PDA

View Full Version : Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

crissyz
04-28-2012, 11:10 PM
At first, I didn't think he was guilty... having worked in real estate in the area and having come across him once before, I didn't think it was possible... however after all this reading and the holes in the story and the fact that he just is not doing anything at all in playing a part in trying to find his loving wife... and his terrible acting... and the car accident..... and the criminal lawyer... and the 2 days in hospital....all makes him look more like the suspect to me.

marlywings
04-28-2012, 11:15 PM
I thought something a bit similar re: storming out. But more along the lines that he was really pissed off with her for walking out and causing so much trouble, which is why he didn't react like someone who was worried, in the beginning. Doesn't explain his most recent behaviour.

Always possible if she did storm off, that he went driving around looking for her & ran into her.

Am not sure the lawyer was hired the next day? He made that comment to the camera on Weds and it was after this he hired the lawyer.

By 7.30am on the Friday, he was on the phone to police to report her disappearance.
"The husband has gone to bed and that was when he last saw her," Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said.

Within hours, Brookfield's streets were being combed by police. Residents were doorknocked several times by officers asking about a missing woman. One local, spoken to three times on the Friday, was told the couple had had an argument and Mrs Baden-Clay had left the house and not returned.

The Courier-Mail understands it was that day, as police searched for his wife, that Mr Baden-Clay contacted a lawyer. He is now represented by Gold Coast criminal lawyer Darren Mahony.

http://www.news.com.au/national/allison-baden-clays-mysterious-disappearance-had-queensland-police-mobilising-a-substantial-force-to-brookfield-within-hours-of-gerard-baden-clays-call/story-e6frfkvr-1226341287303

SKMA
04-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Just read on Twitter that he's arrived at the Indro police station.

indogwetrust
04-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Just read on Twitter that he's arrived at the Indro police station.

The reporter on that news piece with his parents kissing said that Gerard had yet to make a formal statement to the police - I guess this is it then.

Mrs G Norris
04-28-2012, 11:34 PM
YES: he's at the police station talking to detectives....wonder if his lawyer will join him shortly?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/baden-clay-arrives-at-police-station/story-e6freoof-1226341919352

SKMA
04-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Channel 10 reporter is saying he is there to pick up some belongings.

indogwetrust
04-28-2012, 11:37 PM
YES: he's at the police station talking to detectives....wonder if his lawyer will join him shortly?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/baden-clay-arrives-at-police-station/story-e6freoof-1226341919352

Interesting to note that he attended church with his daughters.

Mrs G Norris
04-28-2012, 11:38 PM
What like his mobile phone that they would have completely downloaded now? Hope so.

bikerchick
04-28-2012, 11:42 PM
The more "evidence", the more baffling this case becomes.

It would have taken Allison about 30 minutes to walk to Winrock Street, where the screams were heard. There are streetlights there but there is bushland on one side/housing estate on the other side.

Did she make any calls? Did she take her phone with her? Don't think it would be in most women's natures to walk that route late at night - past the show grounds and along Rafting Ground Road.....

bikerchick
04-28-2012, 11:44 PM
What like his mobile phone that they would have completely downloaded now? Hope so.

Mrs N, where did you find out about the police possibly finding some personal belongings. Many thanks

Mrs G Norris
04-28-2012, 11:45 PM
It was on twitter last night report that SES had found some .. will see if can find reference in MSM ...

Found mention here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-28/search-continues-for-missing-brisbane-mother/3978146/default.htm?site=brisbane

indogwetrust
04-28-2012, 11:45 PM
As 'safe' as Brookfield is supposed to be and feels, the rules of common sense still apply. I wouldn't be walking that route 10pm at night.

I even feel wary and on guard when I'm driving on Gap Creek Rd at night alone, knowing there is a blackhole where there's no mobile reception.

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 11:48 PM
A sad case, if he is guilty and the police don't have enough to charge him! Allison deserves justice.

Liadan
04-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Definitely with the fuzz surrounding the chronology of events on Thurs evening and Fri moring the police must be keeping this tightly under wraps.

We really have no idea what time thispoor lady went missing. It would make sense that he got rid of her way before he said she went for a walk. But if she tucked her kids into bed that would leave a window between bedtime and apparently 10pm or even 7:30 am which is a 12 hour window.

The idea of an abduction is quite remote and unlikely despite Brookfield being dark and its a highly unsafe idea to walk at night simply becaue of the danger of injury -the area is sparsely populated for someone to snatch a person off the side of a road. (A more likely scenario for a would be abduction would be to wait at one of the deserted shopping areas nearby down the road for their victim.)

Also if someone in my house went out walking and the neighbours heard screams, chances are I would also be hearing these screams and I would be running frantically around the walking tracks and calling the police right then and there - I would immediately think the worst for my walking partner but maybe this house is too far away to hear the screams - thoughts?

crissyz
04-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Interesting to note that he attended church with his daughters.

Maybe after reading this forum, and in the media today, that he better start making more of an effort to be seen in public, and give more of the family man view, which has been lacking all this time.... could be something that his lawyer advised him to do.

I hope he is not guilty, that would be awful for the kids, and the in laws.

SKMA
04-28-2012, 11:58 PM
The more "evidence", the more baffling this case becomes.

It would have taken Allison about 30 minutes to walk to Winrock Street, where the screams were heard. There are streetlights there but there is bushland on one side/housing estate on the other side.

Did she make any calls? Did she take her phone with her? Don't think it would be in most women's natures to walk that route late at night - past the show grounds and along Rafting Ground Road.....

Winrock Street is houses on both sides - 1 side is the estate, the other side is large acreages, not bush. BUT if you follow Winrock around as it becomes Kalua then Tangy Streets, it comes out at Kintyre. a cross street. The housing estate is on your left but if you turn right at Kintyre there are acreages on the left that have thick bush behind them that leads to a creek. I played in this creek as a kid. It was my second home. You can access it from Kilkivan Avenue, which Kintyre St eventually becomes. It is very thick, overgrown scrub and vines but the area itself is not that large. The creek itself winds around to Kenmore High to the left and towards Moggill Rd to the right. This creek is about 5 minutes walk away from where his parent live. I know their house well as I was friends with a kid who lived there before them.

An interesting piece of trivia: Amanda Street comes off Kintyre on the left. It dead ends in a driveway and on Google Maps Streetview, whenever those pics were taken, that property was up for sale. The sign says "Century 21" was the agent. That house would back on to the creek and bushland I'm talking about.

Don't tell me, TMI...

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Boo...he's just left the station dammit.

crissyz
04-29-2012, 12:03 AM
I wonder what the girls have said to the police.... surely if A&G were fighting on the Thurs night,the kids would have heard them.
You can only just imagine on a dark night, complete silence, then a woman screaming.... and traveling through the valley, that would have been such an eerie horrible thing to experience, let alone whoever was doing the screaming and what they were going through. Those neighbours will prob have to live with that regret for the rest of their lives. But no one told the police until days later. By then, the search was already in full swing.

truthseeker12
04-29-2012, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the police hold a press conference clearing Mr Baden-Clay just so he can relax and get comfortable with life again (as his family and himself have so desperately asked for, they just want to be normal right, like the sister said)...it won't be long now. Let's hope he cracks under this enormous pressure and confesses to the police, otherwise he'll have to get used to being under surveillance

indogwetrust
04-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Boo...he's just left the station dammit.

So when is he going to supply a 'formal statement'? Or is that something the media has wrong again?

marlywings
04-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Definitely with the fuzz surrounding the chronology of events on Thurs evening and Fri moring the police must be keeping this tightly under wraps.

We really have no idea what time thispoor lady went missing. It would make sense that he got rid of her way before he said she went for a walk. But if she tucked her kids into bed that would leave a window between bedtime and apparently 10pm or even 7:30 am which is a 12 hour window.

Yes I agree...what time did she really go missing. When was the last time anyone else actually saw Allison apart from the husband.

bikerchick
04-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Winrock Street is houses on both sides - 1 side is the estate, the other side is large acreages, not bush. BUT if you follow Winrock around as it becomes Kalua then Tangy Streets, it comes out at Kintyre. a cross street. The housing estate is on your left but if you turn right at Kintyre there are acreages on the left that have thick bush behind them that leads to a creek. I played in this creek as a kid. It was my second home. You can access it from Kilkivan Avenue, which Kintyre St eventually becomes. It is very thick, overgrown scrub and vines but the area itself is not that large. The creek itself winds around to Kenmore High to the left and towards Moggill Rd to the right. This creek is about 5 minutes walk away from where his parent live. I know their house well as I was friends with a kid who lived there before them.

An interesting piece of trivia: Amanda Street comes off Kintyre on the left. It dead ends in a driveway and on Google Maps Streetview, whenever those pics were taken, that property was up for sale. The sign says "Century 21" was the agent. That house would back on to the creek and bushland I'm talking about.

Don't tell me, TMI...

I stand corrected - you're right - it is acreage on the other side. It just looks pretty bushy. I used to play in the creek as a kid too and know exactly the area you are talking about. I would email the police with the Amanda Street info - even if there's no connection, it's better to be safe than sorry.

crissyz
04-29-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm with bikerchick... I would tell the police about Amanda St too, even if they already know, thats ok. If they don't know, then its a good place for them to check out.

Raskolnikov
04-29-2012, 12:41 AM
It seems like the police are keeping their cards close to their chests as there doesn't seem to be a lot of clear information out there and the police or even Gerald's lawyer don't seem to be in a hurry to state the facts. This is against a lot of media scrutiny and obviously the husband's name is not coming out that well out of all of this. You would have thought someone would be facing the media to try and quell the speculation.

Perhaps the police think that this is helping to put pressure on the husband.

zed
04-29-2012, 01:16 AM
The media has too many different stories, some of them are obviously 'heresay' and wrong.
He was the real estate agent for the house we bought six years ago. I found him pleasant and professional even when we procrastinated so long he lost the agency because the owners were uptight individuals. We ended up buying that property through another agent, who had lied to our face in a particularly nasty way only a month before. I could imagine that a real estate agent would have enemies where so much money is involved

marlywings
04-29-2012, 01:21 AM

Don't tell me, TMI...

If you check the Image Date on lower left "December 2009", is a rough idea of when the pics were actually taken.

Liadan
04-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Gosh walking 4km at 10pm at night???? Does anyone have any idea that if she didn't do her regular morning walk - did she made it up in the evening?
It was 18C degrees overnight on Thurs the 19th of April - capri pants and just a t-shirt seems a bit light for a 10pm walk . But seriously won't the police be looking at all scenarios such as...

What was her routine? Has she ever run away in the past?Would she leave her children?

Was her husband abusive in the home but for all intensive purposes the doting father and husband to the rest of the world? No mention of him drinking before the event?What was his evening routine?

alicat
04-29-2012, 02:45 AM
:what:
Gosh walking 4km at 10pm at night???? Does anyone have any idea that if she didn't do her regular morning walk - did she made it up in the evening? What was her routine?

It was 18C degrees overnight on Thurs the 19th of April - capri pants and just a t-shirt seems a bit light for a 10pm walk.

I thought exactly the same thing especially as Brisbane has only just received the cold snap!

dreambella
04-29-2012, 02:55 AM
Maybe she didnt go for a walk..maybe she was just trying to get away..

SKMA
04-29-2012, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the info, marlywings. I did as several of you suggested and sent the police an "I'm sure you've already searched here but ..." email via Crimestoppers (never done anything like it before so hoping the protocol is correct).

I think the whole "went for a walk" thing is rubbish. I suspect she's gotten into a car voluntarily, been driven off and the rest came later.

alicat
04-29-2012, 03:19 AM
:banghead:
Thanks for the info, marlywings. I did as several of you suggested and sent the police an "I'm sure you've already searched here but ..." email via Crimestoppers (never done anything like it before so hoping the protocol is correct).

I think the whole "went for a walk" thing is rubbish. I suspect she's gotten into a car voluntarily, been driven off and the rest came later.

Yep, and her phone has probably been thrown out the car window. I doubt it will be found with her.

Liadan
04-29-2012, 03:33 AM
Yep, and her phone has probably been thrown out the car window. I doubt it will be found with her.[/quote]

yes unfortunately that phone was never going to be something reliable. Too easy to throw in the opposite direction!

marlywings
04-29-2012, 03:41 AM
The media has too many different stories, some of them are obviously 'heresay' and wrong.

I don't quite agree with the above. Yes the media can & does, quite often, go over the top with some of their reporting but there's been very little info reported on this whole case to say whether it's either right or wrong.

