PDA

View Full Version : Luka Rocco Magnotta: charged with first degree murder; worldwide red alert:INTERPOL 3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

scapa
05-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Story still developing, but these two events may be connected. A suspicious package that turned up at Conservative Party HQ in our nation's capital seems to have contained a human foot. On the same day a torso was found in a suitcase in Montreal in a garbage skip. Political wags are already homing in on the symbolism of the act, but something far more serious may in play here.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/body-found-garbage-c-te-des-neiges-184939144.html

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/human-foot-found-suspicious-package-conservative-party-headquarters-191024177.html

s

thread #1: CANADA: Luka Rocco Magnotta, wanted for murder and dismemberment - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

thread #2: ACTIVE SEARCH Luka Rocco Magnotta: charged with first degree murder; worldwide red alert:INTERPOL - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

WARNING: the video that is online depicting the murder is extremely graphic and we are not posting links to it here at websleuths.

nursebeeme
06-02-2012, 11:25 PM
New thread:
1) do NOT sleuth your fellow posters
2) post within TOS
3) do NOT copy and paste comments
4) post with responsibility and respect for one another

~n/t~
06-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Well his charges keep piling up.

Magnotta to be charged with threatening PM, police say

Montreal Police Co mmander Ian Lafrenière said Saturday that because it was addressed to Prime Minister Stephen Harper's party office, they can lay an additional charge against Luka Rocco Magnotta.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/magnotta-to-be-charged-with-threatening-pm-police-say/article4227038/

:jail:

CatrelStevens
06-02-2012, 11:35 PM
LM was previously convicted for identity theft and multiple counts of fraud. No need for a "sugar daddy" or monied producer of snuff films here. Occam's Razor: The way he's been caught stealing money before is probably how he has money now, seeing as his crimes have escalated.

BorgQueen
06-02-2012, 11:36 PM
New thread:
1) do NOT sleuth your fellow posters
2) post within TOS
3) do NOT copy and paste comments
4) post with responsibility and respect for one another

Question, about point #1: if somebody is suspicious of another poster for any reason, they should alert a mod instead of publicly sleuthing and accusing the poster, correct?

DD_bwest
06-02-2012, 11:37 PM
im not sure how to post quotes from another thread, still new here.. someone mentioned pics of him on an air-tram and possibly near grouse.. i havent seen the pictures, just link them and ill do my best to ID them, i know the lower mainland pretty well.. and also funny you mention Hope, BC. as i was there today(im there often as its the last small town on the #1 before the highway splits into three routes, ands its close to where i gold pan) its a rather small town.. and he would stick out like soy sauce on rice.. also always tends to be swarming with LE..

Gypsy Road
06-02-2012, 11:38 PM
OMG...The door slammed HARD on that last thread and scared the crap out of me!!

I'm sorry, I'm feeling very uncomfortable.

HastingsChi
06-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Rest in Peace Jun "Justin" Lin

http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20120601/600_lin_justin_120601_430241.jpg?2

From the CBC: Victim in body-parts case remembered by Montreal friends (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/06/02/montreal-body-parts-friends-victim.html)

Former classmate Zoya de Frias Lakhany said she only learned that Lin was linked to the grisly case on Friday when police identified him publicly.

'He just wanted to be a member of society, of the country.'—Dahai Fu, victim's friend

A day later, she said she was still in shock.

She described Lin as a nice guy who helped her with her studies when they were in the same class last September.

Concordia University president Frederick Lowy issued a statement on Friday, expressing his condolences to Lin's family and friends. The school said it is offering counselling to staff, faculty and students.

Dahai Fu, a friend who has known Lin for two years, described him as a gentle person who was committed to his studies.

"He worked hard," he said. "He just wanted to, you know, he just wanted to be a member of society, of the country."

Lin had no family in Canada, a fact which police said complicated the identification of the body.

<modsnip>

otto
06-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Regarding the authenticity of the murder file, I think the fact that some people here view it as fake provides insight into why authorities did not do anything about it until there was a body.

otto
06-02-2012, 11:48 PM

Threads are often closed when there are over 30 pages ...

otto
06-02-2012, 11:50 PM
I think it matters. Especially from a victimology angle.

It is relevant that the victim was gay, but I don't think it matters how they met.

DD_bwest
06-02-2012, 11:54 PM
It is relevant that the victim was gay, but I don't think it matters how they met.

if it was craigslist, then it would most certainly matter.. he was trolling CL before hand as reported so its a real possibility.. maybe he used it in other cities? other victims or future victims victims..

Gypsy Road
06-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Regarding the authenticity of the murder file, I think the fact that some people here view it as fake provides insight into why authorities did not do anything about it until there was a body.

Did they even view it before the brushed it off? Or did they just assume it was fake? Have they said?

HeinekenMan
06-02-2012, 11:55 PM

Interestingly, I believe the opposite. It doesn't matter that he was gay. What matters is how they met. Because it's possible that Luka is going to try again and may try to meet a victim in the same manner.

matou
06-02-2012, 11:55 PM
This is NOT a photo of Luke Magnotta with the knife. I saw this image in a photobucket just earlier tonight.

From the SUN: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4352721/Cops-fear-cannibal-murder-suspect-Luka-Magnotta-could-be-a-serial-killer.html

DD_bwest
06-02-2012, 11:56 PM
OMG...The door slammed HARD on that last thread and scared the crap out of me!! .

i was in the process of writing a post as it happend, gave me a bit of a fright!

LadyL
06-02-2012, 11:56 PM
I've been wondering if the video was actually two or more videos spliced together. Keep in mind I have not watched it so can only form an opinion based on others' descriptions. I keep seeing different descriptions of the sheet colour (pink to black is a pretty vast difference on the scale) among other things.

So, are people seeing different videos or different edited versions? Did Luka release mutiple ones? Did he edit together previous 'sex' videos with after scenes of the mutilation? I think it's possible he did and that he did it with the purpose of confusing people.

JMO.

BorgQueen
06-02-2012, 11:57 PM

It may matter that the victim is gay, but I think it is irrelevant that the idiot that killed him is gay.

The only thing that makes the victim's sexual preferences relevant, in my opinion, is because I think it is possible that Eric Newman (since that is his birth name, I shall refer to him as such from now on) targets gay men, and transsexuals. In his online ramblings, I have noticed that on occasion, he will say something hateful towards homosexuals and transsexuals (forget where I read this, so I can't link... WAY too many postings/ramblings from this piece of <snip> to keep track of). Also, he seems to hate himself and go out of his way for attention and praise. And he never gets it. This likely angers him, and he will target the people he feels wronged him by not giving him the love and attention he (thinks he) deserves.

JMO

:moo: :twocents: :moo:

HastingsChi
06-02-2012, 11:59 PM

Otto: I appreciate your passion and perspectives; glad you are part of our effort to sleuth this monster and hopefully assist in leading to his capture.

That being said, I think it is important that we move forward with the idea that it is a fact that the horrific video is genuine. Unless it is debunked by authorities or expert testimony, the video is real.

Our goal is to assist in bringing Luka Rocco Magnotta to justice and speculation about the authenticity of the video does not help us achieve that goal, therefore I propose we end discussion of the authenticity of the video.

Salem
06-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Question, about point #1: if somebody is suspicious of another poster for any reason, they should alert a mod instead of publicly sleuthing and accusing the poster, correct?

Yes, BorgQueen, contact a mod. Do NOT post about it on the threads.

And thank you for asking. :)

Salem

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 12:07 AM
We've come to understand that Luka Magnotta seems to have an internet presence (including more identities than the woman in the documentary film Catfish Catfish (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Quick Question:
Has anyone come across dialogue that would indicate Magnotta had actual friends???
(Heck, as far as dialogue, it could be something as simple as exchanged Happy Birthday wall postings on FB or nice to see you jargon on Twitter)

Salem
06-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Otto: I appreciate your passion and perspectives; glad you are part of our effort to sleuth this monster and hopefully assist in leading to his capture.

That being said, I think it is important that we move forward with the idea that it is a fact that the horrific video is genuine. Unless it is debunked by authorities or expert testimony, the video is real.

Our goal is to assist in bringing Luka Rocco Magnotta to justice and speculation about the authenticity of the video does not help us achieve that goal, therefore I propose we end discussion of the authenticity of the video.

The video is central to this case. I'm a little behind so you might have to clarify for me - but if the video does NOT depict the murder victim, then discussion of whether or not it is real is appropriate. However, if the video does depict the victim, then yes, we should lay the discussion to rest until it is verified by LE or MSM. Can you clarify for me, is the viedo of Justin?

Thanks,

Salem

FootballMom
06-03-2012, 12:14 AM
We've come to understand that Luka Magnotta seems to have an internet presence (including more identities than the woman in the documentary film Catfish Catfish (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfish_%28film%29))

Quick Question:
Has anyone come across dialogue that would indicate Magnotta had actual friends???
(Heck, as far as dialogue, it could be something as simple as exchanged Happy Birthday wall postings on FB or nice to see you jargon on Twitter)

I read one of the linked articles where an ex-girlfriend Nina A. was interviewed. She also mentioned LM having a child. I wonder if that has ever been established or if it was another figment of his imagination.

nursebeeme
06-03-2012, 12:15 AM

sorry.. the doors closed fast because there were a lot of :nono: going on in there...

I hope everyone has had the chance to regroup and remember the :tos:

prima.facie
06-03-2012, 12:17 AM
This person was over on the FB group claiming he was making calls to LM....we waiteda and waited for his recording and here it is...

WARNING: for those who may be offended, lots of profanity and some nasty talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fUilIx_rl9E

it is ANNOYING to listen to. the person making the calls is absolutely pathetic...

next, i dont think the person he is calling is LM.....however, who knows.....he can change his voice easily....

....my review....

anyone else listen? its painful to get thru the whole thing, IMO....

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 12:19 AM
The video is central to this case. I'm a little behind so you might have to clarify for me - but if the video does NOT depict the murder victim, then discussion of whether or not it is real is appropriate. However, if the video does depict the victim, then yes, we should lay the discussion to rest until it is verified by LE or MSM. Can you clarify for me, is the viedo of Justin?

Thanks,

Salem

Salem: Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and going above & beyond by being a WS moderator; I for one definitely appreciate the work of you and the other moderators because it allows us to have this forum to do good things in a safe, respectful environment; thank you!

I can confirm both via MSM reports and myself an unfortunate viewer of the horrific video that the video does depict Jun "Justin" Lin.

Salem, I will NEVER be able to erase the image of the victim's facial expression on video after the horrors had been committed; when the authorities named the victim and his photo was released, I had no doubt that the victim in the video is the victim in the photos of Jun in MSM

(It took everything I had but to re-confirm this, I just did another comparison of his image near the end of the video to the photos of Jun; its absolutely 100% him.)

nursebeeme
06-03-2012, 12:20 AM

Thanks,

Salem

The same warrant revealed Magnotta was initially accused of second-degree murder, a lesser charge that still carries a life sentence, but offers more flexibility to a judge when determining parole eligibility. Lafrenière said the warrant charging Magnotta with second-degree murder was issued early in the investigation, while investigators were still at the murder scene. He said a prosecutor later decided to upgrade the charge to first-degree murder after she was shown a disturbing video depicting a man, believed to be Magnotta, committing indignities to a body. The graphic video was posted to a website and has been viewed by many on the Internet.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Luka+Rocco+Magnotta+believed+have+fled+overseas/6710573/story.html#ixzz1whVAU3Bw

---------

BorgQueen
06-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Yes, BorgQueen, contact a mod. Do NOT post about it on the threads.

And thank you for asking. :)

Salem

Thank you for the response! I felt it was an important question to ask, just so everybody, including myself, is clear on that :)

prima.facie
06-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Salem: Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and going above & beyond by being a WS moderator; I for one definitely appreciate the work of you and the other moderators because it allows us to have this forum to do good things in a safe, respectful environment; thank you!

I can confirm both via MSM reports and myself an unfortunate viewer of the horrific video that the video does depict Jun "Justin" Lin.

Salem, I will NEVER be able to erase the image of the victim's facial expression on video after the horrors had been committed; when the authorities named the victim and his photo was released, I had no doubt that the victim in the video is the victim in the photos of Jun in MSM

(It took everything I had but to re-confirm this, I just did another comparison of his image near the end of the video to the photos of Jun; its absolutely 100% him.)

I concur....FWIW

otto
06-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Did they even view it before the brushed it off? Or did they just assume it was fake? Have they said?

Hard to say ... but, as I've said before, unless there was proof that the video production of the kittens, or the murder, could be connected to a specific jurisdiction, I don't think there would be an investigation. Ontario and Quebec humane societies asked bylaw officers to investigate the kitten files, but we've since learned that the files were not produced or uploaded in Ontario or Quebec, so bylaw officers had no authority to do anything. Regarding the murder file ... it was uploaded to a gore site hosted out of Edmonton. Why would authorities in the be interested - especially since some viewers have stated that it appears fake?

Reannan
06-03-2012, 12:23 AM
I was wondering what happened over on the other thread because I couldn't "Quote" anyone! I thought I was in trouble! :truce: I wanted to address the thought that the video was fake. IMHO, it was NOT fake, but I can see how someone would think that. For one thing, it is heavily edited, as I have said all along. The victim is drugged so he is not, and NEVER was, an active participant in what was happening. I believe he had been dead for a while before the ice pick was used to stab him. If the body had been dead for a while, the blood would have begun to settle, and there would be very little 'gore' in terms of the stabbing. The dismemberment part of the video is also very edited. At the very beginning of the video, when the victim is still alive, JRM moves an object from the floor on the right side of the bed - what was it? My first thought when I saw it, was a saw, but then my imagination tends to run away at times. I can't go back and watch it again right now because I just can't.... maybe latter. One last point - the "fat" that was cut from the hip for the cannibal part of the video: I don't think that is fake either. I have been present during an autopsy, and true "fat" is yellow and looks a lot like the fat you see on a chicken from the grocery store, but hip "muscle" is not the same kind of fat. That part looked real to me. I don't think he ate it however.... he lifted the fork just out of camera range and then he called in the little dog. I think the dog had been starved because I don't believe most dogs would have done what this little one did. What a POS JM is... I hate him, and I want him caught so bad!!!!

LadyL
06-03-2012, 12:25 AM
This person was over on the FB group claiming he was making calls to LM....we waiteda and waited for his recording and here it is...

it is ANNOYING to listen to. the person making the calls is absolutely pathetic...

next, i dont think the person he is calling is LM.....however, who knows.....he can change his voice easily....

....my review....

did you notice though how 'Jason' paused when he first picked up ... and there was one point where 'Jason' was trying to say something and the caller kept interrupting him ... that was annoying ... I wanted to hear what 'Jason' had to say

however, I do think they are harrassing the person - he may be connected to Luka but he is NOT Luka IMO and has no connection to the crime

FootballMom
06-03-2012, 12:25 AM

Thanks,

Salem

Hi Salem (been awhile - good to see you!)

LE has confirmed the video is authentic.

I think part of the confusion and debate stems not only from certain aspects of the actual video but also from the interviews conducted inside the apartment with the janitor after LE left. In addition to YT posters claiming it is a set-up or that it isn't real, etc.

If you are curious - look for my first post from today I describe why I initially thought it might not be real as well. Don't worry, I was careful to not be too graphic in order to preserve respect for those that do not want details.

susan1122
06-03-2012, 12:28 AM
He was gorgeous, and sounds like such a sweet man. This is horrific, it should never have happened. :( :( :(
:angel:

He had an inner light.

Karmady
06-03-2012, 12:30 AM
I read one of the linked articles where an ex-girlfriend Nina A. was interviewed. She also mentioned LM having a child. I wonder if that has ever been established or if it was another figment of his imagination.

I haven't seen any dialogue. What I have noticed, though, is that most of his pics are just him and, if they're not, he appears to be with people or animals who are extremely uncomfortable. Most of these pics suggest that the people involved are family members.

On the other hand, I noted, in particular, the pics with the blond toddler. He's holding him and neither of them look uncomfortable. The child is looking right into his face and he is looking back with a "not unpleasant" but maybe "interested" expression. I think the pic was in a museum in Canada. So I'm thinking nephew, maybe.

The ONLY pics I've seen of him and someone who appears to be a "buddy" are the ones linked from the negative review someone left about a personal trainer. A commenter says he went to HS with the trainer and that there was weirdness between them wrt a threesome situation. The pics of are LM and somone in a vehicle, maybe, and they appear to be just kind of hanging out and messing around. They are the only such pics I've seen so far and they jumped out at me. Closest to that are LM with blue eyeshadow at a restuarant table with three other young men. LM is sporting blue eyeshadow and I felt that it was on his trip to England involving the disturbing interaction with a reporter. That pic doesn't seem nearly so casual as the others, though. Presumably the three men were people he had just met and/or didn't know very well. jmo

the seeker
06-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Days later and Im still reading about this guy, following these fast moving threads. I'll go to check something out on you tube regarding this POS and I come back and two more pages have gone by. Anyway, I found it interesting that his Soprano videos, one in particular are all the violent scenes between Christopher and Adrianna, culminating in her death at the end of the video. The song that is playing is "Every Me and Every You" by Placebo. I think the lyrics are interesting as it relates to this sicko. Here they are below:

Every You Every Me"

Sucker love is heaven sent.
You pucker up, our passion's spent.
My hearts a tart, your body's rent.
My body's broken, yours is bent.

Carve your name into my arm.
Instead of stressed, I lie here charmed.
Cuz there's nothing else to do,
Every me and every you.

Sucker love, a box I choose.
No other box I choose to use.
Another love I would abuse,
No circumstances could excuse.

In the shape of things to come.
Too much poison come undone.
Every me and every you.
Every me and every you,
Every Me...he

Sucker love is known to swing.
Prone to cling and waste these things.
Pucker up for heavens sake.
There's never been so much at stake.

I serve my head up on a plate.
It's only comfort, calling late.
Every me and every you.
Every me and every you,
Every Me...he

Every me and every you,
Every Me...he

Like the naked leads the blind.
I know I'm selfish, I'm unkind.
Sucker love I always find,
Someone to bruise and leave behind.

All alone in space and time.
There's nothing here but what here's mine.
Something borrowed, something blue.
Every me and every you.
Every me and every you,
Every Me...he

Every me and every you,
Every Me...he [x4]

Obvious is the head on a plate thing, and leaving someone behind all bruised and broken. But I also find the "every me" aspect interesting as it seems to ring true to him and all the different Identities he has out there. Very strange character.

otto
06-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Interestingly, I believe the opposite. It doesn't matter that he was gay. What matters is how they met. Because it's possible that Luka is going to try again and may try to meet a victim in the same manner.

We know from the craiglist info in the media that Eric Newman was trolling for victims and dates via online pick-up joints. I would hope that the type of people that would meet someone in Eric's field would know to be careful at this time.

prima.facie
06-03-2012, 12:33 AM
I was wondering what happened over on the other thread because I couldn't "Quote" anyone! I thought I was in trouble! :truce: I wanted to address the thought that the video was fake. IMHO, it was NOT fake, but I can see how someone would think that. For one thing, it is heavily edited, as I have said all along. The victim is drugged so he is not, and NEVER was, an active participant in what was happening. I believe he had been dead for a while before the ice pick was used to stab him. If the body had been dead for a while, the blood would have begun to settle, and there would be very little 'gore' in terms of the stabbing. The dismemberment part of the video is also very edited. At the very beginning of the video, when the victim is still alive, JRM moves an object from the floor on the right side of the bed - what was it? My first thought when I saw it, was a saw, but then my imagination tends to run away at times. I can't go back and watch it again right now because I just can't.... maybe latter. One last point - the "fat" that was cut from the hip for the cannibal part of the video: I don't think that is fake either. I have been present during an autopsy, and true "fat" is yellow and looks a lot like the fat you see on a chicken from the grocery store, but hip "muscle" is not the same kind of fat. That part looked real to me. I don't think he ate it however.... he lifted the fork just out of camera range and then he called in the little dog. I think the dog had been starved because I don't believe most dogs would have done what this little one did. What a POS JM is... I hate him, and I want him caught so bad!!!!

i dont have much to add to what you said, but i absolutely agree with you. i too have been present at autopsy for my forensic classes....

Salem
06-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks to everyone for their response. And Hastings - oh my, I didn't mean for you to have to view the video :(

I for one, will not watch. :(

Okay - unless we hear otherwise from LE or MSM, we will work from the assumption that the video is real and won't debate the issue. It seems there are enough facts to lay this discussion to rest and be respectful of the victim.

Thanks,

Salem

Portabella
06-03-2012, 12:38 AM
I haven't seen any dialogue. What I have noticed, though, is that most of his pics are just him and, if they're not, he appears to be with people or animals who are extremely uncomfortable. Most of these pics suggest that the people involved are family members.

On the other hand, I noted, in particular, the pics with the blond toddler. He's holding him and neither of them look uncomfortable. The child is looking right into his face and he is looking back with a "not unpleasant" but maybe "interested" expression. I think the pic was in a museum in Canada. So I'm thinking nephew, maybe.

The ONLY pics I've seen of him and someone who appears to be a "buddy" are the ones linked from the negative review someone left about a personal trainer. A commenter says he went to HS with the trainer and that there was weirdness between them wrt a threesome situation. The pics of are LM and somone in a vehicle, maybe, and they appear to be just kind of hanging out and messing around. They are the only such pics I've seen so far and they jumped out at me. Closest to that are LM with blue eyeshadow at a restuarant table with three other young men. LM is sporting blue eyeshadow and I felt that it was on his trip to England involving the disturbing interaction with a reporter. That pic doesn't seem nearly so casual as the others, though. Presumably the three men were people he had just met and/or didn't know very well. jmo

I cannot remember in which article I read it today, but it was in MSM, that a friend of his that he had lost touch with up until five years ago was shocked by this. Said something must have happened to him that changed him...did anyone else see this? Cannot remember what/which it was. Been doing so much digging and only keeping pertinent materials, just shucking away the garbage, and my lord their is so much of it....

otto
06-03-2012, 12:40 AM

I have no doubt that it is authentic.

prima.facie
06-03-2012, 12:41 AM

i found a pic of him with a woman....he had his arm around her and she was pregnant....

i am not sure the rules here on posting pictures of people who are not the subject.....

if it is ok, i will go find it again and post it....

with that said, the FB group that has been hunting him for 2 years truly believe that he did not father a child....and they seem to completely on top of things...

do dunno...

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 12:42 AM

It seems everyone that has been interviewed by the media knew or dated him briefly circa 5 years ago but none in the last two years.

We haven't heard from anyone (aside from the transsexual ex) who was associated with him (no former Coworkers) when he worked at the strip club.

We have heard from former escort clients via escort review sites, but no one saying they'd hire him again.

With such an enormous web of lies he created on the web, we can't seem to find one person who has had even the most basic human connection (like one happy birthday luka post) with Magnotta in the last two years...

Does this raise a huge red flag to anyone else?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Portabella
06-03-2012, 12:42 AM

....my review....

This is an idiot harrassing some innocent guy...this is not Luka...IMHO

also FYI...anyone can post and help with finding him on the "justice" page, but the gentleman making this call as well as his cohort are not core members. They would never make the call and risk this investigation. IMHO

otto
06-03-2012, 12:44 AM

Thanks,

Salem

"A police source confirmed to La Presse on Thursday evening that Lin is the victim in the case and that he was a student at Concordia University in Montreal.

Police have said the video is authentic. “We have all the reasons to believe it is the killing,” Montreal police Commander Ian Lafrenière said. Police also believe the victim in the video, an Asian male, is the same one whose body parts were sent to Ottawa.

The video was posted May 25 to a Canada-based website that deals with death and gore.

It shows the perpetrator repeatedly stabbing then dismembering the victim. It also appears to depict cannibalism and sexual defiling of the body. "

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1204006--montreal-murder-victim-is-missing-man-from-china-police-say

FootballMom
06-03-2012, 12:44 AM
After watching the video, his underwear audition & the Jimmy interview; I honestly cannot stomach even looking at photos of LM. His cold eyes and overly glossed lips turn my stomach. Seriously.

I've also read where many of them are photoshopped. I would not have a clue as to whether it was an actual photo or one he manufactured to "advertise" his fantasy life.

I'm also scared to death to see any pictures of him with animals. That would send me over the edge. Sounds so strange to say that after watching poor Jun. I guess my mind is still wanting to believe it didn't happen to him because he was already gone. I am grateful that moment was not included.

griffon
06-03-2012, 12:45 AM
I bet his sock puppet accounts will stop making posts on YT for the night. I haven't seen Beavis Butthead account make a post for the last couple hours. This guy is right under our nose, he is still in Canada.

prima.facie
06-03-2012, 12:46 AM
This is an idiot harrassing some innocent guy...this is not Luka...IMHO

i agree completely they are harassing him....
id have to listen to it a number of times then listen to luka interviews to see if it is...but i dont think it is...

Peppermint Pie
06-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Someone on Facebook just brought up this very interesting Craigslist ad posted on the 24th.

http://montreal.fr.craigslist.ca/m4m/3035036102.html

Reannan
06-03-2012, 12:51 AM
It seems everyone that has been interviewed by the media knew or dated him briefly circa 5 years ago but none in the last two years.

We haven't heard from anyone (aside from the transsexual ex) who was associated with him (no former Coworkers) when he worked at the strip club.

We have heard from former escort clients via escort review sites, but no one saying they'd hire him again.

With such an enormous web of lies he created on the web, we can't seem to find one person who has had even the most basic human connection (like one happy birthday luka post) with Magnotta in the last two years...

Does this raise a huge red flag to anyone else?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

BBM - I was trying to discuss this at dinner with my husband. I can't really talk about these kind of cases with my family because they just can't take it. Looking at the pictures we have of LM, and there are TONS of them - almost NONE of them are with anyone else. There is a picture of him at dinner with a group of other young men, but that is photo-shopped. I believe LM was incapable of any sort of truly meaningful relationship. I briefly wondered if he had an account over on IMVU. I deleted my account after the Zahra Baker case, but I don't think LM would have even been able to connect with someone in a virtual world. He is simply devoid of any empathy towards other humans. I do not believe that happens because of bad stuff that happens to someone as a child. I believe that some people are just simply wired wrong.

FootballMom
06-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Someone on Facebook just brought up this very interesting Craigslist ad posted on the 24th.

http://montreal.fr.craigslist.ca/m4m/3035036102.html

Are any of them planning to email him?

Reannan
06-03-2012, 12:56 AM
I bet his sock puppet accounts will stop making posts on YT for the night. I haven't seen Beavis Butthead account make a post for the last couple hours. This guy is right under our nose, he is still in Canada.

Or he is in France, and recovering from jet lag.... he would be several hours ahead if he were in Europe, so the early morning hours before dawn would be a time he might sleep.

Saribella
06-03-2012, 12:58 AM
http://montreal.fr.craigslist.ca/rnr/3054158771.html

Possibly troll?

FootballMom
06-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Well... it isn't exactly evidence he had actual friends but evidently someone was there recently per the neighbor from across the hall:

“The only time I ever heard him speak was about three weeks ago. I was walking in the hallway and his door was ajar. I could hear him talking to another man. He said: ‘Are you going to stay here tonight?’ the other man said: ‘No, I have to go home’,” Payette recalled.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/never+heard+peep+from+neighbour+says+Luka+Magnotta/6704158/story.html#ixzz1whfVXCaG

ynotdivein
06-03-2012, 01:06 AM
What languages does he speak?

I'm thinking, if he was indeed in Paris last weekend, there is the TGV.

Saribella
06-03-2012, 01:07 AM

....my review....

My gut feeling is that he has multiple personality disorder and schizophrenia. Jason is one of his personalities, I can tell with his voice in this below: Luka Rocco Magnotta audition for Cover Guy - YouTube that it sounds like he can change it around. This is my theater acting career kicking in by the way...he says he practiced the "deep voice"

PAXIMUS
06-03-2012, 01:07 AM
BBM - I was trying to discuss this at dinner with my husband. I can't really talk about these kind of cases with my family because they just can't take it. Looking at the pictures we have of LM, and there are TONS of them - almost NONE of them are with anyone else. There is a picture of him at dinner with a group of other young men, but that is photo-shopped. I believe LM was incapable of any sort of truly meaningful relationship. I briefly wondered if he had an account over on IMVU. I deleted my account after the Zahra Baker case, but I don't think LM would have even been able to connect with someone in a virtual world. He is simply devoid of any empathy towards other humans. I do not believe that happens because of bad stuff that happens to someone as a child. I believe that some people are just simply wired wrong.

I think he is mentally ill, batshit crazy and insane even, clinically speaking. The real question, however, is whether he is legally insane or not and that will be up to his lawyers to argue and the judge and doctors to decide. If he is, then he deserves a medical defense, if he isnt, lock him up and throw away the key.

otto
06-03-2012, 01:09 AM
What languages does he speak?

I'm thinking, if he was indeed in Paris last weekend, there is the TGV.

English. He lived in Ontario and doesn't have much of an education. He was expelled in grade 6 for throwing a chair at a teacher and was then homeschooled for a while. He attended a public high school (English). It has also been reported that there was little in terms of boundaries during his upbringing. His parents had him when they were still teenagers.

I doubt he had any opportunity, or drive, to learn a second language.

Portabella
06-03-2012, 01:11 AM
I think he is mentally ill, batshit crazy and insane even, clinically speaking. The real question, however, is whether he is legally insane or not and that will be up to his lawyers to argue and the judge and doctors to decide. If he is, then he deserves a medical defense, if he isnt, lock him up and throw away the key.

In my opinion they should lock him away and throw away the key either way....Whether housed in prison or with the criminally insane, this "man" and I use that term lightly, should never walk the streets again or be able to be in society around other humans or animals. IMHO

FootballMom
06-03-2012, 01:13 AM
Paximus - I think the clinical term you are looking for is "whackadoodle"... in addition to my favorite go to phrase that you referenced; "BSC".

PAXIMUS
06-03-2012, 01:14 AM
In my opinion they should lock him away and throw away the key either way....Whether housed in prison or with the criminally insane, this "man" and I use that term lightly, should never walk the streets again or be able to be in society around other humans or animals. IMHO

Well on the face of it I agree but I would be ethically and professionally remiss to jump to such a conclusion without knowing all the facts.

But yea, I get you.

ynotdivein
06-03-2012, 01:16 AM
English. He lived in Ontario and doesn't have much of an education. He was expelled in grade 6 for throwing a chair at a teacher and was then homeschooled for a while. He attended a public high school (English). It has also been reported that there was little in terms of boundaries during his upbringing. His parents had him when they were still teenagers.

I doubt he had any opportunity, or drive, to learn a second language.

Thanks Otto. IMO this cuts down on his "international man of intrigue" facade, as in order to flee to a foreign country and blend seamlessly, one might want to have at least a conversational command of the language. Maybe???

otto
06-03-2012, 01:19 AM
My gut feeling is that he has multiple personality disorder and schizophrenia. Jason is one of his personalities, I can tell with his voice in this below: Luka Rocco Magnotta audition for Cover Guy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tsn9jrQb70) that it sounds like he can change it around. This is my theater acting career kicking in by the way...he says he practiced the "deep voice"

Memory gaps are a symptom of a dissociative identity disorder (DID), previously known as multiple personality disorder. Does Eric Newman have memory gaps, or does he really enjoy toying with people?

Saribella
06-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Thanks Otto. IMO this cuts down on his "international man of intrigue" facade, as in order to flee to a foreign country and blend seamlessly, one might want to have at least a conversational command of the language. Maybe???

If he's going to somewhere like France, I am sure he has had it covered with the Canadian educational system. I could be wrong but don't they teach it bilingually up there? I would have to ask my boyfriend (full Canadian) for information on that.

prima.facie
06-03-2012, 01:21 AM

there are a number of pictures of him with others....and they arent photoshoped either.

otto
06-03-2012, 01:22 AM

It's my understanding that he lived in Montreal for the last four months, but he could have managed with English. He may know some Quebec French, but that is quite different from France French. I think he will stand out as someone that doesn't belong in any non-English speaking country and England.

girlinblue
What a tool.

That's all I can say after watching that clip.

My gut feeling is that he has multiple personality disorder and schizophrenia. Jason is one of his personalities, I can tell with his voice in this below: Luka Rocco Magnotta audition for Cover Guy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tsn9jrQb70) that it sounds like he can change it around. This is my theater acting career kicking in by the way...he says he practiced the "deep voice"

Gypsy Road
I don't think he's insane. He knows exactly what he's doing. He plans it, enjoys it, and then sits back and laughs as everyone is horrified. He's not mentally ill in the legal sense. He's just plain EVIL.

prima.facie
06-03-2012, 01:23 AM

thanks for posting that...
i was going to listen to the recording again...then listen to interviews with him. one listen is not enough to make a determination for me...

HeinekenMan
06-03-2012, 01:23 AM

Plus, we don't actually know whether he has been all of the places that he has claimed to visit. The folks who have been chasing him for animal cruelty reasons have proven that some of his photos are fakes. He has Shopped his photo in to replace the face of another person. He did this in one shot where there are four men sitting at a restaurant booth. My guess is that many of the photos of him in front of tourist landmarks also are fakes.

Saribella
06-03-2012, 01:24 AM
It's my understanding that he lived in Montreal for the last four months, but he could have managed with English. He may know some Quebec French, but that is quite different from France French. I think he will stand out as someone that doesn't belong in any non-English speaking country and England.

My boyfriend is from Halifax and he says that the basic and conversationalist French is required up til high school. Not sure about Ontario locales though, but that's from Nova Scotia's education.

Portabella
06-03-2012, 01:25 AM
I don't think he's insane. He knows exactly what he's doing. He plans it, enjoys it, and then sits back and laughs as everyone is horrified. He's not mentally ill in the legal sense. He's just plain EVIL.

I agree...Raw evil

girlinblue
06-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Okay, so how's this work?

I've never actually traveled anywhere. I'm clueless. One of the articles mentions that a flight was booked in his real name, but that he wasn't on board when police raided the flight when it landed. Would that imply that the ticket was checked in, as the person boarded?

I guess what I'm asking is, don't they know if a ticket was bought but not used?

Because the presumption is that he's back in Canada because of this.

prima.facie
06-03-2012, 01:26 AM
thanks for posting that...
i was going to listen to the recording again...then listen to interviews with him. one listen is not enough to make a determination for me...

ok im listening to them side by side....im becoming more convinced it is him towards the end...when they get in their argument...

still listening, becoming more convinced....

elepher50
06-03-2012, 01:27 AM
67 degrees in Paris and an 80% chance of rain - let's hope that somebody slips and falls flat on their hiney.

Rest peacefully Lin (Justin) and may godspeed your family's journey to Canada. May they find the courage and strength to get through these next few days. May justice be served and may it be swift and utterly severe.

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 01:28 AM
According to XTra! (http://www.xtra.ca/public/National/Details_emerge_about_Luka_Magnotta-12083.aspx) (Canada's Gay & Lesbian News), a publication that has been top-notch in breaking accurate details on this horrific case, A video was uploaded to Youtube on May 31, that bears the hallmarks of those made made by the man wanted in Lin's murder, Luka Magnotta. "I think Luka is being framed by the insane agent that he fired - who has been stalking him for years," the caption reads in part.

I bring up this video in this new thread because:

1. The video was uploaded on May 31 using the Beavis Butthead YouTube account AND that same user has uploaded additional videos related to this horrific incident in the last 4 hours (Here is Beavis Butthead's YouTube profile: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc37CtjNQHaX1o10AJ0Uoiw) Note the video referred to in the XTra! article is simply titled luka magnotta and you can find it on the profile page I've linked to.

2. For a couple years postings related to Luka refer to "the insane agent that he fired" however the name of the agent is NEVER mentioned which raises a HUGE RED FLAG for me.

Has anyone uncovered the name of "the insane agent that he fired"???

Saribella
06-03-2012, 01:28 AM
67 degrees in Paris and an 80% chance of rain - let's hope that somebody slips and falls flat on their hiney.

Rest peacefully Lin (Justin) and may godspeed your family's journey to Canada. May they find the courage and strength to get through these next few days. May justice be served and may it be swift and utterly severe.

I'm praying to every God and Goddess around for that last sentence.

otto
06-03-2012, 01:29 AM
If he's going to somewhere like France, I am sure he has had it covered with the Canadian educational system. I could be wrong but don't they teach it bilingually up there? I would have to ask my boyfriend (full Canadian) for information on that.

French used to be a mandatory language in schools across Canada after grade 3, but over the years many things have changed. Around here, it's no longer mandatory ... barely optional. In fact, there are so many cultures blending into Canada that many other language instruction schools exist to provide education in culturally friendly environments. Children can attend a Catholic School, Public School, French Immersion School, Muslim School, Spanish, Chinese or Arabic Immersion school ... it's pretty much anything goes now. Even if French classes were mandatory when Eric was in school (born 1982), there's no reason to believe he speaks Quebec French. Of all the people that did have French language instruction in school, only a handful actually learned anything.

otto
06-03-2012, 01:31 AM
My boyfriend is from Halifax and he says that the basic and conversationalist French is required up til high school. Not sure about Ontario locales though, but that's from Nova Scotia's education.

Is he fluent in French? In any case, conversational Quebec french is not the same language as France french.

Saribella
06-03-2012, 01:33 AM
http://luka-magnotta.com/?page_id=98

Could this explain why he sent the pieces to PM Harper and other figureheads?

otto
06-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Okay, so how's this work?

I've never actually traveled anywhere. I'm clueless. One of the articles mentions that a flight was booked in his real name, but that he wasn't on board when police raided the flight when it landed. Would that imply that the ticket was checked in, as the person boarded?

I guess what I'm asking is, don't they know if a ticket was bought but not used?

Because the presumption is that he's back in Canada because of this.

He had booked a flight from Paris to Montreal under the name Luka Magnotta. Canadian authorities were on the plane and scrutinized every passenger in case he was disguised. He was not on the plane. It may have been a round trip ticket.

HeinekenMan
06-03-2012, 01:35 AM
I just found a Miami message board where Luca posted in 2010. He claimed to be a new Miami resident. When the news broke, a few people recalled him posting a short introduction. A moderator stated that his IP address at the time of his posts was actually Toronto. It doesn't really sound like he was blocking his IP back in 2010. Does it?

http://forums.miamibeach411.com/general-discussion/7346-strong-self-esteem-luka-magnotta-2010-a.html

PinkiGreen
06-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Looks like the beavis YouTube channel is gone. I keep getting invalid user id.

ETA: guess I put some sort of parental control that's preventing me from seeing that channel. Probably for the best.

Saribella
06-03-2012, 01:37 AM

It still comes up for me.

Gypsy Road
He had booked a flight from Paris to Montreal under the name Luka Magnotta. Canadian authorities were on the plane and scrutenized every passenger in case he was disguised. He was not on the plane. It may have been a round trip ticket.

So wait, he BOUGHT a ticket but never boarded the plane?

girlinblue
He had booked a flight from Paris to Montreal under the name Luka Magnotta. Canadian authorities were on the plane and scrutenized every passenger in case he was disguised. He was not on the plane. It may have been a round trip ticket.

Which makes sense. But I guess I'm assuming that you have to check in, round trip or not. So did someone check in with that ticket? Don't you have to go up to a counter and say, I'M HERE FOR MY FLIGHT, and they put the information in? Or is this my Americanized cinematic perception? LOL

HastingsChi

This one seems to be working: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc37CtjNQHaX1o10AJ0Uoiw

elepher50
06-03-2012, 01:38 AM

LRM is able to get around conversationally in English, French and Russian or so he says in his profiles that I have viewed. He is quite versatile and has an IQ of 165 - this from his own information provided on the internet.

Unfortunately in his profession there isn't a whole lot of talking required. These language skills that he acquired may have become quite rusty over the years (and he isn't getting any younger).

PinkiGreen
06-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Hmmm. Weird. Maybe I should just go to bed LOL. :what: Thanks.

otto
06-03-2012, 01:39 AM
So wait, he BOUGHT a ticket but never boarded the plane?

He did not return to Canada from Paris on a flight that he had booked. It could have been the return portion of a round trip ticket.

Portabella
06-03-2012, 01:40 AM

still up, just checked...

Gypsy Road
06-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Which makes sense. But I guess I'm assuming that you have to check in, round trip or not. So did someone check in with that ticket? Don't you have to go up to a counter and say, I'M HERE FOR MY FLIGHT, and they put the information in? Or is this my Americanized cinematic perception? LOL

Most people I assume purchase E tickets, but you still have to check in, show your i.d. yada yada yada. You then have to show ID and ticket again through security.

otto
06-03-2012, 01:41 AM

That information wasn't included in the article ... only that investigators were on the plane and super-verified everyone's credentials to ensure that Eric Newman wasn't returning to Canada in disguise. There was a reservation in his name, he was not on the plane.

Portabella
06-03-2012, 01:43 AM
My friend visited me from England two years ago, she only needed a passport. She is coming in three weeks, she now needs a VISA....Did he need a VISA to travel with the new regs? Just curious if anyone knows???? TIA

Saribella
06-03-2012, 01:44 AM
That information wasn't included in the article ... only that investigators were on the plane and super-verified everyone's credentials to ensure that Eric Newman wasn't returning to Canada in disguise. There was a reservation in his name, he was not on the plane.

Could he be under a new alias?

otto
06-03-2012, 01:44 AM
LRM is able to get around conversationally in English, French and Russian or so he says in his profiles that I have viewed. He is quite versatile and has an IQ of 165 - this from his own information provided on the internet.

Unfortunately in his profession there isn't a whole lot of talking required. These language skills that he acquired may have become quite rusty over the years (and he isn't getting any younger).

I checked some of the German language text that he had on his .com website. It was English put through a google translator into German ... not written in German. He thinks everyone is stupid, so he used google translator to convert English to other languages. He probably didn't realize that the end result is a mess of words that barely resemble the original text.

Only Eric Newman claims that he has a high IQ ... and Eric Newman's word isn't worth anything.

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 01:45 AM
I found something in the Beavis Butthead YouTube history which leads me to believe Beavis Butthead is NOT Luka Magnotta but actually some random attention seeker who is trying to pose as Luka:

On this feed of Beavis Butthead's history he comments on a video titled "Howard Stern: Howard makes Psychologist Woman Cry :)" The reason I point this out is that Beavis Butthead's comments reflect those of someone very familiar with the Howard Stern - Don Imus history and likely an avid listener of both for years.

In my opinion, this little nugget allows me to confidently state: Beavis Butthead is NOT Luka Magnotta

Gypsy Road
06-03-2012, 01:45 AM
What about his passport? Any mention of that? You need a passport to fly into France from Canada. Did he go through customs in Paris for sure?

otto
06-03-2012, 01:46 AM
My friend visited me from England two years ago, she only needed a passport. She is coming in three weeks, she now needs a VISA....Did he need a VISA to travel with the new regs? Just curious if anyone knows???? TIA

Canadians don't need a visa to travel to England or France ... or very many other countries. Russia has always required visas, as has Cuba.

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 01:48 AM

I read on the Internet (so it must be true LOL) that Luka originally reported his IQ was 265 before someone pointed out that the IQ score range doesn't go that high...

And, if watching Rocky 4 twice gives one the ability to get around conversationally in Russian; then I think I can add another language to my skill set...

Here's to hoping I just made all of you chuckle during this tense time

otto
06-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Could he be under a new alias?

He would need a passport to get on a plane leaving Europe ... and he would need a passport to enter countries outside of western Europe. He's more or less stuck in Western Europe for now ... unless he can get a fake passport. It sounds like he hadn't thought that far ahead in his "how to disappear" master plan if he was traveling under his Luka name.

Karmady
06-03-2012, 01:49 AM
i found a pic of him with a woman....he had his arm around her and she was pregnant....

i am not sure the rules here on posting pictures of people who are not the subject.....

if it is ok, i will go find it again and post it....

with that said, the FB group that has been hunting him for 2 years truly believe that he did not father a child....and they seem to completely on top of things...

do dunno...

Yes, that pic is one of the uncomfortables I was referring to. He tends to put his arm, invariably, around family members in his photos. Whether they like it or not. I speculate that this person is a family member of some sort. She looks like she'd rather be just about anywhere else. Truly bizarre that almost all of the photos of people taken with his arm around them just clearly don't want to be there. It's not even that they're not smiling, as one might expect if they're not particularly close or indifferent. They seem to be in actual distress.

otto
06-03-2012, 01:52 AM
What about his passport? Any mention of that? You need a passport to fly into France from Canada. Did he go through customs in Paris for sure?

I suspect that is how investigators were able to quickly determine that he had flown to Paris ... he probably booked a round trip flight under the Luka Magnotta passport. I really think that he expected the suitcase to be taken away by the garbage collectors and that he could return after a week in Paris and carry on as before. Without the suitcase, this could have been a big mystery of body parts in the mail and no connection to a victim, a crime scene, or Eric Newman.

He could not have entered France on a Canadian flight without a passport.

Cubby
06-03-2012, 01:53 AM
im not sure how to post quotes from another thread, still new here..

Respectfully snipped. Unsure if this has been answered. I'm not caught up..

Quoting can not be done from closed threads. What I do is copy and paste, including the members name and then just add the quote manually from the quote box/icon in the post.

Am kind of tired but wanted to reply as we have many new members here. Welcome again to the newbies! :welcome:

hth

PinkiGreen
06-03-2012, 01:56 AM
I haven't watched the video (and I'm not gonna) and I'm wondering, can you not see LRM's face? TIA!

otto
06-03-2012, 01:58 AM
I haven't watched the video (and I'm not gonna) and I'm wondering, can you not see LRM's face? TIA!

I haven't seen it, but apparently police are able to identify both Eric Newman and the victim in the video. It's been authenticated by police.

ynotdivein
06-03-2012, 01:58 AM
So based on what we know of his schooling, he can speak Canadian-inflected English and perhaps Canadian-inflected French. But not Spanish, or any of the Russian dialects. This is helpful info.

adhmark
06-03-2012, 02:03 AM

You'd need your passport for any international travel. Usually leaving from Canada you go through a little pseudo-customs in the airport, if they don't have that, then when you get off the plane you are corralled and are sent immediately through customs, there are no emergency exits or any other escape routes.

I doubt he ever left Canada, he certainly never made his return flight back, but it appears as if he's still here. He probably (thinking he's so clever) bought those tickets as a diversion, he's not as clever as he thinks he is...

Actually, I do have a bit of suspicion he made the first flight (to possibly TO or Denver) but intentionally missed the connecting flight to France. Any mention of what flight he had tickets booked for anywhere in the media?

BorgQueen
06-03-2012, 02:04 AM
According to XTra! (http://www.xtra.ca/public/National/Details_emerge_about_Luka_Magnotta-12083.aspx) (Canada's Gay & Lesbian News), a publication that has been top-notch in breaking accurate details on this horrific case, A video was uploaded to Youtube on May 31, that bears the hallmarks of those made made by the man wanted in Lin's murder, Luka Magnotta. "I think Luka is being framed by the insane agent that he fired - who has been stalking him for years," the caption reads in part.

I bring up this video in this new thread because:

1. The video was uploaded on May 31 using the Beavis Butthead YouTube account AND that same user has uploaded additional videos related to this horrific incident in the last 4 hours (Here is Beavis Butthead's YouTube profile: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc37CtjNQHaX1o10AJ0Uoiw) Note the video referred to in the XTra! article is simply titled luka magnotta and you can find it on the profile page I've linked to.

2. For a couple years postings related to Luka refer to "the insane agent that he fired" however the name of the agent is NEVER mentioned which raises a HUGE RED FLAG for me.

Has anyone uncovered the name of "the insane agent that he fired"???

I am a bit behind, sorry, perhaps somebody else has answered this... but it is quite simple. There never was an agent. He was never a model. He was never a porn *star*. Those were his goals, his dreams, but he failed. Nobody wanted him... look at him! He was constantly rejected. His dream career never took off. I doubt any agent would have picked him up. It is just a fantasy in his head, trying to make himself seem important. While I haven't watched these porn 'videos', others have and they have been described as low quality home videos. All of his "modelling" photos are self portraits, set up with a tripod, or on a table, then heavily photoshopped to remove flaws. He never was what he claimed to be. He wanted fame and attention, and never really got it.
So, after my little rant (sorry, drinking at this point lol)... my conclusion is that he doesn't have a crazy agent. He never even had an agent in the first place. It is all in his head. He wishes to be important.... and he never has been.

:moo:

Portabella
06-03-2012, 02:05 AM
I suspect that is how investigators were able to quickly determine that he had flown to Paris ... he probably booked a round trip flight under the Luka Magnotta passport. I really think that he expected the suitcase to be taken away by the garbage collectors and that he could return after a week in Paris and carry on as before. Without the suitcase, this could have been a big mystery of body parts in the mail and no connection to a victim, a crime scene, or Eric Newman.

The only flaw in this is....Why would he leave the crime scene a bloody mess, and body parts in the fridge. I would think he would have scoured it before leaving, cleaning as much as he could.... I just don't think he planned on returning to that apartment...IMHO

HeinekenMan
06-03-2012, 02:12 AM
As someone else mentioned, he may have caught a flight to France that had a layover in Toronto, and he could have remained in Toronto. What I find interesting in all of this is that the one person who might be able to establish his whereabouts is the taxi driver who took him away from an airport or a car rental worker. I would be talking to every taxi driver in Toronto and Paris.

otto
06-03-2012, 02:13 AM
So based on what we know of his schooling, he can speak Canadian-inflected English and perhaps Canadian-inflected French. But not Spanish, or any of the Russian dialects. This is helpful info.

I don't believe he speaks any languages other than English. Quebec french originated a few hundred years ago when the French came to Canada. The language has evolved, over time, into it's own language. France french also changed over the centuries. I learned France french starting at the age of 4 and then studied it in school throughout my childhood. I traveled to Quebec at the age of 16 and absolutely could not communicate with people in Quebec, not even to get something to eat. From Quebec, I traveled to France and could communicate with people. Eric may have picked up a couple of words here and there if he travelled, but I doubt he can discuss anything beyond tricks and drugs. He was reportedly a meth addict at some point. If he still has that addiction, he will be looking for drugs.

snoofer
06-03-2012, 02:14 AM
You'd need your passport for any international travel. Usually leaving from Canada you go through a little pseudo-customs in the airport, if they don't have that, then when you get off the plane you are corralled and are sent immediately through customs, there are no emergency exits or any other escape routes.

I doubt he ever left Canada, he certainly never made his return flight back, but it appears as if he's still here. He probably (thinking he's so clever) bought those tickets as a diversion, he's not as clever as he thinks he is...

Actually, I do have a bit of suspicion he made the first flight (to possibly TO or Denver) but intentionally missed the connecting flight to France. Any mention of what flight he had tickets booked for anywhere in the media?

he would get his passport stamped going to Denver. I think he never left Canada as well.:moo:

girlinblue
06-03-2012, 02:14 AM

Actually, no. He wears a dark hoodie with the hood up, and never shows his face. But that means nothing next to all the other evidence authenticating it, IMO.

PAXIMUS
06-03-2012, 02:15 AM
His face cannot be seen in the video but there are some other possible identifiable objects/marks, the police have only said they believe it is him in the video there is no way to be absolutely certain yet. I personally do not have any doubt although professionally speaking I would have no problem creating reasonable doubt in front of my jury.

I watched it.

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 02:16 AM
I am a bit behind, sorry, perhaps somebody else has answered this... but it is quite simple. There never was an agent. He was never a model. He was never a porn *star*. Those were his goals, his dreams, but he failed. Nobody wanted him... look at him! He was constantly rejected. His dream career never took off. I doubt any agent would have picked him up. It is just a fantasy in his head, trying to make himself seem important. While I haven't watched these porn 'videos', others have and they have been described as low quality home videos. All of his "modelling" photos are self portraits, set up with a tripod, or on a table, then heavily photoshopped to remove flaws. He never was what he claimed to be. He wanted fame and attention, and never really got it.
So, after my little rant (sorry, drinking at this point lol)... my conclusion is that he doesn't have a crazy agent. He never even had an agent in the first place. It is all in his head. He wishes to be important.... and he never has been.

Thanks for your thoughts BorgQueen; I definitely appreciate your insights. :-)

There are a couple things I want to mention to note to highlight factual info:
1) If you'd like, I'd be happy to produce a list of gay porn titles that Luka Magnotta appeared in.

2) I'm confident I can locate details of actual modeling Magnotta has done-- not anything he'd be going to Fashion Week to do the runway for but minor stuff (I know for sure he did a couple gay porn magazines and know he was featured as a model in Xtra! Canada's Gay & Lesbian news; but think there are others)

The agent is such a constant "storyline" in his ramblings that it baffles me that the agent has not (to my knowledge) been named.

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 02:17 AM
His face cannot be seen in the video but there are some other possible identifiable objects/marks, the police have only said they believe it is him in the video there is no way to be absolutely certain yet. I personally do not have any doubt although professionally speaking I would have no problem creating reasonable doubt in front of my jury.

I watched it.

Paximus, I think that the appearance of "Little Luka" as well as Magnotta's hands would allow him to be identified beyond a reasonable doubt.

otto
06-03-2012, 02:18 AM
The only flaw in this is....Why would he leave the crime scene a bloody mess, and body parts in the fridge. I would think he would have scoured it before leaving, cleaning as much as he could.... I just don't think he planned on returning to that apartment...IMHO

Why would he bother cleaning up? He was paid up on the rent and there was no reason for anyone to enter his apartment. Wasn't there a leg in the fridge? Why put it in the fridge if not to have it when he returned. In terms of cleaning up, he had put a bloody mattress out for garbage pickup ... and the torso in the suitcase. I don't think he expected anyone to find the suitcase, so no one would have any reason to enter his apartment. He could clean up when he returned.

ynotdivein
06-03-2012, 02:18 AM
The purported agent is not a POI in this case so please let's leave him or her out of it until such time as s/he is named by MSM.

otto
06-03-2012, 02:19 AM
As someone else mentioned, he may have caught a flight to France that had a layover in Toronto, and he could have remained in Toronto. What I find interesting in all of this is that the one person who might be able to establish his whereabouts is the taxi driver who took him away from an airport or a car rental worker. I would be talking to every taxi driver in Toronto and Paris.

If the ticket he had was from Paris to Montreal, I suspect that it was a roundtrip ticket from Montreal - Paris and Paris - Montreal. I doubt that the hitch-hiking story is true ... unless ... he never got on the plane in the first place.

PinkiGreen
06-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Actually, no. He wears a dark hoodie with the hood up, and never shows his face. But that means nothing next to all the other evidence authenticating it, IMO.

Oh I have no doubt its him, I just thought it odd someone claiming he was framed by an imaginary agent when there's video.

I just hope he's caught soon. It makes me uneasy knowing he's out there somewhere. :screwy:

Gypsy Road
06-03-2012, 02:20 AM

I think you are right. I don't think he banked on the suitcase being found. Until he finds a way to get a fake passport I guess his murdering arse is stuck in France. I don't think you can travel from country to country in Europe without a passport these days can you? That was my experience a few years ago anyway.

If your theory is right, I wonder where he was going to return to in Canada? Did he leave any personal belongings in that apartment he was living in I wonder?

BorgQueen
06-03-2012, 02:21 AM

Bouncing off this post.

About Canadian French. It is indeed taught in Canadian public schools. It is mandatory, but extremely basic, unless a parent puts a child in French Immersion (which I intend to do with my daughter, if possible).
I dropped out of school in grade 9 (bullies... yay. Although, I have my GED, which is a diploma that shows that one could have graduated had they went through... but anyway, French isn't part of that). I can not speak fluent French, nor can I pronounce what I know properly. Sometimes, I can kind of understand it a little bit (not much). I can read enough French that I can understand what something is about, even if I don't know every word. I can get the general idea. I grew up in southern Ontario, about a 45minute-1hour drive from Toronto and Scarborough. In grade 9, I went to a trade school, and French was not part of the curriculum.

Based on my personal experience, Eric Newman would NOT know enough French to pass in France. And from what I have read about the differences between Canadian French and European French, while they can understand each other, A Francophone in France would be able to tell if a person is speaking Canadian French. It comes off as 'uneducated'. He would stand out in France like a sore thumb, even if he was fluent, which is unlikely.

Just my opinion. :twocents: :moo:

otto
06-03-2012, 02:25 AM
I think you are right. I don't think he banked on the suitcase being found. Until he finds a way to get a fake passport I guess his murdering arse is stuck in France. I don't think you can travel from country to country in Europe without a passport these days can you? That was my experience a few years ago anyway.

If your theory is right, I wonder where he was going to return to in Canada? Did he leave any personal belongings in that apartment he was living in I wonder?

After the EEC (European Economic Community) became the EU (European Union), the borders between Western European countries were more or less opened up ... not much need for a passport when traveling between Western European countries.

I have to wonder what he had for personal belongings ... other than a computer, camera and clothes ... I doubt he owned much of anything. It was a furnished apartment.

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 02:26 AM

HeinekenMan you raise some wonderful points; thank you!

I would like to understand how the Canadian air security and flight manifests differs from what is required of flights originating in the United States; for example:

1. Does law enforcement always have access to the manifests/passenger lists of all flights originating in Canada the same way US federal authorities can search any US originating flight 24/7?

2. Will flights originating in Canada take off if a passenger has "checked-in" themselves and baggage but not boarded the flight? (In the US your baggage is pulled if you're not in your seat on that flight)

3. Is it true that Canadian citizens do NOT need to use a passport/go through customs when traveling to the United Kingdom or France? (If true: (a) Are Canadian identification documents easily forged/manipulated? (b) How strict is Canadian airport security in making sure the ID and the individual are one in the same?)

PAXIMUS
06-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Paximus, I think that the appearance of "Little Luka" as well as Magnotta's hands would allow him to be identified beyond a reasonable doubt.

Possible, there is also a gold ring that can be seen in the video and other pics of him. It would all depend on how skillful the lawyers trying the case are, the state will have the very nice advantage of a prejudiced, inflamed and impassioned jury once they show them the video so it may not matter anyway. And although it is quite out of character for me since I am in the defense profession, it probably shouldnt matter much in this case. That is a rare thing for me to say!

Gypsy Road
06-03-2012, 02:28 AM
If the ticket he had was from Paris to Montreal, I suspect that it was a roundtrip ticket from Montreal - Paris and Paris - Montreal. I doubt that the hitch-hiking story is true ... unless ... he never got on the plane in the first place.

But authorities would know whether or not he got on that plane wouldn't they? His arrival into France would be documented through customs, no?

otto
06-03-2012, 02:32 AM

I would like to understand how the Canadian air security and flight manifests differs from what is required of flights originating in the United States; for example:

1. Does law enforcement always have access to the manifests/passenger lists of all flights originating in Canada the same way US federal authorities can search any US originating flight 24/7?

2. Will flights originating in Canada take off if a passenger has "checked-in" themselves and baggage but not boarded the flight? (In the US your baggage is pulled if you're not in your seat on that flight)

3. Is it true that Canadian citizens do NOT need to use a passport/go through customs when traveling to the United Kingdom or France? (If true: (a) Are Canadian identification documents easily forged/manipulated? (b) How strict is Canadian airport security in making sure the ID and the individual are one in the same?)

Montreal is between Toronto and Paris, so why would he have a flight to Toronto? It seems to me that a flight may go from Toronto to Montreal to Paris, but not from Montreal to Toronto to Paris. That would be like going backwards first.

Passengers have to board if they're checked in ... I doubt a flight would leave with luggage but no passengers, especially after the Air India explosion.

Canadians need a passport to leave the country by air ... and they need a passport to enter England and France.

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 02:33 AM
The purported agent is not a POI in this case so please let's leave him or her out of it until such time as s/he is named by MSM.

I agree that the former agent (if one exists) is NOT a POI in this case, however this agent, real or fake, has been the focus of Magnotta's rage for years and I would suggest that his or her name would allow us to obtain more critical info related to Magnotta which could be crucial in helping the authorities capture the monster that is Magnotta.

If you disagree ynotdivein, I absolutely stand by your decision and not mention this again. I definitely respect your judgement and thank you for your dedication to creating a inclusive, open environment for us here on WS.

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughtful feedback.

otto
06-03-2012, 02:33 AM
But authorities would know whether or not he got on that plane wouldn't they? His arrival into France would be documented through customs, no?

I think he would have been registered as entering France ... which is probably why Canadian authorities have said that he flew to Paris

"By the time body parts of the man he is alleged to have killed were discovered in the mail in Ottawa and behind his Montreal apartment, Luka Rocco Magnotta was already on the other side of the Atlantic, police say.

The former model and escort at the centre of an international manhunt for a killing and dismemberment fled Canada for Paris on May 25, the day the killing took place."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/05/31/luka-rocco-magnotta-paris/

snoofer
06-03-2012, 02:36 AM

what is with the kissy kissy pucker faces he keeps making? :what:

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 02:37 AM
Montreal is between Toronto and Paris, so why would he have a flight to Toronto? It seems to me that a flight may go from Toronto to Montreal to Paris, but not from Montreal to Toronto to Paris. That would be like going backwards first.

Passengers have to board if they're checked in ... I doubt a flight would leave with luggage but no passengers, especially after the Air India explosion.

Canadians need a passport to leave the country by air ... and they need a passport to enter England and France.

Are Canadian passports digitized; meaning hypothetically if I were Canadian and went to Germany this morning would Canadian government officials be able to type my name into the passport agency's computer and based on the hypothetical scan of my passport entering Germany this morning know immediately where my Canadian passport was last used?

prima.facie
06-03-2012, 02:37 AM

"little luka" :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

...tis true though

Cubby
06-03-2012, 02:40 AM

OK, here a subject I was hoping was touched upon while catching up.

I'm over tired with lot's of questions so please bare with me here...

I haven't seen this discussed. What layovers would exist and in what cities on flights between Montreal and Paris?

I'm hung up on this flight to Paris and alleged "confirmed"? sighting is a red herring.

I'm stuck on the comment he wanted a child to mummify. If it's typically rainy and humid in Paris, and if he were to seek another victim, it would have to be in an arid region.

We had a little bit of a discussion on the mummification of human remains in Bob Harrod's thread. In that discussion/research, we uncovered some MSM regarding a former playboy model (an elderly woman) who was missing and found in her CA apartment mummified.

The little we were able to uncover, the time for the mummification process to occur was at min 4 mo's and iirc 9-12 mo's.

Is it possible he went to an arid region? If he researched the human mummification process, I fear he may already be seeking the next victim to the length of time the mummification process takes.

Should be looking for possible arid regions which correlate with lay overs between Montreal and Paris? I can't help but think he exited the plane at a layover and booked another flight under another name to an arid region.

Night all. I am waaaay to tired to continue reading or posting.

Hoping to wake up to news he has been captured. :please:

Batman911
06-03-2012, 02:41 AM
I can't understand why this video is not much discussed here.

Calling Luka Magnotta's Alleged Phone Number - YouTube

A nobody has been able de speak with Luka Magnotta. And the police cannot find him? WTF?

If you go to 5:00 till 6:16, it's clearly him. Without any doubt, it's Luka Magnotta on the phone.

So, now we know he still have a cellphone with him. One that he probably got from a long time. And he responds to it. He's still in contact with the people he knows.

otto
06-03-2012, 02:42 AM

I think that's what aspiring models do to make their cheekbones appear more prominent ... make them more photogenic. It looks pretty weird ... but it seems to be a popular expression these days.

otto
06-03-2012, 02:44 AM
Are Canadian passports digitized; meaning hypothetically if I were Canadian and went to Germany this morning would Canadian government officials be able to type my name into the passport agency's computer and based on the hypothetical scan of my passport entering Germany this morning know immediately where my Canadian passport was last used?

Canadian passports have a barcode, so I suspect that the answer is yes.

Saribella
06-03-2012, 02:45 AM
I think that's what aspiring models do to make their cheekbones appear more prominent ... make them more photogenic. It looks pretty weird ... but it seems to be a popular expression these days.

The Zoolander, as I call it :floorlaugh: :skip:

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Good god he isnt that small LOL. Not large but about average isnt it, not that I have seen many to compare to.

Think they will make him whip it out in court for comparison? I would.

Some of his escort reviews mentioned that "Little Luka" (my term, not theirs) didn't go to the lengths that they had been led to believe...

otto
06-03-2012, 02:48 AM
OK, here a subject I was hoping was touched upon while catching up.

I'm over tired with lot's of questions so please bare with me here...

I haven't seen this discussed. What layovers would exist and in what cities on flights between Montreal and Paris?

I'm hung up on this flight to Paris and alleged "confirmed"? sighting is a red herring.

I'm stuck on the comment he wanted a child to mummify. If it's typically rainy and humid in Paris, and if he were to seek another victim, it would have to be in an arid region.

We had a little bit of a discussion on the mummification of human remains in Bob Harrod's thread. In that discussion/research, we uncovered some MSM regarding a former playboy model (an elderly woman) who was missing and found in her CA apartment mummified.

The little we were able to uncover, the time for the mummification process to occur was at min 4 mo's and iirc 9-12 mo's.

Is it possible he went to an arid region? If he researched the human mummification process, I fear he may already be seeking the next victim to the length of time the mummification process takes.

Should be looking for possible arid regions which correlate with lay overs between Montreal and Paris? I can't help but think he exited the plane at a layover and booked another flight under another name to an arid region.

Night all. I am waaaay to tired to continue reading or posting.

Hoping to wake up to news he has been captured. :please:

He could book a non-stop flight ... and there would not be any layovers. The only possible stops would be London or Amsterdam, but if he got off the plane in either of those locations, he would have gone through customs. It seems that Canadian authorities believe he flew to Paris.

griffon
06-03-2012, 02:48 AM

I'm pretty sure he would need a French visa as well, I could be mistaken.

otto
06-03-2012, 02:49 AM
The Zoolander, as I call it :floorlaugh: :skip:

That's it!

adhmark
06-03-2012, 02:50 AM

Canada/US airport security is almost 100% identical. And here's something...

I've heard a few times on US news that Canadians can slip thru the US border so easily because Canadians are so relaxed with security (or something to that effect)...

If I (as a Canadian) go to the US, and board a plane in a Canadian city (lets say Toronto), I pass through US customs in the Toronto airport (before boarding the plane), it is operated entirely by US customs agents, not Canadian airport security. And once through US customs, you are in a secluded area of the airport, there is no going back, it is one-way traffic only! You are now 'technically' on US soil, even though still at a Toronto airport. You cannot leave the airport or go back to the 'Canadian' side.

Just saying, cause I know there is concern that terrorists get easy access into the US by entering Canada first, which is laughable to me, I've only been to Mexico, the US and Canada, and Canada customs agents are the worst, US a close 2nd, and Mexico is a joke, as long as you spend your money there they are happy.

Not sure if that helps you or answers your question at all... I'm pretty tired, and probably should have logged out hours ago...

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 02:50 AM

Calling Luka Magnotta's Alleged Phone Number - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUilIx_rl9E)

A nobody has been able de speak with Luka Magnotta. And the police cannot find him? WTF?

If you go to 5:00 till 6:16, it's clearly him. Without any doubt, it's Luka Magnotta on the phone.

So, now we know he still have a cellphone with him. One that he probably got from a long time. And he responds to it. He's still in contact with the people he knows.

When it was mentioned, many didn't believe it was Magnotta.

I finally listened to it an hour ago and would concur that the voice is NOT Magnotta. I have listened to several documented Magnotta interviews and, while his voice (tone, pitch, deepness) sounds different in every interview he has done; the voice on those "prank" calls did not sound like Magnotta.

Additionally, the most recent number attributed to Magnotta is Los Angeles-based and is NOT Magnotta's number at all, it actually belongs to a 44 year old massage therapist.

picaso3340
06-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Hey all im new here. Most international flights from Montreal go through Toronto. There are direct flights depending of the airline. I know most Air canada flight go from Montreal to Toronto than to destination.

Gypsy Road
06-03-2012, 02:51 AM

I know for a fact that here in the U.S. they pull your luggage if for some reason you don't get on the plane. They will put your luggage on a later flight if you board the flight but you are late and the luggage compartment is shut.

otto
06-03-2012, 02:52 AM
I'm pretty sure he would need a French visa as well, I could be mistaken.

If staying longer than 90 days, Canadians need a visa in France. That's true of many countries. If staying fewer than 90 days, Canadians do not need a visa.

Peace777
06-03-2012, 02:53 AM
I looked at the video entited-- The James Dean Killer.... (link was posted on thread here somewhere) the very last pic is 1 of LM that I hadn't seen online anywhere, so must be new? LM is giving the finger at the camera! So is he saying "FU"? Very weird the pic is the last pic in the video Hmmmm

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 02:55 AM

I've heard a few times on US news that Canadians can slip thru the US border so easily because Canadians are so relaxed with security (or something to that effect)...

If I (as a Canadian) go to the US, and board a plane in a Canadian city (lets say Toronto), I pass through US customs in the Toronto airport (before boarding the plane), it is operated entirely by US customs agents, not Canadian airport security. And once through US customs, you are in a secluded area of the airport, there is no going back, it is one-way traffic only! You are now 'technically' on US soil, even though still at a Toronto airport. You cannot leave the airport or go back to the 'Canadian' side.

Just saying, cause I know there is concern that terrorists get easy access into the US by entering Canada first, which is laughable to me, I've only been to Mexico, the US and Canada, and Canada customs agents are the worst, US a close 2nd, and Mexico is a joke, as long as you spend your money there they are happy.

Not sure if that helps you or answers your question at all... I'm pretty tired, and probably should have logged out hours ago...

adhmark -- thank you so much for your thoughts and insights; I definitely appreciate what you shared.

Regarding Canadians being able to slip through the US border (and vice versa), I keep thinking about that Michael Moore documentary where he shows one of the MANY areas of our shared border that has absolutely no US or Canadian monitoring; which leads me to believe that if Magnotta was as smart as he purports himself to be, he would have crossed into the US at one of those areas and traveled by rail or bus from upstate NY to NYC where he could simply blend into the masses and disappear for some time.

BorgQueen
06-03-2012, 02:57 AM

Calling Luka Magnotta's Alleged Phone Number - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUilIx_rl9E)

I disagree. That is not his voice. He speaks monotone, that person is much too animated to be him, and it just... doesn't sound like him at all.

:twocents: :moo:

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 02:59 AM
I looked at the video entited-- The James Dean Killer.... (link was posted on thread here somewhere) the very last pic is 1 of LM that I hadn't seen online anywhere, so must be new? LM is giving the finger at the camera! So is he saying "FU"? Very weird the pic is the last pic in the video Hmmmm

I can't imagine that Magnotta would use that kind of salty language and its unimaginable that Magnotta would ever make an obscene gesture... :blushing:
Maybe he was holding a different finger and was just trying to determine which way the wind was blowing... :floorlaugh:

Gypsy Road

Totally O/T here, but his face and that kissy kissy pucker remind me of a certain female in Florida who was found not guilty last year of murdering her child. I'm being serious. They both have those same cold dark eyes and that pouty mouth.

Karmady

Not seen it before either and same thought exactly. Although ed hardy is kinda passe, maybe not for the likes of him.

otto
06-03-2012, 03:01 AM
Hey all im new here. Most international flights from Montreal go through Toronto. There are direct flights depending of the airline. I know most Air canada flight go from Montreal to Toronto than to destination.

Air Transat has flights from Montreal to Paris but you're right ... Air Canada flights are from Toronto to Paris so someone would first have to fly to Toronto. Thx

DD_bwest
06-03-2012, 03:07 AM
I don't believe he speaks any languages other than English. Quebec french originated a few hundred years ago when the French came to Canada. The language has evolved, over time, into it's own language. France french also changed over the centuries. I learned France french starting at the age of 4 and then studied it in school throughout my childhood. I traveled to Quebec at the age of 16 and absolutely could not communicate with people in Quebec, not even to get something to eat. From Quebec, I traveled to France and could communicate with people. Eric may have picked up a couple of words here and there if he travelled, but I doubt he can discuss anything beyond tricks and drugs. He was reportedly a meth addict at some point. If he still has that addiction, he will be looking for drugs.

im still catching up on this, but wanted to make note of that, being fluent in each, and having family in montreal. the dum*** probably picked up as much "quebec" french as he could and figured it would work when he got to france.. hes not very well educated remember..

but its also not hard to get rosetta stone, so who knows what languages he speaks

PinkiGreen
06-03-2012, 03:09 AM
This is the first time I'm scared to Google someone out of fear of what might pop up. :what:

Gypsy Road
06-03-2012, 03:09 AM

By car going from the U.S. to Canada last year (NY to Ontario - Kingston I think it was) I got the what for and my car searched!

prima.facie
06-03-2012, 03:10 AM

it is being discussed....well i and a couple of others did :)

otto
06-03-2012, 03:17 AM
im still catching up on this, but wanted to make note of that, being fluent in each, and having family in montreal. the dum*** probably picked up as much "quebec" french as he could and figured it would work when he got to france.. hes not very well educated remember..

but its also not hard to get rosetta stone, so who knows what languages he speaks

That's a good point ... he probably didn't realize that they are pretty much two different languages today .. or he plans to drop a few Russian words between poorly pronounced Quebec french and pretend he's from the East.

adhmark
06-03-2012, 03:18 AM
adhmark -- thank you so much for your thoughts and insights; I definitely appreciate what you shared.

Regarding Canadians being able to slip through the US border (and vice versa), I keep thinking about that Michael Moore documentary where he shows one of the MANY areas of our shared border that has absolutely no US or Canadian monitoring; which leads me to believe that if Magnotta was as smart as he purports himself to be, he would have crossed into the US at one of those areas and traveled by rail or bus from upstate NY to NYC where he could simply blend into the masses and disappear for some time.

I saw that MM documentary, he did a few kinda 'weaselly' things, I know at one point he was in a town (I cant remember which) with maybe like 10 - 20,000 people and made it sound like a large Canadian city (which it wasnt), I think in Canada a city would need at least 500k+ people to be large. Not to mention the gun facts were so distorted, I know tons of people with guns (mostly hunting rifles & shotguns, not so much fully-auto assault rifles or semi-auto hand guns, which you can buy here, you just need special licenses), and I've fired a few different guns on occasion, tons of fun if you ask me!

But anyways, back to the unmanned borders, at the bare minimum, right now, the US and Canada has unmanned drones flying surveillence 24/7. I know they have them where I am, I'm not sure how far they reach or how often they fly by. But I would have to guess (from where I am) I could probably (technically) get from Canada, into the US, probably through some farmland or wooded area or something (on foot), but my chance of not getting caught, or actually making it through, and getting back to a highway or something, yeah, I doubt it, I mean maybe, but not worth it, I'd say 90% - 95% chance of getting caught even though it looks like it would be easy to pull off. Those drones can see your movement from 7 miles away, so it would be quite a challenge getting past them.

Scales
06-03-2012, 03:21 AM
I'm new here, just wanted to say thanks to everyone, this thread by far has all the pertinent info. Tired of searching on google and getting same rehashed stories.

And no, I'm not Luka Rocco Whatever-the-****-his-name-is.

otto
06-03-2012, 03:22 AM
This is the first time I'm scared to Google someone out of fear of what might pop up. :what:

We all have a rather checkered computer history after searching this case ...

otto
06-03-2012, 03:25 AM
By car going from the U.S. to Canada last year (NY to Ontario - Kingston I think it was) I got the what for and my car searched!

There as a Texan who tried to bring all sorts of rifles into Canada on his way to Alaska. He was charged. It's the gun laws that are important to Canada ... too many handguns have made their way into the country illegally. There's also drugs, illegals and terrorists ... can't be too careful.

PinkiGreen
06-03-2012, 03:28 AM
We all have a rather checkered computer history after searching this case ...

No kidding. A couple hours ago, my husband walked up behind my chair and said, "do I even want to know why you are looking at a gay porn site?" :rolleyes:

Saribella
I'm new here, just wanted to say thanks to everyone, this thread by far has all the pertinent info. Tired of searching on google and getting same rehashed stories.

And no, I'm not Luka Rocco Whatever-the-****-his-name-is.

:Welcome1::welcome5::welcome4::wagon:

Lera213
I'm late in reading prior threads and this time I can say I'm thankful for it. I do not wish to see the video. Once someone sent me a video with no warning, I opened it up and it was Daniel Pearls beheading. I still cannot get that image out of my head. I do not want to go there ever again!!!!!!!!

While living in Germany years ago, (1998 to 2000) we use to drive to Italy, Poland and everywhere without a passport. If you travel through switzerland by car you only need a vignette pass. They say you need a passport but I will tell you, we were never asked to show our passport ever!

Gypsy Road
06-03-2012, 03:30 AM
There as a Texan who tried to bring all sorts of rifles into Canada on his way to Alaska. He was charged. It's the gun laws that are important to Canada ... too many handguns have made their way into the country illegally. There's also drugs, illegals and terrorists ... can't be too careful.

I agree, and I wasn't miffed at all that I got searched. I have nothing to hide, and I'm glad they were diligent! Security is nothing to play around with and I am uneasy when security is lax.

otto
06-03-2012, 03:32 AM
No kidding. A couple hours ago, my husband walked up behind my chair and said, "do I even want to know why you are looking at a gay porn site?" :rolleyes:

LOL! I've been pretty careful not to click on too many links ... news, the occasional youtube and photos ... but I sure appreciate those that are sleuthing history and links from those entertainment sites. It helps to paint a picture of his life and character.

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 03:37 AM
I'm late in reading prior threads and this time I can say I'm thankful for it. I do not wish to see the video. Once someone sent me a video with no warning, I opened it up and it was Daniel Pearls beheading. I still cannot get that image out of my head. I do not want to go there ever again!!!!!!!!

While living in Germany years ago, (1998 to 2000) we use to drive to Italy, Poland and everywhere without a passport. If you travel through switzerland by car you only need a vignette pass. They say you need a passport but I will tell you, we were never asked to show our passport ever!

I hope you blocked the person that emailed you that horrific video of journalist Daniel Pearl being murdered by extremists; images of demonic horror such as those of Pearl and Lin's final moments of life are ones that one will never forget (and wishes he could not recall seeing).

Gypsy Road
06-03-2012, 03:38 AM
I wonder how well LM knows Paris? Even though he could be anywhere by now, I'm hoping that all hotels, hostels, and other places of lodging, modes of transportation, etc have been given notice by Interpol.

otto
06-03-2012, 03:38 AM
I agree, and I wasn't miffed at all that I got searched. I have nothing to hide, and I'm glad they were diligent! Security is nothing to play around with and I am uneasy when security is lax.

I think Canadian security, generally speaking, is pretty tight. Passports are used when traveling within Canada, but other ID is accepted. Passports have to be shown before boarding an international flight.

otto
06-03-2012, 03:40 AM
I wonder how well LM knows Paris? Even though he could be anywhere by now, I'm hoping that all hotels, hostels, and other places of lodging, modes of transportation, etc have been given notice by Interpol.

He could perhaps convince some questionable locals to give him a temporary place ... Joran v.d. Sloot convinced two locals to drive him to Chile even though he told them he had murdered someone ... or was being accused of it.

Lera213
06-03-2012, 03:43 AM
I'm ok with graphic text (most but not all) but not video at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HastingsChi

It would have been hilarious if you responded in any of the following ways:
1. Because it's hot.
2. Look at all of these svelte, fit bodies; why can't you have a body like that?
3. These guys, even in just their underwear, have a better sense of style than you.
4. You know if you didn't use our treadmill as a place to hang clothes, your butt could look as delicious as this one.

I could go on and on but sadly I don't think this gay man made anyone laugh with the four responses I listed...

DD_bwest
I think Canadian security, generally speaking, is pretty tight. Passports are used when traveling within Canada, but other ID is accepted. Passports have to be shown before boarding an international flight.

i think you meant to say arent used when traveling within Canada.. are atleast ive never needed one.. and ive flown cross canada multiple times..

Gypsy Road
06-03-2012, 03:44 AM
I think I'm going to turn in for the night. It's almost 3:00 am here in the panhandle. Here's hoping and praying that when I wake up tomorrow and check this thread that LM will have been caught!

G'Night Folks! See you tomorrow. Don't forget to hug your kitties!

girlinblue
06-03-2012, 03:44 AM
When it was mentioned, many didn't believe it was Magnotta.

I finally listened to it an hour ago and would concur that the voice is NOT Magnotta. I have listened to several documented Magnotta interviews and, while his voice (tone, pitch, deepness) sounds different in every interview he has done; the voice on those "prank" calls did not sound like Magnotta.

Additionally, the most recent number attributed to Magnotta is Los Angeles-based and is NOT Magnotta's number at all, it actually belongs to a 44 year old massage therapist.

Gah. I feel bad for all the people receiving these calls. Sometimes people get a little zealous. I don't think any of these numbers are going to be his, and even if they are, he's not going to answer.

HastingsChi
06-03-2012, 03:45 AM
He could perhaps convince some questionable locals to give him a temporary place ... Joran v.d. Sloot convinced two locals to drive him to Chile even though he told them he had murdered someone ... or was being accused of it.

VanDerSloot had money, actual friends he communicated with and came from a prominent family whereas Magnotta has NO actual friends we have discovered in all of our sleuthing, no real source of income and a family he doesn't communicate with...

Gypsy Road
06-03-2012, 03:46 AM
1. Because it's hot.
2. Look at all of these svelte, fit bodies; why can't you have a body like that?
3. These guys, even in just their underwear, have a better sense of style than you.
4. You know if you didn't use our treadmill as a place to hang clothes, your butt could look as delicious as this one.

I could go on and on but sadly I don't think this gay man made anyone laugh with the four responses I listed...

You made me laugh. Love your sense of humor! :seeya:

BorgQueen
06-03-2012, 03:48 AM
1. Because it's hot.

I laughed :) :floorlaugh:

otto
06-03-2012, 03:49 AM
i think you meant to say arent used when traveling within Canada.. are atleast ive never needed one.. and ive flown cross canada multiple times..

Passports are used when traveling in Canada, but other identification is accepted. I always travel by passport, even in Canada ... habit. Since Canadians cannot travel to the US by land without a passport, most people have them.

PinkiGreen
06-03-2012, 03:51 AM
1. Because it's hot.

LOL!
I asked him if he'd like to watch, but he mumbled something about me being crazy and went to bed.:floorlaugh:

otto
06-03-2012, 03:51 AM
VanDerSloot had money, actual friends he communicated with and came from a prominent family whereas Magnotta has NO actual friends we have discovered in all of our sleuthing, no real source of income and a family he doesn't communicate with...

That's true. Eric Newman may not have money to offer, but he can still find a couple of slimey guys that are willing to barter ... and Eric will do anything, even if the guys are really slimey.

Maybe he wants to be the star of his own snuff movie ...

DD_bwest
06-03-2012, 03:55 AM
Passports are used when traveling in Canada, but other identification is accepted. I always travel by passport, even in Canada ... habit. Since Canadians cannot travel to the US by land without a passport, most people have them.

ah yes i see what your saying.. the passport is optional ID, it can be used instead of a provincial drivers liscense, and i guess alot more people have them in the post 9/11 era.. Im trying to think of another Federal ID that would have a photo on it.. and all i can think of is provincial..

edit: but thats really only when flying, and for Identifying yourself to LE.. there are no borders that you need to show ID at

otto
06-03-2012, 04:03 AM
ah yes i see what your saying.. the passport is optional ID, it can be used instead of a provincial drivers liscense, and i guess alot more people have them in the post 9/11 era.. Im trying to think of another Federal ID that would have a photo on it.. and all i can think of is provincial..

Driver's license for people that have one, passport for children. Parents traveling with children need passports for the child and passports for proof that they are the parent ... makes sense to use them.

DD_bwest
06-03-2012, 04:06 AM
or a provincial ID card.. i think its called a BCID here in BC..

but im to tired for this, im going to bed..

and have another hours worth of catching up in the morning..

otto
06-03-2012, 04:15 AM
The last upload on the Beavis link was 6 hours ago. It's 10:15 AM in the Netherlands right now ... is France in the same time zone ... I think it might be one hour earlier ... so it might be 11:15 AM. If the last activity was 6 hours ago, that would be 5:15 AM France time. I guess we can expect to hear from him in 4-5 hours?

How would he be accessing the internet ... and not be recognized? Is he getting around by hiding in his hoodie ... lurking? ... waiting for the dark?

Lera213
06-03-2012, 04:19 AM
The scary part for me now is he is a hunted person therefore, he has nothing to lose. My fear is he will hurt someone else real soon in an attempt to live out his sick pervert fantasy.

griffon
06-03-2012, 04:21 AM
cutelittlenemo1 aka vladimir romanov aka luka magnotta looking for "Dom Young Masters in Arizona or Los Angeles" 12-15-2011

http://www.smplace.com/forum/564354-dom-young-masters-in-arizona-or-los-angeles.html

could he be connected to the unsolved cases in arizona and hollywood where they found dismembered body parts??? it almost seems like he's trying to lure out a certain type of personality...just keeps getting weirder.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/21/hervey-medellin-victim-in_n_1220905.html

if you connect the dots it appears he was in the US from mid last year until the time he went to montreal.

Lera213
06-03-2012, 04:31 AM
OH please catch this guy fast!

otto
06-03-2012, 04:33 AM
This is in response to an earlier request for a wanted poster ... still in draft form ... does anyone have the Montreal contact info handy? n/t? ... suggestions for changes? Until he is caught, it might be a good idea to get his photo out there ... on lamp posts.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/zed0101/Eric_Newman_Luka_Rocco_Magnotta_Wanted.jpg

otto
06-03-2012, 04:34 AM
The scary part for me now is he is a hunted person therefore, he has nothing to lose. My fear is he will hurt someone else real soon in an attempt to live out his sick pervert fantasy.

I think that's everyone's concern. It's only a matter of time. As he said in the email to the UK reporter last December ... it's not like quitting smoking.

Lera213
06-03-2012, 04:37 AM
The guy is a LOSER

Lera213
06-03-2012, 04:39 AM
Otto, I haven't clicked on many links on this case (afraid to) I can only go by what is posted here and I just started reading in this thread. I really do not want to know this loser...I just want to hear he has been caught, and DEAD

otto
06-03-2012, 04:39 AM
cutelittlenemo1 aka vladimir romanov aka luka magnotta looking for "Dom Young Masters in Arizona or Los Angeles" 12-15-2011

http://www.smplace.com/forum/564354-dom-young-masters-in-arizona-or-los-angeles.html

could he be connected to the unsolved cases in arizona and hollywood where they found dismembered body parts??? it almost seems like he's trying to lure out a certain type of personality...just keeps getting weirder.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/21/hervey-medellin-victim-in_n_1220905.html

if you connect the dots it appears he was in the US from mid last year until the time he went to montreal.

Someone posted in the last couple of days that Eric Newman was in the Hollywood area in Feb 2012. The murder and dismemberment was in Jan 2012, but he was in England on Dec 8 and in the Netherlands on Dec 12, 2012. It has been reported that he lived in the apartment for four months. That would mean Feb, Mar, Apr, May. The time between Amsterdam, Dec 12 and Feb is still a mystery ... unless he was under the Hollywood Sign in mid-January, 2012.

Lera213
06-03-2012, 04:41 AM
what about those feet found in water ways in Canada and in the US...if I remember correctly.

griffon
06-03-2012, 04:50 AM
Someone posted in the last couple of days that Eric Newman was in the Hollywood area in Feb 2012. The murder and dismemberment was in Jan 2012, but he was in England on Dec 8 and in the Netherlands on Dec 12, 2012. It has been reported that he lived in the apartment for four months. That would mean Feb, Mar, Apr, May. The time between Amsterdam, Dec 12 and Feb is still a mystery ... unless he was under the Hollywood Sign in mid-January, 2012.

He was in the Netherlands on dec 12 based on what? I read it's based on the IP address in the email header he sent to SUN news.. and we all know Luka knows how to hide his IP address and in my experience Netherlands hosts lots of TOR nodes.

otto
06-03-2012, 04:59 AM
Otto, I haven't clicked on many links on this case (afraid to) I can only go by what is posted here and I just started reading in this thread. I really do not want to know this loser...I just want to hear he has been caught, and DEAD

If he's returned to Canada, then he will be imprisoned ... most likely permanently. Sending a severed foot to the Prime Minister's party didn't go unnoticed. Sending the hand to the Liberal Party means he didn't realize that the NDP is the opposition ... but still ... I can't see anyone in Parliament agreeing to see him uncaged for the remainder of his life.

Alterntatively, Eric Newman could find himself the star of a snuff film in Paris ... a gay man murdering, mutilating and performing indecent acts with the body parts of gay men ... I don't think that would go over too well ... not even in Paris, or Russia or ... anywhere.

BorgQueen
06-03-2012, 05:01 AM
I think that's everyone's concern. It's only a matter of time. As he said in the email to the UK reporter last December ... it's not like quitting smoking.

.... and I have found quitting smoking to be impossible, pretty much. I am 27, and have been smoking since I was 10. I was able to quit from my 3rd month of pregnancy, until I was done breastfeeding, and that was the most stressful/difficult period of my life. I started again due to a concern of post-partum depression. I figured smoking was not as bad as harming myself or my child. Doctor agreed (now he wants me to quit again... will be a challenge).

Yikes. :what:

otto
06-03-2012, 05:02 AM
what about those feet found in water ways in Canada and in the US...if I remember correctly.

Suicides, airplane crash ... the runners somewhat preserve the feet ... unconnected.

BorgQueen
06-03-2012, 05:07 AM
If he's returned to Canada, then he will be imprisoned ... most likely permanently. Sending a severed foot to the Prime Minister's party didn't go unnoticed. Sending the hand to the Liberal Party means he didn't realize that the NDP is the opposition ... but still ... I can't see anyone in Parliament agreeing to see him uncaged for the remainder of his life.

Alterntatively, Eric Newman could find himself the star of a snuff film in Paris ... a gay man murdering, mutilating and performing indecent acts with the body parts of gay men ... I don't think that would go over too well ... not even in Paris, or Russia or ... anywhere.

I have wondered if something has been addressed to the NDP, but (the information) hasn't been released to the public... God, I hope not. I am not a fan of Harper of the Conservative party (or even the Liberals, I tend to vote NDP).... but that is so horrible. Nobody deserved that. Not the beautiful victim, not Mr. Harper, not his party, not the Liberals... nobody.

Needless to say: I have been expecting two parcels. One should have arrived on Wednesday, one should arrive on Monday. The Wednesday parcel never came...

sillybilly
06-03-2012, 05:07 AM
<rsbm>

I don't understand why they talk about lax Canadian security. It doesn't make any sense, because ... when you leave Canada, you must go through US Customs to be authorized to enter the US; you only deal with Canadian Customs when you are returning into Canada.

otto
06-03-2012, 05:09 AM
He was in the Netherlands on dec 12 based on what? I read it's based on the IP address in the email header he sent to SUN news.. and we all know Luka knows how to hide his IP address and in my experience Netherlands hosts lots of TOR nodes.

Scroll to the bottom of this: link (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4349654/Cannibal-on-run-after-chopping-up-man-warned-The-Sun-I-cant-stop-killing.html) (graphic content higher up).

Someone can use a proxy server, but knowing how to router it from Montreal to England to the Netherlands? ... I think he was actually there. I think that after the interview with the reporter he high-tailed it out of town and crossed the channel. He laid low ... nothing came of the publicity about the kitten files ... and he went on about his business of torturing animals and graduating to people. He returned to Canada at the end of December (are there Christmas pictures somewhere out there?), or he went to LA and committed a murder there. Does anyone know whether the murder scene for the body parts (found under the sign) was located? Was it a transient home?

He may have been in LA in Feb, but he rented a furnished apartment from Feb - May in Montreal, then disappeared.

otto
06-03-2012, 05:18 AM
<rsbm>

I don't understand why they talk about lax Canadian security. It doesn't make any sense, because ... when you leave Canada, you must go through US Customs to be authorized to enter the US; you only deal with Canadian Customs when you are returning into Canada.

The terrorists are getting in somehow ... three possibilities: landing at the airports, sneaking in through Mexico, sneaking in through Canada ... which is most likely?

Lera213
06-03-2012, 05:21 AM
Check recent grave yards, since he is a necro. Bad joke but kind of serious

ratsack
06-03-2012, 05:23 AM
Here is a photoshop picture.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/425823_10151226513430454_800365453_22651663_125474 0748_n.jpg

I'd be interested to know if anyone else picked up on other photo shopped pictures he has done I know some of the ones in the jacuzzi/cars are shopped.

I don't beleive for a second this guy lead a "jettsetting" lifestyle. I'd also like to know how he keeps getting all these pets (cats,dogs,a python) someones has to be selling or giving them to him from adoption houses or pounds. Unless he is picking them up off the street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fUilIx_rl9E

I beleive that is him, it would be good if anyone was good with video/sound could put some of these voices with some sort of side by side with his various interviews. If you listen to the laugh it is the same type of smug and snide laugh he gives in one of his interviews. He posts the exact some phone number on another forums years ago and tells people to ring and talk with Luka.

otto
06-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Check recent grave yards, since he is a necro. Bad joke but kind of serious

There's no question about that. White supremacist, murderous, gay man with cheek implants and an interest in homosexual necrophilia loose in Paris.

otto
06-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Here is a photoshop picture.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/425823_10151226513430454_800365453_22651663_125474 0748_n.jpg

I'd be interested to know if anyone else picked up on other photo shopped pictures he has done I know some of the ones in the jacuzzi/cars are shopped.

I don't beleive for a second this guy lead a "jettsetting" lifestyle. I'd also like to know how he keeps getting all these pets (cats,dogs,a python) someones has to be selling or giving them to him from adoption houses or pounds. Unless he is picking them up off the street.

I beleive that is him, it would be good if anyone was good with video/sound could put some of these voices with some sort of side by side with his various interviews. If you listen to the laugh it is the same type of smug and snide laugh he gives in one of his interviews. He posts the exact some phone number on another forums years ago and tells people to ring and talk with Luka.

Thanks for the photo comparison ... that's why the Beavis and Butthead guy said that he wasn't as big as he looked in his pictures ... the photoshopped soccer images probably pre-date the $1200 two day date.

My guess is that he picked the animals up off the street ... he had at least three kittens of about the same age, several dogs. Someone posted a picture of him with all sorts of different dogs ... and there's also a monkey. Where did they go?

Lera213
06-03-2012, 05:42 AM
There's no question about that. White supremacist, murderous, gay man with cheek implants and an interest in homosexual necrophilia loose in Paris.
He is a white supremacist too?

Lera213
06-03-2012, 05:44 AM
Poor animals, I'm off to bed and I hope I can sleep. How do we know he is a white supremacist too?

Portabella
06-03-2012, 05:46 AM

I just hope he does not have a child mummifying in the Arizona desert somewhere just waiting for his return to pick it up... I know this sounds horrid but it has crossed my mind. IMHO

Portabella
06-03-2012, 05:48 AM

They have linked those feet to mainly suicides, shoes protect the feet while the rest of the corpse is unprotected, you get the idea!!!

otto
06-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Poor animals, I'm off to bed and I hope I can sleep. How do we know he is a white supremacist too?

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/01/magnotta-linked-to-white-supremacist-site

BorgQueen
06-03-2012, 05:52 AM
<rsbm>

I agree, it isn't as easy as people think. I can't take my daughter on a weekend trip to New York, because I do not have permission from her biofather. It does not matter that he has never been in her life, never has been, never will be. It does not matter that he refused to sign her birth certificate, and is not listed as her father. I am her only legal parent. I still can not bring her just barely across the border to stay in a hotel and go shopping and sight seeing without his written permission. And if I tried to find him and tried to get his permission, I KNOW he would say no. And he would hunt ME down and "retaliate" (won't get into that. Let's just say I am lucky to be alive, and Canadian authorities and social services do NOT believe me. I am considered "hostile" and am accused of lying, annually...).

It is not as easy to leave this stupid country as people think... even with a planned return trip....

Bed time. I am sorry if I make little sense. I was supposed to stop posting hours ago. Alcohol for stress relief is probably not the best solution.. lol.

otto
06-03-2012, 05:54 AM
I just hope he does not have a child mummifying in the Arizona desert somewhere just waiting for his return to pick it up... I know this sounds horrid but it has crossed my mind. IMHO

Were the kitten files from December 24, 2009? That means he's had two and a half years between first filming the torture of animals and the first confirmed murder. How many animals came before the kittens ... how many before the first murder file was uploaded?

He also has issues with special occassions like Christmas ... and maybe his birthday ... isn't that on July 24? He'll turn 30. He's a disgusting little man.

2goldfish
06-03-2012, 06:02 AM
After the EEC (European Economic Community) became the EU (European Union), the borders between Western European countries were more or less opened up ... not much need for a passport when traveling between Western European countries.

I have to wonder what he had for personal belongings ... other than a computer, camera and clothes ... I doubt he owned much of anything. It was a furnished apartment.

bbm this isnt true, you absolutely do need a passport to travel in the EU even if you hold an EU passport (I do not) HOWEVER in some countries, you can get in with your ID card IF you are that country's national. otherwise, they take a passport as do all other EU countries.

obviously LM is not a national of any EU country, therefore absolutely will need a passport to get across borders....always assuming he is over here at all and attempting to go legally through borders; I have no doubt at all that someone determined could find illegal ways. as LM's work if any is of the underground sort it stands to reason he might be crossing borders illegally too.

BorgQueen
06-03-2012, 06:04 AM
I do not think Eric Newman has had as much (if any) plastic surgery. He looks pretty much the same, down to the facial expression.

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1337872400518_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

otto
06-03-2012, 06:08 AM
bbm this isnt true, you absolutely do need a passport to travel in the EU even if you hold an EU passport (I do not) HOWEVER in some countries, you can get in with your ID card IF you are that country's national. otherwise, they take a passport as do all other EU countries.

obviously LM is not a national of any EU country, therefore absolutely will need a passport to get across borders....always assuming he is over here at all and attempting to go legally through borders; I have no doubt at all that someone determined could find illegal ways. as LM's work if any is of the underground sort it stands to reason he might be crossing borders illegally too.

I have had a different experience in Western Europe ... where I am waived through without opening my passport. The only place I had trouble was with the bumbling fools in Luxemburg ... they were confused.

I'm wondering ... maybe travel by train, people need a passport. Traveling by car, there's no place to show a passport. I've driven from Amsterdam, through the South of France, Cannes and Milan ... no border checks anywhere ... same driving back through Switzerland North to the Netherlands.

otto
06-03-2012, 06:10 AM
I do not think Eric Newman has had as much (if any) plastic surgery. He looks pretty much the same, down to the facial expression.

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1337872400518_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

Thansk! Is there a high school photo somewhere? Didn't someone post that last week ... high school photos? I remember seeing them ... but there was some question about his name appearing twice.

I'd like to compare a high school photo with the Interpol photo.

claudicici
06-03-2012, 06:16 AM
This case makes me so sick on so many levels.I litterally have this nautious feeling in my stomach since I've been reading these threads.
It makes me so mad that there were so many warning signs but nothing was done.
I usually look for humanity in a person even if he/she committed the most horrid crime but in this case I agree that this guy is a true sociopath and litterally has no soul.I don't care how much bullying he had to endure growing up.
I'm also mad about myself because I do find this disgusting POS attractive.He reminds me of Sid Vicious.I'm also upset because I cried so much about the kittens,it just breaks my heart yet I continue to eat meat knowing animals go through almost worst torture in factory farms.I'm also upset that I had a stronger emotional reaction about the animals being tortured than the HUMAN BEING.I keep thinking what is wrong with me?
Anyways I hope they catch him soon and I hope there aren't more victims we don't know about.

I also have a question....Are we allowed to discuss his mother's myspace since it is public?

snoofer
06-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Scroll to the bottom of this: link (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4349654/Cannibal-on-run-after-chopping-up-man-warned-The-Sun-I-cant-stop-killing.html) (graphic content higher up).

Someone can use a proxy server, but knowing how to router it from Montreal to England to the Netherlands? ... I think he was actually there. I think that after the interview with the reporter he high-tailed it out of town and crossed the channel. He laid low ... nothing came of the publicity about the kitten files ... and he went on about his business of torturing animals and graduating to people. He returned to Canada at the end of December (are there Christmas pictures somewhere out there?), or he went to LA and committed a murder there. Does anyone know whether the murder scene for the body parts (found under the sign) was located? Was it a transient home?

He may have been in LA in Feb, but he rented a furnished apartment from Feb - May in Montreal, then disappeared.

Is it possible that he has been none of those places? There was a lot of notoriety with the Rafferty trial and the case in Hollywood received a lot of buzz as well. Maybe he is a sort of copycat looking for his time in the limelight. MOO

Portabella
06-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Were the kitten files from December 24, 2009? That means he's had two and a half years between first filming the torture of animals and the first confirmed murder. How many animals came before the kittens ... how many before the first murder file was uploaded?

He also has issues with special occassions like Christmas ... and maybe his birthday ... isn't that on July 24? He'll turn 30. He's a disgusting little man.

The first was "one boy two kittens" that was in Dec 2010, had to go back and check, thought for a second I lost a year somehow...But it began in 2010.

God knows how many came before the kittens, nothing that was ever found to be on video or youtube. But most people just don't wake up and one day think, I am going to start torturing animals today....so I am certain he has done this in the past prior to the Christmas release...:(

Yes he is an EVIL disgusting little man.... IMHO

snoofer
06-03-2012, 06:28 AM

you need a passport and birth certificate to buy a Europass for frequent use, if you do not have a Europass then you must bring your passport and I am guessing your birth certificate. The idea of the Europass is so you don't need the passport with you, it is a picture ID and uses your passport info. It is to use the Eurotrain. You must still then buy tickets, it is just a quick check on who you are.:moo: Lived in europe for a couple of years. And for goodness sakes NO I am not him lol. Otto vouch for me lmao.

P.S. If you have never had a chance to go to Europe, try and put it on your list of things to do. It is an amazing experience, sooooo many stimulating things to see and do. Well worth the expense.

I do not believe that little twirp has much money, or that he is in Europe. But if he did by chance make it there then he would be skulking around the cheap hostels. MOO More than likely he is still skulking around in Canada living on the periphery of society. Maybe he is living in the underground world in TO for example just coming out at night. Literally whole society living under ground. JMO I picture him as wearing dark clothes and his stoopid hoodies and letting himself go ie unkempt. Although, he is very vane so he might just go with the hoodie and like the fellow I had seen "cam paint". Luka seems to enjoy makeup...so I can see him camming up to look dirty under his hoodies. MOO

Someone posted a job interview he did and I could not believe how vane he was. He REALLY thinks he is hot stuff. Now my first impression of him was low class in how he looks and how he speaks. He comes off as "cheap street" on camera or "easy sleazy" and not someone you would trust, because he might rip you off. JMO and my first impression. What do we know about his upbringing without talking about his family. As he seems as though he was raised in a hard knocks neighbourhood although it could just be his personality gravitated him to those areas. IMO he seems to work hard to create a false illusion of himself.

2goldfish
06-03-2012, 06:29 AM
I have had a different experience in Western Europe ... where I am waived through without opening my passport. The only place I had trouble was with the bumbling fools in Luxemburg ... they were confused.

I'm wondering ... maybe travel by train, people need a passport. Traveling by car, there's no place to show a passport. I've driven from Amsterdam, through the South of France, Cannes and Milan ... no border checks anywhere ... same driving back through Switzerland North to the Netherlands.

I must look suspicious then LOL cause I get checked EVERYWHERE, I blame the large bag I carry when travelling, so much stuff in it I can hardly stand :floorlaugh:

but seriously perhaps you're right via car, because I've only flown/train/bus and they're defo checking. I couldnt say about car but will ask my inlaws they do occasionally drive across if they want to bring a lot back.

Portabella
06-03-2012, 06:29 AM
This case makes me so sick on so many levels.I litterally have this nautious feeling in my stomach since I've been reading these threads.
I usually look for humanity in a person even if he/she committed the most horrid crime but in this case I agree that this guy is a true sociopath and litterally has no soul.I don't care how much bullying he had to endure growing up.
I'm also mad about myself because I do find this disgusting POS attractive.He reminds me of Sid Vicious.I'm also upset because I cried so much about the kittens,it just breaks my heart yet I continue to eat meat knowing animals go through almost worst torture in factory farms.I'm also upset that I had a stronger emotional reaction about the animals being tortured than the HUMAN BEING.I keep thinking what is wrong with me?
Anyways I hope they catch him soon and I hope there aren't more victims we don't know about.

I also have a question....Are we allowed to discuss his mother's myspace since it is public?

I feel very bad for the human victim, but the kitties is what started me on this journey. So I fully understand how you feel.

Just a thought, and its off topic, try doing "No Meat Monday's" it does make a difference.

Scales
06-03-2012, 06:44 AM

I live in LA, and yes, there are transients and squatters that live up around that sign and near the park. Most of them are drug addicts and tend to be younger white people as opposed to your traditional colored crackhead or crazy beard old man winters alcoholic.

I remember when this story hit, it faded pretty quickly. Everyday there's murders in this city, so it wasn't that shocking, I assumed it was over drugs/drug cartel, other murders that involve body parts, usually are, and often get no media coverage because they happen in poor Latino communities.

BorgQueen
06-03-2012, 06:55 AM
Thansk! Is there a high school photo somewhere? Didn't someone post that last week ... high school photos? I remember seeing them ... but there was some question about his name appearing twice.

I'd like to compare a high school photo with the Interpol photo.

There is, but I am not the most organised person, I can't remember the link, sorry. Perhaps somebody else knows where to find it?

sindydee
06-03-2012, 07:02 AM

Thank you for posting this. I have exactly the same response to torture - neglect etc of animals, it effects me very very badly on an emotional level, more so than reading and seeing human beings being hurt. I too wondered why i feel like this, but I guess different things effect people in different ways. There's nothing wrong with you :) x

The video of this killing, did make me feel physically sick, (and to be honest I watched some of it peeking through my fingers) but it has given me an insight as to what actually happens in some of the cases I read about on here. Which is not particually a good thing. It's one thing reading about them, but actually being able to see what one of these victims had to endure. It puts a whole new perspective on what I read about now. Also to actually see this guy, enjoying, laughing about what he is doing with such confidence. It is very very scary.

No_Stone_Unturned
06-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Still haven't got him yet?

I'm still on the AG, SV and SL train of thought.

And I don't get why some people are saying that the prisons are "cushy" here in Canada. Granted, we don't have the death penalty here. I suppose prisoners are more violent towards each other when they are facing the death penalty - they have nothing to lose.

~n/t~
06-03-2012, 07:05 AM

Oh dear. You have got to be kidding me! Even in Quebec city you can order food in English. I don't know where you visited in Quebec. Gaspésie, perhaps or Lac St-Jean.

Montreal is a bilingual city and perhaps the second largest city for tourism. I'm going to guess Toronto is first based on my knowledge. I would have to look at actual facts.

Yes french is absolutely mandatory if you want to live here. French is mandatory if you want to get a decent job. Immigrant children must attend french school by law. Bill 101.

But by no means does one have to know french to visit here or even live here for a short period of time.

I agree that french Canadian is not the same as France french. Same as American English not the same as UK English.

LRM would have no problem in any province in Canada or any State. I seriously doubt his line of work requires any other language but English.

:moo: and I'm local.

The Gael
06-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Hi all, newbie here. I haven't seen this detail brought up yet so I thought I would just mention it now, am I right in thinking the babymaggie11 profile was a fake profile used by LM to drum up interest in the video on the 15th of May before the murder actually took place by creating this thread here (http://www.ohlookaforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17600)?

Well it seems he also tried this on the http://www.criminalsolicitor.net/ forum. An account was created on the 17th of May called babymaggie1 and the name provided is Emily Bordelais which seems to be another name for Karla Homolka who LM seems to have had some form of infatuation with. The location provided was the UK.

The thread has been deleted and doesn't seem to be available in the google cache but I could get this much from the google search link (https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&cp=66&gs_id=4&xhr=t&q=%22is+called+%221+Lunatic+1+Ice+Pick%22+It+was+a pparently+filmed+in+San%22&pf=p&safe=off&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=%22is+called+%221+Lunatic+1+Ice+Pick%22+It+was+ apparently+filmed+in+San%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=d2f5f37bb887a40c&biw=1517&bih=741):

"...is called "1 Lunatic 1 Ice Pick" It was apparently filmed in San Fransisco or Russia by some psychopath. I have friends in San Fransisco and I..."

Same misspelling of San Francisco as in the original thread but this time mentioning Russia which he didn't do originally. It is strange why he chose a website used for UK based criminal solicitors. Might it be an indication of his thoughts before he killed of returning to the UK after the act?

P.s. There is nothing else of note in the babymaggie1 profile information (you have to register to view), the only other detail is that it was last active on May 18th so presumably he went back to check on how his thread was progressing only to find it had been deleted by a moderator.

~n/t~
06-03-2012, 07:16 AM
fwiw I've seen more photos of him with brown eyes than blue eyes so I think it's safe to assume that he wore coloured lenses.

Here's a photo of him with very short hair.

http://www.2bmag.com/2012/05/porn-actor-sought-in-connection-to-severed-foot-murder-8444

No_Stone_Unturned
06-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Another New Charge - Threatening The Prime Minister

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/magnotta-to-be-charged-with-threatening-pm-police-say/article4227038/?cmpid=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

~n/t~
06-03-2012, 07:21 AM

Both Air France and Air Canada have layovers in Toronto for flights from Montreal to France.

Sonya610
06-03-2012, 07:27 AM

I'm also mad about myself because I do find this disgusting POS attractive.He reminds me of Sid Vicious.I'm also upset because I cried so much about the kittens,it just breaks my heart...

Yes he is very attractive, but in the interview I saw he came cross as VERY strange and vacant, and I don't say that because he likes dismembering people.

I also agree on the kitten thing, I absolutely do not watch videos containing animal abuse. Human victims are different, in the case of that video it is basically abuse of a corpse. I also wonder if other videos will be released, obviously the more graphic scenes were edited out of that one.

I have not read back through this whole thread but does anyone know where/how he met the victim? In the gay snuff fetish world there are a LOT of guys that openly troll for the "real deal" and there have been planned killings before, if he wanted a willing victim it woudn't have been hard to find one.

~n/t~
06-03-2012, 07:28 AM
This is in response to an earlier request for a wanted poster ... still in draft form ... does anyone have the Montreal contact info handy? n/t? ... suggestions for changes? Until he is caught, it might be a good idea to get his photo out there ... on lamp posts.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/zed0101/Eric_Newman_Luka_Rocco_Magnotta_Wanted.jpg

Emergency: 9-1-1
From outside Montréal : 514 280-2121
Info-Crime: 514 393-1133
SMS Txt Info-Crime Montréal : 274637
Your message should be preceded by the word ICM

I think the sketch of him as he would possibly look as a woman should be included but that's jmo.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/archives/sunnews/canada/media/2012/06/20120601-081631-g.jpg

Thanks for making the poster!!!

patriciah
06-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Yes, I posted about this yesterday. The babymaggie user name makes me certain that it was him posting, using Homolka's user name. He posted on a Karla Homolka forum I read regularly a few years ago, and she was outed there for posting on a parenting forum using that name. I don't believe they ever dated or met, I think he probably admires her and maybe stalked her.

Hi all, newbie here. I haven't seen this detail brought up yet so I thought I would just mention it now, am I right in thinking the babymaggie11 profile was a fake profile used by LM to drum up interest in the video on the 15th of May before the murder actually took place by creating this thread here (http://www.ohlookaforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17600)?

Well it seems he also tried this on the http://www.criminalsolicitor.net/ forum. An account was created on the 17th of May called babymaggie1 and the name provided is Emily Bordelais which seems to be another name for Karla Homolka who LM seems to have had some form of infatuation with. The location provided was the UK.

The thread has been deleted and doesn't seem to be available in the google cache but I could get this much from the google search link (https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&cp=66&gs_id=4&xhr=t&q=%22is+called+%221+Lunatic+1+Ice+Pick%22+It+was+a pparently+filmed+in+San%22&pf=p&safe=off&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=%22is+called+%221+Lunatic+1+Ice+Pick%22+It+was+ apparently+filmed+in+San%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=d2f5f37bb887a40c&biw=1517&bih=741):

"...is called "1 Lunatic 1 Ice Pick" It was apparently filmed in San Fransisco or Russia by some psychopath. I have friends in San Fransisco and I..."

Same misspelling of San Francisco as in the original thread but this time mentioning Russia which he didn't do originally. It is strange why he chose a website used for UK based criminal solicitors. Might it be an indication of his thoughts before he killed of returning to the UK after the act?

P.s. There is nothing else of note in the babymaggie1 profile information (you have to register to view), the only other detail is that it was last active on May 18th so presumably he went back to check on how his thread was progressing only to find it had been deleted by a moderator.

patriciah
06-03-2012, 07:38 AM
he also posted here as babymaggie

http://www.ohlookaforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17600

[QUOTE=The Gael;8002855]Hi all, newbie here. I haven't seen this detail brought up yet so I thought I would just mention it now, am I right in thinking the babymaggie11 profile was a fake profile used by LM to drum up interest in the video on the 15th of May before the murder actually took place by creating this thread here (http://www.ohlookaforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17600)?

Flossie JMO
06-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Hi Otto: There was an older pic or two in this global news video:

http://www.globalnews.ca/video/reaction+from+magnottas+family+and+friends/video.html?v=2241633059&p=1&s=dd#magnotta+manhunt

~n/t~
06-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Along with first-degree murder and other charges Magnotta is already facing, Montreal investigators filed additional charges on Friday related to the shipping of body parts to Ottawa.

The new indictment alleges that Magnotta "did act towards (Prime Minister) Stephen Harper and members of Parliament, knowing they were being harassed or being reckless as to whether they were being harassed."

In addition to the two new charges of uttering threats — each of which carries a maximum two-year prison sentence — Magnotta is accused of using the mail system "for the purpose of transmitting or delivering anything that is obscene, indecent, immoral or scurrilous."

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Tory+staffers+receive+counselling+over+severed+foo t/6720491/story.html

Also in the article, government staffers receive trauma counselling. I feel so sorry for the poor woman who opened the box. :(

Many of the staffers are young interns so this must've been horrific.

LadyL
06-03-2012, 08:16 AM
French used to be a mandatory language in schools across Canada after grade 3, but over the years many things have changed. Around here, it's no longer mandatory ... barely optional. In fact, there are so many cultures blending into Canada that many other language instruction schools exist to provide education in culturally friendly environments. Children can attend a Catholic School, Public School, French Immersion School, Muslim School, Spanish, Chinese or Arabic Immersion school ... it's pretty much anything goes now. Even if French classes were mandatory when Eric was in school (born 1982), there's no reason to believe he speaks Quebec French. Of all the people that did have French language instruction in school, only a handful actually learned anything.

[bbm]

exactly, I had it from kindergarten to high school and only a few phrases/words remain in my vocabulary

It's not difficult though to get by in Europe without languages - so many people speak English and many of the menus are bilingual

~n/t~
06-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Luka Rocco Magnotta a “liar,” a “nut job” and the product of “dysfunctional family” says Peterborough relative

He was born to parents Don Newman and Anna Yourkin, but he was raised by his biological grandmother, who was described as a domineering personality who would beat up people with submissive personalities and get them to do what she wants.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Luka+Rocco+Magnotta+liar+product+dysfunctional+fam ily+says/6720404/story.html

nike
06-03-2012, 08:17 AM
I was looking at Magnotta’s web site at http://www.luka-magnotta.net/cyber-stalking.html and I found the same comments on this site –

http://blogs.artvoice.com/avdaily/2012/01/26/valentis-might-want-to-frame-those-gift-cards/

The poster’s name is LMAO. When you expand his profile you can see that he made comments as recently as 3 days ago.

Luka also created a soundtrack for himself at http://wn.com/sopranos2322, and the track "This is for you" was updated 4 days ago.

I already sent this information to the Montreal Police some time ago.

Sonya610
06-03-2012, 08:29 AM
I was wondering what happened over on the other thread because I couldn't "Quote" anyone! I thought I was in trouble! :truce: I wanted to address the thought that the video was fake. IMHO, it was NOT fake, but I can see how someone would think that.

Yeah I agree it is real. I think one thing that made it look fake was the lack of mess. In some scenes the white mattress cover is still perfectly clean. I would have expected more of a mess, I wonder if he moved the body off the bed and bled it out before the dismemberment.

Also I do think this was at least partly consensual, the tenderness at the beginning of the video and the way the victim shifts around looks very consensual, though maybe he thought it was just a bondage scene.

Maracuja
06-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Yes he is very attractive, but in the interview I saw he came cross as VERY strange and vacant, and I don't say that because he likes dismembering people.

I also agree on the kitten thing, I absolutely do not watch videos containing animal abuse. Human victims are different, in the case of that video it is basically abuse of a corpse. I also wonder if other videos will be released, obviously the more graphic scenes were edited out of that one.

I have not read back through this whole thread but does anyone know where/how he met the victim? In the gay snuff fetish world there are a LOT of guys that openly troll for the "real deal" and there have been planned killings before, if he wanted a willing victim it woudn't have been hard to find one.

I just want to understand why you bring up so often since yesterday, and this totally randomly... that the Jun Lin would have been willingly killed.... The man was killed,,,let him rest in peace and focus on the killer please. I understand this may be an opinion but, correct me if i am wrong, i don't think saying that is neither a new hot trail, neither relevant to the case.....the guy is dead....R.E.S.P.E.C.T

~n/t~
06-03-2012, 08:34 AM
For anyone who wants to follow Montreal Police - twitter. Here is the link. There haven't been any tweets regarding Magnotta yesterday (that I could find). Most of the tweets were regarding the student protest.

Some english tweets. Any information posted is in french and then in English.

http://twitter.com/#!/SPVM

nike
06-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Everyone probably knows already that Luka has a ton of Photobucket accounts. I've found 19 so far. I thought it was interesting that his "guantanamera" account contains a picture of him posing with Toronto's Chief of Police -

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z385/guantanamera/?action=view&current=police.jpg

Flossie JMO
06-03-2012, 08:37 AM
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Tory+staffers+receive+counselling+over+severed+foo t/6720491/story.html

Also in the article, government staffers receive trauma counselling. I feel so sorry for the poor woman who opened the box. :(

Many of the staffers are young interns so this must've been horrific.

It's horrible. Can't imagine :(

I suspect there will be some fallout for the mailroom. I assume mail is to be scanned/xrayed prior to delivery. Not sure how it could have slipped by. Wonder if it was stamped or had a sticker indicating they had scanned/xrayed it? Eta - wait, was it confirmed who opened it? Was it government/mailroom staff or political staff?

~n/t~
06-03-2012, 08:38 AM
The last tweet regarding this case was made on Friday

1 Jun Police Montréal‏@SPVM

@tiredaile @Interpol_HQ @RivieraReporter This is not true. The suspect has not been arrested yet. The @SPVM is still looking MAGNOTTA.

~n/t~
06-03-2012, 08:43 AM
It's horrible. Can't imagine :(

I suspect there will be some fallout for the mailroom. I assume mail is to be scanned/xrayed prior to delivery. Not sure how it could have slipped by. Wonder if it was stamped or had a sticker indicating they had scanned/xrayed it? Eta - was it confirmed who opened it? Was it government/mailroom staff or political. staff?

Yes, horrific. I don't know what security measures they have in place for government offices regarding mail/package deliveries. Perhaps they're only equipped to scan for explosives (??)