PDA

View Full Version : Strange, doncha think?

Barbara
11-08-2003, 12:43 PM
" 'Fearing that she was dead, John let out a scream of despair. Fleet ran up the basement stairs to the main floor. Appearing extremely distraught, he grabbed a phone, dialed two or three numbers, but then hung up. He turned to go back to the basement door, but then stopped and yelled for someone to call for an ambulance. All eyes were riveted on the basement stairwell door as John's scream was heard by everyone else still in the house."

I find it interesting that since everyone initially thought this was a kidnapping, when John screamed, then Fleet came running for a phone, yelling for someone to call an ambulance, Patsy didn't go running.

In that situation, where you don't believe your daughter is in the house (they had a ransom note remember?), John's scream along with Fleet calling and screaming for an ambulance, wouldn't your first thought be that possibly John had a heart attack or was injured?

I have to comment that it is quite odd that hearing your husband scream, Fleet running for a phone, yelling for an ambulance and Patsy didn't come running, thinking that perhaps something happened to John.

Then again, perhaps Patsy knew better

Imon128
11-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Excellent thought, Barbara! And didn't Patsy also testify (per the NE Police file book) that she is still haunted by John's scream? Also, she called friends over for support and could have grabbed one of them to go with her to see what caused the scream and the ambulance. I suppose in fairness, Patsy might not have been able to stand another trauma...(cough, cough, sputter, sputter) ;) .

Show Me
11-08-2003, 01:29 PM
Yep...Patsy's daughter is missing, hours later she hears people calling for an ambulance.....yet she doesn't even go running to see.

Wouldn't you think it had something to do with your daughter?

sissi
11-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Not being there it is too much of a guess,however she could have been paralyzed with fear. There is a question of perception here ,as well, on whose reporting and whose statements are we basing this behavior? Did it happen the way we have read so often,or was the situation entirely different. At this point I don't know who to believe.

JMO

Show Me
11-08-2003, 02:14 PM
Sissi, Patsy gave two versions in two different interviews/interrogations, if I remember correctly.

One was: Priscilla and Barbara had to hold her back, and she was fighting to get free to see what happened.

Two: Priscilla and Barbara had to help Patsy up, and to walk into the next room.

What do you believe?

Imon128
11-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Also, how "unPatsylike" to crumble in a crunch. From all we've read about her, she's no shrinking violet and always seems to COME THROUGH in a crunch. Do you suppose she was on the floor, huddled up, hysterical, when JonBenet got hit with the golf club in Charlevoix? Doubtful from what we know, IMO.

sissi
11-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Many years ago,my son decided to slip out during the night,he was seventeen and was using something other than his mind for thinking, I heard a crash,ran upstairs to the third floor,the window was open,I could NOT look,I screamed for my husband to run out to the patio and see how badly he was hurt.
As luck would have it,we had just had the lower level carpet replaced,the carpet people had not finished the job and had left rolls of old carpet on the back patio,these rolls broke his fall.
I am normally a very attentive parent,care about every detail of their lives,but I can never,could never face blood and broken bones. That has been hubby's job for ever. Sitting in a chair,hoping for someone to scream back,"it's okay",is maybe just what Patsy was praying for this time.
Something else Patsy said reminds me of myself,I will not buy,or allow my children to wear purple clothing. I avoid any Christmas decorations that have a purple hue,and have gone as far as to sit up at night picking stitching out of beautiful dresses and replacing it with another color. It's one of those ingrained superstitions that I was taught as a child,purple may welcome death. Otherwise I feel I am not tooooo nuts:)

IMO JMO

shamu
11-08-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by sissi
Something else Patsy said reminds me of myself,I will not buy,or allow my children to wear purple clothing. I avoid any Christmas decorations that have a purple hue,and have gone as far as to sit up at night picking stitching out of beautiful dresses and replacing it with another color.
You are kidding.

sissi
11-08-2003, 09:20 PM
Shamu......No, I am not kidding!
The "good will industries" loved me,they were the recipients of many a purple gift.

gretchen
11-08-2003, 10:16 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Patsy loved the color purple.
But, of course, I could be mistaken.