Neither do I fully agree with the Baden Clay's "media, leave us alone". If a member of my family was missing I would want, & use, whatever was available, however difficult that might be, to get the message out to the public. One would think if the husband didn't want to speak to the media then why not nominate a member of the family to keep the media/public updated, & in the headlines, which, in turn, keeps the case in the public's mind. Their "not wanting to talk" immediately raises questions & leads to speculation.

marlywings
04-29-2012, 04:14 AM
Channel 7 news just reported there was a party nearby on the night she went missing.

truthseeker12
04-29-2012, 04:25 AM
Hey marlywings are you able to provide a link to that info?

Surely if there was a party on nearby, the police would have the guest list and would have investigated.

The plot thickens...

STELLA85
04-29-2012, 04:36 AM
Channel 7 news just reported there was a party nearby on the night she went missing.

The Brookfield Ball was held last night

marlywings
04-29-2012, 04:43 AM
Not found a link so far, it may turn up later. It was on 6 o'clock news,Channel 7, just after it was mentioned about the husband paying police a visit today,reporter spoke to a woman who lived in the area about noises heard the night Allison went missing. Then it was mentioned there was a party nearby on the same night.

crissyz
04-29-2012, 04:55 AM
Yes I heard on Channel 7 news too that a party was held that night. Did you see as Gerard was coming out of the station and approaching the car that one of the media looked as though he was going to be pushed out the way by Gerard, he just put his hand up to almost push him away, and the cameraman jumped back out the way lol.

itsthevibe
04-29-2012, 05:14 AM
I logged in about an hour ago after a busy day out, and discovered the latest info about the screams. It's taken me ages to catch up on posts, and interesting that there are a few new posters who have come on to post positive things about Gerard Baden-Clay. <modsnip>

Understandable I suppose if you thought he was innocent. But people being nice and helpful and all the other things mentioned by these posters doesnt necessairly mean he is not capable of killing his wife, or that he is simply a good person.

In my experience in life I have found that no one is all bad. Even people who have done wonderful things for charity or the community, who have displayed some lovely qualities, can also have some horrific qualities as well. The good qualities, no matter how good, do not prove the bad ones dont exist.

I have experienced many examples of this. I worked for someone once who was very good to me, letting me have extra time off for family issues no questions asked, always making very positive comments about my work and making sure others knew, and I noticed how sweet she was to other staff in different situations. But there was another side to her. I knew of several staff who complained of bullying by 2 different staff members and they weren't listened to by this woman, and in fact she turned on them and started making their lives hell. One person had to take stress leave, eventually resigned and sued successfully and received a payout.

I once had a partner who had many adorable qualities, a great sense of humour, very sweet and affectionate, with a sort of innocent charm. He adored me and people commented they could tell how much in love he was with me. He cooked me great meals, was great around the house, always remembered birthdays and even spent ages searching for the perfect gift and card. He did a lot for the community, and the women at his work used to tell their husbands he put them to shame. But I eventually discovered he had been cheating, and he also began psychologically abusing me, with subtle put-downs escalating to threatening behaviour where I became quite scared of him hurting me, which he eventually did when I brought up my concerns about his obsession with a particular woman. Sometimes the way he would look at me and snarl and speak in a threatening way were just terrifying, and I'm sure there were many people who would find it hard to believe he could behave that way. I got out of that relationship and later found out thru meeting a close friend of one of his ex-partners that he had done the same to at least one of his ex-partners, one of whom had moved overseas because of it.

So yes, Gerard Baden-Clay may have many good qualities. He may also be a sociopath who is capable of anything if the right set of circumstances arose. This doesnt even mean he was faking the good things. There can be many strange combinations of aspects of a personality. This is sometimes why women stay with abusive husbands. People often say "I dont know why she stays with him when he treats her like that - why doesnt she just leave?" There are many reasons why and they are complicated, but one is that sometimes its hard to believe your partner can behave this badly, because when they are at their best they have so many wonderful qualities. While nothing bad is happening you start to believe nothing will, it almost doesnt seem possible, it's like that bad person who called you nasty names, humiliated you and maybe even hit you is another person altogether.

marlywings
04-29-2012, 05:30 AM
Yes itsthevibe, I think history proves there's a lot of Jeckyll & Hydes in this world. As for Baden Clay, when things were good they probably were very good but throw some hard times/a downturn in real estate market into the mix along with his wife discovering he was having an affair...well...does he then turn into someone completely different to the image he liked to portray to the world.

crissyz
04-29-2012, 05:34 AM
Well said, Itsthevibe. All very true. One of the main characteristics of an abusive man (having been through emotional abuse myself & after learning about their traits) - is in most cases, they will appear like the best husband, giving off the impression that they are so loving and caring, and could never hurt their wives....yet behind closed doors, its a completely different story.
I find it very strange, and from what I have seen on the media, as that is all i can go by, that her parents never mention him, they are never together....perhaps they are aware of this behaviour, and have probably noticed a change in their daughter if thats the case.

indogwetrust
04-29-2012, 05:46 AM
Well said, Itsthevibe. All very true. One of the main characteristics of an abusive man (having been through emotional abuse myself & after learning about their traits) - is in most cases, they will appear like the best husband, giving off the impression that they are so loving and caring, and could never hurt their wives....yet behind closed doors, its a completely different story.
I find it very strange, and from what I have seen on the media, as that is all i can go by, that her parents never mention him, they are never together....perhaps they are aware of this behaviour, and have probably noticed a change in their daughter if thats the case.

I second that crissyz and Itsthevibe, also from personal and painful experience. They are very manipulative. They know how to appear to be so wonderful, yet they can only keep it up for so long and as soon as it is behind closed doors they are entirely different people, so much so that those that know them to be such wonderful people would be horrified.

crissyz
04-29-2012, 06:06 AM
They are usually very good actors.....something that G def is not! lol.

I'm sure the parents know.... maybe thats the reason she suffers from depression, or did the sister just say that in the beginning (along with the police unable to confirm if she is on medication, back in the first few days) - to throw us off the trail of them....to make us think that Allison was unstable and could have left on her own accord?

truthseeker12
04-29-2012, 09:24 AM
The police have confirmed the muffled screams heard Thursday night on Rafting Ground Road:

Missing mother - YouTube

Matilda1
04-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Hi, First time post.

Was there a photo showing GBC's scratched face when he "fell"? I've seen it mentioned a lot, but not seen a photo, or much of a description. Is that why he is growing the beard?

Also, maybe it has been stated, but the car crash, wasn't that a convenient way to avoid questioning for a few days, with a hospital stay? Maybe lead to forgetting? If he is so ok to sit in hospital, why isn't he ok to get out and do something to find his wife. When he sat in hospital, it didn't seem his kids were such a great priority.

Really wanting to know what the personal items were that were found and hope for some resolution to this case. The cold wind blowing between Allison's parents and GBC and his family feels arctic. Clearly there is some bad blood there. (sorry).

Finally, I noticed on Linkedin, ABC is there, and seemed to be listed as a professional in several areas. Most of the other people working in the same ?organization seemed to be psychologists. Her past work in human relations/personnel may be the basis. Her areas also included physical well being, if I remember correctly. Does anyone know about her work there? (I have the free Linkedin, so can't access much ino there.) Was it just work on rare occasions or a regular kind of employment? Just wondering if she had much contact with the psychologists and maybe they were telling her it isn't good to be in a destructive relationship?? Totally conjecture... Would be interesting to know whether this was a job for Allison or a desire/dream. She was clearly talented.

EdinburghLass
04-29-2012, 04:57 PM
GERARD Baden-Clay yesterday took his three daughters to church as police continued their desperate search for his missing wife Allison.

The girls emerged from the service with balloons, one inscribed with the message: "Dear God, make shore (sic) that mum is safe".

Mrs Baden-Clay was last seen 11 days ago as she left her home in Brookfield, in Brisbane's souhwest to go for a walk. Mr Baden-Clay, who had gone to bed soon after she left and reported her missing the following morning, yesterday spent an hour with police.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/children-pray-for-their-missing-mum-allison-baden-clay/story-e6freuzr-1226342167192

Unduly_intrigued
04-29-2012, 05:06 PM
I stand corrected - you're right - it is acreage on the other side. It just looks pretty bushy. I used to play in the creek as a kid too and know exactly the area you are talking about. I would email the police with the Amanda Street info - even if there's no connection, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Don't tell me, TMI...

His parents' house is actually just by there, too. Right off Kilkivan, and directly cross- country from the Rafting Ground roundabout.

Unduly_intrigued
04-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Yes I heard on Channel 7 news too that a party was held that night. Did you see as Gerard was coming out of the station and approaching the car that one of the media looked as though he was going to be pushed out the way by Gerard, he just put his hand up to almost push him away, and the cameraman jumped back out the way lol.

Do you know where they said the party was? Was it on Boscombe, or by Rafting Ground (where the screams were). Those places are not exactly next to each other. I went to the Channel 7 site, and their headline for the video was ridiculous - saying that "neighbors heard missing mum's screams"

People heard SOMEONE screaming, but we don't know who, and the folks by Winrock are by no stretch of the geographical imagination the B-C's neighbours.

marlywings
04-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Do you know where they said the party was? Was it on Boscombe, or by Rafting Ground (where the screams were). Those places are not exactly next to each other. I went to the Channel 7 site, and their headline for the video was ridiculous - saying that "neighbors heard missing mum's screams"

People heard SOMEONE screaming, but we don't know who, and the folks by Winrock are by no stretch of the geographical imagination the B-C's neighbours.

So far I think it's only been mentioned the screams were heard on Rafting Ground Rd, no mention of where the party was. In 10news video reporter speaks to a resident who said she "heard noises but didn't worry, there's been reports of a scream but thinks it was probably related to the teenagers".

Missing mother - YouTube

EdinburghLass
04-29-2012, 06:04 PM
They have just said on Channel 9 that they won't be scaling the search back any time soon.

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 06:57 PM
I think people's use of Google Maps might be getting the better of them. IF the husband is responsible the least likely place he's likely to dispose of Alison is within a kilometre of his parent's place, heading towards the most populated area of Brookfield, in a direct line between his house and his parents where he has ended up staying. I realise someone in the alleged state of mind wouldn't be thinking straight but by all measures of trying to hide something, he'd head for bushland in isolated areas - there is plenty of that.

The screams are probably a furphy - we hear screams from teen's parties quite a bit in this area ... not saying anything that makes a woman scream shouldn't be reported but this would be the tenth occasion in the last year a loud unexplained noise in the 'quiet affluent suburbs' wasn't reported to police.

The place the screams were heard has now been described as 2.5km from the Baden-Clay's home, not 4km as originally reported, nearly half the distance is a big discrepancy.

In the unlikely event a lady 'watching the footy show' would suddenly up stumps and walk 2.5 km she could have been attacked by an unknown person and screamed. But she would have needed to leave home around 9.15 to arrive at that location by around 10 when the neighbours reported the screams.

Maybe the unspecified factors are that the police first observed on the scene are going to be the link to where and how Allison is found. They don't seem too convinced she has gone for a walk either at night or in the morning.

Koalagirl
04-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi,
I haven't posted before but have been following the posts here since I live in the area where this woman disappeared. I found this news item interesting.. The local resident heard screams and then went outside and heard muffled screams as if someone was trying to stop a woman screaming. I feel very bad for Allison as she has young children and I'm sure no woman with young children would have put herself at risk. Knowing the Brookfield area a bit, I wouldn't go out walking here at night.. there is no street lighting in some places and others are poorly lit. I pray every day that Allison is found.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/womans-screams-heard-the-night-brisbane-mum-disappeared/story-e6freuzr-1226341571937

Unduly_intrigued
04-29-2012, 07:10 PM
I think people's use of Google Maps might be getting the better of them. IF the husband is responsible the least likely place he's likely to dispose of Alison is within a kilometre of his parent's place, heading towards the most populated area of Brookfield, in a direct line between his house and his parents where he has ended up staying. I realise someone in the alleged state of mind wouldn't be thinking straight but by all measures of trying to hide something, he'd head for bushland in isolated areas - there is plenty of that.

The screams are probably a furphy - we hear screams from teen's parties quite a bit in this area ... not saying anything that makes a woman scream shouldn't be reported but this would be the tenth occasion in the last year a loud unexplained noise in the 'quiet affluent suburbs' wasn't reported to police.

The place the screams were heard has now been described as 2.5km from the Baden-Clay's home, not 4km as originally reported, nearly half the distance is a big discrepancy.

In the unlikely event a lady 'watching the footy show' would suddenly up stumps and walk 2.5 km she could have been attacked by an unknown person and screamed. But she would have needed to leave home around 9.15 to arrive at that location by around 10 when the neighbours reported the screams.

Maybe the unspecified factors are that the police first observed on the scene are going to be the link to where and how Allison is found. They don't seem too convinced she has gone for a walk either at night or in the morning.

