PDA

View Full Version : 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

imamaze
04-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Please continue here.
Remember the rules: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159
Remember the "ignore" feature on your profile page.
Please stick with the facts as reported by LE or MSM, and link them. Link them often if necessary.
Please clearly state when it is your opinion. If you are making an inference please clearly outline and link the facts and evidence that have led you to form that inference. Wild speculation about any case player has no place here.
Please PM a mod with any questions or concerns and alert any TOS violations or offensive posts.
And finally, PLEASE address one another respectfully. Last reminder.

We will no longer allow discussion of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson,the Black Panther, or the Neo Nazi's protest(s). There are way too many <modsnips> and timeouts to continue this discussion. We will allow MSM links to such protests, but no discussion.
We need to stick to the facts of this case and that's our discussion here. Please, we ask that you do what you do best - SLEUTH THE CASE.
Blogs and Twitter links and discussion of them are allowed only if it's an approved WS link or a link from main stream media (MSM).

Thread #1 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165269&highlight=Trayvon)
Thread #2 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166351&highlight=Trayvon+martin)
Thread #3 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166513&highlight=Trayvon+martin)
Thread #4 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166660&highlight=Trayvon+martin)
Thread #5
Thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166872&highlight=Trayvon+Martin)
Thread #7 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167001&highlight=Trayvon+Martin)
Thread #8 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167151&highlight=y%2Fo+teen)
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20

Clairfication on WS stance regarding the "victim friendly" issue.
I had a discussion with the owners about how we were to deal with this. This is what I was advised:
At this point in the investigation we don't KNOW exactly who ALL the victims are now. We KNOW that Trayvon is a victim, because he is dead. However, news breaks and new leaks come forth everyday and it is still unclear whether Zimmerman was a victim of any violence. Until more verifiable FACTS are available, WS has chosen to err on the side of treating both the confirmed (Trayvon) AND potential (Zimmerman) victim, both as victims.
Like I said, that may change after we have more verifiable information
Hope that helps clear this up.
Please bump as needed.

Just a reminder:
WS does not permit links that request or suggest sending donations without the clear permission of the owners . This is to protect our members and for no other reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSueMe
Anyone wishing to discuss the demonstrations, political, religious or racial aspects of the Trayvon Martin case, please check out our new forum in the Private Area of Websleuths, called SOUND OFF.
Warning: Be sure to read the Required Reading thread. Trayvon Martin Sound Off

TonyGatto
04-10-2012, 05:59 PM
After learning all we've learned about GZ today, go back and listen to his call to police.

Aedrys
04-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Talk about a ride on the crazy train today...just whoa...

Dr.Fessel
04-10-2012, 06:00 PM
The lawyers said they were working for free until he gets arrested. I think that is their words.

BetteDavisEyes
04-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Vinnie Politan: "Fasten your seatbelts!"

waltzingmatilda
04-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Talk about a ride on the crazy train today...just whoa...

I knew better than to follow another case in Florida.:banghead:

Dr.Fessel
04-10-2012, 06:03 PM
George is not going crazy. This is George and how he has always been. He called the cops on his landlord because the landlord wanted rent and George did not feel it was right because the house was being foreclosed on.

Boytwnmom
(brought this over from other thread so may be UGLY)
and it's GZ who told the SA when he called them directly that the two attorneys were just his "legal advisers" and not his attorneys. Naturally, the SA's office would not speak with him further as it would be unethical.

I just can't believe that they stood there and stated they were withdrawing as counsel and then proceeded to continue to speak about and for their former client. I find that highly questionable in the ethical realm. You need permission to speak publicly and share information the client divulged to you. However, I wonder what, if anything, was divulged or whether they got all their info from the father and the media? I know I found it odd that they continued to not meet with their client. At first I thought it was so they would not be able to "see" his serious "injuries" but after all this time even his life threatening shaken baby injuries would likely be healed to the human eye so it was likely just George being controlling. Honestly, as time goes on he seems nuttier and nuttier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjeta
I don't think it matters if they were paid or not; a pro bono client relationship is just as good as a paid one afaik. IMO an attorney doesn't have to meet your client personally either in order to work with them although it would help tremendously imo.

Was it the attorneys or GZ who said that they weren't his attys but only his legal advisers?

They have been referred to as his attorneys in the media multiple times until now and no one has ever objected to the description until now.

katydid23
When I heard the lawyers were calling a presser I was sure that they were announcing GZ'z arrest. LOL Boy, was I off. :thud::thud:

LambChop
04-10-2012, 06:04 PM
"Couth". Those two (especially the older fella) are not "couthy" at all!! What a shameful shame. I cannot believe that these two attorneys turned a press conference into a side show. A simple, "we are no longer GZ's attorneys of record. Please direct any further inquiries to RZ" would have sufficed.

I would be calling the Florida Bar right now if I were GZ. There is no need for the world to know that he is out of Florida. That was told in confidence!!!

Did I hear this right???? Did I hear Atty Sonner say that GZ was obviously close if he planned to turn himself in????? Someone then asked if he knew where he was and he laughed and said no and if someone else knows where he is I won't tell you who that is either???? The only thing he did not say was "it starts with an O and ends with an O" (he did not say that, just an example). Then he said if GZ wanted him to, Sonner could bring him in to turn himself in and then back peddled to, but not in my car, not my car, I would not bring him in my car, I'd make special arrangements. lol :banghead: How do these attorneys make any money? Why are they still attorneys????? jmo

HiHater
04-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Anyone think the lawyers quitting is a stall tactic?

waltzingmatilda
04-10-2012, 06:05 PM
George is not going crazy. This is George and how he has always been. He called the cops on his landlord because the landlord wanted rent and George did not feel it was right because the house was being foreclosed on.

His former atty from 2005 said on hln that he was an 'assertive' client.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Could this whole "withdraw" from legal counsel have been a ploy?

I mean, things had calmed down a lot! People were calmly waiting for the decision from the SA? Now all the sudden, these two lawyers, who are not even GZ's lawyers, come out swinging and bring back a lot of raw emotions that were there at the beginning? I think their plan was to bait the public so they could get everyone angry again and hope for it to boil over so much so that when Zimmerman is arrested, the potential jury would be influenced by any countering statements/actions made?

MOO

Isabelle
Man Vinnie speaking to states he feels GZ has paranoid issues.

tehcloser
That was the dadgummist thing I ever saw...........

HiHater
His former atty from 2005 said on hln that he was an 'assertive' client.

:waitasec:

Thin line between assertive and aggressive...

Says a lot about him in general IMO

saguaro

Are they even lawyers?

This entire press conference has to be the most bizarre thing I have ever heard of.

:maddening:

TonyGatto
Crump "great concern for family of TM"...they ask "does this mean they don't know where GZ is at" they ask "is he a flight risk"?

LambChop
After learning all we've learned about GZ today, go back and listen to his call to police.

Can you be more specific??? I'm suffering from shell shock over this pressor???

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 06:07 PM

I don't see why. If Corey decides to arrest him she won't base it on whether he has an attorney or not.

LambChop
04-10-2012, 06:08 PM

There has to be something in the water down there?????

Isabelle
Apologies?

HiHater
Are they even lawyers?

This entire press conference has to be the most bizarre thing I have ever heard of.

:maddening:

Mark Nejame on HLN says there's got to be more going on...losing contact for a day or so isn't a reason to drop a client.

suzihawk
04-10-2012, 06:09 PM
There was always something so fishy about the attorneys never meeting with him face to face. Now even more so. IMO

That was a shameful display for those men who call themselves attorneys. I'm embarassed for them. Shameful an unprofessional! Some of the pundits keep saying they're well respected. If they once were, they are no longer. IMO

HiHater
I don't see why. If Corey decides to arrest him she won't base it on whether he has an attorney or not.

