PDA

View Full Version : NAMUS posts new image

marysawol
04-28-2012, 01:15 AM
NAMUS has created a new image of our guy, Grateful Jason Doe.

https://identifyus.org/cases/6095

It's been so long since I've posted a photo in here, I've forgotten how, sorry.
Would someone do it for me please?

https://identifyus.org/en/medias/show/13483

I've tried, but not sure if it's going to work.

Anywho, this new image is going to throw everyone off!

Feedback please

I'd really like to know how they came up with this image. Especially since our guy Grateful Jason Doe was cremated, wasn't he?

Beamie
04-28-2012, 10:09 AM
He looks so sweet

believe09
04-28-2012, 12:05 PM
I am pretty certain that this image was based on the autopsy photos. I always wondered about Jason's nose in the bust that we have been working from. Perhaps this is a better representation of build as well!

carterkatt
04-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Yes.. he does look sweet... compassionate even... a sparkle in his eye, and a lot more handsome than the others "pics" we have seen.

CarlK90245
04-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Interesting. I went back to the 1988 West Potomac High School in Alexandria VA to look again at the six Freshman and Sophomore boys named Jason. There were six total (4 freshmen and two sophomores).

I was focused on WPHS because Alexandria VA was the only city in Virginia on my 1994 HomePhone CD with a landline telephone prefix 914, and there was also a Caroline T from WPHS Class of 91 (who i tried to contact on Facebook, and she never responded).

There was a Freshman (Jason W) who looked somewhat like the old recon (but with short hair), but I found some records online to indicate that he was probably alive after 1995. There was also a sophomore named Jason S with long mullet hairstyle and an Ozzy tee-shirt. I could see that he even had a pierced ear. But it was his right ear, not his left (as was the case with Jason Doe).

And there was this guy - Jason C. It's a very unusual surname. I have been unable to even find anyone in Facebook, Ancestry.com, Veromi.net, WhitePages.com, etc. with that surname (with or without the a first name Jason).

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q697/Carlkopp90245/Misc%20Websleuths%20Images/2375805850045078242S600x600Q851.jpghttps://identifyus.org/en/medias/show/13483

I didn't pay him much attention before because he didn't look much like the older recon, but if you add 7 years to his age (to make him about 21), he might pass for the new recon.

Cubby
04-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Carl, if you can't find anyone else with that surname, with or without the 1st name Jason, I wonder if the last name/surname was spelled with a typo in the HS year book you found. Maybe try seeing if you can find him in a year or two later and see if the surname is spelled the same. I recall a few typo's from my HS year books way back.

hth

CarlK90245
04-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Carl, if you can't find anyone else with that surname, with or without the 1st name Jason, I wonder if the last name/surname was spelled with a typo in the HS year book you found. Maybe try seeing if you can find him in a year or two later and see if the surname is spelled the same. I recall a few typo's from my HS year books way back.

hth

I figured that might be the case.

1988 was the only WIHS yearbook available in Classmates. And Classmates doesn't publish any yearbooks after 1988.

marysawol
04-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Carl, Did you google the last name?

By the way, great eye!

Cubby
04-28-2012, 02:50 PM
I figured that might be the case.

1988 was the only WIHS yearbook available in Classmates. And Classmates doesn't publish any yearbooks after 1988.

I think it's definately a typo. Especially if the surname does not appear in ancestry, or any other record.

Since classmates doesn't publish yearbooks after 1988, hopefully someone on the ground in Alexandria, VA will pop into this thread and can make a trip to the local library, if they carry the local HS yearbooks.

anneonymous
04-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Carl, you're absolutely right with the resemblance. (And I appreciate your yearbook sleuthing-- it helped me to find the very first photos of our formerly MP.) Going with Cubby's line of thought, if there are two typos in the last name, there are a lot more hits for living people with that name.

believe09
04-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Interesting. I went back to the 1988 West Potomac High School in Alexandria VA to look again at the six Freshman and Sophomore boys named Jason. There were six total (4 freshmen and two sophomores).

I was focused on WPHS because Alexandria VA was the only city in Virginia on my 1994 HomePhone CD with a landline telephone prefix 914, and there was also a Caroline T from WPHS Class of 91 (who i tried to contact on Facebook, and she never responded).

