PDA

View Full Version : Troubled country singer Mindy McCready, RIP

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dark Knight
09-24-2005, 06:08 AM
(AP) Country singer Mindy McCready was hospitalized after overdosing on antidepressants early Friday following a quarrel with the father of her unborn child.

She was in fair condition Friday afternoon, officials said.

According to a police report, McCready and William McKnight were arguing on the phone about whether his parents would help pay for the pregnancy. He cursed at McCready and she became angry and took about 30 antidepressant pills, the report says.

After McKnight called her back and she didn't answer, he called police and an ambulance.

McCready's lawyer did not return a phone message to his office.

McCready, 29, has had a series of legal and personal problems in recent months, including a drunken driving arrest in Nashville, a (previous) suicide attempt and an arrest in Arizona on charges stemming from her involvement with a con man she said she was trying to help police catch.

McKnight was also charged earlier this year with trying to kill her. McCready said he punched her in the face and tried to choke her.

Last year, McCready was charged with obtaining the painkiller OxyContin fraudulently at a pharmacy. She pleaded guilty and was placed on three years' probation.

McCready had a No. 1 hit in 1996 with "Guys Do It All the Time."

tennessee
09-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Scary that this woman is pregnant. She needs some serious help.

JMHO

Pandora
09-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Since she split from Dean Cain, she has been going down-hill. I'm hoping they will place her in some kind of protective custody until the baby is born. My sister-in-law had to go off all anti-depressants while pregnant, and trust me when I say she NEEDED protective custody. What happened with her and what appears to be happening with Mindy M., isn't far removed from the Andrea Yates scenario.

Casshew
09-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Intervention.. Intervention!

Poor little baby inside her :(

CyberLaw
09-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Unfortunately she is now known as the Courtney Love of Country Music

I do hope that he baby is O.K. and that she does nothing else to harm herself and the baby.

I can't imagine this women being a Mother, she harms herself and has issues bit time. Is anyone going to look out for the baby once it is born.

Sally
09-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Good thing you explained that she's a country singer because I've never heard of her. I guess crazy comes in all sorts of packages.

JDB
09-24-2005, 12:01 PM
You know this is scarey for sure.Mindy had the world at one time. I think this is a case of a singer making it big to fast. Who did not know how to handle her sucess. I saw her on a Geogre Strait tour years ago when she was just starting out. I sure hope she does get help quick.

Jules
09-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Another article:

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,17440,00.html

McCready OD's Again

by Charlie Amter
Sep 24, 2005, 8:05 AM PT

For the second time in two months country singer Mindy McCready has been hospitalized for a drug overdose. And like before, the Friday morning incident appears to have been a suicide attempt.

According to police reports, the "Guys Do It All the Time" singer was admitted to a Nashville hospital after ingesting more than two dozen antidepressants following a fight with the father of her unborn child.

God help her child....

BillyGoatGruff
09-24-2005, 02:19 PM
(AP) Country singer Mindy McCready was hospitalized after overdosing on antidepressants early Friday following a quarrel with the father of her unborn child.

She was in fair condition Friday afternoon, officials said.

According to a police report, McCready and William McKnight were arguing on the phone about whether his parents would help pay for the pregnancy. He cursed at McCready and she became angry and took about 30 antidepressant pills, the report says.

After McKnight called her back and she didn't answer, he called police and an ambulance.

McCready's lawyer did not return a phone message to his office.

McCready, 29, has had a series of legal and personal problems in recent months, including a drunken driving arrest in Nashville, a (previous) suicide attempt and an arrest in Arizona on charges stemming from her involvement with a con man she said she was trying to help police catch.

McKnight was also charged earlier this year with trying to kill her. McCready said he punched her in the face and tried to choke her.

Last year, McCready was charged with obtaining the painkiller OxyContin fraudulently at a pharmacy. She pleaded guilty and was placed on three years' probation.

McCready had a No. 1 hit in 1996 with "Guys Do It All the Time."
So who is this woman and why should anyone care?

JDB
09-24-2005, 02:49 PM
So who is this woman and why should anyone care?
Well lets see . This woman is a Human being that has many problems that some of us just happens to like her Music for startsI can see some around this board does not care about someone elses problems.But you know what that is OK . To each his or hers own

BillyGoatGruff
09-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Well lets see . This woman is a Human being that has many problems that some of us just happens to like her Music for startsI can see some around this board does not care about someone elses problems.But you know what that is OK . To each his or hers own
Well, I'm getting the impression the only reason anyone cares because she appears to be famous. I say 'appears', because I have never heard of her before. I have a real problem with celebrities being considered news items, unless they're actively committing felonies, ala OJ & Michael Jackson.

Dark Knight
09-24-2005, 08:11 PM
Well, I'm getting the impression the only reason anyone cares because she appears to be famous. I say 'appears', because I have never heard of her before. I have a real problem with celebrities being considered news items, unless they're actively committing felonies, ala OJ & Michael Jackson.
Then don't click on the link or read it. Simple as that.

Amraann
09-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey!!

Tone it down ok??

No attacks. Thank you NO need to coment about anothers posters actions.

Dark Knight
09-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey!!

Tone it down ok??

No attacks. Thank you NO need to coment about anothers posters actions.
You talkin' to me? :blowkiss:

WISCer
09-24-2005, 09:30 PM
The really sad thing is, that with two attempted overdoses, she's probably caused irreversable damage (cognitive) to her baby. This baby doesn't stand a chance of a decent life if someone doesn't get a grip on his/her mother! :(

Dark Knight
09-24-2005, 09:48 PM
The really sad thing is, that with two attempted overdoses, she's probably caused irreversable damage (cognitive) to her baby. This baby doesn't stand a chance of a decent life if someone doesn't get a grip on his/her mother! :(
It would help if she stayed the h*ll away from the guy to tried to kill her!!!!

WISCer
09-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Yeah, that would be good....when I said "get a grip" I didn't mean around her neck. :D

Bobbisangel
09-25-2005, 03:04 AM
You know this is scarey for sure.Mindy had the world at one time. I think this is a case of a singer making it big to fast. Who did not know how to handle her sucess. I saw her on a Geogre Strait tour years ago when she was just starting out. I sure hope she does get help quick.

I think that you are right. Her selfworth must be at ground level by now. For a long time I wondered what had become of her. She was making it big and then she disappeared. It sounds like she got mixed up with the wrong guy and is caught up in battered women syndrome. I know she has had problems with drugs and been in and out of trouble. I wish she would be court ordered into treatment for about a year. With all of the problems that she has had it is hard to believe a judge hasn't realized that she needs help.

I too hope that she gets some help so that she can see what is going on in her life. I can't condem her...she needs help. She has fallen into the trap of addiction like so many of our young people.

Ticamom
09-25-2005, 09:48 AM
I totally agree with you, Bobbi'sAngel ! :clap: Mindy was a rising star who fell into drugs and an abusive relationship . She needs help desperately, I can only pray that she gets it before it is too late for her and her unborn child. Hopefully a judge will force her into rehab soon.

I think that you are right. Her selfworth must be at ground level by now. For a long time I wondered what had become of her. She was making it big and then she disappeared. It sounds like she got mixed up with the wrong guy and is caught up in battered women syndrome. I know she has had problems with drugs and been in and out of trouble. I wish she would be court ordered into treatment for about a year. With all of the problems that she has had it is hard to believe a judge hasn't realized that she needs help.

I too hope that she gets some help so that she can see what is going on in her life. I can't condem her...she needs help. She has fallen into the trap of addiction like so many of our young people.

JDB
09-25-2005, 11:42 AM
No I care about anyone that have a problem with drugs. It just so happens she was in country music at one time. And last I checked as wrong as it was both OJ and MJ will not gulity.

Dark Knight
09-29-2005, 05:17 PM
McCready's Troubles Started Years Ago

By JOHN GEROME, Associated Press Writer, Sept. 29, 2005

(AP) From clashes with her label chief to missed appointments and erratic behavior, country singer Mindy McCready's troubles go back further than her recent run-ins with the law.

The 29-year-old from Fort Myers, Fla., came to Nashville in 1994 with tapes of her karaoke vocals and earned a contract with BNA Records. Just two years later, her uptempo "Guys Do It All the Time" hit No. 1 and its dig at male chauvinism endeared her to female fans.

But her subsequent albums didn't sell as well, and McCready lost her record deal. Attempts to restart her career tanked. Since August 2004, McCready has been arrested on drug and drunken driving charges, jailed for a probation violation, nearly beaten to death by a former boyfriend who is the father of her unborn child and hospitalized twice after apparent suicide attempts.

"This isn't something that happened overnight," said Schatzi Hageman, a veteran Music Row publicist. "I quit working with her because I felt like there were lots of demons she was dealing with, and all too often the focus was on the drama and not on the actual talent and music itself."

McCready's attorney, Lee Dryer, did not return phone messages.

A moving truck was parked in front of the singer's town house on Wednesday. Neighbors said the house had been sold at auction, and that they had not seen McCready since she was rushed to the hospital Sept. 23 after apparently trying to kill herself by overdosing on antidepressants.

DK Please add a link rather then the entire aricle...thanks tybee

Pandora
10-01-2005, 08:55 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/30/music.mindymccready.ap/index.html

IdahoMom
10-01-2005, 12:44 PM
I feel terrible for her child, and very sad for Mindy that she has made such a train wreck of her life, and spectacle of herself.

vanillasky
10-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Very sad, and I certainly hope she gets the help she desperately needs.

As for "why should anyone care" - I believe it's the same as us caring about all the victims of crime discussed on this board. We don't "know" them, but feel for them and care about their well being. :)

michelle
10-01-2005, 03:18 PM
thats very sad, i hope she gets some help and gets better...

Bobbisangel
10-05-2005, 03:33 AM
By JOHN GEROME, Associated Press Writer, Sept. 29, 2005

(AP) From clashes with her label chief to missed appointments and erratic behavior, country singer Mindy McCready's troubles go back further than her recent run-ins with the law.

The 29-year-old from Fort Myers, Fla., came to Nashville in 1994 with tapes of her karaoke vocals and earned a contract with BNA Records. Just two years later, her uptempo "Guys Do It All the Time" hit No. 1 and its dig at male chauvinism endeared her to female fans.

But her subsequent albums didn't sell as well, and McCready lost her record deal. Attempts to restart her career tanked. Since August 2004, McCready has been arrested on drug and drunken driving charges, jailed for a probation violation, nearly beaten to death by a former boyfriend who is the father of her unborn child and hospitalized twice after apparent suicide attempts.

"This isn't something that happened overnight," said Schatzi Hageman, a veteran Music Row publicist. "I quit working with her because I felt like there were lots of demons she was dealing with, and all too often the focus was on the drama and not on the actual talent and music itself."

"I quit working with her because I felt like there were lots of demons she was dealing with, and all too often the focus was on the drama and not on the actual talent and music itself." But she wasn't dealing with them.

When a person has "lots of demons" common sense tells you that the demons have to be dealt with first before the focus can be on their talent and music.
I wonder if anyone reached out a hand to this gal or if an intervention was ever done? I hope her friends at least tried. Maybe she has hit her bottom by now and is ready for some help...for her and her baby's sake...I hope so. She is obviously a troubled young lady.

tompettyfan
11-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Just found this.. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174558,00.html

vanillasky
11-04-2005, 10:06 PM
I recorded her appearance on Oprah yesterday and watched it this morning... she is just a mess. Unless she gets some serious help ASAP - I feel her life is going to end very badly either by his hands or her own. :(

She did finally admit on the show that her problems stem from her mother telling her she would never make it in the music business. Her dad was in the audience, and it was very painful to watch him grieve for what his daughter is going through.

I feel so badly for her after seeing that show.... her hurt is palpable.

ETA: She said that the "boyfriend" McKnight wanted to come on the show, but she wouldn't let him because she said he had to be truly sorry in order to come on the show, and he's not truly sorry. Oprah asked her what he was going to think about her going on national TV talking about it - and it seemed to me that she was fearful of how he would react. I can't remember her exact words, but something along the lines of "it won't be good".

Nova
11-04-2005, 11:22 PM
I don't know who McCready is or what this thread is about, but I must say the thread title - What's up with Mindy McCready???? She's not right in the head. - is one of my all-time favorites!

Well done, DK!

IdahoMom
11-05-2005, 05:04 AM
I recorded her appearance on Oprah yesterday and watched it this morning... she is just a mess. Unless she gets some serious help ASAP - I feel her life is going to end very badly either by his hands or her own. :(

She did finally admit on the show that her problems stem from her mother telling her she would never make it in the music business. Her dad was in the audience, and it was very painful to watch him grieve for what his daughter is going through.

I feel so badly for her after seeing that show.... her hurt is palpable.

ETA: She said that the "boyfriend" McKnight wanted to come on the show, but she wouldn't let him because she said he had to be truly sorry in order to come on the show, and he's not truly sorry. Oprah asked her what he was going to think about her going on national TV talking about it - and it seemed to me that she was fearful of how he would react. I can't remember her exact words, but something along the lines of "it won't be good".

Very sad...I found a link to the show.... http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200511/tows_past_20051103.jhtml.
For some reason, when I played the clip, my sound didn't work. Did she have her baby? She doesn't look pregnant in the picture.
I hope being on the show opened her eyes a bit!

Dark Knight
11-05-2005, 05:50 AM
I don't know who McCready is or what this thread is about, but I must say the thread title - What's up with Mindy McCready???? She's not right in the head. - is one of my all-time favorites!

Well done, DK!
lol, thanks! Subtle as usual. :)

Poor gal really is messed up, though. :(

shadowangel
11-05-2005, 07:34 AM
Mindy screws up all the time
She expects the cops to understand
When the cuffs are on
Both her wrists
Well thats when her career has hit the fan
Grow up Mindy
Its your own damn fault
Your career and life are on the line
Smoking grass and drinking too much
Mindy does it...All the time

Thank you, thank you....

nanandjim
11-05-2005, 09:41 AM
...Poor gal really is messed up, though. :(
And, what is really sad is she is so beautiful and talented. It is such a shame to ruin her God-given gifts. Hopefully, she can get help and turn her life around.

Did the article say that she was now pregnant by the guy who nearly beat her to death--the guy who is unremorseful for what he did?? :confused:

michelle
11-05-2005, 09:48 AM
she is pregnant by the guy who almost killed her, she needs some serious long term therapy and get to the root of her issues which sound like her mother may be at the root.

vanillasky
11-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Very sad...I found a link to the show.... http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200511/tows_past_20051103.jhtml.
For some reason, when I played the clip, my sound didn't work. Did she have her baby? She doesn't look pregnant in the picture.
I hope being on the show opened her eyes a bit!

No baby yet... got pregnant in July. I, too, hope being on the show opened her eyes. It was a sad thing to see. :(

Anniegirl
11-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I saw the interview on Oprah ( I love Oprah , have i ever mentioned that before? lol)

It made me want to shake the crap out of MIndy... this guy shes so "in love with" is such a loser!...

I know and have witnessed the "cycle" and mind frame shes in and it "aint " healthy though and know enough about mental illness and disorders to see this girl needs some major revelations- and so major changes in her life.

SO sad shes bringing this baby into the world, and my worry is she will use that as a way to "rationalize" or justify this "CREEPS" love for her, or how must be "meant to be".
Ive seen women do this , so i pray she doesnt, and breaks off for good with this creep----

T'sNana
11-07-2005, 07:16 PM
I saw the interview on Oprah regarding Mindy. She is STILL seeing this boyfriend (ex?). She would not admit anything past 2 months ago (from the taping of the interview) because she didn't want to "get him in trouble". She apparently met up with him or something at her OB appointment regarding a sonogram but apparently she said something to the effect that she realizes he doesn't want to be involved. I hope she gets the help she needs. She has some major issues to deal with and that baby should not have to suffer. I hope a good friend (that she will listen to) or family member will wake her up or lead her by the hand to get the help she needs. She is beautiful and very talented but she is letting and has let everything go.

WAKE UP, MINDY!! If not for yourself...your baby!!

cinsbythesea
11-12-2005, 11:11 AM
She was on Larry King last night-she appears to be extremely fragile emotionally. Larry King point blank asked her when you look in the mirror do you see a trainwreck and she responded with an immediate yes. She STILL isn't getting any kind of counseling which is very worrisome. A caller asked her about damage done to the baby because of her suicide attempts and Mindy flinched but responded that so far the tests are showing the baby was unaffected but that they won't know for sure until it's born in early April. She's got a lot of work to do on herself, she's got some serious issues. Watching the show, I couldn't help but feel badly for her. All that talent and gorgeous to boot and she's just a mess.

IdahoMom
11-12-2005, 11:58 AM
She was on Larry King last night-she appears to be extremely fragile emotionally. Larry King point blank asked her when you look in the mirror do you see a trainwreck and she responded with an immediate yes. She STILL isn't getting any kind of counseling which is very worrisome. A caller asked her about damage done to the baby because of her suicide attempts and Mindy flinched but responded that so far the tests are showing the baby was unaffected but that they won't know for sure until it's born in early April. She's got a lot of work to do on herself, she's got some serious issues. Watching the show, I couldn't help but feel badly for her. All that talent and gorgeous to boot and she's just a mess.I have a problem with the bolded part. If her baby is damaged, she should be charged criminally!:mad:
IMO- what she did is the same thing as pumping drugs directly into her child by IV- PLUS staying with the abuser puts her baby in harm's way. Where is her motherly instinct?:slap:
Plus- why is she putting herself out there like this, time after time? I can see doing so to help other's if she's cleaned up her act and has a cautionary tale to share, but she's still screwed up! UGH!:rolleyes:

OneLostGrl
11-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Plus- why is she putting herself out there like this, time after time? I can see doing so to help other's if she's cleaned up her act and has a cautionary tale to share, but she's still screwed up! UGH!:rolleyes:

She's probably about to come out with a new album! ;)

Dark Knight
11-12-2005, 11:59 PM
She's probably about to come out with a new album! ;)
Some still believe there is no such thing as bad publicity, just be sure to spell the name right.

michelle
06-08-2006, 01:42 PM
http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/index.jsp?cat=ENTERTAINMENT&fn=/2006/06/08/409137.html

kato
06-08-2006, 03:30 PM
They both need help as they both have mucho probs. from what I've read.

Jules
06-08-2006, 03:40 PM
From the article: Mindy McCready has sued her former boyfriend for $3 million, claiming he beat her last year and that the incident hurt her music career, a newspaper reported Thursday.

Ummmm, no Honey, what hurt your career is your drinking and other legal problems. :doh:

kato
06-08-2006, 03:44 PM
From the article: Mindy McCready has sued her former boyfriend for $3 million, claiming he beat her last year and that the incident hurt her music career, a newspaper reported Thursday.

Ummmm, no Honey, what hurt your career is your drinking and other legal problems. :duh:

Ya, and her career was already on the skids when she hooked up with that abuser loser.

nanandjim
06-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Do you think that this is a desperate publicity stunt? Doesn't the article say that the ex-boyfriend is unemployed? If so, where is he going to get $3 much less $3 million dollars??

Jules
06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Nan, from the article:

"She's not expecting to get anything out of this," Berg said Thursday. "Many people have to file civil litigation to set the record straight, whether or not they collect."

Yep, sounds like a publicity stunt to me. I smell a record coming out soon.... :D

JDB
06-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Nan, from the article:

"She's not expecting to get anything out of this," Berg said Thursday. "Many people have to file civil litigation to set the record straight, whether or not they collect."

Yep, sounds like a publicity stunt to me. I smell a record coming out soon.... :D
Come on Jules you are talking Mindy here not the Dixie Chicks :crazy:

Jules
06-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Come on Jules you are talking Mindy here not the Dixie Chicks :crazy:

Sorry Cowbow, not a Mindy fan either. :D

JDB
06-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Sorry Cowbow, not a Mindy fan either. :D
Neither is I I was being silly. :banghead: :banghead:

Jeana (DP)
06-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Do you think that this is a desperate publicity stunt? Doesn't the article say that the ex-boyfriend is unemployed? If so, where is he going to get $3 much less $3 million dollars??

Once you get a civil judgment against someone, you can attach future earnings, etc. He may not have a pot to piss in now, but you never know what he'll have in the future. If she wins and later finds out he struck it rich, she'll be able to collect the money.

Masterj
06-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Whether or not she was messed up herself (which she clearly was) has no bearing on the fact that the guy did beat the crap out of her.

Jules
06-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Neither is I I was being silly. :banghead: :banghead:

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

AlwaysShocked
06-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Was she not pregnant?

Jules
06-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Was she not pregnant?

Yes, the article says she has a two month old son.

kato
06-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Yes, the article says she has a two month old son.

Man, I didn't even hear she was pregnant. I hope she cleans up her act so she can raise the kid in a healthy environment.

tezi
06-10-2006, 10:31 AM
She had what, one hit song?

She was the one that tried to get back with him from what I understand, going as far as violating the restraining order. She needs help!

Lauren
06-10-2006, 01:30 PM
(1) Guys do it all the time!!
(2) 10,000 Angels
(3) A Girls gotta do (What a girls gotta do)
(4) Maybe he'll notice her now.

Kinda sad.

tezi
06-12-2006, 12:21 AM
(1) Guys do it all the time!!
(2) 10,000 Angels
(3) A Girls gotta do (What a girls gotta do)
(4) Maybe he'll notice her now.

Kinda sad.
I missed the other three, sorry.

I just think she's as much to blame as he is. Yes, he did beat her and that was wrong. That is why the judge imposed a restraining order, and they both were arrested in Florida, because she went there to be with him. I don't have a lot of sympathy for her. She had every opportunity to clean up her act, but instead she blames him? She needs to take responsibility for her actions and be done with it.:truce:

close_enough
07-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Mindy McCready was in court Monday morning as her trial involving drinking and driving charges got underway. McCready was arrested for the DUI last May, while she was on probation for another crime.

The judge was not impressed Monday morning. McCready did not get things off to a good start with the judge after showing up 10 minutes late.

http://www.newschannel5.com/content/news/20751.asp

Pharlap
07-17-2006, 07:44 PM
She needs serious counseling.....
Any Doctor on this board?
Does the overdose harm the baby at all?

BhamMama
07-17-2006, 08:00 PM
That girl aint been right in years. Yes, it's sad but more importantly, it could be someone you loved in that situation. I feel for that poor baby.

Dark Knight
07-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Mindy found innocent of DUI, guilty of driving while suspended:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060719/ap_en_ce/mccready_trial

Lauren
07-19-2006, 08:23 PM
She sounds screwed up! Get yourself some help Mindy!

michelle
07-19-2006, 09:18 PM
She sounds screwed up! Get yourself some help Mindy!Thats what I say.

close_enough
07-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Mindy found innocent of DUI, guilty of driving while suspended:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060719/ap_en_ce/mccready_trial

Her attorney, Lee Dryer, said McCready wasn't impaired and that the field sobriety tests weren't performed properly. He also said she removed her shoes for the roadside test, but then found it hard to complete because her pant legs were too long.

yeah, riiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

newtv
07-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Whomever said that the baby does not have a chance is right imo..the level of mental illness this woman has is incredible..she sounds like a personality disorder..(not a pejorative).
The woman has such deep troubles that she wants to marry the man who almost killed her. The father is an abuser - how does a baby stand a chance.
Given her current overdose I think she should be considered an unfit mother and that baby should be in protective custody while in the womb.
Niether parent deserves her..and the mother sounds like she is capable of suicide at any moment.
The father sounds like he is capable of murder-suicide (and I mean killing all 3).

HeartofTexas
07-19-2006, 11:16 PM
In the womb? Wasn't the baby due in April? Surely it's been born by now if she conceived it last July... unless of course it's another one of those lonnnnng Tom and Katie type pregnancies!

newtv
07-19-2006, 11:24 PM
In the womb? Wasn't the baby due in April? Surely it's been born by now if she conceived it last July... unless of course it's another one of those lonnnnng Tom and Katie type pregnancies!
I might not have it correct-maybe she did have it- and if she did it should become either a ward of the state or givent o a sound relative..and the mother should be forced into a long recovery - where u dont leave the facility for a year..

Dark Knight
07-20-2006, 01:12 AM
I thought I read the baby was 2 years old now.

beakiebean
07-20-2006, 01:29 AM
Mindy gave birth to son Zander Ryan McCready on March 25, 2006. (from wikipedia)

newtv
07-20-2006, 04:28 AM
Mindy gave birth to son Zander Ryan McCready on March 25, 2006. (from wikipedia)
then he should be taken from her and placed with a family member if thats a good source and if not she should be at the very least supervised as a mother for a long time.

RiverRat
07-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Country singer Mindy McCready was released from the Lee County Jail Saturday Night.

She was arrested by Lee County Sheriff's Deputies around 2:30 Saturday morning. McCready was booked on battery and obstruction of justice charges.

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/8644191.html

wildTrose
07-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Will she ever learn? she needs to grow up and do something with her life geesh

Ntegrity
07-22-2007, 11:58 AM
She needs to get psychiatric help. She must be a miserably unhappy person.

MissieMt
07-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Battery to whom is what I want to know. I didn't know she had a history of this-I'm so clueless when it comes to "stars"

ETA: just found an article from Sept. of 05
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/30/music.mindymccready.ap/

Filly
07-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Such a talent too. She can sing. At one point she was relaying she got help and that the boyfriend/father of her child was the whole problem. Right there she was in denial and blaming everyone but herself. He was the reason for her drug use, and her drinking and her temper. Sad.

close_enough
07-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Battery to whom is what I want to know. I didn't know she had a history of this-I'm so clueless when it comes to "stars"

pathetic....i remember when she was caught using the fake scripts...sad

(from the link above)

McCready's list of problems is long:

August 2004: Charged with using a fake prescription to obtain the pain medicine OxyContin. She pleaded guilty in November.

May 2005: Charged with drunken driving in Nashville. The charge is pending.

May 2005: Former boyfriend William McKnight charged with attempted murder after he allegedly broke into her home and beat her up. Charges against McKnight are pending.

