PDA

View Full Version : SC SC - Brandy Hanna, 32, Charleston, 20 May 2005

Kelly
07-09-2005, 02:11 AM
Where is Brandy?

Photos and new info here (http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?t=12707)

Name: Brandy Renee Hanna

Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Date of Birth: 1972-11-16
Date Missing: 2005-05-20
From City/State: Charleston, SC
Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 32
Race: White
Height: 69 inches
Weight: 115 pounds
Hair Color: Sandy
Eye Color: Blue
Complexion: Light

Identifying Characteristics: Tattoo of a "sun" on right shoulder, tattoo of a "heart" between thumb and forefinger of right hand, three piercings in left ear, two piercings in right ear, gap in upper front teeth, crooked upper teeth, missing molars.

Clothing: Possibly wearing a light blue shirt, blue jeans, white athletic shoes.
Jewelry: Diamond ring (very small diamonds make up the shape of a flower).

Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. Brandy was last seen after 10:00pm on May 20, 2005 at her residence in the vicinity of the 3300 block of Florida Ave. in Charleston, SC. All of her belongings were left behind.

Investigative Agency: North Charleston Police Department
Phone: (843) 745-1015
Investigative Case #: 2005019398

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org

A Message from Brandy's Mother:

"Brandy is my oldest child and my only daughter I always told her she was her mothers child. She is so much like me in so many ways. Brandy is a very quiet & private person. It takes her a while to open up to people.

She has 2 brothers whom she loves dearly, especially her baby brother. He was her baby . We all miss her so much words cannot begin to express the ache in my heart or the hopelessness that I feel. My life cannot go on until I find out where she is or what happened. This is something you never think will happen to you . Thank you."

Brandy worked with her mother at a local restaraunt. She had her own apartment, although it was not in a good part of town. Brandy's mother is certain her daughter had no involvement in drugs or other criminal activities. She lives a quiet life.

CuriousAnne
07-23-2005, 01:43 PM
kelly - thanks for posting this. i was reading the paper this morning and came across an article about her. this is the first i've heard about her!!

here's the article from the charleston post and courier...

'The good, the bad, I've got to know'
9 weeks ago, Brandy Hanna seemingly vanished, leaving her friends and family searching for clues

BY BRIAN HICKS
Of The Post and Courier Staff

Brandy Hanna left work in a playful mood that Friday, planning her weekend on the keypad of a brand-new cell phone.
That night, she would go shopping with her best friend and on Saturday see her boyfriend before heading out to the beach. Sunday, she was supposed to have breakfast with her mother and younger brother.

But she never did any of those things. Sometime on the evening of Friday May 20, Brandy Hanna vanished.

She left behind her clothes, her money and an apartment devoid of clues -- a blanket and pillow on the couch, a cup of tea on the table. There was no suggestion of a forced entry, no signs of a struggle. No hint of where she had gone.

It looked as if she would be right back.

The disappearance of the 32-year-old North Charleston woman has baffled police and kept her family and friends in an agonizing limbo for nine weeks now. At Alex's on Dorchester Road, where Hanna and her mother work, the restaurant's reader board asks: "Where is Brandy?"

It is a question that seems to have no answer.

Click here (http://www.charleston.net/stories/?newsID=33477&section=localnews) for entire article.

Kelly
07-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Thanks, Anne.

If you have a moment, could you please email the entire text from the article to me?

Kelly
kelly.jolkowski@projectjason.org

Bobbisangel
07-24-2005, 12:07 AM
If there is no sign of a struggle or breakin then Brandy must have left with someone she knew. I wonder if she went shopping or if her girlfriend came and Brandy wasn't home? What about her boyfriend...was he a decent guy and did they get along well? I'm sure they have questioned him by now.

Brandy doesn't sound like a person that would just leave and never contact her family. Sounds like her and her mom were close. My heart goes out to her family. That not knowing is horrible. Your imagination runs wild. I hope she is found soon and that she is alright.

Kelly
08-23-2005, 04:16 AM
Brandy's story is featured today on the Project Jason-Voice for the Missing blog.

It is entitled “I Love You, Mom…See You Later”, which were the last words she spoke to her mother. In the story, we'll also share a special announcement about national media coverage for Brandy.

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

Be sure to help out the families of the missing by telling others about the blog. This is just another way we can reach out and let the faces of the missing be seen. We welcome appropriate website links. Other ideas are posting the blog link on other forums you frequent, and sending it out to your friends and family via email.

Thank you for helping us to help others.

President and Founder,
Project Jason
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog

Kelly
09-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Project Jason announces that Brandy Hanna is on the current 18 Wheel Angels campaign. Her campaign will continue through September.

18 Wheel Angels is a national missing person's locator program in which truck drivers or other business travelers are recruited to place posters of a specific missing person along the way as they travel.

For additional information, and to print Brandy's poster, please see:

http://www.projectjason.org/18wheel.html

We ask that you print and place one or more posters wherever you live.

You do not need to be a truck driver to help place posters. You can also help by telling any truck drivers or trucking companies you know about this program.

This is also a reminder that if you haven’t already, you may want to read Brandy’s story on the Project Jason-Voice for the Missing blog. It is one of our reader’s favorites. You can read it here:

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2005/08/82305-i-love-you-momsee-you-later.html

Thank you.

President and Founder,
Project Jason

Kelly
09-22-2005, 02:04 PM
http://www.charleston.net/stories/Default.aspx?newsID=41275&section=localnews

Mother presses hunt for missing woman
Leads are few, hopes are many 4 months after Brandy disappeared

BY BRIAN HICKS
Of The Post and Courier Staff

She looked a lot like Brandy, even answered to her name.
A man had seen the woman in the Big Lots on Rivers Avenue, stopped and talked to her briefly. She had told him, "I'm not missing."

His story carried just enough detail to give Donna Parent the familiar stirrings of hope.

In the four months since her daughter, Brandy Hanna, disappeared from her North Charleston apartment, Parent has heard it all.

Folks claim they have seen Hanna in North Charleston hotels, and walking along a Johns Island road. A search team came to town with tracking dogs, and one national television show has expressed interest. But so far, police have few leads in the 32-year-old woman's disappearance, and no one has even called about the reward money.

Such is life for the family of a missing person.

The Big Lots sighting seemed like a credible story. The man had seen the girl one day, told her friend the next. Two days later, Parent and North Charleston police were at the store, looking at surveillance videos.

"She bore a striking resemblance to Brandy," Parent said. "It gave me hope, but it's such a letdown when you figure out it's not her."

On May 20, Hanna left work at the Alex's Restaurant her mother manages on Dorchester Road, caught a ride home with a customer and settled in for a long weekend. She planned to go shopping that evening, see her boyfriend and go to the beach on Saturday, meet her family for breakfast on Sunday. But sometime that evening, between 9 and 10:30 p.m., Hanna vanished.

Since that time, Parent has learned a lot about the world of missing adults. There are more than 97,000 missing person cases in the country. Most are for people who disappear without a trace.

There is so little that can be done. Police have given polygraph tests to Hanna's boyfriend and ex-boyfriend, they've questioned friends, co-workers and family members. They searched her apartment for clues, and came up with next to nothing. Hanna disappeared with her new cell phone, and apparently didn't take much else with her -- not even money.

With detectives stumped, Parent became frustrated. She got some hope when Monica Caison, founder of the North Carolina-based CUE Center for Missing Persons, brought a five-dog team in August to scour the area around Hanna's Florida Avenue apartment. Ultimately, they found nothing concrete.

Gary Dillon, Hanna's stepfather, hung new posters in West Ashley, designed by a national missing persons organization. "Hopefully, we'll get an answer," he said. "At least something would be better than not knowing anything."

Dillon describes Parent as "holding up pretty darn good, considering." He says her work as manager at Alex's keeps her busy seven days a week. But even at work, she cannot escape the family horror. Posters and articles about Hanna hang on the restaurant's wall. Outside the reader board still asks, "Where is Brandy?"

"A lot of people come in and ask about her and say, 'I'm praying for you.' Well, I say pray for her -- this is about Brandy," Parent said.

In the past month, Parent saw a chance to bring publicity to the case lost when Caison's appearance on "Larry King Live" was canceled because of Hurricane Katrina. Caison planned to highlight Hanna's case on the show.

The case has gotten a national boost this month from Project Jason, a Nebraska-based missing persons center. Kelly Jolkowski, president of the organization, featured Hanna's story on her Web site and this month is distributing posters through her 18 Wheel Angels program. Truck drivers and anyone else who volunteers can download posters with photos and a detailed description of Hanna and post them in truck stops, restaurants and any other public place throughout the country.

In about a year and a half of work, the program has gotten about 9,000 posters of missing persons distributed throughout the country. Jolkowski, whose own son has been missing since 2001, said she chose Hanna's case for the program because she fit the profile of a missing person with some hope of being found.

"Awareness is the key in these cases," Jolkowski said. "It's really tough with missing adults, because the older they get, the harder it is to get attention for them."

For now, the trail is going cold and the police can only react to new leads. Parent is left to come up with anything new she can to keep people helping her look. Brandy's birthday is in November, and she has considered a candlelight vigil for her on that date.

Then she stops and thinks. "She will have been missing nearly six months by then," Parent said.

Bobbisangel
09-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Brandy is such a pretty young woman and she looks like she would be so sweet. Her disappearance is sure a puzzle. She must have left her apt with someone she knew with the idea of only being gone for a little while. What kind of neighbors does she have in her building? Anyone that could have lured her out?

Evidentally both previous boyfriends have been cleared by LE. I feel so bad for her family. It's probably for the best that Brandy's mom works every day but I don't know how she does it. I don't think I could concentrate. Keeping busy does help though. I just hope that she finds her daughter. It's to bad that Brandy didn't tell the customer who upset her on the phone or who she was scared of. Someone knows what happened to her.

strach304
09-24-2005, 01:21 AM
Bobbi, where can I find the reference to a call Brandy received that upset her? I have been reading the posts and stories and did another scan after seeing your post but can't locate it, thanks.
After seeing what happened to Alicia Ross I am wondering if LE is seriously considering that she became a victim of opportunity to some sicko canvassing the area that night. She sounds like the type to maybe open her door to someone asking for help, possibly a so-called stranded motorist with a flat or needing a hot shot and wanted use of a phone, excuse type to gain entrance. The tea, pillow and blanket all sound so much like my sister and I know she would surely open the door to a stranger requesting help or something similar.
I'm not so sure it's a good thing for LE to focus on known subjects to the apparent victims so much because of the statistics as they are, it's possible they are losing valuable info untimely that goes undiscovered. Although a large number are indeed committed by individuals known to them that isn't always the case, there are as we've seen all too often stranger abductions. They are called predators for a very good reason.

SpongeBathHotPants
09-24-2005, 01:27 AM
To Brandy's family, my heart goes out to you, to every parent that has to go through this horror. You are truly amazing for the simple fact that you are able to get out of bed each morning, I don't know how you do it but it restores my faith in unconditional love. May God hold you and keep you, you are all in my prayers. I am truly in awe of you.

Bobbisangel
09-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Bobbi, where can I find the reference to a call Brandy received that upset her? I have been reading the posts and stories and did another scan after seeing your post but can't locate it, thanks.
After seeing what happened to Alicia Ross I am wondering if LE is seriously considering that she became a victim of opportunity to some sicko canvassing the area that night. She sounds like the type to maybe open her door to someone asking for help, possibly a so-called stranded motorist with a flat or needing a hot shot and wanted use of a phone, excuse type to gain entrance. The tea, pillow and blanket all sound so much like my sister and I know she would surely open the door to a stranger requesting help or something similar.
I'm not so sure it's a good thing for LE to focus on known subjects to the apparent victims so much because of the statistics as they are, it's possible they are losing valuable info untimely that goes undiscovered. Although a large number are indeed committed by individuals known to them that isn't always the case, there are as we've seen all too often stranger abductions. They are called predators for a very good reason.

Go to post #1 here written by Kelly....Click on New Pic and Info and then go to post #4 there.

Kelly
11-12-2005, 02:43 AM
Brandy has a new website. Please come and sign the guestbook!

http://www.missingbrandyhanna.com/

Thank you.

Kelly

Bobbisangel
11-12-2005, 09:28 AM
I keep hoping that Brandy will be found. She just looks like such a sweet person. It's hard to believe that anyone would want to hurt her. I wonder if LE are still working on this case? If they have had any new leads? This must be so hard for her mom...to keep hope alive. I hope that the family get some answers soon...bless them.

Kelly
11-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Brandy has been added to Project Jason's Adopt a Missing Person program. Please consider helping reunite Brandy with her family by wearing her photo button and sharing her story with others. For more details on how you can make a difference, please see:

http://www.projectjason.org/adopt.html

Thank you!

President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

angarella
12-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Have there been any updates at all re: Brandy? How could this poor woman just disappear out of thin air?

tia

ang

petra
12-13-2005, 02:25 AM
Bumping for Brandy.

Prayers for her family and love ones.