She won't talk to him without an attorney, and I believe I read or heard that a meeting was set up with Zimmerman. I don't know, I was just thinking...so confused lol

Donjeta
So if GZ told the prosecutors these people are not his attorneys, does it mean that actually GZ fired them and this presser was just about saving face so they can say they ditched GZ and not the other way around?

jaded cat
04-10-2012, 06:12 PM
The last thread closed before I could respond but the drug screen on TM's body at autopsy were negative for drugs and alcohol. So even if he smoked pot before, he hadn't done it in at least 3 weeks or so. It takes about 30 days for traces of pot to clear out of your system, less if you don't smoke much.

TM was already in trouble, suspended from school. He probably wouldn't bring any with him when he's on a trip with his dad.

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 06:12 PM
iF SA needs to meet with GZ and he needs to have an attorney, can the court appoint one if he doesn't have one?

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 06:13 PM
So if GZ told the prosecutors these people are not his attorneys, does it mean that actually GZ fired them and this presser was just about saving face so they can say they ditched GZ and not the other way around?

I don't even know what to think? Personally, if he is in Florida, after listening to that press conference, I would Baker Act him! I don't think it's safe for him to be anywhere near the public right now! Any little thing could trigger an outburst.

MOO

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Think GZ's ex attorneys will give an interview on NG tonight? More free air time!

waltzingmatilda
04-10-2012, 06:14 PM

Perhaps his attys assumed as much since he went rogue and set up that website after they had already set one up with his dad, RZ, last Thursday. moo

wm

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Think GZ's ex attorneys will give an interview on NG tonight? More free air time!

I won't be watching if they do! I'd rather watch Abbey from Dance Mom's for 24 hours straight before listening to that again... but it might be fun to see them trying to get lippy with Nancy? She would tear them a new one! :floorlaugh:

TonyGatto
I don't even know what to think? Personally, if he is in Florida, after listening to that press conference, I would Baker Act him! I don't think it's safe for him to be anywhere near the public right now! Any little thing could trigger an outburst.

MOO

But at the police station, minutes after he shot a man to death -- cool as a cucumber

Dr.Fessel
Mark Nejame on HLN says there's got to be more going on...losing contact for a day or so isn't a reason to drop a client. George told the Special Prosecutor that they were not his lawyer. I don't think they had anything to prove they were his lawyer and could not represent themselves as such when it came to the Special Prosecutor. She would not call them when he needed to turn himself in.

Isabelle
I missed the part where Uhrig was discussing TM's prep by the mortician and what was/wasn't seen??!!

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 06:16 PM
I won't be watching if they do! I'd rather watch Abbey from Dance Mom's for 24 hours straight before listening to that again... but it might be fun to see them trying to get lippy with Nancy? She would tear them a new one! :floorlaugh:

I'd watch Abby too!

Emeralgem

I'm thinking its ALL.. Smoke and Mirrors...JMHO

JeannaT

I do have to comment on this.

I've lived in a rent house that was being foreclosed on, and GZ is right. In that case, you pay your rent to the financial institution that is foreclosing, not your landlord.

When the bank foreclosed on my home, a bank rep came to the house with a cop to inform us of where we were to be sending our rent checks, and to call LE if the landlord attempted to bully us into paying rent to her.

And sure enough, she did. She tried by force us to pay her rent and we had to call LE.

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 06:17 PM
But at the police station, minutes after he shot a man to death -- cool as a cucumber

I know, and snap in a split second! I know the kind.

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Erik Fisher, Psychologist on HLN: 'doesn't have all of his faculties", poss grandiosity,
concerned he may be psychologically lost.

JeannaT
04-10-2012, 06:20 PM
The last thread closed before I could respond but the drug screen on TM's body at autopsy were negative for drugs and alcohol. So even if he smoked pot before, he hadn't done it in at least 3 weeks or so. It takes about 30 days for traces of pot to clear out of your system, less if you don't smoke much.

TM was already in trouble, suspended from school. He probably wouldn't bring any with him when he's on a trip with his dad.

I never heard that the tox tests were in. Is that today's news?

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Did anyone hear what Uhrig said about mortician?

Dr.Fessel
04-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Did anyone hear what Uhrig said about mortician?

He just said the mortician did not see any injuries to the body.

HiHater
04-10-2012, 06:22 PM

I've lived in a rent house that was being foreclosed on, and GZ is right. In that case, you pay your rent to the financial institution that is foreclosing, not your landlord.

When the bank foreclosed on my home, a bank rep came to the house with a cop to inform us of where we were to be sending our rent checks, and to call LE if the landlord attempted to bully us into paying rent to her.

And sure enough, she did. She tried by force us to pay her rent and we had to call LE.

Legally, you must continue to pay rent to your landlord during the foreclosure process.

http://www.miamidade.gov/csd/foreclosure_information.asp#tenant

JeannaT
04-10-2012, 06:23 PM
http://www.miamidade.gov/csd/foreclosure_information.asp#tenant

Maybe during the process, although you wouldn't have any way to know if it was in the process, IMHO. Once the house is foreclosed on, you pay to the bank.

Interesting.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 06:24 PM
This is a serious question?? Do you think maybe JB got to GZ and he is now representing him? Just the whole thing about accounts being set up, etc... and how there is possibly two of them and these two lawyers don't want to "touch that?"

I think maybe these two lawyers did this press conference so that they could be like LKB and be invited back onto all the shows to be guest speakers? They obviously don't want to give up the camera time... as a simple... we have withdrawn as legal counsel... would have been much more appropriate?

Weird?

francie
04-10-2012, 06:26 PM
You can't catch a fish if his mouth is closed." Mark NeJame......LOL!

suzihawk
He just said the mortician did not see any injuries to the body.

Did he? I missed that part - so much going on. Seems like he wouldn't want to say that since it doesn't support his EX-client's claims of TM sneaking up from behind, pouncing on him, punching him in the nose and pounding his head repeatedly on the pavement to within an inch of his life.

Boytwnmom
here as there is no "case" under way. If he balks at hiring counsel, he can be appointed one when/if he gets arrested. Right now, he's not in the system.

HiHater
04-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Maybe during the process, although you wouldn't have any way to know if it was in the process, IMHO. Once the house is foreclosed on, you pay to the bank.

Interesting.

The original poster said the house was "being" foreclosed on, so GZ knew it was in the process. The link I provided also shows steps that usually occur, so the renter would be very well aware of the process IMO.

Seems like GZ wanted to have his cake and eat it too...JMO MOO

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm still confused about the websites? So there was one set up by RZ Sr. and the lawyers... and now a separate one has been set up by GZ himself?

kimpage
04-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Wow on the shows the talking heads are saying these two lawyers just made GZ look worse and that it puts a spotlight that he might be a flightrisk...And i agree with them.:moo::moo::moo::moo:

mfcmom
04-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I think there is much more to this story than the attorney's are letting on. Perhaps GZ has changed his story? Why would he attempt to contact the SA on his own. Sean Hannity? That alone will escalate the racial component? I really suspect this "control freak" behaviour on his part is indicative of his past behaviors, i.e., at the bar with the ATF agent, with the domestics, and lastly with Trayvon that night. It is beyond grandiosity I think. It is psychopathic in my humble opinion.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 06:30 PM
If I ever need a defense lawyer, I'm going out of State to get one!

HMSHood
04-10-2012, 06:30 PM

Interesting you mentioned that. I have seen apartments being foreclosed on and everyone was evicted even if they pay rent on time. That is due to the owner's irresponsibility.

HiHater
04-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Who are the people in the background of the press conference?

LolaMoon08
I feel really stupid, but I am going to have to google Sean Hannity?

ETA: Just did a quick google search... I get it!

jjenny

Does anyone think Zimmerman could be out of States all together now?

HMSHood
I wonder why the lawyers quit suddenly. There is got to be something behind it.

waltzingmatilda
The psychologist just said that GZ shows signs of having a grandiose opinion of himself and sees himself as a nice person but he has unfortunately made poor choices, beginning the night he shot Trayvon. (paraphrased)

IMHO GZ shows signs of being a controlling person.

moo

wm

Steft50
04-10-2012, 06:32 PM

Interesting.

When we lived in a rental that went into forclosure the papers were sent to the property (us). We were to continue to pay to the landlord until the forclosure was finalized. Only at that time does the property belong soley to the financial institute. This was in the state of Texas.

