PDA

View Full Version : Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

kiwijayne
04-20-2012, 08:23 AM
This lady is missing less than 1km from my house
http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

kiwijayne
04-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Just been past her house and it is all taped off. There are about 3 helicopters overhead and plenty of police/search and rescue.

kiwijayne
04-23-2012, 05:25 AM
Still missing and now they are treating it as a crime investigation. They are treating her husband and other people close to the couple the same.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/police-step-up-search-for-mother-of-three-allison-baden-clay-missing-in-brookfield/story-e6freoof-1226335681703

Myserty64
04-23-2012, 05:49 AM
The releases from the police have 'changed' somewhat from the first day.

I seriously doubt she has just up and left her children behind.
As far as we know her husband was the last person to see her.
The investigation would start from him and move out from there.

kiwijayne
04-23-2012, 06:26 AM
The releases from the police have 'changed' somewhat from the first day.

I seriously doubt she has just up and left her children behind.
As far as we know her husband was the last person to see her.
The investigation would start from him and move out from there.

Yes and like they say we live in a rural area the property I live on is 2.5 acres and we have a small property. Most of the ones round here are much bigger. We are not far from the State Forest, plenty of water ways and hilly areas. So it wouldn't be hard to get lost or hide from searchers.

kiwijayne
04-23-2012, 06:29 AM
I would go and search myself but I only moved here 5 months ago so unfamiliar with the area and I had a fall last week and have 2 broken toes. So you can imagine it is hard for me to walk long distances. We have been around and searched our property though.

Myserty64
04-23-2012, 08:09 AM
In newspaper reports on Sunday it was suggested 'an abduction was ruled out and police had some suspicions.'

From where I sit I have some suspicions too.
Let's face it, not many young mothers just disappear without a trace.

However, today, police stated the missing woman's husband is no longer a person of interest.
I wonder how that came about?

Police should know where her mobile phone was pinging from and also where it stopped pinging.

Police would not respond to questions about a disturbance at the house the night the lady disappeared.

This investigation has a way to go yet.

butwhatif?
04-23-2012, 09:19 AM
~23rd April 12:00am~

POLICE stepped up the search for Brookfield mother Allison Baden-Clay after confirming that her disappearance was being treated as a crime investigation.

They confirmed that Gerard Baden-Clay, the husband of the missing woman and the father of her three girls, was a person of interest in the investigation along with a number of people close to the couple.

Insp Gundry refused to comment on the suggestion of a disturbance at the home on the night of Ms Baden-Clay's disappearance.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/police-step-up-search-for-mother-of-three-allison-baden-clay-missing-in-brookfield/story-e6freoof-1226335681703

~April 23rd 2:41PM~
He confirmed it was still a missing person’s investigation and that Allison’s husband, Gerard Baden-Clay, was no longer a person of interest.

Supt Ainsworth said there was no obvious reason for Allison not to return home.

Ms Baden-Clay was last seen wearing a grey tracksuit, a black or grey top and white sneakers.

It is believed she left her home before 6am Friday morning to go for her regular walk.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/missing-mum-allison-baden-clays-parents-in-tearful-plea-for-help/story-e6freoof-1226336283974

The following link shows the homes location on google maps.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/sunday-mail/frantic-search-for-mother-of-three/story-e6frep2f-1226335230727

Praying for her safe return.

taagean
04-23-2012, 11:01 AM
So, if LE has ruled out the husband so quickly, they must be suspicious of someone else in the home that night - part of the "disturbance" they won't comment on.

Wonder whether the term "ruling out" is the same as 'cleared' in these kind of investigations.

I sure hope Alison is found OK.

KaylynnCouture
04-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Family Makes a Plea

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/familys-painful-plea-for-missing-mother-of-three-allison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226336572342

kiwijayne
04-23-2012, 05:56 PM
The plea they made was heartbreaking to say the least. I was interested at the end where they said call the parents or police but not the husband. Was a curious observation.

EdinburghLass
04-23-2012, 06:12 PM
kiwijayne - I was just thinking the same thing. This is all over the news here in Sydney this morning.

kiwijayne
04-23-2012, 06:18 PM
kiwijayne - I was just thinking the same thing. This is all over the news here in Sydney this morning.

They only just came to our door yesterday with a flyer about her. We live about and I just google mapped it 500 metres from her house. It is very sad and I hope they find her soon.

Also I live in a share house with other people there are 3 females and 4 males and we have decided to start locking all the doors at night. It has really shaken us up a bit till we know what happened. I'm currently in Oz on my own waiting for my partner to come over from NZ and as I don't have a car I won't be walking around on my own.

EdinburghLass
04-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I find it odd that they are telling people to check their properties for her. I wonder if they think she got in a fight with her husband and got injured and walked away dazed?

kiwijayne
04-23-2012, 06:27 PM
I find it odd that they are telling people to check their properties for her. I wonder if they think she got in a fight with her husband and got injured and walked away dazed?

The thing is that majority of the houses round here are on acreage this is covered with bush/dams and water etc. What they suggest is a good idea as most owners round here know their properties well so would be easier for them to check. I was wondering about that too whether there was a fight and she took off. There are so many places to hide in this area.

Myserty64
04-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Has the husband made a public appeal for help in finding his wife?
Have the police issued a warning for local residents to 'beef up' their security?

We are at day five. It is a long time to be away from the three children.

The police will have gathered a lot of information by now.

Just where is is Alison Baden-Clay?

kiwijayne
04-24-2012, 04:06 AM
Well this partially explains why the husband wasn't at the press conference. He was in a car accident after driving into a big concrete pole
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/missing-mum-allison-baden-clays-husband-gerard-in-hospital-after-in-car-crash/story-e6freoof-1226336841867

No we haven't been told to beef up security etc.

Myserty64
04-24-2012, 04:27 AM
It won't be long before this crime is solved.

Mrs G Norris
04-24-2012, 05:40 AM
Husband speaks: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/missing-mum-allison-baden-clays-husband-gerard-in-hospital-after-in-car-crash/story-e6freoof-1226336841867

Video: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8456598/search-for-qld-mum-wont-rest-on-anzac-day

Mrs G Norris
04-24-2012, 05:42 AM
'I've spoken to the police about everything' as he shakes his head NO. I agree with Myserty64 soon to be solved.

Mrs G Norris
04-24-2012, 05:45 AM
...and his sister keeps giving him sidelong glances, looks more genuinely devastated than he is and uncomfortable.

kiwijayne
04-24-2012, 06:39 AM
It is a very curious case indeed

EdinburghLass
04-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Why are so many different things being reported? It's now a missing persons investigation and not a criminal one?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-25/police-step-up-search-for-missing-woman/3971046

Police are continuing investigations into the disappearance of a 43-year-old woman from Brisbane's west.

Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing when she did not return from an early morning walk last Thursday near her home Brookfield.

Her family says the disappearance is out of character.

Police say the matter is being treated as a missing persons case and not a criminal investigation.

EdinburghLass
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
ALLISON Baden-Clay speaks six languages, is a former beauty queen and ballet star, corporate high-flyer and successful businesswoman, and the mother of three beautiful daughters.

Now her grieving family, and police trying to piece together the mystery of Mrs Baden-Clay's disappearance, are struggling to reason why the 43-year-old would voluntarily walk away from the world she had created.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/search-to-resume-for-missing-brookfield-woman-allison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767#ixzz1t0WOPNEd

Mrs G Norris
04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
I think they are just saying it is a missing persons case and keeping it in that realm while they focus on the husband and treat it like a probable homicide. An early morning walk. This reminds me so much of the Nancy Cooper case. JMO.

itsthevibe
04-24-2012, 10:03 PM
I met Gerard Baden-Clay many years ago and i thought he was scary. There was just something very cold and weird about him. Not anger or anything, more that eerie feeling that something underlying is very wrong. This might seem hard to believe but i actually said to myself at the time "He is evil".

This was about 7 years ago and i had no reason to have anything against him, it was at a conference or community meeting for local business identities and he was just another person there. But it was a very significant feeling I had, it really creeped me out. When i read she was missing it gave me chills.

I hope she is found alive. I think there are two options here - 1. she has become distressed and scared, partially due to depressive and psychological issues, and partially due to marriage troubles and her husband being perhaps psychologically abusive, then walked off into the wilderness and had an accident, or 2. her husband is responsible. I wont go into my thoughts on that at this point.

As others have mentioned some of the news reports have been conflicting, with some saying she was last seen around 10pm in the evening, and others saying the husband said he last saw her when she went on her early morning walk the next morning.

Mrs G Norris
04-24-2012, 10:22 PM
^ I would say it was possible she had walked off angry and became unable to return for some unknown reason if a) he didn't look like a liar on camera, and b) he hadn't had a one-vehicle car accident that weekend.

Thank you for your personal insights! And yes, agree, it's the vibe.

kiwijayne
04-24-2012, 11:01 PM
We have had the police come round this morning and take all our names etc in our house. They also asked if we had ever seen her and whether we were home Thursday night. I got the impression that they think she actually had been missing since Thursday night and not on Friday morning like they say.

They also asked us about suspicious cars or anything out of place etc and they did a search of our property.

Mrs G Norris
04-24-2012, 11:08 PM
^ so they're not buying the 'went for a walk Friday morning' story either then.

kiwijayne
04-24-2012, 11:15 PM
^ so they're not buying the 'went for a walk Friday morning' story either then.

I don't think they are.

It is funny what Itsthevibe said because I saw the photos and got a creepy feeling about him. But in saying that someone I know used to work for the husband and she said he worshipped the wife. But who knows one persona for the public and one persona for home.

Liadan
04-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Hate to say it but 9/10 times its the partner; maybe they are just taking the pressure off him to see how he reacts. It can't be easy for the kids having their dad as a person of interest. These kids would be in school and the police probably being careful about what they let on. Everyone closely associated with the missing women would be a person of interest I would imagine. I think they are giving him a bit of breathing space.

But who knows the couple could have been estranged and there may be more to the dissappearance. As she had her phone she could have called/texted someone to pick her up. Maybe she took a bag with her - they are treating as a missing person then perhaps some of her belongings are gone with her.

itsthevibe
04-25-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't think they are.

It is funny what Itsthevibe said because I saw the photos and got a creepy feeling about him. But in saying that someone I know used to work for the husband and she said he worshipped the wife. But who knows one persona for the public and one persona for home.

Yes so true - and sometimes worshipping the wife can lead to even more dramtic emotions when things go wrong, you know, if they are obsessed or something. I won't dwell on his possible involvement at this stage because I feel that if he is not responsible it would be going too far, and it is possible she has been distressed and ended up having an accident on her walk. But the whole thing really does worry me.

I can't see how she can be alive and well, I simply do not think a mother of those 3 beautiful girls would disappear and not communicate with them to let people know she is OK, let alone leave the children for any length of time at all. Maybe there is a slim chance of her being found alive and unconscious or dazed, but I think its only slim. Very sad and no doubt her parents are beside themselves as each day goes by.

kiwijayne
04-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Maybe she did have an accident apparently there are plenty of mine shafts in this area due to it being a gold mining area(a long time ago).

revampz
04-25-2012, 12:39 AM
Have just come on here today and am glad to see this case on Websleuths after hearing about it alot.....I have noticed the Courier Mail had a big article on her and she has had a very interesting life and is highly educated.

Unfortunately I think the husband is responsible for her disappearance and the outcome is not going to be good.

http://www.news.com.au/national/search-to-resume-for-missing-brookfield-woman-allison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767

I hope I am wrong.

Bennycat
04-25-2012, 01:01 AM
There were conflicting reports on the media as to when her walk occurred - late Thursday night vs Friday morning. Huband reported her missing Friday am. However neighbours dog was rocketing down the back yard on the Thursday night. If something happened on the Thursday pm, there are a few potentiallly unaccounted hours in between. Also, his accident could have been an attempt to disguise existing damage to vehicle? I live not far from Brookfield. I doubt a woman could be abducted on the Friday morning in broad daylight without someone seeing it - a lot of business people live in Brookfield and drive to Brisbane and are up and about early morning. If no-one saw her on her am walk, then it didn't happen and we are back to Thurday pm. There is a road called Gap Creek Road in Kenmore Hills not very far from their house that leads to state forest type areas - I keep thinking she could be there.

itsthevibe
04-25-2012, 01:51 AM
There were conflicting reports on the media as to when her walk occurred - late Thursday night vs Friday morning. Huband reported her missing Friday am. However neighbours dog was rocketing down the back yard on the Thursday night. If something happened on the Thursday pm, there are a few potentiallly unaccounted hours in between. Also, his accident could have been an attempt to disguise existing damage to vehicle? I live not far from Brookfield. I doubt a woman could be abducted on the Friday morning in broad daylight without someone seeing it - a lot of business people live in Brookfield and drive to Brisbane and are up and about early morning. If no-one saw her on her am walk, then it didn't happen and we are back to Thurday pm. There is a road called Gap Creek Road in Kenmore Hills not very far from their house that leads to state forest type areas - I keep thinking she could be there.

It freaks me out to think that you could be right. Posts of others also have good points.

Once we find out what has happened i will write more about my thoughts on it from the beginning.

I feel quite sick about it - living in the area just makes it all the more real, and I've even met one of the daughters, a very sweet little girl.

kiwijayne
04-25-2012, 02:43 AM
The latest is now they are saying she did walk out of the house at 10pm Thursday and they are appealing for sightings of the family cars that have now been impounded. Not looking good at all IMHO. They are also looking for her clothes she was last seen wearing.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/police-appeal-over-family-cars/story-e6freoof-1226338105411

kiwijayne
04-25-2012, 03:54 AM
I'm not sure but they have changed the story again. Now this report says she was last seen at 10pm and the husband reported her missing after she failed to come home after a early morning walk.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/missing-mum-police-plea-for-witnesses-20120425-1xk24.html

Myserty64
04-25-2012, 04:42 AM
Many good posts here.

Now we hear of a scratch on his face the day he reported her missing.

