PDA

View Full Version : Update On WS'ers

Amraann
09-06-2005, 10:49 AM
HI eveyone!
I thought we had a thread in the JR but I can't find it now so I thought I would start a new one now that some time has gone by.

Has everyone heard from friends and loved ones?
Are any WS members missing?

I know of two who lived in LA. One was not in threat of being hit with the hurricaine and the other has called and is fine!
Has power and supplies and their house faired very well.

Also our very own Animal was relieved to hear from her friend who boards her beloved Horse. They are fine as well:) As is her Horse.

Please share your updates of friends and loved ones and yourselves too!

MK

WISCer
09-06-2005, 01:38 PM
I know you probably don't remember I live in LA because I don't post much...but I'm fine. Just very distraught over what's happening. Trying to volunteer and help in any way I can. My God, children are dying in my state from hunger. :(

Amraann
09-06-2005, 01:50 PM
HI WISCer

It is awful and I don't think that anyone inside the USA doesn't feel the same as you even if not from LA.

I am glad your ok.
Any word on your friends and family?

WISCer
09-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Had a cousin and family "missing" for a while. But now they and all other family members are accounted for. Other than house damage all is okay.

mysteriew
09-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Had a cousin and family "missing" for a while. But now they and all other family members are accounted for. Other than house damage all is okay.

I am very happy to hear that you and your family are ok. How bad is the house? Are you having any problems with food, etc?

Casshew
09-06-2005, 02:59 PM
I am wondering how Civilatty is, I beleive she is in the New Orleans area... but I could be wrong.

tybee204
09-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I think I saw her logged in the other night

Tom'sGirl
09-06-2005, 03:12 PM
I think I saw her logged in the other night
Her last posting it seems was August 25th on the Laci thread..........hope she evacuated and is okay!

Marthatex
09-07-2005, 01:25 AM
My nephew was evacuated immediately by bus up to Jackson,Ms. (Tulane knew what to do LOL) Smart people there.

He had to go back to Hawaii to school until he can go back to Tulane. 6 months? year? who knows.

Our friends who own a Bed & Breakfast on Napolean Ave. left and found that those homes are pretty salvageable. It's getting back services that's the problem (city) Waiting to move back.. The Garden District is better off than other areas.

The zoo animals made it - they're my friends.

WISCer
09-07-2005, 01:19 PM
I am very happy to hear that you and your family are ok. How bad is the house? Are you having any problems with food, etc?

Hey, I live in north LA but have a lot of family in south LA. Thanks for asking.

2sisters
09-07-2005, 04:37 PM
We are ok in MS. No power yet but we just got a generator so I kind of feel normal again. I can't describe how cut off and helpless we felt with no news or any other human contact. The generator is the best thing I've ever bought.