Emeralgem
04-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Erik Fisher, Psychologist on HLN: 'doesn't have all of his faculties", poss grandiosity,
concerned he may be psychologically lost.

Psychologically lost = EGO run amok.. JMHO

Aedrys

Don't take any naps, Teh. This case is crazy enough already!!!!

HMSHood
The psychologist just said that GZ shows signs of having a grandiose opinion of himself and sees himself as a nice person but he has unfortunately made poor choices, beginning the night he shot Trayvon. (paraphrased)

IMHO GZ shows signs of being a controlling person.

moo

wm

Just for the record, I am on the fence about this case. I noticed the "Jekyll and Hyde" personality he had. I wonder if he has any or is developing mental illness or personality disorders.

grandiose opinion of himself and sees himself as a nice person

I have seen that kind of personality before with other infamous figures; Jerry Sandusky and Lori Drew.

LolaMoon08

Personally, I believe he is either in Florida or Virginia... maybe he is at a little compound in Port St. Lucie?

MOO

suzihawk
04-10-2012, 06:34 PM

They said they had to make collect calls to him (or vice versa?). Don't most cell services include long distance these days?

legalmania
04-10-2012, 06:34 PM

Interesting.

The best thing to do is file with the court registry, and pay your rent to the court. The court then decides who gets the money.

seattlechiquita
04-10-2012, 06:35 PM
:uthere: anyone has a link to the video pretty please?????

Donjeta
I just realized an interesting thing about these discussions.

One of today's topics was the weather. Because it was so effin cold that it was utterly suspicious for Trayvon to be out.

OK, let's say that is reasonable. Maybe no one in Florida goes out if it's 60 degrees out because it's going to freeze your toes for sure.

What is strange is that a few threads ago it was very suspicious for Trayvon to have worn his hoodie because no one in Florida ever wears one since it's always too hot to do so. Anything but flipflops, shorts and T-shirts was a certain burglar who had something to hide.

So, it was too effin cold for TM to go outside at all without being suspicious, but it was also too warm for him to wear a hoodie without being suspicious.

kimpage
I think there is much more to this story than the attorney's are letting on. Perhaps GZ has changed his story? Why would he attempt to contact the SA on his own. Sean Hannity? That alone will escalate the racial component? I really suspect this "control freak" behaviour on his part is indicative of his past behaviors, i.e., at the bar with the ATF agent, with the domestics, and lastly with Trayvon that night. It is beyond grandiosity I think. It is psychopathic in my humble opinion.
And i agree 100% IMHO

Boytwnmom
04-10-2012, 06:36 PM
more a circus. What should have been a quiet and private termination of a relationship became a media spectacle because of these guys where they proceeded to still "represent" him after withdrawing from "representing" him.

They must practice law a lot differently in FL than they do back here in the east because I've never seen anything like the characters you Floridians come up with! They clearly are trying to rile up white people, that's my estimation with taunting the Martin family and their supporters and imitating them. These people lost their son. I've honestly never seen an attorney for someone who has admitted killing someone go on TV and make fun of the victim and his family and supporters. It's just weird. I think they are now trying to manipulate the racial angle to make it look like blacks are being unreasonable and to try and separate out the black supporters from white people in general. Little do they know how many of us white people support Trayvon's family and don't make judgments based on the race of the defendant or victim. But it's the same as going on shows like Hannity which has a reputation for fermenting racial animosity by equating the calling out of racism AS racism. That's a well established ploy.

Could this whole "withdraw" from legal counsel have been a ploy?

I mean, things had calmed down a lot! People were calmly waiting for the decision from the SA? Now all the sudden, these two lawyers, who are not even GZ's lawyers, come out swinging and bring back a lot of raw emotions that were there at the beginning? I think their plan was to bait the public so they could get everyone angry again and hope for it to boil over so much so that when Zimmerman is arrested, the potential jury would be influenced by any countering statements/actions made?

MOO

Marshmallow
a couple thoughts:

- have you ever known a parent who always covered for their kiddo's mistakes? when their kiddo (usually school aged) finally ran into a situation their mommy or daddy wasn't there to fix, the child was a fish out of water. An adult who thinks they're above repercussions would become a mental wreck when their parent couldn't fix a big mess they'd made.

- I think the ex-attys have made a bigger mess and I am curious to see how it can get blamed on Mr Martin's family. That comment about Mr Zimmerman not being able to go to 7-11 was tasteless beyond belief and in my opinion deliberate.

LolaMoon08
:uthere: anyone has a link to the video pretty please?????

When one gets put up (I don't have a link), I would just like to say that I warned you to SPARE yourself from the whole thing! I've never seen anything like it!

MOO

waltzingmatilda
04-10-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm still confused about the websites? So there was one set up by RZ Sr. and the lawyers... and now a separate one has been set up by GZ himself?

From what I understand, 'the real GZ' website that was set up Sun is the one GZ set up. (the one with the graffiti pic) The attys had set up a different one with RZ's dad last THur. RZ and the atty's went to the bank to set up an acct. for donations. But take that for what it is worth because my head is spinning,lol!

wm

4Jacy
04-10-2012, 06:38 PM

Well that's nice to know. Now, was GZ tested for drugs or alcohol? Why weren't his clothes tested. Does he still have his gun?

This is a horrible case. If GZ is not arrested soon, I forsee big trouble in this country.

R.I.P. Trayvon

seattlechiquita
04-10-2012, 06:39 PM
When one gets put up (I don't have a link), I would just like to say that I warned you to SPARE yourself from the whole thing! I've never seen anything like it!

MOO

:seeya: I hear you. But I have no cable, so no JVM, NG or anyone else for me so I grab what I can here and there :(

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 06:41 PM

What you get Lola?

jaded cat
04-10-2012, 06:41 PM
I never heard that the tox tests were in. Is that today's news?

I checked to see where I read that and it is not an official report. After searching for myself, I don't see any results, just that the testing was done at autopsy.

My apologies and a reminder to myself to FACT check first!

BetteDavisEyes
04-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Anyone ready for a glass of wine (or beverage of your choice)? Methinks it's going to be a long night on HLN.

ynotdivein
04-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Further explanation about the website here:

GZ's Lawyers Step Down from Case (Click Orlando) (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/George-Zimmerman-s-lawyers-step-down-from-case/-/1637132/10422462/-/bdwpd6z/-/index.html)

"<snip> The attorneys also said they were supposed to set up Zimmerman's website, TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com and they even set up a PayPal account for their version of Zimmerman's site to go to an account controlled by his father. Instead, Zimmerman set up the site on his own, and it's not clear where the PayPal account on Zimmerman's site he made is going.

Although Zimmerman wouldn't talk to his attorneys, he posted an update on his site at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, reading:

"I am attempting to respond to each and everyone of my supporters personally. The support has been overwhelming in volume and strength. I thank you all and ask that you permit me the time to respond to each one of you personally. Once again thank you.

Sincerely,

George Zimmerman. <snip>"

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 06:43 PM
a couple thoughts:

- have you ever known a parent who always covered for their kiddo's mistakes? when their kiddo (usually school aged) finally ran into a situation their mommy or daddy wasn't there to fix, the child was a fish out of water. An adult who thinks they're above repercussions would become a mental wreck when their parent couldn't fix a big mess they'd made.

- I think the ex-attys have made a bigger mess and I am curious to see how it can get blamed on Mr Martin's family. That comment about Mr Zimmerman not being able to go to 7-11 was tasteless beyond belief and in my opinion deliberate.

I AGREE 100%! I believe George has always been one of those kids who have had their parents fix their messes... and they can't fix this one... even though they may have tried? Now it's Trayvon's parents fault because they want justice for their son! :banghead:

MOO

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 06:43 PM
They said they had to make collect calls to him (or vice versa?). Don't most cell services include long distance these days?

Could be he was no longer using cell phone because pings would tel what his approximate location was?

