PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

~n/t~
08-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Any updates on the search held at the end of July? Were those 3 roads eliminated from the grid search? Are they expanding their searches?

Karen Anne RN
08-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Respectfully, I think you have kind of jumped the shark. It seems clear to me that no matter what effort LE is putting forth, it is to be criticized here. The fact is, at the end of the day, no one except for those inside of this investigation have the slightest idea what is going on. Not even Holly's family.

You can choose to believe it is nothing. I dont think there is evidence of that. Example=Karen has recently discovered that there have been on going searches conducted with regularity yet out of the public eye. Failure to find Holly does not mean that there isnt a willingness or a capacity. IMVHO we have a lot of energy focused on quarterbacking here.

Fair enough if there are posters who believe we have nothing substantive to contribute. Someone up thread indicated that most of the locals have disappeared from here. Why is that-does anyone know?
(BBM)

Those are the ones done by the private SAR group.

Since May 2011, I think I remember 2 LE searches. :/

The SAR group has done appx 32.

Karen Anne RN
08-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Who is SAR blog?

In their "About" page, they write:

"The purpose of The SAR Blog is to share information, create discussion and be a general area for all things Search & Rescue Blog.

Blogs:
We have two active blogs. The main page is a blog with training and general SAR information. The second blog is on the News about SAR page. This is all news stories about SAR and searches."

A National SAR group.

cluciano63
08-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Are these SAR's grioup coordinating with LE?

Oriah is is normal for SARS groups to work without LE's advice/permission/whatever? Are they just doing this on their own? I am confused...even if a family wants searches done, don't they work with LE?

Karen Anne RN
08-06-2012, 08:48 PM
So why didn't they mention her purse and camera from the very beginning? That detail being revealed after a year really puzzles me.

Because they, like most families, try to follow what LE tells them what to do and what to not do, what to say, what not to say.

~n/t~
08-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Because they, like most families, try to follow what LE tells them what to do and what to not do, what to say, what not to say.

I'll have to disagree with you on that. There is absolutely no reason LE would tell a family not to include the missing person's belongings as part of the items. We know she wore flip flops. We know she had a lunch bag. We know she had a cell phone. We know what she was wearing.

There is absolutely no logical reason why they would withhold the purse and camera detail unless there is more to it than the public should know. What was on that camera????

Karen Anne RN
08-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Any updates on the search held at the end of July? Were those 3 roads eliminated from the grid search? Are they expanding their searches?

The SAR group that has been searching since last year, search again Aug 11 & 12.

They don't release any information to the public about what they find, and they don't even put out the info on where each new upcoming search will be, until just before the search is scheduled. I would imagine to keep others from going to the area ahead of time, and possibly contaminating a possible crime scene. (If that makes sense.)

I don't know if they found anything.

In light of the fact that they have searched appx twice a month for 16 months, it is my opinion from what I have heard, that they will continue to come here regularly.

Monica will be here this month too.

wishuwerehere
08-06-2012, 08:55 PM
So why didn't they mention her purse and camera from the very beginning? That detail being revealed after a year really puzzles me.

Also, what about her wallet, driver's license, student ID, debit card, etc. Were these things found, or should the public be looking for these items?

ETA: What about jewelry? If something ends up in a pawn shop, two states away, how are we to help? Any descriptions out there?

believe09
08-06-2012, 09:24 PM
(BBM)

Those are the ones done by the private SAR group.

Since May 2011, I think I remember 2 LE searches. :/

The SAR group has done appx 32.

Private groups are frequently .orgs whose services are free. A relief for cash strapped departments A professional SAR group is only as good as the information they receive from inside of the investigation, so I am willing to bet that there is cooperation there.

Respectfully, how do we know that there havent been a hundred LE driven searches? They probably arent notifying the media or even family. JMVHO.

dejavoodoo64
08-06-2012, 09:29 PM
I'll have to disagree with you on that. There is absolutely no reason LE would tell a family not to include the missing person's belongings as part of the items. We know she wore flip flops. We know she had a lunch bag. We know she had a cell phone. We know what she was wearing.

There is absolutely no logical reason why they would withhold the purse and camera detail unless there is more to it than the public should know. What was on that camera????

Thats what I've been wondering since the purse and camera weren't mentioned when Holly went missing. I guess all of us can think of some things that could be on a camera that might of resulted in Holly being abducted. JMO that we can anyway.

Karen Anne RN
08-06-2012, 09:36 PM
wishyouwere here I don't know, I don't know, and I don't know :( :(

believ09 I forgot to add, that yes, we don't have any idea how many searches investigators have done. They may well have done many.

I do know of one that was a large search, and I only saw one mention online about it.

Oriah
08-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Are these SAR's grioup coordinating with LE?

Oriah is is normal for SARS groups to work without LE's advice/permission/whatever? Are they just doing this on their own? I am confused...even if a family wants searches done, don't they work with LE?

No.
Most work with LE and family/friends combined. If permission is needed for privately owned property (and that means businesses, personal residences, all of that) then you have to work with LE. TC is not SAR that is sanctioned by LE. If he is and I'm missing something, someone please let me know!

nosyone
08-06-2012, 10:02 PM

Good point, I think however, that the Bobo's have lost their patience with LE and maybe others and are beginning to speak out about things that they would like to see happening. JMO.

Karen Anne RN
08-06-2012, 10:06 PM
No.
Most work with LE and family/friends combined. If permission is needed for privately owned property (and that means businesses, personal residences, all of that) then you have to work with LE. TC is not SAR that is sanctioned by LE. If he is and I'm missing something, someone please let me know!

The work he did with his team was done independently, at the request of a private citizen. Investigators said on tv that he was not a part of their investigation, and that was true. He was working privately.

On the items Mr. Bobo mentioned on the news, the way he worded it, made me think that he has known about the items for a long time, and that the information has been kept quiet by investigators, because he said with frustration on his face and in his voice that it is past time for this information to be released.

I am very sure that the family has had many, many struggles to deal with, in addition to their sorrow. I honestly don't know how Holly's Mother has been able to even get out of bed. I will always remember seeing her collapse, in the first interview they did.

Karen Anne RN
08-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Good point, I think however, that the Bobo's have lost their patience with LE and maybe others and are beginning to speak out about things that they would like to see happening. JMO.

That is what it looks like to me, too. I am hoping that now, with the additional private searches, that some clue may show up.

~n/t~
08-06-2012, 10:25 PM
The SAR group that has been searching since last year, search again Aug 11 & 12.

They don't release any information to the public about what they find, and they don't even put out the info on where each new upcoming search will be, until just before the search is scheduled. I would imagine to keep others from going to the area ahead of time, and possibly contaminating a possible crime scene. (If that makes sense.)

I don't know if they found anything.

In light of the fact that they have searched appx twice a month for 16 months, it is my opinion from what I have heard, that they will continue to come here regularly.

Monica will be here this month too.

I understand not revealing what they found, if anything. IIRC, they did say the names of the 3 roads they wanted to search to eliminate them even if they were already searched. I was wondering if they are now moving on to other areas if those 3 roads have now been thoroughly searched. If CUE is coming back one would assume nothing of value was found by the other searchers?? Do SAR groups communicate with each other or do they work independently? Who tells them where to search? Family?

~n/t~
08-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Karen Anne, just wanted to say that you are awesome!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Most of all for keeping Holly's case alive. :tyou:

~n/t~
08-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Thats what I've been wondering since the purse and camera weren't mentioned when Holly went missing. I guess all of us can think of some things that could be on a camera that might of resulted in Holly being abducted. JMO that we can anyway.

Yes very bizarre that it was kept a secret until now. I can't think of any other reason than it contained something that should not have been made public. Whether it was family or LE, who knows.

~n/t~
08-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Also, what about her wallet, driver's license, student ID, debit card, etc. Were these things found, or should the public be looking for these items?

ETA: What about jewelry? If something ends up in a pawn shop, two states away, how are we to help? Any descriptions out there?

True. In most pictures we've seen of Holly she wears jewelry. Earings, necklaces, rings, bracelets.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/fb/9c/Holly%20Bobo%2020%20missing%20from%20Decatur%20Cou nty%20TN%20Family%20photo%202.jpg

http://wsmv.images.worldnow.com/images/15676073_BG1.jpg

http://www.issues.cc/uploads/80303406628.jpg

Those are just a few...there are many others.

~n/t~
08-06-2012, 10:40 PM
This is the flyer when they did the truck campaign.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qT6M72Ira2o/Tpb1oWTJ7XI/AAAAAAAANb4/UuB7b91b7_Y/s1600/%25210_0000_MORGUE_2011_HollyBobo_AbductedInTeness ee_Poster.jpg

Karen Anne RN
08-06-2012, 10:45 PM
I understand not revealing what they found, if anything. IIRC, they did say the names of the 3 roads they wanted to search to eliminate them even if they were already searched. I was wondering if they are now moving on to other areas if those 3 roads have now been thoroughly searched. If CUE is coming back one would assume nothing of value was found by the other searchers?? Do SAR groups communicate with each other or do they work independently? Who tells them where to search? Family?

May I pass to Oriah ?

Karen Anne RN
08-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Karen Anne, just wanted to say that you are awesome!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Most of all for keeping Holly's case alive. :tyou:

Oh, Lord, ya'll have kept this case alive here on WS. If I remember right, I think a few of ya'll have said that you have been right here all the time, from the beginning. I have too, but I have not posted; ya'll have. I've mostly read.

All of you regulars on this thread have the love and drive in your heart that I do; I see it in your posts, and in your frustrations.

I think that we will know what happened; just a feeling that I have. Nothing more.

Karen Anne RN
08-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Thank you for the new pic, ~N/T~

You had one I didn't ;)

cluciano63
08-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Okay, this is too weird...watching an episode of "Nightmare Next Door" on ID...a woman in PA kidnapped from her driveway, blood on driveway found, witness saw it happen (but he was only four) and...her name was Holly. And it was April and it was from a very rural area.

This was about 12 yrs. ago and the perp was caught, but geez...very creepy.

ETA: It took 4 years for a hunter to stumble over her remains.
The perp was a neighbor who was considered a friend. No motive known.

Karen Anne RN
08-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Okay, this is too weird...watching an episode of "Nightmare Next Door" on ID...a woman in PA kidnapped from her driveway, blood on driveway found, witness saw it happen (but he was only four) and...her name was Holly. And it was April and it was from a very rural area.

Woa, that is way beyond weird.. :what:

~n/t~
08-07-2012, 06:36 AM

I looked up the case. Her name was Holly Notestine. Another similarity, it was in April! Creepy indeed. This Holly was also very petite. She had 2 children. Her remains were found only 4 miles from her home!!

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t1863.htm

http://times-news.com/local/x328562253/Bedford-kidnapping-homicide-focus-of-TV-show

Oriah
08-07-2012, 10:56 AM

BBM: Yes they very often do. As to where to search- most try and put together search areas based on information gathered from as many sources as possible (LE, family, last seen, areas cleared/uncleared, etc.)

Plumeria5
08-07-2012, 05:56 PM

Oh my, that is weird! Wonder why it took 5 years for her killer to be caught?
Did LE have their suspicions about him but couldn't move forward without her body? Maybe this is a precursor for how Holly's case will play out. I wish I could have seen the show. What channel was it on, Cluciano? Oops...didn't read it good...ID.

cluciano63
08-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Oh my, that is weird! Wonder why it took 5 years for her killer to be caught?
Did LE have their suspicions about him but couldn't move forward without her body? Maybe this is a precursor for how Holly's case will play out. I wish I could have seen the show. What channel was it on, Cluciano? Oops...didn't read it good...ID.

Yes they did have a suspect, the first guy they interviewed, since he was found burning something on his land that day (his vehicle I think) and they took a knife found in the truck. They kept it and matched it to the wounds on her bones when she was found. Her live-in was a suspect for a while, they ruled him out, but he still took some heat locally until the arrest. Even weirder, the defense lawyer came up with a LWOP guy who "confessed" and said he did it, but LE did not buy it.

Do you get the ID Channel? It is on again this Sunday at 7pm EST, called "Death Down on the Farm" a Nightmare Next Door episode.

believe09
08-07-2012, 06:29 PM
I love the point raised about jewelry. Are there pawn shops in the area? I wonder if any of the jewelry was hocked? Perhaps it was given to a mother, sister, lover who doesnt know where it originated from? That would be worth publishing I would think unless it was already found at some point. :(

Holly, no one is giving up on you.

Plumeria5
08-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Yes they did have a suspect, the first guy they interviewed, since he was found burning something on his land that day (his vehicle I think) and they took a knife found in the truck. They kept it and matched it to the wounds on her bones when she was found. Her live-in was a suspect for a while, they ruled him out, but he still took some heat locally until the arrest. Even weirder, the defense lawyer came up with a LWOP guy who "confessed" and said he did it, but LE did not buy it.

Do you get the ID Channel? It is on again this Sunday at 7pm EST, called "Death Down on the Farm" a Nightmare Next Door episode.

Darn it, NO! After moving I changed from DTV to cable since we have too many trees to get a signal and just looked it up to find we don't get ID! :maddening:

believe09
08-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Darn it, NO! After moving I changed from DTV to cable since we have too many trees to get a signal and just looked it up to find we don't get ID! :maddening:

:(

Robert Merle Harrod's case is going to be featured on Disappeared at the start of the new ID season-that network has a great niche market in all of us sleuthers. Call your cable company!!!! :blowkiss:

cluciano63
08-07-2012, 06:46 PM

Looks like they have it on itunes for $1.99...I don't know how that works, but anyway...
http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/death-down-on-the-farm/id533098643?i=550450873&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Ep#8

Oriah
08-08-2012, 06:50 AM
I love the point raised about jewelry. Are there pawn shops in the area? I wonder if any of the jewelry was hocked? Perhaps it was given to a mother, sister, lover who doesnt know where it originated from? That would be worth publishing I would think unless it was already found at some point. :(

Holly, no one is giving up on you.

Lexington, I know, has a pawn shop.

Chili Fries
08-08-2012, 12:51 PM
I've wondered if this could be like the Tara Grinstead case...with multiple possible suspects. Maybe...an ex-boyfriend, a friend or former HS classmate who has gotten in trouble before, somebody who may have been stalking her or kind of seemed like it, somebody who worked with her dad, a creepy guy from UT-Martin Parsons, etc.... I wouldn't be surprised if the family and LE look in different directions and see different suspicious guys who could fit the height/weight description.

Plumeria5
08-08-2012, 04:26 PM
I've wondered if this could be like the Tara Grinstead case...with multiple possible suspects. Maybe...an ex-boyfriend, a friend or former HS classmate who has gotten in trouble before, somebody who may have been stalking her or kind of seemed like it, somebody who worked with her dad, a creepy guy from UT-Martin Parsons, etc.... I wouldn't be surprised if the family and LE look in different directions and see different suspicious guys who could fit the height/weight description.

Makes you wonder if that person even participates in the searches! :eek:

wfgodot
08-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Now I'm having nightmares about this accursed case. H-e-l-l-l-p!

Plumeria5
08-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Now I'm having nightmares about this accursed case. H-e-l-l-l-p!

I love your posts! They are helping me expand my vocabulary!!:seeya:

cluciano63
08-08-2012, 05:38 PM
With Tara's case, we knew all about the various suspects and POI's from the start. Here, we have never even heard of one. I find it hard to believe they have a list of POI's and it has never come out that they were being interviewed, search warrants being issued, etc.

Whisperer
08-08-2012, 05:38 PM
...Why haven't the 911 calls been released?

Whisperer
08-08-2012, 05:41 PM
With Tara's case, we knew all about the various suspects and POI's from the start. Here, we have never even heard of one. I find it hard to believe they have a list of POI's and it has never come out that they were being interviewed, search warrants being issued, etc.

I find the two cases are handled similarly. In Tara's case, it is MO that LE shut the case down soon after the interview with Tara's BF.There was a major news network interviewing Tara's BF. That was the difference. MSM ( I think Greta) was inside Tara's house looking at her bdrm.. In Holly's case, no such thing was allowed or nobody will talk. My guess is the pastors/sheriffs tell them not to talk to the press Other than the initial MSM entering Tara's case, everything else is going down the same way.

cluciano63
08-08-2012, 07:23 PM
I find the two cases are handled similarly. In Tara's case, it is MO that LE shut the case down soon after the interview with Tara's BF.There was a major news network interviewing Tara's BF. That was the difference. MSM ( I think Greta) was inside Tara's house looking at her bdrm.. In Holly's case, no such thing was allowed or nobody will talk. My guess is the pastors/sheriffs tell them not to talk to the press Other than the initial MSM entering Tara's case, everything else is going down the same way.

I have seen TV shows (Dateline, 48 Hours) about Tara's case, with lots of people talking on camera and all of the various POI's named. Quite different to me from Holly's case.

Karen Anne RN
08-09-2012, 01:52 AM

It's going to be airing again on Aug 11 & 12, if you have a friend that has the ID channel.

It's not on youtube. It is on Amazon, but like the one someone else mentioned being on iTunes, it is also $1.99.

If I had a video camera I'd record it for you, but I don't.

Yoda
08-09-2012, 02:33 AM
FYI I saw Holly's missing photo on a semi yesterday, I-77 north of Charlotte NC. The truck had Florida on the door but I didn't see the license plate. That's the second one I've seen in NC

Oriah
08-09-2012, 04:06 AM
FYI I saw Holly's missing photo on a semi yesterday, I-77 north of Charlotte NC. The truck had Florida on the door but I didn't see the license plate. That's the second one I've seen in NC

Excellent!

~n/t~
08-09-2012, 07:53 AM
I brought up Erika Megan Sharpton's case before and went back to look at some of the similarities. Why do I get this awful feeling that Holly and Megan's cases could be connected?

