PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Mindy McCready???? She's not right in the head.

Dark Knight
09-24-2005, 06:08 AM
(AP) Country singer Mindy McCready was hospitalized after overdosing on antidepressants early Friday following a quarrel with the father of her unborn child.

She was in fair condition Friday afternoon, officials said.

According to a police report, McCready and William McKnight were arguing on the phone about whether his parents would help pay for the pregnancy. He cursed at McCready and she became angry and took about 30 antidepressant pills, the report says.

After McKnight called her back and she didn't answer, he called police and an ambulance.

McCready's lawyer did not return a phone message to his office.

McCready, 29, has had a series of legal and personal problems in recent months, including a drunken driving arrest in Nashville, a (previous) suicide attempt and an arrest in Arizona on charges stemming from her involvement with a con man she said she was trying to help police catch.

McKnight was also charged earlier this year with trying to kill her. McCready said he punched her in the face and tried to choke her.

Last year, McCready was charged with obtaining the painkiller OxyContin fraudulently at a pharmacy. She pleaded guilty and was placed on three years' probation.

McCready had a No. 1 hit in 1996 with "Guys Do It All the Time."

tennessee
09-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Scary that this woman is pregnant. She needs some serious help.

JMHO

Pandora
09-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Since she split from Dean Cain, she has been going down-hill. I'm hoping they will place her in some kind of protective custody until the baby is born. My sister-in-law had to go off all anti-depressants while pregnant, and trust me when I say she NEEDED protective custody. What happened with her and what appears to be happening with Mindy M., isn't far removed from the Andrea Yates scenario.

Casshew
09-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Intervention.. Intervention!

Poor little baby inside her :(

CyberLaw
09-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Unfortunately she is now known as the Courtney Love of Country Music

I do hope that he baby is O.K. and that she does nothing else to harm herself and the baby.

I can't imagine this women being a Mother, she harms herself and has issues bit time. Is anyone going to look out for the baby once it is born.

Sally
09-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Good thing you explained that she's a country singer because I've never heard of her. I guess crazy comes in all sorts of packages.

JDB
09-24-2005, 12:01 PM
You know this is scarey for sure.Mindy had the world at one time. I think this is a case of a singer making it big to fast. Who did not know how to handle her sucess. I saw her on a Geogre Strait tour years ago when she was just starting out. I sure hope she does get help quick.

Jules
09-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Another article:

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,17440,00.html

McCready OD's Again

by Charlie Amter
Sep 24, 2005, 8:05 AM PT

For the second time in two months country singer Mindy McCready has been hospitalized for a drug overdose. And like before, the Friday morning incident appears to have been a suicide attempt.

According to police reports, the "Guys Do It All the Time" singer was admitted to a Nashville hospital after ingesting more than two dozen antidepressants following a fight with the father of her unborn child.

God help her child....

BillyGoatGruff
09-24-2005, 02:19 PM
(AP) Country singer Mindy McCready was hospitalized after overdosing on antidepressants early Friday following a quarrel with the father of her unborn child.

She was in fair condition Friday afternoon, officials said.

According to a police report, McCready and William McKnight were arguing on the phone about whether his parents would help pay for the pregnancy. He cursed at McCready and she became angry and took about 30 antidepressant pills, the report says.

After McKnight called her back and she didn't answer, he called police and an ambulance.

McCready's lawyer did not return a phone message to his office.

McCready, 29, has had a series of legal and personal problems in recent months, including a drunken driving arrest in Nashville, a (previous) suicide attempt and an arrest in Arizona on charges stemming from her involvement with a con man she said she was trying to help police catch.

McKnight was also charged earlier this year with trying to kill her. McCready said he punched her in the face and tried to choke her.

Last year, McCready was charged with obtaining the painkiller OxyContin fraudulently at a pharmacy. She pleaded guilty and was placed on three years' probation.

McCready had a No. 1 hit in 1996 with "Guys Do It All the Time."
So who is this woman and why should anyone care?

