nursebeeme
05-15-2012, 12:47 PM
discuss here:

nursebeeme
05-15-2012, 12:49 PM
so today are closing arguments?

Coldpizza
05-15-2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.azfamily.com/home/related/Watch-LIVE-Trial-of-Baby-Gabriels-would-be-adoptive-mom-148124505.html

http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/kphocom-local-live-streaming

Coldpizza
05-15-2012, 12:54 PM
so today are closing arguments?

That's my understanding.

Also, I didn't know TS called Rachael after the Trial had started!!! WOW

Sleuths4Me
05-15-2012, 01:08 PM
wait, she called Rachel during trial...for what?

seattlechiquita
05-15-2012, 01:10 PM
wait, she called Rachel during trial...for what?

to ask her to be a witness on her behalf. Rachael told her where to put it, of course, and testified for the state.

oh, and good morning WS :coffeecup:

Coldpizza
05-15-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't know, it was posted on the last thread towards the end.

artsy1
05-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Jury selection began on April 9 - Tammi called Rachel on April 11, which was AFTER she had seen the witness list & Rachel was listed as a pros witness.

LOL In fact, before pros pointed out the witness tampering, Tammi even admitted to calling Rachel TWICE to be her witness.

You can't do that after trial starts, and pros said Rachel was on their witness list since March of 2010!

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Speakl of... Rachel is talking to Vinnie on InSession right now!

Coldpizza
05-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Hoover on IS confirming that TS initiated the adoption. In other words TS was the first to bring it up.

artsy1
05-15-2012, 01:23 PM
to ask her to be a witness on her behalf. Rachael told her where to put it, of course, and testified for the state.

oh, and good morning WS :coffeecup:

:seeya:

Glad someone else besides me caught it. :jail:

artsy1
05-15-2012, 01:26 PM
I guess I need more coffee - I've never paid attention to the seal of AZ before - I thought it said "dit dat doe" (like tic tac toe).

:floorlaugh: :okay:

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Rachel also laughed when told Tammi said she sold it for $80,000. Said she'd have a car or a down payment for a house! Adoptive parents are in another state and paid some medical and counselling expenses. (They played the tape of Tammi's interview with Det. Ramirez where she said she sold the baby and later said in court the lawyer sold...)

YET... she still likes Tammi and wishes her all the best.

That's a nice person.

artsy1
05-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Rachel also laughed when told Tammi said she sold it for $80,000. Said she'd have a car or a down payment for a house! Adoptive parents are in another state and paid some medical and counselling expenses. (They played the tape of Tammi's interview with Det. Ramirez where she said she sold the baby and later said in court the lawyer sold...)

YET... she still likes Tammi and wishes her all the best.

That's a nice person.

That is a classy person! Just shows money doesn't buy class.

:yourock: , Rachel Hoover!

artsy1
05-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Hmm, wonder if defense attys finally told the defendent to "cover up"?

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Tammi Today

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii103/ritanita/Misc%20Crimes/T4.jpg

seattlechiquita
05-15-2012, 01:42 PM
ARGHHH.... I have to leave in about 1 hour. Get this trial started people!!

luckygirl
05-15-2012, 01:42 PM
I stepped away to fold some laundry.....did I miss anything?

artsy1
05-15-2012, 01:44 PM
I stepped away to fold some laundry.....did I miss anything?

Still going over jury instructions & verdict forms

seattlechiquita
05-15-2012, 01:46 PM
:waiting: not.enthused.

strawberry
05-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Is it just the seal or am I missing the feed?

noor
05-15-2012, 01:52 PM

Yes, just the seal now.....

artsy1
05-15-2012, 01:54 PM

They are redoing the jury instructions again.

leighmarker
05-15-2012, 01:54 PM
where did they go? what happened?

momtective
05-15-2012, 01:57 PM
I can't believe I'm going to miss this! But I have IS recording on DVR so I'll watch it later today. Payers for the SA and the jury.

noor
05-15-2012, 02:00 PM
They are redoing the jury instructions again.

I missed what the defense wanted different, I only heard half of it.
I thought, is the defense worried she'll be found guilty........??

dizzychick
05-15-2012, 02:09 PM
If Tammi had put the name JOHN DOE on the paperwork instead of CRAIG CHERRY would she still be in the same trouble?

luckygirl
05-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Welcome back.....

noor
05-15-2012, 02:13 PM
If Tammi had put the name JOHN DOE on the paperwork instead of CRAIG CHERRY would she still be in the same trouble?

But......Tammi never would have done that, because it makes no sense, it's bs.
Tammi made up that bs-story to "explain" herself.

dizzychick
05-15-2012, 02:17 PM
But......Tammi never would have done that, because it makes no sense, it's bs.
Tammi made up that bs-story to "explain" herself.

the question was did it make a difference in which name she put?

dizzychick
05-15-2012, 02:23 PM
In watching this trial I was reminded of Martha Stewart a clear case of the law using their power to railroad her. She was asked by the feds did you sell that stock? She said NO. really what the deal was is her broker had put a sell order on that stock which means if the stock dropped to what ever number they set for the sell order it would automatically sell. She had no idea at the time she answered the question whether or not the stock had been sold. What she should have done is said "call my lawyer". I was instructed by my lawyer friend that I worked for for over 20 years to never answer questions from the feds. The fact she said no got her in trouble even though to her knowledge at that moment she didnt have a clue what was going on with that particular stock so she said No.

let that be a warning when they come to your door say Call My lawyer. I dont care what they ask other than your name just answer call my lwyer not yes or no to any question.

seattlechiquita
05-15-2012, 02:27 PM

I think the issue was that she interfered, and lied (Gabriel has a father). Period. She had no right to write anything on those papers.

CathyinTexas

I think the fact she put her relative's name and wrote on the paperwork in more than one place, like for instance, I, Elizabeth Johnson, incriminated her. Did she fill that in? That would be forgery, in my opinion. If John Doe had been written only and she had not written EJ's name on the form (maybe?) she would not have been charged. jmo

Wishbone
fyi....pros making closing statement

saba
05-15-2012, 02:29 PM
omg. the pic of tammi marked as "defendant" is hilarious

dizzychick
05-15-2012, 02:31 PM
fyi....pros making closing statement

why is that state going 1st? usually they are 1st at the onset and last at the end? I dont get that, you want to be last so the defense is getting to go last thats weird

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 02:34 PM
why is that state going 1st? usually they are 1st at the onset and last at the end? I dont get that, you want to be last so the defense is getting to go last thats weird

In most states, the prosecution goes first, then the defense, then the prosecution has a chance to rebut. In the states where this happens, it is considered that the state has the heavier burden of proof.

artsy1
05-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Tammi looks like she's sitting on a bbq.

artsy1
05-15-2012, 02:40 PM

They already said pros goes first, then def, then rebuttal by pros.

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Whoa! I missed the fact yesterday that the original temp. custody papers had room for both parents to sign, but the ones Tmmi made for EJ, had no space for the father's signature!

noor
05-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Oh wow, I missed the fact that Tammi redid that document, and only put the line on there for the mothers signature, NOT the fathers signature.

The prosecution is doing a great job!!

luckygirl
05-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Tammi looks like she is about to explode......lol

noor
05-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Tammi looks like she's sitting on a bbq.

lol.....
She really is turning all red on her face and chest.

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 02:46 PM
What are the odds she'll look happier when the defense presents their closing?

MissJames
05-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Hmm, wonder if defense attys finally told the defendent to "cover up"?

I believe that's called shutting the door after the horses are out of barn.

noor
05-15-2012, 02:50 PM
ALL her lies are being exposed, all of them, one by one, by the prosecutor.
All in evidense.

STEADFAST
05-15-2012, 02:52 PM
I think the pros is doing a wonderful job! I've followed this case from the beginning, and this is the first time I've really understood exactly how all this went down.

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Tammi giving the "stink eye" as yet again, the prosecutioon gives examples of her many lies...

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii103/ritanita/Misc%20Crimes/Stinkeye.jpg

MissJames
05-15-2012, 02:53 PM

That's not the question at all.

MissJames
05-15-2012, 02:57 PM
ALL her lies are being exposed, all of them, one by one, by the prosecutor.
All in evidense.

I can't help but wonder what Jack is thinking. If he was being truthful ,he was unaware of some of TPS 's tricks and they included him. It also sounds like she deliberately mislead Jack about some things.
If I was Jack I'd be thinking over the last 12 years or so . How often has TPS conned him?

Wishbone
05-15-2012, 02:57 PM
aaahhh....holding her cross and talking to God as the pros exposes her lies

seattlechiquita
05-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Sh...tting bricks much, Tammi?

artsy1
05-15-2012, 03:00 PM
I wish they'd show Jack - I'm sure some of this stuff he's hearing for the first time.

dizzychick
05-15-2012, 03:05 PM
That's not the question at all.

exactly but they sure wasted an entire day blabbing about itLOL and bunch of other nonsense

momtective
05-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Sh...tting bricks much, Tammi?

Actually...I think she looks a lil' constipated. :what:
Me think she needs colonic...she's full of it.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/TPS-2.jpg

seattlechiquita
05-15-2012, 03:07 PM
I am very pleased with this closing statement so far -- facts, facts, facts, facts. No appeal to emotion.Brava!

luckygirl
I can't help but wonder what Jack is thinking. If he was being truthful ,he was unaware of some of TPS 's tricks and they included him. It also sounds like she deliberately mislead Jack about some things.
If I was Jack I'd be thinking over the last 12 years or so . How often has TPS conned him?

BBM

I couldn't agree more.

Cherry Baby
I think the prosecution is doing a fine job. This lady is being very methodical about exposing all the layers of the lies that TS has told, and she's backing it all up with the evidence.

Don't hold that against me though. I thought the prosecution did a stellar job against Casey Anthony, and look what happened there.

seattlechiquita
05-15-2012, 03:09 PM
I think the prosecution is doing a fine job. This lady is being very methodical about exposing all the layers of the lies that TS has told, and she's backing it all up with the evidence.

Don't hold that against me though. I thought the prosecution did a stellar job against Casey Anthony, and look what happened there.

bbm

Couldn't agree more. They were, indeed, stellar. :(

dizzychick
05-15-2012, 03:17 PM
So EJ orders 2 large pizza's in Dsan antonio? Was there any paper trail of someone else that might lead to the kid? What about those people she was seen in the motel lobby with?

I think at the point when TS sees EJ has gona off her rocker and split for Texas, she was worried what would happen to the kid and I dont blame anyone for anything they might have said to EJ to get her home with the kid in tow. The state is using what TS said against her in that matter which TS explained she was scared and telling Logan all what was goin on, at that point TS just wanted the kid safe. This is sad.

noor
05-15-2012, 03:19 PM

understood, but we're not dealing with Baez (who's a liar) we're dealing with Tammi the liar, and facts, facts and more facts.
Also this jury is not sequestered, and there's no death penalty on the table.

noor
05-15-2012, 03:22 PM
So EJ orders 2 large pizza's in Dsan antonio? Was there any paper trail of someone else that might lead to the kid? What about those people she was seen in the motel lobby with?

