Up2theminute
08-18-2003, 05:28 AM
Audrey May Herron
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 29, 2002 from Catskill, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: October 4, 1970
Height and Weight: 5'0, 105 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair, hazel eyes. Herron may wear eyeglasses. She has a scar on her right thumb that also covers a portion of her hand, and a mole on her right knee. Herron is petite. Details of disappearance here (http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/herron_audrey.html)

victorian
08-30-2003, 10:11 AM
http://www.msnbc.com/local/WNYT/M321904.asp?0LA=adx9n

Vanished one year ago today.

mindys
08-30-2003, 10:33 AM
This is heart wrenching. These children need to know what happened.

camsmom
08-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Why didn't we hear about this in the media?

hockeymom
08-31-2003, 08:19 AM
This is about an hour from me. It was featured in our local newspaper today,and got some publicity when it 1st happened but I don't think it went national.
Is there an Amber alert for grown ups?

Searching for Audrey
09-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Audrey is my dear friend & I have been searching desperately for answers to what may have happened to her. I happened upon your forum due to the link Doyle posted to Audrey's site.
There are so many missing...To think that Audrey has crossed your path & left her mark...it is greatly appreciated that you have taken the time to post her case. It has been a year & we still have no answers...
Our best efforts to keep her face out there are burdened by this. If we could just find the Jeep...There are so many out there that still do not even know she is missing. It is a battle each day.
We just marked the 1 year anniversary of her disppearance...heart-breaking for us all. Those interested may view photos from the vigil on her site.
I want to thank you for keeping Audrey out there...
God Bless.

Help us find Audrey...Purchase a Lipstick of Hope
Details: http://audreymayherron.expage.com

Doyle
09-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Searching For Audrey,

You are a great and loyal friend for Audrey. We should all be so lucky as to have friends like you.

If there is anything we could do to help, please let us know...

mindys
09-06-2003, 12:35 AM
I am going back to look at the particulars again.

You know, I am willing to post her flyer around all the places I go in my State (not NY) that are near main highways. I'm on the road taking my kids here and there at some point of each day.

I will put her info on my email sig.

You are right, they need to find the Jeep.

Doyle
09-06-2003, 12:42 AM
Family launched website also.
http://www.findaudrey.org/

mindys
09-06-2003, 01:02 AM
THANK YOU Doyle. You rock!

mindys
09-06-2003, 01:19 AM
Here is a bit more of the story:

http://www.findaudrey.org/textfiles/TU_03-19-03.htm

mindys
09-06-2003, 01:25 AM
I wonder if all the storage units in the area and the surrounding areas have been checked. A person could hide a vehicle in one of those for a real long time, right?

Doyle
09-06-2003, 02:25 AM
I wonder why they want to polygraph the husband again. If he passed once, why would he need another? Or did he pass?

The trouble is the suv could be anywhere in a storage unit as Mindy suggests, or under water somewhere, or in some building anywhere, or dismantled, or out of state. It could be anywhere.

There doesn't seem to be any leads at all.

very frustrating!

not wanting to be disrespectful, but is there any talk of an affair, by her or the husband that could figure into this?

Searching for Audrey
09-08-2003, 12:15 PM
Thank you, Doyle for your comments & Mindy for posting the family website. The article you chose to post as well...The husband has been under suspect as per usual of any case of this kind. He took one polygraph but during so, his father pulled him from it & his lawyers have put a stop to anything further. To my knowledge Jeff (Aud's Husband) had been coopperative to a point. But many feel his actions & the way things went are to be questioned. They really would like him to take another test to clear up questions that arose from the first test. His father, Ron Herron is also being asked to take one. It is all very complicated.
I myself cannot see it but there are many things he has not done & the way the actual chain of events went the night she went missing are to say the least very questionable of his character but one does not know how they would handle that situation-one can only speculate. The families are divided & it is a heartbreaking ordeal to live with each day as we go without any information. It is hard to say what happened. I do know that Audrey did not leave on her own. I feel it was well planned whatever the case may be. I am hoping that we can soon find answers. The more we keep it out there for people to question, maybe from that we will find someone who knows something...I know that this was not done by one person alone...it was as if it was very well planned. For her family & her children, I hope we can find something soon.
Mindy-thank you for posting the flyers--we need all the help we can get- many do not even know she is missing--as for all missing-that is a neverending battle.

mindys
09-09-2003, 12:53 AM
Searching for Audrey, what were the chain of events that evening?? Have you worked up a time line of that evening for Audrey? Was her husband home with the children that night? Her youngest was a baby, right? Did he usually wake in the night? Was her oldest child in their home that night?

mindys
09-09-2003, 12:56 AM
Here is one avenue in locating the jeep, ya never know, I'm just throwing it out there . . .

http://www.jeep-classifieds.com/

Searching for Audrey
09-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Mindy-
The time line is sketchy...
Audrey called home at approx. 9:30 pm--happy to have gotten a long awaited raise from work. Seemingly in good spirits by all accounts from those nurses who worked with her that night.
She walked out with her co-workers...Said she would see them on Sunday...That was the last any one saw her or the jeep.

The two younger children were at home with Jeff & Sonsia, her eldest was at her mother's--she had been away for 3 weeks in Florida-Audrey could not wait to see her!
The way the calls were made & time Jeff awoke to find her missing is very sketchy. From what I know from police accounts, her father, mother & many of her friends as well as myself, it was very unlike Jeff not to have called 5 minutes after he awoke & found her not home yet. The call to the police was actually not made until approx. 9am the next morning by Audrey's stepmother, Jeanne. By the time it was actually put out there that she was missing there was probably 10 hours or more that went by without any one knowing she was missing...Many of her friends were not called till late Friday afternoon.
Many suspect foul play. But one cannot say for sure why Jeff did not act right away...it is very hard to say how any of us would react I guess but it has upset a whole community as well as the families.

Searching for Audrey
09-09-2003, 12:18 PM
Here is a good run down of many events that have taken place throughout the pasy year- may give you some insight...

http://pub83.ezboard.com/fisthatso89415frm309

mindys
09-11-2003, 01:48 PM
Searching for Audrey, did her segment air today on Montel? I didn't see that Sylvia was on until there was only 15 minutes left. Any idea what Sylvia's thoughts about Audrey were? John Edward is really good too.

Searching for Audrey
09-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Hello All:

The Montel Show w/ Sylvia Brown did not air yeaterday...It is in fact airing next Wednesday, September 17, 2003. You can check listing of airtimes for your area on Montels site: http://www.montelshow.com/featured_promo/index.htm

We recieved the call today. We are hoping with the airing of the show it will lead to more attention to Audrey's case.
Sylvia did not give us much insight as to what happened to Audrey. I hope those able to watch will post their comments here as well as on Audrey's site.

mindys
09-13-2003, 04:00 AM
I'll be watching hon, and I'll make sure to bump this thread up when we get close. I really wish you all the best!

mindys
09-17-2003, 08:47 AM
Bump, Audrey's story will be on Montel this morning.

mindys
09-17-2003, 11:20 AM
Searching for Audrey, WOW! They just went to commercial during Audrey's segment. You guys are seizing this opportunity. Rock on, everyone should be blessed with friends like you.

Doyle
09-17-2003, 11:23 AM
please update us what happened on the show...

mindys
09-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Sylvia thinks there were two people involved in Audrey's murder - she said Audrey is no longer alive. She said the two people bumped her vehicle from behind on purpose when Audrey turned right on the side road to home, just 12 miles from her work. She said Audrey got out of her vehicle when she was bumped and walked back to their vehicle - a blue van, the woman held a gun on her, Sylvia said she was killed by a gunshot and the man hid Audrey's car. Sylvia said it has been stripped down and is gone. She said the woman thought Audrey was messing around with her man and that Audrey knew her, the woman was wearing a flowered hat. She said the woman has a police record. She said Audrey's body is close by where the crime was committed, she died that night and she is by or in a pond.

mindys
09-17-2003, 12:37 PM
Searching for Audrey, was Jeff at the wedding Audrey was in shortly before she went missing? Was it a big reception?

mindys
09-17-2003, 04:02 PM
Could this person have come into contact with Audrey at the wedding, somehow connected to that, maybe the reference to the flowered hat.

mindys
09-19-2003, 03:39 PM
I think I owe a public apology to Searching for Audrey. Audrey is loved dearly by her friends and family, obviously. They maintain hope that Audrey is alive, as they should. I think Sylvia's 'thoughts' have hurt them and I greatly apologize for contributing to that.

Searching for Audrey
09-20-2003, 02:27 AM
Mindy,

Please do not apologize. You are & have not offended anyone to my knowledge. Everyone asks, talks & states many of the things that you have. Everyone is looking for an answer.
Hopefully with the buzz from Montel we will smoke out those responsible for this nightmare.
In answer to your questions: Jeff was with Audrey at my wedding & yes we anylized the guest list but no, there was nothing connecting. There are so many people asking the very same questions & desperately searching for any clues. There just are not any, yet. That is the toughest part of this for many of us. You just don't take a person, much less, their vehicle & make it disappear- Something happened & someone knows something.

As for Montel Update for Doyle & others....

(Posted by me the day of the show on Court TV Message Boards)

Today's airing of Audrey's story was long awaited for all of us. It was a chore to even get there...

There are so many things that run through your head when you are given the chance to say or ask something about Audrey that will be publically aired, seen or read about. Watching today's show was like that again. So many things you wish you had said or asked...

My opinion of Sylvia? Well, I am a believer of the gift given to her & others like her but for us & Audrey she was no help. She has solved a few cases and has a very large fan club to which lead us to her in the first place. But a very wise man, Doug Lyall, father to the missing Albany Collge Student, Suzanne Gloria Lyall...
You can talk to many of them & be taken on many a wild goose chase if you choose to but, that is really what they are...goose chases, that can put you on an emotional roller coaster. We have talked to several & each one has a different theory...If we chose to believe each one we would literally go insane.

Do I believe what she said? No. None of it. I, as well as Audrey's father, step-mom & Corrina all feel as though everything she said was too far from being anywhere near what could have happened to her. When I asked her about the flowered hat it was in reference to another scenario given to us that involved a man & woman- I made the mistake of giving information to her, which you are not supposed to do. She is supposed to give you information.

I know that Sylvia is well known by thousands & that Montel swears by her as do many of us...but in this case she did not give us anything of use to bring us any closer to finding Audrey. I feel as though I asked her too many questions & she could not keep her story straight. One minute Audrey did not know her supposed murderers, the next she did. Her Jeep is in a "Chop Shop"- really, you think so? For everything I asked, I was given a "quick" response that meant nothing & had no relevance to her. The only thing that made any sense was the 3 roads to the right...if you want to believe in something bad enough you can connect anything she said to it. Is the possibility of the scenario something that could have taken place? Not in my eyes. Anyone who knew Audrey would not ever "think" she was having an affair with her husband...if that were the case why would this woman go to that extreme without confronting Audrey in someway before taking an extreme measure like murder? Would you? I think if this happened there would be evidence of some kind. I/We have looked for Audrey in all possible places surrounding the area...I do believe that Sylvia is right in saying that she is near here. I feel most times that she is where we have already looked but it is very hard to get a search done without just cause as to why you want that area searched. If that were the case I would have every man, woman & child, shoulder to shoulder covering every inch of the earth until we found her. It is just not done like that. I believe the police or even the hunters would have found something if she was just murdered spur of the moment like that.

I am very glad to have had the opportunity to talk to Sylvia about Audrey, please don't get me wrong, but she really just did not do much for the case. Maybe like you said, things take time- maybe if we are fortunate enough to find her, we will look back & compare to see if she was right about any of it. For now, I must say- I did not take stock in much of anything she said. I feel as though she felt that I didn't...That is why she moved on so quickly to the next guest.

We accomplished a big part of what is just the tip of the iceberg for a family who is searching for a missing loved one...National air time for her face & story. It has taken a lot to get here & it will take a lot more to get to the next one if we are fortunate enough to get someone else to air her story. I am hoping that with the airing of Montel it will further us in our journey to find answers & that someone who knows something...anything...comes forward.

I hope that I have answered any questions & I apologize for running on...Today was a hard day for me & many of Audrey's family & friends who have long awaited the program to air. My heart is a little heavier now though because when Sylvia stated that Audrey was dead & the manner to which she supposedly died...well, my heart relived that moment again. It makes it hard to keep hope both with the time that has passed with no word & the lack of knowing anything to get us closer to finding her.
I just want closure. I need to know what happened to her. I miss her.

It is an awful feeling...the not-knowing.

I will forever search for my friend, Audrey....Marie

turbosleuthing
09-21-2003, 10:45 PM
Hi Searching for Audrey,

This has really intrigued me. I see there is a lake/river pretty close by. Has this area been searched? Is there any new information on this case?

I've read one account where it says the authorities were not notified until 9:00 am and another that said 6:00 am. Do you know which one is correct?

Did her husband not wait up for her. It seems if she was home by 11:30 pm then it is not that late.

Was her husband having an affair? How was their marriage? How does he behave now a year later? How did he behave at the candlelight vigil?

What is your opinion?

I feel very sorry for all family and friends and will keep all in my prayers.

Searching for Audrey
09-22-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by turbosleuthing
Hi Searching for Audrey,

This has really intrigued me. I see there is a lake/river pretty close by. Has this area been searched? Is there any new information on this case?

>>>>There are many lakes & ponds throughout the area as well as the Hudson River very near by where Audrey worked. Divers were sent out about 3-4 weeks after she disappeared. Nothing was found but I do not believe they were searched very well, especially the Hudson River. From what I was told they searched parts of the water areas that were drivable, meaning that a car could drive in that area.

I've read one account where it says the authorities were not notified until 9:00 am and another that said 6:00 am. Do you know which one is correct?

>>>I am not sure where you retrieved your times from but this is the correct time frame...The authorities were not called until Jeff, Audrey's husband, called her father, Ray & his wife Jeanne on Friday morning at approximately 9:00 a.m. Jeanne was the one who made the initial call to them. Jeff called the hospital at approximately 6:00 a.m. Friday morning to see if Audrey had left work the night prior. They told him at that time that she left at 11:00 p.m. Why he waited to call is unknown.

Did her husband not wait up for her. It seems if she was home by 11:30 pm then it is not that late.

>>>>To my knowledge, Audrey called home to Jeff at approximately 9:30 p.m. Thursday night to tell him about a long awaited raise she recieved. By all accounts of the nurses who worked with her that evening, Audrey was in good spirits. Whether Jeff was in the habit of waiting up for her? I cannot answer that.

Was her husband having an affair?

>>>>Not that anyone knows & in my eyes I would not thinks so, he loved Audrey.

How was their marriage?

>>>>For me & what I saw of them both, their marriage was good. They just moved into their new house to which Jeff built himself. It is a beautiful home & Audrey was doing alot to furnish it & very happy to finally be in it.

How does he behave now a year later?

>>>>For me that is a hard question to answer. I thought Jeff loved Audrey so very much, still do. But it has been a very odd year. Jeff is not active like one would think he should be in the search & stays very much to himself & his family. From what I understand it is because of the two little ones. He is trying to shelter them. I cannot understand it. It breaks my heart & his actions have lead many to believe he may be guilty. I do not keep in close contact with him like I did the first weeks. I just do not know what to say to him. When I do talk to him he is very cold, withdrawn & seemingly ignorant to everything going on around him. I do not know how to help him nor do I want to at times because of it but he is Audrey's husband & until there is evidence to prove otherwise he is innocent & I will continue to search for her without him. Who knows, they say tragedies such as this are dealt with in different ways by evryone. What we think he should be doing he may not be capable of emotionally. I try very hard not to suggest any thing on his part. I want to focus on her & the vehicle. It maddens me to think that many have just stopped at him & choose not to look any further. What if he is not guilty? And until it is proven otherwise he is not.

How did he behave at the candlelight vigil?

>>>>As I said before, he is cold & withdrawn. I spoke to him even though we are not on the best of terms from all of this turmoil. I cannot say much else more but I will tell you he did not shed a tear & for that I felt fear & anger towards him.

What is your opinion?

>>>> I have said it numerous times...In my heart of hearts I just cannot see Jeff harming Audrey, he loved her to death in my eyes...With rumor & speculation it makes it hard, for you need someone to blame...I have not crossed over that line...yet. He should be doing more but it is not mine nor anyone else's place to judge his actions. Who knows how they would react in his situation. It does not make him guilty. I wish he would voice more his wishes to find her if indeed he does wish it.

I feel very sorry for all family and friends and will keep all in my prayers.

>>>>Thank you for your prayers & I hope I have answered a few of your questions for you. It has been a long year...I just want to find her & bring her home. I miss her terribly & to see the heartache in her fathers eyes & to know her mother is so very much lost without her...& the children...no words can say how muy heart breaks a little bit each time for all of them as each day goes by with still no word. :dontknow:

mindys
09-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Searching for Audrey, you can hire your own diver's. Contact the guys at this website, email them, some even do it on a volunteer basis. They go down and look, videotape and forward any info then to Law Enforcement.

First try here:
http://www.urbandivers.org/

Also this one, you can email them and get info on who they might know that can do it, if they can't themselves. There is a strong network amongst Certified Divers:

http://www.champlaindivers.com/index.html

SisterSocks
09-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Thanks Mindys for the links =)

Searching for Audrey
09-23-2003, 01:01 PM
Thanks Mindy:

I e-mailed both of them. Maybe we will get a response. The waters are an area that were not well searched in my opinion. If we could get them searched further...Thanks for the tip.

mindys
09-23-2003, 01:26 PM
Searching for Audrey, I really think the time is NOW, before winter comes again. I'd do anything to help you guys and especially Audrey, to get her back home.

tuppence
09-23-2003, 01:44 PM
Who controls how the donated money is used - whether some could be used for new searches in the water?

Searching for Audrey
09-23-2003, 02:20 PM
Audrey's Reward/Donation Fund was intially created by myself & Corrina in hopes that a reward offer would help to bring forth anyone with answers or clues. Since it's inception we have raised over $17,000.00. It has been stipulated by Audrey's father that in 3 years, if nothing is found, the monies remaining will go to her 3 children. He is the controlling factor of how the money is used.

We in fact, purchased a billboard campaign from the monies raised back in April of this year & were going to look further into other possibilities of what we could do to help locate her but due to such different opinions by Audrey's family we have chosen not to use any of the monies toward anything else. Any fundraisers we do are stricltly paid for from sponsors & those of us willing, out of our own pocket.

The reward stands at 15,000.00. Recently, we were contacted by a Private Investigative Company that is willing to work for that reward. We are hoping that they find something to help. As for using the monies for a new water search, I just don't think that is possible. I wish at times it were but it is not.

mindys
10-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Audrey's son Quinn will turn 3 tomorrow. He needs his Mommy.

Audrey's 33rd birthday is on Saturday.

Please say a prayer for both of them.

mindys
10-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Bumping for Quinn.

Dreamer1
10-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Bumping up on behalf of Audrey's friend, Marie! I don't know her personally but we all should be so blessed to have someone like her as a friend! :angel:

mindys
10-28-2003, 10:42 PM
Thank you, I think of this story daily and just got so excited when I saw Audrey's name at the top of the forum, I thought, could there be news??

Bumping for Marie and Audrey

Dreamer1
10-28-2003, 10:53 PM
mindy, me too. Some of these stories just seem to touch you so much. I pray they get some answers soon.

Searching for Audrey
10-28-2003, 11:11 PM
Thank you Mindy & Dreamer...

It has been a hard year & we are now almost 2 months into the next one. We are desperately seeking any answers but for all our efforts we have found nothing yet. We have literally become a statistic...she is missing & left behind are the children. It breaks my heart that I cannot give them back their Mom, my friend, whom I miss dearly.
Please those of you who have a chance...check out her eldest daughter, Sonsia's webpage, created in hopes of someone bringing her Mama back...

http://expage.com/mymamasmissin

God Bless you all for your prayers, help & support in finding our Audrey.

Searching For Audrey...Marie
http://audreymayherron.expage.com

P.S. For those of you who missed the Montel Show...there is a video clip link...

Dreamer1
10-29-2003, 12:12 AM
Marie,

That is wonderful Audrey's info is going to be included in the tax booklet! I pray it will get some results, someone knows something. If there is anything we can do, please let us know. Have ya'll gotten anyway as far as the vehicle identification? (By the way, I'm Denise, talked to you thru email few times) I continue to pray for you all and hang in there, God will provide.
Hugs to you, you are a wonderful person!

:angel:

turbosleuthing
10-29-2003, 01:10 AM
Searching for Audrey please.........check your private messages.

Thanks.

tuppence
10-29-2003, 10:23 AM
One of the things talked about a while back was the desire to drain/search the lake but the fact that the reward money could not be used for that. Is it possible to set up a contribution fund specifically for that? I would donate - it seems like a very specific thing that could be done...

Searching for Audrey
10-29-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by tuppence
One of the things talked about a while back was the desire to drain/search the lake but the fact that the reward money could not be used for that. Is it possible to set up a contribution fund specifically for that? I would donate - it seems like a very specific thing that could be done...

A seperate fund was talked about & we decided not to. Any search plans or costs get decided by Audrey's father & thus far he has been very cooperative to anything we do as far as fundraisers & the billboard campaign.
As far as the cost of a new search? We have a P.I. working Audrey's case for the reward money & in the process of which, I am told they are coordinating new ground & water searches. It is just a matter of time & the process it takes to set up such a thing.
If willing to donate, please do, as any monies raised go toward the effort to find her, the reward & in time if our efforts fails, to Audrey's beautiful children left behind. There are fundraisers posted on her site as well that help toward her reward/fund, please do view them as well.
Right now there is still nothing & as far as we know there are no substantial leads nor has there ever been any other than rumor.
We are all trying desperately to keep her story alive & trying to retrieve more national media but thus far no one is helping. I can't say as I blame them given the number of missing person cases out there. I am steadfast in trying though.
Please know that you can also provide support by visiting & signing Audrey's guestbook to show your support to her family & friends as well & that there is another website that was launched a couple of months ago by her Mom...www.findaudrey.org It is an up & coming project & I would really encourage any & all of you to visit it.

Thanks everyone. Denise- you are great as always & for tupper...will check my private messages...

God Bless you all & please help us to keep Audrey's story out there. Someone knows something. It is just a matter of time...

Searching for Audrey...Marie

Searching for Audrey
12-05-2003, 03:32 PM
I am amazed & shocked that another young woman has gone missing.

I hope & pray that Dru is found safely.
The media attention & immediate response & outcries of love & prayer by the public are just another reminder of Laci...

With that I must say it hardens my heart to know that we were not able to get Audrey out there as they have. God Bless them, they have what is needed for every missing person-adult or child...

This just outrages me more still & reopens the question I keep asking myself time & again...
Why was Audrey not seen past the local news when this first happened?!
What gets the attention?!
Where did we go wrong?!

I feel as though we robbed Audrey of precious time...

Searching for Audrey...Marie :dontknow:

mindys
12-05-2003, 03:45 PM
Marie, hugs to you. I don't know what it is, because MANY of us here are interested greatly in Audrey. I don't buy the race issue. YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING RIGHT BY AUDREY, one day she will tell you that herself.

Searching for Audrey
12-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Thanks Mindy-

I am just having one of those days...I am glad for Dru & anyone who can get that quick media attention...just wish I had the resources for Aud. Makes you wonder whether or not things said & done or not done in this case are/were overlooked in the beginning may be a factor & still are...

Searching for audrey...Marie

River
12-05-2003, 08:45 PM
Searching For Audrey, do you have a photo that I could upload? Maybe someone will recognize her.

Searching for Audrey
12-05-2003, 09:20 PM
River,

There are many photos of Audrey on her website as well as reward flyers & banners that can be used for links if you have a website & wish to link to her for us.

Thank you for the help!

Please remember to visit & sign Audrey's guestbook as well while visiting her site.

littlereed
12-06-2003, 12:23 AM
Wow-this is a very fascinating, yet disturbing thread. Marie, My heart goes out to you and Audrey's family. How very difficult it must be not to have any answers. As I read through all of the posts, and gleened what information I could. Some of the similarities to the Laci Peterson case struck me. The distant and (un)grieving husband, the husband refusing to take a polygraph, the husband not cooperating with LE yet saying that he is, the parent (or step parent) calling LE to report the woman missing, and the time frame from when the person is thought to have disappeared and when family/friends were called, the comments on the "loving" relationship of Audrey and her husband, the 1/2 hour time frame (when Audrey called home then left work to when she was to have arrived home (like Laci, SP stated he left at 9:30'ish but the dog was back in the yard at 10:18).......................

This got me to thinking of the things we are learning in the Laci case, some things new, some we already knew, but I would imagine that LE may have some valuable clues or pieces to the puzzle, but aren't yet able to put it together. Let's hope. Perhaps they have gotten some solid leads on the tip lines - there are so many things that go on during an investigation that the public nor families know of. Investigators play it pretty close to the cuff, they have to for the integrity of the investigation. Sometimes it is a waiting game - which is so very difficult, I know.

We had a triple homicide two years ago in November. Three women were murdered at a beauty salon, throats slit, etc. it was horrific. The news media was all over it, and for two solid weeks that is all I did was field calls from tips coming in. On a busy day I'd take 60-75 calls, on a slower day, mayber 25. Everything you can imagine. Tips still come in to this day, although no arrest has been made yet (soon hopefully). My point is that if this story can be kept alive in the media, on the internet, etc. someone, somewhere may have that vital bit of information needed to find Audrey. Just having it's own thread on this forum will be wonderful, as these websluethers are awesome. Very smart and alert people. They ask questions, have ideas and brainstorm. Stick with us!

mindys
12-06-2003, 12:36 AM
http://audreymayherron.expage.com/

Searching for Audrey
12-06-2003, 04:11 AM
For everyone...please take the time to visit & sign Audrey's guestbooks: http://audreymayherron.expage.com
&
http://www.findaudrey.org

Littlereed,

Your post is what lingers in the minds of many here yet never leaves ones lips other than to mumble it so to speak.

There is much rumor & speculation clouding this whole case yet I must stay steadfast in stating, rumors do not convict, evidence does & at this point we nor the LE have any.

I have tried several times to try and speak my mind to Jeff on the point of it & that what is being done or in his case not being done has much to do with this kind of thinking amongst the community as well as friends, family, et; I have exhausted my efforts with him & begun to stay focused on Audrey & the jeep. His actions bring me much dismay.

I must admit it has begun to take it's toll, maybe it always has lingered there...but in every aspect of this it seems I am damned if I do, damned if I don't. My focus is Audrey & finding her-ending this nightmare for all, especially her children. So undesrving of this horrible crime.
No matter what I will forever seek answers.

With all the media attention that arises for the other cases, I have watched, I have learned, I have rejoiced & been given hope with Elizabeth, I have grieved & been made painfully aware of a sad ending with Laci, I have talked & cried with others still waiting like me who have supported me, as I hopefully have them, like Molly & Suzanne...Now Dru & even Heather. The madness seems to swallow you up whole each time you see another's story out there...you long for that frenzy to be upon Audrey but are applauding those who have gotten there in hopes that it will bring these girls home sooner, no matter the outcome, so the nightmare will end.

Believe me, it has entered my mind, the mirrored theories...that & the un-known along with the shattered images of a torn family longing for answers, has taken over my life.

Thank God for my friends, my husband & my children who have learned to deal with this loss & sadness that has at times consumed me & are helping me to stay just above the water...

Until I find her I will never rest.

In my heart I cannot see Jeff bring harm to Audrey...

Mindy- As always...thanks for the bump my friend.

:angel: For Rachel, Karen, Marianna, Tabitha, Kent, Karen.W, Gayle, Patricia....890,000 & counting

MissMisty
12-06-2003, 07:07 AM
Marie,
Your frustration must be unbearable.
Dru's family doesn't appear to be wealthy or particularly media saavy. Is it because she is young, blond and adorable that she is getting so much attention? I am not saying that in a sarcastic way at all...I have always wondered why/how some get so much attention while others get next to nothing.
**I remember John Walsh telling Larry King once that he would love to see a 24/7 news channel devoted only to missing persons! We have 24 hour news...24 hour sports...why not 24 hour coverage of our loved ones who are missing??**
Misty

Rachael
12-06-2003, 12:33 PM
MissMisty

I think that would be good too. Why not have a cable station dedicated to missing people. I would much rather see that than sports. It would be great to have the chance to help out a desperate family.

mindys
12-06-2003, 01:30 PM
Audrey's jeep is a major key to finding Audrey.

With the jeep missing too, does it feel like more than one person has to be involved??

Marie, what is the stretch of road like that Audrey traveled home on? Do people walk? Was there any discussion the day after about wether she needed to stop at the store, get diapers for her son, food for the family breakfast?

Why does Jeff not consider how Audrey WILL react to his non-effort to find her, to do everything and anything he possibly could.

**We need to email NY LE and demand that they give a press conference, release something that will help us, HELP AUDREY. There is POWER in numbers. **

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/WntdMiss/Poster/Missing/herron.html

Searching for Audrey
12-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Thank you so much for your input on this1 It has been very frustrating to say the least but it does do me good to see that I am not alone...
Mindy your question about Jeff is still the same answer...

We are going to work up an a-mail campaign for the Governor to post on Audrey's site...Thanks for the idea Mindy!

We will be formatting it so that those of you out there willing to e-mail him will post a copy on her site as well.

I will be posting mine as well. Hopefully this will push the right buttons somewhere.

Time & again there has been talk of a Missing person show...God I hope someday soon they find a way to do this. There are so many, just think of the money that won't be needed for sponosorship, because they will be knocking down the door to get their ads put on...imagine all the people here on the net...glued to a TV set instead of in front of the computer!
Wish I knew how to pitch the idea in terms of that & to whom because then maybe they would consider it.

I want to apologixe if I have been out of sorts & posting gloom...it has just been very hard with the holidays approaching & the media frenzy going on for others. Breaks my heart to know that All cannot get it, not just Audrey.

Anyway, thanks guys for the ideas & I will always be looking to you for support.

please if able, can anyone tell me? We have had 100's of hits to Audrey's site via links from here & dru's page as well as others, but only a few ever stop to sign Audrey's guestbook? Why is that? Is there a problem that I canot see from here? Do you all have access to it? Please let me know. This puzzles me, for it is the guestbooks for Audrey her family & friends often look to for comfort in knowing others out there are helping to look for her & are saying a prayer...I know I do.

Thanks.

littlereed
12-06-2003, 05:30 PM
I will go sign the guestbook. I did try last night when I first got onto this post, but it took a very long time to load so I didn't. That is why I didn't post last night, but I will today :)

Marie, stay healthy mentally and physically for yourself and your family. Your efforts to bring your friend home make a difference and you know that if any one of us who check this thread daily now can help in any way, whether it be stuff envelopes, write letters, post flyers, WE WILL! I can't speak for everyone here, but from what I've seen from this group they not only care, they are compassionate and care. Just please let us know.

Please enjoy your holidays with your family - I'm sure that is what your dear friend would want, but maybe light a special candle for her.

Malini2001
12-06-2003, 05:46 PM
I remember that for a time in Maryland, the police were reporting that Jeeps were one of the most frequent vehicles stolen. While some may have been a target for teenagers out for a joyride, I think most were taken to chop shops to be used for parts. I hope I'm wrong, I just think that there may not be much use in continuing to look for the jeep. If it was stolen, and it would not surprise me if it was the focal point for the abduction/theft, it is in pieces and a long way from home.

Do the local police have anything to say about the thefts of jeeps? I knew someone who had an 18 wheeler stolen in Maryland and the police told him that it was probably in pieces in New Mexico. Sometimes they have an idea of where the stolen vehicles are being taken to.

Marie, I have visited the websites but not signed the guest books. I will go back and sign. Please realize that you are doing everything humanly possible and that Audrey would thank you for that. Take care of yourself and go a little bit easier on yourself! Try to enjoy the holidays with your family.

Malini

mindys
12-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by MissMisty
I just sent an e-mail to Governor Pataki.
Misty

Mine is sent too, here is the message you get after sending an email: "Thank you for sending your thoughts and concerns to Governor Pataki. Your email has been received and will be forwarded to the appropriate staff for review."

Let's try and push for a new look into Audrey's case. Please everyone, write to the Governor so he knows many, many request his involvement in whatever way possible. I also included our site info here, maybe we can get someone from his staff or LE to post or even read here.

http://www.state.ny.us/governor/

Click on "Contact the Governor", on the left side of the home page.

MissMisty
12-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Good job, Mindys! I think the least we can do is to take 2 minutes to do this. God forbid one of us be in those shoes someday. I would sure want to know that people cared enough to do something.
Misty

Searching for Audrey
12-06-2003, 06:45 PM
You girls are great & guys...

Thank you. I am hoping to have the e-mail campaign up within a few days to Audrey's site.

Thank you to those of you also who have gone to Audrey's Guestbook & Message Board. I was beginning to think it was not accessible for others...we made a few adjustments & removed some of the things that we thought were slowing down the loading of the page as well in hopes that will help.

There is alot of pages to audrey's site so I hope that each time you visit you will navigate through it until you have seen everything. We try to assist in the search for others who are missing as well. Please take the time to visit them.
From experience i can tell you it is very hard to keep information out there...

I know that you all have been a great help to me & will continue to be.

The holidays will be hard but as you all have stated.
My candle is forever lit for Audrey...I will be surrounded by my family & friends...& I will certainly take comfort in knowing that my friends here are are supporting us as well. Thank you for that. I hope you & yours too, will have a wonderful holiday.
Hopefully we will be posting a Christmas remembrance for Audrey as well. Will update when.

God Bless.

tuppence
12-06-2003, 06:48 PM
I emailed the governor's office as well. It would be helpful to know any specific things it would be helpful to ask for in the email, or things to note that might help strike a cord. Being specific about actions we would like to see done could have more impact.

Maybe we could post a list of people to email.

Searching for Audrey
12-06-2003, 06:59 PM
Tuppence,

I would have to say the most important factor to ask about in your letter is the re-interviewing of people that worked at the hospital. We are finding out that not all of the staff was interviewed. That in itself disturbs me.

We are also wondering how to get a further search done in the surrounding bodies of water. We feel as though they were not searched thouroughly. The Hudson River deposits into the Ocean...who knows what we may have missed.

The fact that there is no Adult Amber Alert here in New York is another factor.

There are no State Funded programs to help facilitate any help to the family of a missing person either such as help with rewards or fliers & or media coverage. We lost a lot of time in trying to raise money just to post a small reward...

The list could go on & on I am afraid...There are currently over 4,000 missing in New York, that we know of...

Any thoughts?

mindys
12-07-2003, 10:56 AM
http://audreymayherron.expage.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=560&linkpath=http://audreymayherron.expage.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/audflyer.jpg&target=tlx_new

Note again how petite Audrey is. Just five feet tall even and 105 lbs.

mindys
12-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Marie, do you have any idea whose name the jeep was in. Was Audrey's name on the title?

Also hon, about the guestbook, are people going to the link on your page that says "Contact Us" and sending something on the ad for "Quick Mailer" on the right?? Maybe that is where her messages are going. If you could, put a direct link on that page for the guestbook, right under where it asks to sign the guestbook at the top of the page.

Searching for Audrey
12-08-2003, 03:25 AM
Mindy,

Thanks hon, I looked & no, I don't believe that to be the case because we get everything that comes through there.
We are working on the site & have been all weekend putting updates & such & removing everything that may slow the page down when loading because some people are encountering long load times. That may make the impatient one just not wait...I hope you all have time to review it as there are new things added such as a new beautiful poem for Audrey & a new banner that can be used as a link if anyone has their own website. I also added a link to this discussion board & a few others that have kept Audrey's story alive & shown their support on our links page.

As for the jeep, It is registered in Jeff's name I do believe. I feel as though the jeep is a major key in getting a break if we can ever locate it.

With all the missing out there, I have created a new webpage as well to help people list them & I hope that it helps. I am hoping to have it linked to Audrey's site soon. I posted a new thread about it & hope that you all will let me know what you think. I am coming to value all of your opinions...Thanks!

mindys
12-09-2003, 01:36 AM
JUSTICE FOR AUDREY, too.

FIND AUDREY!

AUDREY HERRON DID NOT GO MISSING BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO!

HELP AUDREY!

littlereed
12-09-2003, 01:55 AM
What is Jeff's occupation? Anyone know?

Searching for Audrey
12-09-2003, 02:05 AM
Mindy- you forver bring hope in my heart with your words of support! Thank you...

Jeff works as a maintenance/groundskeeper at the family owned golf course.

ThunderHart Golf Course, located in Freehold, NY.

Searching for Audrey
12-15-2003, 12:56 AM
Hello All,

Just checking in...

Wanted to let everyone know that your Christmas prayers & wishes for Audrey's family & friends are needed!

There have been changes made to the site with a revised version of a very famous Christmas tale written by Audrey's brother's wife Michelle & a new poem submitted by another good friend of Audrey's & mine, Corrina as well.

Please the Upcoming & Recent events page for more details & be sure & visit & sign each of Audrey's guestboards for the family. This will be the second Christmas without Audrey...

We are still hard at work searching. No new news at all. Hoping soon they will get a break.

Thank you all for your prayers, support & all the input. It has sincerely helped.

May you all have a safe, healthy & happy holiday & rejoice with the ones you love. It is time well spent.

mindys
12-19-2003, 03:54 PM
Bumping for Audrey, another weekend coming, the last before Christmas. Where's Audrey Herron??

Searching for Audrey
01-02-2004, 12:53 AM
http://audreymayherron.expage.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/audban1.jpg

Hello All & Happy New Year,

I am very much impressed with the new message board, great job.
I have been taking a break from things- needed to step away for my own heart. Hope you all understand.

I am back & hopefully I can count on you all to help with our latest project:

Getting Audrey Media Attention...

If you can, please take a minute or two to write to CNN about Audrey. Ask them to please help us put her face out there nationally. We need to get the attention of the media. We have tried in the past to do this & we did get Audrey to Montel by doing so. Let's try & reach further. For now, CNN seems to be a good lead to go after. So please, write them. It can't hurt & it may just help if there are enough e-mails with Audrey's story.

CONTACT CNN FOR AUDREY (http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form11.html?1)

Feel free to send e-mail's about other missing loved ones as well.

Thanks to all who took the time to visit Audrey's guestbook to send holiday wishes to her family.

:innocent:

mindys
01-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Bumping for Marie and especially for Audrey.

mindys
01-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Bumping for Marie

hockeymom
02-07-2004, 11:46 PM
A body of a woman was found yesterday in a 55 gallon drum at a construction site in Albany,NY(I live near there). They said she was badly decomposed had on a bracelet and what appeared to be a wedding ring. One of the names that has come up is Audrey's as well as Suzanne Lyle ,also missing from this area and who has a thread on this board. She was not married however. They are autopsying today. I will update if there is any news.

Up2theminute
02-08-2004, 12:43 AM
Oh my gosh, hockeymom, I hadn't heard this at all. Thanks for mentioning it and post a link when you can, if you happen to see it first!

Rachael
02-08-2004, 12:47 AM
Yes please give us an update as soon as you hear anything. I am sure her family would have been able to identify the jewelry if it belongs to Audrey. I will pray for her children. I have always hope this was a case of amnesia, even though I know it is not likely.

mindys
02-08-2004, 12:53 AM
OMG, OMG.

Please update when you know anything at all.

Rachael
02-08-2004, 12:59 AM
I found the article regarding the body they found. They said something about it being a small woman. Audrey was only 5 feet tall. Go to http://www.timesunion.com and you can find the article.

mindys
02-08-2004, 01:31 AM
Marie asked me to pass along that the remains recovered are NOT Audrey's.

LE believes it is a much older case.

hockeymom
02-08-2004, 03:30 PM
When you hear the news that the body is not one of the missing people you know of,you have mixed emotions. Happy that there is a chance that they are still alive,but hoping for some closure for the families and friends of thes people. It must be torture to go through every day, year after year always wondering. I wonder who this poor woman is they found and if she still has any family that is alive?

Rachael
02-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Question about this case (maybe it is somewhere in this thread and I missed it) but does Audrey's husband have an alibi for the time Audrey went missing (after she left work that day)? For some reason this case seems to me to be more of a carjacking/abduction type situation because her car is still missing.

mindys
02-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Audrey's husband's alibi is that he was home that night, their little one was still a baby.

Audrey did telephone him from work earlier in the evening at their home to tell him about a raise she was getting at work. Her co-workers said she was upbeat that night.

mindys
03-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Ohhhh Marie, we haven't been able to give you some cyber hugs in awhile. Come on back. :blowkiss:

Praying for Audrey.

Hey guys, please sign the guest book here, let Marie and Audrey's family know we still care!

mindys
03-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Candlelight vigil held for missing woman
2/29/2004 7:59 PM
By: Capital News 9 web staff

Greene County residents remembered one of their own Sunday evening.

Sunday marked a year and a half since Audrey May Herron was last seen leaving her job at the Columbia-Green Long Term Health Care Facility in Catskill.

On Aug. 29, 2002, the 32-year-old wife and mother of three finished her shift, said goodbye to her co-workers, and she hasn't been seen since.

Family and friends of Herron's gathered for a candlelight vigil Sunday evening as a way to keep her memory alive.

Mother Shirley Olmsted said, "It's a reminder that she's still missing and she's still out there, and there's a great deal of loving family dying to bring her home."

Herron's case is one of 30 unsolved cases of missing people nationwide to be featured by a North Carolina based group's cross country road trip next month.

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/headlines/?ArID=61739&SecID=33

mindys
03-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Bumping for the friend I hope to meet in person one day, Audrey, the light is on for You.

turbosleuthing
03-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Bumping........In hopes of finding Audrey.

Searching for Audrey
04-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Bumping........In hopes of finding Audrey.

Hello Everyone,

I have been unable to post these past months due to errors that I have just now found & I had to re-register...
I have read each post even though unable to post until now. I am so very glad to see you have all kept Audrey in your hearts & on your minds...
for the past months since I was able to post we have still been unfortunate in finding any new leads for Audrey but we continue to keep hope alive & are working on several projects in hopes to generate new leads...
We were very fortunate to have had Audrey's case be one of 30 featured in a Road Trip to Remember...Leah Roberts & in fact were able to meet the Organization's founder, Monica Caison just this past Tuesday. Audrey got more news coverage...
I am here...just not always able to post & I apologize for if it were not for you folks & your support Audrey's name/face/story would go unseen & unheard. God Bless you all so very much!
:angel:
My friend, Ria just wrote today a poem for me & I would like to share it with you all as it may give you insight as to the feelings I have felt these past months & I hope that you all know that I cannot thank you enough for all you have done for myself through this nightmare & for Audrey. I miss her each day more than the last & the unknown sometimes has just tired me but it has not overthrown me...

Tired

http://www.freewebs.com/zeretia/ree.jpg

I am tired

tired of being good

tired of being bad

tired of losing things

I thought I'd always have

tired of the conflicts

tired of the fight

tired of having to explain

actions I feel are right

tired of this confusion

tired of all this mess

tired of not knowing people

I thought I knew the best

I am so tired

tired of trying to tell you

tired of trying to be

the perfect one

Why can't I just be me?