July 2005: Charged in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, with unlawful use of transportation and hindering prosecution after police say she and a known con-man tried to use her celebrity to obtain two luxury boats. Charges are pending.

July 2005: Hospitalized in Florida after a drug overdose that authorities say appeared to be a suicide attempt.

August 2005: Jailed in Tennessee after authorities say she violated her probation on the drug charge. She was released on bond and the case is scheduled for trial in November.

Earlier this month she testified in court that she was pregnant by McKnight, the man charged with trying to kill her. Later she was hospitalized after overdosing on antidepressants after a quarrel with McKnight.

Marthatex
07-22-2007, 05:06 PM
She makes Britney, Lindsay and Al Gore, Jr., look like little angels.

Has she ever gotten some serious psychiatric help????

southcitymom
07-22-2007, 05:46 PM

The history of this is that she's an addict who can't stay clean. She also probably has some psych issues.l

close_enough
07-22-2007, 05:58 PM
The history of this is that she's an addict who can't stay clean. She also probably has some psych issues.l

exactly, southcity........

CarpeDiem
07-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Has she ever gotten some serious psychiatric help????

Great question, especially since she has a child:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/category?blogid=7&cat=192

RiverRat
07-22-2007, 06:35 PM
She's a local around here so I have read about her downslide for a while now. Her Oprah appearance just confirmed for me not to have high hopes for her recovery process. If her life experiences are not worthy of a Country Music hit song, I will eat my hat, but for now, I will just hope that someone can guide her to a calmer place.

close_enough
07-22-2007, 06:40 PM
here's a 'picture'.....

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2007/jul/22/country_singer_mccready_finds_herself_behind_bars_/

RiverRat
07-22-2007, 06:40 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindy_McCready

http://music.aol.com/artist/mindy-mccready/174776/main

wildTrose
07-22-2007, 08:10 PM
She has basically tried to kill her baby twice before it was born....isnt that child abuse? Sounds lke someone needs to step in and take that baby away before she attempts and possibly succeeds now that he has been born!! and she is suing her ex? sounds like she needs money...he should counter sue and then if the boy is his if he is a better parent then he needs to get that baby away from her!!!

Angels_Not_Forgotten
07-22-2007, 11:37 PM
here's a 'picture'.....

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2007/jul/22/country_singer_mccready_finds_herself_behind_bars_/

Holy Crap!:eek:

Kgram
07-23-2007, 05:04 AM
She has basically tried to kill her baby twice before it was born....isnt that child abuse? Sounds lke someone needs to step in and take that baby away before she attempts and possibly succeeds now that he has been born!! and she is suing her ex? sounds like she needs money...he should counter sue and then if the boy is his if he is a better parent then he needs to get that baby away from her!!!

Unless he's cleaned up his act the father was as bad or worse than her. As far as she is concerned she sounds like a mean nasty drunk. She said she was going to sue the cops because they starved her and abused her. Hey Mindy you got tossed in the drunk tank they don't offer room service when you get that room. Her mothers face was scratched.....sure hope the baby didn't make you mad! And why was she at her mama's house? No money of her own to rent or buy a place? This woman made enough money 10 years ago to pay cash for a home. OH silly me she ran out of money and sold her house or lost it for not making payments because she needed drugs and booze. (Priorities huh?) Well Mindy your well on your way down Addiction Road and your dragging your innocent baby with you, how proud you must be. Sorry if I sound so angry but I saw this same garbage happen to someone I knew over 20 years ago. That baby's mother died when he was a teenager and today he's a 25 yr old heroin addict. I hope and pray she gets a prison sentence so a responsible sober adult can raise him.

Straitfan
07-23-2007, 06:05 AM
She has alot of talent, it is really sad that she will not/ or does not get some kind of help, family must be enabling her to continue her out of control behaviors, hence new chg... Sad...:(

Malapoo
07-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Girl, you had DEAN CAIN and you let him slip away. Idiot.

lizzybeth
07-23-2007, 08:58 AM
You know this is sad anyway but when you have someone that has looks and talent and they throw it away for drugs and alcohol it makes me mad. Not everyone is blessed that way but I'm mostly mad about the poor little boy that is growing up with a mom like this and a grandmother that obviously doesn't know how to help her.

jantel74
07-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Sounds like this girl has made bad choice after bad choice. That poor little boy needs to find a "normal" , non angry drunk to raise him. Just my opinion.

RiverRat
07-23-2007, 11:06 AM
http://www.sun-herald.com/floridanews.cfm?id=137

"McCready’s mother first called police about her daughter being drunk and unruly at about 1 a.m., King said. When deputies tried to handcuff the 31-year-old singer, she resisted, and a female officer had to wrestle her to the ground. The scratch seen on McCready’s nose in her booking mug shot was caused during that altercation, King said.

McCready said Lee County deputies used excessive force during the arrest, and took her down while she was holding her baby, as reported today in the News-Press.

McCready was booked into the Lee County Jail at 2:28 a.m. on Saturday morning, and posted her $1,000 bail at 7:05 p.m. Sunday.

King said McCready again became unruly at the station, refusing again to allow herself to be handcuffed, until she was subdued with a pepper spray-like chemical."

Ticamom
07-23-2007, 07:27 PM
How sad to see what her life has become. I remember when she had her first hit. She was so pretty and talented. What a waste of talent due to drug and alcohol abuse. :(

CarpeDiem
07-23-2007, 11:08 PM
I just read tonight that the baby (16 months old) could be heard loudly crying in the background of the 911 call, apparently his Grandma was watching him when all this went down.

CarpeDiem
07-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Warrant out for Mindy's Arrest!

http://www.tmz.com/2007/07/25/mindy-mccready-wanted-woman/

Has the world gone mad or WHAT?

Edited to add:
UPDATE: TMZ has confirmed that Mindy McCready is now in police custody. She was arrested at the Nashville International Airport moments ago. Airport Police and Williamson County Sheriffs Deputies arrested her after she got off her Southwest Airlines flight. Let's hope she was in Group C!

Dark Knight
09-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Receives 1 year in jail for probation violation:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070914/ap_on_en_mu/people_mindy_mccready

Taximom
04-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Did she sleep with Roger Clemens when she was 15? :eek:

From JBean's comment on the Judgement Day for MLB thread:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003795105 (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003795105)

NY 'Daily News': Clemens Had Affair With (Very) Young Country Singer

By E&P Staff

Published: April 28, 2008 7:30 AM ET

NEW YORK Star baseball pitcher Roger Clemens carried on a decade-long affair with country star Mindy McCready, which began when she was a 15-year-old aspiring singer, the New York Daily News reports today, citing unnamed sources. Clemens' lawyers confirms that Clemens, already in hot water over steroids charges, knew the singer well but denies a sexual relationship.

When the two met, Clemens was 28 and married father of two, several sources have told the Daily News.

An excerpt follows.

The revelations could torpedo claims of an unsullied character that are central to the defamation suit Clemens filed Jan. 6 against his former personal trainer Brian McNamee. Vivid details of the affair could surface in several media projects that McCready is involved with - including a documentary that begins filming today in Nashville, a new album and a reality show.

JDB
04-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Did she sleep with Roger Clemens when she was 15? :eek:

From JBean's comment on the Judgement Day for MLB thread:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003795105 (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003795105)

NY 'Daily News': Clemens Had Affair With (Very) Young Country Singer

By E&P Staff

Published: April 28, 2008 7:30 AM ET

NEW YORK Star baseball pitcher Roger Clemens carried on a decade-long affair with country star Mindy McCready, which began when she was a 15-year-old aspiring singer, the New York Daily News reports today, citing unnamed sources. Clemens' lawyers confirms that Clemens, already in hot water over steroids charges, knew the singer well but denies a sexual relationship.

When the two met, Clemens was 28 and married father of two, several sources have told the Daily News.

An excerpt follows.

The revelations could torpedo claims of an unsullied character that are central to the defamation suit Clemens filed Jan. 6 against his former personal trainer Brian McNamee. Vivid details of the affair could surface in several media projects that McCready is involved with - including a documentary that begins filming today in Nashville, a new album and a reality show.

Of Course the rocket is denying it was sexual!!! AN if you belive that I have a bridge to seel ya.:crazy:

calidreamin
04-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Of Course the rocket is denying it was sexual!!! AN if you belive that I have a bridge to seel ya.:crazy:

Lol isn't that what married people always say when the get caught with their hand in the cookie jar?

JDB
04-28-2008, 03:59 PM
I am really hoping this breaks the iceberg. And Roger the dodger can't dodge this one.His line reminds of what he said after throwing the piece of the bat at Piazza. I was throwing it to the batboy Right Roger it is always omeone elses fault.

IdahoMom
04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Report: Mindy McCready Confirms Affair With Roger Clemens

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353056,00.html

snip

NEW YORK — Country singer Mindy McCready confirmed a long-term affair with retired pitcher Roger Clemens, who has been embroiled in a federal steroids probe, according to the New York Daily News.
"I cannot refute anything in the story," a tearful but resolute McCready told the News.

MCDRAW
04-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Report: Mindy McCready Confirms Affair With Roger Clemens

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353056,00.html

snip

NEW YORK — Country singer Mindy McCready confirmed a long-term affair with retired pitcher Roger Clemens, who has been embroiled in a federal steroids probe, according to the New York Daily News.
"I cannot refute anything in the story," a tearful but resolute McCready told the News.

I honestly do not know what to believe. He appears to be stable. She does not. I'm just not sure who is telling the truth here.

Mygirlsadie
04-30-2008, 02:11 AM
I don't know what to believe either. People have affairs all the time unfortunately but Mindy McCready is so messed up in the head that it's hard to believe anything that comes out of her mouth.

southcitymom
04-30-2008, 05:28 AM
Fair points, McDraw and MGS, but I believe McCready.

Jules
04-30-2008, 06:53 AM
Fair points, McDraw and MGS, but I believe McCready.

Me too. Roger is a liar.

Moe
04-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Roger is a liar, and a cheat, and so full of himself it truly is hard to fathom. He is a baseball player with no fans, he screwed every team he ever played for, I'm glad this all came out. No one deserves this more than him.
Did anyone see him testify at the Congressional hearing? He stated "I misremembered" about five hundred times. I guess the same holds here.

fundiva
05-01-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't know what to believe either. People have affairs all the time unfortunately but Mindy McCready is so messed up in the head that it's hard to believe anything that comes out of her mouth.
Maybe one of the reasons she's so messed up is that she has been molested (since she was only 15) by Roger and he has continued to use her over the last ten years. A lot of girls who are molested at a young age by older men have issues, especially relationship issues. My niece had a baby by a guy 6 years older than her when she was 15. She ended up on drugs because that's what he did; got off that after she spent 2 weeks in jail; he was in and out of jail and eventually went to prison for 3 years for molesting another teenager. During that time she has rehabbed (with no relapses), got a good job, went back to school, and bought a house. Now he's out and has contacted her saying he's got religion and still loves her. She's actually considering a relationship with him even though he's a registered child molester, doesn't have a job and a compulsive liar. The family (who has supported her and helped her get where she is) has said they will disown her if she proceeds. These older men seem to get a hold on the girls when they're that young that doesn't go away and affects all their other relationships.

Moe
05-01-2008, 10:21 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/04/30/2008-04-30_roger_clemens_linked_to_john_dalys_ex.html

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=45080&cat=6

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1090659&srvc=home&position=also

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1090645&srvc=home&position=rated

What a swell guy! The only hat he should wear going to the Baseball Hall of Fame is a dunce cap. I feel bad for his wife and kids, he's disgraced them.

southcitymom
05-01-2008, 11:09 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/04/30/2008-04-30_roger_clemens_linked_to_john_dalys_ex.html

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1090659&srvc=home&position=also

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1090645&srvc=home&position=rated

What a swell guy! The only hat he should wear going to the Baseball Hall of Fame is a dunce cap. I feel bad for his wife and kids, he's disgraced them.

My my - he's quite the little Lothario, isn't he?

Jules
05-01-2008, 11:47 AM

Very sad. I do feel for his wife and kids too.

What is it with guys like him? :mad:

Dark Knight
12-18-2008, 07:00 AM
McCready hospitalized after another suicide attempt:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081218/ap_en_ce/people_mindy_mccready;_ylt=Au.t0naZQY84u6Tuzhg9mqC s0NUE

southcitymom
12-18-2008, 08:37 AM
I saw this last night, DK. So sad.

MrsG728
12-18-2008, 09:52 AM
I said the same thing - Oh no, not again :( She is such a mess, and it's so sad. I remembered there was a thread on her, DK. thanks for the update.

OneLostGrl
12-18-2008, 10:38 PM
McCready hospitalized after another suicide attempt:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081218/ap_en_ce/people_mindy_mccready;_ylt=Au.t0naZQY84u6Tuzhg9mqC s0NUE

Oh man, how sad... She seems determined to end her life. I'm very sad for her, that after all this time she is still so unhappy- it's a horrible way to live life. I also hope that her son is in a safe place until mom can be safe for him again.

*prayers*

AlwaysShocked
12-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Not to be crass, but if someone really wants to kill themself, they do it. Believe me - I know.

