PDA

View Full Version : NM-Child abuse series Brianna Lopez

nvfc
06-25-2005, 08:49 AM
This is one of the saddest cases of child abuse I have ever heard. This is a must read.

http://nvfc.us/blog

lady-eowyn
06-25-2005, 03:09 PM
OMG...that is horrible. How sad for that poor sweet baby:(

nvfc
06-25-2005, 03:43 PM
It is sad and is almost like an epidemic in New Mexico. There have been eight cases documented the same since 2001 thru January 2005. More since last January. Just last Friday The district Attorney from New Mexico was on MSNBC and CNN. I have since been in contact with her office and have done an interview myself for this story. It has been one of the hardest things for me to do.

My son is nine moths old and her profile looks like she could be his sister. I plan on investigating each and every case in New Mexico and tell their story.

Here is info on the District Attorney and also information on other cases. We have given her the person of the month award for her dedication and outstanding work in child abuse.

http://nvfc.us/content/view/332/1/

nvfc
07-04-2005, 12:27 PM
The case of Uriah Vasquez-Ordońez has been written by Trisha for the NVFC.

Another sad case in New Mexico has it's story told.

http://nvfc.us/blog/?p=5

Lisahas2cats
09-07-2006, 09:05 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I just read Brianna's story on the blog in the OP.

Someone please tell me that this poor baby's "parents" and "uncle" are doing hard time in prison for what they did to her.

Why the HELL can't monsters like these just give their children to people who would love them? They never took a single picture of that beautiful child...her only photos were post mortem (if I understood correctly). They broke her tiny ribs!! I have a dear friend right now who would literally give her left arm to adopt a baby, yet monsters get to keep having child after child to injure and kill.

Damn, I'm just sick. I just pray that if there is a God, he swept that baby's soul out of her body quickly so she felt little pain :(

kazzbar
09-08-2006, 07:29 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I just read Brianna's story on the blog in the OP.

Someone please tell me that this poor baby's "parents" and "uncle" are doing hard time in prison for what they did to her.

Why the HELL can't monsters like these just give their children to people who would love them? They never took a single picture of that beautiful child...her only photos were post mortem (if I understood correctly). They broke her tiny ribs!! I have a dear friend right now who would literally give her left arm to adopt a baby, yet monsters get to keep having child after child to injure and kill.

Damn, I'm just sick. I just pray that if there is a God, he swept that baby's soul out of her body quickly so she felt little pain :(I am crying as I tyype this. I have just read this link and wonder why? If people do not want their babies then why not just put them up for adoption.Other people do want them and would love the opportunity to have such a gorgeous baby.I for one.
I feel repulsed by these perpetrators and if they could be sentenced to death they should be.I do not feel they have anything to contribute to society. :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

Lisahas2cats
09-08-2006, 09:09 AM
I couldn't sleep last night after reading this thread. It really, really got under my skin...I even tried praying about it, but all I could think was why a merciful, omnipotent God would allow these things to happen. So that shot my prayers for the night.

Then, when it occurred to me that the child abuse cases we actually hear about may be only the tip of the iceberg...well, I'd really just like to turn in my human race membership card. And what can we do to stop it? Nothing. Yes, we can watch for signs of abuse in kids we see, but how often do babies like poor Brianna actually see the light of day? We can provide parenting classes, but are monsters likely to take the initiative to sign up and attend? We create children's advocacy centers to assist children and their non-offending families after the fact...but how many children never make it that far?

I just can't shake this and am crying all over again. My sweet, maddening little toddler is showered with love and safety...the reflection she sees of herself in our faces is pure joy. I almost feel guilty for that, as though love and safety are like clean water in a desert, and some lucky children get all the water and others get none. I know that good parents loving their children doesn't actually "take away" from children who are not so fortunate...but damn :(.

I know it's not healthy or productive to stay so shaken about something over which I have no control, but I don't know what to "do" with this. I'm sorry to ramble, I know I sound like a raving lunatic (or raging mama bear), so I'll hush now :(.

kazzbar
09-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Lisa, the way you feel regarding this is exactly how I felt when i read it.It is a sad story of neglect.