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 06:44 PM

GZ's Lawyers Step Down from Case (Click Orlando) (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/George-Zimmerman-s-lawyers-step-down-from-case/-/1637132/10422462/-/bdwpd6z/-/index.html)

"<snip> The attorneys also said they were supposed to set up Zimmerman's website, TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com and they even set up a PayPal account for their version of Zimmerman's site to go to an account controlled by his father. Instead, Zimmerman set up the site on his own, and it's not clear where the PayPal account on Zimmerman's site he made is going.

Although Zimmerman wouldn't talk to his attorneys, he posted an update on his site at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, reading:

"I am attempting to respond to each and everyone of my supporters personally. The support has been overwhelming in volume and strength. I thank you all and ask that you permit me the time to respond to each one of you personally. Once again thank you.

Sincerely,

It's like a Justin Bieber fan page, pretty much?

Boytwnmom
04-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Man, I would shy away form those guys you have running loose down there. Publicity hound, much? I've found the really good lawyers aren't screaming on the TV or AT it either...

Emeralgem
04-10-2012, 06:45 PM
a couple thoughts:

From what I heard.. I viewed his statements as being a planned strategy to further divide... My question is WHY? JMHO

waltzingmatilda
04-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Just for the record, I am on the fence about this case. I noticed the "Jekyll and Hyde" personality he had. I wonder if he has any or is developing mental illness or personality disorders.

grandiose opinion of himself and sees himself as a nice person

I have seen that kind of personality before with other infamous figures; Jerry Sandusky and Lori Drew.

Thanks HMSHood. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed those signs!

wm

What'sThatClue
04-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Could be he was no longer using cell phone because pings would tel what his approximate location was?

Heck, even my home phone carrier covers the entire US, Canada and Mexico and PR. Not to mention our cells do too. Bizarre.

Gin
Wasn't GZ's daddy a magistrate in Va? Based on that, maybe daddy has contacts/friends in Va that are housing and helping GZ. I'm just throwing it out there.

LolaMoon08
What you get Lola?

I didn't know who Sean Hannity was... I now realize why I didn't know who he was. I don't really watch any of the national news stations?

What'sThatClue
04-10-2012, 06:47 PM

Good thought!!!

suzihawk
04-10-2012, 06:48 PM

Ahh... good point. So he way trying to hide where he was from his attorneys, too?

Boytwnmom
04-10-2012, 06:49 PM
says a lot that Georgie called him...out of all the people in the world, he calls Hannity. Another on the list of things not to do when you're suspected of having racial animus toward the black teen you shot and you have the Justice Dept investigating you for a hate crime-call Hannity. Next, he'll be on his show-it'll be great for ratings and Hannity doesn't really care about the crap he riles people up about-he's in it for the money. You could almost...almost end up feeling for GZ but not quite when you realize he has never uttered a word of regret about killing Trayvon.

annalia
04-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Gee it's so so nice to hear that according to the attorney, GZ trailing Trayvon with a loaded gun calling him an effin *** , and one of those a****** that always gets away, is just sticks and stones may break my bones.

The attorney says anyone can follow him home, yeah right, my bet is he'd be singing quite a different tune if it was his child or loved one who was followed with a loaded weapon and shot dead.

What a tool.

JMHO

Emeralgem
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Anyone ready for a glass of wine (or beverage of your choice)? Methinks it's going to be a long night on HLN.

Vanilla chai here..With half and half.. No sugar..JMHO

BetteDavisEyes
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Jane Velez-Mitchell: (Presser) "was wild, bizarre, and... wacky!" :what:

octobermoon
04-10-2012, 06:51 PM
FYI FT is going to be on JVM again tonight. I may have to change channels. He creeps me out.

seattlechiquita
Gee it's so so nice to hear that according to the attorney, GZ trailing Trayvon with a loaded gun calling him an effin *** , and one of those a****** that always gets away, is just sticks and stones may break my bones.

The attorney says anyone can follow him home, yeah right, my bet is he'd be singing quite a different tune if it was his child or loved one who was followed with a loaded weapon and shot dead.

What a tool.

JMHO

Dude, wait WHAT???? [bbm] :what: wow, and I thought you all were exaggerating the level of stupidity of these clowns. This is crazy :what:

Gin
I didn't know who Sean Hannity was... I now realize why I didn't know who he was. I don't really watch any of the national news stations?

If GZ told Hannity anything of substance about this case, could Hannity be subpoened? I wonder what Hannity's attorneys are advising/warning him about. He may not really want to get too over involved, or maybe he wants the publicity. I dunno? Any thoughts?

LolaMoon08
Question??

If GZ was so depressed and all... how is he finding the strength to reply back to his supporters? I hope his supporters release his personal replies to the media so we can read them! Or hopefully the FBI is watching this carefully!

MOO

Emeralgem
04-10-2012, 06:52 PM

What a tool.

JMHO
They would all be singing a different tune IF it was one of their children..They would have put GZ under the jail...That night...JMHO

seattlechiquita
FYI FT is going to be on JVM again tonight. I may have to change channels. He creeps me out.

lol you're just sad you don't get to drool over the hot DA from the Hemy Neuman case :woohoo:

legalmania
Ahh... good point. So he way trying to hide where he was from his attorneys, too?

Wonder if the Special Prosecutor knows where he is?

Boytwnmom
04-10-2012, 06:53 PM
this guy needs a lawyer. Can you imagine WHO will be sending him money and supporting him. You already have the National Socialist/White supremacists on his side offering to come keep the white people in Sanford safe and now he's soliciting money and correspondence and returning it...I'm not Jewish but Oy Vey! Why do I feel like George is not a good listener?????

Sincerely,

2goldfish
04-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Jane Velez-Mitchell: (Presser) "was wild, bizarre, and... wacky!"

smartest thing I ever heard come out of JVM jmo

CarolinaMoon

He creeps me out, too, but I'll watch what he says like a hawk. He's always dribbling out something that makes GZ look worse.

mfcmom

But it should be SO interesting since HE has been talking to GZ yesterday for hours allegedly, but GZ won't return calls to the former attorneys. Wonder if he will tell her he misses her again? JMO!

annalia
They would all be singing a different tune IF it was one of their children..They would have put GZ under the jail...That night...JMHO

That's for sure, no doubt.

JMHO

octobermoon
04-10-2012, 06:55 PM
lol you're just sad you don't get to drool over the hot DA from the Hemy Neuman case :woohoo:

LOL I do miss seeing his beautiful smile. :redface:

Donjeta
I had to look up Sean Hannity as well.

From his Wikipedia entry:

Conservative Cal Thomas and liberal Bob Beckel, in their book Common Ground, describe Hannity as a leader of the pack among broadcasting political polarizers, which following James Q. Wilson they define as those who have "an intense commitment to a candidate, a culture, or an ideology that sets people in one group definitively apart from people in another, rival group."[13]

As if this case needed more political polarizing.

LolaMoon08
this guy needs a lawyer. Can you imagine WHO will be sending him money and supporting him. You already have the National Socialist/White supremacists on his side offering to come keep the white people in Sanford safe and now he's soliciting money and correspondence and returning it...I'm not Jewish but Oy Vey! Why do I feel like George is not a good listener?????

I hope the FBI is keeping a good eye on it too!!

MOO

nursebeeme
04-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Dude, wait WHAT???? [bbm] :what: wow, and I thought you all were exaggerating the level of stupidity of these clowns. This is crazy :what:

there was also the piece where they made fun of the congresswoman in a falsetto voice

(no I am not kidding)

belle3
04-10-2012, 06:59 PM
so wait.... are they saying that gz has access to public donations and no one knows where he is??? Am i understanding this right??

waltzingmatilda
04-10-2012, 07:00 PM
from the nice looking psychologist on hln.....

psycholological issues.....GZ could be a risk if he feels his world is crumbling around him.

wm

raeann
04-10-2012, 07:01 PM
there was also the piece where they made fun of the congresswoman in a falsetto voice

(no I am not kidding)

Yes...that particular congresswoman I have sometimes suspected of having her hats interfere with her brain waves myself.....but blatantly ridiculing her in a clearly demeaning tone on nationwide television was wayyyy beyond unprofessional.

jmo

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 07:02 PM

(no I am not kidding)

Did you also notice how nasty they were when any female reporter dared to question them?? As a woman, it is frightening the way these men, including FT, talk to women! I feel like we've went back in time 70 years! I hate that this has to even be about race... but I think it's becoming quite clear that the WHITE MEN involved in this case have a mindset that everyone is beneath them!

I really don't want to have to go out and burn my bras! But I will!!

MOO

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Anyone who is watching HLN tonight, please keep me updated! I just can't listen to any more today! Thanks!

seattlechiquita

(no I am not kidding)

W.T.F. :what:

Boytwnmom
the victim and his supporters. Honestly, that's what I think. He wanted to be out there making this case in the media and given a free platform to paint Trayvon as a thug and his supporters as crazed "black people" (shown by imitating the black congresswoman and calling out the black leaders) and poor George as someone attacked...out of nowhere..by this thug (the atty said Trayvon not the nice boy they tried to show us but the middle finger, Twitter etc).

He's speaking to white people, he thinks there is still enough racial prejudice and bias that people will more naturally gravitate to people of their own race and there's still more whites than blacks in this country and they're trying this publicly for numbers and they think the quickest way to up the numbers is to play on racial issues and bring the rest of the non-black population on board. As always IMO, JMO etc

From what I heard.. I viewed his statements as being a planned strategy to further divide... My question is WHY? JMHO

legalmania
Is George Zimmerman acting like a scared person or a guilty person?

curl_in_progress
Sorry if this question has been already asked. Does anyone think the frail and fragile gentleman in the white button down shirt in the background of the presser was Robert Zimmerman Sr.?

I missed the beginning, so maybe they announced it was him? Can anyone confirm?

waltzingmatilda
04-10-2012, 07:06 PM
natalie jackson on JVM

....press conference is strange....TM's family is only calling for justice....his family is praying for GZ...they are a praying family.....

nursebeeme
04-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Sorry if this question has been already asked. Does anyone think the frail and fragile gentleman in the white button down shirt in the background of the presser was Robert Zimmerman Sr.?

shoot..! I don't know.. anyone else??? I was so gobsmacked by the attorneys that I didn't even notice anyone else in the background

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 07:10 PM
I think this is a good time to post Trayvon's mother's words: I saved this to remind everyone what Trayvon's mother wants!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-shmuley-boteach/sybrina-fulton-trayvon-martin_b_1409832.html

I have no time for anger. I don't want to grant it a place in my heart. I simply want justice. I don't hate him and I'm not angry at him. But my son died and we deserve to know what happened. It's not for the police to determine justice. It's for the courts. And we'll stand by what the court says. But that's what I'm focused on. We want an arrest. But it's not out of anger or hatred. I have too much to do to be sidetracked with any of that. But when your son dies and there isn't even an arrest, it makes it so much harder.

waltzingmatilda
04-10-2012, 07:11 PM
FT on now......

he says he had no inking gz was avoiding his attys....at no time while talking yesterday did he show signs of stress...was very monotone lucid and calm...just gz being bz.....says the lawyers were lawyering....was surprised they fired gz as a client.....gz didn't mention any problem with the attys.

annalia
04-10-2012, 07:11 PM

I didn't catch it.

Tricia
04-10-2012, 07:12 PM
TONIGHT ON WEBSLEUTHS RADIO

THE TRAYVON MARTIN/GEORGE ZIMMERMAN CASE.

ALSO WILL UPDATE THE SEARCH FOR SIERRA LAMAR.

JOIN US IN JUST A FEW. 8 PM EASTERN/5 PM PACIFIC.

LISTEN HERE!!! (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/04/11/websleuths-radio-special-edition-tuesday-april-10th)!!!

Donjeta
04-10-2012, 07:13 PM
FT on now......

he says he had no inking gz was avoiding his attys....at no time while talking yesterday did he show signs of stress...was very monotone lucid and calm...just gz being bz.....says the lawyers were lawyering....was surprised they fired gz as a client.....gz didn't mention any problem with the attys.

Did FT talk to GZ in person or over the phone?

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 07:14 PM

Over the phone.

angelmom

OT...maybe not for long! Looks like Andrea is up next!

Back on topic...thanks so much to everyone for keeping us updated. I was doing carpool pickup, etc. and completely missed the presser.

Honestly, I can't help but wonder what craziness will come out of central FL when this is over.

deelytful1
GZ's actions to me is the epitome of narcissism and the need for control... if you ask me....
Going against Counsel
Calling the prosecution??
It seems like he thinks he's untouchable
It is in perfect alignment with what (IMO) happened the night trayvon was murdered

Karmady
04-10-2012, 07:15 PM
If GZ told Hannity anything of substance about this case, could Hannity be subpoened? I wonder what Hannity's attorneys are advising/warning him about. He may not really want to get too over involved, or maybe he wants the publicity. I dunno? Any thoughts?

I was in the car during Hannity's show and he had the daughter of Jesse Jackson on (Santita?) and another black woman who is a conservative Dineen Borelli (sp?). He acknowledged talking to George and they had a long conversation about the case. He also played the NBP tapes (very scary!)
and tried to get Santita to codemn the bounty on GZ.

I didn't get the impression that he has any concerns whatsoever about having talked with GZ.

eta: to clarify, Hannity and his two guests had a long conversation. Hannity did not comment on the lenght of his conversation with George...my bad!

waltzingmatilda
04-10-2012, 07:15 PM

Over the phone.

Dr.Fessel
04-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Zimmerman's dad was a magistrate judge, is he a lawyer?

LambChop
04-10-2012, 07:16 PM

Really irresponsible on the attorney's part considering a LE patrol car was shot into today. It's almost as if the attorney is baiting people to rebel. jmo

BetteDavisEyes
04-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Zimmerman's lawyers withdraw from shooting case
By KYLE HIGHTOWER, AP
25 minutes ago

SANFORD, Fla. Two attorneys for the Florida neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin withdrew from the case Tuesday they say because they haven't heard from George Zimmerman in days and he is taking actions related to the case without consulting them.

Attorneys Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig said at a news conference they haven't heard from George Zimmerman since Sunday. They said that against their advice, Zimmerman contacted special prosecutor Angela Corey who will decide if he should face charges. A spokeswoman for Corey's office didn't immediately respond to an email and two phone calls.

Sonner said he had talked to Zimmerman almost every day the last couple months...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120410/US.Neighborhood.Watch.Lawyers/

passionflower
Trayvon's mother has class and dignity.

LambChop

I believe they have had to pass the bar. jmo

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Really irresponsible on the attorney's part considering a LE patrol car was shot into today. It's almost as if the attorney is baiting people to rebel. jmo

That happened in Sanford?

deelytful1
04-10-2012, 07:18 PM
OT...maybe not for long! Looks like Andrea is up next!

Back on topic...thanks so much to everyone for keeping us updated. I was doing carpool pickup, etc. and completely missed the presser.

Honestly, I can't help but wonder what craziness will come out of central FL when this is over.

That would be significantly unjust,, as was the events of today with the police car being shot at ... :(

curl_in_progress
04-10-2012, 07:19 PM
shoot..! I don't know.. anyone else??? I was so gobsmacked by the attorneys that I didn't even notice anyone else in the background

Here's a link to an article with an image that has the gentleman in white in the background.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/10/george-zimmermans-attorneys-withdraw-from-case/

Donjeta
04-10-2012, 07:19 PM
"As of the last couple days he has not returned phone calls, text messages or emails," attorney Craig Sonner said. "He's gone on his own. I'm not sure what he's doing or who he's talking to. I cannot go forward speaking to the public about George Zimmerman and this case as representing him because I've lost contact with him."
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120410/US.Neighborhood.Watch.Lawyers/

And then he went on speaking to the public about the case and George Zimmerman as if he still represented him.

passionflower
04-10-2012, 07:20 PM
The bahama's are only 80 miles away from Ft. Lauderdale, IIRC.
Flight risk?
Puerto Rica???

suzihawk
04-10-2012, 07:20 PM

And then he went on speaking to the public about the case and George Zimmerman as if he still represented him.