This woman certainly needs to be insitutionalized and also needs to be nowhere near a child.

MissieMt
12-21-2008, 11:27 AM
I don't think you're being crass, just calling it as it is. Either way, she needs help very intense long term help.

LolaMoon08
11-29-2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2011-11-29/Mindy-McCready-and-son-missing

Hope Xander is brought home soon.

belimom
11-29-2011, 07:57 PM

Oh no... I hope they are found safe. I know that she has had some "trouble" in the past.

ETA: I didn't know she didn't have custody. I guess meth, drugs, alcohol, and depresSion aren't a good mix... I'm really worried.

LolaMoon08
11-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Oh no... I hope they are found safe. I know that she has had some "trouble" in the past.

What I want to know is why, if Mindy only had supervised visits with Xander, how she was able to take him so easily?

Yes, she is an extremely troubled woman with severe addiction issues.

Coldpizza
11-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Mindy McCready - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LolaMoon08
11-29-2011, 08:03 PM
I live here in SW Florida and I am very aware of all of Mindy McCready's issues. I only wish they would get a picture of Xander up so we can get a good look at him. The article doesn't even give his age. :banghead:

LolaMoon08
11-29-2011, 08:17 PM
I did some searching and got Xander's birthdate as March 25th, 2006. That would make him 5-years-old. Poor little guy. Hope Mindy turns herself in and brings him home safe. No telling what kind of people she has him around.

Jacie Estes
11-29-2011, 08:23 PM
What I want to know is why, if Mindy only had supervised visits with Xander, how she was able to take him so easily?

Yes, she is an extremely troubled woman with severe addiction issues.

Yes, this definitely isn't her first rodeo when it comes to trouble.

I hope that if/when they are found, she is not able to do this again. A little jail time/detox might help. Let's hope, in her delusion, she doesn't harm this child.

krimekat
11-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Happy Birthday, Mindy. Do the right thing & bring your son home!

LolaMoon08
11-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes, this definitely isn't her first rodeo when it comes to trouble.

I hope that if/when they are found, she is not able to do this again. A little jail time/detox might help. Let's hope, in her delusion, she doesn't harm this child.

It is extremely frightening to know she has attempted suicide numerous times. Even once when she was pregnant with Xander.

She has even physically assaulted her own mother.

Prayers out in full force for Xander.

krimekat
11-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Melinda Gayle McCready is her name. Her son, Zander, born Mar-2006

http://nndb.com/people/246/000109916/mindy-mccready.jpg

http://nndb.com/people/246/000109916/

LolaMoon08
11-29-2011, 08:29 PM
I wish I could get a moderator to change the title. One of the sites I was looking at spells his name Zander Ryan McCready. The article I linked simply states his name as Xander. No age or description. He's 5-years-old and is missing from Cape Coral, Florida.

StephanieH
11-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, they aren't too worried...they are giving her until Thursday at 5 pm to return him. I'm sorry, but if a woman with a history of suicide attempts and drug abuse had MY child, I would not be giving her a time frame to return him, especially since there has been an ongoing custody battle over little Xander for most of his life. ANYTHING could happen. I don't understand that at all. Maybe the family has some idea where she is and they are going to try to talk to her or something? I don't know...I would be going after my baby...no WAY would some suicidal drug addict who is likely angry about a custody battle have MY baby...

ETA: When I was still married, our child died and my husband had a mental breakdown. He was NOT WELL. I came home from work one day and he had taken both children from day care and was GONE. So...this is emotional for me. There was NOTHING, legally, that I could do. We were legally married and he had every right to take the children wherever he wanted, with or without my permission. The fact that he was recovering from a mental breakdown and the kids were in daycare because he wasn't able to care for them? Well...not enough. SO...I am NOT understanding the time frame thing. THEY DO HAVE RIGHTS. THEY CAN get Zander back. So get him back. (IT all turned out...although his parents actually HID my kids and him in different counties for six months...it was a nightmare)

Darcyline
11-29-2011, 08:37 PM
It is honestly crazy to me how she turned out. I remember loving her debut cd and thinking she was gorgeous. I actually fantasized about being her. I was 10-12 at the time. Anyway, since then so much drugs, pain, and violence. I am praying that she is ok and that her son is ok. I am hoping they find her and get her back in some sort of rehab or institution that finally gets her clean.

krimekat
11-29-2011, 08:43 PM
I agree, Darcyline!

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/image-library/land/376/m/mindy-mccready-dean-cain.jpg
when she dated Superman, Dean Cain 1997

http://images.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drd000/d093/d093495t7h8.jpg
first Album in 1996

Weird, but a friend of mine's father wrote her break out song, Guys Do It All The Time. I met her at a party in Chicago, and she was so sweet & cute. I don't remember her drinking but she did sing. Wow, such a long time ago. I did not even realize she was on Celebrity Rehab . . .

Coldpizza
11-29-2011, 08:47 PM
I think she is from Ft. Myers not too far away. Hopefully that's where she goes and they turn up soon.

BritsKate
11-29-2011, 08:47 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41595_136048749749571_3443_n.jpg

Posted on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Mindy-McCready-get-Zander-back/136048749749571

Coldpizza
11-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Happy Birthday, Mindy. Do the right thing & bring your son home!

It's her birthday? Good grief that could be very troubling. Hope she's not celebrating the wrong way.

ETA yep her birthday is tomorrow (born November 30, 1975)

DairyGirl
11-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Well, they aren't too worried...they are giving her until Thursday at 5 pm to return him. I'm sorry, but if a woman with a history of suicide attempts and drug abuse had MY child, I would not be giving her a time frame to return him, especially since there has been an ongoing custody battle over little Xander for most of his life. ANYTHING could happen. I don't understand that at all. Maybe the family has some idea where she is and they are going to try to talk to her or something? I don't know...I would be going after my baby...no WAY would some suicidal drug addict who is likely angry about a custody battle have MY baby...

ETA: When I was still married, our child died and my husband had a mental breakdown. He was NOT WELL. I came home from work one day and he had taken both children from day care and was GONE. So...this is emotional for me. There was NOTHING, legally, that I could do. We were legally married and he had every right to take the children wherever he wanted, with or without my permission. The fact that he was recovering from a mental breakdown and the kids were in daycare because he wasn't able to care for them? Well...not enough. SO...I am NOT understanding the time frame thing. THEY DO HAVE RIGHTS. THEY CAN get Zander back. So get him back. (IT all turned out...although his parents actually HID my kids and him in different counties for six months...it was a nightmare)

I was going to say the same thing. They have given her until 5 pm Thursday to bring her son back. With her history I am afraid of what she may do. She tried to kill herself when she was pregnant. I would imagine her thinking, if she was thinking, is that she wanted to go with her baby. I hope she isn't thinking that way now.

krimekat
11-29-2011, 09:07 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41595_136048749749571_3443_n.jpg

Posted on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Mindy-McCready-get-Zander-back/136048749749571

Thanks for the pic . . . the FB page is actually a bit disturbing, though.

I thought it was set up to FIND her & Zander, but apparently it is to help her get him returned to her.

Do we know WHO has legal custody of him?

~n/t~
11-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the pic . . . the FB page is actually a bit disturbing, though.

I thought it was set up to FIND her & Zander, but apparently it is to help her get him returned to her.

Do we know WHO has legal custody of him?

The OP article says the boy was with relatives. Both mom and dad are in a bitter custody dispute and neither have custody. Dad just recently was granted overnight stays and mom is not complying with drug testing so she gets supervised visits.

So sad for the little boy.

Cazzie
11-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Who is "they"? (they have given her a deadline)

It doesn't sound like a good idea to threaten her. Vinegar vs. sugar, you know. It seems better for someone she loves (or loves her) to appeal to her, lovingly. Or an LE who is trained in the gentle approach. JMO.

This is really sad...for everyone. And I hope there is a good outcome. :heart:

believe09
11-29-2011, 09:35 PM
If I am reading the article correctly, Cazzie, DCF held an emergency hearing today and the judge gave her until 5pm this afternoon to surrender.

I hope and pray they are OK. Nothing is so bad that it cant be fixed, Mindy.

BritsKate
11-29-2011, 09:48 PM
The link in the OP states Thursday which is mind boggling. I can't find any other MSM to either confirm or deny. I did find this article from 2008 which gives some insight into a previous custody battle over Zander. (According to everything online his name is Z and not X)

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/jun/13/cameras-follow-mccready-court-child-custody-case/

wonders
11-29-2011, 10:03 PM
I thought I had heard her name before.
Someone said she was on Celeb Rehab.
Is she the one who roomed with Mac Phillips?
Gosh I hope the little guy is safe and sound and found before Thursday's deadline.
I really hope she is put in long term rehab.
Such a shame.

Sleuthster
11-29-2011, 10:33 PM
what is this wink news? Its the only thing Im seeing also when searching google.

Why wouldnt TMZ be blasting this on their page???:waitasec:

LolaMoon08
11-29-2011, 10:40 PM
I would think that Zander would have had to be in the custody of Mindy's immediate relatives in order for her to have the access she had to Zander?

There's not a lot to go on, but the way I am thinking is that someone trusted Mindy to take Zander without the court ordered supervision. I do not believe that she kidnapped (in a classical sense) him from the home. I think someone allowed her to take him... and with the bitter custody dispute, I very much doubt that it was someone from Zander's dad's side of the family. Especially after he just won back rights to have his son for night visits.

I think if Mindy would have snatched him, we would have an Amber Alert. And that is the reason I think someone made the mistake of allowing her to leave the home with Zander unsupervised.

Hopefully she just wants to spend her birthday with him... but I do not feel comfortable knowing that the reason she is not allowed to be alone with her son is because she refuses to take drug tests.

LolaMoon08
11-29-2011, 10:42 PM
what is this wink news? Its the only thing Im seeing also when searching google.

Why wouldnt TMZ be blasting this on their page???:waitasec:

Wink News is a local news station in SW Florida where Mindy is from and where she took Zander. I agree it should be on TMZ or Perez Hilton. Something to put pressure on her to bring him home safely.

Melanie
11-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Who is "they"? (they have given her a deadline)

It doesn't sound like a good idea to threaten her. Vinegar vs. sugar, you know. It seems better for someone she loves (or loves her) to appeal to her, lovingly. Or an LE who is trained in the gentle approach. JMO.

This is really sad...for everyone. And I hope there is a good outcome. :heart:

This is making me very nervous. If she's in a custody battle, not granted overnight visits due to non-compliance (drug testing), then taking Z is a last stand. She has to know that when/if she returns that she will prolly end up in jail or rehab, and will likely never get to visit with her son again.

What is she gonna do when faced with that reality? Will it be "if I can't have him no one can".

I'm praying for both of them right now!

Mel

Kimberlyd125
11-29-2011, 10:55 PM
I thought I had heard her name before.
Someone said she was on Celeb Rehab.
Is she the one who roomed with Mac Phillips?
Gosh I hope the little guy is safe and sound and found before Thursday's deadline.
I really hope she is put in long term rehab.
Such a shame.

Yes, she and Mac got really close.

She had a seizure in the room and Mac ran to get help.

Dr. Drew actually brought her for brain scans and she has brain damage from physical abuse and her own substance abuse.

Praying for her and her son.
I hope they are both safe.

belimom
11-29-2011, 11:59 PM
I would think that Zander would have had to be in the custody of Mindy's immediate relatives in order for her to have the access she had to Zander?

There's not a lot to go on, but the way I am thinking is that someone trusted Mindy to take Zander without the court ordered supervision. I do not believe that she kidnapped (in a classical sense) him from the home. I think someone allowed her to take him... and with the bitter custody dispute, I very much doubt that it was someone from Zander's dad's side of the family. Especially after he just won back rights to have his son for night visits.

I think if Mindy would have snatched him, we would have an Amber Alert. And that is the reason I think someone made the mistake of allowing her to leave the home with Zander unsupervised.

Hopefully she just wants to spend her birthday with him... but I do not feel comfortable knowing that the reason she is not allowed to be alone with her son is because she refuses to take drug tests.

bbm

According to this article from 2010, her mother has custody:

Mindy McCready has filed court papers to reclaim custody of her 4-year-old son, Zander, from her mother Terri, who was appointed the child's guardian in 2007 when Mindy was arrested for violating probation. At the time, Mindy was sentenced to 60 days in jail and turned herself in. After serving just half of her sentence, the singer was released for good behavior.

http://www.theboot.com/2010/05/19/mindy-mccready-custody-son/

JourneyRain
11-30-2011, 01:21 AM
I loved her first cd. So sad how this has turned out. I hope they find her and her son safely.

krimekat
11-30-2011, 01:33 AM
bbm

According to this article from 2010, her mother has custody:

Thanks!

http://www.eonline.com/news/judge_refuses_plug_mindy_mccreadys/183216

Judge Refuses to Plug Mindy McCready's Leaky Mom - from 2010 May 27

A judge has denied a motion filed by McCready's lawyer to issue an emergency gag order against oversharing mother Gayle Inge, as well as a request to transfer guardianship of son Zander from Inge to Mindy's father, Tim. Her parents, who are divorced, both reside in Florida.

http://countrymusictattletale.com/2011/06/17/mindy-mccready-files-complaint-against-her-mother-and-the-national-enquirer/

Mindy McCready Files Complaint Against Her Mother and the National Enquirer - from 2011 Jun 17

Meanwhile, Mindy has been embroiled in a four-year battle over physical custody of her now 5-year-old son, Zander. In various legal hearings, options have been weighed to keep the child where he is, with Ms. Inge, or to place him permanently with his biological father, Billy McKnight (who was charged with attempted murder for nearly killing McCready in 2005)–despite circumstances that have been verified as unhealthy and unsafe for the child, including but not limited to Zander’s numerous and unexplained visits to the doctor’s office, under the care of Ms. Inge, and Mr. McKnight’s criminal, alcohol and drug abuse history, and his prolonged absence from Zander’s life.

