PDA

View Full Version : WI WI - Alexis Patterson, 7, Milwaukee, 3 May 2002

Doyle
05-03-2004, 05:23 AM
But after 2 years, some maintain hope that Alexis Patterson will be found
By LEONARD SYKES JR.
lsykes@journalsentinel.com
Posted: May 1, 2004
In the west side neighborhood surrounding Hi-Mount Elementary School where Alexis Patterson vanished two years ago, the community fervor to find her has all but died down.

Alexis Patterson disappeared May 3, 2002. She was 7 years old.

Anneliese Haeselich plans to keep the flier for missing Alexis Patterson in the window of her home on N. 49th St. until she is found.

Few businesses, homes or bus shelters carry the elementary school portrait of Alexis, a key part of the poster asking for information on her disappearance. The posters, once the inspiration for the community search, have themselves vanished, right along with the intensive searches by police and sheriff's deputies.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/may04/226539.asp

Doyle
05-20-2004, 04:56 AM
Four police detectives have traveled out of state looking for the remains of a girl missing for more two years, a television station reported.

A prisoner told investigators the remains of Alexis Patterson were buried in a southern state near a metropolitan area, according to WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee. The station quoted unnamed law enforcement sources in its report Tuesday.
http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/8698832.htm

StillTrouble74
05-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Tuesday marked the third anniversary of the disappearance of Alexis Patterson.

http://images.ibsys.com/2002/0510/1450574_200X150.jpg
Three years ago, Alexis was walking to school with her stepfather, but the then 7-year-old never made it inside the school.

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/4443533/detail.html

sharon25
05-07-2005, 06:45 PM
I've read through a few of the many articles. Did they ever mention anything about the family being suspects? Particularly the step-father since he dropped her off?
What about other children on the playground? or Teachers?
Did anyone ever remember seeing her AT the playground? I couldn't find anything that said anyone recalls her even being there.

smidgeon
05-15-2005, 08:45 PM
When this first happened, there was a report that someone heard screams near where she was found. I never saw anything about it after that. I thought, if it checked out, that this was probably an indication that she met with foul play right after she went missing.

There are still missing posters in area restaurants. She hasn't been forgotten, but I think, like the Prescious Doe case, that a tip from someone who knows what happened, will be needed to crack the case.

lostfaith
05-15-2005, 10:22 PM
When this first happened, there was a report that someone heard screams near where she was found. I never saw anything about it after that. I thought, if it checked out, that this was probably an indication that she met with foul play right after she went missing.

There are still missing posters in area restaurants. She hasn't been forgotten, but I think, like the Prescious Doe case, that a tip from someone who knows what happened, will be needed to crack the case.

I dont remember hearing she was found. Was she?

CreSocServ
05-15-2005, 11:17 PM
She has not been found and the media in Milwaukee has very sparse coverage.

StillTrouble74
05-16-2005, 11:05 AM
If LaRon Bourgeois truly had nothing to do with the disappearance of Alexis Patterson, he's probably been wronged as much as anybody in this ordeal.

At least, he certainly thinks so.

The stepfather of then-7-year-old Alexis has been Unofficial Suspect in the minds of many observers in this baffling mystery.

Bourgeois was the last person to see her alive after walking her to Hi-Mount Elementary School two years ago.

Police questioned him extensively and gave him a polygraph test but no official comment from police ever suggested Bourgeois was regarded as a suspect.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/may04/231031.asp

nvfc
07-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Alexis Patterson is our child of the day today. Please feel free to e-mail out her information from our site to anyone.

http://nvfc.us/content/view/109/34/

Gozgals
07-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Alexis Patterson -

Sweet Alexis has always been on my mind over the last 3 years. I had two friends in the National Guard who took part in the search. I find this a very sad story. Hoping there will be a tip in this case, as it seems there are no leads at the current time.

It hurt me Alexis, (a cute child) did not receive such wide spread media attention as many other missing children. I assume because she was a poor child from Milwaukee.

