PDA

View Full Version : Please, everyone who is staying in Rita's path

Observer
09-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Please make sure you have shoes on, no matter what time of day or night it hits. So many people got injured down here during Andrew because they weren't up and dressed and ended up running outside barefoot. You can see that in Katrina pictures as well.
Be dressed, be prepared, be safe.

Mabel
09-23-2005, 09:40 AM
If I were in Rita's path one of the things I'd do is write contact information all over my kids with a permanant marker - if I had little ones. There are still something line 2,000 kids from Katrina that haven't been reunited with their parents.

mysteriew
09-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Before land telephones and cell phones came back into service after Katrina- internet came back up. People were able to access the internet, but families didn't know where to look for info on them. Set up an online meeting place for anyone there. Even if they don't have a battery operated laptop, they may know someone who does. After the storm the family can leave a message at the meeting place and the rest of the family will know to look there for a message.

mysteriew
09-23-2005, 03:49 PM
If I were in Rita's path one of the things I'd do is write contact information all over my kids with a permanant marker - if I had little ones. There are still something line 2,000 kids from Katrina that haven't been reunited with their parents.

This should also be done by adults.
Name, SSN, and a contact number- preferable one outside of the affected area, if possible. Even if you think you are safe from the hurricane, but may have problems with flooding or tornados.