You used to like

who I was

it used to be just fine

now it seems when things go wrong

you only want to fight

I am so tired

tired of this game

I really don't care to play anymore

It just is not the same

Written by my good friend...Ria

Please go to Audrey's website to view the latest on what we are doing to keep Audrey's story alive & please sign her guestbook.

I am here...in need of cyber hugs (Thank you Mindy) Just not always able to post so please except my apologies...

Where's Audrey May Herron??? (http://audreymayherron.expage.com)

Opie
04-01-2004, 08:24 PM
Searching for Audrey--

You don't know me, as I mostly lurk and read, but please consider yourself cyber hugged.

Best,

Opie

mindys
04-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Marie, maybe this group can help, they do all your neighboring states, if they can't help you, they may have a chapter affiliate that can:

http://www.gpsar.org/index1.html

Searching for Audrey
04-18-2004, 01:02 PM
Mindy,

I just e-mailed the group. Thank you. I had not seen them before. I hope to get a reply from them. I really think another search of the area should be done. We all do. The SP does not agree...When we did the last search on our own last May we recieved very little help due to they could not supply the manpower & I believe they feel as though they searched enough...Who's to say...I don't know- What I do know is that with Dru's remains being found in an area that had been search "dozens" of times prior that we need to re-open the search efforts here for Audrey. There was not a huge turn out for doing so to begin with...
I still remain hopeful...Thanks again for your help my friend. I am always open to any suggestions...
Marie

mindys
04-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Oh gosh Marie, I hope they will help Audrey. Their services are free and their members all volunteers, they are going to soon be a very elite organization (well I believe they already are) for their skill and what they offer, they have many dogs in training, etc. You are just in the very next state!!

turbosleuthing
05-26-2004, 01:22 AM
Where did the Audrey May Herron thread go to? I can't seem to find it.........could someone explain this please.

Anne12
05-26-2004, 06:51 AM
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27

New information/ new posts go up top. Due to this feature- posts move. As it's been a little while since there has been new information- It is on the third page.

Any new information added will bring it to the top (if no information is added it will move further back)

Hope my explanation helps

turbosleuthing
05-26-2004, 01:53 PM
HI Anne,

Thank you for your reply. I do not have a page 3..............hmmmmmm!

WasBlind
05-26-2004, 05:25 PM
turbo
Scroll to the top or bottom of this page, or the main page for the missing forums. Page 1, 2, > (it should be on your upper or lower right hand corner of the screen)

Click the arrow ( > ) to go to pages 3 - 6
You've missed a lot of threads if you have not seen this before.

Blessings to all, Lanie
Help For The Missing

turbosleuthing
05-26-2004, 05:35 PM
Hi WasBlind,

I only have 2 pages.................it shows page 1 of 2 and then 2 of 2. There is no 3rd page for me.

I'm not a total ding dong....................

LP Moderator
05-26-2004, 05:44 PM
bumping up

LP Moderator
05-26-2004, 05:48 PM
There are 4 pages and 97 posts on that thread.

LP Moderator
05-26-2004, 05:50 PM
I have merged the two threads Turbo - do you see this post?

WasBlind
05-26-2004, 06:31 PM
This was where I meant there were 6 pages, turbo, my explanation was not very clear. I don't think you're a ding dong, turbo!

http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

This forums main (I did not mean Aud's) page now has 5 pages of missing persons, as DP just merged some of the threads, thanks DP.

Blessings to all, Lanie
Help For The Missing

turbosleuthing
05-26-2004, 07:44 PM
I've gotten it all squared out now.............

My main missing page was only showing 2 pages. I wasn't able to pull up any thread that hadn't been posted on in xx amount of days.........

I switched it under the users options...........

Thanks for your help Lanie.

Searching for Audrey
05-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Hello All,

It seems I always have trouble keeping up with boards as I have Aud on so many that when I try to post I have forgotten my log in info!

I wanted t check in & let you all know that there have been new searches performed of the area for Aud...still nothing.
We have been working on many projects & events to keep Aud's story out there...

We finally got Aud on the Racing for the Missing! Thanks to a wonderful heart, Erin Bruno & Darrell Lamoure.

We will be doing another Benefit Motorcycle Run & we have a few other projects in the works as well.

Lanie, I got your mail about Carol...I just have been swamped with things & as you know it takes a bit of time to get the links on & postings correct. I will get to it & thank you for drpping me the info. Hope all is well.

Please everyone, if able to take a few moments to visit Aud's site to view the latest news updates & please sign her guestbook. Also please take time to visit her other sites thru the links provided...one happens to be her daughter, Sonsia's website.

Mindy- I am here still checking in- just not always of free time to post.

We hope those close enough to the area will be able to join us this year for riding for Audrey...

Prayers & thanks,

WasBlind
10-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Audrey is now on Project Jason's adopt program.

Please consider adopting Audrey, and thanks.

Go here, http://www.projectjason.org/adopt.html
for more information about this wonderful FREE program.

Prayers for Audrey, and all who love and miss her.
Much love to all, Lanie

WasBlind
10-28-2004, 04:28 PM
For Audrey, and all who love and miss her.

With love and HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

WasBlind
12-26-2004, 09:14 AM
For Audrey

With love and HOPE, Lanie

KT Can
03-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Bumping for Audrey--

I did not know Audrey personally, and I mostly only lurk and read here at WS's, but I started thinking about Audrey for some reason today so I thought I would bump her post. Audrey's case stays with me and I just wish that her family and her friends could have some resolution.

HollywoodBound
03-10-2005, 05:12 PM
I found this case to be interesting. Audrey May Herron, mother of 3, simply vanished along with her car on her way home from work. Back in October someone signed the message board of the site her family made for her saying she was ok and living in Miami. Due to privacy issues the internet provider will not supply the exact location of the IP address of the author. Could be a hoax but you never know.
The message is on this site:
More info is on this one:

-Linda

Jenn
03-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Hollywood, here is the link to the current thread for Audrey. You should find some helpful info. :)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27&highlight=Audrey+Herron

HollywoodBound
03-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks. That was my 1st post...I didn't realize that there was already a thread. Thanks for combining :)
-Linda

Jenn
03-10-2005, 06:35 PM
No problem Hollywood! There were several threads for Audrey that have been combined.

Glad you are posting! I am looking forward to hearing from you again!!! :D

stillsearching4aud
03-13-2005, 01:48 PM
I found this case to be interesting. Audrey May Herron, mother of 3, simply vanished along with her car on her way home from work. Back in October someone signed the message board of the site her family made for her saying she was ok and living in Miami. Due to privacy issues the internet provider will not supply the exact location of the IP address of the author. Could be a hoax but you never know.
The message is on this site:
More info is on this one:

-Linda
Hello & thanks to everone who still keeps interest in Aud's case. I have been without a PC since last year & recently got hold of a used one to try and keep up with updates for Audrey & to continue networking her case.
I have been trying to post on all boards that we originally posted Audrey's case to let everyone know the latest news, especially the recent activity on her case in Canada.
We believe it to be a hoaxe/someone just playing around...The LE both here & in Canada are handling it as they do every other lead that comes in & have narrowed it down to the Burlington/Ontario area & are trying to get the subscribers name but due to privacy & certain law issues, it has been a long process. We were fortunate in that, the Canadian press released several articles & photos of Audrey in the past weeks. We are hoping it will generate new more viable leads.
All articles & video clips on this recent lead can be found posted on Audrey's front page of the website: http://audreymayherron.expage.com
Please visit & post any comments, thoughts & prayers to her guestbook while visiting.
Thank you & hopefully we will be able to keep all of Audrey's boards updated.

stillsearching4aud
03-14-2005, 06:16 PM
SPECIAL TO THE HAMILTON SPECTATOR / March 4, 2005

Audrey May Herron, with her husband Jeff, in happier times.; Photo: The whereabouts of Audrey May Herron remain a mystery to New York State investigators. Audrey May Herron's picture has appeared on billboards, shopping carts and national television shows including Montel Williams and Court television. Her friends organized searches and rallies, consulted psychics and private investigators, raised a $20,000 US reward and posted her picture widely in an effort to find out what became of the 32-year-old nurse and young mother of three. New York State police have chased down more than 1,000 leads and covered every foot of the highway from the nursing home where she was last seen in Catskill, N.Y., on Aug. 29, 2002, to her home in Freehold about 18 kilometres away. They used divers, tracking dogs and helicopters as they scoured the rugged terrain between the nursing home and her residence. Despite the massive exposure, there hasn't been a single confirmed sighting of the missing woman or the 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee she was driving when she left the facility at about 11:30 p.m. that evening. Her friends and family have now pretty much exhausted all their investigative avenues and hope of ever finding her alive. Herron had just finished the evening shift at the Columbia-Green Long Term Care facility and had phoned her husband, Jeff, earlier in the evening to say she'd just gotten a raise. She seemed anxious to be back home with him and their two young children. (Her oldest child was in Florida). According to Jeff, who underwent a lie detector test, she never returned home and he has no idea what became of his wife. Her friends and family, who've had their hopes dashed hundreds of times before, aren't putting a lot of hope in the rash of recent reports that she may be in the Halton/Hamilton area. Since her picture appeared in The Spectator on Wednesday, more than a dozen people have phoned Halton Detective Andy Forde to say they've seen somebody who looked like her. He hasn't been able to confirm any of the leads, however. New York State investigators started turning their attention north of the border last October when somebody posted a message on the Internet claiming to be Audrey May Herron and living in Miami. The writer assured her family she was well and would return home. But she warned not to look for her because she'd simply move again. But when investigators traced the missive, they discovered it had been routed through Cogeco's Burlington-based e-mail system. If the sender was indeed Audrey Herron, it appeared she had jettisoned her husband and children and started a new life in Canada. But how good was the lead? Was it just another hoax or red herring by some Internet mischief maker? There had been bogus leads before. The missing woman's best friend, Marie Parker, said she would have been excited if the Canadian angle had come up a year ago. But after two and a half years, she's given up hope of ever finding her friend alive. She believes Herron was smart and resourceful enough to engineer her own disappearance. But she never would have left without her children who were "her whole world." At the time she disappeared, her youngest children were two and four years old and her other daughter -- from another relationship -- was 11. Her credit cards were never used, her Jeep was never seen and her last cheque remained uncashed after Aug. 29, 2002. To survive on the lam, she would have had to create a new identity and find another source of income. This would have been hard to do in a foreign country. "I don't believe Audrey made it past Friday evening (the night she disappeared)," Parker remarked. Since Herron's disappearance, Parker has dreamed up all kinds of innovative ways to keep the story alive in the media. She contacted prominent television personalities like Montel Williams and psychic sidekick Sylvia Brown and posted her picture on billboards and shopping carts. She also organized a 145-kilometre motorcycle run in her friend's honour. Ray Turk, 62, of Ravena, N.Y., is also skeptical about the latest lead and has little hope of ever seeing his daughter again. He also believes his daughter died shortly after she left the nursing home on Aug. 29, 2002, and has strong suspicions about what happened to her. "I gave up a lot of hope. It's not good what I'm thinking," he said. He said he first heard his daughter was missing when he received a telephone call from his son-in-law Jeff Herron at about 9:30 a.m., Aug. 30. Turk's wife then called police and alerted them for the first time about Audrey's disappearance. Turk is angry that he wasted valuable time by not notifying them right away on that Friday evening. Turk adds that he was among hundreds of foot searchers who meticulously scoured the road from the nursing home to the new house that his daughter and Jeff had just built on Jeff's father's golf course and resort in Freehold. But they didn't find a single shard of glass, skid mark or flake of paint to indicate she'd been in an accident. Shortly after he got the call from Jeff, Turk said he was shocked to find his daughter's purse, credit cards and cigarettes in the new house. New York State police in Catskill have never described Jeff as a suspect. But in early media reports, they suggested he wasn't entirely co-operative with investigators. He had agreed to undergo a polygraph examination which left some questions unanswered. When they asked to do a second test, however, he refused and retained a lawyer. In initial reports, Catskill detectives also said they were treating the case as a "homicide." Investigator Bill Fitzmaurice told The Spectator yesterday that the term "homicide" was used to show they were pulling out all stops to find out what happened to Audrey and haven't entirely ruled out an accident or that she left on her own. Asked about suspects, he replied: "No one in the case has been ruled out 100 per cent." But he played down earlier reports that Jeff had been reluctant to speak to police and was referring police inquiries to his attorney. "He's retained an attorney (on the advice of his family). It's not that he's not talking. It's not like he's shut the door," he pointed out. Fitzmaurice said investigators appealed to Halton police for help this week after Cogeco refused to tell them who had posted the message on the Internet. He said they considered getting a search warrant to obtain the information but the procedure was mired in international "red tape." The New York State police would have had to apply through diplomatic channels to appear before a judge in Canada to obtain a search warrant for the Cogeco records, which are protected under privacy legislation.

turbosleuthing
03-14-2005, 06:34 PM
SPECIAL TO THE HAMILTON SPECTATOR / March 4, 2005

He said he first heard his daughter was missing when he received a telephone call from his son-in-law Jeff Herron at about 9:30 a.m., Aug. 30. Turk's wife then called police and alerted them for the first time about Audrey's disappearance. Turk is angry that he wasted valuable time by not notifying them right away on that Friday evening. Turk adds that he was among hundreds of foot searchers who meticulously scoured the road from the nursing home to the new house that his daughter and Jeff had just built on Jeff's father's golf course and resort in Freehold. But they didn't find a single shard of glass, skid mark or flake of paint to indicate she'd been in an accident. Shortly after he got the call from Jeff, Turk said he was shocked to find his daughter's purse, credit cards and cigarettes in the new house.

I have never heard her purse and credit cards were found in the house.........how very interesting.

I've always wondered if LE ever really scoured the golf course as I find it REALLY hard to believe a car can just disappear. I know people can (somewhat) but I don't believe Audrey chose to leave on her on.

Why is LE not looking closer at the husband? What did he have to say regarding her personal items being at home?

gardenmom
03-15-2005, 12:29 AM
Wow, I didn't know her purse was at home. I don't think she would have gone to work without her purse, at least that is not common. That sure opens up the floor to question the husband. I wonder if her father thinks the husband had something to do with it. Has the husband remarried? Girlfriend? Does he still have the kids? Audrey has struck a cord with me ever since I read she was a Girl Scout leader. I am too, and I am sure she wouldn't have left her children.

stillsearching4aud
03-15-2005, 12:33 AM
I have never heard her purse and credit cards were found in the house.........how very interesting. Yes, her purse, cc's & her cigarettes were at home according to Audrey's father & LE.