Samiya
12-31-2006, 08:24 AM
I couldn't sleep last night after reading this thread. It really, really got under my skin...I even tried praying about it, but all I could think was why a merciful, omnipotent God would allow these things to happen. So that shot my prayers for the night.

Then, when it occurred to me that the child abuse cases we actually hear about may be only the tip of the iceberg...well, I'd really just like to turn in my human race membership card. And what can we do to stop it? Nothing. Yes, we can watch for signs of abuse in kids we see, but how often do babies like poor Brianna actually see the light of day? We can provide parenting classes, but are monsters likely to take the initiative to sign up and attend? We create children's advocacy centers to assist children and their non-offending families after the fact...but how many children never make it that far?

I just can't shake this and am crying all over again. My sweet, maddening little toddler is showered with love and safety...the reflection she sees of herself in our faces is pure joy. I almost feel guilty for that, as though love and safety are like clean water in a desert, and some lucky children get all the water and others get none. I know that good parents loving their children doesn't actually "take away" from children who are not so fortunate...but damn :(.

I know it's not healthy or productive to stay so shaken about something over which I have no control, but I don't know what to "do" with this. I'm sorry to ramble, I know I sound like a raving lunatic (or raging mama bear), so I'll hush now :(.I know how you feel :( I found it last night and my poor husband was wondering what had me so upset and bawling my eyes out. My hubby sat and read through while I went and had a strong coffee and when I came back into my office he was quietly crying.

RIP Brianna :( and RIP Kelsey :(

mysterygirl
09-16-2009, 09:07 PM
I know this is an older case but I just read about it. The second time I cried today when reading a case about abuse.

There is something about the picture and it's circumstances that will affect you to the core of your very being. It is one of the sickest things I have ever read. I will never ever forget this case or get it out of my mind. It was the anniversary of her death recently and a segment was done on Brianna.

I warn you.......extremely graphic pictures. You will cry. Those animals never took one picture of that baby. Be ready to be very affected if you click the link....it is almost overwhelmingly sad because of the brutality and senseless nature. Her pictures still hang on detectives walls..............

http://media.causes.com/558979

mysterygirl
09-16-2009, 09:25 PM
http://www.gopetition.com/online/26696.html

There is a petition to remove the fencing around her grave. There are only about 5700 signatures .....if you have time please sign the petition in her honor...thank you.

mysterygirl
09-16-2009, 09:40 PM
If anyone thinks moving petition link will help members see this, please do so!

Spurser
09-17-2009, 06:36 PM
I am at a loss for words. Why do we as a society tolerate this? Enough already! The death penalty is too good for these animals.

JBean
09-18-2009, 12:52 AM
http://www.gopetition.com/online/26696.html

There is a petition to remove the fencing around her grave. There are only about 5700 signatures .....if you have time please sign the petition in her honor...thank you.Baby Brianna Lopez was 5 months old when she died as result of prolonged abuse and sexual assault at the hands of her father, uncle and mother. Brianna Lopez' family were sentenced to prison for their crime. No one laid claim to this baby's body after she had died so the community of Las Cruces came forward to lay claim to Brianna and honour her at her funeral.

Brianna's remaining family held a small and quick burial in a private cemetery, excluding other family members. No headstone was placed at her grave, only a marker was placed on the site then the burial mound raked flat. People of the community came to honour this baby by laying flowers. As the family wanted her death to be quiet they ordered a metal cage be placed over the burial site to discourage people from honouring her. The cage has surrounded baby Briannas resting place for seven years. Unfortunately the family has maintained this and it is their right as it is a private cemetery.

This petition will go towards helping the District Attorney of New Mexico in achieving what baby Brianna Lopez is entitled to, the removal of the cage and a proper burial with a headstone.

mysterygirl
09-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Thanks JB! This little angel deserves the love and honor she did not get in life. People still mourn her loss.

On the link I posted ....the DA and the detective both got choked up at moments. They took her death very hard and her little picture still hangs on their office walls as a reminder.

That baby was abused her entire short little life. Evidence showed both old and new skull fractures. She had bruises from the top of her head down to the toes on her feet. Extended family knew and no one said a word. Calling attention to her case for child abuse awareness is extremely fitting.............maybe it can save another child.

