PDA

View Full Version : AL AL - Nancy Lewis, 47, Birmingham, 18 May 2005

fourboys
06-13-2005, 01:20 AM
Police seek clues in woman's disappearance

Wednesday, May 25, 2005
CAROL ROBINSON
News staff writer

Birmingham police are searching for a hospital cook missing for a week, and a man last seen driving her truck the day after she vanished.

Nancy Lewis, 47, was last seen at 3:45 a.m. May 18 as she left her southwest Birmingham home on her way to work at Children's Hospital.

Her blue pickup truck was seen the next evening at a Midfield gas station, and then recovered by police Sunday afternoon at the Pilot Travel Center on Bankhead Highway.

Police on Tuesday distributed a composite drawing of a man seen in the truck in Midfield, but released few other details.

Lewis hasn't been seen or heard from since shortly after she left her Princeton Avenue home that Thursday morning.

"We've been driving around, canvassing the neighborhood, making announcements on radio stations, everything we can think of," said her roommate, Grethel Pryor. "This definitely isn't like her. It's like she just vanished."

Pryor said she and Lewis got up early every morning to go to work. Pryor works for another hospital.

Lewis usually left just before Pryor, and often warmed up both cars for them. Pryor said she was unplugging her iron last Thursday when Lewis told her good-bye. "I was walking back in the room and she was backing out of the driveway to go to work," Pryor said.

A co-worker of Lewis' called Pryor later that morning when Lewis didn't show up at her job. The co-worker told Pryor that Lewis had called in to say she had a flat tire and was calling her brother to help her.

Pryor assumed it was worked out, and didn't give it another thought until she still hadn't heard from Lewis by nightfall. She and friends started making calls, and couldn't get through to Lewis' cell phone.

"It got so full of messages from everybody trying to call her, it wouldn't take any more," Pryor said.

Lewis' sister, Shirley Gude, said Lewis' brother did receive a call from her about a flat, but when he got to where she told him she was, neither she nor her truck was there.

"She had brand new tires. I don't think she had a flat," Gude said. "I think that was just a signal she sent out saying she needed help."

Lewis' blue 2000 Chevrolet S10 truck, license plate YOBOS, was seen being driven by a man at 8:50 p.m. May 19 at the Midfield Shell on Bessemer Super Highway, police said.

One of the searchers called police Sunday to say she had found the truck at 12:30 p.m. at the Pilot truck stop, Pryor said.

Pryor said Lewis is diabetic, but controls the disease with her diet, not medication.

Anyone with information about Lewis is asked to call Birmingham police at 933-4113 or Crimestoppers at 254-7777.

http://www.al.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news/1117013164244490.xml?birminghamnews?ncrime&coll=2

fourboys
06-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Woman sought in cook's disappearance

Wednesday, June 08, 2005
CAROL ROBINSON
News staff writer

Authorities are looking for a Bessemer woman for questioning in the disappearance of 47-year-old Nancy Lewis.

Birmingham investigators on Tuesday released a photograph of Penny L. Clark, 37, and called her a "person of interest" in the Lewis case.

Meanwhile, as police continue their probe, friends and family of Lewis, the missing Children's Hospital cook, are now offering a $2,000 reward for information about what happened to her.

"We're hoping and praying that someone will tell us where she's at," said Grethel Porter, Lewis' roommate. "We're coming up on three weeks. It's like living your worst nightmare."

Lewis vanished May 18 while on her way to work. She was last seen at 3:45 that morning as she left her southwest Birmingham home on her way to work.

A co-worker of Lewis' called Porter later that morning when Lewis didn't show up at her job.

The co-worker told Porter that Lewis had called in to say she had a flat tire and was calling her brother to help her.

Family members have said Lewis' brother did receive a call from her about a flat, but when he got to where she told him she was, neither she nor her truck was there.

No one heard from her again.

Her blue pickup truck was seen the next evening at a Midfield gas station, and then recovered by police May 22 at the Pilot Travel Center on Bankhead Highway.

Police last week distributed a composite drawing of a man seen in the truck in Midfield, but released few other details.

Porter said she doesn't know the woman for whom police are searching, but said the woman's fingerprints were found in Lewis' truck.

"We have no idea who she could be," Porter said. "It's like we're in the twilight zone."

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Birmingham police at 933-4113 or Crimestoppers at 254-7777.

http://www.al.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news/1118222367169320.xml?birminghamnews?ncrime&coll=2

fourboys
06-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Reward increased to help find missing Children's Hospital cook

The Associated Press
June 10, 2005

A $10,000 reward has been offered by a Tuscaloosa businessman for information in the disappearance of a Children's Hospital cook on her way to work May 18 in Birmingham.

The family of Nancy Lewis, 47, already had raised $2,000 in reward money. Tuscaloosa developer Stan Pate, who has contributed to other missing persons efforts, added the $10,000.

"We should be willing to give of our time, our effort, and financially if we have it," Pate said Thursday.

Lewis was last seen at 3:45 a.m. May 18 leaving her Birmingham home for work. Relatives said she called her brother for help with a flat tire, but Lewis and her blue pickup truck were not where she had said they were.

Her truck was seen the next evening at a Midfield gas station, and police found it May 22 at a Pilot truck stop on the Bankhead Highway. Police distributed a composite drawing last week of a man seen in the truck in Midfield, but released few other details.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050610/APN/506101012&cachetime=3&template=dateline

fourboys
06-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Commentary By ELAINE WITT
BIRMINGHAM POST-HERALD
Posted June 09 2005

It isn't that they don't have sympathy for the justifiably frantic loved ones of Natalee Holloway.

In fact, Nancy Lewis' friends and relatives know something about what the Holloways are feeling.

What they don't understand is why most of the news outlets fixated on the Holloway case have shown so little interest for the past three weeks in the plight of another Birmingham-area resident who disappeared May 18 while driving to her job as a cook at Children's Hospital.

It's been noted before that we, the news media — especially cable TV — lose all sense of proportion when faced with what syndicated columnist Paul Campos has dubbed the "Photogenic White Girl in Distress" story line. Think Laci Peterson, Chandra Levy and Elizabeth Smart.

Holloway, a new graduate of Mountain Brook High School, appears to have been snatched away from those who love her while on a senior trip to a Caribbean island.

It's a bleak situation.

And it's also a convergence of facts that created the perfect storm for cable TV. The specter of what may have happened to her is horribly disturbing to anyone who has ever been young and female or has a daughter or niece or friend meeting that description.

It does not diminish the awfulness of the Holloway case to decry the fact that we Americans, to put it bluntly, care more about such victims than we do about a middle-aged black woman who also appears to have been abducted by someone who meant her harm.

Nancy Lewis has been a cook for seven years at Children's, where she prepares eggs, oatmeal, pancakes and the like for the young patients' breakfast and then prepares lunch vegetables for the cafeteria line.

"Everybody here has a caring heart for what they do and who they're serving, and it shows in their dedication. She would go above and beyond what was needed to get the job done," Gavin Boinski, production manager and executive chef in the hospital's kitchen, said of Lewis. "She would come in early, stay late, give of her own time to make sure the job was done."

In the hospital, Boinski said, Lewis was known for her good humor. "The laugh was infectious," Boinski said. "She was always upbeat, always cheerful and just happy, and other employees feed off that."

Her disappearance, he said, has left the staff heartbroken and bewildered. "It's like you've lost one of your family members."

Although Lewis was not scheduled to start work until 5 a.m., it wasn't unusual for her to go in early, and that was the case on May 18. Her roommate, who was getting ready for an early shift at a different hospital, told her goodbye at 3:45 a.m. and never saw her again.

"Between her leaving home and getting to work, something happened," said Birmingham police Detective V.L. Green, whose office this week announced it is looking for Bessemer resident Peggy L. Clark, identified as a "person of interest" in Lewis' disappearance.

Dozens of people are reported missing in the Birmingham area each month, but most of the cases are quickly resolved.

Among the cases still oustanding is the May 22 disappearance of Walter Moore (http://www.angelsmissing.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1626) an assistant principal at Hayes Middle School. Moore's automobile, like that of Lewis, was found abandoned within days of his disappearance. Detective T. Thomas said Moore spoke to a friend on the telephone that Sunday evening and never made it to work the next day.

She said she's received "a lot of rumors" in the case and a few leads.

Lewis was known to be scrupulous about keeping her Chevy pickup full of gas, and she drove with her doors locked.

"Both of us try to be cautious when we leave the house, because it is rather dangerous for anyone going out that time of morning, especially a woman," said Grethel Pryor, a friend with whom Lewis has shared a home in southwest Birmingham for 10 years.

The day after her disappearance, Lewis' truck was found abandoned near a Midfield gas station. Police have released a composite sketch of a man believed to have been driving the truck after Lewis' disappearance.

Lewis' friends and relatives have donned T-shirts bearing Lewis' image while they pass out fliers in the area where the truck was found.

They also have raised a few thousand dollars as a reward for information. They realize the reward is small compared to the $55,000 that has been offered to help find Holloway.

And they think the media could do more. Until this week, when police released a photograph of Clark, the case got limited news coverage.

"I just can't understand why a dedicated citizen of Birmingham who works at Children's Hospital is not getting the coverage she could get, from the news media, the detectives, the FBI," said Matilda Scott, a co-worker of Lewis.

While they wait, Lewis' family, like the Holloways, must deal with the fact that as time passes hope becomes more elusive.

"She was a wonderful lady," Brandi Miller said of her aunt, and then corrected herself: "She is a wonderful lady."

http://www.postherald.com/me060905.shtml

poochie54
06-13-2005, 11:04 PM
i am trying to find out infomation on my sister-in-law Nancy Lewis.

she has been missing since may 18th 2005. she left her home in Bham

Al. around 3:15 a.m. going to work at Children's Hospital where she is a

cook. she never made it.the blue pickup truck she was driving was found

on the 22nd of may intact. she is a black female, 47 years old , black hair

brown eyes , 5 feet tall , 140 lbs. if anyone have any info or has seen her,

please contact Det. Green at 205-933-4113 or 205-328-9311. or post me a

message. Thank you

Peabody
06-13-2005, 11:35 PM
I will be praying for Nancy and all of you who love her.

Sassygerl
06-13-2005, 11:41 PM
Nancy Lewis has been a cook for seven years at Children's, where she prepares eggs, oatmeal, pancakes and the like for the young patients' breakfast and then prepares lunch vegetables for the cafeteria line.

"Everybody here has a caring heart for what they do and who they're serving, and it shows in their dedication. She would go above and beyond what was needed to get the job done," Gavin Boinski, production manager and executive chef in the hospital's kitchen, said of Lewis. "She would come in early, stay late, give of her own time to make sure the job was done."

In the hospital, Boinski said, Lewis was known for her good humor. "The laugh was infectious," Boinski said. "She was always upbeat, always cheerful and just happy, and other employees feed off that."

Her disappearance, he said, has left the staff heartbroken and bewildered. "It's like you've lost one of your family members."

Westry watches volunteers pass out fliers showing her missing sister, Nancy Lewis. Although Lewis was not scheduled to start work until 5 a.m., it wasn't unusual for her to go in early, and that was the case on May 18. Her roommate, who was getting ready for an early shift at a different hospital, told her goodbye at 3:45 a.m. and never saw her again.

"Between her leaving home and getting to work, something happened," said Birmingham police Detective V.L. Green, whose office this week announced it is looking for Bessemer resident Peggy L. Clark, identified as a "person of interest" in Lewis' disappearance.

My prayers are with your family right now. Hoping for the safe return of your SIL.

Sassygerl
06-13-2005, 11:44 PM
"Lewis was last seen at 3:45 a.m. May 18 leaving her Birmingham home for work. Relatives said she called her brother for help with a flat tire, but Lewis and her blue pickup truck were not where she had said they were."

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050610/APN/506101012&cachetime=3&template=dateline

LadyLuck
06-13-2005, 11:49 PM
praying for your sister-in-law. She has been mentioned several times on W/S. Everyone here really cares about the missing and will help anyway they can. Hope you find out s omething soon.

fourboys
06-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Missing Adult

Photo:
http://www.angelsmissing.com/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=671

Nancy Lewis
Date Of Birth: 9/14/1958
Current Age: 46 Year(s)
Sex: Female
Race: Black
Height: 5 ft. 00 inches
Weight: 160
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
State of Residence: Alabama
NCIC#: M654898424

Nancy Lewis, was last seen on Wednesday, May 18, 2005, enroute to work at Childrens Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama.

If you have any information, please contact the Birmingham Police Department , Detective Green, 205-254-6312 or the Alabama Bureau of Investigation Center for Missing and Exploited Children by phone at 1-800-228-7688 or via Internet. e-mail:acmec@dps.state.al.us

http://www.dps.state.al.us/public/abi/system/missing/details.asp?id=5123&type=Adult

lady-eowyn
06-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks for keep us alert to this one fourboys...I have to agree with the article you posted about the lack of attention this case is getting compared to Holloway...here we have a productive working citizen of Alabama and nobody seems to care :( I've seen a lot of articles and op-ed pieces stating the same opinion. I think some are getting rather tired of the "white damsel in distress" being the only one that is noticed. I pray that Nancy is found, safe and alive...I pray for her family, it must be difficult for them to go through this knowing that they are getting no attention and not nearly as much help as the Holloways are.

CaliKid
06-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Four weeks gone. I'm not liking what I am reading. Prayers for Nancy's family.

rachelslaw
06-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Prayers for Nancy Lewis and her family. I hope that she is found soon.

Jenn
06-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Praying for your family and for Nancy's safe return.

mysteriew
06-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Poochie, when the pickup truck was found did it have a flat tire? Had the tire been recently changed (was the spare on it?) Have you considered placing individuals on the route she usually took, with fliers describing her and the truck and giving the contact info? Or putting up a billboard there? With LE's permission of course!

Here is a link with some info on a previous case and info on an org that might be helpful. FOHVAMP (Families of Homicide Victims and Missing Persons)

It looks like they mainly work with cold cases though.

http://news4colorado.com/crimeaccidentreport/local_story_096130507.html

izzyB
06-16-2005, 05:36 PM
poochie, welcome to WS, although sad it had to be under these circumstances. prayers for your family. i will be keeping an eye on this thread and hoping for the best! hang in there. :blowkiss:

SewingDeb
06-16-2005, 05:43 PM
i am trying to find out infomation on my sister-in-law Nancy Lewis.

she has been missing since may 18th 2005. she left her home in Bham

Al. around 3:15 a.m. going to work at Children's Hospital where she is a

cook. she never made it.the blue pickup truck she was driving was found

on the 22nd of may intact. she is a black female, 47 years old , black hair

brown eyes , 5 feet tall , 140 lbs. if anyone have any info or has seen her,

please contact Det. Green at 205-933-4113 or 205-328-9311. or post me a

message. Thank you

My heart goes out to you and your family.
Is there somewhere on the web where we can see her picture? It's so important to try to keep her picture in front of the public's eye.

poochie54
06-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Poochie, when the pickup truck was found did it have a flat tire? Had the tire been recently changed (was the spare on it?) Have you considered placing individuals on the route she usually took, with fliers describing her and the truck and giving the contact info? Or putting up a billboard there? With LE's permission of course!

