PDA

View Full Version : 2005.09.21 Emergency Landing jetBlue flight

fran
09-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Right now there's an emergency landing procedure going forth in California. It's a jetBlue flight from Burbank to New York, with 140 passengers on board.

There was difficulty when retracting the front nose gear upon take off. A low fly pass at Long Beach airport revealed the front gear is down and locked but at a 90 degree angle. It's said that on impact of landing, the gear may buckle and break off. They're talking about a soft field landing (to keep the nose up).
It's not clear which airport they're going to land. (talking about Long Beach possibly)

The plane just finished dumping their fuel into the Pacific Ocean.

Hold your breath and pray.

fran

mic730
09-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Anyone watching? Please pray - there are 145 people aboard.
Landing gear is twisted, plane duming fuel to prepare for emergency landing.

closing - see other thread. :D

tybee204
09-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Is trying to make a "soft Landing" has dumped fuel and is circling for emergency landing in Burbank

Per Fox News live

Schmerty_Jones
09-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks for giving us the heads up!Prayers for a successful landing& the safety of crew & passengers. Keep us posted. I'll check Nor Cal news.

Casshew
09-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Fran posted first! Wow, this is scary -keep us posted

mic730
09-21-2005, 07:47 PM
I almost can't watch this Live.

Dark Knight
09-21-2005, 07:47 PM
That's the company that used to be called ValuJet, if I remember right. Lord please be with them for a safe landing.

JBean
09-21-2005, 07:48 PM
This is incredible. Thanks for the heads up Fran.

scandi
09-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Thanks Tybee,

I've never heard of Jetblue. Is that a regular airline co? I just saw it flying on TV and it looks huge - kind of a round fat body.
circle

Hope it makes it down safely. Hard to imagine dumping a whole tank of fuel. Think he dumped it in the ocean?

Questions, Questions LOL
Scandi

JBean
09-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Looks like they are going to go for LAX

JBean
09-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks Tybee,

I've never heard of Jetblue. Is that a regular airline co? I just saw it flying on TV and it looks huge - kind of a round fat body.
circle

Hope it makes it down safely. Hard to imagine dumping a whole tank of fuel. Think he dumped it in the ocean?

Questions, Questions LOL
ScandiHi Scandi..jetBlue is a no frills airline probably new in the the last 10 to 15 years or so I'm guessing?

fran
09-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Looks like they are going to go for LAX

That's what it looks like jelly. LAX is most equipped for emergency landings.

JMHO
fran

FACE-IT
09-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks Tybee,

circle

Questions, Questions LOL
Scandi
scandi, that's SOP for any airliner that is in trouble, along the coast. Keep me tuned in.

fran
09-21-2005, 07:54 PM
They're confused, on the local news, on whether they've been able to dump their fuel or not. :snooty: ........Oh, they're thinking this airplane doesn't have the dumping capability.

That would be alot of fuel to land with in an emergency. Enough to go to New York.

fran

Casshew
09-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Paul and I saw a jet dumping fuel a few weeks ago - it was having an emergency landing during the Air Show (military jet) it looked like a large stream of mist from both wings and then it looked like streaky rain falling - it all dissipated/disappeared in the atmosphere before it got anywhere near the ground.

Prayers for everyone on Jetblue

JBean
09-21-2005, 07:57 PM
scandi, that's SOP for any airliner that is in trouble, along the coast. Keep me tuned in.Shepard Smith just said he doesn't think they can dump fuel because it's an airbus. It also sounds like they are still undecided as to which airport

says they cannot dump it and they are flying around to burn it off.

fran
09-21-2005, 07:59 PM
A guy who is the head of the pilot's assoc. or something, said this is very uncommon problem. They actually have capability inside the plane to turn this gear manually, but it seems it isn't working. Earlier they said it was locked in place.

jetBlue just started flying out of Burbank in March of this year.

JMHO
fran

PS....I can't keep this straight. First they say Burbank, now they're saying their West Coast hub for jetBlue is Long beach. But, they took off from Burbank.

DUMPING FUEL, airbus 8320 doesn't have capability to dump so they're flying off the coast of Long Beach to burn off fuel. This could take a very long time. fran.......... :rolleyes:

FACE-IT
09-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Shepard Smith just said he doesn't think they can dump fuel because it's an airbus. It also sounds like they are still undecided as to which airport
I only hear about the onnes that dump fuel--it has happened numerous times out of San Francisco. One fairly recently was a flight to China, and they had to come back right after they took off; they dumped all of that fuel over the ocean before cioming back in for a landing.

T'sNana
09-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Should land just fine...high probability.

JetBlue has great maintenance records and safety records.

JBean
09-21-2005, 08:03 PM
I only hear about the onnes that dump fuel--it has happened numerous times out of San Francisco. One fairly recently was a flight to China, and they had to come back right after they took off; they dumped all of that fuel over the ocean before cioming back in for a landing.That makes sense to me Buzz..I'm just reporting what Shepard Smith said. he made it sound as though he hd just confrimed that? and that they were flying to burn it off. But I think MsNBC is reporting that they have already dumped it!

T'sNana
09-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Now they ARE saying they CAN'T dump the fuel.

scandi
09-21-2005, 08:06 PM
It will land at 5:25pm at LAX, good approach pattern, long runway and some of the best rescue folks around + extensive emergency resources. That's why LAX was decided on.

145 passengers on board, heavy laden with producer, actor types who travel back and forth to NYC on a reguylar basis.

Can't put the nose down early or it will tip the plane and make it spin off to one side. The front landing gear is stuck at a 90 degree angle going toward the back of the plane.

There dear Buzz! I'll keep you tuned in. LOL

Scandi

concernedperson
09-21-2005, 08:06 PM
I was involved in a situation like that years ago. It was an Eastern Airline flight from Atlanta to Miami. We dumped fuel and landed on foam at Miami International. We were all OK but upset. That was the first time ever that I saw flight attendents drinking the little vodka bottles straight up. So, it does happen and has happened before.

T'sNana
09-21-2005, 08:07 PM
I was involved in a situation like that years ago. It was an Eastern Airline flight from Atlanta to Miami. We dumped fuel and landed on foam at Miami International. We were all OK but upset. That was the first time ever that I saw flight attendents drinking the little vodka bottles straight up. So, it does happen and has happened before.
WOW!!!! I would have been fighting her for the bottle!

JBean
09-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Sounds like Long beach airport has just too many obstructions in the way. LAX is looking the best for now.

JBean
09-21-2005, 08:11 PM
It will land at 5:25pm at LAX, good approach pattern, long runway and ome of the bes rescue folks around + extensive emergency resources.They are trying to burn off as much fuel as possible..lots of drag right now. they are a bit concerned about the nightime and evening fog.
All passengers will be braced 5 ot 30 secnds prior to touch down.

T'sNana
09-21-2005, 08:13 PM
That would be the longest 30 seconds!! They are trying to burn off as much fuel as possible..lots of drag right now. they are a bit concerned about the nightime and evening fog.
All passengers will be braced 5 ot 30 secnds prior to touch down.

scandi
09-21-2005, 08:15 PM
10 min to go before they land. Emergency crew on hand and ready at LAX. Will be a delicate landing job. People probably being prepared on their positioning so that if the nose goes down hard it will be safer for them. Stewardesses all probably taking little nips of vodka!

God Bless the pilot and co-pilot and the man with the mike in the tower.

Scandi

6 min to go

JBean
09-21-2005, 08:16 PM
That would be the longest 30 seconds!!No chit!!! Our local LA channels are still reporting that they are undecided on the airport.

T'sNana
09-21-2005, 08:18 PM
none of us really know who is reporting the correct info...if any. God Bless them!! Apparently MSNBC is what the people on the plane can pick up on TV on the plane!!! No chit!!! Our local LA channels are still reporting that they are undecided on the airport.

fran
09-21-2005, 08:18 PM
No chit!!! Our local LA channels are still reporting that they are undecided on the airport.

Jelly, channel 7 says LAX. ;)

JMHO
fran

concernedperson
09-21-2005, 08:19 PM
WOW!!!! I would have been fighting her for the bottle!
Don't worry we all had our own. I felt OK that my life insurance premiums were paid up and the kids would be OK. The position for crash landing still stays with me after all these years.But what was interesting is the behavior of others as I always thought that they would at least pretend to be OK but in life and death situations we all come back to who we really are. Just people with real people concerns. So, our heros are us. So, if you think you can't make a difference think again.

