PDA

View Full Version : VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

cluciano63
08-12-2013, 08:56 PM
JMO but how stupid to drive such a conspicuous vehicle...

Tonto
08-12-2013, 08:58 PM
I am sorry but I have to respectfully disagree, I don't see Alexis Murphy as the kind of person who would follow a strange man willingly. Wouldn't she have called her Dad first? I know that when I was her age and my car had trouble I called my Dad and just waited. Again JMO.

1. Posts from virtually everyone who either lives in the area or travels through it says that cell phone signals at that general location are sketchy at best.

2. The man was purportedly talking to her at the pump, and LE purportedly stated that his vehicle followed her out. I can think of no better explanation - especially if he turns out to be the 29 stalker. I mean, if he is the 29 stalker then it's his MO, and it's something he's clearly perfected over the years.

3. You'd be surprised how easy it is for a con and/or sociopath to fool someone - even those much more seasoned and acclimated to the cruel world than Alexis is.

Tonto
08-12-2013, 08:59 PM
JMO but how stupid to drive such a conspicuous vehicle...

Are you kidding me? It's camoflauged. Folks have evidently posted pics of it, but I have yet to see it.

tiredblondy
08-12-2013, 08:59 PM
:seeya: Oh my goodness, to all the new members I'd just like to say.....:welcome:

:wagon: :welcome5: :welcome4: :welcome2:

ATasteOfHoney
08-12-2013, 09:01 PM
At the gas station & during a brief chat, could RAT have slipped something (Valium, roofie, Xanax, etc) into a soda or water and offered it to her in a real charming, "I just opened it but forgot I like Pepsi over Coke" kind of thing? He could've even offered her a Red Bull for instance, and slightly turn away (while slipping something in it) as he handed it to her. A slight of the wrist type of thing???

Then all he had to do was wait for it to kick in while he followed her.

And then when she was feeling really out of it, pulled up along side as a Knight-in-Shining-Armor? He could've really set her up.

.....just throwing it out there????

carbuff
08-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Also, you can tell race by the DNA so I would take Morgan out of the list.

The test for ID doesn't check for race. You need a separate test for that and it hasn't been run on the Harrington suspect yet:

Because eye-witness accounts–- particularly from traumatized witnesses–- are notoriously unreliable, police have been cautious in confirming the suspect's race. In a recent Hook story, "Familial Pain: Harringtons press police for new DNA test," police spokesperson Corinne Geller says investigators have considered various tests including an "ancestral" DNA test, which could reveal with greater certainty how the suspect might appear.

http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case

None of the appearance- and ancestry-related tests reveal more than probabilities, which is one reason why it hasn't been more widely adopted. A test that would be useful is familial DNA, which would try to match close relatives of the suspect, but that carries huge privacy issues.

Do I think it's likely? No. But the geographical coincidence is huge.

teknoge3k
08-12-2013, 09:04 PM
I wonder if LE got his DNA when they were after him for Samantha's disappearance...seems like they could have gotten hold of it in some way. I have seen in shows where they take DNA from a coffee cup, i.e and run it, so I don't think they have to have a warrant. Not sure.

When you're arrested in Virginia on a violent crime/felony, your DNA is automatically taken and entered into a databank.

forestchilde
08-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Are you kidding me? It's camoflauged. Folks have evidently posted pics of it, but I have yet to see it.

I hate to say it, but not that unusual in the more rural areas around here. Yea, I know. :waitasec:

KDub
08-12-2013, 09:05 PM
The one news article said he was seen walking up and down the highway by a neighbor. Could he have been casing the highway to see where he could toss stuff at? Also, the RT.29 stalker was said to have tossed stuff out at various places on the roads.

Does anyone know how long he lived in Lovingston, VA?

I don't think very long because I found a .pdf earlier today with the address listed to a ST (the owner of the house?) for the 2011-2012 school year, I believe it was..it was a .pdf file for a committee she was at the school or school district.

carbuff
08-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Having that camper tells me that he at least had a to have had a trailer hitch.
My money is on him towing her car to the C-vile theater lot.

Yeah, mine too.

LoveVA
08-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Could the car being found near the relatives just been a complete coincidence?

However I don't understand why he would have even bothered to move her car, especially to an area where he could be seen, instead of leaving it in the middle of nowhere.

If the family said he looked familiar, he may have to her too. Thus a reason why she could have trusted him. I don't think she would have just gone with him if he was a total stranger. Even if she didn't know him well or even his name, in a small community you just recognize people...and she probably had no reason to think he was dangerous :( It's so hard to say though. I sure as hell think he looks sketchy. But he might have talked a good game and been like "I know your mom, dad, etc and I'll help you".

Wish he would talk. Mabye he will if they threaten him with the Death Penalty.

I totally think he's the 29 stalker. I wish so much they could get him for Morgan's murder too...but that DNA link to the other rape is a pretty strong lead in that case. Mabye someday they will get their justice.

billthom56
08-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Long time WS reader but just registered today. While following this case I can't help but think of The Colonial Parkway murders/disappearances from 1986-1989. (8) murders/missing, long speculated that the predator was posing as LE.
These crimes were committed in Yorktown/Williamsburg, Smithfield, also a rest stop in New Kent County off I-64. All within approx. 2 hours of Charlottesville.

Thanks for thinking of the Colonial Parkway Murders victims. My sister Cathy Thomas, along with her friend Rebecca Dowski were the first two victims in the Colonial Parkway Murders. The potential connection to Randy Allen Taylor is worth a look, as are possible links to other open murder cases and disappearances in that area of Virginia, including Samantha Clarke in 2010, Morgan Harrington in 2009. Alicia Showalter Reynolds in 1996, and many others.

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathleen Thomas
Los Angeles, CA

FrauShan78
08-12-2013, 09:10 PM
1. Posts from virtually everyone who either lives in the area or travels through it says that cell phone signals at that general location are sketchy at best.

2. The man was purportedly talking to her at the pump, and LE purportedly stated that his vehicle followed her out. I can think of no better explanation - especially if he turns out to be the 29 stalker. I mean, if he is the 29 stalker then it's his MO, and it's something he's clearly perfected over the years.

3. You'd be surprised how easy it is for a con and/or sociopath to fool someone - even those much more seasoned and acclimated to the cruel world than Alexis is.

Again JMO, nothing is proven until the evidence backs it. I am not dismissing your information, I am just saying I don't see AM as the type of person who would follow a stranger especially not one that looked like him. She may have followed them on social media but according to her family she was a person who was scared of her own shadow, so that behavior seems out of character for her. I can think of numerous explanations because without evidence to support one I cannot dismiss any explanation. IMO.

mamacita
08-12-2013, 09:10 PM
i just think that someone towing a car and dropping it off at a movie theater parking lot mid-morning would be a little suspicious? who would get a car towed to a shopping center's parking lot?

if i saw something like that happening, i know for sure i'd remember it.. especially if the vehicle doing the towing looked like something outta duck dynasty..

LoveVA
08-12-2013, 09:11 PM
I hate to say it, but not that unusual in the more rural areas around here. Yea, I know. :waitasec:

So true! I live in Southwest VA and have seen more than one camo truck. I don't even notice the blatant redneckery anymore. lol

ATasteOfHoney
08-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Thanks for thinking of the Colonial Parkway Murders victims. My sister Cathy Thomas, along with her friend Rebecca Dowski were the first two victims in the Colonial Parkway Murders. The potential connection to Randy Allen Taylor is worth a look, as are possible links to other open murder cases and disappearances in that area of Virginia, including Samantha Clarke in 2010, Morgan Harrington in 2009. Alicia Showalter Reynolds in 1996, and many others.

Bill Thomas
Los Angeles, CA

My sincerest condolences, BT.
I hope you continue to contribute here on WS as much as you can.
Peace.

song22
08-12-2013, 09:14 PM

You know, I agree with you about #3. So many women got in the car with the 29 stalker, whoever he is. Between the ages of 16 and 25 I often found myself in many situations where something was creepy or just off, but I didn't want to be rude. It seems like the weirder the dude, the more out of my way I went to be nice because he was just weird and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. Even savvy, smart independent women can suddenly turn all submissive and "nice" in strange situations.

The one thing that makes me doubt this RAT was the 29 stalker is that the women who escaped said he just seemed like a really nice, trustworthy guy. He didn't seem scary at all. Richard Evonitz seemed much more able to pull off the charming, kind helpful persona than this guy would seem to. Evonitz also bragged to his co-workers about being able to pull women over on the road by flashing his lights at them.

teknoge3k
08-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Ok, I hate to be negative but looking at a very real possible outcome here..

Without a body or confession, they can't charge him with her murder. If they never find her, all they have on him is abduction. Correct? In Virginia, an abduction charge is a class 5 felony which carries a MAX of 10yrs.

So AS OF RIGHT NOW, he only faces a max of 10 years in prison, if found guilty.

That means there's a possibility he could be out again. That's IF they have enough evidence to convict him.

Am I correct on all of this? :\

ThePhantom
08-12-2013, 09:15 PM
The cretin who attacked the woman near Jermantown Rd in '05 (not far from George Mason Univ) and subsequently murdered Morgan has "sub-Saharan" DNA. One of the theories I have About this perpetrator is that he may be an undocumented person who might even slip in and out of the country. Apparently they did not digitize the fingerprints of illegals back in '05. I have wondered if this perpetrator deals drugs and moves about to areas where he can make sales. I am also concerned he may be responsible for other murders in which the bodies have not been found. As a side note, the attack on the young lady walking from the bus stop in Fairfax was very brazen. It is not an isolated area like the locale in which Morgan was found.

carbuff
A vehicle painted in camo would be a bit unusual here in New England, but not overly so. Especially not in NH, ME, or upstate MA.

forestchilde
There is also the possibility that her cell phone battery just happened to die in that particular location. That would be a crappy hand of fate if it did. It's a stretch but cell phones these days do not have long battery life. LE did say her cell phone was no longer active, meaning the battery was dead or it was destroyed.

Or...what if RATman did the slider thing and took the battery from her phone while she was paying, and then followed her knowing her phone was disabled. Just a thought. Either way we know her phone was active until she was in that area.

carbuff
08-12-2013, 09:17 PM

Bill Thomas
Los Angeles, CA

I'm sorry about your sister. I hope you get an answer soon.

ArianeEmory
08-12-2013, 09:18 PM
You know, I agree with you about #3. So many women got in the car with the 29 stalker, whoever he is. Between the ages of 16 and 25 I often found myself in many situations where something was creepy or just off, but I didn't want to be rude. It seems like the weirder the dude, the more out of my way I went to be nice because he was just weird and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. Even savvy, smart independent women can suddenly turn all submissive and "nice" in strange situations.

The one thing that makes me doubt this RAT was the 29 stalker is that the women who escaped said he just seemed like a really nice, trustworthy guy. He didn't seem scary at all. Richard Evonitz seemed much more able to pull off the charming, kind helpful persona than this guy would seem to. Evonitz also bragged to his co-workers about being able to pull women over on the road by flashing his lights at them.

BBM--if there's one important lesson for women in Gavin de Becker's book "The Gift of Fear", it's that if your gut is telling you something is wrong--BE RUDE.

Predators are counting on the fact that women are taught to be nice.

LaborDayRN
08-12-2013, 09:19 PM
I know my 17 year old self would not have been so trusting, and I was very much like Alexis at 17 - putting on a certain public persona to my peers (although SM was a long way off!) while being very shy with adults. I would not have followed some older man even if he did tell me something was wrong with my car. I'd have found a safe, public place to go and have it checked (since we did not have cell phones back in the ancient ages).

I agree and will go one step further.....My 17 year old self would have stayed as far away from him as possible. Just the look of him would have given me the heebbie jeebies!!! :scared:

WithQuestions
08-12-2013, 09:20 PM
"The majority of serial killers are not reclusive, social misfits who live alone. They are not monsters and may not appear strange. Many serial killers hide in plain sight within their communities. Serial murderers often have families and homes, are gainfully employed, and appear to be normal members of the community. Because many serial murderers can blend in so effortlessly, they are oftentimes overlooked by law enforcement and the public."

"Contrary to popular belief, serial killers span all racial groups. There are white, African-American, Hispanic, and Asian serial killers. The racial diversification of serial killers generally mirrors that of the overall U.S. population."

"All serial murders are not sexually-based. There are many other motivations for serial murders including anger, thrill, financial gain, and attention seeking."

"Most serial killers have very defined geographic areas of operation. They conduct their killings within comfort zones that are often defined by an anchor point (e.g. place of residence, employment, or residence of a relative). Serial murderers will, at times, spiral their activities outside of their comfort zone, when their confidence has grown through experience or to avoid detection. Very few serial murderers travel interstate to kill."

"It has been widely believed that once serial killers start killing, they cannot stop. There are, however, some serial killers who stop murdering altogether before being caught. In these instances, there are events or circumstances in offenders’ lives that inhibit them from pursuing more victims. These can include increased participation in family activities, sexual substitution, and other diversions."

"As a group, serial killers suffer from a variety of personality disorders, including psychopathy, anti-social personality, and others. Most, however, are not adjudicated as insane under the law."

"As serial killers continue to offend without being captured, they can become empowered, feeling they will never be identified. As the series continues, the killers may begin to take shortcuts when committing their crimes. This often causes the killers to take more chances, leading to identification by law enforcement. It is not that serial killers want to get caught; they feel that they can’t get caught."

"Symposium attendees agreed that there is no single identifiable cause or factor that leads to the development of a serial killer. Rather, there are a multitude of factors that contribute to their development. The most significant factor is the serial killer’s personal decision in choosing to pursue their crimes. "

"Attendees at the Serial Murder Symposium agreed that there is no generic profile of a serial murderer. Serial killers differ in many ways, including their motivations for killing and their behavior at the crime scene. However, attendees did identify certain traits common to some serial murderers, including sensation seeking, a lack of remorse or guilt, impulsivity, the need for control, and predatory behavior. These traits and behaviors are consistent with the psychopathic personality disorder. Attendees felt it was very important for law enforcement and other professionals in the criminal justice system to understand psychopathy and its relationship to serial murder."

"Psychopaths are not sensitive to altruistic interview themes, such as sympathy for their victims or remorse/guilt over their crimes. They do possess certain personality traits that can be exploited, particularly their inherent narcissism, selfishness, and vanity. Specific themes in past successful interviews of psychopathic serial killers focused on praising their intelligence, cleverness, and skill in evading capture."

"An offender selects a victim, regardless of the category, based upon availability, vulnerability, and desirability. Availability is explained as the lifestyle of the victim or circumstances in which the victim is involved, that allow the offender access to the victim. Vulnerability is defined as the degree to which the victim is susceptible to attack by the offender. Desirability is described as the appeal of the victim to the offender. Desirability involves numerous factors based upon the motivation of the offender and may include factors dealing with the race, gender, ethnic background, age of the victim, or other specific preferences the offender determines."

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

CluelessWonder
08-12-2013, 09:22 PM

Bill Thomas
Los Angeles, CA

Bill, you're a good brother! I hope your memories of your sister Cathy have helped you get through the emotions that you must have experienced over the years. And I hope your family sees justice one day.

