PDA

View Full Version : New Forensic Files

Hopeful One
05-23-2005, 09:25 PM
I just saw a promo for Forensic Files featuring Darlie's case. It said, "Premiers Thursday," so I'm assuming it's new. Of course, I could be wrong - but that doesn't happen too often. :angel:

IrishMist
05-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Yes, it's new.

"Invisible Intruder" Darlie Routier claimed an intruder killed her two children. But when a blood spatter analyst and an FBI agent examined the crime scene, they found many inconsistencies in Darlie’s story. A police analysis of her 911 call also raised serious questions about her credibility. Is this mother a victim or a criminal herself?

http://www.courttv.com/graphics/13/shim.gifThe following forensic terms are used in this episode. For fuller definitions, click on any term.
• Blood Spatter (http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/glossary/) - The impact of spilled blood on surfaces.
• Bloodstain Interpretation (http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/glossary/) - The interpretation of size, shape, orientation, and distribution of bloodstains on various surfaces...
• Cast-off Blood (http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/glossary/) - Blood that travels from a source due to the movement of that source.
• Cast-off Trails (http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/glossary/) - The patterns that are created by cast-off blood.
• Crime Scene Staging (http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/glossary/) - The attempt by a perpetrator or accomplice to alter a crime scene in order to reduce its evidentiary value.
• DNA (http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/glossary/) - Deoxyrilbonucleic Acid. The genetic material contained in cells.
• DNA Profiling (http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/glossary/) - The process of testing to identify DNA patterns or types.
• Evidence (http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/glossary/) - Anything that has been used, left, removed, altered, or contaminated during the commission of a crime.
• Fingerprint (http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/glossary/) - The unique patterns created by skin ridges found on the palm sides of fingers and thumbs.
• Forensic Science (http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/glossary/) - The application of science to law and the investigation of criminal activity.
• Luminol (http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/glossary/) - A chemical that is capable of detecting bloodstains diluted up to 10,000 times.

More at link:

http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/episodes/40.html

And, ONCE AGAIN, I am SO MAD that my cable company doesn't carry court TV! :furious:

Dani_T
05-24-2005, 02:37 AM
Are you sure it is new? There is already an Invisible Intruder episode which has been shown for years- but it was Medical Detectives. So either they are showing the old one (premiering in a new series or something), revamped the old one or it is a new one with the same name.

Whatever the case hope someone can watch it and report back.

cami
05-24-2005, 07:28 AM
Are you sure it is new? There is already an Invisible Intruder episode which has been shown for years- but it was Medical Detectives. So either they are showing the old one (premiering in a new series or something), revamped the old one or it is a new one with the same name.

Whatever the case hope someone can watch it and report back.

I think it's the same one Dani. We have Forensics Files on every morning here in Canada on CourtTv. It's the old Medical Detectives program from Discovery.

I'll check it out tomorrow though and find out for you. There's more than one fence sitter who fell into the guilty yard after watching this program, myself being one.

IrishMist
05-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Oh, I didn't think of that. Just cuz they call it new - it might just be new to THAT show... :doh:

Jeana (DP)
05-24-2005, 10:40 AM
It was an oldie, but a goodie!!

cami
05-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Oh, I didn't think of that. Just cuz they call it new - it might just be new to THAT show... :doh:

That's probably it Irish. I know they did a Mugshots on her which I have yet to see. I will check to see if I get it, if so I will tape it and make copies for those who don't get it.

IrishMist
05-24-2005, 03:31 PM
That's probably it Irish. I know they did a Mugshots on her which I have yet to see. I will check to see if I get it, if so I will tape it and make copies for those who don't get it.
I would happily send you a video tape, and pay postage if you would do that, Cami :blowkiss:

cami
05-25-2005, 01:49 PM
I would happily send you a video tape, and pay postage if you would do that, Cami :blowkiss:

LOl, no dear that's fine I don't want anything. I was unable to find out if it's featured here as our cable company did an upgrade on the guide this morning, LOL. I will just have to wait until tomorrow morning and see if I get it. Fingers crossed I do and then I can make you a tape. I've had this program taped more than once and have taped over it! Silly me.

Kaly
05-26-2005, 03:32 AM
You can pretty much tell it's not new because Darin is in it a lot and he's SO supportive of her. I think she has accused him since then, has she not?

cami
05-26-2005, 07:51 AM

Oh bad news, we did not get that program this morning. I will keep checking next week as sometimes we are a week behind you.

Jeana (DP)
05-26-2005, 09:04 AM
You can pretty much tell it's not new because Darin is in it a lot and he's SO supportive of her. I think she has accused him since then, has she not?

I don't think she's gone so far as to actually "accuse" him, but they're trying to say it without actually coming right out and doing so.

Fritzy's Mom
05-27-2005, 12:56 AM
I don't think she's gone so far as to actually "accuse" him, but they're trying to say it without actually coming right out and doing so.
Hmmmmmm, I wonder how long that situation's going to last...

Jeana (DP)
05-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Hmmmmmm, I wonder how long that situation's going to last...

I think the more desperate she gets, the stronger the "suggestion" of his involvement will get. However, I also think that most people think that they were both involved to some extent and that while what Darlie's got to say may hurt Darin (to what degree, I don't know), but nothing she can say will save herself.

cami
05-27-2005, 10:35 AM
I think the more desperate she gets, the stronger the "suggestion" of his involvement will get. However, I also think that most people think that they were both involved to some extent and that while what Darlie's got to say may hurt Darin (to what degree, I don't know), but nothing she can say will save herself.

Any comments on the program from anyone?

Did Dani get this program in Oz? I'd like to know what you thought of the screen fibre comparison. Since this is your baby. Looked as if they matched to me. And yes I realize it could have been manipulated for the program.

little1
05-27-2005, 11:59 AM

Did Dani get this program in Oz? I'd like to know what you thought of the screen fibre comparison. Since this is your baby. Looked as if they matched to me. And yes I realize it could have been manipulated for the program.

I saw it for the first time, I taped it on my new DVR! (Fantastic!)

It was much easier for me to underrstand some of the blood spatter by seeing it demonstrated on TV. The show helped me put a bunch of terms with an actual visual----that helped me alot.

cami
05-27-2005, 12:13 PM
I saw it for the first time, I taped it on my new DVR! (Fantastic!)

It was much easier for me to underrstand some of the blood spatter by seeing it demonstrated on TV. The show helped me put a bunch of terms with an actual visual----that helped me alot.

Me too! It's actually what made me go from fence sitting to guilty. That cast-off blood just can't be explained any other way, imo. Mind you, I don't believe she would have had to been so demonstrative as they showed in the reenactment. I've tried it and you don't have to move that knife very much to have that blood fling off onto your back if you are bent over their prone/sleeping bodies. I didn't get it so I didn't get to tape it but I've seen it many many times.

little1
05-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Me too! It's actually what made me go from fence sitting to guilty. That cast-off blood just can't be explained any other way, imo. Mind you, I don't believe she would have had to been so demonstrative as they showed in the reenactment. I've tried it and you don't have to move that knife very much to have that blood fling off onto your back if you are bent over their prone/sleeping bodies. I didn't get it so I didn't get to tape it but I've seen it many many times.

It really tied all the evidence together for me.

It is just hard to to think a woman would do that to her kids.

amycg
05-27-2005, 05:30 PM
http://crime.about.com/od/current/a/darlieroutier_3.htm

I really don't know what to think of this case...But I have a feeling that she's innocent...At least I would like to believe that, I can't imagine a Mother who would do that to their own...

Jeana (DP)
05-27-2005, 05:48 PM
http://crime.about.com/od/current/a/darlieroutier_3.htm

I really don't know what to think of this case...But I have a feeling that she's innocent...At least I would like to believe that, I can't imagine a Mother who would do that to their own...

Hi and welcome. I agree that its hard to believe. However, in the link below, there are cases of mothers dipping their infants in water so hot their skin falls off, mothers who set their homes on fire with the kids inside, mothers who leave their children in the trunks of their cars and other parents who stab their children to death. Its a horrible horrible thing, but its happening every day.

http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Dani_T
05-27-2005, 08:16 PM

Sorry which program are we talking about?

Invisible Intruder or something else?

texaslb218
05-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Glued to the program. First time for me. The re-enactment was very clear in explaining the blood spatter. I wish it had been an hour program!

duffy
05-28-2005, 04:39 PM
I was so mad I only caught the last few minutes of this show. The general conclusion was Darlie was "on the move" cleaning up during entire 911 phone call. Just more damning evidence against her.

cami
05-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Sorry which program are we talking about?

Invisible Intruder or something else?

Yes, Invisible Intruder. It was on Forensics Files last week on CourtTv. Do you get it? It's the old Medical Detectives program.

Dani_T
05-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Yes, Invisible Intruder. It was on Forensics Files last week on CourtTv. Do you get it? It's the old Medical Detectives program.

Yep :) I stumbled across it by accident about 2 years ago and taped it right away :) Think I still have it at home somewhere. One of the very interesting things on that show is the video footage of the house. I was forever pausing it and looking at different angles- including the wine rack.

I can't remember the bit about the screen fibres but it's clear to me from both the photos in MTJD and also the trial transcripts that they are identical. And not only was it the one piece of evidence that was identical but two (ie. the fibreglass rod AND the rubber debris). No doubt about it that it is the most unbelievable compelling piece of evidence AGAINST an intruder.

Fritzy's Mom
06-01-2005, 03:45 AM
Okay, so do I have this right...

Darlie (and her mother, I would guess then) supports Darin in public, but may be working with Brian Pardo to implicate him;

Darin (and his family?) supports Darlie in public, but does not support Brian Pardo;

There may be something romantic going on between Darlie and Brian Pardo?

Because if that's the case, this situation just can't go on forever...Somebody's gonna start squealing!

Jeana (DP)
06-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Okay, so do I have this right...

Darlie (and her mother, I would guess then) supports Darin in public, but may be working with Brian Pardo to implicate him;

Darin (and his family?) supports Darlie in public, but does not support Brian Pardo;

There may be something romantic going on between Darlie and Brian Pardo?

Because if that's the case, this situation just can't go on forever...Somebody's gonna start squealing!
:confused:

Where on earth did you get the idea that something "romantic" was going on with Darlie and Pardo??????????? She's on death row. I seriously doubt that anything "romantic" is going on with anyone - well a male anyway.

Kaly
06-02-2005, 01:52 PM

Where on earth did you get the idea that something "romantic" was going on with Darlie and Pardo??????????? She's on death row. I seriously doubt that anything "romantic" is going on with anyone - well a male anyway.I have one male friend who only dates female prisoners (fear of intimacy; no strings attached, you know). He married a lifer once, for 8 years.

Goody
06-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Hi and welcome. I agree that its hard to believe. However, in the link below, there are cases of mothers dipping their infants in water so hot their skin falls off, mothers who set their homes on fire with the kids inside, mothers who leave their children in the trunks of their cars and other parents who stab their children to death. Its a horrible horrible thing, but its happening every day.

http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

There is a young mother in Tennessee who parked her car deliberately in the hot sun and locked her two young children in it in their car seats to die. If you know anything about Tennessee, the sun is hot, really hot, even on cool days. I swear we have some of the brightest, hottest sun around. This gal just didn't want to be tied down anymore. The kids died, but she didn't get away with it. I don't know why she thought she would. Maybe she was ignorant enough to think that would be viewed as an accident. Whatever, it is just another case of a mother who thought her children to be replacable, which is what I think most mothers who kill think. That they can always have another child later to make up for it.

Goody
06-03-2005, 01:19 AM
I have one male friend who only dates female prisoners (fear of intimacy; no strings attached, you know). He married a lifer once, for 8 years.
Don't tell me. Let me guess. :laugh: He caught her cheating on him, right?

Fritzy's Mom
06-03-2005, 01:49 AM

Where on earth did you get the idea that something "romantic" was going on with Darlie and Pardo??????????? She's on death row. I seriously doubt that anything "romantic" is going on with anyone - well a male anyway.
Well, that's the only thing I can think of...

If Darlie failed her polygraph, why wouldn't he squeal about it the same way he did about Darin? Why, if Darin fails, it means Darin did it, but if Darlie fails, it means nothing - he still wants to help her?

Fritzy's Mom
06-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Goody:

This is off topic, but I just noticed you're from Tennessee, so I thought I'd ask...

A while back, Fox showed a video of a doctor from Tennessee who was exchanging drugs for sex with his patients. One of the girls who went to see him hid a video and had it running during their "appointment." He was a very friendly doctor, if you get my drift...

Do you know anything about this guy? Did they ever show his face (I'm curious to know whether or not he's good looking - don't ask me why?!)? Do you know what happened to him?

Jeana (DP)
06-03-2005, 09:39 AM

If Darlie failed her polygraph, why wouldn't he squeal about it the same way he did about Darin? Why, if Darin fails, it means Darin did it, but if Darlie fails, it means nothing - he still wants to help her?

I have no idea. However, there's nothing going on between them.

Goody
06-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Goody:

This is off topic, but I just noticed you're from Tennessee, so I thought I'd ask...

A while back, Fox showed a video of a doctor from Tennessee who was exchanging drugs for sex with his patients. One of the girls who went to see him hid a video and had it running during their "appointment." He was a very friendly doctor, if you get my drift...

Do you know anything about this guy? Did they ever show his face (I'm curious to know whether or not he's good looking - don't ask me why?!)? Do you know what happened to him?
I remember the case. I don't remember exactly what he looked like, but as I recall he was a disgustingly unattractive as you would expect him to be. Shoot, we have one of the highest divorce rates in the country here. Any good looking doctor sure wouldn't have to trade drugs for sex to get a woman. hahahahahahah! The guy was butt-ugly!

Goody
06-03-2005, 10:24 PM

If Darlie failed her polygraph, why wouldn't he squeal about it the same way he did about Darin? Why, if Darin fails, it means Darin did it, but if Darlie fails, it means nothing - he still wants to help her?Pardo isn't even in the picture anymore. I think I have an article somewhere that is all about him. I will see if I can find it.

Here it is: http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues/1998-08-06/news/feature.html

Kaly
06-05-2005, 01:40 AM
Don't tell me. Let me guess. :laugh: He caught her cheating on him, right? Haha! Oh you mean with a lesbian! Actually, he said that her looks had gone downhill from the stress of being in prison so long. All he ever cared about was looks anyway. One of the original "Shallow Hals."

Kaly
06-05-2005, 02:20 AM
Pardo isn't even in the picture anymore. I think I have an article somewhere that is all about him. I will see if I can find it.

Here it is: http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues/1998-08-06/news/feature.html (http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues/1998-08-06/news/feature.html)This is a fascinating read! Thank you! It's very long. Too bad it's from 7 years ago, though. I wonder if there is an update on Pardo somewhere. He sounds very obsessive. The stories about prosecutorial conduct were very interesting to me. The way that some cops and prosecutors have tunnel vision is very true. (Although I still believe Darlie is guilty). It reminded me of how the Boulder cops acted in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

Goody
06-06-2005, 12:24 PM
This is a fascinating read! Thank you! It's very long. Too bad it's from 7 years ago, though. I wonder if there is an update on Pardo somewhere. He sounds very obsessive. The stories about prosecutorial conduct were very interesting to me. The way that some cops and prosecutors have tunnel vision is very true. (Although I still believe Darlie is guilty). It reminded me of how the Boulder cops acted in the JonBenet Ramsey case.
Did you see that part about him buying up life insurance policies from AIDS patients so they can use some of the payout before death? I guess it could be argued that he was doing a good thing. I just cringed at the thought of anyone profitting off such a thing. I bet it was a good profit, too.

Fritzy's Mom
06-07-2005, 11:13 PM
I remember the case. I don't remember exactly what he looked like, but as I recall he was a disgustingly unattractive as you would expect him to be. Shoot, we have one of the highest divorce rates in the country here. Any good looking doctor sure wouldn't have to trade drugs for sex to get a woman. hahahahahahah! The guy was butt-ugly!
You know what? I'm ashamed to admit this, but...when I watched that video, I couldn't help but wonder what I would do if that guy were cute!!! I mean, some good-looking single doctor comes on to you in the examining room...there ARE worse things that could happen!

But, it turns out he's butt-ugly, huh? Oh, well - there goes my fantasy!

Fritzy's Mom
06-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Pardo isn't even in the picture anymore. I think I have an article somewhere that is all about him. I will see if I can find it.

Here it is: http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues/1998-08-06/news/feature.html (http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues/1998-08-06/news/feature.html)
Thanks for posting that, Goody - I already read it, though. It's posted at the beginning of the Brian Pardo and Darlie thread... I wish there were something more recent about him out there...

Fritzy's Mom
06-07-2005, 11:18 PM
...The stories about prosecutorial conduct were very interesting to me. The way that some cops and prosecutors have tunnel vision is very true. (Although I still believe Darlie is guilty). It reminded me of how the Boulder cops acted in the JonBenet Ramsey case.
Oh, definitely...those poor people (the Ramseys) sure have been through hell and back...

Fritzy's Mom
06-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Did you see that part about him buying up life insurance policies from AIDS patients so they can use some of the payout before death? I guess it could be argued that he was doing a good thing. I just cringed at the thought of anyone profitting off such a thing. I bet it was a good profit, too.
Hey, baby - that's called capitalism and it's the American way! Morbid or not, Pardo's a pretty smart guy...

Mary456
06-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Hey, baby - that's called capitalism and it's the American way! Morbid or not, Pardo's a pretty smart guy...

Not really. If he was smart, he would have read the trial transcript before shooting off his mouth and making a fool of himself :doh: