PDA

View Full Version : Robert Durst

MrsMush99
10-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Has anyone be following this case? I just noticed it yesterday believe it or not!:D

Anyways, if anyone is interested here are some links:

Durst Testifies (http://www.courttv.com/trials/durst/102203_ctv.html)

Full Coverage (http://www.courttv.com/trials/durst/index.html)

MrsMush99
10-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Durst explains what happend.

Click Here (http://www.courttv.com/trials/durst/102303_ctv.html)

Maxi
10-27-2003, 11:53 PM
I just heard that Durst may have Asperger's Syndrome. That is very interesting. Does anyone know any more about this possibility? Does it seem realistic, or just a defense ploy?

Eagle1
10-28-2003, 09:18 PM
I didn't notice this trial until today, Tuesday, when Henning was on the stand, couldn't understand what she was saying, so I went to the Court TV forums and saw the letter.

So was the motive so they could freeze the neighbor? I'm not all that interested that I'd read all the links, just looking for a shortcut. She's evidently trying to enlist Durst in a plan she says a top CIA hacker is involved in. That relieving people of their souls is spiritual, Bush is a reptillian, tells Durst to check his cranial xrays for small crystals which can hear or see what you do. Anyone know where LE got this letter? If not I may have to read some more.

Rum Tum Tugger
11-11-2003, 12:46 PM
I am flabbergasted!!

Robert Durst has been found "NOT Guilty" of 1st degree murder.

The disappearance and very probable murder of Durst's 1st wife will most likely never bring charges against this psychopath.

What a huge mistake the district attys office made in going for broke. 1st degree murder - period. No lesser included charges available for the jury to consider.

Too much important info that the jury was never allowed to hear or consider.

In addition ..Jury instructions, IMO .. are so predudicial toward finding the defendant "not guilty" that they have a tendency to tie the hands of the jury.

Another "monied" but very dangerous defendant walks to freedom ... but hey - that's our justice & jury system at work.

Today's verdict is very disappointing!

Rummy

Rum Tum Tugger
11-11-2003, 01:15 PM
This case is chilling .. yet fascinating. :confused:

Worth your time to peruse the various articles at Court TV.

"Complete Story on Durst & the Dismemberment Murder" (http://www.courttv.com/trials/durst/index.html)

Rummy

Jeana (DP)
11-11-2003, 02:05 PM
I absolutely CANNOT fathom how they found him not guilty! I'm speechless.

Puppymom
11-11-2003, 02:37 PM
I just posted under Crimes in the News, or something similar. I live in Houston so this is a huge deal here every single day since jury selection began. Everyone is just shocked that he was found not guilty. They are immediately, according to the news, bringing other charges, but who cares! In the end he killed a 71 year old man, mean and ugly or not, he's dead and this guy walked out of the courthouse this morning FREE!. I'm ashamed to say it happened here.

bluehawaii25
11-11-2003, 04:16 PM
I have been following this case also and am very surprised by this verdict. Obviously Mr. Durst is also very surprised by looking at his facial expressions. I am sure he expected to be found guilty. I don't know what those jurors were thinking about. Unbelievable!!

Puppymom
11-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Your right bluehawaii25. The look on his face was definetly saying "OH MY GOSH! I BEAT THE SYSTEM. HOW DID I DO THAT?"

Jeana (DP)
11-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Puppymom
I just posted under Crimes in the News, or something similar. I live in Houston so this is a huge deal here every single day since jury selection began. Everyone is just shocked that he was found not guilty. They are immediately, according to the news, bringing other charges, but who cares! In the end he killed a 71 year old man, mean and ugly or not, he's dead and this guy walked out of the courthouse this morning FREE!. I'm ashamed to say it happened here.

Well, he's still locked up. They're holding him on other charges. Hopefully, one or two of them will stick

Ntegrity
11-11-2003, 06:04 PM
I'm ashamed to say it happened here.
I know how you feel. I live in Florida, home of the hanging chad :D If I ever want to murder someone, I'll drag them to Houston first ;)

Litlstar04
11-11-2003, 07:05 PM
I am so in shock that I don't even know what to do with myself :fuming: I just can't believe that Durst was found not guilty! I mean, come on! He's suspected of killing his wife years ago, and when the investigation heats up, he hides out in Texas dressed as a mute woman. Then, low and behold, he kills again, but this time dismembering the body and dumping it doesn't hide it well enough. What are the chances of someone being suspected of murder twice in their life? And, not even one juror thinks this is a little out of the ordinary to even get a hung jury. Wait until the jury members find out that he's suspected of a lot more than two murders! :dontknow:

justbrowsing
11-12-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Rum Tum Tugger

I am flabbergasted!!

Robert Durst has been found "NOT Guilty" of 1st degree murder.

The disappearance and very probable murder of Durst's 1st wife will most likely never bring charges against this psychopath.

What a huge mistake the district attys office made in going for broke. 1st degree murder - period. No lesser included charges available for the jury to consider.

Too much important info that the jury was never allowed to hear or consider.

In addition ..Jury instructions, IMO .. are so predudicial toward finding the defendant "not guilty" that they have a tendency to tie the hands of the jury.

Another "monied" but very dangerous defendant walks to freedom ... but hey - that's our justice & jury system at work.

Today's verdict is very disappointing!

Rummy

The members of the jury must be all brain dead. How on earth could they believe that Durst killed the guy with his own gun, then chopped his body up the head was never found, and then find him not guilty, especially considering that he ran away from suspicions that he had murdered his wife!

UNFRICKINBELIEVABLE!

justbrowsing
11-12-2003, 06:11 AM

From all accounts they tried the victim.

Jeana (DP)
12-03-2003, 02:10 PM
His bond was just set at one Billion dollars - yes, Billion with a "B." He's being held in Galveston, Texas, on the charges of fleeing after posting bond on his murder charge.

Litlstar04
12-04-2003, 05:35 PM
I know that the prosecutors went for all or nothing, that's how he ended up getting off. But, I still have to lay some blame on the jurors for this. How could not even one of them think that this wasn't self-defense, which is basically what finding him not-guilty means. I heard one juror say this wasn't about whether or not he was guilty. Well, what is it about then?