JDB
09-24-2005, 02:49 PM
So who is this woman and why should anyone care?
Well lets see . This woman is a Human being that has many problems that some of us just happens to like her Music for startsI can see some around this board does not care about someone elses problems.But you know what that is OK . To each his or hers own

BillyGoatGruff
09-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Well lets see . This woman is a Human being that has many problems that some of us just happens to like her Music for startsI can see some around this board does not care about someone elses problems.But you know what that is OK . To each his or hers own
Well, I'm getting the impression the only reason anyone cares because she appears to be famous. I say 'appears', because I have never heard of her before. I have a real problem with celebrities being considered news items, unless they're actively committing felonies, ala OJ & Michael Jackson.

Dark Knight
09-24-2005, 08:11 PM
Well, I'm getting the impression the only reason anyone cares because she appears to be famous. I say 'appears', because I have never heard of her before. I have a real problem with celebrities being considered news items, unless they're actively committing felonies, ala OJ & Michael Jackson.
Then don't click on the link or read it. Simple as that.

Amraann
09-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey!!

Tone it down ok??

No attacks. Thank you NO need to coment about anothers posters actions.

Dark Knight
09-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey!!

Tone it down ok??

No attacks. Thank you NO need to coment about anothers posters actions.
You talkin' to me? :blowkiss:

WISCer
09-24-2005, 09:30 PM
The really sad thing is, that with two attempted overdoses, she's probably caused irreversable damage (cognitive) to her baby. This baby doesn't stand a chance of a decent life if someone doesn't get a grip on his/her mother! :(

Dark Knight
09-24-2005, 09:48 PM
The really sad thing is, that with two attempted overdoses, she's probably caused irreversable damage (cognitive) to her baby. This baby doesn't stand a chance of a decent life if someone doesn't get a grip on his/her mother! :(
It would help if she stayed the h*ll away from the guy to tried to kill her!!!!

WISCer
09-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Yeah, that would be good....when I said "get a grip" I didn't mean around her neck. :D

Bobbisangel
09-25-2005, 03:04 AM
You know this is scarey for sure.Mindy had the world at one time. I think this is a case of a singer making it big to fast. Who did not know how to handle her sucess. I saw her on a Geogre Strait tour years ago when she was just starting out. I sure hope she does get help quick.

I think that you are right. Her selfworth must be at ground level by now. For a long time I wondered what had become of her. She was making it big and then she disappeared. It sounds like she got mixed up with the wrong guy and is caught up in battered women syndrome. I know she has had problems with drugs and been in and out of trouble. I wish she would be court ordered into treatment for about a year. With all of the problems that she has had it is hard to believe a judge hasn't realized that she needs help.

I too hope that she gets some help so that she can see what is going on in her life. I can't condem her...she needs help. She has fallen into the trap of addiction like so many of our young people.

Ticamom
09-25-2005, 09:48 AM
I totally agree with you, Bobbi'sAngel ! :clap: Mindy was a rising star who fell into drugs and an abusive relationship . She needs help desperately, I can only pray that she gets it before it is too late for her and her unborn child. Hopefully a judge will force her into rehab soon.

I think that you are right. Her selfworth must be at ground level by now. For a long time I wondered what had become of her. She was making it big and then she disappeared. It sounds like she got mixed up with the wrong guy and is caught up in battered women syndrome. I know she has had problems with drugs and been in and out of trouble. I wish she would be court ordered into treatment for about a year. With all of the problems that she has had it is hard to believe a judge hasn't realized that she needs help.

I too hope that she gets some help so that she can see what is going on in her life. I can't condem her...she needs help. She has fallen into the trap of addiction like so many of our young people.

JDB
09-25-2005, 11:42 AM
No I care about anyone that have a problem with drugs. It just so happens she was in country music at one time. And last I checked as wrong as it was both OJ and MJ will not gulity.

Dark Knight
09-29-2005, 05:17 PM
McCready's Troubles Started Years Ago

By JOHN GEROME, Associated Press Writer, Sept. 29, 2005

(AP) From clashes with her label chief to missed appointments and erratic behavior, country singer Mindy McCready's troubles go back further than her recent run-ins with the law.

The 29-year-old from Fort Myers, Fla., came to Nashville in 1994 with tapes of her karaoke vocals and earned a contract with BNA Records. Just two years later, her uptempo "Guys Do It All the Time" hit No. 1 and its dig at male chauvinism endeared her to female fans.

But her subsequent albums didn't sell as well, and McCready lost her record deal. Attempts to restart her career tanked. Since August 2004, McCready has been arrested on drug and drunken driving charges, jailed for a probation violation, nearly beaten to death by a former boyfriend who is the father of her unborn child and hospitalized twice after apparent suicide attempts.

"This isn't something that happened overnight," said Schatzi Hageman, a veteran Music Row publicist. "I quit working with her because I felt like there were lots of demons she was dealing with, and all too often the focus was on the drama and not on the actual talent and music itself."

McCready's attorney, Lee Dryer, did not return phone messages.

A moving truck was parked in front of the singer's town house on Wednesday. Neighbors said the house had been sold at auction, and that they had not seen McCready since she was rushed to the hospital Sept. 23 after apparently trying to kill herself by overdosing on antidepressants.

DK Please add a link rather then the entire aricle...thanks tybee

Pandora
10-01-2005, 08:55 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/30/music.mindymccready.ap/index.html

IdahoMom
10-01-2005, 12:44 PM
I feel terrible for her child, and very sad for Mindy that she has made such a train wreck of her life, and spectacle of herself.

vanillasky
10-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Very sad, and I certainly hope she gets the help she desperately needs.

As for "why should anyone care" - I believe it's the same as us caring about all the victims of crime discussed on this board. We don't "know" them, but feel for them and care about their well being. :)

michelle
10-01-2005, 03:18 PM
thats very sad, i hope she gets some help and gets better...

Bobbisangel
10-05-2005, 03:33 AM
By JOHN GEROME, Associated Press Writer, Sept. 29, 2005

(AP) From clashes with her label chief to missed appointments and erratic behavior, country singer Mindy McCready's troubles go back further than her recent run-ins with the law.

The 29-year-old from Fort Myers, Fla., came to Nashville in 1994 with tapes of her karaoke vocals and earned a contract with BNA Records. Just two years later, her uptempo "Guys Do It All the Time" hit No. 1 and its dig at male chauvinism endeared her to female fans.

But her subsequent albums didn't sell as well, and McCready lost her record deal. Attempts to restart her career tanked. Since August 2004, McCready has been arrested on drug and drunken driving charges, jailed for a probation violation, nearly beaten to death by a former boyfriend who is the father of her unborn child and hospitalized twice after apparent suicide attempts.

"This isn't something that happened overnight," said Schatzi Hageman, a veteran Music Row publicist. "I quit working with her because I felt like there were lots of demons she was dealing with, and all too often the focus was on the drama and not on the actual talent and music itself."

"I quit working with her because I felt like there were lots of demons she was dealing with, and all too often the focus was on the drama and not on the actual talent and music itself." But she wasn't dealing with them.

When a person has "lots of demons" common sense tells you that the demons have to be dealt with first before the focus can be on their talent and music.
I wonder if anyone reached out a hand to this gal or if an intervention was ever done? I hope her friends at least tried. Maybe she has hit her bottom by now and is ready for some help...for her and her baby's sake...I hope so. She is obviously a troubled young lady.

tompettyfan
11-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Just found this.. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174558,00.html

vanillasky
11-04-2005, 09:06 PM
I recorded her appearance on Oprah yesterday and watched it this morning... she is just a mess. Unless she gets some serious help ASAP - I feel her life is going to end very badly either by his hands or her own. :(

She did finally admit on the show that her problems stem from her mother telling her she would never make it in the music business. Her dad was in the audience, and it was very painful to watch him grieve for what his daughter is going through.

I feel so badly for her after seeing that show.... her hurt is palpable.

ETA: She said that the "boyfriend" McKnight wanted to come on the show, but she wouldn't let him because she said he had to be truly sorry in order to come on the show, and he's not truly sorry. Oprah asked her what he was going to think about her going on national TV talking about it - and it seemed to me that she was fearful of how he would react. I can't remember her exact words, but something along the lines of "it won't be good".

Nova
11-04-2005, 10:22 PM
I don't know who McCready is or what this thread is about, but I must say the thread title - What's up with Mindy McCready???? She's not right in the head. - is one of my all-time favorites!

Well done, DK!

IdahoMom
11-05-2005, 04:04 AM
I recorded her appearance on Oprah yesterday and watched it this morning... she is just a mess. Unless she gets some serious help ASAP - I feel her life is going to end very badly either by his hands or her own. :(

She did finally admit on the show that her problems stem from her mother telling her she would never make it in the music business. Her dad was in the audience, and it was very painful to watch him grieve for what his daughter is going through.

I feel so badly for her after seeing that show.... her hurt is palpable.

ETA: She said that the "boyfriend" McKnight wanted to come on the show, but she wouldn't let him because she said he had to be truly sorry in order to come on the show, and he's not truly sorry. Oprah asked her what he was going to think about her going on national TV talking about it - and it seemed to me that she was fearful of how he would react. I can't remember her exact words, but something along the lines of "it won't be good".

Very sad...I found a link to the show.... http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200511/tows_past_20051103.jhtml.
For some reason, when I played the clip, my sound didn't work. Did she have her baby? She doesn't look pregnant in the picture.
I hope being on the show opened her eyes a bit!

Dark Knight
11-05-2005, 04:50 AM
I don't know who McCready is or what this thread is about, but I must say the thread title - What's up with Mindy McCready???? She's not right in the head. - is one of my all-time favorites!

Well done, DK!
lol, thanks! Subtle as usual. :)

Poor gal really is messed up, though. :(

shadowangel
11-05-2005, 06:34 AM
Mindy screws up all the time
She expects the cops to understand
When the cuffs are on
Both her wrists
Well thats when her career has hit the fan
Grow up Mindy
Its your own damn fault
Your career and life are on the line
Smoking grass and drinking too much
Mindy does it...All the time

Thank you, thank you....

nanandjim
11-05-2005, 08:41 AM
...Poor gal really is messed up, though. :(
And, what is really sad is she is so beautiful and talented. It is such a shame to ruin her God-given gifts. Hopefully, she can get help and turn her life around.

Did the article say that she was now pregnant by the guy who nearly beat her to death--the guy who is unremorseful for what he did?? :confused:

michelle
11-05-2005, 08:48 AM
she is pregnant by the guy who almost killed her, she needs some serious long term therapy and get to the root of her issues which sound like her mother may be at the root.

vanillasky
11-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Very sad...I found a link to the show.... http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200511/tows_past_20051103.jhtml.
For some reason, when I played the clip, my sound didn't work. Did she have her baby? She doesn't look pregnant in the picture.
I hope being on the show opened her eyes a bit!

No baby yet... got pregnant in July. I, too, hope being on the show opened her eyes. It was a sad thing to see. :(

Anniegirl
11-07-2005, 04:01 PM
I saw the interview on Oprah ( I love Oprah , have i ever mentioned that before? lol)

It made me want to shake the crap out of MIndy... this guy shes so "in love with" is such a loser!...

I know and have witnessed the "cycle" and mind frame shes in and it "aint " healthy though and know enough about mental illness and disorders to see this girl needs some major revelations- and so major changes in her life.

SO sad shes bringing this baby into the world, and my worry is she will use that as a way to "rationalize" or justify this "CREEPS" love for her, or how must be "meant to be".
Ive seen women do this , so i pray she doesnt, and breaks off for good with this creep----

T'sNana
11-07-2005, 06:16 PM
I saw the interview on Oprah regarding Mindy. She is STILL seeing this boyfriend (ex?). She would not admit anything past 2 months ago (from the taping of the interview) because she didn't want to "get him in trouble". She apparently met up with him or something at her OB appointment regarding a sonogram but apparently she said something to the effect that she realizes he doesn't want to be involved. I hope she gets the help she needs. She has some major issues to deal with and that baby should not have to suffer. I hope a good friend (that she will listen to) or family member will wake her up or lead her by the hand to get the help she needs. She is beautiful and very talented but she is letting and has let everything go.

WAKE UP, MINDY!! If not for yourself...your baby!!

cinsbythesea
11-12-2005, 10:11 AM
She was on Larry King last night-she appears to be extremely fragile emotionally. Larry King point blank asked her when you look in the mirror do you see a trainwreck and she responded with an immediate yes. She STILL isn't getting any kind of counseling which is very worrisome. A caller asked her about damage done to the baby because of her suicide attempts and Mindy flinched but responded that so far the tests are showing the baby was unaffected but that they won't know for sure until it's born in early April. She's got a lot of work to do on herself, she's got some serious issues. Watching the show, I couldn't help but feel badly for her. All that talent and gorgeous to boot and she's just a mess.

IdahoMom
11-12-2005, 10:58 AM
She was on Larry King last night-she appears to be extremely fragile emotionally. Larry King point blank asked her when you look in the mirror do you see a trainwreck and she responded with an immediate yes. She STILL isn't getting any kind of counseling which is very worrisome. A caller asked her about damage done to the baby because of her suicide attempts and Mindy flinched but responded that so far the tests are showing the baby was unaffected but that they won't know for sure until it's born in early April. She's got a lot of work to do on herself, she's got some serious issues. Watching the show, I couldn't help but feel badly for her. All that talent and gorgeous to boot and she's just a mess.I have a problem with the bolded part. If her baby is damaged, she should be charged criminally!:mad:
IMO- what she did is the same thing as pumping drugs directly into her child by IV- PLUS staying with the abuser puts her baby in harm's way. Where is her motherly instinct?:slap:
Plus- why is she putting herself out there like this, time after time? I can see doing so to help other's if she's cleaned up her act and has a cautionary tale to share, but she's still screwed up! UGH!:rolleyes:

OneLostGrl
11-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Plus- why is she putting herself out there like this, time after time? I can see doing so to help other's if she's cleaned up her act and has a cautionary tale to share, but she's still screwed up! UGH!:rolleyes:

She's probably about to come out with a new album! ;)

Dark Knight
11-12-2005, 10:59 PM
She's probably about to come out with a new album! ;)
Some still believe there is no such thing as bad publicity, just be sure to spell the name right.

close_enough
07-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Mindy McCready was in court Monday morning as her trial involving drinking and driving charges got underway. McCready was arrested for the DUI last May, while she was on probation for another crime.

The judge was not impressed Monday morning. McCready did not get things off to a good start with the judge after showing up 10 minutes late.

http://www.newschannel5.com/content/news/20751.asp

Pharlap
07-17-2006, 07:44 PM
She needs serious counseling.....
Any Doctor on this board?
Does the overdose harm the baby at all?

BhamMama
07-17-2006, 08:00 PM
That girl aint been right in years. Yes, it's sad but more importantly, it could be someone you loved in that situation. I feel for that poor baby.

Dark Knight
07-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Mindy found innocent of DUI, guilty of driving while suspended:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060719/ap_en_ce/mccready_trial

Lauren
07-19-2006, 08:23 PM
She sounds screwed up! Get yourself some help Mindy!

michelle
07-19-2006, 09:18 PM
She sounds screwed up! Get yourself some help Mindy!Thats what I say.

close_enough
07-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Mindy found innocent of DUI, guilty of driving while suspended:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060719/ap_en_ce/mccready_trial

Her attorney, Lee Dryer, said McCready wasn't impaired and that the field sobriety tests weren't performed properly. He also said she removed her shoes for the roadside test, but then found it hard to complete because her pant legs were too long.

yeah, riiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

newtv
07-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Whomever said that the baby does not have a chance is right imo..the level of mental illness this woman has is incredible..she sounds like a personality disorder..(not a pejorative).
The woman has such deep troubles that she wants to marry the man who almost killed her. The father is an abuser - how does a baby stand a chance.
Given her current overdose I think she should be considered an unfit mother and that baby should be in protective custody while in the womb.
Niether parent deserves her..and the mother sounds like she is capable of suicide at any moment.
The father sounds like he is capable of murder-suicide (and I mean killing all 3).

HeartofTexas
07-19-2006, 11:16 PM
In the womb? Wasn't the baby due in April? Surely it's been born by now if she conceived it last July... unless of course it's another one of those lonnnnng Tom and Katie type pregnancies!

newtv
07-19-2006, 11:24 PM
In the womb? Wasn't the baby due in April? Surely it's been born by now if she conceived it last July... unless of course it's another one of those lonnnnng Tom and Katie type pregnancies!
I might not have it correct-maybe she did have it- and if she did it should become either a ward of the state or givent o a sound relative..and the mother should be forced into a long recovery - where u dont leave the facility for a year..

Dark Knight
07-20-2006, 01:12 AM
I thought I read the baby was 2 years old now.

beakiebean
07-20-2006, 01:29 AM
Mindy gave birth to son Zander Ryan McCready on March 25, 2006. (from wikipedia)

newtv
07-20-2006, 04:28 AM
Mindy gave birth to son Zander Ryan McCready on March 25, 2006. (from wikipedia)
then he should be taken from her and placed with a family member if thats a good source and if not she should be at the very least supervised as a mother for a long time.

Taximom
04-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Did she sleep with Roger Clemens when she was 15? :eek:

From JBean's comment on the Judgement Day for MLB thread:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003795105 (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003795105)

NY 'Daily News': Clemens Had Affair With (Very) Young Country Singer

By E&P Staff

Published: April 28, 2008 7:30 AM ET

NEW YORK Star baseball pitcher Roger Clemens carried on a decade-long affair with country star Mindy McCready, which began when she was a 15-year-old aspiring singer, the New York Daily News reports today, citing unnamed sources. Clemens' lawyers confirms that Clemens, already in hot water over steroids charges, knew the singer well but denies a sexual relationship.

When the two met, Clemens was 28 and married father of two, several sources have told the Daily News.

An excerpt follows.

The revelations could torpedo claims of an unsullied character that are central to the defamation suit Clemens filed Jan. 6 against his former personal trainer Brian McNamee. Vivid details of the affair could surface in several media projects that McCready is involved with - including a documentary that begins filming today in Nashville, a new album and a reality show.

JDB
04-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Did she sleep with Roger Clemens when she was 15? :eek:

From JBean's comment on the Judgement Day for MLB thread:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003795105 (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003795105)

NY 'Daily News': Clemens Had Affair With (Very) Young Country Singer

By E&P Staff

Published: April 28, 2008 7:30 AM ET

NEW YORK Star baseball pitcher Roger Clemens carried on a decade-long affair with country star Mindy McCready, which began when she was a 15-year-old aspiring singer, the New York Daily News reports today, citing unnamed sources. Clemens' lawyers confirms that Clemens, already in hot water over steroids charges, knew the singer well but denies a sexual relationship.

When the two met, Clemens was 28 and married father of two, several sources have told the Daily News.

An excerpt follows.

The revelations could torpedo claims of an unsullied character that are central to the defamation suit Clemens filed Jan. 6 against his former personal trainer Brian McNamee. Vivid details of the affair could surface in several media projects that McCready is involved with - including a documentary that begins filming today in Nashville, a new album and a reality show.

Of Course the rocket is denying it was sexual!!! AN if you belive that I have a bridge to seel ya.:crazy:

calidreamin
04-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Of Course the rocket is denying it was sexual!!! AN if you belive that I have a bridge to seel ya.:crazy:

Lol isn't that what married people always say when the get caught with their hand in the cookie jar?

JDB
04-28-2008, 03:59 PM
I am really hoping this breaks the iceberg. And Roger the dodger can't dodge this one.His line reminds of what he said after throwing the piece of the bat at Piazza. I was throwing it to the batboy Right Roger it is always omeone elses fault.

IdahoMom
04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Report: Mindy McCready Confirms Affair With Roger Clemens

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353056,00.html

snip

NEW YORK Country singer Mindy McCready confirmed a long-term affair with retired pitcher Roger Clemens, who has been embroiled in a federal steroids probe, according to the New York Daily News.
"I cannot refute anything in the story," a tearful but resolute McCready told the News.

MCDRAW
04-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Report: Mindy McCready Confirms Affair With Roger Clemens

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353056,00.html

snip

NEW YORK Country singer Mindy McCready confirmed a long-term affair with retired pitcher Roger Clemens, who has been embroiled in a federal steroids probe, according to the New York Daily News.
"I cannot refute anything in the story," a tearful but resolute McCready told the News.

I honestly do not know what to believe. He appears to be stable. She does not. I'm just not sure who is telling the truth here.

Mygirlsadie
04-30-2008, 02:11 AM
I don't know what to believe either. People have affairs all the time unfortunately but Mindy McCready is so messed up in the head that it's hard to believe anything that comes out of her mouth.

southcitymom
04-30-2008, 05:28 AM
Fair points, McDraw and MGS, but I believe McCready.

Jules
04-30-2008, 06:53 AM
Fair points, McDraw and MGS, but I believe McCready.

Me too. Roger is a liar.

Moe
04-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Roger is a liar, and a cheat, and so full of himself it truly is hard to fathom. He is a baseball player with no fans, he screwed every team he ever played for, I'm glad this all came out. No one deserves this more than him.
Did anyone see him testify at the Congressional hearing? He stated "I misremembered" about five hundred times. I guess the same holds here.

fundiva
05-01-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't know what to believe either. People have affairs all the time unfortunately but Mindy McCready is so messed up in the head that it's hard to believe anything that comes out of her mouth.
Maybe one of the reasons she's so messed up is that she has been molested (since she was only 15) by Roger and he has continued to use her over the last ten years. A lot of girls who are molested at a young age by older men have issues, especially relationship issues. My niece had a baby by a guy 6 years older than her when she was 15. She ended up on drugs because that's what he did; got off that after she spent 2 weeks in jail; he was in and out of jail and eventually went to prison for 3 years for molesting another teenager. During that time she has rehabbed (with no relapses), got a good job, went back to school, and bought a house. Now he's out and has contacted her saying he's got religion and still loves her. She's actually considering a relationship with him even though he's a registered child molester, doesn't have a job and a compulsive liar. The family (who has supported her and helped her get where she is) has said they will disown her if she proceeds. These older men seem to get a hold on the girls when they're that young that doesn't go away and affects all their other relationships.

Moe
05-01-2008, 10:21 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/04/30/2008-04-30_roger_clemens_linked_to_john_dalys_ex.html

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=45080&cat=6

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1090659&srvc=home&position=also

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1090645&srvc=home&position=rated

What a swell guy! The only hat he should wear going to the Baseball Hall of Fame is a dunce cap. I feel bad for his wife and kids, he's disgraced them.

southcitymom
05-01-2008, 11:09 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/04/30/2008-04-30_roger_clemens_linked_to_john_dalys_ex.html

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1090659&srvc=home&position=also

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1090645&srvc=home&position=rated

What a swell guy! The only hat he should wear going to the Baseball Hall of Fame is a dunce cap. I feel bad for his wife and kids, he's disgraced them.

My my - he's quite the little Lothario, isn't he?

Jules
05-01-2008, 11:47 AM

Very sad. I do feel for his wife and kids too.

What is it with guys like him? :mad:

Dark Knight
12-18-2008, 06:00 AM
McCready hospitalized after another suicide attempt:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081218/ap_en_ce/people_mindy_mccready;_ylt=Au.t0naZQY84u6Tuzhg9mqC s0NUE

southcitymom
12-18-2008, 07:37 AM
I saw this last night, DK. So sad.

MrsG728
12-18-2008, 08:52 AM
I said the same thing - Oh no, not again :( She is such a mess, and it's so sad. I remembered there was a thread on her, DK. thanks for the update.

OneLostGrl
12-18-2008, 09:38 PM
McCready hospitalized after another suicide attempt:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081218/ap_en_ce/people_mindy_mccready;_ylt=Au.t0naZQY84u6Tuzhg9mqC s0NUE

Oh man, how sad... She seems determined to end her life. I'm very sad for her, that after all this time she is still so unhappy- it's a horrible way to live life. I also hope that her son is in a safe place until mom can be safe for him again.

*prayers*

AlwaysShocked
12-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Not to be crass, but if someone really wants to kill themself, they do it. Believe me - I know.

This woman certainly needs to be insitutionalized and also needs to be nowhere near a child.

MissieMt
12-21-2008, 10:27 AM
I don't think you're being crass, just calling it as it is. Either way, she needs help very intense long term help.