That Ms. Inge chose to speak so openly, albeit falsely, about those proceedings, and the fact that she provided a picture of the child for national publication, raises serious concerns in my mind for the safety and well-being of Zander while he continues to be in her care. There are additional legal actions being investigated and reviewed. It is clear that Ms. McCready and her mother have a tumultuous relationship. The fact that she is raising Ms. McCready’s son and refuses to foster his relationship with his mother, coupled with the fact that she would publicly exploit these proceedings, should raise serious concerns as to whether Ms. Inge truly has the child’s best interest at heart,”

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-06-18/sports/29696838_1_gayle-inge-mindy-mccready-ed-problems

"I do believe that redemption for me is as close as it's ever been," said McCready. "The state of Florida is going to be exposed for the fraud committed for taking my child. What Zander has gone through will somehow make a difference with child care laws, so kids don't have to suffer like he did."

This stuff is what Country music is made of . . . not to make light of how Mindy was raised or the addictions she has. Poor Z & Mindy!

KBL100
11-30-2011, 02:44 AM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002474011353&ref=nf_fr#!/officialmindymccready?sk=wall

MsFacetious
11-30-2011, 03:14 AM
Okay... so the police verified via Skype that he is not missing.
So that could be when she was given a deadline to return him if she has him?
Why did it have to be verified via Skype, why couldn't it be verified in person?

She doesn't say "I don't have my son."
She says he is "not missing."

http://www.facebook.com/officialmindymccready?sk=wall

And actually... when you don't have custody, you CAN kidnap your own child.

Someone who is friends with both Mindy and her family, comments and appears to imply that Mindy DOES have her son... asking her to return.

Through that girl's facebook (THM) you can find Mindy's family who's posts ALSO seem to imply she DOES have him.
There are also more pictures of them there.

Jaxson
11-30-2011, 03:20 AM
That poor little boy. It sounds like there is no one in his life who will put him first. I can only imagine what all this will do to him. I hope and pray he is safe.

Cazzie
11-30-2011, 08:24 AM

Who is the guy standing next to Mindy's mother at about 0:44? Mindy's father? It's quite odd that he is smiling so big while Mindy's mother is talking about conflict with Mindy and saying "we wish it could have been different"...

Coldpizza
11-30-2011, 09:38 AM
McCready took her son Zander, 5, from his father Bill McKnight's home

http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1675111/police-in-florida-search-for-missing-mindy-mccready-and-her-kidnapped-son.jhtml

Coldpizza
11-30-2011, 09:39 AM
OMG: hope I can post this from the above link

FB Friends I know it has been a long time since you have heard from me... I have been fighting the Florida court system to protect my son, and bring him home. Wink TV has once again reported nothing but lies and they are most likely being supported by the attorney for DCF child services. There is NO AMBER ALERT and my son is not missing! Detectives from the Cape Coral Police department established that this afternoon via Skype. Please do not worry or support anything they continue to lie about!! Thanks Always.... Mindy

There is nothing on the FB anymore

LolaMoon08
11-30-2011, 10:34 AM
McCready took her son Zander, 5, from his father Bill McKnight's home

http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1675111/police-in-florida-search-for-missing-mindy-mccready-and-her-kidnapped-son.jhtml

That throws me off? How did she get close enough access to take Zander while he was staying with the father's relatives? If she did snatch him, then there should be an Amber Alert and a warrant should be out for her arrest. Or maybe LE just doesn't want to tick her off too much and are being nice through the media to get Zander back?

Come on Mindy, bring Zander home.

Emma Peel
11-30-2011, 11:07 AM
How very sad.

It's as if this woman lives in a long, sad country ballad.

:(

Coldpizza
11-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 8:27 AM EST
Updated: Nov 30, 2011 8:29 AM ES

Police said Mindy McCready took her son, Xander, from a relative's home

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/16152674/mindy-mccready-wanted-in-florida-for-kidnapping-son

I don't know, one article says McKnights home another relatives home.

Hope there both safe

Hazel
11-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Missing person report filed on country singer Mindy McCready and her 5-year-old son in Florida

CAPE CORAL, Fla. — Florida authorities say country singer Mindy McCready is missing with her 5-year-old son, and a judge has given her until Thursday to return the boy.

Caption under picture: (Mark Humphrey, file/Associated Press) - FILE - In this undated file photo, country singer Mindy McCready performs in Nashville, Tenn. A missing persons report has been filed for McCready and her 5-year-old son Zander. The Department of Children and Families says the report was filed with Cape Coral Police Tuesday night after McCready took Zander from McCready’s father’s home.
McCready doesn’t have custody of her son — her mother does — and was allowed to visit the

read more: The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/missing-person-report-filed-on-country-singer-mindy-mccready-and-her-5-year-old-son-in-florida/2011/11/30/gIQA8Ol1CO_story.html)

RabidBadger
11-30-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1506&pictureid=13100

krimekat
11-30-2011, 02:17 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002474011353&ref=nf_fr#!/officialmindymccready?sk=wall

wow - considerably different from last night. Thanks for finding it so we could read it before they shut it down

Melanie
11-30-2011, 03:16 PM
wow - considerably different from last night. Thanks for finding it so we could read it before they shut it down

The page is blank - no more posts to show. I'd sure like to know what's really going on. Grrrr..

Mel

belimom
11-30-2011, 03:17 PM
This article still quotes WINK but says that he was taken several days ago... I really hope they are okay. That's a long time for no communication (if there hasn't been any).

McCready’s parents told local news station WINK that the troubled singer took the boy from their Cape Coral, Fla., home several days ago and has not returned. Her parents have custody of Zander after a years-long court battle between McCready and her mother Terri.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2011/11/singer-mindy-mccready-and-son-missing/

ETA: I do see that her parents have been in contact with her (from the same link):

Police do not consider the case an abduction at this point. The spokesman said McCready’s parents have been in contact with her.

JoeFromLB
11-30-2011, 03:18 PM
According to Access Hollywood, she sent an Email to them this morning and said they are not missing:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mindy-mccready-says-she-and-son-zander-not-missing-i-did-not-steal-my-child_article_57352

krimekat
11-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Naw, she's just getting some "help" to get Z out of the Country (IMHO)

She's been trying to get away from her mother for many, many years & maybe with her "therapy" through Celebrity Rehab, she feels she has the "tools" to get Z returned to her.

No idea . . . just want this to not be a nightmare

Coldpizza
11-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Country singer Mindy McCready, 5-year-old son reported missing
McCready took boy from her father's home, officials say

Published On: Nov 30 2011 12:06:06 PM CST Updated On: Nov 30 2011 12:54:52 PM CST

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Country-singer-Mindy-McCready-5-year-old-son-reported-missing/-/1637132/4848128/-/6dp7n2z/-/index.html

believe09
11-30-2011, 03:40 PM
She did kidnap him and he is missing. I mean if her mom has custody and she is refusing to return him...Mindy, work through the court systems.

I wonder if bio dad gave Zander to her? it isnt as if he didnt know she didnt have custody.

essies
11-30-2011, 03:41 PM
I think there may be more to the story- perhaps Mindy's mother and father aren't on the same page concerning Zander? Consider the following snip -
NBC2's Stacey Deffenbaugh has learned that a case worker from the Children's Network made an unannounced visit to the Cape Coral home of Mindy's father on Tuesday.
The boy, named Zander, was supposed to be there - but sources say he wasn't.

Mindy's father eventually told the case worker that Mindy had been there earlier in the day and took off with Zander.

The case worker filed a missing persons report and notified the Department of Children and Families.

This case has a long legal history and a lot of family strife. There have been dozens of court hearings about the custody of the boy.

Mindy's mother has legal custody of Zander and is raising him, with the help of her husband
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/16153205/2011/11/30/police-search-for-mindy-mccready-her-son
It kinda seems Mindy's mother and father might be separated and perhaps her father is more easily manipulated than mother?:waitasec:

krimekat
11-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Happy Birthday, Mindy ! Give yourself a big present & come home with Z

BetteDavisEyes
11-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Mindy McCready, son reported missing in Florida
By TAMARA LUSH, AP
24 minutes ago

TAMPA, Fla. — Florida authorities say country singer Mindy McCready is missing with her 5-year-old son, and a judge has given her until Thursday to return the boy.

The state Department of Children and Families says a missing persons report was filed with Cape Coral police Tuesday night after McCready took her son Zander from her father's home...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20111130/US.People.McCready/

believe09
11-30-2011, 04:12 PM
I am going to assume he turned Xander over to Mindy. Oh Boy.

Cazzie
11-30-2011, 04:25 PM
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/16153205/2011/11/30/police-search-for-mindy-mccready-her-son
It kinda seems Mindy's mother and father might be separated and perhaps her father is more easily manipulated than mother?:waitasec:
SBM.

This article is about as clear as mud...or maybe the family dynamics are confusing to me...

Zander was sick before Thanksgiving, the step-grandmother called him in sick again to school Tuesday (yesterday?), and now she won't talk to LE but told them to talk to her lawyer? A case-worker went to his father's home and he didn't want to tell them where Zander was?

Who was the last person to see Zander, and when/where?

Who was the last person to see Mindy, and when/where?

I'm hoping there wasn't foul play against both of them...

MsFacetious
11-30-2011, 04:35 PM
"I did not steal my child, as it would be impossible for me to kidnap what already belongs to me!," she reportedly said via email.
"There never was any missing persons report and never an Amber Alert."

McCready reportedly took Zander from her father's house Tuesday night.
McCready's mother reportedly has custody, with Mindy allowed visitation at her dad's house.

Cape Coral Police Lt. Tony Sizemore told the Associated Press that so far, there's "no criminal act."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2011/11/mindy-mccready-son-missing-custody-billy-mcknight.html

essies
11-30-2011, 04:44 PM
The singer's brother, Josh McCready, told The Associated Press in a private Facebook message that his sister was "fine."

"Mindy is fine and so is Zander. There is nothing to worry about," he wrote.
http://hosted2.ap.org/txdam/ec2d8a4c1614477db0610df17d4a39ce/Article_2011-11-30-US-People-McCready/id-6d7a8d9f0907474181eafe8fd229bccd
Poor child caught up in the middle of a family fued it seems!!:banghead:

MsFacetious
11-30-2011, 04:51 PM
"I did not steal my child, as it would be impossible for me to kidnap what already belongs to me!," she reportedly said via email.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2011/11/mindy-mccready-son-missing-custody-billy-mcknight.html

I wasn't too concerned until I saw this... it just put in perspective the frame of mind Mindy is in.

I can't imagine referring to my children as "belonging to" me.

"It would be impossible for me to kidnap my own child" makes sense.

However if "belongs to me" is being used then it seems like it should be property..
"It would be impossible for me to steal the car/TV/radio that already belongs to me."

I just got a little sick when I saw that... :waitasec:

wfgodot
11-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Daily Mail's finally caught up to the story:

Troubled country music star Mindy McCready goes missing with her five-year-old son after custody battle (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2068230/Mindy-McCready-goes-missing-year-old-son.html)

plenty of pictures including a booking photo of the ex-boyfriend/dad, plus a warts-and-blemishes account of the circumstances, at link

ConstableCruller
11-30-2011, 05:36 PM
That poor child doesn't have a chance.

believe09
11-30-2011, 05:50 PM
"There never was any missing persons report and never an Amber Alert."

McCready reportedly took Zander from her father's house Tuesday night.
McCready's mother reportedly has custody, with Mindy allowed visitation at her dad's house.

Cape Coral Police Lt. Tony Sizemore told the Associated Press that so far, there's "no criminal act."

I hate to nit pick here, but it sure seems to indicate that she sees her son as a thing-an object to be fought over. :(

essies
11-30-2011, 07:30 PM
I hate to nit pick here, but it sure seems to indicate that she sees her son as a thing-an object to be fought over. :(
ITA
I'm praying this little boy is returned safe and sound-but Mindy has just taken (apparently with a little familial help) a HUGE step back in any attempt to regain custody of her son!!:twocents:

Kimberlyd125
11-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Sometimes desperation makes you do things that are not normal.

It's not right, but I can see how it happens.

I would go toe to toe with Satan himself if he tried to keep me away from my DD.