Check this out. Megan's stuff was also scattered. Items in her "pink" purse are missing.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/23/ng.01.html

http://thesop.org/story/20120725/megan-sharptons-homicide-in-tullahoma-tn-is-highly-unusual.html

Wish TBI would finally solve a case and perhaps connect the dots! So frustrating. :banghead:

shefner
08-10-2012, 12:57 AM
I am happy to see Holly's thread moving once again! I check in here from time to time because this case is one I will never forget.

I have always felt this case was local....and as in most small towns, things are passed around by word of mouth. Everyone knows everyone or someone who is related to someone. If you have a young man who is local, who did something really stupid...maybe even as a prank, in the beginning...and then it got huge and out of control...I can see a family member (or more than one) covering for him~ Maybe even refusing to allow their property to be searched....

I always felt like the discovery at Easter (was it really Holly's phone?), was an important turning point in Holly's case....it seems like there was much momentum leading up to that find...and then boom, the bottom dropped out and the searches came to a halt (or at least those intense early searches).

Several things felt strange to me from the start:
1. Clint's version of events
2. The flurry of phone calls between Drew, Holly and her mom
3. The use of hundreds of locals in the immediate searches
4. The refusal to release the 911 calls.

I would really love to hear the 911 calls...just to know exactly who made them and at what times. I can't imagine the purpose in not releasing them. Boggles the mind.

believe09
08-10-2012, 09:00 PM

Fortunately for Holly's case, it is being handled differently IMO.

Hat's off to GBI for taking over the Grinstead case. IIRC the crime scene (if you consider Tara's home that) was completely contaminated before LE even processed it. IIRC her BIL Larry Gattis listened/deleted calls from her answering machine after she disappeared. Why anyone in their right mind would let a news crew into the home of a missing person during an active investigation is beyond me. I remember when Larry went onto to Montel Williams and announced he failed his poly. A three ring circus....ah well.

In any case, Holly's jewelry-if we still have verified insiders posting here perhaps they can weigh in on her go to pieces.

believe09
08-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Just a question-who would it benefit to release the 911 calls? I mean other than a curious public.

nursebeeme
08-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Well... here's the way its going to be...

We are NOT going to discuss Clint or the family as suspects. We are not going to bash this family. They will not be discussed as POI's or suspects.

You can discuss what they say and what they've said but you are not going to speculate on why its different in your opinion or why they even said it this way one time and that way another.

Last warning, you all know what can and can't be discussed here. You all know what's meant by 'we are a victim friendly site' you all know who that is. Rumors will not be allowed!

If needed time outs will be given.

Ima
bumping this up. Any posts that are not here any longer most likely fell into this category. If you have a question please pm a moderator.

AmandaReckonwith
08-11-2012, 10:22 PM
There is a search this weekend in Benton County. Continues tomorrow.
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19025028/new-search-for-holly-bobo

The link to Holly's Case Archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly%20Bobo%20%20-TN-/

AmandaReckonwith
08-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Karen Anne... I saw a creek pic 2-3 pages back. I have seen that before and thought it was in the archive, but I don't see it there, so may I add yours?

It is marked "D. Graves property" Is that confirmed?

~n/t~
08-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Amanda: Did you mean to link this article?

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120812/NEWS01/308120006/Volunteers-comb-Holliday-area-Holly-Bobo-evidence?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

The one you posted appears to be dated July 14th.

~n/t~
08-12-2012, 07:20 AM
The search group, organized by Southeast K9 Search and Rescue, looked for evidence of Bobo on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.

“Anything that would have been Holly’s,” said Southeast K9 Search and Rescue Director of Operations Chris Williams, “any kind of clothing, anything that would be in a purse, school books, anything like that that we could find, anything out of place.”

Though Saturday’s search found no additional evidence, Williams said it was beneficial.

“It’s not that we didn’t find anything,” he said. “It’s that we got this much more area covered that hadn’t been covered.”

Williams said it was important to cover more ground in the search.

“We’re never going to find her sitting at home,” Williams said. “We’ve got to be out here, working these areas, getting this stuff done. If we’re not doing it, then nobody is.”

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120812/NEWS01/308120006/Volunteers-comb-Holliday-area-Holly-Bobo-evidence?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

~n/t~
08-12-2012, 07:23 AM
Saturday morning, volunteers with Southeast Canine Search and Rescue scoured nearby Benton County for any evidence linked to Bobo's disappearance.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19255953/volunteers-continue-search-for-holly-bobo

Where is Benton County vis a vis the Bobo home or Holly's school?

~n/t~
08-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Not sure if I did it right but google maps shows approximately 300 miles from Darden? Almost 5 hours? Is this correct? :waitasec:

Foxfire
08-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Not sure if I did it right but google maps shows approximately 300 miles from Darden? Almost 5 hours? Is this correct? :waitasec:

262 mi, 4 hours 35 mins
I-24 E

"Seems that I remembered Terry Britt, lived/visited in this area in the past"..

Seems I remember that he also plead guilty to theft in Benton County, TN in March of 1994..
Can't find the link..need some help...

~n/t~
08-12-2012, 08:48 AM
262 mi, 4 hours 35 mins
I-24 E

"Seems that I remembered Terry Britt, lived in this area in the past"..

His current profile shows residence as: Hardeman County.

Benton - Hardeman is 305 miles

Hardeman - Darden is only 72 miles

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/sorint/sor_Details.aspx?htid=00084820

So I wonder why they were in Benton searching? Any clues as to why they would search there? Anything else connected to this case that would bring them there?

~n/t~
08-12-2012, 08:55 AM
I suppose we can rule out a school connection (??) The Benton County School District is located in Camden, TN and includes 8 schools that serve 2,457 students in grades PK through 12.

http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/us/tennessee/district/benton-county-school-district/

What else is there? We know it's close to the Kentucky border. Any other missing women from Kentucky that could possibly be connected to the perp?

I'm just thinking out loud for now in trying to see what the connection is, if anything.

~n/t~
08-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Paige Johnson still missing from Kentucky.

James E. Gunterman is from Southeast KY. He's the sexual predator Bill Warner continues to bring up in connection to some of these young ladies disppearances.

I think JEG is still unaccounted for.

~n/t~
08-12-2012, 09:05 AM
http://kspsor.state.ky.us/sor/servlet/SOR?id=1833

Non compliant. Where is this guy?

~n/t~
08-12-2012, 09:18 AM
In the days following her disappearance, cops say hundreds of volunteers came out to assist with the search, which stretched into parts of Henry, Carroll, Benton and Decatur counties.

On April 14, 2011, Holly's cell phone and lunch bag were found on a roadside in Parsons, Tenn., according to the family.

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=77784

believe09
08-12-2012, 10:21 AM
OK-I am confused...I have Benton County TN as 41 miles or so from Darden. Camden is the county seat:

Suggested routes

41.9 mi, 1 hour 1 min
TN-69 N
47.2 mi, 1 hour 14 mins
TN-69 N/US-641 N
57.0 mi, 1 hour 22 mins
TN-191 N

ETA: Camden is even closer...it is about 35 miles.

AmandaReckonwith
08-12-2012, 10:50 AM
http://www.cohp.org/tn/images/tn_west.gif

believe09
08-12-2012, 11:07 AM
I found this on City Data:

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Camden-Tennessee.html

It is a list of sex offenders in or around Camden, TN.

Montjoy
08-12-2012, 10:49 PM
...Why haven't the 911 calls been released?

Well, I don't know. And while I, like most here I would imagine, wait on the edge of my seat for information from LE, I know that broadcasting information to amateur sleuthers is and must be low on their list of priorities.

As for why the calls have not been released: I can't guess. I will say that there are some very good reasons why such calls don't get released, though.

I don't know that any of this applies to Holly's case, but these things have happened: Occasionally calls reveal details specific to a crime that LE does not want the general public to know. Sometimes, keeping such details private may enable LE to quickly dismiss claims by nuts who say that they've committed the crime. And there are also ways in which keeping your cards close to your chest can help in interrogations with guilty parties.

There have also been cases in which LE would not want to release a 911 call because details of the calls offer a greater public safety risk than benefit.

Sometimes calls may include erroneous information which, were it not for the heat of the moment, would seem slanderous. Anyone reading this must be familiar with the fallibility of eyewitness testimony.

Now, I'm not saying that the calls were not released for any of these reasons. It could have been one of them, or some other reason, or for no reason.

But I don't presume that it's anyone's right to hear the calls, and I can say that there are some good reasons why such calls might not be released.

Chili Fries
08-12-2012, 11:08 PM
A few months ago I sent an e-mail to Jackie Orozco of the local Memphis ABC station asking about the 911 calls, wondering if they would ever be released, but I never heard back from her.

Audio of a frantic mother calling 911 could focus media attention on Holly again. They could edit out any specifics that may impact the investigation.

believe09
08-12-2012, 11:36 PM
A few months ago I sent an e-mail to Jackie Orozco of the local Memphis ABC station asking about the 911 calls, wondering if they would ever be released, but I never heard back from her.

Audio of a frantic mother calling 911 could focus media attention on Holly again. They could edit out any specifics that may impact the investigation.

It just seems so cruel to me-I dont know how I would feel if I were Holly's mom...or anyone else who called 911 that day. There are many other ways to focus media attention-I am not sure all of them have been explored. What major outlets has everyone reached out to? I think I posed this question before-forgive me if I missed the response.

Karen Anne RN
08-13-2012, 12:12 AM
“We’re never going to find her sitting at home,” Chris Williams of Southeast K9 Search and Rescue, said. “We’ve got to be out here, working these areas, getting this stuff done. If we’re not doing it, then nobody is.”

The organization has helped the Bobo family search for nearly the duration of her almost 16-month disappearance. Recently the organization began asking for volunteers, with a goal of 200 searchers.

Dana Bobo, father of Holly, said searches have taken place every two weekends on Saturdays and Sundays. Volunteers planned to search from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. today, as well as on Aug. 25 and Aug. 26.

“And we’re all for that, as long as we’ve got people still wanting to come out and help,” Dana Bobo said. “It doesn’t matter if we get two people or 202 people, we’ll take whatever we can get, and we’ll go search.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1601&pictureid=13863

Dana Bobo

Karen Anne RN
08-13-2012, 12:28 AM
They searched in Holladay, TN, 25 miles North of the Bobo home.

Karen Anne RN
08-13-2012, 12:41 AM
T. Britt lives in Parsons, TN.

Currently in jail, in Hardeman County, TN, awaiting trial.

Oriah
08-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Well, I don't know. And while I, like most here I would imagine, wait on the edge of my seat for information from LE, I know that broadcasting information to amateur sleuthers is and must be low on their list of priorities.

As for why the calls have not been released: I can't guess. I will say that there are some very good reasons why such calls don't get released, though.

I don't know that any of this applies to Holly's case, but these things have happened: Occasionally calls reveal details specific to a crime that LE does not want the general public to know. Sometimes, keeping such details private may enable LE to quickly dismiss claims by nuts who say that they've committed the crime. And there are also ways in which keeping your cards close to your chest can help in interrogations with guilty parties.

There have also been cases in which LE would not want to release a 911 call because details of the calls offer a greater public safety risk than benefit.

Sometimes calls may include erroneous information which, were it not for the heat of the moment, would seem slanderous. Anyone reading this must be familiar with the fallibility of eyewitness testimony.

Now, I'm not saying that the calls were not released for any of these reasons. It could have been one of them, or some other reason, or for no reason.

But I don't presume that it's anyone's right to hear the calls, and I can say that there are some good reasons why such calls might not be released.

ITA. Just wanted to add one more reason why 911 calls are not always released...
LE might not see any purpose in subjecting victims to having to relive a horrible trauma over and over again.

I know a LE shrink who frequently encounters questions regarding this very issue. And they often advise against, because if there is no useful info to be gained from the public all it does is revictimize victims.
I tend to concur.

Don't know what the reason is in Holly's case, but I'm willing to accept that there's probably a good one.

Foxfire
08-13-2012, 01:01 PM
ITA. Just wanted to add one more reason why 911 calls are not always released...
LE might not see any purpose in subjecting victims to having to relive a horrible trauma over and over again.

I know a LE shrink who frequently encounters questions regarding this very issue. And they often advise against, because if there is no useful info to be gained from the public all it does is revictimize victims.
I tend to concur.

Don't know what the reason is in Holly's case, but I'm willing to accept that there's probably a good one.

RE: LE might not see any purpose in subjecting victims to having to relive a horrible trauma over and over again.

Oriah, I honor & respect all other opinions. I don't know how releasing the 911 calls would help in this investigations after 16 months, except maybe generating a new awareness by msm..

The families and victims are being subjected to trauma each day/night that their loved ones aren't brought home & their cases not solved.
Silence only leads to innocent victims lives lost,
and mounting cold cases.

The TBI has not provided a news update in almost 500 days. Obviously media management is not one of their strong suits.

The motto of the TBI is "that guilt shall not escape, nor innocence suffer".

Oriah
08-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Holly's case is not cold.

Media management might not be TBI's strong point, or it might be an intentionally weak point...idk.

What I do know is that there is current information out there about Holly that is being kept alive via all of the avenues available- LE, social media, community, SAR.

believe09
08-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Holly's case is not cold.

Media management might not be TBI's strong point, or it might be an intentionally weak point...idk.

What I do know is that there is current information out there about Holly that is being kept alive via all of the avenues available- LE, social media, community, SAR.

Thank you Oriah. I am not sure why we are continually revisiting this stuff every few pages :waitasec:

Everyone wants Holly to be found and there are ways to continue that without subjecting anyone to the anguish of reliving 911 calls or insulting law enforcement or implicating family. imvho.

We are seeing a pattern of searching that is emerging and it is being driven by something. It appears that the belief is that there is a travel route headed north. Those are the people to reach, I would think. Those folks who might not connect something they have seen with the possible travel route of Holly and her kidnapper.

Karen Anne RN
08-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Reposted from: SoutheastCanine SearchandRescue 8:07pm Aug 13

"The family of Holly Bobo are going to be at the Decatur County Fair this week. They are asking that anyone who participated in the search in the past 16 months come by and say hello.

There will be a box set up for anonymous tips. You can drop any information that you have on Holly or any other missing person case here confidentially, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Tuesday we will be bringing down Bear, our lead HRD dog. We are planning to do a short demonstration on what he can do if we can.

Thanks and GOD Bless."

Karen Anne RN
08-14-2012, 01:23 AM
REPOSTED FROM: Holly Bobo Prayers
8 hours ago near Adamsville, TN via mobile

Our daughter was abducted from our home between 7:40 and 8:00 am on April 13,2011. We are asking for everyone to think back to the days before and after for anything that seemed out of the ordinary.

Holly drove a 2006 black Mustang. Please try to remember if you saw her or anyone following her, or talking to her in the days prior to her abduction.

A typical day for Holly would be to leave our home around 7:40 am and arrive at Parsons UT Martin Center at 7:55 am. Holly took a lunch break from 11 am to noon. She would have possibly gone to Sonic, Parsons Dairy Bar, or her grandmothers home in Parsons.

It is possible that someone does have a new tip or knowledge extremely important to the case that has not yet been called into the TBI Tipline. This information might have seemed insignificant or unimportant at the time or even now, but it could be that single, small tip that is needed to bring Holly home.

Please remember that at this time Holly's hair color could be different and it could be cut shorter.

Your prayers and support in finding our daughter would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE HELP US FIND OUR DAUGHTER!

cluciano63
08-14-2012, 03:42 AM
The Bobo's wording does not make it sound as if they have any suspects at all in mind, in fact sounds like they are thinking she could have been stalked, etc...which I have always thought to be a possibility.

~n/t~
08-14-2012, 07:15 AM
They searched in Holladay, TN, 25 miles North of the Bobo home.

I didn't realize there was a Benton County and Benton, TN. That's why my google directions showed up the way it did. 25 miles makes more sense. Have they searched near grandma's house considering she would sometimes go there for lunch (??)

~n/t~
08-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Reposted from: SoutheastCanine SearchandRescue 8:07pm Aug 13

"The family of Holly Bobo are going to be at the Decatur County Fair this week. They are asking that anyone who participated in the search in the past 16 months come by and say hello.

There will be a box set up for anonymous tips. You can drop any information that you have on Holly or any other missing person case here confidentially, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Tuesday we will be bringing down Bear, our lead HRD dog. We are planning to do a short demonstration on what he can do if we can.

Thanks and GOD Bless."

Are the anonymous tips being monitored by SAR only? I hope so.

~n/t~
08-14-2012, 07:24 AM
The Bobo's wording does not make it sound as if they have any suspects at all in mind, in fact sounds like they are thinking she could have been stalked, etc...which I have always thought to be a possibility.

She could have been stalked by someone she knew. If they thought Mr or Miss XYZ may have been involved, they may need more proof.

Carla Lashelle
08-14-2012, 08:15 AM
The thing is that most people, if they have had a stalker, would tell someone about it... their friends, family, etc. Stalkers are rarely invisible and usually make their presence known to the victim in some way. Not that her freinds and family have spoken volumes, but no one has mentioned a stalker, there don't seem to be any injunctions against anyone, etc. And again, I have seen a lot of cases where LE and/or the victim's family or friends will name names even with no "proof". Look at Drew Peterson for example, everyone under the sun up there has said he killed his last two wives even though originally his second wife's death was ruled an accident. The "official" ruling certainly didn't silence the ladies friends and family who were very vocal and persistent in making their own suspicions known.

Oriah
08-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Are the anonymous tips being monitored by SAR only? I hope so.

Do you mean as opposed to LE?

~n/t~
08-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Right. We don't know if Holly voiced her concerns about anyone. One would assume if she was being followed or threatened, she would have mentioned it to someone especially her boyfriend. There are certain things teenagers, young adults, heck even adults don't share with their parents but will tell a best friend or a boyfriend.