Sometimes a step isn't gigantic but maybe someone else can't make that step. I have seen this over and over. Never give up on people sometimes they just need the step.

JBean
09-21-2005, 08:19 PM
90 more minutes in the air..no decision as to where they will land

T'sNana
09-21-2005, 08:21 PM
That had to be so scary, yet comforting to see how people can make a difference. Glad you made it okay! Don't worry we all had our own. I felt OK that my life insurance premiums were paid up and the kids would be OK. The position for crash landing still stays with me after all these years.But what was interesting is the behavior of others as I always thought that they would at least pretend to be OK but in life and death situations we all come back to who we really are. Just people with real people concerns. So, our heros are us. So, if you think you can't make a difference think again.

Sometimes a step isn't gigantic but maybe someone else can't make that step. I have seen this over and over. Never give up on people sometimes they just need the step.

indigomood
09-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the info....My dad and sister fly this airline all the time to CA. They love it. I'm praying very hard right now that within the hands of the skilled pilot and a bit of luck, this stressful situation will resolve with a safe outcome for all those onboard.

fran
09-21-2005, 08:25 PM
90 more minutes in the air..no decision as to where they will land

Turn on channel 7. They even know the runway at LAX. Of course, they still say landing at 5:25 and that would be now. :slap: not happening

fran

concernedperson
09-21-2005, 08:26 PM
That had to be so scary, yet comforting to see how people can make a difference. Glad you made it okay!

They will too. The pilots are great in emergencies. Landing gear problems are more common than you think.

BTW, we made in on the news in Miami.Not that I ever want to experience that again.

scandi
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
It's 5:30. Now they are saying it will land in 5 - 10 min. Also that passangers do have MSNBC on board and might be watching!

Scandi

JBean
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Turn on channel 7. They even know the runway at LAX. Of course, they still say landing at 5:25 and that would be now. :slap: not happening

franChannel 4 says another 90 minutes in the air and that they are looking at Edwards airforce base as well. But probably LAX or even Palmdale or Long beach.

JBean
09-21-2005, 08:29 PM
CHannel 4 is talking to Jet Blue Fran..I think they may be more on it?

concernedperson
09-21-2005, 08:29 PM
This is a skill for the most rudimentary pilots but of course, I live in Delta territory.

fran
09-21-2005, 08:30 PM
This former pilot is saying this really isn't a big deal. Oh, good........they don't even practice this problem emergency. :(

The reporter said he thinks there's 139 people up there that would disagree.

JMHO
fran

fran
09-21-2005, 08:32 PM
CHannel 4 is talking to Jet Blue Fran..I think they may be more on it?

LOL, from the source. Of course. :silenced:

fran

JBean
09-21-2005, 08:33 PM
This former pilot is saying this really isn't a big deal. Oh, good........they don't even practice this problem emergency. :(

The reporter said he thinks there's 139 people up there that would disagree.

JMHO
fran Boy you got that right Fran!
Channel 4 is still saying they will not attempt to land until they burn off more fuel..minimum of 60-90 minutes.

Sniffy38
09-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Can you just imagine being onboard that flight and watching it happen on TV? MSNBC was one of the stations chosen to be shown during flights. They said that each person has their own TV - no first class.

God bless the pilot, crew and all the passengers.

fran
09-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Boy you got that right Fran!
Channel 4 is still saying they will not attempt to land until they burn off more fuel..minimum of 60-90 minutes.

From what I've heard, at the end of the day, it's up to the pilot when they land. He has the final say.

They're talking to the Fire Dept who is lining the runway at LAX, 25 Left, and they don't know when it's going to land. They are saying stay away from that side of the airport.

They need to land before sunset because the sun would be right in the pilot's eye.

JMHO
fran

JBean
09-21-2005, 08:40 PM
From what I've heard, at the end of the day, it's up to the pilot when they land. He has the final say.

They're talking to the Fire Dept who is lining the runway at LAX, 25 Left, and they don't know when it's going to land. They are saying stay away from that side of the airport.

They need to land before sunset because the sun would be right in the pilot's eye.