SCmomof2
05-31-2006, 01:08 PM
bumping for Brandy

Bobbisangel
06-01-2006, 03:47 AM
Hoping for some good new about Brandy.

pushblazer
06-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Daughter's disappearance an open wound

BY BRIAN HICKS
The Post and Courier

It has been a year, and still she cannot sleep.

Her life has become one long nightmare, a hunt that never ceases. Everywhere she looks, Donna Parent sees her daughter - on the street, in the store. She has to force herself not to follow every passing car with a thin blond woman inside.

It's not her, she constantly has to tell herself.

The restaurant she manages has become a shrine of missing person posters and well-wishers who come in to eat every day. A year later, and the Alex's Restaurant's reader board still asks 'Where is Brandy?'

After work, Parent spends much of her time on the computer, reading about and corresponding with people who are just like her, who have lost someone without a notion of when they may find out what happened. Like her, they try to avoid the unthinkable: that they may never know. So many people out there like her, she realizes with great sadness.

Every night as she lies down to attempt sleep, Donna Parent looks at her daughter's picture and asks the same question:

Where are you?

On Saturday night, nearly 100 people gathered at Alex's Restaurant on Dorchester Road to mark the one-year anniversary of Brandy Hanna's disappearance with prayer and a candlelight vigil. On May 20, 2005, Hanna, then 32, got off from work there on a Friday afternoon with big plans for the weekend.

She caught a ride home with a customer and made plans to go shopping that night, to be ready for a trip to the beach. She spoke with her mother once more on the phone. And then nothing.

All leads in the case have proven dead ends. The few suspects brought in passed polygraph tests, leaving police stumped. Every day more time passes without answers, without clues.

One year later, and all of the sudden Brandy's disappearance is a cold case.

'This is a situation that a year ago I never thought I would be in,' Parent says. 'I can't stop looking, because if I stop, who's going to look for her?'

Parent has become disillusioned about a lot of things. Mostly, she is upset that no one has found her daughter. When she first reported her missing, it was nearly a week before police would investigate, because adults have a right to be missing.

Police departments across the country say they cannot investigate every call that comes in on a missing adult - they would get little else done.

There are nearly 2 million people missing in the United States right now, about half of them adults. While there are networks and agencies and Amber Alerts for children who go missing, there is no mechanism ? save for dozens of networks that exist on the Internet and in the kitchens of people who have suffered loss ? to hunt for adults who disappear.

'Adult missing person cases are hard. You have the right to be missing, a right to privacy,' says Monica Caison, the founder and executive director of the CUE Center, a missing persons organization in North Carolina. 'I've heard police say they don't want another Runaway Bride story. We've got to stop judging people, and listen when families say someone is missing. If they turn up on a beach drinking pina coladas, so what? Let it embarrass them.'

Caison says that if police had looked quicker at Brandy Hanna's last-known whereabouts, they might have turned up a clue. But in this case, there are no guarantees. Because, unfortunately, hers was a trail that went cold fast.

North Charleston Detective Eric Jourdan said there has been no new information in Brandy's case since last August, when Caison brought search teams and cadaver dogs to town to search several areas. Police followed up on a few leads from those searches, but they were all dead ends.

'What's most frustrating is that she had such a close circle of friends, only four or five people she associated with, and none of them could think of any reason she would want to disappear on her own,' Jourdan says.

A boyfriend, as well as a recent ex-boyfriend, were considered possible suspects, but both submitted to polygraph tests and passed. Since then, one of them, Ray McAdams, has died of natural causes.

'I check Brandy's Web site all the time, looking for anonymous tips, and I check into all unidentified bodies found in the state,' Jourdan says. 'But there's not a lot we can do without some sort of clue.'

Parent has pushed the city to do more, and in February got Mayor Keith Summey to agree to put up billboards with Brandy's face, asking for information in her disappearance.

Parent is upset those billboards have not gone up, but Summey said he's at the mercy of charity. MAC Advertising has agreed to put up a city-designed Brandy billboard starting June 1. They will leave it up all summer, moving it to a new location every month.

'We've been working with MAC, but we've had to wait until they had space available,' Summey said.

On Saturday night, Parent set up a table with Brandy's pictures - as a baby, in the ROTC, at work at Alex's - and the vigil attendees signed the guest book with notes such as, 'We all pray for your safety' and 'You are and always will be my best friend.'

Cindy Cornell, who worked with Brandy at Pappy's in North Charleston, said when she first heard the news, she assumed her friend had 'just gone off somewhere.'

'I hope that's right, I hope she's off somewhere,' Cornell said. 'I just hopes she comes back.'

As the people crowded around the shrine to Brandy began to light their candles, a mighty wind blew up where moments before it had been calm. For several minutes, they tried in vain to light a few flames to Brandy's memory on the anniversary of her disappearance.

Eventually, Parent said it was no use and asked them to simply hold the candles high above their heads for a moment. There would be no candlelight at this vigil.

It was a disappointment for sure, but Parent has had many of them in the past year. This was a small problem, she knows. There is a much bigger one out there, one that has been looming over her entire life for a year now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.charleston.net/stories/?newsID=89037&section=localnews (http://www.charleston.net/stories/?newsID=89037&section=localnews)Back to top (http://missingbrandyhanna.com/bulletin_board/viewtopic.php?t=5#top)

pushblazer
06-03-2006, 06:57 PM
One Year Later: The Search For Brandy Hanna Continues

Sunday May 21, 2006 5:53pm

Reporter: Courtney Ward Posted By: Courtney Ward

North Charleston, SC -

It's been a year since a local woman's disappearance and police still have no real leads.

Brandy Hanna’s mother, Donna Parent, clearly remembers the last thing her 32-year-old daughter said to her.

“She reached down and she kissed me and she said ‘Bye Mom I'll see you later’...and that was it.”

But later has turned into a year - one Donna Parent says she’s struggled to get through.

“In one word hell. It's a bad word but that's what it's been. It's been a long, very long nightmare.”

While Parent says no real leads have surfaced...leaving police at a standstill, she continues to post flyers around town and Brandy's pictures on the internet because she says someone has to know something.

Brandy's apartment complex was the last place she was seen before her disappearance. Parent says mother's intuition told her something was wrong that night.

“I felt it here [pointing to her heart] and he can tell you I came home and I told him there's something wrong. It's serious. I have three children but I knew it was her.”

Parent says she sees Brandy in dreams and that whoever was in her daughter's apartment that night got in because Brandy let them in.

“In the dream I kept feeling I'm choking and she has come to me in a dream and she was in my bedroom and she had told me who did it. But I can't prove it.”

And because she can't, Parent won't say who she thinks is behind her daughter's disappearance. But while she's trying to stay positive that her daughter will be found, Parent says with each passing day it gets harder and harder. Right now, she says, she’s not confident that Brandy’s still alive, but that she needs to know for closure.

Parent says on June 1st a billboard of Brandy Hanna will be posted along I-26 and will be moved to other locations around the area for three months.

http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/0506/329690.html (http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/0506/329690.html)

pushblazer
06-03-2006, 06:59 PM
the billboard for Brandy is up The Mayor was pretty much forced to do what he said, with help from a lot of people

pushblazer
06-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Brandy`s website has been updated quiet a bit if you haven`t already check it out http://www.missingbrandyhanna,com

Bobbisangel
06-04-2006, 02:15 AM
Brandy`s website has been updated quiet a bit if you haven`t already check it out http://www.missingbrandyhanna,com

For some reason I can't get that link to work. I've tried several times and it keeps taking me back to the same place.

I wonder if the person in the dream that Brandy tells her mom is the person that murdered her has taken a polygraph? I know for a fact that polygraphs can be beaten...especially by sociopaths because they don't have the emotions that we do. Even if it was just a dream I think I would give the name to LE if it were me. It can't hurt to bring the person in and have a talk with him and ask him to take a poly if he hasn't taken one yet. Who knows, maybe the guy would end up confessing. Did he have an alibi for that time period? It can't hurt for the police to talk to him.

bykerladi
06-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Try this:

The other link has a "comma" in it, so it doesn't work.

Bobbisangel
06-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Try this:

The other link has a "comma" in it, so it doesn't work.

Thanks so much....it works

pushblazer
06-09-2006, 04:22 AM
Sorry I put comma instead of . my mistake. Yes I told the police and he has taken a polygraph and passed, but I don`t believe in the polygraph he himself told me he could beat one. The local police have not put much time at all in investigating this case. The police have talked to him but I was told by the Dect. there was a lot of things in his story that has not added up and they were going to talk to him again. When is a good ?

pushblazer
06-09-2006, 04:25 AM
Brandy`s website has been updated quiet a bit if you haven`t already check it out http://www.missingbrandyhanna.com I put comma instead of .

Bobbisangel
06-10-2006, 03:06 AM
Sorry I put comma instead of . my mistake. Yes I told the police and he has taken a polygraph and passed, but I don`t believe in the polygraph he himself told me he could beat one. The local police have not put much time at all in investigating this case. The police have talked to him but I was told by the Dect. there was a lot of things in his story that has not added up and they were going to talk to him again. When is a good ?

Do the police think that Brandy just left and left everything behind never to return? If they would listen to her family they would understand that she was close to her family...liked her job...no reason for her to just up and leave.

Boy, that guy bothers me. He must have taken polygraphs before and lied and passed to know that he could do that. I hope LE get on the ball and make this guy prove where he was when Brandy went missing. Was this guy a friend of Brandys or just someone that she knew? Was anything missing from her when she disappeared? Had she ever had problems with this guy before?

pushblazer
06-10-2006, 08:14 PM
This Is The Guy That Lived With Brandy For A Short Period Of Time And Moved Her To This Neighborhood Even Tho I Begged Him Not To. Once He Moved Her There He Went Back To His Wife After Being Separated For Almost A Year. But Even After He Went Back To His Wife He Continued To See Brandy. Brandy Was Sick Of Playing The Other Woman It Was Not For Her And She Told Him So.

The Only Thing Missing From Her Apartment Was Her And Her New Cellphone I Had Got Her 2 Days Prior And The Phone Has Not Been Used Since That Night.

The Police Have Did Very Little On This Case And Did Not Even Process Her Apt. All The Dect. Did Was Walk Thru.

Bobbisangel
06-15-2006, 02:50 AM
This Is The Guy That Lived With Brandy For A Short Period Of Time And Moved Her To This Neighborhood Even Tho I Begged Him Not To. Once He Moved Her There He Went Back To His Wife After Being Separated For Almost A Year. But Even After He Went Back To His Wife He Continued To See Brandy. Brandy Was Sick Of Playing The Other Woman It Was Not For Her And She Told Him So.

The Only Thing Missing From Her Apartment Was Her And Her New Cellphone I Had Got Her 2 Days Prior And The Phone Has Not Been Used Since That Night.

The Police Have Did Very Little On This Case And Did Not Even Process Her Apt. All The Dect. Did Was Walk Thru.

Do you think that the guy planned to keep both of the women on a string and he didn't like it when Brandy let him know that she wasn't playing his game any longer? Could he have done something to her? Some men are bound and determined not to let go and the woman pays a huge price when she trys to break free. I'll never understand it but there are a lot of men like that. That is what happened to my daughter. It was her ex-husband that murdered her. Do you think by any chance that he was the person that had called Brandy at work that last day and made her angry. She made a remark to a older male customer about the call if I remember right. I'm just wondering if maybe he didn't call her after she got home or later in the evening and talked her into going for a ride to talk or something. She took her phone with her so that may have given her a feeling of false security.

What in the world is wrong with those cops :furious: They should have gone through her apt and looked at it as a crime scene or at least a possible crime scene. After all this time do they still have the same attitude as they did in the beginning? If they would have just listened to you they would have known that Brandy would never just walk away and not look back. That is the impression that I have gotten anyway. When a person is close to their family and likes their job they would never leave without saying something first.

I wonder if the cops ever looked at that guy's car for evidence. Probably not huh! Had he ever gotten rough with Brandy or threatening in any way? Did you tell the cops that the guy said that he could beat a poly?

I've kept track of this case since the beginning. Something about Brandy just touched my heart. I hope and pray that she is somewhere safe. This married man really bothers me though. I hope that you get some good news soon. You and Brandy will be in my prayes until she comes home.

I believe in dreams and that Brandy was trying to tell you something. I believe that our children's spirits are still with us even after they are gone. Some people scoff at that but since losing my daughter I am a believer in guardian angels. I know the things that happened in my home weren't my imagination. I have proof cause I was there ;)

pushblazer
06-20-2006, 05:57 PM
I Still Sit Here And Wonder Where My Little Girl Is. Monica Caison Founder Of Cue Of Wilmington, North Carolina Just Completed A 8 Day 16 State Tour For The Missing Trying To Get Some Life Into These Cold Cases. Brandy`s Rally Was 6/16/2006. I Emailed Our Mayor, Chief Of Police,daily. On Thursday The Day Before The Rally I Personally Called Them And The Detective Jourdan Who Is Suppose To Be In Charge Of This Case And He Told Me He Would Be There. Not One Of Them Showed Up I Had A Good Turn Out Of Family And Friends But Not One City Official.

I Have Informed The Police What The Boyfriend Said About Passing A Polygraph And I Know He Called Her That Night .i Set Up Her Voicemail So I Heard The Message He Left And He Was Pissed When She Didn`t Answer The Phone.

I Don`t Know How To Get Them To Take This Case Serious. She Has Not Been Heard From In 13 Months I Still Have All Her Clothes,household Items, W2-forms For Last Year. None Of Her Friends Have Heard From Her. Brandy Was A Quite Person. Stayed At Home Was A Homebody. Neither Her Ex Or The Current Boyfriend Ever Offered To Lend A Hand As Far As Searching For Her Raising Money For A Reward Or Even Seemed Concerned She Was Missing.

This Has Been A Horrible Nightmare That Will Not End. I Reach Certain Points And Then I Don`t Know Where To Go From There.right Now I Don`t Know What To Do Next All I Do No Is I Will Not Give Up On Brandy. I Cannot Rest Til I Know What Happened That Horrible Night Someone Took Her From Me. I Can`t She Is My Child If I Don`t Look For Her Who Will, Not The People I Thought Was Their Job. They Have Made It Obvious They Don`t Care So Who Does?

pushblazer
06-20-2006, 06:00 PM
TIM HAS ALL THE STORIES POSTED ON BRANDY`S WEBSITE HE HAS DID A GREAT JOB KEEPING IT CURRENT. http://www.missingbrandyhanna.com

Bobbisangel
06-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I Still Sit Here And Wonder Where My Little Girl Is. Monica Caison Founder Of Cue Of Wilmington, North Carolina Just Completed A 8 Day 16 State Tour For The Missing Trying To Get Some Life Into These Cold Cases. Brandy`s Rally Was 6/16/2006. I Emailed Our Mayor, Chief Of Police,daily. On Thursday The Day Before The Rally I Personally Called Them And The Detective Jourdan Who Is Suppose To Be In Charge Of This Case And He Told Me He Would Be There. Not One Of Them Showed Up I Had A Good Turn Out Of Family And Friends But Not One City Official.

I Have Informed The Police What The Boyfriend Said About Passing A Polygraph And I Know He Called Her That Night .i Set Up Her Voicemail So I Heard The Message He Left And He Was Pissed When She Didn`t Answer The Phone.

I Don`t Know How To Get Them To Take This Case Serious. She Has Not Been Heard From In 13 Months I Still Have All Her Clothes,household Items, W2-forms For Last Year. None Of Her Friends Have Heard From Her. Brandy Was A Quite Person. Stayed At Home Was A Homebody. Neither Her Ex Or The Current Boyfriend Ever Offered To Lend A Hand As Far As Searching For Her Raising Money For A Reward Or Even Seemed Concerned She Was Missing.

This Has Been A Horrible Nightmare That Will Not End. I Reach Certain Points And Then I Don`t Know Where To Go From There.right Now I Don`t Know What To Do Next All I Do No Is I Will Not Give Up On Brandy. I Cannot Rest Til I Know What Happened That Horrible Night Someone Took Her From Me. I Can`t She Is My Child If I Don`t Look For Her Who Will, Not The People I Thought Was Their Job. They Have Made It Obvious They Don`t Care So Who Does?

I wonder if that ex-boyfriend left that message when Brandy was at the store or something and later stopped by after she had returned? Does her answering machine give a time that the call came in? I'll bet that was him that called Brandy at work that last day. It doesn't sound like there was any one else causing her problems.

You would have thought that even one person from LE could have shown up at the Rally. At least for a little while.

I can't imagine being in your shoes and not knowing where my daughter was for this long. Is there one certain detective that you have contact with...like the lead detective of your case? Did they ever do searches at first anyway? Our lead detective and I used to put our heads together and try to think of things to do to catch my daughter's killer who was on the run for 8 years before he got caught. There were times that we just ran out of ideas. It's hard when there are no leads to follow.

Is that guy still with his wife? I wonder if he has the same car that he was driving when him and Brandy were seeing each other. If he does then LE should take that car and check it out. If there was blood in the car and he cleaned it up they would still find traces of it that he probably didn't notice.
LE could check it out and see what he was driving then. They could at least check that vehicle over.

I don't know how pushy you have gotten with LE but I know myself well enough to know that if it were me and I didn't feel LE was doing anything I would be down at that station on a daily basis. They would get so sick of looking at me that they would do something just to shut me up. Did you play the recording that the guy left for LE?

pushblazer
07-02-2006, 11:17 AM
The so called lead Detective has not touched this case since last August. This is not rumor, this is what he told the newspaper reporter. Other detectives have talked to him about turning the case over to them so far he hasn`t. I have many friends on the Police Dept. they cannot believe he has done nothing and the Mayor and Chief of Police won`t do anything. He claims there are no leads or clues, that might be due to the fact they never did an investigation. It took me a week to get a Detective to talk to me. I tried to report her missing they would not take the report because of her age. A full investigation has never been done. The Detective in charge of Brandy`s case is now with the FBI Taskforce. He personally told me when I called him he would be at the Rally yes he LIED again. I have done everything I know to get them to do something, anything, I don`t know what will convince them something happened to Brandy Hanna that night.

Kelly
07-02-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm so sorry, Donna.

You probably already have gone to the governor and state's attorney general with this, correct?

pushblazer
07-05-2006, 09:52 PM
I have contacted all my Senators ,the Govenor, The FBI, The state Attorney General`s office. I called the Charleston County Sheriff`s Office today I am going to ask them to take over this case. I talk to County officers all the time in the Restaurant about Brandy and I have been scared to make the move to County just the fear of starting all over.After the Rally I realize starting over is better than just doing nothing as North Charleston has been doing for Months. Charleston County will work the case, but I have always been told I`m the one who has to make the first move and I did that today. Nobody wants to step on anybodies toes so to speak. All I want is answers to Where is Brandy? As her Mother I`m not worried anymore about their feelings they sure haven`t worried about mine or Brandy`s. I`m sure there will be some hurdles to cross, but the one thing I know where my children are concerned, I will take on anybody. I do not know how this Detective can still feel he has done his job. He has lied to me time after time ,there will be no more.

Bobbisangel
07-08-2006, 02:20 AM
Keep us posted on how they do with the investigation. Make sure that you tell them everything about that married boyfriend and the voicemail and what he said about passing a polygraph. I think he is the guy that they should really look at. I hope that they will also take a look at his vehicle if he has the same one he did when Brandy disappeared. I really think that he is the key to Brandy's disappearance. Nothing else makes any sense. It is just to darn bad that LE didn't do their jobs in the first place. When a person disappeares it shouldn't make a diffenence how old they are but I know that it does to LE. But when that person isn't in the habit of just taking off and not calling their family especially when they are close to their family you know that something isn't right. I hope you make some headway this time.

pushblazer
07-17-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm so sorry, Donna.

You probably already have gone to the governor and state's attorney general with this, correct? I have contacted the govenor,state attorney general, Lieutinant govenor, all my senators, all my legislators. The Govenors office called me said they could not do anything I had to deal with the local Authorities this was my second try with them in the LAST year. I have contacted SLED, the FBI.

pushblazer
07-17-2006, 06:23 PM
As I was cleaning house today I came across the postcard I received from America`s Most Wanted. I had sent all the info the site ask for in July of 2005 and this was their 2nd response card dated Sept.05/ 05. Thank you for writing to America`s Most Wanted.We want to let you know we didn`t forget about you . Your letter deserves our personal attention but it may take a little time because we receive so many letters each day. Your patience is appreciated,and we look forward to being in touch with you soon. Can someone tell me how long is a little time and when is soon? Its been a little over 10 months since I`ve heard from America`s Most Wanted how long am I suppose to be patient, my patience is wearing thin.

My sister Yvonne wrote this note when she signed Brandy`s Petition.
America`s Most Wanted . You are bigger than Life.You are a name well known. When you are around things tend to happen . Its not only the high profile cases that need help. Please Mr. Walsh remember where you came from and what happened, you have to have resolution of some sort. Your attention here in Charleston,S.C. would be greatly appreciated in Brandy`s case. Maybe you are what it will take to end this never ending nightmare.God gave you the Voice and Wisdom so please use it for all of us not just some.:furious:

Bobbisangel
07-17-2006, 06:56 PM
If that reached the eyes of John Walsh he should have stood up and taken notice. I can remember how frustrated he was with LE and the things that he did to try and get them to find Adam. I know that they have to get tons of letters and emails daily but some of the stuff that they do on the show could have waited. Some of the cases they have profiled have been all over the media for weeks on end and probably seen across the nation.

We were very fortunate to get my daughter's case on AMW but it was our lead detective that pushed to get it aired. I'm from a small town with one main street. We don't have a lot of murders here but thank God we have an excellant LE. They did everything that was possible to find her killer. I wish that you had the same kind of LE in your town and a lead detective that was devoted to finding Brandy and what happened to her. It just ticks me off. All it takes is one detective that is determined to find your daughter...just one.

Is there anyone that you would like me to write to? I'm more than willing and would be happy to try and help get someone's attention. How about your local LE? Got the name and email address of the lead detective? I write a pretty good letter and wouldn't be snotty or anything. Just let me know. You can PM me if you want.

concernedperson
07-17-2006, 07:55 PM
As I was cleaning house today I came across the postcard I received from America`s Most Wanted. I had sent all the info the site ask for in July of 2005 and this was their 2nd response card dated Sept.05/ 05. Thank you for writing to America`s Most Wanted.We want to let you know we didn`t forget about you . Your letter deserves our personal attention but it may take a little time because we receive so many letters each day. Your patience is appreciated,and we look forward to being in touch with you soon. Can someone tell me how long is a little time and when is soon? Its been a little over 10 months since I`ve heard from America`s Most Wanted how long am I suppose to be patient, my patience is wearing thin.

America`s Most Wanted . You are bigger than Life.You are a name well known. When you are around things tend to happen . Its not only the high profile cases that need help. Please Mr. Walsh remember where you came from and what happened, you have to have resolution of some sort. Your attention here in Charleston,S.C. would be greatly appreciated in Brandy`s case. Maybe you are what it will take to end this never ending nightmare.God gave you the Voice and Wisdom so please use it for all of us not just some.:furious:

I don't know how I could have missed this thread. I am here everyday. But, I am not apprised. I have a new peer on my job site that is former LE. He is still going to cases from 2 years ago in court. I told him my passion and he has vowed to help me.

Even though we are involved in commercial enterprises he and I don't stop when there are missing and murdered.Especially sex offenders.

If you could give a synopsis that is printable I will try to get this info out. Bless you and your hardship is now given to others to try and help.

pushblazer
07-17-2006, 09:02 PM
If that reached the eyes of John Walsh he should have stood up and taken notice. I can remember how frustrated he was with LE and the things that he did to try and get them to find Adam. I know that they have to get tons of letters and emails daily but some of the stuff that they do on the show could have waited. Some of the cases they have profiled have been all over the media for weeks on end and probably seen across the nation.

We were very fortunate to get my daughter's case on AMW but it was our lead detective that pushed to get it aired. I'm from a small town with one main street. We don't have a lot of murders here but thank God we have an excellant LE. They did everything that was possible to find her killer. I wish that you had the same kind of LE in your town and a lead detective that was devoted to finding Brandy and what happened to her. It just ticks me off. All it takes is one detective that is determined to find your daughter...just one.

Is there anyone that you would like me to write to? I'm more than willing and would be happy to try and help get someone's attention. How about your local LE? Got the name and email address of the lead detective? I write a pretty good letter and wouldn't be snotty or anything. Just let me know. You can PM me if you want. I think Mr. Walsh needs to remember what it was like when his son went Missing and all he went thru the Lead Detective has never given me his email. I cannot even get him to return my calls so I call him repeatly I ask the Detective to help me with this he said he would but he didn`t.

pushblazer
07-17-2006, 09:06 PM
I don't know how I could have missed this thread. I am here everyday. But, I am not apprised. I have a new peer on my job site that is former LE. He is still going to cases from 2 years ago in court. I told him my passion and he has vowed to help me.

Even though we are involved in commercial enterprises he and I don't stop when there are missing and murdered.Especially sex offenders.

If you could give a synopsis that is printable I will try to get this info out. Bless you and your hardship is now given to others to try and help. I have a website for Brandy with all the newspaper articles and info http://www.missingbrandyhanna.com

pushblazer
07-18-2006, 09:02 PM
I received this response today from America`s Most Wanted. I tried to call but did not receive an answer will try earlier tomorrow.

Dear Viewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write to America's Most Wanted. We are
so sorry that you have had to wait for a response for such a long length
of time. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-274-6388 and speak with
Operator 2018, so we can discuss this matter.

Sincerely,
Operator 2018

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 5:34 PM
To: amwcontact
Subject: AMW.COM comment

comment_type_id : 2
comment :
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
As I was cleaning house today I came across the postcard I received from
America`s Most Wanted. I had sent all the info the site ask for in July
of 2005 and this was their 2nd response card dated Sept.05/ 05. Thank
you for writing to America`s Most Wanted.We want to let you know we
didn`t forget about you . Your letter deserves our personal attention
but it may take a little time because we receive so many letters each
day. Your patience is appreciated,and we look forward to being in touch
with you soon. Can someone tell me how long is a little time and when is
soon? Its been a little over 10 months since I`ve heard from America`s
Most Wanted how long am I suppose to be patient, my patience is wearing
thin.

America`s Most Wanted . You are bigger than Life.You are a name well
known. When you are around things tend to happen . Its not only the high
profile cases that need help. Please Mr. Walsh remember where you came
from and what happened, you have to have resolution of some sort. Your
attention here in Charleston,S.C. would be greatly appreciated in
Brandy`s case. Maybe you are what it will take to end this never ending
nightmare.God gave you the Voice and Wisdom so please use it for all of
us not just some.

email : pushblazer@comcast.net

Date Entered: 07-17-2006 05:07:13

Bobbisangel
07-20-2006, 03:13 AM
This is great. Maybe you are finally going to make some headway with them. Please keep us posted.

pushblazer
09-18-2006, 06:46 PM
The new Detective who is assisting Detective Jourdan has tried to contact America`s Most Wanted, she has received no response either. We did get a call from Maury Povich show I did a pre interview and was ask why my daughter was different than the rest of the missing persons, now in all honesty how am I suppose to answer this, they are all equally important. Well I answered all their questions and was told the producers would call me back in about 10 minutes was even told she was making a poster about Brandy at that moment. Well I`m still waiting 3 weeks later why do people lie to us and lead us on. Does America realize how bad this situation is becoming. Adults are missing more and more and most of the time its not their choice. Meanwhile we the Family are left with this hollow feeling in our lives and no matter how hard we try there is No one to come to our Rescue There are no counseling teams, no groups to join . So we go it alone and we keep fighting, hoping and praying for the day our child is found so this nightmare will end or will it ever end. I have never had such a helpless feeling I can normally handle anything thrown at me but this is really beating me down this is a fight I`m afraid I`m not going to win.

Lakergirl123
09-19-2006, 11:03 AM
I don't have any words of wisdom, or any thing new suggestions, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you're going through all this.

It shouldn't have to be this hard to look for your daughter.

spclk
09-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Pushblazer, my heart just breaks for you. As a mother I cannot fathom how frustrating it must be to get no response. Could we here at Websleuths email AMW to push them to profile Brandy? I know many of us here would be honored to help in any way we can. At the very least, I will keep you and Brandy in my prayers along with all missing people and their families.

pushblazer
10-01-2006, 03:31 PM
:doh: I do not understand why they will not at least list Brandy as Missing on the site. They could take all the ones that have been recovered in one way or another and I mean know disrespect to these families. But there is quite a few from South Carolina that fit this category. At least give some of the others the chance we all know how many people visit America`s Most Wanted website. I would appreciate anyone that could help me to convince them to at least post Brandy as Missing on their. They have received all the info about her July was a year ago they received the package. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they won`t help me. Thank you all for your prayers and concern a very lonely mother who misses her child.

CuriousAnne
11-16-2006, 07:50 AM
http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/Stories.aspx?section=localnews&tableId=118859&pubDate=11/16/2006

Year and a half later, question stands
Candlelight vigil to ask again, where is Brandy?

She put it off for more than a year, but Donna Parent knew she had to do it. She had to go through her daughter's belongings one more time.

When Brandy Hanna vanished in May 2005, Parent and a friend hastily stored her things. So much going on. Not enough time to think about it. Plus, she couldn't bring herself to do it, she couldn't bear to look at it.

But a few months ago, she could no longer bear not to. She rummaged through all she had left of her first-born and there it was: a tiny ring, something she thought was long gone. Parent slipped the ring on her finger that afternoon, and it's not been off since. Right now, it's all she's got left to hold onto.

Today is Brandy's 34th birthday, and in a few days she will have been missing a year and a half.

more at link...

Kelly
12-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Happy Birthday to Donna, Brandy's mom. Thank you for being such a wonderful mom. May your pain by eased.

Kelly

Rle7
05-23-2008, 12:10 PM
They will light candles, release balloons and silently wonder once again what happened that led them to this sad ceremony.

It has become, unfortunately, a regular event.

Tonight (article dated 5/20/08), the friends and family of Brandy Hanna will hold a vigil to mark the third anniversary of her disappearance. On May 20, 2005, Hanna disappeared from her North Charleston apartment.

Since that time, there have been no answers, no leads, no clues — nothing but the vigils. And Donna Parent, Brandy's mother, always dreads it.

"It's not something you want to do," Parent said, "it's something I have to do. If I don't remind people she's missing, I'm afraid they'll forget."

http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/may/20/vigil_marks_rd_anniversary_womans_disapp41472/

Peki51
11-16-2008, 09:54 AM
http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/nov/16/another_sad_birthday61896/

Today is Brandy Hanna's birthday. Please keep her mother and family members in your thoughts and prayers today and hope that Brandy is found soon so they can have peace and healing.

Peki51
11-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Monday4 the Missing
(http://monday4themissing.blogspot.com)

As time ticks forward, Donna Parent wakes up November 16th knowing it is her daughter's birthday. It won't be a day of usual parties and celebrations for this event. Brandy Hanna has been missing without a trace for over three years.

Brandy had her share of life's ups and downs, but by all indications she was turning a bend in her life, living on her own, although struggling to make ends meet. The day she was reported missing it is stated everything in her apartment looked like she had just stepped out of the room. All her belongings, money, cell phone, even the glass of tea she was drinking was left as if she would be back in a second. It has been three long years and she has not come back to finish that glass of tea.

Each year's events are marked with vigils, candles, prayers, balloon releases, all in order to keep the awareness of Brandy Hanna in the public eye. Donna Parent works tirelessly with organizations to accomplish that goal, and this year she spent the evening paying honor to another missing woman, Alice Donovan. It is the united effort of all family members of missing persons that will keep these cases fresh.

Detectives have followed every lead provided them with no success in finding Brandy. Family and friends do not believe Brandy left her home on her own accord, she did not even own a car, and no one has been named a suspect yet questions still remain as to Brandy's whereabouts and what happened to her on May 20, 2005.

If you believe you have any information regarding this case that will be helpful in this investigation please contact:
North Charleston Police Department at (843) 745-1015

CUE Center for Missing persons along with Porchlight International have helped tremendously with searches and gathering information about Brandy's case.

gaia227
01-30-2009, 01:07 PM
bumping for Brandy. This is one of those cases where it seems like Brandy was just beamed up by aliens - one minute drinking hot tea the next poof, gone.

I hurt for Brandy's mom. She wants to find her daughter so bad. It just isn't fair. It never is.

Tonia
05-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Lowcountry Mother Talks about Missing Child

The pain of a missing child is all too real for a North Charleston mother.

The last time donna parent saw her daughter was back in 2005.

Donna Parent worked side by side with her daughter brandy at Alex’s restaurant.

For close to four years now, Donna has lived with the fact she has no idea what happened to her.

She works six days a week to try and pass the time, but even behind the counter or at a table, the memories of Brandy's disappearance are right in front of her.

“I have a picture of her beside my bed, when I go to sleep I look at her, and I ask the picture where are you?,” said Parent.

A question that right now remains unanswered. May 20th 2005, Brandy left work, her neighbors saw her come home to this apartment. But since then there have been no sign of Brandy.

“It’s like I wish we could back, back in time and change one little thing to make a difference,” said Parent.

Parent continues her search today, handing out flyers and making t-shirts. She says as a mother the thought of giving up never sticks.

North Charleston police say they get calls every now and then on Brandy's case. With limited resources, the department says investigators do whatever is possible to solve these cases.

http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/0509/620715.html

Bobbisangel
05-14-2009, 04:37 PM
If the police department has limited resources why in the world didn't they ask for help when Brandy first disappeared? I believe they have an idea who has harmed Brandy but they just needed to find the evidence to prove it. So in the meantime the killer is walking around free as a bird without a worry of being charged because he is also aware of the limited resources of the PD.

I wish Donna could afford a private investigator. Maybe there would be a chance to put this case to rest then. If I remember right LE didn't do much investigating when Brandy first disappeared. Sounds like laziness more then limited resources to me.

Tonia
05-22-2009, 11:27 AM
More than four years ago, Brandy Hanna disappeared from her North Charleston apartment, a mystery that puzzles police to this day.

This weekend, her family plans to remind everyone she's still missing.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:976246409&start=15

mlatta
05-05-2010, 10:40 AM
There is a candlelight vigil in the works.. will post more as soon as I know...

Patience
07-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Where is Brandy Hanna?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12A_ZHkZcgY

Aphra
07-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm somewhat familiar with the area where Brandy lived because I work at the old Charleston naval base; it's not the best area, as far as I can tell, and I wonder if any of her neighbors have ever been questioned/investigated.

Edited to add: This is a really sad case. I read a little more about it, and I'm wondering about the disturbing phone call that Brandy got the day before her disappearance. Were phone records ever checked? Do they have any idea who Brandy got the call from? That seems like one of the most promising leads.

pushblazer
08-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Brandy Hanna has been Missing over 5 years now the Police still have nothing .

dreamweaver
05-20-2011, 10:49 PM
http://www2.counton2.com/news/2011/may/20/24/search-begin-next-week-missing-person-case-ar-1868909/

Family of missing person Brandi Hanna held a vigil Friday night to commemorate the sixth anniversary of her disappearance.

AND
Parent says the shoe is an exact match to what Brandi wore around May 20, 2005 when she disappeared. Police cannot confirm through physical tests.

imamaze
05-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Search for missing woman turns up new clue (http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979350255)
Brandy Hanna has been missing since 2005, and the case of her disappearance has all but gone cold since 2005. However, all of that changed on Friday. Exactly six years to the date of her disappearance, police recovered a tennis shoe that may be connected directly to Brandy Hanna.
More...

stillwatersc
05-22-2011, 08:19 AM
http://www.live5news.com/story/14689438/big-break-in-hanna-disappearance-a-dna-test-away

Parent has been on an emotional roller coaster since her daughter disappeared May 20, 2005. But with the finding of a shoe blocks away from where Hanna used to live, Parent is almost positive the ride is coming to an end. "The instinct that I had in my gut feeling," says Parent. "Just like the night she disappeared... I knew it was her shoe." Although Parent didn't see the shoe, she says the description from the detective of the colors, size and most importantly the style dating back six years ago means one thing to her.

stillwatersc
05-22-2011, 08:24 AM
She (Brandy's mom) says in February a detective called her and asked if it would be okay if he re-opened her case. "He has been a God-send," says Parent, "he's re-interviewed people and really put his heart and soul into finding her." His investigative work lead to the shoe in a secured area of the Old Navy base.

...Next week, the archaeologist and team of volunteers will travel to North Charleston to conduct a more thorough search of the area, which is within a secure location of the old Navy base. The search is based on investigative information and there is no physical evidence confirming that it is Brandy Hanna’s shoe that was found.

http://www2.counton2.com/news/2011/may/20/26/search-begin-next-week-missing-person-case-ar-1868909/

stillwatersc
05-23-2011, 12:54 PM
They are searching for Brandy today. :candle:

stillwatersc
05-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Search resumes for Brandy today. Interesting that the search is being led by an archaeologist - possibly because Charleston is a historic city and they could find items of historical value or because he can distinguish human from animal remains? Also interesting that the shoe was found by a psychic.

Searchers are expected to resume their hunt on the former Charleston Naval Base this morning for clues to the vexing disappearance of Brandy Hanna, who vanished from her nearby home six years ago. Working under a scorching sun Monday, a team of volunteers led by state archaeologist Jonathan Leader began clearing and searching an area where a tennis shoe recently was found by detectives. Donna Parent, Hanna's mother, has said the white Nike almost certainly belonged to her daughter.
A psychic reportedly led police to the area where the shoe was found.
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/may/24/searching-brandy-shoe-fuels-state-archaeologist-le/

stillwatersc
05-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Nothing was found in the 3 days of searches. Also the shoe was not found by a psychic, but by the new detective working on the case.

Parent says a new detective from North Charleston Police Department took over the investigation in February, and she says it was not the psychic who lead them to search the old Navy Base for clues, but because it was an area that had not been searched before.

http://www.live5news.com/story/14735286/missing-womans-mother-speaks-out-after-latest-investigation

Sleuthster
12-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Bump for Brandy

Any more news about the shoe?

Rle7
05-19-2012, 09:47 PM
bump...

missing 7 years now:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hanna_brandy.html

Claudette
05-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Would be interesting to find out if anyone she knew bought a new car around the time she disappeared. "Want to go for a quick ride in my new car?" - would explain leaving with only her phone. That would be the only reason I would leave with nothing.