Jaxson
11-30-2011, 07:56 PM
I really think this woman needs to be punished. It's not okay to steal a child. Not even your own if you have been deemed unfit as a parent. She won't submit to drug testing so she has supervised visits. Evidently supervised by an enabling father. If she were a nobody people would be screaming. Because she is Mindy McCready does not make this okay.

pkz
11-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Just heard on CNN....they asked Mindy to come on the show to explain and her rep said "she is pregnant with twins and is resting"

pkz
11-30-2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20549953,00.html

link to story about pregnancy

believe09
11-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Sometimes desperation makes you do things that are not normal.

It's not right, but I can see how it happens.

I would go toe to toe with Satan himself if he tried to keep me away from my DD.

She agreed to give her mother custody-that is how I am reading it. It was part of the criminal action against her...that is how I see it. I could be wrong.

She has been denied over and over again her custodial rights-these are rights that are extremely hard to take from any parent, much less a mother. So there is something amiss with her representation of herself and her rights.

She has now virtually guaranteed that she will not be awarded custody, and she will now have supervised visitation if she gets any visitation at all.

I think Dad may have colluded-if so I assume there was an exit plan in place and they will be hard to find. If not, they should be rather easy given that she is sending emails.

believe09
11-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Whoa-so Mindy stole her son and is pregnant with twins, and is resting comfortably? Which means someone knows where she is and is harboring, possibly, a fugitive? And a kidnapper?

Good Lord, way to endanger everyone MM.

Kimberlyd125
11-30-2011, 08:40 PM
I really think this woman needs to be punished. It's not okay to steal a child. Not even your own if you have been deemed unfit as a parent. She won't submit to drug testing so she has supervised visits. Evidently supervised by an enabling father. If she were a nobody people would be screaming. Because she is Mindy McCready does not make this okay.

I don't think it's ok.

I can just understand the desperation.

Kimberlyd125
11-30-2011, 08:41 PM
She agreed to give her mother custody-that is how I am reading it. It was part of the criminal action against her...that is how I see it. I could be wrong.

She has been denied over and over again her custodial rights-these are rights that are extremely hard to take from any parent, much less a mother. So there is something amiss with her representation of herself and her rights.

She has now virtually guaranteed that she will not be awarded custody, and she will now have supervised visitation if she gets any visitation at all.

I think Dad may have colluded-if so I assume there was an exit plan in place and they will be hard to find. If not, they should be rather easy given that she is sending emails.

I understand all that. I really do.

I said it wasn't right.

Kimberlyd125
11-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Those brain scans just keep popping in my mind. IMO she does not think clearly.

When her ex beat the crap out of her, she suffered trauma to her head and face IIRC. Then, on top of that, she has used drugs and alcohol for years. This also affects her brain activity.

She is known to have seizures.

I'm not making excuses, but I think there is much more to this than a mom kidnapping her son.

believe09
11-30-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't think it's ok.

I can just understand the desperation.

I know, kim. I wasnt frustrated with you-I would move heaven and earth as well, but I hope that I would do it in a way that would make it stick.

I think she is showing classic signs of someone who is not thinking about what is in the best interests of Xander. Xander is looking at living a life on the run, ripped from the stable people (we hope) who have been raising him.

If she is not thinking clearly, and is in some kind of psychosis related to her pregnancy, there is even more reason to get everyone to a safe, supervised spot where they can be helped.

Kimberlyd125
11-30-2011, 09:00 PM
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20147753,00.html

This is the story about when she almost died at the hands of her boyfriend. It was a violent attack. He slammed her face into a wall and choked her so bad it damaged her eyes.

According to Dr. Drew and the physician that did the scans while she was on "Celebrity Rehab" this caused some brain damage.

Kimberlyd125
11-30-2011, 09:01 PM
I know, kim. I wasnt frustrated with you-I would move heaven and earth as well, but I hope that I would do it in a way that would make it stick.

I think she is showing classic signs of someone who is not thinking about what is in the best interests of Xander. Xander is looking at living a life on the run, ripped from the stable people (we hope) who have been raising him.

If she is not thinking clearly, and is in some kind of psychosis related to her pregnancy, there is even more reason to get everyone to a safe, supervised spot where they can be helped.

I agree.

Kimberlyd125
11-30-2011, 09:21 PM
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0511/11/lkl.01.html

Small glimpse into Mindy's mind.

This is an old transcript from Larry King show.

Jaxson
11-30-2011, 09:30 PM
As a mother I totally understand how she must feel. I would want my child also. On the other hand SHE is the reason she doesn't have custody of her son and she should likewise understand that it is her behavior that caused the loss of custody, and the only way to change the circumstances is to change her behavior. I don't think this is all her either. Based on what I have read her father allowed her to take her son. He knows her drug and alcohol issues, her suicide attempts, and the possible danger her state of mind might put that child in. I find him to have been negligent in allowing her to take him (if that is what happened)

I really don't feel good about any of this. Mindy has issues possibly stemming from her upbringing so I don't feel good about her mother having custody. Not saying she is not a good parent to her grandson and I hope that DCS made a good decision there, but if the supervised visits for Mindy were at her fathers house because of the relationship with her mother being so bad, then I have to wonder was her mother the disciplinarian in the family and Dad gave Mindy everything she wanted and continues to do so with a child at risk? Or was Mindy's mom a bad choice, is she raising Zander for monetary reasons, and father sides with Mindy for good reason's? The dynamics of this family make me wonder if Zander wouldn't be better off with his fathers family.

I don't want anything bad to happen to Mindy but she is an adult and has made a really bad decision here.

I have to think of the child first. As a mother.

Kimberlyd125
11-30-2011, 10:20 PM
But she IMO does not have the same mental capacity as most mothers her age. She needs serious help.

I really don't think she understands just how serious this is. I think that is apparent by her words that they are fine and her son is not missing.

Mindy also has said for years that her mother has tried to sabotage her in the court's view to keep her child from her. Who knows, that may very well be correct.

On the other hand, Mindy's actions have been deplorable. What was her mental state? What was her degree desperation? I just don't know.

I think there are MANY variables at play here.

I really hope they are both safe.

StephanieH
11-30-2011, 10:29 PM
She doesn't need twins, that's for sure.

essies
12-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Country Singer Mindy McCready Reportedly Can't Return to Florida Court Due to Pregnancy

snip-
Country singer Mindy McCready said Wednesday she probably will not be able to bring her 5-year-old son back to Florida to fulfill a judge's order by Thursday afternoon -- because she is nearly seven months pregnant with twins. By not returning as ordered, she risks arrest.

McCready alleges that her son suffered abuse while living at her mother's home and that is one reason why she left with the boy last week.

When reached at her home Wednesday night, McCready's mother, Gayle Inge, said the abuse allegations are "absolutely not true."

McCready said she was under the impression that the Florida judge was transferring the custody case to Tennessee and that it wouldn't be a problem if she brought him there.

McCready, whose son could be heard giggling on the other end of the line Wednesday as his mother spoke to the AP, said the father of her twins is a music producer named David who is supportive of her quest to regain custody of Zander.

Wednesday was McCready's 36th birthday.

"I hope that for my birthday, I get my son forever," McCready said:banghead:
Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/11/30/country-singer-mindy-mccready-reportedly-cant-return-to-florida-court-due-to/#ixzz1fFhC3its
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh Mindy-you've probably killed that from ever happening and may have even jeopardized the custody of your soon to be born twins too-especially if you wind up doing jail time!! You need to send your son home and work with the system and stay clean and out of trouble!!:twocents:l

Kimberlyd125
12-01-2011, 12:22 AM
I wonder if there is any truth to the abuse claims.

Jaxson
12-01-2011, 12:34 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. There seems to be issues between Mindy and her mother that may stem from Mindy's child hood. The fact that her dad has enabled her (guilt because of an abusive ex-wife?).

With what I know at this point (which isn't much) I would remove custody from grandma just because there are issues between her and her daughter that I am sure affect that little boy whether it is directly or indirectly.

I don't think Mindy is ready for custody though. She has not used good judgement at a time when it is VERY important, so can she be counted on to use good judgement on a daily basis? She has risked everything by doing this.

TexasLori
12-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Oh my. As if this wasn't a bad enough situation, now we can add two more innocents to the mix. Bless those three precious babies.

DairyGirl
12-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Country Singer Mindy McCready Reportedly Can't Return to Florida Court Due to Pregnancy

snip-
Country singer Mindy McCready said Wednesday she probably will not be able to bring her 5-year-old son back to Florida to fulfill a judge's order by Thursday afternoon -- because she is nearly seven months pregnant with twins. By not returning as ordered, she risks arrest.

McCready alleges that her son suffered abuse while living at her mother's home and that is one reason why she left with the boy last week.

When reached at her home Wednesday night, McCready's mother, Gayle Inge, said the abuse allegations are "absolutely not true."

McCready said she was under the impression that the Florida judge was transferring the custody case to Tennessee and that it wouldn't be a problem if she brought him there.

McCready, whose son could be heard giggling on the other end of the line Wednesday as his mother spoke to the AP, said the father of her twins is a music producer named David who is supportive of her quest to regain custody of Zander.

Wednesday was McCready's 36th birthday.

"I hope that for my birthday, I get my son forever," McCready said:banghead:
Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/11/30/country-singer-mindy-mccready-reportedly-cant-return-to-florida-court-due-to/#ixzz1fFhC3its
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh Mindy-you've probably killed that from ever happening and may have even jeopardized the custody of your soon to be born twins too-especially if you wind up doing jail time!! You need to send your son home and work with the system and stay clean and out of trouble!!:twocents:l

So, yesterday it was ok for her to go to Florida to take the child but now, all of the sudden, due to her pregnancy, she can't return to Florida? That isn't doing a whole lot for her credibility.
If it's true that she wouldn't take drug tests then she shouldn't have custody, period. If she were clean she wouldn't have a problem taking a drug test. I would take a drug test any day or night to get my child.
I just hope she hasn't been using during her pregnancy. I hope they drug test the babies as soon as they are born and if they have drugs in their system then they should take them away, too.
Of course I know there are two sides to every story and given the fact that her mother assaulted her (I believe I read that) then it is possible that she has abused the child, too. I hope they completely look into the allegations. Sadly, until this whole mess is worked out maybe the child would be better off in a foster home then with any of these dysfunctional people.

Jaxson
12-01-2011, 12:46 AM
I thought it was Mindy who assaulted her mother and she received jail time but served very little and broke probation. Is this not right?

MsFacetious
12-01-2011, 01:36 AM
No no no no.... not more babies. She is going to lose custody of those too now.
She has been freaking out because she says that her mother is trying to give custody back to her ex... the one that nearly killed her?
She talked about that on her facebook with the pictures of herself after the attack.

Amster
12-01-2011, 01:36 AM
I thought it was Mindy who assaulted her mother and she received jail time but served very little and broke probation. Is this not right?

Correct....no evidence whatsoever that Mindys mom is abusive. Mindy is/was

DairyGirl
12-01-2011, 01:40 AM
Correct....no evidence whatsoever that Mindys mom is abusive. Mindy is/was

My mistake. I misunderstood what I read. It was Mindy who was charged with assaulting her mother. In that case I don't think she should have unsupervised visitation with her child unless she has gotten help.

StephanieH
12-01-2011, 01:47 AM
I am not going to say the Florida DFS knows what they are doing (does anyone remember Rilya Wilson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia?) but...I bet Zander is still safer with Mindy's mom than with Mindy right now. The whole situation is sad.

gitana1
12-01-2011, 03:51 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious child.

How did you eventually get your kids back?

I wasn't too concerned until I saw this... it just put in perspective the frame of mind Mindy is in.

I can't imagine referring to my children as "belonging to" me.

"It would be impossible for me to kidnap my own child" makes sense.

However if "belongs to me" is being used then it seems like it should be property..
"It would be impossible for me to steal the car/TV/radio that already belongs to me."

I just got a little sick when I saw that... :waitasec:

Right. A better phrase would be: "I can't kidnap my own child,"

Good question, because if I;m not mistaken, there was an article that contained the allegation that Zander is sick a lot at his grandma's. Then, there was an article stating Zander had been reported sick by his grandma and had not attended school for a few days, so DCF came to check? I guess were told he was at his dad's and went there to check and found him missing?

These were articles I found linked to on previous pages but I'm too tired to hunt right now.

Melanie
12-01-2011, 03:55 AM
What is she thinking? She'll lose Zander and the twins if she's not careful (and by that I mean getting her rear end back home asap).

I hope this doesn't turn out tragic. Does LE know where she is?

Mel

MsFacetious
12-01-2011, 06:17 AM
What is she thinking? She'll lose Zander and the twins if she's not careful (and by that I mean getting her rear end back home asap).

I hope this doesn't turn out tragic. Does LE know where she is?

Mel

She said on facebook that LE had verified on Skye that he was not missing.
That same LE agency came out and said there was not a criminal act yet.
So I think they saw them on Skype Tuesday maybe but that's it?

I am a bit less worried about this ending tragically now that I know she is pregnant.
I don't know why... but that makes me feel better about it. As long as she doesn't lose all hope for all 3 kids.

Kimberlyd125
12-01-2011, 08:27 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. There seems to be issues between Mindy and her mother that may stem from Mindy's child hood. The fact that her dad has enabled her (guilt because of an abusive ex-wife?).

With what I know at this point (which isn't much) I would remove custody from grandma just because there are issues between her and her daughter that I am sure affect that little boy whether it is directly or indirectly.

I don't think Mindy is ready for custody though. She has not used good judgement at a time when it is VERY important, so can she be counted on to use good judgement on a daily basis? She has risked everything by doing this.

I totally agree.

She needs a lot of help.

IMO she is not stable enough at this point to have her child.

Kimberlyd125
12-01-2011, 08:31 AM
She said on facebook that LE had verified on Skye that he was not missing.
That same LE agency came out and said there was not a criminal act yet.
So I think they saw them on Skype Tuesday maybe but that's it?

I am a bit less worried about this ending tragically now that I know she is pregnant.
I don't know why... but that makes me feel better about it. As long as she doesn't lose all hope for all 3 kids.

Yeah, but she attempted suicide 2 times while pregnant with her son.

She's got major issues.

krimekat
12-01-2011, 11:21 AM
KING: Dickson, Tennessee, hello.

CALLER: Mindy, how could you think you had no self-esteem when you were so successful and beautiful?

MCCREADY: Gosh, people ask that all the time. How could you feel depressed? How could you be upset about your life? You had everything going for you.

It's hard to describe, when you're in an abusive relationship with somebody, especially when I feel. You know, as a child there were things said to me that weren't all, you know, Billy making me feel that way.

They were there. They belittle you so that you feel like you need them. So that you feel like you have to have them. And you just get lost. I mean, that's the only way I can explain it to you, is I was just so terribly lost. Once you get down that far, it's hard to pick yourself back up.

from the Larry King Interview
Aired November 11, 2005

krimekat
12-01-2011, 11:51 AM
from her wiki page regarding her past LEGAL troubles (not the child custody or suicide attempts or Rehab stints):

August 2004: arrested in TN for using a fake prescription to buy OxyContin; pleaded guilty & fined $4,000, sentenced to 3 years probation, ordered to perform 200 hours of community service.

May 2005: arrested in TN & charged with DUI and driving on a suspended license. Jury found her not guilty of DUI, guilty of driving on a suspended license.

July 2005: charged in AZ with identity theft, unlawful use of transportation, unlawful imprisonment, and hindering prosecution (WTH?).

August 2005: warrant issued for violation of her probation for leaving TN without permission; charged with not reporting to her probation officer; arrested in FL & returned to TN.

Faced a hearing late 2005 on charges of violating her probation on a drug charge by failing to check in with her probation officer and leaving the state without permission to go to FL (nothing about what transpired).

July 2007: arrested in FL; charged with battery & resisting arrest for an apparent scuffle with her mother.

The following week, taken into custody at Nashville International Airport for violating probation.

September 2007: sentenced to a year in jail for violating probation & ordered to serve 2 more years of probation & perform 200 additional hours of community service.

December 2007: released from jail.

June 2008: arrested in TN for violating the terms of her probation set in September 2007; sentenced to 60 days in jail.

September 30, 2008: turned herself in; served half the sentence (released for good behavior on October 31, 2008).

Nothing after that . . . I'm just trying to understand her frame of mind & learning more about her "demons". I met her in '96 at a party in Chicago when she released "Guys Do It All The Time"; she was so small & cute & nice & fresh -- just a shame she had to hide all this depression (as noted in the Larry King interview & probably in Celebrity Rehab-I don't watch that carp).

Think about this: she was 16 when she started focusing on her career & left for Nashville when she was 18. I cannot help but think she may have been forced to provide for her family at a young age (Lohan-ish). Her younger brother lived with her in TN & not in FL with her mother . . . trying to find a link.

Another thing: if she had done all this in CA, would it be more Lindsey-like (a joke)? TN apparently means business for probation violations.

krimekat
12-01-2011, 11:54 AM
:innocent: Sorry for the long posts, guys. Worried about Z & her . . . OMG & her unborn babies apparently.

MsFacetious
12-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, but she attempted suicide 2 times while pregnant with her son.

She's got major issues.

That was also within 6 months of her almost being beaten to death... after he was charged with attempted murder.
That happened in May 2005 and her suicide attempts were in July and September.
Then again in December 2008 (just before Christmas suicides go up anyway.)

I agree she has got issues.
I just think she's got the baby daddy's support in this situation... there is no recent attempted murder to deal with.
Things are much better this time around, so I have a lot more hope.

Now, the May 2010 "possible overdose" is VERY interesting.
She had JUST gotten the custody proceedings opened again to get her son back from her mother.

Then just after she got out of rehab, she was given pain pills by guess who?
Her mother.
And those pills landed her in the hospital with a possible "reaction" to it.
Which her mother claimed was an overdose and suicide attempt.
Dr Drew said there was no relapse. But Mom claimed she tried to kill herself.

I find that to be quite coincidental.
Because that certainly didn't help her in getting her son back now did it?

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/25/mindy-mccready-overdose-od-davrocet-narcotic-broken-toe-mother/#.Tte9klbFmSo

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/mom-mindy-mccready-absolutely-attempted-suicide-2010265

I also always have an issue when someone has multiple suicide attempts. I know, people can attempt suicide and fail.
I have a guy across the street who blew half his face off with a shotgun and lived, so I've seen it firsthand.
But when you have "attempted suicide" multiple times?? 2 overdoses and one cutting the wrists?

I think she was either trying to escape to numb the pain or she just wanted help she didn't know how to ask for. :twocents:

http://en.wikipedia.org/Mindy_McCready

Kimberlyd125
12-01-2011, 02:04 PM
I think her mom is sketchy to put it mildly.

wfgodot
12-01-2011, 02:15 PM
So....about four hours and 45 minutes till she either shows up with the child, or doesn't. What next, if she doesn't?

the seeker
12-01-2011, 02:28 PM
I fear they better find them, and quickly. This is not a stable person.

MsFacetious
12-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I think they know where she is and are just letting her come in. I don't think they are really worried about his safety.
They told her she could surrender him in Nashville as well.

I wonder if she realizes that by saying she is "resting comfortably" and can't travel due to her pregnancy...
that she also makes herself sound incapable of caring for her son.
Almost makes it sound like she is on bed rest. And of course having just traveled a few days ago to get him does not help that excuse either.

7 months pregnant or 5 months pregnant? We have heard both.
Odds are higher that she would actually be told not to travel at 7 months.
If she was having any issues at 5 months she'd likely be hospitalized.
If she is having a healthy twin pregnancy at 5 months along, there is no reason she can't travel back just like she did a few days ago.

essies
12-01-2011, 06:59 PM
'Emergency' order issued to pick up McCready's son

Country singer does not have legal custody of child
(CNN) -
A Florida judge has signed an "emergency ... pick up order" authorizing law enforcement officers to get the 5-year-old son of country singer Mindy McCready, a court spokeswoman said Thursday.

The child was not brought in, prompting Judge James H. Seals to sign the emergency order around 4 p.m. Thursday , said Sheila Mann, a spokeswoman for Florida's 20th Judicial Circuit court.

"The child is now an official missing person," said Aimee McLaughlin, a spokeswoman for the Children's Network of Southwest Florida, the lead agency for child welfare services

With the emergency pick up order now official, local law enforcement will update the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the FBI's National Crime Information Center about the case, according to McLaughlin.

"Once the child is located, we will make plans to bring the child back to the home of his maternal grandmother, which is the legally approved place," she said.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/-Emergency-order-issued-to-pick-up-McCready-s-son/-/1719418/4858878/-/10bbr75z/-/index.html

Kimberlyd125
12-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Poor baby. How scary that's going to be for him.

I really wish she would have brought him back.

LolaMoon08
12-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Now Zander is officially a missing child. I hope he will be brought back without incident. No matter what is going on, Mindy went about this the wrong way. I cannot give her any kind of support based on her past and I do not believe Zander should be in her custody.

essies
12-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Mindy McCready’s ex Billy McKnight speaks out on singer taking couple’s son: ‘I don’t like what she’s done’

Ex says he relinquished some of his visitation days because the singer begged for extra time

The dad of Mindy McCready’s missing 5-year-old son claims the pregnant country singer pulled a switcheroo before fleeing Florida with their child – but he still doesn’t want to see her in jail.

Billy McKnight, the ex-boyfriend charged with her attempted murder after a 2005 assault, told the Daily News Thursday that he relinquished some of his Thanksgiving-week visitation days to McCready because she begged for extra time with the boy ahead of a long separation.

“She called me and said ‘Listen I’m going back to Nashville because I’m pregnant with these twins, and I won’t see (our son) Zander for a while, so can I please have another weekend?’” McKnight said in an exclusive interview with The News.

“I gave up my weekend to be cool, and it backfired on me,” he said.

He disputed McCready’s claim to the Associated Press that she believed a Florida judge was transferring Zander’s custody case to Tennessee and that it wouldn't be a problem if she brought him there.

McKnight, who now lives in Apollo, Fla., said the court allows him four unsupervised, overnight visits with Zander each week, and that he expects to regain his full custody rights in January.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/mindy-mccready-billy-mcknight-speaks-singer-couple-son-i-don-t-article-1.985537#ixzz1fKRWqip7

Well, this is going to be one confused, frightened little boy for no good reason!! This family is a mess-now the abusive ex and father of Zander (at least in the past) seems more level headed than Mindy and (according to him)will have his custody rights soon!! I wonder if that had something to do with Mindy's thoughts of running to Tenn.:banghead:

LolaMoon08
12-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Mindy McCready’s ex Billy McKnight speaks out on singer taking couple’s son: ‘I don’t like what she’s done’

Ex says he relinquished some of his visitation days because the singer begged for extra time

The dad of Mindy McCready’s missing 5-year-old son claims the pregnant country singer pulled a switcheroo before fleeing Florida with their child – but he still doesn’t want to see her in jail.

Billy McKnight, the ex-boyfriend charged with her attempted murder after a 2005 assault, told the Daily News Thursday that he relinquished some of his Thanksgiving-week visitation days to McCready because she begged for extra time with the boy ahead of a long separation.

“She called me and said ‘Listen I’m going back to Nashville because I’m pregnant with these twins, and I won’t see (our son) Zander for a while, so can I please have another weekend?’” McKnight said in an exclusive interview with The News.

“I gave up my weekend to be cool, and it backfired on me,” he said.

He disputed McCready’s claim to the Associated Press that she believed a Florida judge was transferring Zander’s custody case to Tennessee and that it wouldn't be a problem if she brought him there.

McKnight, who now lives in Apollo, Fla., said the court allows him four unsupervised, overnight visits with Zander each week, and that he expects to regain his full custody rights in January.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/mindy-mccready-billy-mcknight-speaks-singer-couple-son-i-don-t-article-1.985537#ixzz1fKRWqip7

Well, this is going to be one confused, frightened little boy for no good reason!! This family is a mess-now the abusive ex and father of Zander (at least in the past) seems more level headed than Mindy and (according to him)will have his custody rights soon!! I wonder if that had something to do with Mindy's thoughts of running to Tenn.:banghead:

Not only do you have Mindy taking off with Zander, but now to know that Zander's father outright defied a court order and allowed Zander to be with Mindy unsupervised? What is wrong with him? There is a reason why she is not allowed to be with Zander unsupervised. It's his fault just as much as it is hers. He will be lucky if he is able to continue having Zander overnight now. :banghead: Poor little guy!

wfgodot
12-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Not only do you have Mindy taking off with Zander, but now to know that Zander's father outright defied a court order and allowed Zander to be with Mindy unsupervised? What is wrong with him? There is a reason why she is not allowed to be with Zander unsupervised. It's his fault just as much as it is hers. He will be lucky if he is able to continue having Zander overnight now. :banghead: Poor little guy!
Respectfully disagreeing on the "just as much his fault as hers." Plenty to be disgusted with him over, no doubt, but Mindy McCready drove to Florida, took the child, drove back to Nashville, announced that she was pregnant and thus couldn't return the child, and is now in violation of the court's order and subject to arrest for, in effect, kidnapping the child. No good will left for her in my book - in effect taunting authorities with the "no, sorry, can't bring the child back, out of the question" interlude, plus displaying an addict's sense of blaming everyone else for her problems except herself. She's had multiple chances to clean up her act, and this is where it's led - to a game of keep-away involving a small child. Disgusting.

essies
12-01-2011, 08:16 PM

Good point!! I think father, mother and grandfather have all screwed themselves as far as custody and perhaps unsupervised visitation. I wonder how the grandmother who has custody feels about all this?:waitasec: I'm sure she trusted her ex-husband to comply with the court order regarding Mindy!
When was someone going to fess up Zander was gone? It was the school that alerted DCF!! Who can be trusted??:banghead:
The five-year-old was in the care of his grandfather when the country singer took him from his North Fort Myers home on November 22.

Tropic Isles Elementary School officials tipped off the Department of Children and Families after they became concerned Zander wasn't showing up for school.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45514882

essies
12-01-2011, 08:34 PM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1305056532001/
Megan Kelly and Mark Eiglarsh weigh in!!

believe09
12-01-2011, 08:56 PM
What a mess.

