PDA

View Full Version : ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

imamaze
06-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Story still developing, but these two events may be connected. A suspicious package that turned up at Conservative Party HQ in our nation's capital seems to have contained a human foot. On the same day a torso was found in a suitcase in Montreal in a garbage skip. Political wags are already homing in on the symbolism of the act, but something far more serious may in play here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread#8

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/body-found-garbage-c-te-des-neiges-184939144.html
Torso found in Montreal garbage pile
The major crimes unit of the Montreal police is investigating the discovery of a torso in a pile of garbage in the Côte-des-Neiges borough, west of Décarie Boulevard.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/human-foot-found-suspicious-package-conservative-party-headquarters-191024177.html
Human foot found in ‘suspicious package’ at Conservative Party headquarters
Authorities say they were called to the Tory offices at Albert Street at 11:20am.
"Upon arrival, officers noted that the ... package had blood stains on it," the Ottawa Police Service said in a release, according to the Globe and Mail.

WARNING: the video that is online depicting the murder is extremely graphic and we are not posting links to it here at websleuths.

TIMELINE/MEDIA/INFO THREAD

Please continue here...

Here are some PRELIMINARY guidelines. Staff continues to reivew and assess, so please be patient. This list will change as necessart to keep up with the case.

What is Allowed:

MSM - may quote only ~10% of article. Anything more is a copyright violation.

Photos - they MUST be linked and they may NOT be of innocent people - LM ONLY

Links to the Kitten Killer investigation site - do NOT copy and paste comments. Provide direction for other posters to find the comments and you can paraphrase or summarize and discuss.

LM's Facebook pages - They must be his. No sleuthing of friends/family or others that are found on these Facebook pages. Other LM social sites need to be approved by a Mod because of content/authenticity.

Links to the KHolmoka discussion board - do NOT copy and paste comments. Same rule as the kitten investigation site.

Jun Lin's social media sites - but again, you may NOT sleuth his friends or family.

NOT ALLOWED:

Links to sex sites

Photos of LM with unknown and/or innocent people (we know LM doctored many photos to make it look like he had friends - DO NOT post those).

Links to graphic youtube files.

Links to unapproved blogs - if you want to link to a blog - obtain moderater permission FIRST.

Donation sites - donation sites are not allowed without the express approval of WS's owners.

Petition sites - petition sites are not allowed without the express approval of WS's owners.

Salem
06-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Please continue here.

AND remember - this site is accessible to those under the age of majority. So be careful about what you post.

Salem

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 11:54 PM
AFAIK this lawyer isn't licensed to practice anywhere in Canada. Even if he was, he'd be hauled up before the Law Society for his behaviour.

Lera213
06-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Has it been reported yet that LM is back in Canada yet?

DD_bwest
06-13-2012, 11:58 PM
haha last thread closed at exactly 1500 posts :P

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Has it been reported yet that LM is back in Canada yet?Not yet. It's expect he'll be back sometime in the next two weeks, but sooner rather than later.

Sealuzna
06-13-2012, 11:59 PM
haha last thread closed at exactly 1500 posts :P:woohoo: What did we win?!? :woohoo:

writer7
06-14-2012, 12:02 AM

Hmm
After seeing a still of the python video, it really makes me wonder if Manny could be real, and he could be behind the other hands in the python video.

That makes me think: I bet it was one of his sicko clients! I think Eric did all the killings for his own amusement, but that does explain what kind of other person might be in the room during that snake one. Or maybe another heavy fetish-prostitute? Not a whole lot would shock either of those groups.

There are ranges of fetish stuff, of course. I don't know a good term to separate out the really gross stuff like some of what Eric (might have) described in those emails to his lawyer.

jellybeanz
06-14-2012, 12:03 AM
:woohoo: What did we win?!? :woohoo:

A new thread!

Karmady
06-14-2012, 12:03 AM
AFAIK this lawyer isn't licensed to practice anywhere in Canada. Even if he was, he'd be hauled up before the Law Society for his behaviour.

fwiw, I don't think it's too difficult for an American lawyer to obtain permission to associate with Canadian counsel and practice there on a case-by-case basis. Similar, if not identical to, pro hac vice admission practiced interstate in the US. However, the rules may vary from one province to another.

jellybeanz
06-14-2012, 12:08 AM
That makes me think: I bet it was one of his sicko clients! I think Eric did all the killings for his own amusement, but that does explain what kind of other person might be in the room during that snake one. Or maybe another heavy fetish-prostitute? Not a whole lot would shock either of those groups.

There are ranges of fetish stuff, of course. I don't know a good term to separate out the really gross stuff like some of what Eric (might have) described in those emails to his lawyer.

I'm sure in the earlier threads someone sleuthed an ad selling the exact same snake, but from outside Montreal, possibly Toronto. I remember thinking there can't be that many yellow pythons in the two cities, so wouldn't have been too difficult for LE to pursue this, if relevant in their eyes.
I personally would think any lead is relevant to build their case.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 12:10 AM
fwiw, I don't think it's too difficult for an American lawyer to obtain permission to associate with Canadian counsel and practice there on a case-by-case basis. Similar, if not identical to, pro hac vice admission practiced interstate in the US. However, the rules may vary from one province to another.It would be in here somewhere:

http://www.barreau.qc.ca/en/avocats/hors-quebec/

DD_bwest
06-14-2012, 12:10 AM
fwiw, I don't think it's too difficult for an American lawyer to obtain permission to associate with Canadian counsel and practice there on a case-by-case basis. Similar, if not identical to, pro hac vice admission practiced interstate in the US. However, the rules may vary from one province to another.

wasnt there a boston legal where allan shore and denny crane went fishing in BC, and somehow ended up in a BC court.. i think it had something to do with fish farms...

i would be surprised if he wanted to come up to canada. sure its a high profile case, but after 32 years in the bar, this wouldnt be a well paid case.. i could see a young lawyer to make a name for himself.. but i dont see this guy wanting to.. thats if he would even be allowed which im not sure if he would

pingpattern
06-14-2012, 12:12 AM
It might be noted that the NYC attorney isn't firm-linked and may be leveraging to be so in the not too distant future, especially if he has prior dealings with the accused.

Sealuzna
I'm sure in the earlier threads someone sleuthed an ad selling the exact same snake, but from outside Montreal, possibly Toronto. I remember thinking there can't be that many yellow pythons in the two cities, so wouldn't have been too difficult for LE to pursue this, if relevant in their eyes.
I personally would think any lead is relevant to build their case.It was quite a ways northeast of Montreal. But isn't this supposed snake/cat incident to have happened in NY/NJ at Christmas (right before he saw the NY lawyer?) It's not as if Luka would have brought the snake cross-border to NY with him.

Mozzmo
Hi. Okay, I'm new to Websleuths but find all the LM comments very informative and thought provoking. I haven't read every comment but would like to say that although some question if LM is a psychopath, I think it's a very real possibility. He certainly likely has multiple personality disorders. Just because he may come across as passionless, detached or "acting" doesn't mean he's not a psychopath. In fact it may support it. The absence of emotions, including passion during a murder are hallmarks of a psychopath. They lack a true self, so life IS ACTING....and at times its palpable and easily detected. I suspect that is why so many got the creeps when around him. I agree with others who say that LM intentionally used the poster to garner attention. I believe he not only wanted others to know it was him, but I believe it could well be a type of f-you to those on his animal killing trail. Likewise, I believe the use of the dog was another nod to it being him....AND again, a possible f-you to the animal lovers hunting him. Additionally, I wonder if the dog was used in the solitation of JL. The puppy would create a great ice breaker if meeting someone from Craigslist. A puppy is disarming. Someone is likely to assume good things about someone who just got a warm, cuddly puppy. I believe LM used the puppy in part to help make JL feel more safe and comfortable before he likely drugged him and committed the macabre acts that he did.

Karmady
06-14-2012, 12:16 AM
It would be in here somewhere:

http://www.barreau.qc.ca/en/avocats/hors-quebec/

Thanks. Yes, it's basically the same as a pro hac vice admission. And it appears that association with local counsel is not required in some or most cases, which is even less restrictive than it is within the US. Like most things, it's all about money!

james62
06-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Luka Magnotta: How not to Disappear

"Magnotta’s flight to Europe from Montreal on May 26 showed more impulse (if not panic) than planning, Ahearn said. “I don’t think he had much of an escape idea in his head,” Ahearn said. “I think (if) he did the crime … (he) thought, ‘Oh ****, I better get out of Canada.’ I also don’t think he thought the crime would become a worldwide piece of news and Interpol would become involved as well.”

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/06/13/luka-magnotta-how-not-to-disappear/

DD_bwest
06-14-2012, 12:22 AM
im guessing that the website the Mr. salta is posting on is timestamped for NYC, he posted this

Romeo Salta on Jun 13, 10:18 PM said:
As I have already said, Luka sent the emails to make a record, <modsnip>
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-bizarre-backstory-of-the-alleged-canadian-psycho-2012-6#ixzz1xjpG3T9x

Karmady
06-14-2012, 12:22 AM
wasnt there a boston legal where allan shore and denny crane went fishing in BC, and somehow ended up in a BC court.. i think it had something to do with fish farms...

i would be surprised if he wanted to come up to canada. sure its a high profile case, but after 32 years in the bar, this wouldnt be a well paid case.. i could see a young lawyer to make a name for himself.. but i dont see this guy wanting to.. thats if he would even be allowed which im not sure if he would

I don't see him wanting to get involved either. That's why I said "fwiw." I haven't even looked at his firm's site, so I'm not sure high profile criminal defense is even among his specialties.

jellybeanz
06-14-2012, 12:24 AM
It was quite a ways northeast of Montreal. But isn't this supposed snake/cat incident to have happened in NY/NJ at Christmas (right before he saw the NY lawyer?) It's not as if Luka would have brought the snake cross-border to NY with him.I'm unsure where the incident took place Sealunza.
My thoughts were that the snake wasn't LRM's and that would point to two people being involved with that particular video.

This 'Manny' knowing Jun Lin (see the phone call) and now the revelation from the lawyer that a 'Manny' was 'abusing' LRM is just tooooo coincidental for me. Let's hope LE address this and eliminate as they see fit.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 12:26 AM
I don't see him wanting to get involved either. That's why I said "fwiw." I haven't even looked at his firm's site, so I'm not sure high profile criminal defense is even among his specialties.

Pretty cheap website if you ask me LOL

http://www.romeosaltalaw.com/index.html

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 12:26 AM
It was quite a ways northeast of Montreal. But isn't this supposed snake/cat incident to have happened in NY/NJ at Christmas (right before he saw the NY lawyer?) It's not as if Luka would have brought the snake cross-border to NY with him.

The emails to the NY lawyer were in Jan 2011 where LM was talking about the first kitten videos ... 11 months later the video 'Python Christmas' was uploaded with upload location Islington, London. in Dec. 2011

Karmady
06-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Pretty cheap website if you ask me LOL

haha, for sure. I'm guessing Mr. Salta doesn't have to work too hard. I read that he is the son of a very famous NY restaurateur. As a matter of fact, I think I've had dinner at the last of his establishments.

Maybe the wife is independently wealthy, too. I see you've found some information about her. I haven't seen anything, though.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 12:32 AM
The emails to the NY lawyer were in Jan 2011 where LM was talking about the first kitten videos ... 11 months later the video 'Python Christmas' was uploaded with upload location Islington, London. in Dec. 2011
According to Scotland Yard it was uploaded from somewhere in North American and that's why they said they had no jurisdiction.

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 12:33 AM
WHOAAAAAAA!!!!! Guess what address was used for Romeo Salta's beautiful website!?!?

96 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA

Yup, we've been had yet again by the animal activists.

that address is for Tucows ... one of the largest Domain Registrars in the world.

millions of websites are listed as that address

DD_bwest
06-14-2012, 12:33 AM

from what i got from his website, is its a small firm, more focused on personal attention, then getting as many cases as possible. offering a broad range of services, from civil litigation, malpractice suites to criminal defense..

ive always been a believer that if a lawyer is really good at his job, he wont need to be yelling his name from radio stations/tv ads. just because mr. salta doesnt have a great website with lots of bells and whistles, doesnt mean he isnt a wiz in the legal system.

FootballMom
06-14-2012, 12:34 AM
One thing is certain, during a psychotic break actions are frantic and disordered, nothing like the calm, cool and collected actions of Luka on the killvid. I think the earliest theories of narcissism still apply here.

BBM

Not true... A psychotic break can run from mild symptoms to severe to mixed. I've shared link after link regarding symptoms, myths/facts, etc. about schizophrenia so I won't bore anyone with that again.

My LRM schizoaffective/bipolar theory is based on reading between the lines of his blogs, postings, the personal stories from the few who have shared them with the media. The most significant symptoms being; paranoia, delusional, hearing voices, Risperdal, arguing with his sockpuppets, frequent disorganized spelling & thoughts, bursts of activity then silence, isolation/lack of close personal relationships... all indicative of a severe mental illness.

In addition to the reasons above, I also have a personal story behind my theory/observations which I have avoided sharing until now.

I have a very close friend who is schizoaffective with bipolar. It is truly heartbreaking to witness and be totally helpless. He has been in a psychotic episode for about 10 months now. He cycles between manic & depressive with auditory hallucinations (the voices tell him he is bad, to do things, to not do other things, there are religious & sexual elements), he is delusional, grandiose (narcissistic), paranoid...

He has done some very extreme things. He was very methodical in his retaliation against some people who he believed had crossed him. He did not lash out at them immediately. He waited and planned out what he was going to do but afterwards he appeared disorganized because these people didn't know why he was upset with them. He didn't physically harm anyone but his actions did emotionally.

Despite all of his psychotic symptoms he is still able to care for himself AND his dog. He works for himself, pays his rent, cooks, eats, bathes... all of the "normal" things we do everyday. You would not know he is very sick unless you spent a significant amount of time with him and he trusted you enough to share his thoughts.

He has been in a few 72 hour hold through the urging of his family but since he is an adult and has not committed any crimes he cannot be held. He doesn't believe he is sick instead he thinks his family is crazy. He has pushed them away especially since they are trying to get him help.

It's really very, very sad. I miss my friend who I used to know and I hope he is able to come back to us soon.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 12:34 AM
I'm unsure where the incident took place Sealunza.
My thoughts were that the snake wasn't LRM's and that would point to two people being involved with that particular video.

This 'Manny' knowing Jun Lin (see the phone call) and now the revelation from the lawyer that a 'Manny' was 'abusing' LRM is just tooooo coincidental for me. Let's hope LE address this and eliminate as they see fit.The phone call was "Matty", not "Manny".

MechanicalMan
06-14-2012, 12:35 AM
im guessing that the website the Mr. salta is posting on is timestamped for NYC, he posted this

Romeo Salta on Jun 13, 10:18 PM said:
As I have already said,<modsnip>
I don't doubt a word that this guy is saying. I think Luka is crazy and full of crap, but I see no reason to doubt anything this lawyer is saying. Does anyone really find it hard to believe that Luka would say those things? Or that he would want it all to be made public? This seems like typical Luka.

