PDA

View Full Version : NY NY - Caledonia - WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *GRAPHIC*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Richard
05-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Unidentified White Female
Located on November 9, 1979 in Caledonia, Livingston County, New York.

Estimated Date of Death is November 8, 1979
Died as a result of severe brain hemorrhage caused by a gunshot wound to the head.

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 13 - 19 years old. Her estimated date of birth is 1958-1967.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: She had curly brown, shoulder length hair which had been frosted about four months before her death. The frosted hair was in the process of growing out. She had brown eyes. She was tanned and had visible bikini lines. She had no distinguishing marks. The victim had had no broken bones that would have been in a hospital's records. It didn't look as though she had received much medical attention of any kind.
Dentals: She has some serious decay and tooth #14 was decayed to the extent that only three roots of the tooth were left. She did have some dental work to suggest that the dentist was not trained in the US.

Clothing: She was wearing a a boy's multi-plaid, button-down shirt, tan corduroy pants, blue knee socks, light blue panties; white exquisite bra; brown laceup, ripple-sole shoes and a red nylon-lined man's windbreaker with black stripes down the arms, marked with the inside label Auto Sports Products, Inc..
The Doe Network Case File 1UFNY
NCIC Number: U-157617149

Case History
The victim was discovered by a passing motorist at 10am in a Caledonia, NY cornfield on November 9, 1979. She was found about 20 ft. from the south side of Route 20, about ½ mile from the intersection of Route 5.
She was fully clothed and there was no evidence that she had been sexu*ally molested. Her pockets had been turned inside out, possibly to remove any identification.

An examination of the girl's stomach contents turned up pieces of meat, corn and potatoes. A waitress from a small dinner in Lima, New York, remembered seeing the girl the night before the murder, but she couldn't remember anything more.

She died of two gunshot wounds; one to the back and one to the right temple. The coroner estimated that she was killed the previous night, (November 8) and that the gunshot wound to her back was inflicted prior to the head wound. The victim was apparently shot by the road where a blood spot marked the earth. Then she was dragged into the cornfield and shot again.

Police speculated that the murder weapon used was a .38-caliber handgun. Ballistics experts dug up a slug buried in the dirt underneath the victim. The slug was tested against literally hundreds of other bullets fired from guns seized by police. Over the years, the Livingston County probers traced weapons to as far away as Canada, Europe, and Mexico, but they were never able to match the slug to a murder weapon.

Although the victim is still unknown, over 60 serial killers have come forward claiming responsibility for her death. Henry Lucas and Ottis Toole took credit for killing the unidentified girl in the corn field. At the time, Lucas claimed to have killed over 100 people. Toole often accompanied Lucas on his killing sprees. At the time, Toole was serving time in a Florida state prison, and Lucas was on death row in Texas. The two serial killers claimed they were together when they killed the girl in the cornfield. Toole said he picked up the girl in a park near Philadelphia and traveled with her for a while before he took her out in the cornfield off Route 20 and shot her twice. Authorities were not able to account for the whereabouts of either Lucas or Toole during the time of the murder. Both had been seen in New York State several months before the murder.

Serial killer Chris Wilder was also looked at as a suspect. What sparked investigators interest was Wilder's fas*cination with racing cars. The Livingston County victim's jacket was designed to look like a racing jacket. Wilder was known to be in the area and hiding from the police at the time of the killing. Wilder was, however, killed before the police got a chance to talk to him.

Several truckers also called in with information about a young girl who was traveling and catching rides where she could. One trucker swore he saw the girl the night before she was murdered trying to hitch a ride to Boston from a nearby truck stop.

Police have followed up over 10,000 leads, all to no avail.
The girl's fingerprints were sent to FBI headquarters, but her prints weren't on file.

Jane Doe rests in Dansville, New York. The inscription says, "Lest we forget an unidentified girl. November 9. 1979. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."

Jewlery
The victim was wearing a necklace, made with silver beads and three small turquoise stones, one resembling a bird. The necklace was probably homemade-possibly native American- but the best detectives could figure was that it was made somewhere in the Southwest.
The victim was also wearing two key chains that were attached to the front belt loops of her jeans. One key chain, in the shape of a heart, was inscribed, "He who holds the Key can open my heart." The other key chain held the key that fit the small silver heart. The key chains could have been bought in almost any roadside gift shop.

Additional Case Information
Locale of Region
Caledonia, NY is located in the Finger Lakes region of the state and is close in proximity to the Canadian border. Some theories about the victim's identity include the possibility that she was not American, but Canadian. Searches of the Canadian missing persons' databases have not provided any information on a possible ID match for this victim. Route 20 runs parallel to Interstate 90. The crime scene was just past the bifur*cation of Routes 5 and 20 on the south side of the road. On the north side, a small pull-off for truckers and motorists offered a rest area for travelers. Tanned Complexion of the Victim
She had tan lines, suggesting that she had recently lain in the sun in a halter top. Tanning salons were not common in 1979, it is believed that she had recently vacationed somewhere tropical or was from a region more conducive to tanning in November. Furthermore, the victim's hair was lightly frosted in the front, a hairstyle popular on the beach. Clothing Manufacturer
Auto Sports Products. The jackets were a one-shot promotional gimmick. There was no way to track where they had gone after they were distributed.
One caller told investigators that she thought the victim's shoes were popular in the Venjiont area during the late 1970s.

Livingston County Sheriff's Office 585-243-7120

Link
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

smile22
05-09-2005, 11:45 AM
i saw her case on doe and ive always wonderd about who she was. im sure she has a mother, father, brother, sister and so forth looking for her or someone who loved her.. is it possible shes not even from the us or canada and that she came from overseas. to ny for a better life? also the jewelry that she was wearing did they look into local jewelers? perhaps somene who made jewelry and had a small shop localy in ny or canada or even in the southwest. i make jewelry and i noticed that the jewelry that was on doe looked to be of handmade, and something that might not have been massed produced ex for a big department store. discount chain like walmart/target. and they were right about her heart chain it looked fake thus being in alot of gas/ trucker stops

Fronkensteen
05-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Where is Venjiont??

smile22
05-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Where is Venjiont?? i looked it up myself at yahoo, hotmail. and google and the only thing that pulled up was one brief info with the link which is the case that is located on doe. perhaps the spelling of the place was misspelled and no one looked into the misspelling of the place. i also did a search on venjiont canada, and ny and came up empty still brought up the doe case. hmm

annemc2
05-10-2005, 07:38 PM
could it be a misspelling/typo of Vermont?

Richard
05-10-2005, 11:48 PM
The information in my initial post came directly from the Doenetwork file on this child. Although there are some computer induced "typos" in the post, the word "Venjiont" is as it appeared. I looked it up in a very detailed atlas, and could not find it. It is probably a typo on the Doenetwork. It would have been nice if the shoes in question could have been pictured.

smile22
05-11-2005, 12:20 AM
what about contacting the le involved with her case

smile22
05-11-2005, 08:37 AM
i went to a website for all towns and cities in new york and these were the only v towns/cities i could find non of them sound like the town that is posted on doe but.. this one VERDOY could be it im just taking a whild guess. beacuse of the way i pronounce the doe listed town and this one

VAIL MILLS
VAILS GATE
VALATIE
VALHALLA
VALLEY COTTAGE
VALLEY FALLS
VALLEY MILLS
VALLEY STREAM
VALLEY STRM
VALLONIA SPRINGS
VALOIS
VAN BUREN
VAN BUREN BAY
VAN BUREN BAY
VAN BUREN POINT
VAN BUREN PT
VAN COTT
VAN DEUSENVILLE
VAN ETTEN
VAN HORNESVILLE
VAN HORNESVLE
VARYSBURG
VENETIAN SHORES
VENICE
VENICE CENTER
VERBANK
VERDOY
VERMILLION
VERMONTVILLE
VERNON
VERNON CENTER
VERNON VALLEY
VERONA
VERONA BEACH
VERPLANCK
VERSAILLES
VESPER
VESTAL
VICTOR
VICTORY MILLS
VIENNA
VILLAGE
VIRGIL
VISA
VISCHER FERRY
VLY COTTAGE
VOLNEY
VOORHEESVILLE

pugsley
05-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Is it possible it's suppose to be VERMONT?

check out this site on her: "Cali's Page"

http://www.nymissing.com/modules/tinycontent0/index.php?id=2

pugsley

shadowangel
05-13-2005, 12:58 PM
i looked it up myself at yahoo, hotmail. and google and the only thing that pulled up was one brief info with the link which is the case that is located on doe. perhaps the spelling of the place was misspelled and no one looked into the misspelling of the place. i also did a search on venjiont canada, and ny and came up empty still brought up the doe case. hmm
Keep in mind, this tip was called in, and the spelling (indeed, the word itself) may be a product of the person who transcribed the call. It could be Vermont, or Virginia (someone speaking with a deep accent?) or something else all together. From the description, the shoes remind me of "moon shoes" or "moonwalkers" or some such name given to shoes which were popular in the senventies-the soles were rippled and left an imprint like those of the astronauts that walked on the moon. My older sis had a pair or two.

sharon25
05-13-2005, 02:30 PM
I live near the location where she was found.. but I was born in 1980.

Do you think that this case will ever be solved??? It's really sad.
I think I'll take a drive out to her grave this summer.

Mullins
05-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the detail on this one Richard. I am new to this. As you said, there were no signs of sexual assault---but was a rape kit done by chance? Also, do you know if any evidence was collected from the victim that would be potentially susceptible to DNA testing? The reason I am asking is because this description bears some striking resemblences to another murder in Florida in 1982. (Actually 2 murders in Florida---1981 and 1982.) However they did involve sexual assault. A 38 caliber was used and the victims were shot in the head near a road and dragged out of sight. Both were committed on Feb 14 (Valentine's day) on two consecutive years and the perpetrator was visiting the area. He was there to attend the Daytona 500. The murderer in these cases is currently on death row, but I have a gut feeling that he committed more murders than the two that are known. He was 38 years old at the time of the 1982 murder. One of his victims was 17, the other was 27. One of his victims had light brown hair that was frosted. I'm not sure about the other. Both involved abduction. He was a native of Nashville TN. He was part Native American and was reportedly interested in Native American history---he had hiked the trail of tears previously.

Fronkensteen
05-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the detail on this one. I am new to this. As you said, there were no signs of sexual assault---but was a rape kit done by chance? Also, do you know if any evidence was collected from the victim that would be potentially susceptible to DNA testing? The reason I am asking is because this description bears some striking resemblences to another murder in Floriday in 1982. (Actually 2 murders in Florida---1981 and 1982.) However they did involve sexual assault. A 38 caliber was used and the victims were shot in the head near a road and dragged out of sight. Both were committed on Feb 14 (Valentine's day) on two consecutive years and the perpetrator was visiting the area. He was there to attend the Daytona 500. The murderer in these cases is currently on death row, but I have a gut feeling that he committed more murders than the two that are known. He was 38 years old at the time of the murders and one of his victims was 17, the other was 27. He was a native of Nashville TN.
Do you have details on this individual on death row?

It's interesting to note that the Watkins Glen U.S. Grand Prix was held on October 7th, 1979, 2 days before her body was discovered in the field. She was wearing a man's racing-themed jacket. Watkins Glen is roughly 2-2 1/2 hours southeast of Caledonia. She had recently spent some time in a sunny climate, based on the fact that her skin was tanned. Just a thought.

Serial murderer Christopher Wilder was considered a possible suspect in this case. He was into racing, and was known to have been in the area at the time. He was killed by police before anyone had a chance to question him about this case.

Mullins
05-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks for your quick response. Yes I do have information about the individual on death row. His name is Roy Clifton Swafford. According to the serial murder profiling information, he appears to be a hedonistic serial killer---the information I have read indicates that they travel out of their hometowns to commit the murders....I don't know if there would be any way to find out if he was in the NY area during that time.

Richard
05-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the detail on this one Richard. I am new to this. As you said, there were no signs of sexual assault---but was a rape kit done by chance? Also, do you know if any evidence was collected from the victim that would be potentially susceptible to DNA testing? The reason I am asking is because this description bears some striking resemblences to another murder in Florida in 1982. (Actually 2 murders in Florida---1981 and 1982.) However they did involve sexual assault. A 38 caliber was used and the victims were shot in the head near a road and dragged out of sight. Both were committed on Feb 14 (Valentine's day) on two consecutive years and the perpetrator was visiting the area. He was there to attend the Daytona 500. The murderer in these cases is currently on death row, but I have a gut feeling that he committed more murders than the two that are known. He was 38 years old at the time of the 1982 murder. One of his victims was 17, the other was 27. One of his victims had light brown hair that was frosted. I'm not sure about the other. Both involved abduction. He was a native of Nashville TN. He was part Native American and was reportedly interested in Native American history---he had hiked the trail of tears previously.
It sounds as if these cases might very well be related by the circumstances mentioned. Your mention that this guy was interested in Native American Lore might also tie in with the style of jewlry that the girl was wearing, which were believed to be possibly of Southwest American Indian design or make.

Links to racing and to Florida might also provide valuable clues, given the racing jacket and extensive sun tan of the girl. A waitress in Lima, NY stated that she had seen the girl, and that would have meant that the girl and her killer were heading in a generally easterly direction just prior to the murder. But that might indicate only that they could have been coming from the west or south prior to the restaurant stop.

To answer your question about the rape kit, I do not have that information, but I would think it a very good probability that such a test may have been done. Careful x-rays of teeth and bones had been done, as well as an autopsey which determined cause of death. It surprises me that the medical examiner could not come up with a closer estimate of age, given the bone x-rays.

I think that you have some pretty interesting information, and I urge you to contact the authorities in New York with it.

Mullins
05-17-2005, 02:01 PM
OK, I will do that. I will use the phone number of the county Sheriff that you posted in your original message. Thank you.

smile22
05-17-2005, 02:57 PM
the waitress said she saw her the nite before in the dinner or the day before. was she alone. did anyone dine with her. were there any suspicus people around. do u think she was hitchhikeing? now that u mention florida im going to go into all the missing reports on doe that were filed for missing women/teens in that time period
check out these cases on doe the only people missing from 79 well there was one more but she was missing in december
49DFFL
and
366DFFL

i dont see any connections but worth checking out did anyone think to look at females in california as well

mere
05-17-2005, 04:18 PM
The only missing person file that I could find that has any resemblance to this victim is:

case file 183DFOH

http://www.doenetwork.org/

smile22
05-17-2005, 11:25 PM
do u think that they are the same ohio and ny not a big diffrence in distance location wise. it didnt list what she was wearing when she went missing that would help alot and narrow it down

Mullins
05-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Not much info to go on from this one unfortunately. But I see a resemblence...

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/images/MGCastillo.jpg
Gonzalez Castillo, circa 1979

Monica Gonzalez Castillo
Missing since 1979 from Queretaro, Mexico
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0'' (155 cm)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark auburn, curly hair; light brown eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Monica was last seen in 1979 in Queretaro, Mexico

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Procuraduria General de la Republica
01-800-00-252-00
53-46-01-00

Agency Case Number: 68/POV/98 Source Information:
Procuraduria General de la Republica (http://www.pgr.gob.mx/cgi-bin/persextr.exe/datos?registro=137&ind=1)

Jenn
05-18-2005, 05:34 PM
I do notice similarities. Especially the curly hair and frame of the face. Awfully far to travel from Mexico to NY though but you never know. I wish it gave more info as to what month she vanished.

2sisters
05-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Being from mexico would explain the tan. Cali's page at NYmissing talks about how she could have possibly been involved with a drug dealer, so she could be from one of the drug ridden areas of Mexico or what not. The faces to me resemble each other.

Her hair tells me she can't be the same girl though. Monica Castillo's hair is too dark to put highlights in and get the results that the Jane Doe had. It is possible though.

sharon25
05-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Being from mexico would explain the tan. Cali's page at NYmissing talks about how she could have possibly been involved with a drug dealer, so she could be from one of the drug ridden areas of Mexico or what not. The faces to me resemble each other.

Her hair tells me she can't be the same girl though. Monica Castillo's hair is too dark to put highlights in and get the results that the Jane Doe had. It is possible though.
they do look similar in this picture.
which i believe is a picture of her from the morgue :(

http://www.nysheriffs.org/missing_persons.htm

scroll down- you'll see her.

the hair also does not appear to be all that frosted in this picture. it could really be the same person.

sharon25
05-19-2005, 12:30 AM
how could there be a 3 inch difference in height?

unless the people who reported her missing from mexico didn't know her exact height??? that's the only logical explanation right???

And why isn't there more information about the missing mexican girl??
I don't speak spanish!!!-- if I called them I would definitely need to speak spanish wouldn't I???

Fronkensteen
05-19-2005, 09:04 AM
It's possible...but I doubt it's the same person. Not just the height, but the shape of the face. If you compare the actual autopsy photo, not the retouched version, the shape of the face is different, and the hair type seems to be different. Monica's hair is much thicker and darker. Can't really compare the hairlines.

Just a caveat: this site has some disturbing images, and I apologize for that, but it's one of the few places that features an unretouched photo of Cali.

Autopsy photo link: http://id-wanted.org/description.asp?caseNum=U-0247

Just my opinion, of course. It's certainly worth following up on...

Richard
05-19-2005, 09:25 AM
I agree that there are some similarites, but there is just too little information to base any theory on. The girl in the autopsey photo seems younger and thinner in the face than the missing Mexican girl. A three inch difference in height might not be that much if one or both were only rough estimations.

The total lack of dental care might indeed indicate someone from a poor background - possibly from Mexico.

The write up mentions an Indian Bracelet, but I have only seen photos of the Necklace (silver and turquoise) and the two heart and key charms. Is there a link to a photo of the bracelet? How about photos of her clothing?

Jenn
05-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the link Fronkensteen. It certainly helps to have an untouched version of the picture. She looks so young and beautiful. It is heartbreaking. It is hard to tell in the picture but her hair does look different, as well as, the fact that her face looks more heart shaped and there is a definite difference in the noses. I think that she (Cali) was in her mid to late teens. Monica looks older to me. Maybe in her early to mid-twenties. I can't believe that there is such little information on her.

Does anyone know how I can find a schedule for races (I don't know how long NASCAR has been around) that were held in '79? The jacket may or may not be a big clue. I know that some people are like NASCAR "groupies" (for the lack of a better word). She could have followed the circuit around the states for awhile (or was following a boyfriend that was big into it). It would be interesting if there were any races in the Florida region or somewhere in the South a few weeks before her murder. Mullins, you mentioned the Daytona 500. Do you know what day it was held in 1979? Is it held at the same place every year? Fronkensteen, you mentioned the Grand Prix was held in Watkins Glen just two days before the murder. I would be interested to see any media reports of that particular race. Especially pictures. I will search and see what I can find. Unfortunately, time is not on her side. It has been so long...I pray for justice for this angel.

Fronkensteen
05-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the link Fronkensteen. It certainly helps to have an untouched version of the picture. She looks so young and beautiful. It is heartbreaking. It is hard to tell in the picture but her hair does look different, as well as, the fact that her face looks more heart shaped and there is a definite difference in the noses. I think that she (Cali) was in her mid to late teens. Monica looks older to me. Maybe in her early to mid-twenties. I can't believe that there is such little information on her.

Does anyone know how I can find a schedule for races (I don't know how long NASCAR has been around) that were held in '79? The jacket may or may not be a big clue. I know that some people are like NASCAR "groupies" (for the lack of a better word). She could have followed the circuit around the states for awhile (or was following a boyfriend that was big into it). It would be interesting if there were any races in the Florida region or somewhere in the South a few weeks before her murder. Mullins, you mentioned the Daytona 500. Do you know what day it was held in 1979? Is it held at the same place every year? Fronkensteen, you mentioned the Grand Prix was held in Watkins Glen just two days before the murder. I would be interested to see any media reports of that particular race. Especially pictures. I will search and see what I can find. Unfortunately, time is not on her side. It has been so long...I pray for justice for this angel.
Thanks for your post. I too am intrigued by the possibility that she and her killer were following the racing circuit. I wonder if those particular jackets were handed out at the Watkins Glen event.

The 1979 Daytona 500 was held on February 18th.

Here are a couple of sites about the 1979 Watkins Glen race: http://www.gpracing.net192.com/races/reports/328.cfm
http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/rr328.html
http://f1-facts.com/results/race/1979/Watkins_Glen

I've searched for photos taken of the crowd that day, but have not as yet found anything useful.

Jenn
05-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks for your post. I too am intrigued by the possibility that she and her killer were following the racing circuit. I wonder if those particular jackets were handed out at the Watkins Glen event.

The 1979 Daytona 500 was held on February 18th.

Here are a couple of sites about the 1979 Watkins Glen race: http://www.gpracing.net192.com/races/reports/328.cfm
http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/rr328.html
http://f1-facts.com/results/race/1979/Watkins_Glen

I've searched for photos taken of the crowd that day, but have not as yet found anything useful.
You make an excellent point about the jacket. From the looks of it, it appears that Cali was living a somewhat transient lifestyle. Knowing that she had recently been staying somewhere warm and sunny, then suddenly finds herself in the colder climate of NY in the fall, it is very likely that she wasn't prepared (clothing wise) for this shift in temperature and likely either bummed the jacket from someone or purchased it from the area (or event) in which she had traveled to. Most likely, especially if she had only been in NY briefly (as I suspect because tan lines fade quickly if not in the sun regularly), this jacket is possibly from one of the last places she visited before her death. However, if she was a hitchhiker (as per the truck driver who says he picked her up) she could have easily borrowed it from any number of persons she encountered along the way. I am also curious about the waitress that reported seeing her the night before her death. Does anyone know the name of restaurant? Is it along major highways or high-traffic trucking areas?

sharon25
05-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Is it normal for a girl in Mexico to have two last names if she is not married?

Monica Gonzalez Castillo

To me that sounds like two last names..

Also- why isn't there more information on her? If she was reported missing by someone you would think they would have her birthdate and the day and circumstances of her disapperance.

sharon25
05-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Do you have details on this individual on death row?

It's interesting to note that the Watkins Glen U.S. Grand Prix was held on October 7th, 1979, 2 days before her body was discovered in the field. She was wearing a man's racing-themed jacket. Watkins Glen is roughly 2-2 1/2 hours southeast of Caledonia. She had recently spent some time in a sunny climate, based on the fact that her skin was tanned. Just a thought.

Serial murderer Christopher Wilder was considered a possible suspect in this case. He was into racing, and was known to have been in the area at the time. He was killed by police before anyone had a chance to question him about this case.Her body was discovered on Nov 9th, with her being killed on Nov 8th. The Watkins glad us grand prix was on Oct 7th.

sharon25
05-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Hello everyone :)

Just spoke with a very nice detective that will look into our thoughts about Jane Doe !!

Maybe it will lead to her identification!

thanks
sharon

Jenn
05-19-2005, 03:42 PM

Monica Gonzalez Castillo

Also- why isn't there more information on her? If she was reported missing by someone you would think they would have her birthdate and the day and circumstances of her disapperance.
I had a friend in high school who was from Peru. They do have two last names (unmarried). It is something like the use the fathers last name and the mothers maiden name. My friend had a different last name from her mother even though her parents were never divorced.

Jenn
05-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone :)

Just spoke with a very nice detective that will look into our thoughts about Jane Doe !!

Maybe it will lead to her identification!

thanks
sharon
Very interesting! Keep us posted!!!!

Fronkensteen
05-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Her body was discovered on Nov 9th, with her being killed on Nov 8th. The Watkins glad us grand prix was on Oct 7th.You're right. Thanks for the correction! I need a vacation...:doh:

Mullins
05-19-2005, 04:22 PM
http://www.racingarchives.org/collections/PROGRAMSbydate.htm

Here's a list I've been using. I still think checking into the racing circuit might be worth a look....

sharon25
05-19-2005, 05:58 PM
http://www.racingarchives.org/collections/PROGRAMSbydate.htm

Here's a list I've been using. I still think checking into the racing circuit might be worth a look....
I informed him of the two different ideas.
He knows how to reach me.
Also if anyone thinks that they have more clues or information
feel free to post it or sent it to me.
He told me to e-mail him anytime with any information.
I think they would really love to at least ID this girl as well.

It just amazes me how people could just go missing
and some people don't even notice.

smile22
05-19-2005, 11:00 PM
i have a theory on the jacket.. didnt someone post that they le or someone looked into the jackets and were told they were like one shot gimmicks like freebees or like sold one time only.. does the company at least know where they sent the jackets out to ex companys, maybe they were offerd on a cereal box. could u get them at a nasscar event? i know it was mentioned that it was hard to track them down i think beacuse they were not sold or something. they have to at least know what places got the jackets. what companys they sent them to im sure they have a record somewhere or someone knows something about those jackets did anyone try and do a search on them. worth looking into

sharon25
05-20-2005, 01:04 AM
I've been looking around the web
and found some of these to be interesting
it's hard to tell though.

Tel me what you think

Megan Emmerick 17 years old
http://www.dps.state.ak.us/ast/cib/graphics/Emerick.jpg

also- when they say that this Jane Doe has no distinguising marks- that means she doesn't have a birthmark- moles- or scars right? or tattoo's

also- Bonita Bickwit bares some resemblence as well. I'm sure she was ruled out since she was traveling to the Watkins Glen area for a concert with her boyfriend.

sharon

smile22
05-20-2005, 08:22 AM
i thought i read somewhere that she was thought to be of the green river or bundy killings i could be wrong i also think someone mention on the doe guest book that she resembled a jane doe or something. we cant rule anything out. also im going to check on the jacket theory

Sgt Smith
05-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Hi folks I am one of the LE's working this Jane Doe case. We will look at any information that we get and try to develop leads. Feel free to e- mail me with any thoughts or ideas. We have explored most of the thoughts that have been mentioned here, but we still need that one bit of information that can help identify her.

Jenn
05-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Welcome to WS! Glad to have you here!

Do you have any current theories? Mullins mentioned that there are similarities with this murder and a convict currently serving a sentence for other murders by the name of Roy Clifton Swafford. Has he been ruled out as a suspect?

sharon25
05-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Hi folks I am one of the LE's working this Jane Doe case. We will look at any information that we get and try to develop leads. Feel free to e- mail me with any thoughts or ideas. We have explored most of the thoughts that have been mentioned here, but we still need that one bit of information that can help identify her.
Welcome!! Glad to see that you finally signed up :)

-He's the real deal you guys :)

sharon25
05-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Did she have pierced ears?
The description of her does not say.
Also- when it said she had no identifying marks,
does that mean no scars?? no birthmarks??

The thing about missing persons, especially with her age,
is that she could've been a runaway- and not reported right away..
or never at all??

Also- I'm 25, but I look about 18- this could be the case for her as well.
couldn't they tell by x-rays of her bones just how old
she is? or at least if she had reached adulthood yet?

Also- I was searching through the different states
missing persons clearinghouse. Is there a more
consolidated place of missing persons?

if these questions have been answered elsewhere I'm sorry :)

mere
05-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Here are two sites.

www.ncmec.org (http://www.ncmec.org)
www.doenetwork.us (http://www.doenetwork.us)

sharon25
05-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Here are two sites.

www.ncmec.org (http://www.ncmec.org/)
www.doenetwork.us (http://www.doenetwork.us)
I'm sure the doenetwork has been researched completely, don't you think?
And I went through www.ncmec.org (http://www.ncmec.org/) and did a search for females between the age of 10 and 25 with brown eyes who were reported missing from 1970-1980
and the few that I thought looked remotely similar- or didn't have any scars that would identify them, I mentioned here.

I didn't put brown hair in the search because that's more likely
to be subject to personal interpretation (sp?)

She looks so young and innocent!! She deserves to have at least a name, and Justice. But at this point I'll at least settle for a name.

I've also tried looking through Canada's missing persons websites- and I have to tell you, what I've found so far isn't well organized.
Any help on that would be great.

Mexico doesn't really have a nice missing persons website... so I hope she's not from there! We may never find out who she is then!

*** Also- That person's website that has nicknamed her "Cali" he had this theory about some drug related thing down in florida I believe. Anyhow- I tried to e-mail him, because he thought that our Jane Doe in question could've testified at a trial. This could easily be clarified if I could get ahold of him or at the very least find out the dates and place of the trial.
http://www.nymissing.com/modules/tinycontent0/index.php?id=6

He has some facts wrong on some of the pages, might just be a mix up.
Also- why would the LE allow (if they did) crime scene photos to be published??? I understand publishing her picture. but the actual photos of the crime scene?!!

Thanks for reading this long post

mysteriew
05-20-2005, 03:58 PM

Welcome, I hope someone here is able to give you new ideas. I understand that you are limited in the info that you are able to give out, but please feel free to correct any info you see here that is incorrect. We get most of our info from news sources (and occ from neighbors or such if available). Any info you can give out, can be tossed in with what is known and used to open other avenues of search. Otherwise, we need to keep in mind that you have limitations too.
I just wanted you to know that you have gotten into a good, intelligent group of volunteers who will be willing to help in any way possible. So welcome to WS!

Richard
05-21-2005, 12:27 AM

Monica Gonzalez Castillo

It is the custom of most South and Central American Countries, and probably of Mexico as well, for a child to have two "last names". The first "last name" is usually the father's last name, and the second of the two names is usually the mother's maiden name. This is not always the case, however. If no father is listed on a birth registration, then the two last names could be the same as the mother's. There are some who have only one last name, and it might be either the father's or the mother's.

When adopting a child from Colombia (South America), the birth registration is changed and the new certificate will - by Colombian law - have two last names; the adoptive father's last name, followed by the adoptive mother's maiden name. This often leads to confusion in the US, because of our practice of normally recognizing only one last name. Often, a person will be registered under his or her "second" last name.

Looking someone up in a Bogota phone book can be an interesting chore. You have to look up the "first" last name, then the "second" last name, and then look for the given name that the person usually goes by - and that could be a first OR second given name!

smile22
05-21-2005, 08:21 AM
i went to google i went to yahoo i went to excite, looking for info on auto sports inc. I even did auto sports inc 1970s, auto sports inc jackets.. and i came up with nothing all i got was a bunch of websites that had nothing to do with auto sports inc.. does ayone know anything about the company and if they are still around?

tracie
05-21-2005, 02:42 PM
*** Also- That person's website that has nicknamed her "Cali" he had this theory about some drug related thing down in florida I believe. Anyhow- I tried to e-mail him, because he thought that our Jane Doe in question could've testified at a trial. This could easily be clarified if I could get ahold of him or at the very least find out the dates and place of the trial.
http://www.nymissing.com/modules/tinycontent0/index.php?id=6

He has some facts wrong on some of the pages, might just be a mix up.
Also- why would the LE allow (if they did) crime scene photos to be published??? I understand publishing her picture. but the actual photos of the crime scene?!!
[/QUOTE]
Hello, I am the webmaster of www.nymissing.com (http://www.nymissing.com/).

-The images of the crime scene were published in a early 80's edition of a detective magazine(as noted on the page). It was common for those types of magazines to have various crime scene photo's on the cases.

-The only information I have on the identity of the drug dealer & the trial were from the same article.

-The local info is from hand searching local newspaper archives
(I live in the area).

-The information on Christopher Wilder not being in NY in Nov of 1979 is from reasearching his locations/crimes. As far as I can tell, he was in florida at the time. He did travel frequently for racing, but all racing in Western NY was done for the season several weeks before her death.

-The information on the promo jacket she was found wearing was from a news article or the magazine (would have to dig to see which).

-The information about the order of the wounds, the witnesses who claim to have see her just prior to her death were also from published articles.

Information on this case (7 pages) starts at http://www.nymissing.com/modules/tinycontent0/index.php?id=1

Some information came from other sources thru-out the years I have researched this case. My initial interest in her was during my search for a cousin who I started searching for (no contact since 1979).

If you need to contact me, feel free to at owner@nymissing.com or nymissing@earthlink.net I will be more than happy to post any of your ideas on the case on my site.

monkalup
05-21-2005, 04:11 PM
-The information on Christopher Wilder not being in NY in Nov of 1979 is from reasearching his locations/crimes. As far as I can tell, he was in florida at the time. He did travel frequently for racing, but all racing in Western NY was done for the season several weeks before her death.-

This jives with what I know about Wilder as well. He was certainly living in South Fla at the time. traveling? Who knows? Not with racing though I believe.

sharon25
05-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi :)

I do have a question-
did the original article tell what city or county the trial was in???
the dates of the trial???

thanks

sharon25
05-22-2005, 01:38 AM
Take a look at the first crime scene photo
http://www.nymissing.com/modules/tinycontent0/index.php?id=7

and then put this picture up next to it...
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1034dfid.html

is there any mention on the coloration of our Jane Doe's gums???

let me know what you guys think.

smile22
05-22-2005, 12:00 PM
they look simalar, it says her disaperance was involentery what does that mean? that she left on her own free will?

sharon25
05-22-2005, 12:23 PM
they look simalar, it says her disaperance was involentery what does that mean? that she left on her own free will?
i think they look really similar.
involuntary means -left Against their own free will.
but at this point how do they really know anything you know.
i still think they look really similar

2sisters
05-22-2005, 12:30 PM
They have almost identical noses except schulte's seems longer but that could just be the lighting or whatever on the picture. The way her eyes are set anso looks the same. On Charleyproject.org she is listed an endangered missing. It is worth a shot to give this info to the police investigating this.

sharon25
05-22-2005, 12:53 PM
They have almost identical noses except schulte's seems longer but that could just be the lighting or whatever on the picture. The way her eyes are set anso looks the same. On Charleyproject.org she is listed an endangered missing. It is worth a shot to give this info to the police investigating this.

I really think the similarities are there.
Even the fact that our Jane Doe was said to have
had some tooth decay and Diane also appeared
to have some dental problems.

I e-mailed Sgt. Smith.
Who knows! Maybe we can finally put a name
on her headstone.

annemc2
05-22-2005, 09:46 PM
wow - it does really look similar. what really jumped out at me were the eyebrows!!

sharon25
05-23-2005, 02:56 AM
wow - it does really look similar. what really jumped out at me were the eyebrows!!

that would be so great, to finally have a name for her after all these years.

I have a feeling though that they've already looked into this, but
who knows!

If not I am going to make up some fliers with our Jane Doe's picture and information with the heading "IS THIS YOUR DAUGHTER??? SISTER??? COUSIN?? FRIEND??" to maybe catch someone's attention, and put them all over rochester and caledonia.

what do you think?

mysteriew
05-23-2005, 09:55 PM
that would be so great, to finally have a name for her after all these years.

I have a feeling though that they've already looked into this, but
who knows!

If not I am going to make up some fliers with our Jane Doe's picture and information with the heading "IS THIS YOUR DAUGHTER??? SISTER??? COUSIN?? FRIEND??" to maybe catch someone's attention, and put them all over rochester and caledonia.

what do you think?

Sounds like a great idea to me!

smile22
05-24-2005, 12:40 PM
i think a general flyer with the le involved in the jane doe should not only be posted in ny but also in other states, i live in ct and its about 2 hrs to nyc so ny and ct are not far at all, everyone who would want to post flyers in there state could thus maybe generating more tips/leads

sharon25
05-24-2005, 01:39 PM
I really think the similarities are there.
Even the fact that our Jane Doe was said to have
had some tooth decay and Diane also appeared
to have some dental problems.

I e-mailed Sgt. Smith.
Who knows! Maybe we can finally put a name
on her headstone.

Diane is not our jane doe :(

carolina
05-24-2005, 02:24 PM
well it was defiantely a good try! you had concvinced me!

sharon25
05-24-2005, 02:28 PM
well it was defiantely a good try! you had concvinced me!
I was really hoping that it was!
I also hope that I'm not giving the detective all these
"leads" that they have already checked out.
I would hate to actually be hurting their investigation rather
than helping it.

Time is not on our side though :(

I have a question though-----

Are ALL missing persons reports in a centralized database for
LE to look through???
And if so WHEN was this system set up?

Is it possible that they are reports of missing persons
that never made it to the system for all LE to search through??

Richard
05-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Is it possible that they are reports of missing persons
that never made it to the system for all LE to search through??
This On-Line searching for missing persons is fairly recent. Missing Person boards only started up in the late 1990's.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was probably the first large data base, because it had been going as an organization in the early 1980's - so they had been building up files for some time before they went "on-line". But because they only are concerned with missing Children, many cases of missing adults had to wait for later websites to start up.