Ciara
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
I keep this little baby's pic on my pc all the time just to remember her. This story touched me like no other......Heartbreaking stuff:(

bamafide
10-08-2009, 01:19 AM
I seen the video piece on little Brianna on Causes on facebook today. Something I will never forget. This poor beautiful baby. This is the most heartbreaking thing I have ever heard or seen. Those monsters should been took right out and shot...like the animals they are.

Columbo
10-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Baby Brianna Lopez was 5 months old when she died as result of prolonged abuse and sexual assault at the hands of her father, uncle and mother. Brianna Lopez' family were sentenced to prison for their crime. No one laid claim to this baby's body after she had died so the community of Las Cruces came forward to lay claim to Brianna and honour her at her funeral.

Brianna's remaining family held a small and quick burial in a private cemetery, excluding other family members. No headstone was placed at her grave, only a marker was placed on the site then the burial mound raked flat. People of the community came to honour this baby by laying flowers. As the family wanted her death to be quiet they ordered a metal cage be placed over the burial site to discourage people from honouring her. The cage has surrounded baby Briannas resting place for seven years. Unfortunately the family has maintained this and it is their right as it is a private cemetery.

This petition will go towards helping the District Attorney of New Mexico in achieving what baby Brianna Lopez is entitled to, the removal of the cage and a proper burial with a headstone.

This family is nuts! They abused her in life and disrespected her after she died, imo. What the heck?

Columbo
10-25-2009, 02:01 PM
I seen the video piece on little Brianna on Causes on facebook today. Something I will never forget. This poor beautiful baby. This is the most heartbreaking thing I have ever heard or seen. Those monsters should been took right out and shot...like the animals they are.

How could they torture this angelic little baby? I would like to see "an eye for an eye"....they should be tortured, too.

mysterygirl
11-04-2009, 12:19 AM
This family is nuts! They abused her in life and disrespected her after she died, imo. What the heck?

Epitome of evil......:furious:

mysterygirl
12-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Merry Christmas little angel. I have not forgotten you......

kbl8201
01-12-2010, 11:08 PM
utterly disgusting. bad enough 3 of them murdered her after tourturing her for her whole life......the rest of them pretend she never existed.

kgriffin
02-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I just viewed the video about Baby Brianna. The tears just won't stop and I don't even know this child. How could her mother allow these horrific things to happen. No, they never loved her and by their actions they must have hated her. But how? Such a sweet little angel. Everything that was done to that child should be done to each and every family member had a hand in the abuse or knowledge of it!! Then to put a cage around her grave....they just continue to treat her like an animal. If the community paid for it, why should the family have any say, they wouldn't even claim her body. It makes me sick these people continue to breath air. To rape is terrible, to rape a child is depraved, to rape an enfant....well there aren't words strong enough. These offenders will never feel remorse and there is no way to fix them!! It is terrible this child has such a life, but no one can hurt her now.

Silvahalo
03-13-2010, 02:24 AM
Didn't see this posted here and although there are other Brianna video's this is the news piece that is VERY hard to watch, so be forewarned *GRAPHIC*. Heart breaking and devastating. The people who stole Brianna's life are not in the same class with humans. They are pure evil for what was done to her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkSN65cJKOE

Silvahalo
03-13-2010, 02:31 AM
Sweet, beautiful, baby Brianna, my heart breaks for you. The heinous and inconceivable way your precious life was treated gives new meaning to the term child abuse. I cannot fully fathom what your short life, your last moments where on that last night. Your anguish is more than my heart can bear to dwell on. Your death will be vindicated sweet one, your story never forgotten. You were the light of life, a gift to be cherished.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s341/silvahalo68/Fallen%20angels/jsezqv.jpghttp://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s341/silvahalo68/Fallen%20angels/l_19872b2df6394fc3bd02e06a2f056a79.jpg

mysterygirl
04-05-2010, 01:25 AM
I feel the same way.

One oh the worst cases ever...............pure evil. This is pure evil. Demonic.

mysterygirl
07-21-2010, 02:10 PM
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=46040537919&ref=ts

A tribute...........again, hard to read.

Thanks everyone for keeping her memory alive.

We have loved her more that her own monster family.

Belinda
07-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Thanks mysterygirl - I had read about Brianna's story, but hadn't been to the memorial website. I just went and signed the petition to have her cage removed. Anyone who hasn't yet signed it, please take the time to do so.

