PDA

View Full Version : Please Don't be Naive

Jeana (DP)
12-01-2003, 08:58 AM
Trino, I may have read your post incorrectly. Are you saying that Laci Petersen was wrong for trusting her husband? Help me out here.

Camper
03-08-2004, 09:58 AM
My thought wandered around abd came up with - perhaps cell phone technology has not come far enough.

At our funeral this week my 20 year old grand daughter was showing gramma her fancy cell phone.

I observed a few features, sparkling bright blue lights everywhere, shiny, takes pictures, shows pictures, set the ringing you want, teeny weeny size, does lots of tricks. I gave it a special notice but did not get into all of its abilities.

Later in the week we were all in my car and needed to call another relatives car, while we were enroute to meet. Asked grand daughter to call. Grandma, I can't I dropped it and it does not work. Cost of this special phone, $411.00. I dug out my old analog cell phone, which is big enough to hurt someone badly if used as a weapon, and it would still work, and made the call.

If there is a point to my post today, it would be to include something more protective on these phones for the user. Such as an ability to push a button in emergency and it would go flying through the air to the nearest Police Station (or nearest patrol car) into their early warning device box, (having already logged the last location before the emer button was pushed) or, to have a pin to pull that turns it into a hand grenade that explodes luminous yellow paint all over the attacker, hmmm.

Just to have a tool, such as a cell phone will not protect a person if they are not aware of other basic skills, such as being alert to those people within harming range of themselves. Maybe a cell phone should have some protrusions available upon pushing a button, that would provide some owees in special pervert places, hmmm.

Hat pins are still a great defense! Our gorgeous little grand daughter, 8,is progressing with her Tai Kwon Do belt colors, what a champ. She knows how to give good owees sp? now.

smellsarat
03-08-2004, 11:31 AM
My thought wandered around abd came up with - perhaps cell phone technology has not come far enough.

At our funeral this week my 20 year old grand daughter was showing gramma her fancy cell phone.

I observed a few features, sparkling bright blue lights everywhere, shiny, takes pictures, shows pictures, set the ringing you want, teeny weeny size, does lots of tricks. I gave it a special notice but did not get into all of its abilities.

Later in the week we were all in my car and needed to call another relatives car, while we were enroute to meet. Asked grand daughter to call. Grandma, I can't I dropped it and it does not work. Cost of this special phone, $411.00. I dug out my old analog cell phone, which is big enough to hurt someone badly if used as a weapon, and it would still work, and made the call.

If there is a point to my post today, it would be to include something more protective on these phones for the user. Such as an ability to push a button in emergency and it would go flying through the air to the nearest Police Station (or nearest patrol car) into their early warning device box, (having already logged the last location before the emer button was pushed) or, to have a pin to pull that turns it into a hand grenade that explodes luminous yellow paint all over the attacker, hmmm.

Just to have a tool, such as a cell phone will not protect a person if they are not aware of other basic skills, such as being alert to those people within harming range of themselves. Maybe a cell phone should have some protrusions available upon pushing a button, that would provide some owees in special pervert places, hmmm.

Hat pins are still a great defense! Our gorgeous little grand daughter, 8,is progressing with her Tai Kwon Do belt colors, what a champ. She knows how to give good owees sp? now.

Camper that post brought to mind the problems associated with cell phones during the Chuck Stuart case in Boston...Although he called 911 with his cell...(this was some years ago)....The police were unable to locate him when he called and he was unsure where he was.....he reported back to them when he heard their sirens close by to pinpoint his location....Don't think they have perfected this yet!!!

Babcat
03-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Actually...

The report that Dru Sjodin said "Oh no" or "Oh my God" to her boyfriend during that call are false. She never said anything alarming and gave him no reason to believe anything was wrong. The family is not sure how that rumor got started.