PDA

View Full Version : ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Karmady
06-12-2012, 03:45 PM
For those of you who have viewed the video and are discussing the timeline, perhaps you could address the following. I just stumbled onto another site where they are discussing the video ... that at 2:22 there are very visible stab wounds on the victim's right arm, and that those same wounds are not seen at 2:24. From the still pic they posted, it would appear that way to me also.

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES as a result of the following google image search criterion i was using:

luka magnotta photobucket casablanca

GRAPHIC

I guess I fall into that category of posters, but I can't answer this. Sorry. I very clearly remember the stab marks on the right arm, but I didn't note the timestamp or look for them in other shots. I think you would have to watch the video many, many times and then do a frame by fram comparison to notice that kind of detail Personally, it would probably take me ten times or more just to be able to watch MOST of it without covering my eyes or looking away repeatedly. It is just horrifying. I'm not even ready to see any stills at this point.

x_files
06-12-2012, 03:46 PM
That's not possible, Jun Lin was last seen alive on the 24th and the killvid was uploaded on the 25th.

It is possible that the first part of the video where Jun Lin is still alive was filmed a few weeks previously to his killing though, I think that's what Sealuzna was speculating.

I speculate that he may have shot videos previously with just bondage and edited the into the killvid.

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 03:47 PM
For those of you who have viewed the video and are discussing the timeline, perhaps you could address the following. I just stumbled onto another site where they are discussing the video ... that at 2:22 there are very visible stab wounds on the victim's right arm, and that those same wounds are not seen at 2:24. From the still pic they posted, it would appear that way to me also.

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES as a result of the following google image search criterion i was using:

luka magnotta photobucket casablancaWhat that poster is claiming as 2 stab wounds on the arm in the first pic are actually the shadow of his armpit and his nipple. That is crystal clear to me.

thefragile7393
06-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Lack of Vitamin D in Northern States contributes to depression, suicide and other forms of mental illness. It cannot be ruled out. But, Luka's problems are far more outside the realm of lack of Vitamin D. Just might contribute to his overall health.
Age has nothing to do with Vitamin D deficiency.

Thank you.....you said it better than i could. Those who already have psychological problems can be more prone and sensitive to symptoms like Seasonal Affective Disorder. Which could be a small contributing factor.....he has bigger issues going on which is why i say it would be a small thing mixed with everything else.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

prima.facie
Hello, can anyone find the photobucket link by 'binxie'?
This string is getting so long even finding old details takes some sleuthing.
I'm looking for that photo of the ex-girlfriends in front of the limo.
Can someone DM it to me? I'd be really grateful.

all of LM's photobucket accounts are found here:

Luka Rocco Magnotta: Timeline/Media/Search Info NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
you will have to go thru them all probably to find what it is you are looking for...

Sealuzna
Sealuzna, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she means that the victim left the apt. alive after the first part was filmed and that the rest of it happened on a different occasion, entirely.That is correct. That is my theory.

JayFriend
06-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Don't you guys have Daylight Savings Time? Maybe you mean PDT/EDT?? :)
Every province except Saskatchewan has Daylight Saving Time.

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 03:51 PM
That's not possible, Jun Lin was last seen alive on the 24th and the killvid was uploaded on the 25th.

It is possible that the first part of the video where Jun Lin is still alive was filmed a few weeks previously to his killing though, I think that's what Sealuzna was speculating.Exactly.

dallydilly
06-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Thank you.....you said it better than i could. Those who already have psychological problems can be more prone and sensitive to symptoms like Seasonal Affective Disorder. Which could be a small contributing factor.....he has bigger issues going on which is why i say it would be a small thing mixed with everything else.

aww c'mon, the words grasping and straws come to mind, I live in a country where atm it's meant to be summer, yet we have the flipping heating on and cloudy skys. He travelled all over (allegedly) Miami, Florida, France..Bahamas, no, sorry for been flippant but this doesn't cut any mustard with me, yeh the guys screwed up, no doubt about that. :twocents::moo:

sillybilly
What that poster is claiming as 2 stab wounds on the arm in the first pic are actually the shadow of his armpit and his nipple. That is crystal clear to me.

They are most definitely not shadows in the still shot i am referring to.

ETA: No, you are absolutely right Sealuzna ... I had to magnify the image and it is precisely as you say.

Oh, shoulda had more java this morning.

Sealuzna
I suspect you don't agree with the Sun newspapers' political stance ;) but it should not affect their reporting of other news. I know we tend to dismiss whatever anyone not of our own political persuasion says. About a year ago, someone on a technical forum I frequent, came out with a vile lefty rant. Since then, I've been doubting his technical expertise, which is quite irrational, but I'm coming around.

(BTW, for those outside Canada, the Sun newspaper chain here is not to be confused with the Sun tabloid in the U.K.)
Jay, with all due respect, can you please knock it off with the politics? It has nothing to do with whether I or anyone else thinks the papers Sun media puts out are useless rags or not.

Thank you.

JayFriend
Now this is about 10 years ago and my husband and I decided to to to Mont Tremblant for the weekend. We had rented this beautiful chalet with hot tub, etc. Well of course it just happened to be the coldest darn weekend EVER. I am not a skier but our youngest son and two of his friends decided to join us, they were snowboarding for the first time, lol, and we told our son, who had never been to Tremblant before that he was NOT going to start snowboarding at Tremblant unless he wanted to break his leg. We took them up to the summit and it was closed because is was -70 celcius :what: at the top. I have NEVER felt that kind of cold. Needless to say we had a drink at the bar and came down pretty quick. We did however, idiots that we are, decide to go tubing at Ste-Agathe. I lasted all of 10 minutes, lol. Being Canadian I am pretty much use to the cold but there is a limit and -70 celcius I NEVER want to feel that again, lol.

February, right? I think I was there!:coldout:

Jujercu
06-12-2012, 03:55 PM

luka magnotta photobucket casablanca

What bothered me more is I counted 100 stabs...yet when it pans down it only looks like a few marks on the body. Not 100 that is for sure. But I wrote it off as grainy low quality camera.

No_Stone_Unturned
06-12-2012, 03:57 PM
fwiw, you don't have to be 70 to have the weather and lack of daylight bother you. I know many people who live in Minnesota and a lot of them have commented on how depressing (for real, depressing) it is to go through the entire Winter there. Many of them use special lights to counter it - can't remember what they're called. Not saying this was necessarily lm's problem and clearly it was not his ONLY problem, but it probably didn't help.

You're talking about SAD = Seasonal Affective Disorder. I have it and to counter it I take 2,000 IU Vitamin D-3 daily. It helps.

And SAD hasn't caused me to run out and murder people!! :what:

Jujercu
06-12-2012, 03:59 PM

It is possible that the first part of the video where Jun Lin is still alive was filmed a few weeks previously to his killing though, I think that's what Sealuzna was speculating.

Yeah I was thinking it was only a 24 hr period too...but ok I get what you are all saying. That the first part of the vid was another occasion. hmmm, interesting

No_Stone_Unturned
06-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Every province except Saskatchewan has Daylight Saving Time.

Indeed. I know this because my husband and I are addicted to "Corner Gas". :)

dallydilly
06-12-2012, 04:00 PM
You're talking about SAD = Seasonal Affective Disorder. I have it and to counter it I take 2,000 IU Vitamin D-3 daily. It helps.

Thank you! (and sorry you're affected)

Karmady
06-12-2012, 04:00 PM

fwiw, I'm sure binxie linked the guantanamera photobucket account and I'm sure that's where those pics were. I'm also sure that's the ONLY place I've seen them. And I think I've seen most of them by this point. Looks like that pb acct was taken down, so even if you found binxie's link, it wouldn't work.

Maybe they're out there somewhere else, but just warning you that you might be on a wild goose chase if you intend to look through all those accts. to find them.

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 04:01 PM
They are most definitely not shadows in the still shot i am referring to.Is it the tackyjan photo you asked us to Google? If so, I guess I'm just seeing it differently than you in the picture after his arm has moved and the wounds have magically disappeared. Can you explain why they would disappear? Is there an obvious edit in the two seconds between the shots perhaps? (I haven't seen the vid). Also, what is the significance of the "disappearing wounds"?

ETA: nevermind :) I've seen your subsequent ETA :)

x_files
06-12-2012, 04:03 PM

No, SAD doesn't usually cause sane people to murder, but it can drive some to suicide. Seattle has a high rate of suicide and serial killers. Depression from the lack of sun/Vitamin D, causes unhealthy balances. Combine that with bi-poplar and psychopathy.
Luka won't be able to blame SAD.

Karmady
06-12-2012, 04:05 PM

no, no...as I said, I think even if that was among the problems lm had, it certainly wasn't the only one. I would think that SAD would, if anything, make one more inclined to harm themselves. And I know that for most people it's just a minor depression that's treatable through various means. Not likely to turn someone into a homicidal maniac!

Jujercu
06-12-2012, 04:06 PM
fwiw, I'm sure binxie linked the guantanamera photobucket account and I'm sure that's where those pics were. I'm also sure that's the ONLY place I've seen them. And I think I've seen most of them by this point. Looks like that pb acct was taken down, so even if you found binxie's link, it wouldn't work.

Maybe they're out there somewhere else, but just warning you that you might be on a wild goose chase if you intend to look through all those accts. to find them.

I found the one of him and a dark haired girl taken on the same night as the limo pics..this version has no black bar hiding her face...is that what you are looking for?

Oldsoul2
06-12-2012, 04:06 PM
A shockingly, appaling sick sick human being..I haven't watched the video and never will. This kid actually tried to attain fame from his sick acts. Put him away and throw away the key and never look back, there's no fixing this type of person.

find
06-12-2012, 04:10 PM

this one ?
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm8/whatsgoingon8/shane30343.jpg

Karmady
06-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I found the one of him and a dark haired girl taken on the same night as the limo pics..this version has no black bar hiding her face...is that what you are looking for?

I'm not looking for it. Broomboys is. But no, I don't think that's it. There were two photos right next to each other in the guantanamera account. The first is a blond and the second is a dark-haired girl who appears to be Asian. I guess the second girl may the same one in the photo you're referring to if that girl is Asian.

JayFriend
06-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Indeed. I know this because my husband and I are addicted to "Corner Gas". :)
Yeah, Saskatchewan is so flat, you can watch your dog run away for 3 days. Daylight Saving Time wouldn't make any difference. :yesss:

Karmady
06-12-2012, 04:14 PM
this one ?
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm8/whatsgoingon8/shane30343.jpg

I don't now about broomboys, but that's the one I was thinking of, for sure.

OEJ
06-12-2012, 04:14 PM

So true.

No_Stone_Unturned
06-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Dark Romance:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Luka+Rocco+Magnotta+girlfriend+talks+about+dark+ro mance+with+video/6757995/story.html

OEJ
06-12-2012, 04:17 PM

No, of course not. I don't believe anyone said it would.

italianWSfan
06-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Jun Lin was last seen May, 24th at 9pm when he finished work. So lets say LM recorded the first part of the video (Jun Lin alive) around midnight. That could be correct regarding the video, as it is dark. It is still dark when Jun Lin is dead and when LM starts the stabbing. The first time there is more light in the video is when Jun Lin is completely dismembered. So lets say, its morning time on May, 25th. At the end of the video its getting a little dark again. Could it be that LM just closed the curtains? Or did it rain on the 25th, was the weather bad?
IMO: LM finished his video around 12am. He then would have had the whole afternoon to put the garbage outside, clean up and edit the video. I assume he then uploaded it late in the evening.
Does anybody know what time it was uploaded to that gore site?
Does anybody know what date and time the body parts were mailed from Montreal? Was it on the 25th or 26th?
He took his plane to France on the 26th, just before midnight.

All of the above is only speculation.

OEJ
06-12-2012, 04:26 PM

I believe the photo is probably in: "whatsgoingon8's" album on photobucket.

OEJ
06-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Yeah, Saskatchewan is so flat, you can watch your dog run away for 3 days. Daylight Saving Time wouldn't make any difference. :yesss:

Bwahaha!! Oh gosh, that's funny JayFriend.

find
06-12-2012, 04:35 PM
was the weather bad?

MONTREAL DORVAL INTL 24th may 2012
Temperature
Minimum Temperature
13.0 °C

Mean Temperature
21.3 °C

Maximum Temperature
28.0 °C

Pressure and Dew Point
Mean Sea Level Pressure
101.76 kPa

Mean Dew Point
13.4 °C

Precipitation
Total Precipitation
0.00 cm

Rain and/or melted snow reported during the day.

Visibility
28.2 km

Snow Depth
No data.

Last report for the day if reported more than once.

Wind Speed and Gusts
Mean Wind Speed
8.52 kmh

Maximum Sustained Wind Speed
13.00 kmh

Maximum Wind Gust
35.19 kmh

MONTREAL DORVAL INTL 25th may 2012
Temperature
Minimum Temperature
13.4 °C

Mean Temperature
23.1 °C

Maximum Temperature
28.4 °C

Pressure and Dew Point
Mean Sea Level Pressure
101.64 kPa

Mean Dew Point
16.2 °C

Precipitation
Total Precipitation
0.00 cm

Rain and/or melted snow reported during the day.

Visibility
24.1 km

Snow Depth
No data.

Last report for the day if reported more than once.

Wind Speed and Gusts
Mean Wind Speed
19.08 kmh

Maximum Sustained Wind Speed
14.00 kmh

Maximum Wind Gust
33.34 kmh

http://www.almanac.com/weather/history/postalcode/H4J%202K9/2012-05-25

Karmady
06-12-2012, 04:37 PM
I believe the photo is probably in: "whatsgoingon8's" album on photobucket.

Thanks. It is. Someone posted it upthread. Can't believe I missed one lol

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Jun Lin was last seen May, 24th at 9pm when he finished work. So lets say LM recorded the first part of the video (Jun Lin alive) around midnight. That could be correct regarding the video, as it is dark. It is still dark when Jun Lin is dead and when LM starts the stabbing. The first time there is more light in the video is when Jun Lin is completely dismembered. So lets say, its morning time on May, 25th. At the end of the video its getting a little dark again. Could it be that LM just closed the curtains? Or did it rain on the 25th, was the weather bad?
IMO: LM finished his video around 12am. He then would have had the whole afternoon to put the garbage outside, clean up and edit the video. I assume he then uploaded it late in the evening.
Does anybody know what time it was uploaded to that gore site?
Does anybody know what date and time the body parts were mailed from Montreal? Was it on the 25th or 26th?
He took his plane to France on the 26th, just before midnight.

All of the above is only speculation.I'm not sure that the beginning of your timeline is correct. Several sources have said that Lin's shift ended at 5 p.m. and he last texted a friend at 9 p.m.. Here's one source:

"It said that the last time he was seen was on May 24 at 5 p.m. at his workplace. At around 9 p.m. he sent a text message to a friend, but after that his phone was off."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/01/lin-jun-alleged-victim-of-luka-rocco-magnotta-was-dead-before-reported-missing/

OEJ
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks. It is. Someone posted it upthread. Can't believe I missed one lol

I thought it was so creepy, too. There were two or three women with their eyes blanked out like that.

