PDA

View Full Version : What Exactly Is Happening With Darlie Now?

sadieh
03-30-2005, 01:32 PM
It has been a few years since I read the books and made my determination that Darlie was guilty.

What is happening with her now. Is her husband still hanging in there? Is there a chance for a new trial? She is obviously still on DR and in Texas it seems they don't waste too much time.

So, it anyone can tell me what is happening, I would appreciate it.

One more thing - I think, like I said above that she is exactly where she should be, but one thing always bugged me and that was the awful bruising on her arms. How did she do that to herself?

Also, what is she up to in her appeals process.?

This case has always intrigued me and maybe some of you out there can get me back on track as to what is happening.

Thanks
:p

Jeana (DP)
03-30-2005, 02:40 PM
The defense recently filed a discovery motion in state court to try and have hair DNA tested. The latest appeal was denied in December by the Court of Criminal Appeals. Her attorneys have one year to file their federal appeal to that denial. Her husband remains supportive publicly; however, recent documents lead some to believe that she'd be willing to throw him under the bus if she feels it will spare her life.

sadieh
03-30-2005, 05:27 PM
How many more years before they finally give her the needle?

Jeana (DP)
03-30-2005, 05:28 PM
How many more years before they finally give her the needle?

I don't know. Her appeals process is taking longer than usual due to the court reporters mistakes on the trial transcript. She's got some time.

mollymalone
03-30-2005, 06:01 PM
As for the bruises on her arm, how much does it take to swing your arm with force against a door frame, a countertop or some other object to make bruises?

Someone mentioned the husband coming downstairs and there being controversy over whether he had put his pants on first or his glasses before coming downstairs. Someone thought that was suspicious given the circumstances. I don't see it that way. Having glasses myself, I keep them next to the bed and that is the first thing I grab when waking. There are a lot of people who leave a pair of pants or other clothing close by to put on in case they require it on waking (such as taking the dog out) or for an emergency. Being awoken by screams, not knowing what he would find downstairs, putting on his glasses and pants in a hurry doesn't seem suspicious to me.

mollymalone
03-30-2005, 06:10 PM
The defense recently filed a discovery motion in state court to try and have hair DNA tested. The latest appeal was denied in December by the Court of Criminal Appeals. Her attorneys have one year to file their federal appeal to that denial. Her husband remains supportive publicly; however, recent documents lead some to believe that she'd be willing to throw him under the bus if she feels it will spare her life.I thought long time ago the day would come when she would try and put the blame on him. If she's claiming he did it then why I wonder what explanation she would give for keeping silent about it all these years, considering it was her beloved children.

Jeana (DP)
03-30-2005, 06:19 PM
As for the bruises on her arm, how much does it take to swing your arm with force against a door frame, a countertop or some other object to make bruises?

Someone mentioned the husband coming downstairs and there being controversy over whether he had put his pants on first or his glasses before coming downstairs. Someone thought that was suspicious given the circumstances. I don't see it that way. Having glasses myself, I keep them next to the bed and that is the first thing I grab when waking. There are a lot of people who leave a pair of pants or other clothing close by to put on in case they require it on waking (such as taking the dog out) or for an emergency. Being awoken by screams, not knowing what he would find downstairs, putting on his glasses and pants in a hurry doesn't seem suspicious to me.

Actually, the "controversy" about what Darin was and wasn't wearing when he came down the stairs was bourne out of the fact that what he was wearing changed from one statement to another. In one statement, Darin said that he slept in the nude (which makes little sense to me since the baby was expected to wake up during the night), but says that he put his jeans on. He later said that he put his glasses on and that he can't see crap without them. It would help if he could make up his mind.

Jeana (DP)
03-30-2005, 06:19 PM
I thought long time ago the day would come when she would try and put the blame on him. If she's claiming he did it then why I wonder what explanation she would give for keeping silent about it all these years, considering it was her beloved children.

Traumatic amnesia is what the defense is claiming. :confused: :confused: :confused:

mollymalone
03-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Actually, the "controversy" about what Darin was and wasn't wearing when he came down the stairs was bourne out of the fact that what he was wearing changed from one statement to another. In one statement, Darin said that he slept in the nude (which makes little sense to me since the baby was expected to wake up during the night), but says that he put his jeans on. He later said that he put his glasses on and that he can't see crap without them. It would help if he could make up his mind.Maybe the confusion stems from the fact that he was awakened abruptly by screams, went down to find bedlam and it's aftermath. (Playing devils advocate here). Maybe he did put his jeans on and his glasses on, and in the statement he made about the jeans, he didn't think about saying his glasses. If his story was picture perfect each and every time about what he the jeans or glasses that would be more eyebrow raising.

I don't think Darin was part of this, if he had I think it would have been much more stage managed and thought out. I think Darlie did it all on her own. Darlie thought that LE or anyone else would believe her story and no one would believe that she would do this to her own children, or to herself.
IMO

mollymalone
03-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Traumatic amnesia is what the defense is claiming. :confused: :confused: :confused: :doh: Give em' credit for imagination, but that's not going to fly. Traumatic amnesia for that long a time, for years while she sits in a jail to protect him, knowing she could/would be executed at the end of it. Right. SUUUUURE.

Dani_T
03-31-2005, 01:44 AM
The defense recently filed a discovery motion in state court to try and have hair DNA tested. The latest appeal was denied in December by the Court of Criminal Appeals. Her attorneys have one year to file their federal appeal to that denial. Her husband remains supportive publicly; however, recent documents lead some to believe that she'd be willing to throw him under the bus if she feels it will spare her life.

I thoughy Judge Francis was still ruling on the latest DNA testing...? For the rape kit, facial kit, jeans, fingerprint etc. I know they were hoping for a ruling in Jan but it got delayed

Jeana (DP)
03-31-2005, 10:01 AM
I thoughy Judge Francis was still ruling on the latest DNA testing...? For the rape kit, facial kit, jeans, fingerprint etc. I know they were hoping for a ruling in Jan but it got delayed

Yup, that's the discovery motion I mentioned.

Jeana (DP)
03-31-2005, 10:02 AM
:doh: Give em' credit for imagination, but that's not going to fly. Traumatic amnesia for that long a time, for years while she sits in a jail to protect him, knowing she could/would be executed at the end of it. Right. SUUUUURE.

LOL Who can blame them for trying! LOL She didn't give her attorneys too much to work with. Once your client crucifies herself on the witness stand, damage control is all you've got left.

mollymalone
03-31-2005, 10:46 AM
I thoughy Judge Francis was still ruling on the latest DNA testing...? For the rape kit, facial kit, jeans, fingerprint etc. I know they were hoping for a ruling in Jan but it got delayedhttp://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/rfrancis-final.php
Court's findings of fact and conclusions of Law - Today's date 3/31/2005
DENIED

Jeana (DP)
03-31-2005, 10:48 AM
http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/rfrancis-final.php
DENIED

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm SHOCKED (not). Thanks for the info Molly

mollymalone
03-31-2005, 10:50 AM
Here's Darlie Routier's application to the court:

APPLICANT’S CLAIMS
In her Application for Writ of Habeas Corpus, Applicant raises the following grounds for relief:

(1) whether she is actually innocent of the crime for which she was convicted;

(2) whether a defective reporter’s record of the trial denies her rights to due process of law;

(3) whether she received ineffective assistance of counsel from her team of lawyers due to:

a conflict of interest on the part of Doug Mulder;
an unreasonable investigation on the part of the defense team;
the failure to object to allegedly inadmissible evidence of her character;
the failure to object to allegedly inadmissible hearsay;
the failure to object to testimony regarding statements made by Applicant while she was in a hospital;
a failure to object to the prosecutors interfering with access to witnesses;
the failure to offer a surveillance video tape depicting a prayer service earlier in the day of the “silly string” party;
(4) whether the cumulative effect of her defense team’s actions violated her rights;

(5) whether prosecutorial misconduct deprived her of a fair trial;

(6) whether the prosecution violated Brady v. Maryland by failing to disclose favorable evidence that:

would impeach FBI agent Alan Brantley;
would impeach trace evidence analyst Charles Linch;
and would demonstrate that Applicant was not a future danger.
(7) whether the prosecution failed to correct false testimony from Charles Linch;

(8) whether the cumulative effect of alleged misconduct by the prosecution deprived Applicant of a fair trial; and

(9) whether the Texas death penalty system is unconstitutional on its face.

see link for rest of document(s).

mollymalone
03-31-2005, 10:54 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm SHOCKED (not). Thanks for the info MollyYou are welcome. I thought I'd surf a bit and find out if the Judge had made a ruling yet. She's lost another one.

mollymalone
03-31-2005, 11:18 AM
There is so much more, so it's best to visit the link.

However, Darlie is blaming a)Darin b)her former lawyer) c)a media person
d) the court clerk e) doctors and nurses f) prosecutor g) anything and everyone else.

Jeana (DP)
03-31-2005, 11:18 AM
Molly - stop!!! LOL

You can only post a link - not the whole thing. :) :) :) :)

mollymalone
03-31-2005, 11:22 AM
Molly - stop!!! LOL

You can only post a link - not the whole thing. :) :) :) :)
Sorry! I did stop! LOL She's thrown the kitchen sink into that motion. Each and every one of it has been rebutted and denied by the Judge. He dealt with the accusation against Darin too.

Since this has failed, what's her next step? Do you know?

mollymalone
03-31-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm amazed. She threw her breast implants into the mix!

Jeana (DP)
03-31-2005, 11:37 AM
Sorry! I did stop! LOL She's thrown the kitchen sink into that motion. Each and every one of it has been rebutted and denied by the Judge. He dealt with the accusation against Darin too.

Since this has failed, what's her next step? Do you know?

Her appeal to the Court of Criminal Appeals is due December. This latest ruling was in state court.

cami
03-31-2005, 12:05 PM
:doh: Give em' credit for imagination, but that's not going to fly. Traumatic amnesia for that long a time, for years while she sits in a jail to protect him, knowing she could/would be executed at the end of it. Right. SUUUUURE.

And with no head injury. How likely is it. :waitasec:

CyberLaw
03-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Regarding the bruises on her arms.

How about this:

Days after the boys are murdered by their darling Mommy Dearest, hubby and Darlie want to cover their behinds.

So you put your arms in between a door and jam and then repeatedly close the door(with your arm in the way)to put bruises on both arms in a uniform pattern.

These bruises were not points(like in fingerprints)they were all over her arms.

So now both of your arms are bruised from wrists to elbow.

It was shown that these bruises did not date from the so called attack, so probably two to three days later Darlie and Darin knew that the gig was going south, therefore they fabricated the "mystery" bruises in a vain attempt to substantiate their story.

You see there are so may different versions of Darlie story, I have not read them all, but I can't determine which one fits her "but he bruised me story".

A doctor can determine from the color of a bruises when it most likely appeared and can determine same from the pattern, color and healing process.

If she was actually bruised as badly as she claims in the attack, from what I saw the bruises would have been quite evident to hospital staff.

She is a fair skinned women, the bruises would have appeared quite soon. At least in the hospital.

Jeana (DP)
03-31-2005, 02:04 PM
CyberLaw, did you see the thread that one of our members did that list her different stories? Its here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14602

Dani_T
03-31-2005, 07:25 PM
http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/rfrancis-final.php
DENIED

Hmmm - I think that is an old one? I remember reading it before and also the date on the bottom is August 2004.

They filed new motions which I think is the ones they are still waiting to hear back on. The mainstay of this new one is DNA retesting etc. Check www.fordarlieroutier.org for details of the motions (at least one of th them was dine after January 25 2005). Also in the news box on www.justicefordarlie.net you can see that a decision on the DNA testing has not yet been reached.