Here is a link with some info on a previous case and info on an org that might be helpful. FOHVAMP (Families of Homicide Victims and Missing Persons)

It looks like they mainly work with cold cases though.

http://news4colorado.com/crimeaccidentreport/local_story_096130507.htmlmysteriew,the pickup was intact. there was no flat and the spare was
where it always is.we have put out fliers all over town , infact we are going back out this saturday.thank you so much for the info , every little bit helps.

lady-eowyn
06-16-2005, 09:22 PM
poochie...my thoughts and prayers are with you...I hope you find Nancy safe and sound...let us know anything else we can do

mysteriew
06-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Poochie, the reason I asked about people with fliers is in thinkng about my city. Many people may drive for an hour to get into the city to go to work. Now with leaving for work an hour to an hour and a half early in the AM and getting home an hour to an hour and a half after work, they don't watch a lot of news. They will wait until they get out of the city traffic to stop at a gas station. Besides, how many cars will they see on the side of the road during their drive. But a flier with the picture of the truck, or a billboard with a picture of the truck along the route, may jog a memory. It at least reminds them, it was in this area. And it is the drivers who travel that area in the hours she would have been traveling, on the days she traveled- that is your target.

knale
06-17-2005, 01:48 AM
Poochie,

I want you to know that my thought and prayers are with you. I know the pain all too real that you are facing and the nightmare that you find yourself in while you are wide awake, my daughter and granddaughter, Jennifer and Adrianna Wix are missing from TN. I just want to say, stay on law enforcement! Let them know that you are there and are not going away until you have found your sister, this is very necessary. Also, keep her face in the public eye as much as you can, the more people you can reach, the more people know her face, will increase the chances of someone coming forward with information. It is important for you to know that your family is not alone, there are people who will help you all they can, I encourage you to reach out to these people, they are a great help and support. Is there a link to a picture of Nancy on the net? I will be glad to print and post some here in the Nashville area. My thoughts will be with you and my eyes open.

sharon25
06-17-2005, 05:42 AM
First let me say that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
I pray that she will be found safe soon!!!

I am curious as to the article that said
she called her brother for help with a flat tire.

yet she had no flat tire.

also she was not where she said she
was going to be- was the truck discovered
very far from where she said she was???

fourboys
06-17-2005, 07:27 AM
Is it possible someone can merge the two Nancy Lewis threads?

There is alot of information on the other one as well.

Thank you!

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24664

lady-eowyn
06-23-2005, 12:18 PM
I don't know how old this blip is...but found it while doing a search on new info for Nancy Lewis (not much on this case though)

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - Police named a new person of interest in the case of a missing woman Wednesday. Nancy Lewis disappeared while on her way to work at Children's Hospital. Birmingham police believe John Dubose, 37, might have information that could help locate Lewis. However, police said Dubose is not a suspect.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8236834/ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8236834/)

fourboys
07-07-2005, 11:35 AM
The Associated Press
July 07. 2005

Gov. Bob Riley is offering a five-thousand dollar reward for information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance of a Birmingham woman.

47-year-old Nancy Lewis was last seen on May 18th on her way to Children's Hospital where she worked and never arrived. She reportedly left her home on Princeton Avenue, Southwest at about 3:45 that morning.

Police did find her blue pickup truck on May 22nd at a Pilot Travel Center.

Anyone with information concerning Lewis' disappearance is asked to call Detective Vincent Green at 205-933-4113.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/...7/APN/507070805 (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050707/APN/507070805)

lady-eowyn
07-07-2005, 11:54 AM
The Associated Press
July 07. 2005

Gov. Bob Riley is offering a five-thousand dollar reward for information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance of a Birmingham woman.

47-year-old Nancy Lewis was last seen on May 18th on her way to Children's Hospital where she worked and never arrived. She reportedly left her home on Princeton Avenue, Southwest at about 3:45 that morning.

Police did find her blue pickup truck on May 22nd at a Pilot Travel Center.

Anyone with information concerning Lewis' disappearance is asked to call Detective Vincent Green at 205-933-4113.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/...7/APN/507070805 (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050707/APN/507070805)
Good!! Glad the gov of AL is doing something here. But I'm disappointed that there are no leads in this case yet...so sad

christine2448
07-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Greta actually interviewed family members in this case last night toward the end of the show, I can't figure out how to find the information on the Fox Site. I thought about this last night and figured I could post a transcript, if I didn't think I could I would have taken notes to share with everyone.

I have an AWFUL memory so trying to repeat things would not be a good thing, I'd probably have it all messed up!

One thing for sure I remember is the brother talking about the fact that she supposedly called someone for help w/flat tire, however, nothing was wrong with the truck when it was discovered. And her cell phone has not been recovered.

poochie54
07-07-2005, 06:25 PM
:blowkiss: thank you to everyone that has posted a message about my sister-in-law. i can't express how much it means to read them everyday. i feel as if we have so many more sets of eyes and ears helping with our search for nancy. i luv you all.

lady-eowyn
07-07-2005, 06:31 PM
poochi...oh I am so glad to keep alert on this...I wish there was more I could do, I feel for you so much. You and your family are in my prayers :blowkiss:

CaliKid
07-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Was this John Dubose ever located and questioned about Nancy's disappearance?

poochie54
07-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Calikid ,
yes dubose was questioned and released. his prints were found on the truck and he said he was driving , but that he got the truck from someone else that goes by the nickname of "BRO".The police let him go but they say they know where he is. We don't understand why they won't arrest him for something!
they are now looking at a guy name "terry shannon". he is in jail in anniston alabama.his prints also were on the truck.i don't understand how all these prints
can be on the truck , yet no one is being arrested.:confused:

lady-eowyn
07-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Calikid ,
yes dubose was questioned and released. his prints were found on the truck and he said he was driving , but that he got the truck from someone else that goes by the nickname of "BRO".The police let him go but they say they know where he is. We don't understand why they won't arrest him for something!
they are now looking at a guy name "terry shannon". he is in jail in anniston alabama.his prints also were on the truck.i don't understand how all these prints
poochie...does Nancy or anyone in the family know these people? Is there any logical way there prints could be on the truck?

christine2448
07-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Here is a letter written to a Birmingham newspaper from a family member of Nancy's:

<H1 class=red>Letters, faxes, and e-mail

</H1>

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Need to find two women:

Nancy or Natalee? Who would you search for?

Two women, one about to start her adult life, the other in the middle of it.

One from a family of some means, the other a hard worker trying to make ends meet.

One is white and the other is black.

The only thing they have in common is they are both missing.

Nancy Lewis is my sister-in-law. She has been missing since May 18. Her family and friends have searched everywhere for her with no luck. We know there was foul play involved because Nancy would never lay off of work or not let anyone know where she is. She left for work that morning and never showed up. Her truck was found the following Sunday intact.

What has me so disturbed is the lack of media coverage that Nancy's case has gotten. I don't understand why all missing persons aren't treated equally.

I hope and pray Natalee is found safe and unharmed. I feel the pain her parents and friends are going through, because we as a family are feeling the same pain.

I would hope the media's failure to help us is not because of the color of her skin and lack of a bigger bank account. We want to see our Nancy's picture on the morning and evening news. How else is anyone going to call the police with any clues? The world knows about Natalee, and the world should know about Nancy.

Cora W. Lewis

Peabody
07-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Calikid ,
On Greta, her brother and sister said the police had returned the truck to the family.........I wonder if they have done a complete forensics testing - sure hope so!

In my opinion, no one should be upset that Natalee is getting so much attention - the problem is that other missing persons get little to none.

I know the familiy of Maura Murray worked very hard to get media attention and in many cases were told that the media would/could not do more because LE refused to comment or participate. I now find that strange because LE in Aruba does not comment or participate in press releases.

I think it all boils down to what the powers that be in the media decide will play out as news............

Yet, I also think every time I see the Natalee story on tv: How easy it would be to have a split screen with missing person photos and information being flashed every two minutes or so???