Hey Imon, great to "see" ya! Your posts are as excellent as usual. :bigthumb: :) :bigthumb: :)

sissi
11-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Patsy made a comment after the murder,saying she was sorry she had decorated Jonbenet's tree in purple as it may have been an omen. I,personally,believe in purple as "mourning purple" and agree that it was a poor choice for a holiday tree.
JMO

Imon128
11-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Good to see yah, too, gretchen!! :wavy:

I, too, believe Patsy had a penchant for purple. Wasn't that the color of a Christmas tree decorations (JB's??) that fateful year? Didn't they find a broken Christmas tree ornament? Perhaps it was an angel deco or perhaps I'm having a memory lapse...:dontknow:

Oprah Winfrey would keel over aghast if she knew of these goings-on. Phew...hope she doesn't find out, hell will be a poppin', LOL.

I have read somewhere in my life, that people who like purple tend to be immature. Of course, I'm just relaying the message, folks who love the color purple, (making me the messenger) so don't go shooting me or nuthin'.

shamu
11-09-2003, 02:54 AM
I like the color purple, and I am immature. ;-)

What alarms me is that Sissi's kids are not permitted to wear it. One of them is at least 17.

Purple and gold are my kid's school colors. One could not get around wearing it in sports, or even to graduate. I suppose with a ruckus one could somehow manage. But why? How do you get your kids to follow along w/ such superstitions?

Jayelles
11-09-2003, 08:27 AM
EEeeek! My 3 year old loves purple and has a wardrobe full of purple skirts, jeans, dresses, sweaters, fleeces, tights - even shoes!

Are we all doomed?

Nehemiah
11-09-2003, 09:12 AM
Okay...I have some shades of purple paint chips to choose from. Was thinking of painting a room purple. LOL

Maxi
11-09-2003, 09:50 AM
Goodness, don't tell the Red Hat ladies that purple is immature or funereal! Purple is considered a royal color and a powerful color that should be used carefully. In my hippie days, I embroidered purple and gold yin yangs, surrounded by a mandela of i-ching blocks, on my son's baby blanket. Guess that's why he's always acted as if he thought he was a prince.

I can understand Patsy being paralyzed with fear, whether she was involved in JBR's death or not. That's just how some people react.

Toth
11-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
I find it interesting that since everyone initially thought this was a kidnapping, when John screamed, then Fleet came running for a phone, yelling for someone to call an ambulance, Patsy didn't go running. Patsy was seated at the time and as she attempted to get up and run, two friends restrained her.

why_nutt
11-09-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Toth
Patsy was seated at the time and as she attempted to get up and run, two friends restrained her.

I question whether this anecdote was ever played out in real life. In the room where Patsy and company sat, they had no way of knowing what was happening except via the overhearing of conversations and sound elsewhere in the house, leaving them only the ability to guess what was going on in the area of the basement door and living room. To believe this anecdote, we would have to think Priscilla and Barbara had the power to see through walls, see John bringing a rigored JonBenet up (thus letting them interpret his cries as ones of pain rather than relief), and then make efforts to restrain Patsy from the sight. In reality, for all they knew, John was bringing up a thoroughly alive JonBenet, and under those circumstances, why would women who knew nothing to the contrary put all their muscle into keeping Patsy from going to her rescued daughter?

This anecdote feels like something Patsy used in retrospect, to justify her staying in the den for an unseemly length of time. It would not be the first time Patsy claimed that her actions or lack thereof were not her responsibility but were controlled by others.

Shylock
11-09-2003, 12:53 PM
Patsy was seated at the time and as she attempted to get up and run, two friends restrained her. How did they do that, when everyone left the room to see what the fuss was about EXCEPT Patsy?

Your stories even defy logic, Toth. At that time they were all just sitting around, bored, waiting for a phone call--wondering why they hadn't gotten it. There was absolutely no reason to "restrain" ANYONE.

Toth
11-09-2003, 12:54 PM
I see no need for anyone to have been able to see through walls or anything like that. Once the commotion was heard it didn't take a rocket scientist to know what was going on. It would have taken Officer Donut a real long time to figure it out but I don't think it took anyone else more than an instant.

Barbara
11-09-2003, 01:08 PM
"Once the commotion was heard it didn't take a rocket scientist to know what was going on."

You mean Toth, that despite the ransom note, and all that was going on, Patsy automatically knew that JonBenet was dead in the house? No reason to be panicked at the scream, the call for an ambulance (which usually suggests that someone is still alive, for crying out loud). Deceased persons don't need ambulances.

I guess Patsy must be secretely a rocket scientist after all. She actually knew that despite the call to get an ambulance, JonBenet was already dead and that her husband was just fine.

Wow

Shylock
11-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
I guess Patsy must be secretely a rocket scientist after all. She actually knew that despite the call to get an ambulance, JonBenet was already dead and that her husband was just fine.

Wow Yup! - You got it Barbara. That Patsy is soooooo smart she knew right away it wasn't her stressed-out husband lying on the basement floor having a heart attack.

LOL

sissi
11-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Shamu, it's okay, they are adults now,and if they were to choose to wear purple,considering it's the football team colors,I would have no say. I have yet to see any of my grandchildren in purple,so I guess it's like breaking a mirror to some,ya just don't feel the need to do it. :)
IMO JMO

shamu
11-09-2003, 05:18 PM
Well wearing purple is much more fun than breaking mirrors! Have never broken a mirror on purpose. Well, maybe once... was drunk... but I *think* it was accidental. In college, my bf was out with another girl and his roommate had a party! My friends and I crept into bf's bedroom in his absence and we were up to shenanigans --burning photo of the girl etc --stupid stuff-- when mirror got broken. I left a NOTE! It said ""I didn't break your damned mirror. I don't know who did it.""

LOL

Sorry all, as this does not relate to Patsy

Or does it?

Anyway Sissi, try wearing purple... you might like it!

Imon128
11-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Patsy was seated at the time and as she attempted to get up and run, two friends restrained her.

It would have taken more than 2 friends to restrain me under those circumstances to go to my daughter OR MY HUSBAND, as Barbara so wisely pointed out, hubby could have been having a heart attack or dead. :fuming:

Ivy
11-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Why would Patsy's friends restrain her? Why would they want to keep her from running to her daughter's side? After all, supposedly no one knew at that point that JonBenet was dead.

I don't believe the "Patsy's friends restrained her" story.

Toth
11-09-2003, 09:37 PM
[I don't believe the "Patsy's friends restrained her" story. You could be right. Its possible. I was not there. However, the victim-advocate, a civilian employee of the BPD, who was there has not contradicted this assertion.

Ivy
11-09-2003, 10:56 PM
According to PMPT, Barbara Fernie led Patsy to the room where JonBenet's body lay under the Christmas tree. No one is described as restraining Patsy, nor is Patsy described as trying to run anywhere.

Also according to PMPT, John raced up the basement stairs carrying JonBenet's body, yelling that she had been found. Fleet followed right behind him, yelling for an ambulance. Why did Patsy remain seated in the sunroom? Why didn't she immediately jump up and rush to see how badly her daughter had been injured? Why did Patsy sit and stare out the window for a time? "She did not move despite all the shouting that JonBenet had been found." (PMPT pb p.19)

Blazeboy3
11-10-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Ivy
According to PMPT, Barbara Fernie led Patsy to the room where JonBenet's body lay under the Christmas tree. No one is described as restraining Patsy, nor is Patsy described as trying to run anywhere.

Also according to PMPT, John raced up the basement stairs carrying JonBenet's body, yelling that she had been found. Fleet followed right behind him, yelling for an ambulance. Why did Patsy remain seated in the sunroom? Why didn't she immediately jump up and rush to see how badly her daughter had been injured? Why did Patsy sit and stare out the window for a time? "She did not move despite all the shouting that JonBenet had been found." (PMPT pb p.19)

WHY NOT? Patsy's GREATEST USA PERFORMANCE OF ALL?...YA THINK?

ajt400
11-10-2003, 11:26 AM
No, the deceased do not need amulances, but how is JR supposed to know there was nothing they could do for JBR? If I encountered my child dead in the basement, I would probably scream, and so would everyone else on this forum. Hell, I would scream bloody murder---then I would probably just go into shock. Maybe PR just couldn't face whatever was making JR scream, maybe she kniew what was down there.....

ajt400
11-10-2003, 11:29 AM
And if I did it, I would not want to have to be the one to find her....BTW, was JR scream fake sounding? There were enough people there, someone must have head whether or not people in the Ramsey's house that day thought his scream and immediate reaction was faked.

Toth
11-10-2003, 12:16 PM
No one has said anything improper about that morning except Officer Donut who seems to be an expert in interpreting how mothers react to a kidnapp situation and bury their head in their hands. He doesn't appear to be an expert at opening latched doors however.

Barbara
11-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ajt400
... maybe she kniew what was down there.....

I think you're right on the money AJT!

Barbara
11-10-2003, 12:27 PM
No one has said anything improper about that morning except Officer Donut who seems to be an expert in interpreting how mothers react to a kidnapp situation and bury their head in their hands. He doesn't appear to be an expert at opening latched doors however.

You may be right Toth. I would guess that any expert would agree that if someone is screaming that they found someone who was missing AND screaming to call an ambulance, I guess just about everyone, except me and a few others on the forum would automatically know that the missing person was already dead and not in need of HER MOTHER or an ambulance. :liar:

AND this was supposed to be a kidnapping.

Sure thing Toth

What was I thinking? :banghead:

Imon128
11-10-2003, 12:40 PM
It should have been pretty obvious to JR that JB was dead. Cold to the touch, blue lips, rigor mortis, etc. I think he'd read one too many crime books or watched one too many detective shows on TV and KNEW that a person should deny their victim is dead, upon discovery. Backfired on HIM, though, IMO because it would be obvious to a frog that little child was deader than a doornail.

John COULD have felt for a pulse, done CPR, etc., if he REALLY thought JB was alive. Instead he made a grandstand theatrical performance to ask Arndt if JB was dead. Oh well, so little time to perfect the screen play. Sigh.

Barbara
11-10-2003, 12:56 PM
"....Oh well, so little time to perfect the screen play. Sigh...."

Let's be a little sympathetic. They needed the time to write the "novel" first :)

Imon128
11-10-2003, 01:34 PM
:doh: Silly, me!! Of course, you're correct, Barbara. Unless we reverse thoughts and consider the ransom note the novel?? Teehee. We bad, we bad.

ajt400
11-10-2003, 02:07 PM
I know I would be doing CPR, and the last time I took a class I was in 6th grade.....but I would have been doing whatever needed to be done.

Imon128
11-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Exactly. And both John and Patsy should have been trained in CPR. Especially, John as CEO, would be trained in CPR. John and Patsy Ramsey (this right-on-top-of-it-loving,caring,couple) NOT trained in CPR? Anybody know?

ajt400
11-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Why would they need to know CPR? Everyone doesn't know it. They had no obligation to know CPR except for their own well-being, right?

Toth
11-10-2003, 02:37 PM
I don't think its a matter of being trained in cpr or not. I think John Ramsey's brain was denying the obvious implicatiions of what he saw and smelled. I think it just took some time before he was able to acknowledge to himself that his daughter was dead.

Imon128
11-10-2003, 02:41 PM
I don't think its a matter of being trained in cpr or not. I think John Ramsey's brain was denying the obvious implicatiions of what he saw and smelled. I think it just took some time before he was able to acknowledge to himself that his daughter was dead.

What!? Did JR think that somebody took off their shoe and that's what he smelled, or what? Did he think JB was wearing blue lipstick? Did he think her body was rigid due to spray starch? Get real. That's why we have CPR--to revive (even a stranger, let alone our daughter) in a situation where you think the victim could live. If JR really thought JB MIGHT be alive, he'd have done something more to save her than to try to untie her hands. Geezo Peezo. :fuming:

ayjey
11-10-2003, 03:06 PM
to John, I have been in the room with a dead body after being called by their family and the family refuses to believe that person is dead.
It's called shock. The mind kind of goes into a protective mode
and doesn't accept it.

Heck, we were taught that if the family is present, we use our judgement as to whether we pretend to do CPR or not. When we "pretend" to do CPR, the family seems to feel comfort that someone is trying to do something for their deceased family member.

And, when the family finally does realize that their family member is gone, it is not a pretty site.

I don't think John or Patsy's reaction at this point was wrong.

Barbara
11-10-2003, 03:12 PM
I just find it fascinating that John, finding the body himself, was denying she was dead, and Patsy, knowing nothing but the scream and call for an ambulance already knew she was dead.

They are truly an amazing couple!

ajt400
11-10-2003, 03:38 PM
That's the thing about the present and past, you have a split second to react the way you do, but everyone in the world has the rest of their natural lives to analyze what you do and why....

ajt400
11-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Oh, and just a quick question, in most familial homicides, a person other then the parent(s) who killed the family memberfinds the body. But, in this case JR found JBR....does anyone else not think this odd.

Does anyone have any info as to how many parents who have found their child actually committed the murder?

Imon128
11-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Oh, and just a quick question, in most familial homicides, a person other then the parent(s) who killed the family memberfinds the body. But, in this case JR found JBR....does anyone else not think this odd.

Does anyone have any info as to how many parents who have found their child actually committed the murder?

Oooooh, I don't think JR WANTED to be the one to discover JB. I think he was just sick of having people in his home when he wanted/needed to be alone after the 'ugly' (which I believe he knew all about) that happened in his home to cause JB's demise.

Ivy
11-10-2003, 03:53 PM
I think John and Patsy were hoping their friends or the police would right away find JonBenet's body. When that didn't happen, John had to "find" it...which was easy to do since he knew right where it was.

ajt400
11-10-2003, 03:59 PM
Okay, so why not just point out the room JBR was in a little better? He could've said "Did you check in the (was it a?) storage room?" Or "Go check in that room," It would have been just as easy to do that as to find it himself....
Still waiting on the info...

BTW: Lizzie Borden pointed the maid to where her step-moter's body was, instead of going to find it herself. She was quite adament that she would not go to look herself....

Imon128
11-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Okay, so why not just point out the room JBR was in a little better? He could've said "Did you check in the (was it a?) storage room?" Or "Go check in that room," It would have been just as easy to do that as to find it himself....
Still waiting on the info...

BTW: Lizzie Borden pointed the maid to where her step-moter's body was, instead of going to find it herself. She was quite adament that she would not go to look herself....

I don't think John (remember he was a CEO) wanted to leave it to chance any longer. He knew if he wanted to get JB found and people out of his home, he had to do the 'finding' himself. JMO

ajt400
11-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Why would he want to get people out of the house if they were having their murder Brunch? Why not have everyone there for awhile longer?

Remember, they are the ones who called their friends over....

twilight
11-10-2003, 07:42 PM
1) Older kids were on their way and would shortly arrive to add to the murder brunch and possibly one of them...say JAR or Melinda would stumble across the body...owwwwwww...
2) Decomposing bodies detract from property value and he knew he would be having to sell that house...

COLORS:

I have a book called The Secondary Colors, by Alexander Theroux. It is a fascinating read. Purple is associated with all sorts of things. Examples:

"Have you heard it asserted that pregnant women and people with thyroid malfunctions tend to perfer purple?" (p.160)

Same page: "menopause mauve".

Following page: association with leprosy - body color.

Oh, here's a great one -

"Purple is the color of grief, dead leaves, merciless pride, prison complexions, coffin silk, acne, funereal trappings (vestments, cortege, and so forth), ruin, the mark of hypodermic drug injections, wheals, varicose veins, oral lesions, blood blisters, welts, collapsed lungs, oxygen deprivation, and inevitable, enveloping death in a dying- or dead- body." (p.161-2)

OTOH "Purple is the magisterium. It is a color combining blue (spirituality and nobility) and red (courage and virility), and symbolizes, among other things, wit, intelligence, knowledge, religious devotion, sanctity, humility, temperance, sobriety - amethysts (from a- plus methyein, to be drunk) were once worn as an anti-alcoholic - penitence, and sorrow. (p. 107)

And on the first page Laura Markley is quoted as saying:

Aren't orange, purple and green like costumes made of felt, Munchkin colors?

But the true color you want to look into is not purple, but 'silvery' as in 'silvery' grey...right, John and Patsy?

Imon128
11-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Murder brunch? WOW! That's a new one on me! If the R's wanted a soireé, I think it was over once the guests arrived, but that's JMO.

sissi
11-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Twilight quote: and symbolizes, among other things, wit, intelligence, knowledge, religious devotion, sanctity, humility, temperance, sobriety - amethysts (from a- plus methyein, to be drunk) were once worn as an anti-alcoholic - penitence, and sorrow. (p. 107)

I was born on Feb.5,I have always accepted the wit ,intelligence,etc.. ;)

ajt400
11-10-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by twilight
1) Older kids were on their way and would shortly arrive to add to the murder brunch and possibly one of them...say JAR or Melinda would stumble across the body...owwwwwww...

< Like I said, better them than him, and if he is going to kill or conspire in the murder/disposal of a body, do you think he cares what his older/other children go through? How could he be so callous yet so emotional?

2) Decomposing bodies detract from property value and he knew he would be having to sell that house...

<Then he must have known that the value had already decreased suffiently. Once again, here he seems so cold--just to turn around and care about the other children? Makes no sense...

And again, he could've simply said "hey Fleet, go check that room."

COLORS:

I have a book called The Secondary Colors, by Alexander Theroux. It is a fascinating read. Purple is associated with all sorts of things. Examples:

"Have you heard it asserted that pregnant women and people with thyroid malfunctions tend to perfer purple?" (p.160)

Same page: "menopause mauve".

Following page: association with leprosy - body color.

Oh, here's a great one -

"Purple is the color of grief, dead leaves, merciless pride, prison complexions, coffin silk, acne, funereal trappings (vestments, cortege, and so forth), ruin, the mark of hypodermic drug injections, wheals, varicose veins, oral lesions, blood blisters, welts, collapsed lungs, oxygen deprivation, and inevitable, enveloping death in a dying- or dead- body." (p.161-2)

OTOH "Purple is the magisterium. It is a color combining blue (spirituality and nobility) and red (courage and virility), and symbolizes, among other things, wit, intelligence, knowledge, religious devotion, sanctity, humility, temperance, sobriety - amethysts (from a- plus methyein, to be drunk) were once worn as an anti-alcoholic - penitence, and sorrow. (p. 107)

And on the first page Laura Markley is quoted as saying:

Aren't orange, purple and green like costumes made of felt, Munchkin colors?

But the true color you want to look into is not purple, but 'silvery' as in 'silvery' grey...right, John and Patsy?

I don't know if this is just a Soutern thing, but people around here have Christmas trees in all colors. (You guys are talking about a Christmas Tree, right?) I personally hate most Christmas decorations, but that's their money. Whatever

twilight
11-10-2003, 10:21 PM
Up here, our trees are all blue, cause it's so cold!!! And the light bulbs frost over and we have real icicles hanging from the branches even on artificial trees.

Have you read DOI, with Patsy's endless rambling about the color purple and it's portent of doom, etc. etc. Makes me wonder what color the tree was the year she developed the Stage IV OC. Hospital green, maybe? And what color was the tree the year Beth died? Black? And what color is their tree this year - ORANGE?

Ivy
11-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Maybe this year their tree is money green.

twilight
11-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Ivy, I think you have their tree confused with Lin Wood's tree.

Ivy
11-10-2003, 10:43 PM
Oops, you're right, Twi. :doh:

SisterSocks
11-11-2003, 02:01 AM
yeppers imon i agree it would have been hard not to come running to see about my baby

lannie
11-11-2003, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Imon128
It should have been pretty obvious to JR that JB was dead. Cold to the touch, blue lips, rigor mortis, etc. I think he'd read one too many crime books or watched one too many detective shows on TV and KNEW that a person should deny their victim is dead, upon discovery. Backfired on HIM, though, IMO because it would be obvious to a frog that little child was deader than a doornail.

John COULD have felt for a pulse, done CPR, etc., if he REALLY thought JB was alive. Instead he made a grandstand theatrical performance to ask Arndt if JB was dead. Oh well, so little time to perfect the screen play. Sigh. [/Q

Then that LOOK he gave the Det.Arunet the one that made her want to count her bullets, the one that must of looked like I want to kill someone, was that a slip & then he want in to get out of town JOE , again something he sliped up on ,trying to act as a greaving dad,must of been hard with out a scripe ,because he was all over the place.

Toth
11-11-2003, 01:57 PM
Do you really think that Dope Arndt wanted to count her bullets? JR had been described by her as cordial. Now she wanted to count bullets? Why? Who would she be shooting at? JonBenet?

Toth
11-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Who would she be shooting at? JonBenet? Considering the skill level of the BPD... probably would have!

lannie
11-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Do you really think that Dope Arndt wanted to count her bullets? JR had been described by her as cordial. Now she wanted to count bullets? Why? Who would she be shooting at? JonBenet?

As I said it was the look he gave her, it said KILL ! A unguarded event from J.R. ! Yes he had been CORDIAL ,& now he directed a look that made her blood run cold, his true fillings were showing , but the script he was trying to follow was so phony he was out of character, & she saw it.

ajt400
11-11-2003, 02:31 PM
I just think Arndt wanted some sort of dramatic convo between them. What she said made no sense.....everyone knows that

lannie
11-11-2003, 02:46 PM
Of course it made no sense ,as I said JR was all over the place ,all out of plum ,as we say in Pa. Just as what French said about Ratsy looking through spladed fingers at him , just as nothing in this case from these so called parents make any sense, as in (when if at first you try to deceive ,what a ugly lie you weave.)Toth you can QUOTE me on that .

ajt400
11-12-2003, 01:43 PM
So why count bullets? That just makes no sense at all, if the look he had said "kill," kill who?

Maybe it would be different if the look said "I killed her...."

Imon128
11-12-2003, 01:46 PM
Oh, if I were Arndt, in that situation, I'd have counted bullets, too. Who knew what persons and how many coud have been involved in JB's death? As far as Arndt knew, it might have been the entire entouragé. Good cop work, Arndt!

ajt400
11-12-2003, 01:54 PM
Shouldn't she have known how many bullets she had? (or at least how many bullets her gun could hold)

And, yes, Arndt, Good Job screwing up a crime scene, not doing a full preliminary search, and not securing the house as a crime scene!

Exactly what I would want the cops to do if someone I know was murdered!!

Shylock
11-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Exactly what I would want the cops to do if someone I know was murdered!! ajt, while I'm no fan of Arndt's, let's keep in mind that the woman was working a "kidnapping" scene, NOT a "murder" scene at the time. None-the-less she should have secured the crime scene and not let the Rammers dictate what was going on that morning. Arndt was the first of many to get run over by the Ram$ey bus.

Maxi
11-13-2003, 12:06 PM
I think Arndt was being melodramatic. She probably felt spooked by the situation.