Sadly, it seems the outcome in this case is going to be bad one.
The police will have a ton of information and will methodically build a case.
The pressure on the perpetrator will intensify dramatically until it reaches breaking point.

kiwijayne
04-25-2012, 05:16 AM
On the news tonight it has been released that they have interviewed a close family friend of the husband who used to work for him. So it is getting stranger and more likely that she is no longer with us sadly.

Myserty64
04-25-2012, 05:39 AM
No prizes for guessing who will know the area really well either.
This knowledge is invaluable when one wants to conceal something.

Thanks to those who have shared their local knowledge here.

Liadan
04-25-2012, 05:43 AM
'I've spoken to the police about everything' as he shakes his head NO. I agree with Myserty64 soon to be solved.

A positive I guess is that he is not talking about his wife in the past tense. But as Mrs G Norris says the body language is not looking good. Shaking your head while you say something positive is not the hallmark of a truthful statement.

So much confusion about her timeline doesn't bode well. Someone knows and is just not talking. I wonder what the kids have to say!

:moo:

kiwijayne
04-25-2012, 09:36 AM
The latest update. They triangulated her phone and found it was still in one of these three suburbs Brookfield, Kenmore and Pullenvale. So I guess there will be lots more searching done
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/allison-baden-clays-fading-mobile-phone-signal-used-to-triangulate-her-last-known-location-to-area-spanning-three-suburbs-of-brisbane/story-e6freoof-1226338302828

Rachel22
04-25-2012, 03:32 PM
watching this one with interest - the husband certainly looks to me as if he is not being truthful. The car accident he had is a strange one too - certain things just don't add up. I agree that the outcome does not look good here. I feel so sorry for those children.

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Is everybody else is getting an affair vibe off this 'former work colleague of Mr Baden-Clay'?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/allison-baden-clays-fading-mobile-phone-signal-used-to-triangulate-her-last-known-location-to-area-spanning-three-suburbs-of-brisbane/story-e6freoof-1226338302828

A police spokesman said Mr Baden-Clay was staying with his parents and had provided "a version to police in relation to specific matters" about a scratch on his face.

http://www.news.com.au/national/time-is-running-out-for-missing-brisbane-mum-allison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226338462814

Oh dear.

kiwijayne
04-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Is everybody else is getting an affair vibe off this 'former work colleague of Mr Baden-Clay'?

A police spokesman said Mr Baden-Clay was staying with his parents and had provided "a version to police in relation to specific matters" about a scratch on his face.

http://www.news.com.au/national/time-is-running-out-for-missing-brisbane-mum-allison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226338462814

Oh dear.

Funny you should mention an affair someone else I know knows for certain that he was having an affair with someone. It is a tight knit community here in Brookfield.

I think that the police have now formulated what has happened. The wife has found out, they had a fight and she took off. While doing that either she has met with an accident or he has followed her and something else has happened to her.

Either way it is not shaping up to be a good outcome.

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 06:09 PM
....or he and wife had a heated argument and things got completely out of hand....

'Neighbours reported hearing what sounded like arguing from the family home on Brookfield Rd at Brookfield not long before she disappeared about 10pm on Thursday, April 19.'

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/search-to-resume-for-missing-brookfield-woman-allison-baden-clay/story-e6frg6oo-1226337675767

....he 'soft kills' her, takes her into the bush, returns home, then reports her missing the next morning.

kiwijayne
04-25-2012, 06:19 PM
....or he and wife had a heated argument and things got completely out of hand....

'Neighbours reported hearing what sounded like arguing from the family home on Brookfield Rd at Brookfield not long before she disappeared about 10pm on Thursday, April 19.'

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/search-to-resume-for-missing-brookfield-woman-allison-baden-clay/story-e6frg6oo-1226337675767

....he 'soft kills' her, takes her into the bush, returns home, then reports her missing the next morning.

Or that. I was thinking along the lines too that the other lady came to the house to stay with the kids(in case they woke up and rang the police if both parents weren't in the house). Then he went off and got rid of her.

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 06:26 PM
^ or he just left them there... Noticed the channel 9 reporter spoke of Allison in the past tense this morning on 'Today', perhaps they know more than they are able to mention on air. Also noticed whenever they show the black and white family portrait they zoom in on the husband's face, not Allison's as you would expect if they thought she was simply missing.

kiwijayne
04-25-2012, 06:30 PM
^ or he just left them there... Noticed the channel 9 reporter spoke of Allison in the past tense this morning on 'Today', perhaps they know more than they are able to mention on air. Also noticed whenever they show the black and white family portrait they zoom in on the husband's face, not Allison's as you would expect if they thought she was simply missing.

Maybe they do know more than they are letting on. I think they are trying to get peoples memories going to report any strange sightings on Thursday night.

Yoda
04-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Eight police officers back at residence.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/

Myserty64
04-25-2012, 07:28 PM
At 9:30am local time this investigation is about to take a dramatic turn.

Yoda
04-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Hmm now they are saying the police are at his parents house in kenmore? 8police 3 patrol cars

Sorry, maybe it said parents house first and I misread. :(

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Where are you guys getting updates from?

Yoda
04-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Where are you guys getting updates from?

Sorry. My page didnt reload so just saw this. I'm following two reporters on twitter, but have to wait until they post on the news site to add info. If you search Baden-clay on twitter right now they just posted another update on the search of his parents property. Can't post here until it goes to msm though :/

Fyi You don't have to be a member of twitter to search.

EdinburghLass
04-25-2012, 08:02 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/new-development-in-search-for-missing-mother-allison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226338602877

THREE police cars have arrived at a house in Brisbane's west where the husband of missing woman Allison Baden-Clay is staying.

The cars arrived at 9am and eight officers entered the house, which is home to the parents of Mrs Baden-Clay's husband, Gerard.

Yoda
04-25-2012, 08:06 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/. They will probably be doing another update soon. Nothing dramatic, just observations from the search of his parent's property.

Liadan
04-25-2012, 08:12 PM
4 bags of 'evidence' I wonder what sort of evidence would have been seized...

Yoda
04-25-2012, 08:17 PM
4 bags of 'evidence' I wonder what sort of evidence would have been seized...

I know. Since it was from his parent's house, where he and his daughters are staying now, maybe the clothes he had to look for fibers? A reporter did say a laptop was taken as evidence and also the garden shed was searched. Maybe they were looking for a missing shovel or an extra shovel in the shed? Not much media coverage but the courier mail seems to be on top of the developments.

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Well. I think we can see where this is going. Tragic. I hope he does the right thing and makes a confession so she can be recovered for a timely funeral. Sorry to sound so sure of the worst.

Yoda
04-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Courier mail reporter, steeletallon, has a photo of the police leaving with evidence on twitter.Waiting for it to be posted on the site.

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Pic of police leaving the house ..

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/Mrs_G_Norris/baden-clay.jpg

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/Mrs_G_Norris/Baden%20Clay/642320-police-at-baden-clay-parents-house.jpg

Myserty64
04-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Radio 4BC in Brisbane had an interview with the (chief crime writer?) from the Courier Mail.
The reporter is out in the field on this case.

There seems to be a lot of cat and mouse stuff going on but that is normal.

Mrs G Norris is on the money with regard to where this is heading.

I wonder if the detectives in the photo are from the homicide division?

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Good question!! Are there staff pics somewhere of Brisbane detectives?

Myserty64
04-25-2012, 09:30 PM
I wonder what the laptop will reveal.
Are there numerous visits to reports on this investigation? Was google earth used frequently? Any checking on likely sentences eg manslaughter?
It will all be on the hard drive.

Can you imagine having eight detectives going through your house? A lot of people will be on tenterhooks.

I'm still waiting for something dramatic (read case-breaking).

Not sure about photos of detectives.

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Yeah no luck on the staff pics .. massive long shot! Yes, the laptop will be a treat. Will also reveal ALL email exchanges between him and his 'female friend' which could be rather revealing, in particular in regards to his attitude towards Allison.

Oh what a wicked web we weave...

Bennycat
04-25-2012, 09:43 PM
This release is interesting - Police appear to have confined the search area into zones including a hot zone.

"Police said they had yesterday managed to triangulate Mrs Baden Clay's IPhone, before the battery ran flat, to a location spanning three suburbs in Brisbane's west" - don't think this is right - Police would have done this earlier than yesterday.

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Three police cars now at the Century 21 office where he works. That'll be the rest of those emails and computer searches all wrapped up.

Info via Steele Tallon on Twitter.

itsthevibe
04-25-2012, 10:06 PM
As others have said, it's not looking good for Allison to be found alive, and not looking good for him to be innocent.

What do others think happened? Scenarios? The police actions dont indicate they think she just had an accident after going for a walk. I think we've gone past this being the case.

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Personally don't think it was pre-meditated based on the bad 'versions' he gave around her disappearance and his reaction afterwards: crashing the car. I would say that a fight started that got out of hand, something was said that threatened him and he lost it. Then he disposed of her.

Reporters on Twitter saying big developments to continue this afternoon in the investigation of her disappearance. Wonder what they know that they can't say.

bikerchick
04-25-2012, 10:33 PM
I think the husband didn't kill her but knows exactly who did. He was having an affair and apparently that was quite well known. My sis, who is a hairdresser in Kenmore heard from one of the salon owners. It doesn't make sense for him to kill her.

Wonder if she went outside, the other woman clocked her, they drove off, disposed of the body. They would both know the area and housing very well...

itsthevibe
04-25-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm at a loss to understand why anyone would say it doesnt make sense for him to have killed her? He's the husband, he lives with her, and he's having an affair. And there has been a confirmed report that an argument was heard at the house on the Thursday night.

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 10:46 PM
The risk of losing half your assets and access to children could have the desired effect of heating up any argument to the point of irrational in my opinion.

bikerchick
04-25-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm at a loss to understand why anyone would say it doesnt make sense for him to have killed her? He's the husband, he lives with her, and he's having an affair. And there has been a confirmed report that an argument was heard at the house on the Thursday night.

Due to his profile in the area - why risk everything in the heat of the moment. The affair was long term, what's to suggest she didn't already know? I feel gutted for the kids.

Bennycat
04-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Witnesses hear arguing on Thursday pm which was also the night the neighbours dog went beserk. She may have stormed out, heading for her car when the incident occurred or it may have happened inside the house - can't reconcile whether a mum would leave her kids. He has then driven her in her vehicle. He was still driving her vehicle days after the incident maybe to keep the vehicle within his control and/or to lose forensic material from tyres/wheels. He had an accident which seems deliberate - perhaps to disguise existing damage; or to create an explanation for other defensive marks on his body the police have not yet seen. The accident location versus his alleged destination of Indooropilly Police Station don't make sense. The search hot zone appears to be almost within eyeshot of his parent's house.

Mrs G Norris
04-25-2012, 10:55 PM
She may have dropped the word 'divorce' into the mix and meant it. People are people, high profile or not, and you know whether you're rich or poor, well known or not, we are all driven by the same primal urges.

bikerchick
04-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Yes the crashing at Indro shopping centre on the way to the police station doesn't add up at all. The police station is next to the Indro shopping centre turn off, not on it.

The car was supposedly a "friends" -

itsthevibe
04-25-2012, 11:09 PM
When people are in a state where they commit a murder I dont think the issue of their profile in the area enters their mind. That kicks in later after they've killed and they start to try to cover up and save themselves.

I mean, what about the issue of someone being a psychopath and being able to do anything quite coldly. I've read excerpts of the book - "The Sociopath among us" (I think thats the title - it's by Hare). It explains how we are surrounded by people who act and seem quite normal but there are loads of subtle differences, and these people can ultimately do quite cold and harsh acts against others with no conscience whatsoever if the mood takes them or the situation arises.

He's already shown he's a liar and a cheat by having a long-term affair - people who have affairs commit masses of lies every day to cover up their affair.

itsthevibe
04-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Many good posts here.

Now we hear of a scratch on his face the day he reported her missing.

Sadly, it seems the outcome in this case is going to be bad one.
The police will have a ton of information and will methodically build a case.
The pressure on the perpetrator will intensify dramatically until it reaches breaking point.

I think this earlier post is on the money.
I wonder how long it will take ....

BobSuruncle
04-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Both of their cars were at their home when the police arrived on Friday AM, and they were taken out by the police on Saturday AM for testing. The police have 24*7 onsite presence at their house (since this began), so he cannot have had an accident in her car.
I have been told the car he crashed was a 'friends'.

ozazure
04-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Was the car accident a suicide attempt perhaps? Hope this is resolved quickly.

bikerchick
04-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Latest from Twitter is that the searches were "standard police investigation"

Also 4 hours mounted police search today http://t.co/WqYqQCaI

EdinburghLass
04-26-2012, 12:41 AM
Was the car accident a suicide attempt perhaps? Hope this is resolved quickly.

From what I've seen, he crashed at a relatively low speed into a bus stop at a shopping centre carpark. So I don't think it was a suicide attempt. Maybe drug or alcohol related? IMO.

Bennycat
04-26-2012, 02:43 AM
Local shopkeeper says Gerard has been arrested but not yet seeing anything in media to support this.

itsthevibe
04-26-2012, 02:56 AM
Anyone have any updates? I'm interstate now and local news is a bit behind with the reporting ..

Mrs G Norris
04-26-2012, 03:05 AM
Gerard back home after the search apparently. The 'hot zone' looks rather small: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/new-development-in-search-for-missing-mother-allison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226338602877

Also there is a candlelight vigil tonight according to Channel 9 news.

Liadan
04-26-2012, 04:58 AM
Gone quiet for the night, no doubt there will be more new in the AM. Just can't help thinking that the signal from her iPhone is probably nowhere near where she really is. More like a red herring to throw the everyone off the real whereabouts. Do we really know she left for a walk at 10pm Thursday with her phone - did she even have her phone, the 'abductor' could have tossed her phone. And tell me this....who lets their wife go walking at 10pm at night?

EdinburghLass
04-26-2012, 05:25 AM
Police will be displaying a mannequin on Brookfield Road, Brookfield depicting missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay in an attempt to gain further information from the public.

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/26/mannequin-to-be-used-in-search-for-missing-brookfield-woman/

kiwijayne
04-26-2012, 05:26 AM
Gone quiet for the night, no doubt there will be more new in the AM. Just can't help thinking that the signal from her iPhone is probably nowhere near where she really is. More like a red herring to throw the everyone off the real whereabouts. Do we really know she left for a walk at 10pm Thursday with her phone - did she even have her phone, the 'abductor' could have tossed her phone. And tell me this....who lets their wife go walking at 10pm at night?

Exactly and this area is very dark at night there are virtually no street lights at all. Just great open areas that are very dark.

I had an alternative maybe by chance she did leave the house and was hit by a car. Then they got rid of her but that is too much of a coincidence.

itsthevibe
04-26-2012, 05:29 AM
As far as I know Gerard the husband is the only one who reported she went on the walk. So yes, we dont know for sure f she really did.

I find it odd that he has said she went out on Thursday night and he didnt report anything until the morning. That seems very strange to me and there hasn't been any reason given as to why he would wait all night. Wouldnt he be worried sick?

I also wonder why he didnt particpate in the search? If he was devastated at her being missing and desperately wanting to find her, surely he would have been out there searching, combing the fields, not getting any sleep until he found her. But then she isnt his adored wife is she? He had been having an affair for 2 years.

I wonder what the forensics will show of the cars which they have impounded. They could be looking for evidence of the cars being driven in the night, or having transported a body.

I believe the police are trying to build a case against him and just not revealing it. The search is justified as it is for her body.

If she turns up alive and well I'll be shocked. (although pleased)

kiwijayne
04-26-2012, 05:35 AM
They searched the land around my work today(I work in Brookfield as well). I will be very surprised also if she is found alive.

brisbane
04-26-2012, 06:53 AM
I understand the affair was common knowledge prior to thurs night.

kiwijayne
04-26-2012, 07:06 AM
I understand the affair was common knowledge prior to thurs night.

It was apparently.

Mrs G Norris
04-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Husband 'a mess' as search continues: http://www.news.com.au/national/husband-a-mess-as-hunt-for-wife-allison-baden-clay-goes-on/story-e6frfkvr-1226339293043

Keyboredom
04-26-2012, 04:35 PM
I live very near the missing lady's house too, so would just like to point out that living in the area doesn't make me an expert, and local gossip in Brisbane's 'leafy western suburbs' is one of its biggest problems. People take an inch and create a mile. I can guarantee the husband would not be the only local to be carrying on a 'common knowledge' affair ... and this couple would not be the only ones who argue regularly - the place is a pit of fakery and snootiness, and everyone is so nosey he'd have to have a network of tunnels to escape the Flying Monkeys of Brookfield. The disadvantage Gerard Baden-Clay has is his high(ish) profile, being an aspiring business person and social climber in the local community - he's never been under the radar of the locals.

Anyone quoting the 'story changing' through this last 8 days needs to remember most people are basing their knowledge on reporting from news.com.au and The Courier Mail, widely known to be sources of some of the most inaccurate and shoddy reporting on the planet. If you read any of the news.com.au articles almost every one contains an inaccuracy, from "Allison Baden Clay's sister-in-law talks about her sister" to the recent "Gerard Baden-Clay collects clothes at 4 pm and arrives at his parents and 4.55 am." They are just poor quality on detail and editing, and you can be sure their ability to transcribe facts given by the police is equally poor.

And, before people jump on a barking dog and an affair as proof / motive, bear in mind their house has no immediate neighbours - it adjoins a church and a childcare centre, both of which were empty on the night she disappeared. The area is full of wildlife and a distant neighbour's dog barking is a ridiculous thing to be so widely reported - there's even a picture of the dog in the paper, which shows how short of anything useful the newspaper is. As mentioned, the husband would be one of a number of locals engaged in affairs, if this is proven, and none of them have previously done anything to their wives (except give them money and sports cars to keep them quiet).

Some of the posts here suggest he was since driving an impounded car and destroying possible evidence - really people should check their facts before posting on here as a witchhunt, the couple's kids might get to read this one day and you would hope people would stick to facts, show some sensitivity and keep gossip and personal dislike for the guy's mannerisms out of it.

Obviously the police have chosen the prime suspect in the case. The circumstantial evidence, unusual covering story and following events, scratches on the husband, and some of the investigations of the couple's relationship all look bad for him. Judging by questions asked by the police, both locally and in the media, I don't think anyone honestly believes the lady left on a voluntary night walk at 10pm. Given how poorly things have played out for the husband, if he's been involved in her going missing, it was clearly not premeditated; he's probably made some ill-informed and totally stupid decision under pressure, presumably after an argument has escalated, and now has to live with the consequences. If she was being adequately treated for depression, it's extremely unlikely she would voluntarily leave the 3 children she loved.

Out of the entire sad case all I hope is that poor lady's 3 little girls get to see her again, and that justice is served. I agree this is likely to be solved soon - it doesn't matter that this area is bushy and rugged in a lot of areas - there is only so many places she can be, before she's discovered, particularly if she was moved in late night/early morning in what must have been a relatively tight timeframe.

I'd encourage everyone to look for the facts underlying the poorly-researched drivel online, and spare a thought for the kids. In an ideal world this is all a big media beat up and terrible mistake and she'll be found alive. Sadly for the rest of her family, that's probably not going to be the case.

kiwijayne
04-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Very true but they do have houses that are within 200 metres of them and at night in the still air voices do carry. We live about 300 metres from our neighbours and at night we can hear them outside at night on their deck. As I'm sure our neighbours can hear us.

Liadan
04-26-2012, 05:34 PM
keyboredom - I think we would all love to have the facts and yes that would stop the speculation dead. Websleuths is a place for exchanging thoughts, facts and opinions and that is what is going on here - working with what is available. All media are guilty of enlarging the story to increase the readability and tension. The posters here know only to well that 'changing stories' is a red flag in any police investigation especially with the timeframe of events.To the posters credit they have been trying to correct the deficiencies and perhaps as on many of the cases here they will even develop a 'known only facts only thread'.

I am sure the will be police asking the community for their contact with the family and history, experience and dealings with the family - its all part and parcel of an ugly but neccessary slog to find the truth of the matter.

A few mild opinions and mistakes in this forum are hardly going to tarnish the name and family in what seems to be a an already volatile hotpot of gossip in the community.

kiwijayne
04-26-2012, 05:42 PM
I must also say that the time frames and some of the info I have got is from the police themselves(when they talked to us) and their flyers they have provided to us. Also from people who actually know the family themselves.

Mrs G Norris
04-26-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm starting to feel sorry for him, it would be better if he did something awful to Allison that he just come clean. The sooner he confesses the better, for himself, for his children, and for the family who surrounds this tragedy. The truth will out, it always does.

EdinburghLass
04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
There's a big piece on this right now on Mornings on Channel 9. No new real info though.

Mrs G Norris
04-26-2012, 07:35 PM
He's hired a criminal lawyer: http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/newshome/13534160/husband-of-missing-mum-hires-lawyer/?cmp=twitter

'Gerard Baden-Clay has hired Darren Mahony from Jacobson Mahony Lawyers, who issued a statement on Thursday night.

"I have been instructed by Mr Baden-Clay to give him advice and assist him in dealings with police, as you would expect in the circumstances," his statement said.'

Good.

Mrs G Norris
04-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Oh puhleeeze!!!! Did he hire a lawyer or a PR agent?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/life-and-career-built-on-honesty/story-e6freoof-1226340594889

ozazure
04-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Oh puhleeeze!!!! Did he hire a lawyer or a PR agent?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/life-and-career-built-on-honesty/story-e6freoof-1226340594889

LOL! I really wanna be a journalist now, it turns out all that googling I have been doing and ramping up my proof reading a notch (not all the way mind you!) is all that's required to create news these days!

girl99
04-26-2012, 09:43 PM
THe husband WAS having an ongoing affair which Allison found out about last year. he promised to end it, but his behaviour continued to be suspicious.
He crashed the car when he was due to be questioned by Police. He was driving a friends car and it would appear looking for an excuse to avoid the interview. (single car accident)

Allison would never have left her children under these circumstances. Never, ever. She was a well balanced person who was dealing with a difficult marital situation and naturally had lost some confidence. (like most middle aged women who have been at home raising kids, made worse by a chatting husband) BUT she would not have run away or hurt herself.
I am very very sad for her family and her children. I wonder what Gerards sister must be thinking. I don't know her ... i hope she is more sane than her brother. She must be confused ...wondering if he has done something to Al.
Unfortunately the likely story is that he has hurt her probably not premeditated, but instead of dealing with it he has tried to cover it up. Like the rest of his life which is a lie he thinks he can cover this up too. I wish he would at least man up, for the sake of his children. So they don't have to live thinking their Mummy has left them. Because she would never have done that.
<modsnip>.

Myserty64
04-26-2012, 10:00 PM
All investigations need an element of luck and perhaps the detectives working this case need a little of that now.
The first 48 hours is long past and leads begin to cool.

Still, a case is being built and eventually the mystery will be resolved.

The basic questions are:

What was the motive for what happened to Allison?
Who had that motive?

As for what is happening in the Press recently; well, you know the old story about giving a person enough rope........................

Mrs G Norris
04-26-2012, 10:08 PM
^^ ah yes, the old rope trick.... and thanks girl99 for you insights!

revampz
04-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Thanks Girl99 for that added info.

and it was just confirmed on the news that he had hired a lawyer.

With the reporting that there was arguing on Thursday night, I am betting that this <modsnip> killed her during a fight............maybe not intentionally and as girl99 said has now covered it up and trying to worm out of it. How many times do we see this on here??????

If they cant find her, which might be a possibility in Australias environment, I hope the police are gathering enough evidence.

Then again I am hoping I am wrong and she has run off from the situation.

I bet they have taken his computer for proof of the affair.

Mrs G Norris
04-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Well, well, well .. here he is from a business interview.

Best Practice - The Great Culture at Century 21 Westside Brisbane - YouTube

alicat
04-26-2012, 11:53 PM
I think he's guilty. All avenues lead to guilt (in my eyes).

Has he been instructed not to help search for her, otherwise why isn't he out there searching? Surely he would know the area and Allison's rough walking routes.

A scratch on the head? Does he fall often? I'm guessing not. He sells real estate in a very good part of Brisbane and looks are everything.

If they did argue at 10pm and she left the house he would most likely have had a bad night's sleep so why did he take 9.5 hours to report Allison missing? And 730 is very late for a start, especially with kids! I know my little girl is up at 6 and if one of us were missing she would instantly notice.

How he even had an accident at Indro bus station I don't know. A local (and he's a local, working one suburb away!) Knows that is for buses only.

I think she got fed up with him, said divorce and he realised he will lose custody of his kids, his 'perfect family' image, his house and half his super not to mention cash etc... He had a lot to lose and now I think he's lost even more. His kids have lost the most.

Another thing, perhaps she got so fed up with his cheating she decided to find a man?
That would have made him so angry. He mag have thought it was ok for him to cheat but not ok for his wife to cheat.

I guess we will know shortly.

Liadan
04-27-2012, 01:53 AM
nodding nodding nodding the entire time so different from the other interview of recent times - referring to the post with the video footage of the culture of century 21.

bikerchick
04-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Courier Mail updated report - here - a few minutes ago.
http://t.co/xliEk5EY
There were police on Moggill Road near the Brookfield Nursery with horses/bikes. Could she have been dumped in the river?

Mrs G Norris
04-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Gerard Baden-Clay issues statement: "My daughters and I are very concerned for Allison. My priority at the moment is the welfare of my daughters. This is a very difficult time for us all."

Notice he doesn't say the welfare of OUR daughters. Freudian slip?

Liadan
04-27-2012, 03:40 AM
Gerard Baden-Clay issues statement: "My daughters and I are very concerned for Allison. My priority at the moment is the welfare of my daughters. This is a very difficult time for us all."

Notice he doesn't say the welfare of OUR daughters. Freudian slip?

Nice pickup!

itsintheireyes
04-27-2012, 03:52 AM
one thing i have noticed is that since she has been missing her parents did the pleading with the public i have yet to see him do such a heart felt plea for his beautiful wife and the mother of his children that he is so dedicated to when time is running out to find her alive out there in the bush. However i did notice though when he and his sister spoke with channel nine that he did say after his minor car accident that he was a little hurt but he will be ok its good to see him elaborate on his injuries whilst his wife could have been abducted or slowly losing her life maybe in a mine shaft !!!!!!! the only thing that would keep a dedicated depressed mother going would be those beautiful girls i just can't see her in the middle of the night after there was no argument or problems in her life at the time leaving those girls we will see in the end i just hope they find her regardless my thoughts and prayers are with her girls and her mum and dad

Bobbie Elliott
04-27-2012, 03:58 AM
My first online comment ever!!

Two other things that have struck me as particularly interesting in this case are:

1. Brookfield is semirural and does not have paved or even clearly defined footpaths or street lighting in most places. So, this makes walking in the dark of night dangerous. If I told my husband that I was going for a walk in that area at 10pm, he would try very hard to disuade me, and insist that I at least take the dog, a good flashlight and a mobile with a strong charge.

So, how did Allison's devoted hubbie respond to her desire for a 10pm walk (when she normally walks in the morning)? He said goodnight, went to bed, and didn't give her another thought for the next 9 1/2 hours? - Very suss!!

2. A number of points suggest that all was not rosy in the Baden-Clay household prior to Allison's disappearance. Although they appear to be an affluent high-flying couple, there are indications to the contrary. There have been reports of financial problems; they rent their home and drive cars that are modest compared to their real estate peers. In recent photos, their yard looks unkempt with high grass around the children's play equipment. I know that this not a crime, but it is doesn't seem to fit with the public persona of a successful affluent Brookfield family. It also encourages snakes.

Glad to have got that off my chest.

bikerchick
04-27-2012, 04:28 AM
My first online comment ever!!

Two other things that have struck me as particularly interesting in this case are:

1. Brookfield is semirural and does not have paved or even clearly defined footpaths or street lighting in most places. So, this makes walking in the dark of night dangerous. If I told my husband that I was going for a walk in that area at 10pm, he would try very hard to disuade me, and insist that I at least take the dog, a good flashlight and a mobile with a strong charge.

So, how did Allison's devoted hubbie respond to her desire for a 10pm walk (when she normally walks in the morning)? He said goodnight, went to bed, and didn't give her another thought for the next 9 1/2 hours? - Very suss!!

2. A number of points suggest that all was not rosy in the Baden-Clay household prior to Allison's disappearance. Although they appear to be an affluent high-flying couple, there are indications to the contrary. There have been reports of financial problems; they rent their home and drive cars that are modest compared to their real estate peers. In recent photos, their yard looks unkempt with high grass around the children's play equipment. I know that this not a crime, but it is doesn't seem to fit with the public persona of a successful affluent Brookfield family. It also encourages snakes.

Glad to have got that off my chest.

Bobbie, I agree with you. I've been thinking about this whole thing for the last 8 days (I'm local). Why would he wait that long to report her missing - surely if they'd had an argument, you'd not be able to drop off to sleep and then when she didn't come back, surely you'd go outside and look for her? And this directly from a friend I have who is good friends with her - there was a walking group of ladies from the Brookfield area as well as runners and cyclists - and I believe she may have been involved with the walking group.

I ride in that area and even at 6am there is ample traffic in that area not to be considered all that isolated.

And that there doesn't appear to be contact between Allison's parents and the husband.

And there's a heck of a difference between the emotion shown by the parents and the husband which doesn't make him look terribly sincere.....

Liadan
04-27-2012, 05:51 AM
I guess we can't use the line 'methinks he protests too much' his comments to the media are quite contained. Those kids would be going through hell and back.

I just can't get past this walk stuff - wouldn't a busy mum of 3, all under 10 be exhausted just with her girls dance, and other activities scheduled and school activities. The last thing on your mind as a mum unless you were a total gym junkie or fit freak would be walking alone at 10pm let alone with hubby's passive acceptance. Her kids were her highest priority that means she would be incredibly aware of her personal safety. To walk at that time is sheer lunacy not depression - not something with her education and background does. Is this walking out alone meant to somehow imply that she was regularly doing something that he was able to turn a blind eye to?

Allisons' parents would be very knowing of her family routines and her closest feelings so I think it speaks volumes that they have just kept quiet and let the investigation proceed. I doubt they are sitting in the background passively.

kiwijayne
04-27-2012, 05:59 AM
I guess we can't use the line 'methinks he protests too much' his comments to the media are quite contained. Those kids would be going through hell and back.

I just can't get past this walk stuff - wouldn't a busy mum of 3, all under 10 be exhausted just with her girls dance, and other activities scheduled and school activities. The last thing on your mind as a mum unless you were a total gym junkie or fit freak would be walking alone at 10pm let alone with hubby's passive acceptance. Her kids were her highest priority that means she would be incredibly aware of her personal safety. To walk at that time is sheer lunacy not depression - not something with her education and background does. Is this walking out alone meant to somehow imply that she was regularly doing something that he was able to turn a blind eye to?

Allisons' parents would be very knowing of her family routines and her closest feelings so I think it speaks volumes that they have just kept quiet and let the investigation proceed. I doubt they are sitting in the background passively.

Agrees with comments re walking and as said above. There are next to no streetlights out here. There are little or no footpaths and at 10pm at night it is incredibly dark out here. It is not a safe place to walk during the day let alone at night. No husband in their right mind would let their wife walk around this part of Brookfield at night.

Keyboredom
04-27-2012, 06:00 AM
During a domestic dispute, it's quite possible and even likely a husband would let a wife (both of whom might be hating each other at the time) walk off into the night, in a relatively safe affluent suburb. Still doesn't seem to be what the police think happened.

More unusual may be calling police at 0730, instead of friends or family where it might be logical to assume she had gone.

willough
04-27-2012, 09:36 AM
I wonder if they have impounded the car that was involved in the car accident Gerard Baden Clay had at Indooroopilly. The friends car may have been involved in her disappearance and he may have tried to smash away the evidence. I am so intrigued by this case. I feel for her, her parents/family and feel for her daughters. I can't seem to feel sorry for him just yet....which may seem nasty, but something seems weird about that man. My daughter who didn't even know who he was (and this case, as she is only little) said "Mum, that man looks really scary...I dont like him" (about the wedding photo). I keep coming back to see if there is more info......I hope with ones heart of hearts, that she is alive. But as each day looms to a close, I think about the Ashwood lady, here in Melbourne.....who's hubby killed her.

Mrs G Norris
04-27-2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.news.com.au/national/husband-a-mess-as-hunt-for-wife-allison-baden-clay-goes-on/story-e6frfkvr-1226339293043

They've got his mobile. If he took it with him on that night it will show up on the ping data from the phone. Sooooo.... if the phone stayed in the house it'll show up, if the phone went on a little trip that'll show up too. Could be an interesting week.

Keyboredom
04-27-2012, 11:23 AM
http://www.news.com.au/national/allison-baden-clays-mysterious-disappearance-had-queensland-police-mobilising-a-substantial-force-to-brookfield-within-hours-of-gerard-baden-clays-call/story-e6frfkvr-1226341287303

First mention of the husband 'frantically texting and calling friends' , before going to bed. More like how a normal person would behave, but even the slow off the mark courier mail has picked up on how strange it was that such a large force was mobilised so quickly.

itsthevibe
04-27-2012, 11:52 AM
<modsnip>
I'll recap on my own thoughts tomorrow sometime in detail but for now I will just comment on 2 things.

1. Willoughs daughter had it right on - just what I thought too when I first met Gerard in 2004. Little kids often have very good instincts and I this one was spot-on IMO.

2. A couple of people surmised about what happened and said they thought Gerard has hurt her, but it probably wasn't intentional. Possibly not, but just because it wasnt pre-meditated doesnt make it an accident either. It's up to each person to control their anger and not act it out. Acting out by violence against another person means there is no regard for that other person, not just that "oh, the person was angry and didnt mean it".

Let's see what tomorrow brings. I'll say it now I don't believe she is alive, and I am very concerned they will not find her body, or if they do will not be able to get conclusive evidence to link it to foul play. I hope not, but this could remain a mystery despite what anyone thinks really happened.

Keyboredom
04-27-2012, 01:38 PM
<modsnip>
They will find a body if the lady is no longer alive <modsnip> that is the case, including the investigating police who have access to a vastly more comprehensive amount of factual information than you). Name one recent case where a person has disappeared inside an 8 hour window in Brisbane and no body was recovered. Of course there will be evidence of what led to her death. Strangely, forensic science can determine a lot more than 'little kids instincts'. The legal system will then deal with the incident, accidental or otherwise, that lead to a person's death. While it will be a lot less exciting for armchair detectives once actual professional criminal investigators have done their job, at least the justice everyone agrees should be served will be done. Facts and evidence tend to be quite handy like that. The person involved in Allison's disappearance won't get away with it.

Couldbe
04-27-2012, 04:46 PM

Somewhere along Gap Creek Road is sure to be a possibility.

Bennycat
04-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Rain is bucketting down up here in Brisbane today and seems set in. Feel sorry for the police and searchers.

kiwijayne
04-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Rain is bucketting down up here in Brisbane today and seems set in. Feel sorry for the police and searchers.

It is raining in Brookfield and we have had some heavy falls. Not nice for the searchers or for poor Allison if she is still alive out there.

kiwijayne
04-27-2012, 07:44 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/allison-baden-clays-mysterious-disappearance-had-queensland-police-mobilising-a-substantial-force-to-brookfield-within-hours-of-gerard-baden-clays-call/story-e6freoof-1226341176705

"The Courier-Mail understands a frantic Mr Baden-Clay rang and sent text messages to several people asking if they'd heard from his wife after she failed to return home on Thursday night. Eventually, he went to bed alone."

So he made frantic texts and calls to friends and went to bed ALONE? Leaving her out there? Wow Brookfield at night is a very dark place and I certainly wouldn't be going to bed knowing she was out there somewhere. This gets more stranger by the moment.

Liadan
04-27-2012, 08:24 PM

This is so true - it is likely the 10 pm walk was the 'invented' time frame. The alleged deed probably all done and dusted by this time and he was back at the house making up his story. I wonder what story the kids are telling about that night. And what time the sister allegedly spoke to Allison. So we would have to go back to the last know sighting time not related to what the hubby says.

In those back roads of Brookfield the bush is dense and as kiwijane says not many streetlights and unless you were wearing hi-visibility clothing at night you would defs go unseen. A silver to black car would be very well camoflauged I think the poster who said he was using a friends car was right on the money. And unfortunately no traffic CCTV cameras in this area. There is free access to huge areas of dense bushland minutes from the home just via Gap Creek Rd. It is a gateway road to Ashgrove and Samford and the other rural suburbs of Brisbane. At night it is really deserted. With his knowledge of real estate there could be a million places that she could be within 30 minutes of Brookfield.

There has been no mention of sniffer dogs which may have been very useful in picking up a trail unless the police think there was no trail and she was parcelled into the boot of a car and disposed of.

One thing that speaks in her favour perhaps is that if she was still alive and walked off (with 3 kids I just dont think she would leave) she had worked for the scouting associations so she may be familiar with survival techniques etc. But sadly I don't think she will be walking out of the bush.

kiwijayne
04-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Also further along there is Mt Crosby, a State Forest and even a Lake. The thing in this area there is plenty of places to hide something or someone.

Keyboredom
04-27-2012, 08:33 PM

Gap Creek road and the scout camp off Mt Crosby road and surrounding forest are both heavily wooded and could be accessed by vehicle from Brookfield without passing many houses near the road. Vehicle access to some of the other search areas especially jones road and disused mines would be difficult to achieve without arousing suspicion. It is dark and isolated around and in Brookfield, but the areas with homes near the road have relatively vigilant residents. The area where the mobile phone is thought to be is very unlikely to be with Allison. It's surprising the phone wasn't destroyed completely, but perhaps the person in a state of panic failed to realise it might be traced.

Liadan
04-27-2012, 08:40 PM
really don't think she left with her phone - wondering when her last communication with someone was though?

- it was probably disposed on the way to her resting place or maybe even after

kiwijayne
04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
really don't think she left with her phone - wondering when her last communication with someone was though?

- it was probably disposed on the way to her resting place or maybe even after

Or the last person to see her other than her husband. The kids would have seen here when they where put to bed so that leaves an even bigger gap that something could have happened.

Janek
04-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Being a Realestate agent the husband surely knows of many rural properties up for sale and un-lived in close to his proximity, possibly with discarded mines or wells on them. Have the police followed this angle?

kiwijayne
04-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Being a Realestate agent the husband surely knows of many rural properties up for sale and un-lived in close to his proximity, possibly with discarded mines or wells on them. Have the police followed this angle?

They have searched mines etc for her.

Liadan
04-27-2012, 10:02 PM
I think that is what they are trying to doby asking people to be searching their properties. They are going to be able to tell the police about that stuff near them - but his 'local' knowledge of the area would be huge.

Janek
04-27-2012, 10:08 PM
They have searched mines etc for her.

I was under the assumption that the SES and police were searching mines in bushland rather than those possibly on properties

Liadan
04-27-2012, 11:02 PM
I was under the assumption that the SES and police were searching mines in bushland rather than those possibly on properties

Sorry Janek - I meant that police have been asking property owners to check their own properties for anything unusual and to comment on any possibly areas that they think would be of interest and worth checking. I do think SES and Fire services have been scouring the bushland and the mines as you rightly say.

Keyboredom
04-27-2012, 11:08 PM
I actually doubt he would have great knowledge of the area immediately surrounding their rental home in Brookfield from his real estate dealings. Century 21 has never had a substantial presence in Brookfield and the Taringa-based office (used to be in Kenmore) mainly lists Kenmore and outlying areas for sale (there is some acreage in Anstead and Pullenvale currently listed, but any areas surrounding these would be far from private if wanting to inconspicuous). http://www.century21.com.au/westside/residential/buy/?suburbs&perpage=40

The latest news.com.au article states "A seasoned scout, the great-grandson of Lord Baden Powell who founded the scouting movement, Mr Baden-Clay knew his local hiking trails well." I think that is likely a stretch or just a space-filler - I haven't seen any scouts hiking anywhere round local trails near Brookfield. Maybe if he was a mountain biker that would explain excellent local knowledge of the bush areas. Still, seems news.com.au in their own unique way are trying to jump on the likelihood the police think he was capable of finding a place to hide Allison, through some sort of personal knowledge or maybe just a complete fluke.

Bobbie Elliott
04-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Over the years as a closet amateur profiler, I have come to a number of conclusions which could apply to this case.

There is wonderful expression a South American friend taught me. In English it is “Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack”. I like it because it is sooooo true. G B-C prides himself in his honesty.

If there is a family-based missing-person / murder case, the murderer generally doesn't join the search. It's probably because they know that it's a waste of time and it would tax their acting skills.

Some cases where this has happened are Kiesha Abrahans & the 3
Farquharson boys. In the boys' case, the father didn't attempt to save the boys because he wanted them dead. In neither case did the perpetrator act as one would expect a close loved-one to act.

Bobbie Elliott
04-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Sorry - I'm new to this and entered it twice. I can't work out how to remove the entry

Couldbe
04-27-2012, 11:18 PM
This is so true - it is likely the 10 pm walk was the 'invented' time frame. The alleged deed probably all done and dusted by this time and he was back at the house making up his story. I wonder what story the kids are telling about that night. And what time the sister allegedly spoke to Allison. So we would have to go back to the last know sighting time not related to what the hubby says.

In those back roads of Brookfield the bush is dense and as kiwijane says not many streetlights and unless you were wearing hi-visibility clothing at night you would defs go unseen. A silver to black car would be very well camoflauged I think the poster who said he was using a friends car was right on the money. And unfortunately no traffic CCTV cameras in this area. There is free access to huge areas of dense bushland minutes from the home just via Gap Creek Rd. It is a gateway road to Ashgrove and Samford and the other rural suburbs of Brisbane. At night it is really deserted. With his knowledge of real estate there could be a million places that she could be within 30 minutes of Brookfield.

There has been no mention of sniffer dogs which may have been very useful in picking up a trail unless the police think there was no trail and she was parcelled into the boot of a car and disposed of.

One thing that speaks in her favour perhaps is that if she was still alive and walked off (with 3 kids I just dont think she would leave) she had worked for the scouting associations so she may be familiar with survival techniques etc. But sadly I don't think she will be walking out of the bush.

Info re at least two vehicles on this road around 11pm on Thurs 19 has been given to the Police. Don't think they regard it as being relevant.

Keyboredom
04-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Info re at least two vehicles on this road around 11pm on Thurs 19 has been given to the Police. Don't think they regard it as being relevant.

I'd hope that's not the case - it would be one of the most obvious isolated low-traffic areas for someone who had limited time. Maybe there is other info they have that would somehow exclude the area but that would seem very strange. There must be a reason why they originally had 3 specific search sites though ... and the fact the mobile phone might have been in these areas doesn't seem to make sense.

EdinburghLass
04-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Police investigating the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay have renewed their appeal for anyone that might have seen either of two vehicles on the night Ms Baden-Clay went missing (last Thursday evening or early Friday morning), to contact them.

Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth, Regional Crime Coordinator Metropolitan North Police Region said extensive searches for Ms Baden-Clay would continue in the Brookfield area over the weekend.

“Despite today’s inclement weather the search continues unabated in the Brookfield area,” Detective Superintendent Ainsworth said.

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/28/update-search-for-missing-brookfield-woman-4/

kiwijayne
04-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Police investigating the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay have renewed their appeal for anyone that might have seen either of two vehicles on the night Ms Baden-Clay went missing (last Thursday evening or early Friday morning), to contact them.

Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth, Regional Crime Coordinator Metropolitan North Police Region said extensive searches for Ms Baden-Clay would continue in the Brookfield area over the weekend.

“Despite today’s inclement weather the search continues unabated in the Brookfield area,” Detective Superintendent Ainsworth said.

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/28/update-search-for-missing-brookfield-woman-4/

We have just two mounted police go past our house so they are definitely out today.

Mrs G Norris
04-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Detectives visit Gerard Baden-Clay again http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/detectives-visit-gerard-baden-clay-as-search-continues/story-e6freoof-1226341433511?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bennycat
04-28-2012, 12:17 AM
If he was "frantically" phoning and sms'ing friends and relatives, as one of the news articles suggests, that would narrow the timeframe down somewhat. Have just sent an email to crimestoppers suggesting they check the Scout Camp here at Karana Downs. It is isolated from houses, only takes 10-15 minutes to drive from Brookfield, he would in all liklihood have been there at some time in his life due to his Scouts connection, and one would have to drive through the hot zone to get to it from his home, where mobile could have been thrown into the little creek at the centre of hot zone. His mobile phone info for that day would be interesting - especially the pings Ms G Norris referrred to.

tiff07
04-28-2012, 04:01 AM
Photo's in the news show Gerard coming and going with possessions piled in clothes baskets. Why not proper luggage? Especially given Allisons esteemed career and the many overnight conferences Gerard would attend. Sure hope he hasn't literally sent her packing.

Liadan
04-28-2012, 04:25 AM
It is interesting that his priority are his daughters and not finding his wife... the kids are staying with his parents (reportedly) and the police are out doing their job and still this guy is sitting around hands in pockets when he has got the scope to do a huge amount to find his wife - by just getting his voice out there. If you were innocent would the lawyer be the way you would go to make your statements? But perhaps he has taken advice from the police about making sure he is not subject to slander or something from the community.

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 04:37 AM
It is interesting that his priority are his daughters and not finding his wife... the kids are staying with his parents (reportedly) and the police are out doing their job and still this guy is sitting around hands in pockets when he has got the scope to do a huge amount to find his wife - by just getting his voice out there. If you were innocent would the lawyer be the way you would go to make your statements? But perhaps he has taken advice from the police about making sure he is not subject to slander or something from the community.

You would also think that when she left on Thursday night and didn't come home that he wouldn't have just made phone calls then went to bed.

Mrs G Norris
04-28-2012, 04:43 AM
From Twitter:

BREAKING: SES searching for missing Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay have found 'several personal items'

BREAKING: Police say the items are being tested to see if they belong to Allison Baden-Clay.

@abcnews (https://twitter.com/#%21/abcnews) @612brisbane (https://twitter.com/#%21/612brisbane)

itsthevibe
04-28-2012, 04:49 AM
I agree, very unusual not to be searching even just to make yourself feel better and feel as if you were doing all you could. You could also reassure the kids by letting them know "Daddy is going out to search for Mummy". Personally if one of my loved ones were missing I would be compelled to search. I dont know anyone who could stay at home in that situation. There are 2 sets of grandparents and his sister to care for the girls.

Liadan
04-28-2012, 05:01 AM
I agree, very unusual not to be searching even just to make yourself feel better and feel as if you were doing all you could. You could also reassure the kids by letting them know "Daddy is going out to search for Mummy". Personally if one of my loved ones were missing I would be compelled to search. I dont know anyone who could stay at home in that situation. There are 2 sets of grandparents and his sister to care for the girls.

so with you! Even if he is not permitted to join the search party with the police. I would conduct my own search! No stone would be left unturned - i don't think I could forgive myself if I didn't take the opportunity - no one knows a family members habits better than that family! Even if the police thought it was futile - I would be canvassing friends family - but i guess to be fair we don't know that he is not doing that.

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 05:19 AM
From Twitter:

BREAKING: SES searching for missing Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay have found 'several personal items'

BREAKING: Police say the items are being tested to see if they belong to Allison Baden-Clay.

@abcnews (https://twitter.com/#%21/abcnews) @612brisbane (https://twitter.com/#%21/612brisbane)

I don't have twitter. Wonder what they found and where they found the items.

Bobbie Elliott
04-28-2012, 05:46 AM
I've just watched a Channel 9 interview of B B-C in his parents' front yard. Though it was dated today, it could be a few days old. It was titled something like "B B-C breaks his silence". One thing that is very clear from the interview is that B B-C shouldn't take up acting.

In the interview he uses the voice that I call the "calling work and saying you're sick voice". It was very whiney and unconvincing. The content contained no references to "Allison" or her family. He refers to Allison only as "my wife". It's one of those times when its not what he says that arouses concern, it's what he doesn't say.

No matter how I look at this case, everything points to same sad outcome.

Janek
04-28-2012, 06:21 AM
He refers to Allison only as "my wife".

Honestly, if he referred to her as 'Allison' or any other, we would be claiming he should have said 'my wife'. Innocent or Guilty, sometimes we profile , or read into these comments too much

Couldbe
04-28-2012, 06:22 AM
I don't have twitter. Wonder what they found and where they found the items.

I just heard on ABC News that SES searchers had found some 'personal items' that had been taken in for testing to determine if they belonged to Allison.
One would think that they must find lots & lots of personal items, belonging all and sundry, out there. These items must be of real interest. Hopefully the solution to this very sad mystery is not far away.

dreambella
04-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Poor poor allison out there in the rain and cold..i hope they find her soon..as to her "distraught" husband,if he was caring about his wifes welfare he would have been out there looking for her since she went missing..instead of hiding behind his children..if it wasnt for his wife..there wouldnt BE any children..plenty of people to take care of them while he looked..i hope they find her soon and the people that really care about her can either help her rebuild her life without him and it has a happy ending..it is not going well though..

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 07:46 AM
I personally don't think they will be bringing her home alive. This doesn't fit the profile of someone who has abandoned family life with husband and children. Why would a woman just walk out into the night without her car or money???

We can assume from what police have reported, that her mobile is still in the area - that in itself is concerning. This may indicate that she is still in the area...

I think the noose is tightening, they'll catch the culprit. Indeed they have found some belongings. I wonder if they do belong to Ms Baden-Clay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnTEmS3JwCo&feature=youtu.be

Mrs G Norris
04-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Hoping the phone is amongst those items .. that would be very interesting.

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Hoping the phone is amongst those items .. that would be very interesting.

Also her clothes would be good too.

Janek
04-28-2012, 08:52 AM
8 days and the police haven't cracked the husband? Any possibility that it was not him, maybe random abduction? Or best case Allison is very very unstable, done a runner and has not contacted anybody, even with her parental obligations?? Fingers crossed, but unlikely. From

As for media interviews and the like 'John Sharpe' did many, calling for his 'wife' to return, opposite to the Gerard is providing, yet we are persecuting him.

Many posts here are very conflicting.

Janek
04-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Much like myself, i am intrigued By this case, and I'm sure his lawyer's firm are trolling the web and monitoring this forum. No doubt they know more than us, remember they are paid to deafened innocent or guilty.
Seen the movie 'Devils Advicate'??

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 09:01 AM
I wonder if the Mistress had a hand in this too??? She was interviewed for 4 hours by the Authorities...hmmm

I should add that I heard that the car he was driving to the police station belonged to the mistress! It's interesting what you pick up.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Couldbe
04-28-2012, 09:13 AM
I wonder if the Mistress had a hand in this too??? She was interviewed for 4 hours by the Authorities...hmmm

I should add that I heard that the car he was driving to the police station belonged to the mistress! It's interesting what you pick up.

This must surely be a possibility. No doubt it will all come out in time. I am sure the Detectives will do their job well.

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 09:18 AM
"I wonder if the Mistress had a hand in this too??? She was interviewed for 4 hours by the Authorities...hmmm

All the articles I have read say "his" car so my guess would be a family members car.

SilkySifaka
04-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Police will be displaying a mannequin on Brookfield Road, Brookfield depicting missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay in an attempt to gain further information from the public.

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/26/mannequin-to-be-used-in-search-for-missing-brookfield-woman/

That is a really interesting investigative technique to jog memories.

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 09:20 AM
It may fit with the little incident that damaged the front end of the car. I live very close to Brookfield and I travel up to Indro all the time. It's clear that that accident was intentional.

Not only was he headed in the wrong direction to get to the police station (if he was coming from Kenmore), he was in the wrong lane to get himself to the police station. He was however, in the right lane if he wanted to hit the pylon...

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 09:22 AM
*I thought I read it was a "friends" car...must check back into this!

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 09:26 AM
It may fit with the little incident that damaged the front end of the car. I live very close to Brookfield and I travel up to Indro all the time. It's clear that that accident was intentional.

Not only was he headed in the wrong direction to get to the police station (if he was coming from Kenmore), he was in the wrong lane to get himself to the police station. He was however, in the right lane if he wanted to hit the pylon...

A friend was at the scene of the accident and she said he had to mount the kerb to even hit the pylon. Things just don't add up with this case.

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Yes unless he was trying to enter the bus station, it was done accidently on purpose.

I have heard through the grapevine that a theory is that there was an argument, the wife stormed out, the mistress ran her down, then they disposed of the body and then he deliberately damaged the car to remove any evidence.

I think this sounds far-fetched though, but I have spoken to people that seem to know what's going on in the inside a bit. I can't state this as fact because it could be absolute BS. It's interesting...

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 09:36 AM
So found out that apparently the scratch/es that Gerard had on his face where from a fall. According to what a reporter stated. Can I post the link to that info it is on a Twitter page.

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Yes unless he was trying to enter the bus station, it was done accidently on purpose.

I have heard through the grapevine that a theory is that there was an argument, the wife stormed out, the mistress ran her down, then they disposed of the body and then he deliberately damaged the car to remove any evidence.

I think this sounds far-fetched though, but I have spoken to people that seem to know what's going on in the inside a bit. I can't state this as fact because it could be absolute BS. It's interesting...

I was thinking along those lines too except he did the running down and disposing in her car. While she stayed at the house and was there in case the children woke.

alicat
04-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Also further along there is Mt Crosby, a State Forest and even a Lake. The thing in this area there is plenty of places to hide something or someone.

I'm out this way and I kept getting eerie feelings around Kholo Creek overpass. I know it probably sounds silly, but its the 'what if.' :(

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 09:38 AM
A fall? I posted a youtube link, I haven't had a problem. I've been clicking on others links to news articles :)

Couldbe
04-28-2012, 09:40 AM

The photo of the vehicle in the accident at Indooroopilly looks like it belongs to someone who travels around for a business (Note the aerial at the rear of the vehicle)

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 09:40 AM
When you think about it! In the tight time frame he had, there must have been someone else involved...maybe, just a thought!

I wonder if they have searched/will search Kholo Creek Alicat. The SES haven't made it up this far yet. I saw them on Moggill Road this morning not far from Rafting Ground.

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 09:42 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/alisonsandy

Police say the scratch on the face of missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay's husband Gerard occurred when he fell over

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Do you believe that is a possibility? A disturbance is heard, his wife goes missing, he has a scratch on his face...

When I initially read the first report it was question mark suicide and neighbours hear a disturbance in Baden-Clay house night of disappearance...

I have not been able to find this first article since reading it. I think it was written by news.com.au.

Did anyone else read this report on the Friday?

Couldbe - I was thinking exactly the same thing.

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Do you believe that is a possibility? A disturbance is heard, his wife goes missing, he has a scratch on his face...

When I initially read the first report it was question mark suicide and neighbours hear a disturbance in Baden-Clay house night of disappearance...

I have not been able to find this first article since reading it. I think it was written by news.com.au.

Did anyone else read this report on the Friday?

Couldbe - I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I found this one
http://www.news.com.au/national/allison-baden-clays-mysterious-disappearance-had-queensland-police-mobilising-a-substantial-force-to-brookfield-within-hours-of-gerard-baden-clays-call/story-e6frfkvr-1226341287303

alicat
04-28-2012, 09:57 AM
When you think about it! In the tight time frame he had, there must have been someone else involved...maybe, just a thought!

I wonder if they have searched Kholo Creek Alicat.

I agree with the accident trying to cover up damage to the car. He would never have used his work car as the Century 21 logo would have stood out like pigs balls!

I can't say I've seen police out my way. There are a lot of possibilities unfortunately. And given 9.5 hours between apparent disappearance and contact with police anything could have been done.

With all the rain it will take away tracks, but perhaps if they built a shallow grave they may just find her.

Either way, if I ever go missing this way I hope my husband would help a little more or I'd haunt him for the rest of his life!

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Is there a minimum time before you can report a person missing in Australia? In NZ it's 24 hours missing before they will do anything(unless it's a child then it's straightaway).

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Thanks Kiwijayne.

I swear either the initial article was taken down or I am just hopeless at searching :(
The police and media have given the public a lot of conflicting and confusing information it's hard to make sense out of a lot of it.

So I have been pestering some of my neighbours to find out what they know and who they know.

I'm terrible I know, but I have been following this since the Friday and the crap in the media is a bit more than frustrating to piece together...

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks Kiwijayne.

I swear either the initial article was taken down or I am just hopeless at searching :(
The police and media have given the public a lot of conflicting and confusing information it's hard to make sense out of a lot of it.

So I have been pestering some of my neighbours to find out what they know and who they know.

I'm terrible I know, but I have been following this since the Friday and the crap in the media is a bit more than frustrating to piece together...

I missed it probably are you in the Brookfield/ Kenmore area?

alicat
04-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Muffled screams in the night heard.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/sunday-mail/scream-in-the-night-alarms-residents/story-e6frep2f-1226341666902

alicat
04-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Is there a minimum time before you can report a person missing in Australia? In NZ it's 24 hours missing before they will do anything(unless it's a child then it's straightaway).

I believe its 24 hours if its not suspicious. But I think (hope) they'd still listen if its out of the blue.eg Daniel Morcombe :(

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Alicat, I have heard all the choppers go overhead, but that has stopped now :(

They turned his home into a crime scene almost straight away, they have raided his office and his parents house...they have to be building a case against him. This is not usual missing persons procedure. Yes the police deny that he is a person of interest hmmm.

Did you notice in the press conference in which her parents addressed the public that there was no mention of him at all.

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 10:11 AM
I live a suburb up from Brookfield. My children used to go to school in Brookfield and I still use all the facilities there!

When they say it is tight knit and cliquey they are not joking!

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Alicat, I have heard all the choppers go overhead, but that has stopped now :(

They turned his home into a crime scene almost straight away, they have raided his office and his parents house...they have to be building a case against him. This is not usual missing persons procedure. Yes the police deny that he is a person of interest hmmm.

Did you notice in the press conference in which her parents addressed the public that there was no mention of him at all.

They did turn it into a crime scene straight away I have to drive past the house every day to go to work.

That other article is interesting stating about the screaming etc the police/SES must have searched there and perhaps that is where they found the personal items?

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Alicat thank you for the link :)

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 10:14 AM
I live a suburb up from Brookfield. My children used to go to school in Brookfield and I still use all the facilities there!

When they say it is tight knit and cliquey they are not joking!

I live 500 metres from Allison's house. It is a very tight knit community.

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 10:20 AM
That article just confuses even more...Didn't he say he knew she was going for a walk at that time? She was watching the Footy Show...

Kiwijayne - Brookfield is a lovely community :)

Oh I get it, he thought she went for her morning walk and never returned~

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 10:25 AM
That article just confuses even more...Didn't he say he knew she was going for a walk at that time? She was watching the Footy Show...

I love it in Brookfield.

But this has rattled me a bit. We now lock our doors at night etc to ensure our safety.

mimi2456
04-28-2012, 10:27 AM
I've never involved myself in a forum before.
Whilst watching a news update a photograph of a young couple signing their marriage certificate was displayed. It was the first I heard of Alison reported being missing. I recognized the couple but it was so brief I had to google the report.

Turns out the groom, Gerard, was once my manager. I also knew Alison, however she worked in a different department and I only knew her in passing and also due to the fact that she and Gerard had recently become engaged.

From the moment reports mentioned he was a person of interest I couldn't really believe it. I stumbled across this forum and it has taken days for me to register. I thought I could offer some insight into how I viewed Gerard and I'm sure my colleagues at the time felt the same.
I admired him from the start. I found him intelligent, articulate, charming, gentle, understanding, patient and even-tempered. I never thought any of this was pretentious unless he was a sociopath. Particularly when the job we were doing could be particularly challenging at times. Sure, he was a corporate man, he was climbing the ladder, but I wasn't going to hold that against him. I thought he had integrity and he was always willing to help, advise and never did I feel he was less than honorable.
True, we change over time and marriage and children and life in general sometimes becomes unbearable and obstacles insurpassable. But Gerard adored Allison. It was so clear. I can't see how he would ever do her any harm, nor get into any state that would even be accidental. I guess people can have very different personas at work and in relationships but from a female perspective his ability to clearly show his love and affection for Allison in front of his staff(particularly in a work environment they shared) demonstrated that emotionally he wasn't stunted. One could say that an ability to display this kind of openness wouldn't be covering up a differenent side at home, OR, it could be over-compensation for different behaviour beyond the work environment. But would someone like Allison stay with someone janus faced? She was no fool. Hence I look to the former theory.
I don't understand people saying he was 'scary', or that he looked 'evil'. I never thought that about Gerard. It's been a long time since I worked with him , maybe i was naive, but essentially we don't change so much we would either intentionally or unintentionally hurt someone, particularly the mother of your own children. I left the father of my daughter and my gosh, how many times I've wished things upon him I'm unwilling to share here but of course I'd never act upon those desires.
If something did happen out of anger the gerard I knew would have admitted to it. There was mention that being in real estate automatically relegated Gerard into the ranks of compulsive liars and manipulators. Working in Real estate does require some confidence and often cunning but we cannot tar all real estate agents with the same brush.

There is so much we don't know, that police are not revealing, or is there? I must admit how surprised I am that there have been absolutely no leaks. We keep hearing the same rehashed, embellished story to try and create some more sensation for some newspaper. I hope this ends soon for everyone's sake.

I have been hoping beyond hope that they find Allison and that Gerard has had no involvement in her disappearance. I feel for them all.

Couldbe
04-28-2012, 10:28 AM

One seems to get the feeling that it is all starting to make sense........and yet there is so much "non"sense!

mimi2456
04-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Gerard was my manager many years ago and I can't imagine him capable of perpetrating nor aiding in this.

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 10:34 AM
how do you delete a post?

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Still this remains highly suspicious - Allison went for a walk at 10:00pm and you report her missing at 7.30am the next morning.

Even if they fought, your wife storms off, a decent, sound minded husband is not going to go to bed, showing no concern for her whereabouts

"Asked why police responded in such force to a missing person's report on the Friday morning, Supt Ainsworth yesterday said officers who first attended made unspecified observations they reported to detectives."

This says a lot though...

Janek
04-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Whilst watching a news update a photograph of a young couple signing their marriage certificate was displayed. It was the first I heard of Alison reported being missing. I recognized the couple but it was so brief I had to google the report.

Turns out the groom, Gerard, was once my manager. I also knew Alison, however she worked in a different department and I only knew her in passing and also due to the fact that she and Gerard had recently become engaged.

From the moment reports mentioned he was a person of interest I couldn't really believe it. I stumbled across this forum and it has taken days for me to register. I thought I could offer some insight into how I viewed Gerard and I'm sure my colleagues at the time felt the same.
I admired him from the start. I found him intelligent, articulate, charming, gentle, understanding, patient and even-tempered. I never thought any of this was pretentious unless he was a sociopath. Particularly when the job we were doing could be particularly challenging at times. Sure, he was a corporate man, he was climbing the ladder, but I wasn't going to hold that against him. I thought he had integrity and he was always willing to help, advise and never did I feel he was less than honorable.
True, we change over time and marriage and children and life in general sometimes becomes unbearable and obstacles insurpassable. But Gerard adored Allison. It was so clear. I can't see how he would ever do her any harm, nor get into any state that would even be accidental. I guess people can have very different personas at work and in relationships but from a female perspective his ability to clearly show his love and affection for Allison in front of his staff(particularly in a work environment they shared) demonstrated that emotionally he wasn't stunted. One could say that an ability to display this kind of openness wouldn't be covering up a differenent side at home, OR, it could be over-compensation for different behaviour beyond the work environment. But would someone like Allison stay with someone janus faced? She was no fool. Hence I look to the former theory.
I don't understand people saying he was 'scary', or that he looked 'evil'. I never thought that about Gerard. It's been a long time since I worked with him , maybe i was naive, but essentially we don't change so much we would either intentionally or unintentionally hurt someone, particularly the mother of your own children. I left the father of my daughter and my gosh, how many times I've wished things upon him I'm unwilling to share here but of course I'd never act upon those desires.
If something did happen out of anger the gerard I knew would have admitted to it. There was mention that being in real estate automatically relegated Gerard into the ranks of compulsive liars and manipulators. Working in Real estate does require some confidence and often cunning but we cannot tar all real estate agents with the same brush.

There is so much we don't know, that police are not revealing, or is there? I must admit how surprised I am that there have been absolutely no leaks. We keep hearing the same rehashed, embellished story to try and create some more sensation for some newspaper. I hope this ends soon for everyone's sake.

I have been hoping beyond hope that they find Allison and that Gerard has had no involvement in her disappearance. I feel for them all.

Much like myself, i am intrigued By this case, and I'm sure his lawyer's firm are trolling the web and monitoring this forum. No doubt they know more than us, remember they are paid to deafened innocent or guilty.
Seen the movie 'Devils Advicate'??

What did I say?

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Totally agree Janek

Okay this is what I am starting to think:

That the police have good reason to be suspicious of him otherwise the cars would not have been impounded and would still not be impounded, the same with his phone. The police have raided his parents home and his office. They have asked the public if anyone saw any movements of the family cars...why is this???

If he were innocent, he would be cleared by now. They zeroed in on his house right from the beginning and turned it into a crime scene! If Mr Baden-Clay was innocent why is he not tilling the earth himself, looking for his wife? Why has he stayed away from vigils and searches and the showgrounds? The first things he does is have a minor car accident and hires a criminal lawyer! Those actions speak volumes

Janek
04-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Totally agree Janek

Yep that's them, didn't take long for them to bite.

alicat
04-28-2012, 12:05 PM

I think Ted Bundy was also perceived by his co-workers as a lovely young man too. Ohhh how some people have secrets!

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 12:22 PM
His stunted emotional display and a lack there of true concern of the whereabouts of his wife and any desperation for finding her is very suggestive of his involvement IMO.

How this unfolds is yet to be seen...I don't know if someone can be charged, with the absence of a body and any DNA or forensic proof of involvement.

Cccclllaareb
04-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone! I've been following this case with much interest and sadness and found your forum the other day.
There's so much conflicting information in the news! Some reports say he reported her missing when she went on her morning walk, and some say he was frantically contacting people via phone on Thursday night looking for her?
The article about the muffled screams is horrifying.
My heart goes out to Allison and her family. I hope this matter can be resolved ASAP! It's really heart wrenching :-(

Cccclllaareb
04-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Also isnt it such a good lesson to keep in mind, that if ever anything seems strange.... CALL the police. Don't succumb to the bystander effect and assume someone else will call them. It's so important to be mindful isn't it?

Keyboredom
04-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Hopefully the police have a much clearer version of events than the rubbish in the media. So far, her husband has:
. Seen her leave for a walk at 10 pm
. Seen her leave for a walk at 6am or assumed she was on a morning walk
. Frantically texted and phoned friends looking for her
. Left her watching TV (the footy show - really?)
. Gone to bed when he last saw her
. Fallen and scratched himself
. Neighbours dog barked uncharacteristically
. Neighbours saw her walking
. Neighbours didn't see her walking

The screams heard by neighbours are well away from the house, probably at least 500 metres and over a hill, and if the screams belonged to Allison it would make previous guesses at what has happened in the home, and any involvement of vehicles, seem unlikely. If she was attacked near the 'hot zone' that would be really difficult to collect the body or move it elsewhere or to a vehicle without being seen.

There is no way she was run down by one of the family cars, or by the alleged mistress, and I would sincerely doubt the bloke has gone to visit someone he is meant to no longer be seeing, and intentionally crash their car to cover evidence. The reason she will have been interviewed so long is to establish his motive or otherwise. The accident is very unusual but it is not inconceivable he was driving in that direction to turn right toward indooroopilly police, and then whatever happened, happened (fainted, chose to drive at the wall, or whatever). He didn't need to mount a kerb to end up where he did, just be entering at reasonable speed.

The person claiming to be a past colleague of his may well be just that. Their account of his behaviour and mannerisms is very different to the accounts of many locals who know him currently, which maybe goes to show people change. The media has only made vague references to his demeanour since Allison went missing. Locals who've had dealings with him I've heard call him 'weird','womaniser' and 'arrogant'. I'm not saying this to add further fuel to the fire of the growing 'online doubt' about the husband, but this is real recent comments from people with no motive to judge him about this event.

Realistically he could just be guilty and ashamed that news of the affair will have damaged his social standing, hence his unusual interview mannerisms, and Allison having stormed out of the house 'for a walk' has met a completely unknown person who has done her harm 500 metres from her home, in a suburb known for safety and low crime rate. Just based on his current behaviour that seems really very unlikely.

Maybe searchers have done a poor job and Allison and her phone really are in the hot zone triangulated by the mobile phone towers they were getting signals from, if the latest scream theory isn't just more Media confusion. If the police were given this same information a week ago you would assume that area would have been turned upside down. If not, why is the info given to the media instead... Did the police fail to interview these people, or did they fail to come forward? If so, that is hopeless.

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Hopefully the police have a much clearer version of events than the rubbish in the media. So far, her husband has:
. Seen her leave for a walk at 10 pm
. Seen her leave for a walk at 6am or assumed she was on a morning walk
. Frantically texted and phoned friends looking for her
. Left her watching TV (the footy show - really?)
. Gone to bed when he last saw her
. Fallen and scratched himself
. Neighbours dog barked uncharacteristically
. Neighbours saw her walking
. Neighbours didn't see her walking

The screams heard by neighbours are well away from the house, probably at least 500 metres and over a hill, and if the screams belonged to Allison it would make previous guesses at what has happened in the home, and any involvement of vehicles, seem unlikely. If she was attacked near the 'hot zone' that would be really difficult to collect the body or move it elsewhere or to a vehicle without being seen.

There is no way she was run down by one of the family cars, or by the alleged mistress, and I would sincerely doubt the bloke has gone to visit someone he is meant to no longer be seeing, and intentionally crash their car to cover evidence. The reason she will have been interviewed so long is to establish his motive or otherwise. The accident is very unusual but it is not inconceivable he was driving in that direction to turn right toward indooroopilly police, and then whatever happened, happened (fainted, chose to drive at the wall, or whatever). He didn't need to mount a kerb to end up where he did, just be entering at reasonable speed.

The person claiming to be a past colleague of his may well be just that. Their account of his behaviour and mannerisms is very different to the accounts of many locals who know him currently, which maybe goes to show people change. The media has only made vague references to his demeanour since Allison went missing. Locals who've had dealings with him I've heard call him 'weird','womaniser' and 'arrogant'. I'm not saying this to add further fuel to the fire of the growing 'online doubt' about the husband, but this is real recent comments from people with no motive to judge him about this event.

Realistically he could just be guilty and ashamed that news of the affair will have damaged his social standing, hence his unusual interview mannerisms, and Allison having stormed out of the house 'for a walk' has met a completely unknown person who has done her harm 500 metres from her home, in a suburb known for safety and low crime rate. Just based on his current behaviour that seems really very unlikely.

Maybe searchers have done a poor job and Allison and her phone really are in the hot zone triangulated by the mobile phone towers they were getting signals from, if the latest scream theory isn't just more Media confusion. If the police were given this same information a week ago you would assume that area would have been turned upside down. If not, why is the info given to the media instead... Did the police fail to interview these people, or did they fail to come forward? If so, that is hopeless.

My understanding is that the screams where heard by people near their house which is 4kms away from the Baden-Clay's home.

Businessman Will Truter was watching television with his family when he heard two screams, then went out into the dark to investigate.

"While I was standing outside we heard a third sound,'' Mr Truter told The Sunday Mail from his Brookfield property, about 4km from Mrs Baden-Clay's home.

Keyboredom
04-28-2012, 06:19 PM
I missed the 4km thing, saw they said it was 'about a half hour walk', but the difficulty of moving a body from that entire area without being seen would remain. Their distances don't sound accurate, the 'hot zone' is nowhere near 4 km from the Baden-clay home... But wouldn't be the first vague detail reported.

Liadan
04-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Hoping those personal items they found truly belong to Allison!

The scream reports are eerie and yes you would think they would have just automtaically gone to the police. But living on acreage - it is incredibly difficult to tell what is going on around you and the direction of the screams. We have kids and the neighbours kids around us screaming blue murder all day and often at night while they play tiggy and chasey games in the yard and the police would not want to hear about that. Sometimes those screams are bloodcurdling!

But also this info builds a very different and suggestive angle for police. Maybe he 'joined' his wife for her walk...... maybe after the walk the car was involvedjust after the screams? All my speculation but that timeline has been deliberately kept fuzzy by police - so I reckon they know whats happened that night. The police seem dead set on the zone of interest which really amazes me because I think of all the quiet country roads that link up with other state forest roads it really worries me how much bush is out there!!!!!

marlywings
04-28-2012, 06:42 PM
First time poster here, just a few thoughts & a lot of hmmms. If the husband was born & raised in the area then I would assume he'd know the whole area like the back of his hand so his absence from the searches raises a few questions. On the very day he reported his wife missing, he resorts to contacting lawyers, criminal lawyers at that. Your wife is missing & all you can think about doing is contacting lawyers???

On BrisbaneTimes news site it stated "Police are also interested in information about the movements of the Baden-Clay's cars - a white Toyota Prado and a silver Holden Captiva - between 8pm on Thursday, April 19, and 6am on Friday".

What time was she last seen, 8pm, 10pm or 6am, the time keeps changing.

The neighbours who heard screams, this is supposedly such a tight knit community, the reports of a missing person, Allison Baden-Clay, from within their community, were all over the news right from the Friday, yet the neighbours don't report the screams until Saturday???

crissyz
04-28-2012, 06:44 PM
My first post on this forum!
I have been so obsessed with this case, and have been following this thread from page 1.
I grew up in Bellbowrie, but now living in another area, but still classify this area as my home, perhaps thts why I am so intrigued, also I worked in real estate in Kenmore many years ago.

I just can't believe how high profile this case is... how quickly it took off and is still in breaking news day after day.

Have to say, as soon as i read that post on the previous page, or should we stick with 'testimonial' straight away I thought its either the woman he had the affair with, or def Gerard or the lawyer.......

There are just so many holes in this story, and all I am going by is the media stories, which keep repeating themselves.

I def think the car accident was a complete distraction.... why would he be heading in that direction to go to the station (as said previously, coming from brookfield he would go straight down moggill road and turn left in to the station.... not right up the ramp and down past the bus stop.....

Why did it take 6 days for the police to track the mobile signal? And how can her iphone not be flat after that time?? I know mine goes flat after 2 or so days without use.

I can't see her having been abducted in that area....which makes me think its foul play.

Gerards behaviour is def not that of a concerned husband.... his acting skills suck to start with, I just can't understand why any husband would just sit there and not do anything to help?? And there seems to be quite a distance between him and her parents.... you would think that in any normal situation, they would unite and do what they can, but also to be there to support each other!
I wonder if the police know more than they are letting on, and are slowly releasing info, such as the latest news of the neighbour on Rafting Ground Rd hearing the screaming - says they reported it to police last saturday.... why has it taken a week for them to release that statement? Unless I misread....
Poor Allison and the girls, and her poor distraught parents :( I don't think this is sounding good at all....
My first instincts I thought she might have done a runner to start a new life somewhere else.... but now I'm not too sure.
I wonder what personal articles they found, and if tihey found anything suspicious on Gerards computer/evidence.
Thankfully its not as cool today and the rain has stopped for all the dedicated and hardworking SES and police crew & people searching for any clues.
Lets hope this is solved soon, that they find Allison alive and well..... praying that there is some closure for the family.

Liadan
04-28-2012, 06:53 PM
My first post on this forum!
I have been so obsessed with this case, and have been following this thread from page 1.
I grew up in Bellbowrie, but now living in another area, but still classify this area as my home, perhaps thts why I am so intrigued, also I worked in real estate in Kenmore many years ago.

I just can't believe how high profile this case is... how quickly it took off and is still in breaking news day after day.

Have to say, as soon as i read that post on the previous page, or should we stick with 'testimonial' straight away I thought its either the woman he had the affair with, or def Gerard or the lawyer.......

There are just so many holes in this story, and all I am going by is the media stories, which keep repeating themselves.

I def think the car accident was a complete distraction.... why would he be heading in that direction to go to the station (as said previously, coming from brookfield he would go straight down moggill road and turn left in to the station.... not right up the ramp and down past the bus stop.....

Why did it take 6 days for the police to track the mobile signal? And how can her iphone not be flat after that time?? I know mine goes flat after 2 or so days without use.

I can't see her having been abducted in that area....which makes me think its foul play.

Gerards behaviour is def not that of a concerned husband.... his acting skills suck to start with, I just can't understand why any husband would just sit there and not do anything to help?? And there seems to be quite a distance between him and her parents.... you would think that in any normal situation, they would unite and do what they can, but also to be there to support each other!
I wonder if the police know more than they are letting on, and are slowly releasing info, such as the latest news of the neighbour on Rafting Ground Rd hearing the screaming - says they reported it to police last saturday.... why has it taken a week for them to release that statement? Unless I misread....
Poor Allison and the girls, and her poor distraught parents :( I don't think this is sounding good at all....
My first instincts I thought she might have done a runner to start a new life somewhere else.... but now I'm not too sure.
I wonder what personal articles they found, and if tihey found anything suspicious on Gerards computer/evidence.
Thankfully its not as cool today and the rain has stopped for all the dedicated and hardworking SES and police crew & people searching for any clues.
Lets hope this is solved soon, that they find Allison alive and well..... praying that there is some closure for the family.

That car accident was the biggest load of crap ever. NO ONE except buses and police are even allowed to drive into this bus area. Its not even easy to pull into the bus zone.

crissyz
04-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Forgot to say... with regards to his car 'accident' ..... on the way to be questioned by police, he has had an accident.... now, the other big suspicious part of this whole situation, there was not much damage to the car.... yet he was hospitalised for 2 days!!!! I had written my car off, sliced my knee down to the bone and needed 7 layers of stitches.... yet i came home that night.... Sorry, but after a little bang, and you are hospitalised?? Oh thats right, you need some time out to get your story straight.... thats my opinion..... Cos it just doesn't make any sense at all. Alarm bells.....

crissyz
04-28-2012, 06:56 PM
I remember years and years ago that taxi's used to drive to the top part of the bus stop, before all the renovations, but no cars should be going in there, there is no reason he would need to go in to the bus stop. Even if he had to 'divert' to avoid a collision, how could he go that far up in to the bus stop, he would have crashed in to the bus stop along side the road......

Liadan
04-28-2012, 07:00 PM
I remember years and years ago that taxi's used to drive to the top part of the bus stop, before all the renovations, but no cars should be going in there, there is no reason he would need to go in to the bus stop. Even if he had to 'divert' to avoid a collision, how could he go that far up in to the bus stop, he would have crashed in to the bus stop along side the road......

absolutely! and he was 'just a little bit hurt' boils my blood -my injuries would be the last thing I was worried about if one of my family members was missing!

crissyz
04-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Exactly...how many people would discard their own problems/pain etc to honestly work all day and all night no matter if you were a little bit sore, to search high and low for all hours of the day to find your missing wife...the mother of your children. Reminds me of my wedding vows.... in sickness and in health... no matter what, you do everything you can. Period. regardless of whether he was told to keep away.. that wouldnt stop most people.... and the fact that if he was asked to keep away, then obviously thats suss too. Or at least just be there at the showgrounds to personally thank the locals, SES & Police for all their hard work, all the locals who brought food.... and most of all, to be there to support her parents, and to be supported by them. I def think his parents, or his sister seeing as though she is capable of speaking for him, that they can look after the 3 girls so that he should be out there doing his husbandly duty.

Liadan
04-28-2012, 07:17 PM
A link to an article about time frame again.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/daughters-pray-for-missing-mum-allison-baden-clay/story-e6freuy9-1226341324546

crissyz
04-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Just like in sickness and in health... Maybe he concentrated on till death do us part... If he killed her or knew she was deceased, then perhaps he feels he doesn't need to respect his vows anymore. Horrible thought :(

ozazure
04-28-2012, 07:32 PM
I think it would be pretty likely the woman he allegedly has/had an affair with would know what has occurred if Gerard is involved, I hope she is being questioned and the pressure is on. She actually better be quite cautious about her own safety if she knows anything, if he is capable of it once, he might be capable twice.

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 07:58 PM
It would appear the helicopters are up searching again one is just flying around above my house.

They seem to be searching near Gap Creek Road area.

BobSuruncle
04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Strange about the report on screaming. That are was searched by Police and SES Tues/Wed last week - we saw them searching a particular are of the naturestrip which would be right in the area of the person who heard yelling.
Police have far more information than they tell us - they are running it methodically and are trying to get any last scrap of information we may have to HELP them solve this.

Keyboredom
04-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Have to disagree with some of the assumptions on here. It's likely Allison knew about the alleged affair as someone claiming to know her has said. It was meant to be over but he still behaved suspiciously, supposedly. The suggestions are his business was in trouble, he'd been having an affair (and possibly still was), and their marriage had been troubled for some time. If a huge argument has occurred and violence committed against her, none of this looks like a cunning well-planned event, and only he has been involved, if it's him, I really don't think his bit on the side would be involved in what is more likely a sudden escalation of a domestic dispute. And I doubt he would confess what happened to someone who is probably only a distraction from his pretend happy family church going life he put on display.

Anyone can easily aim their car at that bus interchange - there's no barrier to entry. And if a person was vague and stressed or come from a number of different directions it could be logical they used that road to make towards indooroopilly police - we don't know if he claimed to have been buying subway or coffee or something before heading back to the police. It's not completely out of realms of possibility he passed out and lost control. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Don't forget the interview was him responding to the reporters questions and it's obviously been heavily edited. I agree his mannerisms are strange, but by all reports he is a bit unusual ... If you watch one of his corporate videos his speech pattern is pretty similar. Still not the way you would expect someone frantically missing their partner to behave, but his mention of his own accident is probably more pronounced thanks to the news channels editing of his interview.

Helicopter is back in the area now ... Hopefully renewed interest in the 'hot zone' will turn something up. It's good they're looking at gap creek road too... Too much bush there to not be a possibility.

mountainhigh
04-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Met him 3-4 times around 3 years ago during a house purchase. in response to the post about him being 'arrogant', 'weird' & 'a womaniser', have to say the weird part I agree on a little (something you can't quite put your finger on for some reason but its there). He was a little phoney but i put that down to the whole real estate agent thing because it does seem to be a bit of a pre requisite and part of the job as it were. The arrogant part, I can't quite agree really in general, I don't think you can run a a successful little agency (which is all it is really) if you are too arrogant, as people will turn away from listing their house with you and he personally sells alot of the houses himsellf so arrogance, no can't agree. Funny the womaniser part comes up cause I remember at the time and even joked with my wife about it, he did blatantly fllirt with her a few times and even in front of me on one occcassion. Nothing major but I thought it just that little bit weird and full on, especially given this was a professional business transaction only and nothing personal whatsoever. That in itself I am sure if you physcho analyse would mean a 'supreme being' type attitude, having the 'front' or gall to do this without any sort of worry or care that I was present. suppose maybe that's where the arrogance comes in! Nothing major but speaks a little about the character I guess.

I feel for his inlaws and especially for those 3 children. Just horrific for them. Was hoping may be a positive outcome but looking less likely now.
Agree with a lot on here so far and there have been some really poor judgements on his behalf but none that make him 100% guilty - Yet...
car accident was the strangest thing really..
and not being present in the absolute slightest at the command centre or one of the vigils is just whacko in my mind. if you were 100% innocent wouldn't this be just standard procedure that you would be there! Again, different people react in different ways to events like this and I have seen it personally but again very poor judgement calls if indeed he has had nothing to do with this.

Reported screaming at around 10pm,, half an hours walk away from their house. Didn't he report her leaving their house AT 10pm. someone has their times out of whack by half an hour here.. either him or these neighbours have. you can't leave their house at 10pm and then be screaiming at 10pm somewhere which is half an hours walk away (4km).
minor detail and pick up but its all relevant I guess.
has been alot of conflicting reports but I will go with the police and not the media and go with the 'thursday night 10pm' statement as when she was last seen by the husband.

Financial problems as reported on Thur - have no doubt about that, given he moved from his little office in Kenmore which would have been no more than $2500 per month rent to a massive commercial property in Taringa that would be double if not tripple that in rent. (or perhaps he bought it which would be even worse!!)
And all this at a time when the property market nose dived in a big way!! the Signage alone would have been $25,000. Always wondered why he even made that move? Obviously saw more potential closer into the inner western suburbs..but why the massive big property....some of the most successful agencies operate out of little premises just like he first had?
Part of the grand act and For show perhaps, who knows? seemed like a silly move financially.

jlydia
04-28-2012, 08:15 PM
I feel so sorry for those poor girls and the family of Alison.

My 11 year old daughter heard on the radio that police were interviewing a 'close female friend' and said to me 'that's weird. I think the husband might have hurt her mum' :(

Raskolnikov
04-28-2012, 08:25 PM
It's true that the info being released or just speculated by the police and media make it hard to build a likely picture of events.

I think that when the husband says he is just 'trying to care for MY children' he is possibly holding on to the belief that now that Alison is no longer here, and I think he had something to do with that, he has to not go to jail for the sake of his children. A way of rationalising the fact that he did something terrible, may not have meant it, but now that it's done and can't be changed, the kids having at least one parent is the most important thing. Obviously he may think that being a great parent now to his kids may some how mitigate the big mistake he has made.

Obviosuly that is a very weird way of looking at things but it might be his current outlook.

willough
04-28-2012, 08:58 PM

Yep, I was thinking the same kiwijayne. They hopped onto this incredibly quick and had so many involved searching so quickly too. To be honest, they have appeared to have exhausted more effort in finding this lady (in the initial stages) than they even did with Daniel Morcombe. Also the Premier coming on TV expressing that he will happily give anything the police commissioner wants in finding her, makes me seriously think, there is actually more to Allison Baden-Clay too. Why are politicians coming on telly about this sort of stuff?

indogwetrust
04-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Another 'local' here.

Just a couple of things to add:

1. Many of us have wondered why he was driving behind Indro shopping town to go to the police station on Moggill Rd (he didn't need to turn off). Apparently on Station Rd there is some other police HQ, at about number 30 near the bank. My partner has seen lots of polic cars parked underneath. Could Gerard have been going there? Can anyone verify this other 'police station' on Station rd?

2. Did anyone else happen to notice the three (?) skulls of ruminants since passed (one looked like a Gazelle, with its horns) which were displayed on his parents outside wall. Clearly visible when he was being interviewed outside his parent's place last Weds. I know he comes from a camping culture - but what of a hunting one, where it's ok to kill things (this is a very bad generalisation but the skulls really stood out to me and were a bit creepy).

3. on the point of hiring a criminal lawyer - I think we all would, guilty or innocent. Police are fallible, they make mistakes, they have wrongly accused people before and botched up investigations. They also have a habit of intimidating and scaring the beegeezus out of you even if you've done nothing wrong. A lawyer would at the very least let you know what your rights are in such a situation.

SKMA
04-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Also the Premier coming on TV expressing that he will happily give anything the police commissioner wants in finding her, makes me seriously think, there is actually more to Allison Baden-Clay too. Why are politicians coming on telly about this sort of stuff?

Mr Baden-Clay is a massive LNP supporter and Brookfield is a true believer, dyed in the wool LNP seat and has been for years. Many wealthy and powerful business people have million dollar homes out there.

You could see the sticker supporting Campbell Newman on the back windscreen of Mr Baden-Clay's car in one of the early media shots plus Bruce Flegg, the local LNP member personally visited him at his parents house a few days ago. I'd say he and his business have probably made a party donation or two in their time. And the LNP are now running the State so it all adds up. They're protecting one of their own.

SKMA
04-28-2012, 09:13 PM
3. on the point of hiring a criminal lawyer - I think we all would, guilty or innocent. Police are fallible, they make mistakes, they have wrongly accused people before and botched up investigations. They also have a habit of intimidating and scaring the beegeezus out of you even if you've done nothing wrong. A lawyer would at the very least let you know what your rights are in such a situation.

A lawyer can also threaten to sue for defamation if anything possibly injurious to Mr Baden-Clay is said. After he hired the lawyer the police stopped giving press conferences and the media started publishing "Poor Gerard" articles. Everyone is being very careful now.

truthseeker12
04-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Something in the home must have alerted the police to contact their superiors! It was turned into a crime scene...now why are the police asking if anyone saw any movement of the family cars between 8:00pm and 6:00am?

If Allison was snatched by a random psychopath lurking in Brookfield then the home wouldn't look like a crime scene and the police wouldn't be interested in the family cars or his mobile phone etc.

I just can't get over those facts

I agree that the police are being careful!

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Something in the home must have alerted the police to contact their superiors! It was turned into a crime scene...now why are the police asking if anyone saw any movement of the family cars between 8:00pm and 6:00am?

If Allison was snatched by a random psychopath lurking in Brookfield then the home wouldn't look like a crime scene and the police wouldn't be interested in the family cars or his mobile phone etc.

I just can't get over those facts

I agree that the police are being careful!

Probably when they arrived the scratch/es on his face combined with the unexplained disappearance of his wife? Made them think that there was something more sinister going on.

marlywings
04-28-2012, 09:42 PM
I agree although I'm not sure a scratch on the face would warrant reporting to detectives??...something sparked their interest though when it says in today's report,

Asked why police responded in such force to a missing person's report on the Friday morning, Supt Ainsworth yesterday said officers who first attended made unspecified observations they reported to detectives

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/sunday-mail/scream-in-the-night-alarms-residents/story-e6frep2f-1226341666902

Liadan
04-28-2012, 09:52 PM
2. Did anyone else happen to notice the three (?) skulls of ruminants since passed (one looked like a Gazelle, with its horns) which were displayed on his parents outside wall. Clearly visible when he was being interviewed outside his parent's place last Weds. I know he comes from a camping culture - but what of a hunting one, where it's ok to kill things (this is a very bad generalisation but the skulls really stood out to me and were a bit creepy).

Weren't there some at his house on the veranda as well? I wonder if the family owned guns? How is that for starting the rumour mill......

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 09:54 PM
I agree although I'm not sure a scratch on the face would warrant reporting to detectives??...something sparked their interest though when it says in today's report,

Asked why police responded in such force to a missing person's report on the Friday morning, Supt Ainsworth yesterday said officers who first attended made unspecified observations they reported to detectives

Probably scratch/es combined with the fact she had left the house the night before and him heading off to bed. That seems are wee bit uncaring to say the least.

I was discussing this with my partner last night and he would have called someone to come stay with the kids and gone out searching himself. Remembering his parents live 3-4kms away at best. If he couldn't have found me he would have called the police to get their advice what to do.

Keyboredom
04-28-2012, 10:01 PM
His family are from South Africa, which is where the keeping and displaying of trophy skulls/horns would come from.

One of the more disturbing images in the whole case so far was his parents having the weird tongue kiss for the benefit of news cameras. Understand they would be over having media camped on their front lawn, but not doing their son any favours by confirming his family are 'unusual'.

Searchers weren't near the area where screams were heard this morning, but they have spread out over the hill from Gap Creek road now, so maybe there was something in that.

Fingers crossed for some physical evidence to help connect the dots.

SKMA
04-28-2012, 10:06 PM
I agree. The tonguey was really improbable... and a little undignified. What message were they trying to send? Whatever it was they failed.

bearbear
04-28-2012, 10:11 PM
maybe what he meant was he went to bed at 10pm and she was watching the footy show when he last saw her, then when he got up and she wasnt there, he assumed she had gone for her morning run but then got worried when she hadnt returned so then called police around 7.30am? there seems to be a lot of confusion around his time line.

marlywings
04-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Yes that kiss was one of the weirdest things!!

One other thing I keep wondering about is, even if they'd had a huge argument, she'd go storming off for a walk at that time of night in that type of area?? I'm not sure I know of any woman who'd be brave enough to go out walking alone in such an area, unless perhaps she'd been drinking/was drunk??

kiwijayne
04-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Yes that kiss was one of the weirdest things!!

One other thing I keep wondering about is, even if they'd had a huge argument, she'd go storming off for a walk at that time of night in that type of area?? I'm not sure I know of any woman who'd be brave enough to go out walking alone in such an area, unless perhaps she'd been drinking/was drunk??

I most certainly wouldn't be wandering round this area at night. No street lights, no real footpaths and just the general darkness of this area scares me at night.

indogwetrust
04-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Does anyone have a link to the footage of this infamous tongue-kiss between his parents?

When did it happen, what was the context?

Keyboredom
04-28-2012, 10:28 PM
maybe what he meant was he went to bed at 10pm and she was watching the footy show when he last saw her, then when he got up and she wasnt there, he assumed she had gone for her morning run but then got worried when she hadnt returned so then called police around 7.30am? there seems to be a lot of confusion around his time line.

That version sounds plausible, and more logical than all the varying night walk stories. Except who would call the police when their partner was only 30 mins late back from their walk, assuming she would normally return after an hour? Surely you'd spend some time ringing friends, likely walking partners and driving around to find her. If it was my missus I reckon by around midday I would be properly distraught, prior to that I would assume she was distracted or with friends or being vague. Seems early to press the panic button. Guess it depends on how bad her depression was and what was said the night before, to work out whether he should have been beside himself enough to ring so soon, then apparently lose that panic and change his approach as he has with the media/lawyer. Weirdness.

Raskolnikov
04-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Believe me you do not want to see the old people tongueing each other.

The context was that the father of Gerard had just returned home and was met in the garage by his wife and they started kissing like 2 people trying to extract all the air from each others lungs. This was in the garage doorway and was captured by cameras. Not sure if they saw the camara as obviously a zoom lense may have been used but it did seem weird.

SKMA
04-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Does anyone have a link to the footage of this infamous tongue-kiss between his parents?

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/no-luck-yet-for-missing-mother/xp1r8ud

make of it what you will.

indogwetrust
04-28-2012, 10:39 PM
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/no-luck-yet-for-missing-mother/xp1r8ud

make of it what you will.

Highly staged and rather revolting.

Then he (Gerard) trudging past those three skulls again, looking on.

I thought they were from Sth Africa as Keyboredom has noted. But the skulls still make me wonder as to what kind of a culture he grew up in, if hunting was considered to be ok. It's just strange to have them so proudly displayed (at least to me it is).

Keyboredom
04-28-2012, 10:43 PM

Was on a news channel last night?. The reporter said something like the parents put on an unusual display ... They did it as they shut the roller door. It was just weird.

marlywings
04-28-2012, 10:48 PM
That version sounds plausible, and more logical than all the varying night walk stories. Except who would call the police when their partner was only 30 mins late back from their walk, assuming she would normally return after an hour? Surely you'd spend some time ringing friends, likely walking partners and driving around to find her.. If it was my missus I reckon by around midday I would be properly distraught, prior to that I would assume she was distracted or with friends or being vague. Seems early to press the panic button. Guess it depends on how bad her depression was and what was said the night before, to work out whether he should have been beside himself enough to ring so soon, then apparently lose that panic and change his approach as he has with the media/lawyer. Weirdness

Another angle on it could be perhaps she had a habit of storming off alone during or after an argument & he's thought oh well she'll be back. I still think hiring a criminal lawyer right on the very day he reports her as missing is very odd indeed.

indogwetrust
04-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Another angle on it could be perhaps she had a habit of storming off alone during or after an argument & he's thought oh well she'll be back. I still think hiring a criminal lawyer right on the very day he reports her as missing is very odd indeed.

I thought something a bit similar re: storming out. But more along the lines that he was really pissed off with her for walking out and causing so much trouble, which is why he didn't react like someone who was worried, in the beginning. Doesn't explain his most recent behaviour.

Am not sure the lawyer was hired the next day? He made that comment to the camera on Weds and it was after this he hired the lawyer.

I do think that he played the victim that day he did speak. The bit about being 'a little bit hurt but I'm ok'. Really??? Shouldn't have been no, didn't hurt myself what's more important is my wife's welfare, we HAVE to find her, I'm so worried, it's been days now!

On this issue about him not searching - is it possible police or his lawyer have told him not to due to possibly contaminating the search area with his DNA? The Morcombe's were not allowed to go to the final search area for their son Danielle for this same reason.

jlydia
04-28-2012, 11:04 PM

See, I would be out driving anywhere to try and find them! I'd make sure the kids were cared for, then just go. Not to a lawyer's office, but out, looking anywhere she might be. Driving the streets, posting flyers, asking local businesses, making myself a media whore to get the word out. I know a lawyer probably makes the most sense in terms of covering yourself, but that would be the last thing I'd be doing!

crissyz
04-28-2012, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=indogwetrust;7848329]Another 'local' here.

1. Many of us have wondered why he was driving behind Indro shopping town to go to the police station on Moggill Rd (he didn't need to turn off). Apparently on Station Rd there is some other police HQ, at about number 30 near the bank. My partner has seen lots of polic cars parked underneath. Could Gerard have been going there? Can anyone verify this other 'police station' on Station rd?

The police station on Moggill Rd is where they have set up the emergency room for this case... so I would have thought he would have to go there.... Sure, he could have been at Indro and then go to the police station.... I wouldn't have thought he would be in any state to go shopping though... perhaps he had lunch with the lady friend... perhaps they rendevouzed and met for lunch and swapped cars? who knows!