PDA

View Full Version : ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
06-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Story still developing, but these two events may be connected. A suspicious package that turned up at Conservative Party HQ in our nation's capital seems to have contained a human foot. On the same day a torso was found in a suitcase in Montreal in a garbage skip. Political wags are already homing in on the symbolism of the act, but something far more serious may in play here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread#8
Thread #9

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/body-found-garbage-c-te-des-neiges-184939144.html
Torso found in Montreal garbage pile
The major crimes unit of the Montreal police is investigating the discovery of a torso in a pile of garbage in the Côte-des-Neiges borough, west of Décarie Boulevard.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/human-foot-found-suspicious-package-conservative-party-headquarters-191024177.html
Human foot found in ‘suspicious package’ at Conservative Party headquarters
Authorities say they were called to the Tory offices at Albert Street at 11:20am.
"Upon arrival, officers noted that the ... package had blood stains on it," the Ottawa Police Service said in a release, according to the Globe and Mail.

WARNING: the video that is online depicting the murder is extremely graphic and we are not posting links to it here at websleuths.

TIMELINE/MEDIA/INFO THREAD

Please continue here...

Here are some PRELIMINARY guidelines. Staff continues to reivew and assess, so please be patient. This list will change as necessart to keep up with the case.

What is Allowed:

MSM - may quote only ~10% of article. Anything more is a copyright violation.

Photos - they MUST be linked and they may NOT be of innocent people - LM ONLY

Links to the Kitten Killer investigation site - do NOT copy and paste comments. Provide direction for other posters to find the comments and you can paraphrase or summarize and discuss.

LM's Facebook pages - They must be his. No sleuthing of friends/family or others that are found on these Facebook pages. Other LM social sites need to be approved by a Mod because of content/authenticity.

Links to the KHolmoka discussion board - do NOT copy and paste comments. Same rule as the kitten investigation site.

Jun Lin's social media sites - but again, you may NOT sleuth his friends or family.

NOT ALLOWED:

Links to sex sites

Photos of LM with unknown and/or innocent people (we know LM doctored many photos to make it look like he had friends - DO NOT post those).

Links to graphic youtube files.

Links to unapproved blogs - if you want to link to a blog - obtain moderater permission FIRST.

Donation sites - donation sites are not allowed without the express approval of WS's owners.

Petition sites - petition sites are not allowed without the express approval of WS's owners.

Canadian Legal System and the Media (informational document):http://www.cjc-ccm.gc.ca/cmslib/general/news_pub_other_cjsm_en.pdf

Salem
06-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Please continue here.

AND remember - this site is accessible to those under the age of majority. So be careful about what you post.

Salem

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 10:02 AM
It is always so interesting to me how everyone looks at a video and sees totally different things. In the up close video at the airport, I think he looks drugged. I didn't see the smirk. He looks like if they let go of him, he would fall over. He did this, I have no doubt. I have discovered a whole new world during this case. I had never even heard of the dark web and I wish I never had. It is sickening.

To me, this is a smirk.

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/magnotta2.jpg?w=620

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/19/the-photos-luka-rocco-magnotta-didnt-pose-for-alleged-ice-pick-killer-returns-in-shackles-before-facing-montreal-judge/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

deanna82437
06-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Interesting interview regarding the flight and his hearing today. LE said that commercial flights would not agree to LRM being on board their flights.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2247543092/

Magnotta's interrogation

Interview with Montreal police Cmdr. Ian Lafrenière on the detention of accused killer Luca Magnotta
CBC TV: The only TV App you need. Available on the App Store.

Salem
06-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Please continue here.

Salem

ETA: I moved a few posts over that had links to the most recent news.

jeanne
06-19-2012, 10:30 AM
here we go:

"Magnotta has record

Montreal police have said Magnotta wasn't known to them, but he has a criminal record in Ontario.

In 2005, he was convicted on three counts of fraud under $5,000 and one count of fraudulently impersonating a Toronto-area woman. He served 16 days in pretrial custody and was given a further nine-month conditional sentence and 12 months probation. With the sentence came several conditions — including one that required Magnotta to attend and comply with a "treatment program and/or counselling for mental health issues and life skills as directed and take all prescribed medication," CBC's John Nicol learned."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/05/30/luka-rocca-magnotta.html

Cappuccino
06-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I will be astonished if the courts decide that Magnotta is criminally insane. He attempted to hide the body, remove the unedited vid from his computer after uploading it, flee from LE and stayed on the run for a week. All that tells me that he is not legally insane, although he probably does have mental problems of some sort they don't stretch to the level of making him not responsible for his actions.

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 10:35 AM
7m Global Montreal ‏@Global_Montreal
#Magnotta > http://ow.ly/bG5nB > Due in #Montreal court today at 2 pm via video link.

Mbshafeena
06-19-2012, 10:37 AM
I highly recommend this be watched. Graphic content. ABC report. Please watch to the end and listen to the statement about the blank look, no remorse, etc. Sounds familiar to me.

The Mind of a Psychopath - YouTube

KDOGG
06-19-2012, 10:39 AM
OT: i've wondered this from the beginning, why do new threads get started after 60 or so pages? IMO it would be easier if we just had 1 long thread that we kept going. granted it would be 100s of pages but still. no offense....j/w

Mbshafeena
06-19-2012, 10:46 AM
here we go:

"Magnotta has record

Montreal police have said Magnotta wasn't known to them, but he has a criminal record in Ontario.

In 2005, he was convicted on three counts of fraud under $5,000 and one count of fraudulently impersonating a Toronto-area woman. He served 16 days in pretrial custody and was given a further nine-month conditional sentence and 12 months probation. With the sentence came several conditions — including one that required Magnotta to attend and comply with a "treatment program and/or counselling for mental health issues and life skills as directed and take all prescribed medication," CBC's John Nicol learned."

Thanks, unfortunately it does not state "insanity" or schizophrenia, etc. We all know he has issues but if it's bi-polar or something else, I don't think that something of that nature would warrant him not standing trial nor found "insane". If he would have been to that point at the time they would have asked for an assessment and would have legally put him in an institution for a period of time to get help.

I am trying to get the original court paper of this decision (via some contacts) so I can see exactly what was written by the judge. I will let you know if I am successful :-) in perhaps shedding more light on this. My cousin was a crimminal defence attorney here in Ottawa but many many years so I may give him a call just to see what he thinks about this case :-)

Bravo
06-19-2012, 10:47 AM
I will be astonished if the courts decide that Magnotta is criminally insane. He attempted to hide the body, remove the unedited vid from his computer after uploading it, flee from LE and stayed on the run for a week. All that tells me that he is not legally insane, althou :moo:gh he probably does have mental problems of some sort they don't stretch to the level of making him not responsible for his actions.

Totally agree. Insane in most peoples minds to commit such an act. Legally Insane No. The planning, mailings etc. will make an Insanity Plea a moot point :moo:

otto
06-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Did you see my earlier post about the subject of his intelligence? Check a couple pages back in the thread. Anyway, there have been some pretty brilliant dropouts who weren't the best at English. It happens. Intelligence isn't usually measured by accomplishment though people often think the two are mutually inclusive; our general use of the term "intelligence" conveys aptitude rather than long-term life performance. I agree with you that his lifelong choices have not been for the best. But then I've known people with high IQs who were math whizzes or computer nerds, who only had a high school education, came from a cycle of poverty and abuse, and couldn't spell worth a damn. Often spelling and grammar use reflect education and class (which are often linked) more than anything else. If we let class differences obscure the vision we won't be able to see his true nature. I'm not trying to praise or defend Eric. It just seemed best to stick with what seems likely so that we can draw accurate conclusions about his behavior.

Albert Einstein was a C student in grade school. Eric Newman is no Einstein. I can't imagine that anyone could be a "math whiz" without formal training, because an understanding of theoretical math doesn't just pop into someone's head ... the foundations and structures have to be learned and understood before new math can be conceived. An ordered, logical mind is a pre-requisite for being a math whiz. Anyone that understands the formal language and logic of mathematcis will also have an understanding of the rules of written and spoken language. That is, math whizzes, by definition, cannot be illiterate.

If we stick to what we know, in order to draw an accurate conclusion, we have a high school drop out that is, for all intents and purposes, illiterate. Illiterate high school dropouts cannot be math whizzes simply because they lack the formal training. An accurate conclusion would be that Eric Newman has done nothing to demonstrate intelligence iin any form. It is inaccurate to conclude that because a liar claimed that he had an IQ of 265, 165 and 135, he must be intelligent.

TrackerSam
06-19-2012, 10:52 AM
I will be astonished if the courts decide that Magnotta is criminally insane. He attempted to hide the body, remove the unedited vid from his computer after uploading it, flee from LE and stayed on the run for a week. All that tells me that he is not legally insane, although he probably does have mental problems of some sort they don't stretch to the level of making him not responsible for his actions.

It's Canada. He's liable to get 2 or 3 years on probation.

Bravo
06-19-2012, 10:53 AM
There was an article i wish i could find. Not sure where i read it. Family members described Luka as a time bomb. Troubled and delusions of grandeur. Sorry i don't have the link perhaps somebody else read that as well?

otto
06-19-2012, 10:56 AM

Quite true ... he made decisions and took actions that reflect rational thought. I'm of the opinion that he has unresolved emotional issues stemming from childhood. That doesn't make him insane or in need of medication. He needs emotional maturity.

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 10:57 AM
There was an article i wish i could find. Not sure where i read it. Family members described Luka as a time bomb. Troubled and delusions of grandeur. Sorry i don't have the link perhaps somebody else read that as well?

Yes, I read it also. IIRC, they also accused him of setting fire to their house which turned out to be untrue. Someone else was arrested for it.

jeanne
06-19-2012, 10:58 AM

Please, don't cut down my country's legal system. We have had our share of serious crimes, and Luka is more than likely going to be slapped with a dangerous offender label, which mean he will never be free again.

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 10:59 AM
It wasn't immediately clear if Magnotta would hire a lawyer or have one provided by legal aid.

Sources tell QMI Agency that a number of Crown lawyers are eager to prosecute the case, but that defence lawyers are less enthusiastic about taking on the file.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2012/06/20120619-104606.html

Cappuccino
06-19-2012, 11:00 AM

This post has got to be an attempt at humour, because if it isn't its ridiculous.

otto
06-19-2012, 11:00 AM

That was from an early article, prior to his capture. I think it was a neighbour that said he was a "time bomb". The description gave me the impression that Eric is sociopathic.

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
My goodness guys!
I posted this on last thread! Thank god it closed. My first sentence was suppossed to read : I do not like LM. Well lucky piere "not" was not in the sentance! I freaked ugh god!
Let me repeat I do not like LM!

Morning all!
First and foremost I do NOT like LM!

The notions surrounding his intelligence are interesting. I am with Scientific on this one! I think he is bright. This belief does not translate to my respecting him! The chronicity and depth of his ability to create all his alias, lies, stories, and tales most certainly indicate that he is NOT psychotic!

There is a difference between smart and bright (alter ego stuff, creativity in just being all over the internet as different entities , different jobs, different ages, names, vocations, each with different family histories etc. etc. .

Pause folks, --- what do screenwriters, novelists and playwrights do? The exact same thing! Create characters in depth. Create names, identities, looks, mannerisms etc. My notions surrounding him being bright are centered in the “creativity” demonstrated throughout his entire “created” existence.

Again folks – when I shared my notions regarding his IQ earlier some folks were angry. I am not saying his behaviors and or his life were positive. I am saying that bright/ creativity is most def. a component of intelligence. Solid intelligence.

The capacity to anticipate others needs, in order to manipulate effectively, are also indicative of intelligence. And from what we all have learned this guy’ face should be next to world “manipulate” in dictionaries everywhere. The capacity for that kind of deviance (think Bundy?) is correlated with intelligence. High intelligence!

And if we think about it, there most certainly (it is beguiling though!) nothing, “dumb”, in his planning, to assume, that the garbage folks WOULD HAVE picked up the suitcase. In fact, for some time I have wondered if that was fate of some sort. By this I mean it was not a really big error on his part. (LM’S) at all. Twist of fate?

His pathological narcissism (I am so smart) is what got him caught not stupidity – there is a difference! But wait; let’s even hold off right here! And roll with me here for a sec guys: What you all think: of this: He split thinking suitcase was gone. The notion that he went out for his first couple of nights over there (evidently with no effort at disguise) to me indicates that he was not really aware of how fast he was being tied to everything.
– I do not think he had a clue for the first 3-4 days that LE knew what he did (his apt/linked the video to him/learning all his internet proclivities etc.).

Then let’s move on a couple more days – he starts to see his face everywhere. Oh S*** so even at some level going to the café that day could be interpreted as heck, I better really find out what it going on, as opposed to him being stupid. In fact, considering the dynamics of what was unfolding, it is what a prudent individual, on the run would do – find out what the “enemy” (!) know and are doing! That is survival……………………….

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 11:02 AM
DiManno: Luka Rocco Magnotta will finally get his audience

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1213451--dimanno-luka-rocco-magnotta-will-finally-get-his-audience?bn=1

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Gallery: Luka Rocco Magnotta arrives in Canada

http://www.globalmontreal.com/photos/gallery+luka+rocco+magnotta+arrives+in+canada/6442664092/gallery.html?utm_source=facebook-twitter&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=community

The one in the van is so telling. He's so pleased with himself. :sick:

Bravo
06-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Yes, I read it also. IIRC, they also accused him of setting fire to their house which turned out to be untrue. Someone else was arrested for it.

Thanks wowsers i didn't read about the fire. Probably updated when you read it. Guessing the Family thought him most likely responsible for the fire?

Nana46
06-19-2012, 11:12 AM

http://www.globalmontreal.com/photos/gallery+luka+rocco+magnotta+arrives+in+canada/6442664092/gallery.html?utm_source=facebook-twitter&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=community

Yup...the one I was hoping to see again was as he exited the van....the cop with the beard had the most astonished look on his face...as if he knew he was seeing evil,lol....saw it last night on the video.

Bravo

Surely meant in jest :what:

Mbshafeena
http://estrip.org/author/list_articles/lukamagnotta

jeanne
06-19-2012, 11:13 AM

I keep going back to look at these pictures, to try to see what you are seeing, but honestly, I do not. What I see is no affect at all. Just a blank, sedated look. His face is a blank mask.

Bravo
06-19-2012, 11:19 AM
7m Global Montreal ‏@Global_Montreal
#Magnotta > http://ow.ly/bG5nB > Due in #Montreal court today at 2 pm via video link.

He must be soooo disappointed. Not even appearing live in Court with some audience LOL

otto
06-19-2012, 11:21 AM
The notions surrounding his intelligence are interesting. I am with Scientific on this one! I think he is bright.

Respectfully snipped

You could be describing Casey Anthony in your post ... someone that created an extensive fantasy life and attempted to convince others that the fantasy life was real. What we have is a liar that can keep his or her story straight most of the time, providing that the audience is compartamentalized or segregated. However, when Casey Anthony was challenged by a police officer regarding her fantasy life, it all came crumbling down in record time. Normal, intelligent people do not fall for the 'fantasy life' lies because they make no sense. Same with Eric Newman. The fact that these people can create a fantasy life that no rational person believes means nothing ... except that the liar wants others to believe that their empty lives are full and meaningful.

claudicici
....I see that same hate he has for everything around him that he shows in the "going clubbing" PICTURES.Like we all make him sick.

Karmady
I keep going back to look at these pictures, to try to see what you are seeing, but honestly, I do not. What I see is no affect at all. Just a blank, sedated look. His face is a blank mask.

I don't either. I've looked every way to sunday. I've covered up the eyes and looked just at the mouth and vice-versa. I get nuttin' lol I think I may see what people are referring to, but to me it just looks like the normal set of his jaw and mouth coupled with heavy lidded eyes. They are so heavy, in fact, that I thought he had them closed at the end until he blinked.

otto
06-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Thanks wowsers i didn't read about the fire. Probably updated when you read it. Guessing the Family thought him most likely responsible for the fire?

A fire was set in the family home in 2010 by a 14 year old. Early on, some speculated that it was set by Eric, but he was 27 years old in 2010 ... so it wasn't him. There was $60k damage done to an upstairs bedroom. I believe the fire was set in the closet.

claudicici
06-19-2012, 11:24 AM
:what:maybe what each of us sees says more about us than him

otto
06-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Yup...the one I was hoping to see again was as he exited the van....the cop with the beard had the most astonished look on his face...as if he knew he was seeing evil,lol....saw it last night on the video.

I noticed his expression too. He was kind of looking at Eric in a stunned way, as though he couldn't quite process the appearance of the demented freak.

otto
06-19-2012, 11:25 AM
http://estrip.org/author/list_articles/lukamagnotta

What is that link to?

claudicici
06-19-2012, 11:26 AM
I can't believe they let him dye his hair and do his eyebrows...

claudicici
06-19-2012, 11:26 AM
What is that link to?

Luka's blogs

Amandes
06-19-2012, 11:29 AM

same here, the look on his face when he's about to get into the car.. totally blank, sleepy and maybe even a little scared.

slightly OT:
Beavis Butthead posted a video called 'Luka Magnotta Abuse Evidence - This changes everything' and some guy called 'VictorinOfficial' commented on the video 'I Love Luka' - check out his profile.. only videos of himself with music playing over it. Seems to be the cool at the moment :)

edit: Conspiracy Cafe with George Freund -"Cannibal Crimes" 2012-05m-31 Conspiracy Cafe with George Freund -"Cannibal Crimes" 2012-05m-31 - YouTube - have you guys seen this before?

No_Stone_Unturned
06-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Please, don't cut down my country's legal system. We have had our share of serious crimes, and Luka is more than likely going to be slapped with a dangerous offender label, which mean he will never be free again.

THANK YOU/MERCI BEAUCOUP, JEANNE! And yes......once he's slapped with the 'dangerous offender' label, it's all over for the remainder of his life.

For those who are posting negative things about our CANADIAN legal system.....I hope you all saw how well his 'home-coming' was done.

:jail:

Donyale
06-19-2012, 11:33 AM

do you think so? I guess I'm a bit naive but I just don't see him pleased with himself, I expected him to strike a pose to the camera with his best angle, but no his eyelids looks droppy like someone a bit drugged? To me it almost looks like he is just not there, mainly after watching the video. IMHO, he definitely didn't look very alive and energetic like in the coverguy audition and that plastic surgery video.

I'm only saying that he doesn't look pleased with himself or enjoying the attention because I saw the videos of Anders Breivik smiling to all the cameras, even in trial he had a smirk after murdering almost 80 persons/teenagers in Norway... that scene totally changed my perception of a criminal pleased with himself, someone with no remorse at all, someone proud of doing evil. I actually expected Magnotta doing something similar, so it's almost surprising how quiet he acted. JMO

No_Stone_Unturned
06-19-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm very interested to know what kinds of psych-meds he was supposed to be taking. Many (if not all) of the psych-meds cause male impotence, so he's not been on them, I suppose.

That said, I have NOT watched any of the vids so I don't know if he's able to perform sexually or not. :dunno:

Bravo
06-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I noticed his expression too. He was kind of looking at Eric in a stunned way, as though he couldn't quite process the appearance of the demented freak.

I thought the same from both Officers. Especially the bearded one. I cant imagine laying eyes on him. Passengers who were on the same flight when Luka fled Canada must be horrified. Especially those seated in the same row. I wonder if there was any conversation with him in flight. Given his appearance and crying.

jeanne
06-19-2012, 11:44 AM

I think what each of us sees is in line with whatever theory we have formed around his personality. I don't think he HAS a personality. He is an empty vessel, and to me, his face reflects that.

Bravo
06-19-2012, 11:45 AM
I thought i detected a slight expression change after deplaning. Perhaps i will change my opinion to more of a smug look than a smirk. Perhaps he feels he accomplished what he wanted. World attention with a shock component. Who knows what goes on in a mind such as his. I wonder if he will confess to the location of Lin's head. Or is that the last horrifying act yet to come.

jeanne
06-19-2012, 11:45 AM
I can't believe they let him dye his hair and do his eyebrows...

I believe that is his natural hair color.

jeanne
06-19-2012, 11:47 AM
THANK YOU/MERCI BEAUCOUP, JEANNE! And yes......once he's slapped with the 'dangerous offender' label, it's all over for the remainder of his life.

For those who are posting negative things about our CANADIAN legal system.....I hope you all saw how well his 'home-coming' was done.

And take note of the people walking around free in your own country. (O.J, Casey Anthony are two good examples)

No_Stone_Unturned
06-19-2012, 11:48 AM
:what: I know this is idiotic of me, but I'm going to tune into CBC this afternoon at 2pm. :what: (My husband is upstairs hiding out in the den!!) :biggrin:

It's sweltering hot here so that's my excuse for staying indoors and watching!! And.....I work with young offenders/psych patients/etc. It's a learning experience for me.......

No_Stone_Unturned
06-19-2012, 11:52 AM
And take note of the people walking around free in your own country. (O.J, Casey Anthony are two good examples)

Indeed. OJ and Casey Anthony take the cake. And I love the way Canada law forbids 'trial by the media'.

J'aime mon pays de Vancouver a` Halifax. :rocker:

No_Stone_Unturned
06-19-2012, 11:54 AM
I believe that is his natural hair color.

Moi aussi. I just think the eyebrows were a bit 'touched up'!! :moo:

Mbshafeena
06-19-2012, 11:55 AM
What is that link to?

Articles written by LM, some we have not seen posted here before. I just read all of them. These are one of the reasons that I do not see an "insane" person.

JayFriend
06-19-2012, 12:01 PM
OT: i've wondered this from the beginning, why do new threads get started after 60 or so pages? IMO it would be easier if we just had 1 long thread that we kept going. granted it would be 100s of pages but still. no offense....j/w
Maybe there's a technical reason with the software, but I think it's a good idea.These threads move pretty quickly, a new one just about every day with the previous one being closed. Many folks have lives outside of sitting on Websleuths 24/7, so can be way behind whenever they log in. Many will ask questions that have already been answered a few pages ahead. Closing a thread keeps this from happening as often.

KDOGG
06-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Maybe there's a technical reason with the software, but I think it's a good idea.These threads move pretty quickly, a new one just about every day with the previous one being closed. Many folks have lives outside of sitting on Websleuths 24/7, so can be way behind whenever they log in. Many will ask questions that have already been answered a few pages ahead. Closing a thread keeps this from happening as often.

thank u! was beginning to think no one would respond.

....but for this (bolded) reason, i find it harder. i am 1 of those that find it impossible to stay caught up....& when a new thread is started, it makes it a pain to quote something i may question cuz im behind...in a locked thread. :banghead: ...but i understand what ur saying....the question may already be adressed in a further post.

jeanne
06-19-2012, 12:11 PM
http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120619/mtl_break_magnotta_120619/20120619/?hub=MontrealHome

BREAKING: Magnotta hires Marc Labelle as lawyer

He represented Karla Homolka!!!!

"In December 2000, Karla Homolka's lawyer told the media that his client feared being killed by vigilantes�when she is freed from prison. With Corrections Canada poised to ask that Homolka be detained for her full 12-year sentence on grounds she'll kill again, lawyer Marc Labelle said Homolka was petrified that she'd be murdered. Labelle said Homolka had not only received further threats from within the prison system, but she had also been targeted for death on chat groups that his legal assistants uncovered on the Internet."

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 12:17 PM
http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120619/mtl_break_magnotta_120619/20120619/?hub=MontrealHome

"In December 2000, Karla Homolka's lawyer told the media that his client feared being killed by vigilantes�when she is freed from prison. With Corrections Canada poised to ask that Homolka be detained for her full 12-year sentence on grounds she'll kill again, lawyer Marc Labelle said Homolka was petrified that she'd be murdered. Labelle said Homolka had not only received further threats from within the prison system, but she had also been targeted for death on chat groups that his legal assistants uncovered on the Internet."

Why am I not surprised? Some of us should have guessed he'd hire the same attorney. :sick:

Mbshafeena
06-19-2012, 12:19 PM

I am not surprised in the least. Those of you who still think he is insane, what do you think now??? This guy is more devious than you think. He knows darn well what he is doing. What a manipulator.

No_Stone_Unturned
06-19-2012, 12:20 PM
A little levity - I'm watching the Buffalo noon news. According to them he's not back in Canada yet. Buffalo says he'll be returned to Canada SOON. :lol: And then they showed the clip of him getting off the plane at Mirabel!!

And on a serious note - WTH, Karla Homolka's lawyer???????? I'm dumbfounded. :what:

jeanne
06-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Why am I not surprised? Some of us should have guessed he'd hire the same attorney. :sick:

I read it and let loose a sardonic laugh. Yup, we should have foreseen this!

Mbshafeena
06-19-2012, 12:22 PM
You know it might be a good thing he has hired this lawyer. People have not forgot Homolka and perhaps this is going to backfire on him big time, even though I am sure he is sitting in his cell with the biggest grin. This is going to be the biggest circus we have seen since that time but this time the joke may be on you Mr. LM. Let the games begin!

prima.facie
06-19-2012, 12:24 PM
For those who could not watch the vid of his entrance back into Canada....
(I watched again....on my big TV....to get a better picture lol)...

I still believe he looked smugged and arrogant while fighting a smirk. IMO, he was loving this attention....even celebs dont care about negative attention...ANY news is GOOD news!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13724
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13725
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13726
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13727

As I watch the video...I think....damn, all those men around him are REAL men and I see this tiny little twit surrounded by them....who thinks he is all that and hot and sexy and so on.......

prima.facie
06-19-2012, 12:29 PM

and this lawyer was so good he got Karla a much lesser sentence than she truly deserved. i still believe his defense will be I was a victim and had no control of myself (in so many words)....i truly fear he will be on the streets again like karla and then under a new name living life how he wants...

jeanne
06-19-2012, 12:30 PM

I still believe he looked smugged and arrogant while fighting a smirk. IMO, he was loving this attention....even celebs dont care about negative attention...ANY news is GOOD news!

As I watch the video...I think....damn, all those men around him are REAL men and I see this tiny little twit surrounded by them....who thinks he is all that and hot and sexy and so on.......

Sorry, I STILL don't see anything smug or smirky about him; just a blank, expressionless, drugged out affect.

prima.facie
06-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Sorry, I STILL don't see anything smug or smirky about him; just a blank, expressionless, drugged out affect.

that's fine. we all interpret things differently :) life would be boring if we all agreed on everything!

No_Stone_Unturned
06-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Regarding how he looks getting from the plane to a holding place - to me he looks like he has no Soul, no Spirit, no goodness within, a mere shell of a person. Empty..... nothing.....

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 12:35 PM
prima, I absolutely see it. I'd also ask others to take a look at Bernardo's arrest photos same smug, arrogant look, imo

DD_bwest
06-19-2012, 12:37 PM

im still catching up, but umm.. OJ is currently resides at the Lovelock Correctional Center in Lovelock, Nevada. so hes not really walking around free lol

otto
06-19-2012, 12:38 PM
I thought the same from both Officers. Especially the bearded one. I cant imagine laying eyes on him. Passengers who were on the same flight when Luka fled Canada must be horrified. Especially those seated in the same row. I wonder if there was any conversation with him in flight. Given his appearance and crying.

I'm not convinced that he was crying on the plane. I think he may have had an upset stomach from something he ate and perhaps he was puking to the point that his eyes were watering.

jeanne
06-19-2012, 12:38 PM
im still catching up, but umm.. OJ is currently resides at the Lovelock Correctional Center in Lovelock, Nevada. so hes not really walking around free lol

True enough. Took several tries to get him.

No_Stone_Unturned
06-19-2012, 12:39 PM
prima, I absolutely see it. I'd also ask others to take a look at Bernardo's arrest photos same smug, arrogant look, imo

He sort of has the look that Bernardo had in the backseat of the police car on his way to court. The one where Bernardo is looking out sideways at the crowds.

otto
06-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Given the discussion about how Eric appeared after getting off the plane, do I detect a smirk?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/zed0101/June_18_2012.jpg

Reference: montreal gazette footage June 18, 2012

No_Stone_Unturned
06-19-2012, 12:41 PM
True enough. Took several tries to get him.

That's true. But in the first trial he got off scott free and even seemd to be saying 'YESSSSSSS' when he jerked his arm.

newsleuth88
06-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Given the discussion about how Eric appeared after getting off the plane, do I detect a smirk?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/zed0101/June_18_2012.jpg

Reference: montreal gazette footage June 18, 2012

You absolutely do. This is evil. I am not religious but I guess I'm agnostic when it comes to the idea of hell - men like this prove its existence to me. Look instead to the shy, beautiful smile of the victim who was reduced to meat by this evil. I believe our justice system will do the right thing or hell, I'm moving to Texas. :banghead:

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Maybe instead of shipping him to the Caribbean like Homolka, we should send him to China.

Bravo
06-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm not convinced that he was crying on the plane. I think he may have had an upset stomach from something he ate and perhaps he was puking to the point that his eyes were watering.

True. And if he had any emotional tears it would be for himself. Your explanation certainly is very plausible. Considering what he did eat :what:

matou
06-19-2012, 12:53 PM

LM HIRED him? He's got money to spare, it seems. He lived in a dive apartment and can afford a high-profile lawyer. Hmmmmm

jeanne
06-19-2012, 01:01 PM
LM HIRED him? He's got money to spare, it seems. He lived in a dive apartment and can afford a high-profile lawyer. Hmmmmm

Homolka, who had no money, 'hired' him to. I wonder if the court appoints lawyers, but the defendant has to ok them? Thus 'hiring' them?

prima.facie
06-19-2012, 01:02 PM

maybe he has financial backing......
maybe he sold the vid (or others) for $$ like many have speculated...
maybe he lived in squallor to hide that he had money...
maybe he will be writing a book and expects lots of $$ for it....

maybe this or that....but yeah you make a good point!

JayFriend
06-19-2012, 01:02 PM

Well, we don't know how much money he has left, if any, and whether Legal Aid will be involved. The lawyer (Marc Labelle) may be taking the case at Legal Aid rates just to stay in the limelight, or for the same reason as Dirk Derstine, that everyone deserves a competent defence. If LM got a rookie lawyer, there could well be grounds for appeal down the road.

http://avocats.qc.ca/avocat/davocatE.asp?id=829&type=Avo

dotr
06-19-2012, 01:04 PM
I think LM is oddly comforted surrounded by all those"father figures" and now that his 'tantrum"(scribbling and smearing his diaper on walls) is over- he is ready to be washed,changed, fed and put in a crib for a nap.

Mbshafeena
06-19-2012, 01:08 PM
If LM qualified for Legal Aide, I believe he would and did, then yes he can hire any lawyer he wants and any defence lawyer willing... and Marc Labelle seems to be willing, not surprising either. This will bring both of them the notiriety they both want. I am sure that LM thinks this is a match made in heaven and like Homolka it will be a sure win. I have news for you LM, don't be too quick on that one. People don't forget that easy what happened in that case. I sure as heck hope the police do NOT make any deals with this psychopath, like trying to get information on the missing head.

The judge would have only appointed a lawyer for him IF LM didn't qualify for Legal Aide. I doubt anyone is paying for his lawyer but if so that would be interesting to see who, his family? No I am pretty sure legal aide is the route he is going and Marc Labelle is very willing in this case to take it for publicity on his part.

Bravo
06-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Well, we don't know how much money he has left, if any, and whether Legal Aid will be involved. The lawyer (Marc Labelle) may be taking the case at Legal Aid rates just to stay in the limelight, or for the same reason as Dirk Derstine, that everyone deserves a competent defence. If LM got a rookie lawyer, there could well be grounds for appeal down the road.

http://avocats.qc.ca/avocat/davocatE.asp?id=829&type=Avo

Agree. I want Luka to have an experienced Lawyer. Less chance of appeals as you point out.

No_Stone_Unturned
06-19-2012, 01:09 PM
MORE ABOUT THE LAWYER + CHARGES:

pingpattern
06-19-2012, 01:15 PM
It seems to me that LM is probably tired, scared, and while probably enjoying the attention to a certain point, he's probably also a bit overwhelmed by the upcoming process of being tried and jailed for life. As far as talk of his intelligence, I equate his to that of an animal: be just smart enough to survive, and try not to show fear, or when necessary, roll over and submit. In this case I think he's trying not show weakness, but also trying to not look inherently evil like some his more famous ilk.

susan1122
06-19-2012, 01:18 PM

In the 2nd pic down he looks smug to me....and I hate to be affected by him, but it is rubbing me the wrong way. In those top to pictures, imo, he even looks proud of himself. His head is swelling a bit. I guess I've seen it before and to me, that's what it looks like. But, JMO.

p.s. 2nd pic down...the crinkle around his eyes, slight smile.....says "smug" to me.

Sunday
06-19-2012, 01:24 PM
My goodness guys!
I posted this on last thread! Thank god it closed. My first sentence was suppossed to read : I do not like LM. Well lucky piere "not" was not in the sentance! I freaked ugh god!
Let me repeat I do not like LM!

Morning all!
First and foremost I do NOT like LM!

The notions surrounding his intelligence are interesting. I am with Scientific on this one! I think he is bright. This belief does not translate to my respecting him! The chronicity and depth of his ability to create all his alias, lies, stories, and tales most certainly indicate that he is NOT psychotic!

There is a difference between smart and bright (alter ego stuff, creativity in just being all over the internet as different entities , different jobs, different ages, names, vocations, each with different family histories etc. etc. .

Pause folks, --- what do screenwriters, novelists and playwrights do? The exact same thing! Create characters in depth. Create names, identities, looks, mannerisms etc. My notions surrounding him being bright are centered in the “creativity” demonstrated throughout his entire “created” existence.

Again folks – when I shared my notions regarding his IQ earlier some folks were angry. I am not saying his behaviors and or his life were positive. I am saying that bright/ creativity is most def. a component of intelligence. Solid intelligence.

The capacity to anticipate others needs, in order to manipulate effectively, are also indicative of intelligence. And from what we all have learned this guy’ face should be next to world “manipulate” in dictionaries everywhere. The capacity for that kind of deviance (think Bundy?) is correlated with intelligence. High intelligence!

And if we think about it, there most certainly (it is beguiling though!) nothing, “dumb”, in his planning, to assume, that the garbage folks WOULD HAVE picked up the suitcase. In fact, for some time I have wondered if that was fate of some sort. By this I mean it was not a really big error on his part. (LM’S) at all. Twist of fate?

His pathological narcissism (I am so smart) is what got him caught not stupidity – there is a difference! But wait; let’s even hold off right here! And roll with me here for a sec guys: What you all think: of this: He split thinking suitcase was gone. The notion that he went out for his first couple of nights over there (evidently with no effort at disguise) to me indicates that he was not really aware of how fast he was being tied to everything.
– I do not think he had a clue for the first 3-4 days that LE knew what he did (his apt/linked the video to him/learning all his internet proclivities etc.).

Then let’s move on a couple more days – he starts to see his face everywhere. Oh S*** so even at some level going to the café that day could be interpreted as heck, I better really find out what it going on, as opposed to him being stupid. In fact, considering the dynamics of what was unfolding, it is what a prudent individual, on the run would do – find out what the “enemy” (!) know and are doing! That is survival……………………….

Don't sweat it. Your mistake was evident given the context of your post.

susan1122
06-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Moi aussi. I just think the eyebrows were a bit 'touched up'!! :moo:

Yes, in the close ups his hair looks lighter again....the brows, though. They do look like he took some mascara to them.

jmo.

jeanne
06-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Justin Ling is covering the arraignment today, so hopefully he will pop on here at some point to fill us in!

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 01:35 PM
here we go:

"Magnotta has record

Jeanne: Is Magnotta's record available on iTunes?

Oh wait, different kind of record.. My bad :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

susan1122
06-19-2012, 01:35 PM
You absolutely do. This is evil. I am not religious but I guess I'm agnostic when it comes to the idea of hell - men like this prove its existence to me. Look instead to the shy, beautiful smile of the victim who was reduced to meat by this evil. I believe our justice system will do the right thing or hell, I'm moving to Texas. :banghead:

After Casey Anthony I was totally disillusioned with the US justice system. One of the times I wouldn't have minded moving. Anyway, keep that case in mind. Texas is pretty close to Florida. Kidding...kind of....sort of.

JayFriend
06-19-2012, 01:36 PM
It seems to me that LM is probably tired, scared, and while probably enjoying the attention to a certain point, he's probably also a bit overwhelmed by the upcoming process of being tried and jailed for life.

In the previous closed thread, people were thinking he looked "drugged" coming off the plane. Nobody mentioned jet lag. It would have been 2 a.m. German time.

Sunday
06-19-2012, 01:37 PM

Where are you reading that he has hired or even been appointed a lawyer??

deanna82437
Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling

I guess concerns of protesters/fans were unfounded. There's nobody outside of the Montreal courthouse.

HastingsChi

Yes it was his unnamed aunt who hasn't seen him in years, and based on the article blames Magnotta for the way her children turned out... Google "pass the buck auntie" I'm sure she'll pop up

matou
06-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Justin Ling's twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/justin_ling

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 01:38 PM
1m CTV Montreal ‏@CTVMontreal
We have learned that Marc Labelle will not represent #Magnotta, a correction has been issued. http://bit.ly/Lzii3e

susan1122
06-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Wow. I don't see this at all. I think you need to step back from your feelings and look at these photos objectively. Aside from looking sedated, he looks uncomfortable and almost shameful. As far as the bottom photo, I do that same exact pursing of my lips and lip-biting when I am worried, nervous, upset, etc.

I can see what you are saying....but I still see a smirk. Interesting how we all are seeing different things. Maybe he has mixed feelings. Though, I am pretty sure his feelings are selfish. This is JMO. But I have a hard time believing he feels shame. In the 3rd pic down, I see anger...or meanness. Or arrogance.

The bottom picture, I see fear.

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 01:41 PM

He's a fame whore. I said yesterday that in his delusional mind he expected a welcome similar to the Beatles arrival in America at JFK Airport in 1964... Sadly with the hubbub we saw yesterday, he got just what he wanted... Should have been done under the cover of darkness with only an updated mugshot released to media

prima.facie
06-19-2012, 01:42 PM

seems the MSM got it wrong again @@ surprise..

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story stated that Marc Labelle was going to represent Magnotta. That was a mistake, CTV News apologizes for the error.

jeanne
06-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Justin Ling‏@justin_ling

I guess concerns of protesters/fans were unfounded. There's nobody outside of the Montreal courthouse.

Justin Ling‏@justin_ling

There's maybe 2 dozen people waiting to get into the courtroom. Seemingly half/half of journos and civvies.

JayFriend
06-19-2012, 01:45 PM
While I'm here, I should bring up something else about how LM was taken from the airport in a police convoy. I don't have the link anymore, but I read that Jun Lin's family was chased by media hoards along the highway. LE didn't want a repeat of that.

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 01:45 PM
I have the most important question of the day...

Under Canadian law will Magnotta, as a pre-trial inmate, have access to his much need ProActiv???

Dion
06-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Would it be possible for him to somehow plead not guilty AND also disclose the whereabouts of the head?

As there is so much documented evidence against him, I'm not sure why he would even bother to plead not guilty, but I'm pretty sure he will, because he wants to star in his own headline making trial.

I'm certain that he is insane, so maybe the defence of "not guilty by reason of insanity" would result in a trial anyway.

CARIIS
Yeh, and think about , not one family member has had anything to do with him , not one.

CARIIS
OH my goodness !

Sunday
06-19-2012, 01:47 PM

NOTE THE CORRECTION:

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story stated that Marc Labelle was going to represent Magnotta. That was a mistake, CTV News apologizes for the error.

jeanne
06-19-2012, 01:47 PM
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:I have the most important question of the day...

Under Canadian law will Magnotta, as a pre-trial inmate, have access to his much need ProActiv???

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Would it be possible for him to somehow plead not guilty AND also disclose the whereabouts of the head?

As there is so much documented evidence against him, I'm not sure why he would even bother to plead not guilty, but I'm pretty sure he will, because he wants to star in his own headline making trial.

I'm certain that he is insane, so maybe the defence of "not guilty by reason of insanity" would result in a trial anyway.
And see , his blank vacant look yesterday makes me think he just may have no energy left (and meds)

I please guilty bye world................

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 01:48 PM
NOTE THE CORRECTION:

Oh thanx! just getting back in loop - love this place guys.

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 01:50 PM
To me, this is a smirk.

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/magnotta2.jpg?w=620

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/19/the-photos-luka-rocco-magnotta-didnt-pose-for-alleged-ice-pick-killer-returns-in-shackles-before-facing-montreal-judge/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Me either I agree with a lot of your views. He was in a coma!

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Interesting interview regarding the flight and his hearing today. LE said that commercial flights would not agree to LRM being on board their flights.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2247543092/

Magnotta's interrogation

Interview with Montreal police Cmdr. Ian Lafrenière on the detention of accused killer Luca Magnotta
CBC TV: The only TV App you need. Available on the App Store.
In some way (saw interview with lead LE guy) my instant thought was yeh they are responding to the public outcry as it relates to burning $124, 000 for a private flight for a murderer!

Bravo
06-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeh, and think about , not one family member has had anything to do with him , not one.

Very telling. I appreciate the details i have missed along the way.

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 01:56 PM
here we go:

"Magnotta has record

Under his real name all that happened so they were slow in connected previous criminal history.

TobyWong*
06-19-2012, 01:57 PM
It's funny how completely different we all look at the video/photos of him getting off the plane.
To me..all I think of are the millions of retakes he had to have done for all of his self taken phots & videos. Each step down I envision him wishing he could retake that last step w/ a more super serious face. but it hits him that they aren't messing around & is forced to walk normal. I think every breath of his, he hopes someone is watching & thinks he's pretty. (If that makes sense)
Imo he luuuvvvsss it!

FootballMom
06-19-2012, 01:58 PM
I think this is a live link if not... apologies...

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2177072181/

pippirose
06-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Respectfully snipped

You could be describing Casey Anthony in your post ... someone that created an extensive fantasy life and attempted to convince others that the fantasy life was real. What we have is a liar that can keep his or her story straight most of the time, providing that the audience is compartamentalized or segregated. However, when Casey Anthony was challenged by a police officer regarding her fantasy life, it all came crumbling down in record time. Normal, intelligent people do not fall for the 'fantasy life' lies because they make no sense. Same with Eric Newman. The fact that these people can create a fantasy life that no rational person believes means nothing ... except that the liar wants others to believe that their empty lives are full and meaningful.

And to top it all off, LM's fantasy life isn't even his own--it's all borrowed! Bits and pieces of movies and stolen words from other writers. He doesn't even have an imagination of his own...

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 02:00 PM
To my Canadian sleuths and those "in the know" about the jails of Canada, since everything we see in film must be true... this is a completely accurate portrayal of Canada's jails; right???? :floorlaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6_7xvGrU34

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Under his real name all that happened so they were slow in connected previous criminal history.
Oh and the dollar figures I read were $17,000 in fraud ! Who knows who! And just remain so amazed at lead LE gentlemen ! He talks to us - sorry here in AMerica its we (on Anything!) we have a news conference in 4 min and 27 seconds. And then its "No Comment" to practically every question. I dug him (it was unique to me - everytime he has spoke at least we all get SOMETHING)
would be interested in other AMericans being surprised at how different he has been - he has also, everytime he says he does not want to go into many details at least he is honest and "kinda" explains why. It is so different than here..........................

deanna82437
06-19-2012, 02:01 PM

We should be getting underway any minute. Fewer journos than I thought there'd be. There's still about 30, between the two rooms.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

2m Justin Ling Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling

They threw us into an overflow room. Damn weirdly-obsessed youths, taking our seats. Grumble.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

20m Justin Ling Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling

There's a group of kids here. Telling a Global reporter they saw it on tv and were interested. Eerie.

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 02:02 PM
I think this is a live link if not... apologies...

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2177072181/

FootballMom : Just read your post about Joe Warmington from the previous thread KUDOS FOOTBALLMOM WELL-SAID!!!!!

Btw, thanks for the live link. Works great!

susan1122
06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Brought over from previous thread. Originally posted by Scientific:

His IQ
I'm guessing that his intelligence quotient is in the bright (but not genius) range (115-135) for a number of reasons:

1. his mind would become sharpened and hyper-vigilant due to his stressful, dangerous lifestyle

2. it seems that he knew a fair amount of both French and Russian. and he might have taught himself what he did know.

3. there is a tremendous amount of fantasy and imagination that went into his personas and his methods. he seems more the organized offender with an elaborate imagination than the disorganized offender.

4. while his online presence might create a sense of idiocy in some regards, it seems to have mostly been smoke and mirrors so our assessment of his intellect (via grammar and sentence structure) should not be based directly off these online writings

5. his writing reflects that he lacks higher education but it says almost nothing about his fluid intellect

6. he doesn't look dumb. i realize this is a vague point but mentally challenged people don't have that kind of poise. neither am I saying that he's got grace. he just doesn't look like an imbecile.

7. he traveled the world to some degree (yes, he doctored some travel photos but not all) and explored many alternate lifestyle choices, which seems to betray a curiosity and independence that would allow for higher intellect.

8. supposedly he was computer savvy enough to use proxies and the deep web. sure, anyone could use them but your average person is usually not going to be that aware of these things because of it being challenging to navigate initially.

The things that I believe prevented him from having a genius iq are a one-track obsessiveness, lack of an environment that would have nurtured his intellect rather than simply heightening his survival skills, emotional rigidity that may or may not have resulted from abuse, and a preference for self-indulgence over learning. Further, he wasn't able to escape the lifestyle that was crushing him; he simply adapted to it and let it warp him whereas someone smarter would have in time realized that there were other options. Drugs might also have played a part though I think the role of drugs in limiting intellect is often overstated.

As for his dignity and compassion and every other virtue, he gets a big fat zero...no, he gets a negative value.

Thanks for the great and thoughtful post. I hope you don't mind if I add a #9.

9) Apparently he taught himself Photoshop. Photoshop is not an easy or particularly user friendly program. At least that was my experience back in the 90's. It might be different now. If that is what he used and if is still a difficult program, I'd have to give him a few points for that.

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:04 PM
And to top it all off, LM's fantasy life isn't even his own--it's all borrowed! Bits and pieces of movies and stolen words from other writers. He doesn't even have an imagination of his own...
However , isn't the truth that at some level he did it - for years !

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Yeh, he is not insane, he is a personality disorder (anti social/ nar) with a mood disorder overlay , addiction thrown in for good measure , and in all reallity abuse or gross neglect growing up!

FootballMom
06-19-2012, 02:07 PM
51s Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
They're waiving the readings of the charges. Lawyer says he's aware of the charges. Pleading not guilty. #magnotta

deanna82437
06-19-2012, 02:07 PM

They're waiving the readings of the charges. Lawyer says he's aware of the charges. Pleading not guilty. #magnotta
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

1m Justin Ling Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling

Brought Magnotta out. Wearing same beige sweater as yesterday. Pleads not guilty. #magnotta

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 02:08 PM
He has entered a plea of not guilty.

Hopefully they can track down that crazy manager from his imagination and bring him to justice for framing the 'lil angel...

DD_bwest
06-19-2012, 02:10 PM
"I think the prosecutors just said they're pursuing 2nd degree murder. That'd be big. We're coming back on thrs. video link again"

from justin Ling.. wtf second degree? i hope not.. its clearly first

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 02:10 PM
I was really hoping Magnotta would give the following response to the Judge "Your honor, the only thing I'm guilty of is being devastatingly good looking"...

Cappuccino
06-19-2012, 02:11 PM
"I think the prosecutors just said they're pursuing 2nd degree murder. That'd be big. We're coming back on thrs. video link again"

That has to be a mistake. Second degree? How??

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks, unfortunately it does not state "insanity" or schizophrenia, etc. We all know he has issues but if it's bi-polar or something else, I don't think that something of that nature would warrant him not standing trial nor found "insane". If he would have been to that point at the time they would have asked for an assessment and would have legally put him in an institution for a period of time to get help.

I am trying to get the original court paper of this decision (via some contacts) so I can see exactly what was written by the judge. I will let you know if I am successful :-) in perhaps shedding more light on this. My cousin was a crimminal defence attorney here in Ottawa but many many years so I may give him a call just to see what he thinks about this case :-)
He has treatment history - if goes to trial , treatment history will be released....Not Schizophrenia, Schizo affective probably best real dx. There will some that would have diagosed him as bipolar, some sole addiction issues, but all folks will focus on nar personallity disorder. In all liklihood there will also , along the trail be borderline personality disorder thrown in from time to time!

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 02:12 PM
That has to be a mistake. Second degree? How??

Following Twitter seems to be some conflicting info re: charge being first or second degree.

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:13 PM
I am new confused the heck out of me this AM! Still remain somewhat confused navigating as well! Dont feel alone!!!!!!!!!!!

OEJ
06-19-2012, 02:14 PM
I can see what you are saying....but I still see a smirk. Interesting how we all are seeing different things. Maybe he has mixed feelings. Though, I am pretty sure his feelings are selfish. This is JMO. But I have a hard time believing he feels shame. In the 3rd pic down, I see anger...or meanness. Or arrogance.

I absolutely agree with you. I've studied hundreds of his pics, and he is definitely smug here. He has a slight smile on his face. Very unusual for him. Not only that, he is holding himself straight and tall.

matou

EXACTLY. I'd think the advertisements for the killvid on May 15th would show that. NON-PREMEDITATED MURDER by the prosecution???? WTF???? Live on CBC right now. OK, the charges could change to first degree with the progress of the investigation.

CARIIS
Totally agree. Insane in most peoples minds to commit such an act. Legally Insane No. The planning, mailings etc. will make an Insanity Plea a moot point :moo:
Concur--- WAY to much planning, no way could someone suffering with Schizophrenia do what he has done the last two weeks impossible , capability wise !

Sealuzna
06-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Following Twitter seems to be some conflicting info re: charge being first or second degree.It's just Justin Lin's misreporting ... again.

The charge is First Degree Murder.

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:16 PM
You are kidding me?

susan1122
It's funny how completely different we all look at the video/photos of him getting off the plane.
To me..all I think of are the millions of retakes he had to have done for all of his self taken phots & videos. Each step down I envision him wishing he could retake that last step w/ a more super serious face. but it hits him that they aren't messing around & is forced to walk normal. I think every breath of his, he hopes someone is watching & thinks he's pretty. (If that makes sense)
Imo he luuuvvvsss it!

Of all our opinions, I am sure you are right (maybe we all are?)! He seems to be a huge narcissist, possibly with body dysmorphic disorder.

Someone had mentioned BDD earlier after looking at the video for the plastic surgery show. It's possible, IMO.

Body dysmorphic disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

deanna82437
Confirmed: he's pleading not guilty to everything
per Justin Ling

jeanne

To clear this up, what he said was that originally they filed 2nd degree charges until more evidence came forward at which timje 1st degree charges were laid and the 2nd degree charges withdrawn. It's 1st degree people.

Cappuccino
06-19-2012, 02:17 PM
EXACTLY. I'd think the advertisements for the killvid on May 15th would show that. NON-PREMEDITATED MURDER by the prosecution???? WTF???? Live on CBC right now. OK, the charges could change to first degree with the progress of the investigation.

Ah, that makes more sense. Presumably their techie people are still getting their ducks in a row with linking him to the posts on May 15th.

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Quite true ... he made decisions and took actions that reflect rational thought. I'm of the opinion that he has unresolved emotional issues stemming from childhood. That doesn't make him insane or in need of medication. He needs emotional maturity.
Trust me , he has been on meds ! Wrongly but the field doles out meds for everything - meds do nothing for personality disorders................

matou
06-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Asked for deferral until Thursday of next week for a psychological evaluation (on CBC news)

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Trust me , he has been on meds ! Wrongly but the field doles out meds for everything - meds do nothing for personality disorders................

If you are a doctor you should get verified as a professional here at WS...

