PDA

View Full Version : White Hen Rape as Mgr. Kept Watch!

golfmom
09-13-2005, 12:18 PM
The girl's family is filing a civil suit against White Hen, but I'm thinking they should file some charges against the judge in the criminal matter. In spite of the accused rapist being an illegal alien AND having previous brushes complaints with inappropriate sexual behavior and conduct with young teens, this guy gets bail and DISAPPEARS ... what a surprise!

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-rape13.html

Suit claims girl raped at White Hen as manager kept watch

September 13, 2005

BY STEVE PATTERSON Staff Reporter

The 14-year-old Winnetka girl was riding her bike home from a summer softball game when she stopped at the White Hen Pantry near New Trier High School.

It was there, according to a lawsuit filed Monday, that she was raped by a store employee, while the store manager kept watch so the rapist would not be disturbed.

Oviedo, 22, was charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse. Though he was an illegal immigrant, a judge released him on $75,000 bond, court records show.

'Numerous prior occasions'

Oviedo, who last lived in the 6700 block of North Sheridan Road in Chicago, never showed for an initial court hearing, and Adams believes he fled to Mexico.

Adams said many schoolchildren visit the store at 88 Green Bay Rd., and there have been "numerous prior occasions" where Oviedo enticed "other young girls" with "sexually, explicitly and suggestive conversations."

The lawsuit claims the store manager provided Oviedo with a condom from the store shelves before Oviedo "explicitly propositioned" the girl. It says Oviedo locked himself in a stockroom with the girl, who told him "I don't want to do this; I want to leave; you're hurting me," but he raped her twice.

mysteriew
09-13-2005, 01:01 PM
:furious: This is crazy! They let him out on bond? :banghead: Even if he was entitled to bond (I don't think he should be, because he was definately a danger to the community) he should have been kept in jail, on a hold for a deportation hearing!
The article doesn't say, but I wonder if the manager was charged with anything? He should have been charged also, he handed the guy a condom- that shows that he knew what was about to occur- he should have been charged as an accessory or complicity or contributing or something!