PDA

View Full Version : Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

alicat
05-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Not trying to cast aspersions :) I'm sure many people are completely unaware that the camera is there. But I would think a local agent who spent so much time in the area would have noticed. Where was the C21 office before it moved to Taringa? Was it at the roundabout? Surely he would have known if that were the case.

I think it was up that area with all the other real estate agents. Oh yep...

Century 21 Westside
2/2105 Moggill Road
Kenmore QLD 4069

indogwetrust
Not trying to cast aspersions :) I'm sure many people are completely unaware that the camera is there. But I would think a local agent who spent so much time in the area would have noticed. Where was the C21 office before it moved to Taringa? Was it at the roundabout? Surely he would have known if that were the case.

Ta Juno, I did try to make a smiley face after that but failed (insert frowny face here).

Thanks, that's what I was trying to ascertain, the likelihood of him knowing about it bc if it's such common knowledge I would expect him as an agent and someone involved in the community to know.

If he knew though, could he forget the potential of such surveillance in the heat of the moment?? Guess I'm asking how long is a piece of string ...

crissyz
Sorry, that was on fb, not here.

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Maybe he thought they only work if you go through a red light or speed or in peak hours, maybe he forgot or didnt know, he would have been severely stressed and panicked by that stage,everyoe makes mistakes under duress and stress, if it was not planned and he has killed her his head would have been doing backflips and he would not have been able to use his computer to try and look up things as he would of been aware that his computer and phone would of been checked later, look the whole thing from his scratches, his explanations, his car accident, facial hair, not talking to media, parents grany hormones playing up in the garage, hiring lawyers and barristers, the way it all unfolded. If he isnt guilty, then I will never right on a forum again as I would be mortified I got it so wrong, but this is just a process now as there are way too many coincidences and it all just sounds like a massive lie which is what he is good at afterall, lying for a living, lying to his wife about affair and now lying to the world about what happened to her

mountainhigh
05-02-2012, 07:47 AM
GBC has hired an extremely experienced and well known SC (seniour counsel).

This will cost him (or those supporting him) mega bucks.

If the rumours are true - GBC isn't that cashed up.

You'd only want to pay all you had if there was something big at stake. Something that was worth more than money.

Many people have lost their homes just in order to pay legal fees, they accumulate quickly even with your standard lawyer and barrister.

I'd say he's already clocked up a couple of grand so far.

I have a few solicitors in the in-laws family and listen with interest sometimes about their occupation. And even from my own business dealings with lawyers I can tell you now, the Gold Coast law firm would have made him put $10,000 into their trust account from day one. The barrister will charge $500-1000 per hour so at the end of the day if he is innocent and he is just using them for a sense of 'security' and reputation then that cash is gone. If he thinks that he will have to use them for many months to come (i.e if he is guilty and needs to) then you can pretty much say goodbye to around$150,000

Doesn't it speak volumes that he has even hired this lot!!

My heart goes out to these 3 poor little girls it trully does, I don't think
i have been so touched and moved and sad before like I have for these poor little angels. I wish they weren't in that mad house!!!

But I am so worried that this A'hole (if guilty) is going to worm his way out of a conviction with these QC's, SC's, Barristers bla bla in tow. I hope and pray Qld Police have some solid evidencce and not all circumstantial.

And No I dont think he is cashed up whatsoever. Nor do I get the impression that the folks have a lazy $150k lying around

Juno64
05-02-2012, 07:49 AM
If he knew though, could he forget the potential of such surveillance in the heat of the moment?? Guess I'm asking how long is a piece of string ...

It's hard to say what someone would be thinking in this situation, but certainly very possible. I guess the more pertinent question is why he would be going this way in the first place as going via the roundabout is not the quickest or least conspicuous way to get from their house to Anstead. Without knowing more details, it certainly raises more questions than it answers.

Thinking
05-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Yes, but is it just me in thinking that the police are alluding to something 'unusual' that happened in that area/roundabout?

Otherwise, how would anyone remember a particular car just driving through at the same time? It's an impossible task but then, I guess it's worth asking. There might be someone with a prodigious memory for detail who just remembers one of the cars.

Yes I'm glad you said this, because this is definitely the feeling I got. It seems as though something unusual must have happened, that someone might remember (but mightn't have thought originally that it would be connected to this case) - otherwise as you say, who would remember any other car at that roundabout? I go through it every day and never notice anyone else (hopefully not an indication of my driving skills :))

As you say though, I guess the question is worth asking, you never know, it just might jog someone's memory.

mountainhigh
05-02-2012, 07:51 AM
I must be seeing things, I'm sure I just read on here that someone saw on sky news that an arrest was made? But I can't see it, and nothing online yet....

Yes, the century 21 office was originally just up from the round about, but I believe in the last few years, it was up next to the coffee club. Until moving to taringa.

WOW! that got me moving!
No the title on sky news is BADEN-CLAY ARREST but its not actully an arrest, just the way these cheeky buggers word things....:( :(

just a recap of todays press conference with Det Ainsworth basically

ozprincessinoz
05-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't people, even the guilty, use the media to ask for information. I don't recall GBC using the media to ask for information about Allison's disappearance during the 10/11 days she was missing. (I may be wrong and have missed it)
Assuming GBC is guilty, he will find the green sweatshirt and tracksuits he may be wearing at Arthur Gorrie or Brisbane Correctional Centre, a casual change from the yellow suit jacket from Century 21.
There is always protective custody if he finds the general population inside too harsh.

BrisbaneGirl
I must be seeing things, I'm sure I just read on here that someone saw on sky news that an arrest was made? But I can't see it, and nothing online yet....

Yes, the century 21 office was originally just up from the round about, but I believe in the last few years, it was up next to the coffee club. Until moving to taringa.
Must be seeing things lol, but it won't be long, he would have intense police presence around him justb waitig for the call to bring him in, I would say the police are working around the clock to piece this together with the forensic teams and the prosecuter, even though law and order is a show, it is still correct that they all need permission to make arrests and the prosecuter needs to be sure the case will stick. GBC will not be surprised whn they come and get him but my bet is he will stay silent, we will never hear from him, his lawyers will do all the talking from here on in and he will be used as a girlfriend in jail in the showers

Sixsence
Good evening all,

A couple of things to add from a first time poster. I have been following this case and this website with an obsessive interest for a couple of reasons. Firstly my family and I live in the area and our children attend the same school as the Baden Clay children.
Like most I have no doubt that GBC is guilty and if he is not then he has done an amazing job of convincing the public that he is. His interview was the most pathetic attempt of acting that I have ever seen including hours of home and away in my youth. Judging by his parents efforts in front of the camera I don't think there is much acting talent in the family.
My wife called me several months ago to tell me of a sleazy guy that had approached her and she only mentioned it as she said he had a huge creep factor about him. No guessing as to who it turned out to be. Have also been told by a close friend that he had a mark under his eye on the Thursday morning so the aggression in the house may have been escalating.
I can not imagine why he would have been driving anywhere near the roundabout considering rafting ground road is so close unless there was a mid trip change of mind regarding where to dispose of Allison.
I believe he has bought the barrister on to achieve 2 things. Firstly to minimize the charge and sentence when the confession comes and secondly to manage the story that is released surrounding the circumstances of her death. He will certainly be he'll bent on convincing as many people as possible that her death was an accident which was followed by some hasty decisions that were panic driven. For his children's sake he will be surly trying to minimize his already damaged profile through this.
On a final note my heart aches for Allison's children and parents. I do not believe that there are accidents that result in death of a domestic nature. His selfish and gutless nature has robbed three beautiful innocent girls of a mother and her parents of their daughter.
I pray that they gain normality in their lives at some point.

ozprincessinoz
05-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't people, even the guilty, use the media to ask for information. I don't recall GBC using the media to ask for information about Allison's disappearance during the 10/11 days she was missing. (I may be wrong and have missed it)
Assuming GBC is guilty, he will find the green sweatshirt and tracksuits he may be wearing at Arthur Gorrie or Brisbane Correctional Centre, a casual change from the yellow suit jacket from Century 21.
There is always protective custody if he finds the general population inside too harsh.

indogwetrust
05-02-2012, 08:02 AM
It's hard to say what someone would be thinking in this situation, but certainly very possible. I guess the more pertinent question is why he would be going this way in the first place as going via the roundabout is not the quickest or least conspicuous way to get from their house to Anstead. Without knowing more details, it certainly raises more questions than it answers.

Tells me that this was something out of their control. Yep, the preffered path would be via Rafting ground rd, but something has happened and like we were saying earlier, the police seem to be alluding that Allison was alive at that point.

alicat
05-02-2012, 08:02 AM
If I was in his situation (presuming he's guilty) and know the police are hot on his tracks I would be aiming for an overdose. It sounds harsh, especially for the children, but I would see it as the only way out.

**For the record, I have no intention to kill anyone**

crissyz
05-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Do we think that the lawyers know the truth? (if he is guilty of course)

Thinking
05-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Just trying to get my head around the timeline...

Do we know for sure that the children were definitely at home that night? I still think that they most probably hold the key.

Poor little things, if any of them heard or noticed anything it just makes me shudder, no child should have to go through what they are going through and will continue to go through.

Were they definitely home? There doesn't seem to have been much said about their whereabouts, or whether Allison had put them to bed etc.

alicat
05-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Yeah I reckon they do, otherwise they know he's lying and milking him for everything he's got!

Thinking
05-02-2012, 08:09 AM

They probably know, but they don't want him to tell them. If he tells them he did it, they have a duty to the court to be honest. So, they will probably tell him not to make any admissions to them. I think this is how it works with criminal lawyers. Anyone know more about this?

indogwetrust
Hey wait a minute!

We're assuming that (whoever it was) did go down Moggill rd via the roundabout. What if they didn't - instead, went straight ahead then doubled back for some reason. Who knows the circumstances, tracked back and then went via rafting ground.

A shop owner at Kenmore plaza was questioned about whether their cctv saw Allison's car in the carpark. But this was in the early days of the search.

BrisbaneGirl
If I was in his situation (presuming he's guilty) and know the police are hot on his tracks I would be aiming for an overdose. It sounds harsh, especially for the children, but I would see it as the only way out.

**For the record, I have no intention to kill anyone**
I fully agree, I just hope if he does it he doesnt take the 3 girls with him as he is obviously a coward, I have a bad feeling he will feel that they are better with him and take thme with him if he goes down that avenue. I just wish the cops would hurry up and get them out of there, this is one point I definitely do not want to be right about

Couldbe
I guess the more pertinent question is why he would be going this way in the first place as going via the roundabout is not the quickest or least conspicuous way to get from their house to Anstead. Without knowing more details, it certainly raises more questions than it answers.

Wonder why the 11.30pm to 4am timeframe! Surely a tighter timeframe would be more significant. Could this be to include a return trip?

RumourSquasher
05-02-2012, 08:11 AM
This is my first time here and I was prompted to join to try and squash rumours that I know to be totally wrong. I have only caught up to page 37 so far this evening but feel compelled to comment re the 'close female friend'. The lady name here in relation to C21 and now RE/MAX is 100% NOT involved. She is also aware of the comments here and understandably distressed at both the association and the unkind personal comments about her appearance. She is a lovely lady and her name and reputation should not be tarnished. In case you are wondering, I personally know all of the people involved so know what I am talking about.

There are some great insights on here but please, please do not refer to this lady again as being the 'close female friend'.

mountainhigh
Good evening all,

A couple of things to add from a first time poster. I have been following this case and this website with an obsessive interest for a couple of reasons. Firstly my family and I live in the area and our children attend the same school as the Baden Clay children.
Like most I have no doubt that GBC is guilty and if he is not then he has done an amazing job of convincing the public that he is. His interview was the most pathetic attempt of acting that I have ever seen including hours of home and away in my youth. Judging by his parents efforts in front of the camera I don't think there is much acting talent in the family.
My wife called me several months ago to tell me of a sleazy guy that had approached her and she only mentioned it as she said he had a huge creep factor about him. No guessing as to who it turned out to be. Have also been told by a close friend that he had a mark under his eye on the Thursday morning so the aggression in the house may have been escalating.
I can not imagine why he would have been driving anywhere near the roundabout considering rafting ground road is so close unless there was a mid trip change of mind regarding where to dispose of Allison.
I believe he has bought the barrister on to achieve 2 things. Firstly to minimize the charge and sentence when the confession comes and secondly to manage the story that is released surrounding the circumstances of her death. He will certainly be he'll bent on convincing as many people as possible that her death was an accident which was followed by some hasty decisions that were panic driven. For his children's sake he will be surly trying to minimize his already damaged profile through this.
On a final note my heart aches for Allison's children and parents. I do not believe that there are accidents that result in death of a domestic nature. His selfish and gutless nature has robbed three beautiful innocent girls of a mother and her parents of their daughter.
I pray that they gain normality in their lives at some point.

Top Thread!
He slimingly flirted with my wife a few years ago during a transaction, once even in front of me!
If it was George Clooney I may have had reason to worry! But Please!... We just laughed..but pretty creepy and strange all the same Dillusional & Grandiose come to mind..
And here we are 3 years later.

indogwetrust
Yeah I reckon they do, otherwise they know he's lying and milking him for everything he's got!

yeah I reckon they do too, hence the senior counsel as previously discussed.

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 08:13 AM
The lawyers would be fully aware, this is their field of specialty, these type of lawyers are not doing home settlements or civil actions in the local court, they are the big guns when the SH one T hits the fan. They would play along as a realestate agent will play along when someone says " thats my highest offer" but deep down they made a deal with the devil way back and it is all about the dollar sign with these guys. Im not even exagerating, this is the cold hard facts, ask any cop on the quiet what they thik about this topic and they will tell you the same thing

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 08:15 AM
In the photo of GBC in the car, am I seeing things or are there scratches on his arm just above the end of the sleeve?? Just under his right eye looks like a scratch that's been covered with make-up.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/devastated-dad-hires-a-barrister/story-e6freoof-1226344169693

Yes! I have some graphic design experience and I tried something and it worked. The photo online is very pale and washed out but the techniques i used increase the contrast and if you exaggerate certain colour techniques what will happen is this - it can't create marks that aren't there but it will show marks that are there and it does show a scar very close to the right eye - like a scratch very near the eye that has become a welt - perhaps what would happen if someone was absolutely clawing?

The hand is also interesting, yes there are small scratches showing above the cuff, but also the hand has blotchy red marks on it near the knuckles and fairly large ones above the wrist - as if the top of his hand has been not only scratched but perhaps held onto and pulled - but he has pulled harder and the hands pulling on his have lost their grip. Or there may be another explanation depending on what he actually did. But I am definitely thinking there has been some sort of mild trauma to the hand and perhaps more serious scratches elsewhere from what others are saying, plus the disguised welt on his face.