Karmady
06-12-2012, 04:43 PM
I thought it was so creepy, too. There were two or three women with their eyes blanked out like that.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think these pics may have been posted, at least at first, by the FB group. In that case, they may have used the black bars just to protect the identity of the women pictured with lm.

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Another for ItalianWSFan's timeline re: Lin's Thursday work schedule and the text message:

Just like he had done every shift since he began working at the Verdun dépanneur last August, Lin Jun showed up promptly at noon on May 24 and worked diligently during his five-hour shift.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/01/lin-jun-alleged-victim-of-luka-rocco-magnotta-was-dead-before-reported-missing/

italianWSfan
06-12-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure that the beginning of your timeline is correct. Several sources have said that Lin's shift ended at 5 p.m. and he last texted a friend at 9 p.m.. Here's one source:

"It said that the last time he was seen was on May 24 at 5 p.m. at his workplace. At around 9 p.m. he sent a text message to a friend, but after that his phone was off."

Thanks, I should have checked that once again.
Nobody knows what really happened, but I am having a hard time trying to.

But about something else: In one of LMs many photobucket accounts I saw a very weird photo
MAY BE GRAPHIC FOR ANIMAL LOVERS:
It was a photo of a fridge, the fridge door and the freezer compartment were open, STUFFED with dead kitten?? I couldnt believe my eyes, there were so many of them.
Anyone else who came across this photo?
Was this really LMs work?
How disgusting!

find
06-12-2012, 04:53 PM

But about something else: In one of LMs many photobucket accounts I saw a very weird photo
It was a photo of a fridge, the fridge door and the freezer compartment were open, STUFFED with dead kitten?? I couldnt believe my eyes, there were so many of them.
How disgusting!

Yes iv seen it. in case your wondering its not the freezer from the Montreal Apartment.

Jezbel
06-12-2012, 04:53 PM
I think you or I are confusing various posts and the Vancouver Sun (which is not part of Sun media)

The Vancouver Sun is a reputable newspaper. The newspapers from Sun media group are not IMHO

Not all papers within the Sun media group can be classified as non credible, for one The London Free Press is part of that, it is not a tabloid paper and is actually a very credible and widely read paper.

JMO

OEJ
06-12-2012, 04:56 PM

How disgusting!

Oh gawd...no. I didn't see that.

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Not all papers within the Sun media group can be classified as non credible, for one The London Free Press is part of that, it is not a tabloid paper and is actually a very credible and widely read paper.

JMOI would agree with that.

Cappuccino
06-12-2012, 05:03 PM
For those of us who can't tell Canadian time, (ie me), can we safely assume that nothing showed up in the post today, or is it still too early to know?

italianWSfan
06-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Yes iv seen it. in case your wondering its not the freezer from the Montreal Apartment.

I was just wondering, did he kill them just for the fun? Or is it because his family had a petshop (I dont know if thats true) and they were ill and euthanised because nobody wanted them?

I mean, where would he even get so many kitten?

DD_bwest
06-12-2012, 05:13 PM
For those of us who can't tell Canadian time, (ie me), can we safely assume that nothing showed up in the post today, or is it still too early to know?

i believe the hands and feet in vancouver were around 1-2pm local time.. its now 2:10pm, it would take a while for news to break had anything happend. i don't think anything will tho. "6 packages" could have been there to leave canada wondering where the other 2 went etc.. could just be part of the game and he disposed of the head somewhere very discreet

prima.facie
06-12-2012, 05:16 PM

How disgusting!

****GRAPHIC****

there are only 2 kittens...the ones he killed and filmed while doing it....that took place 2 years ago and is what brought him to light and a hunt on him began. he also fed a cat to a python (filmed it) and tied a cat to a broomstick and drowned it in a bath (filmed it)

I was just wondering, did he kill them just for the fun? Or is it because his family had a petshop (I dont know if thats true) and they were ill and euthanised because nobody wanted them?

I mean, where would he even get so many kitten?

he killed them because he is a sick piece of **** and the petshop is a lie he posted under one of his crazy aliases...
obtaining animals is super easy....shelters all over the place, ads on craigslist/freecycle type sites, and so on.....

LM is not notorious for just killing another human....he has been killing living beings for years now....and capturing it on video...

This group (and a member is now a member here at WS) is responsible for helping get this POS off the streets...they have been on his ass for over 2 years now...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForGreatJustice/#!/groups/ForGreatJustice/
http://www.abproject.org/

otto
06-12-2012, 05:20 PM
The only thing that leads me to think he may not be transported via a commercial airline is that he's not simply a murderer. He will be charged with criminal harassment of the Prime Minister according to MSM. This case is unique. That said, I wouldn't be surprised either way.

He is accused of crimes, but until he's convicted he's not actually a murderer. He's just another passenger on the plane.

JayFriend
06-12-2012, 05:25 PM
He is accused of crimes, but until he's convicted he's not actually a murderer. He's just another passenger on the plane.
You're right. My feeling is that there will be no announcement of when exactly he'll be transported to Canada just so the media doesn't lay siege on the airport.

italianWSfan
06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
****GRAPHIC****

there are only 2 kittens...the ones he killed and filmed while doing it....that took place 2 years ago and is what brought him to light and a hunt on him began. he also fed a cat to a python (filmed it) and tied a cat to a broomstick and drowned it in a bath (filmed it)

he killed them because he is a sick piece of **** and the petshop is a lie he posted under one of his crazy aliases...
obtaining animals is super easy....shelters all over the place, ads on craigslist/freecycle type sites, and so on.....

LM is not notorious for just killing another human....he has been killing living beings for years now....and capturing it on video...

This group (and a member is now a member here at WS) is responsible for helping get this POS off the streets...they have been on his ass for over 2 years now...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForGreatJustice/#!/groups/ForGreatJustice/
http://www.abproject.org/

Believe me, the photo I have here is not about 2 kitten. I know which photo you are talking about, but I found another one. I can count up to 20 kitten in that fridge, but those are only the ones at the front. Its a huge pile of baby kitten.
I know about the kitten killing videos and all, but this is... whoa.

Baudi Moovan
06-12-2012, 05:35 PM
yeah, that's it. And it does appear that the acct. has been removed. Wonder why. I think the fb group had posted it as a photobucket (vkk) and that one is gone, too, I think. Wasn't a member over there posting here as well? Maybe she knows why.

Yeah that was one of our accounts, don't know why but we've been banned from Photobucket now.

otto
06-12-2012, 05:37 PM
You're right. My feeling is that there will be no announcement of when exactly he'll be transported to Canada just so the media doesn't lay siege on the airport.

I can't see Montreal authorities making an announcement about when Eric is getting on the plane or arriving in Canada, and I doubt that Germany will make an announcement without Canadian permission. Neither country seems to use media to sensationalize brutal murders. Someone on the plane may contact someone on the ground to get the word out ...

matou
06-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Believe me, the photo I have here is not about 2 kitten. I know which photo you are talking about, but I found another one. I can count up to 20 kitten in that fridge, but those are only the ones at the front. Its a huge pile of baby kitten.
I know about the kitten killing videos and all, but this is... whoa.

Can you tell us where to find the photo of all the kittens if you can't link it?

otto
06-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I find that I have to skip over so many comments because they are about the ugly details of video that Eric produced or horrible animal cruelty ... hope I'm not missing information related to the arrest and prosecution for the murder of Lin Jun.

DevilsPlayThing
06-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Just a few questions / observations .
Was mentioned {reported ?} CCTV footage exists from outside the Montreal rented home of Luka. Footage of items being placed in or near trash bin.
Any footage of Lin Jun and Luka entering the home together ?

Any details of how the 2 knew each other ? Luka possibly trolled CL. Did the 2 meet online? Or have a real life relationship ? How did Lin Jun end up at the home of Luka? Were the reports of Luka having been broken up with by Lin Jun true possible at all ? Did they enter the home together - or did Lin Jun simply knock on the door - never having set eyes on Luka in real life until the day of his demise. Possibly being set up in some way - answering a CL ad for purchase of anything from text books to a bike or any number of things.

A family member of Luka mentioned that at aged 7 Luka did something that destroyed their family - but gave no details.

A few articles mention Luka has a child - the person who rented the apartment to Luka stated Luka moved to the area to be close to his child. Another man who took photos of Luka in his home has written an article and included the photos - this man also states Luka told him he has a child.
Photos of Luka with a child have been included in Luka's True Blue Video. Is this his child - or possibly a nephew ?

Among the unsecured creditors was the Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services, which was owed $1,030 for an unspecified debt. If Luka owed Child Support in Ontario - would Social Services be the agency to collect - or can this debt be ruled out in connection to Child Support issues ?

italianWSfan
06-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Can you tell us where to find the photo of all the kittens if you can't link it?

I have the link, but I dont think I am allowed to post it.
The photobucket user is "Spiceboxtroll". There are 5 pages of LM photos. The kitten photo is on the last page, first on the bottom row.

Its crazy!

matou
06-12-2012, 05:49 PM
I also have some questions about LM's criminal past:

In 2004, a charge of fraud, four counts of impersonating an authority, six counts of possession of property obtained by crime and a single count of sex assault were all withdrawn.
His bail conditions were extensive and included an order to stay away from a theft victim. The conditions also prohibited him from owning or using any computers, accessing the Internet and email and possessing "any 35mm cameras, digital cameras or video cameras."

http://www2.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=6707157

I would like to know more information about this without revealing who the victim was. How was he impersonating an authority? And why no internet access or use of film and camera equipment? What does that have to do with the charges (that were dropped?) Is this payback for things and reprimands from his past?

lovelydork
06-12-2012, 05:52 PM
i believe the kitten pictures are in the facebook group find the vacuum kitten killer but you may not want to look at them :( i wish i could get the images out of my head

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Was mentioned {reported ?} CCTV footage exists from outside the Montreal rented home of Luka. Footage of items being placed in or near trash bin.

Any details of how the 2 knew each other ? Luka possibly trolled CL. Did the 2 meet online? Or have a real life relationship ? How did Lin Jun end up at the home of Luka? Were the reports of Luka having been broken up with by Lin Jun true possible at all ? Did they enter the home together - or did Lin Jun simply knock on the door - never having set eyes on Luka in real life until the day of his demise. Possibly being set up in some way - answering a CL ad for purchase of anything from text books to a bike or any number of things.

A family member of Luka mentioned that at aged 7 Luka did something that destroyed their family - but gave no details.

A few articles mention Luka has a child - the person who rented the apartment to Luka stated Luka moved to the area to be close to his child. Another man who took photos of Luka in his home has written an article and included the photos - this man also states Luka told him he has a child.
Photos of Luka with a child have been included in Luka's True Blue Video. Is this his child - or possibly a nephew ?

Among the unsecured creditors was the Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services, which was owed $1,030 for an unspecified debt. If Luka owed Child Support in Ontario - would Social Services be the agency to collect - or can this debt be ruled out in connection to Child Support issues ?
IIRC the rumour about him saying he was moving to Montreal to be closer to his child came from someone at the Toronto end, not the Montreal end (and certainly not from his Montreal landlord)

As for the Min. of Community and Social Services, that's probably for a welfare overpayment.

find
06-12-2012, 06:03 PM
I have the link, but I dont think I am allowed to post it.
The photobucket user is "Spiceboxtroll". There are 5 pages of LM photos. The kitten photo is on the last page, first on the bottom row.

Its crazy!

I dont know what to say about that picture. i think and hope its a picture from a pet store or veterinary clinic. for a means of storing the dead to prevent rotting while still in the store until time for removal from the premiss.

ccaudill0062
06-12-2012, 06:03 PM
@ Jujercu...I seen where you was talking earlier about two side by side comparison pics of Luka from the murder video, and the other from a kitten video. I seen them also, the only place I could find them was here, at the best gore site...this isn't a link to the video, just a link to an an article on there, I think this was when someone had started to link LM to the murder at the beginning of everything...

<modsnip>

Baudi Moovan
06-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Spiceboxtroll is one of our members who is no longer able to be with us. Spiceboxtroll worked on many different issues; and the mass amount of kittens in the fridge might have been something else they were working on.

21merc7
06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
I dont know what to say about that picture. i think and hope its a picture from a pet store or veterinary clinic. for a means of storing the dead to prevent rotting while still in the store until time for removal from the premiss.

This could be.

WARNING TO PET LOVERS

Sadly, the "reptilian" pet owners do feed the larger reptiles kittens, mice, rats, and rabbits. Most pet store sell live and frozen mice. Most pet stores and Animal Shelters hope you are not buying pet rabbits or kittens for this purpose. There are probably privately owned ones that sell the frozen other fur babies.

The reptile type pet owners do purchase or pick up free babies and store the surplus in the freezer. They may hook them up to the back of the car or the vacuum (as noted here) first. Or just put them in the freezer.

Makes me cry. Sorry to inform anyone, but please never give away free furries unless you know the person taking them home.

italianWSfan
06-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Spiceboxtroll is one of our members who is no longer able to be with us. Spiceboxtroll worked on many different issues; and the mass amount of kittens in the fridge might have been something else they were working on.

Thank you! thats why I wasnt sure if this was LMs work.
I am usually not very sensitive with dead animal pics, but this one is just awful.

prima.facie
06-12-2012, 06:21 PM
This could be.

WARNING TO PET LOVERS

Sadly, the "reptilian" pet owners do feed the larger reptiles kittens, mice, rats, and rabbits. Most pet store sell live and frozen mice. Most pet stores and Animal Shelters hope you are not buying pet rabbits or kittens for this purpose. There are probably privately owned ones that sell the frozen other fur babies.

The reptile type pet owners do purchase or pick up free babies and store the surplus in the freezer. They may hook them up to the back of the car or the vacuum (as noted here) first. Or just put them in the freezer.

Makes me cry. Sorry to inform anyone, but please never give away free furries unless you know the person taking them home.

dang....my father and brothers raised various types of reptiles up to a 4' long monitor....and even a baby caimen (we had around 30 reptiles of various kinds)....kittens and rabbits were never ever ever part of their diet....nobody we knew that had reptiles fed them that either....they did eat frozen mice (frozen so the mice dont bite the reptiles) and crickets....

i suppose some people may do that, but not all reptile owners do that.....i didnt know any personally...

writer7
06-12-2012, 06:44 PM
The guy has murdered someone in the most horrific way he could think of. He has actual videos of himself enjoying killing animals. I won't believe for a second that any of his killings have altruistic sides. If he cares what that big snake eats, it's for his own enjoyment, imho.

I do think he made the edited wannabe snuff film for attention as one huge motive, but I'm telling you, I think he got kicks from killing, too. It's not all for attention, imho.

I also think that's why parts were edited out. Those parts are for him, and he thinks they are special or private or something like that. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we find out that his killings of animals happened a lot more than just the videoed episodes :(

Reannan
06-12-2012, 06:55 PM

I wonder if the picture of the refrigerator stuffed with cats is one from the Delores Metcalf case. I remember reading about an animal hoarder who had a refrigerator stuffed with dead cats. Animal hoarding is a subject for another time, but I find it fascinating. Anyways, here is a link to an article about Delores Metcalf:

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. - In 2002, animal control (http://www.winonadailynews.com/content/tncms/live/#) officers in Liberty, Mo., went to a mobile home park on a report of animal hoarding.
They found 94 cats, four dogs, a rabbit and a ferret in a woman's trailer. An officer, learning one of the dogs was diabetic (http://www.winonadailynews.com/content/tncms/live/#), opened the refrigerator to check for insulin.
It was filled with dead cats, some in Tupperware containers."

http://www.winonadailynews.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/article_7b5b50d8-e3d0-11e0-a0ea-001cc4c002e0.html

Mbshafeena
06-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Someone here had found the Craigslist ad posted in Montreal asking for a free dog, March 20th. That member here said they sent a reply to the ad. Was a reply ever received?

Jujercu
06-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Someone here had found the Craigslist ad posted in Montreal asking for a free dog, March 20th. That member here said they sent a reply to the ad. Was a reply ever received?

No they never sent a reply to me.

Mbshafeena
06-12-2012, 07:24 PM
No they never sent a reply to me.

Oh dear

OEJ
06-12-2012, 07:24 PM
The guy has murdered someone in the most horrific way he could think of. He has actual videos of himself enjoying killing animals. I won't believe for a second that any of his killings have altruistic sides. If he cares what that big snake eats, it's for his own enjoyment, imho.

I do think he made the edited wannabe snuff film for attention as one huge motive, but I'm telling you, I think he got kicks from killing, too. It's not all for attention, imho.

I also think that's why parts were edited out. Those parts are for him, and he thinks they are special or private or something like that. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we find out that his killings of animals happened a lot more than just the videoed episodes :(

Yeah. I think he's been killing animals for a long, long time.

ccaudill0062
06-12-2012, 07:37 PM
cc, you might want to put a warning on that link. While it does go just to an article, I imagine the site's main page pic (which shows up in the link, as well) is rather disturbing to a lot of folks. Don't want you to get in trouble :)

Thanks for the tip...I did...I didn't really think about that until you mentioned it. I've never really been the type of person who can be disturbed by something easily but there are many people that are and need to be respected.

kaRN
06-12-2012, 08:45 PM

Respectfully BBM

No it would be the Family Responsibility Office he owed his debt to if it was child support. They fall under the umbrella of Community and Social Services but deal only with enforcement of court orders related Child Support in Ontario.
He may have owed money for welfare collected he wasn't entitled to. IE if he said his rent was x per month and on verification it was only half that or if he was discovered to have a job he didn't report etc.

kaRN
06-12-2012, 08:54 PM
@ DevilsPlayThing- from your profile
~Human Beings Are All Members Of One Body.
They Are Created From The Same Essence.
When One Member Is In Pain,
The Others Cannot Rest.
If You Do Not Care About The Pain Of Others,
You Do Not Deserve To Be Called A Human Being.~

What beautiful words and so appropriate to this case!! I love it!

Apple OC
06-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Welcome to WS!!
JMO but I believe LM probably spent lots of time on sites like BG before he started to emulate the 'educational material' he saw there. Creepy though isn't it.

thanks for the welcome :) ... I just find it very ironic that these 2 website themes are the same.

Mbshafeena
06-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Forgive me if this has already been made available but I had not read all the details provided in this article which states that back in 2005 the court imposed that Eric, LM now, had to move back in with his mother and had to be off the streets by 10:00 p.m.

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/05/31/magnotta-no-stranger-to-police

Apple OC
06-12-2012, 09:14 PM
they are not the same. Sure, both use WordPress which is one of the most common sites for blogging.....I could probably find a bunch of WordPress blogs that have the same layout....more than likely it is WordPress' most basic template.

I see nothing extraordinary about this.

With that said....why do you believe there is another "perp" involved....anything to back this up?

just a feeling I have ... I think this story is bigger than what appears

find
06-12-2012, 09:19 PM

I agree there is just so many oddity's

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Forgive me if this has already been made available but I had not read all the details provided in this article which states that back in 2005 the court imposed that Eric, LM now, had to move back in with his mother and had to be off the streets by 10:00 p.m.

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/05/31/magnotta-no-stranger-to-policeThanks Mbshafeena. The restriction “not to possess any 35-mm cameras, digital cameras or video cameras” appears unrelated to anything he was charged with or plead guilty to. :waitasec:

I can understand a judge restricting something that was used in the commission of a crime, e.g. if a woman commits a violent act, restrict her possession of weapons, or if a guy uses a camera for illegal voyeurism, restrict possession of image-making equipment, or if someone was charged with using email and internet to harass someone, restrict those things.

But for fraud charges? I'd love to see the agreed statement of facts from this pleading! I think it would be very telling.

This just gets weirder and wierder and wierder and wierder ...

prima.facie
06-12-2012, 09:34 PM

any theories? anything for us to chew on and discuss?
what would be bigger about it?

DD_bwest
06-12-2012, 09:38 PM

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/05/31/magnotta-no-stranger-to-police

hmm interesting to note.. 12 months probation at his moms so end of june 2006 he gets off probation, just over a month later at the Beg. of august he changes his name. august 6th 2006

SoBeCzar
06-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks Mbshafeena. The restriction “not to possess any 35-mm cameras, digital cameras or video cameras” appears unrelated to anything he was charged with or plead guilty to. :waitasec:

I can understand a judge restricting something that was used in the commission of a crime, e.g. if a woman commits a violent act, restrict her possession of weapons, or if a guy uses a camera for illegal voyeurism, restrict possession of image-making equipment, or if someone was charged with using email and internet to harass someone, restrict those things.

But for fraud charges?

This just gets weirder and wierder and wierder and wierder ...

It says he was charged with one count of sexual assault. Perhaps that is where the camera restriction comes in. Did he video tape that or did the woman mention that in her complaint of sexual assault? I think there is a back story that was not made public but was part of the sentencing decision.

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 09:39 PM
hmm interesting to note.. 12 months probation at his moms so end of june 2006 he gets of probation, just over a month later at the Beg. of august he changes his name. august 6th 2006Yes, very interesting!

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 09:43 PM
It says he was charged with one count of sexual assault. Perhaps that is where the camera restriction comes in. Did he video tape that or did the woman mention that in her complaint of sexual assault? I think there is a back story that was not made public but was part of the sentencing decision.Well we know after episode that his lawyer claimed he was terrified of her/his "powerful father". If it were my daughter/son (and I were powerful, which I'm not LOL), he'd better be.

I wonder if her father ever found out his new identity ...

Apple OC
06-12-2012, 09:45 PM
any theories? anything for us to chew on and discuss?
what would be bigger about it?

I am thinking that maybe the 2nd perp (a buyer of the snuff film) was the one who recruited Luka from the internet to help with the film.

I also feel that the pre-postings 10 days before the murder is something the 2nd perp may have enjoyed.

The bottom line is ... if the torso gets picked up on the first garbage pickup and is dumped in the landfill ... identifying the hands and feet mailed to the government and the 2 schools becomes a challenge ... and there is no known crime scene linked to Luka.

Cappuccino
06-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Don't worry, if there is an accomplice, (which I don't believe), Luka will roll over on them quick enough. Just like his hero Karla did.

Salem
06-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Please do not link to the best gore site and please do NOT bring rumors and stories here, nor sleuth family members of LM. They are innocents in this story unless MSM or LE tell us otherwise.

Thanks,

Salem

jeanne
06-12-2012, 10:09 PM
I am thinking that maybe the 2nd perp (a buyer of the snuff film) was the one who recruited Luka from the internet to help with the film.

I also feel that the pre-postings 10 days before the murder is something the 2nd perp may have enjoyed.

The bottom line is ... if the torso gets picked up on the first garbage pickup and is dumped in the landfill ... identifying the hands and feet mailed to the government and the 2 schools becomes a challenge ... and there is no known crime scene linked to Luka.

You are forgetting his blood and gore filled apartment. The one he rented under his own name. The one that had body parts left in the fridge. Even with the absence of the torso, there was plenty to link him to a very obvious crime scene.

Jujercu
06-12-2012, 10:10 PM

A deep pocketed commissioner of the film hasn't been totally ruled out in my mind either...but I can't help but wonder why anyone with any money or influence would put their fate in the hands of a messup like LM. IMO

Mbshafeena
06-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Perhaps the problems that his family members mentionned happened when the court imposed that he had to live with his mother as part of the judgement imposed by the court. What year was the fire at his mother's house? I wonder if he got into any trouble with the law when he lived in Peterborough?

susan1122
06-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Pardon me if this has been linked already.....I am out of town and very behind.....

Vigil for Jun Lin:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/06/12/jun-justin-lin-vigil_n_1591823.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

deanna82437
06-12-2012, 10:21 PM
hmm interesting to note.. 12 months probation at his moms so end of june 2006 he gets off probation, just over a month later at the Beg. of august he changes his name. august 6th 2006

I find it interesting that he was given probation at his mom's .. wouldn't he have been about 22 years old in 2005? Seems strange as he would be considered an adult in the U.S. :what:

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 10:26 PM
I find it interesting that he was given probation at his mom's .. wouldn't he have been about 22 years old in 2005? Seems strange as he would be considered an adult in the U.S. :what:His Mom posted bail and would have offered it as part of his plea. At his age the judge would have absolutely no right to order her or anyone else to take him in unless they offered to do so in the first place as part of the plea deal.

BorgQueen
06-12-2012, 10:27 PM
I find it interesting that he was given probation at his mom's .. wouldn't he have been about 22 years old in 2005? Seems strange as he would be considered an adult in the U.S. :what:

The only thing I can think of at the moment (without hurting my brain), is that he has some sort of mental illness (that was known at the time), and it was decided that he needed supervision.

22 years is an adult here, too. Actually, 18 is.

DD_bwest
06-12-2012, 10:28 PM
A deep pocketed commissioner of the film hasn't been totally ruled out in my mind either...but I can't help but wonder why anyone with any money or influence would put their fate in the hands of a messup like LM. IMO

im tending to lean away from the theory of a large buyer.. whose going to trust some lowlife prostitute with something that serious.. theyve made a life for themselves, made loads of money, (either legal or not..) do you really think they would risk that by getting involved with dirt like LRM for a murder? those kinda deals are made between people who trust each other and go way back.. if anyone was close to LRM for even close to the amount of time needed for that, they would realize hes a complete liability..

what would be more likely is the dumass THOUGHT he could make a snuff film and sell it to a large buyer.. but in reality is just a moron with delusions.. you cant really advertise your selling a snuff film.. "umm excuse me, do you wanna buy a video of me killing and dismembering someone?"

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Perhaps the problems that his family members mentionned happened when the court imposed that he had to live with his mother as part of the judgement imposed by the court. What year was the fire at his mother's house? I wonder if he got into any trouble with the law when he lived in Peterborough?IIRC the fire was last summer. The police already investigated it and closed the case. I think if Luka had any further criminal record, it would have come out in the news reports of the fraud charges.

prima.facie
06-12-2012, 10:36 PM
im tending to lean away from the theory of a large buyer.. whose going to trust some lowlife prostitute with something that serious.. theyve made a life for themselves, made loads of money, (either legal or not..) do you really think they would risk that by getting involved with dirt like LRM for a murder? those kinda deals are made between people who trust each other and go way back.. if anyone was close to LRM for even close to the amount of time needed for that, they would realize hes a complete liability..

what would be more likely is the dumass THOUGHT he could make a snuff film and sell it to a large buyer.. but in reality is just a moron with delusions.. you cant really advertise your selling a snuff film.. "umm excuse me, do you wanna buy a video of me killing and dismembering someone?"

why do people think a buyer would be face to face w/ LM ever....and know who he is, what he is like, etc?

it would more than likely be completely anonymous via underground means (im avoiding that dirty topic - the dark net/deepweb lol)........

do you think that people who buy/sell child porn meet in person at the local starbucks over frappes?

and uh YES YOU CAN advertise this crap! there are underground selling boards....go look up silk road, for example.....

Apple OC
06-12-2012, 10:43 PM

deep pockets could insulate a 2nd perp from prosecution ... who was the guy LM met with in France?

DD_bwest
06-12-2012, 10:44 PM
why do people think a buyer would be face to face w/ LM ever....and know who he is, what he is like, etc?

it would more than likely be completely anonymous via underground means (im avoiding that dirty topic - the dark net/deepweb lol)........

do you think that people who buy/sell child porn meet in person at the local starbucks over frappes?

and uh YES YOU CAN advertise this crap! there are underground selling boards....go look up silk road.....

as much as we think LRM knows how to use the dark net/deep web.. i just dont really see him having that kind of intelligence.. hiding who you are, and protecting your location is one thing. i just dont see him as the type that would be able to "make friends" with anyone there.. hes to much about himself..

Jujercu
06-12-2012, 10:48 PM

I agree... he is too much of a loser.

prima.facie
06-12-2012, 10:54 PM
as much as we think LRM knows how to use the dark net/deep web.. i just dont really see him having that kind of intelligence.. hiding who you are, and protecting your location is one thing. i just dont see him as the type that would be able to "make friends" with anyone there.. hes to much about himself..

allegedly the killvid was first found on the darknet/deepweb before it surfaced and was sent to sites such as bestgore....

you dont make friends there.......its not a social club like FaceBook....its an underground seedy world where ****ed up people can do their ****ed up things....buy/sell/advertise services such as hits, drugs, porn of every imaginable kind...and do it anonymously so they dont ever have to meet in person and worry about who is on the other end of their perverted desires...

why do people think that someone has to be a genius to go down there and use it....

its a theory and just as valid as any others....until someone can show that it is an impossible and improbable theory, i still see it laying on the table....

DD_bwest
06-12-2012, 11:11 PM
allegedly the killvid was first found on the darknet/deepweb before it surfaced and was sent to sites such as bestgore....

you dont make friends there.......its not a social club like FaceBook....its an underground seedy world where ****ed up people can do their ****ed up things....buy/sell/advertise services such as hits, drugs, porn of every imaginable kind...and do it anonymously so they dont ever have to meet in person and worry about who is on the other end of their perverted desires...

why do people think that someone has to be a genius to go down there and use it....

its a theory and just as valid as any others....until someone can show that it is an impossible and improbably theory, i still see it laying on the table....

it just doesnt fit in his MO.. were the kitten videos for a large buyer? he also started thousands of internet rumours because someone paid him?

creating and releasing the video fits into who he is, and the attention he is seeking.

if your going to create a snuff film for a big payoff. why release it to the public and mail body parts to gov/schools. why would he tell the world he killed someone? how is this money going to help him? not to mention he has zero evidence of having money while on the run(buy a new computer with cash and use it at a hotel) and he cant really use it to help with legal fees, because not only would it be chump change, LE would wonder where a low life hooker who lived in a 500$ a month apartment get an abnormally large sum of cash

Edit: he may have an accomplice, maybe a secret love that hes ashamed to make public? anything is possible but i dont see him as having a large financial backer, anonymous or not

revampz
06-12-2012, 11:17 PM
I had a spirited conversation with my father several years ago before he got too old to remember everything, he was a prison psychiatrist for 40 years and we once had a discussion about my favorite basketball player Michael Jordan and we came to the possible conclusion that someone like him, who is ruthless, absolutely fearless, extremely confident to the point of being cocky and arrogant and whose desire to win burns inside of him and who will let no one get in his way to be the best there is, does indeed have many of the same traits a psychopath or sociopath has and that it is possible sports stars like him, guys who rise to the top when the game really matters and who perform when the pressure is really on and who will not let anyone stand in their way, who are ruthless and must win at all costs, may indeed be sociopaths/psychopaths. It was a really interesting discussion and there are a lot of these people all around us many of them who are war heros, sports stars and other famous men and women in history who have these same traits. Its really a fascinating thing to consider.

