PDA

View Full Version : WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012 **ARREST**

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

kmartin96
07-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Never started a thread before.....
Asked to share by a friend.....

Missing Poster:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=449759131711093&set=a.268647889822219.65708.212865135400495&type=1

Police in Star City are looking for a 16 year old girl who has not been seen since last week.

Police told 5 News that 16 year old Skylar Neese was last seen Friday. Family members describe her as being about 5'4" or 5'5" and around 130 to 140 pounds.

She has brown hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing yellow shorts and a multicolored shirt. If you have any information call the star city police at (304) 599-3550.

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=view&section=5-News&item=5-NEWS-UPDATE-Search-for-Missing-Teen-Expands3999

ChattyWoman
07-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Skylar has a very active Twitter account, which she last used July 5, the day before she was last seen.
In the two days before her disappearance, Skylarís usually lighthearted tweets took on a more agitated tone; she tweeted several times expressing some apparent dissatisfaction or unhappiness.

http://missingindividuals.tumblr.com/post/26893834170/skylar-neese-star-city-west-virginia

Link has a link to Skylar's Twitter account.

ChattyWoman
07-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Star City Police Chief Vic Propst said they are working with the police department in Carolina Beach, North Carolina, after someone may have spotted Skylar Neese, 16, in their area.

http://www.wboy.com/story/18980671/update-star-city-police-looking-for-missing-girl

Pisces_Sun
07-13-2012, 07:01 PM
http://www.wdtv.com/content/images/skylar.JPG

This girl is from my hometown.

http://www.wboy.com/story/18980671/star-city-police-looking-for-missing-girl

Recently, there was an unconfirmed but possible sighting of Skylar in Carolina Beach, North Carolina. Anyone in the NC area, keep your eyes peeled.

southsleuth
07-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Have these girls not heard of Britanee(sic) Drexel?

mahoolin
07-13-2012, 08:44 PM
http://callcenterinfo.tmcnet.com/news/2012/07/10/6425927.htm

Little more info from her father

Pisces_Sun
07-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Me and my husband drove through Star City on our way to the store just now...I'm shocked that there aren't missing posters for this girl up anywhere on the main drag! Star City is a very small area in Morgantown but it's located where all the major traffic comes through, it's a hub near the entrance/exit to town from the highway. Just a few large, well-placed signs next to the road would help get the story/Skylar's face out there. She's probably not in town, but every little bit counts...

Haven't heard anyone mention it around town, either. Maybe I will print out some flyers.

Pisces_Sun
07-13-2012, 10:24 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/603519_449390345081305_1095003137_n.jpg

Caligram
07-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Such an attractive teen ~ How can she go unnoticed. Is she hidden away, or in hiding. This doesn't seem to have a big media focus. I think there is an assumption that Skylar ran away, left willingly, wasn't abducted and doesn't merit a lot of manpower. If there is an auto involved, and an unknown driver, it could be like searching for a needle in a haystack. Hope she is found safe.
IMO

Pisces_Sun
07-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Such an attractive teen ~ How can she go unnoticed. Is she hidden away, or in hiding. This doesn't seem to have a big media focus. I think there is an assumption that Skylar ran away, left willingly, wasn't abducted and doesn't merit a lot of manpower. If there is an auto involved, and an unknown driver, it could be like searching for a needle in a haystack. Hope she is found safe.
IMO

There is not a big media focus - I just heard about it earlier today. No one's mentioned it to me at work or anything, and lots of gossip gets around town. Plenty of gossip about college sports/coaches, but when it comes to one of our kids missing...word spreads slowly.

I think it's fairly clear she left willingly and was not forcibly abducted. Posts from her family on FB seem to confirm it...saying she "left". But still, she is in a lot of danger now that she is out on her own, God knows where doing God knows what. She needs to be brought home ASAP before something bad happens. It's a very dangerous world out there for a pretty, YOUNG, naive girl who doesn't know how dark people can be.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
07-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Mon County Girl Missing For Two Weeks, Concerns Growing

Friday marked two weeks since a teenager from Star City left her home.

Police said their investigation is at a standstill and now some folks are getting worried that she was the victim of a predator on the internet.

More: http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=view&section=5-News&item=Mon-County-Girl-Missing-For-Two-Weeks-Concerns-Growing4278

Where is 16-year-old Skylar Neese?

16-year-old Skylar Neese was last seen alive on July 6, 2012 in Star City, West Virginia. She may be with a female companion in Carolina Beach, North Carolina. Her nickname is Sky.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/23/where-16-year-old-skylar-neese

Sheromom
07-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Wow, the coverage for this girl needs to be stepped up. She is absolutely adorable and so many things could have happened to her. Why does it matter HOW they leave, they are still in just as much danger.

mahoolin
07-24-2012, 04:52 PM
All you WV folks take a look:

Teen missing from Star City/Monongalia County since July 7, 2012.

This is roughly 3 miles from Morgantown, WV - where West Virginia University is located. Lots happening there being a busy university town....

http://www.wboy.com/story/19069371/father-of-star-city-teen-begs-for-return-home

Sheromom
07-25-2012, 02:58 AM
All you WV folks take a look:

Teen missing from Star City/Monongalia County since July 7, 2012.

This is roughly 3 miles from Morgantown, WV - where West Virginia University is located. Lots happening there being a busy university town....

http://www.wboy.com/story/19069371/father-of-star-city-teen-begs-for-return-home

Heartbreaking. I don't understand why some cases are followed so closely that I can't keep up and yet here is this beautiful young lady that no one seems to care about?

mahoolin
07-25-2012, 08:33 PM
I don't know the financial situation of the family, but I found this, which may indicate they need some help raising reward money for Skylar. Not soliciting - just wondering if anyone here had ever used or heard of this website:

http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?fundraiser_id=5674&url=rewardfundraiserbringskylarhome

Moderators - if this is against TOS please remove.

mahoolin
07-25-2012, 08:37 PM
NCMEC poster

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1198565&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

mikkismom
09-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Desperate hunt for teenager who went missing two months ago when she was last seen getting into car at midnight

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2201453/Skylar-Neese-Desperate-hunt-teenager-went-missing-months-ago-seen-getting-car-midnight.html#ixzz26AdqY2es

cluciano63
09-12-2012, 07:11 PM
This case is on JVM today...no use of social media, phone, etc in 2+ months now and she is being classified as a runaway...took no clothes, etc...

This case sounds like she met with foul play the very night she was last seen.

susan1215
09-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I think the friend knows more than what she is saying. Why did the friend park in the parking lot to pick up Skylar but says she dropped her off away from her apartment so her parents wouldn't hear her car. Wasn't she worried about her parents hearing the car when she was picked up? I don't think she was every dropped off at her house. Her last tweet was 'You doing ***** like that is why I will NEVER completely trust you' that sounds like she was tweeting about someone she knows and it could very well be her friend or the friend is in cohoots with someone who had a beef with Skylar. The friend is just probably scared of saying anything. I have a feeling this isn't going to have a happy ending. This case probably hasn't received a lot of attention because she left on her own.

cluciano63
09-12-2012, 08:51 PM
But she only left on her own, as far as getting out of the house. She did not take anything, or leave any indication she was running away. I don't know if her friends really dropped her off (have my doubts) but if they did, someone else was around and waiting, probably someone she knew.

writer7
09-12-2012, 10:44 PM
I read pages and pages of Twitter around this girl. Lots of pot and alcohol in her circle. Lots.

I don't usually wonder this, but considering her and her friends' ages, I do wonder if there could have been an accidental OD or an accident or something that is being covered up. Hmmm.

OTOH, she really may have met up with a friend for an hour in a car if they were smoking a bit of pot. I still don't understand why the friend picked her up and supposedly dropped her off at different places, but I could believe they were only out for an hour otherwise.

ktgirl
09-12-2012, 11:10 PM
But she only left on her own, as far as getting out of the house. She did not take anything, or leave any indication she was running away. I don't know if her friends really dropped her off (have my doubts) but if they did, someone else was around and waiting, probably someone she knew.

Exactly. She got in the car of her own volition, probably to go hang out for a bit or get into some teenage mischief (since she snuck out). I don't believe for a second she had any intention of "running away" when she got in that car.

Not sure when foul play happened or if she got out of the car and then it happened, but something stinks here.

tlcya
09-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Okay, I have not followed this case but only caught a story about it on tv last night.

I am trying to figure out how to say this without saying it.

The moment I heard the specifics of this case I had the immediate thought that Skylar's case reminded me VERY much of the murder of Shanda Sharer. I am not sure how much more I am comfortable saying since this is simply my gut talking but a google search on that case will explain what my gut is telling me.

My heart goes out to her family and for what its worth, I sincerely hope I am wrong.

mikkismom
10-15-2012, 11:01 AM
FB Missing page - no new info

https://www.facebook.com/BringSklarNeeseBackHome

TxLady2
10-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Seems to be an epidemic of young girls sneaking out of the house to meet someone, then turning up missing. Who knows if she actually intended to run away or just wanted to be with her friends for awhile? She's still missing and needs to be found.
Her friends could be telling the truth, dropped her off in the parking lot because they didn't want the parents to hear the car that late.... or something happened and the friends are too scared to tell the cops about it. Either way, I hope she's found safe, but it doesn't sound too promising.

No Stone Unturned
10-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Agree with you Tlcox. Shanda Sharer bears some resemblance here.

Allusonz
10-16-2012, 09:13 PM
"She has a lot of friends and is big into social networks but has not been online since she disappeared. There has been no bank activity and her cell phone has not been turned on," Neese's cousin, Rikki Woodall, told The Huffington Post.

"She loves school. She's a great, 4.0 student who is in honors classes, so when school started and she was not in class, people started to really question whether something might seriously be wrong."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/10/skylar-neese-missing_n_1871268.html

No Stone Unturned
10-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Skylar sneaks out of her window to meet a friend at midnight. She is caught on security cameras.

The same friend said she dropped her off an hour later.

It isn't on the video because the friend said she wanted dropped off down the street away from her residence so as not to wake her parents.

Questions:

Why only sneak out for an hour?

-Can't be to chat with a girl friend because she could have done that with her cellphone. My guess is for drugs or to meet with a boy. Skylar's twitter account confirms that she drinks and smokes pot.

Why wasn't Skylar worried about being picked up right in front of the house at midnight?

-It doesn't add up for me that she wanted dropped off somewhere else an hour later?

The friend's story simply doesn't make sense.

Marilynilpa
10-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Cabell County Sheriff's deputies are investigating human skeletal remains found on Wire Branch Road in Ona, WV.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/19875360/human-remains-found-in-ona-wv

There's no reason to expect this is Skylar, but thought I'd make everyone aware of it just in case.

ETA: These two cities are almost 200 miles apart.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&gl=us&daddr=Star+City,+WV&saddr=Ona,+WV&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=KcWsThOdqkiIMcm6wIAveu64%3BKbGE2pFxezWIMaF MwjoltE8m&ei=HJSEUP_DJ8bL0AGwmICoBQ&ved=0CCAQ9w8wAA

Wanting2Help
10-25-2012, 01:39 PM
I just see a FB page for Skylar. Why isn't she listed in NamUs yet?

RDGirl
10-27-2012, 01:39 AM
Hi all, I joined WS about a month ago, but have never posted. I have read all the TOS & help boards, but please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong :)

Anyway, I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I was born & raised in Morgantown, WV (of which Star City is part) and I went to the same high school as the missing girl. The town is the home of WVU which is a very well known "party school." I was in the "popular" crowd at University High, and while drinking and marijuana were very widely used, it was never a school with a large number of students using heavy drugs. High school students in Morgantown regularly go to college night clubs and party in wooded areas on small roads on the outskirts of town.

At first, I had the same question as No Stone Unturned, "why only an hour?" However, given what she was wearing, it doesn't sound like she was going to a party or a club or to meet a boy. Flip flops are not a good choice for a party in the woods, and they aren't allowed in a lot of the clubs/bars in town. Also, if she was meeting a boy, I assume it's someone she liked but wasn't in a relationship with (as no boyfriend was mentioned). If a 16y/o is going to go to the trouble of sneaking out to meet a boy, she's probably going to put more effort into an outfit.

From the posts on her Twitter feed, it sounds like she was going through something and maybe just wanted to talk with a friend, drive around, etc. Either way, I think the friend is the major key here. In one of the first articles it said the friends were not being helpful, which is very disconcerting.

Concerning the publicity of her disappearance, WVU is the major source of income for Morgantown (along with the liquid generics company Mylan Pharm.). Crime is not something that is widely publicized as the town likes to present a "clean & wholesome" image to prospective students. Unfortunately, I am not surprised by the lack of coverage. There are no TV stations in Morgantown, and the town newspaper the Dominion Post is not the type of hard hitting journalism you see in other cities.

As always, you guys are amazing, and I hope we can get some information soon. I know this is a cliche, but things like this just don't happen at my old high school, and I hope the family gets Skyler back safe.

ktgirl
10-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Where are you Skylar?

I wonder if the friend who claimed to drop her off near her home an hour after she snuck out has been given a lie detector test?

RDGirl
10-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Not sure, KT. I spoke with my mom today (who lives in Morgantown) and she said there was an article in the paper yesterday that said they don't know who picked her up from her house. In previous statements, LE has stated that they knew it was a female friend, but she was insistent that it said they didn't know. I'm not sure why it's so hard to get facts in this case. There seem to be a lot of stories floating around.

I've also been randomly looking through Twitter pages today and there are a few fake accounts that seems to have been created to harass the friends & liken them to the TV show "Pretty Little Liars." If you haven't seen the show, it's about a group of 5 best friends, once of whom goes missing & later it's revealed that she was killed. The killer & various anonymous accomplices then start harassing the girls and using their secrets to blackmail them into doing hurtful things to one another. I'm sure it's probably just some high school kids being horrible to one another, but it's pretty sick.

Also, on Twitter, Skylar's friends always make pleas with her to come home, not to someone who has taken her. It seems that they all believe she ran away.

Random aside, it turns out I was a nanny for one of the girls who is one of Skylar's best friends. It was back when she was 3-4y/o and I haven't seen her since, but as I was looking through Twitter pages I saw a photo of her father and realized who she was.

Does anyone have information that hasn't been posted? Is there anything we can do? I'm new to this page and don't know where to begin. Help!

mrsward
10-27-2012, 07:33 PM
IMO, having 2 teenage daughters myself , if this young lady was going to run away she certainly wouldnt be leaving without taking anything with her in her photos she obviously takes good care of herself so i cant see her leaving without taking clothing etc, and to suddenly stop using social networks is something teenagers just do not do .. very concerned for this girls safety

RDGirl
10-27-2012, 09:22 PM
I agree, MrsWard. She didn't take anything, her phone hasn't been used and no social media updates.

Also, how did she get where she was going? The story about the car she originally left in is a bit muddled, but if it's accounted for, then there had to be another car. Busses in Morgantown are sparse, and so are cabs (and she'd have to call a cab and wait for it. It's not uncommon to wait a very long time for a cab to arrive in that town). There is an above ground train type thing called a PRT, but it only travels around the WVU campus. If she left again there had to be another car, or she walked to someone's house.

It seems highly unlikely that she is willingly hiding out in the area. It's not a large area and there are not a lot of people. Surely anyone she could be staying with has been checked out.

ktgirl
10-27-2012, 09:26 PM
I wish her case was getting more attention. It saddens me that she went missing in July and her thread only has two pages and that she's received little to no national media attention.

No Stone Unturned
10-27-2012, 10:15 PM
RDGirl

WELCOME!!!!