Fairy1
07-22-2010, 11:03 PM
I just learned of this little angel yesterday. I don't have words. I wish all three of her abusers were dead. It pains me to think they are still breathing the air that we're breathing.

I suppose we can take comfort in the fact that she didn't have to suffer at the hands of these monsters any longer than she did.

I'm not a religious person, but I hope God has a very special place in heaven for all of the babies who have suffered as this sweet little baby did.

I wish I was in charge of the prison where these freaks are incarcerated. I would make sure all of their fellow inmates knew EVERYTHING they did to this precious little baby. Then I would "accidentally" release them into GP.

I signed the petition. None of her "family" deserve to have any say in the matter.

charok
08-22-2010, 11:25 AM
i read this awhile back ago in nov...still makes my blood boil. i want 5 min alone with EACH of these 3 pieces of ......( im restraining here...) the mother , an uncle and the babys dad?!? no freaking excuse!!!! i saw the pictures too. never took a pic of this baby until AFTER she died????
IF i could, put some $$ on WHOEVERS account wipes (all!) of them out!( i dont think we can send them cartons of cigarettes anymore) =yes they make me THAT angry.

Belinda
08-22-2010, 12:02 PM
She was such a sweet, precious baby. How dare the family have a cage put over her grave! They, who never cared about her in life, need to let those that do care about her visit her grave and leave mementoes for her. Shame on them. They would like her to be forgotten about, but they don't know WS. That will NEVER happen! I can assure them of that.

sayd
08-22-2010, 02:25 PM
For what it's worth, the District Attorney who prosecuted the case is Susana Martinez (she's the one nearly breaking down in tears on the video). She also fought for 3 years and got the law changed to life sentences for people who do things like this. I am proud to say she is now running for Governor of New Mexico. I will proudly cast my vote for her in November.

charok
08-24-2010, 08:05 AM
For what it's worth, the District Attorney who prosecuted the case is Susana Martinez (she's the one nearly breaking down in tears on the video). She also fought for 3 years and got the law changed to life sentences for people who do things like this. I am proud to say she is now running for Governor of New Mexico. I will proudly cast my vote for her in November.

go for it sayd( im presuming you do live in NM) =if she lived in OK/ran for gov. shed have my vote...

datGurl!
09-15-2010, 02:19 AM
saw this... heartbreaking...*

vokoya
10-03-2010, 05:36 AM
http://bit.ly/azSezu

District Attorney Susana Martinez is prosecuting another sad child abuse.

sayd
11-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Good news this morning in New Mexico. The District Attorney (Susana Martinez) who prosecuted this case (and fought and won for stronger laws in these kinds of cases) is our new governor. Yay!

MorenoI
11-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Good news this morning in New Mexico. The District Attorney (Susana Martinez) who prosecuted this case (and fought and won for stronger laws in these kinds of cases) is our new governor. Yay!

That's great news! I read this story over a month ago and I have cried everyday whenever I think of her. The hardest part for me is to know that not one picture was found of this baby when she was here on earth. I know that sounds weird, but as a mother I take millions of pictures of my kids because I am proud to be their mom. I just dont understand.

skepticallady
11-16-2010, 02:06 PM
I finally watched the video for the first time today. I just don't understand how people like this can continue to breath air, they should do the world a favor and take themselves out. It makes my physically ill to think about what this poor little angel baby went thru in her short tortured life. I just don't understand our world anymore. It really makes me question the existence of God, I just don't know anymore. The fact that know one claimed her poor little body appalls me, and they didn't even bother to bury her either. If there is a God, I hope the sick pieces of trash get to know what that little angel went thru, I hope they suffer and burn for eternity. I am just so disgusted and angry with the human race. You think you can't hear anything worse then you turn on your TV or computer and there it is. I wouldn't blame God if he gave up on us, our world as a whole has become a toilet. It is really depressing and sad. :furious:

staticgirl50
12-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Every time I see this I cry.. RIP sweet angel.

sayd
01-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Susana Martinez (the D.A. who prosecuted Baby Brianna's case) was sworn in today as New Mexico's new governor.

Somehow, I pray, a little angel was watching.