Bring Maura Home!
www.mauramurray.com (http://www.mauramurray.com/)
www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html (http://www.spbowers.com/mauramissing.html)

lady-eowyn
07-08-2005, 08:46 AM
In my opinion, no one should be upset that Natalee is getting so much attention - the problem is that other missing persons get little to none.
Peabody...I don't think anyone IS getting so upset that Natalee is getting so much attention and are upset that others aren't. I just think it comes across that way because people are questioning "why does Natalee get all this news and Nancy doesn't?" I can understand Nancy's family being upset. Here you have two people gone missing from very close...one IN the state, one in foreign country. Now, if hope is alive that these persons are alive, who's going to benefit most from having their face on US media? Certainly not Natalee...the chance of anyone in the US seeing her on the street OR possibly having seen something that relates to her disappearance is slim to none, but if Nancy's face was on the news, the chances are MUCh higher that someone in the US would see her OR seen something that relates to her disappearance. Understand what I mean?

Bottom line is I pray for every missing person, whether the whole world has heard of them or only their families know.

christine2448
07-08-2005, 09:04 AM
:blowkiss: thank you to everyone that has posted a message about my sister-in-law. i can't express how much it means to read them everyday. i feel as if we have so many more sets of eyes and ears helping with our search for nancy. i luv you all.
Hi poochie54, I did not realize a family member of Nancy was on the board.
I have not been following this case (or any case very closely), I just happened to see this on Greta on Fox the other night and came in here to see what info was out here about Nancy.

I hope you know we all care and are only praying for a good outcome to this mystery. I am praying for you and your family.

Hugs,
Christine

christine2448
07-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Peabody...I don't think anyone IS getting so upset that Natalee is getting so much attention and are upset that others aren't. I just think it comes across that way because people are questioning "why does Natalee get all this news and Nancy doesn't?" I can understand Nancy's family being upset. Here you have two people gone missing from very close...one IN the state, one in foreign country. Now, if hope is alive that these persons are alive, who's going to benefit most from having their face on US media? Certainly not Natalee...the chance of anyone in the US seeing her on the street OR possibly having seen something that relates to her disappearance is slim to none, but if Nancy's face was on the news, the chances are MUCh higher that someone in the US would see her OR seen something that relates to her disappearance. Understand what I mean?

Bottom line is I pray for every missing person, whether the whole world has heard of them or only their families know.
Very well said, Lady.

Peabody
07-08-2005, 09:36 AM

Nancy certainly is not getting the attention that she deserves.

There is another lady that went missing after a St. Louis baseball game recently - sorry I don't recall her name and am running out the door for an appointment, so don't have time to look it up - she is also not getting any media attention..........so sad.

My earlier point is that we should be upset that the missing are not getting attention - we should not be upset that Natalee is getting so much.

..........and to quote you regarding anyone being *upset* - "I just think it comes across that way." Being actively involved in the search for Maura Murray, I can well understand the feelings of being upset.......they are real and most painful.

I don't want to be argumentative and I certainly did not mean for anyone to think I don't want Nancy to have all the attention that Natalee is receiving. IF I could have my way, Nancy would have the same attention......I am also concerned if LE are properly handling Nancy's case - thus my remark about hoping the forensics were properly completed before the truck was returned to her family.

I too pray for as many of the missing as I possibly can..........their numbers are way out of hand. We must do something and figure out a way to have more media attention for all of the missing in order to increase public awareness.

I know that until Maura went missing, I had no idea of the unbelieveable numbers of adults that simply vanish and only the family and loved ones seem to care.

With prayers for Nancy's safe return and comfort for her family.

Blessings to you lady-eowyn

Bring Maura Home!
www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html (http://www.spbowers.com/mauramissing.html)

christine2448
07-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Nancy certainly is not getting the attention that she deserves.

There is another lady that went missing after a St. Louis baseball game recently - sorry I don't recall her name and am running out the door for an appointment, so don't have time to look it up - she is also not getting any media attention..........so sad.

My earlier point is that we should be upset that the missing are not getting attention - we should not be upset that Natalee is getting so much.

..........and to quote you regarding anyone being *upset* - "I just think it comes across that way." Being actively involved in the search for Maura Murray, I can well understand the feelings of being upset.......they are real and most painful.

I don't want to be argumentative and I certainly did not mean for anyone to think I don't want Nancy to have all the attention that Natalee is receiving. IF I could have my way, Nancy would have the same attention......I am also concerned if LE are properly handling Nancy's case - thus my remark about hoping the forensics were properly completed before the truck was returned to her family.

I too pray for as many of the missing as I possibly can..........their numbers are way out of hand. We must do something and figure out a way to have more media attention for all of the missing in order to increase public awareness.

I know that until Maura went missing, I had no idea of the unbelieveable numbers of adults that simply vanish and only the family and loved ones seem to care.

With prayers for Nancy's safe return and comfort for her family.

Blessings to you lady-eowyn

Bring Maura Home!
www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html (http://www.spbowers.commauramissing.html/)And you too, very well stated. It is unbelievable how many people, adults and children alike that are missing and we never hear anything. I guess it's just too many stories to cover. I think someone should start a Missing People's network or something. Like CNN, you know, news all day, stories, pictures, etc to get the word out. That would be cool. Then people that are surfing will come across it and they may recognize someone and be able to help. I wonder why this hasn't been done with all the cable channels out there, there are so many channels and so many topics why not a missing channel? Just a thought. (After posting this, I started thinking, WHY NOT??? I'm going to do some research on this and see how something like this could be done....It will be a slow process, but I'll let ya'll know what I find out)

tennessee
07-08-2005, 09:53 AM
It is such a shame this lovely lady hasn't received media attention. I saw the interview on Greta, too. One of her brothers said that her co-worker had a cell phone conversation with Nancy the day she disappeared. Nancy said she was waiting on her brother to come change a flat tire. Neither of her brothers are aware of a flat tire nor had a conversation with her about changing it. (I don't have a link. I am just repeating the Greta interview.)

Prayers that Nancy will be found alive and well soon.

lady-eowyn
07-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Amen!! Yes...we agree on that...what I was trying to point out is that I don't think many of us ARE upset that Natalee is getting attention, it's just coming across that way because people say "well if Natalee gets this much attention then why can't everyone" I don't believe anyone begrudges the media attention Natalee is getting (although I do know some who are burned out on it)..so some assume they are upset about the attention Natalee is getting.

The bottom line is I think we all agree that everyone deserves for their missing family members to get their faces out in the media. I just wish the media was fair about who they decide to feature.

LadyLuck
07-08-2005, 11:54 AM
I wish Nancy would get more attention. I wish people were out searching for her, I wish the government would let people off one day to search, I wish the airforce, navy, and marines would be called in. I wish Senator Shelby would ask the state department to help. I am not upset that Natalee is getting the attention she is getting, I am just upset that Nancy and other missing do not get 1/4 of the help they need.

babydust2004
07-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Lewis' sister, Shirley Gude, said Lewis' brother did receive a call from her about a flat, but when he got to where she told him she was, neither she nor her truck was there This is my first post on this site.I watched Greta's interview on On the Record the other night and I am a little confused.On Greta's show they stated that Nancy had never called either him or the other brother of hers because they had checked with him.I don't understand.It sounds like either a misunderstanding in what was said at one of the times or something.HMMM things that make you go hmmm.I am confused.

A.Wood
07-09-2005, 03:01 PM
I do remember last night when a relative of Natalee's was being interviewed and interviewer mentioned that because of the bombings in london there hasnt been a lot of coverage of Natalee since then, she also mentioned that also there are other kids missing as well that need coverage. All the relative said was, "yeah the bombing in london is important". For some reason in my mind I felt it was odd she didnt comment that there are other kids that need to be told about on the news. I dont know it really makes me mad that focus is all on this one case. Nancy deserves to be told about just like so many others. I remember when the Groene case came out, we didnt get to hear day in and day out for weeks about that case. Not until Shasta was found. Ive heard of other people going missing in other countries without coverage like the Hollaway case. Its great the Hollaway case does have coverage,but it would be nice if there was some sort of balance in the media. But we all know that will never happen.

poochie54
07-10-2005, 09:06 AM
i want to try to answer all the questions that all of you have the best i can.
first there was never a call to either on of Nancy brothers. the police was thought to have searched the truck throughly , but we are having our doubts
at this point.we as a family have been out searching everywhere.i haven't been in so many wooded areas since i was a child.the press came out a few times with us in the beginning , but the stopped. we put fliers up all over birmingham.
we even had people taking them to other cities. we have had prayer vigils.we just can't get any of the so called leaders to bring attention to this case.
we as a family also pray for Natalee.we just wish the media would give us a third of the coverage that Natalee's case gets.we have a problem with the powers that be , not Natalee or her family.

KatherineQ
07-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Poochie - does this mean Nancy's co-worker lied when she said Nancy had called in to say she had a flat and that she had called her brother for help?

It seems odd, that the co-worker would receive a call like that and then shortly call Nancy's home to find out where she is.

Did that call actually come in to the co-worker, or is that a misunderstanding?

Sheromom
07-10-2005, 01:08 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/Sheromom/prayers.gif

Ah Poochie, I WISH there was something more I could do for you! How very sad. Police are probably just waiting until they have enough information to arrest him (them) and make it stick. I certainly hope they aren't letting the man out of their sight. How long has the one who is in jail been in jail? What for? Get everyone you know to call your local news asking for information. God bless you and yours, sweetie; I'm keeping you in my thoughts!

poochie54
07-10-2005, 01:49 PM
KatherineQ ,
the co-worker did call Nancy's cell phone when she didn't arrive at work on time.she also said that she didn't sound like her usually upbeat self. we think that
she was either forced to say that or she was trying to send a message.we believed the co-worker , but we are having a lot of doubt about the roommate
who was the last person to see her.

LadyLuck
07-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Any news on Nancy? Stilling thinking about and praying for Nancy.

Marisa714
07-13-2005, 12:36 AM
KatherineQ ,
the co-worker did call Nancy's cell phone when she didn't arrive at work on time.she also said that she didn't sound like her usually upbeat self. we think that
she was either forced to say that or she was trying to send a message.we believed the co-worker , but we are having a lot of doubt about the roommate

Hi Poochie,
Thanks for letting us all know whats going on! Ok, so the coworker DID talk to Nancy and Nancy DID say she had a flat tire? And when the truck was found it didn't have a flat right? I was also curious why you were doubtful about the roommate...I think I read somewhere that they had lived together for a long time, I never even thought about that as a possibility, but it would make a lot of sense! Thanks
Marisa

Birmingham Native
07-13-2005, 12:58 AM
KatherineQ ,
Hi Poochie, could I ask a few questions?

Do you think the roommate was jealous?
I read in the Bham News about the police finding fingerprints of a woman in Nancy's truck, and that they were looking for her.

Then it was reported that they had talked to that woman and she had explained to them why she was in Nancy's truck and that she was no longer a "person of interest."

Was there a romantic problem that maybe the roommate didn't like?

Y'all have my thoughts and prayers.

poochie54
07-15-2005, 10:01 AM
birmingham native,
this is only my theory but i think that the roommate knows more than she is telling. there has been a lot of inconsistancys in her statements. her whole demeanor is strange. it's like she is on gaurd all the time. she was the last person to see nancy. as for the phone call from her co-worker , i am questioning
weather that was nancy that answered. the co-worker said she didn't sound like her usual self. there was a romantic tie between the two. i don't know if there were any serious problems in the relationship , but the roomate did tell me the day after nancy went missing that they had been argu:banghead: ing , but not that morning. i think that what ever happened to nancy happened at the house that tuesday night or early wednesday morning. you find the toolbox , you find nancy! there is no way that the drug addicts that had her truck would not have stripped it down and sold the parts for drugs! the radio was still there.NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE! but this is only my theory:waitasec:

LadyLuck
08-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Any new information on Nancy Lewis????

poochie54
08-08-2005, 09:08 PM
there is no new info on nancy. i have been trying to get someone to help us keep it in the news , but i am having no luck. we can't even get the police to return our calls! if anyone hear anything , please let me know! i wish we could get a fraction of the coverage that natalee holloway's case is getting

LadyLuck
08-08-2005, 10:03 PM
So do I. I just do not understand- so many working on looking for her and so few looking for Nancy. I am glad for the Holloway family but wish everyone got the same treatment.

jannuncutt
08-24-2005, 03:13 PM
birmingham native,
this is only my theory but i think that the roommate knows more than she is telling. there has been a lot of inconsistancys in her statements. her whole demeanor is strange. it's like she is on gaurd all the time. she was the last person to see nancy. as for the phone call from her co-worker , i am questioning
weather that was nancy that answered. the co-worker said she didn't sound like her usual self. there was a romantic tie between the two. i don't know if there were any serious problems in the relationship , but the roomate did tell me the day after nancy went missing that they had been argu:banghead: ing , but not that morning. i think that what ever happened to nancy happened at the house that tuesday night or early wednesday morning. you find the toolbox , you find nancy! there is no way that the drug addicts that had her truck would not have stripped it down and sold the parts for drugs! the radio was still there.NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE! but this is only my theory:waitasec:
Poochie,
I am so sorry that you and your family have to go through this. And, the lack of coverage on Nancy makes me angry. I have to tell you, though, you have presented a great case for your theory. Since LE won't return your calls you should have a family member go to the station every day, to force them to move on this case. Any updates?

GOLDHEARTNUMB
08-24-2005, 06:24 PM
OK...

Nancy and the roommate were romantically involved and had an argument the night before she was first noted as missing because she failed to report to work. A co-worker states she recieved a phone call from Nancy that sounds distressed and unlike Nancy claiming a flat tire and was calling her brother to help. (No phone call was ever made to any brother.) Nancy's roommate is the last person claiming to see her when she was leaving for work. Nancy's truck is seen being driven by a male later, and the vehicle was found later. Police have done a search of the vehicle and dusted for prints. Three other people were identified by the finger prints and police have since questioned and released them.

This is what I have gotten so far from what I have been reading...

I just have a few questions...

The roommates were involved romantically all 10 years or was this a new development in their relationship?

Ten years is a long time to be with someone and act "fishy" when discussing events leading up to her disapearance...

The three people identified from prints, were these aquaintances of Nancy or her roommates? Any possible tie to any of them?

This seems strange to me. A possible crime of passion? What type of argument? Money, love, etc...

Just curious.

Thoughts and prayers for Nancy's family.

Marisa714
08-25-2005, 09:19 AM
OK...

Nancy and the roommate were romantically involved and had an argument the night before she was first noted as missing because she failed to report to work. A co-worker states she recieved a phone call from Nancy that sounds distressed and unlike Nancy claiming a flat tire and was calling her brother to help. (No phone call was ever made to any brother.) Nancy's roommate is the last person claiming to see her when she was leaving for work. Nancy's truck is seen being driven by a male later, and the vehicle was found later. Police have done a search of the vehicle and dusted for prints. Three other people were identified by the finger prints and police have since questioned and released them.

This is what I have gotten so far from what I have been reading...

I just have a few questions...

The roommates were involved romantically all 10 years or was this a new development in their relationship?

Ten years is a long time to be with someone and act "fishy" when discussing events leading up to her disapearance...

The three people identified from prints, were these aquaintances of Nancy or her roommates? Any possible tie to any of them?

This seems strange to me. A possible crime of passion? What type of argument? Money, love, etc...

Just curious.

Thoughts and prayers for Nancy's family.
Thanks for the update, this does seem very fishy! If her roommate was the last one to see her and they had recently gotten into a fight...it seems like she knows more than she's saying! I hope Nancy is found soon!

poochie54
08-25-2005, 11:21 PM
nancy and the roommate were a couple all along. the roommate didn't want her co-workers to know she was in a relationship with a woman. she told them that nancy was her sister! we have just found out that she now has a boyfriend.we don't know how long this has been going on. before she got with nancy she was married and has three sons.we think that the only reason she was with nancy was because nancy paid all the bills and all the trips and cruises they went on.i think she wanted to go back to a man ,she found one , nancy found out about it ,they argued and fought ,the roommate killed her,the roommate called her sons or the new lover , they put her body in the toolbox on the truck , disposed of the toolbox. FIND THE TOOLBOX , YOU'LL FIND NANCY!
this is what i believe happened , but i have no proof.
thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for nancy.when i come to this site i feel so much better knowing that someone else cares.thanks again:o

Oceanbreeze
08-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Poochie54, my heart and my prayers go out to you and your family.
May a break in this case come soon.