Goody
03-31-2005, 08:37 PM
I totally agree, and am always amazed when nurses try to say that it is rather common for TA sufferers to never remember.

Yeah, if they have brain damage. LOL!

Hopeful One
03-31-2005, 11:02 PM
It has been a few years since I read the books and made my determination that Darlie was guilty.

What is happening with her now. Is her husband still hanging in there? Is there a chance for a new trial? She is obviously still on DR and in Texas it seems they don't waste too much time.

So, it anyone can tell me what is happening, I would appreciate it.

One more thing - I think, like I said above that she is exactly where she should be, but one thing always bugged me and that was the awful bruising on her arms. How did she do that to herself?

Also, what is she up to in her appeals process.?

This case has always intrigued me and maybe some of you out there can get me back on track as to what is happening.

Thanks
:p

I haven't read all the responses, so sorry if this is a repeat (don't shoot me, I'm just busy!). Right now Darlie is in Dallas for hearings on evidence that they are trying to get from the state for testing.

mollymalone
03-31-2005, 11:23 PM
Hmmm - I think that is an old one? I remember reading it before and also the date on the bottom is August 2004.

They filed new motions which I think is the ones they are still waiting to hear back on. The mainstay of this new one is DNA retesting etc. Check www.fordarlieroutier.org for details of the motions (at least one of th them was dine after January 25 2005). Also in the news box on www.justicefordarlie.net you can see that a decision on the DNA testing has not yet been reached.Thanks! I saw the 2005 date on it. So the new one is on DNA testing. What do you think the chances are?

Dani_T
04-01-2005, 05:27 AM
Thanks! I saw the 2005 date on it. So the new one is on DNA testing. What do you think the chances are?

Slim to none I would say.

mollymalone
04-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Slim to none I would say.That's my take on it too.

mollymalone
04-04-2005, 10:36 AM

They filed new motions which I think is the ones they are still waiting to hear back on. The mainstay of this new one is DNA retesting etc. Check www.fordarlieroutier.org for details of the motions (at least one of th them was dine after January 25 2005). Also in the news box on www.justicefordarlie.net you can see that a decision on the DNA testing has not yet been reached.I went back to the Routier site today and saw that it's been posted that Judge Francis ruled on her habeaus corpus petition and "ignored" her request for DNA testing and that Routier has filed a mandamus petition with the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals asking that it require Judge Francis to comply with ordering DNA testing. I didn't see a date when that was filed. Maybe I missed it. Does anyone know how long it will take the Criminal Appeals court to respond?

Is the ruling from the Criminal Appeals the one they are still waiting on?

mollymalone
04-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Actually, the "controversy" about what Darin was and wasn't wearing when he came down the stairs was bourne out of the fact that what he was wearing changed from one statement to another. In one statement, Darin said that he slept in the nude (which makes little sense to me since the baby was expected to wake up during the night), but says that he put his jeans on. He later said that he put his glasses on and that he can't see crap without them. It would help if he could make up his mind.Jeana, I went back and read his first statement (at least I think it's the first one from that night) which he made while events were fresh in his mind even while in shock over the events. Darrin said that he put his glasses on, ran downstairs, etc.. when he went to check and see if Drake was okay, he checked Drake, found he was okay but crying, THEN put his jeans on, thinking he needed to get some help, went downstairs ran across the street and got the neighbor.

Quote "I heard a noise and then Darlie screaming loud. I grabbed my glasses and ran down stairs."

For those of us who wear glasses on a daily basis, those are usually the first thing we grab even in emergencies so we can see what's going on.

Darlie in contrast says "he came downstairs with his jeans on and no glasses."

Maybe his later statements were made about the jeans and glasses were attempts trying to help Darlie.

Jeana (DP)
04-04-2005, 04:05 PM
I went back to the Routier site today and saw that it's been posted that Judge Francis ruled on her habeaus corpus petition and "ignored" her request for DNA testing and that Routier has filed a mandamus petition with the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals asking that it require Judge Francis to comply with ordering DNA testing. I didn't see a date when that was filed. Maybe I missed it. Does anyone know how long it will take the Criminal Appeals court to respond?

Is the ruling from the Criminal Appeals the one they are still waiting on?

If the state court did just recently deny the discovery motion, the defense will likely appeal that decision. However, the deadline for them to file their federal appeal stands and they've got until some date in December to do so.

dasgal
04-04-2005, 07:36 PM
I kinda wish they would retest the DNA. All evidence leads to her, and I am sure that will be no different.

It would finally close the door for a whole lot of people who still hang with her. They need closure, IMO.

mollymalone
04-05-2005, 01:11 AM
If the state court did just recently deny the discovery motion, the defense will likely appeal that decision. However, the deadline for them to file their federal appeal stands and they've got until some date in December to do so.How many more appeals does she have? If this federal appeal is denied where does she go then?

mollymalone
04-05-2005, 01:12 AM
I kinda wish they would retest the DNA. All evidence leads to her, and I am sure that will be no different.

It would finally close the door for a whole lot of people who still hang with her. They need closure, IMO.There's a lot of those people who will never ever believe she's guilty, no matter what testing is done, no matter what testimony is given. Even if they tested the DNA and all roads led to Darlie, her supporters will say it was the lab's fault, anybody's fault but hers. IMO

cami
04-05-2005, 08:31 AM
How many more appeals does she have? If this federal appeal is denied where does she go then?

The Federal habeas appeals begin when Darlie files a petition for habeas review with the US 5th District Court. If the writ of habeas corpus is denied by the District Court, the appeal can then move to the US Circuit Court. If the Circuit Court denies the appeal, the inmate can again ask the US Supreme Court for certiorari review. As with certiorari after the direct appeal, the US Supreme Court rarely agrees to hear and consider such cases. If denied a hearing from the US Supreme Court, an execution date is set and the final appeal left to Darlie is to ask for clemency or commutation from the parole board Texas. If this is denied, her execution is carried out, unless another court intervenes for some reason.

I got this info long ago from another poster on c&j, rabid armadillo. Used with her permission.

dasgal
04-05-2005, 02:00 PM
There's a lot of those people who will never ever believe she's guilty, no matter what testing is done, no matter what testimony is given. Even if they tested the DNA and all roads led to Darlie, her supporters will say it was the lab's fault, anybody's fault but hers. IMO
I dunno. Ive met several of them, used to be one myself, and saw lots of other leave ranks along the way. They are really not a close minded bunch of people. Ok, some of them have ego issues whereas they can never admit to being wrong, ever, but most of them are thinking reasoning people. Having been on the other side, I know how it works, and it's mainly by phonecalls with all sorts of gossip being told. Until they get away from that, it will be hard for them to change their minds.
But the more evidence you heap on her, the more doubt you dispell, the more I see people walk away from her. Like I said, they are a pretty good bunch, they are just passionate about their beliefs. It's too bad their information is no good.

mollymalone
04-05-2005, 08:51 PM
I dunno. Ive met several of them, used to be one myself, and saw lots of other leave ranks along the way. They are really not a close minded bunch of people. Ok, some of them have ego issues whereas they can never admit to being wrong, ever, but most of them are thinking reasoning people. Having been on the other side, I know how it works, and it's mainly by phonecalls with all sorts of gossip being told. Until they get away from that, it will be hard for them to change their minds.
But the more evidence you heap on her, the more doubt you dispell, the more I see people walk away from her. Like I said, they are a pretty good bunch, they are just passionate about their beliefs. It's too bad their information is no good.I'm sure there are those who are open minded, I was referring to those who are closest to her, or the more insistent ones.

I re-read the autopsy reports for the children. Appalling. I don't recall hearing how the abrasions on the children occurred.

Did you know the female author that wrote a book about Darlie that talked about her guilt, then wrote one in favor of her innocence ended up with legal trouble herself?

mollymalone
04-05-2005, 08:53 PM
The Federal habeas appeals begin when Darlie files a petition for habeas review with the US 5th District Court. If the writ of habeas corpus is denied by the District Court, the appeal can then move to the US Circuit Court. If the Circuit Court denies the appeal, the inmate can again ask the US Supreme Court for certiorari review. As with certiorari after the direct appeal, the US Supreme Court rarely agrees to hear and consider such cases. If denied a hearing from the US Supreme Court, an execution date is set and the final appeal left to Darlie is to ask for clemency or commutation from the parole board Texas. If this is denied, her execution is carried out, unless another court intervenes for some reason.

I got this info long ago from another poster on c&j, rabid armadillo. Used with her permission.Thank you. So she has at least another year or two or more before her appeals run out.

dasgal
04-06-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm sure there are those who are open minded, I was referring to those who are closest to her, or the more insistent ones.

I re-read the autopsy reports for the children. Appalling. I don't recall hearing how the abrasions on the children occurred.

Did you know the female author that wrote a book about Darlie that talked about her guilt, then wrote one in favor of her innocence ended up with legal trouble herself?
Yes, I knew her even before she wrote the book. She worked in Fort Worth's Victim assistance office. I was an officer at the time, and was bitten by a man with aids and she was one of the people there who helped me out.
I spoke with her A TON after she changed her mind. She's a very good woman, very well intentioned, but Chris Brown got to her with some bogus information that as far as I know, she believes to this day. I can't blame her for falling for it. I fell for it too, and of all people I should have caught it much earlier than I did.

mollymalone
04-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Yes, I knew her even before she wrote the book. She worked in Fort Worth's Victim assistance office. I was an officer at the time, and was bitten by a man with aids and she was one of the people there who helped me out.
I spoke with her A TON after she changed her mind. She's a very good woman, very well intentioned, but Chris Brown got to her with some bogus information that as far as I know, she believes to this day. I can't blame her for falling for it. I fell for it too, and of all people I should have caught it much earlier than I did.Sorry to hear you were bitten like that. Who is Chris Brown?

Jeana (DP)
04-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Sorry to hear you were bitten like that. Who is Chris Brown?

Christopher W. Brown is a first-time "author," who wrote "Media Tried, Justice Denied." He actually believed that he was riding in on a white horse to save Darlie's life, but actually what he did was knock quite a few "not guilties" to "guilties," by providing some of the most damaging photographs available. Apparently, the book has now been "sold out." Some believe that the defense finally wised up and burned all they could (along with the "support Darlie" bumperstickers. :rolleyes:

mollymalone
04-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Christopher W. Brown is a first-time "author," who wrote "Media Tried, Justice Denied." He actually believed that he was riding in on a white horse to save Darlie's life, but actually what he did was knock quite a few "not guilties" to "guilties," by providing some of the most damaging photographs available. Apparently, the book has now been "sold out." Some believe that the defense finally wised up and burned all they could (along with the "support Darlie" bumperstickers. :rolleyes:
:doh: I read that thing!! I wasn't impressed.

dasgal
04-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Sorry to hear you were bitten like that. Who is Chris Brown?Scared the crud out of me for a few years but everything ended up being ok.
Chris wrote Media Tried/Justice Denied in favor of Darlie. It's the one with all the Crime Scene photos in it.

Edited to add-Oops! Asked and answered. LOL.

Jeana (DP)
04-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Scared the crud out of me for a few years but everything ended up being ok.
Chris wrote Media Tried/Justice Denied in favor of Darlie. It's the one with all the Crime Scene photos in it.

Edited to add-Oops! Asked and answered. LOL.

so, is he still hot for you these days???? ;) ;) ;)

mollymalone
04-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Scared the crud out of me for a few years but everything ended up being ok.

Edited to add-Oops! Asked and answered. LOL.I can't even imagine your state of mind during that time. Glad it ended up ok. Scary is an understatement! I read that book two and a half weeks ago. You can tell I was so impressed - I forgot the author's name. heh heh. I found it rather slyly written to angle the reader towards feeling that LE was solely to blame for the real killers being left to roam free.

dasgal
04-07-2005, 12:40 PM
I can't even imagine your state of mind during that time. Glad it ended up ok. Scary is an understatement! I read that book two and a half weeks ago. You can tell I was so impressed - I forgot the author's name. heh heh. I found it rather slyly written to angle the reader towards feeling that LE was solely to blame for the real killers being left to roam free.
Yeah, Chris is a trip and a half but sometimes I honestly don't think he believes it in his own heart. I sometimes feel like he sees this as some sort of Celebrity for himself or some kind of way to make money. He's honestly not an idiot and he loves tricking people. He figures if he can trick you, you are stupid. If he can't trick you, then you are someone worthy of his time. I know it's strange but I've known the guy for years. Even like him in his weird ways, but haven't spoken to him at all in about a year. No doubt though, I could pick up the phone right this second and we would be on a one hour call. I just don't want the mind games. I'm pretty much off of the whole side investigative thing and on to my photography and new life. Although I still like reading and discussing the case, I really can't be all that bothered with it anymore. Darlie will eventually die for her crimes. I have finally come to peace with her guilt. It's a hard thing to think of a woman, to plunge a huge knife into the children she gave birth to........but after many years of trying to find a way that she might be innocent, I only found that she soley, is guilty.

mollymalone
04-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Yeah, Chris is a trip and a half but sometimes I honestly don't think he believes it in his own heart. I sometimes feel like he sees this as some sort of Celebrity for himself or some kind of way to make money. He's honestly not an idiot and he loves tricking people. He figures if he can trick you, you are stupid. If he can't trick you, then you are someone worthy of his time. I know it's strange but I've known the guy for years. Even like him in his weird ways, but haven't spoken to him at all in about a year. No doubt though, I could pick up the phone right this second and we would be on a one hour call. I just don't want the mind games. I'm pretty much off of the whole side investigative thing and on to my photography and new life. Although I still like reading and discussing the case, I really can't be all that bothered with it anymore. Darlie will eventually die for her crimes. I have finally come to peace with her guilt. It's a hard thing to think of a woman, to plunge a huge knife into the children she gave birth to........but after many years of trying to find a way that she might be innocent, I only found that she soley, is guilty.Like SP, as soon as I heard the circumstances of the case, I felt Darlie was guilty. My op hasn't changed since.

Reading his book, I had the impression that one moment he was praising LE, Darin and Darlie, and then slyly led towards Darlie was guilty and then it was oops! LE pointed the finger too soon, and then lo and behold, she was innocent. The manner in which he did it was so obvious I was disgusted.

I have to say I didn't find the book all that well written. No where near the class of writer as Ann Rule. I think you're right, he got the publicity he was after, but it's not a book I'd have on my shelf. Darlie has x amount of time left and then she'll be executed and Darin and Drake can get on with their lives.

dasgal
04-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Well it's not as if a book can crucify her, nor can it set her free. The evidence was what it was and no amount of manipulation can change that.

Yes, I agree that she will go to her death, but I don't think it will be anytime soon.

mollymalone
04-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Well it's not as if a book can crucify her, nor can it set her free. The evidence was what it was and no amount of manipulation can change that.

Yes, I agree that she will go to her death, but I don't think it will be anytime soon.Several more years at least, depending on the length of time the appeals at this stage usually take.The evidence pointed to one person, and that was Darlie. I saw a statement by Darrin saying he supports her but he doesn't want to be charged with any bs either. Supporting and believing her are two different things. He has his quirks, but this has to be hard for him and Drake.

Jeana (DP)
04-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Several more years at least, depending on the length of time the appeals at this stage usually take.The evidence pointed to one person, and that was Darlie. I saw a statement by Darrin saying he supports her but he doesn't want to be charged with any bs either. Supporting and believing her are two different things. He has his quirks, but this has to be hard for him and Drake.

She'll get a little while longer than most people on death row in Texas. No. 1, she's female, they do seem to take longer; No. 2, the transcript errors have slowed things down (and rightly so).

mollymalone
04-08-2005, 09:43 AM
She'll get a little while longer than most people on death row in Texas. No. 1, she's female, they do seem to take longer; No. 2, the transcript errors have slowed things down (and rightly so).I agree.

Kaly
05-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Is her execution scheduled yet? Whoever is doing her website sure is doing a great job. But it doesn't change the fact that she is guilty as hell.

Jeana (DP)
05-16-2005, 08:58 AM
Is her execution scheduled yet? Whoever is doing her website sure is doing a great job. But it doesn't change the fact that she is guilty as hell.

No, not yet.

Kaly
05-22-2005, 08:26 PM
What was in the latest Court decision about her breast implants? I saw it on her site, and it was a lot to read.

Mary456
05-23-2005, 09:40 PM
What was in the latest Court decision about her breast implants?

The judges have asked Darlie to donate her 36 triple Ds to the boob bank when she dies. :rolleyes:

cami
05-24-2005, 08:12 AM
The judges have asked Darlie to donate her 36 triple Ds to the boob bank when she dies. :rolleyes:

LOL, Mary.

I see aande is doing a program on women on death row on Tuesday night. I wonder if we'll see Darlie?

Kaly
05-26-2005, 04:15 AM
The judges have asked Darlie to donate her 36 triple Ds to the boob bank when she dies. :rolleyes:Are you serious?

Kalypso

Jeana (DP)
05-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Are you serious?

Kalypso

No darlin, she's not.

cami
05-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Are you serious?

Kalypso

No kali, she's only joking, she's quite a hoot Mary is.

Goody
05-26-2005, 06:21 PM
What was in the latest Court decision about her breast implants? I saw it on her site, and it was a lot to read.
Maybe she has finally come to her senses and wants to unload them.

Mary456
05-27-2005, 12:46 AM
LOL, Mary.

I see aande is doing a program on women on death row on Tuesday night. I wonder if we'll see Darlie?

Did you watch it? I did, and they didn't cover our Darlie. I saw Thelma Barker or whatever her name was (poisoned a bunch of people) and that woman who killed a cop because she was afraid he was going to hurt her husband. Don't know why she was so worried. Good grief, their car had enough guns and ammunition to take out an entire police academy.

I'll bet when they contacted Darlie for an interview she was doing a pearl stitch on one of those baby blankets and didn't want to lose her rhythm.

cami
05-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Did you watch it? I did, and they didn't cover our Darlie. I saw Thelma Barker or whatever her name was (poisoned a bunch of people) and that woman who killed a cop because she was afraid he was going to hurt her husband. Don't know why she was so worried. Good grief, their car had enough guns and ammunition to take out an entire police academy.

I'll bet when they contacted Darlie for an interview she was doing a pearl stitch on one of those baby blankets and didn't want to lose her rhythm.

LOL, you fool. I've seen it before but I didn't realize that until they played it. I didn't remember that Thelma Barfield is her name was featured though so that was new to me anyway.

That Lynn one, she was a nut wasn't she. Trying to justify why she shot that cop. No remorse for taking a life whatsoever. How cold can you be. I wonder if she went kicking and screaming as she said she would.

Kaly
05-29-2005, 05:00 AM
No wonder people don't like her. She looks so hung up on herself and conscious of how she looks in nearly every photo or documentary I've ever seen. Most people of average intelligence can pick up on that sort of vanity and self-absorption right away.

Being a sympathetic offender is the only thing that any of them has going for themselves! If they don't have that, then what have they got to keep followers?