There was a Freshman (Jason W) who looked somewhat like the old recon (but with short hair), but I found some records online to indicate that he was probably alive after 1995. There was also a sophomore named Jason S with long mullet hairstyle and an Ozzy tee-shirt. I could see that he even had a pierced ear. But it was his right ear, not his left (as was the case with Jason Doe).

And there was this guy - Jason C. It's a very unusual surname. I have been unable to even find anyone in Facebook, Ancestry.com, Veromi.net, WhitePages.com, etc. with that surname (with or without the a first name Jason).

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q697/Carlkopp90245/Misc%20Websleuths%20Images/2375805850045078242S600x600Q851.jpghttps://identifyus.org/en/medias/show/13483

I didn't pay him much attention before because he didn't look much like the older recon, but if you add 7 years to his age (to make him about 21), he might pass for the new recon.

TY Carl. Is there a way for us to get a better look at the earlobes of the black and white photo of Jason C?

Cubby
04-28-2012, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't even want to begin to guess the correct spelling. It would be much better if we could get someone to check the local library for a subsequent yearbook which would have the correct spelling. And then research from there....

anneonymous
04-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Found the gentleman in the yearbook photo... He is alive. I should also mention how incredible some of the new reconstructions have been lately. I'd never guess this was a reconstruction.

Cubby
04-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Carl, was this Jason C a freshman or sophmore in the yearbook you looked at? tia

CarlK90245
04-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Sorry, I've been away for a few hours:

Carl, Did you google the last name?

By the way, great eye!

Yes, I did. Nothing comes up at all.

Found the gentleman in the yearbook photo... He is alive. I should also mention how incredible some of the new reconstructions have been lately. I'd never guess this was a reconstruction.

Where did you find that?

Is this the site?
http://tree52.com/Groups_Class.php?csc=1991&csi=6535&csn=West%20Potomac%20H.S.

If so, I'm not sure that the inclusion of his name on this list means that he is alive.

Carl, was this Jason C a freshman or sophmore in the yearbook you looked at? tia

He was a Freshman in the 1987-1988 school year, so the guy Anneonymous found was probably the same guy. It's only a few letters off from the way it was spelled in the yearbook.

CarlK90245
04-28-2012, 08:51 PM
OK - I found Jason C. in MyLife showing that he is now living in Starkville MS. It appears that it is the same guy, as it says that he went to West Potomac HS.

HopeIsAlive
05-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Hi guys, I'm new here. :-) I have been following this case for a couple weeks. Coincidentally, I started following it a few days before NamUs posted the new image. I was immediately wrapped in the case, emotionally invested for reasons I can't explain. After three days of thinking and reading about Jason, bam! NamUs posts a new image, first time in about 17 years, it looks like.
I have made efforts to spread to image on FB and a few other sites. Not sure that it has gone too far. I can't seem to find a FB page with an active administrator for him. Do you know of one? Should someone start a new one?
This picture is the best new tool there has been to solve this case in years, and possibly the last one we'll get. I really think there is a good possibility when can give him a name if this picture makes it to the eyes of someone who knew him. I remember people from 17 years ago. The poor police sketch and inaccurate reports that he was a redhead may have had a lot to do with why he was never identified. If someone didn't have a reason to believe their friend or family member was dead, they probably wouldn't have recognized him from that picture.
Happy to be here to be here to discuss this case with you! :-)

HopeIsAlive
05-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Well I found a FB profile, named Maybe Jason, that is up to date. Maybe Jason has over 2000 friends, wow!
http://www.facebook.com/trying2id?ref=ts
It is a great page! Being a profile, not a fan page, I don't understand how it is being spread? *scratches head*

Mzkity62
05-06-2012, 11:52 PM
It it absolutely amazing what they can do with reconstruction now. I do believe we now may find a family for our"Jason". This young man has meant so much to me since the first time I laid eyes on his picture and read his story. I have a son that wanders and I do not hear from for many weeks at the time, so I often wonder if one day I will find my son like Jason. I surely hope not, but I pray for him daily as well as all the other lost souls out there.

HopeIsAlive
05-20-2012, 06:45 PM
I have created a new page for our Grateful Doe. PLEASE come like the new page and share it with your Facebook friends. Thankyou!!!http://www.facebook.com/gratefuldoe

redsky
05-22-2012, 01:04 PM
I have created a new page for our Grateful Doe. PLEASE come like the new page and share it with your Facebook friends. Thankyou!!!http://www.facebook.com/gratefuldoe

Thank you!!