DD_bwest
06-14-2012, 12:36 AM
that address is for Tucows ... one of the largest Domain Registrars in the world.

aww you beat me to it.. and all it took was googling the address..

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 12:38 AM

millions of websites are listed as that addressSo why has this address been listed as Luka's agent's home? address all over the internet?

Karmady
06-14-2012, 12:39 AM
WHOAAAAAAA!!!!! Guess what address was used for Romeo Salta's beautiful website!?!?

96 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA

Yup, we've been had yet again by the animal activists.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's at that address?

jellybeanz
06-14-2012, 12:40 AM
The phone call was "Matty", not "Manny".

Apologies and thank you.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 12:41 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what's at that address?Apparently Tucows, but I've seen people use it as Luka's address and his crazy agent's address. Man, oh man! LOL

FootballMom
06-14-2012, 12:42 AM

THAT is one of my most favorite episodes EVER in the entire history of television!

DENNY CRANE!!!

:floorlaugh:

Karmady
06-14-2012, 12:42 AM
from what i got from his website, is its a small firm, more focused on personal attention, then getting as many cases as possible. offering a broad range of services, from civil litigation, malpractice suites to criminal defense..

ive always been a believer that if a lawyer is really good at his job, he wont need to be yelling his name from radio stations/tv ads. just because mr. salta doesnt have a great website with lots of bells and whistles, doesnt mean he isnt a wiz in the legal system.

Indeed. Especially for an older solo. I'm not disparaging the guy. But his web site is definitely on the "minimalist" side.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Alrighty then.... lol I've deleted my post about the address. Don't want the AAs getting on my bad side!

DD_bwest
06-14-2012, 12:49 AM
THAT is one of my most favorite episodes EVER in the entire history of television!

DENNY CRANE!!!

its gotta be one of my favorite shows!!! and being from BC i enjoyed that episode.. who woulda thought william shatner would have such an amazing role so late in his career.. probably one of my all time favorite characters from any show, ever!

prima.facie
06-14-2012, 12:51 AM
That is not his address....it is the REGISTRARS address....

go to his website under contacts...that is his address...

if you go to whois.net and type in the website addy you will see...

Current Registrar:

TUCOWS.COM CO.

i see nothing odd about this.....

ETA............now my post is completely irrelavant since it has been explained already :giggle:

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 12:54 AM
BBM

Not true... A psychotic break can run from mild symptoms to severe to mixed. I've shared link after link regarding symptoms, myths/facts, etc. about schizophrenia so I won't bore anyone with that again.

My LRM schizoaffective/bipolar theory is based on reading between the lines of his blogs, postings, the personal stories from the few who have shared them with the media. The most significant symptoms being; paranoia, delusional, hearing voices, Risperdal, arguing with his sockpuppets, frequent disorganized spelling & thoughts, bursts of activity then silence, isolation/lack of close personal relationships... all indicative of a severe mental illness.

In addition to the reasons above, I also have a personal story behind my theory/observations which I have avoided sharing until now.

I have a very close friend who is schizoaffective with bipolar. It is truly heartbreaking to witness and be totally helpless. He has been in a psychotic episode for about 10 months now. He cycles between manic & depressive with auditory hallucinations (the voices tell him he is bad, to do things, to not do other things, there are religious & sexual elements), he is delusional, grandiose (narcissistic), paranoid...

He has done some very extreme things. He was very methodical in his retaliation against some people who he believed had crossed him. He did not lash out at them immediately. He waited and planned out what he was going to do but afterwards he appeared disorganized because these people didn't know why he was upset with them. He didn't physically harm anyone but his actions did emotionally.

Despite all of his psychotic symptoms he is still able to care for himself AND his dog. He works for himself, pays his rent, cooks, eats, bathes... all of the "normal" things we do everyday. You would not know he is very sick unless you spent a significant amount of time with him and he trusted you enough to share his thoughts.

He has been in a few 72 hour hold through the urging of his family but since he is an adult and has not committed any crimes he cannot be held. He doesn't believe he is sick instead he thinks his family is crazy. He has pushed them away especially since they are trying to get him help.

It's really very, very sad. I miss my friend who I used to know and I hope he is able to come back to us soon.It sounds like have a unique perspective both from studying it and being very close to it.

I know from personal experience that no one can really, truly understand it unless they've witnessed it first hand with someone they care about. It's an absolute nightmare for both the person suffering and those close to them, and it's nothing a textbook can ever properly explain.

I hope your friend gains insight into their illness and comes back to you. Mine, unfortunately, is gone forever now.

Mozzmo
06-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Oh...I forgot these other thoughts in my last post. I wonder if the dog has been butchered and mailed to one of the animal rights groups? It's a horrible thought, but well within LM's style. Also, it's so eery waiting for JL's head to show up....and sad. Having said that, I think there's a chance he may withold where he put it. Another way of him keeping attention on himself even after he's put in prison.

Davania
06-14-2012, 01:01 AM
http://abproject.org/docs/vbkk-ed.pdf

evidence document by abproject

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 01:03 AM
So why has this address been listed as Luka's agent's home? address all over the internet?

here is that address for Tucows ... clearly not Luka's agent.

http://tucowsinc.com/contact/?hp=A

as for your other question about the timeframe and location of the python vid?

I have used this site for timeframe ... the snake was in London when the London reporter confronted Luka about the vids ... Luka then sent the paper an anonymous email saying he would include humans in his next video.

http://pastebin.com/ngjMR2YL

BorgQueen
06-14-2012, 01:08 AM

Yes. They have services that can 'hide' the personal information of the person who registers domains through them. Think of it as a proxy.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Magnotta's domains (any number of them) were registered by these "activists".

Justme84
06-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Ok I'm a newb and this may not be of interest anymore BUT I wondered if as far as pausing on the casablanca poster, he was waiting for the dramatic, movie blood spray. I could not watch the video so I am not sure when it is that he holds the camera on the Casablanca poster for the 3-4 seconds mentioned or if it fits that it may have been around the time when he slashed his throat and thought he'd get dramatic blood spatter. It just seems possible and would also tie to a personality that could detach from the actual murder in order to create the grotesque and overdone blood splatter shot.*

My second theory on why he could have paused goes
right with his Jose Baez wannabe lawyer. If he
draws attention to certain things he's tried to,
when he says "Manny" did it, it will all fit.
If I was going to frame someone I'd put identifiable
items in the shot.

No doubt as a prostitute he was abused. Who knows
what happened in his home growing up. He may
even have some kind of mental disorder. I do
Not think any of that justifies what he did. Hard
lives aren't justification for evil.

I don't know where I got this idea but even before
this lawyer thing, I remember reading about his ex manager
trying to frame him. It's lies undoubtably
but he's sure trying to set it up to look like its true.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 01:10 AM

I have used this site for timeframe ... the snake was in London when the London reporter confronted Luka about the vids ... Luka then sent the paper an anonymous email saying he would include humans in his next video.

http://pastebin.com/ngjMR2YLYes, I get it already about Tucows LOL As I've explained, that address (and probably from the early days) was bandied about as his home address and his agent's office/home address, so the minute I saw it on screen (with my tired eyes), I jumped the gun.

As for the snake, the reporter went to his "lair" so you'd think he would have seen it. If he uploaded it from England, why did Scotland Yard say it was uploaded from somewhere in North America?

Just trying like everyone else to get to one final story about this.

Scientific
06-14-2012, 01:13 AM
Multiple Personality Disorder ceased to be a valid diagnosis years back. In its place now is Dissociative Identity Disorder. Anyway, a lot of people learn to dissociate/detach in order to cope with abuse. Luka definitely seems to do that. The funny thing about him is that his narcissism seems like something that could be replaced just as easily by some other personality emphasis, like he just stumbled upon it randomly and it fit because of the circumstances--it satisfied his need to find an identity while working in an appearance-based profession. He seems to have this hyper-ability to fantasize in order to escape mental pressures, an ability serial killers tend to have. I would believe he was schizophrenic if I didn't think abuse had shaped him so markedly. I think instead his scattered behavior and delusions can be explained by Dissociative Identity and narcissism, that they are a response to abuse.

Interesting to review the causes of Narcissism:

"An oversensitive temperament at birth"

You can see his sensitivity in the way he responds to things. You can see that he has a delicate nature when you look at the childhood photos.

"Excessive admiration that is never balanced with realistic feedback"

When a guy has three family names like "John James Smith" (his original name was Eric ____ Neman) I always worry that they come from a very sexist old school family where the men grow up macho, abusing their women. A lot of his ego could come from feeling privileged as a man.

"Excessive praise for good behaviors or excessive criticism for bad behaviors in childhood"

If he is more of a narcissist than a classic psychopath he might be very capable of strong feeling for those who seem to support him. He might be a very kind person in such instances. Maybe that's the side of him his lawyer is seeing.

"Overindulgence and overvaluation by parents"

Those photos of him taken by his mother seem to idolize him.

"Being praised for perceived exceptional looks or abilities by adults"

"Severe emotional abuse in childhood"

Luka mentioned to a one-time girlfriend that he'd been sexually abused by an older male figure as a child.

"Unpredictable or unreliable caregiving from parents"

An aunt of his mentioned this...

"Valued by parents as a means to regulate their own self-esteem"

I could picture this too. ...Of course, I can only conjecture at this point.

Mozzmo
06-14-2012, 01:14 AM
LM's chronic arguments that others are setting him up or out to get him...are IMO just his way of generating more dialogue about himself. All the sock puppets used simply to desparately keep his name in the mix of things while at the same time unconvincingly trying to make himself appear more well known and followed then in actuality.

BorgQueen
06-14-2012, 01:15 AM
:woohoo:

By the time I manage to type one post that consists of about 2 sentences, there are 8327493287 posts that have posted in the meantime! And I am not a slow typer. Then again, I do tend to go back and delete large paragraphs after proof-reading. In any event, I am laughing at myself. Slow and steady loses on forums :blushing:

prima.facie
06-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Ok I'm a newb and this may not be of interest anymore BUT I wondered if as far as pausing on the casablanca poster, he was waiting for the dramatic, movie blood spray. I could not watch the video so I am not sure when it is that he holds the camera on the Casablanca poster for the 3-4 seconds mentioned or if it fits that it may have been around the time when he slashed his throat and thought he'd get dramatic blood spatter. It just seems possible and would also tie to a personality that could detach from the actual murder in order to create the grotesque and overdone blood splatter shot.*

welcome :)

there was no blood splatter, nor was the killing shown on the video....

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 01:17 AM
http://pastebin.com/ngjMR2YLThank you for the link, Apple. You've obviously put a lot of work into it! I'll check it out tomorrow when I can see the screen a bit better. :)

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 01:20 AM

By the time I manage to type one post that consists of about 2 sentences, there are 8327493287 posts that have posted in the meantime! And I am not a slow typer. Then again, I do tend to go back and delete large paragraphs after proof-reading. In any event, I am laughing at myself. Slow and steady loses on forums :blushing::floorlaugh: I was getting lost after every time I posted until I figured out the "return to the post I was responding to" button thingy.

FootballMom
06-14-2012, 01:27 AM
It sounds like have a unique perspective both from studying it and being very close to it.

I know from personal experience that no one can really, truly understand it unless they've witnessed it first hand with someone they care about. It's an absolute nightmare for both the person suffering and those close to them, and it's nothing a textbook can ever properly explain.

I hope your friend gains insight into their illness and comes back to you. Mine, unfortunately, is gone forever now.

I am so sorry you've lost your friend. There really aren't words to describe how it affects everyone involved... how it can change from one minute to the next, the range of behaviours... Eggshells and fairy dust and ghosts are pretty close adjectives.

I want to remain optimistic but sadly the longer he goes untreated/medicated the worse he becomes and his prognosis that much more difficult to treat. I'm so worried he will be put in jail one day for something stupid and it will make it even worse. I am one of the few people he still trusts because I don't try to "fix him". I stay in his favour because I want to be sure he will call me if he has an emergency and to also be able to provide his family peace of mind for his well being... as much as it can be, I suppose.

BorgQueen
06-14-2012, 01:27 AM
:floorlaugh: I was getting lost after every time I posted until I figured out the "return to the post I was responding to" button thingy.

There is a button for that?! I am going to have to find that after I post this. I feel silly! :seeya:

ETA: found it! :woohoo: <-this emoticon is my favourite for some reason. It is just SO me :)

Mozzmo
06-14-2012, 01:28 AM
LM seems to minimally have very high narcissism. He even said on that surgery show audition that without his looks he is nothing. IMO there was truth in that comment because he was a cariature of his fantasized self. But his real self never was congruent with the image he portrayed. He was never successful. He used his body in stripping, prostitution and porno. He saw that as his best asset and feared losing so much that he had multiple plastic surgeries. He was vacuous inside like all truly malignant narcissists and/or psychopaths are. Unable to cultivate and maintain relationships due to his affective absence he had superficial intimacy through sex. His career in sex would only make his having intimate connection in his romantic life more difficult as a result of the damage self-esteem he likely felt in selling his body. Sex became increasingly attached to a loathsome aspect of himself and surely that would be something he'd battle with in his mind in situations with persons he began to date or grow fond of.

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Thank you for the link, Apple. You've obviously put a lot of work into it! I'll check it out tomorrow when I can see the screen a bit better. :)

no problem ... it is a good read if you want to know a lot about this Luka guy.

Karmady
06-14-2012, 01:49 AM
about the Casablanca poster and lm's lack of originality -- I, too, was a big fan of the Sopranos (for nostalgic rather than murderous reasons! lol). Casablanca was a big theme in a few episodes and googling it, there was one in particular where Carmela is talking about Casablanca to the priest, and the priest refers to a "new print." I've googled and seen the quote, but I can't find the video, as I'm sure it's only for sale. Just a thought. Maybe the poster has Sopranos significance. I thought of it because I also remembered a scene where Ralphie is dismembered in a bathtub, with his head and hands being removed. Inspiration, perhaps?

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 01:51 AM
I am so sorry you've lost your friend. There really aren't words to describe how it affects everyone involved... how it can change from one minute to the next, the range of behaviours... Eggshells and fairy dust and ghosts are pretty close adjectives.

I want to remain optimistic but sadly the longer he goes untreated/medicated the worse he becomes and his prognosis that much more difficult to treat. I'm so worried he will be put in jail one day for something stupid and it will make it even worse. I am one of the few people he still trusts because I don't try to "fix him". I stay in his favour because I want to be sure he will call me if he has an emergency and to also be able to provide his family peace of mind for his well being... as much as it can be, I suppose.It takes a very strong person to do what you're doing for him and his family. I know how utterly draining it can be, especially when you're the closest to them and feel that you have the added burden of trying to explain it to those friends and family who don't fully understand it; your adjectives bring back so many vivid memories.