WillenFan21
04-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Has anyone else seen this before? I saw the link on another website that I go to. Just let me tell you it is graphic...It's a news link video from case of a baby from New Mexico named Briana. SO SICK. They showed the pictures becuase LE wanted people to be aware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PztTA5EVGQU

Cat Lover
04-12-2011, 12:35 AM
That was heartbreaking. I am crying right now. Those people who did that to her deserve more than 18 years in prison, and those who knew about it and didn't do anything need more time than 30 days. My heart goes out to that baby.

I cannot stand it when I hear stories of child abuse. This is definitely one of the worse, probably the worse I've heard. It makes me sick and so mad.

WhyaDuck?
04-12-2011, 12:43 AM
There is already a thread on dear Brianna.

NM-Child abuse series Brianna Lopez - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

WillenFan21
04-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Thanks Duck!

Rdw1981
01-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Everyday I say I'm going to stop reading stories like this. It's so much easier TP turn your head rather than face humanities most hidious qualities. I know there is evil in the world, but I truly can't for the life fathom people as disgusting as these three. The only thing that keeps me sane after reading stories like this is by kissing my two boys on the cheek and telling them I love them. I keep asking the same questions. Why do people like these monsters exist? What makes one person, let alone three, commit the most horrific acts of humanity? I know I will never know these answers, and that haunts me. I believe in the death penalty because of stories like Brianna. Eighteen years at the most her murders will serve; Brianna wasn't didn't even live 18months. How is this justice? Her killers may not receive just punishment in this life, but they will most certainly in the next.

Brianna, baby I know you never knew love and peace on Earth. However, sweet baby I know your being rocked and sung sweet lullabies by the angels now.

Belinda
01-22-2012, 07:11 AM
STEVEN LOPEZ’ AND ANDREW WALTERS’ SUCCESSFUL APPEALS REVERSED BY NEW MEXICO SUPREME COURT

Back in November of 2008 when I wrote the original story, I said Steven Lopez and Andrew Walters had just successfully appealed their convictions to the New Mexico Court Of Appeals in the case of the abuse and murder of five-month-old Brianna Lopez. That was not entirely true. Actually the court found that all three defendants (Brianna’s mother, Stephanie Lopez, was also convicted) should not have been tried together because it violated their right to cross examine all the witnesses against them in 2006. It’s all very lawyerly, so please don’t ask me to explain the details.

Well, what I missed, because I had been given some bad information and didn’t know how to search court records at the time, was that in September of 2007, The New Mexico Supreme Court overruled the Court of Appeals an reinstated both Lopez’ and Walters’ convictions on most of the counts against them. Here’s the details of that decision.

For Andrew Walters:
Count 1 – ABUSE OF A CHILD CAUSING GREAT BODILY HARM/DEATH – Conviction Reinstated

Count 2 – CONSPIRACY TO ABUSE A CHILD CAUSING GREAT BODILY HARM/DEATH – Conviction Overturned, New Trial Ordered (Prosecution later dropped the charge)

Count 3 – CRIMINAL SEXUAL PENETRATION OF A CHILD CAUSING GREAT BODILY HARM/DEATH – Conviction Reinstated

Counts 4 and 5 – ABUSE OF A CHILD CAUSING GREAT BODILY HARM/DEATH – Conviction Reinstated

For Steven Lopez:
Count 1 – ABUSE OF A CHILD CAUSING GREAT BODILY HARM/DEATH – Conviction Reinstated

Count 2 – CONSPIRACY TO ABUSE A CHILD CAUSING GREAT BODILY HARM/DEATH – Conviction Overturned, New Trial Ordered (Prosecution later dropped the charge)

Count 3 – CRIMINAL SEXUAL PENETRATION OF A CHILD CAUSING GREAT BODILY HARM/DEATH – Conviction Reinstated

Andrew Walters ended up with a sentence of 63 years in prison plus 2 years of probation. Steven Lopez was sentenced to a total of 57 years in prison and 2 years of probation.

http://pysih.com/2009/05/13/update-stephanie-lopez-andrew-walters-and-steven-lopez/

BrownRice
01-22-2012, 07:41 AM
I could only watch 2 minutes of the video and had to stop. I always think I can't read anything worse when I read these type of cases, but I truly think this is the worst I've ever read. It just defies any type of logic - why would anybody throw a baby to a ceiling, rape an infant, bite her, etc. And out of the 3 adults present, they all did this? Were there drugs involved?

