PDA

View Full Version : FL FL - Bryan Hayes, 13, & Mark Degner, 12, Jacksonville, 10 Feb 2005

ShowerSinger
02-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Missing 11 days now.
www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=32...

Hope this link works. If not, maybe someone else can try.

So scary to think of these 2, being on their own, especially this long.

ariel7
02-21-2005, 08:48 PM
So scary to think of these 2, being on their own, especially this long.

I know what you mean! Prayers for their safe return!

amandab
02-24-2005, 01:42 PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/news-article.aspx?storyid=32851

A third boy was to run away with Bryan and Mark; it sounds like he is helping authorities try to find the missing boys.

ShowerSinger
02-25-2005, 12:23 AM
I am seriously worried about these boys!
New article, and now a reward:

www.news4jax.com/news/4228732/detail.html

ariel7
03-02-2005, 11:12 AM
I am seriously worried about these boys!
New article, and now a reward:

www.news4jax.com/news/4228732/detail.html

Any news?

It's been an awulf long time.:( They just couldn't've been on their own
this whole time, could they?

I'm worried,too.

Hope you'll keep us up to date.

Love & prayers,

Ariel

CaliKid
03-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Children, even the preteens who think they're so grown up, have absolutely NO idea of the dangers they face when they run away like this. It does seem unlikely that they have been on the run for nearly four weeks unaided. Lets hope they didn't run into any weirdos. Florida seems full of them.

ShowerSinger
03-04-2005, 02:10 PM
NOW, police suspect foul-play, and think a sexual predator is involved. Reward is upped to $6000.

ShowerSinger
03-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Could someone PLEASE get a link for these boys pictures. I am worried sick about these two boys.
I CAN'T BELIEVE there are 65, yes 65 registered sex offenders in the immediate area of Paxon Middle School! UNREAL!!! These boys could be anywhere, by now. Please help get the word out in ANYWAY that you can!
Thank You!

ariel7
03-07-2005, 04:12 AM
Could someone PLEASE get a link for these boys pictures. I am worried sick about these two boys.
I CAN'T BELIEVE there are 65, yes 65 registered sex offenders in the immediate area of Paxon Middle School! UNREAL!!! These boys could be anywhere, by now. Please help get the word out in ANYWAY that you can!
Thank You!

:( I am sick to the pit of my stomach! :(
I can't believe they haven't been found yet!
65 registered?! That's probably just hte tip of the iceberg.
:(

ShowerSinger
03-09-2005, 02:23 AM
I saw a brief blurb on GVS tonight, then, there was breaking news of an explosion in Bagdad. Hopefully, she'll pick this story up tomorrow night. (Better yet, she won't have to, and they'll be found safely.)
Praying for these boys, and their families!

Jeana (DP)
03-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Thank You!

The link posted above contains their photographs. Its:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/news-article.aspx?storyid=32851

Jenn
03-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Praying for their safe return!

ariel7
03-14-2005, 08:55 AM
This story just brings tears to my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( *sigh* :(

Is there any update???

Are there no missing posters????

Wishing, wishing, wishing this kind of thing NEVER happened.
Praying for the miracle of a safe return...
praying for their families!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much love in the Lord Jesus,

Ariel (heartsick :( )

ShowerSinger
03-17-2005, 10:06 PM
STILL MISSING!!!
I can't believe that these 2 young boys have not been found yet. The reports say they are both developmentally delayed, bi-polar, and need daily medication. Yet, nothing. No phone calls home, c'mon!!! Something is WAY wrong here! I'm outraged!!! No confirmed anything, as far as them being alive. I mean, they've got to eat, sleep somewhere. And, neither one of them have made contact with family or friends???
RED FLAGS ALL OVER THIS ONE!!!
ALERT THE MEDIA!!!
EMERGENCY!!!!
Please, pray for their safe return!!!!!!

Jeana (DP)
03-18-2005, 01:20 PM
STILL MISSING!!!
I can't believe that these 2 young boys have not been found yet. The reports say they are both developmentally delayed, bi-polar, and need daily medication. Yet, nothing. No phone calls home, c'mon!!! Something is WAY wrong here! I'm outraged!!! No confirmed anything, as far as them being alive. I mean, they've got to eat, sleep somewhere. And, neither one of them have made contact with family or friends???
RED FLAGS ALL OVER THIS ONE!!!
ALERT THE MEDIA!!!
EMERGENCY!!!!
Please, pray for their safe return!!!!!!

I know! What the hell?????? How come we're not hearing about these boys? Why no family members on television???? Why don't they rate a few minutes of news time????

ariel7
03-18-2005, 01:29 PM
I know! What the hell?????? How come we're not hearing about these boys? Why no family members on television???? Why don't they rate a few minutes of news time????
A M E N !

I couldn't agree more. This is disturbing beyond all measure!!!!!!!!!!

CinnamonGirl
03-23-2005, 09:06 AM
I live in Florida and have never seen anything about them on TV,I found out about them here.

lady-eowyn
03-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Ditto Cinnamon...of course our news here in Tampa was pretty much saturated with the Schiavo case...even little Jessica seemed to take a backseat to that.

I pray that they are safe....God please let them be safe

kgeaux
03-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Maybe there is little to no media coverage on these boys because they left on their own. But in my mind, there is no way a 12 year old boy could be gone from home this long without being endangered. I hope that they are off on a great adventure, that the worst they are facing is hunger and cold. But I fear they have faced far worse than that.

Amore68
03-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Amore~
My heart goes out to you. May God give you patience.
:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Thanks, Lakergirl! I need all the support I can get. :blowkiss:

CaliKid
03-26-2005, 12:29 AM
I don't care if they ran away or not. A 12 year old is unequiped to deal with being out on his own, and I LE is taking their disappearance seriously, especially since they need meds and don't have them.

cdt0283
03-27-2005, 04:09 AM
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but I heard the search for the boys has shifted to the south, possibly Volusia County in Florida.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/4297896/detail.html

Rocky
03-31-2005, 05:00 PM
"Authorities said 13-year-old Brian Hayes and 12-year-old Mark Degner walked away from Paxon Middle School on Feb. 10. An aggressive search by the parents and Jacksonville police has turned up reports that the boys were sighted in north Jacksonville in the first two weeks after they disappeared."

Timex
04-01-2005, 01:54 AM
moved from missing info and support forum. This is the forum to use for discussion. please keep the other forum for information and support only

Timex
04-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Where are the parents for these two boys? They don't seem to care. Is anything being done to find them?

CaliKid
View Public Profile
Send a private message to CaliKid
Send email to CaliKid
Find all posts by CaliKid
Add CaliKid to Your Buddy List

#18 03-22-2005, 03:03 AM
pardilia
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKid
Where are the parents for these two boys? They don't seem to care. Is anything being done to find them?

If they cared, they probably wouldn't have felt the need to run away in the first place. Poor things. =(

pardilia
View Public Profile
Send a private message to pardilia
Send email to pardilia
Find all posts by pardilia
Add pardilia to Your Buddy List

Timex
04-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Amore68
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2003

Slow down the accusations! My daughter is bi-polar and 12 yrs old and she thought she wanted to run away. I care very much about my daughter and have her in counseling and on meds. Bi-polar makes you think that things are much worse than they actually are. When my daughter hasn't had her meds, she totally over reacts to the simplest things. She told me this morning that I was spreading lies about her because I talked to her counselor. It's the disease that makes her say those things, and it's my job to help her through it. It's very hard to help a child with this. Very hard. I do everything that I can. I try to be understanding, and believe me, they push your buttons. They will push buttons you didn't even know you had. I feel sorry for these boys, because they are scared and lonely and afraid, but their disease makes them think that they are very grand and very cool for having run away. It's really a very sad situation. My thoughts go out to them...

Amore68
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Amore68
Send email to Amore68
Find all posts by Amore68
Add Amore68 to Your Buddy List

#20 03-24-2005, 07:17 AM
Lakergirl123
If you want breakfast in bed, you better sleep in the kitchen! Join Date: Apr 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore68
Slow down the accusations! My daughter is bi-polar and 12 yrs old and she thought she wanted to run away. I care very much about my daughter and have her in counseling and on meds. Bi-polar makes you think that things are much worse than they actually are. When my daughter hasn't had her meds, she totally over reacts to the simplest things. She told me this morning that I was spreading lies about her because I talked to her counselor. It's the disease that makes her say those things, and it's my job to help her through it. It's very hard to help a child with this. Very hard. I do everything that I can. I try to be understanding, and believe me, they push your buttons. They will push buttons you didn't even know you had. I feel sorry for these boys, because they are scared and lonely and afraid, but their disease makes them think that they are very grand and very cool for having run away. It's really a very sad situation. My thoughts go out to them...

Amore~
My heart goes out to you. May God give you patience.

ariel7
04-01-2005, 05:31 AM
I don't care if they ran away or not. A 12 year old is unequiped to deal with being out on his own, and I LE is taking their disappearance seriously, especially since they need meds and don't have them.

AMEN!

I wish people took runaways more seriously. :(

with much love,

Ariel

Jeana (DP)
04-04-2005, 04:11 PM
I saw this at www.courttv.com

Could this be the two boys (I pray its not)

Disappearance in the Desert

The remains of two teenaged boys were discovered in the desert, north of Los Angeles. Through cutting edge forensics the experts at North Mission Road were able to re-hydrate the index fingers to take fingerprints and then identify the victims. But would this be enough to find their killers?

ISPTRAX
04-04-2005, 04:53 PM
The link is to their homepage. Where is the link to the actual story? I couldn't find the story.

Jeana (DP)
04-04-2005, 05:37 PM
The link is to their homepage. Where is the link to the actual story? I couldn't find the story.

That's all it says, but its on the right side of the screen where it says "Tonight on CourtTV" "Evening Highlights."

RLM
04-05-2005, 12:33 PM
OMG'sh did you read this story--I have read ALOT of awful things that has gone on

in this world and anything that happens to a child is awful but this story really goes above and beyond anything that I have
ever thought I would come across. Read the story about Will & Melissa Gaston.:behindbar :blushing:
http://www.avoiceforchildren.com/

I am so horribly disturbed right now I don't know what else to say!

dacqueri
04-11-2005, 06:24 PM
It has been 60 days since the boys disappeared, and still no leads...I hope they are safe!