8truthseeker8
05-23-2012, 09:59 AM
I just "liked" the page and shared it with my friends (whom are mostly from VA and DC). Hoping that someone recognizes him or knows somebody who knows somebody that is missing a son and looking for him.

thefinder
05-23-2012, 01:24 PM
is there any possibility that Jason doe is Jason K. Cannon?

thefinder
05-23-2012, 01:29 PM
I've been working on this for awhile now, and I have a list of 74 possibilities for Jason Doe. Some seem more reasonable than others. The one that most compels me is Jason K. Cannon missing since 3/16/83 from Boise Idaho, he was 2 at the time, and would have been 14 or so in 1995. He had sandy blond/dark blond/light brown hair and brown eyes. There is little info on Jason Cannon. His mother claims that she left him outside the home for a few minutes unattended and when she returned he was gone. I was thinking possibly a family abduction, or something like that, where he might have kept his first name. If anyone wants to help me narrow down my list of possibilities please let me know.

HopeIsAlive
05-26-2012, 01:35 PM
I've been working on this for awhile now, and I have a list of 74 possibilities for Jason Doe. Some seem more reasonable than others. The one that most compels me is Jason K. Cannon missing since 3/16/83 from Boise Idaho, he was 2 at the time, and would have been 14 or so in 1995. He had sandy blond/dark blond/light brown hair and brown eyes. There is little info on Jason Cannon. His mother claims that she left him outside the home for a few minutes unattended and when she returned he was gone. I was thinking possibly a family abduction, or something like that, where he might have kept his first name. If anyone wants to help me narrow down my list of possibilities please let me know.

I do think we should summit a tip for Jason Cannon. The theory seems like a long shot, but there is something weird about this case, or he would have been identified by now. The hair color, eye color, and name match. I just wish there was more info on the Jason Cannon case.
I actually look forward to working on your list, but I am not sure when I am going to get around to it. Right now there are several other things I should be doing. :-/ This is the page admin, so I have your list. :-)
I know you can also summit tips by email at
hotline@ncmec.com
I would try to make the tip specific, with links to the corresponding profiles on NAMUS on the Doe network, Charley project, ect. If you could figure out a way to imbed Jason Cannon's picture next to Grateful Doe in the email it would probably stand a better chance at grabbing someone's attention.
If you send an email let me know. I look forward to working with you on this case. :-)

HopeIsAlive
05-28-2012, 07:26 PM
I went ahead and sent a tip to the email I gave above about Jason K. Cannon being a possible match. I hope and pray that it is read in a timely manner and taken seriously and persued by investigators. I hope I get a response. If I do not, we should call whatever phone numbers we can find on both cases to suggest this tip, although I hate making phone calls. I do not want to let this one go. I haven't claimed the possible match to be my idea and I never will. If this is a match, and it is a big IF, then I will happily give you the just credit you deserve for thinking out of the box.

HopeIsAlive
05-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Help! I tried to summit a tip by email at the address I gave above, but it got returned to me, something about the recipient rejected it. :-( What email do I use to summit tips?

mamashawn
06-08-2012, 05:39 PM
And there was this guy - Jason C. It's a very unusual surname.

I visited a link posted later in this thread and it showed a Jason C. from W. Potomac who's name had been highlighted. If that's the name you're referring to, it's a pretty common name around south central VA. At least it used to be. There's even a drug store in my home town that carries the name.

I'm going to try and contact some of my friends from college to see if any of them recognize this fellow. There were a lot of kids from NOVA that were part of the dead scene back in the 90's in my dorm.

brit1981
06-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Has Aron silverman been discounted, I could not see his name in the possible matches section. he disappeared in 1993 so two year before Jason Doe died, but it was thought possible he was a run away so it is not impossible he lived as a run away for a couple of years before being killed in the accident. I now his name is not Jason, but maybe that is a red herring: he could have given the girls a false name, someone else gave him the note, he piced it up from somewhere etc.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=783972&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

GenericUsername
06-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Height, weight, and eye color don't match / aren't close.
It's possible he could have grown or gained weight, but I don't think he was wearing brown contacts when he was found.

brit1981
06-14-2012, 03:21 AM
ah, OK.

Mels3kidz
06-17-2012, 01:10 PM
I just "liked" the page and shared it with my friends (whom are mostly from VA and DC). Hoping that someone recognizes him or knows somebody who knows somebody that is missing a son and looking for him.

Somewhere, buried in one of these threads about Jason, there is a comment from LE where they believe that Jason's family contacted them, apparently these folks asked specific questions that haven't/hadn't been released.

I'm going to go back and see if I can find the actual qoute.

Mel

Found it. Main thread #1 post # 203

Posted by:
marylandmissing
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb
<Spoke w/ a ME once who told me that shortly after this death, they received a call they believe may have been the family of this boy.>

<so, what did they say? were they able to confirm anything from this?>

When this first happened, some physical characteristics weren't released to the public, as there was no need to initially. After the first media release occurred, they received a call from someone inquiring if the young man had these characteristics...

thefinder
07-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Hey, I submitted the match to doe network, said they would look into it, but you know how that goes. Still a tough one, with 180 some people already ruled out, at least we know that this case is definitely being worked on. I just don't understand some of the people that have been tested, when so many that are at the appropriate age have not. Anyways, I have narrowed the list down to 40 some more likely candidates.

thefinder
07-10-2012, 06:21 PM
here they are, some are way more likely than others. It wouldn't let me load my actual list, which includes age when missing, age in 1995, date missing, date of birth, location missing, namus #, hair & eye color, and brief description of scenario
all of these missing guys fit into the age range of 13-24 in June 1995.

NAME
Aiello, Steven
Allen, Marc J.
Amato, Andrew
Ayotte, Kevin J.
Barclay, Nicholas P.
Barnett, Richard R.
Benetton, Soni M.
Borer, David M.
Bright, Jeremy D.
Cantrell, Antreas C.
Cerniglia, Paul A.
Clark, Steven M.
Collins, Kevin A.
Crain, William S.
Dabkowski, Jon M.
Davison, Timothy J.
Dollar, Burt O.
Downey, William V.
Eddings, Marty L.
Edmonds, Jr, Charles D.
Evans, Sean W.
Fair, Curtis M.
Francis, Charles C.
Franko, Anthony B.
Fritz, Robert J.
Frye, Ronald
Green, Jarrod D.
Grice, Jeremy J.
Guthrie, Timothy P.
Hale, Shawn
Hansen, Bradley B.
Harrington, Dennis P.
Heindenreich, Mike
Henderson, Charles A.
Henson, Royce
Hollan Jr, Kelly
Inman, John C.
Inman, Tyler J.
Izzett Jr., Donald L.
Jackson, Danny R.
Johnson, Paul W.
Karis, Andrew
Kellar, Robert L.
Kleeschulte, Scott A.
Krafft III, John L.
Krebbs, Larry D.
Lango, John F.
Leach, Randy W.
Lewis, Reuben M.
Lusher, Jamie
Mackerley, Louis A.
Mahaffey, Joshua J.
Martin, Eugene W.
Martin, Mark S.
McColl, Peter J.
Mello, Patrick W.
Minarcin, Gabriel
Mort, Russell J.
Narbonne, Taj
Negrete, Jared M.
Nuray, Cenzig H.
Osborne, Jeffery D.
Pate, Aaron M.
Patz, Etan K.
Rawls, Samuel R.
Russo, Jason J.
Salomon, Mitchel
Sayegh, Cary D.
Schwerman, Roger
Seelman, Mark W.
Seelman, Mark W.
Simonelli, John
Smith, Nicholas V.
Swan, Christopher J.
Theis, Tyrom
Torres-Irizarry, Angel
Wells, Joel
Wetterling, Jacob E.
Wright, Michael A.
Yanez, Rene
Zahn, Christoph
Zeigler, Jonathan L.

I have another list of less likely people. These people are all a little older, 25-30. If anyone is interested in either complete list, let me know.

thefinder
07-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Just to say, none of the men on the list have been ruled out, according to NAMUS.

thefinder
07-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Sorry, I keep posting, for some reason, Jason Cannon is not on the list that I previously posted, he definitely should be.

