PDA

View Full Version : Police: Boy Did Not Die In Fall, It Was Homicide

mysteriew
08-25-2005, 01:44 AM
The death of 3-year-old Quazir Davis has been ruled a homicide.

The boy was found dead Tuesday in north Philadelphia. The Philadelphia Medical Examiner's Office said Wednesday that an autopsy showed the boy died from blunt force trauma, not from a fall.

Late Tuesday night, homicide and crime scene investigators combed through a north Philadelphia apartment on Tioga Street, removing several bags of evidence.

Police also took the resident of the apartment, Althia McKee, into custody for questioning Tuesday night.

McKee, identified as the child's caretaker, had told police that Quazir fell from a set of monkey bars at a nearby playground.
http://www.nbc10.com/news/4892537/detail.html

mysteriew
12-28-2005, 05:04 AM
Just before he was beaten to death, a 3-year-old boy apologized to the woman charged with repeatedly striking him for making noise in the early-morning hours, a neighbor testified at a preliminary hearing yesterday for Alethia McKee.
"I heard, 'You woke me up' and a lot of hitting," said Major Best, a resident of the Tioga apartment building where Quazier Davis was fatally beaten in August.
"The last thing the child said was, 'I apologize for playing with my toys at this hour of the morning,' " Best testified. "He could barely even say it. I was like, 'Somebody's gotta do something.' "
McKee is charged with murder and endangering the welfare of a child. At yesterday's hearing, Municipal Court Judge Nazario Jimenez Jr. ordered her held over for arraignment Jan. 18.
McKee, 26, who also goes by the name Aulexus Wingate, was a friend of the Davis family who regularly cared for Quazier. The two were so close that the boy called her "Grandma."
Prosecutors said that about 4 a.m. Aug. 23, McKee became furious at Quazier for playing with his toys. They said she began berating the child and struck him with such force that it awakened Best, who lived two doors down the hall.
Best called police, and two officers soon arrived to investigate the disturbance. After entering McKee's apartment, they asked her about the noise.
She explained that her screams were the result of loud sex with her boyfriend, who was also Quazier's maternal grandfather. The officers checked on the boy, who was sitting in a bathtub and appeared fine.
"The mortal wound to the child was internal, and he was sitting upright in the tub with his back to the officers," who could not see any bruising, Assistant District Attorney John Carle said after the hearing.
The officers had received a report of a woman screaming and knew nothing about the child beating, Carle said.
Shortly before 11 the next morning, paramedics were called to a playground at 20th and Estaugh Streets, where Quazier was found limp and unresponsive on the ground.
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/pennsylvania/13496921.htm

jennirey
12-28-2005, 11:43 AM
This is my first post to actually comment. When I was 9 years old, My brother who was 18 months old at the time was beaten severely on the face and head by the babysitter with the buckle end of a belt. She was not sent to Jail, because she was pregnant and had 4 other children of her own to care for and her husband was an OTR driver. She did however get her caregivers license taken away. (real big todaa there, huh like she canít just babysit with out it) This was in Illinois in the 70's, Little towns did not view Child abuse as such a horrific crime then, they were more concerned that they would break up the neat little family unit, which is probably so screwwed up now. If one of us would break a rule, we would all be lined up and spanked with the belt. I was 9 and never thought what she did was so wrong.

I am so thankful the world has woken up and taken notice and is finally giving these poor kids justice. I think flogging and public stoning should be reinvented in crimes against children. This hurts my heart.

Jennirey

{Seeking Justice for Sam Lea}

mysteriew
12-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Jennirey, thank you for posting.
I am so sorry to hear about your brother. Were you there at the time that happened to your brother? Have you ever considered contacting the prosecutor in the county where that happened and tell him your story?

jennirey
12-28-2005, 12:14 PM
I was at school, I remember my parents sent a note, that I was supposed to go to the other babysitters house that day and that Mom and Dad would be late. My brother is 28 years old now And about to graduate with his masters degree. in finance, She has already been tried, She cannot be tried again. It was a jury who let her off. I dont think they thought to call us Children to give testimony about her character.. I, 9 at the time, Do not think I would have been very credible either. Our family moved away and did not really look back.. I think it goverend the way my parents disciplined him growing up.. possibly making him more spoiled. (but thats just a Big sister talking)
I am just glad the world has wised up and is taking this type of crime seriously and punishing when punishment is needed.

mysteriew
12-28-2005, 12:27 PM
I am glad that he survived. Yes, prosecutors and juries were very different then. And parents must have done something right, if he almost has his master's, lol. Though I know siblings often see things differently.

Amraann
12-28-2005, 01:29 PM
Jennirey I am sorry to hear your story but happy you all turned out ok.

Welcome to Websleuths:)

T'sNana
12-28-2005, 01:43 PM
This just breaks my heart!! So many people out there should not be allowed to have children. This little boy was beat for playing with his toys? :furious:

Belinda
07-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Aulexus L. Wingate

Aliases:
Alexandria Bennz
Alethia McKee
Janice McKnight
Alexandria B. Tatyanna
Alexis Tatyanna
Alexandria B. Wingate
Alexis Wingate
Alexus Wingate
Aulexus Wingate

Sentence Date: 04/30/2007

Offense: Murder
Sentence: 10 years - 20 years

Offense: Endangering the Welfare of a Child
Sentence: 2 years 6 months - 5 years

Sentences are consecutive.
Projected Release Date: Unknown

05/29/2007 - Appeal Filed
08/05/2008 - Appeal Dismissed
11/10/2008 - Post-Conviction Relief Petition Filed
05/05/2010 - Appeal Filed

Priors: Numerous prostitution and blocking the roadway charges.