Tranaice
08-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Poochie, I am so sorry ya'll are going through this. Prayers going up for all of you. The roommate definitely is hiding something. I hope they find out something soon.

GOLDHEARTNUMB
08-26-2005, 01:44 PM
So the toolbox on the truck is missing? I guess I missed that information while I was reading.

Who is this boyfriend and does he tie to any of these other people that were questioned in regards to their prints being found on her vehicle?

That surely could have been a heated and passionate argument if they were arguing about Nancy's lover returning to a man after Nancy has footed the bills for so long.

I think you are right, they find that toolbox and a lot of questions could be answered. Unfortunately, and I hate to think this way, but a truck toolbox is a decent size box to put a body in to bury. So they may very well find her if they find the toolbox.

It be interesting to take a look around the questioned folks property to look for any recent yard work (i.e. digging, gardens, renovations...) and certainly might be a good idea to get a PI involved if the police don't seem to be interested in keeping these people under watch for awhile.

Somebody knows something... there has to be a lead somewhere. I wished I could help more...

Again, Nancy & family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bobbisangel
08-27-2005, 12:30 AM
there is no new info on nancy. i have been trying to get someone to help us keep it in the news , but i am having no luck. we can't even get the police to return our calls! if anyone hear anything , please let me know! i wish we could get a fraction of the coverage that natalee holloway's case is getting

Poochie, don't allow LE to treat you that way. If you can't get the cops to cooperate with you then go to the Police Chief...if he makes excuses go to the next person up the ladder even if you end up talking to the Attorney General. Just keep on them. They will get so sick of seeing/listening to you that they will do something to get you to shut up.

If this case were about a man and a woman LE would have been looking at the roommate. They argued...roommate had found someone new...Nancy disappears never to be heard from again and the toolbox from her truck is missing....DUH!!! How can they not get it????

Maybe those cops should get the luminal and hit the home the two women lived in and the roommates vehicle. If something happened to Nancy at home there is probably still evidence if the cops do a search right.

Those two guys have to be connected in some way to the roommate or her boyfriend. Roommate probably committed the murder...contacts her boyfriend and he gets some help to dispose of the body. The first man LE interviewed might be innocent as the truck could have been sold or given to him along with a big story from the 2nd man...the one in jail. What was the woman's excuse for being in the truck? Did it sound right?

Do you see the roommate at all? I sure hope that something breaks soon. You do need media attention but it sounds like you are probably right on about what happened. The cops just need to get a grip and put some pressure on the roommate.

poochie54
10-30-2005, 07:44 AM
just wanted to let everyone know that nancy has not been found yet.
there is no new info at all. the detective on the case won't even return my calls
please keep praying for her and keep your eyes and ears open for any info and let me know.thanks to all:blowkiss:

nanandjim
10-30-2005, 11:57 AM
...the detective on the case won't even return my calls...
This is disgusting. Have you tried talking to this detective's boss?

Can you contact a reporter for B'ham News or some local newscaster and explain the situation? Perhaps, if you could somehow let the local public know that the detective/police department won't even return your calls, something could be done.

Marisa714
10-30-2005, 11:47 PM
just wanted to let everyone know that nancy has not been found yet.
there is no new info at all. the detective on the case won't even return my calls
please keep praying for her and keep your eyes and ears open for any info and let me know.thanks to all:blowkiss:

Have you been working with a victim/witness advocate? They are usually the 'best' way of communicating w/LE IMO! If you haven't worked with one at all I would see if there's a victim/witness unit in that county/city and contact them. It's really pissing me off that he won't even return your calls :mad: Really hope you can get in touch w/someone who's willing to support or communicate w/you!

Marisa714
10-31-2005, 12:20 AM
Here's a link to the OFFICE OF VICTIM ASSISTANCE! Please call them! I would imagine they would be able to help you...and if not they can probably tell you who can (I hope so at least!) Good luck!

It does say on this site that they offer assistance to victims and families after the offender is sentenced...however my mom was a victim/witness advocate until about 2 ys ago and she said that they always got cases that didn't quite fit with their guidelines(not sure if thats the right word to use?) I'm typing A LOT tonight! Sorry....I really hope this helps.

http://www.ago.state.al.us/victim.cfm

AGOVA provides direct victim assistance as well as referrals to victims through its toll-free Hotline, listed above. Some of the services provided are listed below. If you click on any of these topics, you will find some of the information our office regularly provides to victims. Let us know if there is other information you would like to see on our website.

poochie54
11-04-2005, 07:55 AM
thanks for the info marisa714. i will contact soneone today. i appreciate any and all ideas i can get :clap:

bykerladi
12-29-2005, 12:59 PM
poochie, have you heard anything about this case?

T-Rex
12-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Hey Poochie--I think about you everyday.

I think Natalee Holloway's family could and would help you. Will you call them?

poochie54
01-03-2006, 10:47 PM
hi everyone,
sorry i haven't been to the site in a while , but things have been somewhat
hectic. we haven't heard anything yet. there has not been one word from anyone. i had to write a letter to the mayor and the police chief to get them to make the detective on the case return my calls. i don't think he is doing anything except waiting for something to fall in his lap. so keep nancy in your prayers and i will keep you all up to date on what is happening.love you all:blowkiss:

petra
01-08-2006, 06:32 PM
hi poochie-

thinking about you....hope you have gotten in touch with some of the agencies. we can all use all the support we can get anytime and with anything. you do not have to be alone during this terrible time.

wishing you strenght and answers.

prayers for nancy.

petra
02-14-2006, 11:26 AM
bumping for nancy.

anything new???

fourboys
05-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Friends, Family Gather To Pray

POSTED: May 18, 2006

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The mystery surrounding the disappearance of a Birmingham woman remains unsolved.

Friends and family gathered Thursday as a show of hope on the one-year anniversary of the day Nancy Lewis disappeared.

Lewis, a cook at Children's Hospital, was last seen leaving her home on her way to work.

On Thursday, coworkers and family held a candlelight vigil in front of the hospital in honor of Lewis. They said prayers and sang songs.

Her coworkers also purchased a brick in the hospital's pavilion in her honor.

http://www.nbc13.com/news/9242142/detail.html

fourboys
05-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Friends, Family Gather To Pray

POSTED: May 18, 2006

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The mystery surrounding the disappearance of a Birmingham woman remains unsolved.

Friends and family gathered Thursday as a show of hope on the one-year anniversary of the day Nancy Lewis disappeared.

Lewis, a cook at Children's Hospital, was last seen leaving her home on her way to work.

On Thursday, coworkers and family held a candlelight vigil in front of the hospital in honor of Lewis. They said prayers and sang songs.

Her coworkers also purchased a brick in the hospital's pavilion in her honor.

http://www.nbc13.com/news/9242142/detail.html

Curious J
05-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Has it been discussed whether Nancy's disappearance had any connection to Walter Moore's disappearance in Birmingham. It happened around the same time. Sadly, Walter's skeleton was found recently. In one of the posts, it was said that they reported him missing on May 22nd after 3 days from last seen.

Angels_Not_Forgotten
05-19-2006, 09:15 AM
first let me just say how sorry I am for all that you and your family are going thru. I will be praying for the safe return of your sister in law.

Secondly, are you CERTAIN it was your sister making the call? It seems pretty strange that she would call for a flat....maybe someone impersonating her?

Kelly
05-19-2006, 01:36 PM

Westry watches volunteers pass out fliers showing her missing sister, Nancy Lewis. Although Lewis was not scheduled to start work until 5 a.m., it wasn't unusual for her to go in early, and that was the case on May 18. Her roommate, who was getting ready for an early shift at a different hospital, told her goodbye at 3:45 a.m. and never saw her again.

My prayers are with your family right now. Hoping for the safe return of your SIL.

Pet peeve about this news article: two photos of friends and family shown but NONE of Nancy.

She is not listed on the National Center for Missing Adults site. (1-800-690-FIND) Aren't any orgs helping with this case?

wondering22
05-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Pet peeve about this news article: two photos of friends and family shown but NONE of Nancy.

I agree with you completely. I've been shocked that any of the MPs that look "vaguely familiar" to me, that there is only ONE snapshot of them, and even if it is a superb photograph, ONE picture is not enough.

I mean it simply is inconceivable to me that a concerned family of a missing person would only post ONE photo online. It doesn't make any sense.

Sure the family knows that the photo looks like the missing person, but to someone who may only encounter the MP say, as a sales clerk, or a janitor, or anything where they only see the individual a few times a year.... that ONE photograph will not be enough to make a phone call.

Another thing that seriously irritates me is that typically is no listing of the MP's hobbies.

I mean THAT information is really important, particularly since the individuals who MIGHT be able to identify the person will PROBABLY have the same interests, hey?

It's really irritating to spend weeks on the Net and come to learn that there is only ONE photograph, NO descriptions of hobbies, NO mention of educational background, NO nothing about the missing adult, but the same reporter's give oodles & oodles of sensationalistic emotional statements from family members.

It is so illogical, it really is, and I can't imagine why.

Indeed, I've rarely seen phone numbers for where concerned people can leave anonymous tips for the investigators, I mean it's downright crazy. How do they expect the Missing Adult to be located, when they are WITHHOLDING information from the public?

Huh?

And I don't see any forum for this anywhere online, obviously because it's politically incorrect to state these glaring deficiencies.

VERY irritating and VERY frustrating.

Please pardon me for commisserating.
[/rant.]

wondering22
05-21-2006, 04:28 PM
There is a long messagethread about the dissappearance of Nancy Lewis on another Web Sleuths forum, and in Post #5 there is a link to a photograph of Nancy Lewis.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24664

fourboys
05-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Nancy Lewis:

http://community.dps.alabama.gov/wfPages/wfAlertFlyer.aspx?ID=3d7ddaa4-39d5-4397-ac09-a4100e37b8e1

fourboys
05-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Nancy Lewis:

http://community.dps.alabama.gov/wfPages/wfAlertFlyer.aspx?ID=3d7ddaa4-39d5-4397-ac09-a4100e37b8e1

Bobbisangel
05-22-2006, 04:46 AM
No word of Nancy huh? This case is just so hard to understand. It is doubtful that Nancy would have called her brother just to tell him a story about her tire when it wasn't true and there was nothing wrong with her tire. That just doesn't make any sense. But why would someone else make her call her brother with a story like that? Why would someone else want to involve her brother in the first place? If someone was forcing Nancy go somewhere with them why involve a member of her family? Then the brother gets there and Nancy's truck isn't even there! It's been quite a while now. I hope for the family's sake that Nancy is found soon. The not knowing has to be awful.

bykerladi
05-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Ok, I was always told that if my car broke down, never to accept help from another person to fix a flat unless someone was with me or I was in public. Maybe someone stopped to help her fix the flat and decided to hurt her afterwards. That would explain her phone call about the flat, but there being no flat on the truck when it was found....

Am I just stating the obvious? Sorry if I'm slow....

meggilyweggily
05-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Another thing that seriously irritates me is that typically is no listing of the MP's hobbies.

I mean THAT information is really important, particularly since the individuals who MIGHT be able to identify the person will PROBABLY have the same interests, hey?

It's really irritating to spend weeks on the Net and come to learn that there is only ONE photograph, NO descriptions of hobbies, NO mention of educational background, NO nothing about the missing adult, but the same reporter's give oodles & oodles of sensationalistic emotional statements from family members.

It is so illogical, it really is, and I can't imagine why. The thing is, though, that most adults who are believed to have gone missing voluntarily get no press. They're adults who can do as they like, and even if the police find them they can't force them to return. Nancy Lewis is NOT believed to be a voluntary missing, and the circumstances of her disappearance don't indicate that she would have left on her own. If she's dead, there's no point in issuing statements that she likes to crochet or something.

gatetrekker44
05-22-2006, 11:29 PM
without alerting a person or persons who were in her vicinity that she was frightened of. Maybe another driver got her attention by indicating to her that she had a flat to get her to pull over.
Are there any traffic cameras along the route she usually took? Or where the truck was found?
My prayers are with the family for a positive outcome.

Bobbisangel
05-25-2006, 02:40 AM
Ok, I was always told that if my car broke down, never to accept help from another person to fix a flat unless someone was with me or I was in public. Maybe someone stopped to help her fix the flat and decided to hurt her afterwards. That would explain her phone call about the flat, but there being no flat on the truck when it was found....

Am I just stating the obvious? Sorry if I'm slow....

No, that makes perfect sense. I hadn't thought about her calling her brother and then someone coming along and changing the tire for her and then things turning bad after he got it changed. I guess we need to know if her spare was flat. If it wasn't flat then that is another story cause the person wouldn't have taken the time to get her tire fixed knowing that her brother was on the way. On the other hand, if someone came along and talked her into letting him change the tire why didn't she call her brother back and let him know that he didn't need to come after all? I wonder if the brother had a cell phone or if there was anyone at his place to answer the phone if she tried to call him? Such a puzzle.

Angels_Not_Forgotten
05-25-2006, 11:11 AM
ok, so what about this, just throwing an idea out. I have had people motion to me to pull over before because my tire was going flat. Maybe someone motioned about a flat tire and she called her brother but didnt realize till she got out that there was nothing wrong with it? Far fetched I know, just trying to make sense of it all.

Bobbisangel
05-26-2006, 04:00 AM
ok, so what about this, just throwing an idea out. I have had people motion to me to pull over before because my tire was going flat. Maybe someone motioned about a flat tire and she called her brother but didnt realize till she got out that there was nothing wrong with it? Far fetched I know, just trying to make sense of it all.

That is a possibility too. I've had people do that before too. It is just so strange that she called her brother and then wasn't there when he got there.
In trying to cover all angles I wonder if LE checked the brother's phone records to see if she had actually called him? I would imagine that LE has questioned everyone and checked phone records....I hope so anyway. I don't know the dynamics in her family and that is why I am questioning the call.

poochie54
06-15-2006, 10:29 PM
nancy never called her brother nor did the truck have a flat. we think the call to the co-worker was either made by someone else or they forced her to say she had a flat. i believe that all the answers are in the house where she lived and that the roommate knows what happened to her. i think they killed her in that house ,put her body in the toolbox on her truck then dumped the toolbox somewhere. that was the only thing missing from the truck.the roommate knows what happened. thanks to everyone for careing

crymsyn
12-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Is there any more news about Nancy?

poochie54
01-07-2007, 08:42 PM
there is no news about nancy. the police don't even look anymore. they are waiting for someone else to do there work and then they will take the credit. all we can do as a family is to keep hoping and praying. thanks to everyone that ask about her.

T-Rex
01-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Poochie--I'm really glad you posted. I think about your sister-in-law often, ever since reading about her here. I'm so sorry there hasn't been more progress.

monkalup
01-16-2007, 02:25 AM
Still hoping for some word of Nancy! We have posted her case on Porchlight International and PorchlightUSA

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=21&st=0&

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/in...opic=3990&st=0&

LionRun
01-16-2007, 02:47 AM
Poochie, I am so sorry that you haven't found Nancy yet. I am praying for her and all dear souls in your family.

Best to you,

Lion

Rle7
02-26-2007, 02:30 PM
A Birmingham family is devastated by the disappearance of their loved one, and the lack of progress in the case. Nancy Lewis vanished May 18th, 2005 while on her way to work.