I am still of the opinion that the Bobo family may suspect someone but without proof, their hands are tied and so is LE.

Someone knows something and needs to come forward. If the anonymous tip box will help, so be it. I'm not holding my breath though. Who would drop off an anonymous tip when the Bobo family and SAR and whoever else is around? KWIM?

~n/t~
08-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Southeast K-9 Search and Rescue shared SoutheastCanine SearchandRescue's status.

16 hours ago.

We have a busy week coming up this week. Through the day we will be in Kentucky this week working a cold case tour. While we are there we will be checking areas related to the cases of Chris Robinson, Scotty Bryant, and Patricia Calloway.

In the evenings when we get back on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday we will be coming out to Decaturville to the fair. There is going to be a "Annonymous Tip"
Box at the booth for anyone who has any info related to the Bobo case. All tips will be kept confidential but we ask that tips are kept to Fact Only! Please don't tip on heresay. If you have a tip on another missing person case you can drop it in the box too, just make sure you write the name of the person who the tip is related to on the paper.

bbm

Maybe their strategy is if they get enough tips about a certain person they will pursue it with LE? Just a thought.

https://www.facebook.com/southeastk9

Oriah
08-14-2012, 09:03 AM
I am pretty certain SE K9 works in tandem with LE...most do.

Re: tip boxes
Sometimes people who have no involvement in a crime at all realize they may have pertinent information after the fact, but don't know what to do with it- or are uncomfortable with LE or uncomfortable with being questioned about their information for personal reasons. Anonymous tip boxes at public events can be really helpful in that regard.

Example- we had a MP case in my neck of the woods that was baffling everyone for quite some time. SAR set up a booth at the local farmers market (very high traffic, and very diverse population) with a tip box. A tip was left by a man who stated that he recalled seeing XYZ on such and such date at such and such location. Turned out it was a motel, and the tipster was having an affair; he didn't want his wife to find out, but wanted to share the information.
Sure enough, that became the (new) last seen location, and that ended up locating the MP.

The Decauter Co fairgrounds seems like a great idea to me!

Karen Anne RN
08-15-2012, 03:18 AM
MAJOR CHANGES TO THIS WEBSITE:

There is now a "TIPS" page. You can send in any tip 100% anonymous.

Holly Bobo Is Still Missing

www.findinghollybobo.com

~n/t~
08-15-2012, 05:46 AM
MAJOR CHANGES TO THIS WEBSITE:

There is now a "TIPS" page. You can send in any tip 100% anonymous.

Holly Bobo Is Still Missing

www.findinghollybobo.com

Thanks Karen Anne. That makes a lot more sense to me to include a tip line on the Find Holly website. SAR organizations should also include one on theirs if they don't already. IMO people prefer the anonymity behind a computer rather than in person.

Some beautiful pictures of Holly I hadn't seen before. The search pictures were also quite sobering. Hope they found/find something. Anything that will give them that one clue in finding Holly.

Karen Anne RN
08-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Thanks Karen Anne. That makes a lot more sense to me to include a tip line on the Find Holly website. SAR organizations should also include one on theirs if they don't already. IMO people prefer the anonymity behind a computer rather than in person.

Some beautiful pictures of Holly I hadn't seen before. The search pictures were also quite sobering. Hope they found/find something. Anything that will give them that one clue in finding Holly.

Tip box set up for Holly Bobo at Decatur Fair

A tip box has been set up at the Decatur County Fair until Saturday for people to drop off any information they may have about the disappearance of Scotts Hill resident Holly Bobo.

Karen Bobo, Holly’s mother, said people can leave anonymous tips at a booth set up by the Corinth Baptist Church. Karen said this is the first tip box the family has put out. She said the family has also recently sent out nearly 20,000 direct-to-door cards seeking information about Bobo.

Don't know why reporters keep making minor mistakes. She does not live in Scotts Hill, she lives in Darden, TN.

Karen Anne RN
08-15-2012, 11:42 PM
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19290159/sixteen-months-later-search-continues-for-holly-bobo

"There is a large-scale search scheduled for the weekend of August 25th. Williams would like to see 200 volunteers help comb several wooded areas outside of Parsons."

Channel 5 news. Interview

Whisperer
08-16-2012, 02:02 AM
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19290159/sixteen-months-later-search-continues-for-holly-bobo

"There is a large-scale search scheduled for the weekend of August 25th. Williams would like to see 200 volunteers help comb several wooded areas outside of Parsons."

That's where I would look. It was rumored her books/papers were strewn out there near the school. She may have been disposed anywhere between the house and her school...mo.

I wish they would confirm if this is fact. <Mod Snip>..MO.

Am I now to believe the lunch bag was found near the school also? Wasn't the abandoned car with camo clothes and cell found near there? Do we have a picture of the exact spot for all these things? I doubt it. LE has to keep things close to their invisible vest..

Karen Anne RN
08-16-2012, 04:10 AM
<modsnip>

The lunch purse was found on D. Graves' property by his son. (Gooch Road.) I posted a photo of the area, here, about a week or so ago.

Here is my Holly map on Google: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en
It shows locations of the home, search areas, evidence found,etc.

Evidence Found ~ 4/24/11 near 100 Eaton Street, U.S. 641/Tennessee 69, Parsons TN
EASTER SUNDAY (This is un-named evidence. Some believe that the cell phone was located here.)

Warm Vehicle Found with Cell Phone Gloves & Camo ~ 4/15/11
386 Conrad Ridge Road, Parsons TN - on map

Holly's Lunch Bag & Duct Tape Found ~ 4/14/11 - on map
Gooch Road, Parsons TN

Oriah
08-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Karen Anne, thank you so much for keeping everyone updated on the search situation.

I think it is fairly safe to assume that the initial route of travel taken from the Bobo's residence was 5 Forks, Sulphur Spring, Bible Hill, Cub Creek, Gooch and beyond Gooch. Did he continue N on 1743? Or go E or W on Horny Head Creek? I think Horny Head Creek needs a closer look.

jmvho.

Karen Anne RN
08-16-2012, 10:03 AM
<Modsnip>

The church set up a booth inside the fair's agriculture building. There is a tip box in the booth where people can leave information, with no questions asked.
"Most of the time there is no one in this building, so it really is an anonymous tip," Dana Bobo explained.
My guess; the contents of the box will be examined by the family and the SAR group.
Also, tips can be left on a web site made by Southeast K9 SAR.

"If you have any information on the whereabouts of Holly Bobo.
Please fill out the form bellow even if you thank its something that isn't that important. You can remain 100% anonymous
There is a $250,000 Reward for her safe return, and $85,000.00 For the arrest and convection of the person/persons responsible"

http://www.findinghollybobo.com/tips.html
That's a total of over a third of a million dollars !

Oriah
08-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Bumping:

believe09
08-16-2012, 11:29 AM

The church set up a booth inside the fair's agriculture building. There is a tip box in the booth where people can leave information, with no questions asked.
"Most of the time there is no one in this building, so it really is an anonymous tip," Dana Bobo explained.
My guess; the contents of the box will be examined by the family and the SAR group.

Please fill out the form bellow even if you thank its something that isn't that important. You can remain 100% anonymous
There is a $250,000 Reward for her safe return, and $85,000.00 For the arrest and convection of the person/persons responsible"

Bump-they want 200 searchers. Has anyone reached out to admin here to see if this could go on the front page and/or on banners across the forums here on WS? I am happy to do it if no one else has had a chance to.

imamaze
08-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior,good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

No one has been named a suspect or POI in this case. No discussion of anyone including church members can be discussed as suspects or POI'S. If someone is in the media, you can discuss them with what we know thru the media. Rumors are not allowed.

Hope this helps, if you have other questions your more than welcome to pm me or any Mod here, we are happy to help.

Ima

dejavoodoo64
08-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior,good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

No one has been named a suspect or POI in this case. No discussion of anyone including church members can be discussed as suspects or POI'S. If someone is in the media, you can discuss them with what we know thru the media. Rumors are not allowed.

Hope this helps, if you have other questions your more than welcome to pm me or any Mod here, we are happy to help.

Ima

It helps me very much and is cleared up for me, Thank you.

/Every time I see your name I think about corn.:)

wfgodot
08-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Just a question-who would it benefit to release the 911 calls? I mean other than a curious public.
"Other than a curious public"? That's rather dismissive of the whole notion of WS, don't you think? Isn't this what we all are here, a curious public, a public seeking the truth and expecting accountability from those whose job it is to find it?

The 911 calls are crucial to anyone sleuthing this case, and for reasons known to all who know the case.

And anyone on WS sleuthing this case has only one goal: finding Holly Bobo.

wfgodot
08-16-2012, 02:06 PM

snip-snip

Please explain.

believe09
08-16-2012, 02:09 PM
"Other than a curious public"? That's rather dismissive of the whole notion of WS, don't you think? Isn't this what we all are here, a curious public, a public seeking the truth and expecting accountability from those whose job it is to find it?

The 911 calls are crucial to anyone sleuthing this case, and for reasons known to all who know the case.

Fair enough. I get you and others want the 911 calls to sleuth the case. I dont know why they are crucial. Perhaps you can share your thoughts about it?

We are the curious public and it is not dismissive at all. That is what we are. We want to know what LE has, right? Barring them telling us, which they havent and wont, what are the next steps or should we continue to ask for something we arent going to get?

I think releasing the 911 calls is cruel to those who called in. That is mho.

ETA: Everyone's goal is finding Holly, I would think, with the exception of the person who kidnapped her.

wfgodot
08-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Fair enough. I get you and others want the 911 calls to sleuth the case. I dont know why they are crucial. Perhaps you can share your thoughts about it?

We are the curious public and it is not dismissive at all. That is what we are. We want to know what LE has, right? Barring them telling us, which they havent and wont, what are the next steps or should we continue to ask for something we arent going to get?

I think releasing the 911 calls is cruel to those who called in. That is mho.

ETA: Everyone's goal is finding Holly, I would think, with the exception of the person who kidnapped her.
We should always ask for what we want to know, whether we will be given it or not.

I am not going to summarize the many arguments for release of the 911 calls which have occurred in thirty-four threads. "Read above," as they say.

Or perhaps they're not "crucial." But we'll never know if we don't have them.

"Cruel to those who called in"? Not following. Anyone who called 911 that day, for better or worse, involved him- or herself in this case. Anything which could be construed as "cruel" could be redacted from the calls and their transcripts upon their release.

Carla Lashelle
08-16-2012, 02:25 PM
The 911 calls would

1) clear up once and for all who did or didn't call 911
2) when the various people called 911
3) what the callers actually told the 911 operator
4) was any information put out in the calls that has not been made public?

For example we have various reports saying Clint did or didn't call 911. He either did or he didn't. If he did, what did he say? Did he say he saw his sister being drug off? What did Holly's mom say when she called 911? Did anyone hint at a motive or suspect? What exactly did the neighbor say he/she heard coming from the direction of Holly's house? And when was that 911 call made? Was that the first call? Did the 911 operator indicate anything or instruct anyone to do anything?

wfgodot
08-16-2012, 02:29 PM
The 911 calls would

1) clear up once and for all who did or didn't call 911
2) when the various people called 911
3) what the callers actually told the 911 operator
4) was any information put out in the calls that has not been made public?

For example we have various reports saying Clint did or didn't call 911. He either did or he didn't. If he did, what did he say? Did he say he saw his sister being drug off? What did Holly's mom say when she called 911? Did anyone hint at a motive or suspect? What exactly did the neighbor say he/she heard coming from the direction of Holly's house? And when was that 911 call made? Was that the first call? Did the 911 operator indicate anything or instruct anyone to do anything?
Thanks, Carla.

I'd also add a....

5) shine a light on LE's actions immediately after their hearing of the abduction

And that's why I believe the 911 calls have not been released. Just my humble opinion and all that.

~n/t~
08-16-2012, 09:18 PM

bbm. Thanks wasn't enough! Amen to that!

~n/t~
08-16-2012, 09:26 PM
For those not up to speed on the case.

Nobody ruled out in Holly Bobo Case

Nobody ruled out in Holly Bobo investigation - YouTube

~n/t~
08-16-2012, 09:50 PM

I don't understand the reward. Sorry, there is no incentive there. It's for her safe return and not for information leading to Holly (dead or alive) and the arrest of the persons responsible. What kind of incentive is that if she's dead? Of course we all hope she's alive but statistics aren't on her side. Sad but reality.

If someone in the community knows something and has information that the person responsible harmed Holly and the person may have a criminal record or a history of violence why in the world would they risk their own lives by calling in a tip? They wouldn't get the reward anyway. Yes, it's the moral thing to do but when your life is at risk or your family's?

Kimster
08-16-2012, 10:02 PM
There is a search for Holly scheduled for August 25, 2012.

This search is being sponsored by South East K9 Search and Rescue.
The SAR group is looking for an additional 200 volunteers!
Please pre-register at www.southeastk9sar.org

If you have any information regarding Holly's disappearance or whereabouts, there is an anonymous tip jar at the Decatur County Fairgrounds until Saturday August 18, 2012.

Online tips may be submitted to tipstotbi@tn.gov and https://tips.fbi.gov/

Kimster
08-16-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't understand the reward. Sorry, there is no incentive there. It's for her safe return and not for information leading to Holly (dead or alive) and the arrest of the persons responsible. What kind of incentive is that if she's dead? Of course we all hope she's alive but statistics aren't on her side. Sad but reality.

If someone in the community knows something and has information that the person responsible harmed Holly and the person may have a criminal record or a history of violence why in the world would they risk their own lives by calling in a tip? They wouldn't get the reward anyway. Yes, it's the moral thing to do but when your life is at risk or your family's?

I was watching an episode of "Disappeared" the other night and they were interviewing a missing person's mom. She was very excited that they had gathered reward money. My friend Kathy, mother and grandmother of the Wix girls, feels a great comfort in knowing someone has donated a reward to find her girls. The feeling is that someone who knows the perp might be enticed by money. They will do whatever they can to find their loved ones. Anything.

~n/t~
08-16-2012, 10:48 PM
I was watching an episode of "Disappeared" the other night and they were interviewing a missing person's mom. She was very excited that they had gathered reward money. My friend Kathy, mother and grandmother of the Wix girls, feels a great comfort in knowing someone has donated a reward to find her girls. The feeling is that someone who knows the perp might be enticed by money. They will do whatever they can to find their loved ones. Anything.

Hi Kimster,
How was the reward worded? Reward for information or Reward for the missing girls safe return? TIA

My point is if it's information for a missing person's SAFE return and sadly the missing person is dead, how does it entice someone to come forward with information if they won't collect the reward money?

I understand and agree that a reward offered for any information to finding the missing person may entice someone to come forward BUT if you add the word SAFE....I'm not so sure.

believe09
08-16-2012, 10:59 PM
There is a search for Holly scheduled for August 25, 2012.

This search is being sponsored by South East K9 Search and Rescue.
The SAR group is looking for an additional 200 volunteers!
Please pre-register at www.southeastk9sar.org (http://www.southeastk9sar.org)

If you have any information regarding Holly's disappearance or whereabouts, there is an anonymous tip jar at the Decatur County Fairgrounds until Saturday August 18, 2012.

Online tips may be submitted to tipstotbi@tn.gov and https://tips.fbi.gov/

:bow:

Kimster, thank you very very much for adding the request for additional searchers to the Front Page.

:rocker:

~n/t~
08-16-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm just posting Sierra Lamar's as an example.
Her missing poster

http://niecey456.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/sierralamarflyer_8_5x11_35kreward1.jpg

It says her safe return or successful prosecution of the individual responsible for her disappearance.

Lauren Spierer. $110,000 reward

http://amberpagewrites.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lauren.spierer.reward.flyer2_.jpg

Michelle Le $100,000 reward. I believe Amber Dubois mom, Carrie got the reward.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/a7/b5/a7b55d8421d48e79ba4872f06280b83c.jpg

Kimster
08-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Hi Kimster,
How was the reward worded? Reward for information or Reward for the missing girls safe return? TIA

My point is if it's information for a missing person's SAFE return and sadly the missing person is dead, how does it entice someone to come forward with information if they won't collect the reward money?

I understand and agree that a reward offered for any information to finding the missing person may entice someone to come forward BUT if you add the word SAFE....I'm not so sure.

In the Wix case, it just said "reward". (I went to check and am sad to say the private reward was withdrawn. :( )

I'm not sure what it said in the case I was watching on Disappeared. I've been watching it marathon style via Netflix over the past few days and can't remember which case it was. :doh: However, the money was donated, as was the Wix reward. I would assume the terms are up to the person putting up the money. Is there verification of who made this donation? And I'm still not sure why it matters. I think our train of thought differs in this regard.

~n/t~
08-17-2012, 05:45 AM
In the Wix case, it just said "reward". (I went to check and am sad to say the private reward was withdrawn. :( )

I'm not sure what it said in the case I was watching on Disappeared. I've been watching it marathon style via Netflix over the past few days and can't remember which case it was. :doh: However, the money was donated, as was the Wix reward. I would assume the terms are up to the person putting up the money. Is there verification of who made this donation? And I'm still not sure why it matters. I think our train of thought differs in this regard.

No it shouldn't matter. I agree with you on that. Any moral human being should speak up if they know something regardless of the amount of reward money or not. I don't think rewards make a difference in these sad cases. Many times the missing person is found by someone who is not even looking for them and just happens on their remains.

~n/t~
08-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Holly Bobo's family hopes, renews effort to find

Chris Williams, with Southeast Canine Search and Rescue, said the Bobo family also wants to shake hands with people who have helped in ongoing searches for Holly.

Williams said the family believes Holly is still alive. The searcher is less certain and said success could be discovery of a burial site.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/aug/17/holly-bobos-family-hopes-renews-effort-to-find/

Carla Lashelle
08-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks, Carla.

I'd also add a....

5) shine a light on LE's actions immediately after their hearing of the abduction

And that's why I believe the 911 calls have not been released. Just my humble opinion and all that.

I'm not sure you would get that... the 911 calls to a dispatcher usually dont have any information about any subsequent police response. Thats not handled on the phone with the caller. usually the dispatcher just says to wait there and someone will arrive shortly. Actualy private police scanner chatter would be interesting though. But again the initial 911 calls would indicate what kind of response should be made based on what was said to the dispatcher.

wfgodot
08-17-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure you would get that... the 911 calls to a dispatcher usually dont have any information about any subsequent police response. Thats not handled on the phone with the caller. usually the dispatcher just says to wait there and someone will arrive shortly. Actualy private police scanner chatter would be interesting though. But again the initial 911 calls would indicate what kind of response should be made based on what was said to the dispatcher.
Yes, I know, but the subsequent actions by LE are a natural consequence of the 911 calls, which certainly might reflect whether LE's decision to wait for the tracking dogs instead of pursuing the kidnapper was a sound one. Also, the calls might shed light on what many see as LE's attempt to scapegoat Clint by, in essence, blaming him for the whole "drug into"/"led into" (http://www.tbi.tn.gov/news_room/documents/Missing%20Woman%20Feared%20Victim%20of%20Home%20In vasion%20Kidnapping.pdf) confusion.

Oriah
08-17-2012, 02:29 PM
I have a question for everyone interested in having the 911 calls released, should they ever be released.

What are we all going to actively do to find Holly, if given that additional information? Can we work on that here at WS's? Like- sort of a preparation plan for a possible release of that info- and what we all will do, according to the many possible scenarios that may come out of it?

wfgodot
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I have a question for everyone interested in having the 911 calls released, should they ever be released.

What are we all going to actively do to find Holly, if given that additional information? Can we work on that here at WS's? Like- sort of a preparation plan for a possible release of that info- and what we all will do, according to the many possible scenarios that may come out of it?
Certainly a point well-taken, and yet it puts strictures on what we can and cannot discuss.

As far as I know, the only no-go in discussion is any that would seek to cast aspersions on a victimized, grieving family.

These threads have provided a rich variety of discussion covering all aspects of this case.

I hope that that rich variety of discussion can continue.

RoseRed
08-17-2012, 07:42 PM

I do not believe TN ever releases 911 calls. I think it is a TN law.

goldiegirl
08-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Question - just wondering, why is Holly's case still labeled as "believed abducted" here on WS instead of "abducted"?

Karen Anne RN
08-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Young Holly

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1601&pictureid=13867

Yikes, I don't know how to make this smaller. If this blows the margins, mods please let me know, and I'll remove it.

Karen Anne RN
08-17-2012, 10:17 PM
"There is a $250,000 Reward for her safe return"

"$85,000.00 for the arrest and conviction of the person/persons responsible"

That's a total of over a Third Of A Million Dollars.

"If you have any information on the whereabouts of Holly Bobo, please fill out the form below, even if you think it's something that isn't that important.
You can remain 100% anonymous"

Mr. Noatak
08-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Okay. So let's maybe create scenarios and then apply the possible 911 calls to them- and then assign a possible route of travel accordingly?

Sort of like an outline.

For example (and this is only an example used for this approach, not actual because I have no idea of the actual):
Let's say:

Clint was the first to make a 911 call.
-dispatch responds and sends out a patrol car
Karen was the first to make a 911 call.
Holly was the first to make a 911 call
Drew was the first to make a 911 call
Dana was the first to make a 911 call
Neighbor was the first to make a 911 call
etc etc etc.

Now going from the point of view that all of these possibilities exist- and that all of these people were in different locations at the time (remember, the 911 system has auto locate, so we can generate a possible math equation here) how fast and in what direction would the person who abducted Holly have been traveling? What amount of time did they have from each location of an initial 911 call? Walking, running, vehicle, etc.
We have a pretty tight time frame here. We should be able to figure this out for each possible scenario.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Regarding 911 calls, the following is snipped from my timeline and slightly re-worded for clarity. If you have not seen my timeline, these entries will seem a bit disconnected.

[[7:40-ish (male neighbor’s mother calls Holly’s mother at work about the scream, witness is secretary who relays info to mother) ****note that earlier newspaper accounts may indicate a 7:30 time for the scream AND that the nearby neighbors called 911 at this same time, curiously the 7:30 time for a 911 call was supposedly mentioned by an official; it seems that this is now corrected to 7:40?- but did someone actually call 911 before Holly’s mother?****]] NO CALL TO 911?

[[7:50-ish (Holly's mother calls 911 but is not satisfied that she talked to the right office, witness is Henderson County dispatch)]] FIRST CALL

[[7:50-ish (Holly's mother calls 911 again, witness is Decatur County dispatch)]] SECOND CALL

[[8:00-ish: (brother calls 911 as he hears sirens, witness is presumably the dispatcher- note that this call may have been at 7:59 based on a supposed official comment)]] THIRD CALL

There are three 911 calls that probably occurred. There is still a possibility of a 4th call at 7:40-ish. This presumes that the neighbor woman could have called 911, before contacting Holly's mother at work.

Myself, I would be more interested in the precise time of each 911 call, rather than the verbal content.

Mr. Noatak
08-18-2012, 12:11 AM

As you will gather, I am back. I have not been away; just busy gathering more evidence. I have previously posted a detailed timeline for this case and I hope my timeline is still contemporary and useful. I did see the post about the person who found the keycard. If there are any other firm updates, let me know about them and I will tweak my timeline. I want the mods to know that even though I maintain a thick electronic dossier of reports, photos, and videos concerning the Holly Bobo case, I have never named a suspect. In that spirit, the following discussion is NOT intended to even hint at any specific individual named in this case. I do however, plead guilty to visiting competing sleuther sites to fish for additional tidbits.

I have felt since Day 1 that this case is eminently solvable. The perpetrator knew Holly's daily schedule well. The crime was in a sparsely populated area with very few or no adjacent suspects, where the police arrive very promptly and everybody knows everybody. Dogs on the scent fairly expeditiously. If there was a four-wheeler or truck in the woods behind the home speeding off with Holly, it would have been heard from the Bobo household. Tire tracks of a 4-wheeler or truck would have been readily identifiable on secondary or logging roads. Even a few patrol cars could have formed an impenetrable dragnet. So, I think that the perpetrator was not clever, they were lucky.

The following theory presumes that Holly was abducted (remember that even this cannot be known with certainty, based upon how little info we are privy to). Until this crime is resolved, I will continue to be puzzled that the lunch bag and phone were not dumped at or very close to the abduction site. But I have to work with the official story-lines.

I call this guy out. The perpetrator is local. The perpetrator had gradually developed an obsession with Holly. I suggest it is someone who knew Holly well enough to determine her daily schedule. This individual was not an inner-circle friend, but someone in the median circle (friend of a friend or a very casual acquaintance through growing up OR present-day school, church, or work). I think the perpetrator used a knife in the apprehension. I can come to no other conclusion that after the perpetrator confronted Holly and pleaded with her in some bizarre fashion in the carport, he became panicked or enraged and she was hustled through the edge of the woods, quickly loaded into a vehicle, and taken north along Swan Johnson Road. This vehicle is most likely to be a car with a trunk, and not a truck. The perpetrator is most likely to have been based out of a place north from the Bobo household, in the Bible Hill region. Holly may have been held prisoner for a time at a residence in the Bible Hill region. The lunch bag was tossed on the day of the crime, but Holly was not with the perpetrator when the lunch bag was tossed. The placement of the lunch bag was not arbitrary, rather a crude attempt to misdirect searchers or even to frame someone else. The cell phone (if it exists) was planted at a later time.

Something that has been in the back of my mind from day one. The perpetrator must have waited in the woods until he believed that only Holly was home. Yet, he would have observed only the mother and father leaving the home. If he knew enough to lie in wait, he would also know that the brother had not left yet. UNLESS, he believed that Holly's brother had left very early to hunt turkeys with Holly's boyfriend.

If a sleuth would reverse-engineer the slip-ups of the perpetrator (lunch bag placement, Holly's brother still at home, failure to leave the crime scene immediately), they might get a better understand about who this individual is. An example of reverse engineering in analyzing a case: police find a damning piece of evidence lying conspicuously in my back yard. They should ask me- "do you know anyone who is capable of committing this crime AND who knows you and where you live?" Or more relevantly- they could ask Holly's brother- "do you know any creepy person who might have been under the impression that you would be out hunting on the day of the crime?"

Keep on sleuthing!

believe09
08-18-2012, 12:34 AM
The FBI states, still, on their poster for Holly's case that she was kidnapped.

The only question as to whether or not that statement is true seems to be on these threads.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view

MizStery
08-18-2012, 01:16 AM
Thank-you,Mr. Noatac. About a year ago when I began reading this thread ....your timeline was an enormous help in sorting through the terrifying events of that April morning. A salute to :websleuther: Mr. Noatac.

:offtobed:

Whisperer
08-18-2012, 01:37 AM
I completely agree with Mr. Noatak.Thus case is very solvable. The question remains why hasn't it been?

LE doesn't want the public involved. Why? I still say it would be rare and I have never heard of a case remain unsolved when LE arrive within x10min and they have an eye witness to the crime.

It appears no one is willing to confront the local LE about the case and how they are handling it, which IMO is beyond poor.

Whisperer
08-18-2012, 01:41 AM
If the perp thought that Holly was alone, why hide the get-away car? They are out in the middle of no-where, FPS!

Mr Noatak, your summaries leads me to think it could have been the neighbor. That is one person that needs to be cleared. Of course, we will never know anything...

We can sit here for years and this LE/Pastor group is not going to talk. They haven't said anything since 4-16-11. When the father of Holly stuttered and told us the blood was Holly's, he was whisked away. Pretty darn clear to me, LE/pastors/spokespeople are running the show.

Whisperer
08-18-2012, 01:47 AM

Oh, good grief. I never heard of such a thing. The people of the State voted for this???

Plumeria5
08-18-2012, 02:55 AM
Oh, good grief. I never heard of such a thing. The people of the State voted for this???

This is interesting...wonder if Holly's county does this. I will look.

http://www.mcgtn.org/sheriff/911-call-log

Mr. Noatak
08-18-2012, 02:55 AM
If the perp thought that Holly was alone, why hide the get-away car? They are out in the middle of no-where, FPS!

Mr Noatak, your summaries leads me to think it could have been the neighbor. That is one person that needs to be cleared. Of course, we will never know anything...

We can sit here for years and this LE/Pastor group is not going to talk. They haven't said anything since 4-16-11. When the father of Holly stuttered and told us the blood was Holly's, he was whisked away. Pretty darn clear to me, LE/pastors/spokespeople are running the show.

Although I have a policy of never naming a suspect, I will report who I believe is NOT a suspect. I personally believe the immediate neighbors mentioned in the press reports are NOT suspects in this case. I believe that they are important witnesses. But, this does not discredit your reasoning. I am just some guy with an opinion, and my interpretation is no better than yours.

Chili Fries
08-18-2012, 09:16 AM

That law was proposed but I'm very sure it never actually became a law. It was reported on by the media when it was proposed but never went anywhere. I've taken a thorough look at the state statutes and there is nothing that says the 911 calls can't be released.

However, I think many posters in this thread have made good arguments as to why it would be unfair to Holly's family to release the recordings (after I posted about how I e-mailed a Memphis reporter asking about them), so I think it's probably a good idea to keep them private if it spares the family pain.

officer'swife 2010
08-18-2012, 07:37 PM
You think this case would be very easy to solve. Broad daylight? Brother saw Holly going into the woods?? Why hasn't she been found? Just doesn't add up to me. I'm groggy in the mornings too but someone had to see something besides what her brother saw.

rachaellouise
08-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Whilst some may say the case is easily solvable (determined to be a stranger abduction, or someone who knew her but not in the immediate friends and family) but then you have to think, that opens up a whole new ball game of trying to figure out WHO would take her (especially if it is a stranger, no way of tying anyone down)

Whisperer
08-19-2012, 08:10 PM
We are left with one of two things regarding the perp and his abduction of Holly. He either knew Clint was home or he didn't. If he knew Clint was home, why the dilly-dallying around and arguing, etc? Why make a trip to the woods so Clint could see him take Holly? A reasonable conclusion would be he didn't think Clint was home.

OTOH, if he thought Clint wasn't home. Why park in the woods? Why have to convince the victim to walk with him? No experienced perp would do either of these two things. That brings us down to Holly knowing the perp. If Holly knew the perp, why hide the car and have to walk to his victim and then get his victim to walk with him to a waiting vehicle?

It makes no sense. Neither does Clint's version of events. There are gaps that need to be filled in. I am sure the answers lie in the 911 call. I don't believe hearing the 911 call by the family would be painful to them. The family has been through worse. I think there is another reason why they aren't released. My guess is they give clues to what happened.

Plumeria5
08-19-2012, 08:48 PM
We are left with one of two things regarding the perp and his abduction of Holly. He either knew Clint was home or he didn't. If he knew Clint was home, why the dilly-dallying around and arguing, etc? Why make a trip to the woods so Clint could see him take Holly? A reasonable conclusion would be he didn't think Clint was home.

OTOH, if he thought Clint wasn't home. Why park in the woods? Why have to convince the victim to walk with him? No experienced perp would do either of these two things. That brings us down to Holly knowing the perp. If Holly knew the perp, why hide the car and have to walk to his victim and then get his victim to walk with him to a waiting vehicle?

It makes no sense. Neither does Clint's version of events. There are gaps that need to be filled in. I am sure the answers lie in the 911 call. I don't believe hearing the 911 call by the family would be painful to them. The family has been through worse. I think there is another reason why they aren't released. My guess is they give clues to what happened.

I came up with one scenario if he thought Clint wasn't home. Holly knew the guy and thought he was acting alone. "They" parked in the woods and one of them went to the house while the others stayed in the vehicle. Holly thought she would eventually be able to talk her way out of it and "he" would let her go after a while. When she gets to the vehicle, she realizes there is more than one guy involved. Now that is where you would think she would scream again...assuming she screamed in the garage when she was hurt. IDK! :banghead: Usually kidnappings are like smash and grabs but this one seemed to go in s-l-o-w motion!

Whisperer
08-19-2012, 11:30 PM
1. The crime may have even started inside the house. The Bobos admitted they never used to lock their house or their cars.

2. I would hope Clint could describe the way the perp walked as he watched them walk into the woods. Clint believed it was Drew. Did he walk like Drew also?

3. I believe Clint observed from another vantage point but I can't continue on this line of thinking here because I know how adamant mods are about questioning Clint's statement.

4. If the responders knew the logging road was used, why not block off the North and South exit from their property?

5. I never did find out why the outside dog (retriever) didn't do anything and why we never heard of any such noise he made if he did.

Can we have more info on the puddle and clarification on the specks of blood on the grass? I clearly recall it being mentioned. Was Holly harmed elsewhere in the yard and she was stopped trying to get in her car? Why did she carry her purse (her father told us) with camera and keys with her to the woods?

Plumeria5
08-19-2012, 11:55 PM
1. The crime may have even started inside the house. The Bobos admitted they never used to lock their house or their cars.

2. I would hope Clint could describe the way the perp walked as he watched them walk into the woods. Clint believed it was Drew. Did he walk like Drew also?

3. I believe Clint observed from another vantage point but I can't continue on this line of thinking here because I know how adamant mods are about questioning Clint's statement.

4. If the responders knew the logging road was used, why not block off the North and South exit from their property?

5. I never did find out why the outside dog (retriever) didn't do anything and why we never heard of any such noise he made if he did.

Can we have more info on the puddle and clarification on the specks of blood on the grass? I clearly recall it being mentioned. Was Holly harmed elsewhere in the yard and she was stopped trying to get in her car? Why did she carry her purse (her father told us) with camera and keys with her to the woods?

BBM I hear you Whisperer. Granted Golden Retrievers are laid back...but and I mean a BIG BUT...:floorlaugh: dogs sense when something is wrong. If I have even a scratch my dogs will smell my wound in an attempt to help me. Unless their golden is use to people screaming and getting wounded in the yard, I don't understand why it wouldn't react in some way. That would have been a very good interview question but unfortunately it didn't get asked. :maddening:

~n/t~
08-20-2012, 06:37 AM

Did Dana say her keys also? For some reason I recall reading her car keys were found in her car (?) Did she have 2 separate sets? House keys and car keys? Or maybe her car keys were always left in her vehicle considering they never locked the doors according to Dana?

I wish some of these simple questions could be answered. The reason I'm interested in the car keys (if found inside her vehicle) is as a result of 2 other cases in Tennessee where the vehicles were found burned. In both cases, the girls bodies were found away from their vehicle leading investigators to believe the crimes occurred in other locations before the perp burned the vehicles.

IF Holly's abductor had a similar plan, perhaps Clint being home botched his plan and that's why he was seen walking away with Holly (??)

wfgodot
08-20-2012, 08:09 AM
First sentence of first TBI press release:

Nashville, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office are actively looking for leads in a possible home invasion and abduction of a 20-year-old Darden, Tenn. woman from her home this morning.
It's just, what qualifies as a home invasion? Holly and the perp bending over looking at something and Clint sees them there, semi-inside, or was this first reported different than we know, and someone was in the house proper.

This is the infamous "drug across the carport" release, and never should have seen the light of day unless changes were made in its text.

http://www.tbi.tn.gov/news_room/documents/Missing%20Woman%20Feared%20Victim%20of%20Home%20In vasion%20Kidnapping.pdf

Carla Lashelle
08-20-2012, 08:53 AM

2. I would hope Clint could describe the way the perp walked as he watched them walk into the woods. Clint believed it was Drew. Did he walk like Drew also? But when he saw them walking away in the yard was this not AFTER Clint had spoken with his mom and she had told him it was not Drew. So did he still think it was?

3. I believe Clint observed from another vantage point but I can't continue on this line of thinking here because I know how adamant mods are about questioning Clint's statement. We know he first heard them walking around in the yard, then saw them kneeling in the garage before he again witnessed them walking in the yard.

4. If the responders knew the logging road was used, why not block off the North and South exit from their property? There are different reports as to how quickly LE did or didn't do anything once they arrived on the scene.

5. I never did find out why the outside dog (retriever) didn't do anything and why we never heard of any such noise he made if he did. I think people place way to much importance or emphasis on the reaction or lack of reaction of pets. Well trained, acclimated, friendly dogs may not make much noise.

Can we have more info on the puddle and clarification on the specks of blood on the grass? I clearly recall it being mentioned. Was Holly harmed elsewhere in the yard and she was stopped trying to get in her car? The yard comments come from an early JVM or Nancy Grace talking head type interview. No other confirmed source ever said anything about blood in the yard. Seemingly it was in the garage/by the car only, and supposedly a small amount. Why did she carry her purse (her father told us) with camera and keys with her to the woods? I assume she had items in a bag, possibly slung over her shoulder. And when she left the garage with the suspect either she just reflexively hung onto it, the suspect told her to grab it, or the suspect grabbed it. It has never been explained exactly what Holly had with her that morning and how she would have normally carried it, .ie. in a book/school bag, in with her lunch, in a purse, etc. .

some thoughts in red

Chili Fries
08-20-2012, 02:14 PM

My thoughts...

- He parked in the woods so he would have the element of surprise and so he would not have his escape route cut off. Holly may have seen his car if he parked too far up the driveway, which could have made her cautious, and if he didn't, he could have been seen from the road and even had his escape route cut off by any car turning into the driveway. It seems smarter to me to park in the woods because if somebody did show up before he had the chance to abduct Holly, he could abandon his plan for the day, slip back in the woods unnoticed and try another day. He didn't want to take the chance of his car getting blocked in when it's was time for him to leave the vicinity.

- I think him not knowing Clint was home could be a big clue if Clint's car was visible. If he didn't recognize Clint's car then he's not somebody who knows the family (I think a guy from Holly's school is a strong possibility in this scenario).

- I think he could have asked Holly if somebody was home when he attacked her and she lied and told him she was alone to protect Clint. Since the guy probably had a knife or gun, Holly could have very well been worried about the attacker killing Clint if he knew Clint was inside.

Plumeria5
08-20-2012, 04:18 PM
some thoughts in red

I wholeheartedly disagree with your comments on #5. Whether the outside dog was trained or not does not change my thoughts about the fact that dogs react to their master's pain or peril. From the photo of Holly holding Rascal and the photo with the horse, Holly appeared to have a love of animals. What I love about dogs is their loyalty and in Holly's case I don't for a minute think the dog would have just curled up outside napping, or sat watching Holly being hurt to the point of bleeding and led away. At the very least I see the dog with its curiosity going to Holly and/or following when she was led away.
Dogs are much smarter than we often give them credit for.

Carla Lashelle
08-20-2012, 04:53 PM
I wholeheartedly disagree with your comments on #5. Whether the outside dog was trained or not does not change my thoughts about the fact that dogs react to their master's pain or peril. From the photo of Holly holding Rascal and the photo with the horse, Holly appeared to have a love of animals. What I love about dogs is their loyalty and in Holly's case I don't for a minute think the dog would have just curled up outside napping, or sat watching Holly being hurt to the point of bleeding and led away. At the very least I see the dog with its curiosity going to Holly and/or following when she was led away.
Dogs are much smarter than we often give them credit for.

The thing is here we have no real information about the dog even. There are some general comments about an indoor and outdoor dog but thats it. Do we know a dog was even outdoors? Since the yard is not fenced in (it is now I think) I doubt a dog just ran around totally lose. It could have been indoors, staked up somewhere, who knows.

I stand by my comments too. Everyone was so sure in the Anne Pressly case that she had to have known her attacker because she lived with two dogs and no one heard any noise and the dogs never apparently attacked the suspect. Turns out the guy broke into her house and the dogs did NOTHING. By the killers own admission the dogs (cocker spaniels) were sleeping on Annes bed when he went in her room and assaulted her. Presumably the dogs ran off as they were found running loose a day or so later.

Chili Fries
08-20-2012, 05:08 PM
The thing is here we have no real information about the dog even. There are some general comments about an indoor and outdoor dog but thats it. Do we know a dog was even outdoors? Since the yard is not fenced in (it is now I think) I doubt a dog just ran around totally lose. It could have been indoors, staked up somewhere, who knows.

I stand by my comments too. Everyone was so sure in the Anne Pressly case that she had to have known her attacker because she lived with two dogs and no one heard any noise and the dogs never apparently attacked the suspect. Turns out the guy broke into her house and the dogs did NOTHING. By the killers own admission the dogs (cocker spaniels) were sleeping on Annes bed when he went in her room and assaulted her. Presumably the dogs ran off as they were found running loose a day or so later.

I figured that if the Bobos have outside dogs they are hunting dogs and they keep them in a kennel. I haven't seen an outside kennel on any helicopter shots of the house but it doesn't mean there isn't one, those shots don't clearly show the whole area around the house.

Plumeria5
08-20-2012, 05:20 PM
I figured that if the Bobos have outside dogs they are hunting dogs and they keep them in a kennel. I haven't seen an outside kennel on any helicopter shots of the house but it doesn't mean there isn't one, those shots don't clearly show the whole area around the house.

They have a Golden Retriever and it was shown in the video walking around them when Karen was interviewed outside the house.

Plumeria5
08-20-2012, 05:23 PM

And they could have been the type of dogs to run out the door when the door was left open...before the attack.

I stand by my opinions, too. Let's agree to disagree.

masootz
08-20-2012, 06:13 PM
i've gone through and read most of previous threads (seriously, wow) and i have a couple thoughts. would love feedback.

in a case this publicized you really have to work hard to separate the fact from the rumor. you have to boil it all down to things which are indisputable otherwise you end up with theories out the wazoo based on nothing but conjecture.
everything else can be piled on later, but if you start with what is certain then you immediately start to eliminate things which aren't plausible. so, what do we KNOW about this case? what are the indisputable facts?

1) hb remains missing for more than a year
2) her blood was found near her car on the day she went missing
3) several personal items were later found nowhere near where her blood was found
4) whatever happened to her had to have happened in a small window of time (approx twenty minutes)

almost everything else (again, correct me if i'm wrong) is based on someone seeing or reporting something - they report witnessing something, they report calling 911, they report what the scene looked like, LE reports what they can tell
us, etc and every one of those reports differs at least a little bit from each other because that's how human beings work. we recall things from our imperfect memory and sometimes what we remember differs greatly from what happened.
sometimes we remember things based on our opinions of events. we're not perfect and that's ok.

so let's see what we can determine from those things above. from there we try to move to making sense of those three things in the way that causes us to make the LEAST number of assumptions. every time you make an assumption it's like
taking a left or right turn off the main road. pretty soon you're so far removed from your original path that you wonder how you got where you are.

1) hb remains missing for more than a year - it takes virtually no assumptions to claim that she didn't go missing of her own volition. coupled with #2 it would take many more assumptions to create a scenario where she tried to fake an
abduction or some similar scenario where she caused an injury to herself leaving blood near her car, so we're left to assume someone did something to her (i'm trying hard to be brief, although brevity isn't my strength). ok, so we're
exactly where we thought we'd be. someone did something to her. let's look at #2.

2) her blood was found near her car on the day she went missing - it takes virtually no assumptions to claim that someone who isn't hb caused an injury to her and that injury was likely during the process of causing her to go missing. i
know this seems so far like "duh, we know" but think about it. there have been months of questioning motives of family and friends but stop and think - someone caused an injury to her around her car, outside of her house. how plausible
is it that this would be in any way connected to someone inside her house? if it was a premeditated attack from someone with access to the inside of her house why would they make their move outside? it takes more assumptions to believe
someone with access to her house would cause an injury to her near her car unless there were a reason to do so (this includes the often posited "someone was in her house" series of theories).

3) several personal items were found nowhere near where her blood was found - again, we don't have all of the specifics, but it has reliably been stated that personal items she was reported to have on her have been found in various
locations well after she went missing, none of which was near (meaning within a frame of space that she could have put them there without external influence) where her blood was found near her car. this indicates either hb herself is
placing items around various locations or the perpetrator(s) did so. what again doesn't seem plausible is that anyone who was part of LE's initial investigation (specifically the people who live with her, her boyfriend, etc) would have been able to conceal
these personal effects through various searches of their property in order to day(s) later plant them somewhere. again, it takes more assumptions to find a way to involve anyone from her immediate circle. the least number of assumptions again points to an external perpetrator.

4) whatever happened to her had to have happened in a small window of time - it's not assumptive to be suspicious of a single person's report (corroboration is always a strong way forward), but given that at least five separate people
reported speaking with her the morning of her disappearance (three family members from the home, a friend external to the house, and a boyfriend external to the house) we can assume she was ok as of approximately 740am. law enforcement
arrived at approximately 8am. that gives a twenty minute window of opportunity. again, the conjecture about the involvement of anyone close to her just doesn't add up. if it was someone close to her they had twenty minutes to a) harm her
near her car, b) hide her or her body so well that over a year's worth of subsequent searches have found nothing, hide her personal items so well that they would not be found during any search, and then plant those items in various
locations after the fact without being detected.

it doesn't add up in any way, shape, or form that anyone other than an external perpetrator would have the time to commit the act, the ability to conceal evidence of the act within the timeframe, and the ability to place (or cause to be
placed) her personal items in various locations after the fact. i know this probably seems obvious to a lot of you but reading through all of these threads the past few days there are just so many branches of theories that simply don't (to me) make any sense given what we know. just my 2 cents.

wishuwerehere
08-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Many theories have been played out so as to eliminate elements of some of those theories. Talk it out, wring it out, flush it out, and see what remains. Old fashioned process of elimination.

The calls surrounding Holly’s abduction is, IMO, a crucial clue to this case. There is a flurry of calls which occur directly before the abduction. Did Holly give some clue to her boyfriend about something that didn’t seem right? We don’t know, he’s never given a public interview, nor do I think LE would allow him to release info of that nature. Then there’s the timing of the 911 calls, along with their descriptions which also we do not know. There is the neighbor’s account re hearing screams. We have never heard from the actual neighbor who heard the screams, to give his own account re the longevity of the screams and/or how many screams (was it just screaming or did Holly yell something verbally?), and why didn’t he find it necessary to check things out for himself (we don’t know).

The house dog is a clue to this case because, according to Clint, Rascal’s barking is what caused him to get out of bed and look outside. It’s never mentioned whether the outside dog was barking; something else we don’t know. Also, does Rascal bark at everyone when they’re outside and he’s inside, or is it just strangers (or just non family members) that cause him to give an alert? We don’t know.

Was a trail of Holly’s blood found on the property? We don’t know.

Why did Dana Bobo have to cordon off the carport area where Holly’s blood was found? What was LE doing at this time? Did any LE attempt to go into the woods immediately to try to find Holly? Also, when the search dogs arrived, did they lead to an area where a car may have been parked? We don’t know. How did LE know if Holly was or wasn’t hurt lying on the ground inside of the woods, maybe bleeding to death, why wait for the dogs? We don’t know.

These are just a few of the things about this case that we don’t know. One thing I do know is there’s a lot more that we don’t know.

Carla Lashelle
08-20-2012, 07:32 PM
And they could have been the type of dogs to run out the door when the door was left open...before the attack.

I stand by my opinions, too. Let's agree to disagree.

sounds good to me. we really dont know enough about the dogs to say for certain one or both played any sort of role in what happened.

If they had a kennel it would be close to the house not a hundred yards away... the aerial shots have shown quite a bit of property.

Like everything else in this case - real details are pretty sketchy.

Carla Lashelle
08-20-2012, 07:51 PM
The fact that LE searched the street in front of Holly's school, and IIRC found something, indicates to me that someone was watching or following her. That would seem to me that this probably was NOT someone that knew Holly well.

Also someone that knew Holly well would be able to abduct her in a more risk-free manner. Nabbing someone outside of their own home, in broad daylight, AFTER someone saw you with the victim, is pretty bold. To me that does not imply familiarity with the victim, but rather lack of familiarity. Getting her at her house may have been the only way the suspect could think of based on what (little?) he knew of her. Someone that knew her better would have known more of her schedule or places she went alone. Someone that she was even friends with could arrange something to lure her away. Only someone who was pretty much a stranger to Holly would have to try to get her from her own house.

And there are some pretty strange RANDOM crimes that happen in the home. That can't be discounted. By random I mean the suspect and Holly had no prior involvement before the suspect decided to abduct her. The Denise Amber Lee kidnapping and murder here in Florida was that kind of crime. She was abducted from her own home by someone with no known ties to her. How he found her alone in the house, how he got in, how he got her out, are unknown. Initially it had been said the suspect had been in line with her at the post office that morning but her husband said no, she had not left her two infant children and had not gone to the post office. Somehow the guy knew she was there... but how?

Whisperer
08-21-2012, 06:34 AM
What have the FBI found on all the evidence collected? Out here, they test them and put the results through a database. They also tell the public they found DNA. My understanding is evidence was found near Dana's work out in Parsons and some was found near her school in Parsons.

I guess the LE out there have better things to do than share info of any evidence found. It is important for them, they say, to keep things close and not share anything..okiedokiethen.

Whisperer
08-21-2012, 06:36 AM
The more you dig in this case, the closer it brings you to homegrown.

What time do turkey hunters leave for hunting and what time did Drew leave that day?

Sure, we heard he went to work....but are we really sure of the time? It appears everyone in the case works or goes to school in Parsons. The perp traveled there too. I would think a stranger would have gone a different route. This perp went to familiar territory...that is not unusual.

masootz
08-21-2012, 07:55 AM
What time do turkey hunters leave for hunting and what time did Drew leave that day?

Sure, we heard he went to work....but are we really sure of the time?

again, to insinuate the boyfriend had something to do with it means he managed to a) harm her near her car b) kidnap her or hide her body and c) conceal her personal items all within twenty minutes. additionally, in that case he would have had to later retrieve her personal items and plant them in various locations (the field where the farmer found her bag, wherever they found the "easter" items). it makes absolutely no sense that anyone close to her could have accomplished that in twenty minutes let alone have done all of it so well that over a year later LE still has no evidence.

the person who did this to her may have been a local, they may have been familiar with her and the area around her home, but they were not one of her inner circle. law enforcement was all over her family by 8:00am that morning. there was just no time for any of those theories to make sense.

~n/t~
08-21-2012, 03:01 PM
It's not impossible for a perp to commit a crime and dispose of a body in a short period of time (depending on where they disposed of the victim).

Not sure why one has to believe the perp stayed in the area? The perp could be local and could've grabbed Holly, walked with her to his vehicle. He could have been anywhere else in Tennessee or another State whilst the rest of Darden was on the Bobo property.

masootz
08-21-2012, 04:01 PM
It's not impossible for a perp to commit a crime and dispose of a body in a short period of time (depending on where they disposed of the victim).

Not sure why one has to believe the perp stayed in the area? The perp could be local and could've grabbed Holly, walked with her to his vehicle. He could have been anywhere else in Tennessee or another State whilst the rest of Darden was on the Bobo property.

i agree with you except for the part about disposing of the body (in this case). i have to think whatever the person's motivation was, it was not to kidnap this girl just to immediate kill her and hide her body. that doesn't add up in this case, especially since a body has never been found and if they did such a thing in a short period of time, the body would have to be somewhere nearby.

i agree with your notion that the perp likely left the area (and i also think likely with hb).

Whisperer
08-21-2012, 04:33 PM
It would be helpful to know and see the exact location of items found. Were they thrown or placed, for instance? We know the location (sort of) but no close up of the spot with its surroundings. Remember the Sierra Lamar case? We have close-ups and how far exactly it was from road (even measurements). We saw the field and its proximity to the road with both cell phone and bag.

....not with Holly's case. Perhaps locals have this info but I doubt it. We know it was near or in Bible Hill area. Was the abandoned car with camo clothes/cell(?) there also?

What happened to DNA belonging on these items?

Whisperer
08-21-2012, 04:38 PM
I think we need to know the time of the 911 calls. I would like to know why CB didn't go into the woods with his gun in hand. The story tells us he grabbed the gun but a neighbor arrived and he talked to her instead. Does that make sense? not to me. The hezz with anybody arriving, I'd be running into those woods following the perp.

wishuwerehere
08-21-2012, 06:05 PM
The more you dig in this case, the closer it brings you to homegrown.

Sure, we heard he went to work....but are we really sure of the time? It appears everyone in the case works or goes to school in Parsons. The perp traveled there too. I would think a stranger would have gone a different route. This perp went to familiar territory...that is not unusual.

bbm
I agree. This seems personal to the perp. It makes me think he knew her and she knew him, but not, necessarily, in an obvious sort of way.

Example: If my dentist approached me at my house early one morning while I was about to get into my car, I first would ask “what are you doing here?” He would be out of place. I would think I was dreaming, but then it would sink in quickly something is very, very wrong here. Please note: I am NOT suggesting Holly’s dentist had anything to do with her disappearance. I’m just trying to illustrate that you can be associated with someone (even closely) and they still can be a stranger to your everyday life.