I was glad to see John Walsh do an update on this case at one point. I know that LE did think the moms mate, (the childs stepfather- who was the last to person to be seen with her) was a suspect but I think he has been cleared.

Each day I pray for Alexis, and I try to get the word out through different sites and organizations.

My prayers for this family and to others who have not had their children returned.

In response to one question: The schools were checked, and the playground, in fact the whole area, but I do not know any information.

I find it unfair sometimes a child is treated differently when they are of another race. This is just my opinion.

Prayers for all the missing children and adults. There is also a Website for Alexis.

Come home Alexis. You are missed.

lostfaith
08-18-2005, 03:48 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/wisn/20050817/lo_wisn/2886461

crs4kds
08-18-2005, 11:26 AM
The charges are related to running a "drug house" in her home. They found a large amount of cocaine in the home and she has been selling from the home. The "word on the streets" here in Milwaukee has always been that people think stepdad allowed Alexis to be taken to fulfill a drug debt. That is just a rumor and I don't know what info led people to think that but mom's most recent run in definitely may show they are connected somehow to people in the drug business that would be capable of such awful plans as abducting and god knows what else to a child!

lostfaith
08-18-2005, 10:44 PM
The charges are related to running a "drug house" in her home. They found a large amount of cocaine in the home and she has been selling from the home. The "word on the streets" here in Milwaukee has always been that people think stepdad allowed Alexis to be taken to fulfill a drug debt. That is just a rumor and I don't know what info led people to think that but mom's most recent run in definitely may show they are connected somehow to people in the drug business that would be capable of such awful plans as abducting and god knows what else to a child!

Welcome, crs4kds, I too, am from the area, outside of milwaukee. Thank you for you "word on the streets" input.

dmvpenn
08-19-2005, 08:07 AM
Alexis Patterson is our child of the day today. Please feel free to e-mail out her information from our site to anyone.

I have posted this on my website

God bless, Alexis.

dmv

fran
08-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Because the 'then step dad' was polygraphed, he must have passed? So now that we see the mom is involved with 'hard drugs,' IMO, they need to revisit the investigation into this missing child and talk to the mom. Who knows, maybe the 'then step dad' was covering for the mom. :(

Just a thought
JMHO
fran

Gozgals
08-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Fran, and all:

Thank you for the recent update. Bless Alexis. I have followed the angel. I did not know about the mom. I'm sorry to hear of this. I'm glad she is the child of the day though. I am familiar with the search.

It is sad about mom fran- That is all I can add.

dmv- I shall copy the link again.

Again attention for this little girl will help. Alexis picture hangs in my home.

Bless all the children.

fran
08-20-2005, 09:28 AM
I just can't believe how many people, and especially children, can just disappear without a trace. You visit the NCMEC and the other missing sites, there are so many people gone........so many families and loved ones left behind.....not knowing.

It's truly heartbreaking.

fran

OriginalJerseyGirl
08-20-2005, 12:41 PM
I just can't believe how many people, and especially children, can just disappear without a trace. You visit the NCMEC and the other missing sites, there are so many people gone........so many families and loved ones left behind.....not knowing.It really is alarming. I remember when I first came here to WS, realizing for the first time that the cases we hear about in the media aren't even the tip of the iceberg ... it's surreal. It's almost too much to think about at times. I don't know how the loved ones have the strength to go through each day.

fran
08-21-2005, 08:52 AM
It really is alarming. I remember when I first came here to WS, realizing for the first time that the cases we hear about in the media aren't even the tip of the iceberg ... it's surreal. It's almost too much to think about at times. I don't know how the loved ones have the strength to go through each day.

I honestly don't know why they can't have a cable station dedicated just to 'missing persons,' and 'unsolved' cases of abducted children and adults. There has to be several large corporations that would gladly sponser such a program. If they were even able to solve 1/2 as many cases as AMW has captures, this could be huge.

Just like with on your siggy, JerseyGirl,.....What in the world could have happened to this missing couple? I mean, they are in a vehicle which hasn't been found. It's like they were beamed up into the sky. Someone, somewhere, has to have seen something. :confused:

JMHO
fran

OriginalJerseyGirl
08-21-2005, 09:18 AM
I honestly don't know why they can't have a cable station dedicated just to 'missing persons,' and 'unsolved' cases of abducted children and adults.This is one of the best ideas I've ever heard. And I did hear rumblings recently of one being in the works. I'm not sure how much of that is rumor and how much is truth, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I think it's necessary - there are so many missing and too many that we never even hear about.

OriginalJerseyGirl
08-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Just like with on your siggy, JerseyGirl,.....What in the world could have happened to this missing couple? I mean, they are in a vehicle which hasn't been found. It's like they were beamed up into the sky. Someone, somewhere, has to have seen something. :confused:
And they have found absolutely nothing. Not one single clue. Not one single witness. There are a couple threads here at WS about it, Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - Richard Petrone, 35 & Danielle Imbo, 34 (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20094), (in fact, I just added it to my siggy), but it's more or less just a place to post the few news stories that pop up because there's just nothing. It's got to be so frustrating for their families. Richard's cousin posts on that thread and I feel terrible that she's still left guessing after all of this time.

God bless Alexis, Danielle & Richard, and all of those that are missing.

inquiringmindz
03-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Bumping for Alexis.

Come home soon.

inquiringmindz
03-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Bumping for Alexis

PinkyPoo
03-28-2006, 01:30 PM
That poor girl. I followed that case closly as well, since it's local to me. LE could never get past the Mom's boyfriend. He was the last to see her and he has been the one LE is always watching.

amandab
03-28-2006, 01:31 PM
There are a couple of threads on here for Alexis, bless her heart.

Maybe the mods can lump them all together?

Rle7
10-11-2006, 03:25 PM
It's been more than four years since 7-year-old Alexis Patterson disappeared on her way to Milwaukee's Hi-Mount Boulevard Elementary School.

Daytime talker Maury Povich dusts off the case file in a show airing today at 4 on Channel 24, talking to Alexis' mother, Ayanna Patterson, about the unsolved mystery.

"The last four years of my life have been a nightmare," she says on today's show. "I'm so empty."

Povich said in a phone interview that, while his airing of the Patterson case may not bring out new information, it at least lets Alexis' mother know that people are still concerned about the girl, missing since May 2002.

"She's emotional, but at the same time, she's also realistic," he said.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=511424

PinkyPoo
03-13-2007, 01:14 AM
I saw an old poster for Alexis today........ :(I hope she is happy and at peace where ever she is.

Gozgals
03-13-2007, 01:32 AM
I know there are a few threads on Alexis but I still have her picture on my wall.

God Bless Alexis where ever she is, and bless her loved ones. She is always in my thoughts.
Hoping that one day we will have answers to this mystery.
Amen

Gozgals

Bobbisangel
03-23-2007, 03:42 AM
This little girl has been gone way to long. Did she disappear on the way home from school or from her home? Is her mother still with the man that LE think did something to her?

Are there no fliers still up or anything to remind people that this little seven year old girl is still missing? I read the article about the older lady that said she will keep the poster in her window until this little one is found. Bless her heart. Why isn't the mother making sure that she isn't forgotten? That is really sad. Poor little girl. I hope that she is found one of these days and doesn't remain out there by herself forever.

emma l
03-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Anyone live in this area? Heard anything?

Bumping for Alexis.

PinkyPoo
05-03-2007, 10:04 AM
She has been missing 5 Years today. :(

Bobbisangel
05-04-2007, 12:14 AM
She has been missing 5 Years today. :(

Oh wow. You know that she isn't alive after being missing that long. I wonder if LE still suspect the mom's boyfriend? Where did she disappear from..home or from school, etc?

anthrobones
07-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Bumping

anthrobones
07-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Apparently, this is the latest article I can find. It was written in 2007.

Pain 'just gets worse'

5 years ago, Alexis Patterson disappeared. Her father has anguished over his daughter since, but he holds hope she's still alive.

By JESSE GARZA
jgarza@journalsentinel.com (jgarza@journalsentinel.com)

Posted: May 1, 2007

The first time he ever heard his daughter Alexis Patterson's name on television in May 2002, Kenya Campbell was an inmate in the Milwaukee County House of Correction.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=600046

OriginalJerseyGirl
07-13-2008, 09:48 PM
So sad. I can't believe that this goes on and on.

Rudolf
07-13-2008, 11:15 PM

I heard the same thing from a friend, who had a friend who......etc. etc. It was a rumor, but nothing has ever been proven. I think about her all the time and wonder if we will ever know what happened.

monkalup
03-18-2009, 09:10 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28203536/

Remembering Alexis Patterson

WTMJ-TV and JSOnline.com
updated 8:54 p.m. ET, Sat., Dec. 13, 2008
The Caylee Anthony case brings back memories of a missing child case in Milwaukee. It's been six and a half years since Alexis Patterson disappeared, but investigators aren't giving up hope.

MILWAUKEE - Sheree Rogers still wonders what happened to Alexis Patterson. The Milwaukee mother can't forget the little girl who disappeared in 2002 after she was dropped off at Hi-Mount Elementary School. Rogers told TODAY'S TMJ4, "It really saddens me because my kids go to that school, and I'm thinking could that still happen... could we still find her body?" Rogers says the Caylee Anthony case in Florida has brought back memories of Alexis Patterson. Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm says the Anthony case also reminds him of Patterson, and makes him want to solve the case even more. "It remains an open case and that means that we still invest resources into it," he said. The D.A. says he's optimistic one day Milwaukee will find out what happened to little Alexis. "We always maintain hope, we are always committed to finding out what happened. And we hope that someday justice will be done in this case as well."

monkalup
03-18-2009, 09:12 PM
http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=8177606

Timeline here

BelleBelle
02-03-2010, 08:27 PM
The article includes an age progression, but I am not sure how to post it or the current forum photo posting/linking rules.

I'm very familiar with law enforcement in the area and the police tried long and hard to find Alexis. Many officers worked many hours on their own time. I did NOT know this however:Chief Judge Jeff Kremers confirmed for 12 News that a John Doe investigation began in 2003 and is ongoing today. A John Doe is a closed, secret proceeding designed to gather information. Kremers wouldn't say anything about what has been learned so far.
What Happened To Alexis Patterson?
Milwaukee County Sheriff Fears Girl Won't Be Found Alive
Entire article, including a video here: Nov 16, 2009 WISN
http://www.wisn.com/news/21632352/detail.html

summer_breeze
05-02-2010, 09:19 AM
http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-100501-alexis-patterson,0,2775537.story

Alexis went missing in 2002 on her way to school
Mike Lowe FOX 6 Reporter
May 1, 2010

WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE - It's been 8 years since Alexis Patterson went missing in Milwaukee, and so far there is no trace of her. Today, her family and hundreds of members of the community came to an event designed to remember her and other missing children. Alexis Patterson was just 7 years old when she went missing on her way to school in 2002. Her disappearance sparked a massive search, one of the biggest in Milwaukee history.

Video at link

BeanE
05-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Missing Girl's Mother Calls For Day Of Remembrance

$10,000 Reward Still Active For Alexis Patterson

POSTED: 6:39 pm CDT May 3, 2010
UPDATED: 10:17 pm CDT May 3, 2010

"Let my baby come home! If the worst has happened to my child, it don't matter. I just want my baby's body, Lord Jesus. If you got my baby, let her go," Patterson said.

"You know how hard it is for me to even allow myself to get up and push on? It's very hard for me. But I keep going because I know Alexis knows, 'My mama's looking for me. My mother wants me. My mother knows I'm coming home.' When I go to sleep, I pray that I see her in my dreams. And I see her in my dreams. That's how I know that she's coming home."

snip

Patterson said she gets upset when she hears the local sheriff say he thinks Alexis can't be alive after all these years. She said, "No news is good news to me" and continues to hold out hope her daughter is alive.

http://www.wisn.com/news/23438959/detail.html

Gozgals
05-05-2010, 02:39 AM
Prayers for Alexis Patterson and her family. She has been missing for
8 years and I still remember the search for her.

I wish this family could get some answers to help them cope with the
loss of Alexis.

Blessings

Gozgals

Rle7
05-06-2010, 02:15 PM
The mother of a missing Milwaukee girl is lobbying for a national day of remembrance for all missing children and adults.

Eight years ago Monday, Alexis Patterson went missing. She was 7 years old.

On the day she disappeared, her stepfather said he walked Alexis to Hi-Mount School and left her on the playground. She's been missing ever since.

About 30 close friends and relatives held a prayer vigil at the spot where Alexis disappeared eight years ago on Monday night.

"Let my baby come home! If the worst has happened to my child, it don't matter. I just want my baby's body, Lord Jesus. If you got my baby, let her go," Patterson said.

"You know how hard it is for me to even allow myself to get up and push on? It's very hard for me. But I keep going because I know Alexis knows, 'My mama's looking for me. My mother wants me. My mother knows I'm coming home.' When I go to sleep, I pray that I see her in my dreams. And I see her in my dreams. That's how I know that she's coming home."

No one has ever been arrested in Alexis' disappearance. Her stepfather is in jail on unrelated drug charges.

http://www.wisn.com/news/23438959/detail.html

Cubby
05-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Alexis's Charley Project page:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/patterson_alexis.html

Aqua
05-30-2010, 03:21 AM
I think about alexis all the time. Praying she comes home soon.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Missing Milwaukee girl would be turning 16 Monday

It's been nearly nine years since Alexis Patterson disappeared, and her mother says she is still waiting for her daughter to come home safe.

The girl's 16th birthday is Monday. Her mother held a "Sweet 16" party Saturday night.

More: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-wi-missinggirl-turni,0,5087945.story

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Nine Years Later: Search For Alexis Patterson Continues

Monday Marks Missing Girl's Sixteenth Birthday

A Milwaukee mother's search to find her daughter carries on, nine years after she went missing.

http://www.wisn.com/r/27412288/detail.html

wantjustice
01-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Wow here is another little girl that is missing I didn't know about it. God Bless WS! Every time I find a case I've never heard of before, I search here and sure enough there is a thread for that missing person. I hope we find justice for precious Alexis Patterson!

MsFacetious
01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
The View talked to Alexis' mother today while talking about missing black children:

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/video/view-missing-black-children-15439795

MsFacetious
03-07-2012, 01:50 AM
Thought I would add this from the video...

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/video/view-missing-black-children-15439795

Alexis Patterson - 7 years old - Friday May 3, 2002

Never showed up at school after her stepfather walked her to the corner.

Mom discovered her missing when she didn't come home from school and immediately called police. (Kyron Horman like.)

It took an hour for the police to respond at all. (Though she'd already been gone the whole school day.)

7 year old Alexis was treated as a runaway.
Because she wasn't allowed to take cupcakes to school that day.

So police said let's give it the WEEKEND and if she's not home by Monday...

She was 7 years old.
SEVEN.

amber1
03-09-2012, 02:53 PM
bumping for alexis

longtallcold
04-17-2012, 11:36 AM
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4844

Wondered about this case- there is no info on how/where was found. The "date found" was 2/24/07 which is so very close (error maybe?) to this one, also found in Lake County IN

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84540&highlight=4793

My question is this - both were young AA females. Alexis would have been 12 which puts the age close. The other UID has much more info, but WHAT IF someone kidnapped 2 little girls back in 2002 and held them until killing them in 2007?

ETA: I did email the case manager to see if there are any additional details for the above case 4844

amber1
04-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Anything is possible!

Gozgals
05-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Alexis is always close to my heart since I am in the general area, another town and was here when she went missing.

My thought and prayers are with the family/friends.

Goz

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/after-10-years-alexis-pattersons-mother-still-holds-out-hope-2p56uqc-149449205.html

Snip
Alexis' family and others will gather Thursday at Hi-Mount Elementary School, where Alexis was a student and where her stepfather told police he dropped her off the day she went missing.

The gathering will be part of a commemoration Patterson calls "Forget Me Not Day," which she hopes will help keep attention on her daughter's case, and those of all missing children.

"We must never forget her. I can't ever forget her," says Patterson, who during the past 10 years has taken the search for Alexis nationwide, appearing on numerous television shows, including "Maury Povich," "Ricki Lake" and "The View."

amber1
05-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Thinking of Alexis today!! Porchlight on to help guide her home!

longtallcold
05-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Ok, no response from the Cases manager from the UID files.

I sent one with that info to the manager on Alexis' case.

The 2 UID from Lake, County IN...still have the coroner listed as Thomas Philpot, but http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/hammond/article_d3f1cdb6-622b-5429-aee8-7a5c8f5bc195.html

grand jury returned a five-count indictment against Lake County Coroner Thomas Philpot, alleging mail fraud and theft of federal funds from the state's child support program.

ughhhh too busy stealing to solve UID cases there, I see :banghead:

longtallcold
05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Ok got email back from case manager on Alexis Namus case - and she is forwarding on the lead to both UID in Gary...so at least either way it can be answered.

jessica-
08-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Alexis S. Patterson
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3085dfwi.html

*Case Classification: Missing
* Missing Since: May 3, 2002
* Location Last Seen: Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin

Physical Description
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

* Date of Birth: April 4, 1995
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 7 yrs
* Race: Black
* Height at Time of Disappearance: 44 inches (3.2 ft)
* Weight at Time of Disappearance: 42 lbs
* Hair Color: Brown; just below shoulder length (two French braids that combined into one ponytail in the back).
* Eye Color: Brown
* Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Pie and Lexi

* Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar under right eye. Bump on her left pinky finger.

* Dentals: Not available
* Fingerprints: Not available
* DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
* Clothing: Red hooded jacket with gray stripes, a purple shirt, blue jeans, and white Nike tennis shoes.

* Jewelry: No jewelry, beads, or hair ornaments at the time of her disappearance

* Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Unidentified Black Female

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/479ufnj.html

* The victim was discovered on March 18, 2005 in Upper Freehold Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey
* Estimated Date of Death: Between 2001 & 2004
* Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 5-9 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 3'0"-4'2"; 25-75 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly black.
* Clothing: A child's black "Nike Air Force One" shoe and a piece of canvas material, possibly from a handbag or book bag, that carried a print of cartoon character Sylvester the Cat.
* Fingerprints: Not available.
* Dentals: Available. She probably lived within a community that offered fluorinated water. No sign of fillings or other dental work.
* DNA: Available in CODIS

Is there a chance the she had two pairs of Nike shoes, or she was wearing her indoor shoes from school. Could she possibly had a black pair?

amber1
08-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I think this is def a PM that should be checked out!

jessica-
08-12-2012, 06:20 PM
I sent an e-mail, asking if she had already been ruled out :)

StormyNights
11-17-2012, 03:58 AM
Has anyone heard anything back? This poor little girl is from my area. I am always thinking about her. I wish her mother could have some closure and peace of mind to know what happened to her baby girl! Below is a link to the website dedicated to helping find out where Alexis is and what may have happened to her. Please, bring Alexis home, where she belongs! :please:

http://www.alexispatterson.freeservers.com/

amber1
11-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Case Spotlight Missing Angels & Cold Cases entry for Alexis. May she come home very soon:
http://deaniepeters-missingangels.blogspot.com/2012/10/alexis-patterson-missing-ten-years.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Why do we seldom hear about missing black children?

They are strangers whose faces and names we know intimately; JonBenét Ramsey, Elizabeth Smart, Dylan Redwine, Caylee Anthony. They are other people's children, but we worry for them, pray for them. In addition to being young and innocent, these well-known names have something else in common.

All are white.

[snip]

The fact that younger, attractive white children — particularly girls — incite a disproportionate amount of media attention is not new. Alexis Patterson, a seven-year-old, African-American girl from a poor part of Milwaukee, also disappeared in 2002, after being walked to school.

Read more: Why do we seldom hear about missing black children? - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_22593387/why-do-we-seldom-hear-about-missing-black#ixzz2NGnJQnBl) http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_22593387/why-do-we-seldom-hear-about-missing-black#ixzz2NGnJQnBl

summer_breeze
05-03-2013, 07:18 AM
http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-wisconsin/milwaukee/missing-milwaukee-girl-remembered/-/10148890/19998376/-/kq418az/-/index.html

5:38 AM CDT May 03, 2013

Eleven years ago today, a little Milwaukee girl was on her way to school, but never made it. She hasn't been seen since. But today, Milwaukee County Sheriff's deputies will make sure she isn't forgotten, either.

mikkismom
05-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Vigil for Alexis Patterson, 11 years after her disapperance

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/205930991.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
07-14-2013, 02:16 PM
10 Cases Of Students Vanishing From Their Schools

4- Alexis Patterson

On the morning of May 3, 2002, seven-year-old Alexis Patterson walked with her stepfather to Hi-Mount Boulevard School in Milwaukee. When Alexis arrived at school, she was last seen heading toward the playground before her stepfather went home. However, she never attended any of her classes, though other students reported seeing her crying on the playground both before and after school that day. However, these are the last confirmed sightings of Alexis and the school did not notify her family about her absence until that afternoon. An extensive search of the area failed to turn up any trace of her.

Alexis had a perfect attendance record prior to her disappearance and it was theorized she chose not to attend classes after getting into an argument with her mother the night before. As punishment, Alexis was not allowed to bring cupcakes to her classmates as she had originally promised—which might explain why she didn’t show up for class—but was still seen hanging around the school playground. Some students reported seeing a suspicious red truck parked near the school during the preceding week, which was never seen again after Alexis’ disappearance. Months later, an anonymous caller contacted a Milwaukee television station to claim that Alexis’ remains could be found in the Milwaukee River, but a search turned up nothing and the identity of the caller is unknown. Over a decade later, Alexis Patterson has still never been found.

http://listverse.com/2013/07/11/10-cases-of-students-vanishing-from-their-schools/

angelainwi
12-03-2013, 09:34 PM
http://www.cbs58.com/news/top-stories/Father-of-Alexis-Patterson-charged-with-physical-abuse-of-a-child-234313661.html

I have long suspected that he had something to do with the disappearance of Alexis Patterson. This only adds to my suspicions.

MagnoliaMountain
12-04-2013, 04:13 AM
If he hurts a little baby like that I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem abusing an older child...Poor Alexis.

MsFacetious
12-14-2013, 03:32 PM
This is the BIOLOGICAL FATHER.
He wasn't in Alexis' life... why would anyone suspect him?
He was incarcerated when Alexis disappeared.
Why would he hire someone to abduct a child he had nothing to do with while he was incarcerated?
I am missing something, someone please explain what his motive and means would have been here?

http://www.cbs58.com/news/top-stories/Father-of-Alexis-Patterson-charged-with-physical-abuse-of-a-child-234313661.html

The STEPFATHER is where my suspicions still lie, if it was family. :twocents:

MagnoliaMountain
12-15-2013, 05:21 AM
Thanks for clarifying. I was thinking it's the stepdad somehow.