PDA

View Full Version : NC NC - Leah Nicole Granger, 17, Lewisville, 2005

SewingDeb
05-02-2005, 12:11 PM
http://www.wxii12.com/news/4437763/detail.html?treets=gws&tid=2654350408813&tml=gws_12pm&tmi=gws_12pm_1_11000105022005&ts=H

Sunday night, a vigil was held in King to pray for Leah Nicole Granger. She has been missing since Saturday morning.

"We're calling on God to help us, we're calling on our neighbors to help us," said one resident.

Granger's grandmother said Leah asked her to pick her up from work, but when the grandmother arrived she learned that Leah didn't show up for work.

The family has posted fliers on Stratford Road, Country Club Road and in the Lewisville community.

christine2448
05-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Prayers for Leah, her family and friends.

Lili
05-02-2005, 01:25 PM
That's it? No further media attention?
Where did she work? How was she getting there? What was her route?
Not much information there! :(

Prayers for her and her family.

christine2448
05-02-2005, 03:13 PM

I searched and searched couldn't find anything on this..sad isn't it?

KatherineQ
05-02-2005, 03:33 PM
The whole area looks like a big huge news black hole to me, I found two stations in Winston-Salem that were actually only one station, and they didn't seem to have any local news at all, the papers on line seem to have only national news or like, advertisements or NASCAR stuff.

This one tiny article doesn't list the name of the church in King, or the grandmother's name, or whether the girl attends school, etc. I've never seen such a large area with so few local news outlets.

dannyodie
05-02-2005, 03:33 PM
seems like regardless of age, anyone that has been reported missing should stay in the attention of the media to keep her picture out there. really strange that she told her granny to pick her up at work when in fact she had not been at work according to co-workers. I wonder if police will get the telephone records from her grandmothers house to see where it may have orginated from. even if it led to a pay phone somewhere, there might be cameras near by that would capture that time. I sure hope she is located soon. our prayers and thoughts go out to the family...

christine2448
05-02-2005, 06:29 PM
seems like regardless of age, anyone that has been reported missing should stay in the attention of the media to keep her picture out there. really strange that she told her granny to pick her up at work when in fact she had not been at work according to co-workers. I wonder if police will get the telephone records from her grandmothers house to see where it may have orginated from. even if it led to a pay phone somewhere, there might be cameras near by that would capture that time. I sure hope she is located soon. our prayers and thoughts go out to the family...
Where did you see that she wasn't at work? I couldn't see that anywhere...however, I couldn't find much on this case as others have posted.

Great points about finding out where the call came from if she wasn't at work that could lead to more clues.

Thanks for the info!

Lili
05-02-2005, 11:14 PM
"Sunday night, a vigil was held in King to pray for Leah Nicole Granger. She has been missing since Saturday morning....
...Granger's grandmother said Leah asked her to pick her up from work, but when the grandmother arrived she learned that Leah didn't show up for work.
...The family has posted fliers on Stratford Road, Country Club Road and in the Lewisville community."
From the link in first post.

I wonder if Leah was from King, NC or the grandmother?? This looks like a tobacco area by the road names.

King, NC is north-west of Winston-Salem and Lewisville is west. Stratford Road and Country Club Road meet in Winston-Salem and then Country Club road runs west to Lewisville. I figured this out on Yahoo maps.

dannyodie
05-03-2005, 06:46 AM
the last post I made I said that the girl ask her grandmother to pick her up at work? I may have misunderstood. did she ask her grandmother to pick her up before she left to go to work? or did she call her granny. below is a clip from the news paper in that area. how did she get to work? and if she did not drive someone picked her up, cab or friend?

Granger's grandmother said Leah asked her to pick her up from work, but when the grandmother arrived she learned that Leah didn't show up for work.

SewingDeb
05-03-2005, 08:23 AM

Not much information at all. And it doesn't sound like the family is posting fliers but on a few streets. I think they need organized help and lots of prayers. I hope she turns up safe soon.

SewingDeb
05-03-2005, 08:41 AM

It really is sad. I did the same thing. I checked the Winston Salem Journal and WXII news and there are no updates. They need to get this story out there to as many people as possible and that doesn't seem to be happening.

I noticed a 23 year old man has been missing since Feb. 9th from the international airport close by. Nothing new on that either.

curious1
05-03-2005, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=Lili
King, NC is north-west of Winston-Salem and Lewisville is west. Stratford Road and Country Club Road meet in Winston-Salem and then Country Club road runs west to Lewisville. I figured this out on Yahoo maps.[/QUOTE]
Having lived for a year in Winston-Salem and being from North Carolina I can tell you that you are correct on this. I use to live off of Country Club Road and drove down Stratford Road almost every day. You mentioned this being a tobacco area. They do have RJ Reynolds there and there are some tobacco farms but there is a lot of banking in W-S. Wachovia still has a huge presence there with major offices in downtown W-S.

I agree that the papers need to have more on this. If you were to actually live there and watch the local news I can assure you this would be on the TV at every newscast, at least that is my experience from living there. NASCAR is not the only thing they care about.

Lili
05-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks curious1, I assumed the tobacco area from some of the road names :D

I also checked out gotriad.com thinking maybe some mention somewhere in there. My daughter lived in Greensboro for a couple of years, so I was familiar with it. Nothing.

Lili
05-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Well, I just sent an email to the news director and asked if there is any further information, or an update on this girl. I have seen nothing further on her!

gatetrekker44
05-05-2005, 10:29 PM
I live in Greensboro, NC, and except for what I've seen here, I haven't seen any kind of coverage either in print or TV media. I would expect there to be at least some mention, but I guess this case is not considered "sensational" or "newsworthy" to get coverage. I have emailed several of the local outlets asking why not? Will let you know what I hear... :razz:

mrs4point0
05-06-2005, 08:21 AM

You see, this is the kind of thing that burns me up. :furious:

DO WE NOT HAVE MORE OF A RESPONSIBILITY TO CHILDREN?!

Yes, we do. I admit that we have a responsibility to everyone that goes missing, at least to make sure they are alive. When it comes to kids, IMO there is a higher degree of responsibility. There is a reason they are not considered 'adult' before the age of 18........they still need guidance, which includes being protected.

Sorry for the rant, but this is a sore spot for me. :o

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-06-2005, 08:54 AM
I have also searched & searched ... nothing.

hyldo
07-02-2009, 09:39 AM
I couldn't find anything official, but it looks safe to say she's been found. Here's a Leah Granger from the Winston-Salem area who is the same age and same physical build as the girl who went missing. Her profile was created in January 2009.

http://www.student.com/profile/profile.php?the_profile_name=lgranger_87

christine2448
07-03-2009, 03:07 PM
It'd be nice to have something more concrete. Call LE listed and inquire? Tell them you research missing and you want to take her off your list :) But you want to be sure she has been found :D

hyldo
07-03-2009, 03:47 PM
It'd be nice to have something more concrete. Call LE listed and inquire? Tell them you research missing and you want to take her off your list :) But you want to be sure she has been found :D

Unfortunately the only media item that I could find about this case didn't identify a LE agency. It said that a local church was hoping for her return and that her grandmother had posted flyers. The article didn't even name the church or any individual.

summer_breeze
09-10-2011, 02:04 PM
http://www.ourmidland.com/import/article_7b59facb-27bc-54db-abbf-4a5ca037136d.html

By the Midland Daily News
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 12:00 am
Updated: 5:15 pm, Tue Oct 13, 2009.

Leah Nicole Granger, 18, North Carolina; third-degree retail fraud and third-degree conspiracy to commit retail fraud on Nov. 18; 30 days in jail, $300 fines and costs, $60 restitution (H).