JMHO
franThey are interviewing the Long beach Fire chief and he said as of a minute ago they have been told to stay on standby. Although it looks like LAX, they may change their mind at the last.

fran
09-21-2005, 08:42 PM
They are interviewing the Long beach Fire chief and he said as of a minute ago they have been told to stay on standby. Although it looks like LAX, they may change their mind at the last.

Now they're saying they'll land before 6:00.

fran

concernedperson
09-21-2005, 08:42 PM
If the pilot is up to his skills it will be OK. No worry. As he should be.

JBean
09-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Now they're saying they'll land before 6:00.

franThis is really incredible. Like a movie. They are also saying 16 minutes at LAX on channel 4 now,.,per JetBlue

JBean
09-21-2005, 08:57 PM
I got bumped off this flight:

http://www.airdisaster.com/special/special-aa191.shtml

T'sNana
09-21-2005, 09:01 PM
OHHH MYYYY GOSH!! You were blessed!I got bumped off this flight:

JBean
09-21-2005, 09:02 PM
OHHH MYYYY GOSH!! You were blessed!Thank my lucky stars every day. There was a mix up on my reservation and i had to leave one day early on the same flight. i was so mad i had to cut my trip short. But it is sad to know that someone was in my seat.

fran
09-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Thank my lucky stars every day. There was a mix up on my reservation and i had to leave one day early on the same flight. i was so mad i had to cut my trip short. But it is sad to know that someone was in my seat.

Oh Jelly, this is so scary and sad. I remember when this happened. You are truly blessed.

fran

JBean
09-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Oh Jelly, this is so scary and sad. I remember when this happened. You are truly blessed.

franyep I am.

They are starting to land!

fran
09-21-2005, 09:13 PM
The pilot appears to be calm and almost casual.....guess he's not worried. ;) That's good.

fran

T'sNana
09-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Crossing my fingers, toes, legs and eyes!!! Gosh, I'm a nervous wreck...can't imagine what THEY feel like. These pilots are amazing under stressful situations....not great at being a boyfriend (at least not for me) but some never get to show their true skills.

indigomood
09-21-2005, 09:17 PM
I got bumped off this flight:

OMG how frightening {{{JBean}}}! I'm so happy things turned out the way they did for you and I can certainly understand the bittersweetness of it all. Grateful that your own life was spared but saddened by the loss of another. Life is funny that way and really it's all a crap shoot in the big scheme of it all. I fly out next friday on a little 50 seater, I'm always nervous to begin with but when we have heightened tv coverage/air incidents just before travel, I usually call my doc for a few ativans/valium, LOL! :chicken:

indigomood
09-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Crossing my fingers, toes, legs and eyes!!! Gosh, I'm a nervous wreck...can't imagine what THEY feel like. These pilots are amazing under stressful situations....not great at being a boyfriend (at least not for me) but some never get to show their true skills.
:laugh: Crossing my fingers, toes, legs and eyes!!<--- That made me smile!! Whatever it takes, we will cross it!! Lots of prayers going up!

mic730
09-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Beautiful from what I can see!

T'sNana
AMAZING LANDING....AMAZING SKILLS!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!! Some GOOD news!!!!!

MrsMush99
It landed SAFELY!!! Thank God!

fran
Ahhhh.......safe! :woohoo:

fran

JBean
09-21-2005, 09:21 PM
That was awesome.

T'sNana
09-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Glad I could give you a smile....didn't want my comment to be inappropriate...but I have a weird sense of humor at times. *HAPPY DANCE*:laugh: Crossing my fingers, toes, legs and eyes!!<--- That made me smile!! Whatever it takes, we will cross it!! Lots of prayers going up!

indigomood
09-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Amen!!!! http://bestsmileys.com/religous/5.gif

Linda7NJ
09-21-2005, 09:22 PM
WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :woohoo:

indigomood
09-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Glad I could give you a smile....didn't want my comment to be inappropriate...but I have a weird sense of humor at times. *HAPPY DANCE*
for me, a bit of levity helps when a situation is very stressful. :blowkiss:

JBean
OMG how frightening {{{JBean}}}! I'm so happy things turned out the way they did for you and I can certainly understand the bittersweetness of it all. Grateful that your own life was spared but saddened by the loss of another. Life is funny that way and really it's all a crap shoot in the big scheme of it all. I fly out next friday on a little 50 seater, I'm always nervous to begin with but when we have heightened tv coverage/air incidents just before travel, I usually call my doc for a few ativans/valium, LOL! :chicken:
HI Indy :blowkiss: You'll be just fine!

Shadow205
:clap: :clap: :clap: I hope someone takes the pilot a clean pair of underware!

T'sNana
09-21-2005, 09:24 PM
No kidding!!:laugh: :clap: :clap: :clap: I hope someone takes the pilot a clean pair of underware!

concernedperson
09-21-2005, 09:24 PM
I said early on these pilots are skilled.Don't think for a minute that neophytes are propelling these planes.

indigomood
09-21-2005, 09:25 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: I hope someone takes the pilot a clean pair of underware!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

fran
09-21-2005, 09:25 PM
The tire looks like it burned out entirely during landing. There were lots of flames.

Easy for us to sit here and say, this was no big deal. But imagine being inside that plane and going past a slew of fire engines, rescue squads, ambulances, police cars....................Coulda' ended up badly.

Hats off to this pilot. :dance:

JMHO
fran

indigomood
09-21-2005, 09:28 PM
HI Indy :blowkiss: You'll be just fine!
:blowkiss: It's only a 50 seater and there is no proper gangway, I climb up the steps etc to board. It barely looks airworthy... :o

JBean
09-21-2005, 09:30 PM
:blowkiss: It's only a 50 seater and there is no proper gangway, I climb up the steps etc to board. It barely looks airworthy... :oWell, I still say you'll be fine! It IS airworthy!!!!:D

indigomood
09-21-2005, 09:31 PM
The tire looks like it burned out entirely during landing. There were lots of flames.

Easy for us to sit here and say, this was no big deal. But imagine being inside that plane and going past a slew of fire engines, rescue squads, ambulances, police cars....................Coulda' ended up badly.

Hats off to this pilot. :dance:

JMHO
fran
I can't imagine fran, sheer terror. even with the shade closed on the window, one would know that emergency vehicles etc would be there. That knowledge alone would have me terrified...

Olivia77
I'm so glad they landed safe and sound, I'm watching them disembarking.

In 1997 I was on a flight into Reno and our landing gear failed - it was the scariest moment of my life, the sheer terror of everyone on the plane made it worse, I was convinced I was going to die. We flew around until we were almost out of fuel and made a landing with only half of our airflaps. When we landed the ground was surrounded with ambulances + fire trucks. It was terrifying and everytime I go to land now, I am so afraid.

I hate flying, hate hate hate it.

Casshew
wtg jetblue crew! :woohoo:

That was something to watch... I have no nails left from chewing!

indigomood
09-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Well, I still say you'll be fine! It IS airworthy!!!!:D
you da greatest bean! I have a whole week+ to get my nerves in check! :)

indigomood
09-21-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm so glad they landed safe and sound, I'm watching them disembarking.

In 1997 I was on a flight into Reno and our landing gear failed - it was the scariest moment of my life, the sheer terror of everyone on the plane made it worse, I was convinced I was going to die. We flew around until we were almost out of fuel and made a landing with only half of our airflaps. When we landed the ground was surrounded with ambulances + fire trucks. It was terrifying and everytime I go to land now, I am so afraid.

I hate flying, hate hate hate it.

hugs to {{{Olivia77}}} and {{{concernedperson}}} and {{{JBean}}} and all those who survive air incidents. I imagine a lot of the sheer terror is fed by the panic of others on board? Do you feel that the sense of impending doom can be exarcerbated or mitigated to a certain degree by how well the cabin crew maintains some sort of control or calm within the cabin? I'm sure it is easier said than done.

JBean
09-21-2005, 09:44 PM
you da greatest bean! I have a whole week+ to get my nerves in check! :)
:laugh: Do you want me to send you the t shirt folding video for your last minute packing ?

indigomood
09-21-2005, 09:46 PM
:laugh:Do you want me to send you the t shirt folding video for your last minute packing ?
:slap: I'm not going to last minute pack, whatever I forget to pack gives me an excuse to go shopping! works for me! I still have that link, it is too funny! Can't make out a damn word but I think I have mastered the art! lmao

JBean
09-21-2005, 09:47 PM
One of the passengers is reporting that they DID watch the MSNBC coverage!

ETA: They were able to watch for about an hour and then they cut it off well before the landing. He said there was lot of hand holding going on and some passengers needed more comforting than others.

indigomood
09-21-2005, 09:52 PM
One of the passengers is reporting that they DID watch the MSNBC coverage!

ETA: They were able to watch for about an hour and then they cut it off well before the landing. He said there was lot of hand holding going on and some passengers needed more comforting than others.

sounds like some debriefing needs to take place... God bless them all

dani
09-21-2005, 09:56 PM
My DH said, "Why's it taking so damned long to open the hatch and let the passengers off?" I said, "It takes time for 140 people to change their underware." :D

I'll bet they gave the pilot a standing ovation.

dani

ETA: Ok…next time I'll read the thread before I crack my silly jokes. :blushing: (Oh well, hubby laughed.)

mysteriew
09-21-2005, 09:59 PM
I watched the dramatic landing earlier. Wow! I can only imagine how scared those people must have been. So glad it landed safely. I wonder how many will get into another plane and fly off?

concernedperson
09-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Did I say the pilots would be skilled?They were and we can go on from this. It is a near disaster that didn't happen. Look at what is happening that is not in our control.

indigomood
09-21-2005, 10:07 PM
My DH said, "Why's it taking so damned long to open the hatch and let the passengers off?" I said, "It takes time for 140 people to change their underware." :D
dani
"It takes time for 140 people to change their underware." <----yep, that gives a whole new meaning to the word "debriefing"!

dani
09-21-2005, 10:40 PM
:laugh:
"It takes time for 140 people to change their underware." <----yep, that gives a whole new meaning to the word "debriefing"!

Now THAT'S funny!

JBean
09-21-2005, 10:42 PM
"It takes time for 140 people to change their underware." <----yep, that gives a whole new meaning to the word "debriefing"!ROFLMAO!

SieSie
09-21-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm just catching this thread, so I missed most of it, but I did see some replays on Fox - :clap: to the pilot for an incredible landing! I'm so glad everyone is safe.

I once heard that the reason people are told to assume the "crash landing" by putting their head between their knees is so that they'll die on impact instead of being maimed for life and the airlines having to pay tons of claims. Does anyone know if that's true?

PaperDoll
09-22-2005, 12:43 AM
I was at the gym when I saw this on their TV... Came home to finish watching and praying they would have a very safe landing.. the prayers worked and I'm so thankful everyone made it out of that plane... :clap:

lostfaith
09-22-2005, 02:04 AM
I'm just catching this thread, so I missed most of it, but I did see some replays on Fox - :clap: to the pilot for an incredible landing! I'm so glad everyone is safe.

I once heard that the reason people are told to assume the "crash landing" by putting their head between their knees is so that they'll die on impact instead of being maimed for life and the airlines having to pay tons of claims. Does anyone know if that's true?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Wow! I'd like to know the answer to that one!

I missed the whole thing, I was at work and did not even know it was going on! :(

Dark Knight
09-22-2005, 06:45 AM
Praise the Lord for the safe landing!!!!! :) :) :)

dani
09-22-2005, 10:45 AM

Even if that were true, I don't see how it would relieve the airlines of paying claims. Family members are still going to file against the airline. :twocents:

tybee204
09-22-2005, 05:39 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9430871/

• Exclusive look
Sept. 22: NBC's George Lewis reports on the JetBlue plane's landing and the dramatic video from inside the cabin.

T'sNana
09-22-2005, 05:56 PM
That was great video and heartwarming!http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9430871/

• Exclusive look
Sept. 22: NBC's George Lewis reports on the JetBlue plane's landing and the dramatic video from inside the cabin.

T'sNana
09-22-2005, 05:58 PM
My brother always said it was to kiss your bum goodbye. :p I'm just catching this thread, so I missed most of it, but I did see some replays on Fox - :clap: to the pilot for an incredible landing! I'm so glad everyone is safe.

concernedperson
09-22-2005, 06:02 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9430871/

• Exclusive look

Thanks Tybee, that was so cool! Boy, it sure brought back some memories for me. The passengers reactions were exactly like I remembered.Especially the hoorays once the plane landed and it didn't explode. I love good endings...fav movie "You've got mail".