I've always wondered if LE ever really scoured the golf course as I find it REALLY hard to believe a car can just disappear. I know people can (somewhat) but I don't believe Audrey chose to leave on her on. LE did do a search of the golf course & some forensics were done in their home according to a statement made by Jeff to the Times Union back in March of 2003
--Contacted at home later in the day, Herron said he doesn't know why police would say he's uncooperative.

``I've cooperated with them fully,'' he said. If police have more questions, ``they know where I am.''

``I already took a polygraph,'' he said. Police have taken ``more extreme measures with a forensic team going all through the house and outside.'' His property was searched three times, he said.

``They have used every means they have at their disposal to rule me out, that's what it seems to me,'' said Herron, who works at a golf course owned by his parents.

When told police can't question him without talking to his lawyer, Herron said, ``that must be an understanding they have from my lawyer. That would make sense why they don't bring anything up then.'' Full article can be read here: http://findaudrey.org/textfiles/TU_03-19-03.htm (http://findaudrey.org/textfiles/TU_03-19-03.htm)

Why is LE not looking closer at the husband? What did he have to say regarding her personal items being at home? As far as what Jeff has said or not said to LE, that remains a mystery as does his actions since her disappearance. Although he attended vigils held for Audrey, he has done nothing further to give any impression to others that he cares. This is just common opinion & I believe much of why the rumors & speculation surround him. There have been many things said about him & much of it is not good but I cannot blame anyone for their opinions. It is like watching people give their opinion about Scott Peterson...They are entitled.
I do not speak to Jeff anymore. I can't. I just cannot comprehend his actions & his words to me in conversation throughout & on the 1st anniversary of her disappearance that "what we are doing to find her is a waste of time & that they do not even hang flyers at the golf course" was enough for me. Although I remain with the opinion that Jeff could not possibly do something to her in my heart, his actions speak otherwise to my head. There are just certain things that do not make any sense. WHY? Why would you not search for her? The mother of your children & the wife you loved? That in itself has spoke volumes to everyone who knew her & her family has been ripped apart. I can't help but think that if his actions were more to find her at any cost, that the investigation would have gone in a different direction. In any missing wife/husband case the spouse is always the first suspect...if Jeff had not lawyered up & had been more attentive in the efforts to raise a reward & speak out to others then the community, family & friends would have been more likely to see things differently.
I doubt highly that the opinon of Audrey's father will ever be anything other than suspect of him & his family because he waited so long to call him the morning after. Audrey's mother remains friendly with Jeff.
The whole situation is just so very tragic. Unanswered questions & disbelief that Audrey is still missing plagues us all every day. All we can do is just try to keep her story out there in hopes someone will come forward or that a national media program will pick it up & breathe life back into this case.
We all continue to search for ways to do that but as time passes it is like hitting a brick wall:banghead: .

gardenmom
03-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Marie,
You are a great friend to keep her in the spotlight. If her husband is not doing it, then you should do what you can. I am so glad you have started to post here. I'm so sorry for you personal loss of a good friend.

stillsearching4aud
03-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Thank you Gardenmom...:o

I would like to ask for the help of everyone on this board...:slap:

The company, Cogeco Cable is still unwilling to cooperate with authorities....After a post on Audrey's guestbook about getting a petition together I thought that we should start writing to this company.

Dear Cogeco Cable,
I am writing in hopes that you may help resolve a lead that was tracked back to your company regarding the case of U.S. missing woman, Audrey May Herron.
In October 2004 a subsriber to your company posted as Audrey on her website. Since doing so both LE here in NY & authorities there in Canada have tried to retrieve that subscriber's name to put an end to the thought of it actually being Audrey. You have refused this plea due to the privacy issues of your company.
There is a family here & children, Audrey's children, who hold out hope that this will lead us to Audrey. What your company is doing for the sake of someone's privacy is cruel. You have stated in papers therein that you have spoken to the subscriber but are still unwilling to reveal them to authorities. If in fact this person is Audrey or even if it not, I am begging you to please cooperate & help us put an end to what seems to be another journey of heartache & anguish for this family to go through. And for what? The privacy of a person who thought it to be "funny" to claim they were this missing mother of three?
I am appealing to you as a human, not a company. I am begging you to help us put an end to this unknowing nightmare. This latest lead in her case has brought the family more undue stress & grief not needed.
Think to yourselves how it would feel if it was your daughter, mother, wife or friend. Would you not plead for the same. This family has suffered through almost 3 years of hell. Do you really think the privacy issue is that important?
Regardless, either way, I beg of you to release the information needed to bring closure to this. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Searching for Audrey...
Marie E. Parker

Please, everyone follow this link & write a letter to this company. Maybe we can get them to change their minds & cooperate.
http://www.cogeco.ca/en/index_o.html (http://www.cogeco.ca/en/index_o.html)

We ask everyone to join us in doing this & would appreciate it if you would post your letters here or on Audrey's guestbook to show your support of our efforts to reach out to this company.
We need to end this. If it was not Audrey or if it was...

Thank you for the help,

Searching for Audrey...Marie:innocent:

gardenmom
03-16-2005, 04:33 AM
HI Marie,

Which link are you using for e-mail? I will write something in a few days. I am having surgery tomorrow and will be away from the computer until Sunday. I will write something then.

stillsearching4aud
03-28-2005, 11:51 AM
HI Marie,

Which link are you using for e-mail? I will write something in a few days. I am having surgery tomorrow and will be away from the computer until Sunday. I will write something then.
Thanks Gardenmom. We have had a few people write letters for us so far. Wish we could get more. When following the link provided just use technical support link to send your e-mail. They also have a mailing address as well.

Please, everyone follow this link & write a letter to this company. Maybe we can get them to change their minds & cooperate.
http://www.cogeco.ca/en/index_o.html (http://www.cogeco.ca/en/index_o.html)

Thanks for the help & please everyone visit & sign Audrey's guest book to send prayers or thoughts- it is always helpful to know others are out there supporting us. http://audreymayherron.expage.com

gardenmom
03-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Hi Marie,
The letter has been sent. Good luck.

stillsearching4aud
04-02-2005, 01:37 AM
Hi Marie,
The letter has been sent. Good luck.
Thanks Gardenmom--still no luck with it though:sick:
As for new business...

http://audreymayherron.expage.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/light.pdd.jpg
Please right click to save banner, place on your site and link back to http://audreymayherron.expage.com (http://audreymayherron.expage.com/)

1000 Candles for Audrey

1000 days of missing you
1000 fears
1000 days without your smile & laughter
1000 days of darkness
1000 tears
1000 prayers unanswered...

On May 20, 2005 it will have been 1000 days since Audrey disappeared. We would like to ask you to help us in lighting 1000 candles for Audrey that will be placed near her remembrance bench & lit as a symbol that we have not forgotten each day that has passed without her in our lives.
We ask that you please send a free standing candle & any message you may have for Audrey & her family.
It is our hope that we can light 1000 candles, one for each day that Audrey has been missing. We are hoping to receive one from each state in the United States and would be especially thrilled to have candles from other countries as well. Please include your name and state or country so that we may post where each light of hope originated.

Please send your candle to:

Audrey May Herron Reward/Donation Fund
c/o Parker
36 Neil Blvd
Selkirk, NY 12158

Your participation in this would be greatly appreciated.

stillsearching4aud
04-06-2005, 10:30 PM
http://audreymayherron.expage.com/s...s/light.pdd.jpg (http://audreymayherron.expage.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/light.pdd.jpg)
Please right click to save banner, place on your site and link back to http://audreymayherron.expage.com (http://audreymayherron.expage.com/)

1000 Candles for Audrey

1000 days of missing you
1000 fears
1000 days of darkness
1000 tears

On May 20, 2005 it will have been 1000 days since Audrey disappeared. We would like to ask you to help us in lighting 1000 candles for Audrey that will be placed near her remembrance bench & lit as a symbol that we have not forgotten each day that has passed without her in our lives.
We ask that you please send a free standing candle & any message you may have for Audrey & her family.
It is our hope that we can light 1000 candles, one for each day that Audrey has been missing. We are hoping to receive one from each state in the United States and would be especially thrilled to have candles from other countries as well. Please include your name and state or country so that we may post where each light of hope originated.

c/o Parker
36 Neil Blvd
Selkirk, NY 12158

Your participation in this would be greatly appreciated.

Kelly
04-08-2005, 01:03 AM
I think this is a very awesome, inspired idea and I ask all of you to please take the time to do this and send a candle in honor of Audrey to NY.

With Hope for all of our missing loves ones,
Kelly

nicbok
04-08-2005, 04:51 AM
Candle on the way from Australia, Marie. Audrey is the same age as me, I often check the website. Hugs to you and yours.

stillsearching4aud
04-08-2005, 06:01 AM
Candle on the way from Australia, Marie. Audrey is the same age as me, I often check the website. Hugs to you and yours.
Kelly thank you for bumping Aud's thread with your kind words & support of Audrey....

Nicboc,

You are the first out of the US to offer sending Audrey a candle...GOD BLESS !
We will be posting a list as we are trying to get every state & countries to participate...

1000 days is too many days to wait....I hope we achieve our goal of one candle for each day....

Kelly
04-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Thank you, Nicole.

Who else is in?

Kelly

lady-eowyn
04-08-2005, 12:31 PM
I'll send one. By freestanding I'm assuming it is meant like a small pillar candle?

Kelly
04-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Correct. You would not want to send a tapered candle, for example, as that would require a holder. A thicker based candle would be better, as a lightweight one would topple over easily.

Kelly

stillsearching4aud
04-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Correct. You would not want to send a tapered candle, for example, as that would require a holder. A thicker based candle would be better, as a lightweight one would topple over easily.

Kelly
Thank you Lady...& yes Kelly, great description...:)

So far we are up to 19 people that have posted they will be sending their candles for Audrey. I have not gotten any by mail but there is a reason they call it "snail mail". Will post as soon as one arrives.

I hope everyone joins in and sends one...

Those that are sending a candle, please also visit audrey's guest book to let the family know as they do not really go on these boards...

nicbok
04-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Mine's in the mail today Marie, it should take about a week to reach you from Australia.

hugs, Nicole

stillsearching4aud
04-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Mine's in the mail today Marie, it should take about a week to reach you from Australia.

hugs, Nicole
Hugs back Nicole! & Thank you!!! Looking forward to getting your candle...it will be the first from outside the states!

Candles Of Light For Audrey Already Sent...

(This list will be updated as each candles is received)

Our first candle...

From the family of missing, Lorne Boulet ~

A beautiful lavendar candle...

atop sits a ceramic picture frame

with Audrey's photo surrounded by roses & 2 doves...

Please help find Lorne ~ www.findelorne.faithweb.com (http://www.findelorne.faithweb.com/)

Chichester, New Hampshire

2. From the family of missing, Patricia Viola ~

Along with their candle a lamenated message with short poems/quotes & this message:

"Audrey, we never met you but we feel as though we know you.

Your beauty and love of life has been indefinitely impressed into our brains and hearts by everyone that loves and misses you. We are in your corner to stay and are praying for your safe return."

Love, Your friends to meet from New Jersey-Jim Viola and family"

Please help find Patricia~ http://patriciaviolamissing.homestead.com (http://patriciaviolamissing.homestead.com/)

Bogota, New Jersey

3. From Kelly Jolkowski on behalf of Project Jason who's son Jason is missing~

Jade Butterfly candle & message:

For Audrey & her family & friends- Where there is love, There is hope...

May you have strength at your backdoor so you have it

when you need it

May you have courage in your pocket so you know where to find it*

And, always, may you have hope in

your heart so you never misplace it

Hang in there.

Please help find Jason ~ http://members.cox.net/prayersandposters/ (http://members.cox.net/prayersandposters/)

Omaha, Nebraska

3 candles...only 997 to go...

PLEASE SEND YOUR LIGHTS OF HOPE!

ariel7
04-13-2005, 01:08 AM
I shall send one.
love & prayers,

Ariel

lady-eowyn
04-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Mine should be in the mail this week :o

nicbok
04-13-2005, 03:19 AM
I shall send one.
love & prayers,

Ariel
Ariel whenever I see your name I think about one of my missing girls, her name is Ariel Livesey. I have hardly any info about her so I thought I'd let you know her name so you can keep your namesake in your prayers. She's been missing from the Blue Mountains west of Sydney, Australia since 2003. I would direct you to my site but I have somehow managed to delete my New South Wales file today so here's the info from another website.

http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/missing/livesey.htm

stillsearching4aud
04-13-2005, 09:49 PM

Our first candle...

Please help find Lorne ~ www.findelorne.faithweb.com (http://www.findelorne.faithweb.com/)

Along with their candle a lamenated message with short poems/quotes & this message:
Your beauty and love of life has been indefinitely impressed into our brains and hearts by everyone that loves and misses you. We are in your corner to stay and are praying for your safe return."
Please help find Patricia~ http://patriciaviolamissing.homestead.com (http://patriciaviolamissing.homestead.com/)
Bogota, New Jersey

when you need it
Hang in there.
Please help find Jason ~ http://members.cox.net/prayersandposters/ (http://members.cox.net/prayersandposters/)
Omaha, Nebraska

4. & 5.From Greg, Annette, Emily and Chase Hampton~

2 Chesapeake Bay candles~ Yellow & Purple w/ message:
Hopes and prayers for Audrey's safe return...
Hazel Green, Alabama

5 candles from 4 of the 50 states...
Only 995 to go ~

PLEASE SEND YOUR LIGHTS OF HOPE

http://audreymayherron.expage.com (http://audreymayherron.expage.com/)

http://boards.courttv.com/images/smilies/rose.gif For everyone sending candles & supporting our efforts to find Audrey...God Bless you all!

stillsearching4aud
04-14-2005, 09:56 PM
6.-18. From N.Y.S Attorney General's Office - Civil

Recoveries Bureau~

A variety of glass & free standing candles along w/ a few votive candles & message:

Prayers for Audrey's family & friends...

Albany, New York

18 candles from 5 of the 50 states...

Only 982 to go ~

gardenmom
04-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Bump for Audrey, my candles are on the way.

stillsearching4aud
04-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Bump for Audrey, my candles are on the way.

Received you candles today gardenmom! THANK YOU! You make the 11th state...We are up to 50 candles & only 29 days left! Truly hoping more will come...

Here's updated list...

God Bless you!

Our first candle...

Bogota, New Jersey

when you need it

Hang in there.

Omaha, Nebraska

4. & 5.From Greg, Annette, Emily and Chase Hampton~

2 Chesapeake Bay candles~ Yellow & Purple w/ message:

Hopes and prayers for Audrey's safe return...