... for 45 minutes!

Karmady
04-10-2012, 07:22 PM

In my experience, magistrate judge's are always lawyers -- just like regular judges. Take that fwiw, though, b/c I don't know that there aren't any exceptions for certain types of magistrates or in certain jurisdictions.

Emeralgem
04-10-2012, 07:22 PM
I agree with the woman who is talking on JVM NOW... My intelligence is being insulted..
And the appointed SA has not even questioned or spoken with GZ? JMHO

Marshmallow
04-10-2012, 07:23 PM
question: did George Zimmerman's Father and attys set up a web site for him but then he went and set up his own?

angelmom
04-10-2012, 07:23 PM
That would be significantly unjust,, as was the events of today with the police car being shot at ... :(

What would be unjust? Andrea Sneiderman on trial and having to give up her $2M?

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

legalmania
04-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I believe they have had to pass the bar. jmo

No they don't here is a little more about it.

Most judges who serve in Magistrate Courts do not hold a law degree. It may be different in other states.

http://www.georgiacourts.org/councils/magistrate/video.html

Dr.Fessel
04-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Dr. Drew ‏ @DrDrewHLN

Retweet
Favorite
Open

Just received word that Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez will appear on show tonight. He has something to say about #TrayvonMartin case ..

https://twitter.com/#!/DrDrewHLN

deelytful1
Flight risk?
Puerto Rica???

Already gone and realizing he needs money?
Perhaps not able to use his identity, credit cards, passports for fear people will know where he is and he is NOT liking his current "poor" life as a fugitive?

Concerned Papa
If these attorneys get up in a court of law with the factually incorrect bs they were spreading this afternoon, George Zimmerman is going away for a very long time.

passionflower
04-10-2012, 07:26 PM
why am I NOT surprised that no one can find GZ?
I bet he is long gone.................

Wise Old Owl
04-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Flight risk?
Puerto Rica???
Nah - he won't go there. We have extradition agreements with the Bahamas and Puerto Rico is a possession. IF he is going to run - he's gonna head to a country with no extradition.

JMHO

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 07:27 PM
You know... I haven't really been too worried about any kind of violence until now? I think we have certain people who want it to happen and they are going to keep the fire burning until if finally gets out of control. Things had calmed down a lot and now... all the sudden... you've got two loud mouthed attorney's throwing gas onto the fire.

If I could speak to every citizen in Sanford right now... I would tell them to please not take the bait! This is what they want you to do! I want everyone to stick together and make it through this without any violence! I can not imagine how angry people are after that press conference! It's like spitting in their faces. I'm still so shocked by what happened. But it is baiting!

One thing that I have learned from this case is that there is still so much more we need to do to become a country of ONE HUMAN RACE! These men involved in this case are not just racists... but it appears they have no respect for women and women are not to question them at all! It's this mentality that needs to be stopped!

It needs to stop!

MOO

mercuriod
04-10-2012, 07:27 PM

Or at the very least not getting one from Central Florida, seems they all went to Mickey Mouse college.

mercuriod
04-10-2012, 07:28 PM

I think Zimmerman is probably in Peru with his mothers family.

passionflower
Nah - he won't go there. We have extradition agreements with the Bahamas and Puerto Rico is a possession. IF he is going to run - he's gonna head to a country with no extradition.

JMHO

how far away is Mexico?
Cuba? take him?

Aedrys
Dr. Drew ‏ @DrDrewHLN

Retweet
Favorite
Open

Just received word that Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez will appear on show tonight. He has something to say about #TrayvonMartin case ..

*facepalm* Oh dear GOD...I will NOT be watching that. I'm sure he feels so important because he gets to comment on it, not this opinion means ANYTHING!

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Dr. Drew ‏ @DrDrewHLN

Retweet
Favorite
Open

O.M.G. I better not be psychic!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

belle3
Dr. Drew ‏ @DrDrewHLN

Retweet
Favorite
Open

oh...............no............:truce:

suzihawk
Dr. Drew ‏ @DrDrewHLN

Retweet
Favorite
Open

Oh, Dear God! As if this isn't enough of a circus.

kimpage
natalie jackson on JVM

....press conference is strange....TM's family is only calling for justice....his family is praying for GZ...they are a praying family.....
What TM's parents are praying for GZ??????????? If so the class and dignity they show is remarkable....I could not do it if it was me and my son.....IMHO JMHO and all that

deelytful1
What would be unjust? Andrea Sneiderman on trial and having to give up her $2M?

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

No, let me clarify.. I thought you meant an uprising or the fear of rioting in Central FL ... (which I fear and I'm in Tampa!)
That would be unjust (IMO) because innocent police officers and the community can't (couldn't) stop this atrocity.

Sorry for any confusion! :peace:

passionflower

so that is where she is from...........hmmm.......sounds about right then!

waltzingmatilda
04-10-2012, 07:30 PM
question: did George Zimmerman's Father and attys set up a web site for him but then he went and set up his own?

That is what the attys said in the presser.

Donjeta
Dr. Drew ‏ @DrDrewHLN

Retweet
Favorite
Open

OK if he says that GZ has retained him I will have to stop following the case. My blood pressure is high enough as it is.

TonyGatto
How is it that a patrol car is shot up -- parked near a school, no less -- and nobody sees it and it's like, yeah, oh well.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/10/11121866-shots-fired-at-sanford-police-car-near-trayvon-martin-slaying-site

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 07:31 PM
This is a serious question?? Do you think maybe JB got to GZ and he is now representing him? Just the whole thing about accounts being set up, etc... and how there is possibly two of them and these two lawyers don't want to "touch that?"

I think maybe these two lawyers did this press conference so that they could be like LKB and be invited back onto all the shows to be guest speakers? They obviously don't want to give up the camera time... as a simple... we have withdrawn as legal counsel... would have been much more appropriate?

Weird?

I don't normally quote myself, but this was my post after the press conference today! Just sayin'.

Gin
04-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Is George Zimmerman acting like a scared person or a guilty person?

JMO, neither. He's acting like a highly entitled person.

A scared or guilty person would be listening to their lawyers, very, very carefully.

Kimster
04-10-2012, 07:32 PM
The Websleuths Radio chat room is now open! The show will start in about 30 minutes! See you there! :seeya:

LambChop
04-10-2012, 07:33 PM
No they don't here is a little more about it.

Most judges who serve in Magistrate Courts do not hold a law degree.

http://www.georgiacourts.org/councils/magistrate/video.html

This refers to them as Justice of the Peace so I guess it depends what state you are in. The attorney I worked for was a magistrate judge. Thanks for the info. So I guess it depends on the position to be filled.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Legal/Judges-mediators-and-hearing-officers.htm

Velouria
04-10-2012, 07:34 PM

send in the clowns... :clown: don't bother, they're here...

What'sThatClue

He'd have to have a passport to go most out of the country places (and Peru is a great guess!!!) and the feds could track him easily. Tho extraditing him might be a problem (depending on where he really went)...

belle3
I don't normally quote myself, but this was my post after the press conference today! Just sayin'.

seriously. I dont doubt this one bit. I may cry a bit if this happens.

Wise Old Owl
How is it that a patrol car is shot up -- parked near a school, no less -- and nobody sees it and it's like, yeah, oh well.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/10/11121866-shots-fired-at-sanford-police-car-near-trayvon-martin-slaying-site
From the article:

QUOTE:
The patrol car was parked outside Bentley Elementary School to deter tour buses from using the school’s property during the day and evening, according to Morgenstern.

BBM

Really? No, c'mon - REALLY?????

That is THE SENTENCE from that article.

JMHO

Concerned Papa
All the jabber and schuck and jive in the world wouldn't take the place of an x ray of his broken nose, or a doctor's report with pictures of the life threatening trauma to the back of his head.

IF all this bs is true, why haven't they shown any of it?

Don't just sing it, BRING IT!

suzihawk
04-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Everytime they replay HU saying that bit about poor George not being able to go to the 7-11 to get a Diet Coke it makes me SEETH with anger!! :maddening:

annalia
04-10-2012, 07:35 PM

All that's missing now is Joe Tacopina.

