PDA

View Full Version : "Leave for a little while"

Casshew
09-07-2005, 09:07 AM
"Leave for a little while. Let us get you to a better place, and let us clean it up," he said.

Nagin made this statement yesterday. I don't think he should be making false promises like this. New Orleans could be gone for good. 'a little while' is a blatant mistruth IMO

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/07/katrina.impact/index.html

SieSie
09-07-2005, 12:21 PM
DH and I were wondering why they even let the people back in. They honestly think they can get them out now? I don't see it happening.

joanofarc
09-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Are they seriously going to rebuild this city just to have it happen again....?? If they do, I hope for the citizen's sake they build those levees bigger and stronger at least to withstand a Cat 5 this time....

I am sick they are pumping all that toxic water into the Lake and there was talk yesterday that it may even enter the Mississippi River....what are the long term ramifications of doing this...have they carefully thought all of this through...

I sympathize with all affected but wonder can this city really truly be saved??

less0305
09-07-2005, 12:44 PM
DH and I were wondering why they even let the people back in. They honestly think they can get them out now? I don't see it happening.

My thoughts exactly!!! Force them out in one neighborhood, invite them back in in another. A news reporter on Fox this morning was showing some lights on - places that had power. You know people are going to rush back in there and want to stay.

DEPUTYDAWG
09-07-2005, 01:43 PM
My thoughts exactly!!! Force them out in one neighborhood, invite them back in in another. A news reporter on Fox this morning was showing some lights on - places that had power. You know people are going to rush back in there and want to stay.

I would agree there. How confusing - mandatory mandatory evacs (!) in some areas, then allowing others back in, and can't they stay until the end of the week or something?