~n/t~
08-21-2012, 07:50 PM
i agree with you except for the part about disposing of the body (in this case). i have to think whatever the person's motivation was, it was not to kidnap this girl just to immediate kill her and hide her body. that doesn't add up in this case, especially since a body has never been found and if they did such a thing in a short period of time, the body would have to be somewhere nearby.

i agree with your notion that the perp likely left the area (and i also think likely with hb).

Not sure I understand your post. If this was a sexually motivated crime, it could have occurred right then and there on the Bobo property and then take Holly away. The perp had about 20 minutes or more alone with her. IIRC, the neighbour heard the scream at 7:40 and CB woke at 7:50. She may have recognized him and that's why she had to be kidnapped hence the local theory (along with other evidence that this was a local perp). Including the perp knowing his way around the wooded area as suggested by LE and the family.

That said, I wouldn't discount a stranger but if I was a betting woman, I would not wage a heck of a whole lot on a stranger abduction. :moo:

~n/t~
08-21-2012, 07:56 PM
bbm
I agree. This seems personal to the perp. It makes me think he knew her and she knew him, but not, necessarily, in an obvious sort of way.

Example: If my dentist approached me at my house early one morning while I was about to get into my car, I first would ask “what are you doing here?” He would be out of place. I would think I was dreaming, but then it would sink in quickly something is very, very wrong here. Please note: I am NOT suggesting Holly’s dentist had anything to do with her disappearance. I’m just trying to illustrate that you can be associated with someone (even closely) and they still can be a stranger to your everyday life.

The "what are you doing here" scenario makes a lot of sense.

Whisperer
08-21-2012, 08:20 PM
bbm

True...but this guy was dressed in full Turkey Camo. IMO, this doesn't mean he was wearing a disguise but was dressed to hunt that day. I think she knew him in an obvious sort of way based on location of evidence.

I bet many hunters in that area can identify their friends or neighbors, even in camo. They know their mannerisms and they know how they walk.

I think this was either a local who wanted Holly in a sexual way, an accident by family or neighbor or a boyfriend, past or present of hers, that was very angry. The rage was still going on when her belongings were tossed near Dana's work and her school. Do we know of any fight between Dana and any of her suitors? If this is all true, this eliminates stranger.

Whisperer
08-21-2012, 08:47 PM
"There is a $250,000 Reward for her safe return"

"$85,000.00 for the arrest and conviction of the person/persons responsible"

That's a total of over a Third Of A Million Dollars.

"If you have any information on the whereabouts of Holly Bobo, please fill out the form below, even if you think it's something that isn't that important.
You can remain 100% anonymous"

Who is paying the reward and who is holding the money?

Whisperer
08-21-2012, 08:55 PM
No apologies made here for beating a dead horse again, but what are the chances that two men in close proximity to a damsel in distress would not go help her? Both of these men call their mothers? You've got to be kidding me.

officer'swife 2010
08-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Whilst some may say the case is easily solvable (determined to be a stranger abduction, or someone who knew her but not in the immediate friends and family) but then you have to think, that opens up a whole new ball game of trying to figure out WHO would take her (especially if it is a stranger, no way of tying anyone down)

Please don't be offended by what I'm saying but here it goes. Maybe it was a true abductor that was just driving by? It happens Mickey's case. Or maybe she was involved with someone or it's an inside job. It still makes no sense to me sorry. Maybe im just stupid but why did her brother not chase after her? Was she waiking away or being drug away! Was her head hanging down? Was there blood anywhere else but carport?

Whisperer
08-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Wasn't Clint observed sitting in his truck writing? He said he was disgusted because people were messing up the crime scene. Is that correct?

Whisperer
08-21-2012, 09:06 PM
From what I understand all the players have ties to Parsons. Dana works there, Holly goes to school there. Drew works there. I believe Clint was employed there (but facts are getting skewed on his work and school). I bet Karen works there. Where does the male neighbor work?

So most of Holly's friends and family have ties to Parsons. Bible Hill is there and evidence was found there. It is reasonable to conclude the perp has ties there also.

Oriah
08-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Bumping:
<August 25th and 26th we are organizing a large scale search to look for missing nursing student Holly Bobo. We have some of the best K-9s in Tennessee (USAR Task Force 2) coming in to help. We need all hands on deck for this search. No experience is necessary. We will tell you what we need. Other search and rescue teams are welcome and encouraged. Just call Chris or go online to pre-register so we know who we have.

We will be meeting at the North 40 Truck Stop on Hwy 641 (exit 126 on I-40).

If you can't make it but would like to donate drinks or snacks for the volunteers please contact Chris @ (931) 209-8863 to make arrangements.

Go to www.southeastk9sar.org (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.southeastk9sar.org&h=KAQGMqIK4&s=1) to register.>

wfgodot
08-22-2012, 11:55 AM
JACKSON, Tenn. (AP) - Elizabeth Smart, who survived a nine-month-long kidnapping as a teenager, will appear at an event for a missing young Tennessee woman.

The Jackson Sun reported the Smart family has been in contact with the family of Holly Bobo, who disappeared from her West Tennessee home on April 13, 2011. Smart and her father, Ed Smart, will appear at Scotts Hill High School to talk about their family's ordeal.
---
The appearance by Smart is free and begins at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the high school.
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19341138/kidnap-survivor-to-speak-up-for-holly-bobo

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012308220011&nclick_check=1

Elizabeth Smart to visit West TN: Kidnapping victim to join Bobo family at Scotts Hill event

Carla Lashelle
08-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Please don't be offended by what I'm saying but here it goes. Maybe it was a true abductor that was just driving by? It happens Mickey's case. Or maybe she was involved with someone or it's an inside job. It still makes no sense to me sorry. Maybe im just stupid but why did her brother not chase after her? Was she waiking away or being drug away! Was her head hanging down? Was there blood anywhere else but carport?

In the case you mention, she was struck from behind by a truck while on her bike, and then assaulted by a guy with a gun and knife. She was away from her home , at night, biking home from a party or something, alone.

I don't see how you could just "drive by" the Bobo house and abduct someone. The house is not in town, and is set back waaaay far from the road. Seemingly the suspect did not drive up to the house via the long drive way either, so he most likely was on the backwoods logging roads that come up behind the property. You wouldn't just have that happen accidentally.

Clint said in a TV interview Holly and the suspect were just walking. No dragging, no leading. Just walking.

According to Clint the blood was in the garage/car port where he saw Holly kneeling with the suspect before he (later) saw them walking in the yard.

Carla Lashelle
08-22-2012, 03:13 PM
The visit by Elizabeth Smart is about the first/only outside "voice" the Bobo's have had. That should help draw attention to their plight. It would have been good to get someone on board over a year ago...

Foxfire
08-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Elizabeth Smart, as is Mickey Shunick, is a warrior for the missing/murdered. The awareness that they provide for other families is an inspiration...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/aug/22/kidnap-survivor-to-speak-up-for-holly-bobo/

JACKSON, Tenn. (AP) — Elizabeth Smart, who survived a nine-month-long kidnapping as a teenager, will appear at an event for a missing young Tennessee woman.

The Jackson Sun (http://bit.ly/PCyTnV ) reported the Smart family has been in contact with the family of Holly Bobo, who disappeared from her West Tennessee home on April 13, 2011. Smart and her father, Ed Smart, will appear at Scotts Hill High School to talk about their family's ordeal.

Smart was 14 when she was kidnapped from her Salt Lake City home in 2002. She was found nine months later within 20 miles of her home.

Holly Bobo was 20 when she disappeared from her home in Darden last year.

The appearance by Smart is free and begins at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the high school.

SmoothOperator
08-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Great news about Elizabeth I came to post it ad happy to see its already here... Maybe this will drum up attention bringing Holly case back into the spotlight.. Moo is it can't hurt..

cluciano63
08-22-2012, 08:49 PM
I am glad Elizabeth is coming...maybe Klaas Kids will be next. The more the merrier, IMO.

officer'swife 2010
08-22-2012, 10:49 PM
In the case you mention, she was struck from behind by a truck while on her bike, and then assaulted by a guy with a gun and knife. She was away from her home , at night, biking home from a party or something, alone.

I don't see how you could just "drive by" the Bobo house and abduct someone. The house is not in town, and is set back waaaay far from the road. Seemingly the suspect did not drive up to the house via the long drive way either, so he most likely was on the backwoods logging roads that come up behind the property. You wouldn't just have that happen accidentally.

Clint said in a TV interview Holly and the suspect were just walking. No dragging, no leading. Just walking.

According to Clint the blood was in the garage/car port where he saw Holly kneeling with the suspect before he (later) saw them walking in the yard.

Woah woah. I'm just asking. I so totally don't understand Clint's statement at all unless it was somebody he knew. If I saw my sister bending in the garage I would go out and check it out but that's me. I'm totally not blaming her brother either before you go there. Just trying to help figure this out. And yes I know Mickey was hit from behind in the dark on her bike. I'm saying this was in BROAD daylight and she had neighbors. Police solved Mickeys case just passing along hope.

masootz
08-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Not sure I understand your post.

i was simply saying that the evidence seems to point to someone planning to abduct her. they didn't use a main road, they had camo on, they waited until she was alone, they led her through the woods, etc. after over a year of exhaustive searching they've found no body, so it doesn't seem like the perp's MO was to assault her and leave her, or to kill her and leave her (or we'd have found a body). given that the person only had twenty minutes or so before LE was on the scene, they would have had to be sloppy in hiding a body or if they assaulted her they would have left evidence (again, not enough time to clean up a crime scene). all signs point to simply abducting her.

i'm advocating for those close to her NOT being involved (as is often insinuated in these threads) because of the timeframe. some people have indicated the number of phone calls between family members seems suspicious but i still say it's not possible. she was verified ok around 7:40 and LE was on the scene around 8:00. there is no way anyone close to her had enough time to commit a crime against her and hide all of the evidence, then keep it hidden while their house was searched, then retrieve it and place it in various locations where her personal belongings were later found. those theories of her disappearance involving those four people make absolutely zero sense to me and fall apart when you examine what we know for certain.

wfgodot
08-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Holly was abducted by someone she knew, or someone who knew someone she knew.

The abduction was predicated upon knowledge of a specific topic held by Holly.

The abduction's purpose was to guarantee her silence.

Actually, if we apply Occam's razor, the theory devolves down to this one:

Holly was abducted by someone she knew.

The abduction was predicated upon a specific past act.

The abduction's purpose was revenge.

Yes, two different little theories there. No matter how much I know about this case, my best take on the matter is merely a semi-informed guess, or guesses.

masootz
08-23-2012, 09:36 AM

what makes you think revenge? i think NOT revenge because a revenge act would likely have ended at her car. why kidnap someone if you're out to silence her or to avenge some grievance? i agree it was someone who had at least seen her before. simplest guess is someone could have followed her home previously and then waited down the logging road one morning to grab her, etc.

dejavoodoo64
08-23-2012, 10:27 AM
what makes you think revenge? i think NOT revenge because a revenge act would likely have ended at her car. why kidnap someone if you're out to silence her or to avenge some grievance? i agree it was someone who had at least seen her before. simplest guess is someone could have followed her home previously and then waited down the logging road one morning to grab her, etc.

I would imagine it is to what degree someone wanted revenge, as really make someone pay by some sort of suffering. To watch them plead and be sorry for whatever happened between the two(maybe more) and get some sort of satisfaction out of it. I can think of nothing other than a broken heart along with some sort of mental anguish and hate that would motivate those kind of actions. Other reasons for revenge I can think of probably would result in her being killed on the spot or not far from home. I don't think it would be the first time someone hated the other that badly and blamed someone else even though the problem rested with them only.

/Not me by the way.

wfgodot
08-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Good question. I would say that removing Holly from the scene would thus retard efforts to solve the act of revenge. (If indeed revenge was the motive at all, and c.)

masootz
08-23-2012, 10:54 AM
I would imagine it is to what degree someone wanted revenge, as really make someone pay by some sort of suffering. To watch them plead and be sorry for whatever happened between the two(maybe more) and get some sort of satisfaction out of it. I can think of nothing other than a broken heart along with some sort of mental anguish and hate that would motivate those kind of actions. Other reasons for revenge I can think of probably would result in her being killed on the spot or not far from home. I don't think it would be the first time someone hated the other that badly and blamed someone else even though the problem rested with them only.

/Not me by the way.

good points. i can see where you're coming from. in either case i think the important distinction is that the perp's plan was to grab her and get her far away from the area around her house which is why there hasn't been much in the way of evidence found. i agree with the notion that the bag and other items found were very possibly planted by the perp but, if so, that would further indicate the perp is at least somewhat a local. if not planted by the perp, then it indicates he walked her six or more miles from home (field where her bag was found) before utilizing his getaway option (car, train, plane, whatever). to me that would indicate an extremely high level of planning and frankly an almost stupid level of daring (to be pulling someone reluctant along for miles and miles). i still side with the belief that those items were planted, the person is somewhat local, but not someone from her inner circle. just my 2 cents.

masootz
08-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Good question. I would say that removing Holly from the scene would thus retard efforts to solve the act of revenge. (If indeed revenge was the motive at all, and c.)

excellent. further indicating the perp carefully planned the event. this further pushes away the theories of this being a random act.

wfgodot
08-23-2012, 10:57 AM
excellent. further indicating the perp carefully planned the event. this further pushes away the theories of this being a random act.
I've never believed this was a random act.

masootz
08-23-2012, 11:17 AM
I've never believed this was a random act.

gotcha, i didn't mean to insinuate you, i just meant there is a lot of chatter in these threads about it being a random act and i (and you) don't believe it was.

Foxfire
08-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Folks, imo, the 16 month length of time that has passed since Holly Bobo's abduction, without an arrest or recovery, speaks volumes. Imo, the abduction was well planned and executed by an experienced sexual predator.

As far as the lunch bag being planted at the gooch road location. It would be reasonable to conclude that sirens and police cars were saturating the area from multiple directions as the perp was heading to his safe haven. The perp may have not known that he was witnessed or that 911 was promptly called. He may have ducked into the forested area by the creek to lay low til the smoke settled. Many folks want the 911 calls released. Imo, the dispatch made to DCSO that morning would prolly have been for a home invasion. DCSO, may have even passed Holly & the perp enroute without noticing them.
jmho

Darcyline
08-23-2012, 07:50 PM
I think what frustrates me the most about this case is that it seems so solvable. Eyewitness, police were there immediately, evidence left, it HAD to be someone she knew or connected to her somehow. There is no reason this shouldn't be solved.

I am torn between thinking they have nothing OR they basically know who did it, but for some reason cannot move forward. Like, somehow the guy manufactured a convincing alibi and they cannot find any real evidence.

Foxfire
08-23-2012, 08:11 PM
I think what frustrates me the most about this case is that it seems so solvable. Eyewitness, police were there immediately, evidence left, it HAD to be someone she knew or connected to her somehow. There is no reason this shouldn't be solved.

I am torn between thinking they have nothing OR they basically know who did it, but for some reason cannot move forward. Like, somehow the guy manufactured a convincing alibi and they cannot find any real evidence.

Darcyline, this is not a direct quote by Sheriff Wyatt, on 04/13/2011, but very close, 'crimes like this do not happen in towns like Darden, TN'..
I literally almost fell out of my chair when I heard this statement..

If you were a sexual predator, where would you hunt your prey?

Compare the media management by the LPD in the Mickey Shunick investigation to the TBI's media management in the Holly Bobo investigation.
Imo the answer lies within..

LPD utilized their most valuable crime fighting tool; the American public via the MS Media, whereas the TBI squandered this critical resource from day one, and continues to do so over 16 months later..

The sad & tragic thing other than, that Holly Bobo is still missing & the abductor has not being brought to justice after over 16 months. Sexual predators are recidivist and will usually continue their deviant behavior and escalate with each successful abduction/rape/murder...

Search Continues For Holly Bobo Sixteen Months Later

masootz
08-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Darcyline, this is not a direct quote by Sheriff Wyatt, on 04/13/2011, but very close, 'crimes like this do not happen in towns like Darden, TN'..

Compare the media management by the LPD in the Mickey Shunick investigation to the TBI's media management in the Holly Bobo investigation.

LPD utilized their most valuable crime fighting tool; the American public via the MS Media, whereas the TBI squandered this critical resource from day one, and continues to do so over 16 months later..

just wanted to say i couldn't agree with you more. the only reasons to keep information out of the public are 1) to protect a victim 2) if the information will hinder your investigation 3) if the information could hinder prosecution.

more and more cases like this are solved every day when local law can admit they don't have the answers and can give some basic information to the public. sometimes it's just a matter of saying there's a person or vehicle of interest. sometimes it's one of these cold cases where they pretty much say "here's what we have, any ideas?"

dejavoodoo64
08-23-2012, 09:02 PM
good points. i can see where you're coming from. in either case i think the important distinction is that the perp's plan was to grab her and get her far away from the area around her house which is why there hasn't been much in the way of evidence found. i agree with the notion that the bag and other items found were very possibly planted by the perp but, if so, that would further indicate the perp is at least somewhat a local. if not planted by the perp, then it indicates he walked her six or more miles from home (field where her bag was found) before utilizing his getaway option (car, train, plane, whatever). to me that would indicate an extremely high level of planning and frankly an almost stupid level of daring (to be pulling someone reluctant along for miles and miles). i still side with the belief that those items were planted, the person is somewhat local, but not someone from her inner circle. just my 2 cents.

I agree with you. I doubt she was walked out of there. I can see where you see local, but not her inner circle. But I kinda see it was someone that was once in her inner circle thats responsible, maybe directly or indirectly. I can't get over how this was accomplished and how bold and calculated it was. I just have to believe there were powerful motivation involved. If it hadn't been for Clint she would have been gone possibly for hours before anyone knew, even though her school friends may of been looking for her when she didn't show. Sadly it turns out it didn't matter Clint was there.

Foxfire
08-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Example of the power of the public: (from airing on KATC TV only a couple hours or less til arrest)

http://www.katc.com/news/escaped-inmate-sex-offender-last-seen-in-lafayette/
Escaped Inmate/Sex Offender Last Seen In Lafayette
Escaped Inmate/Sex Offender Last Seen In Lafayette

"an aware American Public is a very valuable resource for Law Enforcement"..

Sherman Cornette
Absconded
Ellijay GA 30536
View photos: 1

DOB: 1953-01-01
Height: 5 ft. 0 in.
Weight: 230
Race/Ethnicity: White
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Identifying Marks: SC FHD

Offense: CHILD MOLESTATION
Incarcerated: N Wanted: Y

ktgirl
08-23-2012, 11:30 PM
I think that although this probably isn't a random abduction, IF it random, a sexual predator just happened to be turkey hunting in the area near Holly's home and spotted Holly somehow- maybe close enough when she was walking to her car, maybe if she went out to feed/pet/play with the dog outside, whatever. If it's a random sexual predator (which I find hard to believe but not 100% impossible), I think he was hunting turkeys that morning and just happened to see a prey he liked better - Holly.
I hope LE has talked to everyone who told anyone they went turkey hunting that day.

But I lean more toward it being someone who knew Holly's intimate routines. When she left for school, where she parked her car, etc. I have felt this even stronger since info from the new search has included stuff about her daily routine like where she would generally eat lunch during school days. That seemed to me that they are almost asking people to think if they saw someone suspicious eye-balling or following Holly at Sonic or wherever she often ate lunch.

It seems to me it may have been someone she knew who was on the periphery of her social circle. A dad/brother/friend of a friend, someone whose face she knew from church, etc.

Hippy Chick
08-24-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm sure LE has spoken with her girlfriends but if some creep was following her or showing up where she was I lay odds her close friends probably knew it. Girls share those things with each other...

Teche
08-24-2012, 01:11 AM
I live in Acadiana (LA) and have seen how our local news media was so beneficial in helping to get the word out both via TV and social media. The Find Mickey website/blog and our media, and hundreds of volunteers did bring Mickey home. Our news media sends out blasts 24/7. I am new to WS, so please forgive a basic question. How do y'all make families aware of your services? Is there any material available to local LE on how to use the Internet to get the word out,How to engage volunteers to search, etc. when/how to contact resources such a Equisearch.

cluciano63
08-24-2012, 02:05 AM
I live in Acadiana (LA) and have seen how our local news media was so beneficial in helping to get the word out both via TV and social media. The Find Mickey website/blog and our media, and hundreds of volunteers did bring Mickey home. Our news media sends out blasts 24/7. I am new to WS, so please forgive a basic question. How do y'all make families aware of your services? Is there any material available to local LE on how to use the Internet to get the word out,How to engage volunteers to search, etc. when/how to contact resources such a Equisearch.

Welcome to WS.

I don't know that there is any type of "How To" package for LE for missing persons cases, but there sure needs to be something like that. It seems that each case is handled in a different manner, and that no LE agency really knows quite how to handle these cases at all. Every state carries on in their own way, not to mention the dozens or more counties within each state. And there is always the problem of not cross-sharing info or providing similar cases, etc...due to jealousies, incompetence, staffing shortages, etc...

I don't know what the answer is; the volunteer organizations are not in a position to reach out to every LEA or family in need, probably due to funding and resources; some LEA's don't like outsiders in their affairs. Most families have no idea where to start when a family member disappears.

Lots of the basic info is available here at WS, but most families would not know that either.

Missing people is an epidemic yet a very silent one, except for the occasional media-friendly case.

I think that little by little, LEA's are being trained to deal with social media and that it will improve in the future. We can only hope.

So, I just said a whole lot of nothing...

~n/t~
08-24-2012, 06:16 AM

The sad & tragic thing other than, that Holly Bobo is still missing & the abductor has not being brought to justice after over 16 months. Sexual predators are recidivist and will usually continue their deviant behavior and escalate with each successful abduction/rape/murder...

Search Continues For Holly Bobo Sixteen Months Later

I somewhat disagree with part of your statement. Local LE, TBI and FBI were on the scene immediately following Holly's abduction. The news was all over her case in the early stages. Something happened around Easter that made it all stop. As some have speculated, her cellphone appears to be one of the crucial items found. Where that led to, we don't know. Obviously, for whatever reason, LE said no more volunteer searches.

Is that a clue? Details of the alleged cellphone find can be "googled' and it may give us answers to some of our questions or it may lead to even more questions. It did for me.

Also, in Mickey's case, they had surveillance videos which from what I recall helped tremendously. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case here. All we have is the brother's account of what happened with a very generic description of the perp. Camo clothing, height, weight which resembles perhaps 80% of the males in Darden, if not more.

No perp car description, no facial features, nothing.

wfgodot
08-24-2012, 06:23 AM
All we have is the brother's account of what happened with a very generic description of the perp. Camo clothing, height, weight which resembles perhaps 80% of the males in Darden, if not more.

Well, Clint did originally think it was Drew, which is pretty specific.

~n/t~
08-24-2012, 06:31 AM

yeah..well...I won't even go there. Also, the perp according to Clint had a "young" voice so maybe that's another clue that may take us nowhere.

Karen Anne RN
08-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Whisp, the neighbor, at the time, was self employed.

He had an appt. with a customer to install...I think it was a kitchen sink.

That was his first appointment of the day for him.

moo as usual...

~n/t~
08-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Whisp, the neighbor, at the time, was self employed.

He had an appt. with a customer to install...I think it was a kitchen sink.

That was his first appointment of the day for him.

moo as usual...

Has the neighbour ever appeared on television? We know his mom did.

Karen Anne RN
08-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Has the neighbour ever appeared on television? We know his mom did.

I have not seen him.

Carla Lashelle
08-24-2012, 08:24 AM

I still think he thought that becuase his mind just filled in the blank with a familiar face, so to speak.

In a similar experience I had thought one of my cats was on the bed with me. He is ALWAYS there every morning to wake me up. It wasn't until some time later that I realized it was not him but it was one of the other cats who NEVER gets up on the bed at all (not in X years!). And they don't even look similar... one is 20 lbs and orange and white long hair and the other is a 8 lb, grey tabby short hair. Yet I mistook the grey for the orange one.

Now as to why he didn't just look closer at the two, say something, etc. but instead went back to call his mom to ask who was in the garage (which is odd if he thought it was Drew in the first place). But thats a different subject...

wfgodot
08-24-2012, 08:30 AM
I still think he thought that becuase his mind just filled in the blank with a familiar face, so to speak.

I think from the description of the guy on the wanted poster, he weighs much more than Drew.

masootz
08-24-2012, 08:47 AM
I think that although this probably isn't a random abduction, IF it random, a sexual predator just happened to be turkey hunting in the area near Holly's home and spotted Holly somehow- maybe close enough when she was walking to her car, maybe if she went out to feed/pet/play with the dog outside, whatever. If it's a random sexual predator (which I find hard to believe but not 100% impossible), I think he was hunting turkeys that morning and just happened to see a prey he liked better - Holly.

i agree with you that it's probably not random. in order for a random scenario to work, a kidnapper hunter would have had to just happen to walk by in the woods as she was walking out of her house and think to himself "hey i should abduct that girl" and then immediately run out of the woods and grab her. it's not like she was hanging out by her car.

it makes way more sense to me that this person was someone she at least knew a little bit. id guess the person was waiting for her, walked out of the woods and probably called her name. she was probably confused as to what the person was doing there, but didn't panic until he grabbed her or maybe even said something. she screams, he hits her, maybe threatens her or her family, and then whatever he does/says is enough to convince her to follow him to the woods. as others have stated, he likely was unaware that her brother was home and probably thought he'd have hours before anyone noticed her missing. the fact that he still didn't get caught says he was either a) really lucky or b) a guy who really planned this ahead of time.

Carla Lashelle
08-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Not related to Holly but seems like another abducted girl was rescued after being imprisoned for 2 years by her abductor...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/23/teen-girl-escapes-after-illinois-man-allegedly-held-her-captive-more-than-two/?test=latestnews

~n/t~
08-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Not related to Holly but seems like another abducted girl was rescued after being imprisoned for 2 years by her abductor...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/23/teen-girl-escapes-after-illinois-man-allegedly-held-her-captive-more-than-two/?test=latestnews

They don't say her name. I wonder if her case was featured here. Why did they assume she was a runaway?

I think we can rule out runaway in Holly's case.

Foxfire
08-24-2012, 09:09 AM
I somewhat disagree with part of your statement. Local LE, TBI and FBI were on the scene immediately following Holly's abduction. The news was all over her case in the early stages. Something happened around Easter that made it all stop. As some have speculated, her cellphone appears to be one of the crucial items found. Where that led to, we don't know. Obviously, for whatever reason, LE said no more volunteer searches.

Is that a clue? Details of the alleged cellphone find can be "googled' and it may give us answers to some of our questions or it may lead to even more questions. It did for me.

Also, in Mickey's case, they had surveillance videos which from what I recall helped tremendously. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case here. All we have is the brother's account of what happened with a very generic description of the perp. Camo clothing, height, weight which resembles perhaps 80% of the males in Darden, if not more.

~n/t~, I honor & respect your opinion..
It was hours before the TBI, FBI, US Marshals, etc., arrived on the scene, set up their incident command and actually began operations. There were THP helicopters in the air, but if my memory is correct, they were dispatched from Nashville & would have taken 45 minutes to an hour to arrive and begin searching. There was no roadblocks established by DCSO & only a 5 mile search area concentrated on the first day. The perp could have been several states away by then..

RE: Something happened around Easter that made it all stop

The decision to end the volunteer search was initially planned for Monday 04/25/2011, but was extended due to the significant finds on Easter Sunday afternoon. Violent storms/tornado warnings, were forcasted for days beginning Monday night, and the searches never resumed later.. There were various reasons for this, imo.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/14822562/significant-item-recovered-in-holly-bobo-search-4-24-2011

It's been almost two weeks since 20-year-old Holly Bobo has been missing from her Parsons home, and while investigators had planned on calling off the volunteer-fueled ground searches soon, they found something Sunday afternoon that they said has changed their minds.
Easter Sunday started the way all Sundays do in Parsons: with prayer. But after a special sunrise service in Bobo's honor, hundreds of volunteers got straight to work.
"Seeing people give up their Easters with their families to be here was very inspirational," said volunteer Glen Adams.
Hundreds spent the day sweating on their hands and knees away from their families, in hopes of helping the Bobo's reunite theirs. And mid-way through the day, there was a breakthrough.
Investigators said they found something. They won't say what, but they will say it's significant enough to make them want to continue searching the area for at least one more day.
"It makes you feel great -- Easter Sunday and finding some good information," said Bobo family spokesperson Kevin Bromely. "Hopefully we can expand the search and find out more tomorrow."

Karen Bobo made it as far as the search headquarters parking lot, but had to turn around.
"Dana and Karen thought they could come and talk to the volunteers, to thank them and talk to them some," said Bromely. "But it's just too much, too hard."
"I'm glad she didn't because I think it would have been too emotional for the volunteers too," said Adams. "And we already know they appreciate us."

wishuwerehere
08-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Respectfully snipped:

I agree.
If the perp was someone who knew Holly, a likely motive could be an obsession which progressed into revenge. Because the perp abducted Holly from her home, and since her belongings she had on her person were removed from the property as well, this makes it very personal. jmo

dejavoodoo64
08-24-2012, 05:19 PM
I hope LE has talked to everyone who told anyone they went turkey hunting that day.

But I lean more toward it being someone who knew Holly's intimate routines. When she left for school, where she parked her car, etc. I have felt this even stronger since info from the new search has included stuff about her daily routine like where she would generally eat lunch during school days. That seemed to me that they are almost asking people to think if they saw someone suspicious eye-balling or following Holly at Sonic or wherever she often ate lunch.
It seems to me it may have been someone she knew who was on the periphery of her social circle. A dad/brother/friend of a friend, someone whose face she knew from church, etc.

BBM-I am way out of the loop on this. I haven't heard of anything being found at all in the latest searches, much less what it was or what it alluded to.

/I agree with you about the church BTW.

K.jill
08-24-2012, 06:16 PM
I haven't read everything about Holly's case like I did in the Mickey Shunick case. So, I want to learn more. My best guess is that someone fixated on her and planned a well crafted abduction. That almost certainly seems like a sexual predator, IMO.
Is there anything that points to something else? Like taking her because of some knowledge she had? Certainly RSO's have been checked, I wonder how far away the radius of RSO checks were done. Absconded RSO predator...if Holly was abducted by a predator she was probably not the first.
Ok. I'm gonna go back and read all I can.
Prayers for Holly.

K.jill
08-24-2012, 06:19 PM
What county is darden in?
Henderson

dejavoodoo64
08-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Respectfully snipped:

I agree.
If the perp was someone who knew Holly, a likely motive could be an obsession which progressed into revenge. Because the perp abducted Holly from her home, and since her belongings she had on her person were removed from the property as well, this makes it very personal. jmo

I agree with you completely and posted about personal revenge on the previous page. I can completely see (lets say someone for now) being completely heartbroken and letting that turn into hate. That someone is hurting so bad that they think revenge is the only way they can get rid of their pain. They want the other person to suffer and hurt as much as they do. I'm leaning heavily toward that scenario now. Boyfriends and ex-husbands seem to be ones I've read abouy trying such a stupid and mindless thing.

K.jill
08-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Foxfire, IMO great profile.
I am curious to know if you think the perp had seen Holly before and learned her routine. And, do you have any thoughts on where he may have seen her and length of time he took to learn her family and routine?

wfgodot, keep in mind that almost 100 illegal meth labs were located during the first 2 weeks of the Holly Bobo search. In 2010 TN held the title of the #1 Meth Capital of the USA> Within a few miles & on the same road as the UTM Nursing school where Holly attended, there is an International Porn & Toy Shop located at I-40 which is frequented by truckers & travelers between Nashville & Memphis.

Psychological Profile of Unknown Abductor

age mid 40s to 50 stranger - sociopath/psychopath
caucausian - transient worker/construction

experienced-gaines immediate compliance-organized-disciplined-antisocial-120+ IQ
selects, recons, & stalks victims-military/hunting experience

prior criminal record/probable RSO - familiar with LE procedures, schedules, response times & forensics-full camo- monitors LE during abduction

sexual predator-lust killer is often driven to kill due to a sexual motivation, living out sexual fantasies & control over the life of the victim-drug induced

Sadistical, bondage, rituals

narcisstic - enjoys the game/taunting

calculating, opportunist, cagey

Vehicle 4 wheel drive PU or SUV small/mid size - Utilizes forests and abandoned structures as safe havens

Holly was abducted on a Wednesday at aproximately 7:30 AM which is change time of the DCSO and very soon after Karen and Dana left for work.
The abductor wore full camo which would limited forensics & prevent identification if observed. Abductor would not stand out due to turkey hunting season in progress.
Abductor gained immediate compliance of Holly Bobo, illustrated by the blood residue & her willingness to walk in to the woods with him without resistance.

wfgodot, as for the assumption that the perp had to be a local due to knowing the area; bs..

I have been a hunter & woodsman for almost 5 decades and although I try to prescout an area, with a topo map or gps, I can hunt or navigate any area of any state within a few minutes of study..

wishuwerehere
08-24-2012, 08:12 PM
I agree with you completely and posted about personal revenge on the previous page. I can completely see (lets say someone for now) being completely heartbroken and letting that turn into hate. That someone is hurting so bad that they think revenge is the only way they can get rid of their pain. They want the other person to suffer and hurt as much as they do. I'm leaning heavily toward that scenario now. Boyfriends and ex-husbands seem to be ones I've read abouy trying such a stupid and mindless thing.

This reminds me of the line, “I won’t be ignored, Dan!” from the movie Fatal Attraction (that movie still gives me the creeps, ugh!) but I think the sentiment matches your statement. It seems we’ve arrived at the same door. It’s frustrating not knowing who’s behind it.

K.jill
08-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Does anyone know if Holly was especially active on Facebook and if her page was public before her abduction?
Could her abductor have first seen her thru social media?

ktgirl
08-24-2012, 09:06 PM
BBM-I am way out of the loop on this. I haven't heard of anything being found at all in the latest searches, much less what it was or what it alluded to.

/I agree with you about the church BTW.

I'm sorry- I didn't word it right- I didn't mean what was found during the new searches (I don't think we've heard anything was found) but the info that has been posted by Holly Bobo Prayers (which Karen Anne RN posted on this thread - post #333, I believe- I will include it here below). The descriptions of Holly's likely daily routines make me think LE believes someone who was familar with her routines, who ate/worked where she ate lunch, or who was following Holly unbeknowst to her could be behind her disappearance. Hope that makes sense. I haven't followed Holly's case super-closely but I can't remember seeing anything giving such specific info about her daily routines and asking people to think if they saw anything at these places before.
--------------
REPOSTED FROM: Holly Bobo Prayers
8 hours ago near Adamsville, TN via mobile

Our daughter was abducted from our home between 7:40 and 8:00 am on April 13,2011. We are asking for everyone to think back to the days before and after for anything that seemed out of the ordinary.

Holly drove a 2006 black Mustang. Please try to remember if you saw her or anyone following her, or talking to her in the days prior to her abduction.

A typical day for Holly would be to leave our home around 7:40 am and arrive at Parsons UT Martin Center at 7:55 am. Holly took a lunch break from 11 am to noon. She would have possibly gone to Sonic, Parsons Dairy Bar, or her grandmothers home in Parsons.

It is possible that someone does have a new tip or knowledge extremely important to the case that has not yet been called into the TBI Tipline. This information might have seemed insignificant or unimportant at the time or even now, but it could be that single, small tip that is needed to bring Holly home.

Please remember that at this time Holly's hair color could be different and it could be cut shorter.

Your prayers and support in finding our daughter would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE HELP US FIND OUR DAUGHTER!

Lera213
08-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Some where back in the very beginning pages of HB forum, I found a guy (forget his name) that had met and hung out with HB brother. Basically they only met because HB brother's friend (he had just met) also had another friend. He only met him a few times if I recall.

Well when I looked up this guy, I learned that he had a good friend that died via a car accident. This guy was going on and on over his friends death, very obsessed over it. He stated something like, he'll never have that beautiful bride, blah blah blah. My first instinct was that he might have snatched HB, and buried her in his friends grave. All MOO of course. I don't have the energy to search this guy or anything else. I do remember posting about it way early on though.

One thought I had during the Mickey case is that BSL (the murder) was in the Army therefore would have camo and fatigues, he also used a knife, and also had a gun. He could have parked his truck behind the house, and observed the house a few days. Not hard to do if you are determined. He could have been long gone on the freeway by the time the initial 911 call came through. It is a probability even though in some eyes it is slight. I won't close my mind to it but rather keep it to my forefront and watch for any indication that he drove out of town to other states. MOO and MOO and did I say MOO?

*exist the thread through the backdoor again*

dejavoodoo64
08-24-2012, 11:18 PM
This reminds me of the line, “I won’t be ignored, Dan!” from the movie Fatal Attraction (that movie still gives me the creeps, ugh!) but I think the sentiment matches your statement. It seems we’ve arrived at the same door. It’s frustrating not knowing who’s behind it.

Ohhh yeah it sure is. I've only watched it once and have no desire to see it again. Glenn Close did a hell of a job, but everythime I see her now I think she is crazy. And yeah I'm with you at the same door. Glad to have the company.

dejavoodoo64
08-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Does anyone know if Holly was especially active on Facebook and if her page was public before her abduction?
Could her abductor have first seen her thru social media?

I believe it was open and IIRC she had somewhere around 700 to 800 friends. I've said before who has that many friends and actually knows them? Anyone could probably use her fb postings to get to know her routine. I know we've discussed it in earlier threads and there is a thread about it in the basement. It is devoted to her posts.

SmoothOperator
08-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Holly was abducted by someone she knew, or someone who knew someone she knew.

The abduction was predicated upon knowledge of a specific topic held by Holly.

The abduction's purpose was to guarantee her silence.

Yes, two different little theories there. No matter how much I know about this case, my best take on the matter is merely a semi-informed guess, or guesses.
The Occam's Razor devolvement above could not speak the truth in more simple terms than this does as it relates to the basis of why this happened.. And why Holly.. (you are correct imo it was never about a sexual assault, period)

Above bbm.. And this is the exact basis of what is at play as to why this case has yet to be resolved.. Moo is that it very much will be resolved..

All jmo.

dejavoodoo64
08-24-2012, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=ktgirl;8298499]I'm sorry- I didn't word it right- I didn't mean what was found during the new searches (I don't think we've heard anything was found) but the info that has been posted by Holly Bobo Prayers (which Karen Anne RN posted on this thread - post #333, I believe- I will include it here below). The descriptions of Holly's likely daily routines make me think LE believes someone who was familar with her routines, who ate/worked where she ate lunch, or who was following Holly unbeknowst to her could be behind her disappearance. Hope that makes sense. I haven't followed Holly's case super-closely but I can't remember seeing anything giving such specific info about her daily routines and asking people to think if they saw anything at these places before.
__________________________________________________ _________________

Respectfully snipped by me.

It's cool, not a problem at all.

Foxfire
08-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Foxfire, IMO great profile.
I am curious to know if you think the perp had seen Holly before and learned her routine. And, do you have any thoughts on where he may have seen her and length of time he took to learn her family and routine?

Yes, K.jill, many organized predators are meticulous and stalk their victims for days or weeks before actually initiating the abduction; a trial run. BTK, and others have stated that the stalking is as big of an adrenalin rush as the abduction and aftermath.

Holly Bobo, may have been seen at her nursing school, part time job, the sonic, or many other public places. There was a large event held at the Decatur County Fairgrounds the prior weekend, billed as the Largest Coon Hunt in the world. Folks come from all across the country to attend this annual charity event.. In 2011, all hotels are booked for miles around. This year while attending the one year anniversary events for awareness, there were many vacancies..

~n/t~
08-25-2012, 06:53 AM
My thoughts and prayers going out to the searchers this weekend. :rose:

scorekeeper
08-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Any news from today's searches?

cluciano63
08-25-2012, 08:32 PM
FWIW, I think the dates are wrong on the front page of WS, says Sat & Sunday, the 24th and 25th...

scorekeeper
08-25-2012, 08:40 PM
FWIW, I think the dates are wrong on the front page of WS, says Sat & Sunday, the 24th and 25th...

:banghead::banghead:

WHAT; how can that be???? :waitasec::waitasec:

Thanks, Clu. Wishful thinking on my part..... was taking a break from Kortne Stouffer's thread....hoping for some good new....

Foxfire
08-25-2012, 09:12 PM
The Occam's Razor devolvement above could not speak the truth in more simple terms than this does as it relates to the basis of why this happened.. And why Holly.. (you are correct imo it was never about a sexual assault, period)

Above bbm.. And this is the exact basis of what is at play as to why this case has yet to be resolved.. Moo is that it very much will be resolved..

All jmo.

Seems the TBI's Occam's razor could use a little sharpening, imo..

The exact number of missing persons cases in TN, is unknown since the TBI refuses to release that info. Yet, what is known is that the number of missing/murdered person's cold cases has risen since 2009..due to the increase in meth, absconded RSOs, antiquated investigative strategies, and the neglecting of their most valuable resource; the American public..imo..

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/jun/28/americas-silent-disaster/?partner=RSS

'America's silent disaster:' Mysteries of the missing
FBI: More than 1,100 'active' missing-persons cases in Tennessee; exact number unknown..

By Jim Balloch
Posted June 28, 2009 at midnight

Foxfire
08-25-2012, 11:34 PM
FYI-
http://www.examiner.com/article/holly-bobo-abduction-1-month-wrap-up-someone-knows-something
Holly Bobo Abduction: 1-month wrap-up; ‘Someone knows something’

20-YEAR-OLD HOLLY BOBO ABDUCTED FROM PARSONS TENNESSEE - MAY 15, 2011

The TBI doesn't list their missing adult cold cases?
This question was posed to TBI spolesperson Helms, by Isabelle Zehnder:
'A question was posed as to whether the TBI could provide the number of missing persons cold cases',
Kristin Helm said,“TBI does not collect missing person statistics for the state of Tennessee.”.

Ironically, the TBI does collect the missing child cold cases. Why would they not collect the missing adult cold cases, and post the info on their website as do most other States?

'The motto of the TBI is "that guilt shall not escape, nor innocence suffer'..

... I have to conclude that it is due to the embarrassing number of innocent victims who never receive Justice...

"Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people" - US President John Adams.

Foxfire
08-26-2012, 12:02 AM
“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"
On April 13, 2011, a twenty year old nursing student was abducted from her own back yard in Darden, TN as she left for nursing school - UT Martin-Parsons, TN..
"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo)

"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo) - YouTube

Foxfire
08-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Searching For Holly Bobo and Kelli Bordeaux - YouTube!

rachaellouise
08-26-2012, 11:18 AM
I'd like to say a big thankyou to every single on of the searchers that will be out there. It takes a very special kind of person to be willing to search for someone, despite what they may find. :(

~n/t~
08-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Something seriously going on in Tennessee. Erika Sharpton (deceased). LE says they're close to making an arrest but that was 9 days ago.

One attempted kidnapping back in April http://www.newschannel5.com/story/17795274/16-year-old-girl-found-tied-up-in-her-car-in-attempted-kidnapping

August 8th. another attempted kidnapping of a 16 year old.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/19229124/attempted-kidnapping-murfreesboro

Another missing 25 year old (one of our fellow members will be starting a thread for her) https://www.facebook.com/gilmersheriff

Do we have a serial rapist/murderer on the loose?

Foxfire
08-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Something seriously going on in Tennessee. Erika Sharpton (deceased). LE says they're close to making an arrest but that was 9 days ago.

One attempted kidnapping back in April http://www.newschannel5.com/story/17795274/16-year-old-girl-found-tied-up-in-her-car-in-attempted-kidnapping

Another missing 25 year old (one of our fellow members will be starting a thread for her) https://www.facebook.com/gilmersheriff

Criminologists & the FBI estimate that there are between 35 & 100 active serial killers in the US at any given time. Imo, this number is very conservative due to many factors. Many sexual predators are forensically aware and know that if they allow their victim/s to live, or their remains to be found. Convictions are easily obtained.

TN & many other states in the US has an epidemic of missing/murdered persons cold cases. IMO, most abductions are directly or indirectly related to the drug epidemic, primarily meth.

TN, leads the nation in illegal meth labs. In the Holly Bobo search, it was estimated as many as 100 illegal meth labs were located.

Here are a few links and many more are available with a google search:

Tennessee leads nation in meth lab crime - Boston.comarticles.boston.com/.../29334974_1_ ...

http://articles.boston.com/2011-03-02/news/29 ...

Mar 2, 2011 – Tennessee had 2082 meth lab incidents in 2010, the state's meth task force director, Tom Farmer, said yesterday. That tops Missouri's total of ...

Middle Tennessee Police Profiting Off Drug Trade?

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14643085/po ...

Foxfire
08-26-2012, 02:57 PM
I'd like to say a big thankyou to every single on of the searchers that will be out there. It takes a very special kind of person to be willing to search for someone, despite what they may find. :(

Ditto, rachaellouise..

Team Holly Volunteers & Searchers Creed

http://flixtime.com/video/detail/aacd1b6354db9578a3864adc2c151c70s1z3WtGQbvkULpHEYR/

Hippy Chick
08-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Was Drew and Holly broke up at the time she went missing?

Foxfire
08-26-2012, 03:06 PM
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/cran...

4/13/11 Decatur County TN Sheriff Roy Wyatt media briefing. Already they have a huge number of LE and volunteers, resources from many agencies. This has a reference to the neighbor hearing Holly's screams.

Foxfire
08-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Holly Bobo Easter Search 4/24/11

Slideshow 1-45 photos

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=DQ&Dato=20110424&Kategori=PHOTOGALLERIES01&Lopenr=104240801&Ref=PH&Item=0

Hippy Chick
08-26-2012, 03:11 PM
i agree with you that it's probably not random. in order for a random scenario to work, a kidnapper hunter would have had to just happen to walk by in the woods as she was walking out of her house and think to himself "hey i should abduct that girl" and then immediately run out of the woods and grab her. it's not like she was hanging out by her car.

it makes way more sense to me that this person was someone she at least knew a little bit. id guess the person was waiting for her, walked out of the woods and probably called her name. she was probably confused as to what the person was doing there, but didn't panic until he grabbed her or maybe even said something. she screams, he hits her, maybe threatens her or her family, and then whatever he does/says is enough to convince her to follow him to the woods. as others have stated, he likely was unaware that her brother was home and probably thought he'd have hours before anyone noticed her missing. the fact that he still didn't get caught says he was either a) really lucky or b) a guy who really planned this ahead of time.

If she wasen't being dragged and just walking with him I think the ? is, who would Holly walk with into the woods without a struggle? And for what reason? I can't see her just walking with someone that she thought was going to hurt her. That is if she was just walking not being drug like was orginally stated by Clint the only witness. I wonder if it would be of any help if Clint was hypnotized to see if he could recall maybe the conversation he heard or if he could remember anything else about the perp? That part about her being drug thru the yard I believe is true (excited utterance) but for some reason LE changed it to walking. But why?

wfgodot
08-26-2012, 03:14 PM
If she wasen't being dragged and just walking with him I think the ? is, who would Holly walk with into the woods without a struggle? And for what reason? I can't see her just walking with someone that she thought was going to hurt her. That is if she was just walking not being drug like was orginally stated by Clint the only witness. I wonder if it would be of any help if Clint was hypnotized to see if he could recall maybe the conversation he heard or if he could remember anything else about the perp? That part about her being drug thru the yard I believe is true (excited utterance) but for some reason LE changed it to walking. But why?
LE blamed the mix-up on Clint.

And someone who has already been bloodied might be fairly easy to control

Foxfire
08-26-2012, 03:23 PM

I agree, wfgodot, the blood is a very good indication that a fight or scuffle had taken place and compliance gained by the abductor.

'Victim compliance; 1st rule of prey for an experienced sexual predator/serial killer'..
Holly Bobo, was in fear of her life and possibly Clint's life, imo.. There is precedent where the predator warned the victim that if they alerted others, they would be murdered.. Even when a victim may not fear for their own lives, they do have empathy for others. Especially if it is a family member..

Foxfire
08-26-2012, 03:33 PM

RE: LE blamed the mix-up on Clint.

wfgodot, LE/TBI had 4 different PIOs. Each told a different story with various adjectives and descriptions of the events of 04/13/2011..

If the 4 LE spokespersons had been posting on this websleuths thread.. Then they would have all received time outs, imo..

Kimster
08-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Remember to use your links guys. :tyou:

dejavoodoo64
08-26-2012, 04:04 PM

BBM-I really hope this doesn't turn out badly, as I do all the cases, but clicking through on photos you find a picture of this young lady with a beautiful little girl. I presume it's her daughter and she looks about 3 to me. All these cases at some point make me tear up, but this one did right away when I saw the little girl. The cases that have little children involved in some way really gets me.

I really wonder about a serial rapist/murder, but it's a very valid question IMO. As was noted in Holly's case there sure seem to be a lot of missing women cases in Tennesse that are unsolved and appear to be cold for a very long time. JMO

wfgodot
08-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Sex was not a primary component in the abduction.

This was not the work of a sexual predator, local or out-of-town.

And this was not a kidnapping for the purpose of keeping Holly hostage for sexual purposes somewhere in the area.

This especially was not the work of a kidnapper bound to sell his victim into "white slavery," or whatever.

There is no indication that any of the above was the reason for the abduction.

It's considered as such because Holly was a pretty young woman, and only for that reason.

Carla Lashelle
08-26-2012, 04:49 PM

And this was not a kidnapping for the purpose of keeping Holly hostage for sexual purposes somewhere in the area.

This especially was not the work of a kidnapper bound to sell his victim into "white slavery," or whatever.

It's considered as such because Holly was a pretty young woman, and only for that reason.

I see it as a sex crime. I feel Holly was kidnapped, sexually assaulted, killed and then dumped somewhere. Sad but true. Its how all these crimes end so I see no reason that this one will not follow the pattern. That was my initial impression over a year ago and that has not changed one bit since then.

Foxfire
08-26-2012, 06:45 PM
TBI spokeswoman Helm confirms TBI does not collect missing persons statistics in the state of Tennessee

http://www.examiner.com/article/holly-bobo-abduction-1-month-wrap-up-someone-knows-something?cid=PROD-redesign-right-next

Holly Bobo Abduction: 1-month wrap-up; ‘Someone knows something’

Several questions sent to TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm May 9, 2011 were unable to be answered; Helm said in an email: “I’m not going to be able to confirm any of the questions you sent me over the weekend at this time – as we aren’t releasing specific details of our investigation or anything about potential persons of interest. There are no volunteer search efforts scheduled at this time. We still have agents who are working leads daily.”

On May 11 was asked if there were any future searches planned, and to discuss a search said to have taken place at a quarry over the weekend, Helm said, “We have nothing new to release to the media at this time. There are no future searches planned as of today and there was not a search at a quarry over the weekend.”

nosyone
08-26-2012, 07:22 PM
A thought occurred to me that if a/the perp was there with Holly for 20 minutes before taking her, more than likely, it was someone she knew and was arguing with. It would be a really bad perp that argued with Holly for 20 minutes about kidnapping her, a stranger who had planned this crime would most likely be in a hurry to nab her. IMO, this was a culmination of an ongoing conflict with someone.

Foxfire
08-26-2012, 07:25 PM

wfgodot, I can't remember where a victim was abducted because they were a pretty young woman, without sex being the primary motive. Am I misinterpreting your comment?
What do you think the motive for Holly's abduction was?

masootz
08-26-2012, 07:37 PM
A thought occurred to me that if a/the perp was there with Holly for 20 minutes before taking her, more than likely, it was someone she knew and was arguing with. It would be a really bad perp that argued with Holly for 20 minutes about kidnapping her, a stranger who had planned this crime would most likely be in a hurry to nab her. IMO, this was a culmination of an ongoing conflict with someone.

i don't think that he was arguing with her for twenty minutes, it's simply that there was a twenty minute window between the last time someone spoke with her and the point at which law enforcement arrived. the perp only had twenty minutes total. i'd assume he was only at the car with her for five minutes or so.

masootz
08-26-2012, 07:40 PM
wfgodot, I can't remember where a victim was abducted because they were a pretty young woman, without sex being the primary motive. Am I misinterpreting your comment?
What do you think the motive for Holly's abduction was?

agreed. i don't see what other motive there would be based on what we know. she wasn't into any type of questionable lifestyle so the simplest explanation is unrequited infatuation. i think this whole case hinges on the perp thinking he had hours before anyone would realize she's gone but le being on the scene within twenty minutes. i think the focus should be on "how would your m.o. change in that situation if you were the bad guy?" -- you'd go from thinking you had all the time in the world (talking to her at her car, coercing her to follow you) to suddenly realizing you're somewhat trapped. that's wholly why i think the perp intended to take her off site. if he had intended to harm her in the woods he would have been caught. i think he lucked out that whatever he had planned worked even though the police were onto him quickly.