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=35313

CaliKid
04-12-2005, 12:27 AM
The fact that nobody has seen or heard anything really disturbs me. But have the parents spoken out yet to the media? They are the ones who need to be putting the story and these children's faces out there. Why aren't they doing it?

Jmann
04-18-2005, 03:13 PM
I noticed the family was canvasing Daytona this weekend, following up on a possible sighting. This was the first news coverage I have seen on these kids here in the Orlando area since since they disappeared months ago. Still no photos of the boys were shown, only the family passing out flyers!!! No link in the web site to the boys photos!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! It's almost like there is a concerted effort to avoid finding these boys!
http://www.cfnews13.com/seenon13.aspx

I have looked at the earlier sighting areas on a map, and noticed that the school, Hammond Park, "birdland", and Callahan lay along CSXT railroad tracks. If these boys are riding the rails, they could be far from Florida. They are also probably in even more danger. Not only is riding the rails dangerous, but they are going to meet a potentially dangerous group of people there. I hope the police/family have considered this and are using this in the search plan.

This just makes my heart ache every time I come on here and find that there is no new info. I'm sure the family is torn up over this, and I feel for them... but damn it, why can't anyone GET THESE BOYS FACES ON THE MEDIA!!! They need to be seen by all of the U.S. and on a regular basis until they are found. Less time needs to be spent walking the streets, and more on marketing the media so that everyone is looking for them.
These boys are going to end up neglected to death.. if it's not already too late.

Jmann
04-18-2005, 03:31 PM
OMG'sh did you read this story--I have read ALOT of awful things that has gone on

in this world and anything that happens to a child is awful but this story really goes above and beyond anything that I have
ever thought I would come across. Read the story about Will & Melissa Gaston.:behindbar :blushing:
http://www.avoiceforchildren.com/

I am so horribly disturbed right now I don't know what else to say!
This needs to be removed from this forum! These people are violent nuts prefering to live on the fringe, in trade for thier daughter.

blueclouds
04-18-2005, 06:30 PM
OK I'm stunned!!!!!!!! WTF??? NO pictures? What's with the families? Something weird is up with this. How bizarre. Who would be asking the public to look for their children without photos? This is very strange.

smidgeon
04-18-2005, 09:59 PM
There are pictures on the very first entry on this thread, page 1. It takes you to a paper, then click on news and then the missing boys story. The pictures came up for me.

Smidgeon

JMHO

teach
05-03-2005, 09:44 PM
What is happening with this case? I just found out about these boys missing last week. One of the boys just moved to Fla. this past summer. I worked with him in first grade, and had the pleasure of being his teacher last year for fifth grade. I have not seen ONE THING on TV about these 2 missing. Mark is not the type of kid to run off. He is very trusting and not street smart at all. Add to this his good looks, and you would understand why I have not had a good nights rest since hearing of his disappearance. Since they have been missing almost 3 months, I think it is about time that they get his picture across the United States. He would not know how to contact anyone for help (in other words how to call with an area code...) and he would be too scared to go to the police. Where is the media on this one? I know Mark, and know he would follow anyone's lead. He would think it was a "cool" idea for about the time it took to miss dinner and then he would be ready to go home. What is the news with this case--is it still being addressed in Fla.? My parents live near Orlando, and haven't heard anything about it...

ShowerSinger
05-15-2005, 12:53 AM
Bumping for the boys!
I can't believe these 2 haven't been found. It makes no sense. How are they living? Food, clothes, money...something is seriously wrong! No phone calls home? Where is the media?
Prayers for the boys, and their families.
I'm worried sick.

sharon25
05-15-2005, 01:08 AM
what ever happened with that case of the two teenage boys bodies found in the desert out west?

I am assuming that it wasn't them.

I hope that they are doing ok out there somewhere!

Gracelin
06-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Bump

Still no news on these boys, Only missing posters on the web, How sad..

http://www.lrcf.net/LRCTeam.org/BryanHayes/BryanHayes.html

http://www.lrcf.net/LRCTeam.org/MarkDegner/MarkDegner.html

CaliKid
06-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Either the parents are backward and don't know how to use the media or something weird is going on.

Dogfacesoldier00
06-07-2005, 08:42 PM
I've been reading items all over the net about the boys, I must say that a lot of people are fooled and misled about how the families are handling this. The family of Mark Degner was out everyday, all night handing out flyers, posting flyers and just getting the word out when this situation first came up, it was all over Jax news for several weeks at first. But now as time as passed by, the family is tired, getting no new leads and just plain exhausted, (they are still out when a new lead comes up and most weekends looking for clues) the media has not been interested because there have been no new leads, I know for a fact that the family tries to get these boys faces on the news (local, state, national, etc) everyday but to no avail! The Daytona news did a story because there was leads coming in from Daytona, the story could have been better. I have personally been out looking for anything on these two boys, I have passed out flyers and talked to hundreds of people from Callahan to Daytona and everywhere in between. We are still looking and hoping , we pray that they are alive and will be found shortly! So I ask before any assumptions are made, that you understand that we are trying our best out here and please pray with us that this ordeal will be over soon!

monkalup
06-07-2005, 09:29 PM
AMEN!