I think at the point when TS sees EJ has gona off her rocker and split for Texas, she was worried what would happen to the kid and I dont blame anyone for anything they might have said to EJ to get her home with the kid in tow. The state is using what TS said against her in that matter which TS explained she was scared and telling Logan all what was goin on, at that point TS just wanted the kid safe. This is sad.

Are you even listening to the closing arguments??????

dizzychick
05-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Are you even listening to the closing arguments??????

Im hearing the state and waiting for the defense I wouldnt expect the state to paint the same picture this is how they operate but we will see all that matter is what the jury says

dizzychick
05-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Its Peyton Place all over again LOL

MissJames
05-15-2012, 03:27 PM
exactly but they sure wasted an entire day blabbing about itLOL and bunch of other nonsense

I don't think so. They haven't talked about what difference it made at all.
Only that she did it .The consequences aren't a part of the charges.

If someone attempts murder with a gun ,but misses,it's still attempted murder.

STEADFAST
05-15-2012, 03:27 PM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/toshroger/tammi1.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/toshroger/tammi2.jpg:hills:

noor
05-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Ah, and now the cover up is being exposed.

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Tammy seems to be having a hard time with hearing FACTS! This is a wonderful closing. Tammi gave far more than her fair share of material for her to work with. I'm sure Det. Ramirez helped her get this timeline together. It is such a complicated one which includes each and every text message, phone call, statement to LE, every tiny bit of information that is out there. Outstanding.

MissJames
05-15-2012, 03:32 PM

That was a mere aberration ,getting 12 + people that would LIKE Jose' Baez and Casey Anthony. There was some monkey business going on ,IMO.

MissJames
05-15-2012, 03:34 PM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/toshroger/tammi1.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/toshroger/tammi2.jpg:hills:

PLEASE ,let the jury be watching this woman!:please:

Wishbone
05-15-2012, 03:39 PM
That was a mere aberration ,getting 12 + people that would LIKE Jose' Baez and Casey Anthony. There was some monkey business going on ,IMO.

That not guilty verdict is something I will never be able to understand. They couldn't even convict on child neglect/abuse....I couldn't understand how OJ got off either, but just because the jury voted that way doesn't make it the truth just not guilty in the eyes of the law a killer is set free........

dizzychick
05-15-2012, 03:42 PM
That not guilty verdict is something I will never be able to understand. They couldn't even convict on child neglect/abuse....I couldn't understand how OJ got off either, but just because the jury voted that way doesn't make it the truth just not guilty in the eyes of the law a killer is set free........

too bad Casey wasnt in the military I saw a case that was over 30 years old the guy got a NG then DNA was found in victim 30 yrs later on a cold case investtigation and the original defendants DNA was a hit and the military tried and convicted him he now sits on death row.

I dont understand since the feds were involved why they wont charge her in federal court? are they arfaid of the powerful Anthonys?

artsy1
05-15-2012, 03:43 PM
I don't know why she thinks this is so funny...

Wishbone
05-15-2012, 03:48 PM
too bad Casey wasnt in the military I saw a case that was over 30 years old the guy got a NG then DNA was found in victim 30 yrs later on a cold case investtigation and the original defendants DNA was a hit and the military tried and convicted him he now sits on death row.

I dont understand since the feds were involved why they wont charge her in federal court? are they arfaid of the powerful Anthonys?

I wish I knew more about the law and exactly how the rule of double jeopardy applies.....I sometimes think it might have ended differently if the death penalty had been off the table and the prosecution hadn't trusted GA and CA. My opinion of the gparents is right on par with my opinion of KC and I do believe that they knew the truth of what their evil spawn did very early on.......

dizzychick
05-15-2012, 03:52 PM
I wish I knew more about the law and exactly how the rule of double jeopardy applies.....I sometimes think it might have ended differently if the death penalty had been off the table and the prosecution hadn't trusted GA and CA. My opinion of the gparents is right on par with my opinion of KC and I do believe that they knew the truth of what their evil spawn did very early on.......

I dont understand it either except that if you cross state lines that is federal since she didnt leave the state that would have been one reason to try her but since the feds were involed in the " kidnapping" I guess that would have made the way for a federal charge but we know that was not true, so I dont know what other excuse they could use and i find it hard to believe if the feds really wanted to get her they could just like Perjury why in the blue blazes didnt they get Cindy, its right there in the testimony she lied through her teeth for Casey, she was at work not on that puter! makes me mad every time I think about it

momtective
05-15-2012, 03:53 PM
I have permission from Salem to post these screen shots. I have edited the original screen shots to remove all innocent parties.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/EmailsTPSEJ2.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/EmailsTPSEJ.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/4.jpg

Wishbone
05-15-2012, 03:54 PM
I don't know why she thinks this is so funny...

Her whole affect is way off. She doesn't respond to much in a normal manner. Sick puppy

noor
05-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Ha! It did not matter if she was in the courthouse or the law library, she's still guilty of falsifying a document.

lol.

momtective
05-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Why was Tammi requesting prayer for Gabriel on Dec. 15th?

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/Dec15askingforprayer.jpg

saba
05-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Rounding third, heading for home, i'm really happy with this prosecutor!

gitana1
05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
I was at an ex parte all morning so I missed the prosecution's closing. Darn!!! And I have to go back to work. I really wanted to see that. I wish someone had recorded it!!!!

Feds get involved sometimes in investigations to assist local LE and/or to investigate if there was a federal crime, like interstate kidnapping or trafficking. In Caylee's case, there was absolutely no federal crime at all. It is irrelevant that the feds were involved. There is no jurisdiction for a federal charge and there never will be one.

noor
05-15-2012, 04:08 PM
And Tammi ran out of the courtroom after the prosecution was done with the closing arguments.....

I bet ya she's wishing she would have taken the plea deal now....

MissJames
05-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Her whole affect is way off. She doesn't respond to much in a normal manner. Sick puppy

Even John Edwards had the decency to act ashamed in court when the videos of his lies were played for the jury.

luckygirl
Bravo to the prosecutors!

Cherry Baby
Well, I was gonna hit WalMart when the kiddle gets home from school, but dang don't know if I want to miss the defense trying to get thru their closing. One thing I'll bet they'll try and hit on is 'oh poor TS, she was just trying to help a confused young mother' blah blah blah 'she got taken in' blah blah blah.

momtective
05-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Glorified babysitter???:waitasec:

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/fb21.jpg

MissJames
05-15-2012, 04:12 PM
I was at an ex parte all morning so I missed the prosecution's closing. Darn!!! And I have to go back to work. I really wanted to see that. I wish someone had recorded it!!!!

Feds get involved sometimes in investigations to assist local LE and/or to investigate if there was a federal crime, like interstate kidnapping or trafficking. In Caylee's case, there was absolutely no federal crime at all. It is irrelevant that the feds were involved. There is no jurisdiction for a federal charge and there never will be one.

It was good. Just laid out the facts and tied everything together. Tammi showed contempt and disgust for all to see.

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 04:14 PM
At least lunch is only one hour today! I am looking forward to hear how the defense handles their closing. After this litany of lies, will she still try and paint Tammi as a loving, Christian woman who tried to help poor EJ. Her memory isn't perfect, she drinks at crucial moments, but what the heck, she's human. All the prosecution witnesses have her pegged wrong. Gabriel would have had a terrible life if it weren't for her.

Oh, the child is still among the missing? My client is heartbroken. She would have been the perfect mother with the perfect family.

dizzychick
05-15-2012, 04:18 PM
what are the chances that EJ found an underground adoption for Gabriel? I have heard stories about them like when one parent thinks the other has abused the kids but cant prove it and out of fear for the childs safety they ship them off to some underground organization. I wonder if such an organization really exists???

W/O any paper trail im fearing the worse has happened to that baby.

MissJames
05-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Glorified babysitter???:waitasec:

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/fb21.jpg

How sick to tell that little girl Gabriel was her brother . Tammi was playing house and those children were nothing more than characters in her storybook world.
JMO

MissJames
05-15-2012, 04:28 PM
At least lunch is only one hour today! I am looking forward to hear how the defense handles their closing. After this litany of lies, will she still try and paint Tammi as a loving, Christian woman who tried to help poor EJ. Her memory isn't perfect, she drinks at crucial moments, but what the heck, she's human. All the prosecution witnesses have her pegged wrong. Gabriel would have had a terrible life if it weren't for her.

Oh, the child is still among the missing? My client is heartbroken. She would have been the perfect mother with the perfect family.

Hope the attorney plans to explain why TPS never cried when Gabriel was discussed during the trial.
Many of you know my son died just after he turned 15 . I've mentioned often that ,even believing they are in Heaven and are well, you still feel the need to protect them ,to mother them and make everything okay.

That's knowing your child is okay. I can't imagine what it must be like for Logan and his family.

momtective
05-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Tammi was soooo worried about Gabriel on Dec. 23rd

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/Fosterparents.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/Tammisgonnafindotherkids.jpg

dizzychick
05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
I did notice Tammi was grasping that cross around her neck like it was a life jacket on the titanic LOL

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Momtective, thank you so much for putting those screen shots together for us. They help prove that Tammi was indeed a child vulture as she's been referred to as being on InSession lately as well as here.

While I'm here, I thought I'd mention that I have kept an eye on Jack since he testified. His facial expressions and body language remind me of my uncle, who had to put up with all sorts of craziness my aunt foisted upon him. On the stand, he mentioned his age and that he would be in his 70's when the children the do have would be teenagers. I think Tammi kept him out of the loop about a lot of this stuff. When presented with the idea of another child, he seemed to be saying that he would do anything to keep Tammi happy. He seems to resigned to his fate. He has two children from his daughter. He might need Tammi to look after them when he is too old and infirm.

MissJames
05-15-2012, 04:55 PM
I swear ,those e-mails between Tammi and Elizabeth could have been written by Tammi ,alone. EJ's sound like something Tammi would make up.

MissJames
05-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Momtective, thank you so much for putting those screen shots together for us. They help prove that Tammi was indeed a child vulture as she's been referred to as being on InSession lately as well as here.

While I'm here, I thought I'd mention that I have kept an eye on Jack since he testified. His facial expressions and body language remind me of my uncle, who had to put up with all sorts of craziness my aunt foisted upon him. On the stand, he mentioned his age and that he would be in his 70's when the children the do have would be teenagers. I think Tammi kept him out of the loop about a lot of this stuff. When presented with the idea of another child, he seemed to be saying that he would do anything to keep Tammi happy. He seems to resigned to his fate. He has two children from his daughter. He might need Tammi to look after them when he is too old and infirm.

Methinks Tammi may check out when they get past the cute dress up stage.

MissJames
05-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Tammi was soooo worried about Gabriel on Dec. 23rd

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/Fosterparents.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/Tammisgonnafindotherkids.jpg

Wonder if they were going to be "foster parents" the same way they were going to "adopt " the other baby Tammi found on her lunch break. Why would she put it in quotes?