The Doenetwork is fairly new, and it has been building in size since its start, adding new cases every week - take a look at it, and you will see that often their "new" cases are actually old ones. They require that someone be missing for seven years before they can be added to the website.

joellegirl
05-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Also check out http://www.charleyproject.org. It is run by one of the ladies that used to run the old Missing Persons Cold Case Network.There are cases on there-even some very old ones, that aren't (as of now)on the Doe Network. I believe a person only has to missing 6 months to be on The Charley Project, which is named after a little boy named Charley who went missing in the 1870s. Alot of the case files are very detailed with lots of info. I don't think unidentified victims are on the site, but many very old cases are, as well as very recent ones. This site and the Doe Network are great sites.

KrazyKollector
06-04-2005, 06:23 AM
I have looked around on the different sites. I never knew there were so many missing people or so many jane and john does. And I am sure that the records are still scanty, especially on the older cases. I was looking for the case of the girl I had gone to HS with (a year behind me) and who disappeared when she was in college. She left her dorm to go to a Halloween party and disappeared off the face of the earth. My DH ended up working with her father and he would spend weekends bicycling around the college trying to find something out. I am sure that he now "knows" what happened, since he felt he would find out when he died, but she left behind a Mom (not sure if she is still alive or not) and a brother, along with many friends. But, prior to the 80's, there just wasn't a network like there is now.

I knew another girl who had moved from my town to FL with her family and was murdered walking home one evening. That was also mid-70's. As far as I know, it was never solved. Is there anyplace online to find out if it ever was in the last 30 years, or if there is any update at all?

Just my observation of "Cali". Her face looks "young" to me. Maybe it's the mask of death making her look younger, but she still looks like her face was needing to "mature". I wonder if the two people who claimed to see her/talk to her noticed any kind of an accent or dialect to her voice?
Even her clothing seems youngish, or what the younger group was more apt to wear back then.
I still would not totally dismiss the race car fan-follower. She might have been a groupie who met someone who convinced her he was "in the circuit" or getting into it and she could have been staying with him for a few weeks and then wanted to leave and he didn't want her to.
Her picture is just so sad. Like she needs a mommy's arms around her. I hope that someday, it gets solved or she gets identified.

Richard
06-08-2005, 09:10 AM
I have looked around on the different sites. I never knew there were so many missing people or so many jane and john does. And I am sure that the records are still scanty, especially on the older cases. I was looking for the case of the girl I had gone to HS with (a year behind me) and who disappeared when she was in college. She left her dorm to go to a Halloween party and disappeared off the face of the earth. My DH ended up working with her father and he would spend weekends bicycling around the college trying to find something out. I am sure that he now "knows" what happened, since he felt he would find out when he died, but she left behind a Mom (not sure if she is still alive or not) and a brother, along with many friends. But, prior to the 80's, there just wasn't a network like there is now.

I knew another girl who had moved from my town to FL with her family and was murdered walking home one evening. That was also mid-70's. As far as I know, it was never solved. Is there anyplace online to find out if it ever was in the last 30 years, or if there is any update at all?
If you cannot find information about these cases on-line, then try looking up the stories about them in newspaper microfilm files. Most of the larger libraries can help you in such a search.

Take a look at the general format of information given in Doenetwork and NCMEC - then do a write up for them and submit it. That is how a lot of the cases get featured.

sharon25
06-10-2005, 08:16 PM
This On-Line searching for missing persons is fairly recent. Missing Person boards only started up in the late 1990's.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was probably the first large data base, because it had been going as an organization in the early 1980's - so they had been building up files for some time before they went "on-line". But because they only are concerned with missing Children, many cases of missing adults had to wait for later websites to start up.

The Doenetwork is fairly new, and it has been building in size since its start, adding new cases every week - take a look at it, and you will see that often their "new" cases are actually old ones. They require that someone be missing for seven years before they can be added to the website.
How does the LE look for missing persons? Don't they have their own database that they search through???
How long has that been established?
Is it mandatory that every missing persons case
be put into a system that is searchable by ALL of LE????

don't know if anyone has answers to these questions or not :)

sharon25
06-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Thanks for your quick response. Yes I do have information about the individual on death row. His name is Roy Clifton Swafford. According to the serial murder profiling information, he appears to be a hedonistic serial killer---the information I have read indicates that they travel out of their hometowns to commit the murders....I don't know if there would be any way to find out if he was in the NY area during that time.
Sgt. Smith e-mailed me and said he does not believe it was Roy Clifton Swafford.

Mullins
06-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Sgt. Smith e-mailed me and said he does not believe it was Roy Clifton Swafford.
Thanks for posting that info Sharon25. Hopefully some day something will turn up to help solve this one.

sharon25
06-21-2005, 01:35 AM
Thanks for posting that info Sharon25. Hopefully some day something will turn up to help solve this one.
I hope so,
It seems so sad and unlikely :(

Mrs_Norwood
07-01-2005, 07:26 PM
I found this by searching the terms "He who holds the key can open my heart" along with jewelry in my search engine and found this.

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:HuYssmO8dBMJ:www.historyofcars-l.com/items/4970096832.html+%22He+who+holds+the+key+can+open+m y+heart%22+jewelry&hl=en

It's almost exactly like that girls except it is gold and has a different shape..like it was hand made. The key fits in exactly like that girls in the same place.

Here's another one I found. I don't see a picture, but it says this one is also gold and has the same inscription. http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:TO3pfGQAoNwJ:www.dealdawg.com/gold-love-charm-11001-Jewelry--Lockets.html+%22He+who+holds+the+key+can+open+my+h eart%22+jewelry&hl=en

smile22
07-02-2005, 08:55 AM
I found this by searching the terms "He who holds the key can open my heart" along with jewelry in my search engine and found this.

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:HuYssmO8dBMJ:www.historyofcars-l.com/items/4970096832.html+%22He+who+holds+the+key+can+open+m y+heart%22+jewelry&hl=en

It's almost exactly like that girls except it is gold and has a different shape..like it was hand made. The key fits in exactly like that girls in the same place.

Here's another one I found. I don't see a picture, but it says this one is also gold and has the same inscription. http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:TO3pfGQAoNwJ:www.dealdawg.com/gold-love-charm-11001-Jewelry--Lockets.html+%22He+who+holds+the+key+can+open+my+h eart%22+jewelry&hl=en

the thing with her key to the heart was that it looked very cheep it had the key ring sorta clasp and was belived to be one of the cheeper ones mass marketed for truck stops/ gas stations and conveniance stores. they key to her identity might lie in the jewlery that they found on her and the tan that she had

Mullins
07-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I think it was a good idea to search the web for similar jewelry. It makes me wonder if there's any way to find out who the manufacturer of the Caledonia Jane Doe's jewelry was (even though I hear it's mass produced), and whether or not the current heart you found on ebay is handmade or manufactured.....

Mullins
08-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Just wondering KrazyKollector if you ever found out any info on the two murders you mentioned in your post (the one you went to HS with and the one who moved from your hometown to FL). I am interested in unsolved murders in the southeastern and northeastern US (FL, MA, NY etc) from the mid seventies to 1983. Keep me posted if you find anything out. Thanks.

Just my observation of "Cali". Her face looks "young" to me. Maybe it's the mask of death making her look younger, but she still looks like her face was needing to "mature". I wonder if the two people who claimed to see her/talk to her noticed any kind of an accent or dialect to her voice?
Even her clothing seems youngish, or what the younger group was more apt to wear back then.
I still would not totally dismiss the race car fan-follower. She might have been a groupie who met someone who convinced her he was "in the circuit" or getting into it and she could have been staying with him for a few weeks and then wanted to leave and he didn't want her to.
Her picture is just so sad. Like she needs a mommy's arms around her. I hope that someday, it gets solved or she gets identified.

Richard
08-03-2005, 09:48 AM
I have always felt that the Indian Jewlry found on this little girl might provide some clue to her identity. Does anyone collect or deal in such jewlry? If it could be determined who made it or where it was made, then perhaps she might be identified.

laini
08-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Is anybody familiar with killer Richard Biegenwald? I am reading about him in a book and the unsolved murder of Cali came to my mind. From 1977 to 1980 his parole officer lost contact with him I believe. He was in NY/ New Jersesy area. He liked to see people die but didn't sexually assult them, the book says. (It is called 'Thrill Killers' by c. linedecker).

Anybody have any thoughts on this? I just wanted to post what I was thinking. I hope her murder and identity can be solved soon.

laini

Mr. E
08-21-2005, 12:51 AM
This is my first post here. I've read through all the other cold cases threads and couldn't find a thread for the unidentified girl who was murdered in 1979 in Caledonia, NY (I seem to remember seeing a thread here, I just can't find it). So I apologize if this has already been discussed.

The doenetwork number is 1UFNY. Looking around on doenetwork, I found a missing girl who, in my opinion, looks very much like the Caledonia girl. Her name is Sharon Drover, #1321DFNF.

Especially when you compare the morgue photo with Sharon Drover, they look very similar to me.
http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Wanted_&_Missing/Unidentified/view.cfm?ID=1

http://doenetwork.us/cases/1321dfnf.html

I've always been intrigued by this unidentified Caledonia girl. She's looks so young -- shouldn't someone be wondering where she is?

shadowangel
08-21-2005, 09:46 AM
The thread, started by Richard, is down the page a few threads (Unidentified Female, Caledonia...) Its up to 4 pages or so now....Welcome aboard, by the way. :) "Cali"'s story has intrigued many of us...:waitasec:

bensmom98
08-21-2005, 09:54 AM
This is my first post here. I've read through all the other cold cases threads and couldn't find a thread for the unidentified girl who was murdered in 1979 in Caledonia, NY (I seem to remember seeing a thread here, I just can't find it). So I apologize if this has already been discussed.

The doenetwork number is 1UFNY. Looking around on doenetwork, I found a missing girl who, in my opinion, looks very much like the Caledonia girl. Her name is Sharon Drover, #1321DFNF.

Especially when you compare the morgue photo with Sharon Drover, they look very similar to me.
http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Wanted_&_Missing/Unidentified/view.cfm?ID=1

http://doenetwork.us/cases/1321dfnf.html

I've always been intrigued by this unidentified Caledonia girl. She's looks so young -- shouldn't someone be wondering where she is?

I see a definate resemblance between the two. Does anyone else agreee?

mjak
08-21-2005, 09:58 AM
I agree!!! There is deffinitly a strong resembelance. However, the eyebrows are different.

mjak

bensmom98
08-21-2005, 10:04 AM
I agree!!! There is deffinitly a strong resembelance. However, the eyebrows are different.

mjak

I think Jane Doe's eyebrows were plucked or waxed.

fran
08-21-2005, 10:14 AM
I agree, the pictures are similar. It only takes a short time to do your eyebrows. Perhaps, if it is her, she did her eyebrows after the picture. Also, if it is her, maybe someone would recognize the jewelry.

JMHO
fran

Richard
08-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Is anybody familiar with killer Richard Biegenwald? I am reading about him in a book and the unsolved murder of Cali came to my mind. From 1977 to 1980 his parole officer lost contact with him I believe. He was in NY/ New Jersesy area. He liked to see people die but didn't sexually assult them, the book says. (It is called 'Thrill Killers' by c. linedecker).

Anybody have any thoughts on this? I just wanted to post what I was thinking. I hope her murder and identity can be solved soon.

laini
What was Miegenwald's method of killing and disposing of his victims? Who did he choose, and why?

shadowangel
08-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Here is a link to a bio on Biegenwald-

http://www.francesfarmersrevenge.com/stuff/serialkillers/biegenwald.htm

All the sites say he preferred girls with long, dark hair. Of course, that could only be the ones definitely linked to him...

Victims First
09-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Hello, Two questions regarding the young girl found in Caledonia. Does anyone here know the exact issue of True Detective Magazine that published this case? The next question is actually regarding Christopher Wilder a possible suspect in this case. Is anyone familiar with a film that documented his killing and rape spree? A friend of mine recalls watching it but didn't remember the actual Title. I searched under, "The Beauty Queen Killer" guessing that maybe the film would have carried the same title as this book about him but nothing came up. Any information will greatly be appreciated!

LillyRush
09-16-2005, 04:57 AM
Not much info to go on from this one unfortunately. But I see a resemblence...

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/images/MGCastillo.jpg
Gonzalez Castillo, circa 1979

Monica Gonzalez Castillo
Missing since 1979 from Queretaro, Mexico
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0'' (155 cm)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark auburn, curly hair; light brown eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Monica was last seen in 1979 in Queretaro, Mexico

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Procuraduria General de la Republica
01-800-00-252-00
53-46-01-00

Agency Case Number: 68/POV/98 Source Information:
Procuraduria General de la Republica (http://www.pgr.gob.mx/cgi-bin/persextr.exe/datos?registro=137&ind=1)

Wow, I definitely see a resemblance. How did you end up finding that website? I think you should forward a tip, if you haven't already. Sorry if you already mentioned that, I haven't read the whole thread.

LillyRush
09-16-2005, 05:22 AM
Hmm, on second thought, as far as age..I just did a translation via yahoo search and it gives her age as 39 yrs old (approximately)
http://66.218.71.231/language/translation/translatedPage.php?tt=url&text=http%3a//www.pgr.gob.mx/cgi-bin/persextr.exe/datos%3fregistro=137%26ind=1&lp=es_en&.intl=us&fr=slv1-

Mónica González Castle
SEX:Feminine AGE:39 years, approx.STATURE:1.55 mts. Approx.COMPLEXION: Medium COMPLEXION:Clear colored person FACE:Square IN FRONT: EYEBROWS:Filled EYELASHES: NOSE:Boat MOUTH:Medium LIPS: TEETH: EARS: EYES:Medium, clear coffee HAIR:Wave, dark chestnut treeFILE: 68/POV/98 CHIN:Square

Richard
09-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Hmm, on second thought, as far as age..I just did a translation via yahoo search and it gives her age as 39 yrs old (approximately)
http://66.218.71.231/language/translation/translatedPage.php?tt=url&text=http%3a//www.pgr.gob.mx/cgi-bin/persextr.exe/datos%3fregistro=137%26ind=1&lp=es_en&.intl=us&fr=slv1-

Mónica González Castle
SEX:Feminine AGE:39 years, approx.STATURE:1.55 mts. Approx.COMPLEXION: Medium COMPLEXION:Clear colored person FACE:Square IN FRONT: EYEBROWS:Filled EYELASHES: NOSE:Boat MOUTH:Medium LIPS: TEETH: EARS: EYES:Medium, clear coffee HAIR:Wave, dark chestnut treeFILE: 68/POV/98 CHIN:SquareMost of the missing person websites are set up to automatically "update" the age in their files based on the listed date of birth. In other words, it is the age that the person would be today. Some list the age at time of disappearance, and will clearly state so in their listing. Looking at the listing above, it would seem that the site is listing her age as of today, which would mean that she was aproximately 13 years old in 1979.

I agree that there is a close resemblence and that the possibility of a match should be checked.

LillyRush
09-16-2005, 05:01 PM
I hadn't thought about that, that could be true. I was wondering why it said 'approximately' after the age, guess because they are guessing up from when she was last seen.

Richard
10-03-2005, 01:33 AM
The "translation" link is basically the same information which appears in the Doenetwork file on Monica Gonzalez Castillo. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any additional information posted about her. I have had a lot of problems with on-line or computer translations of other languages. Sometimes they work OK, but sometimes you get some pretty strange things from them.

Regarding, Monica as a possible match to Caledonia's Jane Doe; I forwarded the information to the Livingston County Police of New York last week, and they called to thank me and ask if I had any further information on Monica. The officer I spoke with said that they are keeping an open mind, but that the possibility of a match is something that they will be looking into.

Several things seem to match: the year is 1979 for both, the brown curly hair, indication of poor dental care and a non-US trained dentist, the Southwestern jewelry, and the tanned complexion. Height and age are also close, and there is some resemblence in the photos/sketches.

Unfortunately, the links to the Mexican website provided in the Doenetwork file does not work, and I have not yet been able to contact authorities in Mexico regarding this possible match.

I am not certain whether or not Mexico has a central office for missing persons, or a central data base like our FBI does here in the US. If not, it would probably be police in Queretaro, Mexico who have Monica's file and information.

Has anyone seen more information about her anywhere? Any links or addresses for Mexican authorities?

Richard
10-20-2005, 10:50 PM
A Livingston County Sheriff Deputy investigating the case of the Jane Doe murdered in November 1979 has contacted the FBI agents assigned to the US Embassy in Mexico, and has asked that they obtain more information about Monica Gonzalez Castillo, who has been missing since 1979.

Here is a better translation of the poster mentioned previously:

Mónica González Castillo

EDAD: 39 años, Aprox. (Age today: Aproximately 39 years) Note; other websites indicate that her age was aproximately 15 in 1979.
ESTATURA: 1.55 mts. Aprox. (STATURE: 1.55 mts. Aprox. )
COMPLEXION: Mediana (COMPLEXION: Medium)
TEZ: Morena clara (COMPLEXION: clear colored person)
CARA: Cuadrada (FACE: Square)
FRENTE: (IN FRONT)
CEJAS: Semipobladas (EYEBROWS: Semipopulated) Note: might mean that her eybrows had been plucked.
PESTAÑAS: (EYELASHES: )
NARIZ: Chata (NOSE: Flat)
BOCA: Mediana (MOUTH: Medium)
LABIOS: (LIPS)
DIENTES: (TEETH)
OREJAS: (EARS)
OJOS: Medianos,café claro (EYES: Medium, clear coffee color)
CABELLO: Ondulado, castaño obscuro (HAIR: Wavy, dark chestnut color)
MENTON: Cuadrado (CHIN: Square)
EXPEDIENTE: 68/POV/98 (FILE: 68/POV/98)

SEÑAS PARTICULARES: PARTICULAR SIGNS:
LUGAR Y FECHA DE EXTRAVIO: Querétaro, Querétaro En 1979.
(PLACE And DATE OF Disappearance: City of Querétaro, State of Querétaro In 1979.)
ROPAS QUE VESTIA: (What Clothing was being worn)
OBSERVACIONES: EXP. 68/POV/98 (OBSERVATIONS: EXP. 68/POV/98 - this is the official file number)

CUALQUIER INFORMACION FAVOR DE REPORTARLA A LOS TELEFONOS:
53-46-01-00 DEL INTERIOR DE LA REPUBLICA
AL
01-800-00-252-00
SIN COSTO

Translation:
If you have any information , please report it at the following telephone numbers:
53-46-01-00 (if in the interior of the Republic of Mexico) or
01-800-00-252-00 (WITHOUT COST - toll free)

Link to Missing Person Page for Monica Gonzalez Castillo:

http://www.pgr.gob.mx/cgi-bin/persextr.exe/datos?registro=137&ind=2 (http://www.pgr.gob.mx/cgi-bin/persextr.exe/datos?registro=137&ind=2)

Richard
10-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Here is another Unidentified girl whose circumstances and discription are very similar to "Cali". Time of death is 7 months prior to the Caledonia, NY murder. Note resemblence, type of jewelry, manner of death...

The Doe Network:
Case File 152UFNJ http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/images/152UFNJ.jpg
Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White or Hispanic Female
The victim was discovered on April 10, 1979 in Middlesex County, New Jersey
Estimated Date of Death: April 3, 1979

Vital Statistics

Estimated Year of Birth: 1949 - 1961
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" - 5'4"; 110 - 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. Unknown if she had any scars, marks.
Dentals: Available
Clothing: The victim was found wearing a pink dress with a brown rope-type belt, black high-heel shoes, and pantyhose.
Jewelry: The victim was wearing a silver necklace with a striped horn charm (possibly ceramic).

Case History
The victim was discovered on April 10, 1979 in a wooded area off of the N.J. Turnpike near East Brunswick Township, N.J. She was a victim of a homicide ( gunshot in the back of head).

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
The New Jersey State Police 800-709-7090 E-Mail (missingp@gw.njsp.org)
Or
Major Crime Unit 609-882-2000

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: H207925

NCIC Number: U-640498165

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The New Jersey State Police (http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_middlesex_u640498165.html)

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/152ufnj.html (http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_middlesex_u640498165.html)

pugsley
10-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Here is another Unidentified girl whose circumstances and discription are very similar to "Cali". Time of death is 7 months prior to the Caledonia, NY murder. Note resemblence, type of jewelry, manner of death...

The Doe Network:
Case File 152UFNJ http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/images/152UFNJ.jpg
Reconstruction of Victim

Vital Statistics

Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. Unknown if she had any scars, marks.
Clothing: The victim was found wearing a pink dress with a brown rope-type belt, black high-heel shoes, and pantyhose.
Jewelry: The victim was wearing a silver necklace with a striped horn charm (possibly ceramic).

Case History
The victim was discovered on April 10, 1979 in a wooded area off of the N.J. Turnpike near East Brunswick Township, N.J. She was a victim of a homicide ( gunshot in the back of head).

Investigators
The New Jersey State Police 800-709-7090 E-Mail (missingp@gw.njsp.org)
Or
Major Crime Unit 609-882-2000

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The New Jersey State Police (http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_middlesex_u640498165.html)

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/152ufnj.html (http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_middlesex_u640498165.html)

I think this unidentified in NJ looks more like Monica Castillo than Cali does. Cali has very thin lips, actually all her features look small to me.

laini
11-23-2005, 02:54 PM
I have wondered before about Giannina Maria Colonna Aponte.

www.doenetwork.us/cases/1173dfpr.html (http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1173dfpr.html)

She went missing in 1974 with her brother. She doesn't sound like a runaway who would be hitchhiking five years later,given teh circumstances of her disappearance, but maybe the facts of Giannina's diappearance aren't accurate. (maybe sometimes a family doesn't give the whole truth in a certain circumstances).

In Cali's autopsy photo on nymissing website, she looks not caucasian to me. I haven't seen anywhere where it is stated if she is believed to be Hispanic, Indian, etc... (If it is please tell me - I missed it). Her hair looks black to me.

I just think Giannina resembles her. Any thoughts?

laini
11-26-2005, 03:09 AM
Just wanted to bump this up.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

smile22
11-26-2005, 10:14 AM
hey i saw something in a magazine that pertains to this case. i make jewelry. nad had reccently ordered some ready make stuff from this great website firemountaingems. they have some of the best prices. anyways i got the usual catologe with my order and i was flipping though and they had the heart in silver
it says he who holds the key can unlock my heart http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H151597FS

Richard
11-26-2005, 11:35 AM
hey i saw something in a magazine that pertains to this case. i make jewelry. nad had reccently ordered some ready make stuff from this great website firemountaingems. they have some of the best prices. anyways i got the usual catologe with my order and i was flipping though and they had the heart in silver
it says he who holds the key can unlock my heart http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H151597FS
I wonder if anyone with that company might recognize the silver and turquoise jewlry the girl was wearing.

smile22
11-26-2005, 12:15 PM
they might they sell alot of jewelry findings and stuff to make jewelry and sell some ready made jewelry and gifts the company has been around for a while it wouldnt hurt to email them

docwho3
11-26-2005, 03:36 PM
I was just killing a little time and ran a simple search and found these results:
One of them is info you already have but at an updated address.

One Networker suggests Deborah Ann Quimby (case # 274DFMA) as a possible Cali. But she doesn’t seem to have quite the distinctive nose of the Doe, and teeth are off, somehow. Same goes for Sandra Kaye Butler (951DFNV). However, Angela Mae Meeker (1351DFWA) strikes many as a more plausible match. Missing since 1979 from Tacoma, Washington, the dates seem to line up right. The nose looks a lot more like Cali's. The height and weight are only off by a bit. And while the hair color's wrong – Meeker is listed as blonde – it’s a fairly dark shade, and could have been confused with Cali frosted 'do. So the Network's liaison to the authorities in New York, sends the information to the state police.
http://www.defensetech.org/archives/001051.html
More description of what was worn
Note:this page has moved from its old address.
It also lists a link to crime scene photos and other links
similar stones from the "Fire Mountain Gems" catalog.
http://www.nymissing.com/modules/cali/index.php?id=2
"This is a really bad picture of a pair of necklaces that I own... The heart has the writing on it... "He who holds the Key can open my heart" and the key is for the guy... I want to send it to my love, my Aaron... but I dunno if he'd think it's too girly... *shrugs* I'll probably send him a link to this entry when I get a chance to talk to him again..."

http://www.greatestjournal.com/users/desireless_fae/

Richard
11-27-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the links, Doc. Do you know the date of the first one? When I spoke with the case officer, he did not mention Angela Mae Meeker or any other possible matches being currently investigated. Perhaps she was ruled out some time ago.

The author of the second link presents a very imaginative and colorful scenario about "Cali" possibly being an international traveler and a player in the drug trade. While just about anything is possible at this point, I just do not get that impression of this young girl. She seems to me to be much younger, like between 14 and 18 years of age. I base that on her images, her clothing, and choice of jewlry. If she was from a foreign country, her language and culture skills would not have lent themselves to being a major player in the drug trade.

She was most likely traveling the country, happy to be free and oblivious to danger. I feel that the person(s) who killed her simply did so because that is what they do/did - not because of anything that "Cali" knew or because she did or didn't do something. There was a very similar case in New Jersey (menitoned in another post above) where a young girl/woman was shot in the head and left in a rural area.

When I spoke with the detective in Livingston County, NY earlier this month, he told me that they were still attempting to get information from the Mexican government on Monica Gonzales Castillo to compare with "Cali", but that it was taking them some time to obtain that information.

smile22
11-27-2005, 09:20 AM
i went back to the cali link and checked out the heart charm. and looked the picture over. i noticed that it is similar to one found on fire mountain gems. the one that fire mountain has is sterling silver and retails for i belive 40$. The one cali had looked to be something you would find in a truck stop or gas station. just by looking at the details such as the clasp it had which is on the cheeper end of clasps if that charm was sterling, or real gold the clasp would have been much nicer. also that clasp can be found in ordinary craft stores

docwho3
11-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the links, Doc. Do you know the date of the first one? When I spoke with the case officer, he did not mention Angela Mae Meeker or any other possible matches being currently investigated. Perhaps she was ruled out some time ago. . .I don't know for sure. The copyright notice at page bottom reads 2005 but that does not necessarily date the case info to that year.

. . .The author of the second link presents a very imaginative and colorful scenario about "Cali" possibly being an international traveler and a player in the drug trade. While just about anything is possible at this point, I just do not get that impression of this young girl. She seems to me to be much younger, like between 14 and 18 years of age. I base that on her images, her clothing, and choice of jewlry. If she was from a foreign country, her language and culture skills would not have lent themselves to being a major player in the drug trade. . . You have a point and if she were a big dealers "girl" then I would think her death had more to do with the fact that it was sugar and not something more as it should have been.

. . .She was most likely traveling the country, happy to be free and oblivious to danger. I feel that the person(s) who killed her simply did so because that is what they do/did - not because of anything that "Cali" knew or because she did or didn't do something. There was a very similar case in New Jersey (menitoned in another post above) where a young girl/woman was shot in the head and left in a rural area.

When I spoke with the detective in Livingston County, NY earlier this month, he told me that they were still attempting to get information from the Mexican government on Monica Gonzales Castillo to compare with "Cali", but that it was taking them some time to obtain that information. I am still mulling this one over in my mind but what you have said so far is not unreasonable. Keep up the good work. There are a couple of things sort of nibbling around the edges of my thoughts. Maybe in time I will make sense of them.

Hollow
01-12-2006, 02:08 AM
http://www.fallenwall.org/ljd2.html

Mr. E
02-26-2006, 06:26 PM
I know this may have already been brought up, but what about Paulette Susan Jaster?

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/108dfmi.html

She was missing since May 1979
She was 5'4; 115 pounds
She had brown hair/hazel eyes
She liked unusual jewelry

"Cali" was found in Nov. 1979
"Cali" had brown hair
"Cali" was 5'3/120 pounds
"Cali" had an unusual necklace

There are two big differences -- "Cali's" age was approximately 13-19 and Paulette was 25. Also, there was a reported sighting of Paulette in early 1980; however, I can't find any definitive information on that sighting. Maybe it was a mistake.

Paradise
02-26-2006, 09:51 PM
I think Paulette looks a lot like her also but the panel takes a lot of time to make a decision, they look at every single detail and they're very thorough. I respect their decisions, even though sometimes I don't agree with them (everyone has a right to their own opinion).

Mr. E
02-27-2006, 07:49 AM
I'm sorry; I don't understand. What panel? Is this similarity something that's being investigated right now?

Richard
02-27-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm sorry; I don't understand. What panel? Is this similarity something that's being investigated right now?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Paradise is referring to the Doenetwork organization. When a match is proposed to them, they farm it out to a "panel" for comments and recommendations, before contacting the law enforcement agencies involved with the cases.

Richard
03-15-2006, 11:41 PM
Here is a site which contains an actual photo of "Cali", as well as her fingerprint data.

U-0247
Description: White female, 13 to 19, 5'3'', aprx 115 lbs, brown, curly shoulder length hair with blonde streaks of frosting and brown eyes. Fairly well tanned with bikini swimwear markings. Blood type ''A'' positive.
Discovered 11/09/79 adjacent to NY Route 20 in Caledonia, Livingston County, 1/2 mile south west of Route 5. Wore tan corduroy jeans, multi-colored plaid cotton/polyester shirt, blue knee socks, brown ripple sole shoes. Red nylon lined wind breaker type jacket with label ''Auto Sports Products Inc.'' on inside collar. Indian style bracelet, single strand of silver beads with three turquoise stones, one resembling a bird, inexpensive double chain, one strand bearing slotted heart with inscription , ''He who holds the key can open my heart'', the other with small key fitting slot in heart. UR and UL molars badly decayed, no dental care on either.

Cause of death: .38 caliber gunshot wounds, one above right eye, other in back. Bullets recovered.

Fingerprints:
20 L 5 U 4
I 1 T _ T

Contact: Livingston County Sheriff's Dept. 4 Court Street Geneseo NY 14454 Tel: (716) 243-7120

Source Information:
ID-Wanted.org - U-0247

Link:
http://www.id-wanted.org/description.asp?caseNum=U-0247

azure
03-16-2006, 12:51 AM
She looks caucasian to me in all of the autopsy/crime scene photographs.

Any information about the possible matches mentioned earlier?

Kelly

Richard
03-16-2006, 07:33 AM
She looks caucasian to me in all of the autopsy/crime scene photographs.
Any information about the possible matches mentioned earlier?
Kelly
I have not heard back from the officer in charge of the investigation. I know that he had been working with the FBI Office in Mexico and they were attempting to get some more information and records on a missing girl from down there, but that they were having a difficult time obtaining records.

iconoclast
06-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility that Cali may have been slightly developmentally challenged? If the reconstruction of her is accurate, it should be brought up. She would, of course, have been very high functioning, but perhaps this is why no one seems to have looked for her?

She was most likely traveling the country, happy to be free and oblivious to danger. I feel that the person(s) who killed her simply did so because that is what they do/did - not because of anything that "Cali" knew or because she did or didn't do something. There was a very similar case in New Jersey (menitoned in another post above) where a young girl/woman was shot in the head and left in a rural area.

pittsburghgirl
06-17-2006, 01:21 AM
Has anyone considered the possibility that Cali may have been slightly developmentally challenged? If the reconstruction of her is accurate, it should be brought up. She would, of course, have been very high functioning, but perhaps this is why no one seems to have looked for her?

On the thread for the missing couple found in S. Carolina, Aug. 1976, a poster noted some similarities between that case and this one. It is worth a look. Gunshot wounds, close to interstate highways, eastern U.S.

And here I am copying the description of the female victim's jewelry, which brings to mind the jewelry in this case: Three Silver rings that resembled American Indian or Mexican handmade jewelry. One piece was a faceted band with red, white and blue stones. Another ring had a oblong black stone. The third was a large, intricate feather scroll band with a jade insert into the curves of the scroll.

Also, the male in S.C. was wearing a t-shirt with a logo thought to be linked to the 1975 Sebring races in Florida, so there is, at least through clothing, a link to auto racing.

Richard
06-19-2006, 10:39 AM
On the thread for the missing couple found in S. Carolina, Aug. 1976, a poster noted some similarities between that case and this one. It is worth a look. Gunshot wounds, close to interstate highways, eastern U.S.

And here I am copying the description of the female victim's jewelry, which brings to mind the jewelry in this case: Three Silver rings that resembled American Indian or Mexican handmade jewelry. One piece was a faceted band with red, white and blue stones. Another ring had a oblong black stone. The third was a large, intricate feather scroll band with a jade insert into the curves of the scroll.

Also, the male in S.C. was wearing a t-shirt with a logo thought to be linked to the 1975 Sebring races in Florida, so there is, at least through clothing, a link to auto racing.These are interesting details which might possibly link the two cases.

There is another case, which I posted earlier, about an unknown girl found in New Jersey in April 1979. She was wearing a silver necklace, was shot in the head, and was left near a major roadway.

Here is a Link:
http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_middlesex_u640498165.html

iconoclast
06-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Could this be the girl who died in that cornfield?

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=1860219100362

She went missing a little over a month before Cali was found. She had been in California and Texas where she could have acquired the jewelry and tan lines. Admittedly her nose is different, but would an injury while on the road account for the unusual shape of her face?

laini
07-09-2006, 11:35 PM
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1667dfnj.html

I am sure this has been ruled out. But I didn't see it here. They look very similar to me.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1ufny.html

annemc2
08-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Some new info on Cali's case on the Doe Network site today -

A new tool in the investigation that's helped find some new leads. Working with the Monroe County Medical Examiner, pollen samples taken from the victim's clothing were sent to a lab in Texas. Testing determined the pollen could have come from just four places: Arizona, California, South Florida, or Mexico.
In 2005 exhumed the grave, sending some of the victims teeth to be tested. There's hope that could identify minerals found in drinking water, which in turn could further help narrow down where the victim may have been from.

There is also info about Lucas and Toole confessing to the case, as well as speculation regarding Wilder's involvement that I don't remember seeing posted there before. It's good to know it's still an active case!

smile22
08-27-2006, 10:47 AM
now that we have this little info to go on we need to focus on all listed missing girls from that time frame in those states.

ok i am listing all females that went missing in az around the time jane doe was found in ny some of them might not have any potential matches but someone might recognize one of the missing as a nother potential jane doe http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/932dfaz.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/94dfaz.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/95dfaz.html

now mexico

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/2072dfmx.html very very long shot

=i checked out new mexico on doe but the earliest listing for a missing female is april of 86

Richard
08-27-2006, 11:19 AM
... Testing determined the pollen could have come from just four places: Arizona, California, South Florida, or Mexico....
This evidence seems consistant with the SouthWest type of Indian jewelry that she was wearing. I still have a strong feeling that she may be Monica Gonzalez Castillo, missing from Mexico in 1979 (see earlier posts).

smile22
08-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Richard i went back into your earlier posts on this monica girl and the link was not working. checked out doe and nothing. i then googled her name which poped up doe when i clicked on it it said could not be found or something. so i went back and copyed the case file number and searched doe for it she must have been taken off of doe network but why? did they find a match for her?

outofthedark
08-28-2006, 02:46 AM
Richard i went back into your earlier posts on this monica girl and the link was not working. checked out doe and nothing. i then googled her name which poped up doe when i clicked on it it said could not be found or something. so i went back and copyed the case file number and searched doe for it she must have been taken off of doe network but why? did they find a match for her?I'm on Doe Network everyday- so maybe she might be on tommorow's "Site Updates" list or the "Site Updates" list on the 29th- depending if they even have updates lists for both the 28th and 29th...or whatever date

As for ID'd victims/missing persons, The Doe Network has a tendency to report victims or missing persons identified/recovered long after their actual time or month of identification/recovery

Richard
08-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Richard i went back into your earlier posts on this monica girl and the link was not working. checked out doe and nothing. i then googled her name which poped up doe when i clicked on it it said could not be found or something. so i went back and copyed the case file number and searched doe for it she must have been taken off of doe network but why? did they find a match for her?
I do not know why the links are not working or why Doenetwork had removed Monica's case file. I can tell you that my posts on this forum contain everything that the Doenetwork had on her, as well as what the Mexican site contained - that is except for the photos.

I recall having trouble with the Mexican Missing Persons site because none of their links worked, and I was unable to make any contact with authorities there. It may have been because of those problems that Doenetwork removed it.

The Livingston County (NY) case officer whom I spoke with contacted FBI officials in Mexico in an attempt to get more information on Monica's case, but I have not heard whether or not they were successful.

smile22
08-28-2006, 03:47 PM
i am going to contact doe and see what is going on i dont quite remember her picture as i have not seen in sice you first posted the links a while ago. those missing from doe in az that i listed are so long of a shot. i went into the florida area and didnt see anything that cought my eye but i was kinda searching to fast im gona do another doe search in florida and see if any potentials come up

smile22
08-28-2006, 04:20 PM
did some searchng and found to potential matches

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/792dfca.html california striking resemblance

and this one http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/2080dffl.html florida let me know what u think

Paradise
08-29-2006, 02:30 AM
I like 2090DFFL better then the first one. I think their noses are similar. The first one is also way out of the age range of 13-19.

rhyno1974
10-03-2006, 08:51 PM
This is from CNN.com today.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/LAW/10/03/coldcase.pollen.ap/index.html

2sisters
10-03-2006, 10:58 PM
this case alawys has stuck out in my mind. she was clean and well groomed. Not fitting of a runaway. unless she ran away and became a higher class prostitute.I always felt like she had a family somewhere who is missing her. maybe she ran away and they never reported it. times were different then and runaways were treated different. It is possible that she had ran away days prior to her death and living on the streets hadn't taken a toll onher yet. This case just bothers me.

annemc2
10-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Awesome - thanks Rhyno1974. It's great to see Cali getting some national exposure again. And what a fascinating story about the pollen!

eta: this story showed up online in our local paper today - way out on the West Coast! Must be in a lot of other papers nationwide, too. This is great!

GraceBlue
10-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Wow it indeed is a fansicating story about the pollen! Hopefully it will help solve her case and bring her back to her family.

Marie
10-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Here's a longer article (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061004/ap_on_re_us/cold_case_pollen;_ylt=Ao3fWj3lpeEGiBrT5jUfj91vzwcF ;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-) about the pollen, her clothing, the murder weapon, Otis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas, and the possiblity they picked her up near Philadelphia.

I'm glad this article is getting around!

outofthedark
10-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Here's a longer article (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061004/ap_on_re_us/cold_case_pollen;_ylt=Ao3fWj3lpeEGiBrT5jUfj91vzwcF ;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-) about the pollen, her clothing, the murder weapon, Otis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas, and the possiblity they picked her up near Philadelphia.

I'm glad this article is getting around!
Thanks for that!! ;) :clap:

gardenmom
10-08-2006, 10:52 PM
It's been awhile since I have visited this case. Some things come to mind. The first is that she was found in very masculine clothing. I wonder if it fit her well. In other words, was she redressed in her killer's clothing, or did she just like the style. Or maybe she was raised in a father only home, where there was no female influence. Next is her hair. I wonder if they could tell if it was professionally done, ie all the high lights were in the right places. It was said that she had not been sexually assaulted, but could they tell if she had been sexually active. I wonder because it may give a clue to whether she had prostituted herself. If she was a runaway she had to have gotten money from somewhere to support herself. I wonder if she was clean when she was found, recently bathed, clothing clean? If she was clean, where had she been staying? Girls usually carry purses, but none was found. I suppose she could have used her pockets which were found empty. I really hope they find out who she is, this has bothered me since first reading it. She resembles a childhood friend, who I know was alive at the time Cali was found.

2sisters
10-09-2006, 08:41 AM
I'd bet if you identify her then you find the killer which can explain why no purse or ID was found. As far as the hair, were at home highlight kits available in the 70's ?

Richard
10-09-2006, 09:21 AM
There is not a lot of information available about the following case, but I find some similarities in this case and that of Caledonia Jane Doe. Note that both are of similar description. Both were shot in the back of the head, and both were dumped in rural areas near major roads. The cases are separated by only seven months.

-------------------------------------
Vital Statistics

Case History

Investigators
The New Jersey State Police
800-709-7090
E-Mail: mailto:missingp@gw.njsp.org (missingp@gw.njsp.org)
Or
Major Crime Unit
609-882-2000

Source Information:
The New Jersey State Police
The Doe Network: Case File 152UFNJ

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/152ufnj.html

Marie
10-09-2006, 09:34 AM
There is not a lot of information available about the following case, but I find some similarities in this case and that of Caledonia Jane Doe. Note that both are of similar description. Both were shot in the back of the head, and both were dumped in rural areas near major roads. The cases are separated by only seven months.

-------------------------------------
I wonder if they were able to recover a bullet and test it against Caledonia JD? Or if they even know what type of gun was used in the Middlesex JD murder?

From the newspaper article I linked:
A slug from the murder weapon — a .38-caliber handgun — was tested against hundreds of others fired from guns seized by police as far away as Europe and Mexico, but to no avail.

Richard
10-12-2006, 10:43 AM
I wonder if they were able to recover a bullet and test it against Caledonia JD? Or if they even know what type of gun was used in the Middlesex JD murder?

From the newspaper article I linked:
A slug from the murder weapon — a .38-caliber handgun — was tested against hundreds of others fired from guns seized by police as far away as Europe and Mexico, but to no avail.The murder weapon in the Caledonia Jane Doe case was a .38 caliber - probably a revolver. "Cali" was shot in the back first, then in the temple.

I do not know what caliber weapon was used to shoot the Middlesex Jane Doe, but she was shot in the back of the head. The coroner could have determined the caliber of slug based on the entrance wound in the skull, or he may have actually recovered a slug.

I once did a sort on types of handguns used on Unidentified Victims listed in the Doenetwork. The majority of victims were shot with "small caliber" weapons like .22, .25, 9mm, or .32 pistols. Relatively few were shot with "large caliber" pistols, such as a .38, .357Magnum, .44 or .45.

A big question in my mind would be whether or not a slug was recovered with the Middlesex Jane Doe, and if so, was it compared with the slug found in "Cali"?

Eisbar
10-12-2006, 11:05 AM
What do you think about this one? Alma Violet Root (http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=761400&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US). Just looked as if it could be similar nose and jaw bones

Dr. Doogie
10-12-2006, 11:48 AM
What do you think about this one? Alma Violet Root (http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=761400&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US). Just looked as if it could be similar nose and jaw bones
Alma disappeared January 1, 1980 - after this JD was found.

Paradise
10-12-2006, 02:18 PM
I have a feeling Alma didn't go missing on 1/1/80...she was reported missing by her boyfriend with whom she was living with (this girl was 14 and not living with her family??!). I'd really love to know the date that her family last had contact with her (not her boyfriend). I think the boyfriend is trying to cover something up.

ihadcabinfever
10-15-2006, 12:23 AM
I don't think her hair in the picture looks right. It should be with her bangs down blown to one side or the other "feathered look" . I can't remember anyone wearing their hair up like that on the top of her head. That was't in style. Look up the movie "Little Darlings" it came out in 1980 but the hairstyle is still the same.

It looks like she has 2 cowlicks also. I didn't read that in her description , maybe I missed it.

Her jewelry doesn't seem uncommon to me either. Thats what people wore back then, Indian Jewelry and feather clips and earrings. They sold all that stuff at a store called "The Meyer House" in New Foundland , N.J. , you could also get it on the Boardwalk.

Her pants ,the tan cords were in style at that time. They were probably Levi's or Lee.
I was 14 in 1979 and I wore cords and matching colored plaid shirt of some sort. Indian Jewelry wasn't uncommon , it was in style because it was considered "cool". So was her shoes. They called them Earth shoes or Moon shoes.
So, if they fix her hair it my help someone recognize her.
Here's a link to see the hairstyles

http://www.anzwers.org/free/lisafashion/70sfashion2.html

here's another link about the jewerly

http://generationjones.com/files/zone/seventy/sevend.htm

Richard
10-18-2006, 02:23 PM
I passed your suggestion on to the detective in charge of Cali's case. He got a fax of Alma's dental records to compare with Cali's teeth. Not a match, unfortunately.

Mark Franzeo
10-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Did anyone notice that Monica's file was removed from doenetwork and the mexican website? It just seems like odd timeing concidering the new pollen evidence and the fact that her file was brought to the attention of the people still wroking Cali's case. I hope that this is a good lead into Cali's idenity or that the lead about Monica at the very least turned up her wearabouts if she isn;t indeed Cali.

Dr. Doogie
10-30-2006, 01:53 PM
We just recieved word that Anna Christian Waters has been officially ruled out as a match. I didn't think that she was a good possibility, but a distant relative of Anna's who lives near where this JD was found thought that she may be a match and forwarded the relevant info. After discovering inconsistencies between Anna and the JD, LE has ruled her out.

ME Investigator
11-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Did anyone notice that Monica's file was removed from doenetwork and the mexican website? It just seems like odd timeing concidering the new pollen evidence and the fact that her file was brought to the attention of the people still wroking Cali's case. I hope that this is a good lead into Cali's idenity or that the lead about Monica at the very least turned up her wearabouts if she isn;t indeed Cali.
Just to let you all know Sgt Smith and I are still following up on information developed from isotope testing and the pollen. We await results from another test which has the potential to narrow her geographical origin a little. It may even show she did not grow up in the US or Mexico. Jane Doe's mitochrondrial DNA has also been submitted to the new missing persons DNA database in Texas which will allow a match from any maternal relative should any be found.

2sisters
11-28-2006, 01:55 PM
This is going to sound stupid i know. Cali has highlights in her hair. monica's hair looks very dark. Monica's hair wouldn't "lift" to such a blond color like Cali had. usually you would get a yellow/orange tone or it won't go past a light brown. that of course shouldn't rule her out.

Richard
11-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Franzeo

This is going to sound stupid i know. Cali has highlights in her hair. monica's hair looks very dark. Monica's hair wouldn't "lift" to such a blond color like Cali had. usually you would get a yellow/orange tone or it won't go past a light brown. that of course shouldn't rule her out.
All of the information which was origionally available on the Mexican website was copied into my earlier post about Monica. At that time, there was an operable website with her information in Spanish, but neither I nor the New York investigator, Sgt Smith, were able to make contact with the Mexican contacts listed. Attempts were made through our FBI to contact the Mexican law enforcement authorities. I do not know the status of those attempts at this time. I have not heard that Monica's case has ever been resolved. I think that the disappearance from the website was more likely due to other reasons.

There is very little information available on Monica's disappearance. She seems to fit the general description of Cali, and the dates are close. The Southwest style jewelry, tan lines, and the pollen test information all seem to point from New York back to the Southwest US or Mexico. The limited dental work on Cali might also point to her coming from a poor area, such as Mexico. Ruling Monica out as a potential match can't be done - at least not at this point. It would be nice to have more information about Monica.

ihadcabinfever
11-28-2006, 04:39 PM
The limited dental work on Cali might also point to her coming from a poor area, such as Mexico.

Or that she came from an area that was rural and only had well water. If you drink well water you need flouride vitamins.
Like Poly Vi flor vitamins. Some people didnt always use them .

Trocaria
12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1787dfwa.html

I had not been checking on this case in ever so long and am thrilled to see the latest movement.

Going through the doe site on Sat. I found this:

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1787dfwa.html

Cherie Wyant, disappeared from WA in 1978. At 14-15, she is right in the age range for Calie. Has dark hair, dark eyes. If one were to photoshop off the heavy eye liner and add some streaks to the hair, I wonder then if she would look younger like the image we know of Calie? Her jaw, forehead and orbital area look close in comparison.

Could she have come down from WA thru CA and then on east?

ETA:

One thing to keep in mind, when looking at the nose on the "photo" image of Calie, remember that this was built off of the Post-mort photo of "Jane" in a reclining position. This really tilts that nose way up. This is why in 2002, Wesley Neville did the art work that appears along side of the photo to demostrate what the nose would look like in an upright position. Posters from the old Yahoo Doenetwork discussion group might remember this discussion.

Trocaria
12-03-2006, 10:21 PM
The limited dental work on Cali might also point to her coming from a poor area, such as Mexico.

Or that she came from an area that was rural and only had well water. If you drink well water you need flouride vitamins.
Like Poly Vi flor vitamins. Some people didnt always use them .
Or, like me, she could have been a dental chicken. God help me if I ever turn up missing and my skull shows up decades later. To look at my teeth, you would guess that I was some bag lady from the cracked tooth in the upper plate to the poorly patched cannie tooth and not to mention the cavities...yet nothing could be further from the truth. I just hate the dentist with every fiber of my being.;)

BAD_BUTTERFLY
12-04-2006, 11:26 AM
I can't remember the dates off hand, but i was wondering if this could have possibly been Audrey Nurenberg. If this doe was really killed in the late sixties seventies the glittery clothing would have been a normal i think.

Richard
12-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I can't remember the dates off hand, but i was wondering if this could have possibly been Audrey Nurenberg. If this doe was really killed in the late sixties seventies the glittery clothing would have been a normal i think.
Audrey's last name is spelled Nerenberg. Here is a link to her thread on Websleuths. I have bumped it up as well.

Linking Cali to Audrey, might be a possibility, but there is a little over two years between Audrey's disappearance and Cali's murder.

LINK:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1248243#post1248243

2sisters
12-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Or, like me, she could have been a dental chicken. God help me if I ever turn up missing and my skull shows up decades later. To look at my teeth, you would guess that I was some bag lady from the cracked tooth in the upper plate to the poorly patched cannie tooth and not to mention the cavities...yet nothing could be further from the truth. I just hate the dentist with every fiber of my being.;)I was under the impression that she had dental work done at one time but not in the years prior to her death. When I was a kid, I had braces wosdom teeth removed and the whole shebang but as an adult i have been to the dentist 3 times, My last trip was in may and I had no cavities, never have had one!

MacPlus512
12-16-2006, 12:56 AM
I've seen this case around since I first got into true crime in 2001 and here are a few thoughts:

1. Hair: don't forget bleaching and then highlighting. I've seen brunettes go very blonde, even just streaks.

2. Water Source: I work for a pediatrician's office as a receptionist and there are still a lot of well water folks in the area I'm in, which is suburban. In 1979, I'm not sure how much attention would have been paid to this, but I know our docs recommend flouride treatment to these kids. I've lived in suburbia for 11 years now and everywhere I've seen has running water, and the same was true during my first 9 years of life in an urban setting. Not sure if socioeconomic status is a big factor here or not if she was from the city (I don't think a whole lot changed between 1979 and 1986) or if it could be the area she was from--perhaps their water system just wasn't good.

3. Dental work: sometimes the effects of braces are hard to spot. If you don't wear your retainers after you get them off, the teeth move back. I've heard a lot of horror stories about that. Cleaning teeth does get the teeth clean, but if you brush well enough maintaining them shouldn't be an issue. I know people who go 3 years between cleanings and I'd never suspect them of having "unclean" teeth because they brush religiously. (To the above poster--you sure are lucky, no cavities! I thought I was good, only one and I'm 20--although I got a clear composite filling so nobody knows I've ever had work done on that molar..turns out I got a cavity because I wore the enamel off from brushing too forcefully)

4. The photo: I too have noticed the nose. I didn't realize that it was a result of the post-mortem photo until I saw the post-mortem a few months ago. The photo we normally see on Doe, etc. reminds me way too much of that photo. Are there other renderings/sketches/non-post-mortem photos available that I'm not familiar with?

5. I've heard about the restaraunt and food involved here. Was there any further investigation into the owner of the place where she got the food? I'm assuming she paid by cash there (especially given that it was 1979 and not as many people used their Visa and MasterCard to pay for food) so it may be tough to track movement of people (I recall the credit card being used in the case of Mary Shotwell Little after her disappearance) but perhaps there was a waiter or someone that could see her emotions of the time? Or if she was with someone?

6. As far as her origin, I wouldn't rule out the Carolinas/Georgia.

ihadcabinfever
12-17-2006, 03:40 PM
2. Water Source: I work for a pediatrician's office as a receptionist and there are still a lot of well water folks in the area I'm in, which is suburban. In 1979, I'm not sure how much attention would have been paid to this, but I know our docs recommend flouride treatment to these kids. I've lived in suburbia for 11 years now and everywhere I've seen has running water, and the same was true during my first 9 years of life in an urban setting. Not sure if socioeconomic status is a big factor here or not if she was from the city (I don't think a whole lot changed between 1979 and 1986) or if it could be the area she was from--perhaps their water system just wasn't good.

I am 43 and we always had those flouride vitamins (brown liquid) because we had well water. Our Pediatrician that we went to was in Bergen County NJ and he always prescribed them . There were only 2 DR's in the area we moved to when Dad completed the house and Dr. knew we had well water. I still to this day do not have a cavity in my bottom teeth. Amazing.

Trocaria
12-28-2006, 06:41 PM
4. The photo: I too have noticed the nose. I didn't realize that it was a result of the post-mortem photo until I saw the post-mortem a few months ago. The photo we normally see on Doe, etc. reminds me way too much of that photo. Are there other renderings/sketches/non-post-mortem photos available that I'm not familiar with?

If you go to the website, www.doenetwork.org (http://www.doenetwork.org) and look up the case, you will see where Wes did a front and profile drawing of the girl with her nose in the correct position as if sitting up.

Mr. E
12-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Kathleen Shea (http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/72dfpa.html) resembles this Jane Doe, but I couldn't even begin to explain how she disappeared at age 6 from Pennsylvania and ended up a murdered teenager in New York. Still, there is a resemblence, just to throw that out there if it hasn't already been mentioned.

iconoclast
12-29-2006, 12:37 AM
From their physical resemblance I've often thought Cali could be Shea, but there are discrepancies. Cali's bad teeth with evidence of overseas dental work, her probable California origin, and her general well-kept appearance (unusual for a kidnap victim) all go against that theory.

ihadcabinfever
02-28-2007, 01:16 PM
http://lacountymurders.com/wanted/LADIES1.html

Could Cali be number 63?

look in the closet of number 57 and you can see some sort of racing jacket windbreakers

smile22
02-28-2007, 04:08 PM
i saw a very very erie resemblance to cali and the pictures they have listed hmm its worth contacting them with the info on cali

ihadcabinfever
02-28-2007, 04:17 PM
I sent them a list but I didn't include Cali. She looks so much like Cali down to the hair, the tan the forehead . Incredible.

ihadcabinfever
02-28-2007, 04:19 PM
You know ,the sad part is that if it is her the question remains ,Who is she?

hewinkedatme!
02-28-2007, 04:26 PM

Could Cali be number 63?

Yes there is definitely a scary resemblance. Is there an enlarged version of the photo out there? If it is her it might jog someone's memory.

hewinkedatme!
02-28-2007, 04:37 PM
And it also says that Bradford picked up some of his victims at race events. Okay, now I'm getting REAL suspicious, yet I haven't seen him named as a suspect anywhere. If he hasn't yet been questioned in Cali's death, he should be.

iconoclast
02-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Even with the picture being so small, there is a resemblance. I tried blowing the picture up in Paint Shop Pro and of course it began to blur. But the curly hair, the forehead, even the smile looks like Cali. She appears to be wearing a peasant-style top, which were very popular in Southern California in the mid-1970s. I think it's worth looking into...but did anyone ever place Bradford in upstate NY?

Ms Suzanne
02-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi
I was just looking at articles on Rosario Gonzales missing in 1984 in Florida at a racing event.she was a possible serial killer Christopher Bernard Wilder victim.He killed his victims and they posed for him the same as they did for Bradford.The sketch of the suspect last seen with Rosario did not match Wilders discription.I think the sketch looks more like Bradford.Some of Brafords victims may be christopher Bernard Wilders victims.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/suzannec4444/gonzales4.jpg

suzanne

hewinkedatme!
02-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Even with the picture being so small, there is a resemblance. I tried blowing the picture up in Paint Shop Pro and of course it began to blur. But the curly hair, the forehead, even the smile looks like Cali. She appears to be wearing a peasant-style top, which were very popular in Southern California in the mid-1970s. I think it's worth looking into...but did anyone ever place Bradford in upstate NY?
I haven't found any evidence of him being in New York yet, and he came across most of his victims in So. Cal, but when I have more time this weekend I'll snoop around and see if I can't find this out, unless someone else knows or finds out in the meantime.

ihadcabinfever
03-01-2007, 07:03 AM
On one of the many threads here I remember someone posting there was a race at Watkins Glen shortly before she was found. Within days.

If you have IE 7 you can enlarge the picture in the lower right hand corner. you can do it up to 400% or do it custom . I did it to 600% and it didn't blur the picture.

Richard
03-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I wonder if Bradford had some sort of Navy connection? In the collection of his photos, one girl is standing next to a gray airplane in a museum, and is also photographed in a jeep and in the cockpit of a jet plane.

Another girl is leaning up against a Blue Angels (Navy Precision Flight Team) airplane. Knowing the type of plane (or bureau number) would help date the photo, as they changed planes over the years.

And then there is a sailor dressed in pre 1975 "crackerjack" dress blues with an early 1970's style haircut.

ihadcabinfever
03-05-2007, 10:51 AM
I think this guy could have been anywhere. Look at #42 ,the RV in the backround.
#42 and #27 are wearing the same outfit.
# 42 looks very similar to
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=972250&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

They have the same eyebrow shape same nose shape, same mouth.

All I can say is the more you look at the girls on here the more things seem to jump out. Her hair looks shorter but they could be somewhere humid. Also I think the tire is flat.#42 ????

smile22
03-05-2007, 12:10 PM
i wonder if any of those people in the picture somehow escaped and never opend up to anyone about it in fear or i wonder if any friends of those girls knew about her going to get pictures done. i think it was people magazine or something that posted up a story on those pictures or ones like it and they were trying to determine who those girls were?

teonspaleprincess
03-05-2007, 01:09 PM
These pictures are listed on Doe Network also,with better views.

ihadcabinfever
03-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Not all the girls on the L A County is listed on Doe Network. The one I thought looked similar to Cali is on there. I just noticed her in the poster.

azure
03-05-2007, 07:59 PM
ihadcabinfever, on Doe Network it mentions that one of the photographs is thought to be "a 15-year-old girl who has been missing for years". I wonder if they're referring to Ranee Gregor.

Kelly

ihadcabinfever
03-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I initially thought they were talking about Cali. I thought that because they had started talking about pollen in her pockets that could only have come from New Mexico or California somewhere southwest.
If that is her in the picture I hope they know who she is. The picture is on the poster but not on Doe network. Could that mean they need family consent or they just don't know who she is?

ihadcabinfever
03-05-2007, 09:25 PM
i wonder if any of those people in the picture somehow escaped and never opend up to anyone about it in fear or i wonder if any friends of those girls knew about her going to get pictures done. i think it was people magazine or something that posted up a story on those pictures or ones like it and they were trying to determine who those girls were?

MSNBC ran this story and not everyone in the pictures died. The one girl saw herself on the poster. She is the actress on CSI. She was shocked.
I just don't think they were all that lucky.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17086982/

Fatal exposure
These models didn't show up in magazines... but in an old police case file

Masterj
03-06-2007, 11:21 AM
MSNBC ran this story and not everyone in the pictures died. The one girl saw herself on the poster. She is the actress on CSI. She was shocked.
I just don't think they were all that lucky.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17086982/

Fatal exposure
These models didn't show up in magazines... but in an old police case file
Slight correction - the actress on CSI recognized her sister in one of the pics, not herself. Also, there were a couple of other women who recognized themselves and came forward.

ihadcabinfever
03-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks for clarifying that Masterj

The Watkins Glen race was
Oct 5-7 1979

a month before not a few days.

I found a link to ebay. someone is selling the actual newspaper memorabilia.

says

Fresh from a local estate near Watkins Glen, New York , I am auctioning off a nice lot of 11 pieces of wonderful sports memorabilia of the Toyota Grand Prix Race of the U.S. at Watkins Glen, NY Oct. 5-7, 1979, Formula One. The advertising planner has lots of good paper inside. To start with there is a nice small poster size ad for the Toyota Rally, in color and it states what you get for your money, such as rally shirts, hats, etc.

Another advertising piece stating there will be a special tabloid section published on Fri. Oct. 5, 1979, and also in their towns Star-Gasette newspaper. The tabloid is also included in this lot, a 10 page newspaper covering info on the race exclusively. Lots of photos, ads, articles on the drivers and the race, etc. A very nice vintage paper.

Another page has photos and info on the "Pace Car" the Celica Supra, this is a Toyota Television Commercial that broadcasts. There is still more....there is a letter to the Toyota Dealer...telling them how great the event is and how it will feature the Toyota Supra and TV coverage of the Toyota Grand Prix Race.

smile22
03-07-2007, 06:46 AM
how much is he asking for it? it could hold some clues did anyone try to contact him about it

ihadcabinfever
03-07-2007, 08:20 AM
It's a bid. if you want to buy it ,its 24.99.

This guy lived in Michigan at one time , It's not too far fetched to think he was wandering the eastcoast too. I don't like his comment about " you have no idea how many people Iv'e killed.
Really, I think we do. Huh hmmm. I think he was in Long Island. New Jersey,Maryland ,

The one girl in the poster has my blood boiling.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/872dfny.html

If that is the same girl I hope he .....never mind.

P.S. I didn't list ebay link because I didn't think I could on websleuths board.
Google "watkins glen 1979" You'll see it .

ihadcabinfever
03-07-2007, 08:25 AM
The whole thing is horrible. Most of these girls are terrified.Some are crying.You can see the fear in their eyes. The update on this guy is that he could go free in some technicality on an appeal? Oh No Way.

Maybe newspaper archives can show his advertisments for modeling , There has to be a trail.

ihadcabinfever
03-07-2007, 08:39 AM
http://www.racingarchives.org/

Racing list Archives.

here is a short list
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1975 Oct 5 WG Mezz Box 3
Canon Camera National Lime Rock CN 1975 Sep 1 98A13 Box 1
Delaware 500 Dover DE 1975 Sep 14 Mezz Box 8
Long Beach Grand Prix Long Beach CA 1975 Sep 28 Mezz Box 13
Camel GT Pocono Pocono PA 1976 Aug 14 Mezz Box 8
Monterey Historic Races Laguna Seca CA 1976 Aug 28 Collier Room case
Six Hours Camel GT Formula Atlantic Mid-Ohio OH 1976 Aug 28 Mezz Box 16 01A16
Kendall Cup Nationals Lime Rock CN 1976 Jul 5 98A13 Box 1
6 Hours and Formula 5000 Watkins Glen NY 1976 Jul 9 WG Mezz Box 3
Schaefer 500 Pocono PA 1976 Jun 27 Mezz Box 1
Camel GT 200 Mid-Ohio OH 1976 Jun 5 Mezz Box 16 01A16
United States Grand Prix West Long Beach CA 1976 Mar 26 Mezz Box 16 01A15
Camel GT Challenge Lime Rock CN 1976 May 31 Mezz Box 1
Jaycee GP Pocono PA 1976 May 7 Mezz Box 1
Oswego Eagle Oswego NY 1976 n.d. 98A13 Box 1
Oswego Eagle Oswego NY 1976 n.d. 98A13 Box 1
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1976 Oct 10 WG Mezz Box 3
Long Beach Grand Prix Long Beach CA 1977 Apr 1 Mezz Box 15 01A15
Twin Grand Prix Pocono PA 1977 Aug 20 Mezz Box 10
Monterey Historic Races Laguna Seca CA 1977 Aug 27 Collier Room case
Twin 3 Hours Mid-Ohio OH 1977 Aug 27 Mezz Box 16 01A16
Valvoline Can-Am Mid-Ohio OH 1977 Aug 6 Mezz Box 17 01A16
Can-Am Challenge/Super Vee Scirocco Mid-Ohio OH 1977 Jul 22 Mezz Box 16 01A16
Kendall Cup Lime Rock CN 1977 Jul 4 Mezz Box 1
6 Hours Trans-Am Can-Am Watkins Glen NY 1977 Jul 7 WG Mezz Box 8 01A16
Trans-Am Nelson Ledges OH 1977 Jun 25 Mezz Box 17 01A16
Mid-Ohio 200s Mid-Ohio OH 1977 Jun 4 Mezz Box 17 01A16
Camel GT Lime Rock CN 1977 May 30 Mezz Box 1
Renault Le Car Grand Finale Lime Rock CN 1977 Oct 15 98A13 Box 1
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1977 Oct 2 WG Mezz Box 3
Double Trans-Am Elkhart Lake WI 1977 Sep 1 Mezz Box 17 01A16
Labatts Championship Atlantic Long Beach CA 1978 Apr 1 Mezz Box 16 01A15
Long Beach Grand Prix Long Beach CA 1978 Apr 2 Mezz Box 15 01A15
Camel GT Challenge Mid-Ohio OH 1978 Aug 26 Mezz Box 17 01A16
Monterey Historic Races Laguna Seca CA 1978 Aug 26 Collier Room case
24 Hours of Daytona Daytona Beach FL 1978 Feb 3 Mezz Box 17 01A16
24 Hours of Daytona Daytona Beach FL 1978 Feb 4 Mezz Box 17 01A16
Gould Twin Dixie - Atlanta Int'l Atlanta GA 1978 Jul 23 99A104 Box 2 f5
6 Hours, Trans-Am, Can-Am Watkins Glen NY 1978 Jul 7 WG Mezz Box 3
Valvoline Can-Am Mid-Ohio OH 1978 Jun 10 Mezz Box 17 01A16
Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis IN 1978 May 28 00A30 Box 2
Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis IN 1978 May 28 Mezz Box 9
Flemington Fair Speedway Flemington NJ 1978 n.d. Mezz Box 1
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1978 Oct 1 WG Mezz Box 3
Molson Grand Prix Trois Rivieres QU CAN 1978 Sep 1 Mezz Box 5
Long Beach Grand Prix Long Beach CA 1979 Apr 8 Mezz Box 15 01A15
Lumbermens Sports Car Championship Mid-Ohio OH 1979 Aug 25 Mezz Box 17 01A16
Kent Oil 150 Watkins Glen NY 1979 Aug 3 WG Mezz Box 3
Mid-Ohio GT 250 Mid-Ohio OH 1979 Jul 14 Mezz Box 17 01A16
6 Hours, Trans-Am, Can-Am Watkins Glen NY 1979 Jul 6 WG Mezz Box 3
Auto Expo Los Angeles CA 1979 nd Mezz Box 16 01A15
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1979 Oct 7 WG Mezz Box 3
Long Island Sprints Bridgehampton NY 1979 Sep 15 Mezz Box 1
Budweiser Trophy Race Snetterton UK 1979 Sep 23 Mezz Box 8
LA Times Toyota Grand Prix of Endurance Riverside CA 1980 Apr 24 Mezz Box 15 01A15
Lumbermens Sports Car Championship Mid-Ohio OH 1980 Aug 23 Mezz Box 17 01A16
California 500 Ontario CA 1980 Aug 31 Mezz Box 16 01A15
6 Hours, Trans-Am, Can-Am Watkins Glen NY 1980 Jul 5 WG Mezz Box 3
True Value 500 Pocono PA 1980 Jun 17 Mezz Box 8
Long Beach Grand Prix Long Beach CA 1980 Mar 30 Mezz Box 15 01A15
Coca Cola 400 Lime Rock CN 1980 May 24 Mezz Box 1
Monterey Grand Prix Laguna Seca CA 1980 Oct 18 Mezz Box 16 01A15
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1980 Oct 5 WG Mezz Box 3
Long Island Sprints Bridgehampton NY 1980 Sep 13 Mezz Box 1
Mamiya Formela Atlantic/SCCA Nat Bridgehampton NY 1980 Sep 13 98A13 Box 1
Times Toyota Grand Prix Riverside CA 1981 Apr 26 Mezz Box 16 01A15
Molson 1000 Toronto ON CAN 1981 Aug 4 00A1 Box 37
6 Hours of the Glen Watkins Glen NY 1981 Jul 11 WG Mezz Box 7
Coca Cola 400 Lime Rock CN 1981 May 25 Mezz Box 1
Red Roof Inns GT200 Mid-Ohio OH 1981 May 30 Mezz Box 17 01A16
25th Anniversary Party Lime Rock CN 1981 Oct 10 Mezz Box 1
Glen 200 Watkins Glen NY 1981 Oct 2 WG Mezz Box 3
International Classic Oswego NY 1981 Sep 4 98A13 Box 1
LA Times Toyota Grand Prix of Endurance Riverside CA 1982 Apr 25 Mezz Box 15 01A15
Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Long Beach CA 1982 Apr 25 Mezz Box 15 01A15
24 Hours of Daytona Daytona Beach FL 1982 Jan 30 Mezz Box 8
Sports Car Grand Prix Pocono PA 1982 Jul 30 Mezz Box 10
Canadian Grand Prix Montreal QU CAN 1982 Jun 11 Mezz Box 8
Kraco 150 Phoenix AZ 1982 Mar 28 Mezz Box 2
Coca Cola 400 Lime Rock CN 1982 May 31 Mezz Box 1
Vanderbilt Speed Weeks Bridgehampton NY 1982 Sep 10 Mezz Box 1
Camel GT 500 Pocono PA 1982 Sep 26 Mezz Box 1
Lumbermans 6 Hour Camel GT Mid-Ohio OH 1982 Sep 3 Mezz Box 17 01A16
Lumbermens 6-Hour Came GT Mid-Ohio OH 1982 Sep 3 Mezz Box 12 00A39
Canon Camera Nationals Lime Rock CN 1982 Sep 6 Mezz Box 1
Times Datsun Grand Prix of Endurance Riverside CA 1983 Apr 24 Mezz Box 15 01A15
Pocono Sports Car Grand Prix Pocono PA 1983 Jul 30 Mezz Box 8
Canadian Grand Prix Montreal QU CAN 1983 Jun 10 Mezz Box 8
Coca Cola 500 Lime Rock CN 1983 May 28 Mezz Box 1
Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis IN 1983 May 29 00A30 Box 2
Champion Road Racing Classic Atlanta GA 1983 Oct 16 Mezz Box 12 00A39
Camel GTÊ 500 Pepsi Pocono PA 1983 Sep 25 Mezz Box 8
Camel GT 500 Pocono PA 1983 Sep 9 Mezz Box 8

ihadcabinfever
03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Glen 500 Watkins Glen NY 1966 Aug 19 WG Mezz Box 1
Action Track Terre Haute IN 1966 Aug 7 99A104 Box 3 f23
June Sprints Road America Elkhart Lake WI 1966 Jun 18 Mezz Box 4
Sports Car GPÊÊ Watkins Glen NY 1966 Jun 24 WG Mezz Box 1
Player's 200 Mosport ON CAN 1966 Jun 4 Mezz Box 8
Holland Raceway Holland NY 1966 n.d. Mezz Box 9
Perry Raceway (4) Perry NY 1966 n.d. Mezz Box 8
American Road Race of Champions Riverside CA 1966 Nov 26 Mezz Box 7
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1966 Oct 2 WG Mezz Box 1
Hoosier Hundred Indianapolis IN 1966 Sep 10 Mezz Box 13
Mid-America Regional National Races Mid-America MO 1966 Sep 17 Mezz Box 6
Road America 500 Elkhart Lake WI 1966 Sep 3 Mezz Box 4
Glen 500 Watkins Glen NY 1967 Aug 18 WG Mezz Box 1
Young America Grand Prix Milwaukee WI 1967 Aug 26 99A7 (Ms Box 1)
Badger 200 Elkhart Lake WI 1967 Jul 29 Mezz Box 4
June Sprints Road America Elkhart Lake WI 1967 Jun 17 Mezz Box 4
Sports Car GP Watkins Glen NY 1967 Jun 23 WG Mezz Box 1
Rex Mays Classic 150 Mile Milwaukee WI 1967 Jun 4 Mezz Box 6
Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis IN 1967 May 31 99A57 Box 2 f25
Action Track Terre Haute IN 1967 n.d. 99A104 Box 3 f24
Action Track Terre Haute IN 1967 n.d. 99A104 Box 3 f25
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1967 Oct 1 WG Mezz Box 1
Mexican Grand Prix Mexico 1967 Oct 22 Mezz Box 5
Continental 250 Trans-Am Championship Denver CO 1968 Aug 23 Mezz Box 13
Young America Grand Prix Milwaukee WI 1968 Aug 24 99A7 (Ms Box 1)
Can-Am Road America Elkhart Lake WI 1968 Aug 30 Mezz Box 4
Glen 500 Watkins Glen NY 1968 Aug 9 WG Mezz Box 2
6 Hour Sports Car Road Race Watkins Glen NY 1968 Jul 12 WG Mezz Box 2
Daytona Firecracker 400 Daytona Beach FL 1968 Jul 4 Mezz Box 3
June Sprints Road America Elkhart Lake WI 1968 Jun 15 Mezz Box 4
California 200 Hanford CA 1968 Mar 17 99A104 Box 1 f11
12 Hours of Sebring Sebring FL 1968 Mar 23 Mezz Box 3
Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis IN 1968 May 30 Mezz Box 9
American Road Race of Champions Riverside CA 1968 Nov 22 00A30 Box 2
250 Mile Championship Michigan 1968 Oct 13 Mezz Box 13
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1968 Oct 2 WG Mezz Box 2
Meadowdale Road Race Meadowdale IL 1968 Sep 8 99A7 (Ms Box 1)
Paul Whiteman Trophy Race (photocopy) Daytona Beach FL 1969 Aug 1 Mezz Box 14
Buckeye Can-Am Mid-Ohio OH 1969 Aug 16 Mezz Box 10
National Trans-Am Championships Watkins Glen NY 1969 Aug 16 WG Mezz Box 2
Bettenhausen 200 Mile Championship race Milwaukee WI 1969 Aug 17 Mezz Box 14
Can-Am Championship Elkhart Lake WI 1969 Aug 29 Mezz Box 10
Can-Am Road America Elkhart Lake WI 1969 Aug 29 Mezz Box 4
Glen Nationals and Trans Am Watkins Glen NY 1969 Aug 8 WG Mezz Box 2
6 Hours and Can-Am Watkins Glen NY 1969 Jul 12 WG Mezz Box 2
Badger 200/Road America 500 Elkhart Lake WI 1969 Jul 19 Mezz Box 4
Trans American - Donnybrooke Brainerd MN 1969 Jul 5 97A8 Box 2
Can-AmÊ Mont Tremblant St. Jovite QU CAN 1969 Jun 14 Mezz Box 5
June Sprints Road America Elkhart Lake WI 1969 Jun 14 Mezz Box 4
Great Lakes Challenge Series - Blackhawk Farms South Beloit IL 1969 Jun 21 99A7 (Ms Box 1)
SCCA Trans American Championship Mid-Ohio OH 1969 Jun 7 Mezz Box 10
Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis IN 1969 May 30 00A30 Box 2
Skyline Raceway Blodgett Mills NY 1969 n.d. Mezz Box 6
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1969 Oct 1 WG Mezz Box 2
Can-Am Challenge Cup Mid-Ohio OH 1970 Aug 22 Mezz Box 10
Can-Am Challenge Cup Mid-Ohio OH 1970 Aug 22 Mezz Box 6
Can-Am Championship Elkhart Lake WI 1970 Aug 28 Mezz Box 13
6 Hours and Can-Am Watkins Glen NY 1970 Jul 11 WG Mezz Box 2
Trans American Championship Elkhart Lake WI 1970 Jul 17 Mezz Box 4
Soap Box Derby Rochester NY 1970 Jul 18 Mezz Box 10
Can-Am Labatt's Blue Mosport ON CAN 1970 Jun 13 Mezz Box 10
Falstaff 400 Riverside CA 1970 Jun 13 Mezz Box 16 01A15
June Sprints Road America Elkhart Lake WI 1970 Jun 20 Mezz Box 4
Wisconsin Grand Prix Milwaukee WI 1970 Jun 27 Mezz Box 6
SCCA Trans American Championship Mid-Ohio OH 1970 Jun 6 Mezz Box 10
Pole Day Sprints Indianapolis IN 1970 May 99A104 Box 1 f23
Pole Day Sprints Indianapolis IN 1970 May 99A104 Box 3 f26
Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis IN 1970 May 30 Mezz Box 9
Schaefer Trans-Am Lime Rock CN 1970 May 9 Mezz Box 10
American Road Race of Champions Atlanta GA 1970 Nov 25 Mezz Box 16 01A15
Mission Bell 200 Riverside CA 1970 Oct 3 Mezz Box 16 01A15
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1970 Oct 4 WG Mezz Box 2
California 500 Ontario CA 1970 Sep 6 99A104 Box 5 f1
California 500 Ontario CA 1970 Sep 6 Mezz Box 16 01A15
Road Atlanta (photocopy) Atlanta GA 1971 Apr 2 Mezz Box 14
Glen Trans Am and SCCA National Watkins Glen NY 1971 Aug 14 WG Mezz Box 2
24 Hours of Daytona Daytona Beach FL 1971 Jan 30 Mezz Box 3
Trans-Am L&M Grand Prix Elkhart Lake WI 1971 Jul 17 Mezz Box 10
Trans-Am, L&M Championship Road America Elkhart Lake WI 1971 Jul 17 Mezz Box 4
6 Hours and Can-Am Watkins Glen NY 1971 Jul 24 WG Mezz Box 2
Schaefer 500 Pocono PA 1971 Jul 3 00A30 Box 2
June Sprints Road America Elkhart Lake WI 1971 Jun 19 Mezz Box 4
Races at Mid-America RacwayÊ (photocopy) Wentzville MO 1971 Mar 21 Mezz Box 14
Chimney Rock Hillclimb (photocopy) Chimney Rock NC 1971 May 1 Mezz Box 14
SCCA National Championships (photocopy) Bridgehampton NY 1971 May 1 Mezz Box 14
Cumberland Sports Car Races Cumberland MD 1971 May 13 Mezz Box 10
Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis IN 1971 May 29 00A30 Box 2
Schaefer Trans-Am Lime Rock CN 1971 May 6 98A13 Box 1
Schaefer Trans-Am Lime Rock CN 1971 May 6 Mezz Box 10
American Road Race of Champions Atlanta GA 1971 Nov 26 Mezz Box 10
Funny Car Championships Orange County CA 1971 Nov 5 Mezz Box 16 01A15
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1971 Oct 3 WG Mezz Box 2
Enduro - Blackhawk Farms Rockton IL 1971 Oct 30 99A7 (Ms Box 1)
SCCA Regional Championships (copy) Summit Point WV 1971 Sep 11 Mezz Box 14
California 500 Ontario CA 1971 Sep 5 Mezz Box 15 01A15
Wolverine Trans-Am Michigan 1971 Sep 6 Mezz Box 10
Danville 250 - VIR Danville VA 1972 Apr 15 Mezz Box 5
Glen NationalsÊ Watkins Glen NY 1972 Aug 11 WG Mezz Box 2
Can-Am Challenge Cup Mid-Ohio OH 1972 Aug 5 Mezz Box 10
L&M Grand Prix 5000 Trans-Am Elkhart Lake WI 1972 Jul 14 Mezz Box 16 01A15
6 Hours and Can-Am Watkins Glen NY 1972 Jul 23 WG Mezz Box 2
L&M Grand Prix 5000 Trans-Am Watkins Glen NY 1972 Jun 18 WG Mezz Box 2
SCCA Trans American Championship Mid-Ohio OH 1972 Jun 3 Mezz Box 10
Cajun Grand Prix V (photocopy) Lake Charles LA 1972 May 27 Mezz Box 14
Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis IN 1972 May 27 Mezz Box 9
Auto Expo Los Angeles CA 1972 nd Mezz Box 16 01A15
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1972 Oct 8 WG Mezz Box 2
California 500 Ontario CA 1972 Sep 3 Mezz Box 16 01A15
Buckeye Cup Mid-Ohio OH 1973 Aug 9 Mezz Box 10
6 Hours and Can-Am Watkins Glen NY 1973 Jul 21 WG Mezz Box 7
6 Hours and Can-Am Watkins Glen NY 1973 Jul 23 WG Mezz Box 2
Trans-Am, L&M Championship Road America Elkhart Lake WI 1973 Jul 27 Mezz Box 4
June Sprints Road America Elkhart Lake WI 1973 Jun 15 Mezz Box 4
L&M Championship Watkins Glen NY 1973 Jun 16 00A30 Box 3
Can-Am Labatt's Blue Mosport ON CAN 1973 Jun 8 Mezz Box 10
Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis IN 1973 May 28 Mezz Box 14
Schaefer Trans-Am Lime Rock CN 1973 May 5 Mezz Box 1
Schaefer Trans-Am Lime Rock CN 1973 May 5 Mezz Box 10
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1973 Oct 5 WG Mezz Box 2
California 500 Ontario CA 1973 Sep 2 Mezz Box 15 01A15
California 500 Ontario CA 1973 Sep 2 Mezz Box 16 01A15
Grand Prix of Canada Mosport ON CAN 1973 Sep 21 00A30 Box 2
Atlanta 6-Hour Atlanta GA 1974 Apr 19 Mezz Box 14
Monterey Historic Races Laguna Seca CA 1974 Aug 10 Collier Room case
Molson Grand Prix Trois Rivieres QU CAN 1974 Aug 31 Mezz Box 5
Glen Five Star Watkins Glen NY 1974 Jul 12 WG Mezz Box 3
Mid-Ohio F/5000 Championship Mid-Ohio OH 1974 Jun 29 Mezz Box 10
Mid-Ohio Twin 6s Mid-Ohio OH 1974 Jun 29 Mezz Box 10
California 500 Ontario CA 1974 Mar 10 Mezz Box 15 01A15
Schaefer Trans-Am Lime Rock CN 1974 May 4 Mezz Box 1
United States Grand Prix Watkins Glen NY 1974 Oct 6 WG Mezz Box 3
Mid-Ohio Twin 6's Mid-Ohio OH 1975 Aug 23 Mezz Box 16 01A16
Purolator 500 Pocono PA 1975 Aug 3 Mezz Box 11
Mid-Ohio F/5000 Championship Mid-Ohio OH 1975 Aug 9 Mezz Box 10
Monterey Historic Races Laguna Seca CA 1975 Aug 9 Collier Room case
24 Hours of Daytona Daytona Beach FL 1975 Feb 1 Mezz Box 3
6 Hours and Formula 5000 Watkins Glen NY 1975 Jul 11 WG Mezz Box 3
California 500 Ontario CA 1975 Mar 9 Mezz Box 15 01A15
Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis IN 1975 May 25 00A30 Box 2
Schaefer 350 Lime Rock CN 1975 May 26 Mezz Box 1
Indianapolis 500 Yearbook Indianapolis IN 1975 n.d. Mezz Box 9

ihadcabinfever
03-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Well, see this ......more races in the eastcoast midwest & south than the westcoast......

ihadcabinfever
03-09-2007, 12:19 PM
I wonder if Bradford had some sort of Navy connection? In the collection of his photos, one girl is standing next to a gray airplane in a museum, and is also photographed in a jeep and in the cockpit of a jet plane.

Another girl is leaning up against a Blue Angels (Navy Precision Flight Team) airplane. Knowing the type of plane (or bureau number) would help date the photo, as they changed planes over the years.

And then there is a sailor dressed in pre 1975 "crackerjack" dress blues with an early 1970's style haircut.

Richard , I read he had Army connection.

ihadcabinfever
03-09-2007, 12:22 PM

Well if that #63 is Cali I think she was on the run. According to his ex wife she said she is still looking in her rear veiw mirror afraid of him and she knows he is behind bars. That is how scared she was off him.
Did this guy have guns?

Bobby88
03-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Hello. I recently e-mailed Helene Wahlstrom, the webmaster of the Doe Network about why Monica's case was taken down from the site. She explained that because Monica's case was removed from the Mexican site, she was unable to find out whether or not she was located. So she thought it best to removed the case from her site entirely.

Because Cali's hair was frosted, someone on here asked if home highlighting kits were available in 1979. According to my mom (who is 55), home perm and highlight kits from companies such as Clairol have been around since at least the mid to late fifties. So it's quite possible that Cali's had frosted her own hair at home.

Personaly, I think there is a HUGE resemblence between Cali and Karen Zendrosky from New Jersey.

smile22
03-14-2007, 12:05 PM
i saw the resemblance as well i wonder if anyone looked into it yet. i have this song stuck in my head only the young by journey the song has a feel to it.i think about how all these people who went missing and how some of them never got to see life past certan age. i just wish people didnt have to be so sick and kill or kidnap

ihadcabinfever
03-22-2007, 07:36 PM
http://www.co.livingston.state.ny.us/Sheriff/pdfs/JaneDoe.pdf

shows the jacket and a details about the pollen on the jacket

WARNING before you click the link A picture of Cali is on there and it is graphic post mortem close up .

timetravel
03-23-2007, 05:08 PM
This is the case that first got me interested in cold cases...followed by the sharon marshall case....these two have haunted me for a few years now......cali could have been just a bit younger than me.....

KarlK
03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Some theories about the victim's identity include the possibility that she was not American, but Canadian[...]

[...]it is believed that she had recently vacationed somewhere tropical or was from a region more conducive to tanning in November.

The latter is more likely not only because of the tan but also the coroner's remarks about her dentition and lack of signs of medical care. It would be useful to know what exactly was meant by that last remark. Absence of vaccination shot(s) scar(s) perhaps?

timetravel
03-28-2007, 08:57 AM
from the one picture i saw karen's eyebrows looked "thicker" than cali's.....just an observation ...

timetravel
05-27-2007, 04:49 AM
bumping this...to see if there is any new gnus lately on cali????

ihadcabinfever
05-31-2007, 05:26 PM
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=400008&orgPrefix=NCMU&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.missingkids.com/photographs/NCMU400008c1.jpg

She has a new picture. I still think it looks like that girl in the L A County poster.

ihadcabinfever
05-31-2007, 06:05 PM
I think she is Quimby from MA.

laini
05-31-2007, 10:28 PM
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/274dfma.html I wonder where she was in the 1-2 years inbetween if it was her. Maybe a runaway? They definately do look alike!

timetravel
06-01-2007, 02:17 AM
the nose and mouth and freckles look off to me....and the time in between???.......just my opinion....
so what do you all think of cali's new picture??

Marie
06-01-2007, 02:28 AM
I love her new picture! I think and hope it'll help id her.

I agree that she doesn't look much like Quimby, especially the pronounced upturned nostril flare and protruding front teeth on Cali. But it never hurts to have it checked out

timetravel
06-01-2007, 02:47 AM
i wonder - does anyone have a list of who has been eliminated in the cali case?

outofthedark
06-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Cali's new compsite looks WAY better than her other ones- she looks more lifelike. They seem to have given her an age regression as well- not sure how that will do in ID assistance, but hope it could do something...

teonspaleprincess
06-05-2007, 03:44 PM
The recons are good, but to me they still are off compared to her real picture. In her picture you can tell that she was freckled and in the recons you can't and to me that makes a big difference.

Mr. E
06-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Has Paulette Jaster been eliminated?

Paulette was born in 1954; Cali's earliest estimated birthdate is 1958, only four years later.

Paulette was 5'3; Cali's estimated height was 5'3.

Paulette weighed 120; Cali's estimated weight was 115.

Paulette had brown hair and hazel eyes; Cali had brown hair and brown eyes.

Paulette and Cali resemble one another.

Being from Arizona, Paulette would likely have a deep tan.

Paulette wore a silver and turquoise ring; Cali's silver and turquoise necklace indicate that she like the same Southwest-style jewelry.

Cali was located on Nov. 9, 1979 and probably died the day before; Paulette's last confirmed sighting was in May of 1979. There have been other, later, unconfirmed sightings of her.

I think I may have brought up the connection between Paulette and Cali before, and maybe someone else has, too, but I was wondering if she had been formally eliminated.

iconoclast
06-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Cali has a higher forehead and fuller lips than Jaster. She's also got that very distinct upturned nose. There are a few interesting coincidences though.

rhyno1974
06-07-2007, 06:43 PM
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=818340&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

I think the resemblance between Cali and Michelle Mulcahy is uncanny. I realize its highly unlikely that this would be a match as the Michelle is listed as 5' 8" and blue eyes, but I sure think they look alike.

pittsburghgirl
06-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Bumping in response to a post ("Who is Cali?") on another thread.

ihadcabinfever
07-01-2007, 05:38 PM
I think she is Quimby from MA.

I take that back, :doh:

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
08-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I have written to LE, (today) but have yet to receive a reply. Does anyone know for sure that this UID has had her DNA entered into the CODIS network? Supposedly she is not a match with Anna Waters, but I'm not sure how they determined that.

matknee
09-05-2007, 01:11 PM
this girl bears a striking resemblance to lisa borden the height is off but the facial features are very close and she was known to hitchike it's a longshot but you never know

2sisters
09-27-2007, 01:53 PM
bumping her up

azure
09-27-2007, 03:57 PM
I think the UID looks shockingly close to Lisa Borden. Does anyone know if this was ever submitted to LE?

Kelly

rhyno1974
09-27-2007, 05:44 PM
I think the UID looks shockingly close to Lisa Borden. Does anyone know if this was ever submitted to LE?

Kelly

Personally I don't see any resemblance. Lisa's nose and lips look bigger and I think the metal in her hand would have been picked up in the autopsy.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
09-28-2007, 09:56 AM
I've contacted LE 3 times now in regards to this poor girl. All I want to know is if her DNA has been entered into CODIS...nothing else. They will not respond to my calls or e-mail. All I get is: We'll forward your request to the proper dept. Guess they don't want it solved!

Mandy O'Blenis
09-29-2007, 07:49 AM
I've contacted LE 3 times now in regards to this poor girl. All I want to know is if her DNA has been entered into CODIS...nothing else. They will not respond to my calls or e-mail. All I get is: We'll forward your request to the proper dept. Guess they don't want it solved!

Yes, Cali's DNA is in CODIS, and has been for several years.

She has also been ruled out as a match to Lisa Jane Borden (as well as the rest of Texas's DPS database).

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
09-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Yes, Cali's DNA is in CODIS, and has been for several years.

She has also been ruled out as a match to Lisa Jane Borden (as well as the rest of Texas's DPS database).

How do I ask this tactful....hummm. How do you know this? Did you talk to LE? Was she only run against TX DPS? Please, do tell all you know and how you know it! :D

Mandy O'Blenis
09-29-2007, 10:19 AM
How do I ask this tactful....hummm. How do you know this? Did you talk to LE? Was she only run against TX DPS? Please, do tell all you know and how you know it! :D

lol...:)

Until last year I was the PM Admin for The Doe Network. I did not speak to the LE myself, but it was reported to me by the Area Director at the time. I did discuss this case at length with Gerry Nance over at NCMEC, and he was the one who told me about DPS running her against their database. She has also been compared to all of California's DOJ cases, and certainly, she is in NCIC, so that database is reguarly updated and cross checked as well.

It is the feeling of LE, and I agree, that Cali Doe is not listed as missing within any agency we have seen online. This case has been so extensively investigated that if she were online anywhere, we would have found her by now.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
09-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Thank you! I'm so glad to hear that.

Mandy O'Blenis
09-29-2007, 10:36 AM
You're welcome :)

Richard
10-03-2007, 07:19 PM
... It is the feeling of LE, and I agree, that Cali Doe is not listed as missing within any agency we have seen online. This case has been so extensively investigated that if she were online anywhere, we would have found her by now.

I agree with you about her probably NOT being one listed in any current data bases. However, I think that Monica Castillo - Gonzales, who was listed on a now defunct Mexican government website, was a very close match.

Unfortunately, the FBI could not locate anyone who knew anything about Monica's case, and some time after they started to look for her, the Mexican web site was shut down.

Many things seemed to fit between the two cases. You can compare the two by looking back in previous posts on this thread.

Mandy O'Blenis
10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi Richard :)

Yes, I remember Monica, and it did seem like a decent match back then.

I thought NCMEC had ruled that out with absolution? I am pretty sure, but it's difficult to remember after so long and so many cases later. I'll check with Gerry about it.

I agree with you about her probably NOT being one listed in any current data bases. However, I think that Monica Castillo - Gonzales, who was listed on a now defunct Mexican government website, was a very close match.

Unfortunately, the FBI could not locate anyone who knew anything about Monica's case, and some time after they started to look for her, the Mexican web site was shut down.

Many things seemed to fit between the two cases. You can compare the two by looking back in previous posts on this thread.

Richard
10-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi Richard :)

Yes, I remember Monica, and it did seem like a decent match back then.

I thought NCMEC had ruled that out with absolution? I am pretty sure, but it's difficult to remember after so long and so many cases later. I'll check with Gerry about it.

I spoke directly with the Caledonia (NY) investigator of the case, and he told me that he had contacted an FBI unit or agent attatched to our embassy in Mexico to assist in the case. He told me that the FBI agent was unable to locate anyone or any further information regarding Monica's case, but that he was still looking (at the time). Then the Mexican Website was shut down shortly afterward.

I do not know if NCMEC ever got involved in attempting to compare the two cases. I never spoke with Gerry Nance on these particular cases, but perhaps someone else did. I am certain that NCMEC featured the Caledonia Jane Doe on their website. I do not recall if they had Monica's case in their files.

Babyslims
10-20-2007, 10:14 AM
KIMBERLY RAE DOSS

Wasnt sure if she could match at all.. but noticed her necklace she has on has a bird or something...

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&LanguageCountry=en_US&searchLang=en_US&caseLang=en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1033096&seqNum=1

AfterMidnight
10-22-2007, 01:48 AM
The necklace she was wearing may have come from a mail-order house, a do-it-yourself kit. I bought one very similar during the 70's. I don't recall however where I sent away to.

2sisters
10-22-2007, 01:58 PM
her anniversary is coming up. maybe it will trigger something in someone. A memory or guilt, either way, maybe it can give her a nmae.

2sisters
11-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Bumping her up. The 28th anniversary of her death has come and gone, how many more until she is given her name back?

Trocaria
12-02-2007, 06:57 PM
I see that they have added a new and improved pic of Cali Doe on the Doenetwork site.
With the nose and chin readjusted for someone sitting upright instead of being built off some one in a reclining position, hopefully, this will help.

I am seriously beginning to wonder if perhaps Cali was a special needs child who had been kept serperate from her peers, her neighbors, the whole world.
This could account for the lack of dental care.

However, it would not account for the blasted tan lines. Unless the family had a private pool or something where the girl was able to play.

Was she raised in some cult and then deposed of? Cults were all over the place back in the '70's.

*sigh*

Another year gone by and still, no name.

How much longer, Lord?

Amelie
12-20-2007, 01:00 AM
After reading the concerned messages by you all on here, and looking up this case on various websites, my heart was broken. :(
I just had to make a memorial page for her at findagrave.com

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=23492901

This is truly sad. How can anyone have the heart to take the life of someone who was as young as her? She looks as if she were so innocent...and very pretty.

Does anyone know the name of the cemetery this child is buried in? Has anyone ever visited her grave?

Thank you.

iconoclast
12-20-2007, 11:52 AM
I am seriously beginning to wonder if perhaps Cali was a special needs child who had been kept serperate from her peers, her neighbors, the whole world.

I suspected that the first time I saw the old picture...something about the shape of her face. But the new, more lifelike reconstruction makes it less obvious. Also, according to the NY Missing website (now down), Cali seems to have been somehow involved with a local drug dealer. Perhaps her family shared that involvement and their fear has kept them from speaking?

Richard
12-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Below is "Cali's" file as it now appears in the Doenetwork website. Artist Conception Drawings can be seen at the Link below.

--------------------------
Unidentified White Female
Located on November 9, 1979 in Caledonia, Livingston County, New York.
Estimated Date of Death is November 8, 1979
Died as a result of severe brain hemorrhage caused by a gunshot wound to the head.

Vital Statistics

Distinguishing Characteristics: She had curly brown, shoulder length hair which had been frosted about four months before her death. The frosted hair was in the process of growing out. She had brown eyes. She was tanned and had visible bikini lines. She had no distinguishing marks. The victim had had no broken bones that would have been in a hospital's records. It didn't look as though she had received much medical attention of any kind.
Clothing: She was wearing a a boy's multi-plaid, button-down shirt, tan corduroy pants, blue knee socks, light blue panties; white exquisite bra; brown laceup, ripple-sole shoes and a red nylon-lined man's windbreaker with black stripes down the arms, marked with the inside label Auto Sports Products, Inc..
Dentals: Available. She has some serious decay and tooth #14 was decayed to the extent that only three roots of the tooth were left. She had not had any dental care.

Case History

The victim was discovered by a passing motorist at 10am in a Caledonia, NY cornfield on November 9, 1979. She was found about 20 ft. from the south side of Route 20, about one half mile from the intersection of Route 5.

She was fully clothed and there was no evidence that she had been sexually molested. Her pockets had been turned inside out, possibly to remove any identification.

An examination of the girl's stomach contents turned up pieces of meat, corn and potatoes. A waitress from a small dinner in Lima, New York, remembered seeing the girl the night before the murder, but she couldn't remember anything more.

She died of two gunshot wounds; one to the back and one to the right temple. The coroner estimated that she was killed the previous night, (November 8) and that the gunshot wound to her back was inflicted prior to the head wound. The victim was apparently shot by the road where a blood spot marked the earth. Then she was dragged into the cornfield and shot again.

Police speculated that the murder weapon used was a .38-caliber handgun. Ballistics experts dug up a slug buried in the dirt underneath the victim. The slug was tested against literally hundreds of other bullets fired from guns seized by police. Over the years, the Livingston County probers traced weapons to as far away as Canada, Europe, and Mexico, but they were never able to match the slug to a murder weapon.
Several truckers called in with information about a young girl who was traveling and catching rides where she could. One trucker swore he saw the girl the night before she was murdered trying to hitch a ride to Boston from a nearby truck stop.
Police have followed up over 10,000 leads, all to no avail.

The girl's fingerprints were sent to FBI headquarters, but her prints weren't on file.
Jane Doe rests in Dansville, New York. The inscription says, "Lest we forget an unidentified girl. November 9. 1979. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."

Pollen samples taken from the victim's clothing were determined to have come from only four places: Arizona, California, South Florida, or Mexico.

Jewlery
The victim was wearing the following necklace, made with silver beads and three small turquoise stones, one resembling a bird. The necklace was probably homemade-possibly native American- but the best detectives could figure was that it was made somewhere in the Southwest.
The victim was also wearing two key chains that were attached to the front belt loops of her jeans. One key chain, in the shape of a heart, was inscribed, "He who holds the Key can open my heart." The other key chain held the key that fit the small silver heart. The key chains could have been bought in almost any roadside gift shop.

The inscription on the heart-shaped portion of the above locket reads:
He who holds the Key can open my heart.

Her jewlery and jacket can be seen in a photo at the below link.

Additional Case Information

Locale of Region
Caledonia, NY is located in the Finger Lakes region of the state and is close in proximity to the Canadian border. Some theories about the victim's identity include the possibility that she was not American, but Canadian. Searches of the Canadian missing persons' databases have not provided any information on a possible ID match for this victim. Route 20 runs parallel to Interstate 90. The crime scene was just past the bifurcation of Routes 5 and 20 on the south side of the road. On the north side, a small pull-off for truckers and motorists offered a rest area for travelers.

Tanned Complexion of the Victim
She had tan lines, suggesting that she had recently lain in the sun in a halter top. Tanning salons were not common in 1979, it is believed that she had recently vacationed somewhere tropical or was from a region more conducive to tanning in November. Furthermore, the victim's hair was lightly frosted in the front, a hairstyle popular on the beach.

Clothing Manufacturer
Auto Sports Products. The jackets were a one-shot promotional gimmick. There was no way to track where they had gone after they were distributed.

One caller told investigators that she thought the victim's shoes were popular in the Venjiont area during the late 1970s.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:

Livingston County Sheriff's Office
585-243-7120
or

All information can be given on an anonymous basis.

NCMEC #: NCMU400008
NCIC Number: U-157617149

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

New York State Police
The E-clipse Network
Batavia Daily News
Master Detective
R News
NCMEC
Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
Livingston Sheriff
The Doe Network: Case File 1UFNY

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

forthelost
01-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Kathleen Shea (http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/72dfpa.html) resembles this Jane Doe, but I couldn't even begin to explain how she disappeared at age 6 from Pennsylvania and ended up a murdered teenager in New York. Still, there is a resemblence, just to throw that out there if it hasn't already been mentioned.

Cali has an A blood type, and neither of Shea's parents were A or AB, so she can't be Kathleen. It was a good theory though.

forthelost
01-20-2008, 06:26 PM
I will also add LE thinks she is most likely in the 13-15 age range, so matches older than that should be considered unlikely.

NewMommy09
02-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Vital Statistics
Dentals: Available. She has some serious decay and tooth #14 was decayed to the extent that only three roots of the tooth were left. She had not had any dental care.
Much more at link. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

Tom Friendly
02-18-2008, 01:24 AM
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/227dfva.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/129dfca.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/meeker_angela.html

forthelost
02-18-2008, 12:21 PM
I know Angela Meeker has been ruled out, and Dye has too. Everyone on the California DOJ site has been tested and none are her.

NewMommy09
02-18-2008, 02:13 PM
This case has been burned into my memory since I first saw it on the Doe Network. It's just so odd to me, they have SO much more info on her than they do with most UID's and yet, in almost 40 years, they haven't been able to ID her.

kandoo76
02-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Is there a list on here somewhere of who has been compared and ruled out?

NewMommy09
02-19-2008, 11:57 AM
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/227dfva.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/129dfca.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/meeker_angela.html

forthelost,
Thank you for the information about the last two of these having been ruled out.

I think Marcia Remick is a good possibility. She was known to hitchhike, she was possibly seen in the Florida area after she went missing. I wish there was better pictures to compare.

kygal
02-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Is there a list on here somewhere of who has been compared and ruled out?

I don't know if there's a list, but here's the other thread that is in the Cold Cases section.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23127

There's SEVERAL girls that have been ruled out. I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to turn out to be a case where the girl was never reported missing because of drugs or some other "taboo" reason by her family. Two or three of the last solved murders in my area have been like this.

iconoclast
06-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Bump.

anthrobones
06-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Is there a list of rule outs for this girl?

ElizKelly
06-11-2008, 06:06 AM
I agree with those who think this girl has never figured in any online missing persons registry. I doubt she was ever reported missing. The poor state of her teeth suggests neglect in her background. It's possible she was in a foster home, not a wonderful one. If she ran away from a foster home where she was unhappy, her foster parents never reported her missing, because her running away would have brought to light their neglect/mistreatment of her, because they wanted to continue receiving subsidies for her care ... or because they were just glad to get rid of her and never gave her another thought. Though we'd like to think there's a mother, sister, brother wondering what happened to their loved one, it may be that the persons most likely to recognize her picture would be the last to come forward and claim her, because her sad fate reflects their own failures - the failure to care properly for her, to keep her from harm, and finally the failure to report her missing when she first ran away, which would have been viewed as an attempt to defraud social services.

All this means that any attempt to find out this girl's identity by appealing to long-lost "family" is doomed to fail. On the other hand, it might be possible to appeal to social workers (retired ones, now, I suppose) who might have dealt with this girl earlier, before she was lost from view. It might be necessary to use age-regressed images for this (I see that are some now), since we don't how long the girl had been on the road before meeting her killer, and we don't know when was the last time her foster parents opened the door to a social worker when she was still with them. This would entail a lot of work, since social services are state-run, and we don't know what state she came from. Also, I she had received some state assistance, I believe it would have necessary to have a Social Security number, even at her young age. Is it possible to search Social Security numbers for girls about the age of this one, who are theoretically still alive (because not reported dead), but who have NO ACTIVITY recorded on the Social Security number past a certain date? I have noticed on missing persons sites that it is possible for investigators to know whether a person's SS number has been used since they disappeared. Maybe it would be possible to search backwards, in order to get a list of females born within a certain timeframe who have no work history or disabilities benefits in their adult life. Such a list could provide some new leads.

phenolred
08-15-2008, 09:32 AM
I found this interesting yesterday. I was searching NCMEC and I was looking for males and the pics come up as Thumbnail size and I could have sworn It look like Cale Doe so I clicked on it.

It wasnt her it was a boy but they look so much alike to me.

The other thing I found odd about these 2 was the fact that She was Killed November 8, 1979

he was killed

November 11, 1979 found on Nov 12 no sign of sexual assault same with Cale DOE

they look like they could be brother and sister....

So I started looking into his case and found out that he was JUST identified this summer as Daniel danny Wayne Dewey

his mother died when we was young

here is a quote from the story

In fact, it was easy for Danny to be lost.

"Our mother died in a car accident when I was seven and Danny was six," Billy Dewey, one of the victim's three brothers, said Wednesday. "We were all just sort of farmed out after that, going from relative to relative. Our upbringing was pretty rough."

Dewey, 47, remembers the last time he saw Danny -- the day Billy graduated from high school in May, 1979.
"Danny was a junior in high school," Dewey said. "But the people we lived with moved the next day, Danny and I were both homeless then. The last time I saw Danny he was getting on a bus."

Amazingly the way we was identified this year they re-ran his fingerprints thru AFIS and got a match he had been arrested for a misdemener at one time

This poor guy died a horrible death, and I feel for his family

here is a link to the full story

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/07/trooper.cold.case.ap/

please see this side by side pics I did and see if you see the resembelence.

Danny was found murdered in Louisiana

He had lived in Texas and was originally from California....

didnt the pollen test of her clothes indicate they could have only came from 3 states and California was one of them

see if you see the resemblence could she be a cousin as sister? how strange they were killed within days of each other

Richard
08-15-2008, 05:12 PM
I found this interesting yesterday. I was searching NCMEC and I was looking for males and the pics come up as Thumbnail size and I could have sworn It look like Cale Doe so I clicked on it.

It wasnt her it was a boy but they look so much alike to me.

The other thing I found odd about these 2 was the fact that She was Killed November 8, 1979

he was killed

November 11, 1979 found on Nov 12 no sign of sexual assault same with Cale DOE

they look like they could be brother and sister....

So I started looking into his case and found out that he was JUST identified this summer as Daniel danny Wayne Dewey...

Here is a link to a thread on him in Websleuths:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35595

I posted his identification just a few days ago.

I also noticed the similarity between the two artist renditions, but I wonder if it might be due to the aspect of the autopsey photos (taken from front but looking upward) which the artist(s) used to make the drawings from. Also, could it have been the same artist who did the drawings?

The fact that the dates of death are so close is eerie, but could be just a coincidence. The distance which separates the two deaths is great (Louisiana and Western New York State).

Still it makes one think...

NJshrink
09-10-2008, 01:34 AM
I haven't read all the parts of this thread, so forgive me if this has already been explored. Perhaps the girl is Karen Lynn Zendrosky missing 10/23/1979 from Bordentown, NJ. She was seen at a site known for its parties with two men in their 20's. She had long brown hair, green eyes and may have been in overalls, according to the reports. Is there a resemblence?

youshouldveknown
10-09-2008, 03:04 PM
bump.

Blackwatch
10-09-2008, 04:08 PM
There are literally hundred of young girls in this age range missing throughout the United States. Most of them have a short blurb about them being last seen, yada, yada, yada, and nothing more. I believe she is probably one of these, EXCEPT for the dental work -
which it was suggested was not done in the U. S. That leaves us with Canada, Mexico, etc.

However, she may have been living in the U. S. long enough for someone to remember her.

Julespa
11-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Sorry if this posted elsewhere. This is the first person that comes up when you look at UID's on the Doenetwork.org case file 1UFNY. Below the stats is says there are post mordem pictures but I just can't bring myself to look at them.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

Could she possibly be Simone Stephanie Ridinger who disappeared from Massachuesetts in 1977?

http://charleyproject.org/cases/r/ridinger_simone.html

MagicRose99
11-18-2008, 05:39 PM
There's a thread for this girl here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60499
and here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23127

Julespa
11-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Could she be Simone Ridinger, disappeared from Massachusetts?

http://charleyproject.org/cases/r/ridinger_simone.html

laini
01-02-2009, 12:50 AM
I think Angela Mae Meeker resembles Cali a lot! But I guess that has been ruled out since they both have DNA available, right? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1351dfwa.html

About Cali's upturned nose, I wonder if she was found face down and that pushed her nose up. Her nose maybe didn't look that way when she was alive.

I also wish there was a list of those ruled out.

youshouldveknown
01-02-2009, 11:05 AM
her nose looks upturned because the artist was doing a composite using her morgue photo in which she was lying down and at an angle that the nose would look upturned.