Why would the remaining family not allow the community to show respect and love for this baby at her grave? I don't get it? Has the cage been removed? Where were these family members during Brianna's 5 months on earth? These injuries didn't happen in one day.

mysterygirl
01-23-2012, 06:27 PM
They were all on drugs!

As far as I know, the cage remains around her grave.

I cried for days when I read about this case and it still haunts me!!

It's remarkable what some parents do to their children when most parents would die for their kids.

Cases like this never cease to enrage me.........

These people were junkie trash who murdered the most innocent little thing.........this is one of those cases that is spotlighted for child abuse awareness and rightly so.

Although so difficult to know about I feel it's important to not forget the innocent children who suffer!

mysterygirl
01-23-2012, 06:30 PM
STEVEN LOPEZ’ AND ANDREW WALTERS’ SUCCESSFUL APPEALS REVERSED BY NEW MEXICO SUPREME COURT

Back in November of 2008 when I wrote the original story, I said Steven Lopez and Andrew Walters had just successfully appealed their convictions to the New Mexico Court Of Appeals in the case of the abuse and murder of five-month-old Brianna Lopez. That was not entirely true. Actually the court found that all three defendants (Brianna’s mother, Stephanie Lopez, was also convicted) should not have been tried together because it violated their right to cross examine all the witnesses against them in 2006. It’s all very lawyerly, so please don’t ask me to explain the details.

Well, what I missed, because I had been given some bad information and didn’t know how to search court records at the time, was that in September of 2007, The New Mexico Supreme Court overruled the Court of Appeals an reinstated both Lopez’ and Walters’ convictions on most of the counts against them. Here’s the details of that decision.

For Andrew Walters:

Counts 4 and 5 – ABUSE OF A CHILD CAUSING GREAT BODILY HARM/DEATH – Conviction Reinstated

For Steven Lopez:

Andrew Walters ended up with a sentence of 63 years in prison plus 2 years of probation. Steven Lopez was sentenced to a total of 57 years in prison and 2 years of probation.

http://pysih.com/2009/05/13/update-stephanie-lopez-andrew-walters-and-steven-lopez/

Thank you so much for the update Belinda. I've never searched court records before so I'm glad some of you are experienced with it.

I think these people should have gotten the death penalty........all three of them but that is just me.

MorenoI
01-24-2012, 09:23 AM
When I read the story I honestly cried for days. Everytime I thought of Brianna my heart felt like it was breaking. I couldnt believe that someone much less a group of family members could be so grossly evil. I had to write a letter to the so called mom and express the pain that I felt for little Brianna. Of course she never wrote back. I tried not to attack I asked her questions about her feelings and such. I thought a different approach would work but it did not. JMO

passionflower
01-24-2012, 10:20 AM
I cannot believe as a grandmother that I could ever be quiet.
This whole family is nuts, JMOO

sayd
03-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Story about petition to keep Baby Briana's mother in jail:

http://www.koat.com/news/30594461/detail.html

believe09
03-02-2012, 04:09 PM
While the New Mexico State Parole Board said it sympathizes with petitioners, the board has no authority to change it once a judge determines a sentence.

I hardly know what to say. :(

amandab
03-02-2012, 04:25 PM
This is on change.org - I just signed it. Let's give this petition a fighting chance:

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-new-mexico-parole-board-revoke-parole-for-stephanie-lopez-nmcd-inmate-59941#

sktrsmw
03-06-2012, 02:04 AM
It might be a good idea to make some pen pals with prisoners at the same prison that these monsters are serving time at. Get the word out to your pen pal WHY these people are serving time, and then let "nature take it's course."

EXIA15145
06-24-2012, 12:22 AM
This is one of the saddest cases of child abuse I have ever heard. This is a must read.

http://nvfc.us/blog
If anyone else is viewing this thread and can answer this question BUT provide a verified source- I can't find it. WAS Brianna Lopez a foster or adopted child? This story sounds familiar, but the one I remember, the child was put in foster care and that's who her 'parents' are that killed her. Not the mother she was born to.

EXIA15145
06-24-2012, 01:22 AM
If anyone else is viewing this thread and can answer this question BUT provide a verified source- I can't find it. WAS Brianna Lopez a foster or adopted child? This story sounds familiar, but the one I remember, the child was put in foster care and that's who her 'parents' are that killed her. Not the mother she was born to.

I have been looking online ever since I posted this and I can't find any of the information I had previously found. So, my apologies. Almost everything I have found indicates the baby, Brianna, was the biological child of Stephanie and Walters.

EXIA15145
10-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Thanks mysterygirl - I had read about Brianna's story, but hadn't been to the memorial website. I just went and signed the petition to have her cage removed. Anyone who hasn't yet signed it, please take the time to do so.

I would like to know how 'Brianna's family' is able to keep the cage over her burial site when it says in the video they did not claim her body, pay for her casket, funeral, etc. but the citizens did. They do not own the burial site (who paid for the burial site? Wasn't it the citizens?) , so how can they legally fence it in?

elliha
04-27-2013, 01:41 PM
I found this case today. I asked my 10 month old daughter how it is possible that anyone given the gift of a child could do this. She didn't have an answer of course, she just smiled and said her favorite word *sse* (kisse= Swedish word for cat/kitten used by kids). I mean, I wake up every day being thankful for my daughter, how can you just let a baby suffer like this. The thing that really got to me was the no pictures taken. Me and my husband probably took more than 100 pictures her first month alone. That is what most parents do, if you are too poor to buy a camera you ask someone to take a picture, it is your child! I don't think my parents owned a camera when my older siblings were born, still there are plenty of pictures because they got them from other people or paid for them to have extra copies. It just shows how unspecial she was in her parents eyes...

Tonya421
06-24-2013, 04:26 AM
I know this is an old thread, but wanted to post anyway.

When I first heard about Brianna, I went on to google to learn more about this precious baby. At the time my computer was down so I was using my cheapo phone. I found a memorial site & began reading about the horrid torture this beautiful baby had to endure. With every sentence I read I became more and more disgusted and even physically sick to my stomach.
I remember holding onto the phone with one hand and my other hand I held over my mouth.
Reading about it was horrible, absolutely horrible.
Little did I know that there were "before" pictures of this little angel on that site.
Once my eyes saw the results of the absolute brutality inflicted on her, I literally chunked the phone onto the floor. I guess maybe thats' a normal reaction to seeing this baby bruised from head to toe. And knowing that her own family could not be bothered to take one single picture of this gift from God. Not one single photograph!
I eventually got up to pick the phone up and my hands were shaking so badly I dropped it again.
And like all of you, my thoughts were Why? How? How could anyone be so incredibly un-feeling, heartless and evil to do these things to a baby?
I never could come up with an answer to those questions. And I've decided I don't want to know the mindset of the lowest of the low, the most evil of evil. I don't want my mind to go to that dark side. I think I would be afraid that if I let my brain go there, I might not come back.
Five months. That's all the time these monster spawn let her live. And they made every day of it a nightmare for this sweet baby.
I would have taken her. In a nano-second I would've driven up there and brought her home with me. She would have been shown love, kindness, generosity and protection.
One day these monsters will be free and that infuriates me. They get to live, enjoy a meal, baths, conversations, laughter and love. Brianna gets a cage over her grave. That speaks volumes to the remaining family members.
Brianna didn't deserve this. And they didn't deserve her. My opinion is that every one of them that was involved, even by omission, don't deserve the space and oxygen required to keep them alive.
At times, I've wavered on the death penalty. But I am firmly in favor of it when it comes to people who commit these atrocities on children.
And I know that there are a lot of people who don't agree with me. That it is not up to us to decide who lives and who dies. Some probably even believe that these 3 can be rehabilitated. That if they ask forgiveness from God, they will recieve it. God can forgive them, but I can't and won't.

sayd
02-14-2014, 11:14 PM
Remember Baby Brianna - she would have been 12.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/residents-remember-baby-brianna/24493702?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=koat

kcornelius
04-07-2014, 02:19 PM
I could not bear to look at this....after listening to the closing arguments in the Teghan Skiba murder trial I have bee truly depressed and just like you guys this truly upsets me...these stories haunt me. I have 2 grands and I am here to tell you that jail would not be good enough for me......I think we should handle evil in a totally different manner.