Hi I have just come across this and think how true it is....

In fact, the older I get the more I realize how many of these people I have encountered in my "normal" everyday life.

I worked in Aust biggest company for 7 years and wow, quite a few of them there manipulating, lying, being two faced, befriending and using whoever it was they needed to claw their way up higher.

And please dont jump on me for what I am about to say, because I do know there are alot of manipulative men out there, but in my life experience I have encountered quite a few women who have created a fake persona, lie, manipulate, use their sexuality, date and even marry men to get what it is that they want in life.......usually some form of security like a house and a man with a good job and money.

One girl I know became fascinated with a wealthy married man. She started her ploy by dating one of his friends and then became besties with his wife and created a mess, and then a couple of years later left him and ran off with a married plastic surgeon....

I am sure we all know stories like this.

Characters like this I am sure are rampant in Hollywood......remember the movie "Bowfinger"........that actually cracked me up, and I think the actress that was supposed to about is still up to her tricks.

Sorry to go off topic, but found what you said above so true.

CuriousRus
06-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Food for thought (ok really, really bad pun), but has anyone brought this case up? I'm not implying anything about the vicim in the case at hand, but when you read the details of this case, it amazes me that the German criminal got several responses to the ad. He only got eight years!!! That is insane! Creepy stuff.

WARNING The article details are graphic.
Armin Meiwes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mbshafeena
06-12-2012, 11:24 PM

And in 2006/2007 he moves back to Toronto and declares bankruptcy under that name and yet the landlord in Montreal says that he did a credit check on him when he applied to rent the apartment in Montreal. Something is not right with that statement because the bankruptcy would have still showed up at that time.

x_files
06-12-2012, 11:28 PM
And in 2006/2007 he moves back to Toronto and declares bankruptcy under that name and yet the landlord in Montreal says that he did a credit check on him when he applied to rent the apartment in Montreal. Something is not right with that statement because the bankruptcy would have still showed up at that time.

Either the landlord pocketed the $25-$35 credit check or did the credit check and disregarded it. It was a dump, he isn't going to get top notch, perfect credit applying at his apartment building.
Another thought Luka gave him a fake SSN.

otto
06-12-2012, 11:37 PM
The only thing I can think of at the moment (without hurting my brain), is that he has some sort of mental illness (that was known at the time), and it was decided that he needed supervision.

I've heard of young adults being given the opportunity to move in with parents and be supervised by them rather than sit in jail.

Mbshafeena
06-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Either the landlord pocketed the $25-$35 credit check or did the credit check and disregarded it. It was a dump, he isn't going to get top notch, perfect credit applying at his apartment building.
Another thought Luka gave him a fake SSN.

I am just wondering what other things the landlord may have turned a blind eye to as far as his tenants and perhaps their behaviours. I personally don't believe he did a check on him so why would he not tell the truth when questioned. He use to be an actor, correct? Played the part of a killer?

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 11:41 PM
And in 2006/2007 he moves back to Toronto and declares bankruptcy under that name and yet the landlord in Montreal says that he did a credit check on him when he applied to rent the apartment in Montreal. Something is not right with that statement because the bankruptcy would have still showed up at that time.His bankruptcy was fully discharged by December 2007 and it would stay on his credit report for 6 or 7 years. Not doubting you, but do you have a link to the landlord doing a credit check? (I'm assuming you mean his most recent landlord) Luka lied about his employer and obviously the landlord didn't check that.

Jujercu
06-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Food for thought (ok really, really bad pun), but has anyone brought this case up? I'm not implying anything about the vicim in the case at hand, but when you read the details of this case, it amazes me that the German criminal got several responses to the ad. He only got eight years!!! That is insane! Creepy stuff.

Armin Meiwes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes)

That is quite an interesting case...I can't post the link...but if you goggle this guy and cannibal cafe you will find some more info on that case. The fact the victim was willing is amazing to me.

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Another thought Luka gave him a fake SSN.Social Insurance Numbers (equivalent to your SSNs) are not required to rent in Canada.

Mbshafeena
06-12-2012, 11:48 PM
His bankruptcy was fully discharged by December 2007 and it would stay on his credit report for 6 or 7 years. Not doubting you, but do you have a link to the landlord doing a credit check? (I'm assuming you mean his most recent landlord) Luka lied about his employer and obviously the landlord didn't check that.

He was quoted by a reporter who asked him the question. That appeared I think in the Montreal gazette. I will need to find it.

otto
06-12-2012, 11:48 PM
deep pockets could insulate a 2nd perp from prosecution ... who was the guy LM met with in France?

The only source for the video being made for a "rich, powerful" guy is Luka ... there's no other source, and Luka is a liar ... so without any other source, I don't think it should be taken seriously.

Besides, who would pay six figures to see the murder of a 33 year old new Canadian who was studying engineering and computer gaming? What would be the reason for that?

Mbshafeena
06-12-2012, 11:57 PM
http://www.canadianrealestatemagazine.ca/news/item/1215-dismembered-bodies-and-gunned-down-landlords-reminders-to-screen-tenants?tmpl=component&print=1

Sealuzna
06-12-2012, 11:58 PM
He was quoted by a reporter who asked him the question. That appeared I think in the Montreal gazette. I will need to find it.That's OK. I just found this little nugget:

"Magnotta’s landlord had only performed a credit check, which did not reveal that Magnotta reportedly had been convicted on four counts of fraud in Ontario, served 16 days in pre-trial custody and received a further nine-month conditional sentence and 12 months’ probation."

http://tenantriskverification.com/2012/06/04/dismembered-bodies-and-gunned-down-landlords-reminders-to-screen-tenants/

Grrrreaaat ..... now every landlord in the country is going to assume every potential tenant is a potential murderer LOL

Apple OC
06-12-2012, 11:58 PM
who would pay six figures to see the murder of a 33 year old new Canadian who was studying engineering and computer gaming? What would be the reason for that?

the same type of person who would commission priceless artwork be stolen ... Artwork that could never be shown in public or to anyone other than themselves.

Mbshafeena
06-13-2012, 12:06 AM
http://www.theprovince.com/Magnotta+bankruptcy+filing+reveals+life+lacking+gl amour/6727230/story.html

I re-read the part about his bankruptcy and I don't recall that one of the reasons he gave for the bankruptcy request was "due to illness" and he mentioned $200 a month for medication.

otto
06-13-2012, 12:07 AM
the same type of person who would commission priceless artwork be stolen ... Artwork that could never be shown in public or to anyone other than themselves.

That analogy doesn't work because the video was uploaded to the worldwideweb. Besides, if someone wanted to commission a video of a murder, why choose a 33 year old new immigrant? Surely, if someone had a taste for a snuff film and was willing to pay a lot of money, wouldn't that rich, powerful man have been a little more specific and selected a younger victim, or maybe one that wasn't drugged? If he wanted a Chinese victim, why not commission someone in China?

The claims from Luka about being paid to make the video are fiction ... more fiction from the guy that created nothing but fiction about himself.

DD_bwest
06-13-2012, 12:09 AM
That's OK. I just found this little nugget:

"Magnotta’s landlord had only performed a credit check, which did not reveal that Magnotta reportedly had been convicted on four counts of fraud in Ontario, served 16 days in pre-trial custody and received a further nine-month conditional sentence and 12 months’ probation."

http://tenantriskverification.com/2012/06/04/dismembered-bodies-and-gunned-down-landlords-reminders-to-screen-tenants/

Grrrreaaat ..... now every landlord in the country is going to assume every potential tenant is a potential murderer LOL

the place was a dive.. probably everyone in that building has a criminal record. ex-con's need to live somewhere

Summerfun
06-13-2012, 12:10 AM
I was wondering where that came from, too. 180 lbs. is a healthy weight for a relatively tall male who's not all bulked up, imo. My guess for Lin Jun based on the pics I've seen was in the 150-160 (tops) neighborhood. But I have nothing else to base that on since I haven't seen his photos with others or his personal stats.

My point was and still is, JL was much heavier than LM, I remember somewhere I read that JL was not happy with his current weight, he gained a lot of pounds lately

GRAPHIC
My point is I cannot see someone as scrawny and little dragging a body all over the apartment like LM did. Putting it in the bathtub, and back onto the bed, in the multiple positions that it was in.

My second point was how do you cut through human bones with a kitchen knife? I have a dog and I buy him pizzle sticks...google it...but it takes me almost five minutes to cut one of them in half with a knife and they are not even half an inch thick.

Things do not make sense here. I firmly believe he did not do all of this alone.

But that is just my belief.

burdenofproof
06-13-2012, 12:11 AM

Armin Meiwes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes)

It was very bizarre that he was only sentenced to 8 years.
He was subsequently retried and sentenced to life imprisonment.
Here's a quote from the Wikipedia article you reference
On 10 May 2006, a court in Frankfurt convicted Meiwes of murder and sentenced him to life imprisonment.

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 12:14 AM
the place was a dive.. probably everyone in that building has a criminal record. ex-con's need to live somewhereExactly. I'm surprised the landlord even bothered. I've never been asked for a credit or background check, just a letter of employment, and my accommodations are waaaaaaay swankier than that dive. :)

P.S. I'm not an ex-con or anything LOL

Mbshafeena
06-13-2012, 12:17 AM
When would he have racked up the large amount for car rental for the company in B.C.? He was in Peterborough living with his mom in 2006 and owed back rent for property in T.O., after he left his mother's place till the applying of the bankruptcy in August 2007. Did he also live in B.C. during that short time period? This is getting really confusing.

Mbshafeena
06-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Mmmmm could someone from the building have helped him?

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 12:23 AM
When would he have racked up the large amount for car rental for the company in B.C.? He was in Peterborough living with his mom in 2006 and owed back rent for property in T.O., after he left his mother's place till the applying of the bankruptcy in August 2007. Did he also live in B.C. During that short time period? This is getting really confusing.A small bachelor apartment in that building starts at $1000/month, so at most he owed just shy of 3 months rent, less the larger the apartment. (I can PM you the link if you like)

I can't remember when exactly he lived there. I'll try to find a link.

ETA: auto-leasing is quite different from renting a car. It's a contract for a set period of time, and not inexpensive. Guess he thought he would be out in B.C. a lot longer

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Mmmmm could someone from the building have helped him?You know, that crossed my mind because he was seen carrying one skate-sized box out of the apartment on the Friday (assumed it was a foot or hand on its way to the post office). With all the other stuff he had to do that Friday, are we supposed to believe he made four trips to the post-office?

Things just aren't adding up.

susan1122
06-13-2012, 12:30 AM
http://www.theprovince.com/Magnotta+bankruptcy+filing+reveals+life+lacking+gl amour/6727230/story.html

I re-read the part about his bankruptcy and I don't recall that one of the reasons he gave for the bankruptcy request was "due to illness" and he mentioned $200 a month for medication.

I remember reading that, but did not know what it was referring to. Was schitzophrenia just speculation?

susan1122
06-13-2012, 12:35 AM
My point was and still is, JL was much heavier than LM, I remember somewhere I read that JL was not happy with his current weight, he gained a lot of pounds lately

GRAPHIC
My point is I cannot see someone as scrawny and little dragging a body all over the apartment like LM did. Putting it in the bathtub, and back onto the bed, in the multiple positions that it was in.

My second point was how do you cut through human bones with a kitchen knife? I have a dog and I buy him pizzle sticks...google it...but it takes me almost five minutes to cut one of them in half with a knife and they are not even half an inch thick.

Things do not make sense here. I firmly believe he did not do all of this alone.

I haven't read that JL had gained weight, so I don't know about that. But he worked out and was muscular.....I remember reading that. Either way, it does seem strange that little Luka would be able to drag him anywhere. Good point.

LadyL
06-13-2012, 12:41 AM

if someone posts bail and/or signs on as a guarantor, then it doesn't matter what age the accused is

the restrictions, like a curfew or having to always be in the presence of a guarantor, are agreed on by all parties prior to the accused being released

the guarantor usually puts up collatoral, such as a house, and promises to report the accused should they violate any terms of the agreement

Apple OC
06-13-2012, 12:47 AM
I haven't read that JL had gained weight, so I don't know about that. But he worked out and was muscular.....I remember reading that. Either way, it does seem strange that little Luka would be able to drag him anywhere. Good point.

I also agree that Luka is too small for that kind of heavy lifting (and I also sense his type is too lazy).

I have also thought ... if there was a 2nd perp who did the actually killing and has left evidence such as DNA ... it could cause problems for the DA similar to how convicted criminals are exonerated when someone else's DNA is found.

Jujercu
06-13-2012, 12:51 AM

The only thing I saw pic of in the bathroom were the arms head etc. never saw the torso anywhere but on the bed and in the suitcase outside. I don't see any evidence that he moved the heavy part of the body anywhere. But I have missed things..do you know for a fact the torso was in the bathroom?

Do we know if the suitcase had wheels?

LadyL
06-13-2012, 12:55 AM

he thought he had gained weight and posted on his Chinese blog that he was on a diet

he looked fine to me ... even on the thin side

LadyL
06-13-2012, 12:58 AM

where did you read that Luka hurt his family at age 7? I've seen that it was many years ago but not a specific age

Chorley8
06-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Does anyone have further info or links to his usernames, whatever Luka used on right wing forums like Stormfront? The Daily Mirror broke a story on that about a week ago. I was pretty sure Canadian media would try to bury that part of the story. The Macleans article does just that but does but allow this point:

"His slaying is widely seen in Lin’s homeland as racially motivated". They then dismiss that idea. Canadian media and the Canadian government need to tackle that head on not ignore it - for all kinds of reasons including honesty and good foreign relations.

We need to get someone who reads Chinese really well to see what Chinese newspapers have come up with should be possible.

otto
06-13-2012, 01:05 AM
You know, that crossed my mind because he was seen carrying one skate-sized box out of the apartment on the Friday (assumed it was a foot or hand on its way to the post office). With all the other stuff he had to do that Friday, are we supposed to believe he made four trips to the post-office?

Things just aren't adding up.

If the murder happened around midnight on the 24th, the mutilation in the following few hours, box and have the packages ready to mail (this was premeditated) in the morning on the 25tth. Sleep for a couple of hours, mail the packages. Clean out the apartment, sleep some more, get on a plane to Paris at midnight on the 26, arrive in Paris on the 27th. I think there was enough time.

otto
06-13-2012, 01:06 AM
I remember reading that, but did not know what it was referring to. Was schitzophrenia just speculation?

100% speculation. There's no evidence.

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 01:17 AM
If the murder happened around midnight on the 24th, the mutilation in the following few hours, box and have the packages ready to mail (this was premeditated) in the morning on the 25tth. Sleep for a couple of hours, mail the packages. Clean out the apartment, sleep some more, get on a plane to Paris at midnight on the 26, arrive in Paris on the 27th. I think there was enough time.Sleep on a blood-soaked mattress? And what about the time it would take to do something with the head? (unless it was in the trash).

Air Transat doesn't have flights near midnight on a Friday night, but has one at 11:25 pm on Saturday (26th) night, which would put him into Paris on the Sunday (27th). What did he do Friday night (sleep on the blood-soaked mattress again?) and all day Saturday? Have I got the correct flight (610)?

I had always assumed that he left shortly after midnight Friday night because most news reports say he left on the 26th "around midnight" and arrived on the same day (impossible if it was flight 610). The blogger said they were on flight 610 and it arrived in Paris around midnight (not true - it arrives at 12:10 pm, but this was repeated by Maclean's magazine).

Now my whole timeline is off LOL

Chorley8
06-13-2012, 01:20 AM
googling Luka Magnotta Stormfront does bring up a good National Post article from June 1st and the first result is a important anti-racism site.

Chorley8
06-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Does anyone have further info or links to his usernames, whatever Luka used on right wing forums like Stormfront? The Daily Mirror broke a story on that about a week ago. I was pretty sure Canadian media would try to bury that part of the story. The Macleans article does just that but does but allow this point:

"His slaying is widely seen in Lin’s homeland as racially motivated". They then dismiss that idea. Canadian media and the Canadian government need to tackle that head on not ignore it - for all kinds of reasons including honesty and good foreign relations.

We need to get someone who reads Chinese really well to see what Chinese newspapers have come up with should be possible.

susan1122
06-13-2012, 01:46 AM
The only thing I saw pic of in the bathroom were the arms head etc. never saw the torso anywhere but on the bed and in the suitcase outside. I don't see any evidence that he moved the heavy part of the body anywhere. But I have missed things..do you know for a fact the torso was in the bathroom?

Do we know if the suitcase had wheels?

GRAPHIC

No, I don't know. There were bits of flesh or small bits body parts in the tub. But that doesn't mean the whole body was there. All I have heard about the suitcase is it looked in good shape so someone (the janitor?) was going to take it out of the trash and that is how the torso was found. I'll look around and see if I can find more info.

CuriousRus
06-13-2012, 01:49 AM

I'm currently in China and articles have appeared in both The Shanghai Daily and China Daily that I've seen. The two papers I mention are published in english, and the articles I read are pretty much the same things you've been reading in MSM in Canada and the US. You can google them. Unfortunately I don't read mandarin characters :( and I kind of don't want to bring it up to people I know here that do.

As for the racist angle, it could have been more of the LM wanting to create controversy, drama and attention. Most white supremacists aren't that fond of gay or bisexual people, so that even makes any real connection suspicious in my mind. On a side note, I think he should be called the "drama queen killer."

This is off point, but I noticed that someone used the name "Clint" in escort ads in the Ontario area that matched other LM's twink escort ads phone number (under the name "Justin"). Wasn't his previous middle name, "Clinton?" Not that it matters much, but just something I noticed.

DevilsPlayThing
06-13-2012, 02:20 AM
where did you read that Luka hurt his family at age 7? I've seen that it was many years ago but not a specific age

You know I tried to find the article - This is the closest I could find :

One final thing. Magnotta’s family has been very quiet throughout this whole thing, and I wouldn’t blame them one bit. They said they didn’t speak with Magnotta anymore, that he had done something terrible to hurt them.

That is not from the article I was reading a few days ago - I cannot find it right now. And after reading the following I think I am finished searching for now.

On June 6, Lin Jun's family arrived at Trudeau Airport in Montreal. His mother was barely able to walk and is only known to have said "We come to take you home".

Karmady
06-13-2012, 02:31 AM

GRAPHIC

I don't remember reading about the weight, and that was my only point. I haven't seen that he would weigh 180 lbs and don't think that he did. My guesstimate is that lm probably weighs in the 130-140 lb. range and that Lin June was probably 10 or 15 lbs heavier than him, at most. That said, I could not carry around an entire person who weighs as much as me.

warning...GRAPHIC

However, lm could have had a bit of time -- between 9 pm'ish on the 24th and most or all of the following day, at least, to manipulate the body and do his filming. As another poster pointed out, the lighting changes and it appears that there was a significant time lapse even in the later parts of the video after the victim was clearly deceased. I'm sure that lm wouldn't have been particularly careful about how he handled the body, and he easily could have moved it on a shower curtain or sheet and placed it in the tub. Dragging that weight wouldn't have been that difficult and manipulating it over a tub edge also wouldn't have been that difficult if you don't particularly care how it's accomplished.

I clearly recall from the video that the right leg amputation was extremely clean. It seems to me he must have used a saw of some sort, and probably not a hand saw. Maybe he did that in daylight hours where "construction" type noises wouldn't have been completely bizarre. idk. Personally, I think he had plenty of time and the means to do this on his own. But I'm not completely discounting the possibility that someone helped him. Would his personality mandate that he claim full responsibility for this, even after an arrest, or would he roll, first opportunity, and try to pin it all on an accomplice.

Trying to think like a homicidal lunatic makes my head hurt. I guess that's a good thing!

Southwest
06-13-2012, 02:46 AM
SAir Transat doesn't have flights near midnight on a Friday night, but has one at 11:25 pm on Saturday (26th) night, which would put him into Paris on the Sunday (27th). What did he do Friday night (sleep on the blood-soaked mattress again?) and all day Saturday? Have I got the correct flight (610)?

I had always assumed that he left shortly after midnight Friday night because most news reports say he left on the 26th "around midnight" and arrived on the same day (impossible if it was flight 610). The blogger said they were on flight 610 and it arrived in Paris around midnight (not true - it arrives at 12:10 pm, but this was repeated by Maclean's magazine).

All transatlantic flights depart in late afternoon/evening and arrive in the morning/early afternoon. A very small number of morning transatlantic flights exist, but nearly all are to London.

So yes, LM traveled on 610 departing just before midnight and arriving in the early afternoon the next day.

BTW, for those wondering why LM purchased a round-trip ticket, it's because of cost. It's often cheaper to purchase a RT ticket rather than a one-way; this is especially true on Air Transit.

sillybilly
06-13-2012, 02:48 AM
As for the racist angle, it could have been more of the LM wanting to create controversy, drama and attention. Most white supremacists aren't that fond of gay or bisexual people, so that even makes any real connection suspicious in my mind. On a side note, I think he should be called the "drama queen killer."<rsbm>

FWIW, i just finished scrolling through all LRM's Twitter account re who he was "following", as these would have to have been made by him before his arrest and would not change (as compared to "followers" who could be anyone subsequent to his new-found infamy).

He followed numerous white supremacist groups and individuals. IMO ... while they may not be fond of him, he certainly appears to admire them.

He also followed many Russian groups and individuals who tweet in the Russian language.

GSDbestbreed
06-13-2012, 02:51 AM

GRAPHIC

Much heavier? I would say not. JL is not/was not a large man by any stretch of the imagination. In the vid you can see he is quite Skinny actually. He had some muscle tone, but he was by no means a heavily muscled individual. He wasn't very tall either, probably in the range for his ethnicity ( 5'7 ish ).

It wouldn't be a monumental task to move JL by someone of LM's size. LM was wispy, but he was still a man, and only slightly smaller than JL. To reiterate, it is NOT a feet that would be impossible, nor would it be inconceivable for him to do this alone. I've hunted my entire life, since I was a child, so I have dragged many a deer out of the woods, by myself. Granted, Im a significantly larger man than LM ( im 6'2 - 215lbs ) but I wasn't always this big. In my early teen years I was probably the same size as LM, and I pulled deer out of the woods myself ( my Dad was a stickler about that, I killed the Deer, so It was my responsibility ). So I have no doubt he could have moved JL a few feet into the bathroom without assistance. But I dont think he moved the body at all.

I dont understand why you think he actually moved JL to the bathroom? There isnt anything in the vid to indicate this. Granted, JL is in different positions on the bed, but I think its much more reasonable to think LM just bled JL out where he killed him, and then manipulated the body in different positions, without actually removing him. There are huge pools of blood that can be seen, especially behind JL's head that leads me to believe this. There is no need to bring JL to the bathroom to exsanguinate him, when that has already occurred on the bed, it would be redundant... I wouldn't get too caught up on your theory of the body being moved to the bathroom, because it doesn't seem likely, or plausible.

Regarding cutting through bone with a kitchen knife:
Probably a difficult task, agreed ( however, with a good quality serrated edge blade it would be possible. It would be a yeoman's task though, and probably not likely ). I suspect he used a hacksaw, or other common hand held saw that can be picked up at any hardware store, for minimal cost. A cheap hacksaw will cut through bone with only nominal effort, and it wouldn't be very taxing at all on the person doing the cutting. The assumption is he cut through bone with the knife seen in the vid, but that assumption is very misleading because we dont actually see him fully dismember the limbs/head. We see him cut to a certain point, then the video itself is edited, and the limbs/head are detached.

It doesn't seem likely there was anyone but LM himself who committed all of these barbaric acts. He had the means available to him to perpetrate the crime, He had plenty of time, and there was no significant threat of him being caught in the act. EVERYTHING seen in the vid could easily be done by one person, and was IMO.

PS
Next time you give your dog a Pizzle stick, try using a small saw ( hacksaw etc) or even a drywall saw, It'll cut through that like butter.

sindydee
06-13-2012, 02:54 AM

If I had paid Luka to film a snuff film and he broadcast it on the internet I would be wanting my money back.

In my opinion people (I would imagine) people who may pay large amounts of money for snuff would pay someone reliable, trustworthy and more importantly that would keep their mouth shut. I also don't think it would be a one off - I can imagine these people having a collection, if that's what they are "into". *shudder*

The more I think about it too, the more I think Luka worked alone. I think he wanted this attention too badly to involve anybody else and have them sharing some of his limelight.

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 03:03 AM
BTW, for those wondering why LM purchased a round-trip ticket, it's because of cost. It's often cheaper to purchase a RT ticket rather than a one-way; this is especially true on Air Transit.Possibly, but most likely because a lot of countries won't allow you in on a one-way ticket unless you have proof of employment or some kind of establishment in the destination country (and some airlines check before you board on behalf of the destination country). There's no way LM could take the chance of being denied boarding because of a one-way ticket. They're a huge red flag.

I know, I've been through it several times.

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 03:06 AM
<rsbm>

FWIW, i just finished scrolling through all LRM's Twitter account re who he was "following", as these would have to have been made by him before his arrest and would not change (as compared to "followers" who could be anyone subsequent to his new-found infamy).

He followed numerous white supremacist groups and individuals. IMO ... while they may not be fond of him, he certainly appears to admire them.

He also followed many Russian groups and individuals who tweet in the Russian language.I have to ask: is the account without any doubt LMs?

Also tonight I found another LM website - one that mimmicks his .com one but this one has a .net extension and has some tabs that are only in Russian. It was registered with a secretive domain registrar in Florida. Unless Luka mastered a crash course in Russian with his IQ, I highly doubt he created it.

I think both the Twitter account and the .org site are false flags, personally. Perhaps the animal activists could confirm whether that's yet another piece of their work.

Dutchie43
06-13-2012, 03:25 AM
Hi everyone,

GRAPHIC!!!!!!

Maybe this is already posted, but there is something really weird in the video.
LM stabs JL about 90 times with the icepick, but when he zooms in to the body, there are only about 6 stabwounds. Anyone else noticed that?
And it looks like the pubic hair has been shaved off, according to the stillphoto at the end. But it really looks like the hair is still there in the video.

And first there are wounds on the arm, later they have dissapeared.

Am i wrong?

EDIT: please let someone tell me I am wrong.....but watching the video and the still photo's at the end I noticed something else. The stabwounds in the belly (video) compared to the photo are different......The photo is taken after 1 one leg is cut off, no pubic hair. The video shows a complete body. With (to my believe) pubic hair.The wounds don't match. The body on the photo looks thinner. I hope you understand what I am trying to say, because my English sucks at the moment.
Can please someone with a strong stomic tell me I am wrong? Otherwise I am going to believe there are 2 bodys mutilated by LM.

Dutchie43
06-13-2012, 03:44 AM
I am gone for a few hours, but i will be back. Will someone please take a look at what I wrote?

james62
06-13-2012, 04:14 AM
he thought he had gained weight and posted on his Chinese blog that he was on a diet

he looked fine to me ... even on the thin side

I've seen at least one photo of LJ where he is shirtless and has clearly been working out.

GSDbestbreed
06-13-2012, 04:31 AM
Hi everyone,

GRAPHIC!!!!!!

LM stabs JL about 90 times with the icepick, but when he zooms in to the body, there are only about 6 stabwounds. Anyone else noticed that?
And it looks like the pubic hair has been shaved off, according to the stillphoto at the end. But it really looks like the hair is still there in the video.

Am i wrong?

EDIT: please let someone tell me I am wrong.....but watching the video and the still photo's at the end I noticed something else. The stabwounds in the belly (video) compared to the photo are different......The photo is taken after 1 one leg is cut off, no pubic hair. The video shows a complete body. With (to my believe) pubic hair.The wounds don't match. The body on the photo looks thinner. I hope you understand what I am trying to say, because my English sucks at the moment.
Can please someone with a strong stomic tell me I am wrong? Otherwise I am going to believe there are 2 bodys mutilated by LM.

The pubic hair does seem to be removed in the pic, while in the beginning of the video it appears its there. But It may be the lighting in the vid that is casting a shadow, because later in the vid ( at the 5:44 ) there is better lighting and its clearly visible that the pubic area is shaved. I would guess it was the poor lighting casting a shadow, or for some unknown, but obviously demented reason, LM shaved the pubic area. But its clear to me this is the same person JL...

There aren't as many visible wounds in JL's abdomen/torso because the instrument being used was an ice pick. It is a narrow implement, and JL had already bled out. He struck him numerous times, but the lack of blood, combined with the lighting and the poor resolution of the video, isn't making every wound viewable to the naked eye. Some spots he stabbed him in may have residual blood that has been drawn to the surface, others not. Thus making the wound pattern look far more insignificant than it actually was.

The arm wounds appearing and disappearing are merely caused by the way LM edited the video. You assume he edited the video in chronological order, as he committed the brutality act by act, but thats not the case. At 3:10 the wounds are visible, at 3:28 they are not. Its merely because the video is edited in such a fashion, rather haphazardly, and not in order. He cut from scene to scene, and not as it actually transpired.

The body is JL. There weren't 2 people who were killed. The video is edited crudely, the lighting is poor, and everything is kinda mish-mashed and put together sloppily and not in order.

otto
06-13-2012, 04:37 AM
Sleep on a blood-soaked mattress? And what about the time it would take to do something with the head? (unless it was in the trash).

Air Transat doesn't have flights near midnight on a Friday night, but has one at 11:25 pm on Saturday (26th) night, which would put him into Paris on the Sunday (27th). What did he do Friday night (sleep on the blood-soaked mattress again?) and all day Saturday? Have I got the correct flight (610)?

In terms of whether 51 hours is enough time to commit murder and dismemberment, send parcels in the mail, upload a video to the internet, put some things in the alley and get on a plane, I think there's enough time. He would have taken the 11:35 PM flight on May 26 and arrived shortly after noon on May 27. Even the video editing would have been done without too much trouble. Adding a soundtrack to a video is little more than drag and drop, and he would have simply deleted all the frame sections where his face was visible ... also pretty straight forward.

otto
06-13-2012, 04:45 AM
I have to ask: is the account without any doubt LMs?

Also tonight I found another LM website - one that mimmicks his .com one but this one has a .net extension and has some tabs that are only in Russian. It was registered with a secretive domain registrar in Florida. Unless Luka mastered a crash course in Russian with his IQ, I highly doubt he created it.

I think both the Twitter account and the .org site are false flags, personally. Perhaps the animal activists could confirm whether that's yet another piece of their work.

I looked at that site when this was first in the news. It seems to me that he used google translate. I checked some of the German text that he had on the site and it was not written in German. I believe he used google translate to post in German, Arabic and Russian.

blah956
06-13-2012, 04:51 AM

i agree with prima ( cont. below)

its a theory and just as valid as any others....until someone can show that it is an impossible and improbable theory, i still see it laying on the table....

while things like the silk road are *tight* things like the child pornography are deeply hidden. usually you'd have to gain enough trust from an anonymous online user to get entry or the address to enter such sites.

tbh, my guess is that Luka appeared to be too much of a troll for anyone in the deep web to take him seriously.
while you don't have to be a genius, you have to have enough smarts to not go blindly downloading everything.

blah956
06-13-2012, 04:56 AM
Luka Magnotta link ruled out of Miami cold case

While there is no evidence to connect Magnotta to any such killing elsewhere, the uniqueness of his alleged crime and his extensive international travels have caught the attention of investigators in several jurisdictions.

Gonzalez says he spoke to Canadian police about potential ties between Magnotta and the 2009 death and dismemberment of Guatemalan national Omar Laparra.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Luka+Magnotta+link+ruled+Miami+cold+case/6770750/story.html#ixzz1xf5UtntI

as if luka is such a unique killer to be the only one to mutilate..

and i really wish the media wouldn't publish articles like this (or allow individuals to make declarations of such in the media)

Katie Price has confessed to being besotted with cannibal suspect Luka Magnotta - http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/katie-price-has-confessed-to-being-besotted-with-cannibal-suspect-luka-magnotta/story-e6freuy9-1226390998692
I'm sure this is the kind of thing he is thriving off of while in custody

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 05:56 AM
Catherine Sherriffs‏@CSherriffsCTV

A candlelight vigil to be held for Lin Jun at 9 p.m. Thursday night, corner Peel and Rene Levesque. #Magnotta @CTVNews@CTVMontreal

:rose:

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Ben O'Hara-Byrne‏@BenCTV

Berlin court rules ample evidence for Luka #Magnotta "to stay in custody until final decision about extradition" Awaiting German ministry ok

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Magnotta will be held in Germany pending extradition

WARNING: This story contains graphic information that may be disturbing

Luka Rocco Magnotta has been ordered to be held in pre-extradition custody in Berlin, a German official said Wednesday.

A Berlin court decided at the end of last week that there was sufficient evidence to keep Magnotta in custody pending his extradition to Canada, court spokesman Tobias Kaehne said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/06/13/luka-rocca-magnotta-berlin-extradition-custody.html

BorgQueen
06-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Catherine Sherriffs‏@CSherriffsCTV

A candlelight vigil to be held for Lin Jun at 9 p.m. Thursday night, corner Peel and Rene Levesque. #Magnotta @CTVNews@CTVMontreal

:rose:

Wish I could be there, but I'm in the wrong province. Perhaps I will just light a candle at home...

:angel:

Amandes
06-13-2012, 06:09 AM
*GRAPHIC*

Regarding cutting through bone with a kitchen knife:
Probably a difficult task, agreed ( however, with a good quality serrated edge blade it would be possible. It would be a yeoman's task though, and probably not likely ). I suspect he used a hacksaw, or other common hand held saw that can be picked up at any hardware store, for minimal cost. A cheap hacksaw will cut through bone with only nominal effort, and it wouldn't be very taxing at all on the person doing the cutting. The assumption is he cut through bone with the knife seen in the vid, but that assumption is very misleading because we dont actually see him fully dismember the limbs/head. We see him cut to a certain point, then the video itself is edited, and the limbs/head are detached.

I watched the A&E Biography Documentary about Jeffrey Dahmer and there it was said that he used a 'carving knife' to dismember one of the victims, which he practiced on dead animals first. But in his last apartment they also found a handsaw.

GSDbestbreed
06-13-2012, 06:11 AM
What/Who is a Katie Price? And why is Her opinion of, or feeling towards LM news worthy? I certainly dont care about her " Besottedness " with LM. <----- I may have just made that word up :)

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Sick sick people in this world including a teacher who thought it was a good idea to show the class the video. I apologize the article is in french but the students in Grade 10 (Secondary 4), 16 year olds, were traumatized. Many had to seek counselling. No explanation given by the school or school board except to say they're taking disciplinary action against the teacher and they're investigating. The teacher sent an apology to the school. WTF is wrong with people? Seriously.

:banghead::maddening:

http://www.lapresse.ca/debats/chroniques/patrick-lagace/201206/12/01-4534301-petite-lecon-de-meurtre-a-lecole.php

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 06:14 AM
Wish I could be there, but I'm in the wrong province. Perhaps I will just light a candle at home...

:angel:

I'm not sure why they're doing it so late. I'm guessing because the punks protesting will be out on the streets again. If it was earlier, I'd go.

I'll join you in lighting a candle at home...:hug:

BorgQueen
06-13-2012, 06:21 AM
Sick sick people in this world including a teacher who thought it was a good idea to show the class the video. I apologize the article is in french but the students in Grade 10 (Secondary 4), 16 year olds, were traumatized. Many had to seek counselling. No explanation given by the school or school board except to say they're taking disciplinary action against the teacher and they're investigating. The teacher sent an apology to the school. WTF is wrong with people? Seriously.

:banghead::maddening:

http://www.lapresse.ca/debats/chroniques/patrick-lagace/201206/12/01-4534301-petite-lecon-de-meurtre-a-lecole.php

WTF. :maddening:

I ran it through google translate, since my French is not good enough to read that much text fluently. The teacher was suspended WITH pay?! *WITH* PAY?! :what: Why should this teacher receive pay after doing something like this?!
:banghead:

TheCuriosity
06-13-2012, 06:29 AM
It said as per the collective agreement. That probably means that they can't punish you by not paying you until after the incident is reviewed. Innocent till proven guilty. Fair enough as there are probably a lot of other situations where the teacher may have done nothing wrong, so you don't punish until after it has been reviewed.

BorgQueen
06-13-2012, 06:29 AM
I'm not sure why they're doing it so late. I'm guessing because the punks protesting will be out on the streets again. If it was earlier, I'd go.

I'll join you in lighting a candle at home...:hug:

Those protesters need to do something more productive with their lives. Sounds like an absolute nuisance. They're wasting so much time and money by carrying on like a bunch of idiot anarchists.

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 06:30 AM
WTF. :maddening:

I ran it through google translate, since my French is not good enough to read that much text fluently. The teacher was suspended WITH pay?! *WITH* PAY?! :what: Why should this teacher receive pay after doing something like this?!
:banghead:

Yup. :maddening:

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Those protesters need to do something more productive with their lives. Sounds like an absolute nuisance. They're wasting so much time and money by carrying on like a bunch of idiot anarchists.

I bet the majority aren't even students that is what is so frustrating and ridiculous. Just a bunch of punks wanting an excuse to cause havoc. The real students would want to finish their studies and graduate! It's a mess. Arrest them all and put them in jail for pete's sake! Ugh

No_Stone_Unturned
06-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Pending Extradition:

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120613/061312_magnotta_extradition/20120613/?hub=CP24Home

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 07:02 AM
CBC News Alerts‏@CBCAlerts

Montreal-area teacher suspended for showing Jun Lin video . Teacher not a regular at Lasalle high school. #Magnotta

dandan08
06-13-2012, 07:56 AM

I feel the same, not that I think it's true, but it's a theory that can't be written off.

People are saying why would the buyer choose LM? They don't have to know who he is, on the deep web he'd be anonymous (to some degree), the buyer wouldn't be someone who he'd met in person.

People are saying why would LM release the video to the public? One theory is for proof to the buyer. Making sure the murder was known about in an 'edited' video, which would prove to the buyer that the goods he'd send weren't fake.

What would he do with the money? Maybe in LM's warped mind he really did think he could disappear for good and live off the money, just like he wrote in that blog "How to completely disappear and never be found".

The fact is there ARE sick people about in the world, just like those involved in child porn, i'm sure there are hundreds of rings out there who buy and sell pictures and video's of child abuse. There are literally 100's just on the surface of the deep web from what i've read that's accessible to anyone. What about the 100's of sites and forums that are hidden and passworded that only a select few people know about? All this could possibly be the same for someone requesting a murder video.

Now i'm not saying all this happened above, i'm just saying it's not impossible for it to have happened.

Cappuccino
06-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Its not impossible, but there's no evidence that any such thing happened. Not that there's any harm in floating theories and ideas, but it is important that people don't allow conspiracy theories to take over the whole discourse about the case.

I've seen that happen in other cases and the results are never good.

jeanne
06-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Its not impossible, but there's no evidence that any such thing happened. Not that there's any harm in floating theories and ideas, but it is important that people don't allow conspiracy theories to take over the whole discourse about the case.

I've seen that happen in other cases and the results are never good.

Thanks for this reminder Cappuccino! IMO Luka worked alone and there was likely no buyer. I thinkhe was fishing for one and may have even gotten a few curious nibbles, which encouraged him to go ahead with his plans. If there was an accomplise you can be sure our boy would be squealing like a pig and trying to play the victim himself, saying he was forced to do what he did at the threat of his own life, or something along those lines. As We've yet to see any other arrest warrents issued in this case, and as the police themselves have stated he worked alone, I think we can safely put this particular theory to bed until some further evidence appears leading us back in this direction.

Peekaboo10
06-13-2012, 08:19 AM

OMG I forgot about this case! How terrible must your life be or had been to be crazy enough to offer yourself up like that? Sad!

Jujercu
06-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Hi everyone,

GRAPHIC!!!!!!

Am i wrong?

If you go back to yesterday morning on this same thread we talked in detail about much of this....I think it may be around page 20.... It was about 24 hrs ago.

Cappuccino
06-13-2012, 09:00 AM
If you go back to tomorrow morning on this same thread we talked in detail about much of this....I think it may be around page 20.... It was about 24 hrs ago.

BBM.

Back to the future? :waitasec: Lol.

Jujercu
06-13-2012, 09:16 AM
BBM.

I meant back to yesterday morning...LOL.....sorry...no coffee yet.... :)

Jujercu
06-13-2012, 09:21 AM
BBM.

Now I can't stop giggling thinking about a flux capacitor. :floorlaugh:

Dane
06-13-2012, 09:47 AM
13 members and 19 guests viewing this thread... talk about a dry spell!

I for one is dying to hear any substantial news. Quite convinced some of you guys would agree... ;)

Cappuccino
06-13-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't think we're going to get much substantial news until he's extradited and has his own lawyer in Canada. Then we'll hear what the defense has to say, the prosecution's case we probably won't hear until it comes to court.

Until then, let's hope they find Jun Lin's head so his family can give him a decent burial.

Jujercu
06-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Ok...I..from the beginning felt there is big significance in the Casablanca poster.

1. It was in a random glamour shot he released months or years ago. (perhaps deliberately to be used for the purpose of JLs murder)

2.He hyped the kill vid with a picture of "the lunatic" standing in front of it (perhaps hoping people would link him to the early photo...the opposite of what most people who murder would probably do)

3. Most importantly...the murder of JL happened right in front of it. The poster has a significance IMO.

Perhaps that poster holds information to where JLs head is? Not selling the farm over that theory...but being that the poster has stuck with me and Mr Lins head has not yet been found...its possible.

Cappuccino
06-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Could be. Its difficult to get inside the head of such a weirdo though - for all we know the poster might be his favourite thing because he just likes the look of it and nothing more.

I'm gonna go and stare at the poster for a while, see if any ideas pop up.

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 10:09 AM
FWIW.....the teacher is a history teacher.

Cappuccino
06-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Stupid question alert - it wouldn't be completely literal and obvious would it? Meaning, has he actually sent the head to someone in Casablanca, Morocco? How long would it take a parcel to get from Canada to Morocco, I wonder, and could it possibly escape detection if it was sent through the post?

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Ok...I..from the beginning felt there is big significance in the Casablanca poster.

1. It was in a random glamour shot he released months or years ago. (perhaps deliberately to be used for the purpose of JLs murder)

2.He hyped the kill vid with a picture of "the lunatic" standing in front of it (perhaps hoping people would link him to the early photo...the opposite of what most people who murder would probably do)

3. Most importantly...the murder of JL happened right in front of it. The poster has a significance IMO.

Perhaps that poster holds information to where JLs head is? Not selling the farm over that theory...but being that the poster has stuck with me and Mr Lins head has not yet been found...its possible.

I examined the poster yesterday for a little while until I got busy doing other things. Some of the initial things that stood out for me.

It appears the scene is at a casino (We have a casino here in Montreal).

It appears the woman dominates the poster.

There seems to be palm trees.

Is the building in the background a church?

Where was this scene taken? There appears to be Africa or Morocco (??)

Oldsoul2
06-13-2012, 10:21 AM
I find that I have to skip over so many comments because they are about the ugly details of video that Eric produced or horrible animal cruelty ... hope I'm not missing information related to the arrest and prosecution for the murder of Lin Jun.

I totally agree...it makes me literally sick to my stomach reading this in detail so I skip it too. I love animals so much, I can't bare the thought.

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Stupid question alert - it wouldn't be completely literal and obvious would it? Meaning, has he actually sent the head to someone in Casablanca, Morocco? How long would it take a parcel to get from Canada to Morocco, I wonder, and could it possibly escape detection if it was sent through the post?

What would his connection be to Morocco?

jeanne
06-13-2012, 10:24 AM
I examined the poster yesterday for a little while until I got busy doing other things. Some of the initial things that stood out for me.

It appears the scene is at a casino (We have a casino here in Montreal).

It appears the woman dominates the poster.

There seems to be palm trees.

Is the building in the background a church?

Where was this scene taken? There appears to be Africa or Morocco (??)

OK, about the poor man's head: early reports stated that the suitcase containing the torso sat outside for several days and was, for some unknown reason, overlooked by garbage pick-up earlier in the week. This was stated by the landlord and another apartment dweller, because they had their eye on the suitcase. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the head is buried under a ton of garbage at the city dump. The Montreal Police have stated they will no longer be offering any details of the case to the public, so I am sure they are searching the dump.

Cappuccino
06-13-2012, 10:26 AM
I don't know, although he was said to have a preference for Middle Eastern men. But then again, what was his connection to schools in Vancouver or the Canadian PM? Maybe he just sent it to the Moroccan PM or someone like that.

Its also possible that the poster, if it has any significance at all, was an allusion to where Luka had disappeared to - "we'll always have Paris".

CuriousRus
06-13-2012, 10:28 AM
OMG I forgot about this case! How terrible must your life be or had been to be crazy enough to offer yourself up like that? Sad!

No kidding. I think it was SillyBilly that pointed out that German cannibal murderer was retried and got life. I also read that among the multiple responders to the ad, one person replied to the ad and after being tied up by the murderer, the person changed his mind and the murderer actually let that guy go free. I mean it's all good and dandy that the potential victim came to his sense as the last minute, but I can't even begin to get into these people's thought processes.

What is in their water? Oh and the murderer's lawyer said that for future situations like this, he suggested the "eater" and the "eatee" write up a contract first to avoid future complications (or something to that extent). It almost reads like dark comedy. "Uh, you can untie me now, I changed my mind and I don't want to be your dinner." "OK, no problem." wtf

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 10:29 AM
13 members and 19 guests viewing this thread... talk about a dry spell!

I for one is dying to hear any substantial news. Quite convinced some of you guys would agree... ;)

The only substantial news would be when he's finally extradited and/or if the head will reach its destination (if it was sent by mail).

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Domenic Fazioli ‏@DomenicFazioli
Marguerite Bourgeois School Board says Magnotta video was viewed Mon June 4, appr 20 students, psych's brought in to help affected students

One student we spoke to said: "Teachers are there for that, to make sure we don't see things like that" #Magnotta

Meeting taking place right now at Cavelier-de-Lasalle High School betw susp teacher + admin http://yfrog.com/odsscfgj

Montreal high school teacher has been susp for showing Magnotta murder video to group of students last wk, some of students "traumatized"

Domenic is with Global - TV in Montreal

otto
06-13-2012, 10:44 AM
I don't think that Eric wanted Lin Jun's body to be identified for a long time ... so I don't think the head will be found without looking in the area where the garbage collection was distributed.

KDOGG
06-13-2012, 10:45 AM
why in the world would a teacher show that!?!?!? i cant think of any logical reason! was he just like 'ummmm ok students, heres what NOT to do!' sheesh!! :banghead:

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 10:48 AM
why in the world would a teacher show that!?!?!? i cant think of any logical reason! was he just like 'ummmm ok students, heres what NOT to do!' sheesh!! :banghead:

I don't get it either. Hope to hear more from admin as to what reason he/she gave for showing it to the students.

A Magnotta fan? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't think that Eric wanted Lin Jun's body to be identified for a long time ... so I don't think the head will be found without looking in the area where the garbage collection was distributed.

Didn't he mail the hands? Wouldn't the fingers/fingerprints be the best identification possible?

otto
06-13-2012, 10:51 AM

I suspect that students wanted to discuss the case ... they probably were talking about it amongst themselves ... and the teacher mentioned that the video was available online. Too many teachers want to be "friends" with students and some blur the boundaries in order to be liked. One or more students might have said they wanted to see it, and the teacher decided that they could see it if they wanted to. It's a serious error in judgment and a teacher like that should not be in a classroom with children of any age.

otto
06-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Didn't he mail the hands? Wouldn't the fingers/fingerprints be the best identification possible?

I doubt that Eric was thinking that far ahead. He most likely thought that the hands and feet on different ends of the country wouldn't be connected to each other and that none of the parts would be connected to a missing Concordia student. He's not that bright ... so I'm of the opinion that he thought he had it all figured out; that he wouldn't get caught, or that he was too clever for everyone else.

~n/t~
Montreal teacher suspended for showing Magnotta snuff video

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2012/06/20120613-104513.html

jeanne

Precisely, not to mention DNA. I really don't think LRM was thinking anything through here. I know it's an unpopular theory to suggest he was insane, but honestly, only someone two matchsticks short of a full box could have executed this crime in the manner in which he did and NOT expect to get caught.

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 11:00 AM
I doubt that Eric was thinking that far ahead. He most likely thought that the hands and feet on different ends of the country wouldn't be connected to each other and that none of the parts would be connected to a missing Concordia student. He's not that bright ... so I'm of the opinion that he thought he had it all figured out; that he wouldn't get caught, or that he was too clever for everyone else.

:waitasec:

One set was sent to Ottawa and another set to Vancouver. Hand and foot in Ottawa. Hand and foot in Vancouver. I don't understand your post.

This was pre planned Video, mailing, online presence, etc.

Cappuccino
06-13-2012, 11:00 AM
I agree that he's not all there, but IMO he's not criminally insane. The bar for that is set very high and its doubtful if Luka reaches it.

KDOGG
06-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Montreal teacher suspended for showing Magnotta snuff video

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2012/06/20120613-104513.html

from the video provided at this link: there 'may be' another school/teacher that showed the video as well. another school.....unrelated to this 1!! :what:

italianWSfan
06-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Hello my friends :)

I was setting up my own little timeline, can someone help me fill in the gaps, please? I was looking also looking at your timeline thread, but I am not sure about several things:

- LM stayed at a friends house for 2 nights in the Clichy-la-Garenne district in Paris. Which nights exactly? May 26 th, 27th, 28th, or 29th?

- When did he stay in the hotel, in which the police found his belongings?

- When exactly did he have that drink at Le Petit Batignolles? I found different dates in the media (May 30th or 31st or June 1st).

- On Friday night, June 1st, he took the bus to Berlin. What did he do on June 2nd and 3rd until he got arrested on June 4th?

Please help me, because I dont know which MSM is trustworthy and which is not.

Doing this timeline, I realised there are still gaps about his whereabouts and actually LM was doing pretty well with the hiding, considering that his photos were all over the media. And I am sure that he enjoyed hearing all the news about the body parts showing up while he was in France.

I still dont know why I am so interested in this case (after all, this is something that happened in Canada, many thousand miles away!)But. Since I didnt have any nightmares at all, I suppose its okay.. I also see that I am learning alot with this case, about psychology and crime and law.. and hey, finally I know where exactly Montreal, Vancouver and Ottawa are located ;)

Thank you for your help, websleuths!
:seeya:

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Good article.

Quick! What is the name of Magnotta's victim?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/westview/quick-what-is-the-name-of-magnottas-victim-158840145.html?device=mobile

italianWSfan
06-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Good article.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/westview/quick-what-is-the-name-of-magnottas-victim-158840145.html?device=mobile

Exactly! It is sad. Thats why I always write out Lin Jun and for the killer only LM.
I would love to see the candlelight remembering- it will be very beautiful I am sure. Do you think that the media will be there, so I can also have a look?

KDOGG
06-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Good article.

very true, but did anyone else notice the irony:

It's time we all pay more respect and attention to the victims of crimes

...& yet this artcile STILL referred to LJ as the 'ex-boyfriend'. :maddening:

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Precisely, not to mention DNA. I really don't think LRM was thinking anything through here. I know it's an unpopular theory to suggest he was insane, but honestly, only someone two matchsticks short of a full box could have executed this crime in the manner in which he did and NOT expect to get caught.

He would have eventually gotten caught but if we believe that the internet café owner was a news junky then he/we got lucky in a sense. Have to wonder what would have happened if the owner didn't follow the news. Would he have just blended in with the crowd? Would he have gone back to Paris or somewhere else? Returned to Canada? :what:

Most criminals who get caught it's because of a stupid mistake. This is one of those cases.:moo:

DD_bwest
06-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone,

GRAPHIC!!!!!!

Am i wrong?

still catching up but i point this out yesterday..

watch the beggining of the video in slow motiong, after LM climbs off of him, he picks up the camera to give us a view of JL, in this sequence the camera moves over his area. you can see it is shavin, and the penis is either erect, or just laying up on his belly, casting a shadow from the lighting conitions

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
very true, but did anyone else notice the irony:

...& yet this artcile STILL referred to JL as the 'ex-boyfriend'. :maddening:

I didn't notice that.

As for the ex boyfriend, I think most are referring to JL as an ex lover/boyfriend because the Police had confirmed they knew each other so I guess that's where speculation started because of the sexual nature of the video (??) before the murder.

otto
06-13-2012, 11:21 AM
:waitasec:

One set was sent to Ottawa and another set to Vancouver. Hand and foot in Ottawa. Hand and foot in Vancouver. I don't understand your post.

This was pre planned Video, mailing, online presence, etc.

I'm saying that he probably thought that the hands and feet sent to opposite ends of the country would not be connected to each other ... that police would be standing around scratching their heads thinking that there were two evil people doing the same thing ... and that none of it was connected to a missing Concordia student. We have to remember that if everything had gone according to plan, the torso would not have been found. The head has not been found, so that part probably did go according to plan.

susan1122
I am gone for a few hours, but i will be back. Will someone please take a look at what I wrote?

I have not finished reading through.....and can't watch the video. But I know others up here have questioned if it is more that one body. Scary thought! I hope LE is on it.

P.S. your English is great.

~n/t~
Exactly! It is sad. Thats why I always write out Lin Jun and for the killer only LM.
I would love to see the candlelight remembering- it will be very beautiful I am sure. Do you think that the media will be there, so I can also have a look?

Yes I'm sure they will have pictures or video tomorrow. It won't be live stream, I don't think.

otto
06-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Hello my friends :)

I was setting up my own little timeline, can someone help me fill in the gaps, please? I was looking also looking at your timeline thread, but I am not sure about several things:

- LM stayed at a friends house for 2 nights in the Clichy-la-Garenne district in Paris. Which nights exactly? May 26 th, 27th, 28th, or 29th?

- When did he stay in the hotel, in which the police found his belongings?

- When exactly did he have that drink at Le Petit Batignolles? I found different dates in the media (May 30th or 31st or June 1st).

- On Friday night, June 1st, he took the bus to Berlin. What did he do on June 2nd and 3rd until he got arrested on June 4th?

Please help me, because I dont know which MSM is trustworthy and which is not.

Doing this timeline, I realised there are still gaps about his whereabouts and actually LM was doing pretty well with the hiding, considering that his photos were all over the media. And I am sure that he enjoyed hearing all the news about the body parts showing up while he was in France.

I still dont know why I am so interested in this case (after all, this is something that happened in Canada, many thousand miles away!)But. Since I didnt have any nightmares at all, I suppose its okay.. I also see that I am learning alot with this case, about psychology and crime and law.. and hey, finally I know where exactly Montreal, Vancouver and Ottawa are located ;)

Thank you for your help, websleuths!
:seeya:

His flight left at 11:35 PM May 26 and he arrived in Paris shortly after noon on May 27 ... so the night of the 26th he was on the plane.

Jujercu
06-13-2012, 11:35 AM

Yeah I wondered about morocco too...wonder how long it would take a post to get from Montreal to morocco.

JayFriend
06-13-2012, 11:39 AM
I just watched an interesting debate called "An Appetite for Crime" on The Agenda, TV Ontario. The Magnotta killvid is discussed and why people are drawn to it. I watched it on the TVO site, but in case it's not available outside Canada, here it is on the Youtube channel:

An Appetite for Crime - YouTube

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 11:43 AM
For those like me who wondered why they selected that statue as Jun Lin's makeshift memorial:

A small shrine was set up after his death near Concordia by the statue of Norman Bethune, a Canadian surgeon who became a Chinese hero because of his work in their country. Other messages of sympathy have been posted in the convenience store where Lin worked

More about the memorial at the link.....

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/260807/vigil-announced-for-slain-chinese-student/

italianWSfan
06-13-2012, 11:54 AM
For anyone who is interested, I could not find any info about LMs bus to Berlin, so I checked the eurolines website myself. From Paris to Berlin, the bus is departing everyday at the same time.
LM departed at 19.30 (June 1st) from Paris, Gallieni-gare routiere internationale and arrived at 09.15 (June 2nd) at Berlin, ZOB Am Funkturm.
If he ordered online, he would have paid 82-86 Euro.
I also found a german news article (dont know if trustworthy or not) saying that LM stayed with a friend who is living in Karl-Marx-Street (same street as Internet cafe), after he arrived from Paris. Link:
http://www.bz-berlin.de/tatorte/magnotta-versteckte-sich-bei-freund-article1474693.html

Sorry if this has been posted before.

No_Stone_Unturned
06-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Where did all of the previous regular posters go? When this story first broke, we had something like 200 people here! Could LRM's 'popularity' be fading? :rocker:

:jail:

Oh right, he's going to jail! And is IN jail in Berlin...........

KDOGG
06-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Where did all of the previous regular posters go? When this story first broke, we had something like 200 people here! Could LRM's 'popularity' be fading? :rocker:

i think its a combo of that & no new news recently.

Dutchie43
06-13-2012, 12:29 PM

watch the beggining of the video in slow motiong, after LM climbs off of him, he picks up the camera to give us a view of JL, in this sequence the camera moves over his area. you can see it is shavin, and the penis is either erect, or just laying up on his belly, casting a shadow from the lighting conitions

Thank you, and the others, for your comment.

jeanne
06-13-2012, 12:31 PM
i think its a combo of that & no new news recently.

That and the futility of kicking around the same old stale theories.

italianWSfan
06-13-2012, 12:34 PM
I just found some strange German news. :)
The chair, in which LM was sitting in the Internet Cafe, was tried to be sold on Ebay. By the owner of the cafe. But it was taken down from Ebay, before it was sold. There were 36 offers for the chair, one of them 111 Euro.
The cafe-owners girlfriend said they wanted to give the money to Jun Lins family.
link http://www.bz-berlin.de/bezirk/neukoelln/ebay-stoppt-auktion-auf-kannibalen-stuhl-article1478631.html

EDIT: Dont know if is true. Just read another article regarding Jun Lins murder, and came across lots of false statements (that Jun Lins head was stored in the apartments fridge, the song from the video referred to as ‘True Faith’ von New Porder...)

Also, German news (even the the serious mainstream media) is referring to Jun Lin as "LMs lover" - NOT ex-lover!

Edit: now also on CBC:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2012/06/13/magnotta-chair-ebay-internet-cafe.html

elepher50
06-13-2012, 12:55 PM
That and the futility of kicking around the same old stale theories.

Agree ... same stale old theories and same discussions about mental state. Not really any new news and probably won't be until he is returned to Canada - then there will be a media splash and we won't hear anything for awhile after that.

Where could have the little A-H put Mr. Lin's head - this is really bothering me as his family has come to Canada to take Mr. Lin home but he is not whole yet.

Apple OC
06-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I just found some strange German news. :)
The chair, in which LM was sitting in the Internet Cafe, was tried to be sold on Ebay. By the owner of the cafe. But it was taken down from Ebay, before it was sold. There were 36 offers for the chair, one of them 111 Euro.
The cafe-owners girlfriend said they wanted to give the money to Jun Lins family.
link http://www.bz-berlin.de/bezirk/neukoelln/ebay-stoppt-auktion-auf-kannibalen-stuhl-article1478631.html

EDIT: Dont know if is true. Just read another article regarding Jun Lins murder, and came across lots of false statements (that Jun Lins head was stored in the apartments fridge, the song from the video referred to as ‘True Faith’ von New Porder...)

Also, German news (even the the serious mainstream media) is referring to Jun Lin as "LMs lover" - NOT ex-lover!

IMO the cafe was trying to make a buck. ... also has it been proven that JL and Luka were not an item?

Canada has very strict publication bans on court proceedings ... we may not find out much until a verdict is rendered.

comfort80
06-13-2012, 01:03 PM

GRAPHIC RESPONSE

I also thought I saw there were already holes in the torso prior to the 1st stabbing motion in the copy I saw. I had to watch that part a few times to make sure.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 01:05 PM
IMO the cafe was trying to make a buck. ... also has it been proven that JL and Luka were not an item?

Canada has very strict publication bans on court proceedings ... we may not find out much until a verdict is rendered.Not true. It's at the discretion of the judge in each case.

Apple OC
06-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Not true. It's at the discretion of the judge in each case.

Court procedure publication bans are very common in Canada ... IMO there will be very minimal info allowed to be reported until after the verdict.

LadyL
06-13-2012, 01:15 PM

Canada has very strict publication bans on court proceedings ... we may not find out much until a verdict is rendered.

we found out a lot during Rafferty's trial as the reporters were allowed to tweet from the courtroom

hoping they're allowed to in this case as well ...

Streets
06-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Can someone please explain to me the purpose of the fake accounts that the animal rights groups created? I've read over and over that some of the accounts may have been faked by them in order to draw LM out. I just don't understand the thought process...

For example... Someone posts videos of themselves killing kittens. Animal rights group link it to LM... they then proceed to make tons of fake accounts with photos, comments etc. LM has posts on his website about people imitating him and saying things that aren't true, etc. So now, during this case, it's hard to tell what is LM and what is an LM imposter. Is there any way that the people from that group, who use this forum, can confirm which one's belong to them, and which ones are real? Also, back to my original question, explain the reasoning for this in the first place.

comfort80
06-13-2012, 01:18 PM
I also wonder if all the media silence is an effort to not hinder the extradition.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Apple OC
06-13-2012, 01:20 PM
we found out a lot during Rafferty's trial as the reporters were allowed to tweet from the courtroom

hoping they're allowed to in this case as well ...

very true ... lets hope they do same with this trial. The public has the right to know if they wish.

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 01:26 PM
very true ... lets hope they do same with this trial. The public has the right to know if they wish.The public can walk into any courtroom in the country any time they wish.

DD_bwest
06-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Can someone please explain to me the purpose of the fake accounts that the animal rights groups created? I've read over and over that some of the accounts may have been faked by them in order to draw LM out. I just don't understand the thought process...

For example... Someone posts videos of themselves killing kittens. Animal rights group link it to LM... they then proceed to make tons of fake accounts with photos, comments etc. LM has posts on his website about people imitating him and saying things that aren't true, etc. So now, during this case, it's hard to tell what is LM and what is an LM imposter. Is there any way that the people from that group, who use this forum, can confirm which one's belong to them, and which ones are real? Also, back to my original question, explain the reasoning for this in the first place.

the theory was that, while on his international man hunt, being the self absorbed moron that he is. he would be drawn to post and reply to accounts that are glorying him. hes pretty easy to spot by the way he talks/mistakes he makes. and if it comes online to post, they hoped they could track the location, and might get lucky. it was a rather dumb idea as its pretty easy to mask your location.. plus with all the imposters it was like finding a needle in a stack of nails..

sillybilly
As We've yet to see any other arrest warrents issued in this case, and as the police themselves have stated he worked alone, I think we can safely put this particular theory to bed until some further evidence appears leading us back in this direction.<rs&bbm>

WADR, do we have a link to the bolded part please.

Sealuzna
I also wonder if all the media silence is an effort to not hinder the extradition.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2What do you think the media could do to hinder the extradition? I can't think of one thing.:waitasec:

prima.facie
06-13-2012, 01:31 PM

Oh right, he's going to jail! And is IN jail in Berlin...........

eh, there isnt anything new to talk about..... :/

LadyL
06-13-2012, 01:34 PM

I think the reasoning was that the more he posted, the more info he would inadvertantly reveal so they could track him down. Apparently he hid his ISP so they were attempting to 'bait' him into making a mistake.

It was clearly a waste of time, energy, and resources and now has the potential to muddy the waters in this investigation. People should leave the real detective work to the real detectives IMO or hire a P.I. firm to find him and reveal the results to the police.

I think they were frustrated and turned rougue. I suppose it's understandable from their point of view since they were down in the trenches and he was flaunting it in their face.

I'd have a difficult time controlling myself in a similar situation, especially if I wasn't getting any support from LE. I guess it's a hard lesson learned for them.

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 01:34 PM
the theory was that, while on his international man hunt, being the self absorbed moron that he is. he would be drawn to post and reply to accounts that are glorying him. hes pretty easy to spot by the way he talks/mistakes he makes. and if it comes online to post, they hoped they could track the location, and might get lucky. it was a rather dumb idea as its pretty easy to mask your location.. plus with all the imposters it was like finding a needle in a pile a stack of nails..Most of the fake accounts were created long before the murder and the international manhunt. It's no wonder LE got nowhere with their kitten investigations.

The police have already said the morass of fake accounts has greatly affected their investigation, and they've wasted how many hours chasing down false leads about connections in Florida alone?

I for one will be totally pissed if their games causes this case to become totally derailed. It's bad enough that LE has had to waste precious time, resources and tax dollars chasing down these fake accounts. If these groups would at least provide LE with a list of their fake accounts, I'd have a little more respect for them.

As it stands now, their tactics have done absolutely nothing to bring Luka to justice.

Chorley8
06-13-2012, 01:35 PM
I agree about the importance of the poster. Beyond the destination of the victims's head what else could it mean anyone want to venture? We could break down the word Casa...... Blanca for example. Anything about the actors? The minaret?

There are shadowy men in fez hats and with the minaret there is the possibility of the link to Shriners and thus to Masonry since Shriners are Masons - not on this site but others have noted the name of the band "New Order".

I attach part of the Wiki article on interpretatino the last reading is interesting as it links to the psychiatric diagnosis MPD or Dissociative Identity Disorder (the fact that Bogart is called by so many people so many names in the film).

From Wiki:
Casablanca has been subjected to many different readings. Semioticians account for the film's popularity by claiming that its inclusion of a whole series of stereotypes paradoxically strengthens the film.[76][77][78][79] Umberto Eco explained:

Thus Casablanca is not just one film. It is many films, an anthology. [...] When all the archetypes burst in shamelessly, we reach Homeric depths. Two clichés make us laugh. A hundred clichés move us. For we sense dimly that the clichés are talking among themselves, and celebrating a reunion.[80][81]

Eco also singled out sacrifice as one of the film's key themes: "the myth of sacrifice runs through the whole film."[82] It was this theme which resonated with a wartime audience that was reassured by the idea that painful sacrifice and going off to war could be romantic gestures done for the greater good.[83]

Koch also considered the film a political allegory. Rick was compared to President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who gambled "on the odds of going to war until circumstance and his own submerged nobility force him to close his casino (partisan politics) and commit himself—first by financing the Side of Right and then by fighting for it."[84] The similarity was reinforced by the film's title, as it was compared to its English equivalent: White House.[84]

Harvey Greenberg presents a Freudian reading in his The Movies on Your Mind, in which the transgressions which prevent Rick from returning to the U.S. constitute an Oedipus complex, which is resolved only when Rick begins to identify with the father figure of Laszlo and the cause which he represents.[85] Sidney Rosenzweig argues that such readings are reductive, and that the most important aspect of the film is its ambiguity, above all in the central character of Rick; he cites the different names which each character gives Rick (Richard, Ricky, Mr Rick, Herr Blaine and so on) as evidence of the different meanings which he has for each person.[86]

LadyL
06-13-2012, 01:36 PM
the theory was that, while on his international man hunt, being the self absorbed moron that he is. he would be drawn to post and reply to accounts that are glorying him. hes pretty easy to spot by the way he talks/mistakes he makes. and if it comes online to post, they hoped they could track the location, and might get lucky. it was a rather dumb idea as its pretty easy to mask your location.. plus with all the imposters it was like finding a needle in a stack of nails..

they were tracking him prior to the international man hunt because of the kitten killings ...

prima.facie
06-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Most of the fake accounts were created long before the murder and the international manhunt. It's no wonder LE got nowhere with their kitten investigations.

The police have already said the morass of fake accounts has greatly affected their investigation, and they've wasted how many hours chasing down false leads about connections in Florida alone?

I for one will be totally pissed if their games causes this case to become totally derailed. It's bad enough that LE has to waste precious time and tax dollars chasing down fake accounts.

i believe the group that created the dummy accounts have let LE know of these accounts...they have been very upfront and working with LE, according to what ive read on their FB account....

but i totally get your point....

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 01:38 PM
I think the reasoning was that the more he posted, the more info he would inadvertantly reveal so they could track him down. Apparently he hid his ISP so they were attempting to 'bait' him into making a mistake.

It was clearly a waste of time, energy, and resources and now has the potential to muddy the waters in this investigation. People should leave the real detective work to the real detectives IMO or hire a P.I. firm to find him and reveal the results to the police.

I think they were frustrated and turned rougue. I suppose it's understandable from their point of view since they were down in the trenches and he was flaunting it in their face.

I'd have a difficult time controlling myself in a similar situation, especially if I wasn't getting any support from LE. I guess it's a hard lesson learned for them.As LE has stated, "it's like trying to find a snowflake in a blizzard". These activists need to give LE a list sooner rather than later.

~n/t~
06-13-2012, 01:39 PM
The teacher had been under contract as a replacement through the end of the year, for a 10th-grade history and citizenship education class.

Students are defending the popular young teacher — whom one described as being in his 20s.

Another student said it was the kids who asked him to play the video. She said the teacher was hesitant. A few children in the class also objected.

But the vast majority of students, she said, convinced him to play the video.

“He’s a very good teacher,” said Maude Aubin-Boivin, 17, who was in the class when the film was shown. “Honestly, his courses are super fun… He’s a teacher who knows his job and who knows how to teach.”

Before showing the video, she says the teacher warned the class: “He said, ‘Watch out, for sure there are images that could be shocking.’ “

Students had voted with a show of hands on whether to watch the video and the result was approximately 22 to 3 in favour. Those who voted against remained in the class anyway, and viewed it. The teacher apparently fast-forwarded through some of the video.

Aubin-Boivin said the contents were troubling — but she’s fine.

“For sure, at the beginning I found it tough,” she said. “But I wasn’t traumatized or anything. We see so much these days on TV.”

The teacher apparently apologized to the school by email that same day. He is now scheduled to lay out his version of the facts before a labour-relations board Wednesday. A decision is expected by the end of the school year, but could also come during the summer.

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/261406/teacher-suspended-for-showing-students-body-parts-video/

Cappuccino
06-13-2012, 01:39 PM
What do you think the media could do to hinder the extradition? I can't think of one thing.:waitasec:

LM could delay the extradition by changing his mind about not challenging it. If his lawyer advised them that media coverage was prejudicing his chances of a fair trial back home, he might change his mind.

Apple OC
06-13-2012, 01:42 PM
The public can walk into any courtroom in the country any time they wish.

well unless you personally are in the court room ... publication bans prevent reporters from disclosing certain court proceedings.

and the publication ban covers wannabe reporters who would try to report or post what they saw in court

prima.facie
06-13-2012, 01:42 PM
I agree about the importance of the poster. Beyond the destination of the victims's head what else could it mean anyone want to venture? We could break down the word Casa...... Blanca for example. Anything about the actors? The minaret?

There are shadowy men in fez hats and with the minaret there is the possibility of the link to Shriners and thus to Masonry since Shriners are Masons - not on this site but others have noted the name of the band "New Order".

I attach part of the Wiki article on interpretatino the last reading is interesting as it links to the psychiatric diagnosis MPD or Dissociative Identity Disorder (the fact that Bogart is called by so many people so many names in the film).

From Wiki:
Casablanca has been subjected to many different readings. Semioticians account for the film's popularity by claiming that its inclusion of a whole series of stereotypes paradoxically strengthens the film.[76][77][78][79] Umberto Eco explained:

Thus Casablanca is not just one film. It is many films, an anthology. [...] When all the archetypes burst in shamelessly, we reach Homeric depths. Two clichés make us laugh. A hundred clichés move us. For we sense dimly that the clichés are talking among themselves, and celebrating a reunion.[80][81]

Eco also singled out sacrifice as one of the film's key themes: "the myth of sacrifice runs through the whole film."[82] It was this theme which resonated with a wartime audience that was reassured by the idea that painful sacrifice and going off to war could be romantic gestures done for the greater good.[83]

Koch also considered the film a political allegory. Rick was compared to President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who gambled "on the odds of going to war until circumstance and his own submerged nobility force him to close his casino (partisan politics) and commit himself—first by financing the Side of Right and then by fighting for it."[84] The similarity was reinforced by the film's title, as it was compared to its English equivalent: White House.[84]

Harvey Greenberg presents a Freudian reading in his The Movies on Your Mind, in which the transgressions which prevent Rick from returning to the U.S. constitute an Oedipus complex, which is resolved only when Rick begins to identify with the father figure of Laszlo and the cause which he represents.[85] Sidney Rosenzweig argues that such readings are reductive, and that the most important aspect of the film is its ambiguity, above all in the central character of Rick; he cites the different names which each character gives Rick (Richard, Ricky, Mr Rick, Herr Blaine and so on) as evidence of the different meanings which he has for each person.[86]

if people feel that he is too much of a dummy to figure out the deepweb/darnets and use them for his benefit....i seriously doubt that he has the wits about him to create crimes based on deep theories of what movies mean, esp in the realm of conspiracy theories....(masons, governments, new world order, etc)

the poster could in itself easily be a message to someone whom he knew...maybe a past lover or family member that watched the movie with him....

with that said, one theory is no much more or less possible than the next....

who the hell knows....but the creep himself...