PDA

View Full Version : CA CA - Neal King, 25, Oroville, 26 March 2013 - Missing after bus mtg

SurfieTX
04-01-2013, 11:14 AM
CHICO — Family, friends and a longtime live-in girlfriend have not seen Neal King, 25, of Chico, since Tuesday when he reportedly attended a business meeting at an Oroville residence.
After meeting at a home in the 4000 block of Hildale Avenue at 11 a.m., King reportedly was not heard from again and left his vehicle at the residence, which was later towed, said Juliana King, his sister, of Texas.

After missing for four days, his live-in girlfriend of five years, Jenny, became worried and reported him missing to Chico Police Department on Friday, King said.

~~~

Police are hesitant to discuss personal details and names of people involved in the business meeting due to the nature of the case, and will be moving the
case to county jurisdiction, said Officer Terry Tupper of the Chico Police Department.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/california/ci_22913977/missing-chico-man-last-seen-east-oroville

Missing poster also featured here on Facebook Chico media: https://www.facebook.com/ChicoER

SurfieTX
04-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Another Facebook page for him: https://www.facebook.com/groups/515035768554957/

findDylan
04-01-2013, 11:18 AM
I hope they find him. It doesn't sound good though. Why would a live in girlfriend wait 4 days to report him Missing?

Sporky
04-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Police are hesitant to discuss personal details and names of people involved in the business meeting due to the nature of the case, and will be moving the
case to county jurisdiction, said Officer Terry Tupper of the Chico Police Department.

Well now I want to know more!

Kavya01
04-01-2013, 11:25 AM
She waits FOUR days?

But perhaps she was out of town and for some reason thought he was fine and at home.....
I really would like to hear why she waited four days.

editted to add: a business meeting at a residence sounds hinky right there, to me....

Sporky
04-01-2013, 11:29 AM
She waits FOUR days?

But perhaps she was out of town and for some reason thought he was fine and at home.....

editted to add: a business meeting at a residence sounds hinky right there, to me....

BBM: me too. And if he has a phone what kind if activity has it had.

ttcRider
04-01-2013, 11:44 AM
She waits FOUR days?

Tupperware Convention? :fence:

SurfieTX
04-01-2013, 11:47 AM
This is another page set up by his sister: https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing

LotusPawprint
04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
After meeting at a home in the 4000 block of Hildale Avenue at 11 a.m., King reportedly was not heard from again and left his vehicle at the residence, which was later towed.
(Map showing general area of 4000 block of Hildale area)

Not too many homes in the area.

<mod snip>

Is this better or is it still blowing the margins?

NM, deleted it .

Wolf Dreamer
04-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Weird if something happened to him there that the vehicle was left there. Who towed it? Did the residents report it abandoned? It doesn't sound good and sounds downright bizarre.

SurfieTX
04-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Weird if something happened to him there that the vehicle was left there. Who towed it? Did the residents report it abandoned? It doesn't sound good and sounds downright bizarre.

I was wondering that same thing, Wolf. Who towed the car? I seem to recall in other cases that California has a parking patrol or some such thing that tags and tows cars that are parked for a prolonged period on residential streets? Maybe a local can chime in on that.

(I'm kind of getting a Gavin Smith vibe here....)

Coldpizza
04-01-2013, 01:52 PM
I found the g/f FB and she is devastated. Weird that there doesn't seem to be a fb for him. Her friends list isn't set to private and he certainly would be on there unless he recently deleted it? I hope he wasn't going through some sort of depression recently

Coldpizza
04-01-2013, 01:58 PM
The map keeps blowing the margins, can you shorten the link please?

nothingnew
04-01-2013, 02:02 PM
It sounds like he was already dressed for hiking, maybe he went exploring. Oddest part is waiting three days to report him as missing.

LotusPawprint
04-01-2013, 02:05 PM
I found the g/f FB and she is devastated. Weird that there doesn't seem to be a fb for him. Her friends list isn't set to private and he certainly would be on there unless he recently deleted it? I hope he wasn't going through some sort of depression recently

I couldn't find a page for him through his sister or mom's FB either.

On his girlfriend's page she commented to someone that he told her he was going to see a friend at 10:30am that day and she hasn't heard from him since she found his car where he said he was going to be.

I'm not sure if there's anything to the discrepancy between that and the news report that he was going to a business meeting and his car being towed from that location.

There is clearly an issue with the following:

Hopefully the personal details and names of people involved are classified for some reason other than some potential involvement in his disappearance.

LotusPawprint
04-01-2013, 02:06 PM
The map keeps blowing the margins, can you shorten the link please?

I deleted it

lillygator
04-01-2013, 02:22 PM
very strange, I too, wonder about waiting for so long to report him missing...was that normal behavior for him to go off for a couple days?

Kavya01
04-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Reads in the article that they always did everything together, Neal and the GF, and never went for more than a day without speaking, he's never gone on vacation without her, or visited family without her even, according to Neal's family, in the article linked in first post.

Then why would she not ring the alarm after 24 hours..... Strange.

LWoods
04-01-2013, 04:42 PM
My "hinky" meter is going off.

Eileen730
04-01-2013, 08:16 PM
I wonder if he was seeing someone else?
But the family is choosing to say Business meeting.
And LE is hesitant t discuss who was at the meeting.
It took 4 days to report him missing.
JMO

shana
04-01-2013, 08:25 PM
I was wondering that same thing, Wolf. Who towed the car? I seem to recall in other cases that California has a parking patrol or some such thing that tags and tows cars that are parked for a prolonged period on residential streets? Maybe a local can chime in on that.

(I'm kind of getting a Gavin Smith vibe here....)

Thanks for starting this thread, Surfie! May I suggest a modification to its title? Chicoresident almost sounds like an aka for this MP. A space between Chico and resident would fix it. :-)

Abandoned cars are indeed removed from streets in CA (and without too long a wait). Without going thru the long list of relevant cites, I refer to the DMV Vehicle Code which applies:

Chapter 10. Removal of Parked and Abandoned Vehicles (http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd11c10a1.htm)

hth/jmo

ETA: Thank you for 'fixing' the thread title! :-)

shana
04-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Tupperware Convention? :fence:

Ha! Mention of the surname Tupper in the OP article was not lost by me either. <g>

It is indeed mysterious that the nature of the business meeting apparently cannot be disclosed at this point in time.

~jmo~

cluciano63
04-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Somehow this reminds me of Stephen K. from Utah; didn't he vanish from a subdivision?

Knox
04-01-2013, 08:40 PM
This story makes no sense as Neal's sister tells it.

If the girlfriend and Neal are inseparable, why in heaven's name would she wait four days to report him missing? Not that it matters in relation to finding him or a crime of violence being perpetrated against him, but are we talking about a drug deal that went bad?

shana
04-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Somehow this reminds me of Stephen K. from Utah; didn't he vanish from a subdivision?

I believe that Steven Koecher had a business appointment in the subdivision/area?

Thread #21 for him here:

NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

~jmo~

shana
04-01-2013, 08:58 PM
This story makes no sense as Neal's sister tells it.

If the girlfriend and Neal are inseparable, why in heaven's name would she wait four days to report him missing? Not that it matters in relation to finding him or a crime of violence being perpetrated against him, but are we talking about a drug deal that went bad?

Yes, something is clearly amiss here; and until LE releases more info, we are left to flounder. Too many possibilities are suggested without being able to discern which could be probabilities.

Altho I doubt the cases are related, I could not help but notice the similar attributes of another young man who has been missing since February from the Sonoma/Santa Rosa area.

Jason Kyles (http://www.cortjones.org/jason-kyles/)

and

CA CA - Jason Kyles - 34 years old - Oakmont/Sacramento - 1-Feb-2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

~jmo~

Canadianmom2three
04-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Just from reading around fb on the gf's profile, it seems she may have went away and came back on the 21st??! JMO

Cuoco7
04-01-2013, 10:52 PM
This does not look like an area in which a car would be towed.

radiator
04-02-2013, 12:09 AM
This does not look like an area in which a car would be towed.

I totally agree. it looks fairly rural and the houses seem set pretty far back. I'd assume he would pull up into the driveway of whatever residence he was visiting but then again this whole "business meeting" thing sounds really odd to me.

here's a link to the google map if anybody wants to "walk" around the area:

http://goo.gl/maps/1KlC0

pharmchick
04-02-2013, 11:37 AM
So weird. Definitely does remind me of Steven Koecher...

His poor GF. I thought it was hinky she didn't report him missing for 4 days, but then I found her FB. She sounds totally devastated.... I don't think I'm allowed to link, but to paraphrase/note some observations:

She was out of town visiting family/friends and got back on the 21st, but on the 30th she says he's been missing 4 days.... so I'm assuming that means she saw him between the 21st and the 26th
He apparently told her he was going to see a friend at 1030 on the 26th, which is different than the reported story about a business meeting
She says she is the one who found the car in the place he was supposed to be
She says that she has checked his phone and credit card records, and there is no activity since the 26th
I get the impression that they aren't into anything "sketchy"... Go to church together, very into hiking and fitness... I'd be very surprised if the "business meeting" he was going to was anything illegal... although impressions can be very wrong sometimes...

JMO and all that...

Knox
04-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Can someone give me a hint as to how to find the GF's page? I have not found a trace of an online presence for Neal, anyone else?

Nothing new ...
http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_22921130/few-new-details-case-missing-chico-man

pharmchick
04-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Can someone give me a hint as to how to find the GF's page? I have not found a trace of an online presence for Neal, anyone else?

Nothing new ...
http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_22921130/few-new-details-case-missing-chico-man

She's a member of one of the Find Neal King pages -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/515035768554957/

If you look through the member list - her profile pic is of her and Neal. Initials are JT. (Hope that's ok to post here?)

I can't find an online presence for Neal either. It seemed like some of his family was using the GF's FB to communicate with him informally at times. He's not tagged in any of her photos or on her friends list, so I have to assume he's either got super maximum FB security settings on, or else just doesn't have an account.

pharmchick
04-02-2013, 03:44 PM
There is clearly an issue with the following:

Hopefully the personal details and names of people involved are classified for some reason other than some potential involvement in his disappearance.

Respectfully snipped... Due to the "nature of the case"? What kinds of friends/business associates was he hanging out with? This is troubling to me. Does anyone know what the purpose of moving the case from a local to a county jurisdiction would be?

I thought this site was pretty useful for getting a lay of the neighborhood where his car was found and who lives there....

http://www.spokeo.com/Hildale+Ave+Oroville+CA+addresses#

He apparently wasn't secretive about where he was going, as his GF found the car where she expected him to be. So what happened? The Chico ER stated in the comments under a FB post that they can't go into details without compromising the case, but stated that it was a business meeting at a private home. I can't find anything anywhere about what Neal did for a living... They must be keeping this info back for a reason? Whatever kind of business he was involved in, it was appropriate to wear casual wear - a casual shirt, jeans and hiking shoes.

I'm also on the fence about the 4 days to report him missing. First I thought it seemed weird, then I retracted after seeing the GFs FB, but now I'm thinking weird again... From all accounts, they did everything together, and checked in daily if they weren't going to be in the same place. Did she not report it for 4 days, or did they not let her file a report for 4 days?

LivingJuicy
04-02-2013, 03:50 PM
On Neal's mother's FB page, it seems that her posts IMO sound like Neal left on his own - mabye I'm just interpreting them wrong though..

pharmchick
04-02-2013, 04:13 PM
On Neal's mother's FB page, it seems that her posts IMO sound like Neal left on his own - mabye I'm just interpreting them wrong though..

I didn't get that impression at first, but I went back to look again..

Her status from yesterday could be interpreted that way, and one of the quotes she has posted from yesterday about being lonely or in darkness... Was he depressed?

Total speculation, but maybe that was why there was a delay in reporting him missing... Maybe having a hard time and asked the GF for some space?

I feel so bad for the GF... It appears she had a close family member pass away recently, and now her partner is missing. I hope they find him soon!

Someone else has posted under one of the news sites photos of Neal that there's a "dope dealer" (he said it a lot less nicely) on the 4000 block of Hilldale. Maybe not such a quiet residential neighborhood afterall?

https://www.facebook.com/OrovilleMR (See the comments under the picture posted Sunday.)

TxLady2
04-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Respectfully snipped... Due to the "nature of the case"? What kinds of friends/business associates was he hanging out with? This is troubling to me. Does anyone know what the purpose of moving the case from a local to a county jurisdiction would be?

snipped

If the city's police force is kind of small, then it makes sense to turn it over to a county jurisdiction because they have more manpower and in some places, more extensive training and equipment.
Or the house where the business meeting took place was not within city limits, perhaps. That's all I can come up with right now.

LivingJuicy
04-02-2013, 05:00 PM

Her status from yesterday could be interpreted that way, and one of the quotes she has posted from yesterday about being lonely or in darkness... Was he depressed?

Total speculation, but maybe that was why there was a delay in reporting him missing... Maybe having a hard time and asked the GF for some space?

I feel so bad for the GF... It appears she had a close family member pass away recently, and now her partner is missing. I hope they find him soon!

Someone else has posted under one of the news sites photos of Neal that there's a "dope dealer" (he said it a lot less nicely) on the 4000 block of Hilldale. Maybe not such a quiet residential neighborhood afterall?

https://www.facebook.com/OrovilleMR (See the comments under the picture posted Sunday.)

Agreed. It could mean he was depressed or it could be nothing more than assumptions or naiveness. I saw the drug comment too - I hope that's not the case.

On Neal's gf's page, someone does refrence smoking a blunt. Hey, I think everyone's been there done that but for some, the people associated could be bad news.

LWoods
04-02-2013, 06:39 PM
I hope he's just taking time to think, but there just seems like something is missing from what we know. I get that not everything can be released for a variety of reasons, but darn it I want to know more!

Cuoco7
04-02-2013, 11:33 PM

Unfortunately when I heard about his disappearance and then heard "business meeting" tied with oroville, that's what came to mind. I went to college up in Chico and have some in laws that live up that way and share the local news. I'd have to assume the likelihood of this likely being the business meeting. MOO. If that makes sense. Of course this occurs everywhere, but really very, very common in these hippy-type areas.

Kavya01
04-02-2013, 11:42 PM
So now he has been out of contact how many days? Maybe Websleuths has made me a pessimist, but I dread the outcome. There are too many puzzle pieces missing or plain upside-down... And the pic shows him as a gentle type... I mean in the sense of, he doesn't strike me as a tough survivor macho guy who'd brawl himself out of a bad situation if he found himself in such... :(

MOO

Kavya01
04-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Still no news.... Just getting this sinking feeling that he vanished into thin air....
strength and courage to all who miss him :(

Cagle
04-04-2013, 12:30 PM
http://www.chicoer.com/ci_22945776/detectives-still-pursuing-leads-case-missing-chico-man

The Butte County Sheriff's Office said detectives were working on leads, but it's too early in the investigation to reveal details at risk of jeopardizing the case.

King was reported missing to Chico police by his live-in girlfriend at 4:31 p.m. Friday.

I guess I missed that she was a live-in girlfriend...that makes it even weirder that it took her 4 days to report him.

Wolf Dreamer
04-04-2013, 04:47 PM

From what I can find, the recent passing was the result of a possible accidental overdose. Perhaps it affected Neal badly.

With so little information it's hard to know if they're looking for a live person or a body :(

Teche
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Where is Neal? There is nothing posted on the FB Find Missing Nk page.

Kavya01
04-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Hope you are safe somewhere, Neal.

Cuoco7
04-06-2013, 02:40 AM
http://www.khsltv.com/content/localnews/story/Search-Warrants-Served-in-Case-of-Missing-Chico/7MVHRviIcUyzdlgPnj04Ng.cspx

Not a lot of info, but looks like search warrants were served.

Knox
04-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Wish we knew more about those warrants.

Grower
04-06-2013, 01:10 PM
http://www.khsltv.com/content/localnews/story/Search-Warrants-Served-in-Case-of-Missing-Chico/7MVHRviIcUyzdlgPnj04Ng.cspx

Not a lot of info, but looks like search warrants were served.

Maybe at the house of the "business meeting." Elk Grove is a beautiful area by the way. I enjoy anytime I can pass by that way. I have had a couple of business meetings in Oroville, nice area as well. Very rural.

Knox
04-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Maybe at the house of the "business meeting." Elk Grove is a beautiful area by the way. I enjoy anytime I can pass by that way. I have had a couple of business meetings in Oroville, nice area as well. Very rural.

I did some work years ago in Chico. Passed through Oroville on the way and loved it (partial to areas with agriculture), nice little farming community.

What line of work is Neal in, do we know?

Grower
04-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I did some work years ago in Chico. Passed through Oroville on the way and loved it (partial to areas with agriculture), nice little farming community.

What line of work is Neal in, do we know?
Seems no one has found any info on him yet. I would like to know if he has a computer. Did he have an email trail with the business hookup.
Btw, great steelhead fishing on the feather river.

Knox
04-06-2013, 01:39 PM
I spent some time the other day looking for an online presence for Neal. Found nothing, which I thought was odd for a young man his age, his girlfriend and other family members are online. Wonder if he uses another name?

Family seems to feel LE are working hard on Neal's case.
https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing

Grower
04-06-2013, 01:46 PM
I spent some time the other day looking for an online presence for Neal. Found nothing, which I thought was odd for a young man his age, his girlfriend and other family members are online. Wonder if he uses another name?

I have been looking also. Seems there are some adorable puppies in Oroville listed on Craigslist. Wander if that would be considered "business?"

Kavya01
04-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Bump for Neal.
I just cannot wrap my head around this. I wish we'd get more info. Where did you vanish to Neal?

mamacita
04-08-2013, 01:28 PM
according the posts by the family on the FB page, it sure sounds like LE have a good handle on this case. i hope they do & i hope a resolution is found soon. ill keep checking back in hopes for more progress to be released to the public!

Knox
04-08-2013, 05:51 PM
I have been looking also. Seems there are some adorable puppies in Oroville listed on Craigslist. Wander if that would be considered "business?"

Is it odd that no one on his missing facebook page or any of the media stories have said what line of business he is in? Usually by this time, the story will give some history on the missing person. I.E, Neal graduated from CSU Chico last year and was working at ...

I know absolutely nothing about Neal other than he liked to wear hiking boots.

cluciano63
04-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Where on earth would he have gone without his car? I do not think he is okay.

Knox
04-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Where on earth would he have gone without his car? I do not think he is okay.

Yes, and his car was towed?! Wouldn't the person/s he had the business meeting with, wonder why the heck his car was still out front days later? I don't recall seeing the reason it was towed, was it illegally parked?

Jersey*Girl
04-09-2013, 02:19 AM
According to the MissingNeilKing FB page, he was last seen wearing this outfit:

https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/3628_325740300881441_1051621343_n.jpg?dl=1

https://m.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?refid=13

Jersey*Girl
04-09-2013, 02:20 AM
Business meeting wearing jeans & a long sleeve green tee?

Jersey*Girl
04-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Could he have been meeting a realtor?

Knox
04-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Business meeting wearing jeans & a long sleeve green tee?

California Casual, not odd at all http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

Knox
04-09-2013, 01:50 PM
According to a facebook comment the meeting was at 4080 Hildale.
http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Oroville/sold/1703522-4080-Hildale-Ave-Oroville-CA-95966

I looked that up on Butte County property records. It appears the house is probably a rental, tax bill is sent to an address in Paradise. OT; the address was immediately familiar to me. I had a Cuesta student working for me, forwarded his W-2 to an address on that street in Paradise. Small world ...

Knox
04-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Organization which Neal's family says they are now working with.

http://www.cortjones.org/
https://www.facebook.com/cortjonesproject

SeaEclipse
04-09-2013, 03:09 PM
A few things that are weird on this one:

1. If someone at the "business meeting" harmed him, wouldn't they have noticed/moved the car during the 4 days it was sitting there? After all, Neal must have had the keys to the car on him...

2. If someone at the meeting didn't harm him, surely they knew or wondered why he left his car there? Either way, why did they not report it during the 4 days it was sitting there?

3. As everyone else has said, while the GF seems genuinely distressed, why didn't she report him missing for 4 days if they lived together? Surely she realized he didn't come home? Was that normal for him? If not, was there something sketchy about the meeting that made her nervous to report it to LE? Was she expecting him to be gone for a few days for some reason? Did she tell his family he was missing during the 4 days even if she didn't tell LE?

4. If GF is the one who found the car, why would she have it towed? Wouldn't one naturally report it to / have it examined by LE?

Wolf Dreamer
04-09-2013, 03:43 PM
According to a facebook comment the meeting was at 4080 Hildale.
http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Oroville/sold/1703522-4080-Hildale-Ave-Oroville-CA-95966

I looked that up on Butte County property records. It appears the house is probably a rental, tax bill is sent to an address in Paradise. OT; the address was immediately familiar to me. I had a Cuesta student working for me, forwarded his W-2 to an address on that street in Paradise. Small world ...

There's a business located at that address; looking around based on that did give some indication as to why LE might not be saying much.

Knox
04-09-2013, 05:29 PM

What about something that used to be illegal, but can now be legally obtained with a medical license? Not saying this is the case, but it could explain some of the lack of forthcoming info in this case.

orangesandapples
04-09-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm sorry if this has been said, but maybe the GF "waited" 4 days to report him missing because she was met with resistance from LE. Sometimes when adults, particularly significant others, go missing people are more likely to chalk it up to "wait a few days, they are taking some time off". I would be interested to know if she spoke with someone who told her to wait, or spoke with LE who told her to wait.

swanniee11
04-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Orangeandapples- I have thought that as well. I think she may have tried to report him missing and didn't get very far,IMO. Also, I worked in the car business, I have had meetings wearing jeans etc, very laid back kind of thing. He also could have been going into some kind of partnership with someone where they would work at home so it wouldn't be very formal ( like computers etc). Anyway, the outfit doesn't throw me off either. I was also thinking that since it was lunch time, maybe they went to a restaurant for lunch ( or bar kind of place) he had a few, the person he met with could have left 1st, thinking that NK could have gotten a ride and left his vehicle there to get later. Sooo many possibilities. Does anyone know if there is a bar or something like that near this building? This is ALL MOO, and I have nothing to base any of this on, just throwing it out there.

Strangeworld
04-09-2013, 07:24 PM
There's a business located at that address; looking around based on that did give some indication as to why LE might not be saying much.

I found a tree trimming/removal service at this address? Am I missing something?

I'm really amazed there isn't more information being released on the investigation.

Knox
04-09-2013, 07:42 PM
I found a tree trimming/removal service at this address? Am I missing something?

I'm really amazed there isn't more information being released on the investigation.

Sharing what was shared with me. This may be the owner of the tree trimming business? NOT saying it is related to Neal's disappearance.

Gee, if someone shoots out your car window cause they got splashed, wonder what happens when something of a more serious nature occurs? Odd story, thinking there may be more to it than just getting a little wet ...

http://www.khsltv.com/content/localnews/story/Man-Shot-at-After-Splashing-Parked-Car/L8MGaH8PUEaSf1yvgGN_Jw.cspx

mamacita
04-09-2013, 08:40 PM
hmm... i wonder if there was a 3rd party involved in this "meeting" and NK left with that individual in that person's car? maybe the person that lives there saw them leave together and assumed maybe NK's car was having problems and that's why it was left there for a while?

maybe NK and another person (if there is one) left the house to go catch some lunch, etc & got into trouble elsewhere?

Knox
04-10-2013, 01:10 PM
OROVILLE, Calif. - Investigators suspect foul play in the disappearance of a Chico man. Neal Forrest King, 24, was reported to the Chico Police Department as a missing person by his girlfriend.

The reporting party indicated that Neal King was last seen at 4001 Hildale Avenue, Oroville meeting a person there for a business transaction involving marijuana. Neal King has not been seen or heard from since March 26, 2013 in the early afternoon hours.

The Butte County Sheriff's Office took jurisdiction in this case based on the location where Neal King was last seen and other information discovered early on in the investigation.

Butte County Sheriff's detectives have been actively investigating this case and have served multiple search warrants in Butte County. Based on information gathered, it is believed that foul play is involved with Neal King's disappearance. (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=456721967741505&id=104824539597918&ref=notif&notif_t=notify_me)

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/Foul-Play-Suspected-in-Disappearance-of-Chico-Man/-/14322302/19694838/-/ogjtpwz/-/index.html

cluciano63
04-10-2013, 01:16 PM
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=456721967741505&id=104824539597918&ref=notif&notif_t=notify_me

Oh dear...not good news.

Knox
04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Neal King is believed to have been in the Berry Creek area of Butte County when he was last seen alive. Neal was described as wearing blue jeans, a light green thermal long sleeve shirt and brown hiking boots.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/Foul-Play-Suspected-in-Disappearance-of-Chico-Man/-/14322302/19694838/-/ogjtpwz/-/index.html

Knox
04-10-2013, 01:27 PM
http://assr.parcelquest.com/PQGov/StdDetail.aspx?s=1677894&mach=1,&srch=12663803&p=1

Berry Hill Area
http://goo.gl/maps/4kfMN

deca
04-10-2013, 01:37 PM
So I am guessing that "Berry Creek" area might be some sort of uh, farm?

Knox
04-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Neal Forrest King was reported missing on March 29 by his girlfriend. According to a Butte County Sheriffs press release, the 24-year-old was last seen at 4001 Hildale Ave in Oroville on March 26. The press release stated King was meeting a person there for a business transaction involving marijuana. King has not been seen or heard from since.

http://www.knvn.com/content/localnews/story/Foul-Play-Suspected-in-Disappearance-of-Neal-King/RRi0-7NrWUm-qeegFKWh7Q.cspx

Knox
04-10-2013, 01:48 PM
So I am guessing that "Berry Creek" area might be some sort of uh, farm?

Probably a safe assumption, so sorry for Neal's family. This doesn't sound good.

Wolf Dreamer
04-10-2013, 02:04 PM

Think about the equipment a business like that has, that they do forestry work etc.

I find it hard to believe they'd leave the car there if anyone at the property was involved, though.

ETA - just caught up on the rest of the thread - MSM are giving a different address to the one mentioned previously so it's likely not relevant anyway.

LWoods
04-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Oh, well, now I can see why they didn't want to release info on the nature of the transaction earlier.

Knox
04-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Keep in mind this may have been a legal business he was trying to put together. Thinking about the "collective grower" angle? I know next to nothing about the legalities of medical marijuana, just putting this out there for discussion.

http://canorml.org/prop/collectivetips.html

http://www.canorml.org/medical-marijuana/patients-guide-to-california-law

LWoods
04-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Oh, I agree, Knox. I just meant from the standpoint of outsider judgment, etc.

m_brown
04-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Probably a safe assumption, so sorry for Neal's family. This doesn't sound good.

I've been wanting to pipe in with the perspective of a local - Berry Creek is very rural and like many of the small towns east of Chico and Oroville - marijuana grows are very very common. You can hop on Google-earth and it won't take you but a few seconds to find a house in the country with neat little rows in the backyard (you will likely see a fence around it too).

In fact, when they first released the relative location of where Neal was last known to be (4000 block of Hildale) the first thing I did was go on and look around and immediately noticed 4001 Hildale with a small grow in the fenced backyard. The property at 4001 is owned by construction company from Minnesota (most likely a rental?). IMO - He was possibly setting up some sort of deal or partnership with the people living/growing there. If he agreed to travel out to the boonies of Berry Creek/Feather Falls with strangers involved with that kind of stuff - makes me sick to my stomach.

It also makes much more sense now as to why GF didn't report him missing for a few days - either she was expecting him to be gone a day or two (this is probably common when people travel to go start the gardens for summer grows) or she was worried about getting him in trouble with LE.

However - multiple articles have stated that she saw his car still at 4001 before she reported him missing. That location in Oroville is approx. 30 mins from Chico so it wasn't just a casual sighting of his car by chance - IMO she went to check on his whereabouts.

of course - no expert. But I have had so many questions about this - and still do.

Wolf Dreamer
04-10-2013, 06:47 PM
welcome m_brown and thank you very much for your perspective!

cluciano63
04-10-2013, 06:59 PM
If the people he visited did harm him, it seems like they would have used his car key and driven the car elsewhere and abandoned it. Unless for some reason they could not find the key, but that does not seem likely. It seems really stupid if they harmed him, and then just left his car there like a big red flag.

southsleuth
04-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Kind of weird from my old-age perspective, that someone would vanish/get killed over some weed. But, I will have to add that my boss's Grandson was murdered here a couple of years ago. Actually, it wasn't the weed that was responsible but the murderer was a schizophrenic who went nuts. Sometimes, your friend isn't your friend. Does that make sense?

Knox
04-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I've been wanting to pipe in with the perspective of a local - Berry Creek is very rural and like many of the small towns east of Chico and Oroville - marijuana grows are very very common. You can hop on Google-earth and it won't take you but a few seconds to find a house in the country with neat little rows in the backyard (you will likely see a fence around it too).

In fact, when they first released the relative location of where Neal was last known to be (4000 block of Hildale) the first thing I did was go on and look around and immediately noticed 4001 Hildale with a small grow in the fenced backyard. The property at 4001 is owned by construction company from Minnesota (most likely a rental?). IMO - He was possibly setting up some sort of deal or partnership with the people living/growing there. If he agreed to travel out to the boonies of Berry Creek/Feather Falls with strangers involved with that kind of stuff - makes me sick to my stomach.

It also makes much more sense now as to why GF didn't report him missing for a few days - either she was expecting him to be gone a day or two (this is probably common when people travel to go start the gardens for summer grows) or she was worried about getting him in trouble with LE.

However - multiple articles have stated that she saw his car still at 4001 before she reported him missing. That location in Oroville is approx. 30 mins from Chico so it wasn't just a casual sighting of his car by chance - IMO she went to check on his whereabouts.

of course - no expert. But I have had so many questions about this - and still do.

Welcome, love it when a local come to join us :seeya:

Are the grow operations you state are visible on Google, legal? Easy pickins for the DEA if not.

BBM-Are they known to be dangerous? What benefit would there be to meeting with someone (potential client), taking them out to your grow area, doing away with them, yet leaving their car parked near their house? Surely Neal would not have brought a large amount of cash with him, had he not known the people? Plus his girlfriend likely knew who he was meeting with and could point the finger at them. Attracting a bunch of attention from LE, when a missing person is last known to be meeting with you, does not make much sense to me. Thought drug dealers were smarter than that.

marycarney
04-10-2013, 08:39 PM
]Kind of weird from my old-age perspective, that someone would vanish/get killed over some weed.[/B] But, I will have to add that my boss's Grandson was murdered here a couple of years ago. Actually, it wasn't the weed that was responsible but the murderer was a schizophrenic who went nuts. Sometimes, your friend isn't your friend. Does that make sense?

BBM: People get killed over weed all the time- watch the next marathon of The First 48. It's horrifying what kind of trivial crap people will kill over.........

Cuoco7
04-10-2013, 11:22 PM
I had mentioned earlier upline about the area being notorious for this because we have family and i attended college up there. I happened to be sitting here with my husband so i asked if he was familiar with berry creek. I didn't mention anything but he jumped right on it saying that berry creek area is a smaller tight knit community known for their growing. Just another perspective from someone that doesn't know the story perspective. If that makes sense.

Knox
04-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Butte County investigators say King was last seen at 4001 Hildale Avenue in Oroville.

Neighbors said they call it "the pot house" because the overwhelming scent of marijuana permeates the area during the grow season.

King was also trying to purchase 12 acres of land with a Las Vegas man.

King's mother is working with detectives on new leads. She said they are making progress.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/Missing-Man-Neil-King-Last-Seen-at-Site-of-Drug-Deal/-/14322302/19703442/-/q06s9m/-/index.html

Knox
04-10-2013, 11:27 PM
So maybe Neal left with the guy from Vegas? That would make sense, as the people at the house where his car was left would have no knowledge of where he was or what happened to him.

Kavya01
04-10-2013, 11:50 PM
So maybe Neal left with the guy from Vegas? That would make sense, as the people at the house where his car was left would have no knowledge of where he was or what happened to him.

A good possibility in my book as well, Knox! :tyou:

mamacita
04-10-2013, 11:58 PM

could also explain why the GF waited to call LE... maybe they were planning to take care of a bunch of details over the course of a few days. im holding out hope that LE has some good info & are working on a POI.

Grower
04-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Pot farms are scattered throughout central and northern California. The State says you can get a medical card and grow up to 99 plants sometimes, depending on the doctor. People will pay you up to a thousand dollars to get your own card thus increasing the yields. If the Feds want to, they will bust you. Swat team machetes, the whole bit. The Feds trump the States law.There is a ton of money involved and has become very dangerous.

By the way ... I am not that kind of grower lol.

m_brown
04-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Welcome, love it when a local come to join us :seeya:

Are the grow operations you state are visible on Google, legal? Easy pickins for the DEA if not.

BBM-Are they known to be dangerous? What benefit would there be to meeting with someone (potential client), taking them out to your grow area, doing away with them, yet leaving their car parked near their house? Surely Neal would not have brought a large amount of cash with him, had he not known the people? Plus his girlfriend likely knew who he was meeting with and could point the finger at them. Attracting a bunch of attention from LE, when a missing person is last known to be meeting with you, does not make much sense to me. Thought drug dealers were smarter than that.

Yes, most are legal. They are just so prolific there is no way to really enforce Fed. laws.

His car being at 4001 is certainly mind boggling. It really gives credit to the idea that a third party must be involved and possibly the people at 4001 had nothing to do with his disappearance. The "man from vegas" from the KRCR article sounds like hearsay to me but certainly they must be looking at his computer activity prior to his disappearance?

Knox
04-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Pot farms are scattered throughout central and northern California. The State says you can get a medical card and grow up to 99 plants sometimes, depending on the doctor. People will pay you up to a thousand dollars to get your own card thus increasing the yields. If the Feds want to, they will bust you. Swat team machetes, the whole bit. The Feds trump the States law.There is a ton of money involved and has become very dangerous.

By the way ... I am not that kind of grower lol.

Good, because I kind of wondered about that http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif :floorlaugh:

We have a County ordinance which allows brick and mortar dispensaries, but the BOS consistently rejects the applications. It seems the interpretation of the law is very contentious among the various agencies (Fed, State & Local LE).

Knox
04-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Yes, most are legal. They are just so prolific there is no way to really enforce Fed. laws.

His car being at 4001 is certainly mind boggling. It really gives credit to the idea that a third party must be involved and possibly the people at 4001 had nothing to do with his disappearance. The "man from vegas" from the KRCR article sounds like hearsay to me but certainly they must be looking at his computer activity prior to his disappearance?

We have some updated information regarding Neal's case. His last known location is believed to be the Berry Creek or Feather Falls area of California.

Previously, we only knew that around 11am the day of the 26th of March he was at 4001 Hildale Avenue discussing a piece of property he was selling. This is where he left his car, which has since been taken away.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKingFrom the missing facebook page. This say Neal was selling a piece of property. The other article made it sound like he was buying property with the guy from Vegas.

Knox
04-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Snips-

Loved ones last heard from him on March 26. According to the Chico Police Department media log, King phoned his live-in girlfriend that morning and told her that he was on his way to a “business meeting” at a friend’s house on the 4000 block of Hildale Avenue in Oroville. Honea would not disclose whose home it was, or who else may have been there.

King’s girlfriend did not hear from him for three days after he went to Oroville, according to the incident report. She said she tried calling him, but to no avail, and eventually drove to the Oroville friend’s rural home, where she saw King’s black 2002 Ford Explorer parked.

However, the missing man’s friend reportedly told her that King had never arrived at the house. The girlfriend found that King had no activity on his cell phone or his credit cards during those three preceding days, and reported him missing to Chico police. His vehicle was still parked at the location when police arrived, and was eventually towed.

Honea said there are no suspects or persons of interest they can name at this point. “We do have a number of people we’ve interviewed who we hope will be able to shed light on what happened,” he said.

A new media release may be issued in the next few days based on a number of leads they are following up on, Honea said.

http://www.newsreview.com/chico/vanished-from-oroville/content?oid=9547944

Cagle
04-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Snips-

Loved ones last heard from him on March 26. According to the Chico Police Department media log, King phoned his live-in girlfriend that morning and told her that he was on his way to a “business meeting” at a friend’s house on the 4000 block of Hildale Avenue in Oroville. Honea would not disclose whose home it was, or who else may have been there.

King’s girlfriend did not hear from him for three days after he went to Oroville, according to the incident report. She said she tried calling him, but to no avail, and eventually drove to the Oroville friend’s rural home, where she saw King’s black 2002 Ford Explorer parked.

However, the missing man’s friend reportedly told her that King had never arrived at the house. The girlfriend found that King had no activity on his cell phone or his credit cards during those three preceding days, and reported him missing to Chico police. His vehicle was still parked at the location when police arrived, and was eventually towed.

Honea said there are no suspects or persons of interest they can name at this point. “We do have a number of people we’ve interviewed who we hope will be able to shed light on what happened,” he said.

A new media release may be issued in the next few days based on a number of leads they are following up on, Honea said.

If the people at that house were his "friends", they would know what he drove and be curious why his car was there but he wasn't. Even if they weren't really a "friend", I'd be curious about a vehicle parked in front of my house (ESPECIALLY FOR DAYS) that wasn't mine or someone in my family's.

WhitneyLea
04-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Hmmm, strange case. The news articles say the business meeting was a transaction involving marijuana, but the facebook page set up by his brother says it was a deal involving property. Wonder which it is? I guess it could sort of be both, if they're talking about property that's used for a grow operation. Or if there was a transaction involving marijuana, and also an unrelated discussion about buying/selling property. Still strange though.

The car is also confusing me ... I was sort of thinking that maybe he met some people at the house on Hildale, then drove off with another person in another car to go look at the property he was buying/selling, then something happened from there and he never made it back to his car. But now the friend is claiming he never arrived at the Hildale house, even though the car was outside?? That makes no sense to me. For that to be true, someone else would have to have driven Neal's car there. Otherwise the friend is lying or mistaken ... and again, why would he lie about that when the car is so obviously outside?? Unless there's some other possibility I'm not considering ... just trying to think this through ...

Knox
04-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Bumping for Neal.

Grower
04-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Bumping for Neal.

Bump. Any news?

Starry Night
04-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Drug dealing? Missing? Figure it out.
Drug dealers are a scourge and whatever happens to them should and is to be expected. Breaking the law and then calling in the law to help and protect them and theirs. That is distorted thinking.

Sorry but I don't think much of people who deal drugs and cause untold problems for law-abiding, hard working people. The reverberating effect is too devastating for me to feel much sympathy for the problems of a drug dealer. The drug trade wreaks havoc in many a community and family so as to cause death, destruction, and financial ruin. Not to mention near-despair and fear.

People make choices. I do feel sorry for this young man's mother and family. It is a terrible situation and my prayers are up for them. I do hope he is okay and that he gets a chance to amend his life.

ceecee30
04-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Drug dealers are a scourge and whatever happens to them should and is to be expected. Breaking the law and then calling in the law to help and protect them and theirs. That is distorted thinking.

Sorry but I don't think much of people who deal drugs and cause untold problems for law-abiding, hard working people. The reverberating effect is too devastating for me to feel much sympathy for the problems of a drug dealer. The drug trade wreaks havoc in many a community and family so as to cause death, destruction, and financial ruin. Not to mention near-despair and fear.

People make choices. I do feel sorry for this young man's mother and family. It is a terrible situation and my prayers are up for them. I do hope he is okay and that he gets a chance to amend his life.

I believe these are legal crops? From what I've read in the above posts.

Agree drug dealers a horrible with all the effects and drama they bring to society, but fact of the matter is a man is missing and regardless of his activity if he was my family I'd want him found.

If my brother went missing (he's a full blown herein addict and has been for 20 years) I'd still hope LE would try find him regardless of his habits.

Grower
04-12-2013, 11:48 PM

A young man is missing and we don't have all facts.

Starry Night
04-12-2013, 11:52 PM
CeeCee.....I do feel the same way about finding this young man. I guess what I am saying is that Neal's being in the 'business' makes LE's business even harder and more dangerous. Also his family.

Sad all the way around. May justice reign.

Knox
04-13-2013, 01:20 AM

Not saying some of your points are without merit ...

But here at WS we are victim-friendly, and IMVHO, a victim is a victim. They all deserve justice, no matter the cause and effect of the circumstances. I have a saying, "but for the grace of God, that could be me".

Knox
04-13-2013, 01:42 AM
Bump. Any news?

Nope http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

ceecee30
04-13-2013, 03:43 AM
CeeCee.....I do feel the same way about finding this young man. I guess what I am saying is that Neal's being in the 'business' makes LE's business even harder and more dangerous. Also his family.

Sad all the way around. May justice reign.

I hope I didn't come across snippy :) because I didn't mean too

I agree his line of business does come with alot of danger, legal or illegal crops its still a dangerous business to get into!

Yes I do hope that no danger comes to his family or the LE officers investigating his disappearance.

Starry Night
04-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Actually I think I am the one out of line here-and I deeply apologize. My comments were way over the top and thanks Knox for reminding me about WS being victim-friendly. This is not the place to soapbox in this situation.
Sorry if I offended-and Ceecee-thanks for caring so much. Awesome.

Let's just move forward and find Neal.

JoCoKSEyes
04-13-2013, 11:14 AM

We are talking about marijuana here, an agricultural product which has been cultivated in our nation's soil since its founding and by our founding fathers.

Knox
04-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Actually I think I am the one out of line here-and I deeply apologize. My comments were way over the top and thanks Knox for reminding me about WS being victim-friendly. This is not the place to soapbox in this situation.
Sorry if I offended-and Ceecee-thanks for caring so much. Awesome.

Let's just move forward and find Neal.

No worries, I sensed your heart was in the right place. As I said your points were not without merit. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Neal's Mom posted thanking everyone for their love and support. So many compassionate people posting, I hope it gives his family a measure of comfort to know so many others care about Neal.
https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?ref=ts&fref=ts

Grower
04-13-2013, 01:49 PM
We are talking about marijuana here, an agricultural product which has been cultivated in our nation's soil since its founding and by our founding fathers.

THANK YOU for this post.

Grower
04-13-2013, 01:58 PM
He could have had a good amount of money on him and someone knew that. That would be the likely motive to have harmed him in some way. Hopefully he just slipped off a hill and has a twisted ankle somewhere. It doesn't look good though. We had a good little rain storm blow through.

Have they gotten some dogs in there?

Grower
04-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Once again .. just to reiterate, I am not that kind of grower. I would have a bigger house :)

ceecee30
04-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Once again .. just to reiterate, I am not that kind of grower. I would have a bigger house :)

Not sure on the cost per pound there, but clearly it's better than oz! And all crops here are illegal :)

Think its 2.5k AUS per pound... I'd need a big crop to get a bigger house....Damn!!!

That being said, my partner and I bought a house that an outlaw bikie lived in and lets just say the shed was rigged and ready for growing, we can hang out with all the lights on in our shed and from the outside it looks dark... You have to be crafty to grow here :)

Kavya01
04-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Praying you are alive somewhere, Neal.

Grower
04-13-2013, 10:10 PM
http://m.orovillemr.com/oroville/db_32557/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=JjSfG29s
Women's body found in submerged car. One of 3 cars?
This is somewhat of a kickback area, surprised at all the happenings coming up on my Google searches.

Grower
04-13-2013, 10:30 PM
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/Teenage-Swimmers-Discover-Body-in-Stony-Creek/-/14322302/19740460/-/y2p1icz/-/index.html
Teenagers discover John Doe

Knox
04-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Hamilton City is 33 miles from Oroville. I sure hope not Grower!

Grower
04-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Hamilton City is 33 miles from Oroville. I sure hope not Grower!

Me too.

Grower
04-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Bumping for Neal.

sleuthingstrawberry
04-14-2013, 03:29 PM
I thought Stony Creek was West of Hamilton City?

Grower
04-14-2013, 04:10 PM
OOPS wrong map. My first time attaching. Let me see if I can fix it. Thanks Strawberry.

Knox
04-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Any news on an ID of the body found Friday?

radiator
04-15-2013, 01:28 AM
I was looking at the missing FB page for him again (https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing) and noticed that a couple of days ago they said that his last known location was believed to be the "Berry Creek or Feather Falls area of California" and not the residence where the business meeting took place.

Not sure what to make of that. Below is a link to a google map with those areas marked as well as the business meeting place and the general location of where the body was found.

http://goo.gl/maps/ihyNw

Cuoco7
04-15-2013, 07:54 AM
IMO it doesn't seen likely. Hamilton City is coming all the way down from a rural area through oroville through the main highway and then through Chico. Although it looks close on the map, driving it isn't quickly manueverable.

Knox
04-15-2013, 05:42 PM
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/Teenage-Swimmers-Discover-Body-in-Stony-Creek/-/14322302/19740460/-/y2p1icz/-/index.html
Teenagers discover John Doe

Not Neal!

The Glenn County Sheriff’s Office has identified the body found Friday in Stony Creek near Hamilton City as 37-year-old Michael Castillo Perea of Willows.

http://www.willows-journal.com/news/sheriff-10116-stony-county.html

Knox
04-15-2013, 05:44 PM
I was looking at the missing FB page for him again (https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing) and noticed that a couple of days ago they said that his last known location was believed to be the "Berry Creek or Feather Falls area of California" and not the residence where the business meeting took place.

Not sure what to make of that. Below is a link to a google map with those areas marked as well as the business meeting place and the general location of where the body was found.

It was said he was selling a piece of property to a man from Vegas. Read back for details.

Grower
04-16-2013, 02:30 PM

Good map. Thanks mine sucked took it down. Getting use to my android notepad.

Grower
04-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Not Neal!

The Glenn County Sheriff’s Office has identified the body found Friday in Stony Creek near Hamilton City as 37-year-old Michael Castillo Perea of Willows.

http://www.willows-journal.com/news/sheriff-10116-stony-county.html

I had no idea there was so much shenanigans going on in this area. Going to take my .38 next time I go fishing!

Knox
04-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Can't find any updates http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Grower
04-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Can't find any updates http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

I lost the facebook link. No updates there either? I think its suppose to be his sister.

Knox
04-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Most recent post just says it's been 3 weeks.

Knox
04-16-2013, 06:36 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/562448_331506363638168_743399671_n.jpg

Annie1004
04-16-2013, 07:03 PM
I had no idea there was so much shenanigans going on in this area. Going to take my .38 next time I go fishing!

Oh, yeah, that area up there has always been "iffy." High unemployment, poverty, crime, a lot of uninhabited land, among other things. I am sure there are some very nice areas, too, but as a Northern California native, those counties (Butte, Plumas,Yuba and others) have historically had their share of problems.

summer_breeze
04-17-2013, 06:11 AM
http://www.chicoer.com/ci_23042549/oroville-man-who-may-have-information-about-missing

By RYAN OLSON-Staff Writer
Posted: 04/17/2013 12:33:00 AM PDT

OROVILLE -- The search for Neal Forrest King, missing since March 26, has led to the arrest of an Oroville man who may have information about King's last known whereabouts.

Wcp31
04-17-2013, 06:42 AM
$59,000? Wow. That's some serious cash. If Neil was associating with people like this he might have been in over his head.

JoCoKSEyes
04-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Could the cash and gun be Neal's?

Knox
04-17-2013, 04:22 PM
They shared a missing flyer of Neal on their business facebook page on April 2nd...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amazon-Garden-Supply/141577595889038

Knox
04-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Bennett said the case appeared to be a standard cultivation case and any potential danger to the public was removed when the marijuana was seized. He said Donald Cheatham has cooperated with police in another matter, including providing a DNA swab.

The defense attorney also stressed Donald Cheatham's lack of criminal record and lifelong ties to the area, although he lived at the Hildale address for three years. Several people in the court also stood in support of the defendant.

Deputy district attorney David Garner said it wasn't a standard case and alleged there was evidence of a large-scale marijuana trafficking organization. The search reportedly yielded 120 pounds of marijuana in various stages of processing, $59,000 in cash and a stolen .38-caliber revolver.

Regarding the difference in bail amounts, Garner said Donald Cheatham alone faced the stolen weapon charge. He also noted the seriousness of the marijuana and money allegations.

Garner also said the defendants told officials they didn't know where the items came from.

Bennett refuted the claim, saying Donald Cheatham wasn't present during the search and didn't make such statements.

Judge Mosbarger declined the request for now and noted the bail was set at the current level because of the elements cited by Garner.

Bennett indicated he would file a motion to pursue the matter further.
Regarding Jennifer Cheatham, 38, her attorney Dustin Gordon presented a third party willing to post her bail bond premium as a gift.

The prosecution had sought to ensure any bail money was legitimately obtained. After the presentation of the gift, Garner said the prosecution had no further objections.

Mosbarger granted Jennifer Cheatham's bail, but imposed the conditions that the defendant refrain from possessing marijuana, drug paraphernalia or stolen property.

http://www.chicoer.com/ci_23042549/oroville-man-who-may-have-information-about-missing

Nothing about the man from Las Vegas, who Neal was supposedly meeting regarding selling property?

The Cheatham's, according to an earlier news story, said Neal never made to the business meeting at their home. Yet neither of their attorney's make this claim at the court hearing? That would def be something a reporter would include in the above story right?

Wolf Dreamer
04-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Nothing about the man from Las Vegas, who Neal was supposedly meeting regarding selling property?

The Cheatham's, according to an earlier news story, said Neal never made to the business meeting at their home. Yet neither of their attorney's make this claim at the court hearing? That would def be something a reporter would include in the above story right?

Was it their house his car was outside then?

Knox
04-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Was it their house his car was outside then?

Yes, it was.

Wolf Dreamer
04-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Yes, it was.

Riiiight so they're saying he disappeared between the car and their door. Not surprised that wasn't mentioned in court.

Knox
04-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Riiiight so they're saying he disappeared between the car and their door. Not surprised that wasn't mentioned in court.

Curious why they asked for Cheatham's DNA, was there something of interest in Neal's car that was towed? Or strictly for excluding him, should something be found in the future? Interesting ...

The $59k which was seized, is probably not a lot of money for someone who has 120lbs of marijuana for sale. Let's say one ounce is worth $150, that makes the seized amount worth $288k. That's not exactly chump change.
http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=Cannabis_prices_in_the_United_Stat es#California

The stolen gun is also interesting.

Grower
04-17-2013, 08:50 PM
They shared a missing flyer of Neal on their business facebook page on April 2nd...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amazon-Garden-Supply/141577595889038

Did you see that truckload of soil! Thats potting soil. A ton of it. He promotes indoor grow kits and hydroponics. No doubt his "nursery" is the go to point for grower supplies. There is a ton of money involved here. The "business" meeting could have included help setting up an indoor grow operation.

mamacita
04-17-2013, 10:57 PM
"King, 24, of Chico, has been missing since March 26 after he reportedly told his girlfriend he was going to a residence on the 4000 block of Hildale Avenue in Oroville for a business meeting. Investigators have previously said the meeting appeared to be centered around a transaction involving marijuana. Ramsey said the residence in question belonged to the Cheathams and the purported business meeting allegedly involved Donald Cheatham."

Cagle
04-18-2013, 10:29 AM
http://www.orovillemr.com/ci_23051072/family-missing-chico-man-offers-reward-information?source=most_viewed

The family of a missing Chico man is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for his disappearance, according to the Butte County Sheriff's Office in a press release Wednesday.

Neal Forrest King, 24, has been missing for more than three weeks.

King was reported missing by his girlfriend on March 29, three days after he allegedly attended a business meeting centered around a marijuana transaction at a residence in the 4000 block of Hildale Avenue in Oroville.

According to the Sheriff's Office, King is thought to have been last seen alive in the Berry Creek area, about 20 miles northeast of Oroville.

Several search warrants have been issued during the investigation into King's disappearance and two people were arrested after one of the warrants was served.

Donald and Jennifer Cheatham were charged in Butte County Superior Court on felony counts of cultivating marijuana and possessing it for sale. Donald Cheatham, 36, has also been charged with receiving stolen property — a revolver. On Tuesday, both defendants pleaded not guilty.

The residence in question in the King case belonged to the Cheathams, and the purported meeting allegedly involved Donald Cheatham, according to an article in this newspaper on Wednesday.

Undersheriff Kory Honea said detectives are looking into that connection.

On April 10, the BCSO reported that it thought foul play was involved in the
disappearance of King.

The Sheriff's Office knows King was at that location and that he has not been seen since, Honea told the Chico Enterprise-Record April 10. There is concern about King's well-being.

Knox
04-18-2013, 11:28 AM
As many of you have heard, the last person the police can prove Neal was with was placed under arrest and is currently in custody. Unfortunately, he has not cooperated in providing the information needed in finding further suspects in the disappearance of Neal.

As such, we are offering a reward of USD $20,000 to the person who provides information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for Neal’s disappearance. This money is enough for someone to start a new life. The police will handle the tips given to find Neal discreetly.

Please, if you are out there, come forward. Clear your conscience and give our family peace.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?fref=ts

Knox
04-19-2013, 01:50 AM
According to the warrant, Wysocki spoke with Von Bargen and Jennifer Cheatham at the Hildale residence on April 1. Von Bargen said he, King and another man named Richard Cho purchased a property near Oro-Quincy and Old Olive highways. He said he sold his share to Cho and King after he learned Richard Cheatham would be renting the property.

Von Bargen said he was concerned about Cheatham's business, Amazon Garden Supply, and its connection to marijuana cultivation.

Richard Cho voluntarily spoke with police April 2. He said he, King and Von Bargen had formed a company called Anything Green Inc. and purchased a property that was subsequently rented to Cheatham.

Cho further said he and King had bought several properties in Butte County to grow marijuana for shipment throughout the United States. They would also buy marijuana in California to sell at about double the purchase price elsewhere in the country.

The partnership between Cho and King reportedly became strained in the months prior to King's disappearance, according to accounts by King's brother and girlfriend. Under a grant of immunity, King's girlfriend told police King began entering marijuana agreements with Cheatham without Cho's knowledge. Cheatham allegedly told Cho about the arrangements after an argument with King in February over concerns he wouldn't pay for a marijuana delivery.

According to King's girlfriend, Cho became angry and accused King of stealing from him, leading to a day-long conversation on March 23. The following day, King drove Cho from Oroville to Sacramento, where Cho caught a flight to Texas.

When King's girlfriend sought Cho's help after King disappeared, Cho said he was no longer King's partner or friend.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_23057555/search-warrant-sheds-light-events-leading-chicoans-disappearance

This is oh so much bigger than I imagined. Much more at link ...

Knox
04-19-2013, 01:57 AM
The disappearance

On March 26, King was in the process of selling the Old Olive Highway property to Cheatham for 160 pounds of marijuana, according to King's girlfriend. After previously receiving half of the payment, King reportedly went to the Hildale address at 10:30 a.m. to finalize the transaction.

After speaking briefly with Cheatham, King returned to his girlfriend at a Forbestown Road property — where he was allegedly growing marijuana with Cho — before heading back alone to Cheatham's residence at 11 a.m.

It was the last time King's girlfriend saw or heard from him.

Later that evening, the girlfriend drove past the Hildale residence and saw the sport utility vehicle driven by King in the driveway. The vehicle was there the following morning when the girlfriend tried contacting Cheatham at the house.
She found Cheatham in a motor home in front of the house later on the morning of March 27. She was directed there by Von Bargen, who answered the door at the house.

Through the closed door, Cheatham allegedly told her he didn't give King any marijuana. He also asked if she was there to pick up the SUV, which was registered to Cho.

Later that night, Cheatham offered to tow the SUV to the Forbestown Road property after King's girlfriend said she was scared and wanted to call police. The vehicle was towed against her wishes.

King's girlfriend also reported that Cheatham wanted her to come to the Hildale residence by herself to discuss what she wanted to tell police.

King was reported missing by his girlfriend on March 29. A subsequent check of his cellphone records showed the last contact with the cell network was within an eight-mile radius of an area including Berry Creek and Feather Falls on the night of March 26.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_23057555/search-warrant-sheds-light-events-leading-chicoans-disappearance

cluciano63
04-19-2013, 01:58 AM
It all sounds very bad for Neal King. I would not be shocked if murder charges come soon.

Knox
04-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Kudo's to reporter Ryan Olson. This is the kind of investigative journalism I wish we had in so many other cases (for instance, Hailey Dunn).

mamacita
04-19-2013, 10:06 AM
HOLY MOLY!! this is just crazy talk! so the girlfriend was in the area when all of this went down. she must have been so scared... no wonder it took her a while to call police. but -- she's a smart one. i'm glad she's OK but i'm sad for her that it all had to go down like this. i've always thought NK was gone from the beginning. i hope murder charges come soon and that this Cheatham guy tells them where the body is. :(

mamacita
04-19-2013, 10:08 AM
"Cheatham surrendered April 4 after allegedly trying to give his pickup away to strangers in Shasta County." say wuttt?!?

LWoods
04-19-2013, 10:50 AM
So Neal was driving Cho's car? And Cheathem had it towed when the GF mentioned involving police. Wowza.

anbeaudre
04-19-2013, 12:21 PM
This is such a weird case. Hope the guy talks!

Knox
04-19-2013, 12:32 PM
There was an article in the Chico ER with new information, however, some of it is not accurate in some respects and Neal is not here to defend himself. Please keep Neal in your prayers that we find him soon and this is resolved.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?ref=ts&fref=ts

Knox
04-19-2013, 12:34 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/163552_334743433314461_2102096126_n.jpg

Knox
04-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Whatever his level of involvement, Neal did not deserve what I suspect happened to him. So sorry for his family.

Grower
04-20-2013, 12:07 AM
So what happened to growing for "medicinal" purposes? This whole money operation is ripe for greed and crime. Ticks me off.

ceecee30
04-20-2013, 05:56 AM
So what happened to growing for "medicinal" purposes? This whole money operation is ripe for greed and crime. Ticks me off.

I can't comment on medicinal growing as all marajuana growing is illegal in australia.

However I do believe legal growing or not, the drug trade is a very dangerous business and I think maybe Neal has gotten caught up in this.

I pray he is safe and he hasn't been hurt.

Having an extremely big interest in true crime (and an extensive library on killers, drug barons etc.) I've always thought that maybe if certain drugs were legalized then there wouldn't be so much violence... But then again that could just me having wishful thinking :)

Teche
04-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Where's Neal?

cluciano63
04-22-2013, 04:31 PM
I am afraid that if Neal was killed, he won't be easily found. Sounds like "professionals" in a way.

JoCoKSEyes
04-22-2013, 05:38 PM
I am afraid that if Neal was killed, he won't be easily found. Sounds like "professionals" in a way.

Is Cho a pro?

cluciano63
04-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Is Cho a pro?

Well, maybe not an amateur...all that cash, a stolen gun, etc...makes me think a person would have some idea how to hide a body if it became necessary, I guess.

ceecee30
04-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Is Cho a pro?

He may not be a pro, but in his line of work, I imagine there would be some shady connections and he would have a good idea how to protect himself/crops.

Again I'm not sure how the legal grows work, but here in oz, crop rip offs are rife.. Not so much in south australia (unless your silly because most of our drug trade is run by Bikies) however it does happen.

Is it possible that Neal may have been short changing the growers / or taking more than he was entitled too? That's enough here (australia) to warrant a pretty severe punishment, be it a bashing or just disappearing.

Knox
04-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Thinking of Neal and his family tonight.

Don't have time to go back and look at the news story for dates. But the guy who was arrested and the last to see Neal, tried to give his truck away in Shasta County. Maybe they can get his cell phone records and see where his phone was pinging, and search those areas for Neal.

Knox
04-23-2013, 02:21 PM
One month today http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Cuoco7
04-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Why hasn't there been an organized search in the known radius of the cell phone? The radius was mentioned previously in an article. Is the focus now Shasta due to the truck situation? Odd

Knox
04-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Missing: NEAL KING (https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?ref=stream&hc_location=stream)

We can all pray that Don Cheatham, who is in custody, and was the last person we know of to be with Neal, will tell the truth about where Neal is, that he will not be afraid of telling the truth. So far he has lied 3 times, told conflicting stories. We can collectively pray and put the intention that he reveals the truth.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?hc_location=stream

Knox
04-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Yesterday was Neal's 25th Birthday http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.336840796438058.1073741829.325738707548267&type=1

ktgirl
04-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Wow. Neal didn't deserve this.

Good for his girlfriend for going to the police...many would have been scared to do so given the circumstances & people involved.

Happy birthday, Neal. May you come home soon.

cluciano63
04-25-2013, 02:05 PM
I do not expect the truth if Neal has been murdered, especially if he is not found.

Seajay
04-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Just finished reading this thread. Poor Neal. I hope his family gets answers because from the sound of things and with what has come out about this case, he is no longer with us. He was dealing in a dangerous business with unsavory people and he wasn't shooting straight with them. Any time there is a double cross in the drug industry, there is usually a body left behind. Poor Neal. IMO, JMO, MOO.

southsleuth
04-27-2013, 10:33 AM
No more recent news?

Knox
04-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Missing: NEAL KING (https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline)

17 hours ago (https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing/posts/338183656303772) near McAllen, TX (https://www.facebook.com/pages/McAllen-Texas/106140609417649?ref=stream) via mobile (https://www.facebook.com/mobile/?v=173847642670370)we have over 17,000 people in the last week praying for Neal and our family, I believe in the power of prayer and I thank all of you for taking a moment to remember Neal and our family, I thank you, words cannot express how we blessed we feel at this outpouring of prayer and compassion.
https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?fref=ts
Nothing in the media, but someone posted on his missing page yesterday. I imagine LE is trying to get the arrested parties to tell what happened to Neal. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Grower
04-27-2013, 01:55 PM
I can't comment on medicinal growing as all marajuana growing is illegal in australia.

However I do believe legal growing or not, the drug trade is a very dangerous business and I think maybe Neal has gotten caught up in this.

I pray he is safe and he hasn't been hurt.

Having an extremely big interest in true crime (and an extensive library on killers, drug barons etc.) I've always thought that maybe if certain drugs were legalized then there wouldn't be so much violence... But then again that could just me having wishful thinking :)

Here in California, we won the right to grow for medicinal purposes through our vote. The Feds don't recognize our State law, thus all the raids etc. These folks who abuse this right by turning growing into a money making venture have brought into the senerio money, greed and violence. It really is ashame in the fight for rights.

This guy has a "nursery" that supplies soil and growing tools in order to set up large farms, not for medicinal purposes but for big dollar operations. They are finding ways to make easy money without having to find employment and work jobs and pay taxes like we all do.

I believe Niel got caught up in it and it may have cost him his life. I am all for the right to grow for your own use although I hope the Feds shut down his so called nursery. GREED ruins everything.

ceecee30
04-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Here in California, we won the right to grow for medicinal purposes through our vote. The Feds don't recognize our State law, thus all the raids etc. These folks who abuse this right by turning growing into a money making venture have brought into the senerio money, greed and violence. It really is ashame in the fight for rights.

This guy has a "nursery" that supplies soil and growing tools in order to set up large farms, not for medicinal purposes but for big dollar operations. They are finding ways to make easy money without having to find employment and work jobs and pay taxes like we all do.

I believe Niel got caught up in it and it may have cost him his life. I am all for the right to grow for your own use although I hope the Feds shut down his so called nursery. GREED ruins everything.

Thanks for the insight in CA growing legalities..

It's a shame, that the greed of some will ruin it for the rest (and the ones genuinely growing for medicinal uses)

I've always believed in my perfect world, if drugs were legalized and controlled by the government a lot of the unnecessary violence that comes along with the drug trade would vanish. There will always be that element that will try to ruin it for some, but it's my opinion that if the government controlled it, then it might clean up the drug trade a bit..

Aussies (that arent tied into the drug trade) know better than to rip off crops, as I've said if its illegal here, the the bikies run it.. And trust me those guys don't play around... Kill first, no talk later!

JoCoKSEyes
04-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Another thing worth noting in regards to legal grow operations in the US: by engaging in this trade, you are putting yourself in direct competition with some pretty bad dudes down in Mexico. Until marijuana is legalized and regulated at the federal level, this danger will be a factor. Especially in the southwest United States.

Grower
04-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Another thing worth noting in regards to legal grow operations in the US: by engaging in this trade, you are putting yourself in direct competition with some pretty bad dudes down in Mexico. Until marijuana is legalized and regulated at the federal level, this danger will be a factor. Especially in the southwest United States.

Point well made Jo. I am in California and I can say your correct about this. These "bad dudes in Mexico" are setting up grows here. You have to be careful when hiking in case you stumble upon one.

Grower
04-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the insight in CA growing legalities..

It's a shame, that the greed of some will ruin it for the rest (and the ones genuinely growing for medicinal uses)

I've always believed in my perfect world, if drugs were legalized and controlled by the government a lot of the unnecessary violence that comes along with the drug trade would vanish. There will always be that element that will try to ruin it for some, but it's my opinion that if the government controlled it, then it might clean up the drug trade a bit..

Aussies (that arent tied into the drug trade) know better than to rip off crops, as I've said if its illegal here, the the bikies run it.. And trust me those guys don't play around... Kill first, no talk later!

Your thoughts of legalizing are valid although some of us have no faith in our government and are confident they will screw it up. The government can't even properly run our mail system. Be assured the government will get their paws on it, they want the tax money so they have more to squander away. Beyonce concerts are a bit pricey!

Knox
04-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Missing: NEAL KING (https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline)

7 hours ago (https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing/posts/338937162895088) near Brownsville, TX (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brownsville-Texas/112154175463810?ref=stream) via mobile (https://www.facebook.com/mobile/?v=173847642670370)
The detectives on the case are actively working on leads and issued more search warrants, we are hoping to hear news this week on their progress, they are not able to tell us more because it could jeopardize their work. I bless all my friends and new friends for their prayers for Neal this morning in their services.

ceecee30
04-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Your thoughts of legalizing are valid although some of us have no faith in our government and are confident they will screw it up. The government can't even properly run our mail system. Be assured the government will get their paws on it, they want the tax money so they have more to squander away. Beyonce concerts are a bit pricey!

I agree, our government would also stuff it up, have you seen the red headed less than perfect lady running our country into the ground??

But hey I don't use drugs (my brothers battle with heroin addiction was a huge turn off for me) so they can tax away all they like!!

I would just like the drug trade to be a little less violent and less death and destruction from it.. That and I've always thought once something becomes legal, it's less of a temptation/thrill do maybe that would reduce the amount of addicts too...

Teche
04-29-2013, 03:40 PM
No news?

branwynbreeze
04-29-2013, 04:21 PM
I agree, our government would also stuff it up, have you seen the red headed less than perfect lady running our country into the ground??

But hey I don't use drugs (my brothers battle with heroin addiction was a huge turn off for me) so they can tax away all they like!!

I would just like the drug trade to be a little less violent and less death and destruction from it.. That and I've always thought once something becomes legal, it's less of a temptation/thrill do maybe that would reduce the amount of addicts too...

http://www.canorml.org/medical-marijuana/local-growing-limits-in-California

Chico county:
Chico
Chapter 19.77 of Chico municipal code allows outdoor, residential cultivation of 50 square feet per parcel, regardless of the number of patients. Plants must be enclosed, screened, and 5 feet from the property line. Indoor cultivation (under 50 square feet and 1200 watts) can take place only with a permit stating outdoor is not possible and the building owner approves. States all marijuana grown must be for personal use only.

BBM-personal use only. I guess if you sell it it's still for someone's personal use.

This case can has potential to really hurt the small growers who are following CA laws. From what I've read most do not want many changes. They fear with more options on growing the "mom and pop" growers would not be able to compete with more commercial operations. Violence is also a big problem that can affect their livelihood-a ban, ect.

disclaimer-I do not partake, just know some who do and CPAs who have to deal with tax laws.

southsleuth
04-29-2013, 04:49 PM
I don't smoke it either (I did way back in college, hell it was 1970, everybody did) and I live in the Bible Belt. IMO legalization and taxing it like liquor would be better all the way around. We have folks in jail for selling/using it and no room for heinous criminals. Of course the big time dealers are sleezy, but if it's federally regulated like booze the sleezy folks may fade away into obscurity. Prohibition of alcohol didn't go very well, KWIM?

LWoods
04-29-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm at work so I can't google (well, I could, but my employer probably wouldn't appreciate a google search about MJ laws) but I'm fairly certain the "personal use" clause is further defined in some places to include a number of plants (10, 20, something like that)

ceecee30
04-29-2013, 08:25 PM
http://www.canorml.org/medical-marijuana/local-growing-limits-in-California

Chico county:
Chico
Chapter 19.77 of Chico municipal code allows outdoor, residential cultivation of 50 square feet per parcel, regardless of the number of patients. Plants must be enclosed, screened, and 5 feet from the property line. Indoor cultivation (under 50 square feet and 1200 watts) can take place only with a permit stating outdoor is not possible and the building owner approves. States all marijuana grown must be for personal use only.

BBM-personal use only. I guess if you sell it it's still for someone's personal use.

This case can has potential to really hurt the small growers who are following CA laws. From what I've read most do not want many changes. They fear with more options on growing the "mom and pop" growers would not be able to compete with more commercial operations. Violence is also a big problem that can affect their livelihood-a ban, ect.

disclaimer-I do not partake, just know some who do and CPAs who have to deal with tax laws.

Thanks for the info!

CPA is certified practicing accountant right??

I'm a financial planner (ex, because of my beautiful little midgets) and I don't pity your CPA friends and tax laws... I had a few clients in my time that I had to move on because I value my ASIC number far too much!! Due to bikie laws that our now in our state (south Australia) we aren't allowed any plants for personal growth it used to be 1-3 plants but if the cops caught you they'd still fine you and take your stash, you just wouldn't get done for dealing.. Now if you have a plant... Your a drug dealer..

Cagle
05-01-2013, 10:32 AM
http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_23145039/hearing-continued-pair-facing-marijuana-charges-missing-man

Tuesday's preliminary hearing was postponed for a pair arrested on marijuana charges while officials were searching for a missing Chico man.
The hearing in Butte County Superior Court was continued after Donald Cheatham Jr.'s attorney, Roland Bennett of Rooney Law Firm, declared that his firm had a conflict, according to deputy district attorney David Garner.

When asked outside of court, Bennett declined to specify what the conflict was.

Knox
05-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Prior to Cheatham's arrest, the Rooney Law Firm represented the girlfriend of Neal Forrest King, a 24-year-old Chicoan who has been missing since March 26.

According to an April 10 search warrant filed as part of the search for King, attorney Michael Rooney and King's girlfriend met with Butte County sheriff's detectives on April 1. During that meeting, the girlfriend provided information in the King case under a grant of immunity.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_23145039/hearing-continued-pair-facing-marijuana-charges-missing-man
Am I missing something here? Of course there would be a conflict in representing Cheatham, after another member of the same firm also represented Neal's girlfriend. We have to wait until the hearing to declare this?

Knox
05-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Missing: NEAL KING (https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?ref=stream&hc_location=stream)

We would like to thank you all for all your loving support and prayers, we feel everyone of them and they lift us when we get discouraged and we rise up again. We will never give up, we want Neal home. Butte County Sheriff searched over 80 acres with K-9's and were unable to find Neal. We are planning in addition to the reward to rent a billboard and hire a detective. Blessings of love and light

the King Family

Grower
05-05-2013, 05:28 PM

We would like to thank you all for all your loving support and prayers, we feel everyone of them and they lift us when we get discouraged and we rise up again. We will never give up, we want Neal home. Butte County Sheriff searched over 80 acres with K-9's and were unable to find Neal. We are planning in addition to the reward to rent a billboard and hire a detective. Blessings of love and light

the King Family

Someone needs to start talking!

Portabella
05-05-2013, 06:51 PM
First remember this...
According to the warrant, Wysocki spoke with Von Bargen and Jennifer Cheatham at the Hildale residence on April 1. Von Bargen said he, King and another man named Richard Cho purchased a property near Oro-Quincy and Old Olive highways. He said he sold his share to Cho and King after he learned Richard Cheatham would be renting the property.
Von Bargen said he was concerned about Cheatham's business, Amazon Garden Supply, and its connection to marijuana cultivation.

first read this...
Regarding Jennifer Cheatham, 38, her attorney Dustin Gordon presented a third party willing to post her bail bond premium as a gift.

then read this...

Jennifer Cheatham posted $80,000 bail, thanks in part to a gift from Carl Von Bargen. A man with an identical name was a business partner of King's and a third man, and was also reportedly present at the Cheathams' Hildale property in the days following King's disappearance.

Now look at this...

She found Cheatham in a motor home in front of the house later on the morning of March 27. She was directed there by Von Bargen, who had arrived at the property for a fencing project.*

If everything I am putting together here is true.... I think Von Bargen is up to this to his eyeballs.... Just a feeling, no mention of him but, he is coming out smelling like a rose. He did not want anything to do with it right? But he was there after Neal disappearred and met his girlfriend at the door, told her where to find Cheatham in the trailer.
He then gives a GIFT to bond out Cheatham's wife....ummmm... the writing is on the wall in my opinion....

Knox
05-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Good job Portabella!!!

Now, do you think LE can get either of the Cheatham's to flip?

What do you think of Cheatham trying to give his truck away in Shasta County? The area is so vast, possibilities are endless. I thought about cell phone pings (Cheathams), but I bet you can't even get a signal in a lot of those areas.

Portabella
05-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Good job Portabella!!!

Now, do you think LE can get either of the Cheatham's to flip?

What do you think of Cheatham trying to give his truck away in Shasta County? The area is so vast, possibilities are endless. I thought about cell phone pings (Cheathams), but I bet you can't even get a signal in a lot of those areas.

I know we are a victim friendly forum. So I will answer that carefully. I think there was a crime scene in that truck. I think that truck will have DNA in it. IMHO

tezi
05-10-2013, 12:44 PM
~~~Bumping for Neal.~~~

Kavya01
05-14-2013, 02:58 AM
Ah, Neal, where are you....

Knox
05-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Yesterday (https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing/posts/345617828893688)

7 weeks today. The investigation is still ongoing, but no other people have been arrested. We are working on getting billboards up, which will appear beginning in June in Oroville. Please keep Neal in your thoughts and prayers.

Knox
05-18-2013, 01:03 PM
4 hours ago (https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing/posts/346981305424007) via mobile (https://www.facebook.com/mobile/?v=173847642670370)

Search party heading out today!
Please focus your prayers to guide these kind people to finding Neal today!! I send my angelic guides to light the way to where Neal is, it has been a hard journey and so many tears for our beautiful son, brother, soul mate of Jenny and nephew, we all want you home.

mamacita
06-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Per FB page, DC was released from jail on Friday (May 31st). people are very ticked off. now i'm off to do some digging.

eta: looks like he's still in there, but pending bail.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?ref=stream

mamacita
06-02-2013, 08:33 PM
He denied a request to release Donald Cheatham on his own recognizance, but lowered bail to $250,000.
The Cheatham's are scheduled to be arraigned at 1:30 p.m. June 11.

http://www.chicoer.com/breakingnews/ci_23349410/oroville-pair-bound-over-trial-marijuana-sale-charge

Knox
06-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Bumping for Neal!!

CatFancier
06-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Missing Neal King Billboards Go Up

http://www.knvn.com/content/localnews/story/Missing-Neal-King-Billboards-Go-Up/ZErucVhnBUOhVXOTHZo3eA.cspx?rss=2224

Knox
06-20-2013, 06:44 PM

Jennifer Cheatham went out with a group of men and cut the locks on Neal's property on Olive Hwy and stripped the place in front of two other witnesses. She is out on bail, and her husband is still in jail. I am speechless and turns out powerless to do anything since Neal is missing. If anyone has any advice, let me know.https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Wow, really Jennifer?

nothingnew
06-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Wow, really Jennifer?
[/B]

Didn't Jennifer take things owned by her, her husband and Amazon Garden Supply? Why would the Kings be holding it in their possession? You'd think they'd want ALL of the Cheathams' crap off Neils property.

Knox
06-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Didn't Jennifer take things owned by her, her husband and Amazon Garden Supply? Why would the Kings be holding it in their possession? You'd think they'd want ALL of the Cheathams' crap off Neils property.

Slippery slope.

No formal lease contract (verbal agreement, supposedly). No rent has been paid since January 2013. The King family stated Cheatham was sent an eviction notice (they sent it on Neal's companies behalf).

Regardless, going to the property and cutting locks in order to access your goods, isn't the right thing to do. Especially considering they are persons of interest in a murder investigation :moo:

nothingnew
06-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Has it been classified as a murder investigation publically? Not being snarky, I ask because there was a flyer a few months ago sent to my workplace from LE and the way it was worded did sound like it was a recovery operation more than looking for him walking around. As far as the legalities of an eviction and no signed lease etc, that's a part of being in the industry that he was working-allegedly-by his girlfriend who was granted full immunity. If he owned more properties and had more business partners besides the Cheathams and Mr Cho (both of whom he allegedly was practicing bad business tactics upon), just how many enemies did this fellow aquire? I still view Amazon Garden Supply as a legitimate business that paid taxes and did some illegal tricks on the side. The company you keep does say a lot about character.

Knox
06-20-2013, 08:12 PM
The BCSO press release goes on to say, “Based on information gathered, it is believed that foul play is involved with Neal King’s disappearance.” Investigators believe he was last seen alive in the Berry Creek area.

nothingnew
06-20-2013, 08:36 PM
The BCSO press release goes on to say, “Based on information gathered, it is believed that foul play is involved with Neal King’s disappearance.” Investigators believe he was last seen alive in the Berry Creek area.

Thanks! Wow, April 11th! No information about the Cheatham truck that was towed? I wonder if that is part of the "information gathered"? It seems like California likes to keep it under the vest until an arrest and trial. I think this one will have an answer but it might be a long time coming. Hope it's sooner rather than later though..

Knox
06-27-2013, 01:25 PM

Neal, Neal,when I held you in my arms in March when you were home and I hugged and kissed you, and I told you I loved you I did not know that would be the last time I would see you, I sent you on your way with love and light and a prayer and it was not enough to save you. No human being has the right to take your sacred life force energy from you that God gave you since your birth.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif I feel such compassion for the families of the missing. Neal's Mother's pain is heartbreaking.

norcal62
07-07-2013, 11:17 PM
First post, please go easy on me. ;)

Being local, I have been following this case with interest, due to a previous circumstance and the fact the growing for profit/dealing is getting way out of hand here.

Mr. Von Bargen seems to be a local real estate broker as well as a board member of the Oroville Economic Development Corporation. Also a general contractor. If he was at the Cheatham residence for a "fence job", please understand that most recent "fence jobs" serve the purpose of concealing pot grows, as the county ordinance mandates. Lots of them going up.

Also odd that he would "gift" the bail money for Mrs. Cheatham, but not offer the same to Mr. Cheatham. Hmm.

Last Friday afternoon, my wife was returning home after dropping off our daughter at a friend's house. She passed a Butte County "STARS" unit parked on the side of the road. There was also an individual that she said looked like a "detective" (polo shirt, but carrying a sidearm). They were both intently looking into the ditch as she drove past.

She told me about it when she arrived at home, and I turned on the scanner as well as grabbing a web feed, but details were minimal. It did sound like a couple of other SO units arrived, and they asked dispatch "Does STARS need to be a part of this activity"? The STARS unit was subsequently sent away.

I mention this as during the past week or two, while driving home from work and passing that spot, I have smelled decomp. It is a rural area and it has been very hot here. The occasional dead sheep, goat or calf in the ditch is not uncommon. I have checked the usual local news sources as well as the Sheriff logs - nothing. It is probably unrelated to this case, but I thought I should mention it. This was about 9 miles south of Palermo on Palermo-Honcut Hwy. Friday, July 5th around 5PM.

Knox
07-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Welcome norcal62 :seeya:

Thanks for sharing, do you have any updates to the above?

Hejlena
07-08-2013, 12:55 AM
I was just driving by and read up on this case a little--am I crazy or is it impossible to find a mugshot or an online photo of Jennifer Cheatham anywhere?

norcal62
07-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Thanks for sharing, do you have any updates to the above?

Unfortunately, no. The local news outlets don't do much updating on weekends. I will keep looking. Apparently, there was something of interest to law enforcement in the ditch, but whether it is newsworthy remains to be seen.

People used to dump meth lab chemicals in this area frequently, but that would have generated a full HAZMAT response.

Thank you for the welcome. :D I will certainly post if I discover anything further.

norcal62
07-10-2013, 10:20 AM
NFI on what was in the ditch, so likely insignificant.

According to online court records, Mr. Cheatham's request for a reduction of bail was denied yesterday.

Knox
07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Gayle King says her son Neal, 24, has been missing for more than three months, and she is only now feeling strong enough to speak about it publicly. She sat down with Action News Now via Skype from her home in McAllen, Texas this week. Jeanette "Jenny" Tully, Neal's girlfriend of nearly six years, sat next to her.

Jenny and Neal share an apartment and a car in Chico. She says Neal would never just abandon her. She says, after he failed to show up or to call, she called Don Cheatham, owner of Amazon Garden Supply at 29 Ridgeview Lane in Oroville. Neal had left their home to go to a business meeting (http://www.khsltv.com/content/localnews/story/Neal-Kings-Loved-Ones-Hope-for-Answers/8jq0_mrm_UiYCrRfYqMRuw.cspx#) with Cheatham, who she says had expressed interest in buying the property he leased for his business from Neal.

She says Neal came back from that meeting, and said he Don had requested (http://www.khsltv.com/content/localnews/story/Neal-Kings-Loved-Ones-Hope-for-Answers/8jq0_mrm_UiYCrRfYqMRuw.cspx#) they meet again. Jenny says, "He dropped me off at home and went to see Don. Then he came back and ate some yogurt, and said 'Don wants me to come back in a few minutes.' So he left, and he never came back after that."

Wednesday morning, the day after Neal went missing, Jenny say she went to Don's trailer on Hildale Avenue in Oroville and knocked on his door. She says he wouldn't open the door, and told her he didn't know where Neal was. He also told her to tell Neal to call him because they had business to do.

He told her to take Neal's car (http://www.khsltv.com/content/localnews/story/Neal-Kings-Loved-Ones-Hope-for-Answers/8jq0_mrm_UiYCrRfYqMRuw.cspx#) off his property, and she told him she didn't have the keys. She left, and when Neal still didn't come home, she called Don the next day.

http://www.khsltv.com/content/localnews/story/Neal-Kings-Loved-Ones-Hope-for-Answers/8jq0_mrm_UiYCrRfYqMRuw.cspx

More at link~

Knox
07-15-2013, 01:05 PM
The events, as stated in Jenny's recap of the day Neal disappeared, make no sense to me. I can only assume the missing details which would make the story flow, are withheld because of the illegal nature of the meeting and the business'.

Hejlena, it is curious that Don's booking photo was published, but not Jennifer's?

southsleuth
07-15-2013, 01:24 PM
You're right, not adding up. I wonder if all of Neal's properties have been thoroughly searched? The article leads me to believe he had a couple if not more properties.

norcal62
07-15-2013, 01:40 PM
The events, as stated in Jenny's recap of the day Neal disappeared, make no sense to me. I can only assume the missing details which would make the story flow, are withheld because of the illegal nature of the meeting and the business'.

Hejlena, it is curious that Don's booking photo was published, but not Jennifer's?

The events as related don't make a lot of sense to me, either. Oroville and Chico are more than "a few minutes" apart. I don't think anyone would drive from Oroville to Chico and grab a quick bite if they were planning to meet someone back in Oroville "in a few minutes". But as you say, there may be some details missing.

Looking at Mr. Cheatham's case on the Butte County Court site, it appears there may a partial gag order on the proceedings in relation to the news media.

PIYA
07-17-2013, 05:05 PM
I think there are alot of missing information.

norcal62
07-19-2013, 09:17 PM
I am curious as to whether the Cheatham's other business location on Cal Oak Dr. has been searched as well. It is adjacent to the rock piles built up from gold dredge tailings dating back to the early 1900's. I would imagine lots of things have been hidden there over the past 100 years.

summer_breeze
07-20-2013, 06:05 AM
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/friends-cry-foul-over-advertisement-posted-next-to-missing-person-billboard/-/14322302/21064394/-/rwuimhz/-/index.html

By Jerry Olenyn,
POSTED: 11:35 AM Jul 19 2013
UPDATED: 11:43 AM Jul 19 2013

OROVILLE, Calif. -A controversy in Oroville involves two billboards, one regarding a missing person and the billboard that went up right next to it.

http://www.krcrtv.com/image/view/-/21060424/medRes/2/-/maxh/360/maxw/640/-/uo2m8fz/-/-img1-Oroville-Billboards-VID.jpg

Grower
07-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Bump for Neal's family.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Tapatalk 2

CatFancier
08-04-2013, 01:33 PM
The most recent case, the disappearance of Neal King, is an example of one that leads detectives to believe there's been foul play, Freeman said.

King has been missing since March 26 after attending a business meeting revolving around marijuana and a property in Berry Creek. He was known to have gone to the Oroville home of Donald Cheatham, who authorities say hasn't cooperated with the investigation. Foul play is suspected to have played a role.

"We know he's missing, but we don't know what happened to him. We have a decent idea of what happened and why it might have happened, but we don't know exactly what happened to him, where he's at or who did it.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_23792951/missing-faces-butte-police-working-list-31-missing

FHF
08-27-2013, 01:44 AM
Fact: Neal King and Richard Cho are on title to property located in Butte county off Mather Lane Ap# 072-500-011

Fact: Neal King and Richard Cho hold title to that property as Joint Tenants if one dies the other gets the property just as if they were married. Why not hold the property as Tenants in common, that way if one dies, his portion goes to his heirs?
Not a wind fall for one or the other. How many property's do they own this way together?

Fact: tractors and earth moving equipment have been cutting in roads and pads for RV's, water tanks, tent sites, and marijuana plots...... destroying the water shed. This has been ongoing since late March 2013 (where is Neal King? This is not Berry Creek, but its on the way there from town)

Fact: Neal King and Richard Cho put $50,000.00 as a down payment on this property, there is a 1st deed of trust for $79,000.00 if payments are not made why has the person with the first deed of trust not foreclosed? Who owns the property?

Fact: The person with the first deed of trust has rented out this property through Table Mountain Reality to current occupants for an illegal marijuana grow. What gives them the right? They collect rents, but have no legal liability for the property and get to keep the $50,000.00 only to foreclose at a latter date and re-sell? Who are these people?

Fact: who already knows this information. Butte county Code enforcement, Butte County Public works, Butte County Law enforcement. Why does this problem still exist?

norcal62
09-01-2013, 11:27 AM
According to the Butte County court website, Donald Cheatham is no longer in custody. Trial date for possession for sale charges has been reset to Oct. 7th, and there are notations about "bad faith questions and prosecution misconduct".

It also appears that witness(es) will be subpoenaed from out of state.

DogEyes
09-15-2013, 01:18 PM
deleted by me

Wolf Dreamer
10-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Long article on HuffPo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/16/neal-king-missing_n_4102161.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

nothingnew
10-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Long article on HuffPo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/16/neal-king-missing_n_4102161.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

Let me get this straight-the "fortune he amassed" is also missing? That's news to me! Where was this fortune being kept before King went missing I wonder? Who all had access to this formidable estate? I seriously doubt he carried all his money on his person. Three people come out to California to get into drug trafficking, a fortune is amassed and yet none of those three were ever charged for any crime? Such a strange story. I so wish that folks would stop trying to get rich off of crime and go about changing laws in their own states. jmo and sorry if I offend anyone but really.

OkieGranny
11-10-2013, 07:49 PM
A commenter on Neal's missing page says he found a potential clue but couldn't get the detective to call him back:

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing/posts/415336621921808

and then a search party today:

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing/posts/425991977522939

I wonder if there's a connection.

Cheatham has waived a jury trial, court date December 2:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=417096478412489&set=a.325740290881442.1073741826.325738707548267&type=1

summer_breeze
11-19-2013, 06:53 AM
http://www.chicoer.com/breakingnews/ci_24552431/search-party-organized-find-chico-man-missing-since

POSTED: 11/19/2013 12:07:26 AM PST

BERRY CREEK — Relatives, friends and community members are gathering Saturday to search for a Chico man who has been missing almost eight months.

Knox
11-21-2013, 01:32 AM
I feel for Neal's family, his Mom writes and posts pictures frequently on his missing page. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

summer_breeze
12-19-2013, 09:09 AM
http://www.chicoer.com/breakingnews/ci_24752752/investigators-come-up-empty-lake-oroville-search-missing

POSTED: 12/18/2013 04:45:54 PM PST
Staff Reports

OROVILLE — A Butte County sheriff's investigator confirmed a search was made today in Lake Oroville for missing Neal Forrest King, but nothing was found.

summer_breeze
12-21-2013, 07:38 AM
http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=986031#.UrV9QtLviSo

by Nadia Galindo
Posted: 12.20.2013 at 7:23 PM

<snipped>

A McAllen mother said she will never stop searching for her missing son Neal King.

“A mother is just driven, I just can’t stop,” Gayle King said.

KateB
12-22-2013, 12:55 PM
A commenter on Neal's missing page says he found a potential clue but couldn't get the detective to call him back:

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing/posts/415336621921808

and then a search party today:

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing/posts/425991977522939

I wonder if there's a connection.

Cheatham has waived a jury trial, court date December 2:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=417096478412489&set=a.325740290881442.1073741826.325738707548267&type=1

I was looking for an update for the court hearing now that it's well past Dec 2 and the family's support group posted an Facebook update 12/4 that the defense attorney has moved the date to Feb 2014.

I hope Neal's family will get more answers then.

Knox
04-13-2014, 08:38 PM
An Open Letter to Don Cheatham

I have thought about what you did to my beautiful son, Neal, many days and nights, it has consumed me, saddened me, and drained me emotionally. I cannot understand how one human being can harm another. I have looked in to the your life to try to understand what kind of man you are and what brought you to this moment on March 26th , the series of events that led to Neal’s disappearance, which changed our lives forever. You did not think Neal mattered, that he would not be missed. You are so very wrong, Neal was the glue in our family, he wanted us all together, and he protected what he loved. Neal was a wonderful, loving son to both his parents. He is dearly loved by all his family, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and friends and we all miss him terribly. This has left a huge void in our lives. We are all trying to cope with surviving without Neal’s beautiful smile and love and laughter. How would you feel if this happened to one of your sons, if someone did what you did to my son? How would you feel knowing your son was severely beaten and thrown out somewhere to die, cold, alone, and in pain? It would haunt you your whole life.

Your history is that of physical and mental abuse and violence. You have physically and emotionally abused your wife and children for many years. How much pain have you inflicted in your 40 years of life? Why are you here? Do you ever think about the family and friends of those you harmed? NO? For every PAIN you have caused, that pain has reverberated to everyone connected to that person. You have not hurt one person, you have hurt many, many people and you have caused a river of tears to flow though one selfish act.

To what end, Donald Cheatham? What do you gain by living in this way? You may be brought to justice someday or you may not. I am writing this letter in hopes that you will cease hurting human beings. I pray that something inside of you will realize that this wrong thinking was created a long time ago; this anger at the world does not serve you or humanity. Each day we can choose to do something different, you can choose to do no harm. I am asking you, as the mother of my son, DO NO MORE HARM.
I MISS MY SON HUGGING ME AND SAYING “MAMA, I LOVE YOU”. I MISS NEAL’S VOICE AND LAUGHTER; I MISS HIM CARING WHAT HAPPENS TO ME. I MISS HIS GOLDEN HEART.

poppygirl
04-13-2014, 10:55 PM
Not guilty...
http://www.orovillemr.com/ci_25389872/oroville-couple-not-guilty-marijuana-sales-charges-arising?source=most_viewed

Hoping they find Neal.

azure
04-13-2014, 11:19 PM
124 pounds of marijuana and not guilty of intent to sell. This defies belief. Is the entire county's government in the pocket of the marihuana growers?

Knox
04-14-2014, 04:26 PM
The judge said there appeared to be strong evidence that Donald Cheatham previously participated in marijuana cultivation and sales, but there was insufficient evidence from an April 2, 2013, search of the Cheathams' residence for the sales-related charge.

Judge Reilley did find Donald Cheatham guilty of misdemeanor possession of more than one ounce of marijuana. He said the amount of marijuana found at the property on the 4000 block of Hildale Avenue exceeded the amount on the defendant's medical marijuana recommendation.

http://www.orovillemr.com/ci_25389872/oroville-couple-not-guilty-marijuana-sales-charges-arising?source=most_viewed

If there is insufficient evidence, what is the Judge to do? I prefer to let him go on this charge, hopefully there will be a murder charge upcoming instead.

poppygirl
04-14-2014, 06:55 PM
If there is insufficient evidence, what is the Judge to do? I prefer to let him go on this charge, hopefully there will be a murder charge upcoming instead.

124lbs of marijuana and $56K in cash sound like enough to me...but I don't have a law degree. I find it interesting that they waived their right to a jury trial and went with a judge...may be legit...or may be I'm just too jaded as my hinky meter is going off.

Knox
04-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Court records for Cheatham.

ETA-search does not hold, enter his name at link.

http://www.buttecourt.ca.gov/online_indeX/Search.cfm

Knox
04-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Cheatham had three boating citations in 2011. Made me think of how easy it would be to dispose of a body in that manner. Does he still have that boat, or did he have it in 2013?

Knox
06-16-2014, 07:25 PM
Neal's Mom held a Celebration of Life service for him this past weekend http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?fref=nf

Knox
06-16-2014, 07:29 PM
Poem for Neil, written by his Mom.
https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?hc_location=timeline

Neal my son, I Search For You

I searched for you in the unfamiliar tall pines and darkly forested mountainsides,
I searched for you by the cold, deep lakes and rocky streams,
I searched for you in the distant clouds and in the endless night sky,
I cried out to the Universe for you.
I searched for you in my photos.
I searched for you in the stories your friends sent me
I searched for you in the places your father and I took you when you were small,
I searched where you loved best, this island,
I searched for you at your favorite cove where we watched the dolphins play,
I searched for you in our secret swimming place and on the windswept beach.
I searched for you in the setting sun on the Laguna Madre
I searched for you as I strummed your guitar, feeling where your fingers touched.
I searched for you as I held your favorite shirt to my face and breathed you
I searched for you in the few things that were dear to you
And I began to find you.
I found you in what you loved more than anything in this world, I found you in what you saved, the letters I sent you, the pictures of your family you always kept with you, no matter where you went, and I found you in this poem from school you wrote at aged 10.

Red, satisfied, happy and average
Son of Gayle and Clifton King
Lover of animals, family and friends
Who feels pain when he gets punched by a friend, when he gets hit in the head by a golf club, when a
needle is going through his skin to stitch it up,
Who feels joy when a friend makes him laugh, when he has a birthday party and everyone yells “Happy
Birthday”, and when Christmas comes around and everyone is happy no matter how bad their day
was,
Who needs food, shelter, and water,
Who fears death, pain, and sickness,
Who gives presents to my family on Christmas, on their birthdays, and on Mother’s and Father’s day.
Who would like to see laughter when he makes a joke, sadness when someone gets hurt, and the world to be a better place,
Resident of McAllen, Texas, Neal King (aged 10)

nikb
06-24-2014, 07:14 PM
I apologize if this isn't relevant because I haven't kept up on this case as much as I usually do, but I wanted to bring this to the attention of those who follow any cases of people missing near this area. Skeletal remains were found in the Sacramento river in Glenn County. The river name might be misleading - this is quite a bit North of Sacramento (roughly 2 hours).
http://www.kcra.com/news/father-son-find-human-skeletal-remains-in-sac-river/26640518#!3i0pv

Here is a map showing the area including proximity to Oroville:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Oroville,+CA/Hamilton+City,+CA/@39.6325196,-121.8564886,11z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x809cb6034a842e11:0xb56 919d60de28347!2m2!1d-121.556359!2d39.5137752!1m5!1m1!1s0x8082e0631dd1f7 e1:0xb24b959a25a332d8!2m2!1d-122.0135914!2d39.7426598

m_brown
07-22-2014, 02:48 PM
bumping for Neal. I hope he is found and I hope DC rots in hell.

m_brown
11-04-2014, 02:37 PM
nothing new, but this article regarding a detective's work to compile a complete list of missing persons from Butte County make me happy/glad and sad at the same time. Thank you, Det. Jay Freeman, for your hard work.

Neal is, of course, still included on this list.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_26857553/butte-county-sheriffs-office-searching-tips-missing-cases

m_brown
12-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Bumping for Neal