Sometimes it takes a catalyst like jail (in my friend's case, it was going missing) to have professional intervention. I'm grateful that, in her last 5 or so years of life, she had been stabilized on medication, was her "old self" again (I hadn't seen that in over 20 years), and had insight into the illness and triggers that could cause another episode and knew how to remove herself from them. It was a gift, and I wish that for your friend, and for you.

Godspeed, Football Mom.

DD_bwest
06-14-2012, 01:53 AM
There is a button for that?! I am going to have to find that after I post this. I feel silly! :seeya:

ETA: found it! :woohoo: <-this emoticon is my favourite for some reason. It is just SO me :)

hahaha i never actually scrolled thru all the smilies before, i like some of them lol

one I would love to, but not rude enough to actaully use

:slap:

i think i have a darker humour then most people here.. lol

Karmady
06-14-2012, 01:58 AM
hahaha i never actually scrolled thru all the smilies before, i like some of them lol

I definitely have to tone it down around here, too lol

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 02:00 AM
about the Casablanca poster and lm's lack of originality -- I, too, was a big fan of the Sopranos (for nostalgic rather than murderous reasons! lol). Casablanca was a big theme in a few episodes and googling it, there was one in particular where Carmela is talking about Casablanca to the priest, and the priest refers to a "new print." I've googled and seen the quote, but I can't find the video, as I'm sure it's only for sale. Just a thought. Maybe the poster has Sopranos significance. I thought of it because I also remembered a scene where Ralphie is dismembered in a bathtub, with his head and hands being removed. Inspiration, perhaps?

here is a link to one of Luka's Soprano you tube accounts

http://www.youtube.com/user/sopranos2322?feature=results_main

BorgQueen
06-14-2012, 02:03 AM

I have to tone down my sense of humour around here, too. I don't want to upset anybody. I get taken seriously enough in my personal life, it is even easier to take things the wrong way online.

:razz: I like this one a lot. It reminds me of a comedy trio (with extremely inappropriate humour...) that I like.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 02:07 AM

i think i have a darker humour then most people here.. lolYou should have used that on me about an hour ago. I'd have been totally cool with that. :rocker:

revampz
06-14-2012, 02:14 AM

"Magnotta’s flight to Europe from Montreal on May 26 showed more impulse (if not panic) than planning, Ahearn said. “I don’t think he had much of an escape idea in his head,” Ahearn said. “I think (if) he did the crime … (he) thought, ‘Oh ****, I better get out of Canada.’ I also don’t think he thought the crime would become a worldwide piece of news and Interpol would become involved as well.”

I do agree that his disappearing act was not well planned at all, but I think there has to be a reason behind this.......I dont think he just thought ...oh bum I am in trouble now in canada and better bolt.......when they picked him up he said "you got me" and then smiled the whole car trip to the police station or whereever they took him.

Also I think this guy got it very very wrong when he says "he didnt think the crime would become a worldwide piece of news and Interpol would become involved".

I think it is the exact opposite........it is exactly what he wished for, for it to become a worldwide piece of news, he now has his desired fame. He will be famous for ages as the sicko who filmed himself killing and eating a guy and the first to post it on the internet AND post parts of they body to politicans and schools. It was all done for a reason.

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 02:19 AM
back to the NY Lawyer "Manny" emails ...

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-bizarre-backstory-of-the-alleged-canadian-psycho-2012-6

here are two links where Luka has posted complaining about his boyfriend "Mike" on May 2009 - July 2009 ... first on a dating website (read his comment at the bottom)
http://atlanta.beforelastcall.com/imlovinit50

and this link is some long winded complaining about "Mike".
http://estrip.org/articles/read/lukamagnotta/49151/My-Boyfriend-Part-3.html ... could Mike in 2009 really be "Manny" in 2011?

CuriousRus
06-14-2012, 03:33 AM

Well if you google the phone number of LM's twink escort site where he poses as Justin, another young escort does appear on a different site in a different ad with a different person but with the same phone number. Maybe there's a connection there. I would hope that LE would follow up on that phone number and see if that person had contact with LM in the past.

GSDbestbreed
06-14-2012, 04:47 AM

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-bizarre-backstory-of-the-alleged-canadian-psycho-2012-6

here are two links where Luka has posted complaining about his boyfriend "Mike" on May 2009 - July 2009 ... first on a dating website (read his comment at the bottom)

http://estrip.org/articles/read/lukamagnotta/49151/My-Boyfriend-Part-3.html ... could Mike in 2009 really be "Manny" in 2011?

Who knows if " Mike " or " Manny " even existed. I doubt it. LM is a self aggrandizing , manipulative, pathological liar.

This whole " Manny " scenario sounds like a load of crap. I'm guessing the Manny character was invented by LM to assuage his obvious guilt in the Kitten killing vids. He's alleging the vids were only made because this dark shadowy figure " Manny " has been controlling and manipulating him, that he is under severe duress, and is afraid for his life.... C'mon, really? Hogwash.

He retained the lawyer ( for a very small fee ) so he could do his bidding. The attorney would be able to find out if charges were pending, or if there was an active investigation by law enforcement. LM couldn't do this without his help. It was a fishing expedition by LM, nothing more. He concocted this asinine story about " Manny " so the attorney would take the case, and then be able to defer blame if LM were ever charged.. Its nonsense, and childishly transparent. And had a case ever been brought against LM, this " Manny " defense would be debunked in about 2 seconds. Because I guarantee the DA's investigator would not be able to find one single shred of evidence " Manny " existed.

LM is a pathological lying POS. Thats all there is to this story.

little maman
06-14-2012, 05:56 AM
Hi, I'm new here, been reading these threads when I can.
I do have a question, does anyone know if LM has internet connection in prison in Germany? I tried to see if inmates had access or not, but I don't really read German very well.
Just a thought, and a weird feeling.:newhere:

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 06:01 AM
I do have a question, does anyone know if LM has internet connection in prison in Germany? I tried to see if inmates had access or not, but I don't really read German very well.

He's in a "high security" prison. I doubt he has internet access or even a computer.

Bienvenue!

little maman
06-14-2012, 06:06 AM
He's in a "high security" prison. I doubt he has internet access or even a computer.

Bienvenue!

Merci !
You are probably right

BorgQueen
06-14-2012, 06:10 AM

:greetings: :wagon:

little maman
06-14-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm a little confused on certain parts of LM's history.
Many people say that he didn't have alot of friends, and was a loner.. (forgive my spelling)
But when he came to Paris, he stayed immediately with someone he met "online" for two days, he then was spotted after he left that guys apartment, with another man, someone who had a very large build, they said in some reports he was massive.
The links are in French, sorry. But it is interesting to read the news from different countries sometimes, not all news media reports the same things.
http://loeilducyclope.centerblog.net/4-tueur-du-canada-luka-rocco-magnotta

http://www.liberation.fr/societe/2012/06/03/a-paris-le-depeceur-de-montreal-en-chair-et-en-os_823346

http://che4ever.over-blog.com/article-depeceur-de-montreal-106327945.html

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 06:14 AM
ok so now these 15-16 year old students are circulating a petition to get their suspended ( with pay ) teacher back at the school claiming he did nothing wrong.

I don't know about any of you but my first thought when I read about this is where in the heck are the parents? Is the world gone mad?

http://www.globalnational.com/6442660231/story.html

little maman
06-14-2012, 06:20 AM

This whole lawyer thing smells fishy if you ask me...
Either the guys out to make big bucks selling his story or he is going to try to defend LM or it is total BS. Also the comments are weird (sort of), especially from one person after the article.
, http://www.businessinsider.com/the-bizarre-backstory-of-the-alleged-canadian-psycho-2012-6

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 06:21 AM
I'm a little confused on certain parts of LM's history.
Many people say that he didn't have alot of friends, and was a loner.. (forgive my spelling)
But when he came to Paris, he stayed immediately with someone he met "online" for two days, he then was spotted after he left that guys apartment, with another man, someone who had a very large build, they said in some reports he was massive.
The links are in French, sorry. But it is interesting to read the news from different countries sometimes, not all news media reports the same things.
http://loeilducyclope.centerblog.net/4-tueur-du-canada-luka-rocco-magnotta

http://www.liberation.fr/societe/2012/06/03/a-paris-le-depeceur-de-montreal-en-chair-et-en-os_823346

http://che4ever.over-blog.com/article-depeceur-de-montreal-106327945.html

I'm guessing he met some men when he was in Paris either at bars or wherever. Like those 2 on the plane (as an example). They only found out about him later so he may have met some people who weren't aware.

Eye witnesses accounts can differ.

little maman
06-14-2012, 06:37 AM
I'm guessing he met some men when he was in Paris either at bars or wherever. Like those 2 on the plane (as an example). They only found out about him later so he may have met some people who weren't aware.

Eye witnesses accounts can differ.

Apparently the police said that he had met the first guy on the internet before he came over to France, the guy was expecting him, stayed with him for a few days and then left, the French guy called the police the day LM left as he saw his face all over the news.
Second guy he met in a bar, LM came in first, ordered a coke, and the big guy came in and walked over to him, the bar owner said it seemed they knew each other very well, they then hung out for a bit, and before the two of them left together, they tried to pick up two guys that were also in the bar.

I've heard that JL had a friend that was in France at the time, wondering if one of the men was this friend "maddy"?
Just a thought.

No_Stone_Unturned
06-14-2012, 07:23 AM
No link (sorry) - I just heard on Radio Canada that the DNA of the body parts sent to Vancouver do match Lin Jun's DNA.

:jail:

little maman
06-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Aparently LM should be in Canada very shortly.
Germany has all the papers and are waiting for the German Foreign Affaires to sign off on his plane ticket back home.
It says he should be back in Canada within 2weeks.

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/monde/20120613.FAP4665/magnotta-place-en-detention-pre-extradition.html

little maman
06-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Forgot to mention the article also says that LM's lawyer can apeal the order.

little maman
06-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Ok,, sorry everyone, I know I'm a pain with all my posts, maybe just newbie rush :)
I was checking on the lawyer that put the private emails LM sent him in the press and one of the pages on his website says "It is the policy of the firm, moreover, that the initial consultation and case assessment is free."
If he only met LM once, then why did he ask for $300 unless he was hired to do something else for him..? Unless I'm missing something?

BorgQueen
06-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Ok,, sorry everyone, I know I'm a pain with all my posts, maybe just newbie rush :)
I was checking on the lawyer that put the private emails LM sent him in the press and one of the pages on his website says "It is the policy of the firm, moreover, that the initial consultation and case assessment is free."
If he only met LM once, then why did he ask for $300 unless he was hired to do something else for him..? Unless I'm missing something?

Don't worry about all the posts. If you have something to post, post it. If you're ever in doubt about whether you should post something or not, feel free to contact one of the lovely moderators for guidance :)

:seeya:

That is interesting, though. If the initial consultation is free, what was the money for?

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 08:18 AM

Well he allegedly sent this attorney some photos and emails. I guess it took the attorney a couple of hours to go through the file and perhaps there were other communications after that.

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Not sure if rumour or not because I haven't seen any MSM articles about it but perhaps some have (??).

Is it true people are posting "spinoffs" of the video? Using clips and making their own? How sick does one have to be to do that? Ugh!

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Luka Rocca Magnotta case: Criminal charges possible for Montreal teacher who showed video to class

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Luka+Rocca+Magnotta+case+Criminal+charges+possible +teacher+showed+video/6780971/story.html

Sigh Sister
06-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Not sure if rumour or not because I haven't seen any MSM articles about it but perhaps some have (??).

Is it true people are posting "spinoffs" of the video? Using clips and making their own? How sick does one have to be to do that? Ugh!

There is at least one on YouTube that I know of. I didn't watch it but saw it listed. Sick, sick people in this world........

Shimmers
06-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Well he allegedly sent this attorney some photos and emails. I guess it took the attorney a couple of hours to go through the file and perhaps there were other communications after that.

I agree to that. There had to be some sort of communication between those two. It makes no sense that only LRM send emails and there wasn't any reaction back from the lawyer. Normally when one seeks the help or advice from a lawyer, he/she will ask to write everything down ( or speak out when meeting face to face ). After you're done, then everything will be "screened" and looked upon whether it will hold up in case there is a trial. And that "screening" part is just nothing more or less than backing up the statements the client made. Including a sketch of the client's persona.

jeanne
06-14-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm unsure where the incident took place Sealunza.

This 'Manny' knowing Jun Lin (see the phone call) and now the revelation from the lawyer that a 'Manny' was 'abusing' LRM is just tooooo coincidental for me. Let's hope LE address this and eliminate as they see fit.

If the phone call you are referencing is the one made by a friend of Jun Lin's to police, the name was 'Matty', not 'Manny".

popoju
06-14-2012, 08:41 AM
No link (sorry) - I just heard on Radio Canada that the DNA of the body parts sent to Vancouver do match Lin Jun's DNA.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/societe/2012/06/13/004-affaire-magnotta-adn.shtml

little maman
06-14-2012, 08:47 AM
I agree to that. There had to be some sort of communication between those two. It makes no sense that only LRM send emails and there wasn't any reaction back from the lawyer. Normally when one seeks the help or advice from a lawyer, he/she will ask to write everything down ( or speak out when meeting face to face ). After you're done, then everything will be "screened" and looked upon whether it will hold up in case there is a trial. And that "screening" part is just nothing more or less than backing up the statements the client made. Including a sketch of the client's persona.

Ok,, sorry to rehash this lawyer thing again,, but the timeline doesn't make sense to me,
The lawyer says he met LM on January 4, it must have been in the morning, because he asked for $300 and LM was back before lunch with the money.
The first email LM sent to the lawyer (with the bruses on his face) was January 4th at 5:18pm, if the lawyer sat there with him all morning,, why didn't the lawyer take pictures of LM's beaten face when they were in the office together....
And it doesn't make sense either that he was in England just days or weeks before he contacted this lawyer in NYC, telling the SUN reporter in the UK two different stories,, the real interview, and then the email. I'm going to try to find out the date of the email he sent to the reporter..

But I do think the lawyer is FOS,,
<MODSNIP>

Jujercu
06-14-2012, 08:56 AM

Great work with the timeline...very impressive! One question..ok maybe 2. The CL ad...you stated CL issued a warning not to respond to it...do you have a Copy of the text from the ad? I haven't been able to find it recently....I saw it when it was still online but now can't locate it. Also where did you see CL gave a warning about it....very interesting.

Justme84
06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
welcome :)

there was no blood splatter, nor was the killing shown on the video....

My point was not that it did happen but rather
he was hoping it would for dramatic effect.

jeanne
06-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Apparently the police said that he had met the first guy on the internet before he came over to France, the guy was expecting him, stayed with him for a few days and then left, the French guy called the police the day LM left as he saw his face all over the news.
Second guy he met in a bar, LM came in first, ordered a coke, and the big guy came in and walked over to him, the bar owner said it seemed they knew each other very well, they then hung out for a bit, and before the two of them left together, they tried to pick up two guys that were also in the bar.

I've heard that JL had a friend that was in France at the time, wondering if one of the men was this friend "maddy"?
Just a thought.

There seems to be some confusion with names. 'Manny' was the name Luka gave to the lawyer. 'Matty' has no connection to luka, he was a friend of Jun Lin. There is no 'Maddy'.

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Vigil for Jun Lin

https://www.facebook.com/events/219807461472808/

https://www.facebook.com/PatrickJunLin

Online Candle Vigil

https://www.facebook.com/events/123944591077074/

little maman
06-14-2012, 09:16 AM
There seems to be some confusion with names. 'Manny' was the name Luka gave to the lawyer. 'Matty' has no connection to luka, he was a friend of Jun Lin. There is no 'Maddy'.

Sorry my spelling mistake. I meant Matty.

Justme84
06-14-2012, 09:18 AM
LM seems to minimally have very high narcissism. He even said on that surgery show audition that without his looks he is nothing. IMO there was truth in that comment because he was a cariature of his fantasized self. But his real self never was congruent with the image he portrayed. He was never successful. He used his body in stripping, prostitution and porno. He saw that as his best asset and feared losing so much that he had multiple plastic surgeries. He was vacuous inside like all truly malignant narcissists and/or psychopaths are. Unable to cultivate and maintain relationships due to his affective absence he had superficial intimacy through sex. His career in sex would only make his having intimate connection in his romantic life more difficult as a result of the damage self-esteem he likely felt in selling his body. Sex became increasingly attached to a loathsome aspect of himself and surely that would be something he'd battle with in his mind in situations with persons he began to date or grow fond of.

I can also see his obsession with his looks as a means
of justification for things in his mind. Possibly a chicken or egg
scenario where he believes his good looks
got him into prostitution when in fact good looks
are not a requirement to turn tricks. He may feel
that it was his looks that caused him to be
sexually abused and that men could not help
themselves because he was so "devastatingly good looking"
and to believe anything else would fracture
his belief system.

Even the idea of Manny feeds into an idea
that he is so desirable others can't help themselves

jeanne
06-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Sorry my spelling mistake. I meant Matty.

:) OK, well Matty has no connection in any way to Luka. Matty was the name of Jun Lin's friend here in Montreal who was quoted, talking about what a nice person Jun Lin was.

elepher50
06-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Hoping that Germany puts him on a plane to Canada today - maybe he will be sick the whole way back too.

RIP Jun Lin and a candle is lit in memory of your kind soul.

Dane
06-14-2012, 09:58 AM

By the time I manage to type one post that consists of about 2 sentences, there are 8327493287 posts that have posted in the meantime! And I am not a slow typer. Then again, I do tend to go back and delete large paragraphs after proof-reading. In any event, I am laughing at myself. Slow and steady loses on forums :blushing:

Hear hear! Welcome to the club :)

Mozzmo
06-14-2012, 10:02 AM
I don't have the links but do recall that LM has posts on the internet whereby he is seeking S&M treatment from another. In his posts he describes wanting to be raped, roughed up and even forced to eat feces. So when I read these messages about "Manny" or the rapes in Miami, I can't help but believe he was trying to come up with some alibi for the animal killings. Maybe he found guys through his posts and Craigslists postings who were into this sort of thing...only to afterwards try to create "evidence" and a paper trail that he's been raped or brutalized by some guy or this supposed "Manny". And why doesn't he have Manny's last name or a photo? Or even Manny's home address, email or phone? If there was a "Manny", LM could have easily got some DNA of this guy with all the rapes and fece eating he claims to have suffered...heck even saving a glass the guy drank from would leave DNA. This guy took photos constantly and was tech savvy. He could have easily gotten a photo as well. IMO his Manny claims are just BS and like the hospital, I don't by it.

LadyL
06-14-2012, 10:08 AM
my b.s. meter is also on alert because of the nice little intro to the lawyer's story - walking down the street in the frigid cold, pulling off a glove, switching the phone to his other ear - blah, blah, blah

wouldn't most people just say "he called me while I was walking to my office" or simply "he called me and later came into the office"

btw, he must've called him very early as he had enough time to meet him after the phonecall, then go out & turn some tricks & be back at the lawyer's office with $300 all before noon on the same day

oh, and this little gem:

It was quite a story. And it seemed to be based enough in fact to compel the longtime criminal defense attorney to believe the man on the phone was telling the truth.

now, how on earth would the lawyer know from a presumably short phonecall from a random stranger that the story seemed to be based in fact?

(or did he research Luka & the animal activists as soon as he got to the office? things that make me go hmm ...)

JayFriend
06-14-2012, 10:11 AM
ok so now these 15-16 year old students are circulating a petition to get their suspended ( with pay ) teacher back at the school claiming he did nothing wrong.

I don't know about any of you but my first thought when I read about this is where in the heck are the parents? Is the world gone mad?

http://www.globalnational.com/6442660231/story.html

The last report I saw on TV was that he was suspended without pay. But, students voting whether they want to see the video or not???? When was school a democracy? Maybe next they'll vote on whether they should do homework or not. Yeah, the teacher was clearly out of line.

italianWSfan
06-14-2012, 10:13 AM

Just a thought.

As you seem to know quite a bit about his stay in France, I would like to post the questions I posted yesterday one more time. If you or anyone else know some answers, please respond, because I hate those gaps in my timeline.

- LM stayed at a friends house for 2 nights in the Clichy-la-Garenne district in Paris. Which nights exactly? May 27th, 28th, or 29th?
- When exactly did he stay in the hotel, in which the police found his belongings?
- When exactly did he have that drink at Le Petit Batignolles? I found different dates in the media (May 30th or 31st or June 1st).
- On Friday night, June 1st, he took the bus to Berlin. What did he do on June 2nd and 3rd until he got arrested on June 4th? German news were stating he stayed with a friend (again!) who lived in the same street as the Internet cafe is. Anyone know more about this friend?

The fact that he stayed overnight with a friend in France and also in Germany is suspicious to me. I dont know about the French people, but Germans in general sure pay very close attention to strangers and would not just let some random stranger stay overnight, especially not if he is not from Germany. :moo:

And again about the "abuse photo" of LM... Is there someone in this forum who is very adept with the use of photoshop who could tell me some reasons why this picture cannot be real?
As I said before, I have never used photoshop, I just would like to know why it seems to be crystal clear for everyone here that the picture was edited.

21merc7
06-14-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm still not so sure about the lawyer story, but if true, the lawyer is most likely certain he can't be charged with any wrong doing before speaking up. In fact, he is not representing LM any longer (even if all he did was advise), is not his attorney, and did not incriminate LM in any way. It all just sounded so bungled to me.

It would seem to me that any lawyer would advise LM to get proof about the kidnapping and abuse, then file charges for kidnapping and several forms of assault. In addition, the lawyer would advise to print any perceived threats from kitten group, and to take out charges about internet threats and restraining order or cease and desist, some sort of charges, to stop any threats of harm.

If LM did talk with this lawyer, and those emails are real and not made up by some magazine or weirdos, then this lawyer did not seem very bright in not stating he advised LM how to protect himself or not further incriminate himself. We all know if it happened, all that LM said is bunk to cover his gigantic trail of evidence. The lawyer would have no way of knowing that, unless he was getting paid big bucks to research his own client for a very publicized trial. Then the lawyer would figure out a good bit of the bunk. No lawyer has time to chase down all the internet activity that LM left behind just out of curiosity.

Justme84
06-14-2012, 10:24 AM
The last report I saw on TV was that he was suspended without pay. But, students voting whether they want to see the video or not???? When was school a democracy? Maybe next they'll vote on whether they should do homework or not. Yeah, the teacher was clearly out of line.

Voting is pointless anyway since NO ONE except police
should be watching that video let alone teens who are still developing
what gets them going sexually.

Of course the vote was unanimous no one
Wanted to be the one considered too chicken
To watch.

Dane
06-14-2012, 10:30 AM
I don't have the links but do recall that LM has posts on the internet whereby he is seeking S&M treatment from another. In his posts he describes wanting to be raped, roughed up and even forced to eat feces. So when I read these messages about "Manny" or the rapes in Miami, I can't help but believe he was trying to come up with some alibi for the animal killings. Maybe he found guys through his posts and Craigslists postings who were into this sort of thing...only to afterwards try to create "evidence" and a paper trail that he's been raped or brutalized by some guy or this supposed "Manny". And why doesn't he have Manny's last name or a photo? Or even Manny's home address, email or phone? If there was a "Manny", LM could have easily got some DNA of this guy with all the rapes and fece eating he claims to have suffered...heck even saving a glass the guy drank from would leave DNA. This guy took photos constantly and was tech savvy. He could have easily gotten a photo as well. IMO his Manny claims are just BS and like the hospital, I don't by it.

I completely agree. "Manny" and everything entailed is pure fabrication, IMO. To get off the hook, to cover his tracks, to divert attention, to confuse, to create sympathy.
Of course, IMO only.

claudicici
06-14-2012, 10:32 AM
The fact that he stayed overnight with a friend in France and also in Germany is suspicious to me. I dont know about the French people, but Germans in general sure pay very close attention to strangers and would not just let some random stranger stay overnight, especially not if he is not from Germany. :moo:

.....that does not seem strange to me at all...Berlin is an extremely liberal place and there are so many alternative lifestyles,I'm from Frankfurt and even I know lots of people who would let strangers spend the night :blushing:...

Dane
06-14-2012, 10:42 AM
As you seem to know quite a bit about his stay in France, I would like to post the questions I posted yesterday one more time. If you or anyone else know some answers, please respond, because I hate those gaps in my timeline.

- LM stayed at a friends house for 2 nights in the Clichy-la-Garenne district in Paris. Which nights exactly? May 27th, 28th, or 29th?
- When exactly did he stay in the hotel, in which the police found his belongings?
- When exactly did he have that drink at Le Petit Batignolles? I found different dates in the media (May 30th or 31st or June 1st).
- On Friday night, June 1st, he took the bus to Berlin. What did he do on June 2nd and 3rd until he got arrested on June 4th? German news were stating he stayed with a friend (again!) who lived in the same street as the Internet cafe is. Anyone know more about this friend?

And again about the "abuse photo" of LM... Is there someone in this forum who is very adept with the use of photoshop who could tell me some reasons why this picture cannot be real?
As I said before, I have never used photoshop, I just would like to know why it seems to be crystal clear for everyone here that the picture was edited.

Re. the "abuse" photo: Give me a bit of makeup (olive, green, brown, black, dark red), a dab of vaseline or two, a lip pencil, a makeup sponge, greasy wig, harsh lighting, a few touch-ups in Photoshop, and I could easily and convincingly look the same, or even much worse. I would bet LM had a plethora of makeup available. Plus abusive, high-paying johns if he needed some swelling in select spots. He seems to have no swelling anywhere, though. Inconveniently so.

I am not buying it. At all.
IMO, of course!

italianWSfan
06-14-2012, 10:45 AM
.....that does not seem strange to me at all...Berlin is an extremely liberal place and there are so many alternative lifestyles,I'm from Frankfurt and even I know lots of people who would let strangers spend the night :blushing:...

Thanks! Well, I apologise then. I was generalising to much, based on my experience "mit den Deutschen". :)
I was referring to Germans in general, but of course, you will find responsible and irresponsible people in every nation.

BTW my sister has been living in Frankfurt for more than 20 years now (if you are talking about Frankfurt am Main). Nice city!

Chorley8
06-14-2012, 10:58 AM
1. The report about Manny, much of it sounds very childish, almost literally like a child speaking "he made me do things". He is probably an amalgam of many people though no doubt he had adult relationships where he was abused what prostitute hasn't? There is an interesting spectral quality to Manny though and those suggesting mental illness involving hallucinations (psychosis) might have some evidence with Manny.
2. I firmly believe he has a network and was met in Europe. Yes the missing days need to be accounted for. I suspect he was followed by the police from Paris and the cafe story isn't accurate. The cafe story fits what we were told to expect from him. In fact his whole trajectory in the last ten years needs to be filled in pretty carefully unless police decide that this really was his only crime which I doubt.
3. I would like to know where he was living in the fall of 2009 say from August to December does anyone know?

claudicici
06-14-2012, 11:03 AM
I think all of Luka's blogs,postings etc sound extremely childish,I have no doubt he made up the Manny report.I'm also sure there was some sort of abuse in his life but I 'm positive "Manny" is fabricated.He's like Casey's zanny....
The picture looks real to me but like another poster said it could have happened anywhere and by anyone....

jeanne
06-14-2012, 12:07 PM
I think all of Luka's blogs,postings etc sound extremely childish,I have no doubt he made up the Manny report.I'm also sure there was some sort of abuse in his life but I 'm positive "Manny" is fabricated.He's like Casey's zanny....
The picture looks real to me but like another poster said it could have happened anywhere and by anyone....

The picture looks real to me as well, although no doubt he doctored it up to be even more dramatic. What drew my attention was the mark on his neck that does look like a welt.

jellybeanz
06-14-2012, 12:22 PM
respectfully snipped

3. I would like to know where he was living in the fall of 2009 say from August to December does anyone know?

From memory, LRM was posting on blogs etc that he was in LA, but was caught out with the animal rights people who 'exif'ed a pic he uploaded - he was in Toronto.

(I've been reading the Mariam thread - she was seen with a young man in his 20s, both speaking russian, LRM lived very close to Forest Hills, backpack dumped heading east - which is the way to LRM's area)
I can't help thinking :moo:

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 12:30 PM

free consultation does not retain the lawyer ... the $300 was to actually hire the lawyer ... LM instructed the lawyer to contact his mother if he was arrested. Seems Luka could feel the walls closing in and wanted to retain legal help.

to the other poster who thought it was unlikely LM could have contacted the lawyer, met him, went out and turned a few tricks and returned to give him the money at noon? ... this is all possible in a city like Manhattan.

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 12:38 PM
From memory, LRM was posting on blogs etc that he was in LA, but was caught out with the animal rights people who 'exif'ed a pic he uploaded - he was in Toronto.

(I've been reading the Mariam thread - she was seen with a young man in his 20s, both speaking russian, LRM lived very close to Forest Hills, backpack dumped heading east - which is the way to LRM's area)
I can't help thinking :moo:

I live in Toronto and am very familiar with the Mariam missing person case you mention ... Mariam committed suicide by leaping from a bridge ... she was found in an area that is wooded and would not of been easy to access during the search for her. Sadly her body had been there for 2 years before it was found.

Her father is in prison for 2 separate stabbing incidents that he was convicted of during the time his daughter was missing.

FWIW ... I never read any of the Mariam thread as this case is closed and her sad demise has been explained IMO

jellybeanz
06-14-2012, 12:50 PM
I live in Toronto and am very familiar with the Mariam missing person case you mention ... Mariam committed suicide by leaping from a bridge ... she was found in an area that is wooded and would not of been easy to access during the search for her. Sadly her body had been there for 2 years before it was found.

