PDA

View Full Version : Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

alicat
05-01-2012, 09:09 AM
What's the access like from Flaggy Creek Road like?

itsthevibe
05-01-2012, 09:10 AM
I saw this on another site (I don't know if it's already been posted). Was written by someone else - After speaking to police officers who went to the Baden-clay house first, apparently, they noted that he had scratches down his face and chest

What other explanation could there be for scratches to that extent, on his chest for God's sake?

If that is true I find it very distressing - the thought of Allison fighting for her life, and what her last moments must have been like. That beautiful woman, the horror and desperation she must have felt. The idea of someone struggling to stop someone killing them and eventually realising they are being overpowered is heartwrenching.

This is a timely reminder of what we are all talking about here, the possible murder of a lovely woman, the mother of 3 children, a vibrant, talented woman who has now undergone a horrible death, and probably knowing she was going to die. Dear Allison, I hope you are at peace and already enjoy the serenity of angels because I know you didnt have that in the last years of your life.

nursebeeme
05-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Link to our terms of service:
Terms of Service Terms of Service - Long, Detailed Version - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

How to become verified as a local/insider
Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Link that discusses posting rumors (also sex offenders)
New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

***also: just a reminder: please do not post information that is taken from other forums. If you are posting information make sure to link (main stream media) to what you are posting as a fact

Thanks so much and welcome to all of our new members! :cheer:

indogwetrust
05-01-2012, 09:12 AM
If it's true the lawyer has engaged a barrister this is a very significant step. I think it could be pre-emptive, expecting the police to be knocking on the door sometime soon, so they want to be prepared.

There's just too much not adding up and the stuff that appears to add up doesn't look good for him.

It's true, if the person who did this was some random person the police would have to warn the community.

The day after they find Allison, if the info is right, the lawyer has sought the counsel of a barrister??

I know that I've stated a number of times that hiring a lawyer is not indicative of guilt, but a barrister is a whole other level.

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 09:13 AM
1) His sister jumped in to the first interview and was quick to point out Allison had depression.
2) Good point, no public warnings about a murderer on the loose killing innocent victims, that's because the police know he did it.
3) Maybe
4) The kids are probably with the creepy grandparents.
God I hope not, the creepy pashing granny gropers would be the last people you would choose in this devastating situation, but I fear you are correct, if they do that in the front garage in front of national media, imagine what they get up to at home in front of friends and family, hate to be on their BBQ list, yyyuucck

mayday
05-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Small problem with that his family came to Australia from South Africa. Not sure that he would have owned land here.

GBC was actually born in Bournemouth, Hants and this is where his parents were married. His siblings were born in Umtali, Rhodesia ( now known as Zimbabwe)

http://powys.org/pl_tree/ps41/ps41_177.html

They actually lived in Zimbabwe ( Rhodesia) before coming to Australia. Zimbabwe is part of Southern Africa and is not South Africa.

"Moved to Rhodesia in 1972 and emigrated to Australia in 1980."

http://www.greatnorthroad.org/names/read.php?id=2882

Bwana is a word from Swahili - a language used in mostly East Africa but also spoken in some parts of Zimbabwe. GBC father was born in Tanganyika ( East Africa) so I guess by using the word BWANA (meaning master) he is going back to his roots.
In most parts of Africa men who owned land and had workers working for them where adressed as BWANA as it was mostly "the master" that paid them.

Its amazing what you can find when you google for information.

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Interesting dig directed at GBC by couriermail, they have posted a photo of him walking donw george st in CBD today talking on his mobile phone with a very normal calm expression on his face. The caption at the bottom says "Gerard Baden-Clay walks down George Street in the CBD today. His lawyer issued a statement on his behalf saying his client "is devastated by the loss of his wife. '' Sure does not look devastated and the editor would have known very well what people would decifer from that.
I just put myself in this situation, I just found out my partner I married and have 3 kids to has been murdered and dumped, do I stay home and break down and support my childre or do I go for a stroll down george st to see my barrister and chat away on the mobile outside pieface. This guy is either guilty of murder or of being a cold callous unloving husband who doesnt care less his kids have lost their mother, either way, it is just bad bad bad

willough
05-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Sorry BrisbaneGirl.....I disagree. I feel he looks very withdrawn, pale and very red eyed in that photo.....Probably scared stiff and waiting for that moment, the police come and say..................................."GOTCHA GERARD"

Thinking
05-01-2012, 09:42 AM
I agree Willough - I think he looks terrible, almost unrecognisable in that photo. Has he lost heaps of weight since this all happened? He looks dreadful. Guilty or not, the stress of the last few weeks is showing.

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Probably still trying to catch up from the night he didnt get to bed after an exhausting night of bushwalking

willough
05-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Probably still trying to catch up from the night he didnt get to bed after an exhausting night of bushwalking

Too true.....One thing I do think, is he has deliberately grown that beard thing on his face. As it has grey in it, it makes him look aged....which to those around him would make it seem, the poor man is distraught....all this has aged him. Prior to this, no beard.......................and as someone mentioned way back in the thread, also supposedly hides facial impressions when one has hair on their face.......He needs a little bit more than facial bum fluff to put off us lil sleuthers....lol

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 09:50 AM
If you were facing 20 to life you would look withdrawn but seriously, the day you get confirmation your wife and mother of your 3 children has been murdered, would you be in any state to go for a walk down george street? Any street? When my beloved 12 year old rotty died, I couldnt leave home for 2 days and I cried non stop for over a day. When my son was upset I stayed by his side until he was OK, family would rally around and take care of everything, even lawyers make house calls. Of course he is under stress, if you were guilty in this day and age with forensics as they are you would be on a knifes edge as well. His mind would be playing havoc on him trying to wrok out what he missed, what he did wrog, already casting a story in case SOME evidence comes up, John Douglas ( author of MINDHUNTER ) states that a guilty person is under immense stress and it is easy to tell stress from grief. I think under the circumstances he looks remarkably calm for someone who has just lost his wife to murder ans who has 3 daughters who will be shattered.

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Too true.....One thing I do think, is he has deliberately grown that beard thing on his face. As it has grey in it, it makes him look aged....which to those around him would make it seem, the poor man is distraught....all this has aged him. Prior to this, no beard.......................and as someone mentioned way back in the thread, also supposedly hides facial impressions when one has hair on their face.......He needs a little bit more than facial bum fluff to put off us lil sleuthers....lol
Guilty people grow facial hair to conceal facial expressions, lots of them do it, its gives them a sense of cover, another tip I got from my fav author

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 09:53 AM
That was me way back about the facial expressions :-) Sorry to double up :-)

willough
05-01-2012, 09:56 AM
That was me way back about the facial expressions :-) Sorry to double up :-)

You're fine hon......I couldnt remember who had written it. I cant see any reason why we cant touch on the facial stuff again. She has now been found, murdered and after all, he is sporting a greying beard for all to see.... ;)

Bobbie Elliott
05-01-2012, 10:00 AM
I think that it's probably normal police practice to not divulge lots of their clues, strategy etc to the public (including the murderer). They also keep collecting as much evidence as possible to make their case stick. There's probably no such thing as enough evidence - unless you have a signed hand-written confession & the murder on video & several reliable eye-witnesses. And even then, a very cluey barrister could probably find a loophole.

There have been quite a few real-crime homicides which appear to have gone cold, yet the police are working tirelessly behind the scenes to solve them.
The first time you become aware of this is when an arrest is made - apparently out of the blue - often months or years later. Usually by this time, the public and the murderer think that the murderer has got away with it.

The case of Kiesha Abrahams is a very good example of this. The police appeared to have given up, and the accused were lulled into false sense of security. The police were even able to follow the murderers into the bush where they had left Kiesha's body.

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks Willough, I have been fixated on this since it started,I think sharing her first name and same spelling as well as having children the same age has shaken me, I just keep thinking of them and her parents breaking down, I have even let the dog sleep in the house since this happened and my husband has also been moved by this story. I look at my kids and I just ache for her 3 little ones and for her poor parents who will never be the same. If people can express their theories here it could provide some help somewhere, somehow after all, she deserves to have people fighting for her justice. I just get a bit carried away with this particular story and the active imagination is in overdrive.But it is the helplessness that draws people together and in one way or another, it is a form of expressing grief for what was lost, even if most of us did not kow her personally, it doesnt mean we don't care, I guess this is my way of saying she was important, she had a beautiful family ad I hope everyone keeps her case this active and alive so justice is done, people need to keep talking about it so the police don't stop until they have their man.

silver01
05-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Any info on the other woman, does or did she work with him?

Cccclllaareb
05-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks for correcting the spelling of Allison's name in the thread title

itsthevibe
05-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Can anyone confirm he did have scratches on his chest as well as face? (alicat posted that she got this from another site and I commented earlier on this page) It would be quite significant because 1 scratch on the face might be able to be explained away but multiple scratches including on the chest is a different matter.

tiff07
05-01-2012, 12:35 PM

Yes, for almost 8 years. In 2008 he made her a partner of the business. A photo of them looking very cosy together at work was published in 2009. The working relationship ceased 13 months ago.

tiff07
05-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Can anyone confirm he did have scratches on his chest as well as face? (alicat posted that she got this from another site and I commented earlier on this page) It would be quite significant because 1 scratch on the face might be able to be explained away but multiple scratches including on the chest is a different matter.

I believe it was a single scratch. There was also speculation about an avo (dvo in qld) on here. In qld you can reside with a partner and have an order similar to an avo in place in order to cohabitate under strained circumstances. Can't confirm if one was in place in this instance.

itsthevibe
05-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes, a single scratch on the face has been reported widely, but I was wondering if there is any truth to alicats info from another site saying it was also the chest - perhaps someone had some inside info?

HN man
05-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Yes, a single scratch on the face has been reported widely, but I was wondering if there is any truth to alicats info from another site saying it was also the chest - perhaps someone had some inside info?

It begs the question whether any DNA could still be traced under Allison's finger nails after 11 days exposure if she did scratch him in self defence. if so, certainly wouldn't help GBC's claim of innocence.

pugsandfrogs
05-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I read somewhere today that the police where given specific information about where to find Allison's mobile phone. I can't remember if it was the Courier Mail but the language used was very careful. Something like "directed to a location where they would find the mobile phone". Does anyone know by whom the police were directed by? Later that day GBC engages a Barister.
I have a feeling, his legal team are negotiating charges with the police. Remember Elisa Baker, LE knew it was her, and were getting close but not close enough for Murder 1, so her legal team negotiated Murder 2 in exchange for vital information about the whereabouts of Zahra's remains.

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Considering the circumstances (imminent business collapse, exit as head of Chamber of Commerce, rumours of affair, etc.) had ABC decided to take the children and leave ? After all, she was very accomplished, popular, well-regarded & respected and only 43 years old. She could have embarked on a new career now the children were in school and could have supported herself and her children - forged a new and happier life for them

Was she in the process of packing her own and children's belongings when a violent argument erupted? Were her symbols of independence -- her phone and car keys -- taken from her, preventing her from calling help or escaping?

Keyboredom
05-01-2012, 05:34 PM
I read somewhere today that the police where given specific information about where to find Allison's mobile phone. I can't remember if it was the Courier Mail but the language used was very careful. Something like "directed to a location where they would find the mobile phone". Does anyone know by whom the police were directed by?

Fairly sure that would be because the phone network provider got their act together and provided more accurate information.

If Allison had an iPhone as reported, some people have Apple's MobileMe software installed (now part of the iCloud thing, I think). Wonder if police are able to get access to her account if she had one?

Keyboredom
05-01-2012, 05:39 PM

I can't confirm he did, but can confirm some locals have suggested he did - but no idea of the source and would suggest take it with a grain of salt until / if it is mentioned by police (they'd have photos if the scratches existed)

Maverick.au
05-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Do you know if the theory that more than one person being involved is being considered seriously? (local jungle drums are suggesting this might be the case). Also, any idea what issues at the property caused detectives to be called in so quick?

Police who responded to the missing person call knew something was wrong.

The rumours about multiple people may be related to the SMS messages that were sent that evening but I'm not sure this is widely known. I'm sure that all options are being considered but Police know who did it.

Let's hope the SIM card, if it wasn't Allison's, is somehow connected to the perpertrator.

I doubt it. And most evidence would have been destroyed by the rain.

Keyboredom
05-01-2012, 06:00 PM
... but Police know who did it.

There will be widespread happiness when the person is arrested.

Thinking
05-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Have just sent an email to crimestoppers suggesting they check the Scout Camp here at Karana Downs. It is isolated from houses, only takes 10-15 minutes to drive from Brookfield, he would in all liklihood have been there at some time in his life due to his Scouts connection, and one would have to drive through the hot zone to get to it from his home, where mobile could have been thrown into the little creek at the centre of hot zone. His mobile phone info for that day would be interesting - especially the pings Ms G Norris referrred to.

Is this the Scout camp where they believe she may have been left? The description sounds spot on.

It is amazing how a few of the posters here suggested the Scout Camp/Mt Crosby/Kholo Creek, earlier in the search. If the killer was looking at this forum at that time, I wonder how they felt when they saw those posts.......

marlywings
05-01-2012, 06:07 PM
His story has been consistent from the start regarding the evening which was that he went to bed around 10pm and she was watching tv, it's the media that has reported different versions of this.

"His story" may very well have been consistent but at end of day it's still only "his story". He'd been cheating on his wife I would be very hestitant to believe it.

I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned on here but if Allison was supposedly just watching tv, why would she be wearing running shoes??

cluciano63
05-01-2012, 06:24 PM
I read somewhere today that the police where given specific information about where to find Allison's mobile phone. I can't remember if it was the Courier Mail but the language used was very careful. Something like "directed to a location where they would find the mobile phone". Does anyone know by whom the police were directed by? Later that day GBC engages a Barister.
I have a feeling, his legal team are negotiating charges with the police. Remember Elisa Baker, LE knew it was her, and were getting close but not close enough for Murder 1, so her legal team negotiated Murder 2 in exchange for vital information about the whereabouts of Zahra's remains.

Has it been declared that she was murdered? I thought I read that there were no signs of foul play...in which case, I can't see anyone admitting to anything. JMO

crissyz
05-01-2012, 06:29 PM
"I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned on here but if Allison was supposedly just watching tv, why would she be wearing running shoes??

I know people that wear running shoes around the house. especially if she had a busy evening (ruling out any fight with Gerard, just on a normal night) running around after the kids, especially on acreage, if she had of been going in and out of the house etc. I think its quite normal personally.

Myserty64
05-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Well, some very interesting 'inside' information it seems.

The investigation appears to be progressing quite well under the circumstances. Not knowing where the crime scene is makes things a tad difficult.
As in all investigations the police are holding back information only the perpetrator will know.

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Is this the Scout camp where they believe she may have been left? The description sounds spot on.

It is amazing how a few of the posters here suggested the Scout Camp/Mt Crosby/Kholo Creek, earlier in the search. If the killer was looking at this forum at that time, I wonder how they felt when they saw those posts.......
It goes back to why police did not set up smaller search parties concurrent with the hot zoe search, keeping in mind the forecasted rain as well as being aware of the scout connections, they could of easily assembled small parties of locals accompanied by 1 or 2 police just to at least search for Allison , they would have known from the beginning they were looking for a body. They should have made a widespread immediate search of all waterways within say a 30 minute drive and with the widespread media coverage it would haev been very easy to assemble an appropriate searchparty. Of course after she was found then the forensics take over and the detailed search for evidence, but the main thing is locating the body as soon as possible before too much exposure to the eliments. I just don't understand this and I can't see why this was not doe especially seeing all the locals are more than willing to offer as much help as possible and they have proved this on this forum as well as others. I was saying to my husband and my family, they need to search the waterways within a drive as he would not of been digging at night, too much mess to conceal, and he would at least try to get some distance from his house, " he covert what he know" they should be checking aroud all local scout and camoing grounds as that is what would of sprung to mind when under duress and not able to think calmly and rationally.
Anyone who can shed light on why they did not expand as well as take in mind the heavy rains and possibility of water relocating a body with the current flow? I just can't understand it!!

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 06:39 PM
What's the motive and who had motive?

As far as I'm aware, neither the police nor media has intimated Allison was involved with someone who may have had motive, i.e., jealousy. And as others have already said, there have been no warnings from police or anyone else concerning an opportunistic killer at large

From media reports, it seems Allison's remains were fully clothed, which to most would rule out opportunistic rapist-killer

Yet she was killed. Someone was motivated to kill her and conceal her body in order they could remain at liberty

Finger seems to point at only one person - who in turn may have been assisted by one or more others in concealment of the body

Anyone who could continue eating, showering, driving, phoning etc. as the body of a decent woman & mother was rotting alone, uncherished, unprotected and defiled by the elements on a lonely river bank and while dozens of people were dedicating their time and energy to locating her --- deserves to die screaming, imo

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Has it been declared that she was murdered? I thought I read that there were no signs of foul play...in which case, I can't see anyone admitting to anything. JMO

Haven't the police declared it a criminal homicide ? This alone signifies it's a murder, doesn't it ? Maybe not? Would seem so to me, though

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 06:48 PM
It goes back to why police did not set up smaller search parties concurrent with the hot zoe search, keeping in mind the forecasted rain as well as being aware of the scout connections, they could of easily assembled small parties of locals accompanied by 1 or 2 police just to at least search for Allison , they would have known from the beginning they were looking for a body. They should have made a widespread immediate search of all waterways within say a 30 minute drive and with the widespread media coverage it would haev been very easy to assemble an appropriate searchparty. Of course after she was found then the forensics take over and the detailed search for evidence, but the main thing is locating the body as soon as possible before too much exposure to the eliments. I just don't understand this and I can't see why this was not doe especially seeing all the locals are more than willing to offer as much help as possible and they have proved this on this forum as well as others. I was saying to my husband and my family, they need to search the waterways within a drive as he would not of been digging at night, too much mess to conceal, and he would at least try to get some distance from his house, " he covert what he know" they should be checking aroud all local scout and camoing grounds as that is what would of sprung to mind when under duress and not able to think calmly and rationally.
Anyone who can shed light on why they did not expand as well as take in mind the heavy rains and possibility of water relocating a body with the current flow? I just can't understand it!!

A lot of people may comment on your post in the vein of, ' It's fine to be wise after the fact ', etc

but what you're written certainly has me thinking ....

A case of being seen to be doing everything by the book? When of course, every hour that passed would have rendered the physical remains & evidence more degraded? After 11 days ....

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I know people that wear running shoes around the house. especially if she had a busy evening (ruling out any fight with Gerard, just on a normal night) running around after the kids, especially on acreage, if she had of been going in and out of the house etc. I think its quite normal personally.
As a Mum of same aged children I can assure you that at 10pm at night the kids have bene in bed for 2 hours, the last thing I would be doing would be watching TV in my running shoes. If I was relaxing watching TV on a thrusday night after feeding everyone, cleaning up, preparing for the next day, I would be in my PJ's and possibly nursing a glass of wine looking forward to the last day of the week before the weekend. Does anyone know if the house was left in state that a normal house would be left in at that time of night with young kids.
The reason I ask is, if she regularly went for a walk at 6am, then she sounds like an organised person who would have had everything prepared for the next day for the kids ( uniforms laid out,bags ready, possibly table set for breakfast or schoolluch containers out ready , maybe lunches pre made in the fridge, washing done etc.
If she was watching TV at 10pm then all this would have been done, anyone know if the police checked for all this or photographed the house first thing to go back and look over this, speak to her parents to ask her routines, Mothers ALWAYS know their daughters ormal routines as quite often they are called in to help. If the house looked like nothing has been done then there is another clue at least. Forensics will be able to tell what was in her stomach, did she eat dinner, WHat did the husband say about the meal that night? Had she had a shower prior to going out? Does anyone know if the children have been interviewed? It is crucial with children to do this straight away before they forget or before they have a different version implanted. So many questions!

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 06:52 PM
As a Mum of same aged children I can assure you that at 10pm at night the kids have bene in bed for 2 hours, the last thing I would be doing would be watching TV in my running shoes. If I was relaxing watching TV on a thrusday night after feeding everyone, cleaning up, preparing for the next day, I would be in my PJ's and possibly nursing a glass of wine looking forward to the last day of the week before the weekend. Does anyone know if the house was left in state that a normal house would be left in at that time of night with young kids.
The reason I ask is, if she regularly went for a walk at 6am, then she sounds like an organised person who would have had everything prepared for the next day for the kids ( uniforms laid out,bags ready, possibly table set for breakfast or schoolluch containers out ready , maybe lunches pre made in the fridge, washing done etc.
If she was watching TV at 10pm then all this would have been done, anyone know if the police checked for all this or photographed the house first thing to go back and look over this, speak to her parents to ask her routines, Mothers ALWAYS know their daughters ormal routines as quite often they are called in to help. If the house looked like nothing has been done then there is another clue at least. Forensics will be able to tell what was in her stomach, did she eat dinner, WHat did the husband say about the meal that night? Had she had a shower prior to going out? Does anyone know if the children have been interviewed? It is crucial with children to do this straight away before they forget or before they have a different version implanted. So many questions!

Excellent post (supposed to be a thumbs-up smilie here)

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 06:58 PM
A lot of people may comment on your post in the vein of, ' It's fine to be wise after the fact ', etc

but what you're written certainly has me thinking ....

A case of being seen to be doing everything by the book? When of course, every hour that passed would have rendered the physical remains & evidence more degraded? After 11 days ....
I certainly hope I have not come across as being an after the fact told you so, apologies if I have, most certainly not my intention, just still shaking my head at how the whole police force could not have conducted multiple searches as the same time.
Im not experienced in police work abviously and I mean no disrespect, but even my husband and my mother were saying the same thing so it appears a heck of a lot of people on here as well were offering search suggestions,just wondering why

barrosa
05-01-2012, 07:01 PM
A very interesting forum. Could we see him point the finger? If there was an accomplice I hope they have hired a lawyer he is very clever.

marlywings
05-01-2012, 07:02 PM
I think the areas they were searching in, the hot zone/blue/red zones were because of the signals received from her mobile. Once they'd thoroughly searched those areas it was going to be expanded.

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 07:04 PM
I certainly hope I have not come across as being an after the fact told you so, apologies if I have, most certainly not my intention, just still shaking my head at how the whole police force could not have conducted multiple searches as the same time.
Im not experienced in police work abviously and I mean no disrespect, but even my husband and my mother were saying the same thing so it appears a heck of a lot of people on here as well were offering search suggestions,just wondering why

No, no. Not what I meant at all. Imo, your post is the product of a practical and analytical mind. It raises points which now seem obvious, in retrospect

I shouldn't have spoken. All I meant was, it's often the case in fora that when someone points out the obvious, some respond by saying 'it's all very well to say this or that in retrospect ' etc.

You haven't offended me in the least. What you wrote got me thinking, as I said. May well be that it has the same effect on others

Forget I spoke, lol

cluciano63
05-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Haven't the police declared it a criminal homicide ? This alone signifies it's a murder, doesn't it ? Maybe not? Would seem so to me, though

If so, then never mind...I did not see that.

Liadan
05-01-2012, 07:08 PM
The Brisbane Times is mentioning that Sim card and possibly 'drag' marks near the site of the dumping.

Unfortunately I don't think the information from here on in will be very forthcoming. A barrister to scare the be-jesus out of the media making any sort of statements to the public and the police shutting down ranks to prevent leaks - things will move slowly from here on in.

This was an interesting article tho - apologies if someone has previously posted!
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/police-scour-bushland-for-badenclay-clues-20120502-1xxvn.html

Hillsdon
05-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Considering the circumstances (imminent business collapse, exit as head of Chamber of Commerce, rumours of affair, etc.) had ABC decided to take the children and leave ? After all, she was very accomplished, popular, well-regarded & respected and only 43 years old. She could have embarked on a new career now the children were in school and could have supported herself and her children - forged a new and happier life for them

Was she in the process of packing her own and children's belongings when a violent argument erupted? Were her symbols of independence -- her phone and car keys -- taken from her, preventing her from calling help or escaping?

I agree laserdisc10, sounds like you are on the right track.

Plus there is a supposed history of aggression in the marriage.

Then she is killed, by mistake or not, with screams, as heard by neighbours. He then calls the girlfriend, she comes over and cleans up the house (although not well enough as there is something about the house that makes the police act so quickly with the widescale search).

He takes ABC in the boot of the white car out to Scout camp/Kholo Creek, quickly dumps the body and speeds back home to get the story straight. On the way home, remembers the mobile in his pocket and chucks it out the car window (locals say that the car was seen driving erractically down Brookfield rd at 11pm) Madly texts on the way home, where has she gone, left home in walking gear etc. Calms down and plans his response to the many questions that are going to be asked tomorrow.

Friday morning; Waits till the kids ask why she isnt back from her normal morning walk, then calls the police.

Just a theory ... lets hope that her family get justice sooner rather than later.

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 07:19 PM
No, no. Not what I meant at all. Imo, your post is the product of a practical and analytical mind. It raises points which now seem obvious, in retrospect

I shouldn't have spoken. All I meant was, it's often the case in fora that when someone points out the obvious, some respond by saying 'it's all very well to say this or that in retrospect ' etc.

You haven't offended me in the least. What you wrote got me thinking, as I said. May well be that it has the same effect on others

Forget I spoke, lol
I have not explained properly, I understand your response was being mindful that other may say this, and my undestanding was that you were on my line of thinking, I posted that reply in light if others who may read my post and confuse it so I thought I best just clear it up as I am mindful there are a lot of people deeply affected and I wan tot make sure that I don't offend anyone, don't be sorry you spoke, it was a supportive reply, sorry if my rushed typing came across as otherwise, all good here, and thakyou for your supportive post :-)

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Laserdisc10 , Sorry, I have not explained properly, I understand your response was being mindful that other may say this, and my undestanding was that you were on my line of thinking, I posted that reply in light if others who may read my post and confuse it so I thought I best just clear it up as I am mindful there are a lot of people deeply affected and I wan tot make sure that I don't offend anyone, don't be sorry you spoke, it was a supportive reply, sorry if my rushed typing came across as otherwise, all good here, and thakyou for your supportive post :-)

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 07:22 PM
The Brisbane Times is mentioning that Sim card and possibly 'drag' marks near the site of the dumping.

Unfortunately I don't think the information from here on in will be very forthcoming. A barrister to scare the be-jesus out of the media making any sort of statements to the public and the police shutting down ranks to prevent leaks - things will move slowly from here on in.

This was an interesting article tho - apologies if someone has previously posted!
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/police-scour-bushland-for-badenclay-clues-20120502-1xxvn.html

Media savvy? It's being said he is

Guess the $200,000 paid to individuals by 60 Minutes might encourage some to believe similar media attention might assist in their financial woes, as are being reported currently by the Courier Mail

Courier Mail states his business has fallen apart, that 20 staff departed, that he took out a $300,000 loan from 'two partners' who reportedly departed immediately (that's intriguing)

Also reported is that he had to downgrade his vehicle, that business has been poor

and I've read in this forum that they were only renting their house

Barristers don't come cheap, either

I think I'll spit if any of them profit from Allison's death

Maverick.au
05-01-2012, 07:23 PM
It goes back to why police did not set up smaller search parties concurrent with the hot zoe search, keeping in mind the forecasted rain as well as being aware of the scout connections, they could of easily assembled small parties of locals accompanied by 1 or 2 police just to at least search for Allison , they would have known from the beginning they were looking for a body. They should have made a widespread immediate search of all waterways within say a 30 minute drive and with the widespread media coverage it would haev been very easy to assemble an appropriate searchparty......

There were many other options for the disposal of the body such as concealing the body in bush or in a vacant property of which he would have known many, searching the waterways would likely not have discovered her if she was concealed and it was the rains that dislodged her.

Police were following their search and rescue manual which required them to put all their resources into the 2km radius around the home - this is a coronial requirement I understand.

Performing a search haphazardly means you will miss evidence and even the body so it has be done methodically but they did also have helicopters in the area scouring a larger area around the home. The same would apply with having untrained searchers, they don't know what to do to preserve evidence and would be a liability - they had a few hundred people (police and SES) searching most of the time.

Realistically if she was missing it was likely she would be in that area around the home possibly injured so it made sense to put all effort into that area and as it turns out she was dead and finding her sooner would not have changed this.

Maverick.au
05-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Not knowing where the crime scene is makes things a tad difficult.

I think the police have a pretty good idea where this is.

pugsandfrogs
05-01-2012, 07:28 PM
It has been declared a homicide and for some time now the homicide detectives have been running the case

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 07:29 PM
locals say that the car was seen driving erractically down Brookfield rd at 11pm

Wow. The above is a prime piece of information, if the locals are correct

barrosa
05-01-2012, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=laserdisc10;7860611]Media savvy? It's being said he is

Courier Mail states his business has fallen apart, that 20 staff departed, that he took out a $300,000 loan from 'two partners' who reportedly departed immediately (that's intriguing)

liquidated few days prior to her being reported missing? he may well be building a case against his accomplice his loyalty will be to the bayden clay name and to think anything else would be extremely foolish

Bobbie Elliott
05-01-2012, 07:38 PM
There was something found in the rear of one of their 4WDs.

After the crash he was admitted to the psych ward by the police overnight.

They had been attending counselling since the affair ended last year and part of this was they had to discuss events with each other each night.

QUOTE]

Very very interesting indeed.

What of interest did they (presumably the police) find in the 4WD?????!!!
The psych ward?????????? What on earth for???? To me, the car "accident" looked more like a "deliberate" than an accident. It is a commonly held misconception that many people get off serious crimes by using an insanity defense. It doesn't help that Matthew Newton has been cut enormous flack because of his "bipolar". Allison was killed by a person who is bad - not mad.

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 07:42 PM
There were many other options for the disposal of the body such as concealing the body in bush or in a vacant property of which he would have known many, searching the waterways would likely not have discovered her if she was concealed and it was the rains that dislodged her.

Police were following their search and rescue manual which required them to put all their resources into the 2km radius around the home - this is a coronial requirement I understand.

Performing a search haphazardly means you will miss evidence and even the body so it has be done methodically but they did also have helicopters in the area scouring a larger area around the home. The same would apply with having untrained searchers, they don't know what to do to preserve evidence and would be a liability - they had a few hundred people (police and SES) searching most of the time.

Realistically if she was missing it was likely she would be in that area around the home possibly injured so it made sense to put all effort into that area and as it turns out she was dead and finding her sooner would not have changed this.
I want you on my search team if I ever go missing, very insightful, there is a hint of inside info here and I understand you not beig able to comment in a public forumbut grateful for your info, it widens the theories and makes sense, but I still think they could have sent SES workers with one or two police to oversee and explain about touching evidence etc and this would have been far better to do this and find her earlier than leave it t the manual and take 11 days after rain and elements especially with heavy rainfall on the forecast. Many profilers have discussed the urgency in locatig the body as soon as possible as the key to a bullet proof case and it is widely known that submersion destroys evidence( fibres, skin cells under nails etc)

I know police can check for forensic evidence of where a body was positioned at death from the settlement of blood as well as post death trauma ( lifting, dragging) opposed to pre death trauma ( there would be bruising which will be found in an autospy), but the critical evidence of what is found to link the crime would have been far more disturbed by 11 days in the water and elements than it would have by a search party finding the body a lot earlier.

I understand the need for process and following the book, but commonsense should also play a part and I believe strongly the police have made a big error limiting the search and I believe a lot of people think the same as I do that he would of tried to get distance between where he took her and the house, as well as waterways near campimg and scout grounds would be a hot zone given his families background in this area.

Any news on the state of the house as per my post a just before, this could be answers only those close to her would know but I belive their are a few people on here who would be able to comment if the polcie ave interviewed the children and spoken to her parets about her routines ar home.

Bobbie Elliott
05-01-2012, 07:51 PM
delete

pugsandfrogs
05-01-2012, 07:54 PM
It has been declared a homicide and for some time now the homicide detectives have been running the case

I stand corrected. The police are treating her death as an unlawful homicide, but have not declared it a major crime as yet. Also I don't believe they have formally interviewed GBC according to the media possibly because he lawered up very early on.

Keyboredom
05-01-2012, 07:55 PM
He then calls the girlfriend, she comes over and cleans up the house (although not well enough as there is something about the house that makes the police act so quickly with the widescale search).

The local 'gossip' re. a potential further person involved doesn't suggest the person was female. (but bear in mind the locals have even less logic and criminal forensic background than most people on this forum, so take it all with as completely fanciful till proven). Sincerely doubt anyone would be inside the Baden-Clay house cleaning up with 3 children asleep.

Madly texts on the way home, where has she gone, left home in walking gear etc.

There's no mention of any texts at that time of night. Gerard Baden-Clay has apparently repeatedly stated he went to bed at 10pm. He would have had no reason to text Allison or anyone else while asleep. If there are texts sent between 10pm and 6am they would be crucial to this investigation.

Maverick.au
05-01-2012, 08:11 PM
I want you on my search team if I ever go missing, very insightful, there is a hint of inside info here and I understand you not beig able to comment in a public forumbut grateful for your info, it widens the theories and makes sense, but I still think they could have sent SES workers with one or two police to oversee and explain about touching evidence etc and this would have been far better to do this and find her earlier than leave it t the manual and take 11 days after rain and elements especially with heavy rainfall on the forecast. Many profilers have discussed the urgency in locatig the body as soon as possible as the key to a bullet proof case and it is widely known that submersion destroys evidence( fibres, skin cells under nails etc)

I know police can check for forensic evidence of where a body was positioned at death from the settlement of blood as well as post death trauma ( lifting, dragging) opposed to pre death trauma ( there would be bruising which will be found in an autospy), but the critical evidence of what is found to link the crime would have been far more disturbed by 11 days in the water and elements than it would have by a search party finding the body a lot earlier.

You have a good point but I guess it's a hard one as far as resources go as you don't want untrained people going missing or hurting themselves. There may also be legal reasons with introduction or removal of evidence by people searching.

I understand the need for process and following the book, but commonsense should also play a part and I believe strongly the police have made a big error limiting the search and I believe a lot of people think the same as I do that he would of tried to get distance between where he took her and the house, as well as waterways near campimg and scout grounds would be a hot zone given his families background in this area.

When coroners are involved common sense goes out the window! Imagine a coroner if the police put half their resources into the 2km search area dictated by procedure and the other half into searching way away and they find her body inside the 2km search area and it turns out she would have been found alive if the full resources were used? I don't agree with the search procedure as such but they have to start somewhere and the area surrounding the house is quite hard to search as is the rest of the area so if the body was hidden well it may never have been found.

Realistically if he did dump the body he could have done it in so many places including off the weir with some weights attached - this is a 20 minute drive with little or no traffic late at night and he could have "stopped and dropped" within 30 seconds.

Any news on the state of the house as per my post a just before, this could be answers only those close to her would know but I belive their are a few people on here who would be able to comment if the polcie ave interviewed the children and spoken to her parets about her routines ar home.

The children were told something unusual by the father when they asked where their mother was on Friday morning.

Keyboredom
05-01-2012, 08:24 PM
I remember the parents calling years ago when the agency started. They sounded pompous, although I didn't 'dislike' them at the time.

Poor Allison was also listed as staff at some point :

http://web.archive.org/web/20080718224602/http://century21.com.au/westside/agenthome.htm

My new impression of the family isn't helped by the obnoxious profiles and descriptions on that page. To explain the presence of the animal trophies at the father's home : "Community Development Educator in Rhodesia. Avid Big Game Hunter and Conservationist. Marriage enhancement facilitator. Financial Planner."

"Big Game Hunter" (aka supposedly big powerful man shooting a beautiful endangered animal) and "Marriage enhancement facilitator". Words fail me.

marlywings
05-01-2012, 08:26 PM
There's no mention of any texts at that time of night. Gerard Baden-Clay has apparently repeatedly stated he went to bed at 10pm. He would have had no reason to text Allison or anyone else while asleep. If there are texts sent between 10pm and 6am they would be crucial to this investigation.

I'd think police would be going all out to disprove his "went to bed at 10pm", hence their wanting to know the movements of the cars between 8pm on April 19 and 6am on April 20.

Info on phones belonging to family members/friends etc would be interesting. All the focus on the sim card found yesterday, perhaps there's a few sim cards that have been tossed out.

Raskolnikov
05-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I remember the parents calling years ago when the agency started. They sounded pompous, although I didn't 'dislike' them at the time.

Poor Allison was also listed as staff at some point :

http://web.archive.org/web/20080718224602/http://century21.com.au/westside/agenthome.htm

My new impression of the family isn't helped by the obnoxious profiles and descriptions on that page. To explain the presence of the animal trophies at the father's home : "Community Development Educator in Rhodesia. Avid Big Game Hunter and Conservationist. Marriage enhancement facilitator. Financial Planner."

"Big Game Hunter" (aka supposedly big powerful man shooting a beautiful endangered animal) and "Marriage enhancement facilitator". Words fail me.

Very weird post titled 'Thank God For Christmas'. Seems to be thanking God for allowing his birthday to be celebrated which has allowed some oportunistic financial rewards to be had over that period.

marlywings
05-01-2012, 08:38 PM

Like you... speechless!!

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Realistically if he did dump the body he could have done it in so many places including off the weir with some weights attached - this is a 20 minute drive with little or no traffic late at night and he could have "stopped and dropped" within 30 seconds.

The children were told something unusual by the father when they asked where their mother was on Friday morning.[/QUOTE]

So have the children been interviewed yet? Does anyone know? God only knows her parents must be battling with this, on one hand they have to show support in fear of being banished from the girls lives, on the otherhand probably beig privvy to police fears and having to grieve amongst the monster, what a terrible situation for them, my god, the game playing and the anguish they would be forced to be in now so as to remain close to the little girls. Surely his family can not be so messed up to ot suspect or try and cover up for him.

alicat
05-01-2012, 08:49 PM
I just drove past Bunya Road and there's no visiable police cars/media around. There were a few detectives walking around the bridge where she was found.

Raskolnikov
05-01-2012, 08:54 PM

The children were told something unusual by the father when they asked where their mother was on Friday morning.

So have the children been interviewed yet? Does anyone know? God only knows her parents must be battling with this, on one hand they have to show support in fear of being banished from the girls lives, on the otherhand probably beig privvy to police fears and having to grieve amongst the monster, what a terrible situation for them, my god, the game playing and the anguish they would be forced to be in now so as to remain close to the little girls. Surely his family can not be so messed up to ot suspect or try and cover up for him.[/QUOTE]

Must be a delicate situation if the police have to interview the children. Even if they did say something incriminating the defence could say that they were being led by the questioning or just confused. It might help with the possible timelines of when Allison went missing. Plus I wonder as GBC hasn't made a official statement whether the police have access to the children to question them.

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 09:00 PM
That could mean 2 things.
If they are not really there anymore in force they either know there is nothing else there OR they have enough ad are piecing it together.
Has her mobile phoe turned up ANYWHERE? A random murderer would take her phone but would leave it where he picked her up from, only someoe who is close to the victim would want to conceal something like that. Love to know what the unusual thing was he told the children aout their mother? I just hope the police interviewed the girls on day one as well as talked to her prents about her usual home habits and took photos of the place as well as asked if they all ate together, what did they eat ( forensics can tell by undigested food how long after eating someoen was killed) It is really crucial that they asked all these questions straight away before he had time to think about it as he would of had no sleep that night ( despite telling everyone he slept all night) did anyone notice evident signs of fatigue, you can tell when someone has not slept, their skin colour is slightly off, there eyes blink a lot more, they appear more agitated and erratic ( even under duress)I just wish it was movig faster as I can not imagine this still going on for the parents and having her funeral with him there!!!!!!

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 09:01 PM
That could mean 2 things.
If they are not really there anymore in force they either know there is nothing else there OR they have enough ad are piecing it together.
Has her mobile phoe turned up ANYWHERE? A random murderer would take her phone but would leave it where he picked her up from, only someoe who is close to the victim would want to conceal something like that. Love to know what the unusual thing was he told the children aout their mother? I just hope the police interviewed the girls on day one as well as talked to her prents about her usual home habits and took photos of the place as well as asked if they all ate together, what did they eat ( forensics can tell by undigested food how long after eating someoen was killed) It is really crucial that they asked all these questions straight away before he had time to think about it as he would of had no sleep that night ( despite telling everyone he slept all night) did anyone notice evident signs of fatigue, you can tell when someone has not slept, their skin colour is slightly off, there eyes blink a lot more, they appear more agitated and erratic ( even under duress)I just wish it was movig faster as I can not imagine this still going on for the parents and having her funeral with him there!!!!!!

Caviar
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
As a financial adviser, my instincts are to question any changes, increases or reviews of Allisons life policies. Who may benefit from her death? Who might need access to money?

marlywings
05-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Mr Mum on domestic duty...

http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/2008/11/mr-mum.html

marlywings
05-01-2012, 09:18 PM
THE major police presence across Mt Crosby has been scaled back significantly today, with the police forward command post disbanded Tuesday evening.
A QPS media spokeswoman said searches were continuing today for clues in relation to the discovery of Brookfield mum Allison Baden-Clay's body on Monday but on a far smaller scale than seen over the past 13 days.

Yesterday, police said they found a mobile phone SIM card and a pair of gloves near where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found.

Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said police were yet to determine whether the items were related to the case.

"We've got a team of about 25 detectives working on it. At this stage, the level of co-operation (from witnesses) has mostly been very good," he said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/police-shift-focus-from-bush-scene-where-body-of-allison-baden-clay-was-discovered/story-e6freon6-1226344523575

willough
05-01-2012, 09:18 PM

I agree.....Knowing his scouting links, I am darn shocked they never scoured that Tyamolum Scouting area..................al the way down to the mouth of the Brisbane River. To me it looks like the person may have hoped that Allison would end up eventually in the Brisbane River. They missed out on crucial body evidence surely, by not doing so.

willough
05-01-2012, 09:21 PM
I stand corrected. The police are treating her death as an unlawful homicide, but have not declared it a major crime as yet. Also I don't believe they have formally interviewed GBC according to the media possibly because he lawered up very early on.

Maybe mom stayed with the kids, while dad and him dumped Allison. In a way it makes sense that the ucky, yucky....and yes im still having nightmares about i,t KISS happened. Deep down, they are freaking out, but if they show the world, hey all is fine with us........then it throws all off the scent.

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Maybe mom stayed with the kids, while dad and him dumped Allison. In a way it makes sense that the ucky, yucky....and yes im still having nightmares about i,t KISS happened. Deep down, they are freaking out, but if they show the world, hey all is fine with us........then it throws all off the scent.

It was an unsettling spectacle, that's for sure. Didn't they realise the only reason the media was focused on them was because their son's wife was missing believed dead? Or do they believe themselves to be lifelong celebrities based on the fact they cling to the coat-tails of one individual generations back, who made a name for himself?

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 09:36 PM
The Courier Mail's 'update' has a photo of the entrance to the scouts camp. Has to be one of the most miserable looking places I've seen, even in daylight

marlywings
05-01-2012, 09:39 PM
As had been mentioned earlier in the week the family wanted the media gone so they could all get "back to normal". The media didn't go so "the kiss" was a "we'll give you something to talk about" kind of thing. Or...what would the age be of the parents, could one of them have dementia?? Do dementia patients do such a thing??

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Mr Mum on domestic duty...

http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/2008/11/mr-mum.html

Nice plug for the health-spa is the reason for the touchy-feely ?

Keyboredom
05-01-2012, 09:40 PM
" "We've got a team of about 25 detectives working on it. At this stage, the level of co-operation (from witnesses) has mostly been very good," he said. "

Interesting wording again. Witnesses mentioned. Let's hope they witnessed plenty which will help the case. And the underlying idea some people maybe haven't been so co-operative?

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 09:41 PM
From what MAVERICK has posted it appears that there is a hell of a lot of info that we don't know, it will become a book oeday for sure, maybe they should get John Douglass out if retirement and get him on the cse as a profiler, though I suspect there would be enough of this going on the USA to keep him occupied there, ad he is retired, still, there are a lot of smart profilers who would be watching these forums and possibly getting in contact with people who show some local knowledge, I am only guessing, but if I was in the investigatio I would definitley be making sure that all firums were covered, interesting to find out if his family have been left with a computer and are casing these forums as well. If they are my message to them is " stop pashing in public like a pair of grubs and start showing some remorse!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Daughter in law and mother of your Grandchildren has been murdered, stop worrying about lawyers and the family name and do the right thing, I hope when he is caught they seize all his assests for his daughters adn if the grandparents are conspiritors I hope they sell their assests to help cover the tax payer dollars being spent because the gutless liar is trying to get away with murder!!

willough
05-01-2012, 09:46 PM
It was an unsettling spectacle, that's for sure. Didn't they realise the only reason the media was focused on them was because their son's wife was missing believed dead? Or do they believe themselves to be lifelong celebrities based on the fact they cling to the coat-tails of one individual generations back, who made a name for himself?

Nah.....It's because poppa Baden Clay is da BWANA.....lol So he is above his daughter in law being missing/dead.

I dont know, but by looking at them, I really think, he thinks he is the Bwana..............This whole Bwana thing freaks me out too. It's pretty much what the servants called their master.....and to me, that sort of thing (the master versus servant thingy) has no place in our country.....People thinking they are masters.

Other than that, I agree with you completely.....they wanted the light. Why else would someone do that. Im 38 and I could never imagine myself and hubby putting on a display like teenagers just entering the bonking stage (pardon my bluntness). Well in private maybe (giggles).....but certainly not in front of the public and also not infront of my extended family....I'd hate my parents or inlaws seeing hubby and I in that sort of tryst.

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 09:47 PM
As had been mentioned earlier in the week the family wanted the media gone so they could all get "back to normal". The media didn't go so "the kiss" was a "we'll give you something to talk about" kind of thing. Or...what would the age be of the parents, could one of them have dementia?? Do dementia patients do such a thing??

Anyone who uses a number-plate bearing the word 'Bwana' and lists themself as 'big game hunter' doesn't rate with me. Egomaniacal attention-whores is the way I'd describe someone like that. And you can throw in 'low intelligence' to go with it

As to people supposedly in dignified mourning (as is the only way one should conduct themself under the circumstances) who are party to such an insane spectacle -- well, I think most have expressed appropriate disgust and dismay

Dementia? Who can say. They still hold a driving licence, obviously. Their son still feels their company, in public, at this time, is in his best interests. So maybe the entire family are part stupid, part mad, part ego, part trying to elevate their ordinary selves by harking back to an ancestor whom they shared and who must be rolling in his grave on account of the way his name and reputation have been exploited and debased. Just my personal opinion of course

willough
05-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Ive just realised......I think im obsessed with that ookie pookie kiss.... :(

Keyboredom
05-01-2012, 09:51 PM
The Courier Mail's 'update' has a photo of the entrance to the scouts camp. Has to be one of the most miserable looking places I've seen, even in daylight

Yeah, with all their DYB DYB DYB's they didn't give any warning why some adult males like to hang around large groups of young children:
Scouting sex abuse cases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regardless of the Queensland history of scouting, which I hope is safe and ethical, I wouldn't be boasting of any connection to the founder of an organisation which has enabled abuse.

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 09:53 PM
From what MAVERICK has posted it appears that there is a hell of a lot of info that we don't know, it will become a book oeday for sure, maybe they should get John Douglass out if retirement and get him on the cse as a profiler, though I suspect there would be enough of this going on the USA to keep him occupied there, ad he is retired, still, there are a lot of smart profilers who would be watching these forums and possibly getting in contact with people who show some local knowledge, I am only guessing, but if I was in the investigatio I would definitley be making sure that all firums were covered, interesting to find out if his family have been left with a computer and are casing these forums as well. If they are my message to them is " stop pashing in public like a pair of grubs and start showing some remorse!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Daughter in law and mother of your Grandchildren has been murdered, stop worrying about lawyers and the family name and do the right thing, I hope when he is caught they seize all his assests for his daughters adn if the grandparents are conspiritors I hope they sell their assests to help cover the tax payer dollars being spent because the gutless liar is trying to get away with murder!!

You speak for many of us - thank you

Was just saying to my husband that a real man, a man worth anything at all, would confess and get it over with instead of using up all these resources and money, with millions more yet to be spent

ozazure
05-01-2012, 09:54 PM
I am drawing a long bow here but if they are the kind of people their reputation suggests, they were getting off on the drama, hence the creepy as heck kiss.

mountainhigh
05-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Wouldn't you wait to be charged before you hired literally a legal defence team?

Under the cicumstances not suprised his lawyer has engaged a barrister. Lawyers are not the ones who sit in court during the trial and speak, the barrister does. Therefore, they are 'potentially' simply preparing themselves sooner rather than later so they can come up to speed.
The other consideration or reason for this is that GBC is 100% innocent and will not spend one day in court, and is taking measures to best protect his reputation and future standing. This would not be an uncommon course of action for a businessman in his situation to want to minimise the damage control. Unike blue collar Autralians, white collar generally tend to take these types of action as a precautionary measure.

Lets face it, you would have to be blind freddy not to see that he is Public enemy number 1 and has attracted an awful lot of media attention and will want to get on with his life and re build IF he has had nothing to do with this.

There are the two reasons.

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Ive just realised......I think im obsessed with that ookie pookie kiss.... :(

Time will heal you, hopefully. You're not obsessed. You're in shock. Anyone who's seen it feels the same. What possessed them? And why employ a barrister at massive expense, when you have liabilities like that to demonstrate your true origins and gene pool? Then they have the hide to be hoisting flags up and down as if they live in Government House

True
05-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone, I'm in Australia, been following this site for a while. The Baden-Clay case finally a reason for me to join.

He did it. Someone unrelated to the case probably would have had sexual motives and would have removed her from that area entirely. I believe it's a crime of passion. He did it in heated argument and made up the story about her going for a walk as her reason to leave the house and be exposed to other dangers. He was obviously in a state of desperation and had to get rid of her somehow.

I bet he never slept a wink that night, and spent the night cleaning trace evidence, trying to remove computer files and coming up with a plausible story. If the sim card is hers, you can bet he took her phone apart. No random killer would care about the phone, because they wouldn't have ties to her anyway.

Most people with hyphenated names are self important losers. Seeing the footage of him interviewed only proves it. The police will most definitely find an electronical trail of a marriage falling apart and probably dire straits financially. Add to that the affair and custody of the children and you have a psychopath about to lose it.

willough
05-01-2012, 10:02 PM
I wasnt thinking anything badly about the daughter/sister......But one thing I didnt understand earlier was watching her reverse out of the driveway with the window down....Then in the reporters faces, closes the window and whisks away.....I know, just a minor point....But any sane person would close the window prior to reversing, so no-one could even approach the car....for that privacy they so want. Not wait till one is out on the road and give the reporters a poopoo demeanor......that almost seemed a little like 'im controlling this, not you reporters'. I find the whole family a twee selfish.

PS laserdic10.....Thanks hon.....I think I may need a couple of visits to the psychologist....and then hopefully after that I will be cured...lol

BrizzychickinUSA
05-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Please keep the updates coming...I lived in that area, and now im over here in the usa and nothing has been in the newspapers here on any of this....and we cant stream any TV out of Australia anymore...

oh...wots this about a kiss??? has anyone got a link on that?

I just hope Allisons parents can get the girls ASAP...they need to be with them.....

True
05-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Also, I don't think him getting a lawyer is necessarily an indication of guilt. The percentage of people being murdered by someone they know is too high not to consider a family member, so close, as a husband is, would be one of the first suspects, if not the first. People are wrongly accused all the time. I know if something happened to my partner, after the initial shock, the first person I'd visit would be a lawyer.

pugsandfrogs
05-01-2012, 10:10 PM
As a financial adviser, my instincts are to question any changes, increases or reviews of Allisons life policies. Who may benefit from her death? Who might need access to money?

My question exactly. It could well have been accidental at first, i.e. a domestic disturbance gone horribly wrong. But Insurance companies don't pay out on murder by the policy beneficiary so maybe this was a tragedy in the first instance that GBC then decided to profit from and has gone to these lengths to make it look like another unknown person was involved in order to safeguard any payout.

marlywings
05-01-2012, 10:18 PM
oh...wots this about a kiss??? has anyone got a link on that?

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/...mother/xp1r8ud

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Also, I don't think him getting a lawyer is necessarily an indication of guilt. The percentage of people being murdered by someone they know is too high not to consider a family member, so close, as a husband is, wouldn't be one of the first suspects, if not the first. People are wrongly accused all the time. I know if something happened to my partner, after the initial shock, the first person I'd visit would be a lawyer.

Well, we all react differently. If something happened to a member of my family, I'd be worried out of my mind - so worried, so heart-sick it wouldn't occur to me to run around protecting my precious self. Instead, I'd be all over the place, day and night, trying to find them. I'd be mortgaging the house and selling everything I owned, so I could pay private helicopters to look for them and paying anyone at all to come out and help me find them. I'd go to psychics. I'd pay private detectives. I'd have posters on every available wall and light-pole. And if I couldn't find them, I'd spend the rest of my life trying

The police and media could do and say whatever they liked - I wouldn't notice it. There'd be only one thing on my mind, and that is finding my loved one. If I failed, they could shoot me for all I care. And if barristers and criminal lawyers caught up with me to offer their services, claiming I was in danger of being blamed -- I'd send them packing for taking one minute of my time which I'd rather spend finding my missing loved-one. And that's how most people react

Caviar
05-01-2012, 10:25 PM
My question exactly. It could well have been accidental at first, i.e. a domestic disturbance gone horribly wrong. But Insurance companies don't pay out on murder by the policy beneficiary so maybe this was a tragedy in the first instance that GBC then decided to profit from and has gone to these lengths to make it look like another unknown person was involved in order to safeguard any payout.

Or premeditated from the start....

BrizzychickinUSA
05-01-2012, 10:26 PM

Unreal...thx for that...its like they are getting off on all the drama of it all....grosse

Cccclllaareb
05-01-2012, 10:29 PM
ohhh the infamous kiss. I had managed not to see it until just now. personally i save that sort of affection for private-at the best of times! very bizarre under the circumstances. (actually i would consider that quite bizarre any time but everyone's different!)

a few days ago there were reports that GBC was "frantically" texting/calling several people on Thursday night asking if they'd heard from Allison- has that information since been discredited?

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 10:29 PM

Well, after reading the Mr. Mum blog, it seems he's not averse to using to his advantage any little thing, such as mentioning the name of the health spa, for example. Small potatoes. But that's how some people get through life, greasing palms for reward. And sure, they call it 'networking' and believe themselves to be 'savvy operators'. But it's so blatant and to me, the entire blog was in order to suck up to the health spa. Just my opinion

However, if he hoped to gain fame and fortune via his wife's death -- he failed again. Another big fail

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Unless you want to end up in therapy with me, laserdisc and willough, do not subject yourself to the granny pash, in other situations it would be a voyeristic funny joke to pass around to hapless friends on facebook, but in this situation it is just inappropriate, out of place, not age appropriate, insensitive, vulgar. If you think there is going to be a hint of Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze from a scene of ghost, eliminate that and picture a walrus with a moose, trust me, you do not want to subkect yourself to this, half of us are unable to sleep after this sight ( check the forum post times lol)

On a serious note, I just heard they are expecting the autopsy results today so fingers crossed they will be able to make an arrest in the next few days.

silver01
05-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by silver01
Any info on the other woman, does or did she work with him?[/I]

[quote=tiff07;7858744]Yes, for almost 8 years. In 2008 he made her a partner of the business. A photo of them looking very cosy together at work was published in 2009. The working relationship ceased 13 months ago.

If true then lover, wife and his creepy parents all worked in the same office? Very awkward. Probably why she left. GBC's mother looks so much different/worse today.

Somebody earlier posted a name which appears on that link which was hard to believe, people on here were quick to point out that wasn't true. It's important we don't guess or implicate inncocent people here.
Those posts were deleted by mods, and that poster has not posted since.

The key in all this could be the other woman.
There is a chance she knows what went on and possibly even involvement.

True
05-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Well, we all react differently. If something happened to a member of my family, I'd be worried out of my mind - so worried, so heart-sick it wouldn't occur to me to run around protecting my precious self. Instead, I'd be all over the place, day and night, trying to find them. I'd be mortgaging the house and selling everything I owned, so I could pay private helicopters to look for them and paying anyone at all to come out and help me find them. I'd go to psychics. I'd pay private detectives. I'd have posters on every available wall and light-pole. And if I couldn't find them, I'd spend the rest of my life trying

The police and media could do and say whatever they liked - I wouldn't notice it. There'd be only one thing on my mind, and that is finding my loved one. If I failed, they could shoot me for all I care. And if barristers and criminal lawyers caught up with me to offer their services, claiming I was in danger of being blamed -- I'd send them packing for taking one minute of my time which I'd rather spend finding my missing loved-one. And that's how most people react

In Australia we don't have 20-50 Serial Killers operating at one time. If something happens to your wife/husband, you are the prime suspect and you better Lawyer up unless you want to go to jail for a crime you didnt commit. You would need every bit of legal advice you could muster.

laserdisc10
05-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Unless you want to end up in therapy with me, laserdisc and willough, do not subject yourself to the granny pash, in other situations it would be a voyeristic funny joke to pass around to hapless friends on facebook, but in this situation it is just inappropriate, out of place, not age appropriate, insensitive, vulgar. If you think there is going to be a hint of Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze from a scene of ghost, eliminate that and picture a walrus with a moose, trust me, you do not want to subkect yourself to this, half of us are unable to sleep after this sight ( check the forum post times lol)

On a serious note, I just heard they are expecting the autopsy results today so fingers crossed they will be able to make an arrest in the next few days.

VULGAR !

Yes, that's the word which most applies

tops the list

of many discriptions, non of which show any concern or respect for Allison Dickie

barrosa
05-01-2012, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE=silver01;7861453][quote= Originally Posted by silver01

Somebody earlier posted a name which appears on that link which was hard to believe, people on here were quick to point out that wasn't true. It's important we don't guess or implicate inncocent people here.
Those posts were deleted by mods, and that poster has not posted since.
QUOTE]

Please please its not the lady who was mentioned in this post and no names should be mentioned im so glad her name has been deleted I know it wasnt her she would be mortified

willough
05-01-2012, 10:51 PM
I noticed on that agents blog, all the employees had glowing summaries of themselves....All Allison had was psych after her name and That she was a licenced Real Estate Agent..... :( Im sure she had way more about her, than all of them BCs put together.

barrosa
05-01-2012, 10:53 PM
GBC Barrister is Peter Davis SC involved in big cases for example:

http://www.news.com.au/gloves-off-in-44m-groves-lawsuit/story-fn7kjcme-1226219040754

HN man
05-01-2012, 11:05 PM
It begs the question whether any DNA could still be traced under Allison's finger nails after 11 days exposure if she did scratch him in self defence. if so, certainly wouldn't help GBC's claim of innocence.

Further to my earlier query as to whether any DNA could remain under ABCs fingernails relating to the scratches on GBCs face, has anyone else noticed that almost all photos of GBC over the past 13 days, he has a phone shielding the right hand side of his face ..... Check out the pics .... Whenever he is in the gaze of the media, he usually has the phone held on the right side of his face trying to hide something

pugsandfrogs
05-01-2012, 11:08 PM

You are so funny.

crissyz
05-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Further to my earlier query as to whether any DNA could remain under ABCs fingernails relating to the scratches on GBCs face, has anyone else noticed that almost all photos of GBC over the past 13 days, he has a phone shielding the right hand side of his face ..... Check out the pics .... Whenever he is in the gaze of the media, he usually has the phone held on the right side of his face trying to hide something

Good call!! :)

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Just heard on the news that a woman has been found murdered on a walking path in Strathpine in Brisbane

dansw
05-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Someone mentioned google earth.

Just a thought... I wonder if there is anyway that satellite would have access to cars in the vicinity that night....probably not.

My view is there is evidence to do with the phone. If they have had coverage from early on in the night ie 8pm (and obviously movement within the radius and diminishing signal) this would contradict his version of last seeing ABC at 10 pm right?

I think the mobile could be the key.

barrosa
05-01-2012, 11:38 PM
a man is in custody domestic

BrisbaneGirl
05-01-2012, 11:38 PM
You are so funny.
I never made the Crime squad as you are not allowed to have a sense of humour, plus I dont like blood, hate conflict and vowed to castrate all Peds, Still don't know why they never hired me LOL Just kidding, we all need a laugh every now and then to make us appreicate we are still here and cope with the horror of life at times.
But if the crime squad is watching and think I would fit the bill..........:-)

barrosa
05-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Just heard on the news that a woman has been found murdered on a walking path in Strathpine in Brisbane

man in custody re the above

SomTum
05-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Just saw a twitter update with a change of timing for the appeal of info...
how far is this from their home?

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/05/02/renewed-appeal-for-information-brookfield-investigation/
Investigators would like to hear from anyone who drove in the vicinity of the roundabout at the intersection of Brookfield and Moggill roads, Kenmore between 11.30pm on Thursday April 19 and 4am on Friday April 20.

kenmorian
05-01-2012, 11:50 PM
2-3 minute drive

Mrs G Norris
05-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Here's a link to the press conference starting at 2:00pm

http://www.couriermail.com.au/newsqldlive

Just watched the granny pash again ... threw up in my mouth a little bit.

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 12:03 AM
This website is strange today. When I 'thank' anyone, there's a delayed reaction. Sometimes it doesn't show at all

And I lost patience altogether a while back. Kept being tossed off. Had to re-log every few minutes. Couldn't bring up the site at all on about 100 occasions

Now it's back to not showing when I 'thank' people again

Anyone else having problems?

edit to add:

'Thanks' icon not showing at all now, even though I 'thanked' Mrs G for her last post. Then 'thanked' it again. Nothing .....

bikerchick
05-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Laserdisc, same thing...

Not a lot going on today.. calm before the storm?

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Same with me but I figured I had burnt my hard drive posting comments on this site :-)

Thinking
05-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Does anyone else think it is strange that all that evidence was taken from his parents' place?

Was it their stuff/material that was taken? Or just stuff GBC has taken with him, from his place? Or a combination of both?

My understanding was that their entire place was raided. Does this mean police are sus of his parents too?

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Interesting the police have just appealed for anyone driving on the roundabout of Moggil and Brookfield road, the sim card has been eliminated as associated with the investigation.

The timeframe of 11.30pm and 4am on the Thurday night, I wonder what the time frame is about ad how they came to come up with that time.

He did metion Gerard this time as saying they are working wiht the families in providing information for Geard and the girls as well as Allison's parents who are extremely traumatised since finding out how Allison was found.

No mention of Gerard being this uoset, just the Dickies, they are very tight lipped about who they are talking to, they have said there is no stone untutned and that they have a level of confidence that they will make an arrest very soon.

This is as close as they have come to sayig they know who to centre on but no mention, very controlled on answers, sayd they are keeping an open mind to make sure every piece of inso is run through thoroughly.

There's no defined walk paths in the area.

Asked several times for people to come forward if they were driving on the round about at brookfield and Moggil road between 11.30pm and 4am on thursday the 19th April

Mrs G Norris
05-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Does anyone else think it is strange that all that evidence was taken from his parents' place?

Was it their stuff/material that was taken? Or just stuff GBC has taken with him, from his place? Or a combination of both?

My understanding was that their entire place was raided. Does this mean police are sus of his parents too?

No it probably means they wanted clothing to match fibres or look for mud etc which he may have taken over, and they may also have suspected he took Allison's mobile phone from wherever he hid it in his own house over to his parents house in one of those washing baskets. In my opinion.

Bella66
05-02-2012, 12:23 AM
There is a camera at the Kenmore roundabout.

Stick
05-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Just saw a twitter update with a change of timing for the appeal of info...
how far is this from their home?

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/05/02/renewed-appeal-for-information-brookfield-investigation/

Interesting, considering there is a traffic monitoring camera at that roundabout... admittedly the camera faces the eastern Moggill Road entrance to the roundabout, not the western Brookfield Road entrance...

angel1
05-02-2012, 12:28 AM
They are working with the families in providing information for Gerard and the girls as well as Allison's parents who are extremely traumatised since finding out how Allison was found.It seems to me (in my opinion only) that maybe it wasn't Gerard after all. Also did anyone notice Gerard's parents weren't mentioned? Or if they were i must have missed it. I wonder what the sim card was about that was left there?? The man (sorry i missed his name) said that the sim card has been elininated from the investigation. I know not really to say anything as i wasn't there but i'm wondering if she took her phone with her if it was in her hand and is in the water somewhere??

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 12:29 AM
This topic is becoming really heated, elsewhere online. Many people are disgusted with the BCs. And a forum not known for erudition has gained some very articulate posters in defence of Allison and what they believe are, or should be, decent and normal behaviours when a woman and mother is missing believed murdered

marlywings
05-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Interesting, considering there is a traffic monitoring camera at that roundabout... admittedly the camera faces the eastern Moggill Road entrance to the roundabout, not the western Brookfield Road entrance...

This is the cam??

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Traffic-cameras-by-location/Traffic-cameras.aspx?name=Kenmore - Moggill Road - Kenmore Road (East)

kenmorian
05-02-2012, 12:33 AM
You would be able to see any vehicle turning right from brookfield road with that view on the cam

angel1
05-02-2012, 12:40 AM
I forgot to ask in my last message. Did that guy say to be careful walking around the area? It's just i have an elderly friend that lives over that way and i couldn't hear the guy properly because on my computer it kept cutting in and out

Stick
05-02-2012, 12:40 AM
This is the cam??

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Traffic-cameras-by-location/Traffic-cameras.aspx?name=Kenmore - Moggill Road - Kenmore Road (East)

That's the one, nice work.

Stick
05-02-2012, 12:41 AM
You would be able to see any vehicle turning right from brookfield road with that view on the cam

So it would seem. Wonder if it is on perma-record?

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 12:44 AM
This topic is becoming really heated, elsewhere online. Many people are disgusted with the BCs. And a forum not known for erudition has gained some very articulate posters in defence of Allison and what they believe are, or should be, decent and normal behaviours when a woman and mother is missing believed murdered
where do you look for what else is being said elsewhere?

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 12:47 AM
where do you look for what else is being said elsewhere?

Not able to provide anything other than media links here, sorry

but if you google pertinent names etc. you're bound to hit a few

marlywings
05-02-2012, 12:49 AM
I forgot to ask in my last message. Did that guy say to be careful walking around the area? It's just i have an elderly friend that lives over that way and i couldn't hear the guy properly because on my computer it kept cutting in and out

The main message he conveyed was to use common sense when walking in those types of areas which don't have or have very little street lighting. No cause to be alarmed.

alicat
05-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Police have ruled out the sim card being involved in the case.

marlywings
05-02-2012, 12:53 AM
BrisbaneGirl I just sent you a pm.

Curiousasacat
05-02-2012, 12:56 AM
" "We've got a team of about 25 detectives working on it. At this stage, the level of co-operation (from witnesses) has mostly been very good," he said. "

Interesting wording again. Witnesses mentioned. Let's hope they witnessed plenty which will help the case. And the underlying idea some people maybe haven't been so co-operative?

That wording also struck me as being unusual.

SomTum
05-02-2012, 01:06 AM
HMMM....i did wonder about the parents a few pages back - maybe they are more involved in this than first thought? their behaviour is odd as we have all been mentioning here, but maybe its more sinister-odd ??

Mrs G Norris
05-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Personally don't think parents involved....just weird. May explain a few things psychologically if he does turn out to be guilty. Like a lack of understanding about appropriate behaviours etc can often be a side effect of different personality disorders am thinking .. I MEAN WHO DOES THAT? Not normal caring empathetic people, that's for sure.

Curiousasacat
05-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Hi All!
I was trying hard not to get involved or to post but after reading 36 pages there are a couple of things I would like to add. There have been some really good posts by some intelligent people, the arguments and scenarios are fascinating.
I am so sorry for Allison,her parents and her beautiful girls.
I am simply an observer.
A thought I had which I don't think anyone commented on that if they were sleeping in separate beds then perhaps her bed had not been slept in which is why he perhaps panicked early on?? (Personally I no longer believe any of that, I believe he is guilty and I believe his parents know what happened)
The person he was having an affair with is the same lady that has been mentioned a few times, if this is the case and she is there working with this family every day then I believe she also knows. I think it was a fight that went too far and he called in help.
I think the time frame has changed as a witness has come forward and has seen the car. Perhaps they need a more credible witness than the one they have or perhaps they have him on video camera but that can be inadmissible in court??
see now I am just rambling.

pugsandfrogs
05-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Was it the lady named Toni?

ozprincessinoz
05-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Has any body noticed that a lot of the media reports ie Courier Mail have put inverted comma's around the word "devastated" when referring the GBC?

crissyz
05-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Yes, I noticed that ! And also - Now 'devastated'.... why wouldn't he have been devastated before when she was missing for 12 days?!?!? lol

My heart breaks for her parents & girls :(

marlywings
05-02-2012, 01:35 AM
HMMM....i did wonder about the parents a few pages back - maybe they are more involved in this than first thought? their behaviour is odd as we have all been mentioning here, but maybe its more sinister-odd ??

As weird as they appear to be I don't feel his parents were involved. I think it may turn out to be the simpler notion, which we hear about so often.... husband has affair, wife finds out, he promises to end affair but doesn't, business is going downhill, they argue more often, things escalate from a bit of push & shove, he went too far & killed her. And the family has closed ranks around him.

Curiousasacat
05-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Forgot to add that I was F/B snooping.
GBC is F/B friends with Campbell Newman.
Also saw this comment on someone's f/b.

https://www.facebook.com/Bighitter2009

"RIP Allison Baden-Clay the truth will come out but your kids are the one's that suffer the most. What are your thoughts, I think the husband who had an affair is responsible."

Someone asked "How do you know he was having an affair?" his reply -
"The media stated that police interviewed a woman for hours who it was believed worked for him. The media sensationalised it - who'd have thought. Fact is the Police interviewed a female who worked for a friend of mine for a few hours that afternoon as she was consulting to the business and was the last to see her. Not saying he wasn't but remember it's just as possible she was. You are certainly right that these 3 young girls must be going through unspeakable sadness and it doesn't look like it's going to get better for them. :("

Interesting????

maverik1
05-02-2012, 01:39 AM
I have been following this site and must that a lot of the analysis is excellent.

I used to be associated with the real estate business in the Western Suburbs and GBC was an acquaintance.

I had heard from one of my colleagues that he had an absolutely foul temper and was totally out of control when he lost it.

I was also told by one of his ex partners (from the horse's mouth) that the split was extremely acrimonious and ugly.

Whilst this does not make him a murderer, he is no saint!

ozprincessinoz
05-02-2012, 01:48 AM
They certainly like to cash in on the Baden-Powell name.
Gerard's grandfather was a "Clay", his grandmother was a "Baden-Powell".
Looks like Gerard's father, Nigel, decided to make good use of his mother's heritage.

"Bwana" could possibly be Nigel's scouting name, if he is/was a scout leader.

barrosa
05-02-2012, 01:50 AM
Fact: the female who he was having an affair with I would assume after two years would also know of his temper. I know people have worked for him in the past and have left very swiftly but never discussing their sudden departure.

Character analysis will come out but evidence is required.

perth1
05-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Just crossed my mind, if GBC got a scratch on his face there would be evidence of the scratch on whatever he scratched it on. It works in reverse, if he said he scratched it on something at home he would have to produce it and there would be evidence on it, if there isn't it is unlikely that it happened. Wonder if the police have looked at the thing he fell onto/into. So many things to cover up isn't there if he did it. I think it would be pretty quick to prove this one way or the other. I wonder what the angle of the scratch was. Not sure but I think I saw a 1-2inch scratch just below his right eye in this photograph of him whilst he is in a car. Check it out. its the fist photo of him on the page. I saved the image and zoomed in on it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/devastated-dad-hires-a-barrister/story-e6freoof-1226344169693

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 02:01 AM
I don't think the parents are involved, just grubs who disrespect the media and public as well as their own daughter in law by odd granny pashing that has caused a few of us to need therapy ( for those new to this you will have to read from pages 17 onwards to get this)
I do think they are ignorant, I do think the father would know but I doubt the mother would, my reasoning is that fathers are more likely to overlook where as mothers are more inclined to forgive, I think the mother is just anoyed at the media outside her house and is thinking of herself instead of the big picture.
I bet behind closed doors the sister and her husband are asking each other " what if ".
I would bet all on he has done it, the whole thing, I also would not be surprised if it was planned to some extent as he has done agood job so far hiding all the evidence, maybe he had concocted a sort of a plan and then lost his temper and had to put his unplanned plan into place earlier than expected.
What worries me is that he is still with the girls and I worry he might snap and do a murder suicide , reason I am seriously concerned about this and it is not just a fleeting suggestion is because any ma who can kill his kids mother and thus cause them a lifetime of pain and anguish obviously does not love them enough to put them first.
Personally I would die for my kids and if my husband started playing up and the marriage was crap, I would leave or he would leave, no amount of money is worth destroying your kids and this is what really worries me. What if he wakes up in the night and just decides that he cant live knowing that it is just a matter of time and can't bare his kids knowing what he did? The guy has shown he is a self centred creep so this is not far fetched and I hope the police are considering this and the kids safety while this investigation goes on. I have a really bad feeling about this guy and what ELSE he could do not just what he HAS done.

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 02:03 AM
As weird as they appear to be I don't feel his parents were involved. I think it may turn out to be the simpler notion, which we hear about so often.... husband has affair, wife finds out, he promises to end affair but doesn't, business is going downhill, they argue more often, things escalate from a bit of push & shove, he went too far & killed her. And the family has closed ranks around him.

Yes, probably the way it happened, but maybe the father helped with the cover up in the latter stages, depending on what exactly happened. Could go either way. One thing which was reported in the first couple of days was that police did a search of the parents home and their garden shed, and they left with several bags of stuff. I did wonder about the garden shed but it may be nothing and just standard.

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 02:05 AM
Just crossed my mind, if GBC got a scratch on his face there would be evidence of the scratch on whatever he scratched it on. It works in reverse, if he said he scratched it on something at home he would have to produce it and there would be evidence on it, if there isn't it is unlikely that it happened. Wonder if the police have looked at the thing he fell onto/into. So many things to cover up isn't there if he did it. I think it would be pretty quick to prove this one way or the other. I wonder what the angle of the scratch was. Not sure but I think I saw a 1-2inch scratch just below his right eye in this photograph of him whilst he is in a car. Check it out. its the fist photo of him on the page. I saved the image and zoomed in on it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/devastated-dad-hires-a-barrister/story-e6freoof-1226344169693
He could of grabed something and scratched on top of the scratch and this would show evidence, he could have said he cut himself shaving, it would be easy to cover up the origin of a cut by re-inflicting an injury in the same area before anyone has seen it.

Law abiding citizen, its not what you know its what you can prove in court

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Yes, probably the way it happened, but maybe the father helped with the cover up in the latter stages, depending on what exactly happened. Could go either way. One thing which was reported in the first couple of days was that police did a search of the parents home and their garden shed, and they left with several bags of stuff. I did wonder about the garden shed but it may be nothing and just standard.
I also believe the father has assisted in the aftermath by way of hiding something or by keeping quiet, strange he is staying at their house instead of his own, I bet because while he is at his parents house he could access the internet to these sorts of forums and pass it iff as his parents doing it, also, he can whisper things out of earshot but different story when phone records come into account.

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 02:12 AM
They certainly like to cash in on the Baden-Powell name.
Looks like Gerard's father, Nigel, decided to make good use of his mother's heritage.

His new nickname should be just " GRUB "

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 02:13 AM
:rocker:They certainly like to cash in on the Baden-Powell name.

His new nickname should be just " GRUB "

marlywings
05-02-2012, 02:19 AM
I also would not be surprised if it was planned to some extent as he has done agood job so far hiding all the evidence,

I could be completely wrong but I don't think it was a planned murder. He would have had quite a lot of time throughout that night to get rid of any evidence. By sounds though he maybe didn't do a too thorough job when first attending police reported "unspecified observations" to detectives.

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 02:19 AM
Yes, for almost 8 years. In 2008 he made her a partner of the business. A photo of them looking very cosy together at work was published in 2009. The working relationship ceased 13 months ago.

Hi tiff07, is that reliable information? Just seems to lead to the same person who was purported to be wrongly named previously. If she's not the right person, others are doing a lot to drag her name through the mud. (blog post names partners in the business 2008, photo shows partners 2009)

ie. based on the reaction of others who know the identity of the person, you seem to have your facts very wrong (sorry) :)

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Does anyone know what would lead the police to ask for people to cll regarding the roundabout at Moggil road and Brookfield road? It is a time between 11.30pm and 4am, there must be a reason for that timeframe, surely someone would have surveilance cameras along that ruote somewhere or someone would of been on the road and would remember seeing another car on the road at that odd hour of the night,but even if they do, it is just heresay and that sort of evidence gets thrown out all the time.
Its a shame they cant tell more as people tune out when they feel they are not getting the answers they want to be able to help but I understand that it could damage the case, it is just a worry

barrosa
05-02-2012, 02:24 AM
With reference to the lady whom he has been having an affair with does not work for remax

Bobbie Elliott
05-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Has any body noticed that a lot of the media reports ie Courier Mail have put inverted comma's around the word "devastated" when referring the GBC?

All of these tiny observations are important and add up to something very important.

Perthgirl62
05-02-2012, 02:25 AM

Could someone possibly pm me the link?

coops
05-02-2012, 02:42 AM
Could someone please pm me the link also?

Bella66
05-02-2012, 02:48 AM
Just heard on channel 10 news flash that detectives just interviewed a woman close to GBC. Full story at 5pm.

Maverick.au
05-02-2012, 02:52 AM
What worries me is that he is still with the girls and I worry he might snap and do a murder suicide , reason I am seriously concerned about this and it is not just a fleeting suggestion is because any ma who can kill his kids mother and thus cause them a lifetime of pain and anguish obviously does not love them enough to put them first.
Personally I would die for my kids and if my husband started playing up and the marriage was crap, I would leave or he would leave, no amount of money is worth destroying your kids and this is what really worries me. What if he wakes up in the night and just decides that he cant live knowing that it is just a matter of time and can't bare his kids knowing what he did? The guy has shown he is a self centred creep so this is not far fetched and I hope the police are considering this and the kids safety while this investigation goes on. I have a really bad feeling about this guy and what ELSE he could do not just what he HAS done.

The death of his wife was in all probability a heat of the moment event, there are no signs of any planning involved nor are there signs of a frenzied attack so it's likely to be death caused by blunt force trauma.

I doubt that he would hurt the children and I'm sure that the police are not far away.

barrosa
05-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Well lets hope his accomplice has a strong case because he will manipulate this for all its worth and will show no compassion. Perhaps he has been working on this all the time?

mountainhigh
05-02-2012, 02:59 AM
Just heard on channel 10 news flash that detectives just interviewed a woman close to GBC. Full story at 5pm.

I have long suspected this MAY have been a duet...certainly with all the moving about and everything else that would be involved I am guessing that it couldn't be a solo effort by a tiny woman.
Guys, NO! the affair was not with a woman who has worked at both C21 & now RMAX. This is so unfair on this poor woman that it keeps being raised!
I mean, come on, I know that love (or lust) knows no age barriers but this is just a little bit silly..

maverik1
05-02-2012, 03:04 AM
Yes, I know for a fact too that the affair was definitely not with the lady who was at C21 and now Remax.... Mountain High you are so right! If you knew the party you would laugh at the thought of an affair between them! Please leave the poor lady out of this....

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 03:12 AM
I have long suspected this MAY have been a duet...certainly with all the moving about and everything else that would be involved I am guessing that it couldn't be a solo effort by a tiny woman.
Guys, NO! the affair was not with a woman who has worked at both C21 & now RMAX. This is so unfair on this poor woman that it keeps being raised!
I mean, come on, I know that love (or lust) knows no age barriers but this is just a little bit silly..

I think for the privacy of the woman who was mentioned we do need to be careful and stick to forum rules. When that first name was mentioned a few days ago i googled her - looks like a lovely lady but didnt seem to me to be the right age etc. Yes as you have said love knows no age barriers but I didnt think it could be correct - just a gut feeling. And I thought at the time if this gets around that poor woman could be hounded and rumours started about her some of which could stick, when in actual fact she had nothing to do with it. For all we know she might not have even liked GBC and now her name has been mentioned as if she's the mistress. I just think we need to be careful.

For my part I am not really interested in who it is he had the affair with, but if whoever it is was involved in any way or even knew something after the fact, we can still discuss as usual by referring to her as 'the mistress' as part of exploring the case and what happened, with no elements of digging as to WHO she is. (I'm not trying to point the finger at anyone btw, just that it's starting to worry me about any mistaken references to a lady who might end up victimised in some way.)

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 03:17 AM
I totally agree no names should be mentioned if they haven't been raised by police. But my point was publishing 'clues' as to who the mistress is, that then lead to only one (wrong) conclusion, is just as bad as publishing the person's name. It isn't hard to google and find the info. And at the moment the google index still contains the wrongly-named lady's details from excerpts of this forum, like I have said previously, this stuff leaves a stain.

barrosa
05-02-2012, 03:27 AM
the press have mentioned her name it was very early on in the investigation.

mountainhigh
05-02-2012, 03:38 AM
the press have mentioned her name it was very early on in the investigation.

Oh I really dont think so Barossa. They would be walking a serious defamation tightrope here if they did, that's for sure.
Without police naming a name this simply should not happen. If I am wrong and they did publish a 'name' then I am gob smacked about that.

Agreed, this woman is relevant and the police seemingly think so. You have to understand that the police only get ONE shot at a conviction and they will be, and have been talking to a number of people that makes this one shot work!

I would think that they are probably already 70-80% certain, they're just waiting on that last bit of WHAMMO before they make an arrest.

Mrs G Norris
05-02-2012, 03:44 AM
^ yes.. I don't think they are very far away either, they weren't too bashful about dropping some major hints at the press conference were they?

Cccclllaareb
05-02-2012, 03:48 AM
Does anyone know where i can watch this afternoon's press conference?

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 03:49 AM
If I am wrong and they did publish a 'name' then I am gob smacked about that. Agreed, this woman is relevant and the police seemingly think so.

I agree - I have not seen her name published anywhere. However if you google "four hours interviewing a woman, believed to be a former work colleague" you get a whole lot of results (all copied off each other of course) - 4 hours is a long time to have a chat about an office affair.

maverik1
05-02-2012, 03:55 AM
Yes, 4 hours is a long time...but she was a long time business partner and would have known all about the financial dramas that the company faced and also would have been able to give quite a bit of insight into their domestic relationship.....

I was led to believe that they did not part on very good terms though...

Bella66
Press conference:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/police-shift-focus-from-bush-scene-where-body-of-allison-baden-clay-was-discovered/story-e6freon6-1226344523575

crissyz
Does anyone know where i can watch this afternoon's press conference?

I would love a link for this too as I missed this today also

crissyz
05-02-2012, 03:56 AM
I feel sorry fot the detective, now having to have given a press conference on the body found in Strathpine, poor Supt Mark Ainsworth, I think he has enough to deal with, and what a wonderful job he has done thus far.

Unduly_intrigued
05-02-2012, 04:04 AM
I've really appreciated reading all the analyses in this forum, and given an outlet for the way this just has set into my brain, as a local, and who feels so, so sorry for Allison, her girls, and the family.

I have to say though, I am getting kind of disturbed at the way the conversation has turned against his parents. I so understand people being so angry at her murderer, and wanting to vent frustrations, but this seems like too much.

Even if the husband is guilty (and I admit, I've been working hard to not jump to conclusions, but I am starting to be able to imagine very few scenarios where he could be innocent), there are still three little girls out there who love all four of their grandparents, who are going to need all the support from their family they can get. And that includes grandparents who do stupid things in front of cameras parked outside their homes in moments of great stress.

While I too have notions of how someone in these circumstances "should" act, god forbid any of us should ever be put in a similar situation, with others who have never been there to judge us for being "weird", "inappropriate" or even complicit.

brookster
05-02-2012, 04:06 AM
May her blessed beautiful soul rest in peace, and may the angels surround her and bring comfort to her little girls! Allison was a beautiful human.

He could of grabed something and scratched on top of the scratch and this would show evidence, he could have said he cut himself shaving, it would be easy to cover up the origin of a cut by re-inflicting an injury in the same area before anyone has seen it.

This is my first post. Thanks to all for keeping the energy alive for the sake of Allison.

All along I believed G's car crash was to cause injury to cover up another telling injury/scratches/bruising resulting from being punched or kicked, for example. Allison was a dance teacher, very fit and flexible, and she wouldn't have gone without a good amount of physical self-defence.

This "accident" provided a secondary benefit of making him appear tired/stressed/un-stable.

G was on the way to the police station and if he had any "unexplained" injuries, he would have been very nervous that they would examine his body for further evidence. Out of desperation, he hurt himself - not too hard to really injure himself, but just enough to cover up the bruising. If so, thats pretty quick, smart thinking...and it would have worked, as it would have been the perfect excuse for a lot of tell tale signs on the chest area. He had 2 days to figure out what to do. I hope they did a proper physical examination to include this possibility. IMHO.

Bella66
05-02-2012, 04:08 AM
I just watched the 6:00pm news report on channel 7. They confirmed that it's now believed ABC was in one of the family vehicles at the Kenmore roundabout between 11:30pm that Thursday night, and 4:00am Friday morning.

mountainhigh
05-02-2012, 04:08 AM
Yes, 4 hours is a long time...but she was a long time business partner and would have known all about the financial dramas that the company faced and also would have been able to give quite a bit of insight into their domestic relationship.....

I was led to believe that they did not part on very good terms though...

Ok Maverik1, I am now a little confused. So you think that the woman that has been interviewed again today was actually the former business partner? I was thinking that it was the mistress that they have interviewed 'again'?

indogwetrust
05-02-2012, 04:14 AM
I had absolutely no idea about the camera at the roundabout.

Is it common knowledge to the rest of you locals i.e would GBC have been aware of it?

The latest is that Allison was at the roundabout. If GBC was aware of the camera, unless he completely forgot in the heat of the moment, is it a fair leap to suggest that he wasn't at the roundabout, but someone else was?

True
05-02-2012, 04:17 AM
May her blessed beautiful soul rest in peace, and may the angels surround her and bring comfort to her little girls! Allison was a beautiful human.

This is my first post. Thanks to all for keeping the energy alive for the sake of Allison.

All along I believed G's car crash was to cause injury to cover up another telling injury/scratches/bruising resulting from being punched or kicked, for example. Allison was a dance teacher, very fit and flexible, and she wouldn't have gone without a good amount of physical self-defence.

This "accident" provided a secondary benefit of making him appear tired/stressed/un-stable.

G was on the way to the police station and if he had any "unexplained" injuries, he would have been very nervous that they would examine his body for further evidence. Out of desperation, he hurt himself - not too hard to really injure himself, but just enough to cover up the bruising. If so, thats pretty quick, smart thinking...and it would have worked, as it would have been the perfect excuse for a lot of tell tale signs on the chest area. He had 2 days to figure out what to do. I hope they did a proper physical examination to include this possibility. IMHO.

Only problem is... I'm pretty sure the police and media were aware of the facial scratch BEFORE his so called accident. His immediate family would know about his escalating marital problems. Guaranteed. They are not acting like they are shocked. His mother and his sisters actions are not of grievance, but defiance. The body language is very defensive. I don't think they are involved, but I definitely think they knew of very serious conflict in the marriage and know he's good for the crime.

mountainhigh
05-02-2012, 04:18 AM
I just watched the 6:00pm news report on channel 7. They confirmed that it's now believed ABC was in one of the family vehicles at the Kenmore roundabout between 11:30pm that Thursday night, and 4:00am Friday morning.

wow, just watched this too. this is so bizarre, if they think she was in one of the family cars between 1130pm and 4am then they must be surely closing in here! this is just so contradictory to initial reports. she obviously went home again or her car was taken home again for her if this theory is correct!!
I have no idea what to think now. there are a few people involved here for sure and there was some serious arguing and bizarre incidents occuring this night if this was the case. this really could unravel to involve 1,2 or even 3 people. OMG

angel1
05-02-2012, 04:21 AM
Does anyone know why some persons of interest are only interviewed once or twice at the most but others anything from 3,4 times?? And they said on the news earlier a lady has been interviewed but i can't find anything online in any of the news reports. I can't ask questions on the police page because the messages just get deleted

marlywings
05-02-2012, 04:27 AM
I had absolutely no idea about the camera at the roundabout.

Is it common knowledge to the rest of you locals i.e would GBC have been aware of it?

The latest is that Allison was at the roundabout. If GBC was aware of the camera, unless he completely forgot in the heat of the moment, is it a fair leap to suggest that he wasn't at the roundabout, but someone else was?

A lot of people aren't aware these cams exist. GBC may not have known either. You can change location by selecting a region,metro area,north, south, up to around Bundaberg way & west also. "select a region", click update.

indogwetrust
05-02-2012, 04:32 AM
A lot of people aren't aware these cams exist. GBC may not have known either. You can change location by selecting a region,metro area,north, south, up to around Bundaberg way & west also. "select a region", click update.

Ta marlywings.

I'd be curious to know what other locals think of the chances of GBC knowing or not knowing about it too. I've been blissfully unaware of it!

I think if he knew about it and if he had something to do with this, he wouldn't place himself there, unless like I said, he completely forgot.

mountainhigh
05-02-2012, 04:33 AM
Does anyone know why some persons of interest are only interviewed once or twice at the most but others anything from 3,4 times?? And they said on the news earlier a lady has been interviewed but i can't find anything online in any of the news reports. I can't ask questions on the police page because the messages just get deleted

Angel1, they are trying to build a case where there are no witnesses, no cause of death at this stage (pending) and part of building the case is going right through his and A's life, or certainly most recent life history in the last 1-2 years therefore they need every skerrit of information no matter how big or small. A person of interest is not the same as a suspect. however a person of interest that is interviewed 3-4 times whilst not necessarily a suspect clearly has some important information which is more relevant and centres around the case they are trying to build. They will have a command room with different detectives involved in different aspects of their lives and those close to the couple with an attempt to marry everything up. Then there will be the detectives that are at the hard face trying to break down every minute of that night. very complicated stuff

truthseeker12
05-02-2012, 04:36 AM
If you travelled that route between 11:30pm -4:00am, 19th - 20th April - They will ask whether you saw anything suspicious during your trip, your car rego details, make, model, colour and your contact details. That's pretty much it

pugsandfrogs
05-02-2012, 04:38 AM
This website is strange today. When I 'thank' anyone, there's a delayed reaction. Sometimes it doesn't show at all

And I lost patience altogether a while back. Kept being tossed off. Had to re-log every few minutes. Couldn't bring up the site at all on about 100 occasions

Now it's back to not showing when I 'thank' people again

Anyone else having problems?

edit to add:

'Thanks' icon not showing at all now, even though I 'thanked' Mrs G for her last post. Then 'thanked' it again. Nothing .....
Having the same problems. Maybe the sheer volume of traffic is having an effect.

crissyz
05-02-2012, 04:42 AM
Does anyone have a link for the channel 7 news report tonight?

marlywings
05-02-2012, 04:43 AM
I think so too pugsnfrogs..a lot of people!!