Cappuccino
To clear this up, what he said was that originally they filed 2nd degree charges until more evidence came forward at which timje 1st degree charges were laid and the 2nd degree charges withdrawn. It's 1st degree people.

I think from now on I'll wait 5 minutes before I react to any reporting on this case. They seem to be getting everything wrong today.

CARIIS
WIth the worldwide focus (but then OJ Casey) they cant do that but OJ and Casey had no video of their crimes on line either!

udar55
06-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh jeez, pleading "not guilty." This circus is going to be huge.

susan1122
While I'm here, I should bring up something else about how LM was taken from the airport in a police convoy. I don't have the link anymore, but I read that Jun Lin's family was chased by media hoards along the highway. LE didn't want a repeat of that.

Yes, LE mentioned that in a question and answer session w/ media yesterday.

FootballMom
36s Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
Within 30 days, there could be a psyc assessment. #magnotta

56s Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
The accused requested that it be postponed to thursday. There will be a psychiatric assessment. He may be remanded to a facility. #magnotta

deanna82437
06-19-2012, 02:21 PM
"I fail to see why [a jury] wouldn't be able to handle this case...they're always difficult." -pros

per Justin Ling ..

I do not know who this is .. his attorney?

HastingsChi
I think from now on I'll wait 5 minutes before I react to any reporting on this case. They seem to be getting everything wrong today.

Yeah I know that you mean, I just deleted one of my post which was speculation based on the potential it was 2nd degree...

Scientific
At the risk of sounding antagonistic, I beg to differ with you. Let's say that one in 20 people have his iq; in other words, he is no genius, but simply brighter than the raw average. That is all I ever meant to say. It is not as if I think he's better than an average person--just that he's not an idiot. I was responding to posts about him having a low iq, something which might have exonerated him and which I quite simply didn't see as a possibility. Besides, there's a benefit to seeing him this way. If we credit him with calculating logically at all times--if this is some master plan he has laid out for years and worked out intricate details of--then an insanity or mental deficiency plea becomes that much harder for him. Meanwhile, we have much to learn about Luka yet so a comparison to Casey Anthony is perhaps hasty.

Respectfully snipped

CARIIS
Yeh, till today I did not know someone else arrested , I had read he set fire in the family home closet, and that the only statement thus far by some family was something akin to "he hurt us years ago and we have had little contact"

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Me too overmedicated.........

matou
06-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Yep, first degree murder. Whew. Not-guilty? GMAFB.

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Yep, first degree murder. Whew. Not-guilty? GMAFB.

matou : maybe he truly believes that the crazy ex-manager (you remember the one he invented using his imagination) who has been trying to ruin his life has framed him for these horrific crimes and spoiled his European holiday....

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
If LM qualified for Legal Aide, I believe he would and did, then yes he can hire any lawyer he wants and any defence lawyer willing... and Marc Labelle seems to be willing, not surprising either. This will bring both of them the notiriety they both want. I am sure that LM thinks this is a match made in heaven and like Homolka it will be a sure win. I have news for you LM, don't be too quick on that one. People don't forget that easy what happened in that case. I sure as heck hope the police do NOT make any deals with this psychopath, like trying to get information on the missing head.

The judge would have only appointed a lawyer for him IF LM didn't qualify for Legal Aide. I doubt anyone is paying for his lawyer but if so that would be interesting to see who, his family? No I am pretty sure legal aide is the route he is going and Marc Labelle is very willing in this case to take it for publicity on his part.
Kinda think the only defense law who will take it is for book movie down road -- interesting thing just hit me anyone EVER know of a video of a crime recorded by perp?

FootballMom
06-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Journo asks: where's the head. Proc: we can't tell you the info we have. Very important for family and the case. #magnotta

2m Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
"We'll do our best to reassure them." Proc 2 says. #magnotta

Proc says that everyone agreed that a video link would be safer. He will be here in person later in the trial. #magnotta

Defence will be meeting with the family "very soon." They are still in Montreal. #magnotta

This leads me to think LRM told them where JL's head is & they will be able to give it to his family.

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Interesting and neat notion!

Cappuccino
06-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Kinda think the only defense law who will take it is for book movie down road -- interesting thing just hit me anyone EVER know of a video of a crime recorded by perp?

Yes. 3 Guys 1 Hammer, for a start.

Paul Barnardo and Karla Homolka also recorded some of their crimes, although not the murders and that's probably where he got the idea from.

No_Stone_Unturned
Watching CBC now:

- jury CAN be sequestered BEFORE deliberations

- how long before trial starts - 1 - 1 1/2 years

- cost of lawyers, etc. - eligible for legal aid which covers everything

- Pierre Pinnachio (sp??) might represent him

matou
Luka is wasting money for his defense (Legal Aid) even though he has the RIGHT to. Grrrrrrrrr

Sealuzna
06-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Kinda think the only defense law who will take it is for book movie down road -- interesting thing just hit me anyone EVER know of a video of a crime recorded by perp?Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo, just to name one case.

Sealuzna
06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Watching CBC now:

- jury CAN be sequestered BEFORE deliberations

- how long before trial starts - 1 - 1 1/2 years

- cost of lawyers, etc. - eligible for legal aid which covers everything

- Pierre Pinnachio (sp??) might represent himPierre Panaccio.

OEJ
06-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Journo asks: where's the head. Proc: we can't tell you the info we have. Very important for family and the case. #magnotta

Proc says that everyone agreed that a video link would be safer. He will be here in person later in the trial. #magnotta

Defence will be meeting with the family "very soon." They are still in Montreal. #magnotta

This leads me to think LRM told them where JL's head is & they will be able to give it to his family.

I hope this means LM has revealed the location of Jun Lin's remains.

FootballMom
06-19-2012, 02:30 PM
1m Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
If the psyc evaluation says he's not criminally response, prosecution can contest. #magnotta

The judge can refuse a psyc evaluation. Magnotta also might not go forward with it. We'll see on Thursday. #magnotta

Scientific
06-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Your statement that math whizzes, by definition, can not be illiterate appears to have nothing to do with anything I've posted on this board. Luka is not illiterate in the strict sense. He can read and write though he does exhibit poor form when it comes to writing. There are also those who find math uninteresting for whatever reason so that they never learn it sufficiently and the same goes for English. Just because you have an ability does not mean that you exercise it in every possible way. Even more, there are people who learn calculas in high school and excel in math while performing very poorly in English. I'm not saying that Luka can be described as such. I was simply countering false ideas about intelligence and education. And my conclusions about Luka's intelligence had nothing to do with his own statements about his intelligence. Like many others, I have learned to take most of what he says with a grain of salt, particularly the contradictory things he says.

Albert Einstein was a C student in grade school. Eric Newman is no Einstein. I can't imagine that anyone could be a "math whiz" without formal training, because an understanding of theoretical math doesn't just pop into someone's head ... the foundations and structures have to be learned and understood before new math can be conceived. An ordered, logical mind is a pre-requisite for being a math whiz. Anyone that understands the formal language and logic of mathematcis will also have an understanding of the rules of written and spoken language. That is, math whizzes, by definition, cannot be illiterate.

If we stick to what we know, in order to draw an accurate conclusion, we have a high school drop out that is, for all intents and purposes, illiterate. Illiterate high school dropouts cannot be math whizzes simply because they lack the formal training. An accurate conclusion would be that Eric Newman has done nothing to demonstrate intelligence iin any form. It is inaccurate to conclude that because a liar claimed that he had an IQ of 265, 165 and 135, he must be intelligent.

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:32 PM
I thought i detected a slight expression change after deplaning. Perhaps i will change my opinion to more of a smug look than a smirk. Perhaps he feels he accomplished what he wanted. World attention with a shock component. Who knows what goes on in a mind such as his. I wonder if he will confess to the location of Lin's head. Or is that the last horrifying act yet to come.
Very last shot in van he closed his eyes like ready to go to sleep and officers knew he was drugged that is why they held him so tight!

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Pierre Panaccio.

Shocking that someone whose name closely resembles children book character Pinocchio would wind up as Magnotta's attorney..

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:34 PM
thank u! was beginning to think no one would respond.

....but for this (bolded) reason, i find it harder. i am 1 of those that find it impossible to stay caught up....& when a new thread is started, it makes it a pain to quote something i may question cuz im behind...in a locked thread. :banghead: ...but i understand what ur saying....the question may already be adressed in a further post.
Me too !

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 02:34 PM
I hope this means LM has revealed the location of Jun Lin's remains.

The defense would not meet with Jun Lin's family, the prosecution might... Doubtful anything new re: head.

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:35 PM
A little levity - I'm watching the Buffalo noon news. According to them he's not back in Canada yet. Buffalo says he'll be returned to Canada SOON. :lol: And then they showed the clip of him getting off the plane at Mirabel!!

And on a serious note - WTH, Karla Homolka's lawyer???????? I'm dumbfounded. :what:
THAT is funny!

FootballMom
06-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Appearing before Justice Lori-Renee Weitzman, Magnotta pleaded not guilty through his lawyer Pierre Panaccio. The case returns to court on Thursday, again by video, to discuss a motion to have Magnotta evaluated.
Panaccio told his client in a brief comment that he hoped to speak with him later Tuesday.
“If you wish to call me at home tonight, I’d be pleased to talk about this,” Panaccio told Magnotta.
“OK,” the accused replied before being led away to detention.

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2012-06-19/article-3012182/Luka-Magnotta-pleads-not-guilty/1

No_Stone_Unturned
06-19-2012, 02:37 PM
PLEADS NOT GUILTY:

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120619/120619_Magnotta_Court/20120619/?hub=CP24Home

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:37 PM

Yeh that is what was so amazing to me yesterday first time i saw closeup vid he looked so meek , scared and EXHAUSTED.......

dotr
06-19-2012, 02:38 PM
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/06/19/19894111.html
"A convoy of vehicles, including officers with machine guns, transported him to a booking centre.

Critics said taxpayers shouldn't have to pay such exorbitant sums to transport just one man, but Lafreniere defended the extraordinary measures.

He said high-level security was to stymie "admirers, unfortunately, of Magnotta."

Lafreniere said the large jet, an Airbus Polaris military transport plane, was needed to make a direct flight from Berlin -- where Magnotta fled following the alleged murder.

Lafreniere explained that a refuelling stop with a criminal on board presents "a diplomatic problem."

FootballMom
06-19-2012, 02:39 PM
The defense would not meet with Jun Lin's family, the prosecution might... Doubtful anything new re: head.

Perhaps we should ask Justin to pop in here to clarify his tweet?

dotr
06-19-2012, 02:40 PM
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/luke-magnotta-set-for-video-court-appearance-today-after-return-from-germany-159550595.html
MONTREAL - Luka Rocco Magnotta has pleaded not guilty in the body-parts case, appearing calm Tuesday in his first court appearance to face charges including murder.

Appearing in a Montreal courtroom by video link, Magnotta protested his innocence Tuesday in a slaying-and-dismemberment case that has drawn international attention.

His appearance lasted about three minutes. Magnotta stood impassive as he appeared on-screen at the courthouse, flanked by a guard at a police station in a different part of the city.

susan1122
He has entered a plea of not guilty.

Hopefully they can track down that crazy manager from his imagination and bring him to justice for framing the 'lil angel...

This has me laughing! I always appreciate your humor, HC.

~n/t~

If he's pleading not guilty why would he tell them where the head is?

OEJ
06-19-2012, 02:41 PM
On our last thread a link was posted to some letters Karla Homolka had written, and I was sickened in the first paragraph:

"Dr. Arndt’s death. I had no idea. The world has lost a truly wonderful and compassionate man. He was incredibly helpful to me at a very difficult time as I’m sure you know. It’s strange -- just last week I did a “housecleaning” and threw away his card. Perhaps on some level I knew? Things like that happen to me often."

Sheesh, a person can't even die without Homolka making it all about herself. gag. No wonder Luka identified with her so much.

http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/partners/free/khletters/

Mbshafeena
06-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Well LM has an interesting lawyer to represent him.

"When your boss plots your murder, do you still work as hard?
A police informant revealed that the Hells Angels had planned to kill their own lawyers, Gilles Daudelin and Pierre Panaccio. The informant revealed this as Panaccio sat in the courtroom defending biker Richard Mayrand. Panaccio sat dumbfounded for a moment before rising to strenuously object to the testimony."

CARIIS
Don't sweat it. Your mistake was evident given the context of your post.
TY and then I had no idea how to get to this new place !!!!

HastingsChi
Perhaps we should ask Justin to pop in here to clarify his tweet?

I can email him if you'd like.

But I'd assume that the only family the defense would even be able to meet with would be Magnotta's (and they only seem to exist in his mind and online) or the Newman's who haven't seen him in years... Hello Newman...

FootballMom
06-19-2012, 02:43 PM

JMO... he is pleading not guilty... by reason of insanity... hence the need for psych evaluation.

Mbshafeena
06-19-2012, 02:44 PM

Because "Manny" made him do it.

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:45 PM

Thats a NEAT ques

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 02:45 PM
JMO... he is pleading not guilty... by reason of insanity... hence the need for psych evaluation.

That's not the plea entered by his attorney.

Who is Justin Ling? TIA

Sealuzna
06-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Thats a NEAT ques
Yes, it is entirely possible.

Mbshafeena
06-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Correction: Magnotta's lawyer may ask for a psychiatric evaluation of his client on Thursday

#Magnottaby mccallumlauren via twitter 2:42 PM

#Magnotta lawyer will take the next two days to decide if he will ask for a psych assessment. #cbcmtlby HaywardCBC via twitter 2:39 PM

Late tweet - was busy doing job. #Magnotta officially charged.

Pleads not guilty.by HaywardCBC via twitter 2:37 PMMagnotta's lawyer intends to ask for a psychiatric evaluation on Thursday

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 02:47 PM

Who is Justin Ling? TIA

Freelance journalist who writes for Xtra! in Canada. His early coverage was awesome. His twitter feed is a tad confusing BUT he ALWAYS updates/clarifies with the most accurate info. Compared to other reporters, Justin's info published in his articles have been the most accurate of any reporting on this case.

FootballMom
I can email him if you'd like.

But I'd assume that the only family the defense would even be able to meet with would be Magnotta's (and they only seem to exist in his mind and online) or the Newman's who haven't seen him in years... Hello Newman...

Yes, please do email him if you don't mind.

I agree that it would be odd for the defense to meet with the Lin family (why?) but if Justin was referring to the N & Y family then I don't understand his tweet "they are still in Montreal"...

Cappuccino
Well LM has an interesting lawyer to represent him.

"When your boss plots your murder, do you still work as hard?
A police informant revealed that the Hells Angels had planned to kill their own lawyers, Gilles Daudelin and Pierre Panaccio. The informant revealed this as Panaccio sat in the courtroom defending biker Richard Mayrand. Panaccio sat dumbfounded for a moment before rising to strenuously object to the testimony."

Good for him! Sometimes you have to suspect these defense lawyers who go on about how innocent their client is in public would privately run a mile if the client moved in next door to them. But it sounds like that guy can actually put his money where his mouth is and defend his client even when his own safety is in question.

This is probably the last good word you will hear me say about Magnotta's defense lawyer, but I always respect someone who has the courage of their convictions, even if I do think they're on the wrong side.

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 02:48 PM
http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201006/10/177392-pierre-panaccio-entretenu-liens-etroits.jpg

Pierre Pannacio

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/quebec-canada/justice-et-faits-divers/201006/10/01-4288565-un-criminaliste-aurait-entretenu-des-liens-etroits-avec-ses-clients-membres-des-hells.php

Hells Angels attorney

HastingsChi
Just clarified by Justin Ling:
Correction on earlier tweet: the *procecution* will be meeting the family, not the defense. Apologies. #magnotta

CARIIS

Absol agree with you no smirk fried, exhausted, stunned, scared, WIPED out throw in some antic psycotics/ and or anti anx meds bingo yesterdays being held down the steps and practically carried into the back seat of the van!

otto
Brought over from previous thread. Originally posted by Scientific:

Thanks for the great and thoughtful post. I hope you don't mind if I add a #9.

9) Apparently he taught himself Photoshop. Photoshop is not an easy or particularly user friendly program. At least that was my experience back in the 90's. It might be different now. If that is what he used and if is still a difficult program, I'd have to give him a few points for that.

I taught myself photoshop and now teach it at a university ... I must be super dooper intelligent ... just saying ... monkeying around with photoshop and blurring bad skin, or using selection tools, doesn't take much in the way of skill level.

Scientific
Though animals often aren't given enough credit initially for their intelligence because they can't use words the way we can to communicate the abstract. Luka does seem very animal-like, given to his urges, but on the other hand, is that all a show? ...I agree about his probable state of mind pre-trial.

It seems to me that LM is probably tired, scared, and while probably enjoying the attention to a certain point, he's probably also a bit overwhelmed by the upcoming process of being tried and jailed for life. As far as talk of his intelligence, I equate his to that of an animal: be just smart enough to survive, and try not to show fear, or when necessary, roll over and submit. In this case I think he's trying not show weakness, but also trying to not look inherently evil like some his more famous ilk.

FootballMom
06-19-2012, 02:49 PM

Who is Justin Ling? TIA

You are correct he plead "not guilty"... can't add the "by reason of insanity" until the psych evals are completed.

Mbshafeena
06-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Freelance journalist who writes for Xtra! in Canada. His early coverage was awesome. His twitter feed is a tad confusing. I've emailed him to clarify something.

See just above your last post, the CBC twitter for update and corrected information.

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 02:54 PM
You are correct he plead "not guilty"... can't add the "by reason of insanity" until the psych evals are completed.

IMO He wanted to plea "Not guilty by reason of being insanely gorgeous"

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Of all our opinions, I am sure you are right (maybe we all are?)! He seems to be a huge narcissist, possibly with body dysmorphic disorder.

Someone had mentioned BDD earlier after looking at the video for the plastic surgery show. It's possible, IMO.

Body dysmorphic disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder)
Hey now - thats neat what and / or do you think of hermaphrodite?

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 02:55 PM
People on Twitter appear shocked by his non guilty plea. I'm not.

Bravo
06-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Because "Manny" made him do it.

Dear Gawd lets hope hope not. One Nanny,Zanny,Manny tale is enough :floorlaugh:

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 02:57 PM

This Confirms: People on Twitter are dummies... :floorlaugh:

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Oh jeez, pleading "not guilty." This circus is going to be huge.
Yeh but I am relieved, I DO want to know all the stuff, if he plead guilty and then split god so many questions..............

otto
06-19-2012, 03:00 PM
At the risk of sounding antagonistic, I beg to differ with you. Let's say that one in 20 people have his iq; in other words, he is no genius, but simply brighter than the raw average. That is all I ever meant to say. It is not as if I think he's better than an average person--just that he's not an idiot. I was responding to posts about him having a low iq, something which might have exonerated him and which I quite simply didn't see as a possibility. Besides, there's a benefit to seeing him this way. If we credit him with calculating logically at all times--if this is some master plan he has laid out for years and worked out intricate details of--then an insanity or mental deficiency plea becomes that much harder for him. Meanwhile, we have much to learn about Luka yet so a comparison to Casey Anthony is perhaps hasty.

Okay, let's say that 20 people have Eric's most likely IQ of 100. That is not 1/20, that's average. That means he's no different than the average person. The average person is not an idiot. He thought that he was calculating logically and even researched how to disappear, but he failed miserably. Insanity pleas require evidence that he is criminally insane, not stupid ... but his premeditation (something anyone of average intelligence could accomplish) and planning alone contradict any suggestion that he is criminally insane.

Still, there is nothing about Eric's past, or history, that demonstrates any form of intelligence that exceeds the average. It's a topic that Eric wants people to talk about ... it's playing his game to play with the idea that he may have been truthful when he claimed that his IQ was 265, then 165, then 135. He plagiarized and lied about every aspect of his life ... why should we entertain the possibility that this was not a lie?

CARIIS
Yes. 3 Guys 1 Hammer, for a start.

Paul Barnardo and Karla Homolka also recorded some of their crimes, although not the murders and that's probably where he got the idea from.
I mean like this recorded and posted or shared before being caught?

griffon
Get ready everybody! The circus is coming to town!

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 03:01 PM

It's here already.

OEJ
06-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Absol agree with you no smirk fried, exhausted, stunned, scared, WIPED out throw in some antic psycotics/ and or anti anx meds bingo yesterdays being held down the steps and practically carried into the back seat of the van!

Nooo way!!

Cappuccino
06-19-2012, 03:02 PM
I mean like this recorded and posted or shared before being caught?

3 Guys 1 Hammer.

Most people aren't stupid enough to share recordings of themselves committing a serious crime with anybody other than an accomplice. Luka is not that bright.

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 03:04 PM
There is a video at this link and unfortunately, I don't have speakers. They have a shot of the detention centre? Do they mention the name? If not, do any of the locals recognize it? There is one close to me but have never driven by there.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2012/06/20120619-143529.html

OEJ
06-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Hey now - thats neat what and / or do you think of hermaphrodite?

Nope. Not a hermaphrodite.

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 03:07 PM
There is a video at this link and unfortunately, I don't have speakers. They have a shot of the detention centre? Do they mention the name? If not, do any of the locals recognize it? There is one close to me but have never driven by there.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2012/06/20120619-143529.html

The Penal Psychiatric Institute (pardon the spelling)

Don't know how accurate this info from the link is because the reporter keeps referring to Magnotta's attorney as Labelle (I didn't even know Patty had a law degree...) and info we have learned since would contradict this.

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 03:07 PM
3m Pascal Robidas ‏@pascalrobidas
Si la demande d'évaluation psychiatrique est acceptée, #magnotta passera 30 jours à l'Institut Pinel.

======

Pascal is with Radio-Canada

His tweet says if the psych eval is granted, he will spend 30 days at the Pinel Institute

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 03:08 PM

ok thanks. Thought it was where he was being held.

Bravo
06-19-2012, 03:09 PM

Me either. It's pretty standard to enter a NG plea.

FootballMom
06-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Nope. Not a hermaphrodite.

I'm pretty sure HChi is our resident expert on investigating LRM's... uuummm... professional (cough) anatomic equipment... :what:

HChi... care to offer your expert analysis regarding hermaphrodite?

:floorlaugh::fence:

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 03:10 PM
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/06/19/19894111.html
"A convoy of vehicles, including officers with machine guns, transported him to a booking centre.

Critics said taxpayers shouldn't have to pay such exorbitant sums to transport just one man, but Lafreniere defended the extraordinary measures.

He said high-level security was to stymie "admirers, unfortunately, of Magnotta."

Lafreniere said the large jet, an Airbus Polaris military transport plane, was needed to make a direct flight from Berlin -- where Magnotta fled following the alleged murder.

Lafreniere explained that a refuelling stop with a criminal on board presents "a diplomatic problem."
Just an aside here-- just looked it up the plane costs : CAD$11000 per hour to fly!
Think of how many meals per hour that would feed the homeless..........

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Canadian_Air_Force_VIP_aircraft

Sealuzna
06-19-2012, 03:11 PM

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2012/06/20120619-143529.htmlAccording to CBC, it's a police station compound in the north end of the city. He'll be moved later today to another detention centre.

And for anyone listening to that link, the SUN is still (after the guilty plea) saying his lawyer is Marc Labelle instead of the correct Pierre Panaccio.

Consider your sources.

~n/t~
Me either. It's pretty standard to enter a NG plea.

I think mostly wishful thinking by many (taxpayers) upset that they have to pay for this monster.

HastingsChi
I'm pretty sure HChi is our resident expert on investigating LRM's... uuummm... professional (cough) anatomic equipment... :what:

Just because Magnotta's dumb neighbor had a bit part in a failed Jamie Lee Curtis film in the early 1980's, why bring the unique anatomy of the nice lady who wants us to eat yogurt to help us have regular bm's into this whole thing????

OEJ
06-19-2012, 03:13 PM

LOL! Yes, HChi...do tell. Yeah, but I "looked." Anatomically correct. Maybe a little "thin."

Haunted82
06-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Just an aside here-- just looked it up the plane costs : CAD$11000 per hour to fly!
Think of how many meals per hour that would feed the homeless..........

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Canadian_Air_Force_VIP_aircraft

True, but its used more often than we think. They explained last night on CBC that the plane is used to transfer government officials through various parts of the world on a regular basis, as needed. Yes, agreed, it costs an enormous amount, but if anything, this case was a lot more justified than chauffering around diplomats. They sure can use commercial flights, but this case just couldn't.

Mbshafeena
I think mostly wishful thinking by many (taxpayers) upset that they have to pay for this monster.

I don't mind paying as long as he is put away for a lonnnnnnnggggggggggggggg time so that he can not do this again to human nor animal.

CARIIS
Yes, it is entirely possible.
Golly! In terms of just plain old common sense that is senseless-- I did not kill him, but his head is at 42nd and 12th to the left of an orange trash can undernealth a deli in a black box ........................ UGH

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 03:16 PM
LOL! Yes, HChi...do tell. Yeah, but I "looked." Anatomically correct. Maybe a little "thin."

If he was one, his adult film career would have been tremendously more successful than it was; he'd likely be a name you know in the adult film news if this were true.

You know you've shared a lot of personal info with your WS friends when you're the go-to expert for all things related to male private parts and everything about the gayborhood...

Sealuzna
06-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Golly! In terms of just plain old common sense that is senseless-- I did not kill him, but his head is at 42nd and 12th to the left of an orange trash can undernealth a deli in a black box ........................ UGH
It's not senseless at all if he and his lawyer decide to go the "not criminally responsible" route. It would provide him a defense and give Jun Lin's family closure re: the body.

It's perfectly legal and his lawyer has already opened the door to it.

"Not Criminally Responsible: No person is criminally responsible for an
act committed or an omission made while suffering from a mental
disorder that rendered the person incapable of appreciating the nature
and quality of the act or omission or of knowing that it was wrong."

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 03:17 PM
It sure is and Barnum and Bailey gonna miss it!

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Best tweet I've read so far from a local.

In Canada, we're innocent until proven guilty. Pleading not guilty he challenges our justice system.

Like Rafferty and so many others.

Scientific
06-19-2012, 03:19 PM
That's what I was wondering about. The thought, like many I've had about Luka, makes me feel a little ill. :yuck:

However , isn't the truth that at some level he did it - for years !

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Don't know how accurate this info from the link is because the reporter keeps referring to Magnotta's attorney as Labelle (I didn't even know Patty had a law degree...) and info we have learned since would contradict this.
Just an amazing voice ...................seen her live couple of time amazing!

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 03:20 PM
If he was one, his adult film career would have been tremendously more successful than it was; he'd likely be a name you know in the adult film news if this were true.

You know you've shared a lot of personal info with your WS friends when you're the go-to expert for all things related to male private parts and everything about the gayborhood...

:floorlaugh:

You rock! :rocker: :hug:

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 03:22 PM

Someone here a few days back mentioned it and I thought humm well that can help with a lot of his INTENSE gender stuff?

Bravo
06-19-2012, 03:23 PM

Agree. Luka wouldn't want to miss the opportunity of a trial audience either.

JayFriend
06-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Yes, please do email him if you don't mind.

I agree that it would be odd for the defense to meet with the Lin family (why?) but if Justin was referring to the N & Y family then I don't understand his tweet "they are still in Montreal"...

I was reading Justin Lin's tweets as they appeared. A bit confusing, but I gathered the initial charge was 2nd degree murder and then it was upgraded to 1st degree. Of course, he pleaded not guilty to everything, so we're off to join the circus. The cost of the military jet will be chump change by the time this is all done. :rolleyes:

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 03:26 PM
That's what I was wondering about. The thought, like many I've had about Luka, makes me feel a little ill. :yuck:
Yeh, that was why the angry repsonse yesterday to just my notions about his inteligence was confusing to me -- folks he has done all this crazy stuff for YEARS there is a capability, his internet madness was, from the notion of being able to DO IT for years ....that is just fact (not a postive one indeed but present!) ......

JayFriend
06-19-2012, 03:27 PM
This Confirms: People on Twitter are dummies... :floorlaugh:
Twitter derives from "twit".

CARIIS
06-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Ya all are great! ALso on another note... how come sometimes if you wanna do a thank you it does not happen -- is there a reason? Or just a fluke?

griffon
06-19-2012, 03:28 PM
It's gonna be The Queen vs Luka Magnotta... wonder who will win?

OEJ
06-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Ya all are great! ALso on another note... how come sometimes if you wanna do a thank you it does not happen -- is there a reason? Or just a fluke?

Sometimes you have to reload the page.

HastingsChi
06-19-2012, 03:29 PM
FYI

From a source in attendance today:
- I didn't see any 'fans' - just some curious folks.
- I don't believe his family was there.

Nana46
06-19-2012, 03:30 PM
It's here already.

"Send in the Clowns"..........don't bother they are here.:rocker::banghead:

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 03:31 PM
It's gonna be The Queen vs Luka Magnotta... wonder who will win?

If you're talking about media coverage, in Quebec, Magnotta wins. Quebecers are not too fond of Royalty. But that's a different topic for another day and forum. lol

Sealuzna
06-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Lineup at courthouse for Magnotta appearance

MONTREAL - There's a lineup at the Montreal courthouse for Luka Rocco Magnotta's expected 2:30 p.m. appearance.

Journalists and curious onlookers have gathered outside the courtroom. A half-dozen Grade 7 students, still wearing their school uniforms, are waiting patiently in line.

One 13-year-old boy named Nykolas, who hopes to be a lawyer one day, says he wants to see how the defence team operates.

The students are not accompanied by an adult.

A woman just ahead of the students in line says she wants to attend Magnotta's appearance because of the intense media attention around the case.

Allegations that the killer posted a grisly video of his crime online also encouraged the retired 76-year-old to show up.

When asked why she was so interested in the case, Michelle, who only gave her first name, said: "It's hot."

http://www.1310news.com/news/national/article/374901--lineup-at-courthouse-for-magnotta-appearance

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Lineup at courthouse for Magnotta appearance

MONTREAL - There's a lineup at the Montreal courthouse for Luka Rocco Magnotta's expected 2:30 p.m. appearance.

Journalists and curious onlookers have gathered outside the courtroom. A half-dozen Grade 7 students, still wearing their school uniforms, are waiting patiently in line.

One 13-year-old boy named Nykolas, who hopes to be a lawyer one day, says he wants to see how the defence team operates.

The students are not accompanied by an adult.

A woman just ahead of the students in line says she wants to attend Magnotta's appearance because of the intense media attention around the case.

Allegations that the killer posted a grisly video of his crime online also encouraged the retired 76-year-old to show up.

When asked why she was so interested in the case, Michelle, who only gave her first name, said: "It's hot."

http://www.1310news.com/news/national/article/374901--lineup-at-courthouse-for-magnotta-appearance

Don't they have to be 18 to enter? :waitasec:

Sealuzna
06-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Don't they have to be 18 to enter? :waitasec:No, there's no restriction.

griffon
06-19-2012, 03:39 PM
If you're talking about media coverage, in Quebec, Magnotta wins. Quebecers are not too fond of Royalty. But that's a different topic for another day and forum. lol

No in Canada, the legal system, it's "The Queen vs defendant."

And boy is she pissed.

~n/t~
06-19-2012, 03:42 PM
No in Canada, the legal system, it's "The Queen vs defendant."

And boy is she pissed.

Oh I see what you meant. lol Yes the CROWN will win this one!