Just K
08-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Here's the best I have found so far. Still looking.

ETA the google maps photo. I cropped most of the red car out because the photo that you see on google maps with the red car is when there were different people living there. My research shows other people lived there during 2011-2012 school year, and that picture was taken in 2011.

Yeah But, there was almost exactly the same car in the driveway in the News clip picture with the unmarked police cars in the driveway. It was even parked in a very similar way as both the Bing Bird's Eye and the Google Street View pics.

LaborDayRN
08-12-2013, 09:28 PM

Bill Thomas
Los Angeles, CA

I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss Bill. I hope you continue to post with us here.

Fraudbstr1
08-12-2013, 09:30 PM
she had drug pictures on her SM but tweens do that even if they "don't do it" (I know this as I have a tween)

it is for attention and to fit in.

I do not see this being the case. It think she was preyed on at the gas station on her way to get her hair extensions in the OTHER direction and she just believed whatever this POS said to her in that conversation.

According to previous media links she was fine when she paid cash for her gas in the store.. went back out to her car and was seen talking to a "man"

that man is most likely this guy and he fed her a "your car looks broken let me help you" story :twocents:

I think poor Alexis was in the wrong place at the wrong time and fell for a line of bs.

She was a smart girl, going to be varsity captain of her volley ball team. She was an honors student. No way she was going to go hang out with this guy. No way. She was there buying GAS and last seen talking to a man on the ccvid.

What is "SM"? I could t find it on the abbreviation list.

teknoge3k
08-12-2013, 09:31 PM

Social Media

ATasteOfHoney
08-12-2013, 09:33 PM

SM = Social Media....which is FaceBook, Twitter, Vining, Blogs, MySpace, etc....

Just K
08-12-2013, 09:37 PM
A scent was traced from her car to the clubhouse of the apartment complex next to the movie theater parking lot, if I'm not mistaken.

Has there been any information revealed as to the nature of the phone calls RAT made to Samantha? Has he even had to address that, legally speaking? It's decidedly more frightening to me if he can abduct/murder acquaintances and strangers with equal ease (and lack of remorse). I'm already scared of what else we're going to find out about him soon.

If you read the Hook article, they decsribe the events surrounding how SC met him and his two male and younger friends at a bar. SC's mother was there. Samantha showed affection for one of the two younger men and actually he came home with her and stayed the night. The following night she met up with the three and hit it off with the 2nd younger guy. But, he had a girlfriend who SC said threatened her. SC told her mom about it. Then the next evening SC was going to hook up with second young guy. RAT says he calls her to tell her not to come that she is walking into a trap...and that it doesn't look good for her reputation, etc, etc. But SC leaves her house that night, anyway and she is never seen again.

There is a very similar story about a VCU part-time professor who went with two male friends to Louisa County. The men told police that she OD'd and they didn't know what to do...

http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/Search.do

But, people who knew her don't believe this is how she died. Her body was found, IIRC, behind a dumpster at McDonalds. I have been thinking about this one woman and two male friends and the female ends up dead in Louisa...right near Samantha Clarke's case.

astridxx
08-12-2013, 09:37 PM
There is also the possibility that her cell phone battery just happened to die in that particular location. That would be a crappy hand of fate if it did. It's a stretch but cell phones these days do not have long battery life. LE did say her cell phone was no longer active, meaning the battery was dead or it was destroyed.

Or...what if RATman did the slider thing and took the battery from her phone while she was paying, and then followed her knowing her phone was disabled. Just a thought. Either way we know her phone was active until she was in that area.

Bouncing off your ideas here I assume she had an iPhone (based on heavy usage of emojis in her tweets). iPhones don't have the greatest battery life, especially if you use them heavily for SM or texting. Also, iPhones, to my knowledge, don't have removable batteries.

chris24
08-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Bouncing off your ideas here I assume she had an iPhone (based on heavy usage of emojis in her tweets). iPhones don't have the greatest battery life, especially if you use them heavily for SM or texting. Also, iPhones, to my knowledge, don't have removable batteries.

My iPhone dies in just a few hours if I use a lot of apps. That definitely is a possibility it just died there.

billthom56
08-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks everybody, for your very kind words. There are a lot of unsolved murders and disappearances in Virginia that are worth a look for possible links to the Randy Allen Taylor/Alexis Murphy case. Some of the cases have DNA evidence, while others do not. Just based on what we know so far, my instinct steers me toward the 2010 Samantha Clarke case, and perhaps the Alicia Showalter Reynolds/Route 29 Stalker case from 1996; DNA evidence in some of these cases could be a huge help. I love the map of the places that Mr. Taylor has lived-- very though provoking.

As always, we are all innocent until proven guilty.

Bill Thomas
Los Angeles, CA

Tonto
08-12-2013, 09:43 PM

The profile of Evonitz's victims indicates that he was more of a serial hebephile than a murderer of adult women. Also, his crimes in Virginia are well north of the corridor where the 29 stalker ravaged.

forestchilde
08-12-2013, 09:45 PM

Yes, you are right! So if she had an iPhone then removal of the battery can be ruled out. And believe me, I know all about iPhone battery life. As heavy as a user as she was she would have been lucky to probably get 4 hours. And upon looking at her "selfies" on Twitter, she definitely had an iPhone.

carbuff
08-12-2013, 09:47 PM
The cretin who attacked the woman near Jermantown Rd in '05 (not far from George Mason Univ) and subsequently murdered Morgan has "sub-Saharan" DNA. One of the theories I have About this perpetrator is that he may be an undocumented person who might even slip in and out of the country. Apparently they did not digitize the fingerprints of illegals back in '05. I have wondered if this perpetrator deals drugs and moves about to areas where he can make sales. I am also concerned he may be responsible for other murders in which the bodies have not been found. As a side note, the attack on the young lady walking from the bus stop in Fairfax was very brazen. It is not an isolated area like the locale in which Morgan was found.

Do you have a source for the sub-Saharan DNA? I thought I'd read every Morgan article there was and I don't recall seeing that anywhere. Of course it wouldn't be the first time I missed something, or forgot it...

teknoge3k
08-12-2013, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't exactly nail down an iPhone in her case. Droids are just as popular if not more popular than iPhones now. I have a Razr Maxx, and my battery life lasts well over a day, even with me listening to music, playing on Facebook all day, etc. A lot of Droid phones have extended batteries in them and they last forever! They can do everything an iPhone can, and more. (not getting into a phone battle here, just stating that she could very well of had a Droid phone and been doing "selfies", and so forth)

ATasteOfHoney
08-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Yes, you are right! So if she had an iPhone then removal of the battery can be ruled out. And believe me, I know all about iPhone battery life. As heavy as a user as she was she would have been lucky to probably get 4 hours. And upon looking at her "selfies" on Twitter, she definitely had an iPhone.

I regularly recharge mine in the car via the ole' cigarette lighter/charger. Did she have one of those? They recharge fairly quickly by using them.

wendle83
08-12-2013, 09:53 PM

In one of her Vine vids she has a "new" Galaxy. She wipes her hand over the face of it and it comes to life. :-)

I'm not sure if I would be allowed to put a link to it, but you can look it up easily.

cluciano63
08-12-2013, 09:55 PM
We have seen more and more suspects being charged with murder, without the victim's body being found. It all depends on what evidence they have. They may find her DNA in his home or vehicle, and since she is a minor who was VERY active on SM, be able to conclude that she is no longer living. A lot will depend on where they find DNA, what type it is, etc. JMO

tootsiepop
08-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Looking at the surveillance pics of Alexis walking into the store, it looks like she is carrying her phone as she's walking in the store. As a mother of teenagers, I cannot imagine any kid of this age not having a car charger as well as home charger, especially with an iphone & the reputation they have as far as battery life.

Going back to RAT's vehicle. Someone mentioned earlier about something funny hanging down from the rear view mirror. I'm familiar with a few tow truck drivers and most that I know usually drive around with police scanners. Could that be either a police scanner hanging from the mirror, or maybe a set of flashing lights that volunteer rescue people use in their personal cars?

There has to be a reasonable explanation as to how he got her out of her car to over power her.

forestchilde
08-12-2013, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't exactly nail down an iPhone in her case. Droids are just as popular if not more popular than iPhones now. I have a Razr Maxx, and my battery life lasts well over a day, even with me listening to music, playing on Facebook all day, etc. A lot of Droid phones have extended batteries in them and they last forever! They can do everything an iPhone can, and more. (not getting into a phone battle here, just stating that she could very well of had a Droid phone and been doing "selfies", and so forth)

Her "selfies" show her phone and it is an iPhone. You can see the Apple logo in some of the videos.

forestchilde
08-12-2013, 10:01 PM
In one of her Vine vids she has a "new" Galaxy. She wipes her hand over the face of it and it comes to life. :-)

I'm not sure if I would be allowed to put a link to it, but you can look it up easily.

I think that video was taken in a store. You can hear the noise and it sounds like a really crowded place like a Best Buy or something.

LoveVA
08-12-2013, 10:02 PM
BBM--if there's one important lesson for women in Gavin de Becker's book "The Gift of Fear", it's that if your gut is telling you something is wrong--BE RUDE.

Predators are counting on the fact that women are taught to be nice.

AMEN!!!! BE RUDE!!! Go with your GUT!!! My mom got in a big fight (not physical just yelling) with my crazy aunt one time about this. She was telling me about how people can sometimes try to fool you by acting like they need directions, or help, or even that they are disabled etc (a la "Silence of the Lambs") but that you need to always be aware of your surroundings and always be cautious around people you don't know, especially in a vulnerable situation, like when you are alone and in the dark etc. My aunt was like, "don't tell her that! she'll never help anyone or she'll be rude to people" my mom was like "ummm it could save her life!! She is smart she should trust her instincts and always be cautious!!" Obviously if you are in a safe enviornment with lots of folks around you can be helpful, but you should be totally aware that people can try these tricks in order to hurt you.

momrids6
Having that camper tells me that he at least had a to have had a trailer hitch.
My money is on him towing her car to the C-vile theater lot.

He has a trailer ball on that vehicle. The camper has the hitch. Never seen nor heard about the ability to tow a car with a vehicle with a trailer ball- especially a car with front wheel drive-that has to be towed with the front end off of the ground.

I asked my dad, who owned a towing company as well as DH. I would love to hear how to do this- as my trucks that pull our camper and boat both have trailer balls on the back- could save me some time waiting for roadside assistance.

popsicle

I remember seeing that video.

Inspector Gidget
08-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Now we can add Charleston, SC to the places he lived.Check out #82
http://www.beenverified.com/p/sc/randy+taylor

ArianeEmory
08-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Do you have a source for the sub-Saharan DNA? I thought I'd read every Morgan article there was and I don't recall seeing that anywhere. Of course it wouldn't be the first time I missed something, or forgot it...

I'd be interested too. I'm new to these cases and I've been watching the back-and-forth on the African American question all day, and so far I've only seen that there is DNA evidence from a victim who described the attacker as AA. Not seeing where race was *proven via DNA*. A minor distinction but details matter.

vasportsmom
08-12-2013, 10:09 PM

iPhone batteries can be removed (it does void the warranty) and it isn't even that difficult if you know what you're doing. There are a billion YouTube videos showing how to do it. I pack a couple flash chargers around with me and can recharge my phone to full rather quickly with them.

Inspector Gidget
08-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Someone is saying over on Find Alexis Facebook that she bought a car at Drive away motors in Ruckersville and RAT is a mechanic there.

VaN8tiv
08-12-2013, 10:10 PM

Bill Thomas
Los Angeles, CA
Mr. Thomas,
I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I am friends with a member of the Call/Hailey family. I thought of your sister and the other victims yesterday as I drove past the location. Myself and our community will never forget these horrible crimes and continue to pray the killer will one day be apprehended.

Ragamuffin
08-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Just my 2c on rudeness. Alexis is a good student, athlete, intelligent but still only 17. I was raised to always, always be polite to my elders and I was raised to respect their authority. I would bet money on the fact that if RAT approached her - for whatever reason - she would not have been rude. She may have felt uneasy, but not enough to be rude or agressive. That gut feeling is real, but a *I'm guessing here* well-raised, not street smart young woman from a small town would would not automatically think predator and kick him in the balls at first creepy feeling.

JMHO.

Also, I've seen comments on how creepy he looks in the mugshots, but also many have said he looks familiar. I agree, he does. Like some kind of Harry Dean Stanton type who you might see around town, reminds you of someone but you can't *quite* place.

That kind of pseudo-familiarity might be another reason she didn't initially get away from him when he approached her (if he did).

Just random thoughts, no real help.

I hope she is found soon.

forestchilde
08-12-2013, 10:13 PM
AMEN!!!! BE RUDE!!! Go with your GUT!!! My mom got in a big fight (not physical just yelling) with my crazy aunt one time about this. She was telling me about how people can sometimes try to fool you by acting like they need directions, or help, or even that they are disabled etc (a la "Silence of the Lambs") but that you need to always be aware of your surroundings and always be cautious around people you don't know, especially in a vulnerable situation, like when you are alone and in the dark etc. My aunt was like, "don't tell her that! she'll never help anyone or she'll be rude to people" my mom was like "ummm it could save her life!! She is smart she should trust her instincts and always be cautious!!" Obviously if you are in a safe enviornment with lots of folks around you can be helpful, but you should be totally aware that people can try these tricks in order to hurt you.

I have to agree. And be smart, and loud, and obnoxious if need be. My daughter was nearly abducted in an attempted "carjacking" when she was in college. The ****** ran out of from behind a sign at a gas station and pushed her into the passenger seat of the car just as she was getting in and getting ready to lock her door. She kept her wits enough to toss her keys OUT the passenger door and scream bloody murder as he grabbed her by the hair and tried to choke her. She finally got away and jumped out the passenger door and do you know what this ******* did? He tried to convince people that were standing around (most of them not doing a d*** thing) that it was a domestic dispute and she had been drinking too much. Nobody did a thing to try to help her. The guy finally left, but not after saying "can I get my cigarettes from the car honey?!" to which she yelled f*** NO! She screamed for someone to call 911 and nobody did. This was at a well lit gas station in an urban area. Just goes to show you that someone can act with force and sometimes people won't do squat. I still get so angry when I think about this and it's been almost 10 years. If she hadn't been on her toes and thrown her keys out I have no doubt that I would never have seen my daughter again. So be loud! Be rude! And fight back if it is appropriate to do so.

ETA - the perp walked away and the police were so slow to respond they could never find him.

Claudia
08-12-2013, 10:14 PM
IDK, I've seen some not gain a pound over years.... As far as being readily available.... Everything is available everywhere.

Like I said this was a theory, nothing more or less, just trying to see other angles, no matter where they go.
:twocents:
Moo and all that...

Okay, but as far as weight loss... getting the munchies after smoking a joint will not help you lose weight. I've never seen anyone that didn't want to eat when they were high. Just sayin...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

ThePhantom
08-12-2013, 10:18 PM
For Carbuff:

http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

momrids6
08-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Going back to RAT's vehicle. Someone mentioned earlier about something funny hanging down from the rear view mirror. I'm familiar with a few tow truck drivers and most that I know usually drive around with police scanners. Could that be either a police scanner hanging from the mirror, or maybe a set of flashing lights that volunteer rescue people use in their personal cars?

BBM/RSBM: That looks to be the wiring for the after market lights installed on the top of the vehicle.

LoveVA
08-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Okay, but as far as weight loss... getting the munchies after smoking a joint will not help you lose weight. I've never seen anyone that didn't want to eat when they were high. Just sayin...

Some of the "best kids" at my hs smoked a lot of weed on the weekends. If she did smoke it prob had nothing to do with weight loss. Kids will be kids. Most of them grow out of it.

Bsublime
08-12-2013, 10:27 PM

Unless you have an account and can really check it with birthdates, don't believe these sites. I have looked up these sites and they have my records miked with someone else's.

I think this goes back to that mugshot which we don't think is our RAT

LoveVA
08-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Also-I have no doubt it would be extremely easy for her to get it. Out in the country, there are a lot of smokers, and even growers. Plus they are near 2 college towns. Easier than getting beer, probably.

SyraKelly
08-12-2013, 10:28 PM
This says the Morgan H case is not connected to Alexis's case

http://www.wric.com/story/23086903/morgan-harringtons-family-shares-experience-on-alexis-murphy-case

song22
08-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Ok, Here's some of the things that make me think Evontiz is the 29 stalker (or maybe there is more than one!)

One woman, Carmelito Shemo, who escaped the 29 stalker said Evonitz was the man who abducted her.

"Ann Ferguson Swibold of Orange said that Evonitz was the man who tried to stop her in Feb 1996 by suggesting she was having car troubles. Swibold told state police that a man in a dark sedan followed her along state route 230, a 10 mile stretch connecting US 29 in Madison County to US 15 in Orange. When she saw Evonitz photo she said she had no doubt. She was 101% certain."

Interviewed before Evonitz was confirmed as the Spotsylvania girls’ killer, Aidan Adrien Yates told state police Special Agent David A. Russillo that Evonitz was the man who followed her home from work along U.S. 29 in Culpeper in either August or September 1999.

She told police the driver was a clean-cut white man with brown hair and a neatly trimmed goatee.

Despite what is depicted in the 29 Stalker composites released to the public, many women reported the man had facial hair, some saying he may have had a mustache. One composite circulated among law enforcement officials shows a man with a goatee. Evonitz sported at least a mustache at the time, and also had a goatee at some point.

Handwritten notes found in Evonitz’s locked footlocker inside his home place him in the Lignum area of Culpeper where both Reynolds’ and McDaniel’s bodies were found. The notes also place him on the road that leads to Shenandoah National Park.

Evonitz did hang out in Orange and along 29. He also attacked and assaulted an 18 year old woman in a parking lot. So he didn't just go for young girls.

There's more. So much more actually!

In the Shenandoah killings the perp used a midshipman knot. Evonitz was in the navy.
The 29 stalker survivors described a black Nissan truck with lots of chrome. and a red coup. Evonitz had access to both cars through friends and was known to drive them. He came and went at work without signing in or out--he just made his own hours. he was missing from work for four days during the Shenandoah killings. on and on and on
all from: http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2007/112007/29/chapter1/index_html?page=1

carbuff
08-12-2013, 10:37 PM
For Carbuff:

http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

Thank you.

That's not talking about Morgan's killer. That's about the 2003 Charlottesville rapist:

In 2003, after eight of his victims described their assailant as a black man, and after a composite was released–- which would later prove to look almost nothing like Washington's mugshot–- Charlottesville police began asking African American men in Charlottesville to voluntarily submit to a "buccal swab," in which a DNA sample is collected from inside the mouth.

More than 500 men eventually got swabbed, such a broad net that critics cried foul–- including one man who sued a Charlottesville detective for $15,000–- claiming it was impossible to know for sure whether the attacker was actually African American, or if he might have some other dark-skinned ancestry, such as Middle Eastern or Latino, among others.

After all, eyewitness accounts, particularly when an attack occurs in the dark, are notoriously inaccurate. In response to the accusations of racial profiling, Charlottesville Police undertook the unusual step of having the perpetrator's DNA analyzed for ancestry and making those results public: indeed, the then-still unknown attacker's DNA was 85 percent of sub-Saharan African descent–- a virtual guarantee that he appeared black.

Claudia
08-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Some of the "best kids" at my hs smoked a lot of weed on the weekends. If she did smoke it prob had nothing to do with weight loss. Kids will be kids. Most of them grow out of it.

Agreed. :thumbup:

carbuff
08-12-2013, 10:42 PM
When you're arrested in Virginia on a violent crime/felony, your DNA is automatically taken and entered into a databank.

How long ago did that law go into effect, do you know? RAT's jail time was a few years back. If he was arrested after that, then we can assume he's not related to Morgan Harrington or probably to several of the other cases we talked about. There would have been a match.

Inspector Gidget
08-12-2013, 10:45 PM
The man police think might be involved is no stranger to the law and felony charges. Taylor has been in court for about a dozen charges dating back to 2002, when he was arrested and later convicted for arson in Albemarle County.

Taylor set fire to a car in 2002. According to court records, he was found guilty of arson in February 2005. As part of a plea deal, two related charges were dropped. He was given a two-year suspended sentence but had to pay an insurance company more than $19,000. He was called back into court in June 2011 on a probation violation for not paying back the money, but his prison time was again suspended and he walked free.

Taylor has the most charges in Greene County, including petit larceny in February 2013, for which he was given a six-month sentence that was also suspended so he spent no time in jail.

http://ht.ly/nRH36

1&2&3
08-12-2013, 10:46 PM
It has been mentioned several times that RAT had been seen walking up and down Rt.29. Also, the Rt. 29 Stalker had discarded items along this highway.

These seem to be complete opposites to me as RAT wanted to be seen walking but why would the Stalker want to be seen disposing items?

RAT was walking this busy highway for one reason - hoping a single woman would stop and offer him a ride. Bingo, he had his next victim! I do not know the game plan he used, but you can be sure he had one. JMO So, wonder if there are other women that LE are unaware of? OR perhaps this plan did not work out, he was desperate, he lowered his guard, and hit on AM so close to his house?

The Stalker would deposit his items after dark when it was difficult to see! JMO

It has really bugged me why a grown man would be walking that highway. It made no sense!

These are my thoughts, opinions, crazy ideas, and only mine.

song22
08-12-2013, 10:46 PM
The profile of Evonitz's victims indicates that he was more of a serial hebephile than a murderer of adult women. Also, his crimes in Virginia are well north of the corridor where the 29 stalker ravaged.

1. Fredericksburg, Culpeper, Madison county, Lignum, Orange, C-ville--these are all places connected by 29 and people drive back and forth through these towns all the time. I think because Virginians are used to LOTS of traffic and LONG commutes on 95 and such, we don't think much of an hour and a half drive to here or there. My whole family regularly goes to all these places antique shopping or to the Mennonite store for the best BBQ or to Barboursville ruins just to wander in the overgrown hedges or visit the vineyard. C-ville for favorite restaurants etc etc.

Evonitz killed in Frederickburg and then went on to abduct and rape a girl in South Carolina. So, he could have killed in Orange or C-ville area just as well.

2. Evonitz targeted young teens, yes. But he also was connected to an assault on an 18 year old.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2007/112007/29/chapter1/index_html?page=1

ThePhantom
08-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Thanks, Carbuff. That was a big error on my part and I am grateful for the correction. I had submitted a potential suspect who is now incarcerated for raping a girl in an area located between Fairfax and Charlottesville. To me he has a striking resemblance to Morgan's killer. He is El Salvadorian with a medium dark complexion. I never heard anything back so I guess the DNA did not match. So that leaves me with a question - is the perpetrator in fact of African American descent, or could he be Hispanic, or perhaps another ethnicity? I don't think the man who abducted poor Alexis was involved in Morgan's attack - I am assuming his DNA would have shown up already as a match. I do think there is an above average chance he could be tied into the Route 29/Colonial Pkwy murders.

forestchilde
08-12-2013, 10:49 PM
How long ago did that law go into effect, do you know? RAT's jail time was a few years back. If he was arrested after that, then we can assume he's not related to Morgan Harrington or probably to several of the other cases we talked about. There would have been a match.

According to this website it went into effect in 2003:

http://www.dnasaves.org/dna_law.php

With DNA arrestee testing on the books since 2003, Virginia has received over 5,000 hits on their database, with almost 700 of these matches directly attributal to arrestees
www.dfs.virginia.gov/statistics/index.cfm

Ravynne
08-12-2013, 10:49 PM

I agree, as far as weed and weight loss I would imagine its different for everyone, it just made me nauseous and tired the few times I tried it eons ago.... Lol, on the other hand, I use to get major cravings for claussen dill pickles when I got drunk... Lol :floorlaugh:

I imagine everyone's different when it comes to its effect on them. Moo.

Just a theory... It's all good.

carbuff
08-12-2013, 10:50 PM
He has a trailer ball on that vehicle. The camper has the hitch. Never seen nor heard about the ability to tow a car with a vehicle with a trailer ball- especially a car with front wheel drive-that has to be towed with the front end off of the ground.

I asked my dad, who owned a towing company as well as DH. I would love to hear how to do this- as my trucks that pull our camper and boat both have trailer balls on the back- could save me some time waiting for roadside assistance.

http://roadmasterinc.com/products/towdolly/towdolly.html

A bit large to carry around for the average person, but that Suburban might have enough room in back. Not sure how you'd get it in and out, though. Or maybe tied to the back?

Janeumayer
08-12-2013, 10:50 PM
http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/can-a-family-members-dna-solve-a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12

Read this article relating to the 2005 near rape case tied to Morgan Harrington through DNA. The victim clearly saw the man before she was attacked. Then again when he attacked her. She then provided the sketch that shows he is a dark skinned man. Therefore, I think we can be sure that Morgan Harrington's attacker was not RAT.

Ravynne
08-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Sub-Saharan DNA article.... I know it's from 2011 but its what my search brought up.... Need to work on search skills.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110524153536.htm

While the researchers detected no African genetic signatures in Northern European populations, they found a distinct presence of African ancestry in Southern European, Middle Eastern and Jewish populations. Modern southern European groups can attribute about 1 to 3 percent of their genetic signature to African ancestry, with the intermingling of populations dating back 55 generations, on average -- that is, to roughly 1,600 years ago. Middle Eastern groups have inherited about 4 to 15 percent, with the mixing of populations dating back roughly 32 generations. A diverse array of Jewish populations can date their Sub-Saharan African ancestry back roughly 72 generations, on average, accounting for 3 to 5 percent of their genetic makeup today.

Inspector Gidget
08-12-2013, 10:57 PM
http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/can-a-family-members-dna-solve-a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12

Read this article relating to the 2005 near rape case tied to Morgan Harrington through DNA. The victim clearly saw the man before she was attacked. Then again when he attacked her. She then provided the sketch that shows he is a dark skinned man. Therefore, I think we can be sure that Morgan Harrington's attacker was not RAT.

No I don't think he's connected to Morgan either.If you look at that sketch clearly not caucasian.

Tonto
08-12-2013, 10:57 PM
For Carbuff:

Just to be clear, this article is saying that an entirely different suspect - now named, arrested, tried, and convicted for 8 Charlottesville assaults unrelated to Morgan - had his DNA profile matched to a sub-Saharan African. Morgan's killer has NOT had his DNA tested in this regard. At least at the time of the article.

LaborDayRN
08-12-2013, 11:00 PM
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/classmates-observe-a-moment-of-silence-for-alexis-murphy-as-they-return-to-school/-/20128466/21440690/-/p43fav/-/index.html

Classmates observe a moment of silence for Alexis Murphy as they return to school
Friends and teammates say they haven't lost hope for her safe return

Not sure if this has been posted. Praying we find Alexis before morning. :please:

carbuff
08-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Thanks, Carbuff. That was a big error on my part and I am grateful for the correction. I had submitted a potential suspect who is now incarcerated for raping a girl in an area located between Fairfax and Charlottesville. To me he has a striking resemblance to Morgan's killer. He is El Salvadorian with a medium dark complexion. I never heard anything back so I guess the DNA did not match. So that leaves me with a question - is the perpetrator in fact of African American descent, or could he be Hispanic, or perhaps another ethnicity? I don't think the man who abducted poor Alexis was involved in Morgan's attack - I am assuming his DNA would have shown up already as a match. I do think there is an above average chance he could be tied into the Route 29/Colonial Pkwy murders.

No problem. That paragraph is not very well written and I thought at first it meant Morgan's killer, too.

I live in a very very ethnically mixed area (greater Boston) where we get to be familiar with a wide variety of facial and body types; I have thought the sketch of the Fairfax rapist looked more like he was Iranian or Iraqi or even northern India. I don't see any reason he couldn't be Hispanic, especially considering that many Hispanics are mixed descent, with African and native blood.

Apparently RAT has a prior conviction for a violent crime, though. If that's true, then he can't be Morgan's killer because his DNA would have been in the Virginia database and would have turned up as a match before now.

interested_one
08-12-2013, 11:06 PM
The man police think might be involved is no stranger to the law and felony charges. Taylor has been in court for about a dozen charges dating back to 2002, when he was arrested and later convicted for arson in Albemarle County.

Taylor set fire to a car in 2002. According to court records, he was found guilty of arson in February 2005. As part of a plea deal, two related charges were dropped. He was given a two-year suspended sentence but had to pay an insurance company more than $19,000. He was called back into court in June 2011 on a probation violation for not paying back the money, but his prison time was again suspended and he walked free.

Taylor has the most charges in Greene County, including petit larceny in February 2013, for which he was given a six-month sentence that was also suspended so he spent no time in jail.

I was assuming this, was implying that the earliest records you found around this area were 2002, so my food-for-thought question , where was he before this? I think it's reasonable to think that one does not simply wake up and start committing pretty serious crimes. I would assume he has a lengthy record elsewhere too, but it's figuring out where and if these charges can be viewed. Also, I have seen much speculation that this man may have some sort of drug history. I haven't seen many people who are involved with serious drugs, who make it to 48 years old with simply a possession of marijuana chage that I've seen. All of this IMO

Tonto
08-12-2013, 11:07 PM
No problem. That paragraph is not very well written and I thought at first it meant Morgan's killer, too.

Yes, that article was very poorly written. I had to dissect it into groups of a few sentences in order to understand it.

Dr. Terminus
08-12-2013, 11:09 PM
I wonder what DNA evidence, if any, they have. Surely there is something more that directly links him to her abduction. I just hope they are pointed in the direction of her location at this point. I don't think they will find AM anywhere near his property. I feel like he has gotten away with something like this several times. He abducted close to his house, as I don't think he believed LE would want to risk bringing him in again, but it doesn't sound like he would keep her there.

Another thing: Didn't his criminal record (posted in thread #2), contain a stalking charge dating back several years? That makes it clear that this isn't something he recently started doing, IMO.

Dr. Terminus
08-12-2013, 11:15 PM
NBC29 ‏@NBC29 38m
An adult store's surveillance video helped investigators track down the man they suspect abducted #AlexisMurphy. http://ht.ly/nS3rY

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but thought I would share.

Edit: http://www.nbc29.com/story/23118650/tracking-down-abduction-suspect-randy-taylor

cluciano63
08-12-2013, 11:20 PM
I wonder what DNA evidence, if any, they have. Surely there is something more that directly links him to her abduction. I just hope they are pointed in the direction of her location at this point. I don't think they will find AM anywhere near his property. I feel like he has gotten away with something like this several times. He abducted close to his house, as I don't think he believed LE would want to risk bringing him in again, but it doesn't sound like he would keep her there.

Another thing: Didn't his criminal record (posted in thread #2), contain a stalking charge dating back several years? That makes it clear that this isn't something he recently started doing, IMO.

I agree they must have some evidence that puts Alexis with him at some point. DNA turnaround can be done in two days, as in Chelsea King's case in CA. They were able to do a DNA match over a weekend, and link underwear found on the search to both Chelsea and a felon in the system that quickly. So it can be done. I am thinking LE got a sample of Alexis' DNA very early on, ready to match up.

I also agree he is unlikely to use an area close to his home as a site to leave Alexis. My fear is that he killed her that same night and hid her body, long before LE was onto him.

Claudia
08-12-2013, 11:23 PM
I agree, as far as weed and weight loss I would imagine its different for everyone, it just made me nauseous and tired the few times I tried it eons ago.... Lol, on the other hand, I use to get major cravings for claussen dill pickles when I got drunk... Lol :floorlaugh:

I imagine everyone's different when it comes to its effect on them. Moo.

Just a theory... It's all good.
O/T... I crave a nasty fast food burger when I drink!!! Pickles would be way better for me!

forestchilde
08-12-2013, 11:23 PM
NBC29 ‏@NBC29 38m
An adult store's surveillance video helped investigators track down the man they suspect abducted #AlexisMurphy. http://ht.ly/nS3rY

Edit: http://www.nbc29.com/story/23118650/tracking-down-abduction-suspect-randy-taylor

That just creeps me out. :(

And to answer your question about the stalking charge, yes, I seem to remember seeing it when I looked on the Virginia Court Case info site, but now I can't find it. Don't recall what county it was but I think, IIRC, the victim was a male? Anyone? My memory may not be serving me well. It's late.

danzn16
08-12-2013, 11:24 PM
How was RT linked to Murphy? Was she in the same adult store as he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATasteOfHoney
08-12-2013, 11:25 PM
Ok, I think there was mention about some sort of assault or stalking with RAT during the mid-1990's.
I *believe* it came from the article posted a ways back where RAT claimed he has been falsely surveilled by LE.

MoxieThyme
08-12-2013, 11:26 PM
this was an unrelated share just put out there to inform people... but it gives a possible method for RAT getting a hold of Alexis... this is NOT from something related to her case... just info that could provide theory... read on....

A man came over and offered his services as a painter to a female who was putting gas in her car and left his card. She said no, but accepted his card out of kindness and got in the car. The man then got into a car driven by another gentleman. As the lady left the service station, she saw the men following her out of the station at the same time. Almost immediately, she started to feel dizzy and could not catch her breath. She tried to open the window and realized that the odor was on her hand; the same hand which accepted the card from the gentleman at the gas station.

She then noticed the men were immediately behind her and she felt she needed to do something at that moment. She drove into the first driveway and began to honk her horn repeatedly to ask for help. The men drove away but the lady still felt pretty bad for several minutes after she could finally catch her breath.

Apparently, there was a substance on the card that could have seriously injured her.

This drug is called 'BURUNDANGA' and it is used by people who wish to incapacitate a victim in order to steal from or take advantage of them like REPEATED GANG RAPE. This drug is four times more dangerous than the date rape drug and is transferable on simple cards.

So take heed and make sure you don't accept cards at any given time alone or from someone on the streets. This applies to those making house calls and slipping you a card when they offer their services .

PLEASE SEND THIS ALERT TO EVERY FEMALE YOU KNOW

could be something like this that caused her to not make it very far down the road from the gas station... just thinking outloud here...

forestchilde
How was RT linked to Murphy? Was she in the same adult store as he?

According to the article Alexis was not with him in the surveillance videos as the adult store.

Legrasse6
Hello websleuths! First time poster here. I've been following this case for a few days now, and I must say, you all have done an incredible job of tracking down a wealth of information. Two things I wanted to add:

1. People have been mentioning the accused's familiar look and possible resemblance to an actor. Its is my belief that people are subconsciously associating him with William Sadler (http://www.thatfilmguy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/William-Sadler.png), who is known to sometimes portray villainous "redneck" characters. :)

2. Given the proximity of RAT's home to other crime scenes in the area, I wouldn't rule out connections to other cases, even Morgan Harrington. It's even possible he had an accomplice. Given the likelihood that the trailer LE confiscated might be a mobile math lab, don't most meth cooks work in pairs? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that they don't work alone. Also, its possible he had a pal in the area who also knew the landscape or had helped him (or vice versa). Could have been a hunting buddy, or a fellow druggie (if indeed that's what he was into). Pure conjecture, of course, but just wanted to share the thought.

Edit: An accomplice would also explain him getting back after dumping Alexis' car.

JoCoKSEyes
08-12-2013, 11:27 PM

And to answer your question about the stalking charge, yes, I seem to remember seeing it when I looked on the Virginia Court Case info site, but now I can't find it. Don't recall what county it was but I think, IIRC, the victim was a male? Anyone? My memory may not be serving me well. It's late.

Court records indicate the victim was a male.

cluciano63
08-12-2013, 11:30 PM
I am curious to see at what point LE will, if at all, request assistance for searches of larger areas, if nothing pans out. I also wonder if they have his pings and how specific the info is, from the night she went missing. Well, I am sure they have his phone records, but wonder if they were useful,i.e. was his phone on, was he carrying it, etc.

I really think his MO is probably to not allow his victim to live for very long after the abduction.

Dr. Terminus
08-12-2013, 11:31 PM

My stomach immediately turned to knots. I didn't want to be the one to suggest or assume a sexually motivated crime, but it's impossible not to ponder.

This is the last thing I wanted to hear.

forestchilde
08-12-2013, 11:31 PM
this was an unrelated share just put out there to inform people... but it gives a possible method for RAT getting a hold of Alexis... this is NOT from something related to her case... just info that could provide theory... read on....

A man came over and offered his services as a painter to a female who was putting gas in her car and left his card. She said no, but accepted his card out of kindness and got in the car. The man then got into a car driven by another gentleman. As the lady left the service station, she saw the men following her out of the station at the same time. Almost immediately, she started to feel dizzy and could not catch her breath. She tried to open the window and realized that the odor was on her hand; the same hand which accepted the card from the gentleman at the gas station.

She then noticed the men were immediately behind her and she felt she needed to do something at that moment. She drove into the first driveway and began to honk her horn repeatedly to ask for help. The men drove away but the lady still felt pretty bad for several minutes after she could finally catch her breath.

Apparently, there was a substance on the card that could have seriously injured her.

This drug is called 'BURUNDANGA' and it is used by people who wish to incapacitate a victim in order to steal from or take advantage of them like REPEATED GANG RAPE. This drug is four times more dangerous than the date rape drug and is transferable on simple cards.

So take heed and make sure you don't accept cards at any given time alone or from someone on the streets. This applies to those making house calls and slipping you a card when they offer their services .

could be something like this that caused her to not make it very far down the road from the gas station... just thinking outloud here...

Snopes rules this as an urban legend. http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/burundanga.asp

I was thinking that he could have done something to her car...not sure what, it would have had to have been quick.

ATasteOfHoney
08-12-2013, 11:32 PM

Yes, I mentioned something like this in my post here #255.

Ravynne
08-12-2013, 11:32 PM
O/T... I crave a nasty fast food burger when I drink!!! Pickles would be way better for me!

O/t
Try em.. The crunchy ones! Lol

msteach
08-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Just my 2c on rudeness. Alexis is a good student, athlete, intelligent but still only 17. I was raised to always, always be polite to my elders and I was raised to respect their authority. I would bet money on the fact that if RAT approached her - for whatever reason - she would not have been rude. She may have felt uneasy, but not enough to be rude or agressive. That gut feeling is real, but a *I'm guessing here* well-raised, not street smart young woman from a small town would would not automatically think predator and kick him in the balls at first creepy feeling.

JMHO.

Also, I've seen comments on how creepy he looks in the mugshots, but also many have said he looks familiar. I agree, he does. Like some kind of Harry Dean Stanton type who you might see around town, reminds you of someone but you can't *quite* place.

That kind of pseudo-familiarity might be another reason she didn't initially get away from him when he approached her (if he did).

Just random thoughts, no real help.

I hope she is found soon.

...AND she was raised in the South. Kids down here are still raised to say respect your elders, say "ma'am" and "sir" and are just raised to be way more polite and respectful of adults than any place I have ever lived. Who knows...maybe he isn't quite as scary when he is 'cleaned up', too. I just saw the note that said he was possibly a mechanic at a place where her family purchased a car. If so, he may have been a 'familiar' face and someone she trusted to work on a car.

One other post had posted about how they had never seen a car towed with a ball hitch. Don't forget about those little things that you can rent from UHaul and the like -- the thing that hitches to the back of your car and the front two tires ride on that little two wheeled platform.

Or...another option that came to mind this evening. He calls a buddy and says that he needs a ride from the apt complex -- maybe he helped a customer drop off a car, etc. -- all sorts of possibilities. Unwitting buddy thinks he is picking him up from something legitimate. Meets him at the clubhouse and off they go. Buddy never even saw him with the car and didn't ever even think about it.

Just K
08-12-2013, 11:37 PM
The local news, WSET, had RAT's neighbor on it. The neighbor said that it was creepy, but he didn't seem surprised. He also stated the he has seen RAT walk up and down RT29. I have always found it odd when people are walking on RT29. It's not but a straight shot between Lynchburg and Charlottesville with a lot of farm land with people going about 65/70 MPH. I never like driving this road at nights-- it gives me the creeps sometimes and I get weird feelings. He had a car, why walk up and down RT29?

Scoping out good spider holes? He is an evil sick POS! He may even re-visit his hiding places. That neighbor needs to show LE the areas where he walked along Rt 29.

Ravynne
08-12-2013, 11:38 PM
My stomach immediately turned to knots. I didn't want to be the one to suggest or assume a sexually motivated crime, but it's impossible not to ponder.

Nausea - check, knots - check. Agreed, probably shouldn't be ignored considering he purchased something in that store.

Moo

Soulmagent
08-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Ok, Here's some of the things that make me think Evontiz is the 29 stalker (or maybe there is more than one!)

One woman, Carmelito Shemo, who escaped the 29 stalker said Evonitz was the man who abducted her.

"Ann Ferguson Swibold of Orange said that Evonitz was the man who tried to stop her in Feb 1996 by suggesting she was having car troubles. Swibold told state police that a man in a dark sedan followed her along state route 230, a 10 mile stretch connecting US 29 in Madison County to US 15 in Orange. When she saw Evonitz photo she said she had no doubt. She was 101% certain."

Interviewed before Evonitz was confirmed as the Spotsylvania girls’ killer, Aidan Adrien Yates told state police Special Agent David A. Russillo that Evonitz was the man who followed her home from work along U.S. 29 in Culpeper in either August or September 1999.

She told police the driver was a clean-cut white man with brown hair and a neatly trimmed goatee.

Despite what is depicted in the 29 Stalker composites released to the public, many women reported the man had facial hair, some saying he may have had a mustache. One composite circulated among law enforcement officials shows a man with a goatee. Evonitz sported at least a mustache at the time, and also had a goatee at some point.

Handwritten notes found in Evonitz’s locked footlocker inside his home place him in the Lignum area of Culpeper where both Reynolds’ and McDaniel’s bodies were found. The notes also place him on the road that leads to Shenandoah National Park.

Evonitz did hang out in Orange and along 29. He also attacked and assaulted an 18 year old woman in a parking lot. So he didn't just go for young girls.

There's more. So much more actually!

In the Shenandoah killings the perp used a midshipman knot. Evonitz was in the navy.
The 29 stalker survivors described a black Nissan truck with lots of chrome. and a red coup. Evonitz had access to both cars through friends and was known to drive them. He came and went at work without signing in or out--he just made his own hours. he was missing from work for four days during the Shenandoah killings. on and on and on
all from: http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2007/112007/29/chapter1/index_html?page=1

How did she know who followed her home to tell the agent it was Mark Evonitz. Who BTW was not the guy who tried to flag me down. Nor was he driving either of the above mentioned cars.

In 1999 no one suspected Mark. No one ever heard of him.

eta I THINK Carmelito Shemo pointed Darrel rice out in court.

Ravynne
08-12-2013, 11:41 PM
I don't even wanna mention this but, what if what he bought is the DNA link between him and her?

Moo

Ravynne
08-12-2013, 11:42 PM
So sorry to mention that...

Moo

SisterWolf
08-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Numerous people have said that he looks familiar and suggested actors in movies etc. When I first saw the mugshots of him, he immediately reminded me of William H Macy - it's scary how similar they look! Anyone else see that too?

cluciano63
08-12-2013, 11:49 PM
IMO, there is little doubt this was a sexually motivated crime.

Just K
08-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Darrell David Rice was not the person who kidnapped and killed Alicia, and Shomo probably ID's the wrong person in her testimony at his trial, IMO. Neck tat cat lived in the same rural area (Lignum) Alicia was found in fer chrissakes, and he has been around Culpeper county, Hwy 29, and the greater Charlottesville area all of his life (until he moved to Lovingston, which is still on 29).

If I were a betting man, I'd bet the farm that he is the 29 stalker.

Tonto, I am right there with you on all of the above and "SKETCH" in Morgan's case. I see now that the FBI Info Sheet says that his is Black but that was HUGE news to me that they officially posted that. Because all along I had heard they were uncertain of his race.

BTW, In one of the 40+++ cases/charges/arrests that I posted early this morning, for RAT, I found one from 2003 where on the case file his address was listed as Lovingston. So, this is not the first time he lived there.

popsicle
08-12-2013, 11:52 PM

Snopes says this is False.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/burundanga.asp

bettiepageturner
08-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Numerous people have said that he looks familiar and suggested actors in movies etc. When I first saw the mugshots of him, he immediately reminded me of William H Macy - it's scary how similar they look! Anyone else see that too?

Oh man, I was wondering why I had a strange and fleeting pang of sympathy for him when I first saw his picture— I watched the movie Magnolia very recently! Kneejerk sympathy has now been evicted with proper paperwork. Still highly recommend that movie! I think sleuthers in particular would enjoy it.

I'll stop being a serial OT-er now. Here's hoping that tomorrow morning will be the one to deliver closure.

