PDA

View Full Version : Found Alive NV - AMBER ALERT: Lydia Rupp, 8, Fernley, 22 July 2005

bulletgirl2002
07-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Lydia was abducted at 12:00 p.m. on July 22, 2005 from her home in Fernley, Nevada by Fernando Ayala. A felony warrant was issued for the abductor on July 23, 2005. They may be traveling in a silver-blue Kia Rio with no license plates. They may travel to Reno, Nevada or San Diego, California. The abductor may use the alias last name Aguerro, Gonzales, Pons, or Vega. Lydia has several scars on her left cheek.

http://nvfc.us/content/view/527/1/

fourboys
07-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Amber Alert Issued for 8 Year old Nevada Girl

Posted: Saturday July 23, 2005

The Lion county Sheriff's office and the state of Nevada issued the Amber Alert after the child was abducted Friday.

Lydia Bethany-Rose Rupp 8 year old female. She's 4 feet 9 inches tall, 85 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

The suspect is Aguerro, Fernando P. (AKA Gonzales, Fernando) who is a Hispanic male approximately 48 years of age. He is 6 foot 1 inch tall and 175 pounds. He has black and gray hair and brown eyes. He's slim build with a mustache.

He is driving a blue or silver Kia Rio with no license plates. The direction of travel is unknown. The suspect has relatives in Las Vegas and San Diego.

Anyone with information should call the Lion County Sheriff's office at 775-575-3383 or dial 911.

http://codeamber.org/ruppnv/nv_0723_1023_a...alert_rupp.html (http://codeamber.org/ruppnv/nv_0723_1023_amber_alert_rupp.html)

fourboys
07-23-2005, 04:02 PM
NCMEC POSTER (http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1019431&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US)

bulletgirl2002
07-23-2005, 04:03 PM
I believe. We know who she is with and maybe where she is headed

concernedperson
07-23-2005, 10:40 PM
CNN report

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/23/nevada.missing/index.html

Bobbisangel
07-23-2005, 11:53 PM
CNN report

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/23/nevada.missing/index.html

Another dam sex offender has one of our children. It just goes on day after day.

I hope they find this little girl real soon because if the boyfriend and mother fought over the attention this little girl was receiving then she is probably not his favorite person.....jealous of her.

He took all of the little girl's clothing...all of her pictures and even took her dog with them. You know that mother must be scared spitless. This creep will probably steal a license plate somewhere along the way and he will be harder to spot. If he drives very far without a license plate on his car he'll get pulled over for sure.

I wonder if this mom knew that this guy is a sex offender? Now days a single woman just can't meet a guy and move him in with her and her kids. There are just to many perverts running around. It might cost $30-$40 to have a background check done on a person that you meet and think a relationship might develop but it is worth the money. Actually in this day and age it is better to meet men through friends and family....people who know the guy
and can clue you in if he isn't an ok guy. This gal probably thought this guy was a good guy cause they met in church. There are perverts in church too.

I hope nothing awful happens to this little girl.

Amster
07-24-2005, 02:03 AM
This thread title needs to be corrected. The abduction wasn't "parental". Lydia was taken by the moms live in boyfriend....a sex offender. She met him in April.

englishleigh
07-24-2005, 11:15 AM
This is an adorable little girl...God, please let her be found safely.

All sex offenders who have preyed on children should never be let out of prison!! They need to find a way to keep these monsters away from the general public...poor little Lydia!!

wondering22
07-24-2005, 12:54 PM
This thread title needs to be corrected. The abduction wasn't "parental". Lydia was taken by the moms live in boyfriend....a sex offender. She met him in April.
Why hasn't the title to this thread been edited?

Goodness sakes, this is NOT a "parental" abduction.......

mysteriew
07-24-2005, 06:14 PM
The alert was activated at 4:30 a.m. Saturday for 8-year-old Lydia Bethany-Rose Rupp, deputies said. She’s Hispanic with fair skin, 4 feet 9 inches, 85 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.
The suspect, 47-year-old Fernando P. Aguero, whose aliases include Gonzales, Ayala, Pons and Vega, is described as 6 feet 1 inch, 175 pounds, with brownish-gray eyes and a mustache. authorities said. Deputies said he’s driving a 2001 bluish-gray four-door Kia Rio with no known license plate.

Lyon County Lt. John Arndell said authorities suspect Aguero headed toward Mexico and that he might pass through Las Vegas or San Diego because he has friends and relatives in both cities. Arndell said Aguero served time more than 10 years ago in Los Angeles for lewd and lascivious behavior.
Aguero took the girl’s mother to work at a Scolari’s Food & Drug Company in Fernley at 5:30 a.m. Friday then called her at noon and said he’d be unable to pick her up, deputies said. When the mother returned home at 3 p.m., her daughter and cocker spaniel dog were missing, along with Aguero’s clothes. The mother tried to locate them but after no success, deputies said she reported the abduction at 11:30 p.m.
Deputies said Aguero took all of the identification belonging to the girl and her mother, such as birth certificates and Social Security cards. He also took along all photographs of the child, deputies said.
The mother told deputies she met Aguero three months ago and had little personal information on him but said they recently began arguing about the attention he was giving her daughter. They also argued about whether to move to San Diego.
The state’s Amber Alert Web site, amberalert.nv.gov., said a possible sighting of Aguero was reported late Friday at an auto parts store in Reno, where someone matching his description bought a car battery.
http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2005/07/23/104846.php?sps=rgj.com&sch=LocalNews&sp1=rgj&sp2=News&sp3=Local+News&sp5=RGJ.com&sp6=news&sp7=local_news&jsmultitag=news.rgj.com/news/local

bulletgirl2002
07-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Why hasn't the title to this thread been edited?

Goodness sakes, this is NOT a "parental" abduction.......
It hasn't been edited because it has been too long. You are only allowed 24 hours to edit something and I am not constantly monitoring the computer. Hopefully for Goodness sakes you will feel as I do that this has been put out there in the spirt of letting people know that this child is missing and forgive my mistake.

JDB
07-25-2005, 03:01 PM
GAwd when will it end?? This one hits close to home. As I spend at least a week a year in Fernely. I have a dear friend there. And the Mother I might even know by site. As Scorails is the main store in the city.
Dear Gad please lead someone to this car ASAP. And bring the little girl who is innocent back home.

bulletgirl2002
07-25-2005, 06:01 PM
I heard on the news that they have been spotted by the abductor's family in Mexico..

How much of a reward would bring this girl safely home???? Maybe $5,000?

ewwwinteresting
07-25-2005, 09:00 PM
I heard on the news that they have been spotted by the abductor's family in Mexico..

How much of a reward would bring this girl safely home???? Maybe $5,000?
You are right on track with the reward idea! I am sure someone would turn him in for some amount of money. It is believed that he made a cell phone call over the weekend from Imperial Beach area (close to San Diego/Mexico border) to a relative in Las Vegas stating that the girl was ok. How can this girl be ok being taken away from her mother and dragged across to Mexico with a sex offender????

bulletgirl2002
07-25-2005, 10:23 PM
She will never be ok and neither will her poor mother

wondering22
07-25-2005, 10:27 PM
It hasn't been edited because it has been too long. You are only allowed 24 hours to edit something and I am not constantly monitoring the computer. Hopefully for Goodness sakes you will feel as I do that this has been put out there in the spirt of letting people know that this child is missing and forgive my mistake.
I'm sorry bulletgirl2002 -- I wasn't directing my comments at you; I was frustrated that a moderator hadn't noticed the title - cuz the thread had been up for quite some time --- you got the information out online QUICKLY. I apologize that you felt my frustration was focused upon you, it wasn't.

Turns out that while I was reading your messagethread, the TV showed a close-up of the photograph of this CREEP, the criminal who abducted her, and that's when I heard about him being a past sex offender.

This is simply so sad, the mom must be worried sick, she met this jerk at a CHURCH, and then rented a room to him --- it is just a vile story, so sad. I heard today they believe he is already in Mexico with her, it's just unbelievable.

I hope the authorities locate them post haste and bring that beautiful little girl home POST HASTE.

wondering22
07-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Heads up, everybody -- Greta just announced that she's going to do a segment on Lydia Rupp -- this would be in the last quarter hour of the show.... in case you read my words when only a transcript is available.

mysteriew
07-26-2005, 07:39 PM
A convicted sex offender who authorities believe kidnapped a Fernley 8-year-old was not registered with Lyon County, an official said Monday.

Lt. John Arndell said suspect Fernando Aguero, 47, did not comply with Nevada law requiring him to register as a sex offender and kept his past from 8-year-old Lydia Bethany-Rose Rupp's mother, whom he befriended at church in April.

Authorities say Arguero, who was a roommate, kidnapped Lydia sometime between 6 a.m. when he dropped off her mother at work at Scolari's and 3 p.m. when she returned home. He also took all of Lydia's photographs, some clothing, her birth certificate, Social Security card and the family pet. Arndell believes his intention is to pass Lydia off as his daughter.

Arndell characterized Aguero as a predator who spent time planning the abduction.

"He's the kind of guy who goes around to churches just looking for kids," he speculated.

A warrant has been issued for Aguero's arrest on charges of first-degree kidnapping and bail is set at $1 million.

Just before the abduction, Aguero was trying to convince the mother to move to San Diego with him, Arndell said.

In telephone conversations with his mother Sunday and sister Saturday, both of whom lives in Las Vegas, Aguero allegedly said he was in Tijuana, Mexico, looking for a "Christian family," to leave Lydia with. Arguero didn't offer a motive for the abduction to either relative, Arndell said. He said both women are cooperating with police.

"We believe that she's down in Mexico and we are working with the Mexican and federal authorities to try to get that taken care of," said Lt. Jeff Page.
http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20050726/News/107260019/-1/NEWS

mysteriew
07-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Authorities in Fernley say they can only hope for the best in the case of a missing eight-year-old Fernley girl they say was abducted on Friday by a convicted sex offender.

47-year-old Fernando Aguerro has fled to his native Mexico. He said he would leave Lydia Bethany-Rose Rupp with the first Christian family he found to return her to her mother in Fernley. Aguerro lived with the mother. So far, he has not made good on his promise.

The Amber Alert for the missing girl has been canceled in Nevada, however it does remain active in California.

Bauer and Aguerro had only been dating a few months, and Bauer said she had no idea her boyfriend was a sex offender. http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3640965&nav=8faOcZfs

bulletgirl2002
07-26-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm sorry bulletgirl2002 -- I wasn't directing my comments at you; I was frustrated that a moderator hadn't noticed the title - cuz the thread had been up for quite some time --- you got the information out online QUICKLY. I apologize that you felt my frustration was focused upon you, it wasn't.

Turns out that while I was reading your messagethread, the TV showed a close-up of the photograph of this CREEP, the criminal who abducted her, and that's when I heard about him being a past sex offender.

This is simply so sad, the mom must be worried sick, she met this jerk at a CHURCH, and then rented a room to him --- it is just a vile story, so sad. I heard today they believe he is already in Mexico with her, it's just unbelievable.

I hope the authorities locate them post haste and bring that beautiful little girl home POST HASTE.

I was in a hurry because I felt that this was a child that could be found if there was enough attention on it and I was posting to as many places as fast as I could. I think she will be found. Thankfully this is getting some national attention.

JDB
07-26-2005, 08:30 PM
I spoke to my friend in Fernly last night.She told me the Lyon County Sheriffs did not mess around once the report was filed. She was woken up at 6:00 Am on the 23rd. by the dept. telling her what had happened.She did ask is this SOP and they told her yes. And that everyone in Frenley was getting a call.And for all of us who says it can not happen in my little town.Fernley might have 25.000 people.

ewwwinteresting
07-27-2005, 05:51 AM
I heard today they believe he is already in Mexico with her, it's just unbelievable.

I can't believe this guy got across the border in San Diego with an Amber Alert posted all over the freeways. Is the border patrol unaware of Amber Alerts? Do they not have access to the information of a certain type of vehicle they should be looking for?

shdbepaintin
07-28-2005, 10:16 AM
http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3640965&nav=8faOcZfs
found this today. What happened to the monster going to give the little girl to the first christian family he came across.
I sure hope this has a happy ending.

jannuncutt
07-28-2005, 04:29 PM
First of all, please understand that am praying for both daughter and Mother. However, for the life of me I can't figure out whether the Mother was desperate or just plain stupid. No, she didn't know that this guy was a sexual offender - she knew nothing about him. Why have some called the guy her roommate when he was her boyfriend? My God - she let a strange man(that she met in April) move into her house and left her daughter in his care !!!! She was warned by her Pastor and church members that the man was paying way too much attention to her little girl. She said that he liked spending time with her daughter more than he liked spending it with her. I hope and pray that this darling little girl makes it safely back home to her Mother. I just don't understand how this Mother could let this man have such access to her daughter. I am sorry but, she did all of the things we tell mothers not to do to protect their children from sexual predators.

bulletgirl2002
07-28-2005, 06:43 PM
First of all, please understand that am praying for both daughter and Mother. However, for the life of me I can't figure out whether the Mother was desperate or just plain stupid. No, she didn't know that this guy was a sexual offender - she knew nothing about him. Why have some called the guy her roommate when he was her boyfriend? My God - she let a strange man(that she met in April) move into her house and left her daughter in his care !!!! She was warned by her Pastor and church members that the man was paying way too much attention to her little girl. She said that he liked spending time with her daughter more than he liked spending it with her. I hope and pray that this darling little girl makes it safely back home to her Mother. I just don't understand how this Mother could let this man have such access to her daughter. I am sorry but, she did all of the things we tell mothers not to do to protect their children from sexual predators.
I agree and am sure that the mother agrees too and is having to pay dearly for her mistake. You know about hindsight being 20/20 though.

shdbepaintin
07-29-2005, 11:50 AM
http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/1743782.html
No new news. This one really gets to me. My heart just aches. How frustrating, knowing who has her, and now out of the country and doing God knows what to the child, and what can be done? I pray that the angel that was with Shasta is with this baby and someone finds her and brings her home.
Shdbepaintin
Vicki in Indy

jannuncutt
07-29-2005, 12:26 PM
http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/1743782.html
I pray that the angel that was with Shasta is with this baby and someone finds her and brings her home.
Shdbepaintin
Vicki in Indy That was lovely..............I share the same prayer.

Cheetah
07-30-2005, 01:46 AM
Lydia Rupp has been found alive!

"The Lyon County sheriff's office confirms 8-year-old Lydia Rupp was found Friday night in Mexico. Her alleged kidnapper, Fernando Aguero was arrested Friday night in Tijuana, Mexico."

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3660187&nav=168Xcl3j

KT Can
07-30-2005, 01:50 AM
This is awesome news!!!!! Thank goodness that this has a positive ending.

mysteriew
07-30-2005, 02:03 AM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/mysteriew/happy/good-news_animated.gif

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/mysteriew/happy/granny.gif

angarella
07-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Thank God for at least one happy ending! :clap: :woohoo:

englishleigh
07-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Oh, thank GOD!!! Many prayers were responsible for this....I'm so happy for Lydia and for her mom!! :) :) :)

shdbepaintin
07-30-2005, 10:29 AM
This is the best news. Thank God.
Shdbepaintin
Vicki in Indy

CCD
07-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Amber Alert Canceled for 8 Year old Nevada Girl
Posted: Saturday July 23, 2005 10:06 AM CT
Updated: Saturday July 30, 2005 12:33 AM CT

The Lion county Sheriff's office and the state of Nevada canceled the Amber Alert late Friday night after the girl was found in Ensonata, Mexico. The suspect is in custody.

Lydia Bethany-Rose Rupp 8 year old female. She's 4 feet 9 inches tall, 85 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

The suspect is Aguerro, Fernando P. (AKA Gonzales, Fernando) who is a Hispanic male approximately 48 years of age. He is 6 foot 1 inch tall and 175 pounds. He has black and gray hair and brown eyes. He's slim build with a mustache.

He is driving a blue or silver Kia Rio with no license plates. The direction of travel is unknown. The suspect has relatives in Las Vegas and San Diego.

Thank Goodness we found this girl before something more sinister occured. Too bad we don't see this more often.

angelmom
07-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Unbelievable. I am so glad she's alive. I hope the theory that he wanted to raise her as his own is true and that he didn't harm her. The news sounds good so far. Thank you God!

Between Lydia and Shasta I hope people will really start taking the Amber Alerts very seriously and pay attention to all the details now that it is very clear that they can save a life.

mysteriew
07-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Mexican authorities detained yesterday a convicted sex offender and the 8-year-old Nevada girl he is suspected of kidnapping from her mother's home after receiving a tip that the two were at an Ensenada homeless shelter.

Alfredo Arenas, chief of the State Preventive Police's international liaison unit, said they hoped to hand over Lydia Bethany-Rose Rupp to U.S authorities by this morning.

The girl and Fernando Aguero, 47, first were to be interviewed by investigators at the Baja California Attorney General's Office, he said. Arenas said it was unclear whether Aguero would face charges in Mexico or be deported quickly to the United States.

Yesterday, "a woman who runs a homeless shelter in Ensenada called to say that a man and child were there who looked like the ones on the poster," Arenas said.

Lydia "looked very confused and shocked about what was going on," Arenas said. He said the girl hadn't yet been asked whether she was sexually assaulted by Aguero in either the United States or Mexico, because "we need a specially trained person to talk to the minor."

Arenas said Lydia appeared to be clean and well-cared-for and showed no signs of trauma. He said she may undergo a medical exam in Mexico. http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/tijuana/20050730-9999-7m30kidnap.html

mysteriew
07-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Lydia’s mother — Carmen Bauer — said she received word Friday that the girl is in the safe custody of unspecified Mexican authorities.
“I am very happy,” Bauer said. “I am all out of breath. It is very exciting.”
Bauer said Lydia may be in Mexico for a few days before she is brought back to Fernley.
She planned to fly to Mexico early this morning.
http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2005/07/30/105334.php?sps=&sch=&sp1=leader-courier&sp2=Leader-Courier&sp3=Fernley&sp5=theLeader-Courier.com&sp6=news&sp7=news_front

bulletgirl2002
07-30-2005, 05:36 PM
I always had a good feeling that she would be found :)

mysteriew
07-30-2005, 07:48 PM
"All I want to do right now is get the girl to mom. That's all I care about right now," Sheriff's Capt. Jeff Page said. "Aguerro? I could give a (expletive) less about him. He is a predator and con man that manipulated and eyeballed a single mother. Our priority is Lydia's safety."

On Tuesday, Lydia's mother said she had been having second thoughts about the man she was considering marrying, but did not learn that he was a convicted sex offender until he and her daughter disappeared.

"I can't believe I fell into the trap and almost made the biggest mistake of my life. I put my kids in danger, I put everyone in danger," Carmen Bauer said.

The Rev. Matt McCreary, who ministered to Lydia's family for more than a decade, said he and other church members confronted the mother last week because they feared that Aguerro and Lydia were becoming "too close."

McCreary, who heads Living Faith Christian Fellowship in Fernley, said Aguerro was aware the girl's mother wanted him to leave. http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Jul-30-Sat-2005/news/26969295.html

Casshew
07-30-2005, 07:56 PM
On Tuesday, Lydia's mother said she had been having second thoughts about the man she was considering marrying, but did not learn that he was a convicted sex offender until he and her daughter disappeared.

"I can't believe I fell into the trap and almost made the biggest mistake of my life. I put my kids in danger, I put everyone in danger," Carmen Bauer said.

Scary stuff ~ it is hard to believe this little girl did not suffer sexual abuse before or after the abduction :(

mysteriew
07-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Scary stuff ~ it is hard to believe this little girl did not suffer sexual abuse before or after the abduction :(

She didn't? The last article I read said that they hadn't asked her yet. That is unbelievable!

gardenmom
07-31-2005, 02:02 AM
Thank God she is found alive.

OriginalJerseyGirl
07-31-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm so happy that she's been found! Her and her mom looked so happy on the news, it gave me goose-bumps. Mom, hold her tight and don't let her go!!!

lady-eowyn
07-31-2005, 02:13 PM
According to this article (link below) she did:(

Officials in Mexico and the United States said the girl was sexually assaulted by Fernando Aguerro, who is accused of kidnapping her from her home near Reno on July 22.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/31/AR2005073100125.html
(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/31/AR2005073100125.html)

mysteriew
07-31-2005, 07:10 PM
A Fernley girl found safe in Mexico a week after a convicted sex offender allegedly abducted her is due home today, but Mexican officials may want to keep the suspect for years, an investigator said Saturday.
Mexican officials have indicated they may sentence suspect Fernando Aguerro to 38 years in the Mexican prison system for the alleged abduction of 8-year-old Lydia Bethany-Rose Rupp on July 22, said Lyon County Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Page.
Though Aguerro has not been found guilty of any crimes, Mexican authorities have indicated they would like to sentence Aguerro within 7 to 14 days, Page said in a telephone interview from Tijuana.
“They do things differently ...,” Page said of the criminal justice system in Mexico, where lawmen held a news conference Saturday in Tijuana. A handcuffed Aguerro — his head down — appeared before the TV cameras while two law enforcement officers dressed in masked hoods and black SWAT-like jumpsuits held him by the arms.
http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2005/07/30/105377.php?sps=rgj.com&sch=LocalNews&sp1=rgj&sp2=News&sp3=Local+News&sp5=RGJ.com&sp6=news&sp7=local_news

mysteriew
07-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Mexican authorities said yesterday that he had sexually abused her. He faces a kidnapping charge and three counts of rape. If convicted, Aguerro could spend as much as 38 years in prison, said Baja California Attorney General Antonio Martinez Luna. But he added that he doesn't expect Aguerro to ever leave a prison cell.

"When he's done, he'll be transferred to the United States so he can serve time there," Martinez Luna said. "A life sentence seems like too little for this individual."

U.S. authorities said they would meet with Mexican officials tomorrow to determine whether Aguerro would be extradited. Many expressed their indifference as to where he spends his jail time.

"Have you ever been in a Mexican prison?" said Capt. Jeff Page of the Lyon County Sheriff's Department in Nevada. "He's much better in a Mexican prison."

Lydia's mother, Carmen Bauer, flew to San Diego yesterday and rejoined her daughter in Tijuana.

After expressing her gratitude to various law enforcement agencies during a news conference in Tijuana earlier in the day, Bauer became distraught when an official described Aguerro "as the person who on numerous occasions abused her" daughter. She stood up and turned away, crying.

It was the first time she had heard definitive details about the abuse, said Page, who accompanied Bauer to San Diego.

Martinez Luna, the Baja attorney general, said a medical examination indicated rape and so did interviews with Lydia and Aguerro. He said Aguerro had confessed to the crimes.

Authorities said the assaults began four months ago in Nevada and continued during their stay in Mexico. http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20050731-9999-1m31girl.html

concernedperson
07-31-2005, 07:31 PM
This guy should never see the light of day. Keep him in prison forever or there will be more victims. They don't stop, they just get more creative.

blueclouds
07-31-2005, 09:27 PM
Oh, I'm so relieved. I saw this story on AMW last night and was so worried for that little sweet darling.

Personally - keep his hiney in Mexican prison for all I care - he'll be treated a lottttttttttttttttttttttt worse there than here. In Mexico you have very very few prisoner rights. Let they keep him.

Tom'sGirl
07-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Mexican authorities said yesterday that he had sexually abused her. He faces a kidnapping charge and three counts of rape. If convicted, Aguerro could spend as much as 38 years in prison, said Baja California Attorney General Antonio Martinez Luna. But he added that he doesn't expect Aguerro to ever leave a prison cell.

"When he's done, he'll be transferred to the United States so he can serve time there," Martinez Luna said. "A life sentence seems like too little for this individual."

U.S. authorities said they would meet with Mexican officials tomorrow to determine whether Aguerro would be extradited. Many expressed their indifference as to where he spends his jail time.

"Have you ever been in a Mexican prison?" said Capt. Jeff Page of the Lyon County Sheriff's Department in Nevada. "He's much better in a Mexican prison."

Lydia's mother, Carmen Bauer, flew to San Diego yesterday and rejoined her daughter in Tijuana.

After expressing her gratitude to various law enforcement agencies during a news conference in Tijuana earlier in the day, Bauer became distraught when an official described Aguerro "as the person who on numerous occasions abused her" daughter. She stood up and turned away, crying.

It was the first time she had heard definitive details about the abuse, said Page, who accompanied Bauer to San Diego.

Martinez Luna, the Baja attorney general, said a medical examination indicated rape and so did interviews with Lydia and Aguerro. He said Aguerro had confessed to the crimes.

Authorities said the assaults began four months ago in Nevada and continued during their stay in Mexico. http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20050731-9999-1m31girl.htmlGood grief, so he must have started assulting her when he moved into the home huh :confused:

I think the mother had said he moved in four months ago, but then I heard it was in April. So, did he start doing this before he actually moved in??????

ShowerSinger
08-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Yet another wake-up call for justice. Sickos like this SOB should never, EVER again see the light of day. Parents have a responsibility to take care of their children! This poor child didn't deserve this. Laws HAVE to change to protect our future! She was spared, so many others are not.
Praying for this sweet child.
Praying for JUSTICE!
THESE evil-doers should not be in our civilized society, ever! Insist upon your congressmen to pass tougher laws.

God bless you sweet Lydia. So sorry society failed you.

mysteriew
08-07-2005, 09:13 PM
After news unfolded of the alleged kidnapping of Lydia Bethany-Rose Rupp to Mexico, members of the Fernley community, from the Girls Scouts and Lions Club to businesses and individuals, sought ways to help Lydia’s mother, Carmen Bauer, persevere.

Treion Dally of the Crisis Pregnancy Center in Fernley quickly established a trust fund for Bauer and Rupp at the Wells Fargo Bank, Fernley Branch, where community members poised to donate could contribute to the fund.

http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2005/08/07/105884.php?sps=rgj.com&sch=LocalNews&sp1=rgj&sp2=News&sp3=Local+News&sp5=RGJ.com&sp6=news&sp7=local_news