The family is frustrated. They started to hire a private investigator last year, but were told not much more could be done. Police had exhausted all avenues. So now, they're relying on the public for answers.

"It just tears you up on the inside to think that something happened to her, she could be out there somewhere," said Lewis’ nephew, Willie Brown.

Now, her family prays, and sometimes cries waiting for answers.

"We just need some closure, somebody out there knows something," said Lewis’ sister, Dorothy Westry.

http://www.wiat.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WIAT%2FMGArticle%2FIAT_BasicArt icle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149193398843&path=!news!localnews

Seems so strange that people were using her truck after her disappearance, questioned, and released? I don't understand why LE doesn't go the extra mile to persuade these folks to talk. Their excuse of pawning the truck to each other for $15 and not knowing anything is all BS.

Bobbisangel
02-26-2007, 05:02 PM
There must have been one or two people that took the truck in the first place. So who was the origional person/persons. The three guys might not have been involved in Nancy's disappearance but if someone is renting her truck to them then they have to know who it is. How hard is that to find out?
Why not charge all three for thift? Maybe that would help them talk.

poochie54
08-18-2007, 09:00 PM
just wanted to say hello to everyone an report there is still nothing on nancy yet. it is hard to come here and read all the posts, because i'm always hoping for the least little info.thanks again to all of you for caring enough to ask about her.

concernedperson
08-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Bless you and your family, Poochie. What a terrible thing to have gone on so long with no new info. I hope Nancy is found soon.:blowkiss:

T-Rex
08-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Poochie--I'm so glad you posted, even if nothing is new.

Bobbisangel
08-21-2007, 02:12 AM
Poochie, was the tool box ever found? Most tool boxes that fit into trucks are pretty big and would be hard to hide. Did LE ever go through Nancy and her roommates place with anything like luminol? Have LE let this case grow cold? What a shame if they have.

poochie54
09-25-2007, 06:50 PM
still no sign on nancy. the police are still waiting for something to fall in their laps. this case is as cold as ice and they don't care. they didn't spray the house with luminol or search very well. the toolbox has not been found either.MAYBE ONE DAY! thanks to everyone that continue to ask about nancy it means alot. God Bless

poochie54
11-10-2007, 03:33 PM
i was just checking in to see if anyone have any info on nancy.the only new info i have is that channel 42 news did an update on her case but the police still does nothing.THANK

imamaze
02-24-2009, 11:14 PM
The Charley Project (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lewis_nancy.html)
Nancy Lewis
Missing since May 18, 2005 from Birmingham, Alabama
Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: September 14, 1958
46 years old
5'0 160 pounds
African American female. Graying black hair, brown eyes. Lewis is diabetic. She controls her condition with a diet, not with medication.
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Birmingham Police Dept. 205-254-6312

AmyinTheHam
02-25-2009, 10:31 AM
This is a local case for me and I remember that it got very little media attention. If someone made a call (or made her make that call) to her work then I think LE should have tried to determine where the call was made from and gone from there. This upsets me. Poochie know that folks here in town are still thinking of your Sister in Law.

Oh another thing, this happened right at the same time Natalie Holloway dissapeared if I remember correctly. I have always felt that that had been the #1 reason the media did not do more to promote this case.

imamaze
08-04-2009, 10:22 PM
The Charley Project Nancy Lewis (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lewis_nancy.html)

The Alabama Public Safety Community Info Center:Nancy Lewis (http://community.dps.alabama.gov/Pages/wfReportPDF.aspx?Type=0&ID=3d7ddaa4-39d5-4397-ac09-a4100e37b8e1)

poochie54
12-29-2009, 12:08 PM
hi everyone
its been a while since i posted but i wanted to wish everyone a happy and peaceful new year.there still has been no word on nancy but i will continue to update from time to time.stay safe everyone
poochie54

Bobbisangel
12-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Well hi Poochie! It's good to hear from you. Wish you had had some good news about Nancy. I hope you have a happy New Year too. I know when you have a loved one missing or one that was murdered the holidays are never the same.

Did LE question that roommate really well? Did her and Nancy get along good or did they have problems? I wonder if the two women got in an argument and something bad happened. Maybe the roommate called a male friend to help her get rid of Nancy's body. Your idea about the tool chest makes total sense. They are big enough to hold a body and no one can see a body in it.

Is there not one detective that took an interest in Nancy's case? A lot of the time if there is just one that cares it can make a big difference. I wonder if they have a cold case team that just work cold cases? They should have gone through that house with a fine tooth comb. Even if someone else is living there now...if there is any trace of Nancy's blood there...luminol will find it. I also hear they have something better then luminol that they use now. It wouldn't take them that long to go over that house. Lazy LE. Doesn't it make you want to scream?!

My daughter was murdered by her ex in 1993 but I was so lucky and had a great lead detective who really cared about me, my granddaughter and my family and he did everything possible to find the killer after he ran. Took 8 years to catch him but it finally happened. Don't lose hope. It was this killer's brother and sister-in-law who turned him in...for the reward!! Took them a long time but greed won the day..lol. You never know when your case can take a turn. It's hard but don't lose hope. Keep in touch.

Angels_Not_Forgotten
01-04-2010, 04:16 PM
did they even LOOK for the toolcase? if not, is there a junk yard or anything similar around that they could have used to "hide" the case in "plain sight?"

poochie54
03-09-2010, 10:48 AM
there is still no word on nancy. the police isn't looking for her.
the tool box haven't been found yet. i believe that if you find the
toolbox you will find nancy. thanks again to everyone that continues
to pray and show concern for nancy

T-Rex
06-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Poochie--just wanted to let you know, Nancy is not forgotten.

poochie54
09-24-2010, 07:02 PM
just want everyone to know that i am still searching for nancy and thanks to all of you that continue to pray for her

brooklolly
01-20-2011, 06:50 PM
I remember this case so well. I was working at Children's Hospital at the time. Nancy would always come into our office and joke around with one of my friends. I remember seeing her the last day as she left work (If I remember correctly). It had to be around 4pm or 4:30 pm. We acknowledged one another as she walked out of the front door of the hospital. The next day if I remember correctly everyone was talking about her disappearance. I think she had a family member who worked in the cafeteria that would keep us up on the case. Every now and then I ask if they had ever found her. She is not listed on the Alabama site for the missing, which made me wonder if her case had been solved. A few questions...

What ever happened to the roommate?
What ever happened to the place they shared together?
Was the woman big enough to have physically harmed Nancy alone?

Also, something puzzling. The day that she walked out of the hospital door, she did not walk straight to her car as I recall. It seems as though she was lingering as if she was waiting. It probably means nothing, but it made me wonder since she had her own transportation.

poochie54
01-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Brooklolly thanks for asking about nancy. to answer your question,the roommate is
still in the same house.she was quite able to harm Nancy. i have always felt she and her sons had something to do with her disapperance.

summer_breeze
04-23-2012, 08:37 AM
http://www.myfoxal.com/story/17656385/birmingham-police-searching-for-person-of-interest-in-missing-person-case

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 7:35 AM EDT
Updated: Apr 23, 2012 7:35 AM EDT
By Clare Huddleston

BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) -Nancy Lewis went missing nearly 7 years ago and now Birmingham Police need the public's help finding a person of interest. Police have interviewed John Dubose before, but they believe he might have new information about Lewis' disappearance.

http://wbrc.images.worldnow.com/images/17656385_BG1.jpg

summer_breeze
07-28-2013, 08:23 AM
http://www.cbs42.com/2013/07/27/10-active-missing-children-cases-in-alabama/

By Kimberly RichardsonUpdated:
Saturday, July 27, 2013, 10:00 pm
Published: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 9:51 pm

The Alabama Department of Public Safety website shows there are 10 active missing children cases in our state. There are also 90 missing adult cases.

poochie54
01-22-2014, 04:16 PM
I am still waiting for answers. Someone please tell me something!:tantrum: