PDA

View Full Version : His belongings?

Channy
06-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Hello,
I've been a member for a while but have been mostly lurking since french is my first language and I'm a little embarrassed to write in english.

I don't know if it's ok to create a new thread so please let me know if my post should have been put somewhere else.

I've been wondering for a while about Luka Magnotta's belongings. I mean, he had an apartment in Montreal and when he fled to Paris, he probably only had a suitcase or two. Where is all his other stuff? He probably had pots and pans, towels (everything you need in an apartment), books maybe, etc. Where is all of this? I guess finding all of his belongings could be very useful.

Also, has anyone remarked that the white dining chairs' paint in his Montreal apartment seens to have been "scraped"? You can see it very well in this thread, post #12 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176070. In the "before" picture the chairs are all white and in the "after" one, the paint seems all scraped. I wonder what he did to those chairs.:waitasec:

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you guys can understand me!

~n/t~
06-24-2012, 05:57 AM
Welcome Channy!

My understanding is he was only in Montreal for approximately 5 months. He probably rented this particular apartment because it came furnished and the rent was really cheap. IMO, he had this murder planned out for a while and knew he wouldn't be around after the murder.

As for his belongings, we know police have recovered his computer. We don't know where he left it. It could have been left in the apartment or he could have taken it with him on his European vacation (assuming it was a laptop). As for clothes, my guess would be he packed whatever little he needed for his trip and everything else was either thrown out along with other personal belongings. That Friday was garbage pick up.

HTH

claudicici
06-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Interesting about the table and chairs....I havn't thought about it...but really wth happened to them?
oh and your english is very good !!!

No_Stone_Unturned
06-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Hi and I'm happy you created this thread. I've been wondering about that very thing......what did he take to Paris/Berlin? Where is his stuff?

I suppose LE have his computer(s) and cell phone. But where on earth are his 'daily belongings'?

Now I'm going to admonish you - YOUR ENGLISH IS PERFECT......PLEASE DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP LIKE THAT!! :)

VOUS PARLEZ L'ANGLAIS PARFAITEMENT! :)

*The French sentence is a translation of what I BOLDED in COLOUR in English*

Sierra20
06-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Hello,
I've been a member for a while but have been mostly lurking since french is my first language and I'm a little embarrassed to write in english.

I don't know if it's ok to create a new thread so please let me know if my post should have been put somewhere else.

I've been wondering for a while about Luka Magnotta's belongings. I mean, he had an apartment in Montreal and when he fled to Paris, he probably only had a suitcase or two. Where is all his other stuff? He probably had pots and pans, towels (everything you need in an apartment), books maybe, etc. Where is all of this? I guess finding all of his belongings could be very useful.

Also, has anyone remarked that the white dining chairs' paint in his Montreal apartment seens to have been "scraped"? You can see it very well in this thread, post #12 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176070. In the "before" picture the chairs are all white and in the "after" one, the paint seems all scraped. I wonder what he did to those chairs.:waitasec:

If you hadn't mentioned it I would have thought english was your first language, perfect english! :woohoo:

matou
06-24-2012, 09:04 AM
I wonder if the investigators scraped off the paint? I saw the photo and you are correct. In one photo, the chair is new and in the other, it is old. I thought his apartment was already furnished, but maybe it didn't included a table and chairs. It could be that he moved that furniture in, and that the chairs are old.

Shimmers
06-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Hello,

Im not a CSI-investigator or anything, but could it be some fingerprintdust? That powder clings to everything that has a texturized surface. Maybe that's why the chairs and the table are looking so beaten up? Just my thoughts though....

sillybilly
06-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Im not a CSI-investigator or anything, but could it be some fingerprintdust? That powder clings to everything that has a texturized surface. Maybe that's why the chairs and the table are looking so beaten up? Just my thoughts though....

Yes, I absolutely believe it is fingerprint dust Shimmers.

I had my white SUV stolen last year and when it was recovered, LE dusted for prints. Looks exactly like we see in those pics.

Haunted82
06-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Hello,

I believe that is correct on the fingerprinting for the chairs and table. As for his other non essentials, the pots/pans/books/un needed clothes , all ditched. He ditched at least 6 full garbage bags of belongings. I don't believe he left a shred of anything of his own in the apt, so the computer was recovered in the garbage along with some other items. It's a shame they can't interview the Casablanca poster, it saw everything.....

italianWSfan
06-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Stupid question, but I have been wondering what has happened to the Casablanca poster? It is not on the wall anymore in the media videos.
Did the cleaners just throw it out? (probably)
Did LM throw it out along with the other garbage?
Did the police take it as evidence?
Or did LM take the poster to France with him? (not very likely...)

Its exactly one month today...
May you rest in peace, Lin Jun.
:rose:

Jujercu
06-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Stupid question, but I have been wondering what has happened to the Casablanca poster? It is not on the wall anymore in the media videos.

I agree that Casablanca poster is significant. I doubt he threw it out. It witnessed everything that happened and IMO it was his trophy. I bet he took it with him when he fled. Easy to fold it up and take along. And yes I agree that is fingerprint dust on the chairs. It's also on the table if you look.

Haunted82
06-24-2012, 10:10 AM

Never been reported, but likely, that went out by him with the 6 bags of garbage. I've read a few reports that there was only 1 picture on the wall in the apartment (the CB poster) , but that's not true. There were 2 other pictures on the same side of the room as the CB poster, to the left (they can be seen in the video). There was also 1 remaining picture on the wall across on the other wall from where the bed and CB poster was that was still hanging at one point when pictures were being taken, then in another picture with most of the furniture gone, it has disappeared. That may have been a picture already there with the furnishings so it wasn't connected to him. I've uploaded a couple of pictures showing the with / without furnished picture.

Channy
06-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Thank you for the comments about my english :blush: I'm just afraid to be misunderstood if I ever make a mistake so that's why I refrained froom writing. But I guess I'll be more present from now on :)

I'd be very surprised if he threw EVERYTHING away. I think he might have some stuff in storage somewhere. Is it possible that a 29 y.o who lived alone for many years doesn't even own kitchen stuff, a TV, books, alarm clock, towels, etc. ? It's really cold here during winter, he had to have at least a winter coat? It's like he never owned anything during all those years, weird. The Montreal apartment looked totally empty in the pictures... I'm probably too "normal" but I can't imagine getting rid of everything I own.

As for the chairs, fingerprint dust would make a lot of sense :)

Haunted82
06-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Thank you for the comments about my english :blush: I'm just afraid to be misunderstood if I ever make a mistake so that's why I refrained froom writing. But I guess I'll be more present from now on :)

I'd be very surprised if he threw EVERYTHING away. I think he might have some stuff in storage somewhere. Is it possible that a 29 y.o who lived alone for many years doesn't even own kitchen stuff, a TV, books, alarm clock, towels, etc. ? It's really cold here during winter, he had to have at least a winter coat? It's like he never owned anything during all those years, weird. The Montreal apartment looked totally empty in the pictures... I'm probably too "normal" but I can't imagine getting rid of everything I own.

The fact that he rented a furnished apartment in the first place, and he travelled around a lot / moved around suggests to me he did live very light in regards to permanent belongings. He was 'disappearing' to Europe, so I think the traces he wanted to leave were online, not in person, otherwise everything would have been left intact. You just pick up any of that new stuff when you're at your new destination.

No_Stone_Unturned
06-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Forgive me for sounding so out of it and for not knowing what's going on here!:blushing:

QUESTION:

I STILL don't know what you guys mean by 'the Casablanca poster'. In my mind, it has to be a movie poster from the film of the same name. That said.....it doesn't make much sense.

Can anyone help here?

:tyou:

Jujercu
06-24-2012, 10:22 AM

Welcome Channy...please do be more present. No judgements here :)

Jujercu
06-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Forgive me for sounding so out of it and for not knowing what's going on here!:blushing:

QUESTION:

I STILL don't know what you guys mean by 'the Casablanca poster'. In my mind, it has to be a movie poster from the film of the same name. That said.....it doesn't make much sense.

Can anyone help here?

http://m.calgarysun.com/2012/05/30/city-webmaster-posts-video-linked-to-slaying

The poster is shown in the link

Haunted82
06-24-2012, 10:25 AM

QUESTION:

Can anyone help here?

The Casablanca Poster was right above the bed in the apartment. It was seen in 'the video' , intentionally focused on even at one point, and it was seen in some previous pics of LRM prior to this incident. It was one of the main connections people originally made to LRM when the video first surfaced on May 25th. Hope that helps!

No_Stone_Unturned
06-24-2012, 11:02 AM
The Casablanca Poster was right above the bed in the apartment. It was seen in 'the video' , intentionally focused on even at one point, and it was seen in some previous pics of LRM prior to this incident. It was one of the main connections people originally made to LRM when the video first surfaced on May 25th. Hope that helps!

Well thank you kindly! I haven't watched the video (nor do I intend to do so). But someone above gave the link to the poster.

Many THANKS to all of you!! :tyou:

No_Stone_Unturned
06-24-2012, 11:09 AM
http://m.calgarysun.com/2012/05/30/city-webmaster-posts-video-linked-to-slaying

Ahhh, so it IS from the movie of the same name!!

We have a cafe near us (we're going there this afternoon) and there's a statue of Humphry Bogart inside the doorway wearing his 'Casablance' white jacket!! :what: I'll still try to eat in comfort!!

I don't know if this is significant but Bogart's name in the film is Rick Blaine. :dunno:

Justme84
06-24-2012, 01:24 PM
I know he plagiarized the article about how
to disappear but I have a hard time believing he threw out
his Versace shirt.

sillybilly
06-24-2012, 01:38 PM
@Channy ... WELCOME and no worries re your English ... it's absolutely fine.

Sierra20
06-24-2012, 03:12 PM
I know he plagiarized the article about how
to disappear but I have a hard time believing he threw out
his Versace shirt.

Maybe he threw it out after Manny spat on it :floorlaugh:

HastingsChi
06-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Given his transient lifestyle of traveling long term or moving between cities but always returning to Montreal which was somewhat of a home-based for Magnotta; I become more convinced that he rented and paid far in advance for a self-storage unit. He likely used an alias to rent it. Such a unit would store his important belongings and, more importantly, a shrine to himself including trophies from his past crimes and media clips of himself.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

No_Stone_Unturned
06-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Where are all of his keys? If indeed he had a storage space, LE should have the keys to it as well as all keys in his possession.

Unless he took the keys to Paris and dumped them in the Seine!

buffetoflies
06-24-2012, 03:46 PM

I was reading the popup the popup thread intro thingy on the forum page, and was all "Yes! I get to read some super sexy broken english!" Then I click and your English isn't broken at all, it's just fine.

There's been a few posters that are ESL with concerns about how their wording is, and it's been fine.

I find broken English to be so, sooooooo sexy, but Luka has brought none here for me! Damn him!!

[/ot]

Also, No Stone Unturned, someone (can't remember) figured out there was a serial killer by the name Casablanca, so some think the poster could have a double meaning.

Scientific
06-24-2012, 03:57 PM
My guess is that he wasn't good at paying bills so he would find it difficult to rent a storage unit long-term. He also seems like someone who would find it too much of a hassle to keep such a unit; it sounds like he didn't even keep food in his house because it was too much trouble to go grocery shopping. The lack of a car would mean that it would not be easy for him to transport stuff to and from the place.

Given his transient lifestyle of traveling long term or moving between cities but always returning to Montreal which was somewhat of a home-based for Magnotta; I become more convinced that he rented and paid far in advance for a self-storage unit. He likely used an alias to rent it. Such a unit would store his important belongings and, more importantly, a shrine to himself including trophies from his past crimes and media clips of himself.

Shimmers
06-24-2012, 04:06 PM
My guess is that he wasn't good at paying bills so he would find it difficult to rent a storage unit long-term. He also seems like someone who would find it too much of a hassle to keep such a unit; it sounds like he didn't even keep food in his house because it was too much trouble to go grocery shopping. The lack of a would mean that it would not be easy for him to transport stuff to and from the place.

Hold your horses Scientific!!!!! You forgot a true, valid detail....his mascawa, conthealer, foundashun and lipgwoss were his grocery shopping :crazy:

prima.facie
06-24-2012, 04:08 PM
I seriously doubt he had much more than what he could carry on his back (so to speak)...

Apt was furnished....he moves from one place to another....he has no home base....

I doubt he has much of anything....and I seriously doubt he has a storage unit....

IMO...

No_Stone_Unturned
06-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Questions about his 'so-called' belongings:

- who paid for his internet connection(s)?

- who paid for his cell phone(s)?

- where are his other clothes - granted, he might not have had many pieces of clothing, but surely he had at least a change or two of shirts & pants?

- who paid for the flights overseas - Paris & Berlin?

- who paid for the movie poster of Casablanca and where is it?

- where are the gruesome knives, etc. with which he committed his crime(s)?

- where are his 'clean-up' stuff - rags, etc.?

So many questions.........

Shimmers
06-24-2012, 04:55 PM

- 1 who paid for his internet connection(s)?
- 2 who paid for his cell phone(s)?
- 3 who paid for the flights overseas - Paris & Berlin?-

1- The appartment was all inclusive ( furnished and with internet and tv connection ), i read that in a newsarticle, ( fairly new article, was posted here somewhere ) however that was the appartment before his moving to Decarie.

2- Is it possible that he went to a bank every month, with a cheque/bill from his phone provider, and payed it in cash? Don't know if that is an option in Canada, but i know that it is done here in Holland, since i do this on a daily basis ( i work at a bank/posting mail thingie ). These transactions are pretty dodging, since you pay it cash and not filing your own bankaccount.

3- A ticket Paris-Berlin with Euroline ( one of the cheapest bus traveling companies) cost around 158 euro's. ( i just went to eurolines webside and searched for this particular ticket price ). This buscompany has also counter sales. So cash is an option and they don't verify anything on those bustrip. Just your name is enough.

Well, now if you have Canadian dollars, which we dont except in Europe, you must exchange it into Euro's. Whether he had a stash of Euro's from his former trips to Europe seems to me farfetched ( but not completely neglectable ). More likey is that he has a stash of dollars in some random coockiejar or old sock. The question remains whether he exchanged his money in Canada or here in Europe.

Same is for the flight ticket. When was it purchased, before or after the killing? Was it with a debet/creditcard or cash. The only thing I came across, was that he didn't fly under his own name.

No_Stone_Unturned
06-24-2012, 05:10 PM
1- The appartment was all inclusive ( furnished and with internet and tv connection ), i read that in a newsarticle, ( fairly new article, was posted here somewhere ) however that was the appartment before his moving to Decarie.

2- Is it possible that he went to a bank every month, with a cheque/bill from his phone provider, and payed it in cash? Don't know if that is an option in Canada, but i know that it is done here in Holland, since i do this on a daily basis ( i work at a bank/posting mail thingie ). These transactions are pretty dodging, since you pay it cash and not filing your own bankaccount.

3- A ticket Paris-Berlin with Euroline ( one of the cheapest bus traveling companies) cost around 158 euro's. ( i just went to eurolines webside and searched for this particular ticket price ). This buscompany has also counter sales. So cash is an option and they don't verify anything on those bustrip. Just your name is enough.

Well, now if you have Canadian dollars, which we dont except in Europe, you must exchange it into Euro's. Whether he had a stash of Euro's from his former trips to Europe seems to me farfetched ( but not completely neglectable ). More likey is that he has a stash of dollars in some random coockiejar or old sock. The question remains whether he exchanged his money in Canada or here in Europe.

Same is for the flight ticket. When was it purchased, before or after the killing? Was it with a debet/creditcard or cash. The only thing I came across, was that he didn't fly under his own name.

About paying bills IN CASH in Canada - it's becoming more difficult to do......if not impossible at this time. I'm talking about paying cash for telephone bills, any bills which arrive in the mail.

I understand about the trip from Paris to Berlin and we know that he travelled from Montreal to Paris on the flight booked in as Kurt Tramell.

prima.facie
06-24-2012, 05:12 PM

- who paid for his internet connection(s)?

wifi stealing is very possible...

- who paid for his cell phone(s)?

you can have "pay by the month" phones w/ zero contract. he also could have paid for it....

- where are his other clothes - granted, he might not have had many pieces of clothing, but surely he had at least a change or two of shirts & pants?

more than likely he carried everything he owned on his back....he may not have an extensive wardrobe at the time of all of this happening....

- who paid for the flights overseas - Paris & Berlin?

he very well could have a bank account somewhere and lives very minimalistic in order to keep low....and have a debit/credit card....
he was said that he paid for it himself....

- who paid for the movie poster of Casablanca and where is it?

- where are the gruesome knives, etc. with which he committed his crime(s)?

- where are his 'clean-up' stuff - rags, etc.?

he probably threw everything out in the trash in regular bags and are now all in a landfill...

So many questions.........[/QUOTE]

we still have zero confirmation in either direction if he had funding from anyone....
i seriously doubt anyone would step up and admit to it if he did...

HastingsChi
06-24-2012, 05:21 PM
My guess is that he wasn't good at paying bills so he would find it difficult to rent a storage unit long-term. He also seems like someone who would find it too much of a hassle to keep such a unit; it sounds like he didn't even keep food in his house because it was too much trouble to go grocery shopping. The lack of a car would mean that it would not be easy for him to transport stuff to and from the place.

storage units are more than happy to let you pre-pay. Think Hester Moffet in Silence of the Lambs

Shimmers
06-24-2012, 05:22 PM
About paying bills IN CASH in Canada - it's becoming more difficult to do......if not impossible at this time. I'm talking about paying cash for telephone bills, any bills which arrive in the mail.
<snipped a bit>

Is it possible that his bills for his phone, can come via email? Don't know if that's an option though. Sorry if i sound like a complete moron, but i dont know how things work on the other side of the ocean. Maybe he deposited every month a certain amount of money in his account and made a periodic transfer? Just thinking out loud here, since i have some banking experience (due to my job), but dont know if that can be translated into the Canadian system.

HastingsChi
06-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Where are all of his keys? If indeed he had a storage space, LE should have the keys to it as well as all keys in his possession.

Unless he took the keys to Paris and dumped them in the Seine!

If he indeed has a storage unit that contains his trophies I'm sure he'd go to great links to hide the keys- not on his person or in luggage...

Shimmers
06-24-2012, 05:25 PM
If he indeed has a storage unit that contains his trophies I'm sure he'd go to great links to hide the keys- not on his person or in luggage...

Then in 10 years from now, we'll see his trophies on Storage Wars :blushing:

HastingsChi
06-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Then in 10 years from now, we'll see his trophies on Storage Wars :blushing:

YUUUUP!!!!!

LMAO

This thread is refreshing compared to our neighbor thread which has become crazy town...

Justme84
06-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Maybe he threw it out after Manny spat on it :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh:
Seriously wondering if that's gonna go down that way
" Manny made me do it" or " Manny framed me"

HastingsChi
06-24-2012, 06:46 PM

Keep in mind that he's never referred to this Manny as the former manager set on ruining his life... That unnamed creation of his imagination is still out there framing him for a crime he didn't commit and also ruined his European holiday... Hopefully the unnamed non-existent manager will be brought to justice before he further frames sweet innocent angelic Magnotta...

Sierra20
06-24-2012, 07:34 PM

Crikey please let them have another form of defence... Can you imagine if that's all those 3 lawyers can come up with??!!! :rocker:

Hastings, Apologies I thought that is where the M reports came from!

HastingsChi
06-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Crikey please let them have another form of defence... Can you imagine if that's all those 3 lawyers can come up with??!!! :rocker:

Hastings, Apologies I thought that is where the M reports came from!

No worries Sierra.

Surprisingly the ex-manager trying to ruin Magnotta's life has never been referred to by name. He's posted all sorts of things about the ex-manager on countless sites but never named him; probably a very calculated decision to not name him.

sillybilly
06-24-2012, 07:52 PM
No worries Sierra.

Surprisingly the ex-manager trying to ruin Magnotta's life has never been referred to by name. He's posted all sorts of things about the ex-manager on countless sites but never named him; probably a very calculated decision to not name him.

I think the ex-manager was Eric Newman ;)

sillybilly
06-24-2012, 07:57 PM
FWIW, using random dates of Friday June 29 returning Friday July 13, the cheapest return flight is Air Transat at $1307 Cdn plus any taxes and baggage fees. Air Transat was the cheapest of all the other airlines.

HastingsChi
06-24-2012, 08:05 PM
I think the ex-manager was Eric Newman ;)

Ding. Ding. Ding. [Game Show Sounds]
That's right!

If you only knew how many hours I spent trying to find something Magnotta wrote which mentioned the manager by name... All his endless ramblings, all his psychobabble... UGH!!! kinda reminds me of something else I'm exposed to reading... :blushing:

No_Stone_Unturned
06-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Is it possible that his bills for his phone, can come via email? Don't know if that's an option though. Sorry if i sound like a complete moron, but i dont know how things work on the other side of the ocean. Maybe he deposited every month a certain amount of money in his account and made a periodic transfer? Just thinking out loud here, since i have some banking experience (due to my job), but dont know if that can be translated into the Canadian system.

First, you are NOT a 'complete moron'. We all have questions.

Now about paying bills on the internet - YES, my husband and I do all of our transactions on the internet......phones, cell phones, TV, internet, heat/water/A-C/everything. We have no more paper bills at all. Well, there's the taxes but I think that's all we pay for via the Postes Canada.

x_files
06-24-2012, 09:05 PM

I understand about the trip from Paris to Berlin and we know that he travelled from Montreal to Paris on the flight booked in as Kurt Tramell.

However, buying an airplane ticket one-way with cash is not permitted in the states without being drug into Homeland Security office and it would raise huge red flags and the fact he wore a wig. They must be very lenient in Canad, France than we are.
It's very difficult to but a ticket (if not possible) in US. I tried and was denied a ticket.

Prana
06-24-2012, 09:21 PM
He most likely paid his bills online. I haven't received a bill at the house in years. I recall reading that while he was in France, he used his debit card to withdraw cash on the day that welfare payments get deposited. I had also checked AT flights in May and they were $600 taxes in.

sillybilly
06-24-2012, 09:45 PM
However, buying an airplane ticket one-way with cash is not permitted in the states without being drug into Homeland Security office and it would raise huge red flags and the fact he wore a wig. They must be very lenient in Canad, France than we are.
It's very difficult to but a ticket (if not possible) in US. I tried and was denied a ticket.

IIRC, it was stated that he had purchased a return ticket ... that's why LE showed up at the airport in Montreal after he was already known to have left Canada, and why they were telling the public that he could still be in Canada.

claudicici
06-25-2012, 10:06 AM

....and I just don't get how is was able to enter Europe with a fake name,they carefully check your passport upon entering? Did he have a fake passport in that name? that's not easy to get and requires a lot of planning ?

Shimmers
06-25-2012, 01:55 PM
....and I just don't get how is was able to enter Europe with a fake name,they carefully check your passport upon entering? Did he have a fake passport in that name? that's not easy to get and requires a lot of planning ?

They certainly check the pasports and stuff. But the checking can be anything between just looking @ name/pic and valid date to a full body scan with rectal examination. Also you have to consider " risk flights". I don't know the ties between Canada and France, but if France doesn't consider incoming Cananadian flights as "risk flights" then the procedure of checking is very shallow. Since my French is almost non-excistent, maybe someone can google/search how airport controls are done in France?

And about that false pasport... i read somewhere that in that internet cafe he was also searching for fake ID's or even making one. ( don't know where i read it, and if that was true ). But if you're good at sleuthing ( and perhaps a few leftover bucks ) you can get yourself a fake ID within the hour ( online as well as irl )

Shimmers
06-25-2012, 02:07 PM
IIRC, it was stated that he had purchased a return ticket ... that's why LE showed up at the airport in Montreal after he was already known to have left Canada, and why they were telling the public that he could still be in Canada.

He could have purchased that ticket online. Like a last minute round trip or something. There are tons of those websides, where you can buy " the last seat on the plane" for like a fart and 3 marbles ( sorry i'm translating literally from my own tongue here :blushing:). Even in airports you can do that. I don't know how the selling goes in an airplane, but he was on the last row wasn't he? If they sell the tickets starting from the first or second row ( first buyer = row 1 ), then it could be possible that his flight was a "last minute one".
Can anyone comfirm?

No_Stone_Unturned
06-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Other belongings - QUESTIONS:

- what happened to the 'equipment' he used to dismember the victim?

- where did obtain these things?

- would the average, everyday hardware store have everything he needed for his ungodly deeds?

- how did he pay for these instruments?

:what:

fittzi
06-25-2012, 06:26 PM

Point of clarification: LM traveled from Canada to France using his own passport. This has been widely reported and discussed on other threads. He traveled as K. Trammell on the bus from Paris to Berlin.

"When he was arrested in a Berlin Internet cafe on June 4, Magnotta had three sets of identification in his possession and was trying to print a new false identity card. Apart from documentation in his own name, Ahearn surmises the fugitive’s other two false identities would not stand up to any kind of serious scrutiny — which is why Magnotta used his own passport for his Air Transat flight from Montreal to Paris."

http://www2.macleans.ca/tag/luka-rocco-magnotta/

Haunted82
06-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Other belongings - QUESTIONS:

- what happened to the 'equipment' he used to dismember the victim?

- where did obtain these things?

- would the average, everyday hardware store have everything he needed for his ungodly deeds?

- how did he pay for these instruments?

:what:

Police reported recovering blunt instruments and weapons in the garbage bags from the alley. They didn't specify ice pick or cutter saw, but it likely was all there. Who knows where he got them .. some of it is available in hardware stores and other used shops. If you want an item in a big city, you'll find it. He must have had some sort of income, so he could have been turning tricks, social assistance, selling crap online, or any combination thereof.

Haunted82
06-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Point of clarification: LM traveled from Canada to France using his own passport. This has been widely reported and discussed on other threads. He traveled as K. Trammell on the bus from Paris to Berlin.

"When he was arrested in a Berlin Internet cafe on June 4, Magnotta had three sets of identification in his possession and was trying to print a new false identity card. Apart from documentation in his own name, Ahearn surmises the fugitive’s other two false identities would not stand up to any kind of serious scrutiny — which is why Magnotta used his own passport for his Air Transat flight from Montreal to Paris."

http://www2.macleans.ca/tag/luka-rocco-magnotta/

Correct. He fled on the 26th, and wasn't wanted yet. He was clean into Paris, then the whole world knew. He likely had at least 1 other set of ID prior, and I'm sure he researched before leaving, the places in Paris to get other ID. Big Cities like that can accomodate. There's a place in downtown Toronto that openly advertises ID's. They hide behind "novelty" , but its so close to the real deal, including holograms, etc, they are a legit looking piece. Only if it was 'scanned' would one know.

Haunted82
06-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Well, since his apartment on Decarie was technically 'his belongings' while he was there, I have something very interesting to share.

Browsing around last night, I thought I'd check and see about rentals in the area of 5720 Boul Decarie. Guess what I found folks? A listing for an apartment that appears to be recently renovated (new flooring or very cleaned up and waxed) and new furnishings. Remember in the crime scene photos how crappy the wooden flooring was? The Price for the unit ? $490 .. same price LRM was paying. They even had a picture, which I've attached below. Everything fits. The window, the door to the balcony is on the right side, you can see the rad. The 'new' bed is in the exact same spot.

The listing reads Boul Decarie close to Cote St Catherine. BINGO!
Now I'll say this... there is a possibility it's another unit in the same building that just happens to have needed to be renovated for reasons such as a major crime scene with blood and body parts everywhere. You decide.

I don't recall seeing this posted on the board before, but if it was , sorry for the duplicate. I found it too interesting to not show you guys.

P.S I won't post the link or contact info for the ad. While I don't think any registered users on here would attempt to harass / contact the ad, there's a lot of lurkers on here who we don't know.

Sigh Sister
06-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Well, since his apartment on Decarie was technically 'his belongings' while he was there, I have something very interesting to share.

Browsing around last night, I thought I'd check and see about rentals in the area of 5720 Boul Decarie. Guess what I found folks? A listing for an apartment that appears to be recently renovated (new flooring or very cleaned up and waxed) and new furnishings. Remember in the crime scene photos how crappy the wooden flooring was? The Price for the unit ? $490 .. same price LRM was paying. They even had a picture, which I've attached below. Everything fits. The window, the door to the balcony is on the right side, you can see the rad. The 'new' bed is in the exact same spot.

Now I'll say this... there is a possibility it's another unit in the same building that just happens to have needed to be renovated for reasons such as a major crime scene with blood and body parts everywhere. You decide.

I don't recall seeing this posted on the board before, but if it was , sorry for the duplicate. I found it too interesting to not show you guys.

P.S I won't post the link or contact info for the ad. While I don't think any registered users on here would attempt to harass / contact the ad, there's a lot of lurkers on here who we don't know.

Sure does look like it! I'm wondering about the couch. It has a sheet covering it so the pattern can't be seen (at least I can't make it out) Couldn't be the same couch, could it???

Haunted82
06-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Sure does look like it! I'm wondering about the couch. It has a sheet covering it so the pattern can't be seen (at least I can't make it out) Couldn't be the same couch, could it???

Nope, the couch went out to the garbage with the mattress (see pic below) , but, yes, it IS odd they have this one covered with a sheet.

Sigh Sister
06-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Nope, the couch went out to the garbage with the mattress (see pic below) , but, yes, it IS odd they have this one covered with a sheet.

Ah, yes. I forgot about that.

sinwonderland
06-28-2012, 01:36 PM

I found the same listing (same picture) but it said it was listed on January 23.

Haunted82
06-28-2012, 01:44 PM
I found the same listing (same picture) but it said it was listed on January 23.

Oh... well mine was dated June 16th, so that's how I put my pieces together.
MAYBE.... they use that picture for all the units that are identical, then when you go see it, it's not exactly as it appeared to be. (wouldn't be a first).

jacksonsquare
06-28-2012, 02:52 PM
That mattress in the trash looks bigger than the twin mattress the murder was committed on. JMO. Would they just set all his stuff on the street for the weirdo-collectors to pounce on?

Haunted82
06-28-2012, 02:58 PM
That mattress in the trash looks bigger than the twin mattress the murder was committed on. JMO. Would they just set all his stuff on the street for the weirdo-collectors to pounce on?

No, the mattress was indeed a double. That's the one. And hard as it is to believe, the bed, the couch and I think the kitchen table were just set out there for the trash after they'd done everything they needed to do with it. I saw a picture on an article earlier on in the case showing it being loaded into the garbage truck, so no person took it.

mrs hunt
06-29-2012, 12:31 AM

I thought Luka rented it around that time{Jan?},maybe that was the prior add
the owner just recycles the add because it is often vacated

also I hope we will find out how much money he had on him when arrested,so we can know if anyone helped him escape

OEJ
06-29-2012, 01:07 PM
I thought Luka rented it around that time{Jan?},maybe that was the prior add
the owner just recycles the add because it is often vacated

also I hope we will find out how much money he had on him when arrested,so we can know if anyone helped him escape

In the months before the murder he was traveling to Europe and the United States, so I think he had his own money.

Mozzmo
06-29-2012, 08:34 PM
I do have to say I don't really get Canada's investigational style. Just seems like they left so much evidence at the scene. Chairs/couches/mattress/bloody refrig....just seems to me that additional evidence could have been on those items. At the very least, out of respect for Lin Jun, whatever the apt manager or police didn't want, they should have disposed of it discreetly rather then parking it on the curb like LM did. JMO.

sillybilly
06-29-2012, 11:18 PM
I do have to say I don't really get Canada's investigational style. Just seems like they left so much evidence at the scene. Chairs/couches/mattress/bloody refrig....just seems to me that additional evidence could have been on those items. At the very least, out of respect for Lin Jun, whatever the apt manager or police didn't want, they should have disposed of it discreetly rather then parking it on the curb like LM did. JMO.

Not being in any way snarky here Mozzmo, but what type of evidence do you think could have been found that would help or hinder the investigation? I ask this question strictly because I'm trying to think how a defence attorney could possibly put a spin to that at trial.

Mozzmo
06-30-2012, 12:11 AM
@SillyBilly

Not being in any way snarky here Mozzmo, but what type of evidence do you think could have been found that would help or hinder the investigation? I ask this question strictly because I'm trying to think how a defence attorney could possibly put a spin to that at trial.

Well, lots of types of evidence. Blood spatter patterns, dna, finger prints, fiber/other microscopic evidence...I am sure there's more but I know I'm not an evidence specialist, but surely it seems there could have been more evidence remaining on those items. Even if not, I think its in poor taste and insensitive to Lin Jun and his family to dump blood stained items out by the curb like that. Isn't that a biohazard anyways? The "looky-loo" type of people will just gravitate to that sort of stuff....

sillybilly
06-30-2012, 12:25 AM
@SillyBilly

Well, lots of types of evidence. Blood spatter patterns, dna, finger prints, fiber/other microscopic evidence...I am sure there's more but I know I'm not an evidence specialist, but surely it seems there could have been more evidence remaining on those items. Even if not, I think its in poor taste and insensitive to Lin Jun and his family to dump blood stained items out by the curb like that. Isn't that a biohazard anyways? The "looky-loo" type of people will just gravitate to that sort of stuff....

ITA on the insensitivity aspect of it, and yes re the bio-hazard, depending on the time that transpired between blood spills and when the items went to the curb (i.e. certain viruses are no longer transmissible after exposure to air for "x" amount of time).

WRT evidence, I can only surmise that anything/everything was collected related to the victim and the perp, that when combined with the video, would support the murder charge regardless of whatever else could have ultimately been found by way of forensic examinations. Furnished apartment could have unrelated forensic evidence (dna, prints, fibres, etc) of a countless number of previous tenants.

Mozzmo
06-30-2012, 12:37 AM
WRT evidence, I can only surmise that anything/everything was collected related to the victim and the perp, that when combined with the video, would support the murder charge regardless of whatever else could have ultimately been found by way of forensic examinations. Furnished apartment could have unrelated forensic evidence (dna, prints, fibres, etc) of a countless number of previous tenants.

IMO they threw out evidence. Once you throw out those items you can't go back to them should there be a need. How could they possible know within the first few days if it was just LM behind this (which I believe is true)? Still, others could have theoretically been involved and leaving so much evidence behind seems careless and lacks prudence IMO. Why not at a bare minimum carefully store it because the case had/has yet to fully unravel and might they want those apt items for possible examination. Police officers often go repeatedly over photos/crime evidence looking for those parts that explain/identify criminals, accomplices and the what/where/why.

sillybilly
06-30-2012, 12:45 AM
IMO they threw out evidence. Once you throw out those items you can't go back to them should there be a need. How could they possible know within the first few days if it was just LM behind this (which I believe is true)? Still, others could have theoretically been involved and leaving so much evidence behind seems careless and lacks prudence IMO. Why not at a bare minimum carefully store it because the case had/has yet to fully unravel and might they want those apt items for possible examination. Police officers often go repeatedly over photos/crime evidence looking for those parts that explain/identify criminals, accomplices and the what/where/why.

This is just an example ... they probably used a forensic vacuum on the couch to gather skin cells. Based on how many prior tenants, their relatives and guests, that could constitute a lot of DNA. IF there was another perp, they can only match found DNA to someone whose DNA is already on file. They will keep whatever was collected in an evidence locker and analyses will be on file for down the road ... in the event another perp ever came to light.

JMO

Mozzmo
06-30-2012, 03:15 AM
@sillybilly

I get what you're saying with your example, but IMO to discard the furnishings so quickly (within a day or two) into the investigation does not appear prudent to me. Perhaps in your vaccuum example they did collect evidence off these items. Still I doubt they collected it all. Sometimes the devil is in the detail. Just seems had they minimally held onto the items a while longer while they got their head wrapped around the case, they would have more investigating options if the facts didn't add up or if there was contradictory/exculpatory findings.

Silverlona
07-03-2012, 04:18 PM
It was up before..
LRM didn´t throw the Casablanca poster,
but maybe the ones who cleaned
out the apartment did..

"A poster from the 1942 film Casablanca
is visible from outside.
The poster can also be seen in photos
posted on the Internet appearing to feature
Magnotta."

http://www.thestar.com/article/1202735-- body-parts-delivery-was-criminal-act-say- conservative-minister

AudreyRose
07-05-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm of the opinion that LE would've taken the Casablanca poster as evidence if it was indeed still in the apartment. Especially since it was featured right in the video/preview photo.

Silverlona
07-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I just wanted to share the link to the article..
No_Stone_Unturned asked about the poster and prima.facie wrote that maybe LRM
threw it away.
I don't have an opinion about the poster, it was just a thought.

mrs hunt
07-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I saw on youtube that Jun Lin had posted a photo of both sides of his visa card and his Chinese ID {see here,on youtube}::Jun Lin as he lived

is it possible that Luka bought the airline ticket with Jun Lins credit card?

also in the city I live in I just saw an apartment cleared out for re-model and they had
a dumpster for all the items.I THINK THE CONTENTS FROM LUKAS APT at least deserved to be disposed by dumpster/private company for dignity/safety
I hold that against the police and the landlord/owner
that was wrong and sad

All evidence should have been collected/documented to the BEST of their ability ,they may be sorry they don't have that at trial

ToBeHonest
07-09-2012, 11:27 PM
I saw on youtube that Jun Lin had posted a photo of both sides of his visa card and his Chinese ID {see here,on youtube}::Jun Lin as he lived

also in the city I live in I just saw an apartment cleared out for re-model and they had
a dumpster for all the items.I THINK THE CONTENTS FROM LUKAS APT at least deserved to be disposed by dumpster/private company for dignity/safety
that was wrong and sad

All evidence should have been collected/documented to the BEST of their ability ,they may be sorry they don't have that at trial

My thought has always been that it was LRM who scanned JL's ID online for use later. He wouldn't want to be caught carrying it because that would implicate him, but I have no doubt with his history of credit card fraud that he would have scanned it to use for various purchases until it was closed.

AudreyRose
07-18-2012, 06:08 PM
My thought has always been that it was LRM who scanned JL's ID online for use later. He wouldn't want to be caught carrying it because that would implicate him, but I have no doubt with his history of credit card fraud that he would have scanned it to use for various purchases until it was closed.

You think LM scanned the credit card info that was uploaded to Justin Rain's account on that photo web site? The account had several personal pictures of Jun Lin's and ID cards from his mother and another male (father?) so it certainly looks like a legitimate account from Jun Lin.

Unless there's a different version of the credit card online that I haven't seen...

Mozzmo
07-18-2012, 07:34 PM

that was wrong and sad

Very interesting point about the possibility of LM committing fraud using JL's credit card...especially given LM's prior history of fraudulent activity.

I also completely agree about how I think Montreal LE are not very professional appearing nor victim-sensitive when it comes to how they treated the crime scene and furnishings. I've commented on this before on some thread here. Even the way the apt manager gave tours with blood in the refrig and the stained mattress still there...gross lack of emotional intelligence. If I recall the manager had a flippant attitude too, sort of like, "well bad things happen".

I had not ever watched the Beavis Butthead video until now. I had avoided it at all costs just because I find the likes of him as repulsive. I was crestfallen after watching the video. IMO, Mr. Butthead once again denegrated the victim of this crime by mocking LE in the video and by including apparently mostly nude (butt shots) of JL. I seriously doubt JL would have wanted his buttocks/semi-nude pics included in a video memorial of himself...and put on youtube for all to see! Clearly these were intended for personal use only. He was not the exhibitionist that LM is. Would any of us want these types of photos included in a memorial video? "Butthead" is really a kind term for this creep....

I am unclear about one thing. How did the copies of JL's Visa and Credit Card get online? That seems very odd to me that he would actually do that himself? Surely, JL knew that could be used by criminals to commit fraud?! Does anyone know where these photos were obtained?

ToBeHonest
07-18-2012, 08:51 PM
You think LM scanned the credit card info that was uploaded to Justin Rain's account on that photo web site? The account had several personal pictures of Jun Lin's and ID cards from his mother and another male (father?) so it certainly looks like a legitimate account from Jun Lin.

Unless there's a different version of the credit card online that I haven't seen...

Oh, did not know that! Have seen the ID floating around, but did not see the entire account it was based on.

Mozzmo
07-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Is there a link to the account where the ID and credit card were posted?

AudreyRose
07-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Is there a link to the account where the ID and credit card were posted?

I'm not sure if linking to it would be considered a no-no. It's a public profile, so I'm thinking it's okay...if not, please feel free to snip this mods:

https://picasaweb.google.com/115164767433153311507

Caution: There is a bit of nudity in one of the albums. Nothing pornographic or hardcore or anything (and not of JL), but it's there.

Mozzmo
07-19-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm not sure if linking to it would be considered a no-no. It's a public profile, so I'm thinking it's okay...if not, please feel free to snip this mods:

Caution: There is a bit of nudity in one of the albums. Nothing pornographic or hardcore or anything (and not of JL), but it's there.

Thanks AudreyRose. I have never seen that batch of photos. Its very naive of JL to have photographed and kept his ID/credit card information like that online. It's evidence like that, that IMO demonstrates how he was too trusting of the world and how that contributes to becoming a victim....predators can smell it a mile a way. I am thinking that <modsnip> probably got the semi-nude pics of JL from some gay website whereby JL may have had a profile for meeting guys.

AudreyRose
07-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks AudreyRose. I have never seen that batch of photos. Its very naive of JL to have photographed and kept his ID/credit card information like that online. It's evidence like that, that IMO demonstrates how he was too trusting of the world and how that contributes to becoming a victim....predators can smell it a mile a way. I am thinking that Mr. Butthead probably got the semi-nude pics of JL from some gay website whereby JL may have had a profile for meeting guys.

I didn't realize Butthead had nude pics of JL. What a piece of work that guy is. Maybe the pics came from a cam website? Could be how Beavis knew LM to begin with - and how he got that strange facial tick video of LM. Perhaps all 3 of them frequented the same cam site. Just pure speculation on my part of course. People are getting closer and closer to uncovering what Beavis is all about...won't be long now. I hope he gets shut down.

Sunday
07-19-2012, 04:10 PM
I didn't realize Butthead had nude pics of JL. What a piece of work that guy is. Maybe the pics came from a cam website? Could be how Beavis knew LM to begin with - and how he got that strange facial tick video of LM. Perhaps all 3 of them frequented the same cam site. Just pure speculation on my part of course. People are getting closer and closer to uncovering what Beavis is all about...won't be long now. I hope he gets shut down.
Where's the facial tick video? Do you have a link?

KDOGG
07-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Where's the facial tick video? Do you have a link?

im interested too.

Mozzmo
07-19-2012, 05:21 PM

Yes, Butthead has the partial nudes included on his "Jun Lin as he lived" video. Unfortunately, I don't think finding out what Butthead is all about will do much in terms of changing him. There seems to be something seriously twisted in personalities like his. Perhaps I'm pessimistic, but these types appear to have real empathy deficits, and that can't be taught.:sheesh:

AudreyRose
07-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Apparently, one of BB's know sock puppet accounts (stldetrl) posted a video of LM no one had seen before with what he called a facial tick. He posted it on a couple of psychology sites asking about his "friend" who had a facial tick and posted it on his YT channel. As soon as he posted it, people started questioning how he got it....so he removed all traces of it from the internet. Some people left comments on the channel saying they had taken screenshots of the video before he removed it and sent them to the RCMP. There's another thread here somewhere where someone linked to some screencaps that might have been from the video...I'll see if I can find it.

If you check out the "crimes involving animals" thread, I posted some more info there about BB. There's someone who claims to know who he is.

AudreyRose
07-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Thread with link to screen caps:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Armchair psych profile and personal background

claudicici
07-20-2012, 09:55 AM

Thank you,I haven't seen it either.I'm very impressed with the last album,there are some of the most beautiful,artistic and interesting photographs I've ever seen.I wonder if it's just a collection or if Jun took any of them himself? ...and has he traveled to all of those places?
He seemed to have been such an intelligent,amazing person ....and yes,mixed in with a lot of naivety,why did he have to run into that *****creep ?
But seeing those photographs I'm almost sure the connection was about photography,maybe he went to Luka's to shoot him like the other guy did?