That is 2.5 km as the crow flies. If you are following the only plausible walking/driving paths (especially at that time of night) 4km is much more accurate. The other factor is that you really have to know this area to figure out where you might try to hide something, where you won't be seen by people on their properties, etc, where a car wouldn't be noticed.

marlywings
04-29-2012, 07:25 PM

Yes that's what I keep wondering about, the "unspecified observations", which could really be a whole range of things, what condition was interior of house in, were there signs a fight had taken place, items thrown around etc. What condition were the two cars in, were there scratches or marks on either of them. The list could go on & on but one would think it had to be something rather serious to warrant the first attending police reporting it to detectives.

Couldbe
04-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Yes that's what I keep wondering about, the "unspecified observations", which could really be a whole range of things, what condition was interior of house in, were there signs a fight had taken place, items thrown around etc. What condition were the two cars in, were there scratches or marks on either of them. The list could go on & on but one would think it had to be something rather serious to warrant the first attending police reporting it to detectives.

I am not familiar with Police methods of investigations, but:
it now seems obvious that the Police have their own observations and knowledge of events that they are keeping under wraps. In their investigations, they would be methodically examining all details. They are seeking for members of the Public to contribute any useful information which then they probably organize to be typed into a computer Document Management program. From this program, they would be able to match up 'times' and 'words', and examine them closely to find a 'common thread'. Even if/when Allison's body is found, then they would proceed to re-examine the information to make links with movements/person(s). It is frustrating for us, because: in working with the Police, we volunteer any information/ideas that we have BUT it can't happen in reverse, where the Police would not give valuable information to us to enable our logical minds to solve this mystery.

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 08:48 PM
... the Police would not give valuable information to us to enable our logical minds to solve this mystery.

I don't think the police are seeking offers of criminal analysis from forum members or the general public, but they definitely would like locals to find some physical evidence of Allison's whereabouts. Pretty sure this will be the final piece in their case they're building. Unfortunately I think finding this evidence is going to require people scouring isolated bush in the area, given how likely it is that a vehicle would be seen anywhere near populated and even sparsely populated areas near where she went missing.

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 08:58 PM
The simple truth is that anything the police have uncovered of significance is being hidden from the family and the media because it will be used to trip up the perpetrator when they have enough to make an arrest and bring him in. We are only going to hear things that will not damage their ability to do so, nor hinder the case as it moves towards trial.

Any hints they drop are simply to shake up said perpetrator and encourage him to react thereby compounding the mistakes he has already made.

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 09:05 PM
I feel very bad for Allison as she has young children and I'm sure no woman with young children would have put herself at risk. Knowing the Brookfield area a bit, I wouldn't go out walking here at night

I don't think walking at night in the Brookfield area would normally be seen as too risky - I've seen plenty of single people walking with a torch over the years. While it's tempting to think the screams are related, it's equally likely it was teenagers / people at the party that has been reported.

The story the police are now relaying is that Allison was last seen by her husband at home watching TV, and that he assumed she had left for her usual morning walk and then not returned.

I personally don't believe the police think she went for a walk and that is probably why the initial report of the screams in that relatively populated area quite a distance from her home were not seen as substantial.

They haven't asked who saw Allison walking her usual morning route, or whether anyone saw her on the road at night. They have however asked if anyone saw the family's cars between 10pm and 6am. There's got to be something in that.

Unduly_intrigued
04-29-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't think walking at night in the Brookfield area would normally be seen as too risky - I've seen plenty of single people walking with a torch over the years. While it's tempting to think the screams are related, it's equally likely it was teenagers / people at the party that has been reported.

They haven't asked who saw Allison walking her usual morning route, or whether anyone saw her on the road at night. They have however asked if anyone saw the family's cars between 10pm and 6am. There's got to be something in that.

Two things: I live very close to the residence, and I think that while not impossible to go out walking along there at night, there are definitely some routes that are much more and some that are much less plausible, given where the streetlights are (or aren't). Some are very implausible in my opinion, even if you were walking out hella angry.

Also, I have no idea what the police believe or not, but they sure did ask folks who live along her regular walking routes if they saw her walking either the night, or the morning. And they did put up that mannequin in her walking gear. So what they believe, I do not know, but they have been asking plenty about walking.

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 09:29 PM
I thought they were from Sth Africa as Keyboredom has noted. But the skulls still make me wonder as to what kind of a culture he grew up in, if hunting was considered to be ok. It's just strange to have them so proudly displayed (at least to me it is).

If you noticed the personalised number plate on the father's car as they left Indooroopilly Police after Gerard Baden Clay's interview it says "BWANA" - (bwana [ˈbwɑːnə] n (in E Africa) a master, often used as a respectful form of address corresponding to sir).

In our culture, calling ourselves "sir" on our number plate would have us being called something beginning with W and rhyming with banker. But that might be a pointer of the type of culture he probably grew up in.

Sprinter
04-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if there are any old septic systems in the area, I presume most houses are connected to town sewage. Terrible thought, I know but a possibility.

Lets hope they find Allison soon for the children and family, certainly feel she won't be found alive now. I agree the mobile phone was most likely thrown away, unless she had it a pocket and it was overlooked by the perpetrator.

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 09:34 PM
So what they believe, I do not know, but they have been asking plenty about walking.

Initially they asked a lot of questions about her walking. I don't think you'll find any recent reference, from say the last 5 days, to the police wanting to confirm anyone saw Allison walking, and there has also been no mention of anyone actually having seeing her walking, at all... no one interviewed recently has been asked about a person walking, but plenty about when garbage bins were emptied etc.

Not wanting to fuel more speculation, or try to be an armchair expert, but the police are not looking for a missing walker.

Unduly_intrigued
04-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if there are any old septic systems in the area, I presume most houses are connected to town sewage. Terrible thought, I know but a possibility.

I've had that thought too. Nearly everyone in the vicinity is on septic systems

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi,

All the properties surrounding the rented property use septic systems (tanks) - as there is no town sewerage. I was told police had inspected all tanks, above and undergound - you'd hope so.

To add to worrying and 'out there' theories, there is the local cemetery on the corner of the same block, with recently excavated gravesite. The likelihood of a body being snuck in there probably belongs in mystery novels though - guess the police would have had a look around there - it's basically 200 metres from Allison's home.

DanInOz
04-29-2012, 10:32 PM
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/national/body-found-as-search-for-missing-woman-allison-baden-clay-enters-11th-day/story-e6frfku9-1226342631722

Body found :(

Cccclllaareb
04-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Yep just flashed on channel 10 too :-( poor Allison. I'm thinking of her parents and girls x

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Well, at least now she can be laid to rest. So sad for her family and daughters. Are we sure she was found this morning and not last night? Just strange all the movements late yesterday then the family vigil this morn. Or am I just being suspicious of everything now?

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Let's hope some physical evidence has remained. Those poor little girls.

Cccclllaareb
04-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Hmmmm. I think we'll soon find out!

Liadan
04-29-2012, 10:44 PM
now the real mystery begins.......

Raskolnikov
04-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Body found!

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 10:47 PM
OK found at the Mount Crosby Weir .. how far is that from the house?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/body-found-as-search-for-missing-woman-allison-baden-clay-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 10:51 PM
OK 21kms .. information, or did someone find her?

indogwetrust
04-29-2012, 10:51 PM
I just came through, past the showgrounds, saw police divers in wetsuits wet, guess this explains it.

All I can say is, finally, they've found her, finally.

Raskolnikov
04-29-2012, 10:52 PM
The river runs from Brookfield area past Mt Crosby I think.

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 10:52 PM
OK found at the Mount Crosby Weir .. how far is that from the house?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/body-found-as-search-for-missing-woman-allison-baden-clay-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Have seen Mt Crosby Weir and Colleges Crossing mentioned. Both about a 20 min drive from the Brookfield house. Mt Crosby Weir you need to pass very close to some houses - old turncock's residences. Colleges Crossing you still pass houses, but could conceivably drive past early morning and not be seen or raise much suspicion. Totally risky locations to remain hidden though, and I reckon a fairly safe bet someone will have seen a car.

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 10:54 PM
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/Mrs_G_Norris/Baden%20Clay/bodyfoundfromhouse.jpg

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 10:54 PM

Yeah, but Brookfield is way downstream. I don't think any sort of current would carry a body that far upstream. The person disposing of Alison probably started out upstream of the Mt Crosby area, in bushland areas somewhere.

Liadan
04-29-2012, 10:58 PM
press conference in 1 hr

indogwetrust
04-29-2012, 11:02 PM
this goes to what one of the 'elders' of the community said almost from day one - 'being so close to the river', this is what he believed from the beginning.

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Well, he's cactus now. There goes the accident while walking possibility he could have used if she was closer to the house. Wonder what the COD will be - hopefully they will still be able to draw a reliable conclusion. Poor woman, nobody deserves this, least of all her children and parents who obviously adored her. Sad.

Captainchrissie
04-29-2012, 11:06 PM

The poor girls ,so young to loose there mother

Liadan
04-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Full credit to the police and SES and all the volounteers who were out looking for this poor poor women! The way they carried out the search will needless bring new methods for other missing person cases -

Bennycat
04-29-2012, 11:08 PM
The weir is not far from my house at Karana Downs. The water there is quite clear. Reckon someone fishing there might have spotted her underwater because the Police efforts were pretty much concentrated to Brookfield area, though I did suggest they check out at Scout Camp at Karana Downs due to his scouting connections. I had only been thinking this morning that he must have driven out our way because when screams broke out in the hot zone, the first thing he would want to do is bundle her into the car and get the hell out of there. Hence liklihood of finding body in hot zone = very low. He would then arrive at intersection of Rafting Creek and Moggill Roads and logically would turn right towards isolated areas rather than left towards city and congested areas.

indogwetrust
04-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Am feeling quite sick about it. Her entire life extinguished, just like that. Her poor babies, this will stay with them forever.

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Cadaver dogs would have hit on the car by the way. Which may explain why the police launched such a huge effort right from the get-go. Knew if they didn't find her body in time the cause of death would be very difficult to determine, especially if she was suffocated.

indogwetrust
04-29-2012, 11:11 PM
The weir is not far from my house at Karana Downs. The water there is quite clear. Reckon someone fishing there might have spotted her underwater because the Police efforts were pretty much concentrated to Brookfield area, though I did suggest they check out at Scout Camp at Karana Downs due to his scouting connections. I had only been thinking this morning that he must have driven out our way because when screams broke out in the hot zone, the first thing he would want to do is bundle her into the car and get the hell out of there. Hence liklihood of finding body in hot zone = very low. He would then arrive at intersection of Rafting Creek and Moggill Roads and logically would turn right towards isolated areas rather than left towards city and congested areas.

Without revealing the identity of the 'elder' I referred to earlier in the post. What was frustrating was this person was born and bred here and had abundant local knowledge and experience in particular community services, yet the police did not avail themsleves of his expertise, not since the last time I spoke to him a couple of days ago. Frustrating and so disappointing.

I meant to add good point Rexo re: which direction someone would have turned from the intersection, makes so much sense!

BobSuruncle
04-29-2012, 11:15 PM
I feel really sad for Allison, her children, her parents and the extended family. Does anyone know if her children are at school today? They will not take it well at all.
The police, SES and all those volunteers who have scoured the area so minutely deserve so much praise for the work they have done, and for caring so much, no matter what the weather threw at them.
A question which will no doubt be answered soon - how did they decide to look over there? It is well away from the Hot zone and areas of interest.
Driving from Brookfield to Mt Crosby - hilly, dark and windy single-lane each way roads. Anyone who saw a car out there would not have taken much notice at night because they would be concentrating on the roads themselves.
Again, I am pleased she was found, but not happy she is deceased. She deserved so much better than that. Now that they have the body, they can determine cause of death - and then move on to catching the person who did this, and making sure they cannot get out of it with 'legal wriggling'.

alicat
04-29-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm out this way and I kept getting eerie feelings around Kholo Creek overpass. I know it probably sounds silly, but its the 'what if.' :(

I wrote this a few days ago and look, she's there... I wish I called the police.

This is freaking me out a little.

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 11:31 PM
I wrote this a few days ago and look, she's there... I wish I called the police.

This is freaking me out a little.

Pretty sure poor Allison has been found a long way upstream of Kholo Creek overpass? Does a tidal current run back up the river? If so I guess it's not inconceivable she could have ended up further upstream, but a body would not get past the weir heading upstream - so if she is on the catchment side that will most likely mean she has been left somewhere upstream - all the rain may have moved her further than the person expected to happen.

Just please let there be plenty of evidence with her.

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Here's a direct link for the press conference once it starts:

http://video.couriermail.com.au/2199538308/BadenClay-live-press-conference

indogwetrust
04-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Yes, evidence now is crucial. I guess it depends how panicked the person was, whether they were thinking enough to get rid of some of it. I hope they were a dumb thinker.

alicat
04-29-2012, 11:34 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/body-found-as-search-for-missing-woman-allison-baden-clay-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074 The picture is exactly where I was getting the 'eerie' feeling from.

crissyz
04-29-2012, 11:36 PM
OMG, so so sad :( :(

Finally we have closure, but I think deep down I was hoping they would find her alive :( So sad for those poor girls and her parents, friends & family.

Now the case can continue and hopefully soon justice will be made.

A few ppl on here commented mt crosby, and the post above. Wow.... trust your instincts!

Oh, i am devastated now that its all confirmed. What a tragedy :(

crissyz
04-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Oh, and well done to all search crew and police, what an effort they have made!

indogwetrust

Oh god, it's in front of the cemetery is it??

willough
I feel really sad for Allison, her children, her parents and the extended family. Does anyone know if her children are at school today? They will not take it well at all.
The police, SES and all those volunteers who have scoured the area so minutely deserve so much praise for the work they have done, and for caring so much, no matter what the weather threw at them.
A question which will no doubt be answered soon - how did they decide to look over there? It is well away from the Hot zone and areas of interest.
Driving from Brookfield to Mt Crosby - hilly, dark and windy single-lane each way roads. Anyone who saw a car out there would not have taken much notice at night because they would be concentrating on the roads themselves.
Again, I am pleased she was found, but not happy she is deceased. She deserved so much better than that. Now that they have the body, they can determine cause of death - and then move on to catching the person who did this, and making sure they cannot get out of it with 'legal wriggling'.

Absolutely mirror your thoughts Bob. I am so happy she has been found, but am so saddened this mom is deceased. Sad for her girls and her parents. Im sad someone did this to her. I feel praise for all involved in the search, with particular emphasis on the police recruits from the academy, as this is not something they would have ever expected to be involved in, as recruits. Sadly, excellent (if one can ever consider it that) experience for them....but I am sure, they are saddened, like all about her body being found.

Simply put, im mortified about what has happened to this mom (maybe because im a mum of around the same age) and hope the perpetrator is found. I feel within (obviously just opinion) that GBC hurt her and i hope he is caught soon......which sadly, will inflict a double blow on the daughters. But, you cant go killing your wife, just because you want tootsies with another piece of flesh. :-( SICK

truthseeker12
04-29-2012, 11:38 PM
I do remember your post alicat, very creepy.

I read that the roads have been cut off from Hawkesbury? Can anyone confirm this?

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Oh god, it's in front of the cemetery is it??

Seriously? Nice.

indogwetrust
04-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Seriously? Nice.

Have a look online now Mrs G, you can see the headstones in the b'ground.

alicat
04-29-2012, 11:39 PM
I do remember your post alicat, very creepy.

I read that the roads have been cut off from Hawkesbury? Can anyone confirm this?

Yep, closed from Hawkesbury Road to Tanderra Way.

Sprinter
04-29-2012, 11:40 PM
I wonder if they will be announcing an arrest. They have doggedly searched from the beginning and whatever it was that was noticed by the initial visit by police to the Baden Clay home on day one, without a body there is no proof of murder.

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Have a look online now Mrs G, you can see the headstones in the b'ground.

Lovely....

willough
04-29-2012, 11:41 PM

Yep, every now and then the reporter is talking. They had a crime reporter on a few minutes back.

PS : Thanks for that link....Im in Melbourne and none of the news channels are showing a thing or even mentioning her being found. All they are really talking about is the disability insurance scheme, which is great....But im more wanting to know about Allison right now. :-)

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 11:43 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/body-found-as-search-for-missing-woman-allison-baden-clay-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074 The picture is exactly where I was getting the 'eerie' feeling from.

You're right - and that's not Mt Crosby weir - it's Kholo Creek overpass exactly as you said. Which is also downstream from the Scout Camp mentioned.

Hopefully if she was dumped somewhere near here on the main road the person was in a hurry and stuffed up.

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Lovely....

It's directly opposite the police base though - so they might be staying out of their way until someone is ready to make the statement. Surely the police won't run a press conference with a graveyard backdrop.

GutFeeling!
Any locals know if there is a nursing home nearby? Her poor daughters, my heart goes out to them

Mrs G Norris
here they come ...

crissyz
I just read that they held a vigil for her this morning, and that G B-C did not attend.......

indogwetrust
04-29-2012, 11:47 PM
It's directly opposite the police base though - so they might be staying out of their way until someone is ready to make the statement. Surely the police won't run a press conference with a graveyard backdrop.

You'd think wouldn't you ... but they seem oblivious. Perhaps oh here we go

Keyboredom
nope they are doing it with the cemetery in the background :(

Mrs G Norris
11 am found. Canoeist found her. Female deceased on bank. Can't confirm 100%. Subject to recovery and confirmation.

alicat
04-29-2012, 11:48 PM
They went to his work? He went to work? Who could work at this point in their life?

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Family has been advised of location. Not positive confirmation. Treating it seriously may be her. Request for privacy of family.

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Water police, scientific officers and homicide. Search continuing in this area. Message to public Mt Crosby road closed. Use alternative road. Thanking community and the media.

alicat
04-29-2012, 11:53 PM
You're right - and that's not Mt Crosby weir - it's Kholo Creek overpass exactly as you said. Which is also downstream from the Scout Camp mentioned.

Hopefully if she was dumped somewhere near here on the main road the person was in a hurry and stuffed up.

I'll probably get interviewed because of these comments!

Keyboredom
04-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Any locals know if there is a nursing home nearby? Her poor daughters, my heart goes out to them

There's a nursing home up the road from both Allison's home and a different one about 5km away from where the body has been found.

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Respect both sides of family. No examination of body for trauma. Member of public found her while canoeing. Similar clothes. Baden-Clays have lived here for some time so most locals in this area would know place well. Area was not searched before. Once 2km radius completed it spreads out.

Commend SES, fire service, council and community.

Missing person case was ramped up for some time as a result of investigation and rose to level of a suspicious disappearance.....so they confirming in a backwards kind of way they've been treating it as a murder. Now unlawful homicide and have been looking at it at that level for awhile.

Do you have any persons of interest?

Basically yes, but still an open investigation. They should be aware there has been signifcant info come in and cannot comment if Gerard is a suspect.

Looking for people to come forward if they have seen anything late on the 19th or early on the 20th. If people drove through come forward.

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Asking for people to come forward if they saw either of the family cars in that area. Can't comment if the cars were returned at all.

Privacy for the family appeal again. Mother and Father have been there everyday and are devastated.

Thanks very much, once there is a confirmation more info...

willough
04-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Well there ya go..... <very sad face>

Clothing appeared similar to what she was wearing :-(

indogwetrust
04-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Play it back a few times - he said SO much by implication.

indogwetrust
04-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Oh come on, they could easily have angled the camera into the dressage/jumps area. It's a bit tasteless and badly done.

Mrs G Norris
04-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Play it back a few times - he said SO much by implication.

Agree especially about the way they ramped up the investigation and definitely hinted that one of the cars of more interest than the other. Want to see again to pick through. G B-C a definite suspect.

He basically said that the people who have been spoken to more than once are the ones they are interested in.

indogwetrust
04-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Agree especially about the way they ramped up the investigation and definitely hinted that one of the cars of more interest than the other. Want to see again to pick through. G B-C a definite suspect.

He basically said that the people who have been spoken to more than once are the ones they are interested in.

There's heaps in there to analyse, very revealing.

crissyz
04-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Just confirmed on the press conference, the body that was found has confirmed to be Allison's :(

willough
04-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Confirmed? I thought they said, either later on today or tomorrow...You sure hon?

indogwetrust
04-30-2012, 12:06 AM
It's just 'formal speak' Willough, they can't confirm until certain procedures are met. It's got to be Allison.

Keyboredom
04-30-2012, 12:07 AM
Asking for people to come forward if they saw either of the family cars in that area. Can't comment if the cars were returned at all.

That reporter asked if "the Prado was returned home at 11pm" (after he mistakenly called it a Pajero) - which the inspector said he know nothing about. Seems like the reporter heard a whisper someone thought they saw the Prado coming home to the Baden-Clay home at 11pm. Might be clutching at straws ...

willough
04-30-2012, 12:08 AM
It's just 'formal speak' Willough, they can't confirm until certain procedures are met. It's got to be Allison.

Gotcha...Thanks

Mrs G Norris
04-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Movement of vehicles info has come in from the public .. was the white pajero returned .. he can't comment news to him.

Sounds like someone did see his car that night.

alicat
04-30-2012, 12:09 AM
Just confirmed on the press conference, the body that was found has confirmed to be Allison's :(

I thought they said they couldn't confirm it but from what he was saying we can pretty much tell it is her. He said her family was very upset.

willough
04-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Movement of vehicles info has come in from the public .. was the white pajero returned .. he can't comment news to him.

The plot thickens...

Mrs G Norris
04-30-2012, 12:11 AM

That reporter asked if "the Prado was returned home at 11pm" (after he mistakenly called it a Pajero) - which the inspector said he know nothing about. Seems like the reporter heard a whisper someone thought they saw the Prado coming home to the Baden-Clay home at 11pm. Might be clutching at straws ...

Yes .. might well be a false rumour that one .. about the car being returned, but it does sound like the car may have been spotted and that was called in. Good.

Bennycat
04-30-2012, 12:15 AM
More info from locals - When she was reported missing, her car was not at home but was found on the Brookfield showground - about 2 minutes walk away. I know whom the mistress is but better keep the name to myself - lets just call her ReMax. Affair been going on for a couple of years, A found out last year. A & G were sleeping in seperate rooms. G has fresh scratch on face. She was engaged to a lovely man some years ago but parents did not approve as he was not a graduate - he has since gone on to have a successful diving career. I emailed crimestoppers on Saturday suggesting they check our the Karana Downs Scout Camp which is just behind Kholo Creek Crossing where she has been found by a canoist. Did not realise the family had lived in Karana Downs previously.

Mrs G Norris
04-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Well if he did this, he's now missed his opportunity to come forward and take police to the location of the body. Bad news for him. He didn't even have enough compassion or remorse to save police, the canoeist, her own family and her poor children from this awful outcome. Will not go down well at sentencing.

Mrs G Norris
04-30-2012, 12:18 AM
More info from locals - When she was reported missing, her car was not at home but was found on the Brookfield showground - about 2 minutes walk away. I know whom the mistress is but better keep the name to myself - lets just call her ReMax. Affair been going on for a couple of years, A found out last year. A & G were sleeping in seperate rooms. G has fresh scratch on face. She was engaged to a lovely man some years ago but parents did not approve as he was not a graduate - he has since gone on to have a successful diving career. I emailed crimestoppers on Saturday suggesting they check our the Karana Downs Scout Camp which is just behind Kholo Creek Crossing where she has been found by a canoist. Did not realise the family had lived in Karana Downs previously.

That is truly bizarre ..

indogwetrust
04-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Well if he did this, he's now missed his opportunity to come forward and take police to the location of the body. Bad news for him. He didn't even have enough compassion or remorse to save police, the canoeist, her own family and her poor children from this awful outcome. Will not go down well at sentencing.

But for whoever did this, with each passing day they probably gained a little more hope they would get away with it. If they were capable of doing this, they wouldn't be capable of fessing up I reckon.

crissyz
04-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Yes, the blonde reporter after the press conf had finished had received word saying that the body was hers. :( Have not seen any news article online to state this as yet.

Mrs G Norris
But for whoever did this, with each passing day they probably gained a little more hope they would get away with it. If they were capable of doing this, they wouldn't be capable of fessing up I reckon.

Psychopaths always shoot themselves in the foot. Almost as if they have an inbuilt self-destruct button.

Keyboredom
Yes .. might well be a false rumour that one .. about the car being returned, but it does sound like the car may have been spotted and that was called in. Good.

Not sure if that one is factual but I am sure someone has seen one or both of the cars leave and/or return because of some of the questions police asked. Sadly given they never went out to this area to search, it seems no one saw the car specifically at the location Allison was found, but knowing a car was out that night would be a start.

Hopefully DNA will be a further step toward police solving this.

marlywings
04-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Only just heard!! So sad. It's absolutely devastating news for her daughters & family, thoughts & prayers go out to them. Well done to all involved in the search, police, SES & residents of the area.

crissyz
04-30-2012, 12:27 AM
How funny, but as soon as i saw their photo, I had a feeling that they were sleeping in separate rooms, weird, but I don't know where that came from. I think from yesterday talking about abusive relationships and that he was not united with her family, it seems as though they were together for the sake of the children.

crissyz
04-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Unlawful homicide case now launched....

http://www.theage.com.au/queensland/police-launch-unlawful-homicide-investigation-after-womans-body-found-20120430-1xu2l.html

indogwetrust
04-30-2012, 12:32 AM
as ghoulish and voyeuristic as this may sound, I would have liked to be a fly on the wall to see what Gerard's reaction to the news was.

Keyboredom
04-30-2012, 12:32 AM
I emailed crimestoppers on Saturday suggesting they check our the Karana Downs Scout Camp which is just behind Kholo Creek Crossing where she has been found by a canoist.

I think a number of people told police about the Tyamolum scout camp last week, maybe drawing some conclusions when some of the information came out in news, but I don't think the search ever got anywhere near it. I think the issue with widening the search was as the inspector said they had to exhaust the 2 km radius rule first, and that hot zone obviously had them preoccupied. My hope is the 3 areas they had of interest all had to do with sighting of a car that can be identified.

It's maybe likely that bridge was just the first isolated area on the road the person encountered, because a body washing downstream would probably have gone out to the river as it would have a pretty wide discharge after rain. It would be better if the body has been found where it was left and not submerged and washed down the creek. Just hope the person has bled or left some clean DNA that hasn't been lost.

Terrible to talk about Allison as 'a body' because you just don't want to think this a little girls' mum we're discussing.

bikerchick
04-30-2012, 12:39 AM

Great info Rexo - Is Ms ReMax still working in Real Estate. I had a suspicion it was someone who left C21, but no longer in Real Estate.

Friend who lives in area told me both cars were in their garage this morning.

indogwetrust
04-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Great info Rexo - Is Ms ReMax still working in Real Estate. I had a suspicion it was someone who left C21, but no longer in Real Estate.

Friend who lives in area told me both cars were in their garage this morning.

Do you mean by 'both cars in their garage' Remax's? I'm confused. Does Remax still live in the area or nearby? I'm obviously out of the loop regarding who it is and I don't really want to know other than if they are on the 'list'?

Mrs G Norris
04-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Man, you have to feel sorry for ReMax too!! Can you imagine if the bloke you were having an affair with's wife disappeared under these circumstances? Horrifying!!

bikerchick
04-30-2012, 12:53 AM
Indog - no - clarifying my friend said that both Baden Clay cars were back in the family home garage. Nothing to do with Ms ReMax. Sorry for the confusion.

Bennycat
04-30-2012, 12:55 AM
Reference to ReMax is the "other woman" - but she is not a suspect. Yeah she still works in real estate quite close to my office actually, as is his. Just googled her and got quite a shock (she ain't worth doing twenty years for). Another interesting but unrelated fact, my husband runs a boating business and he found a lady in the river in September 2010. Not sinister like this - she was an Indian lady who had jumped off Jindalee bridge. Allison appears to have been located within about 100 metres of the last lady. By the way Alicat, you and I must both drive Mt Crosby Road to work and back each day, right over the Kholo crossing. She was so very close all that time.

marlywings
04-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Just looking at photos of the area where the poor woman was found, could she have been tossed off that bridge??

crissyz
04-30-2012, 01:00 AM
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/police-may-have-found-the-body-of-missing-brisbane-mother-allison-baden-clay/story-e6frg6nf-1226342663519

BrisbaneGirl
04-30-2012, 01:07 AM
When I first heard the whole thing was so suspect. I asked my husband if he would sit around and he said he would not sleep until he found me. Those poor dear girls, this is going to be horrendous for them, my heart goes out, Im surprised it took police so long to check all waterways in a 1 hour radius seeing they obviously have suspected for sometime the cars were used. What is the chances the husband didn't do it when you weigh up the chances someone else got to her at that time of night in a remote area at the opportune time. What could possibly be worth taking a mother away from her children? If it comes out he did it then what sort of creep hurts his own children like that. It is just sickening

alicat
04-30-2012, 01:09 AM
I think a number of people told police about the Tyamolum scout camp last week, maybe drawing some conclusions when some of the information came out in news, but I don't think the search ever got anywhere near it.

My husband went for a mountain bike ride up there on the weekend and I didn't know he was going there at the time, but I asked him if he saw anything suspicious. He said it looked as though someone had trekked through there but thought it may have been animals.

bikerchick
04-30-2012, 01:22 AM
My husband went for a mountain bike ride up there on the weekend and I didn't know he was going there at the time, but I asked him if he saw anything suspicious. He said it looked as though someone had trekked through there but thought it may have been animals.

Alicat, that might also be worth reporting to police.

I feel sick. Allison disappeared less than 2km from our old home in Kenmore Hills and is found 2km from our home in Moggill. I hope justice truly prevails.

bikerchick
04-30-2012, 01:40 AM
From Courier Mail Twitter Feed/Steele Tallon - police are preparing to winch the body out from underneath Kholo Creek bridge...

BrisbaneGirl
04-30-2012, 01:53 AM
I notice there is mention of disturbed tracks, do they think she was dragged or thrown off the bridge, the dragging through the bush would account for a scratch on the face and I would assume that carrying a body for a far way would cause sore ribs also, interesting the car crash at the bus stop. Also, he has grown facial hair and I remember reading book ( I think the author was John Douglass the founder of the behaviour Unit i the FBI)where it was quoted as growing facial hair was common amongst the guilty as they felt it would conceal facial expressions.

No tears for his wife, managed to hold it together on camera at a time you would be a complete mess. Having an affair! Massive argument and admits marriage problems! Scratch on face! Waited until 7.30am following day! Avoids media instead of pleading for help and using them to help find her? Out of character quietness! Hired a lawyer ( who would be thinking about that while you were fearing for your wife, unless you were not)
Car crash at bus stop, sore ribs and facial hair!!!
Were locals told not to search the area she was found or is it a remote area? I just don't understand why the police don't apply some pressure to see if he will crack, people have been suspects with far less circumstancial evidence in the past, I don't understand this?

Bennycat
04-30-2012, 01:54 AM
Deepest sympathy to Allison's gorgeous girls and to her parents.

Heaven
04-30-2012, 02:11 AM
I don't imagine she would have been thrown from the bridge. It's quite common to see a car parked near the bridge as some of the locals put crab pots or go fishing in the creek - so there must be a track leading down from the road.
Most likely scenario would be that the body has washed down during the recent rain from the scout camp or she has been taken down and hidden from view under the bridge.
Hidden from view in plain sight though, as a lot of us drive this road every day. I even quickly scanned along the banks of the creek as I was going over it the other day, but saw nothing and dismissed the area as being outside the search area.

revampz
04-30-2012, 02:11 AM
have just got on the puter and sad to see that they "may" have found her...another case of I bet my left leg that it will be her and that the husband is 100% responsible.

I was reading the sunday mail yesterday and the neighbours actually had heard screams about 10pm, one guy actually went out of his house to check it out.

I am thinking that obviously the marriage was at its end, he was having an affair, separate rooms etc a fight and he has gone too far and killed her.

Very sad for her little girls. She sounded like such a vivacious woman.

I know alot of people stay together for the children but sometimes you do wonder if it is actually the best thing to do when things get so strained (many of us have been in that position).

Keyboredom
04-30-2012, 02:22 AM
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/police-launch-unlawful-homicide-investigation-after-womans-body-found-20120430-1xu2l.html

"Premier Campbell Newman said the body’s discovery was sad news for Mrs Baden-Clay's friends and family." Interesting wording. Everyone with political nouse will distance themselves from any suspect now until someone is formally charged. Wonder what Bruce Flegg and Margaret DeWitt are thinking now.

indogwetrust
04-30-2012, 02:25 AM
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/police-launch-unlawful-homicide-investigation-after-womans-body-found-20120430-1xu2l.html

"Premier Campbell Newman said the body’s discovery was sad news for Mrs Baden-Clay's friends and family." Interesting wording. Everyone with political nouse will distance themselves from any suspect now until someone is formally charged. Wonder what Bruce Flegg and Margaret DeWitt are thinking now.

Which is why I couldn't figure out what Margaret de Wit was doing over at Gerard's place the other night 'lending support' to him and his family (??!). Why wasn't she supporting Mr and Mrs Dickie? Am assuming here that she wasn't as the camera crews got her at the Baden-Clays. She may have also paid them a visit but the publicity was as you would expect it regarding her giving her support to him.

Keyboredom
04-30-2012, 02:28 AM
Which is why I couldn't figure out what Margaret de Wit was doing over at Gerard's place the other night 'lending support' to him and his family (??!). Why wasn't she supporting Mr and Mrs Dickie? Am assuming here that she wasn't as the camera crews got her at the Baden-Clays. She may have also paid them a visit but the publicity was as you would expect it regarding her giving her support to him.

Any visit to a constituent's house is the closest thing to work Margaret De Wit has done in about 10 years ... sigh

indogwetrust
04-30-2012, 02:31 AM
Any visit to a constituent's house is the closest thing to work Margaret De Wit has done in about 10 years ... sigh

Oh dear yes, I have to agree with you. It really did seem quite strange though and close to politicial suicide given how badly this situation casts him. If the visit had been in the early days, sure, but only a day or so ago with everything we know so far??

Bennycat
04-30-2012, 02:32 AM
Is De Wit a South African too?

willough
04-30-2012, 02:36 AM
Oh dear yes, I have to agree with you. It really did seem quite strange though and close to politicial suicide given how badly this situation casts him. If the visit had been in the early days, sure, but only a day or so ago with everything we know so far??

Classic case of the libs looking after their own.....as someone mentioned earlier on. As if they would care about the Dickie's.....The Dickie's probably dont put cash in the coffers......Very Liberal Party behaviour I feel.

Keyboredom
04-30-2012, 02:36 AM

yeah totally agree ... but I think someone pointed out earlier Mr Baden-Clay is closely aligned with the LNP and a fairly prominent supporter. While others have raised questions, I think often diehard political supporters and/or church-goers tend to have trouble accepting one of their flock can do anything wrong. Unless evidence is found, people as vacuous as Flegg and De Witt will most likely be in denial.

indogwetrust
04-30-2012, 02:41 AM
yeah totally agree ... but I think someone pointed out earlier Mr Baden-Clay is closely aligned with the LNP and a fairly prominent supporter. While others have raised questions, I think often diehard political supporters and/or church-goers tend to have trouble accepting one of their flock can do anything wrong. Unless evidence is found, people as vacuous as Flegg and De Witt will most likely be in denial.

I just resent the blatant 'circling of wagons', especially when he didn't make any kind of heart felt plea (or feign an attempt), it was all about him. Yet the Dickies were out there from the beginning and have been at the showgrounds every day without fail.

Raskolnikov
04-30-2012, 02:41 AM

Perhaps Flegg et al think that if they are innocent then they might have secured some more donations and if they are guilty they will drop them like a ton of bricks and deny everything.

marlywings
04-30-2012, 02:42 AM
Is De Wit a South African too?

I'm not sure but I would have thought De Wit would be of Dutch origin??. Perhaps she's Dutch South African??

indogwetrust
04-30-2012, 02:42 AM
Perhaps Flegg et al think that if they are innocent then they might have secured some more donations and if they are guilty they will drop them like a ton of bricks and deny everything.

Cynical but spot on.

willough
04-30-2012, 02:45 AM
If I was a politician, I would never have met the man in private.....I'd be too concerned that the public would be wondering about "what we were discussing". I agree, they would have done better to meet with the Dickie's at the showgrounds.....I guess it was a bit hard to get with Gerard there, since he didnt care to be there.......Maybe because the Dickie's would clout him over the head with a brick.

mountainhigh
04-30-2012, 02:48 AM
for the record, the woman mentioned as REMAX and someone mentioned this poor woman's name! you have got the wrong woman! the lady mentioned is not the mistress! I know 100% who the person of interest is/was/still maybe because of a mutual friendship and the lady you mentioned in this post before is NOT her. Thought I would add to this because that is just terrible that this other poor unsuspecting woman's name had been mentioned in these circumstances!

Keyboredom
04-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Those poor parents - it's always said you should never survive your children - I'm sure by the time their little girl was in her 40's they thought life would finish normally. Sick to the stomach by the feelings for them and their 3 little grandkids and I hope when the person responsible is charged they are got at by other inmates and feel some pain too.

willough
04-30-2012, 02:53 AM
Those poor parents - it's always said you should never survive your children - I'm sure by the time their little girl was in her 40's they thought life would finish normally. Sick to the stomach by the feelings for them and their 3 little grandkids and I hope when the person responsible is charged they are got at by other inmates and feel some pain too.

Agree completely.....It's just not how it should be. We are never meant to outlive our kids. One can understand it a little (only a little) better when it's through sickness.....But this way...It's soooo shocking and sickening.

Keyboredom
04-30-2012, 02:53 AM
for the record, the woman mentioned as REMAX and someone mentioned this poor woman's name! you have got the wrong woman! the lady mentioned is not the mistress! I know 100% who the person of interest is/was/still maybe because of a mutual friendship and the lady you mentioned in this post before is NOT her. Thought I would add to this because that is just terrible that this other poor unsuspecting woman's name had been mentioned in these circumstances!

Was going to mention it is a very bad idea to quote names picked up from the Brookfield grapevine. Brookfield has some of the worst cases of 'chinese whispers' ever - always has!

willough
04-30-2012, 02:55 AM

When I saw that ladies name....First thing I thought, was 'what if that isnt her and people started calling her cell phone to irritate her'. I hope the person (poster) or admin of this site deletes her name. :-(

kiwijayne
04-30-2012, 02:58 AM
Well I just got home from work although we knew they had found her from checking the news sites.

RIP Allison and hugs your wee girls.

mountainhigh
04-30-2012, 02:58 AM
the screams heard at 10pm on the Thursday night 4km away seem a little odd now no?
if these screams were actually from Allison,,doesnt this throw potentially a random whacko into the mix now also? Or does it means she was simply potentially folllowed by GBC??
The above not relevant if they werent here screams of course..

willough
04-30-2012, 03:02 AM
the screams heard at 10pm on the Thursday night 4km away seem a little odd now no?
if these screams were actually from Allison,,doesnt this throw potentially a random whacko into the mix now also? Or does it means she was simply potentially folllowed by GBC??
The above not relevant if they werent here screams of course..

Some things are certainly weird. I dont know why, but I cant imagine why GBC would have dumped her near a "scout area", considering his scouting connections. But then I guess if he thought she would end up in the Brisbane River......then maybe he thought he would be home free. But somehow she got entangled in the creek bed and that ruined his intention.....Oooooh, I love being an armchair....even amateur at armchair, detective....lol

Keyboredom
04-30-2012, 03:06 AM
One thing interesting in the police statement was they have been treating this as an 'unlawful homicide investigation for quite some time'... given they haven't found anything previously (other than belongings yet to be confirmed as Allison's) and earlier in the piece they said they were confident she was still alive, hopefully that means they have deducted something in the meantime which will be backed up by clues from Allison's body.

indogwetrust
04-30-2012, 03:06 AM
I've tried really hard to refrain from directly pointing a finger at Gerard - always good to keep your mind open. But how, how could he be at work today??!

I guess it's justified under the banner of 'getting back to normal', something his sister wanted them to do days ago.

At work ... business as usual??

Raskolnikov
04-30-2012, 03:16 AM

The Person mentioned did also work for Century 21 until last year. But if you know it's not her then you are right it is terrible for her her if she has been mistakingly linked.

mountainhigh
04-30-2012, 03:18 AM
If he is guilty of this burn in hell basicallly and things probably arent looking good for him, but fair suck of the sav about him 'being back at work' comments! I am quite certain he wasnt back at work in a 'normal' capacity guys! i am sure he didn't wisk in with a big smile on his face and ask everybody how their weekend was before he grabbed his morning coffee and piece of raisin toast! He does own the business afterall and he does have staff that he probably had to address and is ultimately responsible for paying each week so they can meet their own financial responsibilities. I am sure he was there for just an hour or so giving them a debrief about their future with his firm or lack of future more to the point. I think they are owed that much at least..

marlywings
04-30-2012, 03:18 AM
One report I went back & read from last Monday states,

They confirmed that Gerard Baden-Clay, the husband of the missing woman and the father of her three girls, was a person of interest in the investigation along with a number of people close to the couple.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/police-step-up-search-for-mother-of-three-allison-baden-clay-missing-in-brookfield/story-e6freoof-1226335681703

Then as we all know, later on in the week police stated Gerard wasn't a person of interest. That leaves "a number of people close to the couple" as possible persons of interest??

willough
04-30-2012, 03:21 AM
I've tried really hard to refrain from directly pointing a finger at Gerard - always good to keep your mind open. But how, how could he be at work today??!

I guess it's justified under the banner of 'getting back to normal', something his sister wanted them to do days ago.

At work ... business as usual??

Yep (agree about the work).... I may be wrong and i'm purely speculating. But it doesnt seem like the Dickie's have been seen with their grand daughters either. I understand that the children should be left out of the limelight etc.....But if my daughter was missing, i'd really want to see her girls..If I felt Gerard killed my daughter, I wouldnt want him near my grandies......Such a stressful time.

I cant help but wonder if its possible that someone planted Allison, near the scouts area, to make it appear that it was Gerard. Cant wait to hear more from those in the know......this is just so insane.

marlywings
04-30-2012, 03:24 AM
If I remember correctly I think it was mentioned in yesterday's news the daughters were dropped off to Allison's parents at a park while Gerard had the visit with police.

bikerchick
04-30-2012, 03:26 AM
I believe he went to his office for an hour today. Don't think it was regular "work" or business as usual

willough
04-30-2012, 03:26 AM
If I remember correctly I think it was mentioned in yesterday's news the daughters were dropped off to Allison's parents at a park while Gerard had the visit with police.

Thanks for that.....Sorry, i'm in Melbourne and lets just say, their isnt much air time here about it....I am so pleased the kids are getting to spend time with the Dickie's.

mountainhigh
04-30-2012, 03:29 AM
Willough - Agreed! You would just want to grab those 3 little girls of your daughters and hug them and not let them go. I guess being the father he still has right of way...for the time being.
But to answer your query, in last nights news report they stated that GBC and his father (isn't he a strange one too) dropped the 3 girls off to Allisons parents at a park somewhere..while he was at indooro police station i believe..

Oh yes as for the politicians visiting GBC and family...bad taste given what info was floating around. Just don't think its their job to do this. surely his $5,000 donation or whatever minimal amount it may have been doesn't justify a visit under these cloudy circumstances..

marlywings
04-30-2012, 03:29 AM
He later dropped his three daughters off at a Kenmore park with their grandparents, Geoff and Priscilla Dickie, before driving with his parents to meet with police at 12.45pm

mountainhigh
04-30-2012, 03:38 AM
Yes I Def know its not this woman, but really even if it was this lady or even the correct person its a bit harsh mentioning a name. having an affair is one thing but to be mentioned in forums such as this under these circumstances is taking things a bit far I would have thought. A bit of sensitivity I would think is necessary.

Raskolnikov
04-30-2012, 03:39 AM
Willough - Agreed! You would just want to grab those 3 little girls of your daughters and hug them and not let them go. I guess being the father he still has right of way...for the time being.
But to answer your query, in last nights news report they stated that GBC and his father (isn't he a strange one too) dropped the 3 girls off to Allisons parents at a park somewhere..while he was at indooro police station i believe..

Oh yes as for the politicians visiting GBC and family...bad taste given what info was floating around. Just don't think its their job to do this. surely his $5,000 donation or whatever minimal amount it may have been doesn't justify a visit under these cloudy circumstances..

I'm sure if the husband is charged they will spin it and say they were to support the children and tell Gerald to tell the police all he knows. Yes, cynical again but it's hard not to be with pollies.

indogwetrust
04-30-2012, 03:53 AM
I'm sure if the husband is charged they will spin it and say they were to support the children and tell Gerald to tell the police all he knows. Yes, cynical again but it's hard not to be with pollies.

Totally agreed, it was in bad taste. Politics - no place for it in the present circumstances. Look like opportunistic vultures.

Also something in poor taste - last week, think it was thurs, C21 put a brand spanking new add on t.v just before the 5pm news on Ch 10.

It looked like they were trying to capitalise on the publicity. They could easily have pulled the add. It was so inappropriate. I rang them in protest - no apologies just excuses about the ad being pre-programmed. Pull the other one. Haven't seen the ad since.

mountainhigh
04-30-2012, 03:56 AM

if he is charged then if I know pollies like I know pollies they will go to ground and you won't hear a thing from any of them "no comment on this thank you, let the judicial system do its job"
same old rubbish basicallly....
an utter insult to A's parents that they visited GBC and family in the first instance. Surely these people don't have their heads that much in the sand that they couldnt see that there was a decent amount of speculation mounting and circling his 'story'
They should have been down at the showgrounds visiting A's parents and family.

alicat
04-30-2012, 03:56 AM
Were locals told not to search the area she was found or is it a remote area? I just don't understand why the police don't apply some pressure to see if he will crack, people have been suspects with far less circumstancial evidence in the past, I don't understand this?

Nope, we weren't told to look. It's not a remote area. It's quite a busy road and I travel over it most days - it leads towards Moggill Road. It actually flooded in Jan 2011 and went up to 18 metres. (a boat was needed to cross it)

Perhaps he did have the body in a different situation but with all the water we had the late last week it moved.

I was going to have a look at this area this morning but I had my four year old in the car and couldn't leave her up there.

crissyz
04-30-2012, 03:58 AM
Finally got a chance to sit and listen to the press conference....

I love how he goes on about how her parents were there, day in, day out. Good on you constable! :) Good for acknowledging that.

Def keeping a few things close without giving too much info.... of course by saying "Can't comment" - obviously Gerard is a suspect. I think they are close to cracking it IMO

angel1
04-30-2012, 05:03 AM
I'm not going to speculate because i wasn't there and also on the QLD police facebook page they are deleting posts and banning people from the page because of their comments. But in the news report i just read i'm starting to think that her husband may not have been involved.As Supt Ainsworth said he could not comment on whether Mr Baden-Clay was a suspect, and said "numerous" people of interest had been interviewed. If numerous people of interest have been interviewed i would say something big happened. I put what i thought may have happened on the police page and my comment got deleted. All i said was that they probably had a fight and she took off and probably got picked up by someone. I know when my ex and i argued i would take off sometimes for a few days.

Couldbe
04-30-2012, 05:04 AM

I love how he goes on about how her parents were there, day in, day out. Good on you constable! :) Good for acknowledging that.

Def keeping a few things close without giving too much info.... of course by saying "Can't comment" - obviously Gerard is a suspect. I think they are close to cracking it IMO

If it was was Gerard who actually did this (assuming that he didn't employ someone to do it for him), it gives one the absolute creeps......to think that a son from such a 'normal/nice' family could actually kill Allison, and then handle her body and dump her where he hoped that she wouldn't be found....to save his own skin. Hard to imagine that we would all be capable of doing this.....to save our own selves from going to jail. IF he was involved, then he may have asked someone else to do it for him!

Couldbe
04-30-2012, 05:13 AM

If it was Gerard who actually did this, it gives one the absolute creeps......to think that a son from such a 'normal/nice' family could actually kill Allison, and then handle her body and dump her where he hoped that she wouldn't be found....to save his own skin.
Very difficult to imagine that we would all be capable of doing this.....to save our own selves from going to jail. IF he was involved, then it may be that he requested someone else to do it for him, thereby feeling like he would be 'keeping his hands clean'.

alicat
04-30-2012, 05:16 AM
Give it a day, two at max and I think we will know.

1) He'll confess, or
2) They'll nab him and I think he'll say it was an accident and he didn't know what to do and panicked.

willough
04-30-2012, 05:16 AM
If it was was Gerard who actually did this (assuming that he didn't employ someone to do it for him), it gives one the absolute creeps......to think that a son from such a 'normal/nice' family could actually kill Allison, and then handle her body and dump her where he hoped that she wouldn't be found....to save his own skin. Hard to imagine that we would all be capable of doing this.....to save our own selves from going to jail. IF he was involved, then he may have asked someone else to do it for him!

"Normal/Nice?" To be honest.....If I had a daughter in law that was missing....I could not imagine myself having a tongue kiss with my husband in front of the cameras as though I was in some teenage heartthrob movie. Almost showing the world, "business as usual" is going on.

To me that shows highly abnormal people......and not nice to do in lieu of what is going on....Uncaring and immature.

Couldbe
04-30-2012, 05:22 AM
Sorry a glitch at the time of submitting my post must have caused two posts.

I think that everyone who saw the Parents kissing like that were shocked..couldn't help thinking that they must have had 'a drink or two'.

Keyboredom
04-30-2012, 05:25 AM
If it was Gerard who actually did this, it gives one the absolute creeps......to think that a son from such a 'normal/nice' family could actually kill Allison, and then handle her body and dump her where he hoped that she wouldn't be found....to save his own skin.
Very difficult to imagine that we would all be capable of doing this.....to save our own selves from going to jail. IF he was involved, then it may be that he requested someone else to do it for him, thereby feeling like he would be 'keeping his hands clean'.
That's one of the strangest theories mentioned so far. Who would arrange a murder and have the body dumped down the road from their house and leave such a mess behind with himself being the last person to see her? I think the facts will put an end to any speculation this was a complicated or planned event.

Ps but I agree, I'll have nightmares about the granny kiss for months

willough
04-30-2012, 05:25 AM
Sorry a glitch at the time of submitting my post must have caused two posts.

I think that everyone who saw the Parents kissing like that were shocked..couldn't help thinking that they must have had 'a drink or two'.

lol...Any longer and we may have had a bonnet display....(joking)

willough
04-30-2012, 05:31 AM
I wanted to write yesterday that I would have nightmares about that kiss too. But I stopped short at posting concerned that people would think I was against 'oldies having a pash'.....I dont mind anyone having a pash.....but that sort of display is left for private....and the older one is, the more they should understand that....so they should have known better...lol

alicat
04-30-2012, 05:43 AM
Detectives are appealing for anyone who lives near the Tyamolum Scout Camp, Kholo Creek Bridge, Mt Crosby Road or Bunya Street, Anstead to contact police if they saw or heard anything between 8.00pm Thursday April 19 and 7.30am Friday April 20.

They are now asking for info from 8pm.

Bobbie Elliott
04-30-2012, 05:45 AM
"Normal/Nice?" To be honest.....If I had a daughter in law that was missing....I could not imagine myself having a tongue kiss with my husband in front of the cameras as though I was in some teenage heartthrob movie. Almost showing the world, "business as usual" is going on.

To me that shows highly abnormal people......and not nice to do in lieu of what is going on....Uncaring and immature.

I agree - the exibitionist tonguie (sp?) was really odd and inapropriate.

It's very unusual for a mature couple who have been sharing a bed for over 40 yrs to be so uncontrollably aroused that they must have a virtually public tonguie.

crissyz
04-30-2012, 05:46 AM
What are your thoughts on where the body was horribly 'dumped' ? Do you think that perhaps it has travelled down the river, or left at Mt Crosby/Anstead?

I just can't believe that she would have gone out for a walk after 10pm (after watching the footy show)... surely he would have known she didn't come to bed after the show finished..... Unless they did have a fight, she left upset, and possibly someone has abducted her?

I think know with the body having been found, the police can focus purely on the investigation.

Uh, just makes me feel sick. I can't imagine what her parents must be going through right now, my heart is aching for them :(

kiwijayne
04-30-2012, 05:47 AM
Detectives are appealing for anyone who lives near the Tyamolum Scout Camp, Kholo Creek Bridge, Mt Crosby Road or Bunya Street, Anstead to contact police if they saw or heard anything between 8.00pm Thursday April 19 and 7.30am Friday April 20.

They are now asking for info from 8pm.

They where asking for sightings of the cars from 8pm the other day so that is not a new thing.

Keyboredom
04-30-2012, 05:50 AM
I wanted to write yesterday that I would have nightmares about that kiss too. But I stopped short at posting concerned that people would think I was against 'oldies having a pash'.....I dont mind anyone having a pash.....but that sort of display is left for private....and the older one is, the more they should understand that....so they should have known better...lol

Yeah we need oldies to enjoy themselves, but in the situation, with tv cameras there, that was an insight into the family no one wanted. It really was pretty stupid, giving any sort of indication the family is maybe not quite normal. Plus there's a pash and there's the same tongue action cockatoos use to open sunflower seeds. not trying to make light of this awful tragedy, all our thoughts should be with her little girls. Worrying they are staying in that environment, really.

Liadan
04-30-2012, 05:52 AM
If we thought the police were crossing their t's and dotting their I's before this body was found - then I think we are going to have a bit of wait while they get everything in order before they present any information to the public. And let us hope that this case is as watertight too!

The emotion and stress of this case was all to apparent on

Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth face today. ( He was the one that did the earlier press conference today.) He was incredibly respectful to the families and was really not trying to play the community as the fool. It was really heartfelt - and really there was nothing to be gained by watching or hearing the Dickies grief (let them grieve privately for sure) and honestly the other members of the family have been enjoying providing a spectacle for reporters so it seriously better to ignore them!!!!!

marlywings
04-30-2012, 06:00 AM
What are your thoughts on where the body was horribly 'dumped' ? Do you think that perhaps it has travelled down the river, or left at Mt Crosby/Anstead?

When I saw one of the pics of underneath that bridge my first thought was she'd been thrown over. Wasn't it mentioned she was found on the bank??

As for that yuck kiss, I think it was a full on "let's give them something to talk about" as they knew the cameras were focused straight at them.

crissyz
04-30-2012, 06:00 AM
Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth face today. ( He was the one that did the earlier press conference today.) He was incredibly respectful to the families and was really not trying to play the community as the fool. It was really heartfelt - and really there was nothing to be gained by watching or hearing the Dickies grief (let them grieve privately for sure) and honestly the other members of the family have been enjoying providing a spectacle for reporters so it seriously better to ignore them!!!!!

Have to say, I agree completely. I picked up a very respectful vibe from him and thought that he was the right person to be representing this family. I think he would provide good support for the Dickies while they have been waiting for some good news at the showgrounds, which unfortunately, never came :(

crissyz
04-30-2012, 06:02 AM
Marlywings, I got the exact same feeling, that she was thrown over :(
With all the rain, its possible that the body has washed up on the bank....

Mrs G Norris
04-30-2012, 06:12 AM
Not to harp on about the kiss .. WHICH WAS FREAKIN' WEIRD LET'S FACE IT!! But this case just reminds me of how people THINK that just because people are of a certain demographic - ie conservative, middle class, leafy suburbed etc that they are also 'nice'. This is a total fallacy.

You know the old adage .. Never judge a book .. I've always thought that the weirdest things go on in the houses where the people are ticking all the 'nice' boxes.

Call it reverse snobbery or what you will. And give me the slightly 'openly darker' working classes any day.

BrisbaneGirl
04-30-2012, 06:15 AM
I agree with a lot of posts here regardig his parents ridiculous kiss, seriously, their daughter in law was missing, their grand kids are distraught, her parents are besides themselves and their respose to this horrible situation is to put on some vulgar out of place display of affection with weird smiles in tow for the benefit of who? All it did was make them look like callous people who are more concerned about their own privacy being compromised that the fact that their own daughter in law has been at that stage missing for a week. Some people have suggested this is strange behaviour, I actually find it to be thoughtless and disrespectful, I guarantee Allison's parents at no stage were in any mood for that kind of behaviour with the life of their daughter hanging in the balance and lost. Absolute disgrace and only entertains my theory that this family will do what they want and have no concern for others. If he is convicted I hope Allison's parents end up with the girls as they will need all the proper and appropriate love and support they can get, I doubt pashing grannies will help them feel any better about losing their mother!!

alicat
04-30-2012, 06:18 AM
They where asking for sightings of the cars from 8pm the other day so that is not a new thing.

Oh I must have missed this unfortunately.

I passed Kholo Creek at around that time. My husband thinks my psychic ability is because I saw something there, but I don't recall anything.

crissyz
04-30-2012, 06:21 AM
Well said BrisbaneGirl!!

There is a time and place for everything, if they needed to kiss that badly, do it behind closed doors. But like you say, who would feel the need for it in a time like this. Hug and hold each other, yes, but who needs that sort of behaviour, especially in front of the media. Its just not appropriate, and very tasteless, very very poor.
Goes to show you though, what sort of son they have raised. Very disrespectful and selfish.

willough
04-30-2012, 06:22 AM
I agree with a lot of posts here regardig his parents ridiculous kiss, seriously, their daughter in law was missing, their grand kids are distraught, her parents are besides themselves and their respose to this horrible situation is to put on some vulgar out of place display of affection with weird smiles in tow for the benefit of who? All it did was make them look like callous people who are more concerned about their own privacy being compromised that the fact that their own daughter in law has been at that stage missing for a week. Some people have suggested this is strange behaviour, I actually find it to be thoughtless and disrespectful, I guarantee Allison's parents at no stage were in any mood for that kind of behaviour with the life of their daughter hanging in the balance and lost. Absolute disgrace and only entertains my theory that this family will do what they want and have no concern for others. If he is convicted I hope Allison's parents end up with the girls as they will need all the proper and appropriate love and support they can get, I doubt pashing grannies will help them feel any better about losing their mother!!

That post my dear is called.....Hitting the nail on the head!!!!

crissyz
04-30-2012, 06:22 AM
Oh I must have missed this unfortunately.

I passed Kholo Creek at around that time. My husband thinks my psychic ability is because I saw something there, but I don't recall anything.

Here ya go.... http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/30/update-unknown-womans-body-anstead/

SKMA
04-30-2012, 06:24 AM
on the QLD police facebook page they are deleting posts and banning people from the page because of their comments.

Have the police been deleting posts and banning people from their facebook page from day 1 in this case or have they just started? If they have just started, perhaps they are preparing to charge somebody and any comments they display on their facebook page may soon be sub judice and could be seen to influence the trial.

It's so weird that (a) someone in this forum nailed the spot (you spooky thing, Alicat, if I ever go missing I want you on the case) and (b) a Scout camp might be involved for crying out loud. If it's implicated as a crime scene either Mr Baden-Clay is being deliberately fitted up or he is giving his esteemed heritage one hell of a slap in the face. Maybe he could never quite live up to their idea of what a Baden-Powell/Clay man should be.

Liadan
04-30-2012, 06:29 AM
Mrs Norris - unfortunately this type of crime is endemic to all classes and cultures.
"Call it reverse snobbery or what you will. And give me the slightly 'openly darker' working classes any day. "

But these crimes will never stop those that think they are above the law or take the law into their own hands.

crissyz
04-30-2012, 06:30 AM
I think from what I have seen, they were removing posts from the beginning.

marlywings
04-30-2012, 06:30 AM
Goes to show you though, what sort of son they have raised. Very disrespectful and selfish.

Yes I agree, when I first read he'd gone & hired a criminal lawyer on the very day he reported Allison missing I thought how weird. If one has done nothing wrong & has nothing to hide one doesn't need to be worrying about hiring a lawyer. All his thoughts & actions should have been focused on his missing wife. Instead, he was focused on looking after himself.

alicat
04-30-2012, 06:32 AM
They always remove things from facebook, not just this case. I think it's because no-one has been charged and they want everyone to respect the family. (Allison's family etc)

crissyz
04-30-2012, 06:45 AM
Just reading some of the posts on facebook, the latest I read from a friend/family member, sounds as if their hinting all their love and support to her side of the family only and almost hinting that they think the husband has done it.

alicat
04-30-2012, 07:03 AM
I would be very surprised if he didn't do it or wasn't involved somehow.

crissyz
04-30-2012, 07:09 AM
I just don't know how someone can do that to someone they love, if he did it of course.
Will be interested to see how this plays out.

Raskolnikov
04-30-2012, 07:13 AM
If it was him I wonder if there were instances in his past where he has lost his temper quite suddenly and of course in a frightening way. If he did lash out then there were probably other instances maybe?

Mrs G Norris
04-30-2012, 07:20 AM
Mrs Norris - unfortunately this type of crime is endemic to all classes and cultures.
"Call it reverse snobbery or what you will. And give me the slightly 'openly darker' working classes any day. "

But these crimes will never stop those that think they are above the law or take the law into their own hands.

Oh I agree, I was more referring to the shock some are expressing that it happened in a middle class family. No demographic is immune.

alicat
04-30-2012, 07:31 AM
Oh I agree, I was more referring to the shock some are expressing that it happened in a middle class family. No demographic is immune.

Do you remember the High Society Murders in Melbourne? It's true, it can happen to anyone unfortunately.

possumheart
04-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Had heard he had an AVO out on him starting three months ago.

nursebeeme
04-30-2012, 09:34 AM
peeps: please do not discuss people not officially connected to the case (specifically referring to the woman's name that was posted).. thanks everyone

mimi2456
04-30-2012, 09:37 AM
At the risk of upsetting everyone's resolve about this case i will act as devil's advocate once again....*
You know it would be terrible if my partner went missing without trace right now because....
A) I'm covered in scratches and bites and a hurt foot from boating on the weekend.
B) we have some neighbors that like to have loud domestic fights and a lot of dogs that bark.
C) if he went missing I would be so beside myself I would have to be heavily sedated which might impair my ability to drive let alone my effectiveness as a searcher (even though people might think I'm stoic)
D) as partners are generally the first suspect and considering many friends and family have personal insight that might throw some questionable light upon me which is no different to many relationships (this is hypothetical) I *hired a lawyer to advise me as to the most appropriate actions .

I WOULD BE NUMBER ONE SUSPECT AND THE SUBJECT OF PURE CONJECTURE BY THE PUBLIC AND IN THIS FORUM.

I'm the first to think how little we know and relate it to a Mel gibson 'conspiracy theory' kind of scenario. We only know what 'they' allow us to know. *Firstly, we only know what evidence the police have, if any, thence what evidence the police are allowed to reveal without risk of being sued for defamation if deemed erroneous or possibly affect a trial. *Secondly the media get hold of this limited, selective information, sieve through it and present it in a way that suits the reporter, the story editor but most influentially the station being represented which only decides on how a report is presented on the basis of ratings or political and/or economic interests. *So considering the talk about political involvement, which is highly unusual, we' re getting into what I call the 'Dan brown' scenario. Who's read 'the lost symbol' or seen 'the skulls'? *

This case is so obscure and I don't know if I think that just because I knew those involved...probably. *But I'm glad she's been found, if it is confirmed to be her. *Not sure who else has been reported missing lately in similar clothing.

I just like to rely on a judicial system which is based on ones innocence until proven guilty. *Am I wrong?

nursebeeme
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
hi mimi! just jumping off your post to say that your opinion is just as welcome as any other opinion. That is how we work here at websleuths. (and welcome to websleuths to you and all other newcomers :cheer:)

ozazure
04-30-2012, 09:49 AM
not wrong Mimi but people can speculate on the facts as presented and statistically, intimate partner homicide is the best bet. had she disappeared on her way home from shopping for example rather than him reporting her missing after a large period of time with no alibi for his movement during that time, i personally would want to know more to form an opinion. that fact alone, character references irrelevant, him not searching irrelevant to my opinion, car crash interesting as an aside, the bare bones of this story speak loudly to me, and most.

bearbear
04-30-2012, 10:27 AM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/hope-turns-to-heartbreak-for-allison-baden-clays-family-after-body-found-at-kholo-creek/story-e6freoof-1226343136675

Baden-Clay homicide investigation

Police strongly suspect the body found at Kholo Creek this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating it as a ...
Play

The Courier-Mail

THE elements that finally gave up the location of Allison Baden-Clay will now act as vital clues in solving her murder.

The search for the missing mother-of-three ended yesterday at 11am when a canoeist discovered a woman's body on the bed of Kholo Creek, not far from where it joins the Brisbane River at Anstead in the city's west.

That officially began the hunt for Mrs Baden-Clay's killer.

The Courier-Mail understands the body had no visual signs of foul play but police are treating the incident as a homicide.

The Courier-Mail also understands:

• The search for clues will take in a Scout camp upstream from where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found.

• Police are hopeful of finding her mobile phone after narrowing the location of the key missing item to an area spanning 150m.

<modsnip>

bearbear
04-30-2012, 10:37 AM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/hope-turns-to-heartbreak-for-allison-baden-clays-family-after-body-found-at-kholo-creek/story-e6freoof-1226343136675

Baden-Clay homicide investigation

Police strongly suspect the body found at Kholo Creek this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating it as a ...
Play

The Courier-Mail

THE elements that finally gave up the location of Allison Baden-Clay will now act as vital clues in solving her murder.

The search for the missing mother-of-three ended yesterday at 11am when a canoeist discovered a woman's body on the bed of Kholo Creek, not far from where it joins the Brisbane River at Anstead in the city's west.

That officially began the hunt for Mrs Baden-Clay's killer.

The Courier-Mail understands the body had no visual signs of foul play but police are treating the incident as a homicide.

The Courier-Mail also understands:

• The search for clues will take in a Scout camp upstream from where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found.

• Police are hopeful of finding her mobile phone after narrowing the location of the key missing item to an area spanning 150m.

so does this mean the police are saying they dont believe the husband last saw her at 10pm if they think the killer may have taken her at 8pm and who gave them specific info where her phone will be found now?

mimi2456
04-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Exactly what I thought. Yet again selected info revealed...

truthseeker12
04-30-2012, 11:45 AM
It's good to have a lawyer in the forum! It's good to see how criminal lawyers formulate a defence even though it's most likely bogus...I want to hire you as my defence if I ever think to commit a crime Mimi2456

I know your opinion is totally welcome here (it's an open forum), but I find it completely cold and premature. We are not sitting in a courtroom. Let's say he is guilty, the things you have put forward are what his legal team are going to concoct. Anyway I know that they are going to put the best public prosecutor on this case, because it is a high profile case. These prosecutors are just as clued in as the defence.

*I had this same convo with my 'defence lawyer' sister earlier she said something of a similar nature, in defence of the husband (even though she personally believes he did it). This is where I think criminal lawyers that defend murderers are morally bankrupt.

Lets just allow the police to do their job properly (they are being incredibly thorough) and hope that they get hard evidence that a defence team can't have throw out of the court.

Whoever did this to Ms Baden Clay, may they be brought to justice swiftly!

Keyboredom
04-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Mimi, good on you for pointing out the presumption of innocence till proven guilty. It's horrifying to think what has happened to an innocent man's reputation if he indeed had absolutely nothing to do with this suspected murder. The other issues affecting his reputation would have remained local gossip if this case wasn't so high profile.

If he has been honest with detectives all along, he should be fine. Although it does seem they are indicating his statement re having seen his wife at 10pm (if that is really what his statement was) may be in doubt now they have specifically mentioned Allison could have been placed in that area as early as 8pm. Adding that to some irregularities pointed out, the clear indication the family cars are of interest for some reason apparently well known to police, he definitely seems to have some issues he'll need to address.

If what people have assumed is correct, and you are connected with the legal defence around this case, I'm guessing you won't have time for web forums in the next 48 hours or so. Otherwise like you, I'll be watching on hoping for a miracle for Allison's 3 little girls, because the impact of what might have happened is too distressing to contemplate. Nothing is going to bring back their mummy now, but justice getting to whoever is responsible would be a very positive development.

At least yours is some balancing opinion/commentary on the case, whatever everyone thinks of your motives.

itsthevibe
04-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah we need oldies to enjoy themselves, but in the situation, with tv cameras there, that was an insight into the family no one wanted. It really was pretty stupid, giving any sort of indication the family is maybe not quite normal. Plus there's a pash and there's the same tongue action cockatoos use to open sunflower seeds. not trying to make light of this awful tragedy, all our thoughts should be with her little girls. Worrying they are staying in that environment, really.

Exactly and I can't see the point in them doing it - like they were overdoing it for some reason. I have no idea what motive they'd have, I see nothing that makes sense there.

And I agree, hate to think the girls are in that environment, the environment with the man who cheated on their mother for 2 years, who may have brutally murdered their mother, and the environment where the grandparents proudly display hunting trophies of beautiful animals on the wall in the entry foyer - yes in pride of place to show off their prowess in killing to all who enter! Lovely.

itsthevibe
04-30-2012, 01:43 PM
At the risk of upsetting everyone's resolve about this case i will act as devil's advocate once again....*
You know it would be terrible if my partner went missing without trace right now because....
A) I'm covered in scratches and bites and a hurt foot from boating on the weekend.
B) we have some neighbors that like to have loud domestic fights and a lot of dogs that bark.
C) if he went missing I would be so beside myself I would have to be heavily sedated which might impair my ability to drive let alone my effectiveness as a searcher (even though people might think I'm stoic)
D) as partners are generally the first suspect and considering many friends and family have personal insight that might throw some questionable light upon me which is no different to many relationships (this is hypothetical) I *hired a lawyer to advise me as to the most appropriate actions .

I WOULD BE NUMBER ONE SUSPECT AND THE SUBJECT OF PURE CONJECTURE BY THE PUBLIC AND IN THIS FORUM.

I'm the first to think how little we know and relate it to a Mel gibson 'conspiracy theory' kind of scenario. We only know what 'they' allow us to know. *Firstly, we only know what evidence the police have, if any, thence what evidence the police are allowed to reveal without risk of being sued for defamation if deemed erroneous or possibly affect a trial. *Secondly the media get hold of this limited, selective information, sieve through it and present it in a way that suits the reporter, the story editor but most influentially the station being represented which only decides on how a report is presented on the basis of ratings or political and/or economic interests. *So considering the talk about political involvement, which is highly unusual, we' re getting into what I call the 'Dan brown' scenario. Who's read 'the lost symbol' or seen 'the skulls'? *

This case is so obscure and I don't know if I think that just because I knew those involved...probably. *But I'm glad she's been found, if it is confirmed to be her. *Not sure who else has been reported missing lately in similar clothing.

I just like to rely on a judicial system which is based on ones innocence until proven guilty. *Am I wrong?

Yes of course, as others have said and Nursebeeme has pointed out - people with different views are welcome here. However I'm not going to laud this post because of that, because I honestly feel it's clutching at straws. I haven't been on this forum long, but I thought the whole point was to contribute in different ways to cases we either feel we can provide assistance to, or simply to have a forum to discuss our own views and thoughts as things unfold. We are not police or lawyers on the case. If we were just leaving it to them and only discussing those kind of options within the boundaries of the law then this forum would be largely redundant.

From my point of view, I had strongly negative intuitive feelings about Gerard Baden-Clay from the time I met him about 6 years ago, very bad vibes indeed. Whether that means he killed his wife is another issue - but let's face it mimi2456, there are holes in his story particularly about the time he said he last saw her and the time the police have asked people to consider in terms of the vehicles. We are not stupid - even taking into account some things which have not been reported or have been misreported. Things don't add up. As well, the guy has been having an affair for 2 years, that's a liar right there. Doesnt make him a murderer, I agree, but definitely not a nice guy who cared about his wife. If it isn't him, well maybe he needs to take a good look at himself and what sort of a husband he has been and what his wifes life was like in the 2 years before her death.

willough
04-30-2012, 03:26 PM
I agree itsthevibe. The moral fibre isn't there. So how can one deduce from his 'so called innocent word', whether or not he received said scratch from boating incident, slip of the shaver, or indeed from this incident. To expect his word to have any clout, given his affair, the appearance that him and the Dickie's dont seem connected and his parents being what I surmise as blatantly weird......is naive to me.

willough
04-30-2012, 03:49 PM
It's good to have a lawyer in the forum! It's good to see how criminal lawyers formulate a defence even though it's most likely bogus...I want to hire you as my defence if I ever think to commit a crime Mimi2456

I know your opinion is totally welcome here (it's an open forum), but I find it completely cold and premature. We are not sitting in a courtroom. Let's say he is guilty, the things you have put forward are what his legal team are going to concoct. Anyway I know that they are going to put the best public prosecutor on this case, because it is a high profile case. These prosecutors are just as clued in as the defence.

*I had this same convo with my 'defence lawyer' sister earlier she said something of a similar nature, in defence of the husband (even though she personally believes he did it). This is where I think criminal lawyers that defend murderers are morally bankrupt.

Lets just allow the police to do their job properly (they are being incredibly thorough) and hope that they get hard evidence that a defence team can't have throw out of the court.

Whoever did this to Ms Baden Clay, may they be brought to justice swiftly!

I feel the same about those that defend with the knowledge that said person they are defending did the crime. Particularly murderous cases.

Your last point is a point everyone here can surely agree on, no matter what our views are.....lets hope it isnt too long before they are bought to justice. For those in her family that loved her, who would never harm her absolutely need and deserve this. Justice!!!

Mrs G Norris
04-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Latest: http://www.news.com.au/national/horrific-end-hope-turns-to-heartbreak-as-search-for-killer-begins/story-e6frfkvr-1226343136055

* The search for clues will take in a Scout camp upstream from where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found.
* Police are hopeful of finding her mobile phone after narrowing the location of the key missing item to an area spanning 150m.
* Police believe the killer could have taken Mrs Baden-Clay's body to the area as early as 8pm on Thursday April 19.

'It is understood search crews were told the iPhone would be found in an area believed to be near the two neighbours and the Baden-Clay property itself.'

Sounds like they'll be able to find that phone .. good. Oh and the shifting of the timeframe to 'from 8pm' exposes GB-C's story as complete bunk in the eyes of the police and therefore the public .. oucheroo.

Raskolnikov
04-30-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm a bit confussed. The news reports say they are searching around the 'Tyamolum campsite is a few hundred metres upstream.' Looking at the map I thought this site was downstream from where the body was found at Kholo. Someone correct me please.

willough
04-30-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm a bit confussed. The news reports say they are searching around the 'Tyamolum campsite is a few hundred metres upstream.' Looking at the map I thought this site was downstream from where the body was found at Kholo. Someone correct me please.

On the map the site is upstream....She was found under the bridge at Mt Crosby Road I think. Which is just before Kholo Creek (near Little Ugly Creek) flows into the Brisbane River.

I apologise if I am wrong, but that is the impression I have got.

Juno64
04-30-2012, 07:08 PM

The body was found under the Mt Crosby Road overpass in Kholo Creek which is right at the mouth of the creek, where it meets the Brisbane River. The creek winds upstream from there around the scout camp. I used to live just a little further upstream from the camp backing onto the creek. It is not a large creek with alot of rocks and debris once you get away from the river. I would think even with the rain over the weekend it would be pretty unlikely that the body would wash any great distance without becoming snagged.