Hazel Green, Alabama

6.-18. From N.Y.S Attorney General's Office - Civil

Recoveries Bureau~

A variety of glass & free standing candles along w/ a few votive candles & message:

Prayers for Audrey's family & friends...

Albany, New York

19. From Shirley Laurence

A rose scented candle & message:

For Audrey May Herron's candle service from Oldshirley who posts on

Court TV Message Boards...

This candle was the closest thing to a rose I could send in remembrance of Audrey.

Corpus Christi, Texas

20.- 22. From T. Smith

3 white candles

Longmont, Colorado

21. From Ronnie D'Amario

1 purple votive & added Audrey's banner to UCI Billboard newsletter for us...

http://www.unsolved-crimes.com/newsletter.html (http://www.unsolved-crimes.com/newsletter.html)

*HUGS* ~ Ronnie

New Jersey

22. From Ronnie D'Amario

1 pink votive

Pennsylvania

23.-35. From Dawna Bennett

A variety of 13 candles including a heart shaped candle & message:

Here are my candles for your Lights Of hope project.

I'm AlwaysCurious on Court TV message boards.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and hope that this

project will bring some results.

Burlington,Washington

36.& 37. From Angel Garden of Hope ~ www.AngelGardenofHope.com (http://www.angelgardenofhope.com/)

& Jill Bennet/Carrie Culberson's Mother

2 beautiful purple candles wrapped in satin bag & message:

These two candles are from me & Carrie's Mom. I think this is a great idea here. I'm thinking of you guys always. Audrey is still missing but she's never been forgotten.

Jill

Gainesville, Georgia

Our first candle from out of the country...

38. From The Morris Family

A tall pillar candle & message:

With love & prayers for Audrey's safe return

Queensland, Australia

49 candles from 11 of the 50 states & 1 from out of the country!

Only 950 to go ~

stillsearching4aud
04-26-2005, 05:31 AM
I recieved this message today & thought I would post it here....We truly hope to recieve these candles to light for Audrey...Help us if you can!

I sent everyone the email earlier this week regarding the 1000 lights of hope for Audrey May Herron. Hopefully you had a chance to read it,and possibly buy a candle to send to Marie.If not,your in luck. Country Candles and More graciously offered to discount one of their candles by a dollar,and to also ship it directly to Marie,with your name and adress on it. Please take advantage of the convienence this provides,and send a candle,it means alot to the family,friends,and all of her loved ones. Please forward this to anyone else who might be interested in helping ,as well.
Thank you,
Josie
Country Candles And More offered to discount the sale of her 11 oz jar candle and also include free shipping for Audreys cause. Please take a moment to view the site and purchase one... we would all like to see Audreys case get attention,and to remind us that it is 1000 days of her family,friends,and loved ones missing her deeply.
Thanks aoladp://MA10038018-0001/rose.gif
Josie

http://www.countrycandlesandmore.com/ (http://www.countrycandlesandmore.com/)

lady-eowyn
04-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Sorry, I've been out of town for the last week...I got my candle though, and should get it in the mail tomorrow!!

frisco~owls
04-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Hi! I am the one who sent out the e mails. I really hope that this e mail makes it around the world! : )) Look for 17!! candles coming from Southern Indiana. It was sent out in Monday's mail. People gave me the money and told me to buy a candle and send it...I collected from 16 people : ))

Hugs and May God Bless!

frisco~

frisco~owls
04-26-2005, 10:24 PM
If anyone would like to copy and paste this e mail into your own mail program, please do. Send to all your friends, families, in the hope that they will pass it on!

Thank You,
frisco~

Dear Friends,

As you all know, I am involved with the Missing Children/Adults and this family is planning a '1000 Lights of Hope' for their missing love one. (you can read about it below). Many people in the world, are not aware of the heartbreak, sadness, the loss of a missing loved one, nor have they experienced it, firsthand. Be thankful you have not! But for those who have, it is such an awful heartbreak, not knowing where they are, are they hungry, are the warm.... I ask of you, please, look deep into your heart and send just one candle ( if anything, send the candle because YOUR family is safe at home) any type of free standing candle will do and the cost will be only a few dollars for the candle and the shipping.

Please pass this on to your friends on your mailing list and maybe we can light those '1000 Lights of Hope', not only for Audrey, but for all The Missing around the world. This is NO hoax :))

Thank you,

http://audreymayherron.expage.com/id55.html

1000 Candles for Audrey

1000 days of missing you
1000 fears
1000 days of darkness
1000 tears

c/o Parker
36 Neil Blvd
Selkirk, NY 12158

stillsearching4aud
04-27-2005, 05:56 AM
Many thanks to you all for your support!

christine2448
04-27-2005, 08:29 AM
Just saw this thread. Family and friends in my prayers. I will purchase a candle at lunch today and run it by the PO.

Love to all,
Christine

christine2448
04-27-2005, 11:14 AM
http://www.countrycandlesandmore.com/

This website will discount the sale of her 11 oz jar candle and also include free shipping for Audreys cause. ( I saw this in Audreys Guestbook)

christine2448
04-27-2005, 12:01 PM
I will not post every response I get, but I buy candles all the time and sent out emails to some of the people I purchase from. The 1st one I sent I just rec'd this response. ( think I sent out about 15 emails)

Your very welcome. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

*¤*.¸¸.· ´¨` »Victoria«´¨`·.¸¸ .*¤*

Candles By Victoria
www.candlesbyvictoria.com (http://www.candlesbyvictoria.com)
Hand poured with love...
Home made from the heart
972-772-0656

----- Original Message -----
To: Candles By Victoria (victoria@candlesbyvictoria.com)
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: Candle light vigil for Audrey 1000 candles

Thank you for your kindness!

c/o Parker
36 Neil Blvd
Selkirk, NY 12158
If you view this site it tells you all about it http://audreymayherron.expage.com/id55.html (http://audreymayherron.expage.com/id55.html)

From: Candles By Victoria (victoria@candlesbyvictoria.com)
To: Christine Jones (christinejones@numail.org)
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:47 AM

I am happy to send a candle where do I sent it to?

Candles By Victoria
www.candlesbyvictoria.com (http://www.candlesbyvictoria.com)
Hand poured with love...
Home made from the heart
972-772-0656

To: victoria@candlesbyvictoria.com (victoria@candlesbyvictoria.com)
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:35 AM
Subject: Candle light vigil for Audrey 1000 candles

Please consider donating a candle for Audrey. The below website explains why.

Christine Jones

nicbok
04-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Did mine make it safely over from Australia yet?

frisco~owls
04-27-2005, 07:20 PM
WTG! If we all work together on this, hopefully, we can got those 1000 candles! :)

~frisco

stillsearching4aud
04-28-2005, 05:41 AM
I will not post every response I get, but I buy candles all the time and sent out emails to some of the people I purchase from. The 1st one I sent I just rec'd this response. ( think I sent out about 15 emails)

Your very welcome. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Candles By Victoria
www.candlesbyvictoria.com (http://www.candlesbyvictoria.com/)
Hand poured with love...
Home made from the heart

972-772-0656

To: Candles By Victoria (victoria@candlesbyvictoria.com)
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:50 AM

Thank you for your kindness!

c/o Parker
36 Neil Blvd
Selkirk, NY 12158

If you view this site it tells you all about it http://audreymayherron.expage.com/id55.html (http://audreymayherron.expage.com/id55.html)

From: Candles By Victoria (victoria@candlesbyvictoria.com)
To: Christine Jones (christinejones@numail.org)
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:47 AM

I am happy to send a candle where do I sent it to?

Candles By Victoria
www.candlesbyvictoria.com (http://www.candlesbyvictoria.com/)
Hand poured with love...
Home made from the heart

972-772-0656

To: victoria@candlesbyvictoria.com (victoria@candlesbyvictoria.com)
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:35 AM
Subject: Candle light vigil for Audrey 1000 candles

Please consider donating a candle for Audrey. The below website explains why.

Christine Jones

Thank you Christine & Victoria! Please if you would send these two sites to zeretia@aol.com to post on audrey's site as another outlet to help us get people to send Audrey a candle...We have another site already listed that has offered help as well.

Nicboc,

We recieved your candle, it is our first from out of the states! To a view a full list of all candles sent so far: http://audreymayherron.expage.com/id55.html (http://audreymayherron.expage.com/id55.html)

I am truly amazed...I think we may just get the 1000 candles by May 19th, at least i am hoping so...been getting a candle almost every day.

God Bless you all for your suppport...

nicbok
04-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Great news Marie, I bet you reach your target quickly! Hugs to you and prayers for Audrey.

stillsearching4aud
05-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Hi! I am the one who sent out the e mails. I really hope that this e mail makes it around the world! : )) Look for 17!! candles coming from Southern Indiana. It was sent out in Monday's mail. People gave me the money and told me to buy a candle and send it...I collected from 16 people : ))

Hugs and May God Bless!

frisco~
Fisco- Many thanks...received your candles this weekend...your e-mail campaign is such a great help & idea...
Bless your heart for the support! We are up to 161 candles!

Searching for Audrey..Marie

Sudzi
05-02-2005, 06:39 AM
Albany Times Union Article from this week.

Here (http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=355316&category=REGIONOTHER&BCCode=&newsdate=5/2/2005)

stillsearching4aud
05-04-2005, 06:06 AM
Thanks Sudzi for posting article...

We are up to 275 candles!

Only 16 days left....Tomorrow 5-05...is Sonsia's oldest daughter's 13th birthday...the 3rd w/o her Mom...Please visit & sign Audrey's guestbook for her to send her birthday wishes & prayers...

stillsearching4aud
05-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Another article...Only 15 days left...

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14451073&BRD=1769&PAG=461&dept_id=74969&rfi=8

lady-eowyn
05-05-2005, 08:44 PM
I sent mine...didn't get it out until this week, but it should be there next week.

stillsearching4aud
05-06-2005, 06:10 AM
I sent mine...didn't get it out until this week, but it should be there next week.
Many thanks 'Lady"---We are up to 327....

christine2448
05-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Mailed one for ya a couple of day ago, when you receive it, please realize there is a post it note I accidently left in the box at the PO and it says something about a mail box, LOL, boss asked me to find out if he should place his mailbox in a certian place by the curb and I left the sticky note in the bag with the candle!!!!!

I wish I could be there in person to show my support, but I will be with you in prayer.

Sending hope and love,
Christine

gardenmom
05-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Bump! Have you all sent in your candles? The time is drawing closer.

stillsearching4aud
05-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Christine,

I belive we got yours & the note...but I knew what it meant...lol Thank you!

The time is drawing near...thanks Gardenmom for the bump...we are up to 503...Halfway there...I am hopeful we will reach our goal, for Audrey...

Please all remember...if you cannot get out to shop & send a candle...
www.candlesandmore.com (http://www.candlesandmore.com) has offered free shipping & a discount as well...

God Bless,

luthersmama
05-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Here is a link to a news story that references an internet "hoax" message purported to be from Audrey. It also sounds like hubby isn't being very nice. Hmmmmmm.......

http://www.wnyt.com/x2530.xml?ag=x156&sb=x183

gardenmom
05-17-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm thinking of Audrey this week, won't you join me? This Friday, May 20th has been 1000 days since she has been away from those who love her. God bless you, Audrey, where ever you are.

christine2448
05-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Today Audrey has been missing for 1000 days. Let's all pray for her and family today.

lady-eowyn
05-20-2005, 01:13 PM
sending my prayers...I hope my candle made it...it would have been from Tampa, FL

karmarama
05-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone!

How did the vigil go?

frisco~owls
05-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Fisco- Many thanks...received your candles this weekend...your e-mail campaign is such a great help & idea...
Bless your heart for the support! We are up to 161 candles!

Searching for Audrey..Marie
Marie,

It was the only thing I could think of in helping you. I'm am so glad you recieved 2000+ candles for this!! My prayers and thoughs are with you. Never, NEVER, give up hope. If there is anything I can ever help you with...you know how to contact me. :)

Many Blessings,
~Frisco

stillsearching4aud
05-26-2005, 10:49 PM
In the hopes that this letter will give all of you who could not attend a glimpse into what the 1000 Lights of Hope Ceremony was like, and as a personal thank you from myself for all of your support in making Audrey's 1000th day missing a bit brighter for her family and friends.
~Thank you all so much~

It was a day like no other...With the help of newfound friend, Josie, (who I wish I met 3 years ago-She ran her tail off with the rest of us trying to get things done for this event...), Chris, Audrey's step-Mom, Jeanie, My son, Justin, Maria, Katie Z., Jim Viola & son, Michael & my daughter, Katie...arrived 3 hours early to set up the amazing display of over 2,000 candle of Hope sent from around the world...

Imagine if you can, the beauty of the flame from a candle...it lights the way, when there is darkness. Imagine if you can, the sight of over 2,000 candles lit in Hopes of a friend who cannot seem to find her way home to all those who love & miss her.
I need not imagine for I saw & felt the warmth, strength & Hope from these lights.
There were many of you here, from this board, along with hundreds more from around the world that made surviving yet another day, the thousandth day without knowing what happened to my friend, Audrey, possible.
The amazement in her little boys eyes as the flames flickered & led all who attended to her remembrance bench was heartbreaking & bittersweet...to watch both Quinn & Lillil Katie scurry through to pick out candles for their Mommie to bring home with them was a feeling no words could describe. For their innocence keeps them in that "comfort" zone that as time goes by will dissipate into the lingering knowledge we as adults know the harder version of what it truly means that their Mommie is missing. I thank God, they have not reached that & pray that they do not have to in hopes that we find her first.
Aud's eldest, Sonsia, was & is an amazing heart in search of her Mother & was truly showing her strength as she always does...just like her Mom.
Aud's sister-in-law, Michelle read a heart wrenching dedication poem for 3 solar lights that each of Audrey's children put near the bench...a symbol of an "eternal flame." A symbol of Faith, Hope & Love.
Longtime friend, Corrina, read an amazing poem written by my good friend Maria...through tears...Maria~ You are my backbone, my strength & my best friend to whom through all of this have remained steady right along with me...
I was especially warmed by the show of support for not only Aud but of the families of others missing as we displayed the many candles sent by these families sharing our same heartbreak. Those in attendance read & saw each & I reminded them as I spoke the words Sarah Teague, mother of missing Heather, sent to us...you could see in their eyes...the empathy & shock, for lack of a better word, that so many more remain missing.
Audrey's family, all in attendance, were I believe, very thankful of all the love & support sent, all were amazed as well, with the lighting of these candles for Audrey. We needed this. It becomes much harder as each day passes with no word. Hope tends to fade & these lights, lights sent from around the globe, brought back to all of us that Hope. That hope that is so desperately clung to by each of us.
Many families conveyed their wish to be with us & we were comforted by each knowing that we, in lighting these candles for their loved ones, share their loss with them as they do with ours...Mary & Doug Lyall, Suzie's parents made special efforts after attending the Bike Ride for Missing Children, to join us. They are two amazing pillars of strength. After my daughter read a piece of history on Eaton Patz they helped the children in attendance in lighting a special display of candles in honor of upcoming National Missing Children's Day, as their Suzie falls under that of still being considered a child. Each candle in the display was a child missing here in NY. The display was made by my good friend, Maria...It was beautiful. Jim Viola, Patricia's husband, drove in with their son, Michael from NJ...he arrived early (as usual) to lend his hand in the setting up of the pathway & display. Shooting video for us & just being there with us once again...He truly keeps me going when I get down...he always supports everything we do. He has become a true friend within our tragedies. As the vigil began, my heart was pounding as my good friend, Louise seemed lost in White Hall NY somewhere...She giving us our first light of hope for Audrey & for her dear nephew, Lorne, was to light that candle...Louise, although running late due to attending Timothy Young's funeral stayed her course & arrived just after the lighting but I was so very glad to see her. Hugs from her are just the best...She brought with her, for me, a gift which brought me to tears. A beautiful stained glass candle holder in the color of lavender~ my own light of hope...and a "Beanie Bear" holding lavender flowers & a wonderful card--For a Good friend~...Through the search for my friend, I have been given the gift of new friends...who, in Audrey's absence have kept me going...You all know who you are...
We re-lit candles for her & then with all the kids in hand, her boys, my Katie, Aud's Sonsia & a friend, Priscilla went to the local diner...As we sat there remembering each, Lorne & Audrey through the eyes of the children telling their memories of certain events each had...I watched...Sonsia looks more each day like Audrey & I can't help but feel guilty she is missing out on the laughter & amazement that comes with each visit I have with her...She should be there...like old times after a day of shopping or a movie...
I want each of you to know that what you did for Audrey & her family as well as myself will not soon be forgotten...the feeling of Hope given will remain in my heart as we continue our search to bring Aud home...God Bless each one of you...

Please check site as more photos will be added from the vigil...

PS The next event is 3rd Annual Riding For Audrey! Also, if anyone is interested, we are selling "Bands of Hope & Remembrance...For Audrey"...Details posted on site how to purchase one.

fourboys
08-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Missing mom and nurse remembered

8/29/2005
By: Capital News 9 web staff

A Greene County family is remembers a missing woman three years to the day after she disappeared.

Audrey May Herron was last seen leaving the Columbia-Greene Long Term Health Care Facility on this day back in 2002. Herron worked there as a nurse.

Since that time family and friends have held vigils to keep Herron's name in the news.

The family is also offering a reward for information leading to her whereabouts.

Where is Audrey May?

For more information on the reward leading to Herron's whereabouts, click here (http://audreymayherron.expage.com/) .

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=146839

hockeymom
03-15-2006, 04:32 PM
According to the local news, a truck driver has come forward to say he gave Audrey a ride to Florida the night she disappeared.Police are investigating.
Family and friends say,"no way",she was too good a mother to leave her children. Apparently this is very upsetting to her daughter who thinks her mother might have abandoned her.

If this is true,what took the guy so long to remember,and where is her car. Did it just evaporate?

gardenmom
03-15-2006, 07:20 PM
According to the local news, a truck driver has come forward to say he gave Audrey a ride to Florida the night she disappeared.Police are investigating.
Family and friends say,"no way",she was too good a mother to leave her children. Apparently this is very upsetting to her daughter who thinks her mother might have abandoned her.

If this is true,what took the guy so long to remember,and where is her car. Did it just evaporate?
Well, I'd rather think she ran away than was killed, but I just don't think so. I wonder if her friend still comes here. I haven't seen her in awhile.

hockeymom
03-15-2006, 07:28 PM
gardenmom,
I was hoping with this news she may come back on the forums.I'd rather think she ran away too,but from everything said about her it sounds like it was foul play.

Jessica
03-16-2006, 12:36 AM
This truckers story is strange to say the least. Where has he been all this time - he is just reporting this now? Audreys car has been missing apparently all this time. If he gave her a ride what happened to her car?
Jessica

welder 79
03-17-2006, 08:41 PM
she's still missing that's so sad...few year's back i got to talk to one of her family member's it might been one of her sister's? been few year's ago but she was so nice and this had to happen to there family make's it that much more sad to happen to very nice people..i still look close at every jeep i see no matter what color it is

Kelly
04-08-2006, 03:16 AM
Marie Parker, friend of, and advocate for missing Audrey May Herron, shares her story about how psychics preyed upon their family.

This post is a part of a series entitled "Psychics and Missing People", the goal of which is to help families of the missing understand techniques used by psychics, and that use of psychics in missing persons cases not only doesn't net results, but causes great pain, potential loss of hope, and wasted resources.

You can read her story here:

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2006/03/33106-pmp-sylvia-and-friends-part-ii.html

The series starts with this link, if you would like to read it from the beginning:

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2006/03/30606-pmp-introduction-to-psychics-and.html

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

gardenmom
04-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks Kelly, I will read it. Audrey has had a special place in my heart. I am so glad she has Marie in her corner. She has really tried to get her friend home. Audrey would be proud of her.

welder 79
04-08-2006, 11:27 PM
thank you Kelly, Iam behind you 100% so what if you make some one mad it's not the 1st time they been mad and won't be the last..i saw it somewhere i think it was in a u.s. govt web site..that flat out told people that any true and real good Psychic's will never ask for no money what so ever!! because there book contract's, talk show fee's, and reward's they get for there help sloving LE case's they have some money allready and will never ask for any money from the family's...only highly questionable Psychic's ask for money..

MICHELLE TURK
10-27-2006, 12:28 AM
HI ALL,THIS IS MICHELLE, AUD'S SISTER N LAW, JUST WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW WHAT CAME OUT OF THE TRUCK DRIVER THAT THOUGHT HE PICKED AUDREY UP THIS PAST DECEMBER IN FLORIDIA AND GAVE HER A RIDE!!!

A TRUCK DRIVER CAME FORWARD STATING THAT HE GAVE AUDREY A RIDE IN HIS TRUCK IN FLORIDIA THIS PAST DECEMBER!!
HE CALLED THE NYS POLICE AND OUR DETECTIVE'S WENT TO FLORIDIA AND TOOK OVER 100 HAIR SAMPLES FROM HIS TRUCK AND SENT THEM OUT FOR DNA TESTING!! WE JUST GOT RESULTS THIS AM..

AND WITH MY DEEPEST REGRETS.... THE RESULTS CAME BACK AND THIS MORNING AUDREY'S MOM GOT THE NEWS THAT NONE OF THE SAMPLES WERE A MATCH TO OUR AUDREY:sick:

THIS IS NOT NEWS THAT ANY OF US WANTED!!! WE WERE SO DESPERATLY HOPING THAT FOR SOME REASON OUR AUDREY HAD LEFT ON HER OWN AND THIS PERSON WAS HER!!!

FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS OF AUDREY ARE NOT TAKING THIS TO WELL AS THIS WAS OUR ONLY LIGHT OF HOPE IN OUR AUDREY'S CASE IN 4 YEARS
AND CAN SAY WE ARE DEVISTATED!!!!

IT SADDENS ME SO, BECAUSE NOW WE ARE BACK TO SQUARE 1 AND NO CLOSER THAN WE WERE AUGUST 29TH 2002.
MY HEART ACHES, MY EMOTIONS TORN APART, AND MY FAITH OF ANSWERS DWINDLING...
WE CAN NOW CONTINUE HOPING AND PRAYING THAT SOME ONE SOME WHERE WILL COME UP WITH THE LEAD WE ALL SO DESPERATLY WANT TO COME TO CLOSURE IN THIS NEVER ENDING NITEMARE!!!

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WHO HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE FOR AUDREY IN YOUR HEARTS AND KEEPING THE FAITH THAT SOME DAY WILL WILL KNOW SOME ANSWERS!!!!!

MAY GOD HEAR OUR PLEAS AND OUR PRAYERS AND FIND IT TIME TO ANSWER THEM FOR US ALL, ESPECIALLY HER CHILDREN AND HER PARENTS!!!

ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS, MINDS AND SOULS AUDREY!!!!
LOVE ALWAYS,
YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!!

Straitfan
10-27-2006, 02:12 AM
I am truly sorry your family did not get any answers once again, though there is a part of me that believes the answer lies with the huband, and I unfortunately have always felt that way, right or wrong.

Straitfan
10-27-2006, 02:56 AM
Sometimes, it becames necessary for one to broaden one's mind. I do believe there are some psycic that are good, ie the particular case works, etc But I don't believe one can just pick any psycic maybe we need to wait for God because he reveal the truth which I mayself feel lie's with the husband. Think he knows the truth wish the family would pressure him way further..

Straitfan
10-27-2006, 03:06 AM
It would appear everyone knows, "who" the answer lies with in this case, just wonder why everyone appears to tiptoe around him, endlessly i might add..He better be more than happy that it was not my sister, cause I would have had no reason to appear so nice.

KT Can
10-27-2006, 03:35 AM
Michelle, I am so sorry this latest lead did not offer any resolution for your family and for Audrey's friends. I did not know Audrey but I think about her, her children, her family and her friends often and I'm always checking her website and praying that there will be an update each time I click the link. Although I personally never believed that it was Audrey the truck driver picked up, I am still sorry that it wasn't her. Audrey and her kids are the same age as me and my kids and I just truly feel that Audrey would have never left her children of her own accord. I will continue to pray that the answer to this mystery comes and that Audrey is found and reunited with her family soon.

Much love,
Karen

P.S. One thing that has always bothered me about Audrey's case is the lack of media attention and the seemingly lack of urgency shown by the powers that be in regards to finding her.

docwho3
10-27-2006, 07:27 AM
I hope that in time she will be found.

I took the time to read the entire thread from beginning until now so I would have an idea what is going on with the case.

I can see why there is suspicion of the husband but so far I have been reminded by other similar cases to be careful of jumping to conclusions.

Previous cases posted on websleuths have taught me:
No matter how many searches were done it is always possible they just missed finding the vehicle in a body of water, especially if there is a river or creek near the road where she could have missed a turn in fog or darkness/rain.

I once was convinced an estranged husband was guilty of the disappearance of his wife and their disabled daughter who had disappeared on a trip to visit relatives or something. He had always claimed he got a cell phone call the night of the disappearance saying they were drowning and then the call was cut off. Because cell records showed the call as coming from an area that should not have been part of her normal route to take for the trip and also because many searches of the area and waterways had all come up empty over the years, I suspected he had something to do with disappearance.

It turned out he was telling the truth and one day, years later, the van was found. They had detoured due to construction and had driven into a creek during rain and had hit a very deep spot and the van (yes a van) had settled in between sandbars so the doors would not open and even probing with poles had previously failed to find the van. Seems like it was in about 16 feet of water if I remember right.

I learned right then to never discount the possibility that a search or even several searches just failed to find what was there to be found.

At this point I see nothing in the public posts (although I did not read every news link in every post) to strongly indicate the husband is guilty of her disappearance. (I hope I did not read through too quickly and miss something important. That sometimes happens.) If reports of her being happy and calling home about the raise are correct it does not sound as if anything was wrong. The bad weather is fairly significant as it could have played a big part in her disappearance.

The guestbook post someone spoke of could be evidence if it was ever proven to have been sent by the husband or someone tied to him in any way. I seem to remember seeing a case on TV where a false email was sent by the perp. to make people think the missing person was alive and well somewhere unknown when in fact she was dead. Or the guest book post could be someones sick joke. I suppose L.E. can find out if they need to bad enough.

Unless L.E. found forensic evidence of wrong doing by the husband I tend to think that in time the vehicle will be found in water somewhere along her route of travel that night.

MICHELLE TURK
10-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Thank You For All Your Caring And Kind Words, Means Alot To The Family!!!!
Strait, Yes Thank God It's Not Your Sister Because U Wouldn't Want To Live The Nitemare We Are Living, I Wouldn't Wish This On Anyone!!!
As For The Husband, You May Know Something We All Don't!! But As Of This Time With 4 Yrs Of Investigations, The Police Have Not Linked Him In Any Part Of This!!! So Until Evidence Proves Different, People Can't Go Accusing People Of Crimes, Especially Murder...
But When The Time Comes, The Guilty Party Whom Ever It May Be Will Be Prosicuted To The Fulliest!!!!
I'm Sorry If Some Of Us In Audrey's Family Still Hold A Light Of Hope
That For Some Odd Reason, Our Audrey Is Out There Waiting To Come Home To Her Children!!! And Will Keep Holding That Faith Until Proven Different!!!!!
Doc, I Agree With U Completely!!! And Like U Said About The Investigation And Over Looking Things I Believe That Is Very Very Possiable!!! Something Just Keeps Saying They Missed Something, They Passed Over That Small Part That Didn't Just Seem Important At The Time~~
Can't Tell U How Many Times We Have Stressed This Matter And To Go Back And Re Investigate, Re Interview, Maybe Some Fresh Minds In The Case Would Help!!!!
As For Phychic's We Have Tried Many, Many Of Them With Nothing Panning Out As Of Yet!!!! I Have Emailed Several New Ones That We Have Not Tried, With Hopes That One Will Open Their Hearts And Try To Help Us In This Matter!!! Will Keep Trying Till We Find The Right One Who Can Give Us More Info....
KT.... TY ALSO, AND YES U ARE RIGHT OF LACK OF MEDIA, HATE HOW THEY CAN PICK AND CHOOSE WHOM GETS NATION WIDE ATTENTION AND WHOM DOESN'T IT NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR AT ALL...
AND NOW I GUESS AUD'S CASE WILL SIT BACK ON THE SHELF COLD WITH MANY OTHER CASE'S TILL SOMETHING NEW FALLS INTO "SOMEONE'S" LAP...:( AND I CAN TELL U THAT DOES NOT SIT WELL WITH ANY OF US!!! MAKES ONE SICK TO THEIR STOMACH!!!
But Again, Thank You All For Your Caring Hearts!!!! Means The World To Us!!!
God Bless
Michelle

Boyz_Mum
10-27-2006, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=MICHELLE TURK]I'm Sorry If Some Of Us In Audrey's Family Still Hold A Light Of Hope
That For Some Odd Reason, Our Audrey Is Out There Waiting To Come Home To Her Children!!! And Will Keep Holding That Faith Until Proven Different!!!!! (snipped quote for space)

Michelle you never have to apologize for having hope! I am sorry that the truckdriver's information didn't resolve this case. I pray that you and your family do find all of the answers you want regarding Audrey. My thoughts are with you and your family.

MICHELLE TURK
10-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Boyz, Thank You Hun!!!! You Know U Just Have To Hold The Hope And Keep The Faith, As Far Fetched As It May Seem, No One Wants To Think That Their Loved One Has Had Something Awful Happen To Them!!!
We All Want Them To Be Ok And Dont' Want To Think The Worst!!!
And Was Just Hoping And Praying That It Was Aud, We So Badly Wanted It To Be!!!!!!!!!
God Bless Hun!!!!!!
Michelle

Boyz_Mum
10-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Boyz, Thank You Hun!!!! You Know U Just Have To Hold The Hope And Keep The Faith, As Far Fetched As It May Seem, No One Wants To Think That Their Loved One Has Had Something Awful Happen To Them!!!
We All Want Them To Be Ok And Dont' Want To Think The Worst!!!
And Was Just Hoping And Praying That It Was Aud, We So Badly Wanted It To Be!!!!!!!!!
God Bless Hun!!!!!!
Michelle
You're welcome Michelle! Faith and hope are sometimes the two things that keep me going! You all (Audrey's family) aren't alone in your prayers!
God Bless you too!

CyberLaw
10-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Keep up the hope, never get up and only think the best. Try not to allow "any negative thoughts" to enter your mind except that Audrey will come home.........keep positive.

findlorne
10-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Michelle~
How are you?
I am sorry that I missed you for the NY State Missing Persons Remorial. Once again, we had a convoy... that won't change.
I want you to know that I attending wearing Audrey's t-shirt, now that Lorne has been recovered.
If there is anything I can do to help in your search for your sister-in-law, please don't hesitate to write... FindLorne@yahoo.com
Hugs to you my friend and please keep your chin up,
Louise

Straitfan
10-29-2006, 03:30 AM
I was trying to check Audrey's website just the other day, indicated it was down for construction .. was hoping for some possible good news.. May God Bless her children, family and friends..:angel:
OK, just ck again, there are 2 websites (which I knew long time ago but had hope for Audrey they may have been combined for a united front.) Guess as of now it is seperate, one site it available, the other at this moment is not.

Straitfan
10-29-2006, 03:47 AM
Michelle,

I hope you understand my intentions. I am not saying her husband overall has anything to do with her disappearance but there have been alot of unanswered questions as well as things that just don't add up since the beginning.

My only hope and prayer is that there is an answer for the children's sake as well as the rest of her family.. God Bless

Straitfan
10-29-2006, 04:05 AM
Does anyone know what happened to Marie Parker (Audrey's friend) She has not posted in a real long time.. I miss her! Marie if you are still lurking. please let us know.. Take care

gardenmom
10-29-2006, 11:14 AM
I think of Audrey often too. Her beautiful face just jumped out at me the first time I saw her. She looks like someone who would have been a joy to be around. I just wanted you to know that she was on usamissing last week. This is a weekly TV show featuring unsolved missing persons. Unfortunately it is not shown everywhere, and when it is shown it is late at night. I have found it on my local channel and tape it everyweek. I think its on at like 4:00 AM. For anyone interested go to www.usamissing.com.

**I just checked and Audrey was featured Oct. 9th, not last week.

turbosleuthing
10-30-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm glad others think of Audrey too.

This case puzzles me b/c not only is Audrey missing but her car as well. I am curious to know if they ever checked the golf course the hubby's family owns. (I think I remember reading somewhere they owned a golf course)

Audrey and her family is always in my prayers.

EdinburghLass
01-01-2007, 04:36 AM
I wonder what happened to Audrey's webpage. It seems to have been down for awhile now..

Thinking of Audrey and her lovely kids...

Straitfan
01-26-2007, 01:09 AM
I wonder what happened to Audrey's webpage. It seems to have been down for awhile now..

Thinking of Audrey and her lovely kids...
I wonder about that also.. Maybe her friend, Maria Parker, didn't have the strength to continue...Don' know but she was from what I could tell the very best friend someone could have.. God Bless all of them, especially the children.

Marie, if you are out there somewhere lurking, can you let us know your ok please. :angel: Hope you are doing ok..

Rle7
09-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Audrey May Herron's father Ray Turk, Sr. said, "It hasn't been easy. What can I say? You just miss her everyday. Everybody says it gets easier, but it doesn't. It gets worse I think."

On the five-year anniversary of his daughter's disappearance, Turk waxes his wife's car. He says he just tries to keep himself busy -- anything to take his mind off that August night in 2002.

Turk said, "I didn't find out that night or I would have been out looking for her. I didn't get a call until the next morning. I called state police to have them get out there and start looking because they weren't even notified."

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=219521

EdinburghLass
11-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I was just looking if Audrey's page was back up and came across a new one -

http://riding4audrey.com/

I thought this was an interesting comment on the page.

REMARKS
Audrey May Herron was last seen wearing dark green medical scrubs and a blue turtleneck. She had on a yellow gold necklace with a pendant reading "#1 Mom", and a watch with a white leather band and a white metal face. Herron may wear eyeglasses. She has a mole on her right knee and a scar on the thumb portion of her hand.

There is some controversy regarding the remarks above, according to some reports she was wearing the necklace described above. Friends and family members are not quite certain of this and have some uncertainty as to whether this was indeed the case. No one is certain at this point as to who gave the information about the necklace to the police or the FBI.

gardenmom
06-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Bump. Please come home Audrey.

Julessleuther
03-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Thought this needed bumping...

gaia227
03-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks for bumping.

Whenever I think of Audrey I think about Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone. I don't think the cases are connected but they are similar. Imbo and Petrone were driving home from dinner w/ friends in New Jersey when they and the SUV they were driving vanished. No trace of them has ever been found.

The biggest thing that bothers me about Aubrey disappearence is the discovery that her purse, cigarettes and credit cards were at her home. Did she really go to work without her ciggies and wallet? It almost looks like Audrey made it home at some point. Were the children usually in bed by the time she arrived home? It also bothers me that it wasn't reported until the day after. I know that if I did not make it home withint 2-3 hours of when I said I was coming my fiance would be freaking out calling the police - he has before and as a result I always call and let him know if I am stopping off. I tend to think that it was not normal for Audrey to go out after work so the hubby didn't think it was worrisome when she wasn't home by oh, 2:00am?

monkalup
03-07-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?..._id=74969&rfi=6

Greene County woman missing for six years
By Ariel Zangla, Freeman staff
08/29/2008
Email to a friendPost a CommentPrinter-friendly

Audrey May Herron
CATSKILL - It's been six years since Freehold resident Audrey May Herron last was seen by family, friends and co-workers.
Herron, 31 at the time, left work at the Greene County Long Term Health Care Center in the Jefferson Heights section of Catskill the evening of Aug. 29, 2002, and vanished without a trace.

Herron, a licensed practical nurse, left the health facility driving a black 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee with New York license plates X23-3UV but never came home to her husband and three children.

The vehicle also remains unaccounted for.

Scott Youngblood, a senior investigator at the state police barracks in Catskill, said Herron's case remains open and that local investigators constantly are being contacted by law-enforcement agencies from around the country and the world regarding similar cases and the discoveries of any unidentified human remains.

Advertisement

"We know that there's someone out there that has information on what happened to Audrey May Herron," Youngblood said, adding that anyone with information about the case, no matter how insignificant it may seem, should call the Catskill barracks at (518) 622-8600.

Immediately after Herron's disappearance, police and volunteers conducted ground searches by retracing her possible routes home, covering about 120 miles of roads and trails. Police also used helicopters to trace the routes Herron might have taken.

Youngblood said police have rechecked those possible routes two or three times over the past six years. He also said police have received no tips about the case since a deck of New York "cold case" playing cards was released in May by state authorities.

The cards, relating to both homicide and missing-person cases, were given to jail and prison inmates in hopes they might recognize someone and be able to provide authorities with information. Herron's card is the jack of diamonds.

At the time of her disappearance, Herron was described by police as white, 5 feet tall and 105 pounds, with hazel eyes and light brown hair. She last was seen wearing green medical scrubs and a blue turtleneck top.

KT Can
10-28-2009, 03:30 AM
bumping for Audrey...

dreamweaver
10-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Last year, I got very interested in the Audrey Herron case and looked up everything possible on it.
I do not recall reading that her cigarettes and purse were at her house.
But I do not doubt that.
What I found interesting, is that her husband took one lie detector test and refused a second one.
He did allow 3 searches of their property. But, were the house and garage searched?

Audrey H left work around 11:00pm that night. It was summer, foggy and rainy.
It was 12 miles to home. She would have been home by 11:30pm or 12am,
if she did make it home.

dreamweaver
07-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Bumping up the info about Audrey May Herron:
http://riding4audrey.com/

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=192440030551&ref=ts

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/herron_audrey.html

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/audrey-may-herron/

http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=150.0

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/wanted_and_missing/Missing/view.cfm?ID=f860ff51-da46-4356-8219-b64ac26445aa

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300201S

http://www.nampn.org/cases/herron_audrey.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/herron_audrey.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-02-2010, 04:57 AM
Kids turn out to support missing kids

By the whooping of the hundreds of A.W. Becker kids lined up outside the school’s entrance Friday you would have thought Miley Cyrus was on the way.

But what had the kids cheering was the third annual Greater Capital District Ride for Missing Children bike caravan snaking southward down Rte. 9W and onto the school grounds.

[snip]

Shirley Olmsted, mother of Audrey May Herron, a Greene County nurse who has been missing since August 29, 2002, said events like the Ride for Missing Children are indescribable. “They provide so much hope for the families,” she said.

Herron’s oldest daughter, Sonsia Court, graduated from RCS High School in June, 2010.

Ironically, Sonsia is now studying nursing at Columbia-Greene Community College and working in the same place, the Greene County Long-Term Health Care Center in Jefferson Heights, where her mother was employed and where she was last seen.

Olmsted said she wanted to thank the riders for their continued support.

http://www.thedailymail.net/articles/2010/09/30/ravena_news/news/doc4ca0a63fb33db934778490.txt

Texas Mist
02-10-2011, 06:22 PM
just got this poster in my email

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/Texas_Mist/Missing-Abducted/AUDREY-MAY-TURK-HERRON-23-CATSKILL-NEWYORK-AUG2002.jpg

EdinburghLass
02-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks for bumping Texas Mist. I think of Audrey often.

KT Can
04-03-2011, 12:07 AM
bumping for Audrey...

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-11-2011, 01:42 AM
Missing, never forgotten

The 10th annual New York State Missing Persons Day was an opportunity to remember those who are missing and to find new strength to push ahead.

[snip]

Hamilton came to the event after volunteering with her husband, Tom Hamilton, in the efforts to raise awareness and find Audrey May Herron, who disappeared Aug. 29, 2002, while on her way home from Catskill to Freehold.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/default/article/Missing-never-forgotten-1330425.php#ixzz1JBrhMeXm

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
05-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Hundreds take part in Ride for Missing Children

Patrick Alford, Jr., Audrey May Herron, Craig Frear. These are the faces of the missing, the inspiration to the hundreds of bicyclists pedaling in the Ride for Missing Children.

http://centralny.ynn.com/content/top_stories/544054/hundreds-take-part-in-ride-for-missing-children/

KT Can
03-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Bumping this thread up for Audrey. Where is she, and where is that darn jeep?

She and I were the same age and had kids the exact same age when she went missing...I think of her and her children often. I would really like to see an ID channel episode of "Disappeared" done for her as well.

tbw10567
08-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Bumping for 10 year anniversary..

Someone knows something. Never give up!

tbw10567
08-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Missing, but not forgotten
10th anniversary of Audrey May Herron’s disappearance

http://www.thedailymail.net/articles/2012/08/29/news/doc503da7f71a028968004944.txt

JustJosie
08-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Bumping for the 10 yr anniversary
Audrey's FB page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/192440030551/

ksprincess
12-04-2012, 12:25 AM
I saw lots of Audrey's friends and family requesting that Katie Couric feature Audrey's case on an episode of her show so I thought I would come and bump up her thread.

summer_breeze
08-14-2013, 06:58 AM
http://www.dailyfreeman.com/articles/2013/08/14/blotter/doc520ae21fa7e68550936417.txt

Published: Wednesday, August 14, 2013
By ARIEL ZANGLA
Freeman staff

HANNACROIX, N.Y. -- A bike run and benefit will be held this month in honor of Audrey May Herron, who has been missing nearly 11 years.

TechWriter797
09-16-2013, 07:42 PM
It's very possible that her vehicle went off the road and was never found. I know that people have searched the route. It would be difficult to see a black vehicle in a densely wooded area. What would it take to search the entire route again -- maybe by air? I'd be willing to donate some money towards a new search. I'm sure others would, too.

tee9800
10-04-2013, 01:20 PM
I would be willing to donate.

AmbitiousAmanda
05-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Reviving this thread.
Thought of this case today-- my dental hygienist was very good friends with Audrey. I believe she said she is the godmother of her kids, in fact.
I'm trying to look into other articles that are more clear on the stories.. it's been a while since I've been to the dentist and spoke with the hygienist about any of this, so I don't remember all of the case.

When they searched Jeff's house, I think I read somewhere they searched his home and his property three times?... Did the police find her keys, wallet, purse, phone, cigarettes, etc.?

Did the police try to get Jeff's father to take a polygraph? If so, why?-- I'm just wondering.

Did she have a cell phone? Does anyone know if it was with her? Did the police try to locate anything related to her by looking into the cell phone records? I believe there is a way to get a general location of someone or the phone if it is on via cell towers; which it is receiving signal to.

Still hoping for the best.
-Amanda

Redux
05-23-2014, 10:37 AM
A little clip from CBS. Doesn't seem to say much more than we already know. Good to see it in the news - it looks like it's a recent clip. Audrey's mom... :(

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/features/top-story/stories/cold-case-audrey-may-herron-15833.shtml

AmbitiousAmanda
05-23-2014, 04:21 PM
A little clip from CBS. Doesn't seem to say much more than we already know. Good to see it in the news - it looks like it's a recent clip. Audrey's mom... :(

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/features/top-story/stories/cold-case-audrey-may-herron-15833.shtml

Ah! The video in the link has been deleted. :(