Just K
08-12-2013, 11:57 PM

No stranger to felony charges RAT
I half expected to see my extensive list. They are missing another couple dozen times he's been cited and or charged and arrested.

forestchilde
08-12-2013, 11:58 PM

Yes, I can see that.

writer411
08-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Certainly for the community, probably not the family, but for the community, closure would be a gift at this point. This is just terrible.

writer411
08-13-2013, 12:02 AM
In this article there are a couple of mentions of his "young" son.
http://www.readthehook.com/108360/living-shadow-samantha-clarkes-family-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment
UGH! Well, I stand corrected if that's the cause. GEEZ!

Heroine
08-13-2013, 12:09 AM
I agree with you. She is 17 years old, she would know by now not to follow strangers, unless she new him, does anyone know if they new each other? But I suppose it doesn't matter.

Not sure if she knew him but I think it could be possible considering other kids from her school knew him through the ffa trip or whatever. So I don't think it would have been impossible for her to have known him.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-13-2013, 12:09 AM
DO NOT BRING TWITTER RUMORS HERE! Websleuths does NOT do RUMORS!
(Same goes for Facebook.)

Also, please provide LINKS for things you are finding!

margarita25
08-13-2013, 12:10 AM
I know someone asked for a map of the area to get some perspective. North of Charlottesville is Culpeper and Orange where there have been other missing/murdered women. Here is a link with the areas related to this case highlighted.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=37.925119~-78.599386&lvl=10&dir=0&sty=h&sp=Point.qbdn238ftqsj_AM%20Car%20Found____~Point.q 8wbpq8dtv8s_RAT%20Home____~Point.q8s2yx8dt6nt_Libe rty%20Gas%20Station____&q=lovingston%2C%20va

Still getting caught up here, but potential areas that stick out upon an initial glance at this map are:

Tye River, James River State Park, Allens creek, and Stoneswall Mills (whatever that is).

*I'm going to start with guessing that she is south of all locations, since her car was found north (attempt to throw off investigators, red herring, etc.).

Much more to study and catch up on...

gemini1986
when you look in search for RAT @ VA Court Case (WAYNESBORO, VA) it shows a women who took him for PROFANE/THREATEN-PUBLIC AIRWAY and also they went to court over some debt.. I am thinking this is his gf because they once lived at same address in 04.

Just K
OT I love your posts and think you have such incredible insight!
Thank you kindly...we have similar styles and ideas. I love your succinct and factual posts...they are spot on.

margarita25
08-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Still getting caught up here--does anyone know around what year he got that dreadful tattoo? TIA.

margarita25
08-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Has anyone come across any links to Texas?

Tonto
08-13-2013, 12:13 AM
I will now call him neck tat cat rat.

EGirl
08-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Hello websleuths! First time poster here. I've been following this case for a few days now, and I must say, you all have done an incredible job of tracking down a wealth of information. Two things I wanted to add:

1. People have been mentioning the accused's familiar look and possible resemblance to an actor. Its is my belief that people are subconsciously associating him with William Sadler (http://www.thatfilmguy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/William-Sadler.png), who is known to sometimes portray villainous "redneck" characters. :)

SBM
I think he looks a lot like William Devane from the nose down..
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/section/movies/filmography/3/WireImage_3496229.jpg

margarita25
08-13-2013, 12:15 AM
<In reference to Morgan Harrington:>Charlottesville police have repeatedly refused to confirm they're looking for a black man, despite the appearance of the sketch. If there is a connection they'll know right away, though, because I'm sure the first thing they did was grab his DNA sample.

For anyone who is interested in Morgan Harrington's case, there is an episode about her disappearance on Investigation Discovery (ID) "Disappeared" (entitled "Heavy Metal Mystery" or something along those lines....it is available on netflix.)

joijoi12
08-13-2013, 12:17 AM
I don't know if the damage to the side of AM's car has been explained, but i immediately thought of it as I was reading about the Rt 29 cases and the comment/experience from Kate (April 26, 2011). She describes a similar car and that her experience took place in 2010.

http://www.ontherightinva.com/2010/01/27/has-the-route-29-stalker-returned-to-virginia/

gemini1986
08-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Rat has a Charge : SAFETY BELT VIOL/MINOR (8-17) oh my wonder who's child he had?? This is on 12/02/2010 and its him because it matches up with his DOB and Full Name.. In Orange Co

ktgirl
08-13-2013, 12:22 AM

I assumed everyone has been assuming this was the motive as soon as we got the info we did on the suspect and AM's aunt saying they didn't know him. IMO, RAT is a serial sexual predator. I guess I've been on WS too long and followed so many cases like this that I assume everyone assumes that's what has happened when a girl is taken by a guy who is linked to other abductions or it was a stranger who steals a girl. Why else would a guy steal a girl or woman that he doesn't know or barely knows? Kidnappings for ransom are extremely rare and neither Samantha Clarke or Alexis come from the Hearst family or other super-wealthy family.

My guess, unfortunately, is that poor Alexis was abducted, raped, killed, and then he hid her body....within a matter of hours. That's how most of these attacks by serial sexual predators or strangers seem to go down from my time on WS.

I think we shouldn't shy away from or feel bad about suggesting this. Yes, it's terrible for the victims and their families, but if we never talk about it and pretend it rarely happens, we do a disservice to everyone by not making them aware of what can happen. Never let a perp take you to a second location. Do whatever you can to not go with them. They likely aren't going to just rob you. They aren't going to keep you for ransom unless maybe you're a Hilton or a Hearst or from some other wealthy family. They aren't just going to give you a ride. They likely won't even keep you alive for an extended period of time (like Jaycee Duggard & the 3 women rescued in Cleveland). If a serial sexual predator (which any stranger or acquaintance could be) takes you, odds are you'll be raped and dead within hours, so you have to do all you can to not be taken to a second location by them. Pretending like that's not the case leads to us not being vigilant enough, IMO. Hope that makes sense.

popsicle
08-13-2013, 12:25 AM
I don't know if the damage to the side of AM's car has been explained, but i immediately thought of it as I was reading about the Rt 29 cases and the comment/experience from Kate (April 26, 2011). She describes a similar car and that her experience took place in 2010.

http://www.ontherightinva.com/2010/01/27/has-the-route-29-stalker-returned-to-virginia/

As far as we know there is no damage...also, she was driving her Dad's car that evening.

momrids6
08-13-2013, 12:25 AM
He lost custody- according to the article below: and that the son was "young".

"Taylor says he, too, would like to know what happened to Samantha. He lists the losses he's also experienced in the wake of her disappearance: custody of his son, who went to live with his mother after police allegedly warned him his arrest was imminent;"

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/living-shadow-samantha-clarkes-family-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

Just K
08-13-2013, 12:28 AM

That is a very new development in VA law and the DNA database is painfully backlogged. Priority is given to high profile cases so we may be hearing something sooner than later. My money is on RAT for dozens of missing and murdered women.

joijoi12
08-13-2013, 12:35 AM
As far as we know there is no damage...also, she was driving her Dad's car that evening.

I swore I saw a pic or video where it looked like there was damage across the entire bottom of one of the doors....it could have been from a previous incident. Someone else mentioned it in post #4 of this thread...but it is very possible that my eyes were playing tricks on me, because now I cannot find a pic..of course!

Just K
08-13-2013, 12:38 AM

Where he ambushed the Fairfax victim is a very dark path and he dragged her over to the pool house. It also has very poor lighting. This I know first hand.

margarita25
08-13-2013, 12:39 AM
The local news, WSET, had RAT's neighbor on it. The neighbor said that it was creepy, but he didn't seem surprised. He also stated the he has seen RAT walk up and down RT29. I have always found it odd when people are walking on RT29. It's not but a straight shot between Lynchburg and Charlottesville with a lot of farm land with people going about 65/70 MPH. I never like driving this road at nights-- it gives me the creeps sometimes and I get weird feelings. He had a car, why walk up and down RT29?

Hopefully all barns, etc. in this area are being thoroughly checked (I would imagine so). This is reminding me of Kathlynn Sheperd's case. :(

Dr. Terminus
08-13-2013, 12:42 AM
I assumed everyone has been assuming this was the motive as soon as we got the info we did on the suspect and AM's aunt saying they didn't know him. IMO, RAT is a serial sexual predator. I guess I've been on WS too long and followed so many cases like this that I assume everyone assumes that's what has happened when a girl is taken by a guy who is linked to other abductions or it was a stranger who steals a girl. Why else would a guy steal a girl or woman that he doesn't know or barely knows? Kidnappings for ransom are extremely rare and neither Samantha Clarke or Alexis come from the Hearst family or other super-wealthy family.

My guess, unfortunately, is that poor Alexis was abducted, raped, killed, and then he hid her body....within a matter of hours. That's how most of these attacks by serial sexual predators or strangers seem to go down from my time on WS.

I think we shouldn't shy away from or feel bad about suggesting this. Yes, it's terrible for the victims and their families, but if we never talk about it and pretend it rarely happens, we do a disservice to everyone by not making them aware of what can happen. Never let a perp take you to a second location. Do whatever you can to not go with them. They likely aren't going to just rob you. They aren't going to keep you for ransom unless maybe you're a Hilton or a Hearst or from some other wealthy family. They aren't just going to give you a ride. They likely won't even keep you alive for an extended period of time (like Jaycee Duggard & the 3 women rescued in Cleveland). If a serial sexual predator (which any stranger or acquaintance could be) takes you, odds are you'll be raped and dead within hours, so you have to do all you can to not be taken to a second location by them. Pretending like that's not the case leads to us not being vigilant enough, IMO. Hope that makes sense.

No, I understand completely. It's something that I felt before we even knew RAT was our suspect. I only mean that I have hardly seen it posted directly. It's the last thing you want to believe when a 17 year old girl goes missing, but one of the most likely explanations.

Ravynne
08-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Apparently, from the article I posted earlier Southern European, some Jewish and also Asians may contain sub Saharan DNA. I think that's how I understood it. I don't know what affect that may have on determining ethnicity. It seems it would be a broad swath to figure out ethnicity. I know nothing of DNA so definitely open to clarification on it.

African admixture in Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because I don't trust wiki 100%

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110524153536.htm

wendle83
08-13-2013, 12:48 AM
I'm going to ask the stupid question here. When he goes for his court appearance, what exactly is that for? Just to inform him of what he's being charged with???

Dr. Terminus
08-13-2013, 12:50 AM
I'm going to ask the stupid question here. When he goes for his court appearance, what exactly is that for? Just to inform him of what he's being charged with???

It seems to be a preliminary hearing of sorts. I'm assuming that they will address the future trial, rights, and appoint an attorney if he cannot afford one.

Claudia
08-13-2013, 12:53 AM

No such thing as a stupid question. :)

Ravynne
08-13-2013, 12:54 AM
Also, I may be a bit confused on this but I'm gonna ask anyway. How exactly does the sub Saharan DNA play into all of this? I'm really interested, but can't wrap my brain around it.

Just confused as to whether this perp has any ties to whomever tested positive for sub Saharan DNA.

Moo

margarita25
08-13-2013, 12:54 AM

No stranger to felony charges RAT

From this article, he has arson charges.

So, he's a fire starter....not good.

If anybody out there remembers any fires in the area during this time frame, it would be worth reporting to LE. Travis Forbes lit a fire to dispose of evidence...we also know that fire was involved in both Noelle Paquette's and Tim Bosma's cases. :(

forestchilde
08-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Alexis' family talks about Taylor:

Trina Murphy said, "I have seen his face. The tattoo on his neck is recognizable. Definitely have seen the truck, but do I know anybody that knows him? No. Never to my knowledge even spoke to the man."

They do not believe Alexis had ever interacted with Taylor.

"For lack of better words, he's a creepy-looking guy, so I think she would be afraid of him," said Trina Murphy.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23116752/murphy-family-says-they-recognize-abduction-suspect-and-truck

margarita25
08-13-2013, 12:58 AM
So, we have an experienced predator, experienced with LE and investigative operations, who is very familiar with the area and with the outdoors (camper, etc.).

This could prove to be very challenging, finding Alexis. Thank goodness LE has alotted so many departments and resources. They're going to need them.

Just K
08-13-2013, 01:00 AM

OOPs, not a country born person. I called the ball a hitch. But the point is, he may have towed that car to C-ville and thus had his own ride back. As to dropping a car off in a parking lot, it was left in the dark area near two apartment complexes. If anyone saw that they may have thought someone was just leaving their broken down car there because they didn't have enough money to get it fixed yet. Just a thought...

wendle83
08-13-2013, 01:02 AM

If anybody out there remembers any fires in the area during this time frame, it would be worth reporting to LE. Travis Forbes lit a fire to dispose of evidence...we also know that fire was involved in both Noelle Paquette's and Tim Bosma's cases. :(

Geez!! RAT was into a little bit of everything. Maybe it would be best if we think about what this dude WASN'T into.

Dr. Terminus
08-13-2013, 01:03 AM
So, we have an experienced predator, experienced with LE and investigative operations, who is very familiar with the area and with the outdoors (camper, etc.).

This could prove to be very challenging, finding Alexis. Thank goodness LE has alotted so many departments and resources. They're going to need them.

This is where I believe his vehicle comes into play. FBI not only released photographs of RAT himself, but of his vehicle. I can only imagine they want to see if he was witnessed anywhere suspicious or out of the ordinary in the past week.

Just K
08-13-2013, 01:03 AM

Depending on the date, that may definitely put Brittnae Drexel on the list.

forestchilde
08-13-2013, 01:04 AM
More from the family:

Alexis' great-aunt says they do not know Randy Allen Taylor, but have seen his camouflaged truck around town. She says she has even seen it on Keys Church Road, which is where Alexis lives.

So if he has been seen near where she lives I wonder if he was stalking her? I can't help but think this wasn't random.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Alexis-Murphys-Great-Aunt-Speaks-Out-About-Investigation-219316571.html?device=phone

margarita25
08-13-2013, 01:06 AM
Depending on the date, that may definitely put Brittnae Drexel on the list.

Thought there was a main suspect in Brittany's case who lived very near to where her phone last pinged (very, very dangerous terrain!)...(Brittany's case is also featured on ID "Disappeared")

momrids6
08-13-2013, 01:11 AM

FYI- for your awareness space:
"a lakefront community where Taylor kept a camper, and where they said he would sometimes hold parties. "

This community is

"investigators searched the Greene Acres subdivision and had divers search its lake on multiple occasions, but if they found anything to suggest Samantha had been there, they're not saying. "

Also: He lost his home in the Eheart's Corner trailer park on Ridge Road in Orange County. Unemployed and unable to make rent, he says he was recently evicted.

margarita25
08-13-2013, 01:14 AM
NBC29 ‏@NBC29 38m

"camo-wrapped Suburban at that time."

slightly o/t, but we've talked a lot about these wraps...IIRC, in the thread about the possible abduction of the unknown little boy on July 4th...

margarita25
08-13-2013, 01:19 AM
FYI- for your awareness space:
"a lakefront community where Taylor kept a camper, and where they said he would sometimes hold parties. "

This community is

"investigators searched the Greene Acres subdivision and had divers search its lake on multiple occasions, but if they found anything to suggest Samantha had been there, they're not saying. "

Also: He lost his home in the Eheart's Corner trailer park on Ridge Road in Orange County. Unemployed and unable to make rent, he says he was recently evicted.

I wonder, any vacant or abandoned trailers around there? Maybe even one he used to live in, who knows...obviously also hunting leases / shacks, cabins, sheds in the woods...<thinking out loud>...

margarita25
08-13-2013, 01:21 AM
I also can't help but wonder if he has any fellow creep alliances...maybe someone he met in prison.

ktgirl
08-13-2013, 01:27 AM
Thought there was a main suspect in Brittany's case who lived very near to where her phone last pinged (very, very dangerous terrain!)...(Brittany's case is also featured on ID "Disappeared")

You are correct. Raymond Moody, a RSO who lives outside of Myrtle Beach, has been named as a person of interest in the disappearances of Brittanee Drexel and Crystal Soles:

Detectives say Raymond Moody is the primary “person of interest” in the 2009 disappearance of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel, who was last seen on surveillance video leaving a popular Myrtle Beach hotel along Ocean Boulevard in a case that sparked widespread media coverage. Moody, who served 21 years in prison for abducting and raping a California girl in 1983, is also being looked at in connection with another missing woman, 28-year-old Crystal Soles, law enforcement sources told FoxNews.com.*

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/16/south-carolina-sex-offender-eyed-in-cold-case-disappearances-brittanee-drexel/#ixzz2bp8arTrQ

I've always felt that Moody was responsibe for Brittanee's disappearance (I can't explain it, it just "feels" like the correct answer to me); her mom maintains that some of the people she was in Myrtle Beach with on vacation may have been involved.

Even if RAT has an old address listed in Charleston, SC, that's about 2 hrs from Myrtle Beach (where Brittanee disappeared). I'd think missing women in and around Charleston and back in VA would be more likely victims.

ktgirl
08-13-2013, 01:30 AM
"camo-wrapped Suburban at that time."

slightly o/t, but we've talked a lot about these wraps...IIRC, in the thread about the possible abduction of the unknown little boy on July 4th...

Interesting. I don't recall....was the vehicle in that case a camo-wrapped Suburban?

momrids6
08-13-2013, 01:34 AM
Interesting. I don't recall....was the vehicle in that case a camo-wrapped Suburban?

It was a light blue van- some speculated the color may have been a wrap.

ktgirl
08-13-2013, 01:35 AM

Apparently he also lived in Fort Walton Beach, FL (according to your link and scrolling down to #82). I'd love to know when he lived there so I could search for missing women & unsolved murders of women for the time he was there.

Particularly because of these cases-
Kemberly Ramer - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/ramer_kemberly.html
Andrea Durham - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/durham_andrea.html

Just K
08-13-2013, 01:41 AM

I live in a very very ethnically mixed area (greater Boston) where we get to be familiar with a wide variety of facial and body types; I have thought the sketch of the Fairfax rapist looked more like he was Iranian or Iraqi or even northern India. I don't see any reason he couldn't be Hispanic, especially considering that many Hispanics are mixed descent, with African and native blood.

Apparently RAT has a prior conviction for a violent crime, though. If that's true, then he can't be Morgan's killer because his DNA would have been in the Virginia database and would have turned up as a match before now.

Up until very recently, DNA was only taken after a felony conviction. A revision in the law has made it allowable to take the DNA of persons only accused of a felony.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3JUBdsSOw1sJ:www.nij.gov/journals/270/arrestee-dna.htm+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

[9] The Supreme Court of Virginia upheld the arrestee law (Anderson v. Commonwealth of Virginia, 650 S.E. 2d 702 (Va.2007)

...[10] Alabama, Alaska, California, Colorado, Florida (by 2019), Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico (2011), North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota and Vermont authorize DNA collection from any individual charged with a felony offense. Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Virginia authorize collection for a subset of felonies...

[13] For example, arraignment or a judicial probable cause determination is needed for collection in Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, North Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont and Virginia;

"Who is responsible for initiating expungement?"

In order for an arrestee profile to be uploaded to NDIS, states must have FBI-approved expungement provisions that describe the process for expunging a profile if a qualifying charge is dismissed or results in acquittal. Most states place the responsibility for initiating expungement on the individual from whom a sample was collected. States that bear the responsibility for initiating expungement include Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont and Virginia.[17]..."

Depending on when RAT was last charged with a felony...DNA may not have been taken unless he was CONVICTED.

Soulmagent
08-13-2013, 01:43 AM
It was a light blue van- some speculated the color may have been a wrap.

A bit pricey for a whole van. I really don't see why this guy put it on his truck if he did as seems he had rent issues ,yet gas and get ups were must haves...
http://www.camomyride.com/products/categories.php?type=1575

Just K
08-13-2013, 01:46 AM

Yes, iirc, 2003 Charlottesville against a MAN. The charge was later dismissed.

ktgirl
08-13-2013, 01:53 AM
A bit pricey for a whole van. I really don't see why this guy put it on his truck if he did as seems he had rent issues ,yet gas and get ups were must haves...

Honestly, I know so many guys in the south who live with their mama and have nothing else to their name to speak of aside from a truck they've put more money into than they would have on a spent on rent if mama had kicked them out. Doesn't surprise me at all.

I do kind of think RAT probably did a camo-wrap because he thought his truck could "blend in" to the natural environment when he disposed of victims, not just cause it looks cool (to some people...not to me).

1&2&3
08-13-2013, 01:58 AM
:seeya::seeya::great::rockon::hen::partyguy::HHJP: From RAT's long detailed conviction list, it appears he gets suspended sentences time after time! This is worse than going to jail and getting your sentence reduced for all the reasons they come up with. No wonder this RAT had such a cocky look to him, he never goes to jail!

The first picture I saw of him, my first impression was that he is a narcissist! He just had a cocky, smirky look and the way he carried himself. No one was going to touch him! Well RAT, hopefully this time you won't ever be getting out to see daylight again!

BUT, a lot more details are going to have to come to light for this to happen! This could be a case that will be the big break for a new lawyer and make his career!

Just having RAT talking to AM at the gas station, following her out in his car, her scent found with her car at the side of the theater and the apt. clubhouse, and RAT identified as being in Bliss alone on the day AM disappeared. This just does not seem to be the quality of stuff to charge one with murder! The outside cameras on buildings are many times just fake, or old and do not work. Do we know for sure about the outside camera at the theater? Did the clubhouse have a indoor or outdoor camera? Have I missed some connecting pieces?

What is the difference in an abduction charge and a kidnapping charge?
TIA f:seeya:or your answers.

Just K
08-13-2013, 02:11 AM
I swore I saw a pic or video where it looked like there was damage across the entire bottom of one of the doors....it could have been from a previous incident. Someone else mentioned it in post #4 of this thread...but it is very possible that my eyes were playing tricks on me, because now I cannot find a pic..of course!

It was in one of the news videos when they were loading the car onto the flatbed. I'm not sure now what I saw because the still pictures don't show it. The damage, I thought I saw, was on the entire lower panel/skirting under the doors of the passenger side.

Just K
08-13-2013, 02:16 AM

There was a fire set the morning of the discovery of Morgan Harrington's remains. It occurred in North Garden, if I remember correctly.

VaN8tiv
08-13-2013, 02:18 AM
I believe they're in VA Beach.
I'm curious about the Virginia Beach family members. Do we know if RAT is originally from that area? Any time frames for how long his family has been there?
Not looking for names to sleuth, just dates.

momrids6

Soulmagent, you will be my 14 yr old's new best friend for this website link :)

IHAVENOCLUE
No need to apologize, I wasn't 100% sure how you meant it, so I thought I'd err on the side of caution and apologize. It's all good

:thumb:

Ashley426
08-13-2013, 02:21 AM
I'm hoping today is the day. I've been thinking about Alexis all day, especially after seeing her poor mother at the press conference. I don't care if it's him talking, a tip, randomly finding her..it just needs done!

IHAVENOCLUE
08-13-2013, 02:32 AM
Ok, actually I am not a total newbie. Use to post a LONG time ago under another user name that I couldn't for the life of me remember. :seeya:

Anyway...this case has hit me strongly for some reason. Could be the fact that my daughter lives about 45 minutes away from the scene and myself about 2+ hours. I've driven that stretch of 29 myself on a number of occasions. My heart breaks for Alexis and her family. I hope they find her alive and safe but it's hard to hold out hope when they arrest a suspect and don't find the victim.

A few thoughts.

1. Several have said he may have lured her by saying something was wrong with her car. Seems a likely scenario but I'm not so sure. Anyone who has looked at her twitter feed knows that she was on her phone almost constantly. I would question that she'd just follow a stranger without texting someone, tweeting something, or calling someone. I know teens can be rather naive but it's just hard to imagine her being so trusting of some creepy dude like this. I think he got to her some other way. I could be wrong, but I don't see her just following him. I think she'd have called family or someone and told them.

2. Someone said on the previous thread that his vehicle is certainly one that couldn't be missed. Not in this neck of the woods. I wouldn't give a vehicle like that a second glance because people around here drive all kinds of odd vehicles. As soon as I saw it I thought "I've seen that vehicle or something similar" and I don't even live in Nelson county. Nobody would think twice about the spot light either. Creepy if you ask me but not unusual in these parts.

3. The camper. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a meth lab or something of the sort. We had a house not from from us busted for cooking meth. They had a camper back in the woods. Always freaked me out to see it back there when I took a walk.

4. Someone mentioned him not "owning" property. I don't think that's significant. It is very possible he knew his way around in the woods and mountains behind the house he was renting. There is nothing back there. Nothing but woods and mountains. It's pretty secluded. This is going to be a hell of a search if he doesn't own up. We've had a very wet summer so foliage is thick, thick, thick. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of it.

5. Is he the RT 29 stalker? That was one of my first thoughts. He knows the area, he's been in the area all up and down 29. I think it is very possible they will connect him to a number of crimes if the cards are played right.

Above all...I hope and pray Alexis is alive and they find her soon. My heart is just breaking over this.

:wagon: Forestchilde! :welcome:

Welcome back! Great, insightful post from a "local"!

:seeya:

momrids6
08-13-2013, 02:39 AM
he may have towed that car to C-ville

RSBM: I found a picture of the car. It could not have been towed- as the front of the car is facing the curb. It is a front wheel drive- and must be towed with the front in the air, back wheels on the ground. Unless he put the towing vehicle up on that curbed grass....

http://www.blueridgelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/murphy-car-rr-2.jpg

Also- they tracked A scent to the clubhouse. They did not specify whose scent.

I believe you are correct in thinking he dropped the car off there & got a ride from the clubhouse.

Just K
08-13-2013, 02:39 AM
I finally caught up and now there are just a few here.

Time to read some of the articles re: the family speaking out and the 29 Stalker.

I hope someone remembers seeing him in that truck but it could have been another vehicle he had access to.

I get the sense, too, that he doesn't necessarily work alone all of the time. But, I could be wrong. I think the two guys and that one guy's girlfriend, in the Samantha Clark case need to be talked to again. Wonder where they are 2.5 years on, since her disappearance.

Question: Do those wraps go on & off at will?

Just K
08-13-2013, 02:43 AM
RSBM: I found a picture of the car. It could not have been towed- as the front of the car is facing the curb. It is a front wheel drive- and must be towed with the front in the air, back wheels on the ground. Unless he put the towing vehicle up on that curbed grass....

I believe you are correct in thinking he dropped the car off there & got a ride from the clubhouse.

Agreed, again it didn't even occur to me that he or someone parked it with the front tires to the curb...great catch!

IHAVENOCLUE
08-13-2013, 02:44 AM

This is what I am thinking...

This POS has been honing his skills for a long time (IMO)... And he probably has quite a few tricks up his sleeve... Not to mention he may be quite a good "actor" by now... Kind of like a chameleon...

therefore... Though scary to accept... But even people trained in "stranger danger" can be fooled...

:eek:

JMO

IHAVENOCLUE
08-13-2013, 02:52 AM

Bill Thomas
Los Angeles, CA

:grouphug: Bill! :grouphug:

I hope we can help you get some answers!

momrids6
08-13-2013, 02:56 AM
Question: Do those wraps go on & off at will?

RSBM: They are like a heavy duty cricut vinyl or contact paper you line shelves with. They go on harder than they come off. They are typically not re-useable, as the vinyl stretches out of shape when removed.

Claudia
08-13-2013, 03:02 AM

Great catch! :thumbup:

ETA: I never really looked before, but there are several cars in that lot. I was under the impression it was rarely used, kinda deserted. Doesn't look that way at all in this pic...

IHAVENOCLUE
08-13-2013, 03:05 AM

Thanks Tonto!

I just learned a new term!

Hebephile... Interest in pubescent children.. Ages 11-14..

Tonto
08-13-2013, 03:11 AM
We haven't asked the question why his being in the video store is A) relevant and B) led them to arresting him? I think we should explore this.

Also, I wonder if she was alive and well but under duress in Charlottesville. I wonder if he drove her in her car up to the theatre and then marched her down that path behind the apartments and towards the clubhouse and retention pond. I wonder if she is in that retention pond.

If he is the cat who did this to Morgan - but more importantly in this example, to the woman in Fairfax - then it involved a clubhouse at an apartment complex. If he is a serial killer, it could be one of his habitual neuroses.

All pure speculation and random questions. Just throwing it out there for ya'll to ponder and critique.

momrids6
08-13-2013, 03:21 AM
We haven't asked the question why his being in the video store is A) relevant and B) led them to arresting him? I think we should explore this.

RSBM: Video store and Carmike parking lot are 2.3 miles apart. MSM concerning video store cameras- they were only inside, and clerk was unsure if he was driving the camo suburban at the time. He also purchased something at the store

Ravynne
08-13-2013, 03:24 AM
I'm thinking what he purchased may be the DNA link between them.

Moo and all that

momrids6
08-13-2013, 03:32 AM
There may be a missing reflector on the rear trim panel.

another 2003 maxima: notice red reflector:
http://332-auto-sales.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/maxima.jpg

Alexis's Dad's car:

IHAVENOCLUE
08-13-2013, 03:36 AM
Someone is saying over on Find Alexis Facebook that she bought a car at Drive away motors in Ruckersville and RAT is a mechanic there.

If true... This would open the possibility of Alexis knowing him... Being familiar with him... And trusting his mechanical knowledge...

additionally... knowing where he works can provide us with more background on him!

JMO

IHAVENOCLUE
08-13-2013, 03:38 AM

However... I wonder what car she bought there...

and why she was borrowing her father's car the night she went missing?

:waitasec:

JMO

momrids6
08-13-2013, 04:00 AM
2002, when he was arrested and later convicted for arson in Albemarle County.

Taylor set fire to a car in 2002. According to court records, he was found guilty of arson in February 2005. As part of a plea deal, two related charges were dropped. He was given a two-year suspended sentence but had to pay an insurance company more than $19,000.

RSBM: Why does a person torch a vehicle ? Evidence, imo.