Babyslims
07-11-2012, 09:54 PM
I know the stats are off for Jeffery D Osborne but some of his pictures look similar to the newer picture of 'Jason' specifically the ears! https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8205/50

thefinder
07-12-2012, 01:09 PM
We would need to know if Osbourne had longer hair at the time, Doe was not found with glasses

thefinder
07-12-2012, 01:11 PM
NAMUS describes his hair as a short buzz cut, he probably should be taken off of my list as he disappeared after JD died, but sometimes people get dates wrong

ktgirl
07-16-2012, 04:04 PM
here they are, some are way more likely than others. It wouldn't let me load my actual list, which includes age when missing, age in 1995, date missing, date of birth, location missing, namus #, hair & eye color, and brief description of scenario
all of these missing guys fit into the age range of 13-24 in June 1995.

NAME
Aiello, Steven
Allen, Marc J.
Amato, Andrew
Ayotte, Kevin J.
Barclay, Nicholas P.
Barnett, Richard R.
Benetton, Soni M.
Borer, David M.
Bright, Jeremy D.
Cantrell, Antreas C.
Cerniglia, Paul A.
Clark, Steven M.
Collins, Kevin A.
Crain, William S.
Dabkowski, Jon M.
Davison, Timothy J.
Dollar, Burt O.
Downey, William V.
Eddings, Marty L.
Edmonds, Jr, Charles D.
Evans, Sean W.
Fair, Curtis M.
Francis, Charles C.
Franko, Anthony B.
Fritz, Robert J.
Frye, Ronald
Green, Jarrod D.
Grice, Jeremy J.
Guthrie, Timothy P.
Hale, Shawn
Hansen, Bradley B.
Harrington, Dennis P.
Heindenreich, Mike
Henderson, Charles A.
Henson, Royce
Hollan Jr, Kelly
Inman, John C.
Inman, Tyler J.
Izzett Jr., Donald L.
Jackson, Danny R.
Johnson, Paul W.
Karis, Andrew
Kellar, Robert L.
Kleeschulte, Scott A.
Krafft III, John L.
Krebbs, Larry D.
Lango, John F.
Leach, Randy W.
Lewis, Reuben M.
Lusher, Jamie
Mackerley, Louis A.
Mahaffey, Joshua J.
Martin, Eugene W.
Martin, Mark S.
McColl, Peter J.
Mello, Patrick W.
Minarcin, Gabriel
Mort, Russell J.
Narbonne, Taj
Negrete, Jared M.
Nuray, Cenzig H.
Osborne, Jeffery D.
Pate, Aaron M.
Patz, Etan K.
Rawls, Samuel R.
Russo, Jason J.
Salomon, Mitchel
Sayegh, Cary D.
Schwerman, Roger
Seelman, Mark W.
Seelman, Mark W.
Simonelli, John
Smith, Nicholas V.
Swan, Christopher J.
Theis, Tyrom
Torres-Irizarry, Angel
Wells, Joel
Wetterling, Jacob E.
Wright, Michael A.
Yanez, Rene
Zahn, Christoph
Zeigler, Jonathan L.

I have another list of less likely people. These people are all a little older, 25-30. If anyone is interested in either complete list, let me know.

And there's a Jason on this list...

ualaw99
07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
And there's a Jason on this list...

Jason Russo profile -

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6612/2/

It looks like he was likely lost at sea with his father and friends.

More info -

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/russo_jason.html

Jujercu
07-24-2012, 11:40 PM
https://www.facebook.com/jim.colemissing?sk=wall

This guy went missing in 1994 from Maryland. Looks similar.

Eta...just noticed James cole was already ruled out.

katydid23
07-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Somewhere, buried in one of these threads about Jason, there is a comment from LE where they believe that Jason's family contacted them, apparently these folks asked specific questions that haven't/hadn't been released.

I'm going to go back and see if I can find the actual qoute.

Mel

Found it. Main thread #1 post # 203

Posted by:
marylandmissing
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb
<Spoke w/ a ME once who told me that shortly after this death, they received a call they believe may have been the family of this boy.>

<so, what did they say? were they able to confirm anything from this?>

When this first happened, some physical characteristics weren't released to the public, as there was no need to initially. After the first media release occurred, they received a call from someone inquiring if the young man had these characteristics...

If his family called the ME, then why did they never call back and retrieve him and have a memorial?

Irish_Eyes
07-28-2012, 10:26 PM
By any remote chance, is anyone here a member at Oxford Ancestors? (I think you would have had to have your genealogy DNA test done through them to be a member.)

They used to have their boards public a few years ago, but now you need to be a member to see them. That is where people compare their results to see if they are related somewhere down the line.

I noticed we've been given a gift on the Grateful Dead John Doe....his DNA!

LOCUS:
D8S1179: 13,13
D21S11: 30, 32.2
TH01: 9, 9.3
D13S317: 12, 13
D19S433: 14, 14
VWA: 14, 16
TPOX: 8,8
D18S51: 18, 19
D5S818: 12, 12
FGA: 22, 24

The fact we know 10 loci is awesome. From what I've been able to tell so far (and this won't be a shock), his profile is the profile of someone who is pretty much as Caucasian as they come. I found a site that listed the frequency of different alleles among Scottish populations and his markers are among those found the most frequently in Scottish populations. That doesn't mean that he is Scottish. Since I was able to find some countries (Portugal for example, where he didn't match as well), but not others, for all I know he could be a better match to Irish, English, German, etc., etc. And even that isn't 100%, because these are frequencies and Caucasian ethnic groups have intermingled for so many years that there is a great deal of variation among people of the same ethnicity. Still, it was interesting because Virginia and its neighbors have a greater share of people with Scottish ancestry than the rest of the country. Many, many Scottish settled in that area of the U.S.

My curiosity is piqued by the fact that at 4 of the 10 loci he has the same number from mother and father. I don't know that that is very common today. I wonder if there is someone we can ask who would know better than I how common that is. I wondered if it might indicate that he is from a very small town (maybe along Appalachia somewhere, or Pennsylvania Dutch country) where there would have been less genetic variance. Just a thought.

Irish_Eyes
07-28-2012, 10:28 PM
By any remote chance, is anyone here a member at Oxford Ancestors? (I think you would have had to have your genealogy DNA test done through them to be a member.)

They used to have their boards public a few years ago, but now you need to be a member to see them. That is where people compare their results to see if they are related somewhere down the line.

I noticed we've been given a gift on the Grateful Dead John Doe....his DNA!

LOCUS:
D8S1179: 13,13
D21S11: 30, 32.2
TH01: 9, 9.3
D13S317: 12, 13
D19S433: 14, 14
VWA: 14, 16
TPOX: 8,8
D18S51: 18, 19
D5S818: 12, 12
FGA: 22, 24

The fact we know 10 loci is awesome. From what I've been able to tell so far (and this won't be a shock), his profile is the profile of someone who is pretty much as Caucasian as they come. I found a site that listed the frequency of different alleles among Scottish populations and his markers are among those found the most frequently in Scottish populations. That doesn't mean that he is Scottish. Since I was able to find some countries (Portugal for example, where he didn't match as well), but not others, for all I know he could be a better match to Irish, English, German, etc., etc. And even that isn't 100%, because these are frequencies and Caucasian ethnic groups have intermingled for so many years that there is a great deal of variation among people of the same ethnicity. Still, it was interesting because Virginia and its neighbors have a greater share of people with Scottish ancestry than the rest of the country. Many, many Scottish settled in that area of the U.S.

My curiosity is piqued by the fact that at 4 of the 10 loci he has the same number from mother and father. I don't know that that is very common today. I wonder if there is someone we can ask who would know better than I how common that is. I wondered if it might indicate that he is from a very small town (maybe along Appalachia somewhere, or Pennsylvania Dutch country) where there would have been less genetic variance. Just a thought.

Alternatively, I wonder if Oxford Ancestors would be interested in helping us with this....maybe they could check their message boards for us, and see if there is anyone there with similar results who might be interested in speaking with us. If it helped solve the case, that would be a cool bit of publicity for them, no???

Shecky
08-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Wow. I've been away from this forum for awhile and hadn't seen the updated composite. What a difference! Too bad this wasn't the image that was circulating 17 years ago, it does seem much more lifelike and is probably more accurate to how Jason appeared in life.

Side note, I'm a bit perplexed after viewing the list of people who were ruled out as being Jason on Namus. Lots of these men were born in the 1950's and one even in the 1940's. Yet Jason's age is listed as being a maximum of 21 years when he died in 1995. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to think outside the box, just found it a bit surprising that so many were outside the age range by so many years.

Beamie
11-13-2012, 01:40 PM
More pictures released today: http://www.facebook.com/GratefulDoe#!/media/set/?set=a.409863262420633.94619.336946806378946&type=1

DylansMom34
11-15-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm trying to find the "ruled out" list. Is Phillip John Koss on the list?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/koss_phillip.html

ValerieKay
11-15-2012, 09:51 PM
The ruled out list is on the 'case information' section of the Namus page.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6095

I don't see Phillip John Koss on there, and he does seem like a possibility. Good find!

njf520
11-16-2012, 02:22 PM
More pictures released today: http://www.facebook.com/GratefulDoe#!/media/set/?set=a.409863262420633.94619.336946806378946&type=1

does that tattoo look like this:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/6/68/Heartagram.gif

it doesn't look like a regular star. it doesn't look "5-pointed." it looks like it has two parts: a heart and a triangle. am i crazy?

Beamie
11-16-2012, 02:27 PM
No, you're not crazy, I thought about that too. It doesn't have sharp edges all around.

njf520
11-16-2012, 02:31 PM
No, you're not crazy, I thought about that too. It doesn't have sharp edges all around.

it looks like the logo for the band him.

Beamie
11-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't see a heart in the tattoo

njf520
11-16-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't see a heart in the tattoo

in this photo the heart is upside down. not saying it IS a heart, just looks like it could be.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=409863289087297&set=pb.336946806378946.-2207520000.1353096930&type=3&theater

kkirk
11-18-2012, 03:27 PM
well curiosity got the best of me once someone noticed and then I also seen the triangle in the heart, I googled the question of the meaning of this and this is one of the explanations I found:

A religious symbol
The symbol is called "The Golden Heart", which is also the name of the religious school operated by a Dutch couple, Nenno de Zoete & Maud Viveen.
there is an explanation of the symbol at the group's home page; the pieces of the symbol represent various aspects of God and Man, and oneness with the rest of creation.The religion appears to be highly syncretic, combining aspects of Christianity with some Buddhist-style meditational schools. ALSO:
The Heartagram was originally created as a logo by the self described "Love Metal" band HIM. It combines a heart with a pentagram, and according to band members, represents the juxtaposition of love and hate/anger, or life and death. The symbol is sported as a tattoo by many HIM fans, including professional skater and "Jackass" stuntman Bam Margera.

Note: A similar-looking symbol, with heart and triangle interlaced, is sometimes worn as a decorative embellishment of the Star of David.
not sure if this is very helpful, because it could mean so much.....
if you google: the meaning of a tattoo that is a heart with a triangle in it, you will see almost an identical tattoo that he has....

Jerri Blank
11-19-2012, 10:59 AM
those new pics are great. interesting that his shoes look so worn. i spent the better part of my last few slow work days reading jason's threads and it seems like folks though his shoes were newer. these definitely look old... and black, not blue

njf520
11-19-2012, 11:28 AM
well curiosity got the best of me once someone noticed and then I also seen the triangle in the heart, I googled the question of the meaning of this and this is one of the explanations I found:

----snip---

i also looked into the HIM connection, thinking jason doe might be from finland. but, HIM was a very small band when the accident happened. he would've had to have been a VERY early fan. in fact, the logo would have been first created the year jason died.

njf520
11-19-2012, 11:29 AM
those new pics are great. interesting that his shoes look so worn. i spent the better part of my last few slow work days reading jason's threads and it seems like folks though his shoes were newer. these definitely look old... and black, not blue

i know reports were that the shoes were new and in the photos they look warn. i wonder if they *were* new but were burned badly?

kkirk
11-19-2012, 03:12 PM
I was wondering about this school: The symbol is called "The Golden Heart", which is also the name of the religious school operated by a Dutch couple, Nenno de Zoete & Maud Viveen. I googled Zoete and Maud and they were some kind of spiritualists that ran this school??? just an idea....if he was maybe a member?....I guess I am just randomly thinking out of the box....

Jerri Blank
11-26-2012, 03:35 PM
i tried to look this school up and didnt have much luck. i can't click on too many things at work, just in case... does this seem like something jason could realistically have been in?

i saw a suggestion at one point that maybe no one was looking for him because he was amish/ pennsylvania dutch, and was on his pilgrimage and his family assumed he abandoned their ways. would that tie with this school at all?

Jerri Blank
11-26-2012, 03:36 PM
i know reports were that the shoes were new and in the photos they look warn. i wonder if they *were* new but were burned badly?

thats a good question. i never got the impression that the car burned when it crashed, but it would make sense given the crash. has anyone seen any info about that?

believe09
11-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Wasnt he ejected? They look like they have some road rash on them and some blood. :(

The tattoo is home made I think-Someone has to remember making it on him.

Arrrgh-how can we be missing the target audience here? The way that note is signed is so distinctive-some young woman is going to recognize themselves or someone else in it.

njf520
11-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Wasnt he ejected? They look like they have some road rash on them and some blood. :(

The tattoo is home made I think-Someone has to remember making it on him.

Arrrgh-how can we be missing the target audience here? The way that note is signed is so distinctive-some young woman is going to recognize themselves or someone else in it.

well, i'm interested to know if the rumor that the family did call LE is true or not. also, i think the note reads:

Caroline T
and
Caroline D (not Caroline O)

but that is discussed in the topic on the note.

believe09
11-26-2012, 05:21 PM
If there are two girls who ditched him and made up names, then they are a dead end for sure. It would be nice to know if the note is irrelevant I guess.

What did the Grateful Dead TSHIRTS run for price? Does anyone have one like his? He spent 65.00 face value on tickets, and possibly more if they were scalped which seems likely.

Anyone know what a scalp price was running for those dates? I mean, this could be a young man with a chunk of cash, right?

believe09
11-26-2012, 05:41 PM
I have had remarkable success using City-Data.com when it comes to cases like this.

I started a thread here (http://www.city-data.com/forum/washington-dc/1740546-grateful-dead-concerts-rfk-stadium-6-a.html#post27098504), so dont freak out if you see it.

Jerri Blank
11-27-2012, 10:30 AM
What did the Grateful Dead TSHIRTS run for price? Does anyone have one like his? He spent 65.00 face value on tickets, and possibly more if they were scalped which seems likely.

Anyone know what a scalp price was running for those dates? I mean, this could be a young man with a chunk of cash, right?

i am inclined to believe he did not pay for the tickets at all, but rather was given a "miracle" for at least 1 of the tickets. from what i know of the dead culture, even when people scalped tickets it was highly looked down on to jack up the prices, so i would guess if he did pay, it wasnt higher than face value.

from the pics i have seen of the shirt, i can't tell if its an official tour shirt or just a parking lot knock off. i know that i have gotten parking lot knock off shirts at other bands' shows for free if we were hanging out in the parking lot long enough after the show and it was the last date the band was in the city. if not free, i know i've never paid more than $10 for one.

believe09
11-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks Jerri!

DylansMom34
11-28-2012, 08:29 AM
I received a response back from the ME about Phillip John Koss.... not a match.

believe09
11-28-2012, 08:35 AM
On my City Data thread, a poster indicates that he/she bartered for the tickets with hemp necklaces.

zapped
05-31-2013, 12:47 AM

Not sure if this is worth following up on but I used to work with a girl with a least name of Seay that was pronounced "C". I know that students frequently volunteer their time to put together yearbooks and could see one making this mistake pretty easily.

zapped
05-31-2013, 01:15 AM
does that tattoo look like this:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/6/68/Heartagram.gif

it doesn't look like a regular star. it doesn't look "5-pointed." it looks like it has two parts: a heart and a triangle. am i crazy?

Not at all. That symbol is referred to as a heart a gram. Do a Google search for more images. Its associated with a Finnish "love metal" band named H.I.M

Im going to check and see if they were playing any dates in the U.S around the time of the accident.I just messaged the band on facebook and asked if they opened or played any dates here during that time.Hopefully we'll here something back soon

believe09
05-31-2013, 07:11 AM
Welcome to WS, zapped!!! I am looking forward to hearing what they have to say. :)

airplanelamp
08-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Has this guy ever been submitted?

I don't see him on the rule out list. The timeline would work. Wrong side of the country.....but the newest reconstruction does resemble one of his pics.

http://www.411gina.org/stevenmichaelclark.htm

Beamie
08-10-2013, 04:55 PM
He went missing in July 95, Doe died in June 95

Jerri Blank
08-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Has this guy ever been submitted?

I don't see him on the rule out list. The timeline would work. Wrong side of the country.....but the newest reconstruction does resemble one of his pics.

http://www.411gina.org/stevenmichaelclark.htm

as pointed out the timeline is off but i see a resemblance too.... i don't think it's him, but thanks for sharing. thats a MP site I didn't know about!