LolaMoon08
12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Respectfully disagreeing on the "just as much his fault as hers." Plenty to be disgusted with him over, no doubt, but Mindy McCready drove to Florida, took the child, drove back to Nashville, announced that she was pregnant and thus couldn't return the child, and is now in violation of the court's order and subject to arrest for, in effect, kidnapping the child. No good will left for her in my book - in effect taunting authorities with the "no, sorry, can't bring the child back, out of the question" interlude, plus displaying an addict's sense of blaming everyone else for her problems except herself. She's had multiple chances to clean up her act, and this is where it's led - to a game of keep-away involving a small child. Disgusting.

But if Zander's father and grandfather had not defied the court order, would Zander be missing right now? Would Mindy have had an opportunity to kidnap Zander without help from them? Had they respected the courts order that Mindy have no unsupervised contact with Zander, I do not think we would be here reading about this missing child. From Zander's fathers own words, he allowed Mindy to take him unsupervised. A direct violation of the courts order. Yes, he shares blame. There is/was a reason why she was not allowed to have unsupervised visits with him. She's obviously not stable and hasn't been for a very long time. Now she has taken this poor child across State lines and is hiding him. Keeping him out of school (another illegal act) and any kind of routine he has had.

Yes, Mindy is mostly to blame. Maybe saying he is just as much at fault wasn't the right choice of words, but Zander's father does share some of that blame. He has probably ruined any chance he had of getting his parental rights back by allowing Zander to be with Mindy unsupervised.

Kimberlyd125
12-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Maybe if he hadn't smashed her head against the wall and choked her til her eyes almost popped out of her head her brain would not be this damaged. I can't believe someone who tried to kill his child's mother gets to see his child AT ALL!

What she did is wrong, no doubt about it. But how he has the gall to speak to the media at all about what Mindy has done I'll never know.

I think EVERYBODY in this child's life needs to be evaluated.

JMO

belimom
12-02-2011, 12:12 AM
I had not seen this yet. Is it new info? 30 DAYS?

"The 5-year-old boy has been with his mother for more than 30 days; law enforcement officials spoke with the child and saw Zander via Skype yesterday."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/01/justice/mccready-child-custody/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

krimekat
12-02-2011, 12:16 AM
http://storage.people.com/people/archive/jpgs/20050606/20050606-750-92.jpg

from http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20147753,00.html

trying to find a picture of her after McKnight almost killed her in 2005

Krisy
12-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Maybe if he hadn't smashed her head against the wall and choked her til her eyes almost popped out of her head her brain would not be this damaged. I can't believe someone who tried to kill his child's mother gets to see his child AT ALL!

What she did is wrong, no doubt about it. But how he has the gall to speak to the media at all about what Mindy has done I'll never know.

I think EVERYBODY in this child's life needs to be evaluated.

JMO

:great::great::woohoo:

belimom
12-02-2011, 12:30 AM
What a mess.

Yes indeed. She got pregnant *after* he tried to kill her.

She's now pregnant with his child, has tried twice to commit suicide, was last on this program in May when she then talked about her boyfriend's attempted homicide charge and her own run-ins with the law.

First on the boyfriend, you're back with him or not? Where is -- what's the situation?

MINDY MCCREADY, TRIED SUICIDE TWICE: Well, we are still not allowed to see each other legally. Obviously, we have as I am pregnant, but we're not allowed.

KING: Because?

MCCREADY: Because there's a restraining order that was ordered by the State of Tennessee for him to stay away from me, so he's not allowed in Tennessee and I'm not actually allowed out of Tennessee right now.

KING: You can't -- couldn't you release the restraining order since you had it issued?

MCCREADY: I didn't have it issued, actually. The State of Tennessee did. So, I cannot have it -- I can't do anything about it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0511/11/lkl.01.html

krimekat
12-02-2011, 12:33 AM
I had not seen this yet. Is it new info? 30 DAYS?

Okay, I saw a couple things that struck me:

1) A caseworker reported no problems during a visit last week, but that was not the case Tuesday, McLaughlin said.

2) McCready's publicist issued a statement saying McCready "has not been charged with illegal wrongdoing . . . Ms. McCready's number one priority has always been, and continues to be, the safety of her son," publicist Kat Atwood said in the statement. "The 5-year-old boy has been with his mother for more than 30 days; law enforcement officials spoke with the child and saw Zander via Skype yesterday."

McCready has asked a court to have her son returned to her out of concern over his safety, Atwood said.

3) How whack-a-doo is FL Children & Family Services? We know that answer!!!

Wonder if she has cause . . . I understand she is breaking the law, but what if ?

MsFacetious
12-02-2011, 03:41 AM
His Dad was getting custody back in January apparently.
Would you want him to have custody of YOUR little boy?

Mindy has been very vocal and desperate about her concern over him getting this little boy.
Knowing that he is about to get custody of him, this makes even more sense to me now. :twocents:

Okay, I saw a couple things that struck me:

1) A caseworker reported no problems during a visit last week, but that was not the case Tuesday, McLaughlin said.

2) McCready's publicist issued a statement saying McCready "has not been charged with illegal wrongdoing . . . Ms. McCready's number one priority has always been, and continues to be, the safety of her son," publicist Kat Atwood said in the statement. "The 5-year-old boy has been with his mother for more than 30 days; law enforcement officials spoke with the child and saw Zander via Skype yesterday."

McCready has asked a court to have her son returned to her out of concern over his safety, Atwood said.

3) How whack-a-doo is FL Children & Family Services? We know that answer!!!

Wonder if she has cause . . . I understand she is breaking the law, but what if ?

MsFacetious
12-02-2011, 03:46 AM
"I'm doing all this to protect Zander, not stay out of trouble," McCready wrote in an email to The Associated Press on Thursday.

"I don't think I should be in trouble for protecting my son in the first place."

McCready provided a series of emails to the AP with Lee County Judge James Seals' ruling to return the boy and correspondence with her attorney.

Seals wrote to McCready's lawyer that once the boy is back in Florida "we'll pick up the pieces."

"Mom has violated the court's custody order and we are simply restoring the child back into our custody," the judge wrote.
"Nothing more. Nothing less. The court makes no judgment about whether Mom will or will not competently care for the child while in her custody.
It only wants the child back where the court placed him."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iw4ABCVW1dI9tW29VgbegAX0fnyQ?docId=052602947 e7a4271a9150e790eb2996a

youshouldveknown
12-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Well, right or wrong, I definitely sympathize with Mindy. If it were my baby, and I had reason to believe he was not being cared for properly (whether it be abuse, neglect or anything in between), AND the man that nearly killed me was about to get custody of my child, I'm pretty sure I'd be ready to do what she's done.

I think people are able to overcome their poor reputations, for the record. McKnight may be a great father, and have dealt with his demons to be able to provide a good life for his son. But people who have been convicted of violent crimes should be monitored with children. That's my opinion, at least.

LolaMoon08
12-02-2011, 04:37 PM
The latest on Zander and Mindy. LE do not know where they are. She may have taken him to Arkansas.

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2011-12-02/McCreadys-actions-considered-parental-abduction

krimekat
12-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Granted this is a puff piece but . . .

When people think celebrity justice/injustice you usually hear “Lindsay Lohan.” If you want to see a case of real celebrity injustice, I implore you to look at Mindy McCready’s case. Unlike Lindsay Lohan where the claim is that she had a little DUI with a little theft and lots of little violations, Mindy McCready’s case is literally a single DUI case that has cost her custody of her son Zander.

It should be noted that Ms. Inge’s own child –Mindy’s brother—was removed from Ms. Inge when he was a minor due to abuse

Ms Stancel is the maternal grandmother (yes, Ms. Inge’s own mother) verifying and corroborating the years of abuse that not only Mindy suffered but what Zander has suffered as well.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/celebrity-injustice-mindy-mccready-case-20111202

And I am trying to find something other than from WINK (since Mindy indicated that her mother talks with them) about what's up . . .

Kimberlyd125
12-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Dysfunction breeds dysfunction.

Such a sad case.

krimekat
12-02-2011, 05:09 PM
here another thing: there is little to no news coming out of Nashville (where I assume she lives or has connections)

Jaxson
12-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Yep that is just what I thought, an abusive mother and an enabling father produced a daughter with no self esteem who ended up using drugs and alcohol and in a abusive relationship that almost killed her. None of them should have that little boy. DCS has not done their job again. I hope that Zander is placed somewhere else until Mindy has her ducks in a row. With the volatile relationship she has with her mother he should never have been placed with her. Especially when Mindy's brother was taken from her. Billy McKnight is not the place to put him until he has shown that he is a changed man. Too dangerous and not in Zander's best interest. I certainly can see how that situation drove Mindy to do what she did, but she did it the wrong way. If she can stay clean she is probably the safest one for him to be with. I hope she didn't just kill her chances. I also wonder about the father of the upcoming twins. Did he think taking Zander was the way to go in this situation? what about her attorney's? What did they advise? What a mess is right I am afraid.

LolaMoon08
12-02-2011, 05:10 PM

When people think celebrity justice/injustice you usually hear “Lindsay Lohan.” If you want to see a case of real celebrity injustice, I implore you to look at Mindy McCready’s case. Unlike Lindsay Lohan where the claim is that she had a little DUI with a little theft and lots of little violations, Mindy McCready’s case is literally a single DUI case that has cost her custody of her son Zander.

It should be noted that Ms. Inge’s own child –Mindy’s brother—was removed from Ms. Inge when he was a minor due to abuse

Ms Stancel is the maternal grandmother (yes, Ms. Inge’s own mother) verifying and corroborating the years of abuse that not only Mindy suffered but what Zander has suffered as well.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/celebrity-injustice-mindy-mccready-case-20111202

And I am trying to find something other than from WINK (since Mindy indicated that her mother talks with them) about what's up . . .

If a minor child had already been removed from Mindy's mother's care then how in the world did she get custody of another minor child? I wonder if anything is on the Lee Clerk of Courts public record website? I'm going to go check it out.

essies
12-02-2011, 05:13 PM

O for the love of God!!! This is the most bizarre case (well, bizarre celebrity case) that I think I've heard of!! Now we have strange religion and demon spirits at the Custodial parents home?? This poor boy needs stability in his life and where the heck is he gonna find it??:banghead:
I'm having a hard time reading Mindy's aunt's letter-but this whole family and custody case needs to have ALL the evidence exposed in order for this child to have a chance!! In the mean time Mindy needs to get the best legal help she can find-cause hiding from the law isn't the answer either!
Wow-can it get any crazier? I bet it can!!!:waitasec:

krimekat
12-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Yep that is just what I thought, an abusive mother and an enabling father produced a daughter with no self esteem who ended up using drugs and alcohol and in a abusive relationship that almost killed her. None of them should have that little boy. DCS has not done their job again. I hope that Zander is placed somewhere else until Mindy has her ducks in a row. With the volatile relationship she has with her mother he should never have been placed with her. Especially when Mindy's brother was taken from her. Billy McKnight is not the place to put him until he has shown that he is a changed man. Too dangerous and not in Zander's best interest. I certainly can see how that situation drove Mindy to do what she did, but she did it the wrong way. If she can stay clean she is probably the safest one for him to be with. I hope she didn't just kill her chances. I also wonder about the father of the upcoming twins. Did he think taking Zander was the way to go in this situation? what about her attorney's? What did they advise? What a mess is right I am afraid.

I do hope she made some "right connections" & received sound advice as to what to do. Knowing that she's been "on the right track" for quite some time, maybe she has something in her back pocket . . .

LolaMoon08
12-02-2011, 05:17 PM
I don't even know what to believe anymore? As for Nashville... they have already went to her home in Nashville and they are nowhere to be found. They believe she may have taken him to Arkansas now?

essies
12-02-2011, 05:19 PM
I do hope she made some "right connections" & received sound advice as to what to do. Knowing that she's been "on the right track" for quite some time, maybe she has something in her back pocket . . .

Well, Mindy seems to have Robin Sax (who wrote the article) on her side - so I hope that will lead Mindy to the right legal connections needed ASAP!!!

krimekat
12-02-2011, 05:25 PM
If a minor child had already been removed from Mindy's mother's care then how in the world did she get custody of another minor child? I wonder if anything is on the Lee Clerk of Courts public record website? I'm going to go check it out.

According to Mindy's gma's affidavit Mindy's 2 younger brothers "ran away" to Nashville when Mindy lived there (moved at age 18) & then were reunited with their bio-dad (who she still has a relationship with; apparently, that is where she visits with Zander).

http://media2.myfoxla.com/photo/2011/12/02/affadavit-joan-stancel.pdf

Jaxson
12-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Maybe, just maybe, Mindy did this to garner attention to the case and bring about a change. If it is as she claims and she can prove that DCS was wrong to place Zander with the grandma and/or give custody back to Billy I could see this as a good thing and it the case may have needed an eye opener.

Problem is... I have trouble with the statement that she won't submit to drug testing.

I do believe the courts may sit up and take notice now.

Kimberlyd125
12-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Yeah, she needs to agree to the testing. And if she's not clean, she should get help for herself.
She has to be clean and sober to take care of her son and her twins that will be here soon.