PDA

View Full Version : Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Kimster
05-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Thank you for joining Websleuths! :welcome3:

Please remember the following when discussing the Allison Baden-Clay case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Our rules can be reviewed here: The Rules (PLEASE make sure you know the rules!)

Currently, we are considering Allison's husband to be a suspected person of interest in this case. There is a possible second party involved per MSM and it is okay to discuss that aspect, but please refrain from accusing anyone of murder at this juncture. Speculating is one thing, accusing is another.

Thread 1

Thread 2 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170913&page=46)
Thread 3 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171159&page=18)
Thread 4

Thread 5

REMEMBER: No cutting and pasting of comments from other social or media websites. You may paraphrase and provide a link.

The only social media sites allowed are those belonging to the victim, Gerard Baden-Clay and any named (by law enforcement) POI or Suspect, or site created and devoted to the murder of Allison.

Media/Timeline Reference Thread: CLICK HERE

Kimster
05-10-2012, 02:06 PM
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/05/10/1226352/413984-allison-baden-clay.jpg
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/05/10/1226352/413984-allison-baden-clay.jpg

New article about Allison. :rose:

I love this article and hope you all do, too!
(Thank you, tarabull!)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/allison-baden-clay-described-as-a-quiet-caring-talented-high-achiever-as-her-family-and-friends-prepare-for-her-funeral-on-friday/story-e6freoof-1226352423398

Curiousasacat
05-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Just 1 more coffee and I have got to get off of here.
As I said could be nothing and not sure if this is how I do it.

Here is the link(hopefully) of the vehicle and trailer at 323am.

http://imgur.com/W7dFd

Kimster
05-10-2012, 02:19 PM
The forum is going to be shut down for 45 minutes or more! We anticipate this will happen either tonight or tomorrow night - USA time. This is a routine maintenance in order to keep Websleuths running more smoothly.

Don't :panic: when it happens!

:kimsterwink:

Curiousasacat
05-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Oh my!!!!!!
Are they on to us???
The camera was momentarily shut down at 423am
The white car on the left has now gone???

CIB
05-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Well that was a let down! The thing Spencer Howson was hinting at on Twitter last night was just the police at the roundabout. Just listened to his broadcast. And here I was hoping for an arrest or two!

First post - been reading since the beginning though - hi everyone! :)

Kimster
05-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Well that was a let down! The thing Spencer Howson was hinting at on Twitter last night was just the police at the roundabout. Just listened to his broadcast. And here I was hoping for an arrest or two!

First post - been reading since the beginning though - hi everyone! :)

Hello CIB and :welcome: !!!

What are you doing up so early?

spratsmum
05-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Oh no!! Woke up about three times during the night, hoping it was 5.06am Spencer Howson - not happy!!!! Lol

Kimster
05-10-2012, 04:10 PM
"It's the sadness of a sudden death - we really can't understand why anyone would want to take the life of such a wonderful woman.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-11/mourners-prepare-for-baden-clay-funeral/4004682

CIB
05-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Hello CIB and :welcome: !!!

What are you doing up so early?

Thanks Kimster :)
Can't sleep lately! This forum doesn't help though! :D

minni
05-10-2012, 04:19 PM
well it looks like Ive missed something overnight....must go back about 10 - 15 pages!

Champagne4lulu
05-10-2012, 04:24 PM
I can't help but think the stopping cars on the roundabout thing last night was a bit of a desperate attempt at gathering evidence? My gut tells me they don't have enough to make an arrest and that makes me sick. Please someone tell me I'm wrong?

spratsmum
05-10-2012, 04:31 PM
I can't help but think the stopping cars on the roundabout thing last night was a bit of a desperate attempt at gathering evidence? My gut tells me they don't have enough to make an arrest and that makes me sick. Please someone tell me I'm wrong?

I fear you are right Champagne4lulu, just thinking obviously whatever happened at the roundabout is vital, obviously the people the police want to speak to haven't come forward. Also it must be something that can't be proven by CCTV footage. Is it an argument? This is becoming so frustrating.

Champagne4lulu
05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Whatever it is they are looking for, I really hope they got it last night. We all want an arrest but most importantly we need it to be a really strong case. Would hate for whomever it is to get off on a technicality.

barrosa
05-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I fear you are right Champagne4lulu, just thinking obviously whatever happened at the roundabout is vital, obviously the people the police want to speak to haven't come forward. Also it must be something that can't be proven by CCTV footage. Is it an argument? This is becoming so frustrating.

Oh dear.... Think u may right! Today of all days thought we would get a result :(

Kimster
05-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Looks like many of you are waking up! :skip:

Here's a little something to get you guys going!

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/s/satnl/phototour/satnl_phototour33.jpg?Log=1
http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/s/satnl/phototour/satnl_phototour33.jpg?Log=1

kiwi50
05-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Time is ticking by. If the police have enough evidence to arrest GBC I have no doubt they would do so before the funeral. Having him at the funeral will be a complete farce.
Imagine the mourners feeling obliged to express sympathy to him, or even worse listen to him eulogise Alison.
I wonder if he will actually come even if he is not arrested, what excuse could he use. I'm sure he realises today is actually going to be the worst day of his pathetic life.

The children don't need him for support, I'm sure they have been prepared for what is likely to happen to their father.

Curiousasacat
05-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Latest news link-
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-11/mourners-prepare-for-baden-clay-funeral/4004682

Meanwhile last night, police officers spent a couple of hours stopping cars on a road not far from the family's Brookfield home, around the time Ms Baden-Clay went missing two weeks ago.
Detectives want to hear from anyone who drove along Brookfield Road at Kenmore on the night she was reported missing.
Police set up a road block from 11:00pm (AEST) and spoke to drivers, hoping to glean information that may help with the murder investigation.

Detectives have not released Ms Baden-Clay's cause of death.

So is that implying they have narrowed down the search?

Southern Rain
05-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know if there was a trailer at the property where Allison lived?

Could it be that the police have actual CCTV footage from the intersection camera at the time of her disappearance with a white vehicle and a trailer? wow, hints of the society murders in melbourne.

I saw how a documentary how they were able to solve that Noosa cold case years back on pollen from surrounding vegetation. The police are very good.

Paradox11
05-10-2012, 05:30 PM

I hate to be pessimistic, but this is my fear too. We might not actually see an arrest any time soon.

Here's hoping the police find whatever they need to crack the case.

kiwijayne
05-10-2012, 06:25 PM

Could it be that the police have actual CCTV footage from the intersection camera at the time of her disappearance with a white vehicle and a trailer? wow, hints of the society murders in melbourne.

I saw how a documentary how they were able to solve that Noosa cold case years back on pollen from surrounding vegetation. The police are very good.

Not that I'm aware re the trailer as I walk past the house to go to the shop.

I'm not sure if I should call the police about a strange encounter I had last week on Brookfield Road. I wait there for a ride everyday and this strange man walking his dog stood across the road watching me(I could see him over my cellphone I was standing there playing a game on it). He then came over and asked me if there was a shop nearby and I pointed in it's direction. It did freak me out a bit as why would he be walking his dog in this area if he didn't live here. It was like he was trying to strike a conversation up with me.

TrueSlueth
05-10-2012, 06:34 PM

I'm not sure if I should call the police about a strange encounter I had last week on Brookfield Road. I wait there for a ride everyday and this strange man walking his dog stood across the road watching me(I could see him over my cellphone I was standing there playing a game on it). He then came over and asked me if there was a shop nearby and I pointed in it's direction. It did freak me out a bit as why would he be walking his dog in this area if he didn't live here. It was like he was trying to strike a conversation up with me.

Kiwijayne, many of us walk our dogs around that area and yes that is strange that a "local" would ask about a shop. May have been an undercover cop?

Anyway, what type of dog was it, I pretty much know everyone that walks a dog around the area. I will tell you if they are local and if I know them etc.

MTBiker
05-10-2012, 06:37 PM
http://www.qld.crimestoppers.com.au/cs/crime_information/unsolved_crimes/murder_investigation_allison_badenclay.jsp

Got to be worth a call to crimestoppers.

Keentoknow
05-10-2012, 06:46 PM

The book on The Society Murders written by Hillary Bonney is one of the best books to read on police investigations.

coolcat
05-10-2012, 07:07 PM

Maybe it isn't vision they are looking for on CCTV.....Maybe they are requesting that people come forward due to someone seeing an argument at CCTV Camera's......CCTV doesn't record sound?

Just Maybe and it is only a maybe IMO there was some sort of altercation that took place.....And Maybe someone could of overheard what was happening?

CaseClosed
05-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Good Bye Lovely Allison.

Rest in Peace ... and rest assured that people will not forget you!

Your coward killer may have silenced you, but he has not silenced the community, who will today honour and pay their respect to you.

You accomplished and achieved so much, which will never be emulated by the coward who did this to you.

You are now a free spirit, he will not be!

Champagne4lulu
05-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Maybe it isn't vision they are looking for on CCTV.....Maybe they are requesting that people come forward due to someone seeing an argument at CCTV Camera's......CCTV doesn't record sound?

Just Maybe and it is only a maybe IMO there was some sort of altercation that took place.....And Maybe someone could of overheard what was happening?

Could be, although if they were searching for a car, how much could they hear passing by? Maybe they need a witness account or further detail on what they've picked up on CCTV? Maybe they've seen the car/s but not who is driving? Maybe evidence has been dropped or thrown out the window but they don't know who threw it?

So many unanswered question! I just hope they have the answers...soon - if not already.

pugsandfrogs
05-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Good Bye Lovely Allison.

Rest in Peace ... and rest assured that people will not forget you!

Your coward killer may have silenced you, but he has not silenced the community, who will today honour and pay their respect to you.

You accomplished and achieved so much, which will never be emulated by the coward who did this to you.

You are now a free spirit, he will not be!

Out of respect for Allison and her family I think todays' posts should be limited to actual confirmation of an arrest only. No supposition on such a sad day.
RIP Allison:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Paradox11
05-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Out of respect for Allison and her family I think todays' posts should be limited to actual confirmation of an arrest only. No supposition on such a sad day.
RIP Allison:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I agree. I'm not going to post anymore today, just as a personal gesture of respect to Allison and her family.

Zorro
05-10-2012, 07:29 PM

I wonder if perhaps they are trying to prove that something didn't happen at the roundabout. Imagine they have some conflicting alibi's that involve the roundabout. [eg: "I jumped out of the car on the roundabout when I heard what happened and ran home, wanting no part of it."]. Without any proof or witnesses a jury can discount that as an alibi. The police show they tried everything to verify the alibi including repeated calls for public assistance, stopping traffic etc.

angel1
05-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Would anyone happen to know what happened about the case at 5am? I slept in and wanted to listen to it. Also has anyone seen a news report stating Allison could have been murdered away from home?? I was just talking to a retired detective i know and he said he was sure he seen that in one of the reports it said the murder happened away from the home. He also said there is a possibility that the detectives haven't got enough evidence to go ahead and charge anyone at this stage. That's why they are still trying to get witnesses from the roundabout. And i agree pugsandfrogs today out of respect we shouldn't be trying to work out what what happened and who did it we should just be thinking of Allison and the families. About the guy i mentioned that was talking to me about a white van near the roundabout i have contacted crimestoppers about it :)

coolcat
05-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Would anyone happen to know what happened about the case at 5am? I slept in and wanted to listen to it. Also has anyone seen a news report stating Allison could have been murdered away from home?? I was just talking to a retired detective i know and he said he was sure he seen that in one of the reports it said the murder happened away from the home. He also said there is a possibility that the detectives haven't got enough evidence to go ahead and charge anyone at this stage. That's why they are still trying to get witnesses from the roundabout. And i agree pugsandfrogs today out of respect we shouldn't be trying to work out what what happened and who did it we should just be thinking of Allison and the families. About the guy i mentioned that was talking to me about a white van near the roundabout i have contacted crimestoppers about it :)

it was just the Police pulling over traffic for witness' at Roundabout?? I hope they found someone....This roundabout thing seems to be the make or break of it all??? OH BOY!!

AllyG
05-10-2012, 07:43 PM
I have had this horrible thought that someone may keep the girls away from the funeral today. Surely nobody would be that cruel.

CJ60
05-10-2012, 07:50 PM
The sun is shining for Allison - such a beautiful day to say farewell.

May you rest in peace, and watch over your beautiful girls from heaven.

angel1
05-10-2012, 07:58 PM
it was just the Police pulling over traffic for witness' at Roundabout?? I hope they found someone....This roundabout thing seems to be the make or break of it all??? OH BOY!!

Thankyou :) i was so tired last night i thought i would sleep in (even though i didn't want to) lol

BrizzychickinUSA
05-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Just 1 more coffee and I have got to get off of here.
As I said could be nothing and not sure if this is how I do it.

Here is the link(hopefully) of the vehicle and trailer at 323am.

what trailer...I been out and busy....wots going on...?

coolcat
05-10-2012, 08:07 PM
I have had this horrible thought that someone may keep the girls away from the funeral today. Surely nobody would be that cruel.

I don't think they will...Although when it comes to funerals everyone has an opinion on whether children should attend or not...I believe they should be there but understand why people decide differently...?? I don't think there is a moral rule on this one....Who knows how attendees are going to react to GBC and family....Do the girls need to see that, if it were to happen...Some people don't think before they speak in the presence of children unfortunaltley??

Time will tell!

It is such a sad sad day that No child should have to experience....Most children go to funerals with answers as to why a parent died...Illness, Accident etc...Not many go knowing someone has killed there parent and without knowing who has done this.....Those poor little Girls...I would hate for my children to have this burden all of their lives... If their Daddy did this, Is it a bigger crime to have left them with such a huge burden to bare, with no Mummy or Daddy and a lack of trust in the people who are suppose to protect you?...................IMO!

coolcat
05-10-2012, 08:08 PM

Why are we looking at this...I think I may have missed something as well?:waitasec:

angel1
05-10-2012, 08:11 PM
hmmm interesting i was just going through news reports on ninemsn. There was one put up at 9:22 today. In this one it says

Mr Baden-Clay has hired a lawyer to advise him on his dealings with police and the media but police have not said he is a suspect, nor have they revealed how Mrs Baden-Clay died. This will be my last post about the case today because i want a day to think of just Allison considering the funeral is on :(

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8465764

coolcat
05-10-2012, 08:14 PM
hmmm interesting i was just going through news reports on ninemsn. There was one put up at 9:22 today. In this one it says

Mr Baden-Clay has hired a lawyer to advise him on his dealings with police and the media but police have not said he is a suspect, nor have they revealed how Mrs Baden-Clay died. This will be my last post about the case today because i want a day to think of just Allison considering the funeral is on :(

I have a feeling that they are tying to prove that this was murder and not suicide.....Maybe GBC is emphatically suggesting this??

AllyG
05-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I think I'm personalising today a bit too much, remembering taking my son to his fathers funeral. Sorry about that.

*hugs*

Humdinger
05-10-2012, 08:26 PM
May the family have the strength they need today to farewell an amazing woman taken too soon. RIP Allison, you will never be forgotten.

MTBiker
05-10-2012, 08:28 PM

Good on ya angel1. Lets celebrate her life today, get out of the house and do something nice for yourself :)

angel1
05-10-2012, 08:32 PM
To Allisons family and friends hold tight to memories for comfort, lean on your friends for strength. May you take comfort in knowing an angel is watching over you. Allison fly high and fly free precious angel you are safe where you are now. To your beautiful children mummy will watch over the three of you and will remain in your hearts forever <3 :(

kiwijayne
05-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Kiwijayne, many of us walk our dogs around that area and yes that is strange that a "local" would ask about a shop. May have been an undercover cop?

Anyway, what type of dog was it, I pretty much know everyone that walks a dog around the area. I will tell you if they are local and if I know them etc.

It was a man in say his late 40's with dark hair and he was walking a King Charles Spaniel(I'm sure that was the breed). The dog looked less than co-operative in going for a walk and he was dragging it along somewhat. I tend to notice people with small dogs as I love small dogs.

STELLA85
05-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Why are we looking at this...I think I may have missed something as well?:waitasec:

I don't get it either and its gone through the roundabout? headed toward Indooroopilly and not Mt Crosby

jendo
05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
RIP Allison.
Let's hope that your funeral is peaceful and a beautiful celebration of your life.
I hope all who attend respect Allison's family and their chance to say goodbye to their daughter.

kailee
05-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Live streaming of Allison Baden-Clay's funeral : http://www.couriermail.com.au/newsqldlive

Champagne4lulu
05-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Will theY be broadcasting the funeral on free-to-air tv or just online?

CJ60
05-10-2012, 08:42 PM
I think I'm personalising today a bit too much, remembering taking my son to his fathers funeral. Sorry about that.

*hugs*

I wish I were there to hug you, AllyG

I am sitting here alone, tears rolling down my face; but knowing you guys are out there, probably feeling many of the things I am feeling now - I don't feel alone... I am comforted by the fact we all care... you are all around me on this sad day.:grouphug:

angel1
05-10-2012, 08:47 PM
This is sad already :( i don't know if i will be able to watch the whole thing :( Also is the video just repeating the same thing for anyone else??

Humdinger
05-10-2012, 08:49 PM
This is sad already :( i don't know if i will be able to watch the whole thing :( Also is the video just repeating the same thing for anyone else??

Yes, I assumed that this would just be until the actual funeral commences? Not sure though...

angel1
05-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Yes, I assumed that this would just be until the actual funeral commences? Not sure though...

Thankyou :) i thought it was just mine.

AllyG
05-10-2012, 08:51 PM
I wish I were there to hug you, AllyG

I am sitting here alone, tears rolling down my face; but knowing you guys are out there, probably feeling many of the things I am feeling now - I don't feel alone... I am comforted by the fact we all care... you are all around me on this sad day.:grouphug:
Back at you sweetheart. It's just so tragically sad. Her story should have gone on for so much longer.

I'm really glad I have you guys to share this with too. It's nice to not have to feel this way on my own.

BrizzychickinUSA
05-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Time is ticking by. If the police have enough evidence to arrest GBC I have no doubt they would do so before the funeral. Having him at the funeral will be a complete farce.
Imagine the mourners feeling obliged to express sympathy to him, or even worse listen to him eulogise Alison.
I wonder if he will actually come even if he is not arrested, what excuse could he use. I'm sure he realises today is actually going to be the worst day of his pathetic life.

The children don't need him for support, I'm sure they have been prepared for what is likely to happen to their father.

I have been thinking about this...and imagine if you were him..GBC..imagine if you did do it....now imagine having to go to the funeral and go thru all that, hiding in the church with all the family trying to be the way everyone expects you to be when your insides are dying from the burning secret that exists within....

I DONT THINK MANY PUNISHMENTS COULD BE SO AGONISING....

(I would expect there will be many police there just watching his every move)

This is his test....this will be worse than the upcoming trial itself.

I think if he has murdered his wife...I somehow expect today he will be pushed into wanting to give himself up....

:please:

BrizzychickinUSA
05-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Back at you sweetheart. It's just so tragically sad. Her story should have gone on for so much longer.

I'm really glad I have you guys to share this with too. It's nice to not have to feel this way on my own.

STUCK IN USA....CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A LINK SO I CAN WATCH TOO PLS?:please:

possumheart
05-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Streaming with sound now <3

Karo
05-10-2012, 08:58 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/newsqldlive

oreily85
05-10-2012, 08:59 PM
I think if he has murdered his wife...I somehow expect today he will be pushed into wanting to give himself up....

:please:

Somehow I doubt that. He strikes me as the type to have a Bart Simpson philosophy: "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything"

BrizzychickinUSA
05-10-2012, 09:00 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/newsqldlive

THANKS SO MUCH...

I wish I didnt but I have to step out and pick up some applebees.....ordered it earlier....

jendo
05-10-2012, 09:05 PM
What's up with the live streaming on the courier mail website? Seems to not be 'live'?

ozazure
05-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the live link

ollijack
05-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Same here....maybe they are not allowed to do it anymore

possumheart
05-10-2012, 09:11 PM
What's up with the live streaming on the courier mail website? Seems to not be 'live'?
I give up, my streaming is stuffed

angel1
05-10-2012, 09:12 PM
mine just goes over the same thing

itsthevibe
05-10-2012, 09:12 PM
I've just finished catching up and about to go over to the church nearby my work to light a candle for Allison. I can't stream anything from my work computer so guess I'll have to catch the service at home from somewhere online, plus news.

My heart and thoughts are now with the spirit of Allison, but also with her parents and those beautiful little girls who will be having one of the most grief-stricken days of their lives. I just hope they can all feel the incredible love around them and that lifts them up above all else, and gives them comfort and strength in the days ahead. xxx

Doidy
05-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Me too! Live stream isn't working, what a shame. RIP Allison and may your children and parents and siblings and friends feel your loving presence and comfort

angel1
05-10-2012, 09:20 PM
i'm wondering if the courier mail know there is something wrong with the live video??

marlywings
05-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Allison Baden-Clay's funeral at St Pauls Anglican Church in Ipswich

May 11, 2012 11:09AM

THE funeral of murdered Brookfield mother-of-three is under way at St Paul's Anglican
Church in Ipswich.
According to the funeral service notes, Allison's three daughters will lay posies accompanied to Away in Manger, the same song their mother would sing for them.

Vanessa Fowler and Ashley Dickie, Allison's brother and sister, will say the eulogy of her eventful life.

Kerry Anne Walker, her best friend, will also speak in a reflection.

After the service two guards of honor will surround the coffin before it leaves for burial.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/allison-baden-clays-funeral-at-st-pauls-anglican-church-in-ipswich/story-e6freon6-1226352858918

coolcat
05-10-2012, 09:24 PM
REST IN BLISSFUL PEACE ALLISON....Look over your children from above and help guide them through their lives without you. I am sure your presence will be forever felt by them as children never forget the warmth of a Mother's love.

Such a sad day.....Many lives have been touched even by the one's who never knew you.

You must have been an incredible woman.

marlywings
05-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Guard of honour for slain Brisbane mum Allison Baden-Clay From:

May 11, 2012 11:13AM

UP to 500 people are attending the funeral of murdered mother-of-three Allison Baden-Clay at a church west of Brisbane.
The service is taking place at St Paul's Anglican Church at Ipswich, where Mrs Baden-Clay grew up.

Students from her former school, Ipswich Girls' Grammar, are among those gathered on the lawn outside the church.

The students and members of the Queensland Fire and Rescue Service are expected to form a guard of honour as the coffin leaves the church after the service, which began at 11am (AEST).

It's understood Mrs Baden-Clay's three children have arrived and have been ushered inside the church to say a last goodbye to their mother.

It's not clear if her husband Gerard Baden-Clay has arrived

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/guard-of-honour-for-slain-brisbane-mum-allison-baden-clay/story-e6freonf-1226352862953

Solaris
05-10-2012, 09:28 PM
I agree that the overnight attempt by the police to gather further information at the roundabout would suggest that they need more evidence prior to making an arrest(s).

I know that everyone would like to see this one wrapped up quickly, but sometimes these things take time. Even the analysis of evidence that they have already collected, and might be able to use to build into a stronger case, is likely to take some time.

There is an ongoing case in WA (Corryn Rayney) that will come to trial in July where the husband was named early on by the police as the "prime and only suspect". It took nearly 2.5 years for the police to collate enough evidence to charge the husband.

Furthermore, the husband (who is a lawyer) sued the police for defamation for naming him as the "prime and only suspect". I would expect that all law enforcement officials (especially in Australia) have been a bit more cautious about naming persons of interest and suspects in murder cases as a result of what happened with this case.

AllyG
05-10-2012, 09:28 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/guard-of-honour-for-slain-brisbane-mum-allison-baden-clay/story-e6freonf-1226352862953

Her children are there but it is not known if Gerard Baden-Clay has arrived.

angel1
05-10-2012, 09:34 PM

Her children are there but it is not known if Gerard Baden-Clay has arrived.

He has now arrived he just walked in (on the newsbreak on channel 7)

Barram5
05-10-2012, 09:34 PM

I started thinking we may not see it ...thought about going up but will watch and see more here i hope

Bayside
05-10-2012, 09:38 PM
I see he grew a full beard to help hide his expressions on his face.

Hawkins
05-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Often when police are talking to drivers at a roadblock or filter such as that roundabout there will be two officers around the car. One talking to the driver and another checking tyre patterns against an enhnaced photo from the ground of a crime scene. The second fellow could also look for scratches or dents in particular places. He may also have an incomplete number plate ID from somewhere and be checking for possible matches. It's unlikely to be just asking drivers if they were at the same place at a certain time.

DunnoZo
05-10-2012, 09:41 PM
where r u seeing this?

angel1
05-10-2012, 09:42 PM
I agree that the overnight attempt by the police to gather further information at the roundabout would suggest that they need more evidence prior to making an arrest(s).

I know that everyone would like to see this one wrapped up quickly, but sometimes these things take time. Even the analysis of evidence that they have already collected, and might be able to use to build into a stronger case, is likely to take some time.

There is an ongoing case in WA (Corryn Rayney) that will come to trial in July where the husband was named early on by the police as the "prime and only suspect". It took nearly 2.5 years for the police to collate enough evidence to charge the husband.

Furthermore, the husband (who is a lawyer) sued the police for defamation for naming him as the "prime and only suspect". I would expect that all law enforcement officials (especially in Australia) have been a bit more cautious about naming persons of interest and suspects in murder cases as a result of what happened with this case.

I totally agree with you these things can happen. My friend was murdered in front of her 5 year old daughter :( The police suspected that her boyfriend did it and in the end it turned out that it was a person unknown to the family. Sarah's father went through hell and like Gerard was judged by the police/public. In the end they had enough proof that it wasn't him that did it.

jendo
05-10-2012, 09:43 PM

Do you have a link to this?

marlywings
05-10-2012, 09:44 PM
May 11, 2012 11:38AM

Around 500 people attended the funeral, with some having to congregate in the door and on the driveway where the ceremony was screened to the crowd.

Mrs Baden-Clay's sister Vanessa Fowler and brother Ashley Dickie gave the eulogy, speaking of her love of dance and seeing her "bright smile and tapping feet that lit up the stage".

"Our Allison has left this earth under such horrific circumstances at such a young age," her sister said.

"Allison's life was full of music, dance, love and laughter.

"A life so full of adventures and rich experiences yet cut so short. She was always one to inspire you to greater things.

"(She was) a high achiever, a model mum and unselfish soul."

Mrs Fowler also spoke of Mrs Baden-Clay's love of her three daughters and pledged to find the answers to what happened to her sister.

"It was her wish to make their world a better place," she said.

"Allison, there are many questions unanswered, many pieces of the puzzle unsolved," Mrs Fowler said.

"We your family pledge to you we will have them answered."

Mrs Baden-Clay's three daughters followed the eulogy by placing posies on her coffin with the help of their father Gerard Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/allison-baden-clays-funeral-at-st-pauls-anglican-church-in-ipswich/story-e6freon6-1226352858918

AllyG
05-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Is it live on 7?

angel1
05-10-2012, 09:46 PM

I didn't notice he had a full beard. It was Gerard carrying the flowers in and i didn't notice in the pic on tv

BrizzychickinUSA
05-10-2012, 09:47 PM
So would love to see that....

Are channel 7 just zooming the camera in on his face?....

Ring em up someone ... Pls....and ask if Thay can

angel1
05-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Is it live on 7?

No it's not live on there. You know how in the ads they have a news update? It was in the news update showing where they walked into the church.

angel1
05-10-2012, 09:49 PM
So would love to see that....

Are channel 7 just zooming the camera in on his face?....

Ring em up someone ... Pls....and ask if Thay can

on tv they showed him walking into the church

coolcat
05-10-2012, 09:53 PM
My skin crawled when I read GBC helped daughters with the laying of posies.....Please Lord...Don't let him have done this....This scene would be criminal if he has.....IMO

Ms Annie
05-10-2012, 09:53 PM

He may have been an undercover detective!

Bayside
05-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Do you have a link to this?

No sorry, I saw it live on the news.

Bayside
05-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I notice the reporters only mention her family and do not mention him at all, there are not dumb.

coolcat
05-10-2012, 09:57 PM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/local/qld/a/-/local/13657806/hundreds-gather-for-baden-clay-funeral/

UnfoldingTruth
05-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Well..not sure what the CourierMail was doing, but I didn't see any live streaming. All I saw was them standing out the front discussing things.

coolcat
05-10-2012, 10:00 PM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/local/qld/

This link shows a very small pic of GBC carrying posies and daughters arm around him.

AllyG
05-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Well..not sure what the CourierMail was doing, but I didn't see any live streaming. All I saw was them standing out the front discussing things.
Over and over and over again

angel1
05-10-2012, 10:05 PM
I think the reporters are disrespectful!!! GBC hasn't even been reported as a suspect, he hasn't been charged and he got mentioned twice. I don't usually like police either but at least when they talk about anything they mention GBC or husband. Apparently from what my friend said he was mentioned during the service but as the video stuffed up i wouldn't have a clue what was said

STELLA85
05-10-2012, 10:07 PM
http://www.qt.com.au/story/2012/05/11/mourners-gather-farewell-allison/

BrizzychickinUSA
05-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Breaking news in New Jersey - I just thought I would add it here....somewhat similiar to Allison, a lovely looking young 47 yo mother who did so much for verterans and hosted a sunday arvo radio show - etc etc etc....gunned to death for no reason....

here is the link....