WV is my home state too.

Google the Shanda Sharer case on Wikipedia and see what you think. It was a few years back and involved a group of teen and preteen girls and how gruesome their behavior can be. I see some similarities here (obviously not a lesbian lover /jealousy thing) but something in the "friends" story leads me to believe that she knows exactly what happened to Skylar.

RDGirl
10-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Me too. Unfortunately, the Facebook sites set up to help are hubs for drama, so people seem to be avoiding them, and their find Skylar Twitter page only has 2 posts. Wish I knew how to get this case more attention.

RDGirl
10-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks No stone Unturned! I actually Googled the case when you first mentioned it and I remember seeing it on TV after it happened. I don't think we have enough facts to rule anything out, but from what I've seen of their interactions, it didn't seem like the girls had that sort of "frenemy" relationship. They genuinely seem to care and be worried. That said, with teenagers you never know.

I wish we had more/clearer information! It's so frustrating having to read the same old articles over and over hoping to see something new.

RDGirl
11-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Here's the link to the story my mom was talking about in the Dominion Post: http://sip-trunking.tmcnet.com/news/2012/10/23/6669806.htm It does say the police "have a good idea who was in the car," and that those "people may know more than they're saying."

I'm very confused by this article, because previous news reports have been that the car belonged to a female friend who had been interviewed.

The harassment of the friends on Twitter is definitely picking up. I've found 4 Twitter accounts created specifically to harass Skylar's friends. Again, not sure what to make of this, but whoever is posting is clearly blaming the friends (and the friends are posting back blaming the parents).

All in all, it just seems to be one big circle. Getting clear information has proven difficult, and there are a lot of rumors and blaming.

I've been checking UIDs etc, but have (thankfully) come up empty. Skylar is not listed as missing on NamUs, which I hope will be changed soon. Unfortunately, she's not listed on a lot of missing persons websites that could be beneficial.

What do you all make of the FBI on the case? Do you think they believe she has left the state? Could they be involved because of all the internet activity?

momrids6
11-02-2012, 09:58 PM
All in all, it just seems to be one big circle. Getting clear information has proven difficult, and there are a lot of rumors and blaming.

What do you all make of the FBI on the case? Do you think they believe she has left the state? Could they be involved because of all the internet activity?

What I'm thinking is- why haven't they found her yet? The FBI can't get teen girls to talk? All teen girls do is talk. I imagine a few attorneys are making some $ at the moment. I hope there is more going on behind the scenes than there seems to be....

RDGirl
11-02-2012, 10:10 PM
What I'm thinking is- why haven't they found her yet? The FBI can't get teen girls to talk? All teen girls do is talk. I imagine a few attorneys are making some $ at the moment. I hope there is more going on behind the scenes than there seems to be....

It seems like nothing is being done & everyone has given up so they've resorted to finger pointing & hoping aloud. I hope the FBI is still actively involved & I hope someone will put more pressure on L.E. because it feels so stagnant at this point. She's not even on many missing persons websites! It's crazy how little attention this is getting, it breaks my heart.

Thank you so much for posting, and I hope you're right & L.E. is like the duck on the pond analogy (calm on the surface, but paddling like heck below). It makes me sad to read that after 4 months they still aren't sure about the car (or anything else).

momrids6
11-02-2012, 10:32 PM
I have been looking, but not posting- because there is nothing new out there. I don't use Twitter. I can barely deal with FB....
She looks just like my niece. I think almost anyone would realize that a social 16 yr old girl who has not used any social media is a big red flag. I would suggest to someone who knows the family or is willing to talk to them- to get in touch with CUE.

Salem
11-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Some things that can still be done. First plaster the town with flyers. I think Dad said in an article back on page 1 that his employer was willing to print flyers. That needs to get going, if it has not already been done.

Skylar also needs to be put into NamUs. I'll see about getting that done.

Praying Skylar comes home soon :(

Salem

ETA: The family should go to this site and get Skylar added: https://www.findthemissing.org/en

Does anyone have a Twitter account where they can post the message to get Skylar added to NamUs at the link? That would be really helpful.

RR0004
11-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Have there been no organized searches for Skylar?

fabvab
11-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Any word on Skylar? Hoping to hear something!

mlchilson
11-04-2012, 02:20 AM
I was one of those teens who did this a lot...my poor parents. Never, not once when sneaking out of my window or the front/back door did I ever intend to stay gone. It was always to go hang out for an hour maybe two. Then it would get late or when I got home something made me think my parents knew or I fell asleep wherever I was. Anyhow because I wasn't planning to run away when I left my house I certainly didn't take things with me. I often wore flip flops because I could easily take them on and off to make less noise while sneaking around the house. My friends not only covered for me but would make up complete lies to help keep me out of trouble. I even went from Colorado to Chicago at 15 and from Colorado to Arizona then California one time at 16. It was not unusual for me to be gone for weeks at a time.

Now my thinking at these young ages was well...not great to say the least. When I missed curfew, fell asleep, suspected my parents knew I snuck out...etc....I in turn got scared a figured I was in big trouble gonna be grounded or something. So I would just stay gone. I wasn't in very much trouble when getting home because my parent were too worried or whatever to really punish me once they found me.

As for the out of state trips I took...at 15 my boyfriend talked me in to going to Chicago with him.

Then at 16 this same boy talked me in to driving us to Arizona then 2 weeks later we went on to California. at 16 I got pregnant with this same boy who dumped at 7mo pregnant and took off for Chicago and now 17 years later has never met his son whom I gave birth to at 17 with my father as my coach instead of the guy who claimed he loved me, wanted to marry me...blah blah blah...and I was dumb enough to believe him.

So while in our intelligent adult minds it would seem impossible that this girl did this on her own free will...it really isn't all that far fetched.

When I was 13 I had a friend who was 15 that ran away to Mexico with her 22 yo Mexican national boyfriend and got married.

In hoping that this is the case for this young if her or her friends are reading this ...please just go home to your family. All of the rules at home are much easier to deal with than figuring out where your next meal is coming from or how you will get clean clothes and makeup...it is much better to be surrounded by the ones who truly love you.

Public_Hysteria
11-04-2012, 10:54 PM
I think I'm leaning more towards her being dropped off down the road from her house so she could meet up with someone else. I don't believe it was so her parents didn't hear the noise of her friends car, seeing as she was picked up only an hour earlier from the front of her house. I don't know whether her friend knows she was meeting up with someone else or not, it's possible Skylar kept it a secret (she may not have been ready to share with her friends yet), perhaps he was an older boy?

MOO

Sparky
11-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I came in here to see if I could help. Seems like there isn't much news in the media. Everything I found was old.

I did find mom's FB acct last night, and it seems a little strange, to me anyways. There is also a open letter on it from dad. If I'm allowed to post the page I will, but I'll wait on a mod to let me know.

Also, I have posted the missing flier on my FB page. I'm not from WV, but my family is and it will feed to their friends I hope.

Wanting2Help
11-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Some things that can still be done. First plaster the town with flyers. I think Dad said in an article back on page 1 that his employer was willing to print flyers. That needs to get going, if it has not already been done.

Skylar also needs to be put into NamUs. I'll see about getting that done.

Praying Skylar comes home soon :(

Salem

ETA: The family should go to this site and get Skylar added: https://www.findthemissing.org/en

Does anyone have a Twitter account where they can post the message to get Skylar added to NamUs at the link? That would be really helpful.

I have a twitter account but I don't use it at all. I'm not sure really how it works. Where should I post the message about getting Skylar added to NamUs? I tried tweeting to her but it doesn't show up publicly...

Salem
11-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Hi Wanting2Help - I have no idea. I don't twitter.. LOL so I don't know how it works at all.

Anyone else have any ideas on the twitter part?

Salem

Patience
11-07-2012, 08:16 PM
This is heartbreaking that Skyler Neese has not been found. I hope and pray that she will be found safe.

Skylar Earl Neese: 9/12/12 Age 16, Missing Since 7/7/12 - Video Dailymotion

tlcya
11-07-2012, 08:43 PM
I have a twitter account but haven't actively tweeted.

For those unfamiliar with tweeting, it is very similar to FB in the following ways:

On FB you "friend" people who then can see your status updates. The moe friends you have the more people see you updates.

On twitter you "follow" people and people "follow" you. Different than FB in that you may follow people who do not in turn follow you. So on twitter what matters is how many followers you have as far as who sees your tweets.

Similar to FB and your ability to "share" or pass along to your friends the posts of your other friends, on twitter you can "retweet" the tweets of people you follow and those who follow you can retweet or pass along your tweets enabling their followers to see that specific tweet.

Lastly, like FB, you can post links to articles, other sites, etc.

I hope all that made sense. Pardon the typos, tablet typing is not my strong suit.

As I said, I don't really twet much lately but Salem if you need anything specific tweeted o linked regarding this case, feel free to let me know.

Sparky
11-07-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm going to post mom's FB and if it shouldn't be here, please remove. Thanks! This is where I found the open letter.

I thought it was from dad, but maybe not.

https://www.facebook.com/meneese1?ref=ts&fref=ts

momrids6
11-08-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm going to post mom's FB and if it shouldn't be here, please remove. Thanks! This is where I found the open letter.

I thought it was from dad, but maybe not.

https://www.facebook.com/meneese1?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thank you for the link. Is anyone else very concerned about all of the "death of a loved one"
quotes on this page? IMO- that may be why we are not seeing searches..:(

carole
11-08-2012, 07:06 AM
I came in here to see if I could help. Seems like there isn't much news in the media. Everything I found was old.

I did find mom's FB acct last night, and it seems a little strange, to me anyways. There is also a open letter on it from dad. If I'm allowed to post the page I will, but I'll wait on a mod to let me know.

Also, I have posted the missing flier on my FB page. I'm not from WV, but my family is and it will feed to their friends I hope.

BBM

What seems strange to you?

Sparky
11-08-2012, 12:38 PM
BBM

What seems strange to you?

I can't put my finger on it. Probably just me, But sometimes I think, they think she just ran away and then other times it seems they make think she is not with us anymore. jmo

Sparky
11-08-2012, 02:06 PM
A few photos here.

https://twitter.com/i/#!/hiighasthe_sky/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FLzMrg4nx

I wonder if her parents knew she was into pot? I've been following a few twitter accts and I have to say they are interesting.

I'm not sure how much I can post, but if you go to mom's FB and see a post addressed to MB dated 10/28 and follow her twitter. It is interesting, because MB seems to know some things.

StormyNights
11-08-2012, 04:16 PM
A few photos here.

https://twitter.com/i/#!/hiighasthe_sky/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FLzMrg4nx

I wonder if her parents knew she was into pot? I've been following a few twitter accts and I have to say they are interesting.

I'm not sure how much I can post, but if you go to mom's FB and see a post addressed to MB dated 10/28 and follow her twitter. It is interesting, because MB seems to know some things.

Wowza, that twitter by MB is something else...hope LE is looking into that! Crazy! MOO

momrids6
11-09-2012, 02:03 AM
A few photos here.

probably the synthetic crap from the head shops...

Public_Hysteria
11-09-2012, 02:36 AM
I can't put my finger on it. Probably just me, But sometimes I think, they think she just ran away and then other times it seems they make think she is not with us anymore. jmo

I wonder if maybe they go through phases... Maybe sometimes they want to believe that she's alive somewhere out there, and there is still a possibility that she will make it home, but other times they think that if she were still alive she would have contacted them or come home by now.

:moo:

sadnpod
11-09-2012, 07:42 AM
I thought when this thread was first posted that she was another runaway and would show up sooner rather than later. That, of course, has not happened.

I think the friend who dropped her off "down the street" knows more than what she is telling. Thanks so much everyone for all the links, especially the twitter accounts. After reading them, and seeing how well she was doing in school, combined with how long she has been gone.. I am very concerned for her. It does not appear that she planned on running away, only a sneak out. Also her tweets and the way she was so down right before she left concern me. Added to that, the posts on her mom's fb scare the wits outta me. Who would post (what appear to be RIP messages) on her mothers fb without proof she had passed? I cant imagine doing that if you were unsure if she were alive or dead.

It does appear to be a "mean girls club" in this group.. and I think at least one of them had hurt her feelings, and she was being left out of the group lately.

The twitter acct mentioned earlier calls out alot of her friends, this fiesty tweeter certainly has alot to say.. and I tend to believe in her attitude.

Skyler... where are you????? I no longer think you are missing on purpose.. please come home!

Sparky
11-09-2012, 09:03 AM
I thought when this thread was first posted that she was another runaway and would show up sooner rather than later. That, of course, has not happened.

I think the friend who dropped her off "down the street" knows more than what she is telling. Thanks so much everyone for all the links, especially the twitter accounts. After reading them, and seeing how well she was doing in school, combined with how long she has been gone.. I am very concerned for her. It does not appear that she planned on running away, only a sneak out. Also her tweets and the way she was so down right before she left concern me. Added to that, the posts on her mom's fb scare the wits outta me. Who would post (what appear to be RIP messages) on her mothers fb without proof she had passed? I cant imagine doing that if you were unsure if she were alive or dead.

It does appear to be a "mean girls club" in this group.. and I think at least one of them had hurt her feelings, and she was being left out of the group lately.

The twitter acct mentioned earlier calls out alot of her friends, this fiesty tweeter certainly has alot to say.. and I tend to believe in her attitude.

Skyler... where are you????? I no longer think you are missing on purpose.. please come home!

BBM

I think this is what I was trying to get at in one of my posts above. I agree with your statement regarding the FB page. If this were my daughter, I don't think I'd be posting RIP photos on my FB. I would want to be d*mn sure my daughter was no longer with us, before I did that. Unless, mom is hoping to break someone in the group :waitasec:

When I first started reading these twitter accts, my thought was the TV show Pretty Little Liars. I have to agree with you on the bold. I've only seen the show a couple of times and what I saw, I didn't care for. The girls are very mean and will do anything to cover their butts. Following one, the show is mentioned a couple of times. Also mentioned several times is how sick the person is to their stomach.

I'm hoping someone will eventually give up what's happened to Skylar, so she can be brought home.

jmo

RDGirl
11-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Sorry I've been so MIA lately (my job is pretty intense), but I'm SO happy to see so many people on this page (and so much new activity)!

About the MB Twitter account: Check out her Followers, and it will lead you to JS, HF & RH. These are the 4 Twitter accounts I mentioned a while ago. They seem to exist solely to call-out Skylar's friends (SE and SA specifically). I don't have a lot of time before work, so I wasn't able to look at mom's Facebook in depth, but I certainly plan to look this weekend.

Thank you all so much again! Definitely lots of interesting things happening here.

No Stone Unturned
11-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Is anyone familiar with the show (or books they are based on) called Pretty Little Liars? I see some similarities here.

Sparky
11-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Is anyone familiar with the show (or books they are based on) called Pretty Little Liars? I see some similarities here.

BBM

I agree, I've noticed that also. I've also noticed the show has been mentioned in tweets.

sadnpod
11-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Sorry I've been so MIA lately (my job is pretty intense), but I'm SO happy to see so many people on this page (and so much new activity)!

About the MB Twitter account: Check out her Followers, and it will lead you to JS, HF & RH. These are the 4 Twitter accounts I mentioned a while ago. They seem to exist solely to call-out Skylar's friends (SE and SA specifically). I don't have a lot of time before work, so I wasn't able to look at mom's Facebook in depth, but I certainly plan to look this weekend.

Thank you all so much again! Definitely lots of interesting things happening here.

THANK YOU for this post Sparky! :rocker: Getting lost in the pits of twitter is even worse than the pits of FB!!! :banghead:

preciousjule34
11-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi all, I joined WS about a month ago, but have never posted. I have read all the TOS & help boards, but please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong :)

Anyway, I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I was born & raised in Morgantown, WV (of which Star City is part) and I went to the same high school as the missing girl. The town is the home of WVU which is a very well known "party school." I was in the "popular" crowd at University High, and while drinking and marijuana were very widely used, it was never a school with a large number of students using heavy drugs. High school students in Morgantown regularly go to college night clubs and party in wooded areas on small roads on the outskirts of town.

At first, I had the same question as No Stone Unturned, "why only an hour?" However, given what she was wearing, it doesn't sound like she was going to a party or a club or to meet a boy. Flip flops are not a good choice for a party in the woods, and they aren't allowed in a lot of the clubs/bars in town. Also, if she was meeting a boy, I assume it's someone she liked but wasn't in a relationship with (as no boyfriend was mentioned). If a 16y/o is going to go to the trouble of sneaking out to meet a boy, she's probably going to put more effort into an outfit.

From the posts on her Twitter feed, it sounds like she was going through something and maybe just wanted to talk with a friend, drive around, etc. Either way, I think the friend is the major key here. In one of the first articles it said the friends were not being helpful, which is very disconcerting.

Concerning the publicity of her disappearance, WVU is the major source of income for Morgantown (along with the liquid generics company Mylan Pharm.). Crime is not something that is widely publicized as the town likes to present a "clean & wholesome" image to prospective students. Unfortunately, I am not surprised by the lack of coverage. There are no TV stations in Morgantown, and the town newspaper the Dominion Post is not the type of hard hitting journalism you see in other cities.

As always, you guys are amazing, and I hope we can get some information soon. I know this is a cliche, but things like this just don't happen at my old high school, and I hope the family gets Skyler back safe.
If you remember back to that week and the weekend following, it was unusually hot. I'm talking mid 90's. So I think shorts and flip flops are exactly what I would've had on. As for the comment about heavy drugs not being used that much, as much as I hate to think about it, heroin is becoming a bigger and bigger problem in this area. Just some things to keep in mind.

sadnpod
11-09-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't see any heavy drug use alluded to in their tweets. Weed.. yes, alcohol as well, and its not like they even try to hide it.

Sparky
11-09-2012, 07:31 PM
I wear flip flops all the time. Even in winter, unless it's really cold, and that's hardly ever here in the South. lol I would wear them in the woods.

I did notice there was a reference to a cabin party and should this person have another. I can't remember what date, I'll go back and look.

Regarding drugs, all I saw was pot and there's drinking. I'm still leaning towards a Girl's Club and covering each others backs. jmo

Sparky
11-09-2012, 07:36 PM
THANK YOU for this post Sparky! :rocker: Getting lost in the pits of twitter is even worse than the pits of FB!!! :banghead:

LOL that wasn't my post, but I agree I did get lost in the pits of twitter. Do you know who or what those tag things are? Like #igetlost for instance? (that's just an example) And then you click it and it goes somewhere else? Who creates those #? I'm still learning and I was all over the place this morning. lol
And then you go back to the page you were on and you have to start all over again. :banghead:

Sparky
11-09-2012, 09:42 PM

SA has a BF, ZC who has not once mentioned Skylar. Nothing. On July 7, he tweeted he was going to Myrtle Beach, SC the next morning. He was back on the 22nd. In between those dates he tweeted a couple of times and from his tweets it seems he's not happy. jmo

ETA: SA tweeted on July 7, she was coming home from MB.

I feel like I'm talking to myself in here. :talker: lol

sadnpod
11-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Sparky.. every one of your last posts, I could have written. I have no idea what those hash marks mean.. someone please help! I too wear flip flops all year, and for winter I wear flip flop socks with them. I quit going to the hash marks and stayed on the one feed for (ever).. then went back to the hash marks and got lost again and forgot how I got there. Same thing happens when I go to friends on fb, I end up forgetting whose fb I started with!

sadnpod
11-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Sorry Rdgirl.. it was your post I was thankful for! THANK YOU~

RDGirl
11-10-2012, 10:34 AM
You're welcome, sadnpod! Glad to be of help.

And along that vein, here's the rundown on Twitter:

LINGO:
Tweet: A post. When you say something on Twitter, you "Tweet it"
Tweep: Twitter "peeps," or people.
Twit: A person who uses Twitter.
RT: Retweet (see below item 3)
FF: Follow Friday. This is where users suggest people for their followers to follow. Also a way for users to give each other "props" for having good content
TBT: Throwback Thursday. This is usually used in the context of someone posting an old photo & is a fairly new trend on Twitter.
@: See items 5 & 6
#: See item 7

GENERAL:
1. The people you follow on Twitter show up on your "home page" just like Facebook. Everything they "Tweet" will be shown there.
2. Similarly, everything you "Tweet" shows up on the home page of your followers.
3. People can "Retweet" others. This way, you can share something someone has said with your followers. This is sometimes used in the way the Facebook "like" is used.
4. You can also "Favorite" a Tweet, which will then show up in a list of your "favorites." You can view a users favorite tweets by clicking on "Favorites" toward the top left of the twitter page (on the web, phone apps are set up differently)
5. An @ symbol is followed by a username. When someone uses the @ symbol, they are "talking" to someone else.
6. If you click a tweet to "expand" it, you can see who has retweeted or responded to that specific tweet. If two users are tweeting back and forth with the @ symbol, you will see their entire conversation.
7. The # you see in front of words creates a "Tag." These Tags then create "Trending Topics." If you see a Tweet that has used a hashtag (#), you can click on that tag and see all the tweets using the same tag. This is often useful with news items. For instance, If you want to see what people are saying about Hurricane Sandy, you can use your search bar (top of page) to type "Sandy" or "HurricaneSandy," and all the tweets with those Tags will be displayed. People also use these as a funny aside. For instance, if you tweet "Just fell down the stairs," you may add #ClumsyGirlProblems to add some amusement and so other people with similarly klutzy lives can see your tweet. There are popular hashtags, like #HumbleBrag, #FirstWorldProblems, #Sh--NooneSays (with the expletive used) etc.
8. Trending Topics are things a lot of people are talking about. If you click "# Discover" at the top of your Twitter webpage, it will take you to a page of trending topics & news that may be important to you (given who you follow or what you tweet). On this page, the "Trending Topics" are listed to the left in the "trends" box. You can click these trends and see the tweets that have used them.

That's all I can think of for now. As you can probably tell, I love Twitter and have used it for about 4 years now, so if you ever need any help understanding Twitter, I'll try to do my best to explain. I hope this helps you all to use Twitter more effectively, because it really is a remarkable tool.

RDGirl
11-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Oh, also, just an idea. If you right-click a link, you can choose to "Open Link in New Tab," this way, you'll still have your original page, but you can also explore other leads. This should help with the getting lost. It'll give you a trail. If you're like me though, you'll end up with like 20 tabs haha

Skully
11-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I haven't followed this thread at all until today. I don't know if this was or is being done, but she had a job at a fast food place. I know kids that worked these places and I think they should also concentrate on her co workers. How many times have we heard teenagers say, "I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to get him or her in trouble."? Lots of younger girls meet older guys at these jobs, not just costomers, but also co workers, managers, well you get it. Many SO work jobs to be around the age group they want to hit on. We have probably all heard about the Boy Scouts scandel by now, don't forget Penn State, and so on. I think she could have mentioned to someone that she was sneaking out, and they could have waited or agreed to hook up. If it was a face-to-face discussion, it won't be on any tweet or FB.

Sparky
11-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I found the transcript of JVM.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And then she went out with some friends. Now, I understand there may have been up to three girls. And they brought her back. What did those girls say about what they were doing, who they might have been hanging out with, and what your daughter`s mood was?

D. NEESE: Right. No, we don`t. We`ve actually -- the police have checked every avenue. They went to her work. They went to her school. They went to all her friends. They went to all the people she works with. And it`s turning up empty everywhere. I mean, totally empty.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/12/ijvm.01.html

How did Skylar hook up with these girls? Were they texting, on the phone with each other or what?

Skully
11-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I just don't understand what happens to all of these woman and girls????? We have so many threads and these woman seem to just drop off the face of the earth. The ones that are found, dead, are usually found soon after they are missing and in most cases it is a stranger to stranger abduction and kill. In some of the cases it is someone known to them and the body is found close by where the perp or the victim lives. These cases that are solved, where they are never found or it takes years to find the body, are usually someone close to them. I am just thinking of crimes we have blogged about here and have been solved recently. So she is gone now 4 months, no signs of struggle, like a shoe found or any personal belongings along the road, or anything like that. She took nothing with her. Her phone and purse, not found. Or did she have a purse? When did the phone last ping, what area? I really feel she ran into someone on her way back to the house. Either it was a planned hook up or he suprised her. The only other thing is that three friends, know what happened and they are keeping the secret. Not much else to go on.

sadnpod
11-11-2012, 05:57 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU RDGIRL!!!

I guess its time to face it.. I can't sleuth if I don't twitter.

Sparky
11-11-2012, 08:15 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU RDGIRL!!!

I guess its time to face it.. I can't sleuth if I don't twitter.

LOL :floorlaugh: I'm twittered out.

Seriously tho, when you read these accts, the first couple of days, it's where are you, please come home. And then you see nothing for weeks and then someone throws it out there again. It's like outta sight outta mind. Really sad!

So where is Skylar?

ETA: you don't have to have a acct to follow. hth :)

sadnpod
11-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Me too Sparky! I've had migraines over fb.. this is worse. Its like shes just an afterthought now to what were suppose to be her besties. I don't get it.

preciousjule34
11-12-2012, 04:52 PM
SA was from what I hear on a cruise or out of town when Skylar disappeared, but something interesting SA goes to school out in Blacksville which is "out in the country" and SE used to go to school in Blacksville.

sadnpod
11-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Welcome Preciousjule34! Im lost on the initials. Are these friends... can ya give me a hint.. like rhymes with....? TIA

Sparky
11-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Welcome Preciousjule34! Im lost on the initials. Are these friends... can ya give me a hint.. like rhymes with....? TIA

I'm not Jules, but yes they are. They are a couple of twitter accts we've been following. They are on Skylar's acct. HTH

Sparky
11-13-2012, 08:01 AM
SA was from what I hear on a cruise or out of town when Skylar disappeared, but something interesting SA goes to school out in Blacksville which is "out in the country" and SE used to go to school in Blacksville.

Welcome!

From what I understand, by reading twitter accts. SA was in SC and SE left the next day after SA got back. At least this is what I gathered from trying to read the accts.

Could you elaborate on the school thing? I guess I don't understand what's so interesting about them going to separate schools. Thanks so much!

Skully
11-14-2012, 08:08 AM

Do you think they knew eachother when SE went to school there?

preciousjule34
11-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Do you think they knew eachother when SE went to school there?
Yes, I do think they probably knew each other. The reason I posted they both had gone to school in the Blacksville area was because someone earlier had guessed that she may have been going to a party in the "woods" and Blacksville is in the "woods".

preciousjule34
11-14-2012, 10:32 AM
I wear flip flops all the time. Even in winter, unless it's really cold, and that's hardly ever here in the South. lol I would wear them in the woods.

I did notice there was a reference to a cabin party and should this person have another. I can't remember what date, I'll go back and look.

Regarding drugs, all I saw was pot and there's drinking. I'm still leaning towards a Girl's Club and covering each others backs. jmo
Did you ever find out any detail's about the cabin party? Also if it was a party, they may have experimented with new drugs that are very available if you want them.

Sparky
11-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Did you ever find out any detail's about the cabin party? Also if it was a party, they may have experimented with new drugs that are very available if you want them.

This is all I found on a party.

From July 8-22 ZC was in SC. Aug 7 wants to have another "cabin party", Aug 23 wants to party, Aug 26 feels a "cabin homecoming party coming on" House party on Sept 2.

Again, going thru all those tweets, no mention of Skylar. :(

preciousjule34
11-14-2012, 02:20 PM
This is all I found on a party.

From July 8-22 ZC was in SC. Aug 7 wants to have another "cabin party", Aug 23 wants to party, Aug 26 feels a "cabin homecoming party coming on" House party on Sept 2.

Again, going thru all those tweets, no mention of Skylar. :(
And is it just me, or does it appear that SE and SA have deleted all their old tweets. Also another twitter to look at is RS.

No Stone Unturned
11-15-2012, 09:09 AM
I *think* I have gone through all of the friends' twitter accounts. But, I don't feel any closer to discovering what happened to Skylar.

So, back to my original ideas:

The friend never brought her back because she overdosed and the friend(s) panicked and disposed of her.

Or, the friend dropped her off like she stated and Skylar met with foul play immediately.

StormyNights
11-15-2012, 10:42 AM
I have been following the tweets of MB. Mom has made specific mention of this person on her Facebook. She certainly is causing a stir and has said some pretty interesting things. I sure hope, once again, that LE is looking into this MB person. She sure seems to know what happened and who is playing "Pretty Little Liars" and even calls them out on it. Very strange. Skylar, where are you???

RDGirl
11-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Happy weekend to all!

I've spent my Friday night reading the dueling Facebooks for Skylar & I think I figured out part of the family feud. Hopefully this won't be too confusing using initials:

As we have been talking about, there is a Twitter page (MB) that Skylar's mom talked about. One of MB's followers on Twitter is JS. JS's most recent tweet mentions JWS being part of the "pretty little liars" gang with Skylar's friends (presumably SE & SA).

JWS is related to Skylar's father & runs one of the "Team Skylar" Facebook pages. It seems JWS believes Skylar has run away and is in hiding (but is safe). JWS seems to believe that Skylar has run away because of some kind of issue with her parents. JWS also seems to imply that the parents are not being up front with police (which has been stated by L.E. in news reports).

The other Team Skylar Facebook page is run by Skylar's parents, & the general consensus over there is that Skylar has met with foul play and may not be alive. That Facebook page seems to blame the friends (who have also been accused of being less than truthful in news reports).

It looks like the dueling theories have caused a serious familial rift and there is a LOT of turmoil and negativity happening (including many threats to sue each other over slander).

JWS apparently works for the DOJ, and claims to be working closely with law enforcement. She says she will share what she knows with anyone who sends her a private message on Facebook (she refuses to post the information on the public page because it has not yet been released by LE). Her Facebook page has thousands of members (and countless others who follow without joining), and she says she has received many leads which she has given to LE. Has anyone spoken to JWS? Would anyone be willing to speak with her?

The MB & JS Twitter pages clearly side with the parents & blame the friends. Do we think these anonymous Twitter profiles are family or family friends? I assumed at first that they were created by kids to be cruel, but I'm no longer getting that feeling. The MB user, specifically, uses terrible slangy grammar typical of kids, but not in a consistent way. It looks like whoever is using that profile is intentionally attempting to sound young (or different from their natural "voice"), and occasionally reverts back to normal language.

Just some thoughts as I try to sift through the tar pit of Social Media (since main-stream media accounts of this case are slim-to-none).

michellemarls
11-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Happy weekend to all!

I've spent my Friday night reading the dueling Facebooks for Skylar & I think I figured out part of the family feud. Hopefully this won't be too confusing using initials:

As we have been talking about, there is a Twitter page (MB) that Skylar's mom talked about. One of MB's followers on Twitter is JS. JS's most recent tweet mentions JWS being part of the "pretty little liars" gang with Skylar's friends (presumably SE & SA).

JWS is related to Skylar's father & runs one of the "Team Skylar" Facebook pages. It seems JWS believes Skylar has run away and is in hiding (but is safe). JWS seems to believe that Skylar has run away because of some kind of issue with her parents. JWS also seems to imply that the parents are not being up front with police (which has been stated by L.E. in news reports).

The other Team Skylar Facebook page is run by Skylar's parents, & the general consensus over there is that Skylar has met with foul play and may not be alive. That Facebook page seems to blame the friends (who have also been accused of being less than truthful in news reports).

It looks like the dueling theories have caused a serious familial rift and there is a LOT of turmoil and negativity happening (including many threats to sue each other over slander).

JWS apparently works for the DOJ, and claims to be working closely with law enforcement. She says she will share what she knows with anyone who sends her a private message on Facebook (she refuses to post the information on the public page because it has not yet been released by LE). Her Facebook page has thousands of members (and countless others who follow without joining), and she says she has received many leads which she has given to LE. Has anyone spoken to JWS? Would anyone be willing to speak with her?

The MB & JS Twitter pages clearly side with the parents & blame the friends. Do we think these anonymous Twitter profiles are family or family friends? I assumed at first that they were created by kids to be cruel, but I'm no longer getting that feeling. The MB user, specifically, uses terrible slangy grammar typical of kids, but not in a consistent way. It looks like whoever is using that profile is intentionally attempting to sound young (or different from their natural "voice"), and occasionally reverts back to normal language.

Just some thoughts as I try to sift through the tar pit of Social Media (since main-stream media accounts of this case are slim-to-none).

Excellent post and very informative. I didn't know about the conflicting fb pages with differing views. Interesting, i am off to work out who some of these initials belong to haha.

RDGirl
11-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Just so no one is confused. I totally got the initials wrong. It is not JWS, it is JWH. sorry about that!

Sparky
11-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Just so no one is confused. I totally got the initials wrong. It is not JWS, it is JWH. sorry about that!

I spent the better part of last night reading that FB. I wish I'd put my boots on before I waded in there. lol

I haven't even attempted the other FB yet. I did see where SA and SE posted in the beginning and haven't since. It seems, as you said there is a rift going on between JWH and DN.

If JWH had only met Skylar once, I don't understand why she would take it upon herself to admin this FB acct. The accusations she is throwing out there are something else and she and DN are cousins.

Also, in reading, it was said Skylar was seen in the area of some woods and she ran off when approached. There was also a bunch going in on horses to search and LE told them they would not be needed.

I also read somewhere Skylar was an only child, but in reading last nite she has a 1/2 sister and they both have the same dad.

There is so much mud slinging going on, it has now turned away from Skylar. So sad!

RDGirl
11-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Here's a recent article on the case: http://wajr.com/common/more.php?m=15&r=1&item_id=2021
This quote from it is the only thing I found interesting:
"'Really we have no idea at this point,' Propst (Star City police chief) said. 'We know no crime occurred in Star City expect (sic) the runaway. That's why we are still working closely with State Police and the FBI.'"

Very interesting that they don't think there was foul play involved in her disappearance from Star City. Granted, that still leaves something happening after she disappeared that has prevented her from coming home, but this is a very interesting comment from L.E.

RDGirl
11-20-2012, 07:52 PM
I was just looking at the public Team Skylar Facebook page, and a family member (RW) said that Skylar's father viewed security tapes at a local Sheetz (gas station) & said he was "pretty sure" he saw Skylar at the gas station. There are 2 Sheetz stations in Morgantown, and both are close to Star City. One station is right across a bridge from Star City in a very small town called "Granville" and right by the exit/entrance to the interstate (I79) & the other is near the football stadium on Chestnut Ridge Road (across from the road that leads to Mon General Hospital). This sighting (according to Facebook) was nearly one month after Skylar went missing (8/4).

There was also a sighting of Skylar at "a party in the woods" by a friend of the family. The police were called, but never showed up to that location.

In the same post that revealed the lead about the Sheetz camera, someone mentioned that Skylar had a prepaid cell phone. Since she was familiar with those phones, it seems very probable that she is currently using one if she has run away. They also mentioned her job and asked if she could have been squirreling away money. One family member shot down this idea, but it does seem plausible. I wonder how long she was working at Wendy's? How much money could she have saved working a minimum wage job with few bills to pay? Could she still have enough money 4 months later? If the sightings were Skylar, then she has to be staying with someone, so I wouldn't think she would need much money. Sorry, just rambling as I work this all out.

RDGirl
11-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Sorry, I just remembered there is a 3rd Sheetz station in an area known as Sabraton. That Sheetz station is very close to the entrance/exit ramps to interstate 68 (which will go to MD in one direction and lead to 79 and PA/Southern WV in the other).

RDGirl
11-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Facebook is a goldmine right now. Here are some updated comment summaries:

-JWH is claiming Skylar's father never showed up to review the Sheetz tapes (but it's possible he did it on his own without L.E.)
-Skylar did in fact have bills to pay (including cell phones) and was reportedly "stressed" about it
-Skylar had the cell phones cancelled before she disappeared (which is apparently why she didn't take it with her).
-A Flash drive was recovered from Skylar's room with information about how to run away/disappear without a trace

it's getting good over there. I'll keep you all up-to-date if any other tid bits come out.

Sparky
11-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Facebook is a goldmine right now. Here are some updated comment summaries:

-JWH is claiming Dave never showed up to review the Sheetz tapes (but it's possible he did it on his own without L.E.)
-Skylar did in fact have bills to pay (including cell phones) and was reportedly "stressed" about it
-Skylar had the cell phones cancelled before she disappeared (which is apparently why she didn't take it with her).
-A Flash drive was recovered from Skylar's room with information about how to run away/disappear without a trace

it's getting good over there. I'll keep you all up-to-date if any other tid bits come out.

I meant to ask you the other day if you'd heard about a flash drive. But I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. It was something about Dave having a flash drive and maybe Skylar saw what was on it, didn't like it and left. Interesting to say the least.

maureen718
11-20-2012, 08:26 PM
I can not find the facebook page for Skylar can someone point me to it?

RDGirl
11-20-2012, 08:29 PM
That does sound vaguely familiar, though I can't speak to it's accuracy. I will say there does seem to be a lot of weird commenting/suggesting about Skylar's father. Something seems off there, but maybe it's just the typical missing person, be suspicious of the family type thing. I wish the parents were more up front about why they're not being cooperative with L.E. Currently they just scream and yell if someone brings it up. Maybe they feel backed into a corner and accused instead of supported (which would be understandable), but it seems like all the defensiveness is distracting from finding the missing child. In short: it's all a mess!

Sparky
11-20-2012, 09:14 PM
I can not find the facebook page for Skylar can someone point me to it?

Here's one of them, run by a cousin.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/264558873649528/?ref=ts&fref=ts

RDGirl
11-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Some FB comments about the parents:

-6(ish) weeks into Skylar's disappearance, her mother reportedly cursed at police & hung up on them.
-Police reportedly noticed that Skylar's father would not be cooperative when asked for info, but constantly wanted info from the police. It is also reported that police suspected the info he DID give was to lead them astray.
-3wks into the investigation, police reportedly began limiting the info they gave to parents.

Not parent related but interesting:
-Skylar apparently had 3 cell phones for which she was paying. These are the phones that were cancelled before the disappearance. It is unclear if the pre-paid card she bought prior to disappearing was used on one of those phones or if it was used for a fourth, unidentified, phone.

Sparky
11-20-2012, 10:06 PM
This case is really strange. I went to mom's fb and she is highly po'd because there was a missing flyer created and she didn't approve it. Basically, she says if it's passed around she will sue anyone who passes it. :waitasec: I don't get it. If this were my child I'd gladly accept any and all help I could get. jmo

RDGirl
11-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Last post of the night as I have to go to bed to deal with family/getting the house ready tomorrow.

JWH (Skylar's cousin who works for the Dept. of Justice) claims to have an "in" with L.E. this is what she's saying L.E. has told her:

-There has been confusion in the press about the number of times Skylar left that night. According to JWH, L.E. says Skylar left ONCE. JWH claims L.E. stated (falsely) in the press that Skylar left twice to stop the harassment of Skylar's friend (presumably SE whose car matches the description).
-JWH is claiming that the "leaving twice" story came from Skylar's father, who falsely gave that information to the press & that L.E. has known/believed all along that she only left once. JWH claims that even after police told Skylar's father who she left with, he claimed to be in the dark and went public asking for help to identify the car.
-The reward money has been a BIG subject of contention. Someone (I can't remember who) on the public Facebook page claimed that the parents started the reward fund personally instead of going through proper channels to set it up with a 3rd party (this statement implied that the funds would not go entirely to a reward but that the parents were misappropriating the funds). This claim has resurfaced tonight on Facebook. JWH states that it is possible the money is being spent for the parents recreation as well as on this new half-sibling we recently heard about. She also claims that the family did not want the total amount of the reward released publicly or in print (which seems extremely counter-productive and odd).
-There have been multiple sightings in the Sabraton area (this is the location of the Sheetz store I forgot about, and there is also a Wendy's in Sabraton, though I do not know at which location Skylar worked).

Please keep in mind the familial rift that has been discussed. JWH clearly has a strained relationship with Skylar's parents. Whether this information is true or not, that definitely needs to be kept in mind as she is the source of a lot of the Facebook info.

And I'm done for the night. Happy sleuthing and Happy Thanksgiving <3

RDGirl
11-20-2012, 10:26 PM
K I lied, going to address the flyer debacle before bed:

Skylar's mom is upset with the chief of the Star City Police Dept. Some of this anger comes from the police not giving the family info (and because they don't give the family info, the family assumes they aren't doing anything). Another source of contention is the fact that Skylar is listed as a "Runaway" and not a "Missing Person," or endangered.

On the flyer, the chief's name (Vic Probst) is listed as the contact for those with information. This has apparently made Skylar's mother completely irate.

K, bed for real!

Sparky
11-20-2012, 10:52 PM
K I lied, going to address the flyer debacle before bed:

Skylar's mom is upset with the chief of the Star City Police Dept. Some of this anger comes from the police not giving the family info (and because they don't give the family info, the family assumes they aren't doing anything). Another source of contention is the fact that Skylar is listed as a "Runaway" and not a "Missing Person," or endangered.

On the flyer, the chief's name (Vic Probst) is listed as the contact for those with information. This has apparently made Skylar's mother completely irate.

K, bed for real!

The flyer wasn't created by LE or anyone in the area. It was created by the person who's website is listed on it and they are from Daytona Beach. They created flyers for everyone missing or whatever. So, she is po'd, thinking it came from LE.

ETA: Happy Thanksgiving RDGirl!

tricket
11-26-2012, 09:17 PM
In the earlier post about remains found, did they ever discover if they were her or not?

tricket
11-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Cabell County Sheriff's deputies are investigating human skeletal remains found on Wire Branch Road in Ona, WV.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/19875360/human-remains-found-in-ona-wv

There's no reason to expect this is Skylar, but thought I'd make everyone aware of it just in case.

ETA: These two cities are almost 200 miles apart.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&gl=us&daddr=Star+City,+WV&saddr=Ona,+WV&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=KcWsThOdqkiIMcm6wIAveu64%3BKbGE2pFxezWIMaF MwjoltE8m&ei=HJSEUP_DJ8bL0AGwmICoBQ&ved=0CCAQ9w8wAA

this is the post I was referring to with the remains that were found

No Stone Unturned
11-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Whoa! A lot has happened on the Missing Skylar Facebook. Huge thank you to RDgirl for that. All of those cell phones and having them shut down and the flash drive with info on how to disappear without a trace... this poor girl ran away from something.

RDGirl
11-29-2012, 08:15 AM
I was in Morgantown yesterday and I found myself looking at the face of every young girl looking for Skylar. Also worth noting that when I was in town I didn't see a single flyer for Skylar. I'd hoped she would come home for the holidays, but so far we seem to be in the same place.

There was a post on the Seeking the Lost Facebook page that said there have been new developments and that there would be an announcement soon. This post has caused serious drama on the TeamSkylar<3 Facebook page & members of the family have said it is not true (though JWH has been very quiet about it's validity which is interesting to me). I guess all we can do is hope for the best!

MissSunshine
11-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Can someone please post a link for the Team Skylar<3 facebook?

preciousjule34
11-29-2012, 11:37 PM
TeamSkylar<3 http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/264558873649528/

RDGirl
12-01-2012, 09:36 AM
In the earlier post about remains found, did they ever discover if they were her or not?

They haven't yet identified the remains, but they think it's probably a missing adult male. There's actually a WS page about it if you'd like to read: WV WV - Ona - Skeletal Remains Found on Wire Branch Rd. - Oct'12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Veidt
12-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Can someone help me find the Pretty Little Liars twitters? I've watched the show and I know several people who watch it so I could try to decode the references. I have no idea if it's relevant because it could be someone messing with her friends.

The flash drive is suspicious. If she didn't take it with her, why would she need to save the files? Even if I am reading too much into it and she was only using them to plan her disappearance, someone who went to all the trouble of saving the pages to a drive would not just forget to take it with her or format it.

I doubt that the alcohol and weed were a huge deal. I'm a young adult and my younger relatives are in their teens. We're not interested in getting stoned, but in our collective experience there's always some at any given party or social gathering. Even among my stoner friends, very few people end up moving on to harder drugs. She was posting about it in public and had a good GPA so it does not seem likely that she was doing anything shady. The only correlation I can find with the case is that maybe something went wrong when Skylar went out with her friends.

Not parent related but interesting:
-Skylar apparently had 3 cell phones for which she was paying. These are the phones that were cancelled before the disappearance. It is unclear if the pre-paid card she bought prior to disappearing was used on one of those phones or if it was used for a fourth, unidentified, phone.

I'm not a phone expert but I believe that individual phones can be tracked down. I think their IMEI number is used. You can find your own IMEI number by typing a combination of numbers and symbols on your phone. If that is the only way to find hers then we kiss that goodbye. However, I've also heard that some providers include it in your contract papers. Whether providers keeps record of them also seems to vary by country because in the UK they were recently encouraging people to note their IMEIs and submit them to a database but Vodafone Australia has a page discussing stolen phones where they say that they can block a specific IMEI # but they never mention that costumers need to know it beforehand. I think that if you're on a contract or a pre-paid plan where your name is attached to your phone, your provider knows it's yours.

That quote says that she cancelled her phones (I assume she cancelled her SIM cards) so she wasn't using an unregistered device or cards. Her provider may have a record of her IMEI #s. If the FBI is involved it must have occurred to them to track it down. It sounds like she bought a new one.

sadnpod
12-03-2012, 02:33 AM
https://twitter.com/MiaBarr8

Abby Normal Again
12-03-2012, 03:54 AM
She has an instagram account to the same name as her twitter account. I didn't see anything too notable, but I'm not in the loop on this case.

Last post says 21 weeks ago.

ETA- a few bong/ber pictures. One photo where she mentions her tendency to overpack. She seems generally hapy, not a lot of apparent angst. Smiling photos, photos of her puppy, magazine covers.

Veidt
12-03-2012, 02:56 PM
https://twitter.com/MiaBarr8

I'm going through this now. Some things sound really suspicious and I'm trying to piece it together but I don't want to believe 100% that it is true. It could be a disgruntled classmate trying to bait Skylar's friends. Someone said that the style sounds like an older person trying hard to use teenager "lingo" and I have to agree but she could be using it ironically. I also don't know how someone older would be familiar with P!nk and Snoop Dogg unless one of Skylar's friends likes those artists and adults know that. That sounds too far-fetched though.

I'm trying to make a list of things that stand out, maybe it's just stating the obvious though.

Abby Normal Again
12-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Since I'm new to this case, can someone clue me in on the relevance of the MiaBarr twitter? I looked at it, but I couldn't make any sense of what I was looking at.

Veidt
12-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Since I'm new to this case, can someone clue me in on the relevance of the MiaBarr twitter? I looked at it, but I couldn't make any sense of what I was looking at.

MB's twitter tweeted a few things @ Skylar's friends implying that they aren't telling the whole truth. There are also other sock puppet accounts that appear to be linked to MB's (look at their "followers").

Veidt
12-03-2012, 04:13 PM
A brief re-cap and commentary of MB's tweets:

According to MB:

- She's a "party girl" who knows Skylar's friends. She mentions that she wants to be "BFFs" with them. Her tweets sound like she knows what happened to Skylar but has a bone to pick with Skylar's friends. She specifically singles out three of them.

- She retweets a P!nk tweet. I looked up the Full Moon nearest to Skylar's disappearance and it was on July 3. July 3 was the date when she was upset with her friends. There are some tweets from Skylar and her father mentions it in an interview (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/12/ijvm.01.html). He says that Skylar wasn't happy that she was going to be working on the 4th of July while her friends went partying. It is weird that she would be angry at them and not at her boss, parents, or co-workers if that was the reason. Maybe she used that as an excuse when she talked to her parents but there was a fight over something else (they refused to drop by her work or another thing entirely).

- Her tweets imply that Skylar has died and was buried in a western area of the county, presumably in the woods as she mentions hunting and hiking.

- Her "burydatbone" hashtag seems very ambiguous to me. It is a sexual phrase, but in light of the other tweets may refer to actual bones. Perhaps she is trying to imply that there was something sexual in whatever disagreement Skylar had with her friends (jealousy, a date gone wrong).

- She repeatedly implies that the people she is insulting are promiscuous.

- She implies that someone's parents are covering up for them.

- I looked up what was happening on PLL around the time of these tweets. This character was the prime suspect in Allison's murder. I don't know if that is relevant as it seems more likely that MB is implying that Skylar's friends know something but cannot reveal them or their own secrets will come out. Half of the time this is also related to sexual stuff, like characters dating people they are not supposed to be dating.

- MB's followers include 3 puppet accounts. HF, RH, and JS take digs at Skylar's friends (RH is the most aggressive). Their writing styles are different (RH uses "teenage lingo" while HF and JS are careful with spelling and grammar). MB has interacted with them all, especially JS.

The story is that this person is a fellow teenager who knows that Skylar died and was buried. This person knows that Skylar's friends were involved but are not coming forward to hide their own secrets.

I have my doubts that this person is authentic. If they know all these things about the case, why wouldn't they go to LE? That only fits in if they're another young person who is afraid of being targeted by others. If they're just shooting around accusations to see if they hit the mark, they are bringing up things that are too specific so that's a big risk. The writing style of some of their "followers" is very suspicious to me, mainly RH's because it sounds fake, like an older person trying to write like a teenager. Both MB and HF seem use "muggle" and "muggler" as a word with sexual connotations. It may be a regional trend but I have never heard them used in such a context. To me a "muggle" is a non-magic person in the Harry Potter series (or by extension, someone who does not practice geo-caching in the geo-caching world). I have heard that before HP, "muggler" was drug slang but I have never heard any younger people use it with that implication. Maybe they were trying to make a sexual innuendo based on HP but it sounds very non-sensical.

MB is "following" Justin Bieber. Why aren't they following other musicians? Are they trying to give people a clue about their identity? It seems off to me, like an older person trying to emulate what teenagers like. On the other hand, MB also seems to be RTing very specific tweets by other musicians. Either they did a quick check and were lucky that they found something they could use, or they may be following them on another account (this may rule out the hypothesis that it's someone older, because I'm not aware of many older people who know about P!nk). Another idea is that Skylar's friends like those artists and MB knows.

I don't suppose this will take us anywhere... this could be anyone with a grudge and too much spare time. LE really should get MB's IP from twitter and verify if it's a match for the IP of someone connected to Skylar or her friends.

RDGirl
12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
In response to the use of "muggle," the fake accounts (MB et all) are using this word in response to one of Skylar's friends (SA) who uses it very often. They only began to use the word recently, where SA has used it quite often for a while.

A lot of the RTs are musicians that Skylar's friends also RT (lil wayne is a common one). It's not unlikely that the fake accounts are retweeting artists that the friend's follow & also retweet.

I have to disagree about older people knowing Pink. She first became widely famous 12 years ago. Also, anyone who listens to top40 radio can get an idea who is popular. Plus, if it is an older person & they have kids (who ride in their cars & listen to the radio), it's not unlikely that they'd be familiar with famous artists. If it was someone more obscure I'd agree that it's probably a young person, but so far they're all very famous artists.

Also worth noting, Skylar's friends SE & RS have made their twitter accounts private in the past week or so (presumably because of the harassment from MB & other people).

The MB (and other) twitter accounts have been talked about on the public Team Skylar page, and the "leaders" on that page (who typically side with Skylar's friends, unlike her parents, her mother specifically has praised MB) have said that the friends are being harassed by anonymous people on Twitter & that the police are aware of it.

There was another fake twitter page (RH) which has not been active since Halloween. I wonder if maybe the talk of harassing the friends & LE getting involved scared that person away.

Veidt
12-03-2012, 07:33 PM
In response to the use of "muggle," the fake accounts (MB et all) are using this word in response to one of Skylar's friends (SA) who uses it very often. They only began to use the word recently, where SA has used it quite often for a while.

Thanks for clarifying! I suppose that it is a regional thing then.

A lot of the RTs are musicians that Skylar's friends also RT (lil wayne is a common one). It's not unlikely that the fake accounts are retweeting artists that the friend's follow & also retweet.

That makes sense... whoever MB is is a very dedicated person to follow (probably through another account) and dig through those musician's posts. They only seem to RT stuff that sounds like a hint so that must take 2x as much effort.

I have to disagree about older people knowing Pink. She first became widely famous 12 years ago. Also, anyone who listens to top40 radio can get an idea who is popular. Plus, if it is an older person & they have kids (who ride in their cars & listen to the radio), it's not unlikely that they'd be familiar with famous artists. If it was someone more obscure I'd agree that it's probably a young person, but so far they're all very famous artists.

Eh, by "older person" I meant someone in their 40's or 50's who doesn't lead a more "carefree" lifestyle. Most people I've ever met who pay any attention to P!nk and would follow her twitter are in the 10-30 something age range. My parents may have heard about her but to them she's just another weird name among many even though they could recognise her music from the radio. However, you're bringing up a good point... if this is someone with kids or someone who is very dedicated to maintaining this twitter it's not surprising. But this and all the other RTs could be based solely on the musical preferences of Skylar friends by someone trying to sound younger. I'd be worried if this is an adult so I almost want to believe that this is another kid trying to scare their classmates.

Also worth noting, Skylar's friends SE & RS have made their twitter accounts private in the past week or so (presumably because of the harassment from MB & other people).

The MB (and other) twitter accounts have been talked about on the public Team Skylar page, and the "leaders" on that page (who typically side with Skylar's friends, unlike her parents, her mother specifically has praised MB) have said that the friends are being harassed by anonymous people on Twitter & that the police are aware of it.

There was another fake twitter page (RH) which has not been active since Halloween. I wonder if maybe the talk of harassing the friends & LE getting involved scared that person away.

I hope the police looks into these twitters... the things they're saying are alarming and make me wonder if it's true and if it is, how does this person know so much. Do you have a link to her mother praising MB? No matter how much grief she's feeling it seems weird to me that she's be praising someone who directs very, very inappropriate attacks towards Skyler's friends. Hopefully she never bothered reading the whole thing.

RH only has 4 tweets and they're all from the same date, prompted by the same tweet by SA so I suspect someone who isn't a regular user created it just to reply to SA but forgot about it soon after.

By the way, RH seems to be a real person who knows Skylar's parents. I found this out from FB. Some of her FB "friends" are in extremely poor taste but that's neither here nor there and I don't want to break any rules.

RDGirl
12-04-2012, 07:45 PM
I just went back to Skylar's mother's (MEN) Facebook, and it looks like the comment about MB has been deleted (either that or I just can't see it). Unfortunately, Skylar's mom has not hidden her negative feelings about Skylar's friends, so it's not that weird that she'd praise MB for saying the things she's only hinted at. They seem to have very similar thoughts about the friends, but MB comes right out and says them.

Definitely going to look up RH! I always just assumed they were all aliases and didn't think to look for them on FB. Awesome catch!

Sparky
12-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Here is a petition someone has started and it gives a little run down on what happened. I'm not in any way asking anyone to sign it, just wanted to show what has been written.

Well, I don't know why it won't link, but if you go to

www.causes.com and look for PETITION to enact Skylar Neese's Law

RDGirl
12-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Awesome find, Sparky! Thanks so much for sharing!

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not (if so, sorry!), but there's a new Facebook page called Justice for Skylar. Unfortunately, it's not very active and doesn't have any new info, but it's always good to keep an eye on everything. It looks like this one is getting a lot of international attention as well.

Veidt
12-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Is it ok to post/link to comment that were posted in a public page, as long as I omit names?

In any case, I just checked out the Justice for Skylar Neese FB page. There are two comments by that page that strike me as relevant, one on the link to the STL page and another on the post with the Luke 8:17 quote. One of them is more of the same (about people may be hiding the truth of Skylar's whereabouts) but the other says that it seems that the friend who dropped her off didn't drop her off.

Sparky
12-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Is it ok to post/link to comment that were posted in a public page, as long as I omit names?

In any case, I just checked out the Justice for Skylar Neese FB page. There are two comments by that page that strike me as relevant, one on the link to the STL page and another on the post with the Luke 8:17 quote. One of them is more of the same (about people may be hiding the truth of Skylar's whereabouts) but the other says that it seems that the friend who dropped her off didn't drop her off.

No we can't do that, but what you've posted is ok and maybe a date it was posted.

Interesting...I'll go take a look.

ETA: It seems whoever is running that FB page may know the parents. I did notice it was mentioned Skylar is a only child, but she does have a 1/2 sister and I believe it's on Skylar's dads side.

You know while reading the petition, it was mentioned Skylar didn't take her contacts. If she was stressed over paying bills, cut 3 cells off, it's very possible she had this planned and and it's been in the works for sometime. She could always stash personal items away with someone or somewhere. I think it is very strange mom was upset because a missing poster has been circulated around the internet and "she didn't approve it" If this were my child, I wouldn't care as long as her face was out there.

I tend to believe Skylar is alive, and in hiding from her parents. But the big question is why?

Welcome to WS by the way! :)

Maddywv
12-05-2012, 09:05 AM
surprised Nancy Grace doesn't look into this case... sounds like a mystry she like to get into

preciousjule34
12-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Regarding MB, I don't think she is a person of interest for LE. Skylar's mom knows who this MB is. I think MB is just going off of things/rumors that have been said.

missrugby
12-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Bumping for Skylar. Where are you pretty girl???

missrugby
12-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Bumping

RDGirl
12-12-2012, 08:11 PM
A rumor was posted on the public Team Skylar page that the state police found a mobile phone that was "thrown from the car she was in." I don't know how valid this claim is, but if I hear any more about it I'll be sure to post.

When I was in Morgantown last week, I was speaking to my mom about the case & she mentioned that the family made a public plea not to call them with sightings & leads. I guess they were getting a lot of pranks & false leads & they came out in the media & pled for people to, essentially, leave them alone. Thought this was interesting.

Nothing else new that I know of. I hope you all are well.

ktgirl
12-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Has Skylar's family hired a PI?

rachaellouise
12-12-2012, 10:20 PM
It's sad that people think this is some kind of joke and may be pranking Skylars family. Ugh.

missrugby
12-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Mia Barr is talking about us "sleuthers" on twitter.

WV_Lady
12-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Mary Earl Neese (https://www.facebook.com/meneese1)

This is very lengthy but here it is: The time has come to tell the full Skylar story from beginning to end as we know it to this point. Please feel free to copy and paste this to your walls so everyone can share, share and share it again. We want this story to get to as many people and places as we can get it for full exposure. While doing this we would like to push the petition for Skylar's law in hopes that in the future no other family will have do endure the heartache and anger that this situation has put us through. We have the full cooperation of law enforcement to proceed with everything that follows:
On 7/7/12 I received a call from my husband Dave asking where Skylar was. He had come home for lunch and to leave the car for Skylar to take to work and she was no where to be found. I told Dave that she was probably shopping or swimming with her friends and to call her bestie. He did and when he contacted her best friend she stated she had not seen nor heard from Skylar. Dave called me again and I gave him a couple more names to call. He called these girls also and again no one had seen or heard from Skylar. Dave called me again and I told him not to worry that she had to be at work at 4:00 and she never missed work so we would check with them around 4 to make sure she had shown up. I returned home from work and was just ready to call her work when the phone rang and it was her work place calling to see if Skylar was going to report to work. At this time I started to panic and called her bestie again and again we were told she had not seen or heard from Skylar. About 15 minutes later her bestie called me back saying she had to tell me the whole story and proceeded to tell me that she, Skylar and another bestie had snuck out the night before and drove around town and were back home and in bed around midnight. She stated the they had dropped Skylar off at the end of our street because Skylar was insistent that she did not want us to hear her sneaking back in the house. At this point we immediately called local law enforcement (city law enforcement) and they responded quickly and we did a neighborhood search and went door to door asking if anyone had seen or heard anything the night before. The neighboorhood watch program seems to be a little lacking as no one had seen or heard a thing. The city police were ready to call in search and rescue as we live close to the rail trail and the Monongahela River. I remembered that we have security cameras and the landlord was called to check his cameras and it revealed Skylar sneaking out her bedroom window and walking across the parking lot and getting into a car. The video was blurry and less than optimal and we were not able to make out the make or license plate of the car. At this point local law enforcement (city) considered her a runaway and everything came to a halt.
From the point of her being seen getting into the car the only thing we could do was to distribute Missing posters and rely on tips phoned in to the police. Many days and nights were spent following up on these leads and supposed sightings and none of them proved to have any merit. With the support of the community we continued on and it seemed as though nothing was getting accomplished. When we contacted the City police we were constantly being told by the Chief that she was a runaway and would return and there was nothing they could do but they were following up on all tips they received. This scenario continued for 2 months until I could no longer take it. I know my daughter and I know that she would not stay away that long without contacting someone. I may be vain in assuming it but I truly feel that she could not stay away from me that long let alone her friends. I went to the city police station one day and had no intention of leaving the premises without some answers. I was told in no uncertain terms by the Chief of the Police that she was a runaway until information proved otherwise and that he could not share all the information he had with me. Although this same Chief was sharing information with people on the telephone whom we do not even know and we were finding out this information on facebook. Again, I may be vain but I feel that the parents should have this information first without having to find it out through total strangers in the neighborhood and on facebook. I had asked the Chief to call for help from the State Police and he stated that he had a consultant with the States and he did not need any further help and even stated that he asked the States for help and they refused. At this point I was told to leave his office.
Upon returning home I could not accept that 2 months had passed with no word from Skylar and they were still considering her a runaway so I called the State Police myself and was told that yes, they had received missing fliers on Skylar to distribute and keep an eye out for her but no, they had not been asked to help with the investigation and that they would never refuse to assist with a missing persons case. From that point on the States have been continually assisting with Skylar's case and a lot of things have been discovered and revealed. The number one and main factor is that the law considers a missing child a runaway instead of a missing person until it is proven otherwise. We have lost valuable time and progress in that 2 months time because nothing was done and the Chief was waiting for her to return home. We now have a petition to enact Skylar's law that will hopefully go to the legislature in January for approval to reverse this law and make it that a missing person is a missing person until it is proven they are a runaway. This law will ensure that local law enforcement do everything at their disposal to find a missing person before the trail is cold. We have the approval of State and Federal law enforcement to enact this law and they are behind it 100%.
At this point the investigation became top priority for the State Police and the FBI. Interviews were being conducted and investigations were done into cell phones, computers, ipods, etc. I must make note that the Apple corporation was contacted at this time with subpeonas from the FBI to disclose the last location that Skylar had used her ipod and Apple refused. They were contacted several times by both the State and Federal levels and to this day they have refused to cooperate. We have been told that this could have been over months ago if they were willing to cooperate. Through these investigations it was discovered that Skylar's 2 best friends that she had snuck out with were not telling the whole truth. They have continued to withhold information to this day and have been caught in multiple lies to both the State and Federal authorities. The original belief was that they were in fear of retrubution or the consequences of others. At this point both girls have been offered immunity and still refuse to cooperate. The supposed bestest friend of Skylar's has even failed her lie detector test. The other best friend has not shown up for her testing or last interrogation. She conveniently disappeared and did not show at her lawyer's office for her last appointment. These girls seem to believe that they are invincible and nothing will happen to them but subpeonas and warrants are being issued for the next Grand Jury in January.
Throughout all this nightmare, the girls have withheld information. In the beginning her best friend would come to the house and cry with us and say that she wanted Skylar home. I loved these girls unconditionally and would have never dreamed they could be capable of things such as this. I felt about them as my daughters. This is truly the ultimate betrayal. The other friend never showed at our house and has only contacted us on a couple of occasions throughout these past 5 months. It is appearing at this point with all of the investigative information that these girls are more guilty than originally suspected. It just sickens me to know that anyone at this young of an age could sit by and let their supposed best friend disappear in this way. If it was truly something that happened as an accident they have had every opportunity to come forward with this information and have even been offered immunity. At this point it looks like foul play has occurred and murder has not been ruled out. I cannot stress enough what this has done to not only Dave and I but to the entire community. There has been a huge outpouring of love and support for us and we truly could not have come this far without all this love and support. It is time for these girls to come forward with everything they know. Our family needs closure to move on whether it be with Skylar's remains or the best scenario is that it be Skylar herself.

WV_Lady
12-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Some of the things that you discussed before ... like the twitter postings.... those things were based on a Tarot reading as far as where Skylar was.

No Stone Unturned
12-17-2012, 09:10 AM
We are continuing to look for you Skylar. I look through twitter, facebook, news feeds, etc to see if anything new is going on.

Orgona
12-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Mary Earl Neese (https://www.facebook.com/meneese1)

This is very lengthy but here it is: The time has come to tell the full Skylar story from beginning to end as we know it to this point. Please feel free to copy and paste this to your walls so everyone can share, share and share it again. We want this story to get to as many people and places as we can get it for full exposure. While doing this we would like to push the petition for Skylar's law in hopes that in the future no other family will have do endure the heartache and anger that this situation has put us through. We have the full cooperation of law enforcement to proceed with everything that follows:
On 7/7/12 I received a call from my husband Dave asking where Skylar was. He had come home for lunch and to leave the car for Skylar to take to work and she was no where to be found. I told Dave that she was probably shopping or swimming with her friends and to call her bestie. He did and when he contacted her best friend she stated she had not seen nor heard from Skylar. Dave called me again and I gave him a couple more names to call. He called these girls also and again no one had seen or heard from Skylar. Dave called me again and I told him not to worry that she had to be at work at 4:00 and she never missed work so we would check with them around 4 to make sure she had shown up. I returned home from work and was just ready to call her work when the phone rang and it was her work place calling to see if Skylar was going to report to work. At this time I started to panic and called her bestie again and again we were told she had not seen or heard from Skylar. About 15 minutes later her bestie called me back saying she had to tell me the whole story and proceeded to tell me that she, Skylar and another bestie had snuck out the night before and drove around town and were back home and in bed around midnight. She stated the they had dropped Skylar off at the end of our street because Skylar was insistent that she did not want us to hear her sneaking back in the house. At this point we immediately called local law enforcement (city law enforcement) and they responded quickly and we did a neighborhood search and went door to door asking if anyone had seen or heard anything the night before. The neighboorhood watch program seems to be a little lacking as no one had seen or heard a thing. The city police were ready to call in search and rescue as we live close to the rail trail and the Monongahela River. I remembered that we have security cameras and the landlord was called to check his cameras and it revealed Skylar sneaking out her bedroom window and walking across the parking lot and getting into a car. The video was blurry and less than optimal and we were not able to make out the make or license plate of the car. At this point local law enforcement (city) considered her a runaway and everything came to a halt.
From the point of her being seen getting into the car the only thing we could do was to distribute Missing posters and rely on tips phoned in to the police. Many days and nights were spent following up on these leads and supposed sightings and none of them proved to have any merit. With the support of the community we continued on and it seemed as though nothing was getting accomplished. When we contacted the City police we were constantly being told by the Chief that she was a runaway and would return and there was nothing they could do but they were following up on all tips they received. This scenario continued for 2 months until I could no longer take it. I know my daughter and I know that she would not stay away that long without contacting someone. I may be vain in assuming it but I truly feel that she could not stay away from me that long let alone her friends. I went to the city police station one day and had no intention of leaving the premises without some answers. I was told in no uncertain terms by the Chief of the Police that she was a runaway until information proved otherwise and that he could not share all the information he had with me. Although this same Chief was sharing information with people on the telephone whom we do not even know and we were finding out this information on facebook. Again, I may be vain but I feel that the parents should have this information first without having to find it out through total strangers in the neighborhood and on facebook. I had asked the Chief to call for help from the State Police and he stated that he had a consultant with the States and he did not need any further help and even stated that he asked the States for help and they refused. At this point I was told to leave his office.
Upon returning home I could not accept that 2 months had passed with no word from Skylar and they were still considering her a runaway so I called the State Police myself and was told that yes, they had received missing fliers on Skylar to distribute and keep an eye out for her but no, they had not been asked to help with the investigation and that they would never refuse to assist with a missing persons case. From that point on the States have been continually assisting with Skylar's case and a lot of things have been discovered and revealed. The number one and main factor is that the law considers a missing child a runaway instead of a missing person until it is proven otherwise. We have lost valuable time and progress in that 2 months time because nothing was done and the Chief was waiting for her to return home. We now have a petition to enact Skylar's law that will hopefully go to the legislature in January for approval to reverse this law and make it that a missing person is a missing person until it is proven they are a runaway. This law will ensure that local law enforcement do everything at their disposal to find a missing person before the trail is cold. We have the approval of State and Federal law enforcement to enact this law and they are behind it 100%.
At this point the investigation became top priority for the State Police and the FBI. Interviews were being conducted and investigations were done into cell phones, computers, ipods, etc. I must make note that the Apple corporation was contacted at this time with subpeonas from the FBI to disclose the last location that Skylar had used her ipod and Apple refused. They were contacted several times by both the State and Federal levels and to this day they have refused to cooperate. We have been told that this could have been over months ago if they were willing to cooperate. Through these investigations it was discovered that Skylar's 2 best friends that she had snuck out with were not telling the whole truth. They have continued to withhold information to this day and have been caught in multiple lies to both the State and Federal authorities. The original belief was that they were in fear of retrubution or the consequences of others. At this point both girls have been offered immunity and still refuse to cooperate. The supposed bestest friend of Skylar's has even failed her lie detector test. The other best friend has not shown up for her testing or last interrogation. She conveniently disappeared and did not show at her lawyer's office for her last appointment. These girls seem to believe that they are invincible and nothing will happen to them but subpeonas and warrants are being issued for the next Grand Jury in January.
Throughout all this nightmare, the girls have withheld information. In the beginning her best friend would come to the house and cry with us and say that she wanted Skylar home. I loved these girls unconditionally and would have never dreamed they could be capable of things such as this. I felt about them as my daughters. This is truly the ultimate betrayal. The other friend never showed at our house and has only contacted us on a couple of occasions throughout these past 5 months. It is appearing at this point with all of the investigative information that these girls are more guilty than originally suspected. It just sickens me to know that anyone at this young of an age could sit by and let their supposed best friend disappear in this way. If it was truly something that happened as an accident they have had every opportunity to come forward with this information and have even been offered immunity. At this point it looks like foul play has occurred and murder has not been ruled out. I cannot stress enough what this has done to not only Dave and I but to the entire community. There has been a huge outpouring of love and support for us and we truly could not have come this far without all this love and support. It is time for these girls to come forward with everything they know. Our family needs closure to move on whether it be with Skylar's remains or the best scenario is that it be Skylar herself.

Just wow.
I hope those subpoenas warrants and the Grand Jury will lead to the truth.
I'm lost for words about Apple. They won't cooperate in helping to locate a missing (minor) girl??? :waitasec: :furious:

ETA: Would Apple really be able to pinpoint a location of an Ipod?

PGLady
12-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Has Skylar's family hired a PI?

I read on TS that a Private Investigator offered his services at no charge to the parents, and they declined when he said he would need to access the girl's room.

MHSBallerMom
12-17-2012, 11:22 PM
That's not true the Neeses take any help they can get. I sent a letter last night to WTAE and copied Mary's letter, they are very interested in the story along with Apple refusing to help. I called the father and is waiting for the call. So I doubt very seriously they refused any type of help.

missrugby
12-18-2012, 11:44 PM
I don't know much about getting cell phone records but if Apple was subpoenaed wouldnt they have to release information or am I wrong about that?

missrugby
12-18-2012, 11:48 PM
I am not by any means saying its untrue I just didn't realize you could refuse information if subpoenaed by the FBI. This makes me want to bombard Apple with calls!! This infuriates me because this could help find Skylar!

RDGirl
12-20-2012, 06:55 PM
New article on the case here (http://ee.dominionpost.com/Olive/ODE/DominionPost/LandingPage/LandingPage.aspx?href=RFBvc3QvMjAxMi8xMi8xOQ..&pageno=MjM.&entity=QXIwMjMwNQ..&view=ZW50aXR5http://).

missrugby
12-20-2012, 11:23 PM
New article on the case here (http://ee.dominionpost.com/Olive/ODE/DominionPost/LandingPage/LandingPage.aspx?href=RFBvc3QvMjAxMi8xMi8xOQ..&pageno=MjM.&entity=QXIwMjMwNQ..&view=ZW50aXR5http://).

This is very interesting. It sounds like they may be on the right track, and may be getting closer to finding Skylar. I am betting someone is going to "crack" soon. I hope so anyway.

Orgona
12-21-2012, 07:00 AM
This is very interesting. It sounds like they may be on the right track, and may be getting closer to finding Skylar. I am betting someone is going to "crack" soon. I hope so anyway.

BBM From your mouth to God's ear. I wish someone would crack and tell the truth.

WV_Lady
12-26-2012, 01:44 AM
Phone was not Skylar's. What the parents ask was that they contact police with information. Pleople were sending PM's and they were at work and wouldn't see them until they got home. Lost time

JustCryssy
12-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Yellow shorts and a multi-colored shirt....

Where have I heard that clothing description before?
Help me here...
Another missing teen....

bigflaw
12-27-2012, 04:33 PM
I hope the police interviewed local sex offenders. I only found 2 from Star City on the WV Police website. One of them is a 59-yo black male convicted of assulting a pre-pubescent family member. The other is a 60-yo white male who assulted a female acquaintance aged 13-17 (preference is correct). His house looks shady too. There is a shed in the back. Do police need a warrant to search the property of a registered sex offender that is no longer on probation?

Offender (DDM) has address on Herman Ave, which is about a mile to everywhere in Star City.

Although, my intuition would lead me to believe it a student at WVU that she may have befriended.

Pisces_Sun
12-27-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm a Morgantown native and resident. If the "best friend" is telling the truth about dropping Skylar off down the street from her apartment complex (which I think she is not being honest about), the odds of her being abducted by a stranger as she walked down the road to her apartment building in this town are slim to none unless someone was actively stalking her. I don't think she fell victim to a crime of opportunity. I'm not saying it's an impossibility, but it's not where my gut would lead me. If she met with foul play, it was most definitely by the hands of someone she knew - or at least someone who knew her.

IMO, there is also still a chance that she did run away from home for whatever reason. There are almost no posters of her (I've never personally seen one) and I have noticed little to no publicity about the case locally. I did hear about it on the radio when it happened, but it's not like her face and name are plastered all over town or anything like that. She could blend in very easily and stay hidden as long as the people around her were unaware that she was missing, or were willing to keep her secret. There is endless student housing she could crash at here.

I honestly don't know what to make of the case. There just aren't enough details. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about it, though...

Veidt
01-04-2013, 02:48 AM
Some of the things that you discussed before ... like the twitter postings.... those things were based on a Tarot reading as far as where Skylar was.

A Tarot reading?! Could you offer more insight as to why you're saying that and who asked for the reading? I'm really intrigued. To the best of my knowledge, Tarot is much better at providing readings about abstract concepts than specific locations. Although some cards can refer to concrete things like people's appearances, I've always heard that reading like that was less accurate since it shutted down most of the meanings the cards can have. It's the difference between getting the Queen of Swords in a reading and reading it as someone who is persuasive, knowledgeable, and so on (or applying this to a happening and not a person) versus an adult woman with dark hair.

ETA: Would Apple really be able to pinpoint a location of an Ipod?

I don't think Apple can track down an iPod's location very easily. For stolen devices, there are some apps you can use to track it down via GPS but they can be unreliable. Maybe on cases like missing people Apple themselves can do it and just won't bother with stolen devices.

If it's an iPhone it may be easier since it's also a phone and has more features and connectivity options. The iPod Touch also has more features like that unlike old iPods so maybe they could do it too.

I'm not a fan of Apple devices so I could be wrong about all this and hopefully someone else can provide more explanation. Assuming it's impossible, the only conceivable reason they'd refuse it would be to save face but then people who own iPods already know that they won't track stolen devices for you by default and if it's a technical impossibility people who are big fans and know all the technical details would know that already. If it's possible the only reason would be if they thought that was a breach against their costumer's privacy.

I'm not that familiar with US law but correct me if I'm wrong, you can't refuse a subpoena (only maybe contest it) but not flat out say no and ignore it. Lots of websites and prodcuts specifically say they won't hand out your information unless it's required by the law.

I'm a Morgantown native and resident. If the "best friend" is telling the truth about dropping Skylar off down the street from her apartment complex (which I think she is not being honest about), the odds of her being abducted by a stranger as she walked down the road to her apartment building in this town are slim to none unless someone was actively stalking her. I don't think she fell victim to a crime of opportunity. I'm not saying it's an impossibility, but it's not where my gut would lead me. If she met with foul play, it was most definitely by the hands of someone she knew - or at least someone who knew her.

IMO, there is also still a chance that she did run away from home for whatever reason. There are almost no posters of her (I've never personally seen one) and I have noticed little to no publicity about the case locally. I did hear about it on the radio when it happened, but it's not like her face and name are plastered all over town or anything like that. She could blend in very easily and stay hidden as long as the people around her were unaware that she was missing, or were willing to keep her secret. There is endless student housing she could crash at here.

I honestly don't know what to make of the case. There just aren't enough details. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about it, though...

The lack of posters and publicity is odd, reading about this case from a distance would led me to believe that her parents and everyone else have been spreading posters and pleas for help tirelessly. Weird. I too think there's a chance that she just ran away and is staying under the radar. I hope she's safe.

To me the foul play option seems very likely by this point, not from a stranger while walking back home but somewhere else. An accident at a party or a stranger hurting her while she and her friends were doing something they weren't supposed to, or even an adult in her life like a relative (not necessarily from her immediate family) or an authority figure. There's just a lot that could have happened and made people with leads too afraid to speak up, especially as far as teenaged friends go.

As an aside I think we can safely ignore that twitter. Clearly the hypothesis that she ran into foul play while out with her friends are not new to her family and local people so this twitter could be anyone who is convinced that it's true and that her friends will crack this way. Especially if it's based on that Tarot reading it's just not someone with insider knowledge IMO. I also like to hope that someone who did know that and was so strongly against her friends would come forward and say something rather than post anonymously on twitter of all places.

MissSunshine
01-06-2013, 02:25 AM
I wanted to post here earlier but got sidetracked. Anyway, I hope that the Grand Jury hearings help in finding Skylar and those that are responsible for her missing are brought to justice. IMO there are a few people who know exactly what happened to Skylar and where she is at.

jn0920
01-06-2013, 06:28 AM
You know while reading the petition, it was mentioned Skylar didn't take her contacts. If she was stressed over paying bills, cut 3 cells off, it's very possible she had this planned and and it's been in the works for sometime. She could always stash personal items away with someone or somewhere. I think it is very strange mom was upset because a missing poster has been circulated around the internet and "she didn't approve it" If this were my child, I wouldn't care as long as her face was out there.

I just started reading about Skylar after seeing her Missing poster on FB. As a girl that is still relatively young and having run away several times at Skylar's age it doesn't seem right to me. I did have things stashed away with friends if things with my family did get bad and I needed to get away, BUT, I never went anywhere without my glasses like Skylar did. I wear contacts on a daily basis but if I wasn't working and making money I know my contacts I'm wearing will only last me so long, it only makes sense to take glasses with you.

The second thing that didn't make sense to me is why she hasn't touched her bank account. If she had a job and was planning on running away she would have went to the bank to withdraw the money or she would have attempted to access the money since she went missing.

Also has it been determined if she had a boyfriend at the time she went missing? From this Twitter post "sorry I dont take most high school relationships seriously. learn to revolve your lives around friends or something that matters later on." on June 17th it makes it seem like she had a boyfriend at the time. Maybe he didn't feel mutual with her comment?

Still_Seek_Answers
01-06-2013, 07:19 AM
I just read these posts, as a member of a family that has had a sibling missing for almost 41 years.....I am horribly upset. To begin with I live in WV and had not even heard of this case until now. That sets off all kinds of bells and whistles for me. Even now....as long as my sister has been gone.....we do anything and everything we can to get her information out there at any given opportunity. I can't imagine why there is such a lack of publicity on this case.
I am also confused by an earlier post that states She had 3 cell phones shut off.....what on earth is a 16 yr old doing with that many active cell phones? I have to wonder if there is anything hidden in those closed accounts that could lead to her whereabouts?
The fact that she took neither her contacts or her glasses is a troubling thing. Does anybody know what her vision is when she is not wearing either?
The one thing that does scare me is that Morgantown has such easy interstate access. A predator could have exited the highway, happened across her, and been back on the highway in a matter of moments. Morgantown is also very close to state lines....so she could have been in another state before anybody really knew she was missing.
I will reread the posts after I have had some rest.....but a family upset over a missing poster being on FB ....that just sounds to bizarre to me.....I am not making any accusations.....I am just asking if those facts are correct?

Veidt
01-06-2013, 02:16 PM
I just read these posts, as a member of a family that has had a sibling missing for almost 41 years.....I am horribly upset. To begin with I live in WV and had not even heard of this case until now. That sets off all kinds of bells and whistles for me. Even now....as long as my sister has been gone.....we do anything and everything we can to get her information out there at any given opportunity. I can't imagine why there is such a lack of publicity on this case.
I am also confused by an earlier post that states She had 3 cell phones shut off.....what on earth is a 16 yr old doing with that many active cell phones? I have to wonder if there is anything hidden in those closed accounts that could lead to her whereabouts?
The fact that she took neither her contacts or her glasses is a troubling thing. Does anybody know what her vision is when she is not wearing either?
The one thing that does scare me is that Morgantown has such easy interstate access. A predator could have exited the highway, happened across her, and been back on the highway in a matter of moments. Morgantown is also very close to state lines....so she could have been in another state before anybody really knew she was missing.
I will reread the posts after I have had some rest.....but a family upset over a missing poster being on FB ....that just sounds to bizarre to me.....I am not making any accusations.....I am just asking if those facts are correct?

The cellphones thing isn't that strange. Many of my friends and acquaintances have more than one phone, usually to communicate with friends who use different providers or just because. Over here, some shops offer you bonuses if you hand in your old phone depending on which provider you're with but not all do and sometimes it doesn't matter enough so people end up with more than one phone. I myself have two because I use one as my main phone and another as a second phone I can use if the first one breaks or runs out of battery. This all makes even more sense if she's using prepaid I don't know if it would work similarly for someone on contract.

Maybe she sees ok without glasses or contacts? If I were to run away I would take mine for sure but my sight is not too bad without them. I agree this sounds strange to me and probably means that she never intended to stay away for a very long time. I don't mind going out without mine but if I wanted to go somewhere for longer than a few hours I would take them. So I don't know. Could she have a spare pair nobody knew about if she was planning this? I read before that some of her phone bills were going unpaid despite the fact that she had a job so maybe she was using her money to plan an escape. I hope she's safe somewhere and nothing happened to her. :S

jn0920
01-06-2013, 03:11 PM
So after becoming knee deep in Twitter posts, I'm in my early 20s and don't understand what half of these things mean on there, I located this website.

http://twtrland.com/profile/hiighasthe_sky

This website basically makes her twitter a lot easier for my to understand and nine months ago she makes a comment, "contacts hurt so bad when my eyes are tired. too bad my glasses are in two pieces." This could explain why her glasses were left behind. Her parents say her contacts are still at home, but I can't even tell you how many boxes of contacts I have for each eye right now, let alone someone else.

This website also tells you who she replies to most, S_XX and CMCE. I made the mistake of trying to synchronize S_XX page because it says she has not posted in over two months. Once I did that it hid the page and now says itsa hidden profile. CMCE has some interesting posts about wanting to tell the world the whole story back on October 20th. Also she acts like she misses Skylar for like a week then never directly talks about it again, it doesn't seem normal.

Sorry if you have been referring to these two by a different name, I'll try to figure out who's who later.

jn0920
01-06-2013, 03:13 PM
A Tarot reading?! Could you offer more insight as to why you're saying that and who asked for the reading? I'm really intrigued. To the best of my knowledge, Tarot is much better at providing readings about abstract concepts than specific locations. Although some cards can refer to concrete things like people's appearances, I've always heard that reading like that was less accurate since it shutted down most of the meanings the cards can have. It's the difference between getting the Queen of Swords in a reading and reading it as someone who is persuasive, knowledgeable, and so on (or applying this to a happening and not a person) versus an adult woman with dark hair.

Here's the tarot reading..

http://empathysinsights.blogspot.com/2012/09/skylar-neese.html

sadnpod
01-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Bumping for Skylar

Veidt
01-06-2013, 10:58 PM
So after becoming knee deep in Twitter posts, I'm in my early 20s and don't understand what half of these things mean on there, I located this website.

http://twtrland.com/profile/hiighasthe_sky

This website basically makes her twitter a lot easier for my to understand and nine months ago she makes a comment, "contacts hurt so bad when my eyes are tired. too bad my glasses are in two pieces." This could explain why her glasses were left behind. Her parents say her contacts are still at home, but I can't even tell you how many boxes of contacts I have for each eye right now, let alone someone else.

This website also tells you who she replies to most, S_XX and CMCE. I made the mistake of trying to synchronize S_XX page because it says she has not posted in over two months. Once I did that it hid the page and now says itsa hidden profile. CMCE has some interesting posts about wanting to tell the world the whole story back on October 20th. Also she acts like she misses Skylar for like a week then never directly talks about it again, it doesn't seem normal.

Sorry if you have been referring to these two by a different name, I'll try to figure out who's who later.

How do you see all of her tweets on there, all this shows me is tweets that were retweeted by other people so are "popular" and plains tweets. Try as I might I can't see all of her tweets on the site you linked?

The site gets the data you entered from twitter and most likely does not update it constantly. Probably her friend had a public twitter the last time that site updated and when you tried to sync to find something new it found out that meanwhile she protected her twitter.

Thanks for the Tarot link by the way. As I said I have some skepticism about it but who knows, really. It's interesting.

jn0920
01-06-2013, 11:26 PM
How do you see all of her tweets on there, all this shows me is tweets that were retweeted by other people so are "popular" and plains tweets. Try as I might I can't see all of her tweets on the site you linked?

I couldn't see all of her tweets on there so I had to dig though twitter. I mainly used that link to see who she replied to her tweets the most.

Veidt
01-07-2013, 12:32 AM
I couldn't see all of her tweets on there so I had to dig though twitter. I mainly used that link to see who she replied to her tweets the most.

Ha, cool. Thanks!

Pisces_Sun
01-14-2013, 10:50 PM
I am also confused by an earlier post that states She had 3 cell phones shut off.....what on earth is a 16 yr old doing with that many active cell phones?

There's almost NO publicity about the case here in town. I have never heard it brought it up in conversation, seen a poster, or heard a peep about it on the news (which I don't watch regularly). I do listen to local news radio almost every day and I have only heard the case mentioned once, and briefly, since the initial news of the disappearance last summer.

All of the "local buzz" people are reading is coming directly from people who know Skylar and her family in some way. No one else would be interested because no one else would know about it. It's definitely not a "town tragedy" in the sense of something that's splashed all over the media - there's little to no general awareness of her disappearance.

sadnpod
01-18-2013, 02:23 AM
Hi guest!.. Please join websleuths and join in the discussion! Where is Skylar?

Sparky
01-21-2013, 08:46 AM

BBM

Yes this is correct. It was posted on her Mom's FB page and she was very angry the missing poster was circulating without her approval.

jmo

preciousjule34
01-30-2013, 10:31 AM
So a certain facebook status that was liked by Skylar's mother and posted by D.C. a few days ago read and I quote, "So you accuse me of killing your friend and in reality it was you... Don't you feel awesome". This status I saw with my own eyes last night, but it has since been removed. There are rumors and I say again RUMORS, that one of the friends confessed and has been or is now in Chestnut Ridge.

smc22
01-30-2013, 08:31 PM
I too saw the status from D.C . SE would hang out with him a lot in blacksville ( an area where there aren't really police around very easy to party and access drugs ) if you look at green county news there has been a second body found and in one article I read that the northern wv police have gotten involved . These poor parents need closure and skylar needs justice!!!!!

smc22
01-30-2013, 08:42 PM
I heard the friend confessed while she was in chestnut ridge but I looked on her twitter and she's talking about her boyfriend and how these "rumors" are destroying everything.

tlcya
01-30-2013, 09:32 PM
NOt a big believer in Tarot to find the missing, too subjective, however, the tarot reading when I look at it, simply reinforces the feel I had immediately on Skylar.

Deceased. Big betrayal by a friend who was not. Near a body of water. to the southwest.

Take it for what it is. Mean girl stuff. A set up

MOO, IMO, all that.

smc22
01-30-2013, 09:39 PM
I completely agree. These so called " friends" don't have an ounce of guilt their just moving on talking about smoking pot and boyfriends acting like they have nothing in the world to worry about . The truth will come out . If you look at skylars twitter it is very apparent that she loves her parents making shout outs to her father for bringing her fast food. Nowhere in my heart do I believe this girl ran away 7 long months ago and wouldn't contact her family .

Sparky
01-30-2013, 09:56 PM
So a certain facebook status that was liked by Skylar's mother and posted by D.C. a few days ago read and I quote, "So you accuse me of killing your friend and in reality it was you... Don't you feel awesome". This status I saw with my own eyes last night, but it has since been removed. There are rumors and I say again RUMORS, that one of the friends confessed and has been or is now in Chestnut Ridge.

What is Chestnut Ridge? TIA!

smc22
01-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Mental health hospital in morgantown

tlcya
01-30-2013, 10:24 PM
o maybe we will eventually have some answers. That is encouraging. Pretty sad that that bit of info qualifies as "encouraging" But hey, I'll take it for now.

smc22
01-30-2013, 10:40 PM
I don't think it will be long from now. If skylars mother liked D.C's post then they know more than the public . Plus the second body found in Greene co. Makes me wonder because blacksville is close to Greene co. If you know the back roads . SA lives in blacksville and SE used to also be a resident . So they know their way around. Also earlier in the investigation SA and SE put stuff on fb about cabin parties. Like literally the day after skylars disappearance , blacksville is a very back-woodish area

Sparky
01-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Skylar is listed in NAMUS. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17844/0/

First I've heard about her having a large gray purse. Also gives the description of her clothes.

I don't know who DC is. I did read about the cabin parties in the beginning. They were being held at SA's BF's cabin IIRC. I also couldn't find SE's twitter. I've read it in the past also. Has she removed it?

ETA also gives date as July 16 and she may be in the company of another female. This was ruled out. I wish they would update their site.

sadnpod
01-31-2013, 02:08 AM
I don't think it will be long from now. If skylars mother liked D.C's post then they know more than the public . Plus the second body found in Greene co. Makes me wonder because blacksville is close to Greene co. If you know the back roads . SA lives in blacksville and SE used to also be a resident . So they know their way around. Also earlier in the investigation SA and SE put stuff on fb about cabin parties. Like literally the day after skylars disappearance , blacksville is a very back-woodish area

Welcome! (better late than never!)

Can I get a link for these bodies found? I can't seem to find anything! TIA!

smc22
01-31-2013, 08:49 AM
http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20130122/NEWS02/130129790#.UQpnf7-9Kc0
This is the waynesburg news. I think I saw the thing about WV police in the dominion post they had a press release saying that they had no further comment at this time about a week ago

smc22
01-31-2013, 08:55 AM
You can find D.C on SA's twitter she is following him still and he apparently is a big pot head, you can tell by his user name SE has her twitter on private but my guess is her posts are just as selfish and guilt free as the other girls .

preciousjule34
01-31-2013, 09:58 AM
Here's an even better link to the story about the body found.

http://www.heraldstandard.com/news/local_news/human-remains-found-in-wayne-township/article_3e5c8c8c-f433-57fb-b27d-135eb59f90f9.html

smc22
01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
I cannot see the article because it says a service is required? Did it do that to you?

preciousjule34
01-31-2013, 10:59 AM
No it didn't do that to me.

Herald-Standard News Local News .Human remains found in Wayne Township
StoryCommentsPrint Create a hardcopy of this page Font Size: Default font size Larger font size 1.Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:00 am | Updated: 10:44 pm, Wed Jan 23, 2013.

Human remains found in Wayne Township By Josh Krysak jkrysak@heraldstandard.com Herald-Standard | 0 comments

While state police and the FBI confirmed Wednesday that human remains were recovered from a location in Greene County last week, no additional details have been released and no one is talking about the investigation.

State police and a spokeswoman for the FBI in Pittsburgh confirmed that the remains were found Jan. 16 in Wayne Township, which borders West Virginia.

Police initially declined to even confirm the find, but eventually directed inquires regarding the discovery to the FBI.

<modsnip>

sadnpod
02-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Wow. The article makes is seem like finding, identifying, and releasing info to the public on BODIES FOUND just does not seem that important.

orangesandapples
02-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Oh wow. I am always glad to see movement in Skylar's case. I think of her often, and have often wondered why her case got so little traction and interest. For awhile I was coming to WS just to check and see if anybody knew anything about her. Maybe it was the suspicion surrounding her friends that got me, or the fact that she seemed to disappear with so few people in her life with the means to truly launch the large scale search and investigation that she needed and deserved. I feel a lot of sadness that she could just go missing like that and have her case go so quiet so quickly. I hope that Skylar is safe and at peace, and am glad to see some people involved in this discussion.

jn0920
02-03-2013, 03:07 AM
Still no updates on Skylar or the bodies found. It doesn't sound like they will be releasing any information on the bodies anytime soon either.

goldenbear
02-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Has any information come from the grand jury meeting in january?

tlcya
02-05-2013, 08:37 PM
The find marks the second time human remains have been discovered in Greene County in the last two months.

In December, a group of hunters found human remains in a wooded area near Mount Morris. In that instance, Rohanna said that no foul play was suspected.

It is not known if officials were able to identify the first set of remains.

http://www.heraldstandard.com/news/local_news/human-remains-found-in-wayne-township/article_3e5c8c8c-f433-57fb-b27d-135eb59f90f9.html

tlcya
02-07-2013, 02:47 PM
http://wajr.com/common/more.php?m=15&r=1&item_id=5551

The roads in Morgantown were slick and dangerous on Feb. 10, 1996. Ice and snow pummeled the area, causing traffic problems all over Monongalia County.

Dave Neese, of Star City, remembers the day well. He and his wife Mary Neese brought home their daughter Skylar from the hospital that night. Looking back, the moment is even more special for the Neeses, because Skylar is their only child.

Sunday marks Skylar's 17th birthday.

jn0920
02-07-2013, 04:09 PM

The roads in Morgantown were slick and dangerous on Feb. 10, 1996. Ice and snow pummeled the area, causing traffic problems all over Monongalia County.

Dave Neese, of Star City, remembers the day well. He and his wife Mary Neese brought home their daughter Skylar from the hospital that night. Looking back, the moment is even more special for the Neeses, because Skylar is their only child.

I hope if Skylar is out there, missing at her own will, she knows that her family will welcome her home no matter what has happened.

thisiseku
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Skylar disappeared on July 7. A surveillance camera near her home showed her sneaking out of a window before climbing into a four-door sedan. It's unknown who was in the car other than Skylar.I thought Skylar was driving around with her friends? How is it unknown? For me personally, it's pretty obvious that her friends made her disappear.

preciousjule34
02-08-2013, 09:41 PM
It's not unknown. It just says that because they're minors.

Goldilox
02-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Is anyone taking this seriously?? (& I don't mean the family)

Have cadaver dogs been to the house, the cabin, the car she was last seen in?
Every shop, wall, bus stop should have her picture in it!
Her friends should still be missing their BFF!!!

I get the feeling things are starting to close in around those who know more - someone has said something and pretending not to, one of them couldn't keep it bottled up (took the deal). IMO

jn0920
02-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Is anyone taking this seriously?? (& I don't mean the family)

Have cadaver dogs been to the house, the cabin, the car she was last seen in?
Every shop, wall, bus stop should have her picture in it!
Her friends should still be missing their BFF!!!

I get the feeling things are starting to close in around those who know more - someone has said something and pretending not to, one of them couldn't keep it bottled up (took the deal). IMO

This is a strange case, it seems like they have just wrote her off as a runway and called it good. Her mom has said multiple times her friends know more than they're saying and that nothing way being done. I remember her saying these were the girls that came to her crying the first couple days she was missing.

IMO when this starts unraveling, it's going to spin out of control.

menmo
02-10-2013, 10:30 AM
This is a strange case, it seems like they have just wrote her off as a runway and called it good. Her mom has said multiple times her friends know more than they're saying and that nothing way being done. I remember her saying these were the girls that came to her crying the first couple days she was missing.

IMO when this starts unraveling, it's going to spin out of control.

That coming to the house crying could go either way. It could be because they were generally concerned or it could be an evil way to find out info on what was known. I'm hoping for the first, but not discounting the latter.

She's under age. It shouldn't matter if she left on her own or if she didn't. She needs to be found and the pressure needs to be put on hard for her friends and others, regardless if they are under age. If they know something they should speak.

I do hope it starts unraveling soon.

preciousjule34
02-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Has anyone noticed that the twitters (MB, JS, HF) that were harassing her friends haven't had any activity since Jan. 23 and 24? One of JS's last tweets was on the exact day the body was found in Greene County, PA and it said "SKY is gloomy today."

As far as this case unravelling, rumor has it that it's in the process of doing just that.

tlcya
02-10-2013, 02:53 PM
yep, I too think the unraveling has already begun. There is lots of movement right now behind the scenes.

:cow:

JM867
02-10-2013, 03:08 PM

Happy Birthday Skylar. May you come home soon.

Orgona
02-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Happy Birthday Skylar!

goldenbear
02-11-2013, 01:15 AM
Perhaps this would be a good time to inquire if Texas Equisearch could come and look for Skylar.

Goldilox
02-11-2013, 04:48 AM
The first one to talk will get immunity and perhaps have the first chance to put their side of the story across, after that the others will be on their own - they will come off looking worse. I'd want to be the first one to talk - not the last one! Regardless of what has to be said!

goldenbear
02-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Happy presidents day Skylar we will find you.

smc22
02-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Hey guys anything new? I've been keeping my eye out but still no updates . I do see where MB and her crew are at it again! It's driving SA and RS ( another girl that was supposedly there that night ) crazy!!!! There's also a new gang member LL check it out.

sadnpod
02-21-2013, 04:31 AM
Hi smc22.. if I have already welcomed you.. WELCOME! I saw the new gang member.. wonder whats going on? Waiting.. waiting..

Where are you Skylar?

Pisces_Sun
03-03-2013, 01:46 PM
I drive through Star City almost every day on my way to work. Some days I think about Skylar and her family as I drive by. This girl needs justice. Her family needs justice. When will she be found? When will those involved get the punishment they deserve?

It makes me sick to think that when this story first broke I thought for sure this is a girl who has left by her own free will. I said to myself "She will be back, she will be OK". But I realized my gut said otherwise. I just wanted to believe that this one would have a happy ending.

Then the truth starts to come out and it just chills you.

tlcya
03-03-2013, 01:53 PM
was hoping for word of an arrest or new lead.

mean girls. someone has to crack. maybe is already cracking.

goldenbear
03-04-2013, 11:07 PM
As Spring warms up in beautiful West Virginia people going to the trails and streams may discover what has happened to Skylar.

Sparky
03-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Hey guys anything new? I've been keeping my eye out but still no updates . I do see where MB and her crew are at it again! It's driving SA and RS ( another girl that was supposedly there that night ) crazy!!!! There's also a new gang member LL check it out.

BBM
I see this acct is no longer. But did find the other one. Thanks!

smc22
03-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Hello has anyone noticed MB has deleted her twitter and the rest of the crew has set theirs to private ! Except for the newest member LL. wonder what's going on?

tlcya
03-05-2013, 05:02 PM
some lurking I bet. Or something in the wind. A reaction to movement in the case perhaps.

I can't shake the feeling that lots is going on behind scenes despite a lack of new news.

orangesandapples
03-05-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm really hoping there is some movement in Skylar's case on the horizon.

We haven't forgotten you, Skylar.

Maddywv
03-06-2013, 07:57 AM
From what I have heard the FBI is very involoved in this and are determined to bring those involved to justice. My question is the parents of the girls who took Skyler out. Why are they not getting their daughter to turn first? We all know the one who turns first gets the best deal... I imagine eventually someone turns.

Veidt
03-07-2013, 10:15 PM
From what I have heard the FBI is very involoved in this and are determined to bring those involved to justice. My question is the parents of the girls who took Skyler out. Why are they not getting their daughter to turn first? We all know the one who turns first gets the best deal... I imagine eventually someone turns.

I wonder if the FBI's involvement is why those tweeter accounts were deleted, even if the people behind them (MB&co) are innocent they probably wouldn't want to be found out.

That's a good question but frankly I don't think parents want to believe that their child could have done anything. They may have asked but if their kids said no they would probably just believe that instead. For all we know, if her friends are involved, they could all be blaming each other when they talk to their parents but washing their hands. It's sad but true. Also, some parents may know but be hopeful that they won't be caught.

It's also possible that they really did nothing or are trying to hide something that is only tangentially related.:waitasec:

By the way, if someone could PM me the link to the LL account that would be great thanks.

jn0920
03-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Bumping for Skylar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldilox
03-11-2013, 03:56 AM
Your whole life is a LONG time to live with guilt. Karma has its way

sadnpod
03-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Your whole life is a LONG time to live with guilt. Karma has its way

SOOOO true Goldilocks... the problem is that when you are that young, it seems like you can get away with stuff, but as we get older we realize we don't get away with anything. Karma will find you!

orangesandapples
03-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Bumping for Skylar. I cannot accept that she is going to be forgotten.

goldenbear
03-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Here in beautiful west Virginia the grand jury has met but still no one has revealed to them where Skylar is. I hope Star City leaders meet again and question more of Skylars classmates until she is found.

Sharedspirit
03-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Skylar's body has been found in Greene county pa. I'm heartbroken for her family.

Sharedspirit
03-13-2013, 01:27 PM
https://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/wboy12news

BREAKING: US Attorney's Office says a body found in Greene County, Pa. has been scientifically identified as missing Star City resident Skylar Neese.

Sporky
03-13-2013, 01:34 PM
RIP Skylar.

No Stone Unturned
03-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Skylar- I hope we find out who is responsible for this!

mikkismom
03-13-2013, 01:38 PM
U.S. Attorney: Skylar Neese body found

http://wvmetronews.com/u-s-attorney-skylar-neese-body-found/

raine1212
03-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Such a sad day for her family.. My prayers are with them

FragileSugar
03-13-2013, 02:02 PM
RIP Skylar. Hopefully justice will come swiftly.

rachaellouise
03-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Oh my goodness.. :( I'm hoping her being found will also give answers and evidence asap.

wvjules
03-13-2013, 02:10 PM
RIP Skylar!

Thoughts and Prayers go to the family and friends of the Neese family.

orangesandapples
03-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Heard the news and my heart just sank.

RIP Skylar, I hope your family can find some peace.

smc22
03-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Rest in peace skylar! Not only will the people responsible face judgement day here on earth , they will also face judgement from god and there is no lying to him! I have had the chills ever since I watched the news today. Skylar will get justice ! If the family is reading this I send my deepest condolences and you will always be in my thoughts and prayers I have been following this case since the day I found out . Skylar was a good person she was always a sweetheart to me and everyone in Uhs no matter how they looked or what they wore. Dave and Mary have a very special daughter and she deserved better friends and a bright future !

danzn16
03-13-2013, 02:31 PM
RIP Skylar. So very sad

MissSunshine
03-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Hopefully now Sklyar can finally get justice. RIP Sklyar.

cluciano63
03-13-2013, 02:42 PM
What a shock to see this news, even though I did not believe she was alive.
I hope there are some clues, maybe some pings, to place possible suspects near the area where she was found.

northxnorthwest
03-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Wow. Very sad. RIP Skylar. Apparently they found her body Jan. 16th and they just got results back now...? I think there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

rachaellouise
03-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Body found on my birthday.. Eek :(

tlcya
03-13-2013, 03:31 PM
I am saddened but at least now her family can have some closure instead of the great unknowing.

RIP Skylar. May your killer be brought to justice very soon.

Idon'tneedthesame
03-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Rest In Peace.

ColdHands
03-13-2013, 04:38 PM
So heartbreaking. Prayers for her family.

Orgona
03-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Rest in peace beautiful Skylar!
My deepest condolences to her family and loved one!

Body found on my birthday.. Eek :(

On a positive note: on your birthday began a new phase in seeking justice for Skylar.
Now that her body is found and identified, I hope someone will begin to talk.

SCHMAE
03-13-2013, 05:14 PM
:( Another baby lost to a monster.

This is happening far too often and specifically seems to be little girls becoming ladies but not ladies yet.
They're not adults just because they begin to wear makeup and are no longer shaped like little girls.

Blessing to her family.

Sparky
03-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Oh No....I wasn't expecting this when I logged in.

RIP Skylar! Condolences to the Neese Family!

scorekeeper
03-13-2013, 06:23 PM
:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

RIP, Skylar....so young....fly high sweet baby-girl, fly high!

My heart breaks for Skylar's family and friends.

Praying for justice!

LJKaust
03-13-2013, 06:31 PM
So terribly sad :(

Rest peacefully Skylar <3 love and light to your family xxx

iluvmua
03-13-2013, 07:04 PM
2 Hours & about 30-40 minutes depending on which route you take from Star City, WV to Wayne Township, PA

http://www.mapquest.com/#b05c260e5acbefc7d5f65227

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=view&section=5-News&item=Body-of-Missing-Skylar-Neese-Recovered-In-Pennsylvania8636

Redhead72
03-13-2013, 07:10 PM
My prayers and condolences go out to Skylar's family. I can't imagine their pain. I also pray that justice is served quickly now.

RIP Skylar
:rose:

azgrandma
03-13-2013, 07:15 PM
My prayers go to the Neese family, I am so very very sorry for their loss.

bluenoser
03-13-2013, 07:58 PM
This breaks my heart! RIP Skylar. The video of her leaving should be made public. Someone may notice something.:anguish:

Sparky
03-13-2013, 08:01 PM
http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20130122/NEWS02/130129790#.UQpnf7-9Kc0
This is the waynesburg news. I think I saw the thing about WV police in the dominion post they had a press release saying that they had no further comment at this time about a week ago

This is so sad. Who would've thought this was Skylar back when you posted the article.

I was so hoping she had runaway and would come home. I hope there will be Justice for Skylar soon. :(

RDGirl
03-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Devastated to hear the news today. I had such strong hope that she had run away and would be alright.

I hope the FBI has a strong direction. It's interesting that the news stories in Jan. didn't say how the body was found. In other stories, they mentioned how someone had located remains. I hope that means they were lead to this "remote area" by someone who knows what happened. 2mo also seems like a long time for an ID. From the LL Twitter account, and a Retweet of DH by SE, it seems like people close to the case have known for about a month. If there was an ID, and it wasn't released, could this be because the FBI and LE were putting together a case? Greene County is very very close to Star City, and other than Waynesburg (which is, by no means, a bustling metropolis), there are no large towns. Everyone in Morgantown has driven I-79 (which exits in star city, and leads right through the middle of Greene Co. PA), and it's a lot of woods and not much else. Ironically, there is a fairly large prison you can see from the interstate, not far from where she must have been found.

Whatever happens, I hope it happens soon so those who truly love her (those who care in private, not just when someone is looking) can have some kind of peace. And I hope that whoever hurt this girl comes to understand karma and justice.

Coldpizza
03-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Her poor mother, I'm so very sorry.

You will be missed Skylar

:rose: