PDA

View Full Version : Child Raping Priest - Paul Stanley Trial

Casshew
01-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Is anyone following this? what an absolute SOB this animal is...

~~~~~

Prosecutors told jurors Tuesday that disgraced priest Paul Shanley repeatedly raped a 6-year-old boy at church 20 years ago and now that boy is a man who won't keep it secret any longer

Story here (http://www.courttv.com/trials/shanley/012505_ctv.html)

Case in Pictures Here (http://www.courttv.com/trials/shanley/photogallery/index.html)

Letter to Rome by the ArchBishop Re: Stanley (http://www.courttv.com/trials/shanley/docs/cardinalletter.html)

golfmom
01-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Cass, I'm watching the defense attorney cross exam the victim right now. This is making me absolutely sick.

Casshew
01-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Oh! I just got home... what is the defense lawyer up to? :razz:

golfmom
01-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Cass, he's just been hammering the poor guy. What I wonder is, is this a preview of how the boy in the mj case is going to be questioned. I know mj's legal team have made no secret that they intend to destroy the accuser.

concernedperson
02-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Just heard verdict is coming in 10 minutes. Will be read in open court per Nancy Grace on CTV.

Jeana (DP)
02-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Keep us posted please!!! fingers crossed!!

concernedperson
02-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Shanley is guilty per the jury...Yes, sweet justice!!

Jeana (DP)
02-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Shanley is guilty per the jury...Yes, sweet justice!!

Ye-Haw!!!! Thanks for posting!!!

concernedperson
02-07-2005, 05:30 PM
From ajc.com. You may have to register to read.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Church_Abuse_Shanley.html

englishleigh
02-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Thank Goodness. I wonder if he will go the way of Father John Geoghan in prison?

Jeana (DP)
02-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Thank Goodness. I wonder if he will go the way of Father John Geoghan in prison?

We can only hope. I think there's an empty place in hell waiting just for him.

concernedperson
02-07-2005, 05:59 PM
We can only hope. I think there's an empty place in hell waiting just for him.

Oh, I so agree. Anyone who is suppose to be a role model and lead a congregation and then turn around and prey on them does have a special place in hell. That goes for all child molesters...the tragedy follows the victims for the rest of their lives.

LinasK
02-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Justice for more sexual abuse victims!!!:clap:

Take notice Michael Jackson!!!

concernedperson
02-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Justice for more sexual abuse victims!!!:clap:

Take notice Michael Jackson!!!

Heh! Heh! I think his day is coming as well.

Sniffy38
02-07-2005, 07:45 PM
I've been following this case as well. There was no doubt in my mind that this so-called priest was guilty and caused horrible devastation. We need some changes in our laws though.

1. Prior misdeeds need to be allowed at current trial. It shows a definite propensity to repeat.

2. Defendant should be required to take the stand and testify in their own case.

I was happy that it was allowed in this case that the Diocese had already paid this accuser $500,000.00. Therefore, his motive was not money.

His sentencing is set for next Tuesday. The prosecution asked that his bail be revoked, the Judge agreed, and ordered that he be taken into immediate custody. The priest made a hasty retreat into another room to avoid being seen getting handcuffed. Sweet Justice!

LinasK
02-07-2005, 08:34 PM
I've been following this case as well. There was no doubt in my mind that this so-called priest was guilty and caused horrible devastation. We need some changes in our laws though.

1. Prior misdeeds need to be allowed at current trial. It shows a definite propensity to repeat.

2. Defendant should be required to take the stand and testify in their own case.

I was happy that it was allowed in this case that the Diocese had already paid this accuser $500,000.00. Therefore, his motive was not money.

His sentencing is set for next Tuesday. The prosecution asked that his bail be revoked, the Judge agreed, and ordered that he be taken into immediate custody. The priest made a hasty retreat into another room to avoid being seen getting handcuffed. Sweet Justice!
I have to agree with you about the prior misdeeds/criminal history, but requiring a defendant to testify? You just know they will lie under oath... OJ thought he could charm the jury, but his defense team wouldn't allow him to testify because they knew he would lose his temper up on the witness stand.