Her father is in prison for 2 separate stabbing incidents that he was convicted of during the time his daughter was missing.

FWIW ... I never read any of the Mariam thread as this case is closed and her sad demise has been explained IMOI haven't finished the thread, only up to the end of October 09 so far.

:( So sad.

Mbshafeena
06-14-2012, 01:03 PM

The police will have the information as to when LM bought his ticket for Paris. If he bought his ticket before the murder, well that just about confirms that he knew exactly what the heck he was doing and it was NOT impulse. If he purchased that ticket before May 23rd, yeppers, done like toast I say :-)

Catherina
06-14-2012, 01:16 PM
The picture looks real to me as well, although no doubt he doctored it up to be even more dramatic. What drew my attention was the mark on his neck that does look like a welt.

The lawyer stated he saw Luka's face in person when Luka was sitting in his office.

I'm going with real.

Full disclosure, I was so alarmed when I found the emails on SCRIBD, hours before the article was even published, that I phone Mr Salta to ask if he knew those emails had been posted on a journalist's SCRIBD account. I thought an employee had breached trust and posted them. Mr Salta asked me where I'd seen them, and when I told him, he replied they were for a Business Insider article. He was surprised I'd found them so rapidly but I explained I was researching for an article and was doing detailed searches every few hours.

He explained that he that he released them to present another side of Luka and when I brought up attorney/client privilege, he said Luka never retained his services after the initial consultation.

It still seems wrong to me but I'm sure, as a lawyer, that Mr Salta dotted all his i's and crossed his t's.

I don't think Luka made Manny up. Luka opened himself up to that kind of horrific abuse by advertising, many times, and on the sleaziest websites, that he was into all of that. Maybe it went too far even for him?

Additionally, there's allegedly another set of hands in the Python video and they're not Magnotta's whose hands were effeminate and cared for. I saw a photo-still where there were clearly 3 hands but I don't have the stomach to look at that video even after a decade of documenting war atrocities.

The vacuum cleaner video was horrific. The murder video was traumatic. I refuse to watch the drowning and the python video.

I think there are a lot of unanswered questions like how did a 65 kg young man, who was squeamish at the sight of a little blood in a hickey, methodically and savagely dismember a larger man, drag him to the bathtub, drain/wash him off, and get him back on the bed all while filming it?

I think that photo is real too.

Mbshafeena
06-14-2012, 01:25 PM
If LM was truly afraid of this supposed "Manny" there are others out there who would know who "Manny" is. Why would he not have given this lawyer full name to this individual? Nope, sorry, don't buy any of his story. Was he beat-up. Probably in a bar brawl or a rough client or he tried to perhaps steal something which apparently he had done in the past. He also said in the list that he was being abused physically while talking to his mother on the phone and yet we have been told that he has not contacted the family for many years. So who is lying here?

9InchNails
06-14-2012, 01:32 PM

Hello,

here's what I've read:

-LM arrived in Paris on the 27th (sunday), he alledgedly knocked at a woman's door on this same evening because he wanted to join a party at her place (looking for a place where he could grab some sleep and/or something to eat for free?)
-he spent two nights with a guy in Clichy-la-Garenne at the beginning of the following week (monday and tuesday I guess)
-he was in the Batignolles area on wednesday and was seen at Le Petit Batignolles that night. He spent at least one night (wednesday night) in a nearby hotel (Hotel des Batignolles)
-he also spent at least one night in a hotel in Bagnolet (east of Paris). The article linked below reads friday night but he left for Germany that night so I guess it was thursday night.

Link (in french): http://www.europe1.fr/France/Ce-que-l-on-sait-sur-le-depeceur-1112081/

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 02:10 PM
I must admit ... this case seems to be looking like a train wreck heading down the track ... today on CNN

http://ireport.cnn.com/blogs/ireport-blog/2012/06/13/did-dismemberment-suspect-appear-on-ireport?hpt=hp_t2

No_Stone_Unturned
06-14-2012, 02:22 PM
I must admit ... this case seems to be looking like a train wreck heading down the track ... today on CNN

http://ireport.cnn.com/blogs/ireport-blog/2012/06/13/did-dismemberment-suspect-appear-on-ireport?hpt=hp_t2

Yeah but......CNN (lately) tends to have good moments and bad moments. I think CNN wants to sensationalise this case. And, knowing CNN......they'll exploit it as much as they can do.

Thank God Canadian law will put a gag order on this case. CNN isn't used to Canadian reporting/non-reporting. (Just my humble opinion).

prima.facie
06-14-2012, 02:26 PM

it is truly bizarre and i will repeat like i did on various threads...
this will not be an easy case, IMO....

in regards to that article....CNN needs to play some serious catch up....THAT photo is photoshopped and is OLD OLD OLD NEWS....in fact, in their article they state they havent verified anything....original photo HERE http://kimpy.co.uk/Cars.htm which was found by the justice FB group back in January.....

It's important to note that we haven't verified any details about the image

really CNN? YOU SUCK....must get report out before actually doing any research. classic.

DD_bwest
06-14-2012, 02:29 PM

cnn is such crap.. and how can they even call that news.. its just another rant with a photoshopped image and a bs story

meanwhile we have a NYC attorney claiming emails and communications, which either has him as a completly lunatic, a pathalogical liar that will go to GREAT lengths to concoct a story.

if there really was a "manny" why wouldnt he include a photo of him

edit: pfft i should give myself a smack.. thats not even real cnn, its an ireport about an ireport.. if i wanted to i could go create an ireport account and make one.. LM has has hundreds of accounts off the web, i could be writing reports for the rest of the year

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 02:33 PM
it is truly bizarre and i will repeat like i did on various threads...
this will not be an easy case, IMO....

in regards to that article....CNN needs to play some serious catch up....THAT photo is photoshopped and is OLD OLD OLD NEWS....in fact, in their article they state they havent verified anything....original photo HERE http://kimpy.co.uk/Cars.htm

really CNN? YOU SUCK....must get report out before actually doing any research. classic.

I agree CNN looks desperate to include this on the front page. I also think this case will not be easy ... IMO we have only seen the tip of the iceberg

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 02:34 PM
A MUST-READ Canadian publication for anyone who wants to understand role of both judges and reporters, when publication bans are required and when a judge may be asked to use their discretion in issuing one, contempt of court when the media appears to try to usurp the role of the courts or influence the course of justice, etc.

"The Canadian Justice System and The Media", published by the Canadian Judicial Council:

http://www.cjc-ccm.gc.ca/cmslib/general/news_pub_other_cjsm_en.pdf

matou
06-14-2012, 02:39 PM

I noticed the welt on his neck too and was going to comment. It looks like a ligature mark to me.

Karmady
06-14-2012, 02:41 PM
The lawyer stated he saw Luka's face in person when Luka was sitting in his office.

I'm going with real.

Full disclosure, I was so alarmed when I found the emails on SCRIBD, hours before the article was even published, that I phone Mr Salta to ask if he knew those emails had been posted on a journalist's SCRIBD account. I thought an employee had breached trust and posted them. Mr Salta asked me where I'd seen them, and when I told him, he replied they were for a Business Insider article. He was surprised I'd found them so rapidly but I explained I was researching for an article and was doing detailed searches every few hours.

He explained that he that he released them to present another side of Luka and when I brought up attorney/client privilege, he said Luka never retained his services after the initial consultation.
It still seems wrong to me but I'm sure, as a lawyer, that Mr Salta dotted all his i's and crossed his t's.

I don't think Luka made Manny up. Luka opened himself up to that kind of horrific abuse by advertising, many times, and on the sleaziest websites, that he was into all of that. Maybe it went too far even for him?

Additionally, there's allegedly another set of hands in the Python video and they're not Magnotta's whose hands were effeminate and cared for. I saw a photo-still where there were clearly 3 hands but I don't have the stomach to look at that video even after a decade of documenting war atrocities.

The vacuum cleaner video was horrific. The murder video was traumatic. I refuse to watch the drowning and the python video.

I think there are a lot of unanswered questions like how did a 65 kg young man, who was squeamish at the sight of a little blood in a hickey, methodically and savagely dismember a larger man, drag him to the bathtub, drain/wash him off, and get him back on the bed all while filming it?

I think that photo is real too.

bbm~

If that's his rationale, I believe he is dead wrong. jmo

Streets
06-14-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm at the point where I just want to hear what LM has to say. Considering that he is able to mingle fact and fiction so well, it will be interesting to see how his stories either come together, or fall apart during the prosecution's examination during trial. It's a shame we can't watch it on tv so hopefully every day there will at least be some updates on how things progress. As it stands now, I'm 99% sure he did it, but there's that 1% of me that wants to dive down the rabbit hole and see if any of these side stories/theories come to fruition.. ie: accomplices, Manny, mafia, deep web/darknet, payments, Johns, other murders.. basically anything that has been brought up that we can't confirm. I'm addicted to this case and I don't know why, but I just HAVE to see it all play out, minute by minute. The weirdness never seems to end!

Jujercu
06-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Has anyone on WS expressed the fact they are planning on attempting to sit in on the trial? I am in Baltimore MD... but if it was in my town, I totally would...even though it will be a madhouse..it would be worth it especially if it is closed to media.

what I am asking is..is anyone planning on taking one for the team?? :please:

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 03:05 PM
bbm~

If that's his rationale, I believe he is dead wrong. jmo

I am sure this lawyer knows what he is doing ... this is not similar to the Bernardo case where his lawyer went into the crime scene after police were done with their search and retrieved rape and torture videos.

Videos the lawyer copied and kept secret for over a year.

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/articles/macleans/opp-charge-former-bernardo-lawyers

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm at the point where I just want to hear what LM has to say. Considering that he is able to mingle fact and fiction so well, it will be interesting to see how his stories either come together, or fall apart during the prosecution's examination during trial. It's a shame we can't watch it on tv so hopefully every day there will at least be some updates on how things progress. As it stands now, I'm 99% sure he did it, but there's that 1% of me that wants to dive down the rabbit hole and see if any of these side stories/theories come to fruition.. ie: accomplices, Manny, mafia, deep web/darknet, payments, Johns, other murders.. basically anything that has been brought up that we can't confirm. I'm addicted to this case and I don't know why, but I just HAVE to see it all play out, minute by minute. The weirdness never seems to end!

What makes you think he will take the stand and answer questions by the prosecution? No way would a good defense attorney advise him to take the stand. He may want to because of his claim to fame but it would be a huge mistake. IMO

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Has anyone on WS expressed the fact they are planning on attempting to sit in on the trial? I am in Baltimore MD... but if it was in my town, I totally would...even though it will be a madhouse..it would be worth it especially if it is closed to media.

what I am asking is..is anyone planning on taking one for the team?? :please:

I work full time but depending on when the trial will take place, I may attend a few days. It all depends on time of year. Fall and winter are very busy months for me. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend everyday.

DD_bwest
06-14-2012, 03:11 PM
What makes you think he will take the stand and answer questions by the prosecution? No way would a good defense attorney advise him to take the stand. He may want to because of his claim to fame but it would be a huge mistake. IMO

no one would advise him to, but he seems like the type that jsut does what he wants. if luka wants to take the stand, he will...

novaspy
06-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Pearltree account (http://www.pearltrees.com/#/N-fa=3905607&N-f=1_3989595&N-s=1_3989595&N-p=31724199&N-u=1_465394&N-play=0) where he posts on BDSM forums, white supremacy and dating forums, etc. Some links have expired or are no longer working.

21merc7
06-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Lol at all the CNN rants. Guess they will have it figured out soon enough since most media news outlets read around here and other boards. :floorlaugh:

Jujercu
06-14-2012, 03:18 PM
I work full time but depending on when the trial will take place, I may attend a few days. It all depends on time of year. Fall and winter are very busy months for me. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend everyday.

Yay! I was hoping you would say that. I know you are local and you would be an ideal person as I respect your postings very much. Fingers crossed. :)

fittzi
06-14-2012, 03:41 PM
For your consideration -

RE: Casablanca poster
The apartment was rented to LM furnished, so it's possible it was there when he moved in and has no particular significance

RE: Romeo Salta
Might LM have chosen him specifically because of his wife's ties to animal rights groups, thinking this guy would go home to her and say "Guess what I found out about this guy? It's not his fault!"

RE: Manny
Most prostitutes and johns DO NOT use their actual names. If Manny does exist, it's highly likely that his given name is something other than Manny and it would be extremely unlikely for LM to have been provided with a surname, real or otherwise.

bev_04
06-14-2012, 03:43 PM
http://www.montrealgazette.com/touch/Suspicious+parcel+sent+Khadir+home/6782735/story.html?rel=813072

Just saw this...

Not new here, just don't post often! But hello everyone!

novaspy
06-14-2012, 03:44 PM
http://stuffsforall.com/2012/06/the-brutality-of-a-male-escort/

The way this article was written is really strange to me. It's almost as if Luka had written it, however it appears to have been posted June 7th, after he was arrested.

"Luka started off as a stripper in a local club at Canada. Later he got offer to be an escort as he was highly appealing for people. Angel is his Escort Name FYI (if anybody interested (wink wink)). It is even said that whenever he ran naked on stage, people went crazy after him."

"He is the guy behind the Body Part murder. He committed Homicide on 20th May. He allegedly murdered a Chinese guy whom he dated and even ate his body parts. The victim is a 33 year old man named Jun Lin from China. He further mailed the body parts to two top political parties of Canada & fled to Europe. (WTF is that actually suppose to mean???). "

fittzi
06-14-2012, 03:49 PM

The way this article was written is really strange to me. It's almost as if Luka had written it, however it appears to have been posted June 7th, after he was arrested.

"Luka started off as a stripper in a local club at Canada. Later he got offer to be an escort as he was highly appealing for people. Angel is his Escort Name FYI (if anybody interested (wink wink)). It is even said that whenever he ran naked on stage, people went crazy after him."

"He is the guy behind the Body Part murder. He committed Homicide on 20th May. He allegedly murdered a Chinese guy whom he dated and even ate his body parts. The victim is a 33 year old man named Jun Lin from China. He further mailed the body parts to two top political parties of Canada & fled to Europe. (WTF is that actually suppose to mean???). "

IMO, this just looks to be written by someone whose first language isn't English.

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 03:50 PM
http://www.montrealgazette.com/touch/Suspicious+parcel+sent+Khadir+home/6782735/story.html?rel=813072

Just saw this...

I don't think it has to do with this case. Khadir's daughter was one of the student's arrested in the protest and he was under fire for a distasteful poster.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Khadir+under+fire+distasteful+poster/6771563/story.html

No further comment by me about this ummmm person.

DD_bwest
06-14-2012, 03:53 PM

no i think thats just some guy who either used a translator, or doesnt know English very well

fittzi
06-14-2012, 03:54 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/luka-magnotta-s-transgendered-ex-gets-new-rights-ontario-human-rights-code

What a shameless attempt to bump her so-called story up in the ratings. Disgusting!

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 03:54 PM

just bad reporting ... if they can't report the actual murder date correct ... they are in the wrong business.

italianWSfan
06-14-2012, 03:59 PM

Just saw this...

There was powder in the envelope. So it shouldnt be connected.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/06/14/suspicious-package-at-khadie-residence.html

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 04:00 PM

"He is the guy behind the Body Part murder. He committed Homicide on 20th May. He allegedly murdered a Chinese guy whom he dated and even ate his body parts. The victim is a 33 year old man named Jun Lin from China. He further mailed the body parts to two top political parties of Canada & fled to Europe. (WTF is that actually suppose to mean???). "Obviously it wasn't written by Luka (he was behind bars, the date of kill is wrong, and Canadians almost never use the term "homicide" in place of "murder", and to my knowledge Luka was never a stripper), so I'm not sure what the point is of your bringing this stuff here.

Not criticizing, just asking.

dallydilly
06-14-2012, 04:03 PM
According to Scotland Yard it was uploaded from somewhere in North American and that's why they said they had no jurisdiction.

I thought that was regarding the email he sent Alex West (Sun) ?

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 04:04 PM
I thought that was regarding the email he sent Alex West (Sun) ?No, Scotland Yard said the email came from the Netherlands and the video was uploaded in North America.

"It said that it informed Scotland Yard about the cat videos and the email, and handed over a dossier of evidence. Police said last night that they had launched an investigation but dropped it when it emerged the email had been sent from a computer based in the Netherlands and the videos posted online in North America.

A spokesman said: "We did not liaise with the authorities abroad. It had not been possible to glean information regarding any specific locations within North America or the Netherlands and as such there was no specific local force to pass any intelligence to."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/canada/9304648/Porn-actor-wanted-in-body-parts-case-lived-in-London.html

jeanne
06-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Yay! I was hoping you would say that. I know you are local and you would be an ideal person as I respect your postings very much. Fingers crossed. :)

I heard that there is the possibility of a closed courtroom with cameras inside for the press. However, if it is an open courtroom, I will make the effort to attend.

Karmady
06-14-2012, 04:12 PM
I am sure this lawyer knows what he is doing ... this is not similar to the Bernardo case where his lawyer went into the crime scene after police were done with their search and retrieved rape and torture videos.

Videos the lawyer copied and kept secret for over a year.

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/articles/macleans/opp-charge-former-bernardo-lawyers

Oh, I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing, too. I still believe that what he did is most likely a serious ethical violation. I believe he has taken a calculated risk and probably isn't worried much about the potential consequences to his license -- for whatever reason. But, in any case, I believe that what he said and produced is most likely true in terms of his relationship to lm. jmo

x_files
06-14-2012, 04:12 PM

I think he is allowed internet access in jail.
Anyone know the laws there?
It's very lax in USA.

Jujercu
06-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I heard that there is the possibility of a closed courtroom with cameras inside for the press. However, if it is an open courtroom, I will make the effort to attend.

Awesome!!

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 04:24 PM
It's very lax in USA.No, he does not have internet access in jail, nor will he once he's behind bars in Canada.

Dane
06-14-2012, 04:37 PM
So....
Completely in my own opinion, and possibly completely off the bat here....

But.
IMO. And I really. REALLY do believe in this:
LRM killed a man. Dismembered him, and posted body parts all over Canada. Videotaped it all, and uploaded it for the world to see. For fame. What wasn't videotaped, was caught on CCTV by FE. He then fled the scene of the crime. Was hunted down. Caught. Watching himself, and his progress online. Is now in prison in Berlin, Germany, awaiting extradition. Will stand trial for First Degree Murder and a number of extra charges.

So. I ask you all. With all these speculations. All these theories. All this information. All that has been posted online, and all we have seen.

How many of you doubt his guilt?

How many of you doubt that this individual has done THIS ONE ACT (which is what this whole case is about)??
Did Luka Rocca Magnotta kill, dismember and dispense in various ways, of Jun Lin? Or do you REALLY think there are others involved.... "Manny"... "Russian Mafia".... whatever????

Is it really that hard?

I am sorry. I have the utmost respect for this whole WS site. Since I watched the video, by chance, accident, lack of judgment, sleepiness and boredom... I have been obsessed with this case. Because I SAW it. I WATCHED the video. At the time, the story hadn't even broken yet. It was some forum debating whether some video was real or not. I thought myself to be the expert. So I clicked the link. And I have regretted that ever since.

I haven't regretted becoming a member in here, though.
I have enjoyed, basked in and been thrilled by many of your discoveries.
But.
I HAVE to my stand clear.

I believe Luka Rocco Magnotta is guilty. In killing, dismembering, and disposing of Jun Lin. I do.
I respect all the opinions on this forum,I really really do..... but if I were a juror. He would be in for life. If he was somewhere in the US, he'd be terminated. I have absolutely no doubt by now. He would be dead, by sentence, from the more than obvious burden of evidence.

I am aware that I am out on a limb here. But I really feel we need to cut through the sentiment of LRM as a victim. He is not. He is a killer. And he must be brought to justice.

ALL of this, of course, is my personal opinion.

x_files
06-14-2012, 04:37 PM
No, he does not have internet access in jail, nor will he once he's behind bars in Canada.

That's great news. I hope is never allowed back online he outwore and abused his welcome.
However, during the trial I believe his attorney may allow him use of a laptop (Casey Anthony) trial. Not sure it's legal but it's happened before.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 04:41 PM
That's great news. I hope is never allowed back online he outwore and abused his welcome.
However, during the trial I believe his attorney may allow him use of a laptop (Casey Anthony) trial. Not sure it's legal but it's happened before.You asked about internet access, which he will not have.

He will sit in a prisoner's box in the courtroom, not beside his lawyer as it's done in the U.S. or on T.V.

italianWSfan
06-14-2012, 04:42 PM
It's very lax in USA.

I tried really hard checking this in the last days. All I have found was this (in German).
http://www.strafrecht-ratgeber.de/strafrecht/hilfe/content_06.html

It doesnt mention internet access, but it says:
The number and time of visits is limited; the other rights (wearing their own clothes, own TV and the like) are also usually restricted for purely practical reasons. Further, incoming and outgoing letters are controlled by the judge.
Basically, visitors need a written representations of competent Haftrichters. In very many cases, the decision on visits and mail control (with the consent of the accused) transmitted the Prosecutor's Office.

So I assume internet access is impossible, especially in a serious case like this.

matou
06-14-2012, 04:45 PM
So....

But.
LRM killed a man. Dismembered him, and posted body parts all over Canada. Videotaped it all, and uploaded it for the world to see. For fame. What wasn't videotaped, was caught on CCTV by FE. He then fled the scene of the crime. Was hunted down. Caught. Watching himself, and his progress online. Is now in prison in Berlin, Germany, awaiting extradition. Will stand trial for First Degree Murder and a number of extra charges.

So. I ask you all. With all these speculations. All these theories. All this information. All that has been posted online, and all we have seen.

How many of you doubt that this individual has done THIS ONE ACT (which is what this whole case is about)??
Did Luka Rocca Magnotta kill, dismember and dispense in various ways, of Jun Lin? Or do you REALLY think there are others involved.... "Manny"... "Russian Mafia".... whatever????

Is it really that hard?

I am sorry. I have the utmost respect for this whole WS site. Since I watched the video, by chance, accident, lack of judgment, sleepiness and boredom... I have been obsessed with this case. Because I SAW it. I WATCHED the video. At the time, the story hadn't even broken yet. It was some forum debating whether some video was real or not. I thought myself to be the expert. So I clicked the link. And I have regretted that ever since.

But.

I believe Luka Rocco Magnotta is guilty. In killing, dismembering, and disposing of Jun Lin. I do.
I respect all the opinions on this forum,I really really do..... but if I were a juror. He would be in for life. If he was somewhere in the US, he'd be terminated. I have absolutely no doubt by now. He would be dead, by sentence, from the more than obvious burden of evidence.

I am aware that I am out on a limb here. But I really feel we need to cut through the sentiment of LRM as a victim. He is not. He is a killer. And he must be brought to justice.

I think he did everything. Even his injuries, if real, could have been done on himself by himself. His ex-girlfriend stated he used to hurt himself and hit his head in the shower and punch himself in the face. I think someone found a post authored via one of his aliases of him claiming to enjoy hurting himself, I think by biting his nails. He was obsessed with Karla Holmolka and this was just another way to emulate her, by claiming to be a victim of violence and forced to perform acts of perversion and cruelty in front of the camera by a much more evil person than himself. As you said, he was caught watching videos of himself and reading news stories about him when he was arrested. He is solely responsible for what happened to Jun Lin, I 100% believe that.

jeanne
06-14-2012, 04:46 PM
So....

But.

Is it really that hard?

But.

I'm guessing the majority of us here believe he is guilty as charged. What we have been doing isn't trying to decide on whether he did the crime, so much as tryng to figure out WHY, and were others involved even peripherally. For myself, if I can figure out why he went from a compulsive liar to a cold blooded murderer, then I make some sense out of this senseless murder.

Dane
06-14-2012, 04:50 PM
So....

But.

Is it really that hard?

But.

Apart from the thanks, which I much appreciate - am I really the only one here voicing LRM's total and utter guilt and responsibility in this case? I mean. oh well... I'll be silent now. But the evidence is. Is..... Overwhelming.

Am I really the only one to have this opinion?
:confused:

x_files
06-14-2012, 04:52 PM
You asked about internet access, which he will not have.

He will sit in a prisoner's box in the courtroom, not beside his lawyer as it's done in the U.S. or on T.V.

I am glad they take this more seriously than we do in the States. It's turned into a media circus here.

Dane
Thank you all. I hadn't seen all the replies... was busy typing. Thanks again :)

:) :) :)

Much appreciate your feedback. Thank you :)

DD_bwest
So....

But.

Is it really that hard?

But.

we arent really debating if it did it or not.. thats pretty clear.. we are trying to figure out motive, possibly mental disorder, or even accomplice.. many here want answers to why it all happend, what made him a killer..

fittzi
06-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Apart from the thanks, which I much appreciate - am I really the only one here voicing LRM's total and utter guilt and responsibility in this case? I mean. oh well... I'll be silent now. But the evidence is. Is..... Overwhelming.

Based on what we currently know, I believe he is singularly guilty of all of those things; however, I reserve the right to change my mind in light of other details that we haven't yet been made privy to.

jeanne
06-14-2012, 04:56 PM

nope.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 04:58 PM
I am glad they take this more seriously than we do in the States. It's turned into a media circus here.We take our right to a fair trial very seriously here.

Were you able to read through the document I posted a few pages back? It'll give you very clear insight into how the Canadian courts and the media ensure that happens.

The link again: http://www.cjc-ccm.gc.ca/cmslib/general/news_pub_other_cjsm_en.pdf

If the media here were allowed to be a circus, it would only benefit Luka in denying him a fair trial and could cause him to go free even if he's guilty. I'm sure you've already noticed a huge difference between the way Canadian media is reporting this versus non-Canadian media.

italianWSfan
06-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Yes, LM is responsible for Jun Lins death.
What I still want to know is:
Were they really in a relationship? Where is the poor victims head? Why political parties, why the schools? Why leaving so much evidence behind? Has the casablanca poster any significance? What is it with all this stuff posted all over the internet about LM? Did he sell the uncut version of the video? And if yes, to who? Why did he refer to himself as a serial killer, are there other victims?
And in my opinion only, I really hope that the police is looking very closely at those two "friends" LM stayed with in France and in Berlin.
And finally: Just like everyone else here, I want to know why he did it in the first place, from his own mouth.

novaspy
06-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Yes, LM is responsible for Jun Lins death.
What I still want to know is:
Were they really in a relationship? Where is the poor victims head? Why political parties, why the schools? Why leaving so much evidence behind? Has the casablanca poster any significance? What is it with all this stuff posted all over the internet about LM? Did he sell the uncut version of the video? And if yes, to who? Why did he refer to himself as a serial killer, are there other victims?
And in my opinion only, I really hope that the police is looking very closely at those two "friends" LM stayed with in France and in Berlin.
And finally: Just like everyone else here, I want to know why he did it in the first place, from his own mouth.

Regarding the Casablanca poster - I don't think it means much at all, except that Luka was known to have a liking for Humphrey Bogart. I remember in one photo I came across in one of his many photobuckets, he had photoshopped himself in black and white striped jail clothing, in a cell, and in the background was a photo of Humphrey Bogart. perhaps he had in his mind all of these years, that if he ever ended up in jail, he wanted it somehow to be related to that movie or character.

I found through web searches that both LRM and Jun Lin were registered on a site called "Real Jock" which is a gay dating site, within 1 month of each other in 2010. That's not to say that they met on the site, but I do think they knew each other prior to the killing.

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 05:40 PM

no ... you are not the only one who has him convicted already ... that is why they screen jurors.

I am always on the fence until I find out what evidence will be presented at trial. I do not know if he ... acted alone? if others were involved? ... was he framed?

IMO ... he is too much of a crying drama queen who likely does not have the physical strength to do this alone.

Dane
06-14-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm guessing the majority of us here believe he is guilty as charged. What we have been doing isn't trying to decide on whether he did the crime, so much as tryng to figure out WHY, and were others involved even peripherally. For myself, if I can figure out why he went from a compulsive liar to a cold blooded murderer, then I make some sense out of this senseless murder.

Dear Jeanne, with all due respect, and I really mean that....... I have gone beyond understanding why. To me, it is clear. He is - and has been for years, in development, a narcissistic, psychopathic human being, devoid of emotion, abused, neglected, lost. Much of it reinforced by his choice of "carreer"... prostitution isn't kind to anyone. For years he tried to make himself into SOMETHING. He failed. And utterly broke his ties to humanity. Kittens killed (what we know of)... and then Jun Lin. (still..... what we know of yet).

I am afraid he is lost. If I were a professional psychiatrist with him in my care.... I would think, a good 15-20 years of treatment. Just to see how things went. Then a tentative assessment. But as things are, from the start, I am afraid progress would be hard to recognize. LRM is a very, very sick individual. One I would not, as a professional, ever, release into the public. So... in my case.... it would be speculative only. Whether he would be freed or not. Since he wouldn't.

My opinion. I value yours.

prima.facie
06-14-2012, 05:45 PM

no, i believe he is guilty...whether or not that will be proven w/out a doubt or whatever Canada's standards are for a guilty verdict, is up to discussion....along w/ how he will be sentenced....

other than theorizing on his mental issues, i think theorizing on how his defense will be presented is a good discussion too....

prima.facie
06-14-2012, 05:50 PM
we arent really debating if it did it or not.. thats pretty clear.. we are trying to figure out motive, possibly mental disorder, or even accomplice.. many here want answers to why it all happend, what made him a killer..

i think some have a pretty clear understanding of why...well, i get it....as much as i can sitting here in the comfort of my home reading what is available online....

i believe he suffers from one or more mental illness' coupled with a troubled childhood....perfect mixture for a monster to be created. while many can move past abuse and seek help for mental issues and can live normally w/ therapy and/or meds.....others cant and become the LMs of this world.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 05:54 PM
no, i believe he is guilty...whether or not that will be proven w/out a doubt or whatever Canada's standards are for a guilty verdict, is up to discussion....along w/ how he will be sentenced....

other than theorizing on his mental issues, i think theorizing on how his defense will be presented is a good discussion too....

A guilty verdict is no different in Canada than it is in most civil societies: when a finding has been made that all essential elements of the offence have been met after the elements have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt in a trial.

The maximum determinate sentence is a life sentence with a 25 year parole ineligibility period (which is a mandatory sentence for first-degree murder).

novaspy
06-14-2012, 05:58 PM
IMO ... he is too much of a crying drama queen who likely does not have the physical strength to do this alone.

I don't agree... the video was sliced and edited. LE says they have a possible unedited version, and we have no idea what was on that. If LRM dismembered the majority of the body on the bed, he could easily have moved it in pieces. And crying drama queen... remember this is someone who previously made a multitude of videos of himself killing kittens with seemingly no emotion or remorse. If he EVER does cry it is most likely only for himself or his "versace" shirts, not another human being.

IMO (and I have only studied Psychology for four years so I'm no expert), he is a psychopath plain and simple. The false things he said about himself on websites, blogs, forums, he never actually believed to be true, but rather these were stories he concocted to gain attention in any way he could.

"Psychopaths lie for the sake of lying. They can convey the deepest heart-felt message without meaning a word of it. They can also tell the most outrageous stories simply in order to be at the center of attention and to get what they want.

The psychopath is obsessed with control even if they give the impression of being helpless. Their pretense to emotional sensitivity is really part of their control function: The higher the level of belief in the psychopath that can be induced in their victim through their dramas, the more "control" the psychopath believes they have. And in fact, this is true. They DO have control when others believe their lies."

http://tpw3homeowners.org/Psychopath.htm (http://tpw3homeowners.org/Psychopath.htm)

IMO, LRM has every single indicator of psychopathy... and I can only hope that the Canadian justice system doesn't fail once again on the basis of "insanity"

Mozzmo
06-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Of course LM is 100% guilty. Being on a jury you have to suspend judgement but not online. I seriously doubt he was in a "relationship" with Jun Lin. He may have known him a short while but his prostitution and porno work would not likely be something someone like Jun Lin would tolerate as reportedly Lin was hoping to find love...and coming from a conservative culture he would likely not be into open relationships with whores. Besides, LM is so messed up he really wouldn't function stable enough in a relationship to keep it going. I think he did the murder by himself. He did a lot by himself. He aged out of the sex industry and hadn't found the notariety he so craved. He probably was so angry at society for his own short comings, difficult past and inabilities to make it on his own. I think the lawyer and stories of others being involved are distractions. He may have found someone to beat him up, or had a rough trick who assaulted him, or hit his own self. I don't see it being significant to the video which shows the crime and the criminal. His finger prints will be all over that bloody apt he left. Had anyone else's foot or finger prints showed up we would likely all be aware. His trial will be a circus....he will finally have the attention he wants. He is an empty shell of a being whom likely feels "I won". Additionally, now Canada will pay for him to be in prison all his life, so he doesn't have to worry anymore about how to make it in the world.

Dane
06-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Of course LM is 100% guilty. Being on a jury you have to suspend judgement but not online. I seriously doubt he was in a "relationship" with Jun Lin. He may have known him a short while but his prostitution and porno work would not likely be something someone like Jun Lin would tolerate as reportedly Lin was hoping to find love...and coming from a conservative culture he would likely not be into open relationships with whores. Besides, LM is so messed up he really wouldn't function stable enough in a relationship to keep it going. I think he did the murder by himself. He did a lot by himself. He aged out of the sex industry and hadn't found the notariety he so craved. He probably was so angry at society for his own short comings, difficult past and inabilities to make it on his own. I think the lawyer and stories of others being involved are distractions. He may have found someone to beat him up, or had a rough trick who assaulted him, or hit his own self. I don't see it being significant to the video which shows the crime and the criminal. His finger prints will be all over that bloody apt he left. Had anyone else's foot or finger prints showed up we would likely all be aware. His trial will be a circus....he will finally have the attention he wants. He is an empty shell of a being whom likely feels "I won". Additionally, now Canada will pay for him to be in prison all his life, so he doesn't have to worry anymore about how to make it in the world.

Hear hear!:rocker:

udar55
06-14-2012, 06:04 PM

Amazing work there, Apple!

One thing though - the Payson, Arizona ticket to one Eric C. Newman has been proven on this site not to be him. A poster here found a photo of the offense (a speedcam was used) and it was not him.

Streets
06-14-2012, 06:07 PM
As far as internet access goes, if I were in LE, I would allow him to use the internet in private... and monitor every damn keystroke! Just think of all the evidence they could turn up. This guy has accounts all over the net... who knows if he has videos stored online in filesharing sites. Once he logs in to watch or check on them, then LE will have his account/password and more evidence. He might have an online journal, or private photos, or a blackbook of Johns, etc. Granted, I don't want this guy online... but give him some time to incriminate himself even more... then once they have what they need, take the internet away from him forever.

Dane
06-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Denmark bids you goodnight! :)
Thanks to those of you who have kindly agreed with me, and equal thanks to everyone else. Thankfully we are a diverse crowd, and an inspirational one at that.
I am somewhat emotional at this point about this case.. and I am sorry for bringing that to this sober forum. I will (for the first time since I watched that cursed video) go to bed at a normal hour here in Denmark. Yay. ;)
Thank you all again. This membership is cathartic to me.
*waves* :)
Dane

jeanne
06-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Dear Jeanne, with all due respect, and I really mean that....... I have gone beyond understanding why. To me, it is clear. He is - and has been for years, in development, a narcissistic, psychopathic human being, devoid of emotion, abused, neglected, lost. Much of it reinforced by his choice of "carreer"... prostitution isn't kind to anyone. For years he tried to make himself into SOMETHING. He failed. And utterly broke his ties to humanity. Kittens killed (what we know of)... and then Jun Lin. (still..... what we know of yet).

I am afraid he is lost. If I were a professional psychiatrist with him in my care.... I would think, a good 15-20 years of treatment. Just to see how things went. Then a tentative assessment. But as things are, from the start, I am afraid progress would be hard to recognize. LRM is a very, very sick individual. One I would not, as a professional, ever, release into the public. So... in my case.... it would be speculative only. Whether he would be freed or not. Since he wouldn't.

My opinion. I value yours.

I hear you, Dane, I really do. I think the thing that bothers me is that Luka was yet one more societal throw-away kid, one who clearly was at risk and yet one more who fell through the cracks. Our prisons are full of throw-aways. I come from a background that was similar, was adopted out, and then suffered other abuses that I don't care to go into here. Lets just say the saying, 'there, but for the grace of God, go I', rings in my ears when I encounter beings such as Luka. I was fortunate enough to get the help I needed early, he was not. And because our society values things like sports events like the F1 and olympic games far more than human life, kids like Luka are over-looked and young men like Jun Lin ultimately pay the price. LE had an opportunity to see that Luka got the help he needed back when he was arrested for fraud and they let him slip through their fingers, and I think if we were inclined to investigate that part of his life, we will find that an over-burdened and vastly under-funded social service agency never followed up.

jeanne
06-14-2012, 06:13 PM

Also, if true that Jun Lin posted a query on a gay dating site looking for a MM for a relationship (masculine man), that leaves out luka who was anything but a MM. He wasn't Jun Lin's type.

novaspy
06-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Here is a link to the photo that LRM photoshopped of himself in prison, you can see Humphrey Bogart (Casablanca) in the background.

Photo (http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm8/whatsgoingon8/SM111.jpg)

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Hi Kids!

I've been way too busy with work and life since Monday afternoon and am now playing some serious catch-up here.

If anyone can fill me in with a Cliffs Note version of what I've missed, you'd be my hero.

As Dame Edna says, "I'm Back! Back with a Vengeance!!!"

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 06:35 PM

BBM

I thought we were all in agreement that Magnotta was being framed by the manager he fired (you know the guy never named by Magnotta who loves to drop names as much as he loves his own Photoshopped reflection) and upon being fired the ex-manager decided to dedicate his life to ruining the life of sweet 'lil Magnotta and this master former manager (who only exists in the 'lil angel's imagination) framed him for a crime he didn't commit and did so right before his planned holiday to Paris and Berlin... Luka is the modern day Doctor Richard Kimble searching for his own version of the one armed man... Right?????

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Apologies if this has already been posted (like I said I'd taken a Magnotta-free holiday for a couple days) but what kind of sick F would do this?!?!?!?!?! Goodness, if I were LE I'd love to get a look at this twisted teacher's hard drive...

Teacher who showed alleged Magnotta murder video to Montreal class fired
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/14/teacher-who-showed-alleged-magnotta-murder-video-to-montreal-class-fired/

cindy79
06-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Hi everybody, I'm new there and joined your site to give an information I found out surfing the net.
I'm following the case of LM and searching in the web I found this page today

http://marie-laure-bessege-montreal-missing.blogspot.fr/

It's a blog post written by someone who calls himself/herself emily bordelais and talks about a possible link to LM and Marie Laure Bessenge, a 23 years old girl who went missing last april in Montreal. I don't know who would have posted this and if it's somehow important to find this young girl but I felt concerned. Most important it's the date. This post date June 8, four days after LM arrest.

Hope it can be useful.

Cindy

Mbshafeena
06-14-2012, 06:40 PM

I am in total agreement with your opinion on LM and what he has done. As I said before if and when we find out what date he purchased that ticket to Paris that will, for me, tell me if an insanity plea would work for him in this case. If purchased before the murder he will get murder in the first degree but this is just my personal opinion.

jeanne
06-14-2012, 06:41 PM
BBM

I thought we were all in agreement that Magnotta was being framed by the manager he fired (you know the guy never named by Magnotta who loves to drop names as much as he loves his own Photoshopped reflection) and upon being fired the ex-manager decided to dedicate his life to ruining the life of sweet 'lil Magnotta and this master former manager (who only exists in the 'lil angel's imagination) framed him for a crime he didn't commit and did so right before his planned holiday to Paris and Berlin... Luka is the modern day Doctor Richard Kimble searching for his own version of the one armed man... Right?????

Oh, you poor thing! You really are behind! Now we learn from a shyster lawyer from NYC that in fact the real culprit is a man named 'Manny' whobeat, raped, and forced Luka to eat feces, among other dasterdly deeds, is really the mastermind behind ALL the crimes. :D

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Ok, which one of you silly geese is the proud owner of the chair Magnotta's tush graced at the internet cafe when he was arrested?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/luka-magnotta-cannibal-killer-suspects-882641

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 06:42 PM
I hear you, Dane, I really do. I think the thing that bothers me is that Luka was yet one more societal throw-away kid, one who clearly was at risk and yet one more who fell through the cracks. Our prisons are full of throw-aways. I come from a background that was similar, was adopted out, and then suffered other abuses that I don't care to go into here. Lets just say the saying, 'there, but for the grace of God, go I', rings in my ears when I encounter beings such as Luka. I was fortunate enough to get the help I needed early, he was not. And because our society values things like sports events like the F1 and olympic games far more than human life, kids like Luka are over-looked and young men like Jun Lin ultimately pay the price. LE had an opportunity to see that Luka got the help he needed back when he was arrested for fraud and they let him slip through their fingers, and I think if we were inclined to investigate that part of his life, we will find that an over-burdened and vastly under-funded social service agency never followed up.I couldn't have said this better myself, Jeanne. :) Excellent post.

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Oh, you poor thing! You really are behind! Now we learn from a shyster lawyer from NYC that in fact the real culprit is a man named 'Manny' whobeat, raped, and forced Luka to eat feces, among other dasterdly deeds, is really the mastermind behind ALL the crimes. :D

Seriously?
There is something that you mentioned in there, an act Magnotta is documented doing but I've not shared or hinted at here that is spot-on accurate...

jeanne
06-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi everybody, I'm new there and joined your site to give an information I found out surfing the net.

It's a blog post written by someone who calls himself/herself emily bordelais and talks about a possible link to LM and Marie Laure Bessenge, a 23 years old girl who went missing last april in Montreal. I don't know who would have posted this and if it's somehow important to find this young girl but I felt concerned. Most important it's the date. This post date June 8, four days after LM arrest.

Hope it can be useful.

Cindy

Well, this sounds suspicious at best. As for Luka's Aunt, she was indeed forced to ingest pills until she over-dosed and died, but her boyfriend was convicted for that crime and is now serving time in Kingston Pen, if memory serves.

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 06:45 PM

for the sentence ... as Sealuzna has mentioned 25 years before a parole review.

as for defence ... only speculation I have is ... there is a 2nd perp that Luka pins the actual murder on and tries to cop a plea for indignity to a dead body.

I still feel strongly that there is someone behind the scene that is involved.

jeanne
06-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Seriously?
There is something that you mentioned in there, an act Magnotta is documented doing but I've not shared or hinted at here that is spot-on accurate...

If you are talking about the poop-eating, Hastings, that is well documented in his online ramblings.

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Montreal-ers, this one is for you awesome folks, Apologies if this has been shared but thought you all might want to attend:

A candlelight vigil will be held Thursday evening in memory of Lin Jun, the victim of a “devastating” dismemberment slaying his family says not only shook them but society as a whole.

The vigil is to be held at 9 p.m. at Dorchester Square, at Peel St. and René Lévesque Blvd. The site is a few blocks from Concordia University, where Lin studied computer science and engineering.

Thursday’s memorial is being organized by friends who announced it on a Facebook tribute page and Twitter.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Vigil+announced+slain+Chinese+student+family+talks +about/6774712/story.html#ixzz1xoJibQs4

Mbshafeena
06-14-2012, 06:47 PM

Hope it can be useful.

Cindy

Cindy that link makes no sense as they say in it if you see him contact police and it was posted June 8. LM was caught June 4.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Here is a link to the photo that LRM photoshopped of himself in prison, you can see Humphrey Bogart (Casablanca) in the background.

Photo (http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm8/whatsgoingon8/SM111.jpg)How do you know for sure it was LRM who created the photo?

Mbshafeena
06-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Starting to think LM's favorite movie should have been Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde.

novaspy
06-14-2012, 06:52 PM
A photo from that same photobucket account was posted by him somewhere... I can't remember now, but it's definitely his photobucket account.

HastingsChi
If you are talking about the poop-eating, Hastings, that is well documented in his online ramblings.

Well, I guess you were fortunate enough to come across the written documentation of this and did not have to view the multimedia documentation...

I've stated many times that one of the two things that scares me most about Magnotta is that in my research he has a 90% rate of stating something in writing and documenting said act via multimedia.

The other thing that scares me most about Magnotta is the fact that he has had no one in his life one might call a friend for the last 18 months. In my two day holiday from all things Magnotta I did have the opportunity to discuss this case with several friends and what we've established is that circa 18 months ago when everyone in Montreal understood his malarkey and did not want him in their lives, Magnotta's life became one solely lived on the Internet and he desperately tried to put lipstick on a pig to gain some traction and relevancy and some form of dialogue with others when he'd been shunned by the masses in real-life in Montreal. So sad, so true.

cindy79
Just another rumour from yet another person who has nothing better to do with their unproductive lives. Emily Bordelais is an aka for Karla Homolka.

It's quite interesting that all these out-there accusations are always from a new poster on their very first post.

If this is your welcome, than thank you! I don't know you and don't judge your life, so please do the same. I just found this link and shared, that's it.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 06:53 PM
A photo from that same photobucket account was posted by him somewhere... I can't remember now, but it's definitely his photobucket account.
Anyone can copy and paste anyone else's photos and do whatever they want with them.

Streets
06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Cindy that link makes no sense as they say in it if you see him contact police and it was posted June 8. LM was caught June 4.

Also, it is stated "Videos of him appeared on TOR and the woman in the video resembles Marie very much".

Are we to assume that there are videos of Luka on TOR... outside of the murder & kitten videos? I only know of those, and the plastic surgery interview.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 06:55 PM
If this is your welcome, than thank you! I don't know you and don't judge your life, so please do the same. I just found this link and shared, that's it.
I was clearly talking about the person whose post you linked to here. Sorry you misread it.

Catherina
Obviously it wasn't written by Luka (he was behind bars, the date of kill is wrong, and Canadians almost never use the term "homicide" in place of "murder", and to my knowledge Luka was never a stripper), so I'm not sure what the point is of your bringing this stuff here.

Not criticizing, just asking.

Agreed it was poorly written. He started out as a stripper when he was 18. From there he moved on to being an escort. At least that's what he stated in the Naked News interview where he used his alias "Jimmy", the one he did when he was very young and was wearing transparent black shirt and pants.

Transcript here: http://lybio.net/luka-rocco-magnotta-interview/people/
To find the video, just youtube magnotta interview and look for the one from Naked News.

sillybilly
I completely agree. "Manny" and everything entailed is pure fabrication, IMO. To get off the hook, to cover his tracks, to divert attention, to confuse, to create sympathy.
Of course, IMO only.

Jumping off Dane's post becuz i'm still catching up today:

In 2010 there was a famous case in Canada of Danny Lafortune who was held captive and horrifically tortured by his male roomie and business partner, Dustin Paxton.

WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTO AT LINK

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2010/05/15/dustin-lafortune.html

Just wondering if perhaps this was a trigger in LRM's mind to start setting up a claim for torture by contacting Salta in January 2011.

cindy79
06-14-2012, 06:56 PM

I know!!!! That's why I'm posting here, it sounded bizarre to me.

Streets
06-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Well, I guess you were fortunate enough to come across the written documentation of this and did not have to view the multimedia documentation...

I've stated many times that one of the two things that scares me most about Magnotta is that in my research he has a 90% rate of stating something in writing and documenting said act via multimedia.

The other thing that scares me most about Magnotta is the fact that he has had no one in his life one might call a friend for the last 18 months. In my two day holiday from all things Magnotta I did have the opportunity to discuss this case with several friends and what we've established is that circa 18 months ago when everyone in Montreal understood his malarkey and did not want him in their lives, Magnotta's life became one solely lived on the Internet and he desperately tried to put lipstick on a pig to gain some traction and relevancy and some form of dialogue with others when he'd been shunned by the masses in real-life in Montreal. So sad, so true.

I'm afraid to ask, but where do you find this multimedia documentation?

jeanne
06-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Agreed it was poorly written. He started out as a stripper when he was 18. From there he moved on to being an escort. At least that's what he stated in the Naked News interview where he used his alias "Jimmy", the one he did when he was very young and was wearing transparent black shirt and pants.

Transcript here: http://lybio.net/luka-rocco-magnotta-interview/people/
To find the video, just youtube magnotta interview and look for the one from Naked News.

Also, his transgendered girlfriend said she met him where he was stripping.

novaspy
06-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Anyone can copy and paste anyone else's photos and do whatever they want with them.

Link:
This is an old post from Model Mayhem where he's asking people what photos he should use for his portfolio

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=457858

Here if you right click the images, you will see it's the same photobucket account. Unless someone had his password they wouldn't have been able to upload anything to it.

This is from 2008:

http://www.mahalo.com/answers/what-stage-name-does-luka-magnotta-use-in-his-adult-film-career

And 2009 (See comment by ilovefootball2f)

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/archive/index.php/t-144498.html

cindy79
06-14-2012, 06:58 PM
I was clearly talking about the person whose post you linked to here. Sorry you misread it.

Sorry too, I'm not english spoken so it's hard to follow sometimes...

Apple OC
06-14-2012, 06:59 PM

Hastings ... here is the link to the NY Lawyer and his Luka emails

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm afraid to ask, but where do you find this multimedia documentation?

Unfortunately that information will only be shared with a WS moderator or if it is pertinent to LE. For the record I have shared pertinent documentation that I've alluded to but not linked to here with LE.

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Hastings ... here is the link to the NY Lawyer and his Luka emails

Thanks Apple OC.

So is the consensus that this information is just some vulture spreading bollocks or, as MC Hammer might say, the info is "Too Legit to Quit"?

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Link:
This is an old post from Model Mayhem where he's asking people what photos he should use for his portfolio

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=457858

Here if you right click the images, you will see it's the same photobucket account. Unless someone had his password they wouldn't have been able to upload anything to it.

This is from 2008:

http://www.mahalo.com/answers/what-stage-name-does-luka-magnotta-use-in-his-adult-film-career

And 2009 (See comment by ilovefootball2f)

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/archive/index.php/t-144498.htmlA ha! OK I see how you made the connection now, thank you. :)

sillybilly
06-14-2012, 07:07 PM

Hopefully we should at least get to hear LRM's interrogation tapes as we did in the Pickton and Rafferty trials.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Hopefully we should at least get to hear LRM's interrogation tapes as we did in the Pickton and Rafferty trials.and Russell Williams. Now that was a classic! :)

Of course, he could decide to not say anything at all ...

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Canadians, we in the States would be more than happy to give you that wretched Gloria Allred if you'd like her... Please take her from us, please?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Canadians, we in the States would be more than happy to give you that wretched Gloria Allred if you'd like her... Please take her from us, please?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S IIWe'll take her if you guarantee to never send us Nancy Grace.

Panic Room Santa - YouTube

sillybilly
06-14-2012, 07:14 PM
You asked about internet access, which he will not have.

In Rafferty's trial, iirc ... the defence asked permission for MTR to sit with his defence team and that for security reasons the judge ruled that he sit in the prisoner's box. So, it would seem it is at the judge's discretion.

novaspy
06-14-2012, 07:17 PM
I can't get this video to play, but the preview caption in Google looks a heck of a lot like the "new" videos Luka supposedly posted while he was in France/Berlin, saying "hi to all of my fans". However this is from 2008. Maybe LRM wasn't posting those videos while on the run?

http://www.supershare.net/en/video/72964-23271539ba.html (http://www.supershare.net/en/video/72964-23271539ba.html)

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 07:18 PM
In Rafferty's trial, iirc ... the defence asked permission for MTR to sit with his defence team and the for security reasons the judge ruled that he sit in the prisoner's box. So, it would seem it is at the judge's discretion.Yes, the judge can be asked to use his discretion for a lot of things. I've never heard of a judge granting a defendant in a first degree trial permission to sit beside his lawyer, but I'm sure you could find a case where he/she might have.

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 07:20 PM
We'll take her if you guarantee to never send us Nancy Grace.

Panic Room Santa - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqCcRN99COA)

You're a tough negotiator Sealuzna, but if you are willing to expand the number of Tim Hortons locations in the States, that's a deal.

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 07:21 PM
I can't get this video to play, but the preview caption in Google looks a heck of a lot like the "new" videos Luka supposedly posted while he was in France/Berlin, saying "hi to all of my fans". However this is from 2008. Maybe LRM wasn't posting those videos while on the run?

http://www.supershare.net/en/video/72964-23271539ba.html (http://www.supershare.net/en/video/72964-23271539ba.html)

Not sure links to those sites are kosher here. Moderator, thoughts?

sillybilly
06-14-2012, 07:22 PM

At this point, I believe LRM is guilty. At WS however, we rip things to shreds wih a view to uncovering whatever we can in relation to a case. IF, in that process there is something that lends itself to further prove his guilt or innocence, we try to uncover it. IF, in that process there is something we find that tends to provide proof of innocence, we'll talk about that too.

As much as many of us currently feel he is guilty, i'm pretty sure the majority of those same posters would gladly change that stance IF something that shows his innocence is presented. IMO, it ain't gonna happen, but we'll be here if it does ;)

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 07:23 PM
I was just going to reply to the post by Dane to express my opinion. The only treatment he will get is life in prison. He'll be lucky to get solitary confinement. If not, oh well. :moo:Our worst prisoners are offered counseling in prison all the time. Canada has one of the top programs in the world for that and I believe it's in Kingston.

ETA: there are three Regional Treatment Centres, one of which is in Kingston:

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/facilit/institutprofiles/regtreat-eng.shtml

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 07:26 PM
You're a tough negotiator Sealuzna, but if you are willing to expand the number of Tim Hortons locations in the States, that's a deal.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S IIDeal! I'll give you every last Tim Hortons outlet we have. I can't stand the stuff. Go Starbucks! :woohoo:

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 07:27 PM

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/14/teacher-who-showed-alleged-magnotta-murder-video-to-montreal-class-fired/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

writer7
06-14-2012, 07:30 PM

What a shameless attempt to bump her so-called story up in the ratings. Disgusting!

I didn't click, because that would bump her up in the ratings!

What's it about, anyone who has already read it? No new clicks, please, if it's a disgusting ratings ploy.

We are allowed to paraphrase and summarize things we've read. Just giving the link with no info about it just means we all have to click on it to know what you are talking about.

I forget the rules on examiner articles as MSM. Some are allowed and some aren't. I would PM a mod about it before posting to be sure.

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 07:30 PM

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/14/teacher-who-showed-alleged-magnotta-murder-video-to-montreal-class-fired/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

~n/t~ love your avatar, great tribute! Might you share it for those of us who might want to follow your admirable example?

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Our worst prisoners are offered counseling in prison all the time. Canada has one of the top programs in the world for that and I believe it's in Kingston.

ETA: there are three Regional Treatment Centres, one of which is in Kingston:

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/facilit/institutprofiles/regtreat-eng.shtml

There is no counselling that works for psychopaths. Waste of time and money.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 07:32 PM
[/B]

BBM

I can understand why the poster took offense. There has been a lot of similar statements made towards new posters, and I think it needs to stop.? The poster has already stated he/she misread my post (the first sentence).

The second sentence is simply stating I find it interesting how many people join here when they find stuff other posters haven't unearthed.

There's no need to make it out to be more than that.

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 07:34 PM
I didn't click, because that would bump her up in the ratings!

What's it about, anyone who has already read it? No new clicks, please, if it's a disgusting ratings ploy.

We are allowed to paraphrase and summarize things we've read. Just giving the link with no info about it just means we all have to click on it to know what you are talking about.

I forget the rules on examiner articles as MSM. Some are allowed and some aren't. I would PM a mod about it before posting to be sure.

Well said writer.

Re: Examiner and similar articles, while they do appear when one does a Google News search, many times these articles contain info that we've already debunked or full of unconfirmed titillating information to earn the author some cash based on the Examiner's pay per click model... Vultures in some cases but legit authors in others...

~n/t~
06-14-2012, 07:34 PM
~n/t~ love your avatar, great tribute! Might you share it for those of us who might want to follow your admirable example?

Sure I got it from the facebook page

Some nice videos of Jun Lin here. :(

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663270762#!/PatrickJunLin

Streets
06-14-2012, 07:35 PM
? The poster has already stated he/she misread my post (the first sentence).

The second sentence is simply stating I find it interesting how many people join here when they find stuff other posters haven't unearthed.

There's no need to make it out to be more than that.

It's not like someone spit on your Versace shirt!

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 07:35 PM
There is no counselling that works for psychopaths. Waste of time and money.I agree completely.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 07:37 PM
It's not like someone spit on your Versace shirt!
:floorlaugh: If I could afford a Versace shirt, I wouldn't be posting on a message board. ;)

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Sure I got it from the facebook page

Some nice videos of Jun Lin here. :(

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663270762#!/PatrickJunLin

You're the greatest

sillybilly
06-14-2012, 07:38 PM
We'll take her if you guarantee to never send us Nancy Grace.

Panic Room Santa - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqCcRN99COA)

C'mon ... i wanna see the twins ;)

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 07:41 PM
:floorlaugh: If I could afford a Versace shirt, I wouldn't be posting on a message board. ;)

The Saks (both men's and women's stores) twice yearly sale is a fabulous way to stock up on Versace, Prada, Gucci, etc at an affordable price. If you have a friend who is an employee, the discount becomes even more incredible.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 07:46 PM
The Saks (both men's and women's stores) twice yearly sale is a fabulous way to stock up on Versace, Prada, Gucci, etc at an affordable price. If you have a friend who is an employee, the discount becomes even more incredible.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S IILOL thanks for the Saks plug. I don't even know if we have a Saks outlet here in Canada.

Even if we did, I wouldn't shop there.

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 07:47 PM
C'mon ... i wanna see the twins ;)Aren't they, like, 20 now? LOL

HastingsChi
06-14-2012, 07:49 PM
LOL thanks for the Saks plug. I don't even know if we have a Saks outlet here in Canada.

Even if we did, I wouldn't shop there.

Not the outlet store silly goose, I'm talking the real Saks

sillybilly
06-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Whois shows the lawyer's website was created 1 month prior to LRM supposedly consulting him?

In business for 30 years w/o a web presence that happens coincidentally with what would ultimately become his biggest claim to fame.

All MOO

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Not the outlet store silly goose, I'm talking the real Saks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S IIOMG they ship to Canada and I just found the perfect dress!

It's over $3,000 :thud:

sillybilly
Aren't they, like, 20 now? LOL

No ... it only seems that loooooooooooooong :thud:

LadyL
So....

But.

Is it really that hard?

But.

ITA.

:goodpost:
:clap:

Sealuzna
06-14-2012, 08:06 PM
No ... it only seems that loooooooooooooong :thud:I hear ya!

matou
06-14-2012, 08:07 PM
[/b]

BBM

I can understand why the poster took offense. There has been a lot of similar statements made towards new posters, and I think it needs to stop.

I noticed that as well. And negative comments were being made to "new" posters by posters who only joined in June. :waitasec: