PDA

View Full Version : Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #36

Pages : 1 2 [3]

minni
08-04-2012, 11:18 PM
It seems incredible that only four months ago GBC had so much of what really matters in life and then, alegedly, he deliberately destroyed all of that by stealing the gift of life from Allison.

This begs the question, why? The only answer I can come up with is simply greed. Not being satisfied with what he had and wanting more.

Then inevitably came the bad decisions to try and feed the greed.

All so pathetic and pointless. One wonders, if he had succeeded in his goals (whatever they were exactly) would he ever have felt satisfied. I doubt it. No doubt he would still have hankered for more and made more bad decisions to try to get more.

I wonder what his goals are now? If he had been able to value what he had, this whole tragedy would never have happened.

Thats the million dollar question Frustrated, and the main reason I refused to believe for so long that he would do this. Its the saddest thing that Allison's life was cut short, and that her children will miss out on so much, and there is no real answer to why, other than self gratification, satisfying his own desires and needs without any consideration to how his actions will affect others.

IMO I think he has many narcissistic traits. It seems very clear to me that he planned to kill her in order to gain for himself. I am not saying that it went as planned, my thoughts are that it was planned, but he jumped the gun in a moment of anger and killed her in a different manner than first planned. But the pre planning and conception of killing her IMO shows his narcissistic characteristics.

IMO his goals now would be no different that he has always had and that is simply to make sure he satisfies his every need.

Right now he would be probably be feeling nervous, irritate and a bit empty as he is no longer getting the attention he craves. (I think they need a constant supply of admiration and affection, which they tend to sexualise, by having affairs)

I believe people that are narcissistic are masking and hiding behind a very sad existence of emptiness, insecurity, insignificance and depression. Everything is a facade, and all their actions are a reaction to these feelings they do not wish to surface. My empathatic and understanding side feels very sorry for people like this

possumheart
08-05-2012, 01:48 AM
I wonder what his goals are now?

All I can think is GBC is the ultimate reality show star now. If that was his goal, he has achieved it.

possumheart
08-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Have been out in the yard this weekend (beautiful weather finally).
Was postulating that perhaps GBC was itchy because he threw a large bag of lime over the body. It would be a practical thing to do, but would have really irritated his skin.
NBC could have been waiting at the roundabout (sigh) with a bag of lime.
The lime would have been detectable easily, leading to the 'interference with a corpse' charge.
Forgive me if this is far fetched or off topic, have hives at the moment and living on phenergan ... but it has made me think about pH.

minni
08-05-2012, 02:57 AM
Have been out in the yard this weekend (beautiful weather finally).
Was postulating that perhaps GBC was itchy because he threw a large bag of lime over the body. It would be a practical thing to do, but would have really irritated his skin.
NBC could have been waiting at the roundabout (sigh) with a bag of lime.
The lime would have been detectable easily, leading to the 'interference with a corpse' charge.
Forgive me if this is far fetched or off topic, have hives at the moment and living on phenergan ... but it has made me think about pH.

I'm surprised you are even awake!!

possumheart
08-05-2012, 03:08 AM
I'm surprised you are even awake!!

Sleepwalking through washing my clothes in low irritant stuff.

Onlyone
08-05-2012, 03:35 AM
Sleepwalking through washing my clothes in low irritant stuff.

Off topic, but Possumheart, do you know what's set you off? I'm living on phenergan too at the moment..

Keyboredom
08-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Hi all

Haven't kept up with the threads, but not sure if this was mentioned. Apparently GBC's lawyer has told him to stay silent and he will definitely get him off, due to the inconsistencies that will be found in the evidence. Only from a general but reliable source, so sadly it could be true and the way things work.

Also suggested there has been custody issues over the girls with someone from that fine family contesting the Dickies rights to have the kids in their care.

Heard from people close to the family that everyone's response from day one was "he's killed her". If this is true, there's been some amazing restraint shown.
If Alison was my daughter he'd be dead and i'd be the one in jail.

My justice prevail somehow.

IMO

possumheart
08-05-2012, 04:12 AM
Off topic, but Possumheart, do you know what's set you off? I'm living on phenergan too at the moment..

I think the water is hard and the air is dry

possumheart
08-05-2012, 04:17 AM
Hi all

Haven't kept up with the threads, but not sure if this was mentioned. Apparently GBC's lawyer has told him to stay silent and he will definitely get him off, due to the inconsistencies that will be found in the evidence. Only from a general but reliable source, so sadly it could be true and the way things work.

Also suggested there has been custody issues over the girls with someone from that fine family contesting the Dickies rights to have the kids in their care.

Heard from people close to the family that everyone's response from day one was "he's killed her". If this is true, there's been some amazing restraint shown.

IMO

Welcome home keyboredom :skip:

Timmy
08-05-2012, 04:26 AM
[QUOTE=Keyboredom;8230449]Hi all

Good to see you're still around! Thanks for sharing your information. I agree re: the amazing restraint shown. I hope and pray that if he is guilty that justice will be served. That's all anyone really wants isn't it? That if someone has murdered someone that they are found guilty and DO NOT get off. No one wants an innocent person to be put in jail. Thanks again KeyBoredom!

Liadan
08-05-2012, 04:29 AM
The Winter Wattle has just about rendered my nose USELESS! I am surviving on anti-histamines. Otherwise my household would be bankrupt from buying tissues and toilet paper for my runny nose. I have had that Winter Lurgy and now the sinus runny nose will be here until those blinking wattles have finished completely!

Love them cause they are yellow and remind me of sun and flowers like a bright spark Allison but hate them because they just about lay me flat!

Humdinger
08-05-2012, 04:31 AM
Hi all

IMO
Welcome back keyboredom!

It makes me so sick to think that he could walk free and raise those girls :( IMO

Nads
08-05-2012, 04:48 AM
Perhaps the BC family want custody so they can ensure the girls never have to give evidence? And other normal reasons too.

Indromum
08-05-2012, 05:08 AM
Hi all

IMO
Great to see you back KB!

Onlyone
08-05-2012, 05:25 AM
<modsnip>

Do you remember someone earlier in the week mentioned that the senior BC's wouldn't get access but OW would in the future. I've looked again for the post as I wanted to ask if this was rumor or fact - can't find it, I was wondering why her & not them... Perhaps that's who wants custody - good christian family & all :-(
Surely they could be made (by law) to hand over the girls possessions as having their own things must be in their best interests. That way their possessions can stay with them if by some quirk of absurdity someone else is guilty & GBC is released. Grrrr so cross... Wouldn't a normal person just want the girls to be secure & loved where they are. Sorry you felt dismissed Minni, maybe we were all just hoping it can't happen.

enthralled
08-05-2012, 05:32 AM
Exactly Mani, I watch a lot of crime shows, and the amazing thing about a lot of them is just how stupid these people are. Now, maybe they aren't always stupid, but in the aftermath of murdering someone (not so much with premeditated murder as they have at least thought it through for some time, but in an act of rage) they make rash decisions in the spur of the moment when there is adrenalin, fear, excitement, panic etc coursing through their body. They just arent thinking on a normal level at all.

So the reports of the prado (i think) driving erratically down brookfield rod, the facecall the going to the roundabout (which seems so stupid to us at first glance) all makes sense to me.

Mani and Minni this scenario sounds good. It covers a lot of the bases.

Because I only joined at about thread 32 or 33, I decided to try reading from thread 1. I was quite shocked when Alicat mentioned she got and eerie feeling when driving over Kholo Bridge and then days later Allison was found there. Freaked me out a bit because I got an eerie feeling when I saw the pics of Ugly Creek. I really hope I dont have Alicat's intuition or pyschic abilities. The pics of Ugly Creek made it look like the loneliest place out. Any place to be dumped would be lonely and horrible, but that place just seems really eerie.

minni
08-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Do you remember someone earlier in the week mentioned that the senior BC's wouldn't get access but OW would in the future. I've looked again for the post as I wanted to ask if this was rumor or fact - can't find it, I was wondering why her & not them... Perhaps that's who wants custody - good christian family & all :-(
Surely they could be made (by law) to hand over the girls possessions as having their own things must be in their best interests. That way their possessions can stay with them if by some quirk of absurdity someone else is guilty & GBC is released. Grrrr so cross... Wouldn't a normal person just want the girls to be secure & loved where they are. Sorry you felt dismissed Minni, maybe we were all just hoping it can't happen.

Thank you Onlyone... you are so right...for most of us, all we would ever want, ahead of our own needs, is to make the girls transition into this new and uncertain life, as easy and pain free as possible. I dont recall any talk about OW getting custody, I missed that one. I don't see a judge taking the girls away from their current situation after everything they have been through, just to hand them over to other people.

I AM scared that he may get out. In the event he does, the girls would go straight back to him, no question of custody. That is a worry.

<modsnip>

I think if they were to gain permanent custody, maybe they could demand things of this nature, but as it so temporary, maybe they dont have to power yet? I dont know much about it, but I do feel safe in the knowledge that a judge will absolutely put the girls interests first

minni
08-05-2012, 05:44 AM
Mani and Minni this scenario sounds good. It covers a lot of the bases.

Because I only joined at about thread 32 or 33, I decided to try reading from thread 1. I was quite shocked when Alicat mentioned she got and eerie feeling when driving over Kholo Bridge and then days later Allison was found there. Freaked me out a bit because I got an eerie feeling when I saw the pics of Ugly Creek. I really hope I dont have Alicat's intuition or pyschic abilities. The pics of Ugly Creek made it look like the loneliest place out. Any place to be dumped would be lonely and horrible, but that place just seems really eerie.

Hi Enthralled, even now, I go back and read through the old threads, and I have to say...they are fascinating reading...if you dont read them (as painfully long as they are) you will really be missing out. SO much is covered and dissected and discussed, it is a must. It will take you quite a long time though!!!

enthralled
08-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Hi Enthralled, even now, I go back and read through the old threads, and I have to say...they are fascinating reading...if you dont read them (as painfully long as they are) you will really be missing out. SO much is covered and dissected and discussed, it is a must. It will take you quite a long time though!!!

Your right it is fascinating reading. The frustrating thing is I want to respond to some of the posts :banghead:

marlywings
08-05-2012, 06:01 AM

This may be the post you mentioned??...

I've seen them at dancing and outwardly they look good. However you notice the stoop that Geoff now has, the anxiety on their faces, the uncomfortableness of people staring and being the subject of talk. I think the Dickie family as a whole is absolutely amazing. They are all living together to get through this. What Allisons sister and brother have given up to assist as well is just mind blowing. How sad that Allison didn't feel she could lean on this wonderful family in her time of need. How awful that GBC in his revolting treatment of her made her doubt their love and acceptance for her.

My scuttlebutt is that they have custody of the girls till the end of the year and then it will be reviewed. During that time the BC family has absolutely no access. After this OW will be given supervised access but only OW. I think this will be very stressful for them....all the what ifs etc

My belief is that there is more to come regarding charges etc for the BC's to have been cleanly cut out in this fashion. Clearly those in the know believe that they would unduly influence the girls in some way.

Interestingly the girls are not completely in the know about where GBC is and why. The Dickies whatever their beliefs and feelings have maintained some "fairytale" for the girls. Obviously being back at school and in the public arena they will hear things but clearly at home it is all about support and love and not overt GBC bashing. I bow to them on this one - I'm not sure I could do it!!

All of course MOO

Onlyone
08-05-2012, 06:02 AM
I've seen them at dancing and outwardly they look good. However you notice the stoop that Geoff now has, the anxiety on their faces, the uncomfortableness of people staring and being the subject of talk. I think the Dickie family as a whole is absolutely amazing. They are all living together to get through this. What Allisons sister and brother have given up to assist as well is just mind blowing. How sad that Allison didn't feel she could lean on this wonderful family in her time of need. How awful that GBC in his revolting treatment of her made her doubt their love and acceptance for her.

My scuttlebutt is that they have custody of the girls till the end of the year and then it will be reviewed. During that time the BC family has absolutely no access. After this OW will be given supervised access but only OW. I think this will be very stressful for them....all the what ifs etc

My belief is that there is more to come regarding charges etc for the BC's to have been cleanly cut out in this fashion. Clearly those in the know believe that they would unduly influence the girls in some way.

Interestingly the girls are not completely in the know about where GBC is and why. The Dickies whatever their beliefs and feelings have maintained some "fairytale" for the girls. Obviously being back at school and in the public arena they will hear things but clearly at home it is all about support and love and not overt GBC bashing. I bow to them on this one - I'm not sure I could do it!!

All of course MOO
Found it!
Very busy patting myself on my back. Can we discuss this? Why is she likely to get access & is it usual procedure for such things to be decided so far in advance.

Onlyone
08-05-2012, 06:04 AM
This may be the post you mentioned??...

Thanks Marlywings so much more efficient than me. :-)
At least I got there - eventually

marlywings
08-05-2012, 06:06 AM
Hi all

IMO

Welcome back Keyboredom... :)

I'm a bit skeptical about the lawyer saying he'll get him off because of inconsistencies that will be found in the evidence.

If the lawyer doesn't yet have all the evidence how would he know what police have on GBC. The evidence isn't due to be handed over to defence until 20th August & the accounting side of it all not until November.

marlywings
08-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Thanks Marlywings so much more efficient than me. :-)
At least I got there - eventually

Well done Onlyone ;)

Completelyconfused
08-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Found it!
Very busy patting myself on my back. Can we discuss this? Why is she likely to get access & is it usual procedure for such things to be decided so far in advance.

Hi Onlyone,

I cannot give you verification as my information comes from a source that cannot be identified. I will say MOO etc so that the powers that be remain happy but it is from the horse's mouth so to speak.....

My understanding is that OW will be given supervised access because she was named by GBC as guardian of the children. I had an altercation with another member earlier on here (just after he was arrested) but GBC named her as guardian. Essentially as he hasn't harmed the girls his "rights" (and I use that word because of what it recognises not because it may be the correct legal term) as their father still remain intact and he is able to assert who will look after the girls but he still makes the decisions. He put this all in place just before he was arrested. What has subsequently happened is that the courts have ignored this in what is quite unusual. The belief is that the seniors BC's are in some way involved and will try to unduly influence the girls as they are potential witnesses. The facetime call in fact changed a lot of decisions!! IMO

OW is not believed to have been involved but because she potentially knew after the fact they are still keeping her out of the way as well. The decision is apparently reviewed every 6 weeks but is expected to stay as status quo until the end of the year. In the Dickies favour is that they have been resistant to hammering GBC in the press and therefore have come across as less likely to influence the girls.

The BC family haven't allowed the Dickies access to the belongings because they belong to GBC. Unfortunately being an ass*&le isn't grounds to force the issue. The local community has triumphed and come to the rescue here and it's been just amazing.

It is an incredibly stressful situation and there is a lot of stress and fear but they are living day to day and moment to moment hoping and praying it all goes their way.

On another point IMO GBC has been told to keep his mouth shut but I think eventually it will become too much for him - he will need to boast of his exploits. I have also heard from a friend who works at the prison that he is exhibiting behaviour that is quite sexually graphic. There is a thought he is trying to pass himself off as a sex addict!! Ewwww shudder IMO IMO

minni
08-05-2012, 06:23 AM

I'm a bit skeptical about the lawyer saying he'll get him off because of inconsistencies that will be found in the evidence.

If the lawyer doesn't yet have all the evidence how would he know what police have on GBC. The evidence isn't due to be handed over to defence until 20th August & the accounting side of it all not until November.

you make a good point Marly, for me though, I was given this info on sunday. KB coming here and posting has just verified it for me, if only in my mind.

I have always and will always take KB's posts very seriously, so whilst we are only talking here, I take this on board as something to put in my fact file.
But I do see that it a real hard one to see coming to fruition. On top of that, not a single soul that I have ever talked to wants this to be true. Fingers crossed its not

Humdinger
08-05-2012, 06:24 AM

Good point Marly, they took a long time to gather the evidence to make an arrest, so surely they've got enough for a conviction!

Onlyone
08-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Hi Onlyone,

I cannot give you verification as my information comes from a source that cannot be identified. I will say MOO etc so that the powers that be remain happy but it is from the horse's mouth so to speak.....

My understanding is that OW will be given supervised access because she was named by GBC as guardian of the children. I had an altercation with another member earlier on here (just after he was arrested) but GBC named her as guardian. Essentially as he hasn't harmed the girls his "rights" (and I use that word because of what it recognises not because it may be the correct legal term) as their father still remain intact and he is able to assert who will look after the girls but he still makes the decisions. He put this all in place just before he was arrested. What has subsequently happened is that the courts have ignored this in what is quite unusual. The belief is that the seniors BC's are in some way involved and will try to unduly influence the girls as they are potential witnesses. The facetime call in fact changed a lot of decisions!! IMO

OW is not believed to have been involved but because she potentially knew after the fact they are still keeping her out of the way as well. The decision is apparently reviewed every 6 weeks but is expected to stay as status quo until the end of the year. In the Dickies favour is that they have been resistant to hammering GBC in the press and therefore have come across as less likely to influence the girls.

The BC family haven't allowed the Dickies access to the belongings because they belong to GBC. Unfortunately being an ass*&le isn't grounds to force the issue. The local community has triumphed and come to the rescue here and it's been just amazing.

It is an incredibly stressful situation and there is a lot of stress and fear but they are living day to day and moment to moment hoping and praying it all goes their way.

On another point IMO GBC has been told to keep his mouth shut but I think eventually it will become too much for him - he will need to boast of his exploits. I have also heard from a friend who works at the prison that he is exhibiting behaviour that is quite sexually graphic. There is a thought he is trying to pass himself off as a sex addict!! Ewwww shudder IMO IMO

Thank you CC, that makes sense now. I was forgetting he would have rights...
I feel even more the the Dickies - what an incredible stress to live under, as if losing a daughter and gaining a family to raise wasn't sufficient. Really puts the BC's into the spotlight of what they are - really is all about them. How do they look in a mirror & think they are doing the right thing.
Can any of our legal experts predict what would happen if he is convicted, will his wishes for the girls be reinstated post trial? What if another BC is an assessory, would that change anything?
What would the child experts say on the influence of having to live with the family of the person convicted (fingers crossed) of murdering your mother?
Sex addict? Pah! Hope it falls off.

minni
08-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Hi Onlyone,

Thanks Completely Confused! I too have been told that the custody thing is every six weeks, and that the first three weeks has flown, and with 3 weeks remaining (now 2) they are very anxious, so it is very unsettling and must be causing huge amounts of stress.

As for the sex addict thing..I have heard that too, lots of self gratification in jail (not to be confused with the more innocent use of the phrase I posted earlier, this time I am saying it like it is)

It makes me wonder about the affairs. I know for narcissistic types, affairs are a quick and easy way to get their supply of attention and admiration.

Something that was going around at the very beginning but has never ever been mentioned since, was the story that he was a sex addict, and that swinging was something that might have been an activity of his. I remember posting that I believed that sometimes, in a relationship that is falling apart, a woman will be open to the suggestion of trying to spice up their relationship, so to speak. Understandably, this comment offended and upset many posters. As such, I havent gone there since. But I heard it, and I accept that these things happen, and that beautiful, intelligent and confident women will sometimes consider things you might not at first think a possibility.

I am not saying I think this, I am saying that I head it, and if it were true, it would not make a single, minutae, scrap or iota of difference to the respect I feel for Allison MOO MOO MOO

KG1
08-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Off topic, but a new update on this matter.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-06/morcombe-accused-to-face-court/4178868

Nads
08-05-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm wondering if the QPS could plant an inmate with sympathetic big ears to kindly befriend GBC while he's in jail? It's a pity they don't have cellmates.

Or better still, a sympathetic attractive female guard!

Mountain Misst
08-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi Onlyone,

Thanks CC. I've passed the info on.

The activity referred to in the last para, in psych terms imo, is to reinforce the imagined 'power of the male' rather than exhibitionism. He'd be struggling mentally by now with the demons inside his head ever present.

No sympathy from me.

possumheart
08-05-2012, 10:28 PM
I have also heard from a friend who works at the prison that he is exhibiting behaviour that is quite sexually graphic.
Would this chronic masturbation (or whatever) stop them from intergrating GBC into the general prison population?

LauraMars
08-05-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't know anything about the prison system Possum, but I would imagine that a lot of masturbation would go on, so I wouldn't think that would necessarily stop them integrating GBC into the mainstream prison population. I wonder if because of the nature of the crime though, whether they would be keeping him separate for his safety (or his mental health?)

MOO

Makara
08-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Would this chronic masturbation (or whatever) stop them from intergrating GBC into the general prison population?

I could answer that Possum but I'm a lady. :blushing:

LauraMars
08-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Big thanks to Completelyconfused for the info posted further up - very interesting.

Gosh it must be sooo stressful for the Dickies, as if they haven't been through enough already.

What an appalling and revolting family the BCs appear to be. I imagine they will never be able to show their faces without incurring a huge amount of disgust from the majority of people, and they deserve every ounce of it IMO.

Nads
08-05-2012, 11:07 PM
What sort of isolation is BC staying in with respect to the prison? Doesn't have to go into the yard type isolation, or in a different section type isolation?

Crime and punishment
08-05-2012, 11:20 PM
I think it's sad that the Dickies have not been given access to the family belongings to go through- surely some of it belonged to Allison -not all would be Gerard's. The girls might be pining for some of their own things- special dolls - favourite clothes etc. I remember the prayer request from the Walton's at the time of the funeral was to pray for 'unity' between the 2 families (cant give a link sorry) which would suggest that even before Gerard was charged - the families didnt get on. Of course we dont know what was said behind closed doors but you have to be impressed by the dignified way that the Dickies have behaved through all this nightmare such a contrast to the garage pash session with Nigel and Elaine and smart comments from EBC when reporters were at their house.

I wonder if Olivia and Ian are planning on relocating to Brisbane from Townsville? Woof I think mentioned the children in the Walton family are home schooled. Olivia will have her work cut out for her if she wants to home school the 6 children if they get custody. The girls might be happy to be with them though -they would have grown up together with lots of family interaction before Walton's moved to Townsville. They were all staying together at Snr Baden-clays during those dark days before Allison was found and before the funeral. I heard they were having Bible studies together. Gerard's grief seemed real to the Waltons - judging by the email requesting bail surety- or they are easily fooled....or way too trusting. With all that has come out I cant understand how he could be innocent.

Those poor little girls- how uncertain is their future? I hope Dickies aren't cut off totally if custody is granted to OW.
My ravings only....IMO

marlywings
08-05-2012, 11:35 PM
August 06, 2012 12:43PM

An Ipswich golf day has raised more than $30,000 for the three daughters of Allison Baden-Clay.

The brother of the former Ipswich Girls' Grammar School student, Ashley Dickie, was among the 220 golfers who took to the Sandy Gallop Golf Club on Sunday.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/ipswich/allison-baden-clays-daughters-to-receive-financial-boost-after-ipswich-golf-day-raises-more-than-30000/story-fn8m0yo2-1226443902317

squizzey1
08-05-2012, 11:52 PM

An Ipswich golf day has raised more than $30,000 for the three daughters of Allison Baden-Clay.

The brother of the former Ipswich Girls' Grammar School student, Ashley Dickie, was among the 220 golfers who took to the Sandy Gallop Golf Club on Sunday.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/ipswich/allison-baden-clays-daughters-to-receive-financial-boost-after-ipswich-golf-day-raises-more-than-30000/story-fn8m0yo2-1226443902317

WOW how good is that. and another stirling act by a Dickie . with family and friends like this i think we can be pretty sure the 3 little angels will be supported well by those of the family who love and care for them.

enthralled
08-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Hi Onlyone,

I will give him sex addict. <modsnip>

FirstTimer
08-06-2012, 12:44 AM

Thanks MW. It is amazing the support the girls are getting from the Dickie's side of the family. Amazing people all of them.

AND nothing from the BCs, not even the girls own belongings. What dispicable, abhorrent, hateful people they are. I cannot believe the actions of this family. Thinking of nothing but themselves.

I seriously hope that the girls get to stay with Priscilla and Jeff.

Cheers.

Woodstock
08-06-2012, 01:19 AM
The news that the three girlsí custody arrangements are reviewed every six weeks sent chills down my spine. This uncertainty just adds to the many difficulties that face the Dickie family as they hold it together and care for the girls in these horrific circumstances. What they must be going through emotionally is mind-boggling.

The following was posted by Karo some weeks ago in a thread thatís closed now and Iíve not been able to work out how to link:

ďThe trust fund has been established by the Dickie family, with Allison's brother and sister having complete control over the distribution of the funds.

As reported, the funds will be used exclusively for the welfare, care and in particular the education of Allison's three daughters.Ē

While trying to avoid thinking about the emotional stresses on the Dickies and the girls I started to wonder about the implications for the trust fund, if the BC family (heaven forbid) had custody. Would there be any chance of the family unity the Waltons were espousing?

MOO

Dodo
08-06-2012, 01:23 AM
<modsnip>

Very public spirited of you enthralled!:floorlaugh:

How 'genteel' lol

squizzey1
08-06-2012, 01:32 AM
The news that the three girlsí custody arrangements are reviewed every six weeks sent chills down my spine. This uncertainty just adds to the many difficulties that face the Dickie family as they hold it together and care for the girls in these horrific circumstances. What they must be going through emotionally is mind-boggling.

The following was posted by Karo some weeks ago in a thread thatís closed now and Iíve not been able to work out how to link:

ďThe trust fund has been established by the Dickie family, with Allison's brother and sister having complete control over the distribution of the funds.

As reported, the funds will be used exclusively for the welfare, care and in particular the education of Allison's three daughters.Ē

While trying to avoid thinking about the emotional stresses on the Dickies and the girls I started to wonder about the implications for the trust fund, if the BC family (heaven forbid) had custody. Would there be any chance of the family unity the Waltons were espousing?

MOO

fear not woodstock. very hard { near impossible if trustees disagree} to change trustees and harder to change beneficiaries also depends who the settlor is if bcs were and arent involved at this stage there is as much chance , even less , than GBC being knighted for bravery

enthralled
08-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Very public spirited of you enthralled!:floorlaugh:

How 'genteel' lol

Well I think we have just found out that a few of us are "very public spirited" lol
Don't we make a great crew. That's what I call justice for Allison

squizzey1
08-06-2012, 01:38 AM
fear not woodstock. very hard { near impossible if trustees disagree} to change trustees and harder to change beneficiaries also depends who the settlor is if bcs were and arent involved at this stage there is as much chance , even less , than GBC being knighted for bravery

i also thought i read that there is also an independent trustee who would have been chosen by the Dickie family so that would make it even harder

enthralled
08-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Thanks MW. It is amazing the support the girls are getting from the Dickie's side of the family. Amazing people all of them.

AND nothing from the BCs, not even the girls own belongings. What dispicable, abhorrent, hateful people they are. I cannot believe the actions of this family. Thinking of nothing but themselves.

I seriously hope that the girls get to stay with Priscilla and Jeff.

Cheers.

Well said "first timer". They didn't hesitate in asking for money to support the grub so why can't they send out another email asking for financial support for the girl's and the dickie family. They could make a fund raising effort through the church even.

squizzey1
08-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Well said "first timer". They didn't hesitate in asking for money to support the grub so why can't they send out another email asking for financial support for the girl's and the dickie family. They could make a fund raising effort through the church even.

because they dont give a rats ar## about anybody except themselves and that doesnt include family because what have they done for those little girls, sweet F A . hope those that deserve to rot in hell

Flinders
08-06-2012, 02:12 AM
I've been looking for apps that would be useful in real estate sales. So far all I can find at the minute is this:

Bonus Apps Realtors may also Appreciate

Find My iPhone

This app is handy for tracking down which house you left your iPad or iPhone in and disabling it until you can reunite with your beloved Apple product. You can remotely erase the device should itís departure become permanent. There are also some sneaky parental uses for it too.

http://www.agentharvest.com/blog/top-5-real-estate-apps-for-the-apple-iphone-and-apple-ipad/

I'm sure Facetime would be useful as well for a walk through but all I can find out about it is that it uses up data allowances.

All my own opinion.

enthralled
08-06-2012, 02:16 AM
haha give me a minute and I will find the post I made asking exactly the same thing!!!!! no one stopped though. You probably have a reasonably good chance of catching up at the moment. we've been on this page for about a week!!

Hi Onlyone,

How could he benefit from being a sex addict? Surely that wouldnt work in his favour some way for sentencing would it? It better not. "I murdered someone but you have to excuse me because I am a sex addict"

possumheart
08-06-2012, 02:23 AM
I've been looking for apps that would be useful in real estate sales.

I'm sure Facetime would be useful as well for a walk through but all I can find out about it is that it uses up data allowances.

Hi Flinders,
Here's a start: http://www.century21.com.au/iphone-app/
CENTURY 21 iPhone App

enthralled
08-06-2012, 02:23 AM
I've been looking for apps that would be useful in real estate sales. So far all I can find at the minute is this:

Bonus Apps Realtors may also Appreciate

Find My iPhone

This app is handy for tracking down which house you left your iPad or iPhone in and disabling it until you can reunite with your beloved Apple product. You can remotely erase the device should itís departure become permanent. There are also some sneaky parental uses for it too.

http://www.agentharvest.com/blog/top-5-real-estate-apps-for-the-apple-iphone-and-apple-ipad/

All my own opinion.

Lets hope that that app wasnt on Allison's phone and gbc knew the codes to remotely erase the device. I wonder how good a job it does of erasing things, could an Apple technician still access the data?

Flinders
08-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Thanks Poss. I found this app a while ago. When I first found it online it was odd because the text was fuzzy. Then days later the site was working fine. I don't want to put Century21 into the mix of this as there are many real estate agents who don't want to be associated by another's alleged actions.

All my own opinion.

[quote=Flinders;8233239]I've been looking for apps that would be useful in real estate sales.

Hi Flinders,
Here's a start: http://www.century21.com.au/iphone-app/
CENTURY 21 iPhone App

Sorry I quoted myself, I was meaning to quote Poss.

possumheart
08-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Thanks Poss. I found this app a while ago. When I first found it online it was odd because the text was fuzzy. Then days later the site was working fine. I don't want to put Century21 into the mix of this as there are many real estate agents who don't want to be associated by another's alleged actions.

All my own opinion.

too true Flinders, however at least this one gives us an idea of the standard real estate tool kit of iPhone tricks perhaps ...
MOO

frustrated detective
08-06-2012, 03:37 AM
Thinking a bit more about greed probably being GBC's motive (greed in the sense of a disordered desire for something, not limited to money) and the type of motivation seminars which he attended through his work.

It seems to me that in many marketing professions these days the whole concept of wanting more and thinking BIG is hyped-up to a degree that is quite worrying. Some personalities may get carried away with the concept and not know when to stop.

Could GBC have reacted in an extreme way to those hyped-up seminars/conferences which he attended? Could it be that he became delusional about 'the sky's the limit' on what he could desire and expect to get?

I have no idea, but perhaps it is possible that those motivational messages were somehow taken on board in a distorted, extreme way by GBC and led to his alleged actions on that fateful night.

Opinionsgalore
08-06-2012, 03:49 AM
How could he benefit from being a sex addict? Surely that wouldnt work in his favour some way for sentencing would it? It better not. "I murdered someone but you have to excuse me because I am a sex addict"

Tiger Woods also claimed to be a sex addict, and from what I recall, the general consensus was that he was making the claim to help his image.
ie: "I can't help it" and "I'm a good guy - I just have a problem". "I love my wife:- I wasn't cheating on her - it's my addiction".
Didn't GBC want the current state (as of April 2012) of his relationship with TM kept secret to maintain his public image ?

All MOO.

Opinionsgalore
08-06-2012, 04:05 AM

This just popped into my head, hopefully someone legally minded can sound this out.

Could sexual addiction be classified as a mental condition and therefore could it lead to a claim of 'diminished responsibility' ?

All MOO.

possumheart
08-06-2012, 05:54 AM
From my unfortunate experience with barristers I can vouch that they do well by the jury if they paint the victim as compliant if not consensual.
Compliant=didn't say no
Consensual=said yes

SoSueMe
08-06-2012, 06:29 AM
We don't advocate violence against anyone on Websleuths. Please go back and delete your posts if you've advocated any sort of violence, even if just in jest.

Thank you.

Nads
08-06-2012, 06:37 AM
radix omnium malorum est cupiditas

Hey, I don't understand that.

minni
08-06-2012, 06:45 AM
Hey, I don't understand that.
It just means, 'the love of money is the root of all evil'

possumheart
08-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Hi Marly :angel:

Bayside
08-06-2012, 07:16 AM
It just means, 'the love of money is the root of all evil'

I agree with that.

pulpfiction
08-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Sexual addiction is nothing more than a continuing pattern of unwanted compulsive sexual behavior that has had a negative impact on an individual's personal, social and/or economic standing.

. Sexual Addiction is not a disease by medical standards. It is not an excuse for having marital affairs, nor is it a defense in criminal proceedings involving sexual behavior. It is neither rare, nor incurable. Sexual addiction is not found in the majority of rapists and stalkers. The vast majority of sexual addicts are no more likely to engage in child molestation or rape than a randomly-selected stranger. In fact, many times, the sexual addict is actually less likely to engage in such behaviors due to their skewed value system.

A proposed mental condition termed "hypersexual disorder" is being considered for inclusion in the appendix of the DSM-V, due for publication in May 2013. Its placement in the appendix would indicate hypersexual disorder is a phenomenon worthy of scientific interest but in need of more research before being considered an official disorder.

Currently, the DSM-IV has an entry for "sexual disorder not otherwise specified," defined as distress about repeated sexual relationships with a succession of lovers who exist "as things to be used," a description Many say is vague and limited.

To meet the proposed criteria for hypersexual disorder, an adult would have to meet four of the following five criteria, repeatedly, over a period of at least six months: spend excessive time engaged in sexual fantasies, urges and behaviors; use sex in response to unpleasant moods like anxiety, depression or boredom; use sex in response to stressful life events; unsuccessfully try to control or reduce sexual activities; and pursue sex despite risks for physical or emotional harm. The behavior also must cause personal distress or impairment in a person's social or work life (www.psychologytoday.com)

*I don't see GBC being able to use this as a defense at all. Like in other cases it may show he has compulsive behaviour and was a creep but this alone does not invoke brain chemistry that would or could be perceived to be sufficiently so disrupted, altered or compromised to a point where one could justify or claim that their addiction caused them to inadvertently kill their wife.

In terms of a sex game gone wrong. Highly unlikely I'd say. New hair do, kids potentially around, getting stuff ready for school next day, getting ready for conference, a Thursday night etc. etc. can't see it at all - even though I know someone just put it out there.

My money is on Allison hitting the roof about TM going the next day. I'd say GBC lost it. throw in the money and possible thoughts he had about collecting insurance money and I'd say it was possible in a moment of rage it all got out of hand and he overreacted. If Allison argued about the conference, TM, money, reputation, counselling, maybe knowing of other affairs, the lies etc. etc. it all, when combined, may have been enough to make him use force to shut her up and he overdid it because I feel he was so unhinged and merely gripping life (aka his public persona) by the finger tips. Allison may have threatened to expose him for example for what he is and in a fit of rage all of his frustration with everything, including pressure from TM has come out.

pulpfiction
08-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Nice to see you all. I've been way too busy with work and think I've caught up but have probably missed a few things. Great to see money raised at golf day

enthralled
08-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Thank you Pulp Fiction for your info on the sexual addication, very interesting. Also big thanks to Daisyinthedesert and minni. Have to say I really enjoy reading and discussing other ideas.

enthralled
08-06-2012, 07:12 PM
The one thing I really cant get my head around, no matter how hard I try, is how did someone with a finance background and a father with a finance background get into so much financial mess.
If gbc had grandiose ideas and wanted to spend recklessly to make himself appear to be a high flyer, wouldnt nbc be able to step in and tone down some of these grandiose ideas e.g. moving to Toowong Towers when your business is struggling and realestate itself isnt exactly booming. People are being cautious. How could two heads together not be able to see common sense, personality issues or not?

squizzey1
08-06-2012, 07:48 PM
The one thing I really cant get my head around, no matter how hard I try, is how did someone with a finance background and a father with a finance background get into so much financial mess.
If gbc had grandiose ideas and wanted to spend recklessly to make himself appear to be a high flyer, wouldnt nbc be able to step in and tone down some of these grandiose ideas e.g. moving to Toowong Towers when your business is struggling and realestate itself isnt exactly booming. People are being cautious. How could two heads together not be able to see common sense, personality issues or not?

not so sure NBC had a lot of finance knowledge or indeed a lot of money. one of my staff was in the same class as gbc at toowoomba grammar and said the bcs were not at all well off and they were selling tupperware or something to make ends meet. also said that his classmates always thought that gbc was gay

possumheart
08-06-2012, 07:52 PM
not so sure NBC had a lot of finance knowledge or indeed a lot of money. one of my staff was in the same class as gbc at toowoomba grammar and said the bcs were not at all well off and they were selling tupperware or something to make ends meet. also said that his classmates always thought that gbc was gay

To be fair squizzey, I have knocked along side many Zimbabweans re-making their way in Australia, and it is a financial stretch to get resettled. Also the accent (which GBC seems to have retained the hint of) does come across as gay to the ears of an average Aussie kid ...

Opinionsgalore
08-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Sexual addiction is nothing more than a continuing pattern of unwanted compulsive sexual behavior that has had a negative impact on an individual's personal, social and/or economic standing.

. Sexual Addiction is not a disease by medical standards. It is not an excuse for having marital affairs, nor is it a defense in criminal proceedings involving sexual behavior. It is neither rare, nor incurable. Sexual addiction is not found in the majority of rapists and stalkers. The vast majority of sexual addicts are no more likely to engage in child molestation or rape than a randomly-selected stranger. In fact, many times, the sexual addict is actually less likely to engage in such behaviors due to their skewed value system.

A proposed mental condition termed "hypersexual disorder" is being considered for inclusion in the appendix of the DSM-V, due for publication in May 2013. Its placement in the appendix would indicate hypersexual disorder is a phenomenon worthy of scientific interest but in need of more research before being considered an official disorder.

Currently, the DSM-IV has an entry for "sexual disorder not otherwise specified," defined as distress about repeated sexual relationships with a succession of lovers who exist "as things to be used," a description Many say is vague and limited.

To meet the proposed criteria for hypersexual disorder, an adult would have to meet four of the following five criteria, repeatedly, over a period of at least six months: spend excessive time engaged in sexual fantasies, urges and behaviors; use sex in response to unpleasant moods like anxiety, depression or boredom; use sex in response to stressful life events; unsuccessfully try to control or reduce sexual activities; and pursue sex despite risks for physical or emotional harm. The behavior also must cause personal distress or impairment in a person's social or work life (www.psychologytoday.com)

*I don't see GBC being able to use this as a defense at all. Like in other cases it may show he has compulsive behaviour and was a creep but this alone does not invoke brain chemistry that would or could be perceived to be sufficiently so disrupted, altered or compromised to a point where one could justify or claim that their addiction caused them to inadvertently kill their wife.

In terms of a sex game gone wrong. Highly unlikely I'd say. New hair do, kids potentially around, getting stuff ready for school next day, getting ready for conference, a Thursday night etc. etc. can't see it at all - even though I know someone just put it out there.

My money is on Allison hitting the roof about TM going the next day. I'd say GBC lost it. throw in the money and possible thoughts he had about collecting insurance money and I'd say it was possible in a moment of rage it all got out of hand and he overreacted. If Allison argued about the conference, TM, money, reputation, counselling, maybe knowing of other affairs, the lies etc. etc. it all, when combined, may have been enough to make him use force to shut her up and he overdid it because I feel he was so unhinged and merely gripping life (aka his public persona) by the finger tips. Allison may have threatened to expose him for example for what he is and in a fit of rage all of his frustration with everything, including pressure from TM has come out.

Thanks for posting this.
Personally, I don't believe for a second that GBC is actually suffering from sexual addiction or hyper sexual disorder. I see his current 'actions' as an attempt to garner sympathy, and to try and minimise (if not reverse) the impact that his rancid behaviour (prior to Allisons murder) had on his image, and on the public perception of him.

All MOO.

Elspeth
08-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks for posting this.
Personally, I don't believe for a second that GBC is actually suffering from sexual addiction or hyper sexual disorder. I see his current 'actions' as an attempt to garner sympathy, and to try and minimise (if not reverse) the impact that his rancid behaviour (prior to Allisons murder) had on his image, and on the public perception of him.

All MOO.

Is it definitely accurate he is displaying this behavior ?...IMO if it was true and he was using it in an attempt to garner some kind of sympathy for his previous actions would that not jeopardize any future contact or custody(if he was released) he would wish to have with his girls ...

squizzey1
08-06-2012, 08:13 PM
To be fair squizzey, I have knocked along side many Zimbabweans re-making their way in Australia, and it is a financial stretch to get resettled. Also the accent (which GBC seems to have retained the hint of) does come across as gay to the ears of an average Aussie kid ...

i wasnt putting crap on them. just meaning to say that their whole attitude seems as though it could be one big facade

Keentoknow
08-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Is it definitely accurate he is displaying this behavior ?...IMO if it was true and he was using it in an attempt to garner some kind of sympathy for his previous actions would that not jeopardize any future contact or custody(if he was released) he would wish to have with his girls ...

If he was displaying this behavior in prison he would have been charged immediately.

The law in prison is no different to your local shopping centre. Exposing himself while masturbating in public is a criminal offense. It is NOT tolerated by anyone in prison be it an officer or anyone else. I believe the above not to be true.

Why would an officer go and tell you this without charging him????????

Opinionsgalore
08-06-2012, 08:27 PM

The information about GBC's behaviour is contained on the last paragraph
Hi Onlyone,

My posts have been in response to the final paragraph - how accurate this information is, is of course open to speculation, I personally believe that the poster has given information based on their belief that it is accurate :D

All MOO.

LauraMars
08-06-2012, 08:44 PM
I think there are a few reasons why the forum is much quieter.

I can't see how one can or should even have to provide a link for every 'what if'. I think MOOing should be considered enough. If someone says for example, "My friend works at the prison and said GBC does this or that", then I think that's perfectly acceptable. People are free to take it or leave it, IMO.

If most of the discussion about this case has to go to the chatroom, then again, what's the point of this main thread?

MOO

Rational
08-06-2012, 08:46 PM

I can't see how one can or should even have to provide a link for every 'what if'. I think MOOing should be considered enough. If someone says for example, "My friend works at the prison and said GBC does this or that", then I think that's perfectly acceptable.

If most of the discussion about this case has to go to the chatroom, then again, what's the point of this main thread?

MOO
At the moment, and unless the case goes before the courts, not much apart from going over the to date known facts to see if there is a new angle.

LauraMars
08-06-2012, 08:58 PM
I think it's a bit of a grey area. For example, we have all wondered and speculated how Allison was killed. Was she strangled, suffocated, drowned etc? None of us know, so we can't provide links or really substantiate any of those maybes, but it should still be OK to discuss, IMO.

Keentoknow
08-06-2012, 09:06 PM

I can't see how one can or should even have to provide a link for every 'what if'. I think MOOing should be considered enough. If someone says for example, "My friend works at the prison and said GBC does this or that", then I think that's perfectly acceptable. People are free to take it or leave it, IMO.

MOO

Yes they may be free to say this and that but it is not correct to say that he is committing criminal offences while in there without being charged ect.

I have 22 years prison service and I for one can tell you that this behavior is not excepted in any form, at any time, by anyone.

LauraMars
08-06-2012, 09:12 PM
If he was displaying this behavior in prison he would have been charged immediately.

The law in prison is no different to your local shopping centre. Exposing himself while masturbating in public is a criminal offense. It is NOT tolerated by anyone in prison be it an officer or anyone else. I believe the above not to be true.

This is interesting Keentoknow, and something I've never really thought about before. I understand you have experience in the prison system, so can I ask a question please?

One hears of a lot of dodgy behaviour that goes on inside prisons, such as violence and drug taking. Is it true that this type of thing happens, and if so is it generally dealt with according to the law? Or do you think some prison officers just turn a blind eye to it?

LauraMars
08-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Yes they may be free to say this and that but it is not correct to say that he is committing criminal offences while in there without being charged ect.

I have 22 years prison service and I for one can tell you that this behavior is not excepted in any form, at any time, by anyone.

Oh OK thanks KTK, interesting, and you've just answered my question. Cheers :)

Keentoknow
08-06-2012, 09:19 PM
This is interesting Keentoknow, and something I've never really thought about before. I understand you have experience in the prison system, so can I ask a question please?

One hears of a lot of dodgy behaviour that goes on inside prisons, such as violence and drug taking. Is it true that this type of thing happens, and if so is it generally dealt with according to the law? Or do you think some prison officers just turn a blind eye to it?

If found turning a blind eye you are sacked. You also get a VERY long sentence when found guilty.
The prison is laden with cameras and an officer will soon get found out as Master Control moniters these cameras 24 hours a day.
Should an officer do this eg drugs he is placing many other officers lives at risk. We also have Internal Affairs Branch that investigate officers and prisoners.

Prison is a very volitile place.

possumheart
08-06-2012, 09:21 PM

I really appreciate you clearing that up K2K.

LauraMars
08-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Ditto Possum, thank you Keentoknow :)

It must be a fascinating, if not stressful workplace.

Keentoknow
08-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Ditto Possum, thank you Keentoknow :)

It must be a fascinating, if not stressful workplace.

You do see too much for the human mind to comprehend at times, but follow the guidelines, and take nothing in or out of the prison and the job is excellent.

The prisoners have weeks to organize a problem and officers have seconds to fix it.

A large percentage of prisoners themselves do not like disturbances. If you upset one in there you upset them all, so man management skills are a must.

Opinionsgalore
08-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks K2K, it's always great to get first hand knowledge :D

All MOO.

enthralled
08-06-2012, 10:10 PM

Thank you Keentoknow. It is good to hear from someone who has experience in the prison system.

I thought gbc was in protected area and doesnt that mean that they spend a lot of time in their own cell. Is masturbation not allowed in the privacy of one's cell?

Keentoknow
08-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Thank you Keentoknow. It is good to hear from someone who has experience in the prison system.

I thought gbc was in protected area and doesnt that mean that they spend a lot of time in their own cell. Is masturbation not allowed in the privacy of one's cell?

Like your home . Do what you like in privacy. Do not expose yourself like inferences made here earlier.

He is not in a cell on his own all day. He will be in a unit with up to 24 or more other protection prisoners.

marlywings
08-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Guys it's all starting to go off topic again...please stick to the topic.

There's no evidence to date which mentions GBC has any type of mental disorder, so please stay off that as well.

enthralled
08-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Like your home . Do what you like in privacy. Do not expose yourself like inferences made here earlier.

He is not in a cell on his own all day. He will be in a unit with up to 24 or more other protection prisoners.

Thank you for your response, really appreciated. For some reason the site wouldnt accept me just pressing the thank icon.

enthralled
08-06-2012, 10:53 PM
IMO I am not going to think along the lines of gbc having some diagnosable mental illness. I am seeing him as a guy who is just full of himself and maybe thinks he is a bit of a stud, possibly prone to a bit of domestic violence (maybe physical and mental) and just took his anger too far and isnt man enough to fess up.

Please keep in mind I have never met the guy or any of those associated with this whole sad story. It is just my opinion from what I have gathered from this site.

One thing that really "gets up my nose" is the fact that his denial is just dragging more and more people into the mix e.g. family, friends providing financial assistance, past work colleagues.

marlywings
08-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Guys any further questions re topics/moderation please go to this thread & ask questions...

Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: mods don't always read all the posts...if you feel a post should be removed please use the alert button

enthralled
08-07-2012, 12:19 AM
On a positive note, it was so nice to hear of the money raised at the golf yesterday and also money raised previously to help Allison's family with the care of the girls.

It is very touching and humbling to see that despite finances being tight for many Australian families that people have still been able to dig deep and contribute.

Very inspiring and great show of "Aussie Spirit"

enthralled
08-07-2012, 12:21 AM
On a positive note, it was so nice to hear of the money raised at the golf yesterday and also money raised previously to help Allison's family with the care of the girls.

It is very touching and humbling to see that despite finances being tight for many Australian families that people have still been able to dig deep and contribute.

Very inspiring and great show of "Aussie Spirit"

Oops also forgot to include any others from other countries who may have contributed. Your donations are greatly appreciated.

pulpfiction
08-07-2012, 03:27 AM

You know these old pearls of wisdom:

1. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree
2. A mechanics car always runs badly
3. An accountant is great with everybody's money except their own.

Hehehe

minni
08-07-2012, 03:46 AM

i think having a finance background or education in this case just hasn't been enough!! You only have to go and investigate ASIC to see the tangled mess of attempted business ventures made by the family, to see that they really didn't have much success.... like father, like son? you learn a lot more growing up, than you do at uni!!

pulpfiction
08-07-2012, 03:46 AM

I have to agree with K2K having worked with numerous offenders in the psychological capacity. GBC may well be in a protected cell but as k2k says there are laws and rules he must abide by. He is on surveillance camera constantly that part of the prison. Perhaps it is best to say this. In my experience most of the incarcerated masturbate. Some inmates do have sexual issues but these are often managed by medication and therapy.

I feel reasonably confident saying that if GBC was engaging in this sort of behavior it would be dealt with swiftly from multiple angles. Like many prisoners he would receive medical and psychological treatment where appropriate. I think the exposing himself part etc might be related to the camera surveillance in that part of the prison as he's protected. However, I find it a leap to think he's been actively and publicly exposing himself - to who? Guards? I think that very unlikely and wouldn't go beyond the first incident.

My understanding is that he apparently keeps to himself a lot. He, like many, has lost weight and I believe this was reported also in the CM. I don't believe GBC would put himself at such risk engaging in that behaviour. As a psych I can tell you that would only complicate his pending matter and put him at great risk within the prison pop. If he was indeed suffering psychologically and doing that without being fully cognizant then I think he would be moved to medical. I also think that as GBC maintains his innocence he would be unlikely to use that behaviour as an angle for any reason at all. I feel strongly his legal team would jump on it immediately also.

K2K is quite right about prisons. If they misbehave there are further consequences guards will impose. GBC would be even more stupid if he was to have anything other than a perfect prison record.

Not saying the poster is inaccurate in their statement at all. Just saying what my ideas are. Each to their own:)

I think people have dropped off as we just go in circles frantically seeking answers. It's like a never ending cluedo game!

enthralled
08-07-2012, 04:16 AM
Keentoknow is there a time limit to how long a prisoner can be in protective custody, does it cost more to run this part of the jail and what criteria does a prisoner have to meet to be eligible for protective custody?

Bayside
08-07-2012, 04:48 AM
You know these old pearls of wisdom:

1. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree
2. A mechanics car always runs badly
3. An accountant is great with everybody's money except their own.

Hehehe

Hey as an accountant I resent that remark LOL.

Anyway what about adding Ö

4. Psychiatrists are crazier than their patients lolol.

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 04:57 AM
Keentoknow is there a time limit to how long a prisoner can be in protective custody, does it cost more to run this part of the jail and what criteria does a prisoner have to meet to be eligible for protective custody?

http://www.correctiveservices.qld.gov.au/Resources/Procedures/Offender_Management/documents/ofmproprotection.shtml

Queensland Corrective Services has a duty of care to provide a safe environment for all prisoners.

A prisoner may only be approved for protection following a dynamic risk/needs assessment and it is determined the prisoner cannot be effectively managed within the mainstream prisoner population. Consideration must be given to the risk the prisoner may present to existing protection prisoners..

It is the responsibility of all corrective services staff to take appropriate action to ensure the safety of all prisoners.

The general manager or nominee of a corrective services facility has the authority to approve and to withdraw protection status.

Centre sentence management staff are to ensure a prisoner's Offender File and IOMS are updated with relevant information relating to the prisoners protection status.

prisoner may be assessed as being at risk from others and require protection as a result of, but not limited to-

appearing as a court witness offering assistance to the Crown;
being a human source by giving, or offering to give, information to law enforcement or correctional authorities;
the nature of the offence (eg. a prisoner who has committed an offence, which is likely to make him or her the target of aggression from others);
personal or psychological characteristics (eg. a prisoner who exhibits physical, emotional, psychological or intellectual characteristics, which are likely to make him or her the target of aggression or intimidation from others); or
cultural issues (eg. a prisoner who is assessed as being at risk of harm due to cross cultural, religious or particular tribal issues);
prior protection status; or
public profile of prisoner. (ie media interest

minni
08-07-2012, 05:05 AM
http://www.correctiveservices.qld.gov.au/Resources/Procedures/Offender_Management/documents/ofmproprotection.shtml

Queensland Corrective Services has a duty of care to provide a safe environment for all prisoners.

A prisoner may only be approved for protection following a dynamic risk/needs assessment and it is determined the prisoner cannot be effectively managed within the mainstream prisoner population. Consideration must be given to the risk the prisoner may present to existing protection prisoners..

It is the responsibility of all corrective services staff to take appropriate action to ensure the safety of all prisoners.

The general manager or nominee of a corrective services facility has the authority to approve and to withdraw protection status.

Centre sentence management staff are to ensure a prisoner's Offender File and IOMS are updated with relevant information relating to the prisoners protection status.

prisoner may be assessed as being at risk from others and require protection as a result of, but not limited to-

being a human source by giving, or offering to give, information to law enforcement or correctional authorities;
the nature of the offence (eg. a prisoner who has committed an offence, which is likely to make him or her the target of aggression from others);
personal or psychological characteristics (eg. a prisoner who exhibits physical, emotional, psychological or intellectual characteristics, which are likely to make him or her the target of aggression or intimidation from others); or
cultural issues (eg. a prisoner who is assessed as being at risk of harm due to cross cultural, religious or particular tribal issues);

Thanks Keen, which of these, in your professional opinion, is keeping him in protective custody?

OR (less likely, maybe):
personal or psychological characteristics (eg. a prisoner who exhibits physical, emotional, psychological or intellectual characteristics, which are likely to make him or her the target of aggression or intimidation from others);

would it be only the nature of the offence? I would imagine that personal characteristics would take time to develop and be known to fellow inmates, even though we have heard he is emotionally stressed and not coping? I would think a lot of new prisoners feel the same way?

Or a different one altogether??

minni
08-07-2012, 05:08 AM

posted the same comment twice by accident!

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Thanks Keen, which of these, in your professional opinion, is keeping him in protective custody?

OR (less likely, maybe):
personal or psychological characteristics (eg. a prisoner who exhibits physical, emotional, psychological or intellectual characteristics, which are likely to make him or her the target of aggression or intimidation from others);

would it be only the nature of the offence? I would imagine that personal characteristics would take time to develop and be known to fellow inmates, even though we have heard he is emotionally stressed and not coping? I would think a lot of new prisoners feel the same way?

Or a different one altogether??

Several.

1.Nature of offence.the nature of the offence (eg. a prisoner who has committed an offence, which is likely to make him or her the target of aggression from others);

2. Public profile prisoner.

minni
08-07-2012, 05:14 AM
Several.

Nature of offence. Public profile prisoner.

is it constantly reviewed? is it indefinite? can he manipulate this? most importantly, is the conditions better in this type of custody?

Sorry even more important question....can a prisoner requiring protection use this in their defense in any way?

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 05:27 AM
is it constantly reviewed? is it indefinite? can he manipulate this? most importantly, is the conditions better in this type of custody?

Sorry even more important question....can a prisoner requiring protection use this in their defense in any way?

His days of manipulating are over. He is now in a system run by rules and procedures.
For his own sake re defence he will be better off to keep his nose clean and not disrupt the system. His behaviour is recorded.

minni
08-07-2012, 05:33 AM
His days of manipulating are over. He is now in a system run by rules and procedures.
For his own sake re defence he will be better off to keep his nose clean and not disrupt the system. His behaviour is recorded.

haha...well thankyou Keen....spoken like a true corrections officer. I feel a wonderful confidence and satisfaction to her you say that.

enthralled
08-07-2012, 05:44 AM
Several.

1.Nature of offence.the nature of the offence (eg. a prisoner who has committed an offence, which is likely to make him or her the target of aggression from others);

2. Public profile prisoner.

Thank you very much for that. I wouldnt want to be the person signing someone out of protective custody into mainstream as I imagine at times it could not go as planned and the outcome in extreme case - death. Sounds like you guys need eyes in the back of yr head to be able to make spot on reports so that a review or application for/or against protection can be made accurately.
Must admit I was surprised that one of the reasons you thought gbc would be in protective custody was the nature of the crime being as it is alleged he murdered an adult. I thought the reason would have been his emotional state putting him at risk of aggression etc. So is wife killer an unacceptable crime in jail. I do understand the high profile though.

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Thank you very much for that. I wouldnt want to be the person signing someone out of protective custody into mainstream as I imagine at times it could not go as planned and the outcome in extreme case - death. Sounds like you guys need eyes in the back of yr head to be able to make spot on reports so that a review or application for/or against protection can be made accurately.
Must admit I was surprised that one of the reasons you thought gbc would be in protective custody was the nature of the crime being as it is alleged he murdered an adult. I thought the reason would have been his emotional state putting him at risk of aggression etc. So is wife killer an unacceptable crime in jail. I do understand the high profile though.

Prisoners look down on offenders that offend on women, and leave the children motherless. Big time.

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 05:51 AM

When I worked at Long Bay Prison there was a prisoner named Holden. He signed himself off protection and was killed in the MTC.

http://www.icac.nsw.gov.au/dmdocuments/pub2_27ia1.pdf

enthralled
08-07-2012, 05:55 AM
Prisoners look down on offenders that offend on women, and leave the children motherless. Big time.

Well if he is found guilty that is comforting to know. He will be at the bottom of the pile and having to watch his back. No more mr big for him.
Was Carl Williams in protective custody at the time of his death? If so I hope gbc is aware of that lol

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Well if he is found guilty that is comforting to know. He will be at the bottom of the pile and having to watch his back. No more mr big for him.
Was Carl Williams in protective custody at the time of his death? If so I hope gbc is aware of that lol

Carl Williams was on protection and he buddied up with Johnson....Johnson befriended him for 6 months before he killed him.

Just as I say prisoners have months to organize something and officers have seconds to fix it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/true-crime-scene/true-crime-scene-profiles-matthew-charles-johnson-the-man-who-killed-carl-williams/story-fnat7jnn-1226389586040

bellgirl
08-07-2012, 06:08 AM

Thank you so much for all the info on the prison scene KTK. I'm learning an incredible amount from your posts - they are giving me a much clearer picture of what life is like for GBC 'inside'.

It is also interesting to note that the other prisoners and we (the general public) have similar ethics when it comes to offenders that murder women and leave children motherless! Wow!

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Thank you so much for all the info on the prison scene KTK. I'm learning an incredible amount from your posts - they are giving me a much clearer picture of what life is like for GBC 'inside'.

It is also interesting to note that the other prisoners and we (the general public) have similar ethics when it comes to offenders that murder women and leave children motherless! Wow!

You are welcome to ask any questions within the boundries.

enthralled
08-07-2012, 06:21 AM
When I worked at Long Bay Prison there was a prisoner named Holden. He signed himself off protection and was killed in the MTC.

http://www.icac.nsw.gov.au/dmdocuments/pub2_27ia1.pdf

Wow someone's life may have been considered worth a cheap brand radio.
Thank you for this link. I plan on reading more of it tomorrow. I was surprised when prisoner said he was stoned at the time. Definitely doesn't fit outline of prison lol

enthralled
08-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Thank you for this link. I plan on reading more of it tomorrow. I was surprised when prisoner said he was stoned at the time. Definitely doesn't fit outline of prison lol

In this link they use the term rock spider and state what it means. Next he calls the guys who murdered Holden "dogs". Does "dogs" have a special meaning in prison?

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 06:28 AM

Off Topic
He had been caught with grass. I was there that day. He was on lock down and when the officers placed him in the cell they did not give him any matches.
He was holding his cigarette in the little hole in his door asking for a light from prisoners that were passing, and was killed from there with an iron bar taken from a bed.

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 06:34 AM
In this link they use the term rock spider and state what it means. Next he calls the guys who murdered Holden "dogs". Does "dogs" have a special meaning in prison?

A dog is someone who gives information about someone else to police.
A rock spider is a child molester.

enthralled
08-07-2012, 06:43 AM
A dog is someone who gives information about someone else to police.
A rock spider is a child molester.

Thank you. Love having you here. As Bellgirl stated "learning so much about the life gbc could be exposed to now. Please Don't go too far away from your computer. Lol

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Thank you. Love having you here. As Bellgirl stated "learning so much about the life gbc could be exposed to now. Please Don't go too far away from your computer. Lol

Gerard is not in for a walk in the park.

LauraMars
08-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Keentoknow, another question sorry...

One hears a fair bit about sexual assault between prisoners - is this common?

And if not assault, if it's consensual sex, is that allowed in prison?

Apologies if you or others find this an offensive question.

AAAA
08-07-2012, 06:56 AM

I was also under the same understanding. I thought that every prisoner was as bad as the last except for pedophiles?

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Keentoknow, another question sorry...

One hears a fair bit about sexual assault between prisoners - is this common?

And if not assault, if it's consensual sex, is that allowed in prison.

Apologies if you or others find this an offensive question.

It is not exceptable in any shape or form. Difference being if the prisoner consented there are no charges laid.

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 07:09 AM
I was also under the same understanding. I thought that every prisoner was as bad as the last except for pedophiles?

Prisoners have their own pecking order.

enthralled
08-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Prisoners have their own pecking order.

Can you give us a rough idea what that pecking order is?
I am guessing rock spider - paedophile is on the bottom ?

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 07:23 AM
Can you give us a rough idea what that pecking order is?
I am guessing rock spider - paedophile is on the bottom ?

The best fighter is the top bloke lol:floorlaugh:

Woodstock
08-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks Ktk for the link to the Holden report.

I learn something new every day, unless I'm careful. After reading only about 20 pages of the Holden report my poor simple mind is already thoroughly boggled! What comes through loud and clear from what Iíve read so far is that being under protection is, as you say, no walk in the park compared with mainstream prison life. It must be challenging (to say the least) for a delicate flower like GBC. I canít imagine heíd have the street smarts to flourish in that environment.

Keentoknow
08-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Thanks Ktk for the link to the Holden report.

I learn something new every day, unless I'm careful. After reading only about 20 pages of the Holden report my poor simple mind is already thoroughly boggled! What comes through loud and clear from what Iíve read so far is that being under protection is, as you say, no walk in the park compared with mainstream prison life. It must be challenging (to say the least) for a delicate flower like GBC. I canít imagine heíd have the street smarts to flourish in that environment.

It is a good read. That is exactly as it is. Ron Woodham NSW Commissioner retired yesterday.

summer_breeze
08-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Please do not discuss rumors. Although SOME rumors turn out to be true in the end, there are also those that are just that 'rumor,' and tend to derail the threads. Until there's a 'link' to verify a circumstance, we ask you do NOT post rumors.

If locals wish to be verified (as local residents with insider information), then we would be able to discuss, unless the information might jeopardize the investigation or case.

Bump!

I know that the thread is slow, due to no new information or activity in the case. It happens in all cases like Allison's, where there is great public interest. And it is also when the threads tend to go "off course" in all these cases.

If you have a question, please use your alert button or PM a moderator. We will be happy to review and respond! Please do not question moderator decisions on the open thread.

pulpfiction
08-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Hey as an accountant I resent that remark LOL.

Anyway what about adding Ö

4. Psychiatrists are crazier than their patients lolol.

That's gold:)

I tell everyone I'm just a red wine drinking nut job. And yep, psych attracts many 'interesting' types shall we say

summer_breeze
08-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Closing this thread. Please move to the new thread below:

Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community