(Note: I alert you to Keyboredoms post disputing my theory here about the photo - and my response a few posts further down. In the interests of accuracy and not going overboard I agree Keyboredom does have a point - although i don't agree totally)

I agree, I think we are very close to an arrest, and maybe all of us here are closer to putting it together as a whole - maybe with some gaps, but from everything we have discussed over this last 10 days or so, i believe many of us could put together something quite close to what actually occurred, with of course missing bits due to our own lack of information. I feel sad for everyone involved, mainly for Allison, the girls and her parents of course. But I also look at him and I see him as pathetic - however that is being kind I guess. If he did it, sadly, he is evil.

Sixsence
05-02-2012, 08:30 AM
Apparently the authorities have been looking at video footage from local supermarkets to find out who has been buying gloves that match the type found near the site.
Interesting

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Yes! I have some graphic design experience and I tried something and it worked. The photo online is very pale and washed out but the techniques i used increase the contrast and if you exaggerate certain colour techniques what will happen is this - it can't create marks that aren't there but it will show marks that are there and it does show a scar very close to the right eye - like a scratch very near the eye that has become a welt - perhaps what would happen if someone was absolutely clawing?

The hand is also interesting, yes there are small scratches showing above the cuff, but also the hand has blotchy red marks on it near the knuckles and fairly large ones above the wrist - as if the top of his hand has been not only scratched but perhaps held onto and pulled - but he has pulled harder and the hands pulling on his have lost their grip. Or there may be another explanation depending on what he actually did. But I am definitely thinking there has been some sort of mild trauma to the hand and perhaps more serious scratches elsewhere from what others are saying, plus the disguised welt on his face.

I agree, I think we are very close to an arrest, and maybe all of us here are closer to putting it together as a whole - maybe with some gaps, but from everything we have discussed over this last 10 days or so, i believe many of us could put together something quite close to what actually occurred, with of course missing bits due to our own lack of information. I feel sad for everyone involved, mainly for Allison, the girls and her parents of course. But I also look at him and I see him as pathetic - however that is being kind I guess. If he did it, sadly, he is evil.

I don't mean to question your graphic design skills, but starting with a low res image and playing with contrast and saturation is not a reliable way to highlight imperfections on human flesh - the imperfections you're finding will be mostly lack of quality pixels in the source image. Trying to paint a picture of what might have happened CSI style needs a lot more evidence than a courier mail pic! There is NO WAY you can identify his hands have experienced mild trauma as described. Don't think the police are going to refer to this forum to say it cracked the case before they did, but I admire your confidence.

One thing that is probably correct, regardless of what else is proven about him, is descriptions of Gerard Baden-Clay by people who know him do seem to prove he is pathetic.

mountainhigh
05-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Apparently the authorities have been looking at video footage from local supermarkets to find out who has been buying gloves that match the type found near the site.
Interesting

well that would def be pre meditated then! RAT...

indogwetrust
Interesting

That would imply some level of premeditation, unless whatever happened before the supermarkets close at 9pm?

For someone to deliberately buy those gloves ahead of the incident?

itsthevibe
This is my first time here and I was prompted to join to try and squash rumours that I know to be totally wrong. I have only caught up to page 37 so far this evening but feel compelled to comment re the 'close female friend'. The lady name here in relation to C21 and now RE/MAX is 100% NOT involved. She is also aware of the comments here and understandably distressed at both the association and the unkind personal comments about her appearance. She is a lovely lady and her name and reputation should not be tarnished. In case you are wondering, I personally know all of the people involved so know what I am talking about.

There are some great insights on here but please, please do not refer to this lady again as being the 'close female friend'.

It's a very long thread but while there may have been one person who actually alluded to something about the appearance in a tactless way, others referred to age. I'm not sure if you noticed but i did do a post a few pages back about this, and wanted to ensure people perhaps dropped any focus which would lead to this woman who is not the correct woman. I did Google the original, incorrect name mentioned and i can see she is an attractive, vibrant, well groomed woman who looks like a lovely person - well as much as a photo can tell but i dont think anyone would disagree if they saw it. Please apologise to her - there may be one or two who were tactless but i dont think anyone has had any nasty intent and I'm sure people are now taking a bit more care. I realise this would be upsetting for her.

alicat
05-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Interesting

Mmm I wonder if they used their flybuys card? They track purchases.

alicat
05-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Interesting

Wow, it may really be an OJ Simpson case 'the glove doesn't fit me.'

alicat
05-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Someone asked about Allison's siblings - it looks as though she does have a brother.

"My daughter went to school with Allison's brother," the former neighbour said.

http://www.thereporter.com.au/story/2012/05/01/body-kohlo-creek-allison-baden-clay/

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Keyboredom you may be right, I may have overreacted, but I dont totally agree in that I dont think it can only be because of lack of quality pixels. Having done something similar with photos of myself and people i know, it has indeed highlighted markings that were actually there, not created what looks like marks that are not actually there at all on the person. However i concede my version is certainly not conclusive, it could also be as you say.

Hillsdon
05-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Husband thinks that there is no need for him to use gloves. However wouldn't his DNA be inside the gloves?

indogwetrust
05-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Husband thinks that there is no need for him to use gloves. However wouldn't his DNA be inside the gloves?

when I heard about the gloves I immediately thought of GBC, bc on his blog he watches a lot of James Bond movies and he's obviously a bit drama himself.

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Keyboredom you may be right, I may have overreacted, but I dont totally agree in that I dont think it can only be because of lack of quality pixels. Having done something similar with photos of myself and people i know, it has indeed highlighted markings that were actually there, not created what looks like marks that are not actually there at all on the person. However i concede my version is certainly not conclusive, it could also be as you say.

Hopefully the police have high res undoctored photos of anyone who's of interest :)

Berry
05-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Wow, it may really be an OJ Simpson case 'the glove doesn't fit me.'

I do think that would be a great catch for pre meditated by seeing the perp buying gloves.

However IMO I feel it would have been well after the fact of the crime happened 'in the heat of the moment at home', with other cohorts committed to assist in the disposal factor of this dead body.
JMO

alicat
05-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Just saw Gerard's profile on fb - such cute little girls :(

Looks like the real estate page again - dad's on there, sister is ... oh and mum too but no Allison.

alicat
05-02-2012, 08:54 AM
when I heard about the gloves I immediately thought of GBC, bc on his blog he watches a lot of James Bond movies and he's obviously a bit drama himself.

He also likes Tom Cruise movies from what I've read.

mountainhigh
05-02-2012, 08:59 AM

Looks like the real estate page again - dad's on there, sister is ... oh and mum too but no Allison.

A tradegy to think that this woman had to endure this &*$#@ and the clampets for 15 years of her life. Her only reward and gift were the 3 little girls and now she's been robbed of 40-50 years watching them grow. And what the girls have now been robbed of is unimaginable

Gorecki
05-02-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm hearing that they didn't get prints off the body and COD is yet to be determined. This is upsetting.

Just going to go on a rant now: The man needs to fess up. Now. We're all over it.

Political Tangent Rant - I'm also sick of seeing the LNP support sticker in shots of one of the cars. IMO it's an insult to the government, the LNP and the people who support them. The LNP needs to distance themselves from this whole thing if they know what's good for them. If GBC is guilty, the shots of that car with that LNP support sticker are burnt into my retinas that's for sure. Flegg ought to hang his head in shame for even going near that house before getting the facts. Why didn't they close ranks around the Dickies? Something really stinks about the whole political "boys club" association.

To whomever killed ABC: You're wasting everyone's time and taxpayers money to preserve your own bs credibility. Nobody gives a ***** about you buddy. This town WILL close ranks around the Dickies and ALLISON's three daughters and drive you out like the snivelling spineless rat you are. You know eventually they will get you. They got Daniel Morcombe's killer. And he literally vanished without a trace. If a trial doesn't get you, a coronial inquest will. This isn't Sydney or Melbourne where this case gets buried under the mountain of gang-land crime. We will never forget. Justice will be served.
/End Rant

mountainhigh
05-02-2012, 09:00 AM

dear o dear say no more. another wack job

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 09:10 AM

And plenty of LNP / politicians. They all deserve each other. Oh and mum only gets a first name hybrid of her and her husband ... Maybe bwana-banana doesn't let all womenfolk have their own Facebook presence.

indogwetrust
05-02-2012, 09:13 AM
I pray (and I'm not religious) that they lay charges before the funeral.

alicat
05-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Has the ex-worker's name been made public?

Couldbe
05-02-2012, 09:39 AM
GBC's Parents collected the tribute cards from the Brookfield Rd home today...Link:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8460788/police-appeal-for-baden-clay-clues

Are they still just trying to be normal about this terrible crime!

possumheart
05-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Would like the link to GBC's facebook page

alicat
05-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Would like the link to GBC's facebook page

I dont know if I'm allowed to post it?

Nads
05-02-2012, 09:47 AM
You just search his name while you are in Facebook. But you have to LIKE him to see photos. You really want to like him?

alicat
05-02-2012, 09:47 AM
You just search his name while you are in Facebook. But you have to LIKE him to see photos. You really want to like him?

There is one of the family on there. You don't have to like him to see it.

Nads
05-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Oh, it said there were no photos when I tried.

Nads
05-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Ah, there are two pages. One may be fake then, or both.

Cccclllaareb
05-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I couldnt see them when i tried either, on either of the two. he might have changed his privacy settings anyway. wow i feel so stalkerish :-|

Berry
05-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Crime is very serious here in Brisbane, trust me, someone will be arrested soon. This crime has been seriously and doggedly pursued from day 0 when it was established by the first police observances of the house/home visit that resonded to the first call.

Personally I have experienced this (from family information provided due to my ignorance of the facts and being unconscious) in intensive care trying to survive a severe head injury from subdural haematomas.

South African Dutch Rhodesian ex army perp with a recent economics degree who had a very short fuse. Police were dogged in finding him after he rang girlfiend to help move me (the unconscious body) back to my house whilst he kept my car.handbag.wallet etc.............silly quick removal off his property. He went to gaol for 4yrs. Only because I survived and people were looking for me and found me.

alicat
05-02-2012, 10:09 AM
I couldnt see them when i tried either, on either of the two. he might have changed his privacy settings anyway. wow i feel so stalkerish :-|

Look at the one without his face on it. There should be two photos there.

alicat
05-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Ah, there are two pages. One may be fake then, or both.

I doubt its fake (unlike the rest of his lies). The one with the profile pic has friends like his sister, mum and dad. From what I could see no pashing photos of the oldies. His sister seems to have been in the army.

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Crime is very serious here in Brisbane, trust me, someone will be arrested soon. This crime has been seriously and doggedly pursued from day 0 when it was established by the first police observances of the house/home visit that resonded to the first call.

Personally I have experienced this (from family information provided due to my ignorance of the facts and being unconscious) in intensive care trying to survive a severe head injury from subdural haematomas.

South African Dutch Rhodesian ex army perp with a recent economics degree who had a very short fuse. Police were dogged in finding him after he rang girlfiend to help move me (the unconscious body) back to my house whilst he kept my car.handbag.wallet etc.............silly quick removal off his property. He went to gaol for 4yrs. Only because I survived and people were looking for me and found me.

Sorry to hear what you went through. If this case is upsetting for you I can certainly understand. Your description of the guy made me wonder if his surname was Baden-Clay, but i realise it doesn't totally match.

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm really puzzled, if it's true that people from local supermarkets have been questioned in relation to the gloves possibly being purchased there. Either it was premeditated and the gloves were used to commit the murder, which would explain why there were no prints found on her neck, or the gloves were used for the cleanup of the car. But that doesn't make sense if the gloves were found near the body or hot zone (unless the plan was to do the cleanup of the car before returning home.)

This is really getting frustrating and also a bit worrying to think they mightn't get enough evidence to convict anyone.

I have no idea what I think happened now.

angel1
05-02-2012, 10:38 AM
would anyone happen to have the link to the part where it says about the authorities checking video footage from local supermarkets please? I just searched google and the queensland police service page on facebook and i can't find anything. The only thing i can find about gloves is the part where they found the sim card, pile of rubbish and the gloves while searching.

Bella66
05-02-2012, 10:45 AM
New story for the day:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/police-say-they-have-open-mind-as-hunt-for-clues-over-allison-baden-clays-murder-intensifies/story-e6freoof-1226345241012

BrizzychickinUSA
05-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Just trying to get my head around the timeline...

Do we know for sure that the children were definitely at home that night? I still think that they most probably hold the key.

Poor little things, if any of them heard or noticed anything it just makes me shudder, no child should have to go through what they are going through and will continue to go through.

Were they definitely home? There doesn't seem to have been much said about their whereabouts, or whether Allison had put them to bed etc.

Right...so thats why the kids and him are shacked up with his parents....He is hiding the kids from being asked questions....Wont let the kids see Allisons parents cos they will ask them questions....yes....if all this murdering was going on - who was looking after the kids???? Maybe GBC's sister was at home minding the kids????

Cccclllaareb
05-02-2012, 10:54 AM
The only talk I've heard about gloves from police/news is that they found them, nothing more than that.

GBC did take the 3 girls to spend time with Allison's parents, on more than one occasion now. In all fairness they might not be feeling in the best state to be caring for the 3 girls full time just yet.

Cccclllaareb
05-02-2012, 10:59 AM
As a few others have said, where WERE the children that night?!! I think thats pretty key, and there would be good reasons why that bit of info has been kept on the low-down.

*sigh* i really hope they can gather all the bits and pieces they need to resolve this, and asap :-( It's worrying isn't it. Feels so close but so far.

truthseeker12
05-02-2012, 11:03 AM
The police have interviewed the Mistress 3 times, see above link posted by bella66 (courier mail article).

The Superintendent said 'we will arrest the person who did this'

on analysis of what he said there, I am thinking that there is 1 person and they know who it is...let's hope that the police can get enough hard evidence.

I am no longer going to assume, GBC could very well be innocent in the sense that he may not be the killer

It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds

mouse detective
05-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Interesting that GBC stated that his children's welfare was his biggest priority. I wonder if in addition to hiring a solicitor and barrister, he has hired psychologists for his kids?

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 11:05 AM
This case is starting to get to me. I mean really get to me. I am still quite worried they are not going to get conclusive enough evidence to either convict, or even charge someone. This leaves us to a never ending discussion of the possibilities, or to just put it aside and move on and forget about trying to discover or decipher what happened forever.

I hope the forensics have revealed some helpful information. The idea of someone getting away with this crime really scares me.

What a nightmare.

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 11:11 AM
The police have interviewed the Mistress 3 times, see above link posted by bella66 (courier mail article).

The Superintendent said 'we will arrest the person who did this'

on analysis of what he said there, I am thinking that there is 1 person and they know who it is...let's hope that the police can get enough hard evidence.

I am no longer going to assume, GBC could very well be innocent in the sense that he may not be the killer

It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds

I did think maybe Allison and GBC had a fight, then Allison drove off to go and confront the mistress, then the mistress killed her and GBC came and helped dispose of the body once he knew. But it doesnt explain the scratches on his face, chest, and possibly forearms. Re the scratches, I wonder how his parents and sister think they were caused? Wouldnt they be wondering too?