I really don't see them doing what it takes to get licensed as certified foster parents.

Troubled
05-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Ok I missed the prosecutions closing if anyone has a link to a youtube of it that would be great. Has the defense begun the closing, or have they finished and we are waiting on verdict?

STEADFAST
05-15-2012, 05:15 PM
It feels like it's been two hours since they broke for lunch!

STEADFAST
05-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Ok I missed the prosecutions closing if anyone has a link to a youtube of it that would be great. Has the defense begun the closing, or have they finished and we are waiting on verdict?
Defense closing should be starting in just a minute.

Troubled
05-15-2012, 05:17 PM

Ok thanks.

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 05:17 PM

or twenty... :floorlaugh:

Troubled
05-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Its back on. Defense has started their closing.

noor
05-15-2012, 05:25 PM
The defense attorney sounds very nervous.
Now she's putting Elizabeth on trial.

luckygirl
05-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Is the defense trying to put the whole blame on Elizabeth?

Troubled
05-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Maybe its just me but Tammi looks mad. And its her own attorneys closing. Maybe she realizes that its not going well for her.

noor
05-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Is the defense trying to put the whole blame on Elizabeth?

This is so dumb, if I was on this jury I would be mad.
This is NOT about Elizabeth, this is about Tammi, Tammi is on trial here...........give me a defense about all the lies Tammi told, we just heard about.

Troubled
05-15-2012, 05:32 PM
I guess she didnt have enough time to eat lunch. Looks like she just ate something.

luckygirl
05-15-2012, 05:33 PM
At this point I really hope the jury listening the DA will realize that Tammi was playing both sides.

momtective
05-15-2012, 05:35 PM
From her facebook posts she wasn't worried at all about Gabriel, she was moving on to foster care and finding other missing children. :doh:

saba
05-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Have to leave- tell me everything- will be checking in-

momtective
05-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Here come the tears...:doh:

noor
05-15-2012, 05:37 PM
That was a poor (and dumb) example the defense gave about her son being missing for 15 minutes.
Gabriel was NOT Tammi's son.
It just shows how obsessed Tammi was with wanting this child, any child.

seattlechiquita
05-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Ohaaaai... checking in from my class lol. I see nothing is tammis fault. .. Aaaawwww poor little POS.

Wishbone
05-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Who wouldn't want to adopt Gabriel? What's that matter, he father didn't want to give him away....wth?

Wishbone
05-15-2012, 05:42 PM
lost the feed

noor
05-15-2012, 05:43 PM
No, I lost the connection!!!

Troubled
05-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Did the link just go light blue for everyone else? Ah ok. At least its not just me

artsy1
05-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Guess somebody pulled the plug on her. LOL Couldn't bear the defense closing arguments, I guess.

Troubled
05-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Well the defense closing was rather boring and unbelievable maybe that is why the feed stopped.

STEADFAST
No, I lost the connection!!!
Me, too. I've just got an aqua screen.:ufo:

artsy1
Did the link just go light blue for everyone else? Ah ok. At least its not just me

blue on az family, black on kpho

artsy1
05-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Bet the problem is in the courtroom & the judge doesn't want the jury distracted by Court TV trying to fix the problem. I suspect that Phillips disconnected something when she kept walking over to the jury box.

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Can anybody give the link for KPHO?

Sleuths4Me
05-15-2012, 05:49 PM
http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/cbs-5-local-live-streaming

noor
05-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Can anybody give the link for KPHO?

http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/kphocom-local-live-streaming

it's not working.,.....

STEADFAST
05-15-2012, 05:51 PM
http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/cbs-5-local-live-streaming
I'm not getting any feed at that link either.

artsy1
05-15-2012, 05:52 PM
It's not like the defense was making a compelling argument, IMHO, anyway...

STEADFAST
05-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Sooooo . . . who else made their husband order delivery food tonight?

momtective
05-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Bet the problem is in the courtroom & the judge doesn't want the jury distracted by Court TV trying to fix the problem. I suspect that Phillips disconnected something when she kept walking over to the jury box.

Major unplug...all streams are down, kpho, azfamily and cnn/hln.:panic:

MissJames
05-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Well ,I was expecting to see Tammi doing a lot of head bobbing in agreement with her attorney. Instead it looks like she is intently reading the monitor .Any minute now I expect to see her lips moving ,along with the attorney.

momtective
Audio here http://live.cnn.com/

ETA Feed is back up.

noor
Is the defense done and the prosecution is back up?

CarolinaMoon
Whew! Well, I think I was right. She's pity-Tammi, the good-hearted lady. Oh, and just skip over the lies. Oopsie, she left out a few details!

Troubled
05-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Is it back or is this repeat from the prosecutions close? (I missed their closing so I am not sure)

artsy1
05-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Come on God, get me out of this, like you told me almost 3 years ago.

Hmm, or was I just hearing voices?

momtective
05-15-2012, 05:57 PM
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/TPSprays.jpg

STEADFAST
05-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Is it back or is this repeat from the prosecutions close? (I missed their closing so I am not sure)
This is the prosecutor's rebuttal of the defense closing. I THINK!

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Is she really saying her client was lying???

momtective
05-15-2012, 06:00 PM
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/Prosisupnow.jpg

Troubled
05-15-2012, 06:01 PM
This is the prosecutor's rebuttal of the defense closing. I THINK!

WOW that was a quick closing by the defense. Its kind of surprising to me.

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Huh! I didn't realize we were back to the prosecution! Well, the defense didn't have much to say. I doubt we missed much!

momtective
05-15-2012, 06:03 PM
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/really.jpg

artsy1
05-15-2012, 06:06 PM
:woohoo: Ms. Andrews! :woohoo: :rocker: :fence:

Troubled
05-15-2012, 06:09 PM
If I sat on the jury for 5 weeks of this case and then didnt get to go into the deliberations I would be annoyed.

artsy1
"Oh dang, I was hoping juror #8 with all the questions would be the alternate...."

noor
So the jury will have time to deliberate today, it's only about 3:00 pm in AZ.
I missed most of the defense, it sure went quick.

STEADFAST
05-15-2012, 06:10 PM
How are we going to know when the jury comes back?! I don't get any news from AZ! (I never thought about this before.)

noor
05-15-2012, 06:11 PM
"Oh dang, I was hoping juror #8 with all the questions would be the alternate...."

Beth Karas said that juror would sit there with his arms crossed, as if he was .....maybe....... mad.

artsy1
05-15-2012, 06:11 PM
I hope they keep someone at the court in case the verdict comes back this afternoon. They've still got 2 hours of court time available this afternoon.

noor
05-15-2012, 06:12 PM
How are we going to know when the jury comes back?! I don't get any news from AZ! (I never thought about this before.)

I did think about this before, maybe check their news channels tonight and tomorrow morning......

Melanie
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Juror number 3 dismissed as an alternate (still is under admonition). Judge thanks #3 for their service and tell him he/she may go.

Judge will read jury instructions.

-choose foreperson
-8 jury panel (must be unanimous) Once all 8 agree, foreperson will fill out the verdict forms
-review jury instructions and verdict forms (must follow these instructions)
-any questions during deliberations, use jury question form (in writing)
-verdict forms as follows:

1. conspiracy to commit custodial interference (choose guilty or not guilty)

- if guilty of the offense, do you further find the defendent conspired with the parent to secrete the child (wording not exact here)

2. on the charge of forgery - guilty/not guilty

TS be looking a little nervous!

I honestly think the jury will come back guilty on both counts.

MOO

Mel

Marigold
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Did I miss both the defense and the prosecution rebuttal? Can anyone give me a recap please?

artsy1
05-15-2012, 06:15 PM
I suspect the'll go out to deliberate and take an initial vote to see where everyone stands.

Marigold
05-15-2012, 06:16 PM
I did think about this before, maybe check their news channels tonight and tomorrow morning......

I'm local, so I will dust off my television, turn it on and hope there is some sort of "breaking news". If there is, I will post here as fast as possible.

STEADFAST

Guess I'll just keep refreshing the page of the feed.

noor
Well, at least this jury want their notebooks.......

momtective
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/smiles.jpg

Troubled
Ok any guesses on how long the jury will be out? I am going to pick 3 hour 30 minutes.

artsy1
05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Beth Karas said that juror would sit there with his arms crossed, as if he was .....maybe....... mad.

I know! I wish there was a bubble to put that in, as if it was coming out of TPS' head. :fence:

Troubled
05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm local, so I will dust off my television, turn it on and hope there is some sort of "breaking news". If there is, I will post here as fast as possible.

That would be great thank you. :)

noor
05-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Guess I'll just keep refreshing the page of the feed.

Maybe check on line...newspapers, tv stations.
The judge does not want to wait long after the jury reached a verdict.
Judge wants Tammi in the courthouse by 2:00 tomorrow.

CarolinaMoon
05-15-2012, 06:19 PM
In any group, there will probably be different opinions. There is so much detailed evidence: video, audio, internet stuff, etc. It will take them some time to get organized. I have no idea how long it will take. Also, the jury may choose not to complete deliberations all at once, anyway, since they set their own schedule.

I'm going to keep one stream up live and the volume on high and also check the websites for the media.

Poor Tammi, judge won't give her 40 min. to get to court! She'll have to sit around the courtroom.

noor
05-15-2012, 06:20 PM

That's awesome, I'll keep checking here.
I have a feeling it will not be that long, it's not that complicated. IMO.

Melanie
05-15-2012, 06:21 PM
I think they'll come back tomorrow. Though #8 is worrisome and I'm afraid (he?) will have a ton of questions for the judge. Or he'll be the hold-out, with a hung jury.

IS put a request to the judge to interview the jurors should they wish.

MOO

Mel

Marigold
05-15-2012, 06:23 PM
I can't believe that the defense team wanted everyone to wait 40 minutes for court to re-convene when the verdict comes in because TPS wants to wait out the verdict at her house. I know TPS lives about 40 minutes away, but she should just drive into Phoenix first thing in the morning and find things to do.

Troubled
05-15-2012, 06:24 PM
I can't believe that the defense team wanted everyone to wait 40 minutes for court to re-convene when the verdict comes in because TPS wants to wait out the verdict at her house. I know TPS lives about 40 minutes away, but she should just drive into Phoenix first thing in the morning and find things to do.

Yes she can look for another baby while she waits for this verdict. :what:

TigerBalm
05-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Yes she can look for another baby while she waits for this verdict. :what:

:floorlaugh:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO let her wait at home instead, preferably without internet.

luckygirl
05-15-2012, 06:56 PM
I have to leave my house for a high school sports banquet at 4:30 and would really appreciate a verdict any minute.....lol The suspense is killing me!

MissJames
05-15-2012, 07:03 PM

How will you let us know ? We need WS text alerts . Alarms on our laptops.
Some type of phone notification.

Who wants to ask Tricia for an upgrade? :escape:

Thank you,Marigold !

MissJames
05-15-2012, 07:06 PM

I know where she can get a room to wait.It has a bed and they bring you 3 squares a day. :jail:

artsy1
05-15-2012, 07:08 PM
I know where she can get a room to wait.It has a bed and they bring you 3 squares a day. :jail:

Or the infamous mystery loaf. :what:

seattlechiquita
05-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Pffff I missed defense and rebuttal! Is jury still at courthouse?

Troubled
05-15-2012, 07:11 PM
The jury is out deliberating.

artsy1
05-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Here is the link to the Maricopa County Superior Court PIO twitter - they may post news of a verdict first.

http://twitter.com/#!/courtpio

MissJames
05-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Pffff I missed defense and rebuttal! Is jury still at courthouse?

The feed went down not far into the defense closing statement. What we heard before it went black ,was all about how awful EJ was ,violent , a liar and detached from Gabriel.

It wasn't down that long but when the feed came back the Prosecution was doing the rebuttal. I thought it was still the defense and wondered why she said "all roads led back to the defendent. Even the media was calling in tips."

Tammi remained righteously indignant.

Marigold
05-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Here's the twitter feed of one of the top reporters of azfamily.com https://twitter.com/#!/mikewatkiss3TV

I plan on staying close to my tv and my computer, but Watkiss is probably camped out at the courthouse and may know the verdict is in before it goes out on the tv airwaves.

MissJames
05-15-2012, 07:56 PM
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/smiles.jpg

I couldn't resist . My bad.

noor
05-15-2012, 08:02 PM
MC Superior Court‏@courtpio

Tammi Smith Trial: Jurors have gone home for the day. They will return at 10:30am to deliberate
http://twitter.com/#!/courtpio

MissJames
05-15-2012, 08:04 PM
I think they'll come back tomorrow. Though #8 is worrisome and I'm afraid (he?) will have a ton of questions for the judge. Or he'll be the hold-out, with a hung jury.

IS put a request to the judge to interview the jurors should they wish.

MOO

Mel

I thought he was the guy who kept his arms crossed over his chest and he asked Jack why he had not called Child Protective Services when they felt EJ was in a bad state. And wasn't it the same guy who rolled his eyes when Tammi was crying on the stand? If it's the same guy I was thinking he would be the first to say guilty.
Did I miss something?

Troubled
05-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks noor. I was just typing in that question when I hit post and saw your post. Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens.

noor
05-15-2012, 08:09 PM
I thought he was the guy who kept his arms crossed over his chest and he asked Jack why he had not called Child Protective Services when they felt EJ was in a bad state. And wasn't it the same guy who rolled his eyes when Tammi was crying on the stand? If it's the same guy I was thinking he would be the first to say guilty.
Did I miss something?

Yes, I'm positive you're talking about the same guy, Beth K. reported about this on IS.

Marigold
05-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Channel 3/AzFamily.com just said they are going to have a recap on their nightly news. You might be able to watch it online at: http://www.azfamily.com/live-stream/

Troubled
05-15-2012, 08:37 PM
OK so any predictions on if TS will be found guilty and what charges if she is?
I think she will be found guilty of at LEAST the forgery charge. And its possibly hopeful thinking but I think she will be found guilty of the conspiracy charge.
Oh did anyone else get the impression the judge kind of seemed like he was leaning to the side of she will be found guilty?

Marigold
05-15-2012, 08:45 PM
OK so any predictions on if TS will be found guilty and what charges if she is?
I think she will be found guilty of at LEAST the forgery charge. And its possibly hopeful thinking but I think she will be found guilty of the conspiracy charge.
Oh did anyone else get the impression the judge kind of seemed like he was leaning to the side of she will be found guilty?

BBM. I definitely think the judge is leaning towards conviction.
Yay judge! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

CathyinTexas
05-15-2012, 09:06 PM
In any group, there will probably be different opinions. There is so much detailed evidence: video, audio, internet stuff, etc. It will take them some time to get organized. I have no idea how long it will take. Also, the jury may choose not to complete deliberations all at once, anyway, since they set their own schedule.

I'm going to keep one stream up live and the volume on high and also check the websites for the media.

Poor Tammi, judge won't give her 40 min. to get to court! She'll have to sit around the courtroom.

I hope that is an indication of how he feels about her since he is the one who will decide sentencing. Hopefully, because of her priors he will see fit to sentence her to some prison time.

artsy1
05-15-2012, 09:53 PM
And too bad tonight, she'll probably have a restless night, knowing her fate lies in the hands of strangers (no matter what she says God told her).... Give her a small taste of what Logan has been going through since December 9, 2009!

BrownRice
05-16-2012, 06:27 AM
How many years is she facing if convicted?

artsy1
05-16-2012, 10:11 AM
How many years is she facing if convicted?

I believe someone had figured 3 to 6 years total.

But if she's convicted, I wonder if witness tampering charges will then be filed to keep her in longer. I don't know what AZ sentencing on witness tampering is, but I found online that Federal sentencing would be 3 to 6 months if someone had a clean criminal history, but up to 3 years for a FELON. :rocker:

CarolinaMoon
05-16-2012, 10:42 AM
I know it's early, but I am already on verdict watch! LOL! I'm watching InSession and, as long as a verdict comes in prior to its going off for the deadly re-runs, it will be the easiest to follow.

In addition, I'm following on the court twitter page: http://twitter.com/#!/courtpio

I also have the KPHO http://www.azfamily.com/home/related/Watch-LIVE-Trial-of-Baby-Gabriels-would-be-adoptive-mom-148124505.html ready to roll.

BTW, there's a new trick I learned to keeps links for a trial at the ready. If you have the latest version of MIE, you can open a new tab and see your most active links. If a link appears there, you can minimize your screen enough to have part of your desktop showing. Simply click and drag the link and it will be on your desktop. I have mine on the right. Just click twice, and the new link will come up in a separate window! They can be deleted when you don't need them anymore and, on the right, they don't get mixed in with your other desktop links. You can even pin them to the taskbar.

artsy1
05-16-2012, 10:48 AM
I know it's early, but I am already on verdict watch! LOL! I'm watching InSession and, as long as a verdict comes in prior to its going off for the deadly re-runs, it will be the easiest to follow.

In addition, I'm following on the court twitter page: http://twitter.com/#!/courtpio

I also have the KPHO http://www.azfamily.com/home/related/Watch-LIVE-Trial-of-Baby-Gabriels-would-be-adoptive-mom-148124505.html ready to roll.

BTW, there's a new trick I learned to keeps links for a trial at the ready. If you have the latest version of MIE, you can open a new tab and see your most active links. If a link appears there, you can minimize your screen enough to have part of your desktop showing. Simply click and drag the link and it will be on your desktop. I have mine on the right. Just click twice, and the new link will come up in a separate window! They can be deleted when you don't need them anymore and, on the right, they don't get mixed in with your other desktop links. You can even pin them to the taskbar.

I guess I do the "links for dummies" version. LOL I just go back into the prior day's brower history and click where I had been. :seeya:

Melanie
05-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Did I miss something?

Sorry, my bad. I thought Beth said she thought he was pro TS.

Ooopsie.

Mel

Melanie
05-16-2012, 11:04 AM

But if she's convicted, I wonder if witness tampering charges will then be filed to keep her in longer. I don't know what AZ sentencing on witness tampering is, but I found online that Federal sentencing would be 3 to 6 months if someone had a clean criminal history, but up to 3 years for a FELON. :rocker:

Oh I do hope she does some time! If she's found guilty does she lose her colon cleansing license?

artsy1
05-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Oh I do hope she does some time! If she's found guilty does she lose her colon cleansing license?

:floorlaugh: Didn't stop her in TN - she was shut down by the state for operating without a license and fined (which is still showing as unpaid)...

ETA: That was why they went to AZ to open her practice there.

Wishbone
05-16-2012, 11:21 AM

Wonder if the pros knew about her trying to contact the witness before the trial....wonder why they didnt include that charge?

seattlechiquita
05-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Good morning everyone.... :coffeews: tic toc tic toc :waiting:

artsy1
05-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Wonder if the pros knew about her trying to contact the witness before the trial....wonder why they didnt include that charge?

Well, if she could get much more time being convicted as a felon, wouldn't you wait, too? :floorlaugh:

artsy1
05-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Good morning everyone.... :coffeews: tic toc tic toc :waiting:

:seeya:

Ok, I predict that she will be found guilty on both counts, and that since the jury had the option of starting deliberations at any time this morning, yet they chose their trial starting time, I suspect they either have or are very close to having the verdict, and just wanted time to decompress last night. :jail:

I think we will hear by noon AZ time that they have a verdict, so that everyone has the lunch hour to get to court.

That's my prediction.

ETA: Ok, IS just came on here on the west coast, and I heard BK say that some of the jurors work before coming to court. I guess that explains the normal starting time.

artsy1
05-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Hope someone brings tranquilizers to court when the verdict is read, in case she is found guilty, because you just know she won't be able to control herself (based on what we've seen all through the trial)!

seattlechiquita
05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Hope someone brings tranquilizers to court when the verdict is read, in case she is found guilty, because you just know she won't be able to control herself (based on what we've seen all through the trial)!

You know what would be simply EPIC? IF she:

a) showed up drunk as a skunk :needdrink:
b) fainted or held her lawyers' hands like in Miss America :princes:
c) went to her knees, cried and screamed NOOOOOOO!!!

:laughcry:

luckygirl
05-16-2012, 12:41 PM
You know what would be simply EPIC? IF she:

a) showed up drunk as a skunk :needdrink:
b) fainted or held her lawyers' hands like in Miss America :princes:
c) went to her knees, cried and screamed NOOOOOOO!!!

:laughcry:

I bet there will be some sort of drama from Tammi when she hears GUILTY....lol

luckygirl
05-16-2012, 12:43 PM
AZ Family write up about yesterdays closing arguments.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Closing-arguments-in-Baby-Gabriel-fraud-case-151686705.html

seattlechiquita
05-16-2012, 12:48 PM
I bet there will be some sort of drama from Tammi when she hears GUILTY....lol

Or if she is found not guilty. This one is NOT going to be quiet either way. Interviews to come, either in the big house :jail: or in her backyard *shudders*

dizzychick
05-16-2012, 12:51 PM
exhibit # 65 EJ calls TS from Jail does anyone have a link has that been made public for us to hear again? I missed some it during the trial

What does this call have to do with the charges? I would guess Not one thing

seattlechiquita
AZ Family write up about yesterdays closing arguments.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Closing-arguments-in-Baby-Gabriel-fraud-case-151686705.html

Thanks bunches!!! I missed most of it yesterday :tyou:

Coldpizza
I'm thinking we need a verdict watch thread...

seattlechiquita
05-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm thinking we need a verdict watch thread...

We do!!! :rocker:

Coldpizza
05-16-2012, 12:57 PM
I alerted my post!

Salem
05-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Momtective made you one right here: Verdict watch & poll - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

She combined it with the poll, but you don't have to vote if you don't want too. Can just post while you wait for the jury to come back!

I didn't watch the trial, but I hope TS does not get away with all her manipulation and interference!

Salem