IHAVENOCLUE
08-13-2013, 04:10 AM

2. Given the proximity of RAT's home to other crime scenes in the area, I wouldn't rule out connections to other cases, even Morgan Harrington. It's even possible he had an accomplice. Given the likelihood that the trailer LE confiscated might be a mobile math lab, don't most meth cooks work in pairs? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that they don't work alone. Also, its possible he had a pal in the area who also knew the landscape or had helped him (or vice versa). Could have been a hunting buddy, or a fellow druggie (if indeed that's what he was into). Pure conjecture, of course, but just wanted to share the thought.

Edit: An accomplice would also explain him getting back after dumping Alexis' car.
:wagon: Legrasse! :welcome:

accomplice... Good thought!

LittleMissContrary
08-13-2013, 04:12 AM
I personally don't think this case is related to Morgan Harrington's case.
Jmo

IHAVENOCLUE
08-13-2013, 04:18 AM
Rat has a Charge : SAFETY BELT VIOL/MINOR (8-17) oh my wonder who's child he had?? This is on 12/02/2010 and its him because it matches up with his DOB and Full Name.. In Orange Co

Could have been his own son... About 8 years old in 2010...

JMO

IHAVENOCLUE
08-13-2013, 04:43 AM

Also, I wonder if she was alive and well but under duress in Charlottesville. I wonder if he drove her in her car up to the theatre and then marched her down that path behind the apartments and towards the clubhouse and retention pond. I wonder if she is in that retention pond.

If he is the cat who did this to Morgan - but more importantly in this example, to the woman in Fairfax - then it involved a clubhouse at an apartment complex. If he is a serial killer, it could be one of his habitual neuroses.

All pure speculation and random questions. Just throwing it out there for ya'll to ponder and critique.

I, too, am still wondering if the retention pond/bodies of water by the apartments have been searched...

:waitasec:

QuestionMark
08-13-2013, 04:43 AM
After reading all these posts and researching unsolved homicides and missing persons cases.... I have a really bad feeling about this guy.

What if he has worked in a "team" before? I always thought Morgan had more than one person kill/dispose of her body out on that remote farm. I hope this opens many doors for grieving families, and thank god this monster is off the streets (I should add alleged since he hasn't been convicted).

FYI about the ethnicity/racial markers for DNA, my grandfather had one of those tests done and found out he is 80% English/British and 20% African. We were very surprised, as we expected him to be 100% English. My dad was then tested and yup he is 10%. Such an interesting and previously unknown part of our history! Here is the thing... My grandpa is blonde (now has white hair) with super fair skin. You would NEVER know. 20% might seem insignificant, but I'm 25% Greek and I REALLY look Greek. And yet my sister (full sibling) has platinum blonde hair and super fair skin. Genetics are crazy, complicated and super interesting.

That is why I wonder if Morgan had more than one killer.... Maybe the guy whose DNA was found and identified as being the perp in the 2005 assault knows this Randy Taylor creep. Who knows?!

JMO

QuestionMark
08-13-2013, 04:49 AM
I also wondered if the DNA from Morgan's shirt was the only DNA recovered, maybe that was staged (meant to be found) or was planted as a red herring.

Jmo

IHAVENOCLUE
08-13-2013, 04:59 AM
Just a thought...

but if tatt cat RAT has an accomplice... Which very well could be... Then I can't see RAT taking the fall...

hopefully he will "RAT" out the accomplice... Just so he doesn't have to take the blame ... And more information will be exposed...

JMO

QuestionMark
08-13-2013, 05:05 AM
Just a thought...

but if tatt cat RAT has an accomplice... Which very well could be... Then I can't see RAT taking the fall...

hopefully he will "RAT" out the accomplice... Just so he doesn't have to take the blame ... And more information will be exposed...

JMO

I totally agree with you... Let's hope he sings like a canary

FrauShan78
08-13-2013, 06:27 AM
After reading all these posts and researching unsolved homicides and missing persons cases.... I have a really bad feeling about this guy.

What if he has worked in a "team" before? I always thought Morgan had more than one person kill/dispose of her body out on that remote farm. I hope this opens many doors for grieving families, and thank god this monster is off the streets (I should add alleged since he hasn't been convicted).

FYI about the ethnicity/racial markers for DNA, my grandfather had one of those tests done and found out he is 80% English/British and 20% African. We were very surprised, as we expected him to be 100% English. My dad was then tested and yup he is 10%. Such an interesting and previously unknown part of our history! Here is the thing... My grandpa is blonde (now has white hair) with super fair skin. You would NEVER know. 20% might seem insignificant, but I'm 25% Greek and I REALLY look Greek. And yet my sister (full sibling) has platinum blonde hair and super fair skin. Genetics are crazy, complicated and super interesting.

That is why I wonder if Morgan had more than one killer.... Maybe the guy whose DNA was found and identified as being the perp in the 2005 assault knows this Randy Taylor creep. Who knows?!

JMO

Every human being on this planet will have some form of sub-saharan show up in their genetics. Contrary to popular belief we all came from Africa and genetics will pick that up in everyone. Also, science (which is my education area psychology/biology) believes that race is a social construct and has no backing in science anymore. Now in higher level science there is about one page that references it in science books, in particular talking about the diseases that are particular to individual races. Example, sickle cell anemia to the African/Asian races. COPD to Caucasian races, etc. Just to inform.

prospektor
08-13-2013, 06:51 AM
I will now call him neck tat cat rat.

Don't forget the tat is Daffy, so how about neck tat duck cat RAT ... that hopefully sings like a canary.

At first I thought he'd have towed the car into the city, but not directly to the parking lot, as it'd be too risky, someone might watch it and remember it as being unusual. Rather he'd drop the car of a few streets away, park his truck elsewhere, walk back to the car and drive it to the parking lot where it was found. So potential witnesses to the most noteworthy act, dropping off a towed vehicle, who could also identify his truck, wouldn't be questioned by police as the vehicle would ultimately be found elsewhere.

I'd really like to know if the scent indeed ended at the clubhouse, as at some point he had to leave it, unless he was picked up directly at the doorstep. Maybe that's where he parked his truck after dropping the car off, then walking back to get the car and drop it off at the same parking lot. Getting out, having a beer at the clubhouse, then leave in his truck.

The towing scenario eliminates witnesses that else had to provide transportation back to his home (unless he walked or had accomplices), however, it leaves witnesses that might spot him towing the car on his way. Oh, the (potential) dilemmas of a (potential) serial killer. :sigh:

danzn16
08-13-2013, 06:53 AM
Every human being on this planet will have some form of sub-saharan show up in their genetics. Contrary to popular belief we all came from Africa and genetics will pick that up in everyone. Also, science (which is my education area psychology/biology) believes that race is a social construct and has no backing in science anymore. Now in higher level science there is about one page that references it in science books, in particular talking about the diseases that are particular to individual races. Example, sickle cell anemia to the African/Asian races. COPD to Caucasian races, etc. Just to inform.

Yes I've just been doing research on this. I have .4% subsaharan African in my DNA as I just got it tested on 23andme

danzn16
08-13-2013, 06:54 AM
According to the article Alexis was not with him in the surveillance videos as the adult store.

I understand she was not with him at the store but did she enter the store at all?

Hopeful One
08-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Neck tat cat rat, neck tat duck cat rat.... You guys are cracking me up! (We all need a little humor every now and again!)

I hope she is found today!!!

21merc7
08-13-2013, 07:47 AM
Caught up now.

Anyone local know if there are unused cabins or barns near RAT's home? Any caves? Any old wells not in use?

teknoge3k
08-13-2013, 08:08 AM
That is a very new development in VA law and the DNA database is painfully backlogged. Priority is given to high profile cases so we may be hearing something sooner than later. My money is on RAT for dozens of missing and murdered women.

Virginia has been doing this since January 1, 2003. It's not too new (over 10 years old)..

It's not as backlogged as you think. (I come from a family of law enforcement)

teknoge3k
08-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Ok for the speculation that her car was towed to Charlottesville. I think I can debunk that theory or even a theory that he drove it there himself.

Our local news is covering this case, so naturally they were on the scene when they were investigating the car. When they were investigating the car and had the dogs going around it and checking things out, it sounded like the alarm was going off on the car. You could clearly hear it on the news footage. If the car would have been towed and the alarm would have been activated, it would have been going off long before that and would have been noticed. I personally believe she drove the car to Charlottesville, and activated the alarm on the car once she got out. After that, is anyones guess.

That's just my theory.

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 08:33 AM
http://www.wset.com/story/23120399/randytaylor

popsicle
He will appear via video for an advisement hearing at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday in a Nelson County Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court.

http://www.wset.com/story/23120399/randytaylor?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

forestchilde
I understand she was not with him at the store but did she enter the store at all?

You mean at any time? They haven't said. Just said he was alone when he entered the store the day she disappeared. Not even sure they've said what time it was.One article said he purchased movies.

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 08:34 AM
A hearing for Randy Taylor is scheduled in Nelson County Juvenile and Domestic Relations court at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. The hearing was moved out of General District Court because Alexis Murphy is a minor, and juvenile court has jurisdiction over offenses involving children.

Murphy, 17, has not been seen since August 3.

Taylor is still being held without bail in the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail. He will appear by video for the hearing.

The purpose of an advisement hearing is to inform Taylor of his right to be represented by an attorney. He can waive his right to a lawyer and represent himself, try to obtain a court-appointed lawyer, or hire his own lawyer to represent him.

There will be no plea or evidence heard at the hearing.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/arrest-made-in-alexis-murphy-case/-/20128466/21423172/-/10ry68e/-/index.html

more at link including video

forestchilde
08-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Caught up now.

Anyone local know if there are unused cabins or barns near RAT's home? Any caves? Any old wells not in use?

I don't know about that particular area but I do know you can drive down most any road in rural VA and find a number of abandoned buildings - barns, old houses, sheds, trailers. The geology would suggest caves as well. Probably not deep or that accessible and likely only accessible on foot in rough terrain. Not sure about wells.

astridxx
08-13-2013, 08:37 AM
edited to remove post that someone else already pointed out -- I've gotta start staying up all night to keep up with this thread!!! LOL

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Authorities obtained a search warrant for Taylor’s home the afternoon of Aug. 6, roughly six hours before Alexis’s car was found in the Carmike Six Cinema parking lot just off U.S. 29 in Albemarle County last Tuesday.
On Saturday, agents on four-wheelers scoured the area near Taylor’s home off U.S. 29, just north of Lovingston, with axes, rakes and hoes, neighbors said. In Charlottesville, authorities retrieved footage of Taylor from video surveillance at Ultimate Bliss, an adult novelty store just more than two miles from the Carmike, said store manager Kevin Bennett. Alexis did not appear in the footage, Bennett said.
Bennett would not say when Taylor visited the store but said authorities arrived Saturday.
"It’s kind of a shock to get a call that there’s some FBI agents wanting to talk to you," Bennett said. "My part-timer recognized him from the Daffy Duck tattoo on his neck, because there aren’t too many people walking around with a cartoon character on their neck. He just purchased some movies."
An employer and acquaintances of Taylor’s described him as a quiet, hardworking man, who kept mostly to himself working off and on at a local used car lot.
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_7945f6ac-0365-11e3-9eb7-0019bb30f31a.html

much more at link. Also says that warrants remain under seal.

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 08:43 AM
didn't we see the word sedan somewhere relating to the 29 stalker?

"We knew he had a past, because he’d been honest with us," Taylor’s employer, Tere Vann, said Monday at the Ruckersville car lot where he’s worked off and on for the past five years.
Vann’s business was the scene of a 2011 clash between employees and law enforcement over a GPS tracking device that Town of Orange police placed near the back bumper of Taylor’s sedan, according to Greene County court records. Taylor discovered the device after officers told him his rear right license plate light was out, court records state.
Several officers came to the car lot and demanded he return the device, which he had asked a coworker to hold on to, according to court records. The same records state that employees called 911 after an officer ripped the device out of a female coworker’s hands.
"We knew it was about that girl missing in Orange County," Vann said.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_7945f6ac-0365-11e3-9eb7-0019bb30f31a.html

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Taylor is no stranger to the law, court records show.
His rap sheet of criminal offenses stretches back more than 20 years. His largely nonviolent criminal history appears to be bookended by a 1992 burglary conviction in Virginia Beach and a March petit larceny conviction in Greene County.
Virginia Beach court records show Taylor was convicted of statutory burglary and grand larceny in 1992 and sentenced to 10 years behind bars, with all but 4 ½ years suspended.
Albemarle County court records show Taylor was convicted of arson in February 2005, given a two-year suspended sentence and ordered to pay $6,302.51 in restitution. Taylor’s suspended sentence was revoked in June 2011, after he failed to pay restitution. His sentence was immediately re-suspended on conditions of good behavior and that he pay at least $50 a month toward his restitution.
Taylor has paid a total of $855 since 2005, records show, $305 between June 2011 and January, when Taylor made his last payment.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/a-mother-s-torment-as-search-for-alexis-hits-day/article_a66b51f0-03c3-11e3-9a97-0019bb30f31a.html

that puts him out of jail around the 1996 time frame. This is good to know

forestchilde
08-13-2013, 08:50 AM
If you go to google maps and look at Eades Lane there is what appears to possibly be a quarry of some sort. You can follow the power line from down where the search area was at Country Lane up to Eades. It goes by a couple of mobile homes as well, but the quarry really struck me as possibly significant.

teknoge3k
08-13-2013, 08:51 AM
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/a-mother-s-torment-as-search-for-alexis-hits-day/article_a66b51f0-03c3-11e3-9a97-0019bb30f31a.html

Others were asking if he had any ties to Virginia Beach or ever lived there. That gives your answer!

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 08:51 AM
http://www.nbc29.com/story/23116062/man-arrested-in-alexis-murphy-disappearance-could-be-linked-to-similar-case

article and video about Samatha's case and possible connection.

danzn16
08-13-2013, 08:54 AM
You mean at any time? They haven't said. Just said he was alone when he entered the store the day she disappeared. Not even sure they've said what time it was.One article said he purchased movies.

Thanks for the reply. That does not sound good. He must have been seen following her at some point whether it be at the store or later. I wonder in what proximity this adult store is to the gas station she was last seen at?

forestchilde
08-13-2013, 08:55 AM

Yes! And 1996 was when Alicia Reynolds and Anne McDaniel were murdered.

Ashley426
08-13-2013, 08:57 AM

:sick: I can't help but wonder if he went to the store looking for movies, then somewhere came across Alexis and wanted to get his "fix" in real life...I hate saying that, it breaks my heart, but it's a possibility. This is just all wrong place, wrong time. :(

forestchilde
08-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the reply. That does not sound good. He must have been seen following her at some point whether it be at the store or later. I wonder in what proximity this adult store is to the gas station she was last seen at?

It is quite a distance. 30 miles or so. About a 40 minute drive.

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Virginia Beach Circuit - Criminal Division
Click on Case Number for Details

CaseNumber Defendant Charge Hear Date Status
CR93001326-01 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN STATUTORY BURGLARY 05/24/1993 Guilty Plea
CR93001326-02 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN GRAND LARCENY 05/24/1993 Guilty Plea

Case Number:
CR93001326-01
Filed:
05/24/1993
Commenced by:
Waiver
Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant:
TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN
Sex:
Male
Race:
White Caucasian (Non-Hispanic)
DOB:
06/19/****
Address:
NORFOLK, VA. 23513
Charge:
STATUTORY BURGLARY
Code Section:
18.2-91
Charge Type:
F
Class:
O
Offense Date:
10/02/1992
Arrest Date:
10/02/1992

Virginia Beach Circuit - Criminal Division
Case Details

Case Number:
CR93001326-01
Filed:
05/24/1993
Commenced by:
Waiver
Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant:
TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN
Sex:
Male
Race:
DOB:
06/19/****
Address:
NORFOLK, VA. 23513
Charge:
STATUTORY BURGLARY
Code Section:
18.2-91
Charge Type:
F
Class:
O
Offense Date:
10/02/1992
Arrest Date:
10/02/1992

http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/CaseDetail.do

astridxx
08-13-2013, 09:03 AM

Someone posted about a commercial structure fire in Lovingston a couple days ago that they heard on the scanner feed.

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 09:03 AM
4.5 years (if I am doing the math right) would put him back on the streets around November of 1997

forestchilde
08-13-2013, 09:06 AM
The theatre is 2.4 miles from the adult store. I am wondering if they found a receipt in her car from the store and that is why they asked about him there? That would have put him in her car in C'ville. Just trying to figure out why they went there with his photo.

momrids6
08-13-2013, 09:07 AM
I personally believe she drove the car to Charlottesville, and activated the alarm on the car once she got out. After that, is anyones guess.

That's just my theory.

RSBM: Thanks for the info...The alarm would be Key fob or door lock activated, so until we find out whose scent the dogs followed towards the clubhouse, etc.etc.- we don't know who locked it.

astridxx
08-13-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm curious about the Virginia Beach family members. Do we know if RAT is originally from that area? Any time frames for how long his family has been there?
Not looking for names to sleuth, just dates.

I've since lost the link. It's been buried by recent news about RAT. If I find it I'll PM you.

forestchilde
08-13-2013, 09:09 AM
4.5 years (if I am doing the math right) would put him back on the streets around November of 1997

That would rule him out in the Alicia Reynolds/Anne McDaniel cases if that is the case.

Dr. Terminus
08-13-2013, 09:09 AM
http://www.insidenova.com/news/crime_police/updated-randy-taylor-s-arrest-revives-interest-in-stalker-case/article_252d9606-02de-11e3-ae2e-0019bb2963f4.html

This article mentions some of the possible connections, but I have a feeling LE have already been trying to link him since 2010 to these other crimes, and toying with the idea that he could be the 29 stalker. You know given his first run-in with LE that he must have a nice fat file with the FBI. :notgood:

katinva
08-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Ok for the speculation that her car was towed to Charlottesville. I think I can debunk that theory or even a theory that he drove it there himself.

Our local news is covering this case, so naturally they were on the scene when they were investigating the car. When they were investigating the car and had the dogs going around it and checking things out, it sounded like the alarm was going off on the car. You could clearly hear it on the news footage. If the car would have been towed and the alarm would have been activated, it would have been going off long before that and would have been noticed. I personally believe she drove the car to Charlottesville, and activated the alarm on the car once she got out. After that, is anyones guess.

That's just my theory.

but he could have set the alarm once he parked the car. I'm sure he had the keys. I wish we knew exactly when the car got there. (I know they say it showed up before 11am on Tue) I cant see him kidnapping her on Sat and then keeping her car until possibly Mon night.....towing at night would be best.

CluelessWonder
08-13-2013, 09:11 AM
I would like to know more about the arson conviction. What did he burn?

katinva
08-13-2013, 09:13 AM
abduction by force or intimidation---is this a typical abduction charge?

JoCoKSEyes
08-13-2013, 09:15 AM
I would like to know more about the arson conviction. What did he burn?

A car.

Eclipse33
08-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Yep, as others have said, VA does have the death penalty. It's a hardcore, true-blue southern state, not quite as hardcore as Texas, but the state tends to go that way.

Yes, VA does have the death penalty...and I'm proud to live here! As Ron White would say, my state not only has the death penalty, we put in an 'Express Lane'.

O/T: In a recent case in Page county, VA a perp killed his daughter, his stepdaughter and tried to kill himself. Fortunately, he was not successful and had to stand trial. VA has already executed him! If you are interested, google Daniel Zirkle.

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 09:26 AM
http://www.nbc12.com/story/23116059/12-investigates-randy-allen-taylor

tootsiepop
08-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Saw this on the news last night & wondered if something similar could have somehow been used to entice Alexis to go with/follow RAT: http://www.news4jax.com/news/sliders-steal-purses-of-women-pumping-gas/-/475880/21404958/-/m3ss16/-/index.html

21merc7
08-13-2013, 09:30 AM

Just an observation.

In the video link at the top of this article, you can see RAT is beginning to grow a goat tee!

Eclipse33
08-13-2013, 09:33 AM
we already know he was in ccvid next to her and also that she was seen talking to a man at the pump

he was a stranger but he used some means to get her to follow him.

I bet it was that he told her something was wrong with her car and he could fix it.

:twocents:

She did not get into the car with the guy. She followed him.

I further think that after his last little interview about the other case he figured that would explain it all away and he laid low for awhile. His current mug looks like he is also maybe off his game (re: drugs) and his past charges also reflect that (re: drugs).

moo of course.

I agree completely! On the note about his family. I see RAT as being a disgrace to his family. He was probably born and raised elsewhere. I bet he got into a lot of trouble and embarrassed his family. So much, that when he could, he moved away from them all. I bet the only family is his poor son. Let's just hope he does not take after dad in this area!

astridxx
08-13-2013, 09:34 AM

"Taylor admitted to The Hook he called Samantha Clarke several times before she disappeared.

He says it was to warn her about some other people."

Yeah right. Creep.

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 09:35 AM
In March 1996, Alicia Showalter Reynolds, 25, disappeared in Culpeper County; her car was located on the shoulder of U.S. 29, and witnesses described seeing a white male between the ages of 35 and 45 in a pickup truck. Her body was found in the Lignum area of the county about two months later.
Investigators also have long suspected that the deaths of two female hikers in Shenandoah National Park in October 1986 may be related to the first two of eight so-called Colonial Parkway murders that occurred from 1986 to 1989. The victims were found in the area of the Colonial Parkway near Williamsburg.
The Shenandoah hikers and the first two of the Parkway victims, all women, showed remarkably similar injuries, according to investigators.
The search for Murphy continued last night amid pleas from her family for her safe return.
The FBI asked that anyone with information about Murphy and Taylor, or about Showalter and Harrington, to please call authorities at (434) 263-7050.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/man-in-abduction-case-figured-in-earlier-case-in-orange/article_eb3261b0-0329-11e3-bdf7-0019bb30f31a.html

much more at link

Eclipse33
Nurse, is there a link that provided this information? I must have overlooked it.

forestchilde
Saw this on the news last night & wondered if something similar could have somehow been used to entice Alexis to go with/follow RAT: http://www.news4jax.com/news/sliders-steal-purses-of-women-pumping-gas/-/475880/21404958/-/m3ss16/-/index.html

Expand upon that...how would it entice her? Do you mean he did the sliding? Or possibly told her someone else had entered her car and took something (when it was possibly him?) and then offered comfort/advice to her? Still don't see him being able to lure her without force. If she had her cell phone and thought someone had robbed her I'd think she'd call mom or dad...or go back into the store. I am also guessing it would be on the surveillance video as well.

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Nurse, is there a link that provided this information? I must have overlooked it.

what information? could you elaborate a bit?

CluelessWonder
08-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Taylor was charged with burglary in late 1992 and sentenced in May 1993. He got a sentence of 4.5 years, which would include any time served. In 1992, Virginia inmates earned GCA (good time allowance). Class I felons received 50/50 credit. Class II received 20 days for 30 days, and Class III felons received 10 days for 30 days. So his sentence would have been reduced by 1/3 to 1/2. That would put him back on the streets before Alicia Reynolds was killed. According to one report, the incidents on 29 started in January 1996. I suspect we'll know exactly when he was released by the end of today.

You can find the sentencing info here on Page 32:

http://www.slcatlanta.org/Publications/HSPS/GoodTime.pdf

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 09:38 AM
yes, I hope the media can dig up his release date.

astridxx
08-13-2013, 09:41 AM
I can't wait until they fill in the gaps of time from communication being cut after 7.15p on Saturday and then the car being found Tuesday. So many things could have happened. IMO AM was the type to tweet about some creep following her so she may have either been overtaken QUICKLY or she had some familiarity with the guy.

Also, it may be worth everyone's time to keep their eyes both up, ahead and below them when they're searching -- there was a boy here in Northern VA whose body was passed by several times by searchers because he was somehow up against a tree (dead).

Dr. Terminus
08-13-2013, 09:46 AM
I can't wait until they fill in the gaps of time from communication being cut after 7.15p on Saturday and then the car being found Tuesday. So many things could have happened. IMO AM was the type to tweet about some creep following her so she may have either been overtaken QUICKLY or she had some familiarity with the guy.

Also, it may be worth everyone's time to keep their eyes both up, ahead and below them when they're searching -- there was a boy here in Northern VA whose body was passed by several times by searchers because he was somehow up against a tree (dead).

This is what's been bothering me too. I feel like it happened very soon after she left the gas station. All of AM's SM accounts were inactive after her being shown on surveillance. It also appears that she had zero contact with family after that.

CluelessWonder
08-13-2013, 09:47 AM
I was confused to see "O" for the class of felony in 1992. I am thinking that stands for "One." If that's the case, he would have received 30 days GCA per month.

Just K
08-13-2013, 09:50 AM
didn't we see the word sedan somewhere relating to the 29 stalker?

Wonder if his sedan is burgundy/maroon...like the one in the driveway?

about that neck tattoo and the noticeable camo SUV... IMO, he thinks it makes himself look innocent...like someone not trying to hide his identity.

Bsublime
08-13-2013, 09:50 AM
This Virginia Beach possibility is scary. I spent last night making a spreadsheet on women who have gone missing around Rt29. There are already too many. But someone already noted that Virginia Beach and nearby Newport News have a lot of missing people. I had been excluding them.

I still have a lot more research to do but here is what I am tracking

Highly Possible:

Alice Showalter Reynolds 3/25/1995 Culpeper, Va found deceased
Carmelita Shomo 2/23/1996 Manasses, VA escaped/survived
Anne Carolyn McDaniel 9/20/1996 Orange, Va found deceased
Linda Lunsford 12/26/1996 38 Midlothian, VA Missing
Unknown Woman 9/23/2005 26 Fairfax, VA escaped/survived
Joan Renee Cook 1/24/2010 45 Salem, VA Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95867&highlight=Joan+Renee+Cook&page=9
Samantha Anne Clark 9/13/2010 21 Orange, VA Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...Samantha+clark
Lauren Susann Smith 11/21/2011 22 Madison County Missing VA VA - Lauren Susann Smith, 22, Madison County, 21 Nov 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Alexis Murphy 8/3/2013 17 Shipman, VA Missing

Eclipse33
08-13-2013, 09:52 AM
I am pretty sure that the last known place Morgan Harrington was seen was crossing the Ivy Road Bridge~ which puts it even closer than you previously mentioned!

katinva
08-13-2013, 09:52 AM
Why was her car on Cannery Loop? Thats on the opposite side on 29. Was she looking for something/someone? Maybe she did believe him about fixing her car and thought his house was there instead of across the road. We dont know for sure that it was her driving but her car was spotted there.....I dont know why he would drive there either.

astridxx
08-13-2013, 09:53 AM
I was confused to see "O" for the class of felony in 1992. I am thinking that stands for "One." If that's the case, he would have received 30 days GCA per month.

Class O is a class "other."

Bsublime
08-13-2013, 09:54 AM
These are some that I am putting in the "less possible" category. The group seems split on Morgan. I don't think she fits and then there is the DNA. Others seems to have pretty strong suspects in their cases or are a little too far from the area.

Sarah Lee Murray 2/18/1997 14 Kenbridge, Va. Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.phpt=102359&highlight=Sarah+Lee+Murray

Hattie Gertrude Brown 5/16/2009 48 Halifax, Va. Missing

Dashad "Sage" Smith 1/4/2013 19 Charlottesville, VA Missing

Heather Hodges 4/16/2012 22 Rocky Mount, VA Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.phpt=169692&highlight=Heather+Hodges

Virginia Morgan-Harrington 10/20/2009 17 Charlottesville, VA found deceased

Margaret Stamper-White 5/13/2008 37 Crimora, VA Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.phpt=68653&highlight=Margaret+Stamper+White

Rachel Nicole Good 10/18/2003 20 Elkton, VA Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.phpt=117312&highlight=Rachel+Nicole+Good

nursebeeme
08-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Why was her car on Cannery Loop? Thats on the opposite side on 29. Was she looking for something/someone? Maybe she did believe him about fixing her car and thought his house was there instead of across the road. We dont know for sure that it was her driving but her car was spotted there.....I dont know why he would drive there either.

I think it could have been him doing a u turn. (resident said it went out the wrong exit <---- will have to find the article to bump it up)

astridxx
08-13-2013, 10:00 AM
I think it could have been him doing a u turn. (resident said it went out the wrong exit <---- will have to find the article to bump it up)

Yes, I believe he was most likely in her car at that time, just going off her inactive SM profiles -- or, she could have been trying to "lose" him. IMO.

teknoge3k
08-13-2013, 10:02 AM
NEW DETAILS JUST IN ABOUT THE ALEXIS MURPHY CASE!

1. Both Randy Taylor and Alexis Murphy were spotted on the Liberty Gas Station surveillance camera.

2. Randy Taylor has his first court appearance today at 1:30. I will be in court for that and post all the updates right here.

3. Alexis Murphy's cell phone is still missing.

4. Investigators say they have a lot of information and evidence that supports the arrest of Randy Taylor.

5. Randy Taylor was a person of interest in this case from early on in the investigation. At one point that list of POI's contained roughly between 8 and 10 people.

6. Investigators from Orange County, where Samantha Clarke went missing, have been in Nelson County. However, investigators say there is not a joint investigation going on at this point. They say their focus is bringing Alexis home.

Source: Parker Slaybaugh, ABC13

Just K
08-13-2013, 10:04 AM

Yes, but what about the 2 for one days served. Could he have been out as early as two years and three months.

here is the actual record:
CR93001326-01
Filed:
05/24/1993
Commenced by:
Waiver
Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant:
TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN
Sex:
Male
Race:
DOB:
06/19/****
Address:
NORFOLK, VA. 23513
Charge:
STATUTORY BURGLARY
Code Section:
18.2-91
Charge Type:
F
Class:
O
Offense Date:
10/02/1992
Arrest Date:
10/02/1992

So, now it will be another four hours of checking counties/cities towns along the State Rd 158 and 64 corridors. UGH!!!!

Anyone up for it? I have to go to work.
Suffolk Co
Williamsburg
Norfolk
Newport News
Hanover

and all those townships in between

I checked Goochland, Henrico & Richmond and found nothing but I see there are two sites and neither list all of the same on both sites. Stupid system...Virginia needs a Statewide versus jurisdictional database!!!!