Can't wait to hear what others think about this, including early risers who are probably in bed right now.

Cccclllaareb
05-02-2012, 11:15 AM
I believe the police know who, but knowing and proving are two different matters aren't they. Still, I think there's plenty of reasons to remain optimistic. We only know the bits and pieces we are fed, the police have a more detailed picture.

I'm going to start trying harder to keep an open mind (easier said than done!), and not get too sucked in to all the bs.

Cccclllaareb
05-02-2012, 11:21 AM
I did think maybe Allison and GBC had a fight, then Allison drove off to go and confront the mistress, then the mistress killed her and GBC came and helped dispose of the body once he knew. But it doesnt explain the scratches on his face, chest, and possibly forearms. Re the scratches, I wonder how his parents and sister think they were caused? Wouldnt they be wondering too?

Can't wait to hear what others think about this, including early risers who are probably in bed right now.

I actually can't stop wondering what his parents and sister must think about the whole THING! If he really does have scratches all over the place there must be some serious whispering going on between the walls of that house. One scratch on your face is strange enough, I dont recall a 'fall' that has ever resulted in a scratch on my face.

Bobbie Elliott
05-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Great minds Nads!!

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 11:22 AM

Allison comes across, based on what I've read of her and on her photos, as innately refined and sensitive. She has a 'wanting to please' expression in many of her photos, imo. A high achiever, apparently. Disciplined too, if learning five or more languages and studing ballet are anything to go by. So I'm inclined to suspect she would choose to leave the marriage and build a new life with the children, rather than drive around in the middle of the night for an argument with a mistress

mouse detective
05-02-2012, 11:28 AM

What if the scratches were caused by the mistress prior to that night which was the cause of a row between them. Following this ABC went to confront the other woman which resulted in her death. The Mistress may be saying that ABC drive off after a confrontation and does not know what happened to her after that point.

Police now have to determine if it was him or the mistress - but this would be harder if he is refusing to make any formal statements to them.

I am curious to know if anyone know if the car was in the family driveway the next morning or if was discovered elsewhere.

If he is innocent - he will be sentenced to life for having that affair.

Curiousasacat
05-02-2012, 11:54 AM
dear o dear say no more. another wack job

He also says he likes to watch chick flicks with his beautiful wife : (

BrizzychickinUSA
05-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Well I asked an 'official' who is somewhat close to the case if my family back home living in Kenmore Brookfield, and Jindalee areas should be worried about going out at night with this 'weirdo killer' possibly still lurking in the area....and, are they going to 'warn' residents of dangers etc? I was told there has not and will not be a warning...as the police know who is responsible for ABC disappearance and that I have no reason to worry about my family back in Australia/Brisbane....

hmmm....I thought that was interesting.....I cant/wont say who or what role this person has but their statement gave me an assurance that its obviously just a matter of time before an arrest will be made.

Interesting some described this guy [GBC] as a womanizer....about 6 years ago I think him and his wife were clients of mine....so remember the name...so remember some ****** trying to con me on one minute, then blast the living sh@@ out of me the next....remember looking at the wife and noting how nervous she appeared..actually shaking as she spoke....'so under the thumb' - But then again...half my clients were psycho bipolar tossers - so I could be wrong....

As for his fb friends....I think his 'notable Polly' friends were just a front for trying to prove he is really not a ****** but is actually 'in' with the 'right' crowd.....doubt they are real face to face friends....

his sister was/is in the forces...she went to adfa...My guess is that she nor their parents have NO IDEA of their brothers dark moments....but possibly do suspect something....it really must be horrible for them....

Could GBc have access to many vacant properties considering he is C21 hot shot....??

Curiousasacat
05-02-2012, 12:10 PM
I am so annoyed.... I was reading the QLD police site on facebook and I found something very,very interesting. There was a comment made that seems to be VERY important but the comment has been deleted. I will copy and paste what is left.
Ok, so just went back to find it and it's all gone : (
Under the subject of the Strathpine lady and of Allison.
Someone had made a comment(that I never saw) people were then commenting on what great news that was. QLD police tagged her and asked that she call crimestoppers. The lady then commented that she would,thought it was not important but now realizes that it was important. She said "it just seemed so strange" So this lady is a witness to something she saw, I am assuming it was at the roundabout???

Sorry to be so vague but maybe someone else read it and can explain???

Bobbie Elliott
05-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Well I asked an 'official' who is somewhat close to the case if my family back home living in Kenmore Brookfield, and Jindalee areas should be worried about going out at night with this 'weirdo killer' possibly still lurking in the area....and, are they going to 'warn' residents of dangers etc? I was told there has not and will not be a warning...as the police know who is responsible for ABC disappearance and that I have no reason to worry about my family back in Australia/Brisbane....

hmmm....I thought that was interesting.....I cant/wont say who or what role this person has but their statement gave me an assurance that its obviously just a matter of time before an arrest will be made.

Interesting some described this guy [GBC] as a womanizer....about 6 years ago I think him and his wife were clients of mine....so remember the name...so remember some ****** trying to con me on one minute, then blast the living sh@@ out of me the next....remember looking at the wife and noting how nervous she appeared..actually shaking as she spoke....'so under the thumb' - But then again...half my clients were psycho bipolar tossers - so I could be wrong....

As for his fb friends....I think his 'notable Polly' friends were just a front for trying to prove he is really not a ****** but is actually 'in' with the 'right' crowd.....doubt they are real face to face friends....

his sister was/is in the forces...she went to adfa...My guess is that she nor their parents have NO IDEA of their brothers dark moments....but possibly do suspect something....it really must be horrible for them....

Could GBc have access to many vacant properties considering he is C21 hot shot....??

The Allison that you and others describe isn't the same Allison who married GBP 15 years ago. To get to a senior position like Allison's with FlightCentres, a person would need to be very clever, decisive, ambitious, dynamic & above all tough. The newly-married Allison and her husband seemed to have everything going for them.

The Allison of 2012 seemed more like a mousey down-trodden housefrau & soccer-mom equivalent living in "relative poverty" and domestic violence. Please note that I mean poor in relation to their expectations and peers.

It is usual for perpetrators of domestic abuse (physical &/or emotional) to seriously erode the self worth of their victim to the point that the victim feels helpless & unable to remove themself from their toxic situation. The victim comes believe that they themself are the cause of domestic problems.

BrizzychickinUSA
05-02-2012, 02:01 PM
The Allison that you and others describe isn't the same Allison who married GBP 15 years ago. To get to a senior position like Allison's with FlightCentres, a person would need to be very clever, decisive, ambitious, dynamic & above all tough. The newly-married Allison and her husband seemed to have everything going for them.

The Allison of 2012 seemed more like a mousey down-trodden housefrau & soccer-mom equivalent living in "relative poverty" and domestic violence. Please note that I mean poor in relation to their expectations and peers.

It is usual for perpetrators of domestic abuse (physical &/or emotional) to seriously erode the self worth of their victim to the point that the victim feels helpless & unable to remove themself from their toxic situation. The victim comes believe that they themself are the cause of domestic problems.

Absolutely my point....this women did look like a victim of domestic violence...eroded from being told she had no worth....I remember the incident quite clearly as I mentioned something to one of my collegues at the time after my meeting with them....she was lovely and was making a lot of sense asking important questions and yet her husband was speaking over her....which would make her appear shy & intimidated ....but it may have been some other couple.....it was a long time ago....its just the name I remember so vividly....and my clients did all come from that area....I remember his first name more than anything as its the same as a very special person I knew

marlywings
05-02-2012, 04:37 PM
With the talk of GBC crashing that car on the Sunday, supposedly to cover injuries he already had, he was on his way to visit police. Wouldn't police have hauled him in for questioning on the Friday or Saturday, why wait until Sunday to question him, & why would GBC wait until then to crash the car... especially if the first attending police noted scratches when he reported Allison missing??

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 04:45 PM

I think you should get some sleep. The lack of a quick arrest is frustrating, but you do understand this is a person's life the police have in their hands, and whoever the person charged turns out to be, they're going to have representation intent on picking holes in the defence and evidence. They're going to quote forums like this to prove people can't get a fair trial when "angry mobs intent on their destruction" are rife on the internet (or some appropriate shocking and flowery language that justifies $800 per hour invoices).

Just because us armchair detectives haven't cracked the case in a couple of weeks, you can rest assured 25 career detectives are going to fry the miserable piece of ***** that committed this crime.

Gerard Baden-Clay's alleged mistress would probably drop her Target lingerie in horror at your hypothesis. Going from having such poor form to allow that little dweeb to be intimate with her, to now being implicated as involved in a murder, that's a huge leap and very unlikely scenario.

Who knows, police evidence may turn out to support some of the more fanciful John Le Carrre style conjecture on here, but I really think people should wait for some form of evidence and try, as hard as it may be, to stick to some facts, and read into what police are saying.

The latest development in their language is that they will find "the person" who did this. I think it is ok based on that, to assume they have narrowed it down to someone operating alone. Whether they have narrowed it down to a single prime suspect isn't clear from that, but it's extremely likely they have. Just look at the language being used, which has evolved over the last week or so.

On the subject of Allison's likely movements, a picture of her domestic life is only possible if you either knew her or are prepared to believe much of the commentary on here. Based on what I've heard about Allison from locals I trust, I personally believe she was a victim of domestic abuse (of some description) and that she probably remained in her relationship for the benefit of her children. Based on her confidence and sense of self-worth having been eroded, I really can't imagine her running around late at night to confront others who had the poor judgment to have at some stage been involved with Gerard Baden-Clay. You could claim she 'cracked' (a very delayed reaction to the alleged affair) but in my mind Allison would have gone and tucked her daughters in and tried to sleep through the night to start another day without having to be in the same house as Mister "I'm Just A Little Bit Hurt".

Whether I am right or not (and I'm not sure) rest assured police will have a very clear picture of her domestic situation. They have numerous people keen to make sure they know exactly what her life was like, if for nothing else to try to explain her death.

Completely separately, they have to gather enough EVIDENCE to charge someone with her murder. Being a ****** husband and annoying w*nker does not prove you are a murderer, and neither does having a self-obsessed victim mentality when being interviewed, or engaging legal representation, or having what appears on the surface to be an obnoxious and unlikeable family.

Police are not letting most of the useful information out, but they know a lot about what happened in an around Allison's house on the night of her disappearance. You just don't enter Brookfield and expect respect for your privacy, the type of conjecture going on in here is like everyday chats at Brookfield. The challenge for police is extracting the facts that can be proven. You can be totally sure they're in the process of doing that. Proof of either vehicle movements or drivers, and Allison's mobile phone, are probably the items that will conclude the major evidence needed. These are major details they've been looking for pretty much since Day 1.

I'm just like you and want to see the person responsible reduced to a pile of worthless rubbish rotting in a jail cell. I'd still implore people to try to keep fanciful stories with absolutely zero factual basis out of the discussion.

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 05:04 PM
And plenty of LNP / politicians. They all deserve each other. Oh and mum only gets a first name hybrid of her and her husband ... Maybe bwana-banana doesn't let all womenfolk have their own Facebook presence.
What did the poor humble banana do to get associated with these bottom dwellers

True
05-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Real Estate Agents are bottom feeders. You have to lie in that job and there are no exceptions. The better they are at it, the more of a psychopath they are. I've rented all my life up until 10 years ago and we have bought 2 properties. She told us what a good price we got the last time, then printed in her flyer that the owners got a record price for their home. We paid too much, we knew we did, but we loved the property, but seeing her lie to our faces and using the lie in her advertising campaign made my blood boil. You need "special" qualities to be an estate agent. Most of them network and their social skills have to be honed to present a false self that shows they can be trusted. No doubt this snake is using every trick in the book to portray himself to be innocent. Unfortunately though, in his effort to lie perfectly he will leave stones unturned when it comes to evidence. Only a matter of time and they will have him.

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 05:10 PM
well that would def be pre meditated then! RAT...
I don't think police are looking to see if HE bought the gloves but rather if the same gloves were bought in the normal shop which would show they were in the house. Allison could have very well bought them in her normal shop and now they are missing from the house, good point in an earlier post about fly buys, if she used a store card like FB or Woolworths then it would definitely register, maybe this is something that could prompt them to check this as Im not sure how up to speed the Forensic unit would be on how much people love their frequent flyer points. If they show as the same as a pair Allison bought and now they are missing, then this would be yet another piece of evidence to show cause, just my opinion

marlywings
05-02-2012, 05:11 PM
The latest development in their language is that they will find "the person" who did this. I think it is ok based on that, to assume they have narrowed it down to someone operating alone. Whether they have narrowed it down to a single prime suspect isn't clear from that, but it's extremely likely they have. Just look at the language being used, which has evolved over the last week or so.

"We're putting in the hours, we're doing everything we can to identify the offender or offenders and . . . we do have a level of confidence that we will arrest the person responsible for Allison's death," Supt Ainsworth said.

"We're not narrowing in on anyone. We're keeping an open mind and we've got to run our investigation in a professional manner to ensure that every piece of information is examined and run out thoroughly."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/police-say-they-have-open-mind-as-hunt-for-clues-over-allison-baden-clays-murder-intensifies/story-e6freoof-1226345241012

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Are we to expect Oprah on the jury and couch jumping at the trial........

marlywings
05-02-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm just like you and want to see the person responsible reduced to a pile of worthless rubbish rotting in a jail cell. I'd still implore people to try to keep fanciful stories with absolutely zero factual basis out of the discussion.

I think everyone's on the same page as you Keyboredom in wanting whoever killed Allison brought to justice. With all the unknown factors it's easy for some imaginations to go on overdrive...human nature I guess.

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 05:17 PM
" . . . we do have a level of confidence that we will arrest the person responsiblefor Allison's death," Supt Ainsworth said.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that statement

BrizzychickinUSA
05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I was thinking....if she was actually out driving her car at night (thursday after 11pm) she must have been tricked into doing so....as in perhaps someone asked her to meet them urgently or pick them up they have ran out of petrol??? Then of course she would have taken her mobile with her....women dont like driving by themselves at night all that much and especially when your kids are at home in bed by themselves...She may have thought...oh well this wont take long and ill take my phone in case anything happens etc....

I wonder what was said or lie was used to get her out like that....