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/105829/wond-weekend-co-host-found-shot-to-death-at-home

jendo
05-10-2012, 10:12 PM
I wonder if there were tears from GBC at the funeral? There weren't many for the cameras while ABC was missing and I saw only an angry face once she was found.
I also wonder if anyone whispered in his ear "I know you did it"?

possumheart
05-10-2012, 10:14 PM
http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/allison-baden-clay-described-as-a-quiet-caring-talented-high-achiever-as-her-family-and-friends-prepare-for-her-funeral-on-friday/story-e6frfkp9-1226352636093
Has funeral program cover now

AllyG
05-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Breaking news in New Jersey - I just thought I would add it here....somewhat similiar to Allison, a lovely looking young 47 yo mother who did so much for verterans and hosted a sunday arvo radio show - etc etc etc....gunned to death for no reason....

here is the link....

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/105829/wond-weekend-co-host-found-shot-to-death-at-home
Awww man :(

marlywings
05-10-2012, 10:29 PM
May 11, 2012 12:23PM

THE coffin of Allison Baden-Clay has been carried from St Paul's Anglican Church followed by her husband Gerard and other family holding the hands of Allison's three girls, marking the end of her funeral service.
Gerard held the hands of his three daughters as they touched the coffin and said goodbye for the last time.

BrizzychickinUSA
05-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Whilst America had their Marilyn Monroe, and Britain had their Princess Diana...Australia has their Allison....

And I would love to see Elton John play piano while softly singing Candle in the Wind for her today ....

Barram5
05-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Over and over and over again

there was a big screen outside so some one may have video from that ..normaly if something is happening around our area im there , but didnt feel right going to this

CJ60
05-10-2012, 10:43 PM
I notice the reporters only mention her family and do not mention him at all, there are not dumb.

To me, their silence speaks volumes....

barrosa
05-10-2012, 10:44 PM
In reply to post 103 - I know what you mean. :(

marlywings
05-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Allison Baden-Clay, born July 1, 1968 - April, 2012

................Forever in our hearts................

Makara
05-10-2012, 10:55 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/Brytech/Allison2.jpg

CJ60
05-10-2012, 10:56 PM
I think the reporters are disrespectful!!! GBC hasn't even been reported as a suspect, he hasn't been charged and he got mentioned twice. I don't usually like police either but at least when they talk about anything they mention GBC or husband. Apparently from what my friend said he was mentioned during the service but as the video stuffed up i wouldn't have a clue what was said

angel1, you have a kind heart to say this.

Much of what the reporters have said about Allison and her life has come from spending time with her mum, dad and best friend. If G had felt able to talk to them -about her being a loving wife, adoring mum... they may have been able to include him more. They did say he was there for the girls during the service

Makara
05-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Gerard Baden-Clay and his 3 children arrive at Allison's funeral in Ipswich this morning.

https://twitter.com/#!/PeterDoherty7/status/200764120730046465/photo/1

Kimster
05-10-2012, 11:03 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKjQxLf-PnZWZ0Aa93Ouz7XHCBysTtkgQtcEtQDtxJUDRSFHR1qw
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKjQxLf-PnZWZ0Aa93Ouz7XHCBysTtkgQtcEtQDtxJUDRSFHR1qw

CJ60
05-10-2012, 11:07 PM

here is the link....

Thank you for this - we have all been touched by Allison's story; this is a reminder there are many other Allison's out there - parents that have lost daughters, children that have lost mothers, in tragic circumstances. My thoughts go out to them.

Thinking
05-10-2012, 11:08 PM
It breaks my heart to see those little girls. Allison loved them so much, I can't imagine how they must be feeling.

I just heard Alison Sandy (reporter) mention that even the investigators in this case have been so touched by Allison's life and story that they were there at the service too.

Bet that's not the only reason they were at the service.

AllyG
there was a big screen outside so some one may have video from that ..normaly if something is happening around our area im there , but didnt feel right going to this
Yeah same as me. I live in the area where Allison grew up. It would have been a short drive. But it just didn't feel right.

Makara
Justice will be done.

The sister of slain Brisbane mother-of-three Allison Baden-Clay has vowed her killer will be brought to justice.

Vanessa Fowler told mourners today many questions remained unanswered about her sister’s death.

‘‘There are many pieces of a puzzle that need to be put together and we, your family, pledge to you that we will have the questions answered,’’ she said through tears at the funeral service at Ipswich, west of Brisbane.
‘‘We will bring you justice because you deserve nothing less.’’

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/justice-will-be-done-slain-womans-sister-20120511-1ygrm.html#ixzz1uWjA4hje

Humdinger
05-10-2012, 11:09 PM
angel1, you have a kind heart to say this.

Much of what the reporters have said about Allison and her life has come from spending time with her mum, dad and best friend. If G had felt able to talk to them -about her being a loving wife, adoring mum... they may have been able to include him more. They did say he was there for the girls during the service

I'm so glad to read that last line - about him being there for the girls! I don't think it's ever been doubted that he's been a good dad to them. Poor precious darlings :( My heart aches for them...

Kimster
05-10-2012, 11:09 PM
The forum is going to be shut down for 45 minutes or more! We anticipate this will happen either tonight or tomorrow night - USA time. This is a routine maintenance in order to keep Websleuths running more smoothly.

Don't :panic: when it happens!

:kimsterwink:

This will be happening within the next 3 or 4 hours. I plan to use some of the time to reflect on the many victims who deserve justice all over our world and to pray for their mourning family and friends.

:rose:

:candle:

BrizzychickinUSA
05-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Gerard looks a bit pale from the day's ceremony:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/murdered-woman-allison-baden-clays-sister-vows-to-get-justice/story-e6frg6nf-1226352961752

ozazure
05-10-2012, 11:13 PM
I love that you can see the daughter's hair and it has been done beautifully. Someone is looking after her like her mum would xx

Deezee
05-10-2012, 11:19 PM
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/05/11/1226352/968504-gerard-baden-clay-at-funeral.jpg

from http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/allison-baden-clay-described-as-a-quiet-caring-talented-high-achiever-as-her-family-and-friends-prepare-for-her-funeral-on-friday/story-e6frfkp9-1226352636093

R.I.P Allison - I hope the queensland police can hold someone responsible for this asap. It would be horrible to have this dragged on or go unsolved- for the sake of Allisons family and friends.

Bayside
05-10-2012, 11:23 PM

That pic wouldnt be the Bayden Clay prado as I have the same car and the one in the cctv pic has a white spare wheel cover, his one does not.

BrizzychickinUSA
05-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Thank you for this - we have all been touched by Allison's story; this is a reminder there are many other Allison's out there - parents that have lost daughters, children that have lost mothers, in tragic circumstances. My thoughts go out to them.

no worries...I just thought it was too similiar sort of weird its happened today

I was watching Allisons funeral...streaming live....then breaking news came on my TV here in Philly, they were reporting about this 47 YO women....again...an absolute talented mother and shot several times in her bedroom??? One Daughter, a prominent Dr Husband, she had a salon, hosted radio, beautiful area and house...

Here is a much nicer picture of her....Her name was April. (another A name)

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/NJ-Woman-Found-Murdered-In-Her-Home-151010315.html

CJ60
05-10-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm so glad to read that last line - about him being there for the girls! I don't think it's ever been doubted that he's been a good dad to them. Poor precious darlings :( My heart aches for them...

You are so right, Shelbinator; and this is what makes it even more heartbreaking - if what everyone fears is true, how tragic for these darling little girls. We are given the privilege of having children to nurture and protect them, to watch them grow and blossom. Allison has had this taken away from her, the girls have lost their devoted mum because of someone very evil - it would be devastating for them if it is someone close to them

crissyz
05-10-2012, 11:30 PM
I was watching Allisons funeral...streaming live
[/url]

My live streaming didn't work :(

BrizzychickinUSA
05-10-2012, 11:37 PM
My live streaming didn't work :(
Well my did then it stopped then I shut it down...then it started again....

then once it was all over ; it came back on
:banghead:

UnfoldingTruth
05-10-2012, 11:40 PM

I did not see the stream either..just the reporters out the front over and over, which I tuned out to and so could not say really what they said or did not say about GBC.. But I understand where you are coming from. Imaging if he is not as guilty as all suspect. What if he actually had nothing to do with it but maybe is aware who did, maybe there is more to the story than we know- maybe the 'close friend' did and maybe she had help from someone- maybe her and GBC were not together, maybe, maybe... The point is All roads appear to us to point one way, but I feel very deeply for him and the rest of the family if he is indeed not guilty. He will also be going though hell. But many(not just here) are making so many judgements on him and what he should or shouldn't be doing or that he should not be allowed to grieve with the family etc. But what if he is innocent? He should be allowed to grieve and act however he needs, if he had no part in this crime.

Confuddled
05-11-2012, 12:20 AM
I have been digging again and came across this online -

http://members.optusnet.com.au/peaktrain/results.html

It appears GBC and Mumma Bear were the walkers in the family!

CJ60
05-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Kimster's shutting the forum down for 45 minutes!!!!
We will all end up with withdrawal symptoms - better go and have a drink!

coolcat
05-11-2012, 12:24 AM
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/justice-for-allison-her-familys-vow-20120511-1ygrm.html

coolcat
05-11-2012, 12:25 AM
look where this came from???

I hadn't seen this before and some of the details are very different

http://news1.ghananation.com/international/251467-gerard-baden-clay-great-grandson-of-lord-baden-powell-helping-police-after-wife-allison-s-disappearance.html

Confuddled
05-11-2012, 12:28 AM

http://news1.ghananation.com/international/251467-gerard-baden-clay-great-grandson-of-lord-baden-powell-helping-police-after-wife-allison-s-disappearance.html

Wow!

He has told police that he last saw his wife when they went to sleep together on Thursday of last week.

Fail!!

Koalagirl
05-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Hi,
I wondered about the Life insurance aspect of this case. Money has been a factor in some murder cases and I heard that Allison may have been insured for $600,000 but I don't know who the benefactor would be or if this figure is accurate. It's still something for the police to look at. I hope they catch the person who killed Allison soon and until they do I'd be very careful walking alone around our area especially after dark (my opinion here especially since it's getting darker sooner now with Winter coming).
Cheers, Koalagirl

possumheart
05-11-2012, 12:36 AM

Yes I saw and posted that one, it originally came from the Daily Mail I believe, which I was told has crap journalism. Interesting at face value, but I was told it was not very credible.

Southern Rain
05-11-2012, 12:40 AM

He has told police that he last saw his wife when they went to sleep together on Thursday of last week.

He said when he woke up the following morning she was gone and that on Sunday, as he was driving to a police station to give details of the last time he saw his wife, he crashed his car into a bus stop and was taken to hospital with minor injuries before being released.

Went to sleep together? Other accounts - went for a walk? left her watching tv? which is correct???? :banghead:

Kimster
05-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Kimster's shutting the forum down for 45 minutes!!!!
We will all end up with withdrawal symptoms - better go and have a drink!

The forum maintenance is done! :woohoo:

Thank you all for your patience!

:grouphug:

maverik1
05-11-2012, 12:43 AM

He said when he woke up the following morning she was gone and that on Sunday, as he was driving to a police station to give details of the last time he saw his wife, he crashed his car into a bus stop and was taken to hospital with minor injuries before being released.

Went to sleep together? Other accounts - went for a walk? left her watching tv? which is correct???? :banghead:
I wouldnt trust this report.....

coolcat
05-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Isn't this the car he crashed...Displaying number Plates?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/police-remove-tape-at-baden-clay-home-after-another-day-of-fruitless-searching-for-missing-brookfield-woman/story-e6freon6-1226339129541

Confuddled
05-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Every pic of Allison I have seen she is wearing a couple of rings on her fingers and earrings.

Has it been reported anywhere that these items were found with her body or if they are also missing?

coolcat
05-11-2012, 12:47 AM
I wouldnt trust this report.....

I don't just found it interesting where I found it and also that they had reported it so differently from everyone else......This sort of thing encourages people to speculate?

AllyG
05-11-2012, 12:52 AM
I wonder if TM was at the funeral today

Kimster
05-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Were any of you at the service today?

Southern Rain
05-11-2012, 12:55 AM

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/police-remove-tape-at-baden-clay-home-after-another-day-of-fruitless-searching-for-missing-brookfield-woman/story-e6freon6-1226339129541

Its a Honda Odyssey a 7 seat people mover. Probably his sister's car??

AllyG
05-11-2012, 12:56 AM
No. It didn't feel right to go. Read live updates on the web though. GBC was there supporting his children.

UnfoldingTruth
Many of us tried to watch a live stream of it which appeared to be broken.:banghead:

Southern Rain
I wonder if TM was at the funeral today

I wonder if there were any other of the Baden-Clay's Century 21 staff at the funeral??

crissyz
05-11-2012, 12:57 AM

.....he's not wearing a wedding ring...... !?!?!

Humdinger
05-11-2012, 12:59 AM
I did not see the stream either..just the reporters out the front over and over, which I tuned out to and so could not say really what they said or did not say about GBC.. But I understand where you are coming from. Imaging if he is not as guilty as all suspect. What if he actually had nothing to do with it but maybe is aware who did, maybe there is more tothe story than we know- maybe the 'close firend' did and maybe she had help from someone- maybe her and GBC were not together, maybe, maybe... The point is All roads appear to us to point one way, but I feel very deeply for him and the rest of the family if he is indeed not guilty. He will also be going though hell. But many(not just here) are making so many judgements on him and what he should or shouldn't be doing or that he should not be allowed to grieve with the family etc. But what if he is innocent? He should be allowed to grieve and act however he needs, if he had no part in this crime.

I couldn't agree more! If he's innocent, then I feel terribly for him that the eyes of the world have been lookin down on him during this time...
I also think that if he did do it, it wasn't premeditated and therefore he still would need to grieve, he'd be beside himself one would think...

On a side note, wether he did it or not, if he knew about it and knows the killer then it's just as bad in my books...

CJ60
05-11-2012, 01:01 AM

I'm not sure that it is; this was taken about a week after Allison disappeared, when he was allowed back in to the house. He crashed his friends car the previous weekend - well, IMO - he drove up Musgrave Rd, made sure his seatbelt was fastened - saw the two bus lanes but positioned himself to hit the pillar in between them -perfect speed to crumple the front of the car, air bags inflate and hurt himself - how did it go - 'a little bit - but I'm ok' dipping his head ever so slightly....
Don't think he'd be driving the crumpled car - it was hurt a bit more than him! I'll see if the link is in JES72's timeline.

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 01:04 AM
I couldn't agree more! If he's innocent, then I feel terribly for him that the eyes of the world have been lookin down on him during this time...
I also think that if he did do it, it wasn't premeditated and therefore he still would need to grieve, he'd be beside himself one would think...

On a side note, wether he did it or not, if he knew about it and knows the killer then it's just as bad in my books...

Yes..this is all supposition..but just trying to look at things in a different way.. what if he is is helping police to nail the person. He may know who, doesn't mean he had any part in it. Maybe feels remorse because of any association with them..Its all in the who knows territory.. But sometimes people need to stop and look at things differently instead of being so hell bent one way, without facts.

Confuddled
05-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Thank you to the powers that be who just did what they did!

;)

Confuddled
05-11-2012, 01:11 AM
What did they do!?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention removed posts.

It was only here briefly, (I can't see it anymore) and it was certainly not the right foot to start off on for your first post ever on these boards.

willough
05-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Thank you to the powers that be who just did what they did!

;)

I agree :)

I havent posted today....Words truly fail me today :( Her poor family and so true, about the "What if he didnt do it?" He has been treated awfully, if that is the case.

Rest in Peace Allison....You were truly an inspiration and will continue to be for many of us. Your beautiful girls will never forget you.....how could they, a lovely mom like you. A hole has been shot through your parents hearts and I do not think that will ever heal. You're death will not be in vain though. So many people have learnt so much.......I am just so sad, it came to this, for so many to see, the potential of harm.

Watch over your lil darlings....They will be taken care of and all will look up and see you shining down. XX

Mungulz
05-11-2012, 01:12 AM

No, that's a Honda Odyssey, the one he crashed was a Honda CR-V.. The car parked behind Century 21, which people were counting the spokes of, was a (roughly) 2004 Ford Fiesta.

So we have an SUV, a Mini-Van, and small Hatch all being identified as the same car... :floorlaugh:

Humdinger
05-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Yes..this is all supposition..but just trying to look at things in a different way.. what if he is is helping police to nail the person. He may know who, doesn't mean he had any part in it. Maybe feels remorse because of any association with them..Its all in the who knows territory.. But sometimes people need to stop and look at things differently instead of being so hell bent one way, without facts.

TBH that could explain soooo much!! That would explain why he's been silent, why he wasn't out there pleading for the killer to come forward, telling people that he's innocent and that they should be helping the police not gossiping about him.
If he knew who did it and lawyered up immediately so that he could go to the police and tell them what he knew, then I would feel so bad for him!! Though dialling 000 doesn't really indicate this to be plausable...

I think proffesionally he's screwed and his reputation is permanently tarnished now but for that he only has himself to blame, innocent not, he's not handled this well at all...

I'm still so sad for them all, so so so many people have been hurt already and that pain is going to increase 10 fold when an arrest is made - regardless of who it may be, more people will be hurt :(

Paradox11
Its a Honda Odyssey a 7 seat people mover. Probably his sister's car??

The car in the crash is a grey honda CR-V with different number plates.

Crash: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/gallery-e6frer9f-1226336989408?page=39

Honda Cr-v 2008 model: http://0.tqn.com/d/suvs/1/0/V/a/-/-/08_Honda_CR-V_3-4_rear_right.jpg

UnfoldingTruth
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention removed posts.

It was only here briefly, (I can't see it anymore) and it was certainly not the right foot to start off on for your first post ever on these boards.

saw 2 similar..but wasn't sure if poster removed it themselves..other than that I have no comment :)

Kimster
05-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Some posts were removed.

Please stop discussing other people's opinions in a negative way and instead post your own thoughts and information about Allison's case. This has been requested often and is not fair to those who are not engaged in it. Last warning. I seriously dislike issuing time outs, but that's what is next. :(

Acer
05-11-2012, 01:15 AM
As an aside -

I find it unusual that a previously perfectly presented man, well shaven perfectly dressed etc. appears at his wife's funeral needing a shave.

I understand that, when she was missing, his presentation may have been the last thing on his mind but the funeral is a different thing altogether.

Also - he may never have worn a wedding ring - some men don't.

crissyz
05-11-2012, 01:17 AM
I saw one which is now removed..... but like unfoldingTruth, thought maybe they removed it.... Wasn't about the case at all!

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 01:17 AM
TBH that could explain soooo much!! That would explain why he's been silent, why he wasn't out there pleading for the killer to come forward, telling people that he's innocent and that they should be helping the police not gossiping about him.
If he knew who did it and lawyered up immediately so that he could go to the police and tell them what he knew, then I would feel so bad for him!! Though dialling 000 doesn't really indicate this to be plausable...

I think proffesionally he's screwed and his reputation is permanently tarnished now but for that he only has himself to blame, innocent not, he's not handled this well at all...

I'm still so sad for them all, so so so many people have been hurt already and that pain is going to increase 10 fold when an arrest is made - regardless of who it may be, more people will be hurt :(

I know what you are saying. It doesnt look it. And I'm not having a go at anyone here..but in hindsight we don't always act or do as others perceive we should. And imagine if that was his only crime.. I am very much into trying to keep an open mind and not judging till I know the facts..its not to say I don't have my own thoughts or personal judgements. I just cringe sometimes at some statements on a person, because we've made up our mind one way or another and no room for anything else. Make sense? Anyway, just a thought.

crissyz
05-11-2012, 01:18 AM
Some posts were removed.

Please stop discussing other people's opinions and post your own about Allison's case only. This has been requested often and is not fair to those who are not engaged in it. Last warning. I seriously dislike issuing time outs, but that's what is next. :(

Thank you :rocker:

Karo
05-11-2012, 01:18 AM
He may have been growing a beard prior. I do think until the funeral is over, there is not much "thinking normally" ....in this case, I suspect nothing will be back to normal until the case is prosecuted.

Confuddled
05-11-2012, 01:20 AM
As an aside -

I find it unusual that a previously perfectly presented man, well shaven perfectly dressed etc. appears at his wife's funeral needing a shave.

I understand that, when she was missing, his presentation may have been the last thing on his mind but the funeral is a different thing altogether.

I agree 100%.
He appears to have taken the time to "man scape" the growth, why not whip around with a razor and tidy yourself up?

Also, I have been married 9 years and we both stopped wearing rings about 6 or 7 years ago. It doesn't mean we hate each other, we just don't wear them.

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 01:23 AM
:(

Just a question on that, did he actually ring 000? I know that was speculated on, but not sure if it was fact,. Maybe just rang local cops? (Told them what had been going on?)

Kimster
05-11-2012, 01:25 AM
I'll be heading over to the new registrants in about 15 minutes or so. If any guests want to get registered and start posting tonight, please sign up now. :tyou: It's 100% free!

Bayside
As an aside -

I think the beard is to hide his emotions.

He has a wedding ring in this pic.http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/04/24/1226336/847396-gerard-baden-clay.jpg

Ippygal
Hi all, been lurking for the last few weeks, I find myself almost obsessed with this case! So close to home I guess, and being close in age to Allison....
Someone mentioned him not wearing a wedding ring- I just saw a news flash from at St Paul's today and he was definitely wearing it then.......
I have an overwhelming gut feeling about this , but was sure there would be an arrest today....... Suspense sucks I hope the person/s are charged soon!!!!!
RIP Allison you have touched so many lives and my thoughts are with her beautiful daughters and mum, dad and siblings xxxx

Bayside
05-11-2012, 01:27 AM
This pic taken after she went missing, also has wedding ring on.

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2012/05/01/1226344/114946-gerard-baden-clay.jpg

crissyz
05-11-2012, 01:28 AM
I thought there would be too..... still have a few hours in the day yet.... maybe tonight, after the wake (if there is one of course).... the girls will need their daddy around today.

Kimster
Hi all, been lurking for the last few weeks, I find myself almost obsessed with this case! So close to home I guess, and being close in age to Allison....
Someone mentioned him not wearing a wedding ring- I just saw a news flash from at St Paul's today and he was definitely wearing it then.......
I have an overwhelming gut feeling about this , but was sure there would be an arrest today....... Suspense sucks I hope the person/s are charged soon!!!!!
RIP Allison you have touched so many lives and my thoughts are with her beautiful daughters and mum, dad and siblings xxxx

:welcome:

:wagon:

I wish we were meeting under better circumstances. :tears:

crissyz
This pic taken after she went missing, also has wedding ring on.

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2012/05/01/1226344/114946-gerard-baden-clay.jpg

Hmmm, maybe he just had it off in that other pic.

Humdinger
05-11-2012, 01:31 AM
Just a question on that, did he actually ring 000? I know that was speculated on, but not sure if it was fact,. Maybe just rang local cops? (Told them what had been going on?)

Good point, I don't know if we ever were able to confirm how he made contact with the police, sorry, I shouldn't have said that... I know there's been a lot of discussion but not sure if anyone found a link confirming it...

Surely though if he was absolutely not involved and was assissting police with what he knew, then they'd make it clear that he was not a POI, surely if he was really innocent they'd make an effort to protect his reputation? The police have never said that he isn't a POI.

Ippygal
05-11-2012, 01:33 AM
I have mixed feelings about the girls being with their dad today..... What if he is involved?? How will that affect them later??? Hmm..... ???? Of course we don't know if he was, but it's certainly looking that way isn't it? So sad :(

minni
05-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Hmmm, maybe he just had it off in that other pic.

he has lost weight...it looks very loose in this one?

Humdinger
05-11-2012, 01:36 AM
I've been so overwhelmed by this case and I'm constantly thinking of it, of Allison, her children, her parents and her husband. I'm always looking for updates, getting anxious over the fact that no one has been arrested, hoping that they are close and that they're just getting more info to ensure that their case is airtight. Dreading the fact that this could take days, weeks, months a year or more before an arrest is made... It really distresses me :( I'm sure I'm not the only one!!

I'm going to try and back away a bit. This is all so intense and consuming!

Hugs to you all.

Ippygal
05-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Good point, I don't know if we ever were able to confirm how he made contact with the police, sorry, I shouldn't have said that... I know there's been a lot of discussion but not sure if anyone found a link confirming it...

Surely though if he was absolutely not involved and was assissting police with what he knew, then they'd make it clear that he was not a POI, surely if he was really innocent they'd make an effort to protect his reputation? The police have never said that he isn't a POI.

For sure I reckon!!! They would make it very clear that he isn't a POI... The QPS are keeping pretty quiet aren't they??!!! Frustrating!!!!

Ippygal
05-11-2012, 01:39 AM
he has lost weight...it looks very loose in this one?

I thought that when I saw footage from today he def looks like he's lost weight from his business photo and even wedding pic

Champagne4lulu
05-11-2012, 01:45 AM
I think the weight loss is to do with his personal trainer that was posted awhile back?

Maybe they haven't named ANY person of interest as they are making them sweat. That or they just don't know yet? Sort of like if they haven't named anyone the murderer would be always looking over their shoulder. I would imagine the tension and paranoia would make someone crack sooner or later. Could all be a strategy. At least that's what I'm hoping.

minni
05-11-2012, 01:46 AM
seeing footage today of GBC holding hands with daughters, comforting them.......I HOPE TO HIGH HEAVEN HE IS INNOCENT...I CANNOT imagine a man offering his babies comfort if guilty...It can't be possible, people that evil can't hide it all their lives...surely signs of this EVILNES would have shown over the years? Oh I hope I am right for the girls sake...freaking out a little right now for all the family and loved ones involved in this bloody mess
Well, I have an exam in exactly 15 minutes!!!! havent seen any real footage of today, but what I did see looked very special...RIP Allison

loveandlite2012
05-11-2012, 01:47 AM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8465938/baden-clay-comforts-daughters-at-funeral

An emotional final photo :((

minni
05-11-2012, 01:49 AM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8465938/baden-clay-comforts-daughters-at-funeral

oh so heartbreaking

minni
05-11-2012, 01:51 AM
try watching that footage silently... there looks like real grief on GBC face.... I feel really sad and really confused right now

loveandlite2012
05-11-2012, 01:53 AM
That was no faking, he is grieving for his daughters I think. Those poor darlings, it is so unfair!!!

Bayside
05-11-2012, 01:54 AM

The poor little girls, kids are very resilient but nothing ever replaces your mum, you need them all of your life.

Bayside
05-11-2012, 01:56 AM
I think the grief is seeing the pain it has caused his children.

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 01:56 AM

I was thinking about that, even before I came back and saw your post. I don't know. In the best interest of the case, maybe they would want whoever was guilty to assume GBC is the POI and not to tip them off that the police are actually watching them.. I believe that does/has happened before.. But who knows. theres always 2 ways to look at things I guess.

Champagne4lulu
05-11-2012, 01:57 AM
Oh man, that photo just got me. Just heartbreaking. We need to find whoever did this for the sake of ABCs friends and family. Just devastating. Wish there was something I could do to help. ;(

AllyG
05-11-2012, 01:58 AM
I could see the same, minni. I think I just need to have a big cry and walk away from this for a while. Too heartbreaking :therethere:

coolcat
05-11-2012, 01:59 AM

OMG! My heartaches.....GBC really does look devastated and those little girls faces say a thousand words......Very Very sad indeed.

Neuromancer
05-11-2012, 02:00 AM

Just verifying this for those who wanted a link.

Started growing it when she disappeared - see this pic from the 24th
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/missing-mum-allison-baden-clays-husband-gerard-in-hospital-after-in-car-crash/story-e6freoof-1226336841867

possumheart
05-11-2012, 02:01 AM
try watching that footage silently... There looks like real grief on gbc face.... I feel really sad and really confused right now

so do i

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 02:02 AM
For sure I reckon!!! They would make it very clear that he isn't a POI... The QPS are keeping pretty quiet aren't they??!!! Frustrating!!!!

Not necessarily, the way i look at it. Strategy as someone else mentioned, can come into play to get the person they are after. If it benefits the case to make it look one way on the surface so that they can do what they need to make a case against someone and not tip them off. Hey he might not care if thats what it takes.

I have to be honest and say I feel very sorry for him if he is innocent. Many in the community have not afforded him much compassion because of perceived guilt. (Not saying he is or isnt)

Cccclllaareb
05-11-2012, 02:03 AM
I was thinking about that, even before I came back and saw your post. I don't know. In the best interest of the case, maybe they would want whoever was guilty to assume GBC is the POI and not to tip them off that the police are actually watching them.. I believe that does/has happened before.. But who knows. theres always 2 ways to look at things I guess.

Yep who knows! A good reminder to keep an open mind and be sensitive in our remarks because really, we just don't know.

loveandlite2012
05-11-2012, 02:04 AM
who is the guy behind Mrs Dickie? He also was with Gerard when he arrived at the funeral, is it possibly a detective? Or a relative?

Strangeworld
05-11-2012, 02:05 AM
His emotion does seem genuine, but what emotion is he feeling? Sadness, grief, regret? That look on his face could mean many different things.

If he was involved in some way, and it was not premeditated, he could be feeling genuine loss and remorse for what has happened.

Cccclllaareb
05-11-2012, 02:06 AM
His emotion does seem genuine, but what emotion is he feeling? Sadness, grief, regret? That look on his face could mean many different things.

If he was involved in some way, and it was not premeditated, he could be feeling genuine loss and remorse for what has happened.

The only person who could answer that is him

Thinking
05-11-2012, 02:09 AM

I agree Shelbinator - and also surely he would have gone and searched for his wife - I can't get past that bit, I'm hurt on her behalf? Even if he was told not to search, why wasn't he at the showgrounds which was central to everything, with her parents? I don't want it to be him, but he isn't making it easy for us!

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 02:12 AM

Agree. I believe a person would/could still feel grief and loss over something they did that was not meant to happen, think you'd be in a pretty awful situation(though in my mind if thats the case you'd be better of to be honest about it and not let it go on) You know the longer this case drags out I am really beginning to wonder about there being more to it and his innocence.. I agree the funeral footage did look like absolute, honest grief and devestation. Maybe until now he had been holding it in for the kids, trying to keep strong. and as can often be the way, the funeral is the first real chance to let it out.

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 02:13 AM
I agree Shelbinator - and also surely if he would have gone and searched for his wife - I can't get past that bit, I'm hurt on her behalf? Even if he was told not to search, why wasn't he at the showgrounds which was central to everything, with her parents? I don't want it to be him, but he isn't making it easy for us!

who knows. Could be reasons. I know what it looks like to the outside.

marlywings
05-11-2012, 02:14 AM
who is the guy behind Mrs Dickie? He also was with Gerard when he arrived at the funeral, is it possibly a detective? Or a relative?

Possibly his brother

jendo
05-11-2012, 02:14 AM
OMG! My heartaches.....GBC really does look devastated and those little girls faces say a thousand words......Very Very sad indeed.

Looks like guilt and gosh I really hope he IS innocent for his daughters' sakes, but some people are also really good actors. I have seen other footage of a husband (can't remember who now) holding the hand of his mother-in-law at his wife's funeral, crying crocodile tears and doing a damn fine job of looking grief-stricken. Turned out he was the killer! Imagine how the family felt looking back at the funeral!
Maybe GBD's pain is for his girls or maybe it is the pain of regret for what he has done to them, his family and to himself?

Neuromancer
05-11-2012, 02:15 AM
I think the weight loss is to do with his personal trainer that was posted awhile back?

http://members.optusnet.com.au/peaktrain/testimonial.html

Prolly got in a bit of extra heavy lifting back in april and eating/sleeping less since... ;p

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 02:17 AM

Don't know. He is half cut of in the pic..i thought at first it looked like Bill Mc Donald from 10 news, lol. Do i need my eyes tested?

Bayside
05-11-2012, 02:18 AM

Maybe they haven't named ANY person of interest as they are making them sweat. That or they just don't know yet? Sort of like if they haven't named anyone the murderer would be always looking over their shoulder. I would imagine the tension and paranoia would make someone crack sooner or later. Could all be a strategy. At least that's what I'm hoping.

One pic of him with the awards wearing his C21 Jacket is too large for him and it has shoulder pads poking up.

Neuromancer

easy enough to look devastated when you're worried about yourself.

Strangeworld
Has anyone else noticed the real shift today on this thread re GBC's potential guilt to potential innocence? I can't see anything that has changed in the last 24 hours in what is been released to the public, other than the funeral today.

coolcat
05-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Not necessarily, the way i look at it. Strategy as someone else mentioned, can come into play to get the person they are after. If it benefits the case to make it look one way on the surface so that they can do what they need to make a case against someone and not tip them off. Hey he might not care if thats what it takes.

I have to be honest and say I feel very sorry for him if he is innocent. Many in the community have not afforded him much compassion because of perceived guilt. (Not saying he is or isnt)

I am still not convinced he is innocent....watching the footage behind the hearse was a little clearer why I am not.....There was no eye contact or displays of affection or compassion between the Dickies and GBC...Did anyone else notice this?? For every funeral I have been to " A touch, hug or kiss or at least an acknowledgement is given to the husband by the Parents....If he and Allison were truley in love at the final stages of her life without and major problems The Dickies would of ackknowledged him whilst he was crying and emotional as he looked...i know they were watching over the girls but I still think if they were speaking they would of reached out??? IMO...?

Bayside
05-11-2012, 02:19 AM

Prolly got in a bit of extra heavy lifting back in april and eating/sleeping less since... ;p

I agree, that would do it for sure.

coolcat
05-11-2012, 02:20 AM

I thought Brother or Brother in law perhaps?

Bayside
05-11-2012, 02:20 AM
I am still not convinced he is innocent....watching the footage behind the hearse was a little clearer why I am not.....There was no eye contact or displays of affection or compassion between the Dickies and GBC...Did anyone else notice this?? For every funeral I have been to " A touch, hug or kiss or at least an acknowledgement is given to the husband by the Parents....If he and Allison were truley in love at the final stages of her life without and major problems The Dickies would of ackknowledged him whilst he was crying and emotional as he looked...i know they were watching over the girls but I still think if they were speaking they would of reached out??? IMO...?

I noticed the same thing, you can tell they think he did it.

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 02:21 AM

I saw the footage, and wanted to go look at it again, but it won't come up for me now when I click the link.

Cccclllaareb
05-11-2012, 02:22 AM
I thought to myself yesterday... If he looks grief stricken people will tear him down, If he doesn't look grief stricken-people will still tear him down :-|
If he happened to shave something tells me he would get criticized for that too.
I'm not trying to stick up for him, but I'm well aware that I don't have the full story so trying not to be overly judgemental and pull apart every little thing.

Ippygal
05-11-2012, 02:23 AM

I must agree with you there, although I have had a feeling right from the start, if it wasn't him it is pretty awful that majority seem to think he did... But there's so many odd things that point that way from all I have seen and read.... Will keep my opinions to myself though, have been rather vocal about it until my best friend asked me to put myself in GBC's shoes and imagine if he really had nothing to do with it... Would be awful..... But...... Aaahhh who knows????

loveandlite2012
05-11-2012, 02:24 AM
Has anyone else noticed the real shift today on this thread re GBC's potential guilt to potential innocence? I can't see anything that has changed in the last 24 hours in what is been released to the public, other than the funeral today.

I haven't changed my opinion, I do however hope that I am wrong for the girls sake. I hope if he is guilty, today has really shown him how much pain he has caused to their beautiful girls and that he man's up and admits to his crime!!

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 02:24 AM

Not sure if you are meaning me in particular. I have always been open minded to the thought he could be innocent and there was possibly more to it. Particularly the longer things have dragged out. I am hoping he is. I sway back and forth though sometimes on what I think. Cause I guess we don't know. And I've tried to steer clear of outright accusing and treating as fact that he did.

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 02:27 AM
I must agree with you there, although I have had a feeling right from the start, if it wasn't him it is pretty awful that majority seem to think he did... But there's so many odd things that point that way from all I have seen and read.... Will keep my opinions to myself though, have been rather vocal about it until my best friend asked me to put myself in GBC's shoes and imagine if he really had nothing to do with it... Would be awful..... But...... Aaahhh who knows????

I guess thats what I have felt and tried to say. Imagine if you were in the situation. And I know many will say they would have done this or that or acted one way or the other. But honestly know one can know how we would deal with such a situation. And while we can point fingers, there is sometimes more than one way to look at things.

Paradox11
05-11-2012, 02:28 AM

I was just thinking that. We're nothing if not human. It's a sad day and i think the funeral has brought out the softer side in people. When we see GBC with his daughters we all want to believe that it wasn't him and these three beautiful girls will not ever have to go through the hell of trying to reconcile their love for thier father with what he might have done to thier mother.

TrueSlueth
05-11-2012, 02:30 AM

ah come on everyone, the guy recently lost a Lexus, he going to have to grieve at some point.

maverik1
05-11-2012, 02:30 AM
Being the Devil's advocate here: Maybe this is why he wanted a public funeral with the press, coverage etc etc...so he could put on a show...as mentioned in a previous post, grief could be for many things.

IMHO, this was not premeditated. I believe it was a domestic quarrell that went terribly wrong. It probably blew out of proportion because the kids were not around. We all show restraint in our arguments/fights with our partners when the kids are within ear shot.

For the sake of those beautiful children I truly hope and pray that I am totally wrong.

Strangeworld
05-11-2012, 02:31 AM
Not sure if you are meaning me in particular. I have always been open minded to the thought he could be innocent and there was possibly more to it. Particularly the longer things have dragged out. I am hoping he is. I sway back and forth though sometimes on what I think. Cause I guess we don't know. And I've tried to steer clear of outright accusing and treating as fact that he did.

No no no - didn't mean it personally to anyone. I was just catching up on the posts and there is a real shift in the feel of this thread today - I'm guessing because of the funeral. But generally more people are expressing the possibility of him been innocent (not necessarily saying he is, just what if), rather than writing about things that make him seem guilty. Just thought it was interesting how things can shift so dramatically in 24 hours.

Neuromancer
05-11-2012, 02:32 AM

I'd guess watching the funeral would naturally cause an overflow of compassion (in normal people, who can feel empathy and compassion, as opposed to the kind of person who'd kill someone they know and dump their body in a river)

Ippygal
05-11-2012, 02:32 AM
I still feel deep down he's in involved but they haven't arrested him yet!! It's getting confusing reading everyone else's thoughts too lol... And what if he really didn't do it?? I'm gonna feel pretty awful for being so against him.... I guess really, innocent until proven guilty........ But still I think he did ......

Neuromancer
05-11-2012, 02:33 AM
I think the grief is seeing the pain it has caused his children.

That would require empathy.

Southern Rain
05-11-2012, 02:33 AM

Keep an open mind. Strategy? Does an SC advise on that? Sunglasses are off. Does anyone know if the results of the toxicology report were ever released?

Bayside
05-11-2012, 02:34 AM
Being the Devil's advocate here: Maybe this is why he wanted a public funeral with the press, coverage etc etc...so he could put on a show...as mentioned in a previous post, grief could be for many things.

IMHO, this was not premeditated. I believe it was a domestic quarrell that went terribly wrong. It probably blew out of proportion because the kids were not around. We all show restraint in our arguments/fights with our partners when the kids are within ear shot.

For the sake of those beautiful children I truly hope and pray that I am totally wrong.

I agree with you, and I think if it wasnt premeditated he would still feel guilty.

Bayside
05-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Keep an open mind. Strategy? Does an SC advise on that? Sunglasses are off. Does anyone know if the results of the toxicology report were ever released?

The police havent issued a cause of death, that doesnt mean that they dont know it.

Neuromancer
05-11-2012, 02:37 AM
ah come on everyone, the guy recently lost a Lexus, he going to have to grieve at some point.

Love. Your. Work.

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 02:38 AM

No don't think so. In fact I thought they were only due in today.

possumheart
05-11-2012, 02:39 AM
Even if he is squeaky clean, the talk about his infidelity would make his in-laws less than impressed ...

Humdinger
05-11-2012, 02:40 AM

My opinion for this shift is that he looks human today, he looks like he cared about Allison, he is facing this head on. IF he did this from the get go, if he appeared to have been concerned, if he showed just in the slightest that he loved his wife, that he was concerned about her welfare, that he actually wanted her to come home then the general population wouldn't feel negativity towards him...

Yes we all handle things in our own way, there is no right or wrong, we have all been brought up differently and have different values BUT I personally cannot get past his behaviour, he appears to be disrespectful of Allison IMO that does not prove guilt, not at all, but he doesn't seem like a bloke I'd want to shout a beer at the pub... But yes today I genuinely feel for him.

Ippygal
05-11-2012, 02:41 AM
What channel do you think will have the best coverage at 6??? 7 or 9???
( have a docs appt so have to record the news!)

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Even if he is squeaky clean, the talk about his infidelity would make his in-laws less than impressed ...

Agreed. My thoughts too. if they knew what he'd been up to(if its fact) or if this led to Allisons death(but not by his hand)..Then yeah they would likely be pretty angry and not too impressed.

barrosa
05-11-2012, 02:43 AM
I agree with you, and I think if it wasnt premeditated he would still feel guilty.

Let's take the emotion away for a moment and start again. We all pray daddy didn't do it. Who knows what games are being played but one thing is certain Allison was murdered. RIP allison

Bayside

LOL my first laugh about this case.

And very true, you know when you do drama class they tell you to think back to something painful to help with the tears, maybe that helped.

jendo

I agree, and it's freaking me out!

Neuromancer
05-11-2012, 02:44 AM

Anyone notice he wasn't a pallbearer? Dunno about you guys but it's pretty normal in my experience for the 6 men closest to the deceased to carry them as a sign of respect.

So why not?

Better photo op to walk behind with kids?

Sense of deja vu?

Other men sure as hell weren't going to let him near her?

Humdinger
05-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Anyone notice he wasn't a pallbearer? Dunno about you guys but it's pretty normal in my experience for the 6 men closest to the deceased to carry them as a sign of respect.

So why not?

Sense of deja vu?

I think that today it was far more important to be with the girls than being a pallbearer.

UnfoldingTruth
My opinion for this shift is that he looks human today, he looks like he cared about Allison, he is facing this head on. IF he did this from the get go, if he appeared to have been concerned, if he showed just in the slightest that he loved his wife, that he was concerned about her welfare, that he actually wanted her to come home then the general population wouldn't feel negativity towards him...

Yes we all handle things in our own way, there is no right or wrong, we have all been brought up differently and have different values BUT I personally cannot get past his behaviour, he appears to be disrespectful of Allison IMO that does not prove guilt, not at all, but he doesn't seem like a bloke I'd want to shout a beer at the pub... But yes today I genuinely feel for him.

Thanks for your post. Not harping on this, but just wanted to say, there have been instances in other cases where the husband did all the right things, cried crocodile tears(as they say).. pleaded with the wife tocome home. And turns out they were the perpertrator..so its not necessarily an indicator. But I hear what you are saying. (I too thought it was odd at the press conference the Dickies did when Allison was not long missing, that he was not there and pleading for her to return and that I don't think they mentioned much about him it was for themselves and Allisons kids)

Thinking
Another thing I've been pondering on is, what would I do if I was Allison's sister or mother? I don't think I could keep quiet - by now I would have eyeballed GBC and insisted that he look me in the eye and tell me whether or not he had anything to do with it or if he knows anything. I could not let it go and I couldn't just not say anything to him. I feel for them so much.

What would you do? Wouldn't it be difficult?

coolcat
Not sure if you are meaning me in particular. I have always been open minded to the thought he could be innocent and there was possibly more to it. Particularly the longer things have dragged out. I am hoping he is. I sway back and forth sometimes. Cause I guess we don't know. And I've tried to steer clear of outright accusing and treating as fact that he did.

I have just been speaking to my Friend who is a Seargent and he seems to think that if the Police did not have any evidence by now that links to the crime the Police would of come out and told the public that he was not a POI.....He also said that Media Speculation and Community Gossip was another reason to announce he was not POI because this can play out in Jury Selection and court proceedings.

I asked if he thought he was guilty...He said " The Queensland Police would know everything about him at the moment, There is no reason to not say he was POI if his background was clean".......I took it to mean..."There must be something fishy?"

Paradox11
Love. Your. Work.

You guys are terribly cynical. :trout:

barrosa
05-11-2012, 02:48 AM

So why not?

Sense of deja vu?

Her dad would have made sure of that :)

rhb
05-11-2012, 02:49 AM

So why not?

Sense of deja vu?

I think that he wasn't because he's being there for his three daughters. Makes sense to me he's *not* a pallbearer because if he was that means he leaves his daughters alone and what they need right now is their dad (guilty or not, until he is proven guilt--or at least charged--I think the best thing for them would be to have him with them supporting them).

TrueSlueth
05-11-2012, 02:50 AM
If you watch Allison'a parents throughout the funeral, their actions are really telling. Forget GBC, watch Allison's parent's.

the latest photo in the couriermail where Allisons mum has her head tilted is just amazing. You can tell that they do not want to show GBC they are hurt, no eye contact, no touches, everything focussed on the children and no emotions.

This by no means says that GBC is guilty, but you can tell what Allison's parents think of him.

And who enters his wifes funeral through the back door of the church? So self absorbed. Even if he isnt guilty, he hasnt dealt with this very well at all.

Neuromancer

Maybe it's a good time to revisit this video:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8456598/search-for-qld-mum-wont-rest-on-anzac-day

CJ60

Way to lose weight! Man, this guy could put me out of business!

Anyway, who writes for this guy?? ' a liaison with Lesley '.........if my hubby was off for a 'liaison' with his PT I would be worried!

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 02:52 AM
I have just been speaking to my Friend who is a Seargent and he seems to think that if the Police did not have any evidence by now that links to the crime the Police would of come out and told the public that he was not a POI.....He also said that Media Speculation and Community Gossip was another reason to announce he was not POI because this can play out in Jury Selection and court proceedings.

I asked if he thought he was guilty...He said " The Queensland Police would know everything about him at the moment, There is no reason to not say he was POI if his background was clean".......I took it to mean..."There must be something fishy?"

Wonder what the fishyness is..lol.. Only as I've heard some stuff also and we've all heard bits n peices put together on here.

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 02:53 AM
If you watch Allison'a parents throughout the funeral, their actions are really telling. Forget GBC, watch Allison's parent's.

the latest photo in the couriermail where Allisons mum has her head tilted is just amazing. You can tell that they do not want to show GBC they are hurt, no eye contact, no touches, everything focussed on the children and no emotions.

This by no means says that GBC is guilty, but you can tell what Allison's parents think of him.

And who enters his wifes funeral through the back door of the church? So self absorbed. Even if he isnt guilty, he hasnt dealt with this very well at all.

Did he? I did't get to see the live streaming. Going to look at couriermail update.

coolcat
05-11-2012, 02:55 AM

i also think his emotion would be from hearing bout her life and good times etc etc...He would of once loved her..They did after all have 3 children and a lot of happy time I am sure....People just change..Some change into Philanderers and some into Murderers???.....IMO!

UnfoldingTruth
05-11-2012, 02:56 AM
Another thing I've been pondering on is, what would I do if I was Allison's sister or mother? I don't think I could keep quiet - by now I would have eyeballed GBC and insisted that he look me in the eye and tell me whether or not he had anything to do with it or if he knows anything. I could not let it go and I couldn't just not say anything to him. I feel for them so much.

What would you do? Wouldn't it be difficult?

maybe they have? I don't know what on earth I would do. I think I'd be too devestated to even think straight. If he was just a turd, that I didn't like,I don't know. To me if he had treated her bad leading up to her death and cheated etc. hmm.. I don't know.

rhb
05-11-2012, 02:58 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet: 16 photos of Allison's funeral from the Courier Mail.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/gallery-e6frer9f-1226353110367?page=1