Gin
04-10-2012, 07:36 PM
He'd have to have a passport to go most out of the country places (and Peru is a great guess!!!) and the feds could track him easily. Tho extraditing him might be a problem (depending on where he really went)...
The United States does have an extradition treaty with Peru.

waltzingmatilda
FT said on JVM that GZ wanted 'direct control' which is why he set up his own website.

Mark Nejame says GZ took control the night he shot Trayvon and has now taken control of his defense. Appears erratic.

angelmom

You are a genius! (And a little scary about knowing how JB might think.) :eek:

No, let me clarify.. I thought you meant an uprising or the fear of rioting in Central FL ... (which I fear and I'm in Tampa!)
That would be unjust (IMO) because innocent police officers and the community can't (couldn't) stop this atrocity.

Sorry for any confusion! :peace:

No worries! Stay safe!

LambChop

Isn't that where Joran is???????

raeann

Just checked and there appears to be an extradition treaty with Peru....each one works a bit differently, but I was too lazy to read the details on this particular one.

Gin
04-10-2012, 07:37 PM

And maybe a dinner date with CA. ugh.

Velouria
04-10-2012, 07:37 PM
OK if he says that GZ has retained him I will have to stop following the case. My blood pressure is high enough as it is.

DON'T EVEN TYPE THAT! :please:

If he hires that man I swear I'll plotz right on this ceramic tile floor and have head injuries of my own. That is the LAST thing this case, or for that matter this country would need right now!

suzihawk
04-10-2012, 07:39 PM

Don't even... !!

LolaMoon08
Everytime they replay HU saying that bit about poor George not being able to go to the 7-11 to get a Diet Coke it makes me SEETH with anger!! :maddening:

You know, why didn't he just say it? We know he wanted to? Why didn't he just say that George couldn't go to the 7-11 to get an Arizona Ice Tea. :banghead:

MOO

Emeralgem
Someone on JVM is NOW saying they believe JB will represent GZ...Sorry I'm not very good at multi tasking.. I can't type and watch tv at the same time..JMHO

legalmania
Or at the very least not getting one from Central Florida, seems they all went to Mickey Mouse college.

Well what do you expect central Florida is where Disney World is.

kimpage
04-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Dr. Drew ‏ @DrDrewHLN

Retweet
Favorite
Open

What oh my now that just..I cannot say or i will get banned...IMHO JMHO and all that

deelytful1
04-10-2012, 07:41 PM

Also.. I find it really disturbing that bus tours are congregating in the area to tour the site where trayvon was murdered
People never cease to amaze me....

Aedrys
04-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Someone on JVM is NOW saying they believe JB will represent GZ...Sorry I'm not very good at multi tasking.. I can't type and watch tv at the same time..JMHO

OMG. That better NOT be true!!!! God help all of us if it is!!!!

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 07:43 PM
I think I would also have to stop commenting on this case if Jose ends up being the attorney for GZ. I would personally write a letter to the NAACP and the Martin family to let them know they still have my support 100%... I just can't with Jose? Not again! I thought he moved to Miami? :maddening:

legalmania
04-10-2012, 07:46 PM

If he does he is one brave soul to take on another high profile case.

Wise Old Owl
04-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Just checked and there appears to be an extradition treaty with Peru....each one works a bit differently, but I was too lazy to read the details on this particular one.
What about all the other countries that border Peru?

Aedrys
04-10-2012, 07:48 PM

Or dumber than I ever thought he could be. Sheesh.

LambChop
I think I would also have to stop commenting on this case if Jose ends up being the attorney for GZ. I would personally write a letter to the NAACP and the Martin family to let them know they still have my support 100%... I just can't with Jose? Not again! I thought he moved to Miami? :maddening:

He's willing to represent his clients and go anywhere and everywhere on a moment's notice.....sort of a fly-by-night business. jmo

Concerned Papa
I would really like to know what the topic of conversation was between GZ and Sean Hannity.....

belle3
hey maybe he will bring a new paralegal with him. licorice and all. omg i just cant im so sorry i even put that into the universe.

waltzingmatilda
04-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Mark nejame on hln....was cringing and clenching his jaw during the attys presser.

TonyGatto
04-10-2012, 07:52 PM
I would really like to know what the topic of conversation was between GZ and Sean Hannity.....

Hey buddy.

Hey Buddy.

You're a great American.

No, you're a great american.

belle3
04-10-2012, 07:53 PM
http://www.hannity.com/article/the-trayvon-martin-case-seeking-justice/15305

LolaMoon08
hey maybe he will bring a new paralegal with him. licorice and all. omg i just cant im so sorry i even put that into the universe.

Yeah! I feel horrible for even posting what I posted earlier! I feel like I opened the door for this to happen? I should have kept my fingers quiet. :banghead:

Dr.Fessel
Mark nejame on hln....was cringing and clenching his jaw during the attys presser. You know Nejame's was hired by CNN to be their go to law guy. They might be upset about him not answering them when they asked if Zimmerman had called him.

I think Zimmerman is shopping for a lawyer for free. These guys were going to charge if he was arrested.

chefmom
04-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Shows about to start, guys! Should be a good one! Come on over!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/04/11/websleuths-radio-special-edition-tuesday-april-10th?utm_source=BTRemail&utm_medium=ShowReminder

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 07:54 PM
You know Nejame's was hired by CNN to be their go to law guy. They might be upset about him not answering them when they asked if Zimmerman had called him.

I think Zimmerman is shopping for a lawyer for free. These guys were going to charge if he was arrested.

So why did he set up an account to get donations for a defense if he was going to get a free lawyer?

annalia
04-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey buddy.

Hey Buddy.

You're a great American.

I would stick hot pokers in my eyes before I watched Hannity.

Talk about baiters, he's the supreme baiter among baiters, and he's involved in this for only one reason, politics.

JMHO

Emeralgem

IMHO.. Brave soul can't and never will describe Jose Baez...JMHO

legalmania
You know Nejame's was hired by CNN to be their go to law guy. They might be upset about him not answering them when they asked if Zimmerman had called him.

On one hand he wants donations for a defense and on the other hand he wants a free defense, whats up with that?

mfcmom
04-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Hey buddy.

Hey Buddy.

You're a great American.

Brilliant, ha ha, thank you so much I think many of us are about to have our heads explode!

TonyGatto
04-10-2012, 07:56 PM
I wonder if GZ has purchased a new gun.

waltzingmatilda
04-10-2012, 07:58 PM

Just to clarify because I was typing in a hurry.....MN 'stated' he was clinching his jaw and cringing during the presser, it was not my personal observation.

I agree that Z is shopping for a lawyer for free. (JB?) I don't think he liked that his attys set up that website with RZ because he was not in control. moo

wm

Gin
04-10-2012, 07:59 PM
What about all the other countries that border Peru?

Here's the scoop:

The United States has extradition treaties with all the countries that border Peru (including Peru)

Ecuador
Bolivia
Chile
Brazil
Columbia

belle3
04-10-2012, 07:59 PM
why am i starting to feel that while all this hoopla was happening over here.....something else was happening over there. ya know like a distraction??? hmmm?? I also wonder how soon after the shooting gz actually disappeared

BetteDavisEyes
04-10-2012, 08:00 PM
So why did he set up an account to get donations for a defense if he was going to get a free lawyer?

Defense fund AND "living expenses" ;)

angelmom
04-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah! I feel horrible for even posting what I posted earlier! I feel like I opened the door for this to happen? I should have kept my fingers quiet. :banghead:

If JB is front and center of this case, I blame you. :maddening:

Just kidding! :blowkiss:

Velouria
04-10-2012, 08:01 PM
On one hand he wants donations for a defense and on the other hand he wants a free defense, whats up with that?

As I understand it, he needs money for living expenses, since he "was involved in a life-altering event" that left him unable to work and forced to relocate.

He altered some lives that night, alright. IMO

Emeralgem
04-10-2012, 08:03 PM

I'm somewhat surprised he didn't say.. GZ can't even go to 7-11 to get an Arizona iced tea. His main purpose was to FAN THE FIRE.. JMHO..

Omachka
04-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Looks like Hannity will be talking about his phone call with GZ on his show tonight:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-10/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-press-conference-20120410_1_press-conference-attorney-cnn

Asked about Hannity's interactions with Zimmerman, a Fox News Channel spokeswoman said the issue "will be addressed on Hannity's show tonight." The show, "Hannity," airs at 9 p.m.

TonyGatto
04-10-2012, 08:05 PM
"it may become a defense"....gz lawyer when asked by AC if it was ethical to bring up possible PTSD.

annalia
04-10-2012, 08:06 PM
How can it be a defense, he wasn't suffering from PTSD when he shot Trayvon?

belle3
04-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Looks like Hannity will be talking about his phone call with GZ on his show tonight:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-10/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-press-conference-20120410_1_press-conference-attorney-cnn

my goodness, the choices. JB on dr. drew or sean hannitty, its official. its a circus!!!

legalmania
04-10-2012, 08:08 PM
As I understand it, he needs money for living expenses, since he "was involved in a life-altering event" that left him unable to work and forced to relocate.

He altered some lives that night, alright. IMO

If he was smart he would hire an attorney who handles high profile cases and he could sell his story to several networks and magazines, who would gladly pay him. Instead he once again took the situation into his own hands and now is broke begging for money.

TonyGatto
04-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Lawyer: He's in the United States and said which state he was in.

JeannaT
04-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Lawyer: He's in the United States and said which state he was in.

Which State?

suzihawk
"it may become a defense"....gz lawyer when asked by AC if it was ethical to bring up possible PTSD.

He may have it now (which I very much doubt) but how can that be a defense for him for his actions on 2/26? What could he possibly have PTSD from then that would 'make' him kill a young black man?

raeann
Mark nejame on hln....was cringing and clenching his jaw during the attys presser.

He also, interestingly, pretended to have a malfunction with his earphone connection when the host kept asking him if Zimmerman had contacted him at all....

jmo

Dr.Fessel
04-10-2012, 08:10 PM
"it may become a defense"....gz lawyer when asked by AC if it was ethical to bring up possible PTSD. I think they are hinting there is something in his statement they want thrown out.

TonyGatto
04-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Which State?

Don't you think I would have out that in there had he said what state. He didn't say.

francie
Geragos on Anderson Cooper... " OH MY GOD!! " "They went out and blasted their client then diagnosed their client's mental state", "I thought he was watching an SNL skit" .. "my tongue is bleeding I was biting it so hard"..... omg lolol!!

JeannaT
Don't you think I would have out that in there had he said what state. He didn't say.

Sorry. I thought you were being coy.

Velouria
Just released by SP: announcement to come within next 72 hours!

Boytwnmom
I was curious too so I went and looked at the Qualifications to be appointed a Magistrate Judge

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-37

19.2-37. Magistrates; eligibility for appointment; restrictions on activities.

A. Any person who is a United States citizen and resident of the Commonwealth may be appointed to the office of magistrate under this title subject to the limitations of Chapter 28 ( 2.2-2800 et seq.) of Title 2.2 and of this section.

B. Every person appointed as a magistrate on and after July 1, 2008, shall be required to have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education. A person initially appointed as a magistrate prior to July 1, 2008, who continues in office without a break in service is not required to have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.

C. A person shall not be eligible for appointment as a magistrate under the provisions of this title: (a) if such person is a law-enforcement officer; (b) if such person or his spouse is a clerk, deputy or assistant clerk, or employee of any such clerk of a district or circuit court, provided that the Committee on District Courts may authorize a magistrate to assist in the district court clerk's office on a part-time basis; (c) if the parent, child, spouse, or sibling of such person is a district or circuit court judge in the magisterial region where he will serve; or (d) if such person is the chief executive officer, or a member of the board of supervisors, town or city council, or other governing body for any political subdivision of the Commonwealth.

D. No magistrate shall issue any warrant or process in complaint of his spouse, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent, parent-in-law, child-in-law, brother, sister, brother-in-law or sister-in-law, nephew, niece, uncle, aunt, first cousin, guardian or ward.

E. A magistrate may not engage in any other activity for financial gain during the hours that he is serving on duty as a magistrate. A magistrate may not be employed outside his duty hours without the prior written approval of the Executive Secretary.

F. No person appointed as a magistrate on or after July 1, 2008, may engage in the practice of law.

G. A magistrate who is designated as a marriage celebrant under 20-25 may not accept a fee, a gratuity, or any other thing of value for exercise of authority as a marriage celebrant.

(Code 1950, 19.1-385; 1973, c. 545; 1975, c. 495; 1976, c. 138; 1978, cc. 463, 760; 1984, c. 41; 1985, c. 45; 1986, c. 202; 1996, c. 112; 1999, c. 267; 2004, c. 830; 2008, cc. 551, 691.)

In my experience, magistrate judge's are always lawyers -- just like regular judges. Take that fwiw, though, b/c I don't know that there aren't any exceptions for certain types of magistrates or in certain jurisdictions.

TonyGatto
04-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Jose Baez on CNN right now -- "I'm looking at a saturday night skit" -- blasts GZ's (former) lawyers. Says they could have broken confidentiality.

belle3
04-10-2012, 08:12 PM
fom sa. press conference within 72 hrs about the case. press will be given 3 hrs notice to set up

annalia
04-10-2012, 08:13 PM
We have officially entered the Twilight Zone, Jose Baez going off about ethics in other attorneys.

belle3
Jose Baez on CNN right now -- "I'm looking at a saturday night skit" -- blasts GZ's (former) lawyers. Says they could have broken confidentiality.

He totally reads here, still. lol!

dr dona
I don't want a bounty placed on GZ----I want what Trayvon's parents and most law-abiding citizen's in this country want----a detailed investigation and if charges are warranted---file them. I personally feel that GZ is a loose cannon now and was when Trayvon was shot. I also don't like the reference to TM slinking around the homes. TM is dead ---he can't defend himself. I await the special prosecutors assessment. IMO

PS--
If GZ is arrested and tried, I promise to abide by a decision rendered by the jury. I promise!!!!!!!:please::please::please::please:

JeannaT
Geragos on Anderson Cooper... " OH MY GOD!! " "They went out and blasted their client then diagnosed their client's mental state", "I thought he was watching an SNL skit" .. "my tongue is bleeding I was biting it so hard"..... omg lolol!!

Certainly we've all admired Geragos for his professional demeanor and careful portrayal of his clients.

kimpage
04-10-2012, 08:14 PM
On Nancy Grace they just said the state attorney will announce within 72 hours if there will be charges.....And media will get 3 hours notice before the announcement.....No link watching it so will add IMHO:please::please: Manslaughter Charges..IMHO JMHO and all that

TonyGatto
Just announced by SP: announcement to come within next 72 hours!

where are you getting this?

TonyGatto
SA will hold newser with 72 hrs...as read on CNN

Lovejac
04-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Dr. Drew ‏ @DrDrewHLN

Retweet
Favorite
Open

:eek: Im afraid to read any further!

suzihawk

Well, if there's one thing (and ONLY one thing) that Baez is an expert on, it would be how the actions of an attorney could look like an SLN skit. JMO

Velouria
Nancy Grace to FT: "Don't make me cut your mike again!" :floorlaugh:

Emeralgem
04-10-2012, 08:16 PM
where are you getting this?

It was just announced on NG

Omachka
04-10-2012, 08:16 PM
my goodness, the choices. JB on dr. drew or sean hannitty, its official. its a circus!!!

Ummm yeah and I think I'll avoid all the clowns and just watch the results of Dancing With the Stars. :moo:

Emeralgem
04-10-2012, 08:17 PM

NG is giving him HELL. Disputing everything he is stating...

belle3

Its nice that he still misses her, though!

LolaMoon08
Welp... there will be no sleep for the next 72 hours! Might as well get the coffee going and the crock pots heated!