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 05:25 PM

I don't think the mistress would of killed her, I think more than likely there is a good possibility that Allison went to confront the mistress and GBC either followed her, to or from, intercepted her somewhere along the way ( maybe she stopped and they had a confrontation somewhere) I think the mistress will just be providing clues as the possible conversations with GBC that night or whether Allison turned up there to see if they can narrow down the time she could of possibly been killed. There is so much that the police have not told us that everything on here is just all of us trying to come uo with ideas that may or may not prompt someone to check something ie: Police may have overlooked store cards to see if gloves were purchased by Allison for normal housework and are missing now or same brand!!
There is definitely a lot of activity regarding the roundabout and GBC did hire a Barrister as well as a high profile Criminal Lawyer ( Chris Murphy must have his hands full with Matty Newton otherwise he probably would of hired him :-)
I feel there are only days and then we will be able to g back here and see how close we were, I think forums like this help with everyones grief and they can trigger ideas, I guarantee there would be police watching everything written just incase someone gets too close and to pick up ideas.
Everyones intentions on here are simply to corresponde and hope he is caught and put away for a very long time

marlywings
05-02-2012, 05:26 PM
, good point in an earlier post about fly buys, if she used a store card like FB or Woolworths then it would definitely register,

Purchases on Eftpos would show also.

Thinking
05-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Right...so thats why the kids and him are shacked up with his parents....He is hiding the kids from being asked questions....Wont let the kids see Allisons parents cos they will ask them questions....yes....if all this murdering was going on - who was looking after the kids???? Maybe GBC's sister was at home minding the kids????

I think that if they were home they would know something. I know even with my oldest (who is not as old as the oldest BC child), he would likely wake up and be peeping down the stairs if there was any sort of disturbance that didn't feel right. Not much gets past them. Awful to think they may have witnessed something.

Strangeworld
05-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Have been reading with interest in the last week, and thought I'd just pop in and say hi.

Through a friend of parents at the school, I was told that GBC's sister dropped the kids at school the day Allison was reported missing. Not necessarily normal or abnormal, given what was happening on that day, but just another piece of the puzzle.

I also think there is a HUGE amount of detail that the police are aware of that we are not. Trying to piece it together at the moment as an outsider is almost impossible. There are many rumours going around, much speculation, and too much emphasis been placed on personality traits that really don't provide much in terms of evidence. I really hope they make an arrest soon.

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 05:31 PM
What if the scratches were caused by the mistress prior to that night which was the cause of a row between them. Following this ABC went to confront the other woman which resulted in her death. The Mistress may be saying that ABC drive off after a confrontation and does not know what happened to her after that point.

Police now have to determine if it was him or the mistress - but this would be harder if he is refusing to make any formal statements to them.

I am curious to know if anyone know if the car was in the family driveway the next morning or if was discovered elsewhere.

If it was the mistress they would of had her in custody by now, no big high profile lawyers or barrister to worry about there, not as much pressure arresting her, plus the motive would be limited o her behalf and there would be a lot more activity and she does not live in a quiet acreage hiden from the eyes of the public like GBC did! Just my thought anyway, I really believe they are talking to her to confirm conversation times etc, Maybe GBC used her as an alibi at some stage and they are going back and forth building their case against a web of lies

Thinking
05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm really puzzled, if it's true that people from local supermarkets have been questioned in relation to the gloves possibly being purchased there. Either it was premeditated and the gloves were used to commit the murder, which would explain why there were no prints found on her neck, or the gloves were used for the cleanup of the car. But that doesn't make sense if the gloves were found near the body or hot zone (unless the plan was to do the cleanup of the car before returning home.)

This is really getting frustrating and also a bit worrying to think they mightn't get enough evidence to convict anyone.

I have no idea what I think happened now.

I personally think the gloves thing is a furphy. They were found with a water bottle too - noone, hurried or not, would leave such evidence behind them surely?!

Strangeworld
05-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Re the gloves, sometimes items found have to be investigated to rule them out, not rule them in. Just because investigations focus on a particular person, item, etc, like the glove, doesn't mean they think it has anything to do with the crime. But if they didn't rule them out, it could be brought up in court that all avenues weren't investigated/raise doubt.

BrizzychickinUSA
05-02-2012, 05:36 PM
I just thought of something....sort of out of a movie...but maybe GBC drove her (ABC) car deliberately past the camera on the roundabout wearing her clothes and a wig at that time of night to suggest that maybe she took off somewhere in her car after he last saw her????? When in fact she was already drugged or knocked out cold or whatever????

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 05:37 PM
With the talk of GBC crashing that car on the Sunday, supposedly to cover injuries he already had, he was on his way to visit police. Wouldn't police have hauled him in for questioning on the Friday or Saturday, why wait until Sunday to question him, & why would GBC wait until then to crash the car... especially if the first attending police noted scratches when he reported Allison missing??
Because bruising would have started to appear days after on his torso, he would of been so high on adrenilen on the night that he would not realise if had sustained any injuries until bruising has started to show, this would require a hefty coverup, what better way thatn to have a car crash, but the forensic team would be able to tell by photographs if the bruise pattern patched the description of the accident. I felt all along ( previos posts) she would have been dumped in water as she would have put up a fight and he would of been relying on her body being exposed to eliments that would get rid of key evidence. Just my thoughts

PolyDot
05-02-2012, 05:44 PM

I think he did the killing by himself. Much more likely. It is a clear case of domestic violence- i don't think the affair or other women made him do anything just as Allision didnt make him kill her , or money worries or stress. He needs to take responibilty for their actions. We all get angry , stressed , conered, desperate - but we all dont kill!

Women frequently dont tell police or family that there has been violence - although family often see her behviour as 'depressed'.
It all came to a head - maybe she 's trying to leave , he has money problems. He strangles her , panic's dumps body , then ring's possibly 'other women'. Kids probably witness some of this and past violence/controlling behaviour . He gets scratched, crashed car to cover .

His family not involved other than supporting him- sister looks very stressed, parents kissing , family background, country, hunting, do not make people gulity of any thing.

The very sad thing about all this is he recives light sentence gets on with his life - Allison's lief cut short , her family greive, her children have to live with fact their dad killed their mum. and that domstic violence continues .

Last night i attended a candle light vigil for wmen and children killed by their partners- one of many held around Queensland. On average 77 women are killed in Australia by their partners. Only yesterday another women was bashed to death. A sad sad situation.

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I just thought of something....sort of out of a movie...but maybe GBC drove her (ABC) car deliberately past the camera on the roundabout wearing her clothes and a wig at that time of night to suggest that maybe she took off somewhere in her car after he last saw her????? When in fact she was already drugged or knocked out cold or whatever????
You need some rest luv :-) But I enjoyed your post :-)

Liadan
05-02-2012, 05:45 PM
- Allison could have had gloves in the house for cleaning toilets and such things. I too think that she was unlikely to have confronted anyone let alone a mistress. What is the point? She knew of the affair and was doing couselling with GBC and there were three little girls in the house that were infinitely more important than a mistress.

Really the whole BC family appears to be narcissistic. After any length of time in living with a narcissist there would be characterisics that Allison showed. She had probably been verbally brow bashed at the very least and her life was probably very limited to what he deemed appropriate for his 'angel' and family to be doing. A two faced persona is fairly standard for these types of people - one for the home and one for the public.

The sister seems quite different from the grand standing other members of the family. Her demeanor is seemingly supportive as you would expect and she is probably struggling to come to terms with what is happening within the family and is being kept in the dark by GBC.

spratsmum
05-02-2012, 05:45 PM
I think may not be too far from the truth. Scratches? Perhaps inflicted before Allison left the house or by the girlfriend, or perhaps climbing through bushland to hide the body!!

Nads
05-02-2012, 05:48 PM
On an aside there is a symposium in Brissie today about people who kill their spouses. Info from interviews with 200 people who are spouse killers.

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Where are people getting the idea that Allison, or someone who looked like her, could be driving a vehicle through the roundabout that night? My understanding is this is an assumption made from some edited news footage that went from saying Allison was murdered between 11.00 pm and 4 am to the Superintendent asking for anyone who was at the roundabout between those times to come forward?

Unless I've missed something, that (inaccurate) assumption now has people considering Allison was driving around town in a rage ready to confront someone, or that a person is dressing in drag and driving around pretending to be her? I think some investigators would be having a bit of a 'roll eyes' moment, and as Rove would say - "What the ... ?"

Unless I'm completely behind the times, I think police would like further proof of vehicle movements and detail of who was in charge of the vehicle/s they're interested in. I think the armchair investigations have been sent off on a wild goose chase assuming Allison was capable of driving a vehicle at the times mentioned. Anyone who expects to see footage of the scarlet mistress performing a dance of the seven veils on the Kenmore Roundabout is probably going to be sadly disappointed.

Happy to be proved wrong, I realise my desire for even vague facts doesn't sit well with everyone, and makes for a far less interesting read ;-)

BrizzychickinUSA
05-02-2012, 05:50 PM
I think he did the killing by himself. Much more likely. It is a clear case of domestic violence- i don't think the affair or other women made him do anything just as Allision didnt make him kill her , or money worries or stress. He needs to take responibilty for their actions. We all get angry , stressed , conered, desperate - but we all dont kill!

Women frequently dont tell police or family that there has been violence - although family often see her behviour as 'depressed'.
It all came to a head - maybe she 's trying to leave , he has money problems. He strangles her , panic's dumps body , then ring's possibly 'other women'. Kids probably witness some of this and past violence/controlling behaviour . He gets scratched, crashed car to cover .

His family not involved other than supporting him- sister looks very stressed, parents kissing , family background, country, hunting, do not make people gulity of any thing.

The very sad thing about all this is he recives light sentence gets on with his life - Allison's lief cut short , her family greive, her children have to live with fact their dad killed their mum. and that domstic violence continues .

Last night i attended a candle light vigil for wmen and children killed by their partners- one of many held around Queensland. On average 77 women are killed in Australia by their partners. Only yesterday another women was bashed to death. A sad sad situation.
I think all of what you have said is very tru.....none of his family are involved...they are just doing what all families would do....act on behalf of their son/brother .... I know of a cousin who committed a robbery....NONE of his family knew, none of us knew and none of us could believe he would do something like that....

and other times where the rapist has been a married man....and the wife knew of none of it....shocked to find her husband a cross dresser rapist etc.... I think he acted alone and the hiring of the criminal lawyer is possibly a suggestion of his family as they are seeing how the media seems to be suggesting he did it....which he propably did but .... I would stick by my son to the end - even when I sort of knew maybe he did do it.....

ozazure
05-02-2012, 05:54 PM
I find it interesting, even though it means nothing but evoking a feeling, the link to the Powell name - add to this the granny kiss and the alleged affair, tawdriness. Allison totally reminds me of Susan Cox Powell, I am glad she was found so quickly for her family's sake.

If it wasn't premeditated, he is nuts to have gone to this extent to cover up. Would a domestic gone bad been classed as a manslaughter? One blow too hard. A few years, under a decade, vs the mandated sentence of "life" (20 years before parole).

BrizzychickinUSA
05-02-2012, 05:55 PM
hahaha...driving in drag around a roundabout....its wine time here....I betta go cook hubby's dinner....

pls....let me know the moment more news comes to hand...

Ill leave you guys to it.!!!

cheers..

PolyDot
05-02-2012, 05:58 PM
If it wasn't premeditated, he is nuts to have gone to this extent to cover up. Would a domestic gone bad been classed as a manslaughter? One blow too hard. A few years, under a decade, vs the mandated sentence of "life" (20 years before parole).[/QUOTE]

Domestic gone bad ! Dv is always bad - it is horrific that our terms for murder are low , and disgusting that men who kills their partners often recive a lot less.

PolyDot
05-02-2012, 06:01 PM
sorry my aboove messgae was quoting OZAZURE just didnt come out right :)

crissyz
05-02-2012, 06:20 PM
I wonder if her parents have been questioned - in the sense to find out what a & g's relationship was like, any history of how she has changed over the years (like prev posts on how she was once independant & strong, and now is under the thumb and would live life in fear) from his abusive years and the damage that has been caused.

PolyDot
05-02-2012, 06:22 PM
i would say yes , and while they may not have been aware of the DV i bet they saw a chnage in her and were aware of their r/ship issues.

spratsmum
05-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Just read on GBC sister's fb page that she is married to a pastor and they live in Townsville. If she dropped the children off on Friday the 20th, it is an interesting coincidence that she is in Brisbane at this time.

Her husband's fb page says that he "must warn that there may be more sensational details to come" and goes on to apologise to his friends...mmm interesting?

crissyz
05-02-2012, 06:27 PM
They would give the best impression on how they have noticed her change. I know my parents and my friends all noticed a change in me while I was giong through emotional/mental abuse.

PolyDot
05-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Just read on GBC sister's fb page that she is married to a pastor and they live in Townsville. If she dropped the children off on Friday the 20th, it is an interesting coincidence that she is in Brisbane at this time.

Her husband's fb page says that he "must warn that there may be more sensational details to come" and goes on to apologise to his friends...mmm interesting?

His sister didn't arrive in Brisbane till after Allision went missing - she is not involved

Hillsdon
05-02-2012, 06:32 PM

I checked fb after alicats post and the photos were there. Now they have been removed.

crissyz
05-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Can i post this here?

Well it has been confirmed. Our darling Allison has died. We love her so much and can scarcely believe that her gentle, loving life has come to an end! Our house is full of deep grief and abounding love. We are doing all that we can to support those around us, especially Gerard and their beautiful girls who are heartbroken. We are "struck down but not destroyed" (2 Cor 4:9).

Precious friends on ...another matter you need to be aware that the media are glorying in the most revolting and salacious gossip. They seem determined to do all possible to damage and destroy. They have virtually imprisoned us in the house! They have NO regard for Allison or her family - despite their "crocodile tears" for Allison. I warn you that there may be more and worse to come. Please do not put your trust in what you read and do not lose faith at this time. We have decided not to speak publicly to the media and to grieve in private. We may pay the price for this in the "court" of public opinion. We have been so blessed by the unconditional love, support and prayer of family, friends and loving strangers. We see you as God's hands and feet... We thank you from the depth of our hearts!

PolyDot
05-02-2012, 06:37 PM
is that his family member

crissyz
05-02-2012, 06:38 PM
the pastor.... sister's hubby

PolyDot
05-02-2012, 06:41 PM
it is what you would expect ... they will have to continue their lives after all this is done with .. something that will be hard .. lets hope they have support and people dont judge them ... obviously they dont have any control over GBC..

Raskolnikov
05-02-2012, 06:43 PM
the pastor.... sister's hubby

Be interesting to see whose side God comes down on!

marlywings
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Precious friends on ...another matter you need to be aware that the media are glorying in the most revolting and salacious gossip. They seem determined to do all possible to damage and destroy. They have virtually imprisoned us in the house!

I think that's a total exaggeration if he's referring to mainstream news/media. I've yet to read any "revolting and salacious gossip", unless I'm reading different news sites to them. Majority I've read has been reports/confirmations etc from the police.

PolyDot
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Can i post this here?

Precious friends on ...another matter you need to be aware that the media are glorying in the most revolting and salacious gossip. They seem determined to do all possible to damage and destroy. They have virtually imprisoned us in the house! !

I think the media has been quite restraint actually !! I think there has been a few odd things posted here but not in the main stream media

spratsmum
05-02-2012, 06:54 PM
His sister didn't arrive in Brisbane till after Allision went missing - she is not involved

I wasn't eluding to her involvement, I was questioning whether she dropped the little girls to school on the Friday morning.

PolyDot
05-02-2012, 06:56 PM
sorry 'bout that .. :) what was your point - ?

spratsmum
05-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Someone posted earlier that she dropped the girls to school of Friday the 20th, that would seem normal if you lived in Brisbane and if that was the case here she probably was visiting with her parents, I was just wondering out loud why she was in Brisbane really. Thank you

PolyDot
05-02-2012, 07:02 PM
ooh okay .. i guess she was there to support her brother ?

spratsmum
05-02-2012, 07:07 PM
I mustn't be making myself very clear sorry ....
I am assuming the children went to school at normal time, so perhaps she did come down to support him and arrived later in the morning and then took the girls to school - need to think more outside the box. It is not important just an observations.

sorry - I think my brain is muddled from reading the 46 pages on here Have a good day

angel1
05-02-2012, 07:10 PM
I just thought of something while i was reading more of the news reports. The detective keeps saying they're keeping open minds in their hunt for the Brookfield mum's killer. If it was Gerard and i'm only saying IF they already know where he is so they wouldn't have to hunt for him??? And it's crazy on the police page some people in both updates are allowed to comment whatever they want and others (including me) our messages get deleted

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Have been reading with interest in the last week, and thought I'd just pop in and say hi.

Through a friend of parents at the school, I was told that GBC's sister dropped the kids at school the day Allison was reported missing. Not necessarily normal or abnormal, given what was happening on that day, but just another piece of the puzzle.

I also think there is a HUGE amount of detail that the police are aware of that we are not. Trying to piece it together at the moment as an outsider is almost impossible. There are many rumours going around, much speculation, and too much emphasis been placed on personality traits that really don't provide much in terms of evidence. I really hope they make an arrest soon.

I agree with your last para except that I wouldnt discount personality traits. They shouldnt be spoken of as if they are not crucial in certain ways. Yes, I know personality traits are not evidence and can't be used in court as proof. But they do help detectives and assist with the direction investigations or conclusions should go, along with facts, evidence etc. That's why there are 'profilers'. They are experts in analysing body language, facial expressions, habits, patterns of behaviour, language and speech patterns based on statistics and research etc. It is a legitimate science and it is helpful. There are also some people who instinctively pick up on these very same type of things, and while their views alone can't be relied on, they can be useful to consider.

angel1
05-02-2012, 07:12 PM
And i noticed on the police page in one of the first messages about Allison that someone put the link to this page. I just hope the police haven't been over here reading the comments

Raskolnikov
05-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I just thought of something while i was reading more of the news reports. The detective keeps saying they're keeping open minds in their hunt for the Brookfield mum's killer. If it was Gerard and i'm only saying IF they already know where he is so they wouldn't have to hunt for him??? And it's crazy on the police page some people in both updates are allowed to comment whatever they want and others (including me) our messages get deleted

Sounds like just a term they are using to express that they are pursuing the killer. Doesn't mean they don't know who he/she is, just that they are following the trail.

angel1
05-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks i guess i was just confused about what they were saying. I thought when they say about hunting for the killer i thought that meant they were looking for them.I know when my friend was murdered in sydney in front of her 5 year old daughter the police kept bringing up about hunting for the killer. I was never sure what they meant by that but thankyou for telling me :)

Portsmouth71
05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Forgot to add that I was F/B snooping.
GBC is F/B friends with Campbell Newman.
Also saw this comment on someone's f/b.

https://www.facebook.com/Bighitter2009

"RIP Allison Baden-Clay the truth will come out but your kids are the one's that suffer the most. What are your thoughts, I think the husband who had an affair is responsible."

Someone asked "How do you know he was having an affair?" his reply -
"The media stated that police interviewed a woman for hours who it was believed worked for him. The media sensationalised it - who'd have thought. Fact is the Police interviewed a female who worked for a friend of mine for a few hours that afternoon as she was consulting to the business and was the last to see her. Not saying he wasn't but remember it's just as possible she was. You are certainly right that these 3 young girls must be going through unspeakable sadness and it doesn't look like it's going to get better for them. :("

Interesting????

Couldnt help but notice that the guy who wrote this facebook message works in a different real estate office with the former husband of a lady now deceased who fell foul to a well publicised death on a cruise ship a few years back...........completely unrelated but its a small world out there.

Raskolnikov
05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Don't know if this is new but on the news web site it says 'QLD Police confident of arresting the killer'. Don't know how specific it is when they say that.

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 07:21 PM
And i noticed on the police page in one of the first messages about Allison that someone put the link to this page. I just hope the police haven't been over here reading the comments
I would bet my bottom dollar on it that the police will be reading EVERYTHING on every forum incase someone of interest slips up OR to get ideas and see how much info they can gather, there have been people on here who have spoken of knowing the family and of the affair etc, of course they would be reading everything, Hi Detectives, When you you going to arrest the SOB?

Maverick.au
05-02-2012, 07:23 PM
As a few others have said, where WERE the children that night?!! I think thats pretty key, and there would be good reasons why that bit of info has been kept on the low-down.

It's been answered a number of times already, the children were at home.

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I think that's a total exaggeration if he's referring to mainstream news/media. I've yet to read any "revolting and salacious gossip", unless I'm reading different news sites to them. Majority I've read has been reports/confirmations etc from the police.

God's sheep, I mean flock, tend to have trouble interacting in the real world. It wouldn't occur to the pastor there are reasons for the media to be interested in the family that have stemmed from a murder investigation rather than 'gossip'. The gossip is coming from elsewhere, but it's a fair bet many of his parishioners (or however you spell that) are more of a problem than the 'media'.

willough
05-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Has the ex-worker's name been made public?

Which one?.............I mean, there were apparently 20 people who left his employ in the last few years. If you mean the lady, I truly feel too, that we just need to lay off it now. That poor lady that was accused as being his mistress, wasnt.....and even at the time when she was mentioned, I stated that I thought it poor form to have her name mentioned....I mean what if people called her cellphone? The only way I care about the lady who DID have the affair, is if she was involved in the crime.....Otherwise, I dont feel the need to be disrespecting people, by naming them just because of sexual silliness (which is how I view affairs).

willough
05-02-2012, 07:37 PM

Absolutely not interested in my case.....I dont need to have it seared into my head what those beautiful girls look like ( I think I will cry for hours)...Though am happy to be involved and help if we are a group decide to do something for those little ones. As for the othrs that would be in his photos....I need not see the Baden Clays....as I dont respect them, after all their silly displays on the media.

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 07:43 PM
...Though am happy to be involved and help if we are a group decide to do something for those little ones.

I think someone should set up a fund for Mr & Mrs Dickie, who maintained their vigil at the showgrounds, keeping their faith in police helping find their daughter ... so they can use it in any way they see fit to give something fitting to their 3 grandchildren. I'd happily donate, as would most locals, and a bunch of non-locals, no doubt.

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Which one?.............I mean, there were apparently 20 people who left his employ in the last few years. If you mean the lady, I truly feel too, that we just need to lay off it now. That poor lady that was accused as being his mistress, wasnt.....and even at the time when she was mentioned, I stated that I thought it poor form to have her name mentioned....I mean what if people called her cellphone? The only way I care about the lady who DID have the affair, is if she was involved in the crime.....Otherwise, I dont feel the need to be disrespecting people, by naming them just because of sexual silliness (which is how I view affairs).
I agree, the woman has moral issues but that doesnt mean she committed a crime, this is just another piece of evidence to show he has no issue with telling lies to satisfy his own selfish needs, and it has been well documented here that his job would make him an expert at telling lies, but this is a bit different than fibbing about what someones house is worth and he knows he is was above his head which is why he has hired legal representation fron the get go.
His demeanor is oe of a wolf in sheeps clothing if you watch some of the footage of his PR interviews prior to all this, thought himself quite a big fish in a small pond and like all egomaniacs, when people catch you out for what you really are, they run and hide rather than do the right thing, probably a trait he learnt from his inappropriate parents judging by their public sexual pash driveway stunt which has sickened many hear and on other forums, A few of us are getting group therapy on that one lol.

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
I think you should get some sleep. The lack of a quick arrest is frustrating, but you do understand this is a person's life the police have in their hands, and whoever the person charged turns out to be, they're going to have representation intent on picking holes in the defence and evidence. They're going to quote forums like this to prove people can't get a fair trial when "angry mobs intent on their destruction" are rife on the internet (or some appropriate shocking and flowery language that justifies $800 per hour invoices).

Just because us armchair detectives haven't cracked the case in a couple of weeks, you can rest assured 25 career detectives are going to fry the miserable piece of ***** that committed this crime.

Gerard Baden-Clay's alleged mistress would probably drop her Target lingerie in horror at your hypothesis. ................... The latest development in their language is that they will find "the person" who did this. I think it is ok based on that, to assume they have narrowed it down to someone operating alone.....

................. Based on what I've heard about Allison from locals I trust, I personally believe she was a victim of domestic abuse (of some description) and that she probably remained in her relationship for the benefit of her children. Based on her confidence and sense of self-worth having been eroded, I really can't imagine her running around late at night to confront others .........

Whether I am right or not (and I'm not sure) rest assured police will have a very clear picture of her domestic situation. They have numerous people keen to make sure they know exactly what her life was like, if for nothing else to try to explain her death.

Completely separately, they have to gather enough EVIDENCE to charge someone with her murder. Being a ****** husband and annoying w*nker does not prove you are a murderer, .........

OK - a few things on this -

1. I agree, I needed to get some sleep

2. I didnt really think what I put forward was that likely, I was just getting a touch of the guilts after reading some media stories espeically the one where the police were saying they were 'keeping an open mind'. I started thinking well maybe i have been too 'one-eyed' about it. However I think i was just tired and getting despondent and confused by such things as the roundabout and gloves issue coming up.

3. I think it's a bit patronising to keep emphasising the police and legal system will arrest and convict on EVIDENCE and we should avoid discussing things that are not based on facts. I think we already know that things will be decided on Evidence and don't need to be reminded thanks. This forum is to discuss the case in the hope of it being helpful and to deal with the frustration of actually not having enough facts - that is why we discuss and surmise about a lot of things. Isn't that the point? As well, that type of discussion can trigger something that could be helpful, perhaps something someone did see. I've said this before, if we are only to discuss the facts we've heard on TV or read in official reports, and raise new evidence we've physically seen ourselves, there wouldnt be much to say and we probably wouldnt even need this forum.

4. I do agree that the surmising and assuming and deducing can get out of control, but i dont really think it has gone down a bad path here, i think most people are pretty measured and tend to monitor their own reactions pretty well. In my case, last night i even said 'this case is getting to me' and i did take myself of to bed. Also, there are some people posting on here about Allison and her life who also have "friends who know her who they trust", or perhaps even know her slightly themselves. You are not the only one.

5. That said, I agree with most of your other comments, esp about Allison and what state people who have experienced domestic abuse can get into. Even the most confident and accomplished woman can be reduced to a blithering wreck, and the energy it takes to put on a good front and be strong and cheerful for the children is quite debilitating.

Now, on some other reasons I made some of the comments I made last nigt - I did get concerned after hearing remarks by Detective Ainsworth recently that they were confident of making an arrest, that subsequently there were further comments where he said they were 'keeping an open mind.' Then someone who seemed to know some inside info posted on here that apparently they couldnt get any prints or COD from the neck or something like that. I started wondering - have they lost a bit of confidence now that the forensic examinations have begun returning results (or lack of), due to the amount of time in the water? This is what's bugging me. Or do people think the 'open mind' thing was a red herring? I mean - they either know who did it and are building the case so its watertight, or they arent sure who did it at all and are 'keeping an open mind'.

True
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Personality traits are indeed relevant. They give investigators clues to motive.

Bruising: A bruise starts to yellow after a period of days (3 I think). If he got the bruises from Allison before the crash, then presented with yellowing bruises + new bruising then that would be suspicious. I'm pretty sure they can identify even a day old bruise these days.

You can bet your Pattootie the police have inspected the bruising. Same with cuts and scratches. Police have their methods. He wrecked his friends car for nothing...lol. I hope his insurance covers psychopathic murderers driving his car.

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I think someone should set up a fund for Mr & Mrs Dickie, who maintained their vigil at the showgrounds, keeping their faith in police helping find their daughter ... so they can use it in any way they see fit to give something fitting to their 3 grandchildren. I'd happily donate, as would most locals, and a bunch of non-locals, no doubt.
Yes, myself and a few others have mentioned this prior as well, lets just hope the Dickies get custody when this is all over

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Or do people think the 'open mind' thing was a red herring? I mean - they either know who did it and are building the case so its watertight, or they arent sure who did it at all and are 'keeping an open mind'.

When they arrest someone, the person will be well and truly screwed beyond all doubt. Of course they're keeping an open mind, just like everyone on here :)

PS suggesting people concentrate on some form of FACTS prevents naming and shaming innocent people who have nothing to do with the case, like the poor lady named as a mistress previously ... it's way to easy to create innuendo by wildly inventing different 'possible' scenarios - how would you like it if someone pointed out you might have been involved in a murder if the worst you did was, for some ungodly reason, find a yellow-jacketed pinhead attractive? Or worst still, you just happened to have worked with the husband of a murdered woman? People need to take responsibility for their comments - even behind the anonymity of the good ol' internet.

Thinking
05-02-2012, 08:04 PM
I wonder if the mistress has a husband?

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 08:06 PM
- Allison could have had gloves in the house for cleaning toilets and such things. I too think that she was unlikely to have confronted anyone let alone a mistress. What is the point? She knew of the affair and was doing couselling with GBC and there were three little girls in the house that were infinitely more important than a mistress.

Really the whole BC family appears to be narcissistic. After any length of time in living with a narcissist there would be characterisics that Allison showed. She had probably been verbally brow bashed at the very least and her life was probably very limited to what he deemed appropriate for his 'angel' and family to be doing. A two faced persona is fairly standard for these types of people - one for the home and one for the public.

The sister seems quite different from the grand standing other members of the family. Her demeanor is seemingly supportive as you would expect and she is probably struggling to come to terms with what is happening within the family and is being kept in the dark by GBC.

I agree. Re the sister, I felt she looked frightened actually. Perhaps being supportive to her brother but actually quite scared he may have been involved. At the moment I'd say she is angry with him and taking that out on scowls to to the media etc, and just focussing on helping out at the home and with the girls. In those types of familiies there can often be one member who isn't quite the same as the others, possibly even at odds with some family members, someone who tries to do things differently and forge their own path. For all we know she could have had a really good relationship with Allison and the experience now of being in that house under the circumstances could be quite devastating for her.

Couldbe
05-02-2012, 08:12 PM
When they arrest someone, the person will be well and truly screwed beyond all doubt. Of course they're keeping an open mind, just like everyone on here :)

The latest piece evidence that the Police are after, is for those of us/others who were 'out and about' and in the vicinity of the Brookfield Rd/Moggill Rd roundabout to allow the :waitasec: 'lightbulb' to come on. Hope someone contributes this valuable information.

marlywings
05-02-2012, 08:15 PM
God's sheep, I mean flock, tend to have trouble interacting in the real world. It wouldn't occur to the pastor there are reasons for the media to be interested in the family that have stemmed from a murder investigation rather than 'gossip'. The gossip is coming from elsewhere, but it's a fair bet many of his parishioners (or however you spell that) are more of a problem than the 'media'.

Yes exactly!! From that facebook comment whoever wrote it seems to be revelling in the dramatisation of it all, especially with this...

"struck down but not destroyed, They seem determined to do all possible to damage and destroy. They have virtually imprisoned us in the house! I warn you that there may be more and worse to come."

But not a word of praise for the police or wanting the person who killed Allison charged. What sort of self-centred people are they???

Strangeworld
05-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Personality traits are indeed relevant. They give investigators clues to motive.

Bruising: A bruise starts to yellow after a period of days (3 I think). If he got the bruises from Allison before the crash, then presented with yellowing bruises + new bruising then that would be suspicious. I'm pretty sure they can identify even a day old bruise these days.

You can bet your Pattootie the police have inspected the bruising. Same with cuts and scratches. Police have their methods. He wrecked his friends car for nothing...lol. I hope his insurance covers psychopathic murderers driving his car.

Just clarifying. I didn't mean personality traits weren't relevant. I meant that many on here (and in other forums) are outright condemning individuals just because of behaviour deemed different, unusual, etc.

I have total respect for the profiler, but unfortunately we don't have the information the police have. The profilers can include personality in their profile, because they have other information to justify why a paticular behaviour may be relevant. Therefore, simply stating someone is guilty, involved, etc based on weird or unusual behaviour just seems benign.

In saying that, I have been so impressed by how many of you have sourced and linked pieces of info. It's been great to hear from those that live locally. I'll be watching with interest in the next few days.

indogwetrust
05-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Have you seen this?

First time I've seen GBC grouped in with the Dickies (in terms of grief) and remaining in contact for the girls.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/police-issue-fresh-plea-in-murder-hunt-focus-turns-to-vehicle-movements-in-the-area/story-fn7x8me2-1226345491639

tiff07
05-02-2012, 08:18 PM
I wonder if the mistress has a husband?

No, she doesn't.

Raskolnikov
05-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Yes exactly!! From that facebook comment whoever wrote it seems to be revelling in the dramatisation of it all, especially with this...

"struck down but not destroyed, They seem determined to do all possible to damage and destroy. They have virtually imprisoned us in the house! I warn you that there may be more and worse to come."

But not a word of praise for the police or wanting the person who killed Allison charged. What sort of self-centred people are they???

In answer to your question, probably very!

It sounds a bit like a sermon. You are right though, they sound more like the victims than Allison.

Curiousasacat
05-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I am assuming the children went to school at normal time, so perhaps she did come down to support him and arrived later in the morning and then took the girls to school - need to think more outside the box. It is not important just an observations.

sorry - I think my brain is muddled from reading the 46 pages on here Have a good day

No, I understand what you are saying.
How could the sister drop the kids off at school 4 1/2 hours after Allison reported missing if she lives in Townsville.

willough
05-02-2012, 08:28 PM

So confused, I am. The sister lives in Townsville.....the police were informed at 7:30am that Allison was missing, though said sister made it to Brisbane in time to take the children to school? Managed to organise a flight and got to airport and on said flight, got out of airport at neck breaking speed and then got to GBC's to take the kids to school?..........................I dont think so!!!!!

indogwetrust
05-02-2012, 08:31 PM
In answer to your question, probably very!

It sounds a bit like a sermon. You are right though, they sound more like the vistims than Allison.

It's a bit creepy and inappropriate using the words 'struck down but not destroyed'.

Maybe they weren't (and agree they are playing the victim as I also thought GBC was that day when he spoke in his little quiet voice), but ALLISON was ... to use those words - struck down and destroyed.

How could you put the focus on yourself like that in the most inappropriate way?

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 08:32 PM

PS suggesting people concentrate on some form of FACTS prevents naming and shaming innocent people who have nothing to do with the case, like the poor lady named as a mistress previously ... it's way to easy to create innuendo by wildly inventing different 'possible' scenarios - how would you like it if someone pointed out you might have been involved in a murder if the worst you did was, for some ungodly reason, find a yellow-jacketed pinhead attractive? Or worst still, you just happened to have worked with the husband of a murdered woman? People need to take responsibility for their comments - even behind the anonymity of the good ol' internet.

I regret my post and i take responsibility for it and that it is probably incorrect - but others have posted lots of ideas and thoughts about what and who that are also possibly incorrect. Others in the earlier part of this forum also alluded that maybe it was the mistress, they did that as i did in trying to be balanced and not assume it is GBC and judge too swiftly, not as a blatant accusation. I didnt name anyone and I dont have a clue who the mistress is, nor do I want or need to know or have a desire for it to be made public. I also point out I have never mentioned names other than GBC, and I have posted on two occasions about my concerns about the real estate woman incorrectly named and the need for caution. Putting forward scenarios about anonymous people and describing them as purely a scenario, as opposed to actually naming people and stating something about them as a certainty, are two different things.

Lets just leave it there on this subject, I am conscious about the rules of this forum and personal attacks, and don't want this to escalate into that.

Curiousasacat
05-02-2012, 08:37 PM
I would bet my bottom dollar on it that the police will be reading EVERYTHING on every forum incase someone of interest slips up OR to get ideas and see how much info they can gather, there have been people on here who have spoken of knowing the family and of the affair etc, of course they would be reading everything, Hi Detectives, When you you going to arrest the SOB?
Yes I agree that they would be watching......
I have followed a few cases on this web site and I have never seen so many "lurkers"
Currently 173 guests!!!!

Nads
05-02-2012, 08:38 PM
No, she doesn't.

The rumour I heard, right at the beginning, was that they were both going to leave their partners (unspecified as to whether a marriage partner). And she did but he didn't.

willough
05-02-2012, 08:40 PM
At the end of the day................We may be all incorrect. Or may be correct with our thoughts it was GBD. Maybe the parents were involed after the fact, or not. Maybe the mistress did it, or may have been involved......or not. Maybe Allison was having an affair and the guy she was having it with, killed her (dumped her at Tyamolum.....to make it seem like GBD did it, or not). Maybe, maybe maybe.

All i know, is I HOPE that they catch whoever did this to her.

That sermon from the pastor brother in law.....If I had a hard copy of that, i'd puke on it. They make is seem like they are so victimised. I dont recall seeing the Dickie's being hounded by the media at the command post. Maybe, if they had displayed more care and compassion to the world about their in-law being missing....and had GBC of his wife..................the media, would have been less of what they call hounding, and what we call normal.

Those people (the Baden Clays - not the children) need to take a 'get over themselves' pill SOOOOO badly. Allison is DEAD, and all they can think about is there 5 minutes of negative fame in the spotlight.....DISGUSTED

ozazure
05-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Domestic gone bad ! Dv is always bad - it is horrific that our terms for murder are low , and disgusting that men who kills their partners often recive a lot less.

agreed, I should have said one that escalated to lethal violence. there are far too many stories of people killing their spouses, parents and children.

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Keyboredom posted a page or 2 ago questioning the reference to Allison being seen at the Kenmore roundabout that night. Good point - I can't recall either how this started. I thought it was actually reported in the media, possibly even as a statement from Ainsworth, and then reported on here as a result. Can anyone confirm this? I felt at the time that it was a genuine report not just an idea someone mentioned, and that it was referred to by a few people, but I dont have the time to trawl back through all those pages.

usernamestaken
05-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Just a thought re: the gloves and water bottle found near waterway. Don't forget Clean Up Australia Day was held back in March - could simply have been left behind by Clean Up volunteers (I know, the irony).

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 08:54 PM
It's a bit creepy and inappropriate using the words 'struck down but not destroyed'.

Maybe they weren't (and agree they are playing the victim as I also thought GBC was that day when he spoke in his little quiet voice), but ALLISON was ... to use those words - struck down and destroyed.

How could you put the focus on yourself like that in the most inappropriate way?

Similar to those who put the focus on themselves by having a geriatric pash session as their daughter in law lay decomposing in the mud flats and while decent men and women were out searching in all weathers ?

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=willough;7865109]At the end of the day................We may be all incorrect. Or may be correct with our thoughts it was GBD. Maybe the parents were involed after the fact, or not. Maybe the mistress did it, or may have been involved......or not. Maybe Allison was having an affair and the guy she was having it with, killed her (dumped her at Tyamolum.....to make it seem like GBD did it, or not). Maybe, maybe maybe.

That sermon from the pastor brother in law.....If I had a hard copy of that, i'd puke on it. They make is seem like they are so victimised. I dont recall seeing the Dickie's being hounded by the media at the command post. Maybe, if they had displayed more care and compassion to the world about their in-law being missing....and had GBC of his wife..................the media, would have been less of what they call hounding, and what we call normal.

Well said !!! and again (because the forum bot insists I lengthen my comment)

WELL SAID !!!!

Thinking
05-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Keyboredom posted a page or 2 ago questioning the reference to Allison being seen at the Kenmore roundabout that night. Good point - I can't recall either how this started. I thought it was actually reported in the media, possibly even as a statement from Ainsworth, and then reported on here as a result. Can anyone confirm this? I felt at the time that it was a genuine report not just an idea someone mentioned, and that it was referred to by a few people, but I dont have the time to trawl back through all those pages.

I'm sure the reporter in the 7 news report said something like "they believed Alison was on/at the roundabout...." - but I will have to find the link and check. From memory, the police didn't say it, but the reporter said something to that effect. Can anyone verify?

Thinking
05-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Do you agree that the perpetrator of this crime probably never imagined in their wildest dreams, the amount of coverage, attention and reaction Allison's loss has attracted? They probably thought she would just go down on the books as a missing person, it would get a bit of attention for a few days and then the perpetrator would just be able to get on with their lives.

I love the fact that we as a community (locally and globally) are expressing our hurt and outrage at Allison's untimely loss. We will never accept this and will not let it go until we get some answers on behalf of Allison, her children and her family. I know that you are all as upset about this as me, and I didn't know Allison personally. My heart aches for her.

Couldbe
05-02-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm sure the reporter in the 7 news report said something like "they believed Alison was on/at the roundabout...." - but I will have to find the link and check. From memory, the police didn't say it, but the reporter said something to that effect. Can anyone verify?

As I remember, those words were spoken in the usual 'lead-up to the News'. Didn't hear it spoken that way during the actual News item.

Thinking
05-02-2012, 09:31 PM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/

Here is the link to the report - the reporter says they believe "she was sighted" on the roundabout.

I guess it isn't very clear whether she means Allison herself (which was my initial understanding), or just that her car was sighted. Any thoughts?

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 09:34 PM
hmm ... wonder if that means she was seen or slip of the reporter's words? You'd think the police would move the mannequin to the roundabout if it's likely she was seen. Poor lady.

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Here is the link to the report - the reporter says they believe "she was sighted" on the roundabout.

I guess it isn't very clear whether she means Allison herself (which was my initial understanding), or just that her car was sighted. Any thoughts?

Did this information emerge as result of the reported questioning of the woman described as 'very close' to GBC, one wonders. Or as result of independent witnesses ?

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 09:46 PM

Yes, I'm confused about this too. I remember thinking at the time, did they mean she was seen on foot (ie she actually did go on a walk) or in a vehicle, or both (eg if she walked out and he went after her and got her to get into the vehicle)? Or did she actually drive a vehicle herself?

Added to this were the couple of posts on here mentioning that a vehicle was left on the Brookfield Showgrounds for a period of time - I'm not sure where the info came from on that one either - and which vehicle, for how long, etc?

usernamestaken
05-02-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm a newbie who has been following this thread with great interest. Whatever unfolds in the coming days/weeks etc, this forum has demonstrated to me that all is not completely lost in this ever baffling, desensitized world. People DO still care about the wellbeing & plight of others and are prepared to take a stand when the innocent have been harmed.

BrizzychickinUSA
05-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Did this information emerge as result of the reported questioning of the woman described as 'very close' to GBC, one wonders. Or as result of independent witnesses ?

i thought the news report said that her car was seen between 11pm and 4am and police were asking for further witnesses...

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm a newbie who has been following this thread with great interest. Whatever unfolds in the coming days/weeks etc, this forum has demonstrated to me that all is not completely lost in this ever baffling, desensitized world. People DO still care about the wellbeing & plight of others and are prepared to take a stand when the innocent have been harmed.

Hi, Usernamestaken --- seen your ID down there. Glad you've broken the ice and commented :)

You're right in what you say, imo. Regardless of race or creed, I do believe the senses of 'justice' and 'injustice' are hard-wired into the human race

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 09:52 PM
They may be part-way to discerning cause of death by now

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 09:54 PM
There are fresh appeals for locals to keep an eye out for Allison's mobile phone. I think he would of destroyed it and thrown it in the river, with all the rain that came down and the sediment, it could be a foot under mud anywhere that weir travelled to. I doubt that the mobile phone will ever turn up, surely the phoe companies can assist with messages sent to and from her phone, even SMS.
I am starting to think that they are getting desperate to get some hard evidence, it is strange that they have not dragged him to the cop shop for a formal statement. It is also strange that the girls have not been formally interviewed by the department of justice group that specially deal with kids, I know the police have their reasons for things, shoot me if im wrong in saying this, but to me the whole thing could of been handled a lot better. I have expressed in my posts the concern at why they did not have smaller groups lookig through water ways or around the scout grounds where there are waterways as he would not buried her due to mess and iability to clean it all up. The police have delayed i calling him in hence his ability to have a car crash, they should of just picked him up to go i for questioningand that way he would of had no time to have a car crash. The girls should of been placed with her parents straight away for at least 2 days so they could be interviewed in depth and him away from influence. The camera's on all areas for traffic should have been check first and they should now park one of their cars on the actual roundabout under police guard to trigger peoples memoris, Hey, just my opinion that a lot more could of been done a lot sooner as it is my belief they KNEW they were looking for a body from the beginning and it will eventually come out that this is the case I believe

Hillsdon
05-02-2012, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=willough;7865109]At the end of the day................We may be all incorrect. Or may be correct with our thoughts it was GBD. Maybe the parents were involed after the fact, or not. Maybe the mistress did it, or may have been involved......or not. Maybe Allison was having an affair and the guy she was having it with, killed her (dumped her at Tyamolum.....to make it seem like GBD did it, or not). Maybe, maybe maybe.

Well said !!! and again (because the forum bot insists I lengthen my comment)

WELL SAID !!!!

Ok, on this train of thought....what if the parents were involved. Have the police interviewed them? Where were they on Thursday night and Friday morning? Have the police checked the fathers car?

We know that they searched the parents house ....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/allison-baden-clay-still-missing-as-husband-gerard-baden-clay-returns-to-brookfield-home-he-shared-with-her-until-she-vanished-a-week-ago/story-e6freoof-1226339257059

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 09:57 PM
They may be part-way to discerning cause of death by now
has there been metion of this somewhere?

Hillsdon
05-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Tv crews are gathering outside indooroopilly police station....

Gorecki
05-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Then someone who seemed to know some inside info posted on here that apparently they couldnt get any prints or COD from the neck or something like that. I started wondering - have they lost a bit of confidence now that the forensic examinations have begun returning results (or lack of), due to the amount of time in the water? This is what's bugging me. Or do people think the 'open mind' thing was a red herring? I mean - they either know who did it and are building the case so its watertight, or they arent sure who did it at all and are 'keeping an open mind'.

Just to clarify - they couldn't lift her prints from her own hands due to decomp. DNA analysis was used to formally ID the body. (Which in my mind means it is highly unlikely they will lift another person's prints from her)

Also, there has been no mention of the neck.

missfisher
05-02-2012, 10:14 PM
It's possible that a murderer in this kind of family situation could have deliberately involved an unwittting innocent associate by, for example, contacting them to childmind while he searches for a "missing" spouse late at night. Any corpse could be loaded into the murderer's car before the associate arrived and disposed of in the guise of searching.

Whether the associate would become suspicious is an interesting question. They might even approach the police themselves if alarmed enough.

Associates don't always have to be "in on it".

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 10:23 PM
It's possible that a murderer in this kind of family situation could have deliberately involved an unwittting innocent associate by, for example, contacting them to childmind while he searches for a "missing" spouse late at night. Any corpse could be loaded into the murderer's car before the associate arrived and disposed of in the guise of searching.

Whether the associate would become suspicious is an interesting question. They might even approach the police themselves if alarmed enough.

anything is possible but that would make them accomplice as he has stated he went to bed at 10pm so I doubt it

alicat
05-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Tv crews are gathering outside indooroopilly police station....

I noticed that too!

possumheart
05-02-2012, 10:25 PM
An old article from th UK that says they went to sleep together and some other stuff.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135394/Gerard-Baden-Clay-great-grandson-Lord-Baden-Powell-helping-police-wife-Allisons-disappearance.html?ito%3Dfeeds-newsxml

alicat
05-02-2012, 10:26 PM
[quote=laserdisc10;7865205]

Ok, on this train of thought....what if the parents were involved. Have the police interviewed them? Where were they on Thursday night and Friday morning? Have the police checked the fathers car?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/allison-baden-clay-still-missing-as-husband-gerard-baden-clay-returns-to-brookfield-home-he-shared-with-her-until-she-vanished-a-week-ago/story-e6freoof-1226339257059

People may think that sounds far fetched - with the parents involved and all, but does anyone remember the Dennis Tanner case down in Bonnie Doon? That was a DODGY, dodgy case if I ever saw one (and I'm pretty sure the brother was involved, although nothing ever came out of it).

Raskolnikov
05-02-2012, 10:31 PM
An old article from th UK that says they went to sleep together and some other stuff.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135394/Gerard-Baden-Clay-great-grandson-Lord-Baden-Powell-helping-police-wife-Allisons-disappearance.html?ito%3Dfeeds-newsxml

I wouldn't give the Daily Mail too much credence, they also said in another article that GB-C was ruled out as a suspect.

Thinking
05-02-2012, 10:34 PM
More info from locals - When she was reported missing, her car was not at home but was found on the Brookfield showground - about 2 minutes walk away. I know whom the mistress is but better keep the name to myself - lets just call her ReMax. Affair been going on for a couple of years, A found out last year. A & G were sleeping in seperate rooms. G has fresh scratch on face. She was engaged to a lovely man some years ago but parents did not approve as he was not a graduate - he has since gone on to have a successful diving career. I emailed crimestoppers on Saturday suggesting they check our the Karana Downs Scout Camp which is just behind Kholo Creek Crossing where she has been found by a canoist. Did not realise the family had lived in Karana Downs previously.

Fyi, here is an earlier post that mentioned her car being found at the showgrounds - have you heard any further confirmation/information about this point Rexo? Or is it just gossip?

alicat
05-02-2012, 10:34 PM
I was thinking....if she was actually out driving her car at night (thursday after 11pm) she must have been tricked into doing so....as in perhaps someone asked her to meet them urgently or pick them up they have ran out of petrol??? Then of course she would have taken her mobile with her....women dont like driving by themselves at night all that much and especially when your kids are at home in bed by themselves...She may have thought...oh well this wont take long and ill take my phone in case anything happens etc....

I wonder what was said or lie was used to get her out like that....

Perhaps he asked her to get some Maccas from Kenmore?

willough
05-02-2012, 10:35 PM

anything is possible but that would make them accomplice as he has stated he went to bed at 10pm so I doubt it

Both excellent points......Either way, one would have questioned why he is making the 10pm claim, if he was out in the midst of the night supposedly searching for her. One would imagine and hope, even if they are a family member, that the person would be open and earnest with honesty and have told the police everything that they know. Rather than guising the possibility of it being him.

Thinking
05-02-2012, 10:41 PM
I noticed that too!

Is anything going on? Helicopters are going berserk here it seems (I'm local too), it feels like the days the search was on - it mightn't be related but keep us updated everyone.

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't give the Daily Mail too much credence, they also said in another article that GB-C was ruled out as a suspect.
lol, daily mail UK would be last news I would rely on, fancy saying the husband was not a suspect, must be used to dealing with Scotland Yard :-)

willough
05-02-2012, 10:42 PM
[quote=laserdisc10;7865205]

I have felt from the beginning that they are. I believe he killed her, went to them for support and they supported him. Very Rhodesian if you ask me. Women and African appearance have no part in deciding in society.....Allison was deciding to take her life back......(which meant her getting the children, more of whatever money they had left)....and BWANA's son MINIBWANA didn't want this one iota.

dansw
05-02-2012, 10:43 PM
mmm. Maybe GBC uses the empty houses 'for sale' for rendezvous with the mistress and she caught them together.....:))) Hence the driving out at night.....if he has an iphone Allison could've used the find my phone facility and went searching....so many theories, wish I had the facts!

alicat
05-02-2012, 10:44 PM
I checked fb after alicats post and the photos were there. Now they have been removed.

They are still there guys. You need to look under 'Wall photos.'

Anyone else notice the pic of his parents in the dads profile pic? Mum looks like she's about to strangle dad.

willough
05-02-2012, 10:47 PM
mmm. Maybe GBC uses the empty houses 'for sale' for rendezvous with the mistress and she caught them together.....:))) Hence the driving out at night.....if he has an iphone Allison could've used the find my phone facility and went searching....so many theories, wish I had the facts!

Those in real estate who have affairs often do that. Believe me when I say, the houses don't have to be empty. I knew a principal here in the outer east in Melbourne who was doing that (in peoples lived in homes). He was on with the full time receptionist.....He was also a nasty piece of work.

Strangeworld
05-02-2012, 10:47 PM
lol, daily mail UK would be last news I would rely on, fancy saying the husband was not a suspect, must be used to dealing with Scotland Yard :-)

I think maybe they are just working off old info. Remember when our news sites were stating that the police had said he was no longer a person of interest.

Curiousasacat
05-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Crazy out there idea. She jumped out of the car at the roundabout??

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Is anything going on? Helicopters are going berserk here it seems (I'm local too), it feels like the days the search was on - it mightn't be related but keep us updated everyone.
Usually helicopters are used to find large things (like people) from a place people can not access, strange seeing the body is recovered, unless GBC has made a run for it which I doubt. Probably related to something else unless film crews are flying in, in a hurry for a news conference yet to be publicised. If they were going to arrest GBC he would be brought in by his lawyers and through a backdoor, I doubt they would march him up the front stairs in cuffs for all to see.
If the creepy parents display what they did at the loss of their daughter in law, can't imagine what they will do if their son is put away. Maybe the creepy father will try and take the fall for his son to get away from the creepy Mother ( she started the infamous kissing)

SomTum
05-02-2012, 10:53 PM
I really hope they are making an arrest today

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Those in real estate who have affairs often do that. Believe me when I say, the houses don't have to be empty. I knew a principal here in the outer east in Melbourne who was doing that (in peoples lived in homes). He was on with the full time receptionist.....He was also a nasty piece of work.
True, well known fact in the industry I have heard. Anyone selling their house needs to bluelight it after any inspections to make sure it is not tainted

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 10:56 PM
The only thing that could be considered as crazy in this whole case is the creepy parents, all opinions are valid and you just never know, there is nothing NORMAL about this whole thing

mouse detective
05-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Thinking about who was driving ABC's car that night - can anyone confirm if the Mistress bares any physical resemblance to ABC at all?

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 10:57 PM
i thought the news report said that her car was seen between 11pm and 4am and police were asking for further witnesses...

yes, that's what I mean when I ask if the info emerged as result of further extensive questioning of 'a' particular witness. Or if another, say random witness, came forth

Hasn't been specified. Cause for thought. Because although naturally they're not forthcoming with the source of the info, they were nevertheless quick to get it out before the public

alicat
05-02-2012, 10:58 PM
There are fresh appeals for locals to keep an eye out for Allison's mobile phone.

Have the police given us a more detailed location of where they think it is? Is it still between the Bellbowrie, Kenmore and Pullenvale locations?

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Thinking about who was driving ABC's car that night - can anyone confirm if the Mistress bares any physical resemblance to ABC at all?

Wondered the same thing myself

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 10:59 PM

GOOD question

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Re the parents being involved - not sure but if so I would think it would only be the Dad. You know, the men together and the actions of GBC excused as 'being driven to it' blaming Allison for being difficult or a problem due to her over-emotional state or something. Very common when a woman becomes beaten down by abuse, anger, or the husbands infidelity - she eventually becomes distraught and then is accused by the person responsible of being the problem, and is demonised as a bit crazy.

The women in the household might not know the full story but I wouldn't be surprised if this household feels embattled because they have already set in their mind that Allison was a problem for GBC and she has caused this, and now GBC is now a possible suspect because of her.

CaseClosed
05-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

First post here. My heart goes out to Allison’s parents and her little girls!

This case grabbed my attention since the beginning and after reading 47 or so pages, I thought I give my personal views. I do not know the family nor do I live in the area and am not privvy to any insight info. However, in my opinion:

The perpetrator is male, acted alone and knows the area well. I don’t believe the perp had help (after the fact), because as we all know ,“two heads think better than one” and in this case the location where she was found is just too close/familiar to him. If I wanted to dispose of someone and for that person not to be found, I would have certainly headed in a different direction and a lot further away. IMO this is a crime of passion as a result of a dispute that got out of hand and is not premeditated. It could be that the wife mentioned the big “D” word and that was the catalyst for an argument that escalated. Panic set in and this is the result, instead of seeking help (ambulance) immediately and facing the music later.

If I were the spouse (innocent) of someone who had “disappeared”, I would also seek legal advice pretty quickly, as it is a well-known fact that the primary suspect is always the spouse, followed by immediate family. However, it would NOT cross my mind to engage a Barrister at this stage.

The main reasons couples fight is financial or infidelity. Financial problems put enourmos stress on a relationship (even good ones) and the loss of “good standing” in their own community can be very embarrassing, especially for people who consider themselves important in their community. It appears they did have financial difficulties. As for infidelity, although the police have not confirmed this, it could also be a possibility, as reported by posters in several forums.

If my spouse was missing, I would certainly be at the search area command post every single day. I would have sought assistance from my family to mind the children and would be at the search area from dawn to dusk!

I don’t believe both sets of families have a good relationship, as it does not appear that his parents have visited with her parents at any stage since the wife dissappeared.

I believe the car accident was just an accident due to the stress the husband is under. I don’t think he is smart enough to stage an accident to conceal prior injuries.

The media and public have placed so much interest in this case, because the husband, with his actions (or inactions) is making himself look very suss!

The policy always know more than we are lead to believe and they do play psychological "cat and mouse" type games with their “suspects”, hoping the “suspect” will make a mistake and crack under their pressure.

The media (either inadvertendly or not) do slightly change what the police say in their news conferences, hence I would not trust what you read or hear from a reporter, only what comes from QPS.

barrosa
05-02-2012, 11:00 PM

Physical resemblance - different hair colour

willough
05-02-2012, 11:01 PM
LOL One of the smiles I have gained (and there aint many due to the threads circumstances) during this whole sad saga, is BrisbaneGirl cracking me up laughing....Thanxabunch Chicka :floorlaugh:

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 11:02 PM
has there been metion of this somewhere?

Not that I'm aware of. But stands to reason, surely

Maybe they're analysing tissues to see if she'd been fed dope or poison of some kind ? Otherwise, if blunt trauma, they'd know by now, wouldn't they?

I don't know. Just trying to add to the discussion, morbid though this particular aspect is :(

Hillsdon
05-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Just some local gossip, gbc was seen at the supermarket the on Friday that he reported her missing.....

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Physical resemblance - different hair colour

Do you know Allison's hair colour at the time of her death by any chance? Thanks

Thinking
05-02-2012, 11:06 PM
GOOD question

Surely if she had jumped out at the roundabout, someone would have called this in the first day she went missing? I mean, that is something you would definitely remember and think was sus if you were driving nearby that night, then saw the next day a local woman was missing!

barrosa
05-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Can I just make this statement " hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Surely if she had jumped out at the roundabout, someone would have called this in the first day she went missing? I mean, that is something you would definitely remember and think was sus if you were driving nearby that night, then saw the next day a local woman was missing!

Yes and no. If you saw a woman jump from a vehicle, then yes, most would report it, unless they were out on a clandestine outing themselves, in which case they might remain silent out of self-preservation

Then there are those who, based on observation of what's happened to other witnesses in the past in high-profile cases, might choose not to get involved - particularly when the culprit gets a slap on wrist sentence

Others still might decide against reporting because it would mean time off work (interviews, court appearances, spotlight shone on themselves and their lives, possibly)

If a witness didn't see the actual hypothetical jump from a vehicle however and simply whizzed past and thought they might have seen a woman out of the corner of their eye as she stood on a roundabout, they might not put any importance on it. They might be out of the country by now and unaware of police appeals for witnesses. Or they may have been fiddling with the dashboard or their mobile phone and simply failed to see a woman on a roundabout at all

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 11:14 PM
LOL One of the smiles I have gained (and there aint many due to the threads circumstances) during this whole sad saga, is BrisbaneGirl cracking me up laughing....Thanxabunch Chicka :floorlaugh:
I deal with stress and grief with a touch of humour that I try and make sure is not seen in a disrespectful way, hopefully those who have read all my posts will see I have been an advocate for poor Allison, her children and her family, the only ones I have had a dig at is GBC and the creepies, we all need a laugh to keep us sane and the creepies would not of placed themselves in this position had they shown decency and respect rather than behaving in a manner that can only be described as a sudden over does on HRT which has caused psychologists around Australia to be inundated with calls for image erasing hypnosis therapy.

Raskolnikov
05-02-2012, 11:15 PM
I personally don't think the parents are involved. The more people you involve, the more likely that someone will contradict you and the larger amount of forensic evidence. And the more people you ask for help the bigger the risk that someone will tell the police. Just my thoughts on the parents.

I also don't think the infamous 'kiss' is an indication that they are sociopaths. Unfortunately the kiss happened and I wish I hadn't been watching the news that night when they showed it.

usernamestaken
05-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Something tells me that the 300-odd 'friends' of GBC on fb are about to drop dramatically in number - guilty or not. Given the circumstances, I'm surprised privacy settings on fb profile haven't been tightened up. Must be a lot of messages flowing through 'send message' link & I don't imagine they are supportive in nature!

jendo
05-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Does the activity around Indooroopilly police station mean that an arrest is imminent? My stomach is churning in anticipation.

I have been reading this thread with intense interest since the very beginning and I have to admit that I'm now checking it every few minutes.

I've enjoyed reading the opinions and scenarios put forward by everyone here! Many of you have considered everything very carefully and come up with some amazing input.

I live only a few hundred metres from where poor Allison was found so of course this is so close to home for me. Whatever transpired, this lady, the mother of 3 little girls was discarded like used litter in the most undignified way one can imagine.

I can only begin to imagine what her parents must be enduring at this time. My heart aches for them, it truly does.
I'm heartened too to read that so many others feel the same way. We do care, don't we!

On a last note - yes, I DO think too that Qld Police are probably reading this thread. Keep up the good work detectives. Allison's family is counting on it!

barrosa
05-02-2012, 11:23 PM
mmm some users are family members police and reporters I dare say just analysis of the posts. Not too hard to work out who is who ..................

alicat
05-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Yep, have to agree - keep up the good work Detectives! You probably know who we all are by now... :)

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 11:24 PM
I cant get over the creepies, just watched it again as my neighbour is over and begged me to show her, now she is hopping around gagging as well pulling faces asking WHY WHY, feel sorry for the neighbours of the creepies, you would be scared to look over your back fence after seeing what goes on in the front garage. You would never invite them to a wedding. Get a room!! Better still, get a "house up for sale" seems heaps of action going on in homes for sale judging by the thread today :-)

alicat
05-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Greetings to everyone.
I would like to introduce myself...and share this with you all.
I work as a psychic medium and have already come forward and submitted my information of a spiritual nature to police.

Hello,

I've sent you a PM. Thanks.

tiff07
05-02-2012, 11:26 PM

No, she doesn't.

Raskolnikov
05-02-2012, 11:28 PM
I cant get over the creepies, just watched it again as my neighbour is over and begged me to show her, now she is hopping around gagging as well pulling faces asking WHY WHY, feel sorry for the neighbours of the creepies, you would be scared to look over your back fence after seeing what goes on in the front garage. You would never invite them to a wedding. Get a room!! Better still, get a "house up for sale" seems heaps of action going on in homes for sale judging by the thread today :-)

Lucky the garage door shut when it did!

jendo
05-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Apparently the Qld Premier is a Facebook 'friend' of GBC. I'm not sure if that is prudent?

BrisbaneGirl
05-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Lucky the garage door shut when it did!
I agree, any news updates anywhere from the police?

Raskolnikov
05-02-2012, 11:35 PM
I don't think the police are watching this forum. We have very few corroborated facts and most of the stuff written is speculation, which is great but the police have to be lead by the facts. Don't get me wrong I really like this site and think it is a great way to try and make sense of a terrible situation.

I'll eat my words if the next entry is from Mr PC Plod.

itsthevibe
05-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Yes we certainly do care, Jendo. I'm sure it's hard for you living so close to where the body was found. It really distresses me to think about Allisons last moments (although I try not to dwell on it). But if GBC's scratches have anything to do with it she must have surely been in a state of terror trying to fight him off, it is just horrific to know that this lovely lady was subjected to such suffering. RIP Allison, I do hope HappyMedium is right and that your memory will live on in a way that helps other women.

pugsandfrogs
05-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I am here in Adelaide and am intrigued by this case. To those near the police station, please post as soon as you have any information.

Bobbie Elliott
05-02-2012, 11:40 PM
hi everyone,

first post here. My heart goes out to allison’s parents and her little girls!

This case grabbed my attention since the beginning and after reading 47 or so pages, i thought i give my personal views. I do not know the family nor do i live in the area and am not privvy to any insight info. However, in my opinion:

The perpetrator is male, acted alone and knows the area well. I don’t believe the perp had help (after the fact), because as we all know ,“two heads think better than one” and in this case the location where she was found is just too close/familiar to him. If i wanted to dispose of someone and for that person not to be found, i would have certainly headed in a different direction and a lot further away. Imo this is a crime of passion as a result of a dispute that got out of hand and is not premeditated. It could be that the wife mentioned the big “d” word and that was the catalyst for an argument that escalated. Panic set in and this is the result, instead of seeking help (ambulance) immediately and facing the music later.

If i were the spouse (innocent) of someone who had “disappeared”, i would also seek legal advice pretty quickly, as it is a well-known fact that the primary suspect is always the spouse, followed by immediate family. However, it would not cross my mind to engage a barrister at this stage.

The main reasons couples fight is financial or infidelity. Financial problems put enourmos stress on a relationship (even good ones) and the loss of “good standing” in their own community can be very embarrassing, especially for people who consider themselves important in their community. It appears they did have financial difficulties. As for infidelity, although the police have not confirmed this, it could also be a possibility, as reported by posters in several forums.

If my spouse was missing, i would certainly be at the search area command post every single day. I would have sought assistance from my family to mind the children and would be at the search area from dawn to dusk!

I don’t believe both sets of families have a good relationship, as it does not appear that his parents have visited with her parents at any stage since the wife dissappeared.

I believe the car accident was just an accident due to the stress the husband is under. I don’t think he is smart enough to stage an accident to conceal prior injuries.

The media and public have placed so much interest in this case, because the husband, with his actions (or inactions) is making himself look very suss!

The policy always know more than we are lead to believe and they do play psychological "cat and mouse" type games with their “suspects”, hoping the “suspect” will make a mistake and crack under their pressure.

The media (either inadvertendly or not) do slightly change what the police say in their news conferences, hence i would not trust what you read or hear from a reporter, only what comes from qps.

bravo!!!!!

CaseClosed
05-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Just some local gossip, gbc was seen at the supermarket the on Friday that he reported her missing.....

If true, doesn't indicate a very concerned husband! Am sure family could have bought the necessities for them while he searched ... not!

mouse detective
05-02-2012, 11:45 PM
I have to say this case reminds me of the disappearance and later discovery of Corryn Rayney's body in WA. Her body languished for about 10 days before it was found and of course because of her husband's legal standing and connections they were ready to pounce on any statements by the police or media that could commence legal proceedings. I have to admire the way the Queensland Police have been conducting themselves in this matter.

laserdisc10
05-02-2012, 11:49 PM
I personally don't think the parents are involved. The more people you involve, the more likely that someone will contradict you and the larger amount of forensic evidence. And the more people you ask for help the bigger the risk that someone will tell the police. Just my thoughts on the parents.

I also don't think the infamous 'kiss' is an indication that they are sociopaths. Unfortunately the kiss happened and I wish I hadn't been watching the news that night when they showed it.

I used to believe that too. Then, over a period of many years, I observed a family which seemed to suffer, collectively, from scum genes

Oh, on the surface they were lovely. Friendly, even appearing humble at times. To begin with, I didn't know their history - didn't know that those of middle-age had, in their youth, been proper little monsters - break and enter, drunk driving, bullying, cowardice, etc. etc.

Was only when they became parents themselves to children of the same ilk, that I first observed them. The younger generation members were into drugs, drug-dealing, theft, arson, break and enter, bullying, lying, general trouble-making, etc.

For example, one of the sons was an arsonist (and bully, thief, break and enter, trashing people's lovely homes, etc. etc.) In each instance of arson, for example, HE was the one to phone the fire-brigade. THEN he dashed out heroically to 'save the poor animals' (he'd set fire to a small natural reserve within a nice suburban area. The fire-brigade gave him particular mention in the news reports, saying what an outstanding young lad he was, how the fire could have done much more damage if he hadn't so promptly called the fire-brigade)

After several fires in close proximity to the boy's home (with him first to ring the fire-brigade in each instance) the penny began to drop. Finally, years later, he set fire to a pioneer shack near a golf course. An old tramp was known to live in it some of the time. It was a rural stretch of land. Everyone knew the old man spent a lot of time in the shack. No-one said anything or objected. He did no harm and kept out of sight 90% of the time. By this point, the now mid-teens arsonist was being regarded by those who knew his history, as a danger. He was finally expelled for other 'activities'. Family clustered 'round and installed him in a boarding school. He bullied a kid. That kid took his own life. Don't know if the arsonist played a role, but again he played hero and told everyone how he'd tried to defend the dead boy. Did a sad-face. I wasn't the only one to see the sly half-smile

Then stealing from other boarders became an issue. The boarding school expelled him. Again the family clustered around and the grandmother took him in. In no time, she'd had a stroke and shingles. Couldn't cope with him. On and on. Back to the father. Boy broke into several factory premises. Stole, trashed them. The owners took on the role of security men themselves. Caught him red-handed. Found the bolt-cutters he'd been using to gain access. Up before a magistrate. Father sang a song, hired another barrister/solicitor team. Boy was ordered to do community-service. And guess where he was placed, after the father and family had called in favours, whined, lied and played victim, etc. Yes, the local fire-brigade had him dumped on them because, as the father whined to the magistrate, ' He's always wanted to be a fire-man. Always just wanted to help people'. His stay there didn't last long. He ran away and became a security-guard, lol. Was dumped from there, too, eventually. Last I heard, a couple of guys online were vowing to put him out of his latest line of business. Bad penny. And probably always will be

Meanwhile, the others of this family's younger generation were gaining a name for themselves further up the coast in Queensland. Drug dealing and using, drunken stupidity, car stealing, tantrum throwing and general low-lives. But so much was covered-up by the extended family via bribes, favours and who they knew. And throughout, the middle-aged family members were running respected businesses in several areas in Qld

The older family members were still up to shennanigans of their own, involving insurance-fraud, drunk driving, domestic violence, underpaying or not paying staff, threatening staff, black-balling staff who'd quit, general skullduggery, etc.

Every single time any of these ratbags was in danger of having to face the consequences of their crimes and actions, the entire clan swung into action, including relocation, immediate hiring of solicitors and barristers -- even paying off the night-reporters at court. One of the kids trashed several expensive houses. Even smashed up their cars with crow-bars. Smashed framed family-portraits and treasured momentos. Even relieved themselves on the carpets and beds. More barristers/solicitors. More paying-off night-reporters to keep the kids' names out of it. Blamed other kids, blamed everyone in sight. The usual tactics -- spread the blame, cast blame on those who's parents couldn't afford barristers, solicitors and bribes. Just keep the putrid 'family name' out of it, no matter the cost. Even 'gifted' the local church and school with expensive electrical items in return for the local clergy putting in a good name for them

They're still at it, spread all over the country. Their attitude is one of ' No-one tells ME ! No-one blames ME ! No-one holds ME accountable ! I don't follow rules ... I MAKE the rules !' (heard them say this and laugh countless times, as did others)

They go on about 'the family name'. They live by the motto (and teach it to their kids) ' It's not what you do that matters. What matters is not being caught ! That's all they care about -- being seen to be guilty of something. That's the shame as far as they're concerned and they everything in their power to avoid being 'seen' (i.e., proved) guilty of anything. It enrages their egos when they are caught and exposed. And they do everything in their well-practised power to evade being seen to be guilty of something. They have no conscience whatsoever and believe only suckers and 'lower people', 'stupid people', 'people who don't know anyone important' are those who're caught and brought to justice

Keyboredom
05-02-2012, 11:54 PM
No, she doesn't.

Tiff07, you've replied a couple of times re. the mistress, however your last description/details of her leads to an innocent bystander who is not the person in question. Therefore, are your answers based on the person you think it is, because it appears you have the wrong person.

Sebastian01
05-02-2012, 11:57 PM
First time comment. I found it odd that whoever took Allison away from home would travel toward the roundabout then turn right at Moggill. If they had an intent to take her to the Anstead area, I would have thought they would have travelled the back way via Rafting Ground road. The Kenmore roundabout is a busy area, and the direction itself is heading toward highly populated suburbs. Unless, of course, they were racing her to the hospital after they realised what they had done. On another thought, it is highly unlikely that the person that murdered Allison had done this previously. They would not have been thinking rationally, and if GBC is involved the scout area may have been the first area that came to mind. Lots of rumours in the local community (GBC has more than scratches on him), and whilst the information we have all heard seems to point to one person, I think we should be prudent in jumping to conclusions.

mumof2
05-03-2012, 12:03 AM
hi i have been avidly reading this thread from the first post. I know of the family through children attending the same school. Its a terrible tragedy - hard to believe that someone you saw the day before she went missing is now gone - I dont know how her kids and parents are coping.

my thinking about this is that ABC knew about the affair. i do not beleive that she went to "confront" anyone - from what i have seen she was quiet and unassuming - pretty much what most people have said.

Given the comments re GBC being a womaniser - do we know there was only one g/f? maybe there are a couple that have been interviewed.

i am not surprised that things came to a head when they did. the brookfield ball a week away, the show coming up, the stress of having to play happy families through all that must have been excessive for all of them.

i think she was killed at home after the fight that has been reported. I dont think the other woman was present because if she knew anything other than being able to provide motive the QPS would have cracked her by now. i think it was a situation that escalated and got out of hand. maybe the other woman called the house and that triggered the fight - who knows? if he was abusive like people have been saying maybe he didnt like the dinner she cooked, could have been anything.

i do think the father is involved at least after the fact. maybe he drove to the parents on route to getting rid of her to tell his dad what he has done and to ask him to go the house to be there in case one of the kids woke up. They are obviously super close - his dad was in the business. the father is obviously also a hard arse weirdo - he has been on GBC like white on rice since this happened - i believe to keep him focused and quiet.

i think the kids are the key to this - as maverick has been intimating from the beginning - one of them at least knows what has happened to her and have told the police something suss on that first morning and the QPS are just trying to get enough evidence to make an arrest.

IMO

alicat
05-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Maybe he needed petrol? I always forget to fill my car up and then am madly running late.

Or, he may have originally been heading to Mount Cootha and then decided against it?

Salem
05-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Please continue here: Found Deceased Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks,

Salem