I wish people took runaways more seriously. :(

with much love,

Ariel

I do not understand why any child of such tender years would not automatically be considered endangered. and then you add the medicals problems these poor boys had and it is unconscionable.

SewingDeb
06-07-2005, 09:30 PM
I've been reading items all over the net about the boys, I must say that a lot of people are fooled and misled about how the families are handling this. The family of Mark Degner was out everyday, all night handing out flyers, posting flyers and just getting the word out when this situation first came up, it was all over Jax news for several weeks at first. But now as time as passed by, the family is tired, getting no new leads and just plain exhausted, (they are still out when a new lead comes up and most weekends looking for clues) the media has not been interested because there have been no new leads, I know for a fact that the family tries to get these boys faces on the news (local, state, national, etc) everyday but to no avail! The Daytona news did a story because there was leads coming in from Daytona, the story could have been better. I have personally been out looking for anything on these two boys, I have passed out flyers and talked to hundreds of people from Callahan to Daytona and everywhere in between. We are still looking and hoping , we pray that they are alive and will be found shortly! So I ask before any assumptions are made, that you understand that we are trying our best out here and please pray with us that this ordeal will be over soon!

I'm praying with you. I posted info on another forum, too. I hope these boys are found safe and brought home soon.

CaliKid
06-07-2005, 11:36 PM
It just isn't right that the media is so willing to pick up some stories and totally ignore others. Two pre-teen boys who were in need of meds and traveling together, even if they were runaways, should've been big news. National news. Instead, the media ignored it.

fourboys
06-10-2005, 07:57 AM
By Jeff Libby | Sentinel Staff Writer
Posted June 10, 2005

HOLLY HILL -- On a Saturday afternoon in April, storeowners across from a Riverside Drive park saw two boys sitting on the grass with bedrolls and fishing poles, chowing down on junk food.

Two weeks later, the same two boys were thought to have been spotted outside a nearby grocery store on LPGA Boulevard, police say.

But despite the apparent sightings, for four months now, Bryan Hayes, 13, of Port Orange and Mark Degner, 12, of Jacksonville have remained missing.

Holly Hill police renewed a call for help locating the youths on Thursday at the request of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. The boys are considered endangered runaways, police said.

Jacksonville police have been searching for the boys since Feb. 10 when they walked off a Jacksonville middle school campus after an altercation with a teacher. The boys had no money and no extra clothes.

"We're pretty well just crying out," said Detective Hal Lloyd of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. "If they're out and about, if they're stealing lunch meat from a store, I just want their faces out there so somebody might recognize them. I don't want interest in them to die."

Jacksonville police are offering an $8,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of the boys.

Investigators say they are "very confident" that at least the first Holly Hill sighting was Mark and Bryan.

Of the more than 800,000 children younger than 18 reported missing each year, 94 percent are located and returned home, said Gary Gardiner, a senior case manager for the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

"We never give up of, course," Gardiner said. "Somebody's going to see them out in that community."

The national center has put up posters of the two boys in Wal-Marts throughout the Southeast and has targeted hotels, motels, gas stations and convenience stores in Daytona Beach, Holly Hill, Jacksonville and Panama City, Gardiner said.

Both boys are considered "developmentally delayed" by the Jacksonville school system, police said. Bryan also takes medication for a kidney ailment and high blood pressure, said his grandmother, Alene Hayes of Port Orange.

"We're very concerned," Hayes said by phone Thursday. "We haven't heard a thing. But we're still hopeful."

Bryan had been living at a group home in Jacksonville since October, Hayes said, and was finally getting treatment she had sought for him for years.

"He was as happy and doing as well as I had ever seen," Hayes said.

Bryan also called home regularly, Hayes said. When she visited him he seemed to be thrilled with his new friends at the group home.

But on Feb. 10, after Mark argued with a teacher, Bryan ran to him, and the two boys left the campus, Hayes said.

After a newspaper ad featured the two boys in April, law-enforcement officials received a few calls of sightings in the Holly Hill area. Holly Hill police searched the parks and placed posters in businesses. But no tips have been called in since mid-April, Lloyd said.

"No one has seen them," said Gina Baker, an investigator for Holly Hill police. "But I don't know if it's really known that these children are missing. That's why we're asking for the media's help."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-locvmissing10061005jun10,0,4339349.story?coll=orl-news-headlines-volusia

ShowerSinger
06-24-2005, 01:39 PM
My heart breaks every single day for these darlings. Something is terribly wrong here! I'm so worried. The media has abandoned this story, yet I want them back! Please, get the word out, and find these children. Prayers, and then some for the family and workers.

nvfc
06-25-2005, 08:24 PM
http://nvfc.us/content/view/21/55/

mysteriew
07-13-2005, 08:53 PM
After an argument with a teacher on a Thursday afternoon in February, 12-year-old Mark Degner burst out of his classroom and ran down a hallway, banging a pencil sharpener against the lockers.

Outside, he found Bryan Hayes, 13, another developmentally disabled student who, like him, takes medication for emotional and behavioral issues.

The two friends were new to Paxon Middle School in Jacksonville. Mark had moved from Indiana, Bryan from Port Orange. After a stop in a dugout on the campus, they walked across a baseball field and slipped through a fence.

No one from their families has seen them since.

The two boys left school about 1:15 p.m. on Feb. 10 without book bags, cell phones or money, said Linda Alligood, Mark's mother, in Jacksonville. Neither is street-smart, and both have the emotional development of children three to five years younger.

Not long before the disappearance, Mark let a man at a park borrow his bike, she said, and he was surprised when the man never brought it back. Mark would likely be the first person to follow a stranger to help find a lost pet, Alligood said.

"I don't want to think of them being harmed. I want to think they're still safe," Alligood said. "It's sad to say, but I think someone is holding them."

Jacksonville police insist they have found no evidence of foul play.

Mark and Bryan disappeared a day after school officials caught them trying to slip away from the buses at the end of the school day. But even if they had planned to run away, they left with nothing.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-asecvmissing13071305jul13,0,4645998.story?page=3&coll=orl-home-headlines

ShowerSinger
08-01-2005, 03:10 AM
I'm devastated for these boys families. I would LOVE to believe that they are fine, and taken care of. BUT, reality screams this is WAY WRONG! I know, not that high of a reward fund, but these little boys are GONE!!!
I can't even imagine the pain these parents are going through.
THis evil is in our own backyards. The police wonder if it isn't a psycho/sexual perv abduction????
THe facts say the boys need meds.????
I'm wondering if they are still ALIVE!!
To me, this should be all over the news.
A little too late, but FIND THESE BOYS!!!
I'm losing sleep.
THIS SHOULD BE PRIORITY#1!!!!

Hugs & Prayers.......
PLEASE FIND THESE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

CaliKid
08-06-2005, 02:27 AM
Awhile back there were two bodies found in the California desert which could've been these children's. Does anyone know if they were ever identified?

mysteriew
08-06-2005, 03:12 AM
Awhile back there were two bodies found in the California desert which could've been these children's. Does anyone know if they were ever identified?

Can you remember where out west? Even the state? Which desert? Approx date? Any thing more?

mysteriew
08-06-2005, 03:15 AM
This needs to be removed from this forum! These people are violent nuts prefering to live on the fringe, in trade for thier daughter.

I am sorry, I just noticed your post. Welcome to WS.
Can you give us more info? I take it you know the family, or have heard something about them? What do you mean they live on the fringe, in trade for their daughter? They are violent? Can you give us more of the history?

GOLDHEARTNUMB
08-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Why would these kids be going south along I-95? Granted these boys are challanged in ways, but the one of the boy's mother lived north of Jacksonville (I think Indiana or another state?). Wouldn't it make more sense if they were running away to head north along I-95 or even west along I-10, or even north along Highway 17 which is less busy and mostly consists of a two lane road through a majority of it? Why Daytona?

I do remember when this story first broke too, it was all over the news on t.v. and the newspapers here. It is sad that people lose interest over time, and the media choose to by pass them for more exciting stories.

In the slim chance these boys are still out there wandering around, I hope they will be found. Unfortunately, the more time that passes the less likely it will be a good outcome.

ShowerSinger
09-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Please, Lord bring them home.

ShowerSinger
09-22-2005, 03:32 AM
Someone knows something. No family contact, no money, food, etc. This is NOT right. I pray LE picks up something. I'm seriously thinking some pedophile is involved. There were just sooo many near the school, and those numbers were just the ones who were registered.

ShowerSinger
11-01-2005, 05:24 PM
The families recorded a segment on the boys October 21st. It was to air on October 28th. I hope some of you all got to catch it.

ShowerSinger
01-14-2006, 03:03 AM
The worry never ends. Thinking of this duo, and dismayed, there is no, NO information for their families. Please, these detectives need to have a fire lit under them. These boys need to be found. As of now, there is NOTHING. NOTHING on this case. I'll never forget, or stop praying. Please. Keep the media on their a**e*!
This should never, ever happen in our world.

KT Can
01-14-2006, 05:20 AM
I think about these boys every day and I still pray for them and thier families. I don't think that they could have masterminded thier own disappearance for this long. They might have initially made some bad decisions, but they are not intentionally still missing after all of this time. NO WAY! Someone knows something. No family contact, no money, food, etc. It's NOT right. They disappeared from school right? Have all of the school employees been checked out (ie. janitors, contractors, coaches, etc.)?

CrimeHater
01-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Where in the world are they??? This must be devistating for the families!! Its hard to imagine since there were two of them that noone has seen anything. Some sicko probably took advantage of these boy's vulnerbility!

Bobbisangel
01-15-2006, 05:14 AM
Boy, it's close to a year since these boys disappeared. I wonder if it is even possible that they are still alive as it seems impossible that they could take care of themselves out in this horrible world. I just wonder if some pervert befriended them making them think he was their friend and wanted to help them.

Did their pictures ever get out so that people would know what they look like?
Maybe if LE contacted Nancy she would do a segment on the boys. She did two full nights on Tara. It seems that she could take a few minutes and get the story of these two boys with pictures out there.

I can't imagine being in the shoes of these parents not knowing a thing. I feel so bad for them. I hope something breaks in this case....soon.

PonderingThings
02-11-2006, 05:03 PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=51470
(http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=51470)Photo at link

It's been one year since two boys from Paxon Middle School disappeared from the First Coast.

Thirteen-year-olds Bryan Hayes and Mark Degner left school and have not been seen by their families since.

On the one year anniversary, their families and other families who are missing loved ones let go a sea of yellow balloons with the boys' names on them.

"We just want you to know, Mark and Bryan, we love you and want you home with us," says Linda Alligood, who is Mark's mother.

Police say the boys' pictures have been shown across the country and leads continue to come into the JSO from the East Coast to the West Coast.

The families made a passionate plea for anyone who may have their sons to return them and promised to never stop searching.

Last year, nearly 50,000 kids disappeared in Florida. A good share of that number was runaways.

If you have any information about the boys' whereabouts, call our partner, First Coast Crime Stoppers, at 1-866-845-TIPS. You will remain anonymous and could be eligible for a cash reward up to $1,000.

Aunt_Tulip
02-12-2006, 10:03 PM
I was hoping there had been a break in the case when I saw the new posts. At least it sounds like the case is still active, they're still getting tips and following up.

Kelly
06-05-2006, 01:46 AM
Mark and Bryan have been added to Project Jason's Adopt a Missing Person program. Please consider helping reunite them with their families by wearing their photo buttons and sharing their story with others. For more details on how you can make a difference, please see:

http://www.projectjason.org/adopt.html
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

californiacarrie
08-15-2006, 03:54 AM
BUMP

I'm wondering if anyone here knows more about the "developmental delay" that these boys are classified with. I was always under the impression that they were severely emotionally disturbed - but that is not considered a developmental delay. I have so many thoughts and theories about these two boys but much of it is speculation so I can't exactly share. Anyway, if anyone knows exactly what developmental delay the boys are diagnosed with or if the use of the statement was in error, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

ShowerSinger
09-12-2006, 04:22 AM
I think of these boys daily, and pray they can be strong. I just don't know...given the time elapsed, and no real sightings...Then, I am not able to get the photo out of my head of those 3 boys tied up, and it makes me really wonder/hope they are still alive. And yes, the one boy is in need of medication...daily...
Makes one think there really is an active child sex slave ring going on....just maybe....
Dear God, please stop this insanity.
Bring relief to these children, and their parents.
Prayers for them, and theirs, everyday.
Bryan and Mark, :) you are NOT forgotten!

lymom3
09-12-2006, 07:32 AM
I saw this title and thought maybe they had been found somehow. I can hardly believe there is no trace of either one of these boys. They just aren't that old to be self sufficient. This is one of those cases that does come to mind frequently that I do wonder about.

missacorah
09-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Yes the fact that they are developmentally disadvantaged makes it even more frightening that they may have wandered willingly into the clutches of a weirdo. Praying that these boys have not come to harm.

Beyond Belief
09-15-2006, 01:53 PM
I wonder where in the heck they are..............

kgeaux
09-15-2006, 06:39 PM
I wonder where in the heck they are..............

Did the press just drop this like a hot potato? I haven't heard a word on these boys in forever. Is there anyone right there in the area who can call the local media and ask for an update, ask that they PLEASE bring these boys to the forefront of at least the local news again??

After all this time, I'm not sure how much hope there is that these youngsters are alive, but maybe, just maybe they can still be recovered.

ShowerSinger
11-15-2006, 06:08 AM
I just can't imagine what has happened to these two, and what their parents must be feeling. Devastated, I'm sure. We're going on another Christmas here, with nada. I pray there is some renewed interest in this case. This should not be happening in the USA. Makes me want to do that implant thing to my own child. Has it really come to this? I guess so. GPS, cameras, internet lockouts. I remember when it wasn't like this. Now, it is absolutely essential for all citizens safety. (Cell phones, too. Aren't 911 calls free on cell phones, even if you are out of your zone?) This is one of the saddest stories I have ever heard about. No leads. Two YOUNG BOYS. How can this be? Someone KNOWS something. Really. I pray for them daily, as well as the families. I hope someone can at least print/relate an update. Until then...bumping for the boys.

mistivon
01-16-2007, 12:05 PM
JACKSONVILLE, FL -- It has been almost two years since Mark Degner and Bryan Hayes disappeared.

They were last seen walking away from Paxon Middle School.

But Mark's mom Linda Alligood says she is more hopeful than ever.

"You worry a lot more. It's been two years now, they can't take care of themselves, so someone must have them. Are they taking care of them like I would take care of them? It's scary," says Alligood.

But Alligood has new hope.

"There is hope, that they will be found," says Alligood.

She says seeing how missing teens Ben Ownby and Shawn Hornbeck were found in Missouri gives her that hope.

Her son Mark Degner and his friend Bryan Hayes both disappeared on February 10, 2005.

This week the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released pictures of the boys showing what they might look like now two years older.

"I had a really big chill not seeing him face to face but to see a picture of him at that age, it's like he's gotten a lot thinner and taller," says Alligood.

She says as calls and tips about her missing son have slowed down and stopped it's been hard to stay optimistic.

But she says the Missouri case has now taught her not to give up

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/spotlight/news-article.aspx?storyid=73374

KT Can
01-16-2007, 12:09 PM
I've been thinking about two little guys as well since Ben and Shawn were found. Where are these boys????? Why aren't they getting any media attention?????

bykerladi
03-03-2007, 11:03 PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?ref=rss&storyid=75749

Been over two years and still no news...

Marie
05-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Two Missing Jacksonville Boys Remembered (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=82811)

May 25 is a day set aside to remember missing children across the nation.

Linda Alligood knows all about this day. It's been 27 months since her son, Mark Degner, and his friend, Bryan Hayes, were last seen leaving Paxon Middle School.

Leads on possible spottings continue to pour into authorities. One was reported just last week in Jacksonville, but there wasn't enough information to follow.

"It just gets more and more difficult. Harder and harder, explaining to my eight-year-old, you know, we don't know where he's at we're trying to find them," says Alligood.

She always has a picture of son nearby. She's always showing anyone and telling everyone about him.

"I still pass out fliers, tell people he's missing...look for his face."

Authorities have used a computer program to show what Mark and Bryan may look like today.

Right now, there is a $10,000 reward available to anyone who can help lead police to the teens.

"You just don't know. You want to hear his voice, see his face, know that he's o.k," says Alligood.

Linda Alligood says she just holds on to the hope that her son will someday be found.

legendofcroft
05-26-2007, 03:38 AM
i really hope they find these boys......something in my gut says that they are alive and out there, in plain view.

missacorah
05-26-2007, 01:11 PM
They are surely with someone. They couldnt have got by for this long just the two of them. It just takes someone else to alert police to their suspicions and perhaps some fresh media interest!

jodierenee
10-01-2007, 12:34 AM
bumping. any updates?

Taximom
10-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Oh my gosh, this is so sad. I hope nothing bad happened to these boys. I'll be saying a prayer for them and their families tonight. Why don't they get news coverage? Probably because it's assumed they ran away? :(

Elphaba
10-01-2007, 03:23 AM
As of 9/10, they were still missing:

http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070910/NEWS01/70910026

jodierenee
12-20-2007, 08:32 PM
bumping.

MeoW333
12-22-2007, 10:19 PM
http://www.findmissingkids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=418

My fears are a pedophile got to them somehow and is hiding them; i could imagine it could be a scenario like the Shawn Hornbeck case..

Rle7
02-11-2008, 03:24 AM
It's a day of awareness and rememberance. Little yellow ribbons were passed out to signify the rememberance of not just the two young boys who disappeared three years ago Sunday, but for all those who've disappeared in Jacksonville.

"I need answers. Somebody did something wrong to my son that morning."

One mother's desperation for the truth is shared by everyone at the rally held in honor of the missing.

Three years ago another mother lost her son, Bryan Hayes.

"I love you. And I want you to come home."

On that day, Hayes was with Mark Degner.
Degner's mother has a similar message.

"I love you and still come home, no matter what," said Linda Alligood, Degner's mother.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/crimestoppers/news-article.aspx?storyid=102037

ShowerSinger
05-14-2008, 08:48 AM
It's been a little over three years now. These boys are now teenagers, or at least I hope they are still alive. I've been so worried, since day one that yes, a pedophile got them. Who's car did they get in? I do so hope that more schools will get WORKING surveillance cameras. I do believe that they would call home, if they could. Someone, somewhere, KNOWS. I wish the driver of that car would somehow "get a conscience."
Everyday, I pray for news, and hope they come home safe. And, I am so upset that this is such a "cold case" file. How can this happen in America?
Still praying for the boys, and their families. Come home, Bryan and Mark.

lisag
05-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Prayers that these boys are alive and will be found soon.

christine2448
05-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I just moved this to the discussion forum instead of support since the thread has gotten so long.

HesterMofet
11-08-2008, 01:42 PM
I was wondering if they were ever located. I did a search and couldn't find anything. My heart goes out to them and their parents because I work with kids like them and know how hard it can be on all involved. Kids who are DD and MI are so vulnerable as it is and these kids also had health problems so I fear for their safety. Three years is a long time to be gone.

HollywoodBound
11-09-2008, 03:27 PM
They are still listed on the charleyproject as missing:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/degner_mark.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hayes_bryan.html
Also, worth noting from CP:
They were last sighted together in Holly Hill, Florida in April 2005;
two people saw them and the sightings were confirmed by police, but a
search of the Holly Hill area afterwards turned up no sign of either of
the children.

ShowerSinger
04-03-2009, 11:50 PM
I saw somewhere that they did an age progression poster for the boys. I'll try to find it. Also, there was an abduction there recently of another boy, who said he was pulled into a car by two men, and managed to escape with his shirt being ripped. I'll try to find a link tpnight, if I can.

imamaze
08-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Bryan Hayes, and Mark Degner (http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/page.jsp?itemID=27043543)

If you have information concerning this case, please contact:
Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office (904) 630-0500 or (904) 630-2627
or The Polly Klaas® Foundation (800) 587-4357

America's Most Wanted (http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=30542)

The Charley Project: Bryan Hayes (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hayes_bryan.html)

The Charley Project: Mark Degner (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/degner_mark.html)

Debbie Miller
08-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Brian is said to have been in a group home, so no real parents to bother with, didn't see anything about the other boy's parents.

This is just sad. 4 years now and nothing.

GOLDHEARTNUMB
09-14-2009, 09:28 PM
http://www.news4jax.com/news/20898839/detail.html

They have released new age progressed photos of the two boys.

Texas Mist
02-10-2010, 01:35 PM
2 Paxon Students Vanished 5 Years Ago
High School Students Would Now Be 17, 18 Years Old

POSTED: Wednesday, February 10, 2010
UPDATED: 11:54 am EST February 10, 2010

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Five years ago Wednesday, two Paxon Middle School students disappeared walking home from school.

Mark Degner was 12 years old and Bryan Hayes was 13 years old when they walked away from school on Feb. 10, 2005. The two friends are believed to have run away together and despite sightings, no one has heard from them since.

Degner would now be 17 years old and Hayes would be 18 years old.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22521245/detail.html#

http://www.news4jax.com/2009/0914/20909015_240X135.jpg

Kimster
05-25-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.news4jax.com/news/23669521/detail.html

Mark Degner was 12 years old and Bryan Hayes was 13 years old when they walked away from school on Feb. 10, 2005. The two friends are believed to have run away together and despite sightings, no one has heard from them since.<snipped>

LMax
11-16-2010, 07:08 PM
bumping this up

tabacue
12-21-2010, 12:34 PM
I lived in Jacksonville when these boys went missing. Never thought they would be missing so many years later.

Rle7
02-06-2011, 08:39 PM
The disappearance of Bryan Hayes is a well-known story in Jacksonville. Now millions of people all over the country have a chance to learn about him and see what he may look like today.

Hayes, who disappeared in February 2005 when he was 13, is one of the first people featured in Comcast's new Missing Children On Demand program. Hayes would now be 19.

He and his friend Mark Degner, who was 12 at the time, disappeared while walking home from Paxon Middle School. They are believed to have run away together.

"It's possible that you know something that could help police solve one of their most difficult and heartbreaking cases," a spokeswoman on Comcasts' On Demand missing children video says. "The smaller photo shows what Bryan looked like then. The larger photo has been age progressed to show what Brian might look like at age 18."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/26730962/detail.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
02-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Bryan and Mark's case was briefly mentioned on Nancy Grace America's Missing. Clip here:

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/crime/2011/02/09/ng.americas.missing.02.09.hln

ShowerSinger
01-26-2013, 10:23 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/mark-degner-and-bryan-hayes-missing-boys-from-jacksonville-since-2005

This article was from 2011.....hasn't anyone done anything more? I think of these two boys often, and hope some news comes in.

Touching video of Preston Degner asking for help to find his son.

8 YEARS MISSING FEBRUARY 10th, 2013

ShowerSinger
02-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Thinking of these boys, as always. Praying they will be found safely, and reunited with their families.

summer_breeze
02-11-2013, 09:32 AM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topstories/article/297197/483/Devastated-families-still-have-no-closure---8-years-later?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Cbc%7Clarge

8:45 PM, Feb 10, 2013

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Eight years after two teenage boys disappeared from a Jacksonville middle school, their families still dream of seeing them again.

Gypseagirl
02-11-2013, 11:18 AM
:please:I hope they are safe wherever they are. I hope they come home soon. :please:

marycarney
02-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Never heard of this case before today- how awful!!!

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
05-19-2013, 07:10 PM
I can't believe that after 8+ years, Bryan and Mark are still labeled as runaways. They would be 21 and 20 now. So sad. :(

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
07-14-2013, 02:11 PM
10 Cases Of Students Vanishing From Their Schools

6- Bryan Hayes, Mark Denger

Thirteen-year-old Bryan Hayes and 12-year-old Mark Degner were developmentally disabled special needs students at Paxon Middle School in Jacksonville, Florida and happened to be best friends. At approximately 1:15 PM on February 10, 2005, the two boys got into an argument with a teacher and decided to run out of the school. A witness apparently saw Bryan getting into a car outside the building. Neither of the two boys has ever been seen again.

It was initially believed that both Bryan and Mark had chosen to run away. They had apparently told friends about their intentions to run away and a third boy was even planning to go with them before he ultimately backed out. The day before their disappearance, Bryan and Mark had been caught trying to sneak away from their bus after school ended. However, neither of them took any personal belongings, and their book bags and Bryan’s coat were left behind at the school. Both boys suffered from bipolar disorder, requiring daily medication to control their condition, but they did not have this medication with them when they disappeared. There were reported sightings of Bryan and Mark in Holly Hill, Florida two months later, but police could not find them there. Sadly, after eight years, there is still no trace of the two missing boys.

http://listverse.com/2013/07/11/10-cases-of-students-vanishing-from-their-schools/

Merry
04-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Bump.

London
05-06-2014, 05:21 PM
I've just come across this story, it's unbelievable. Just a 12 and 13 year old when they went missing. Thinking of them tonight, hoping they are safe somewhere.