PDA

View Full Version : ID ID - Amber Hoopes, 20, Idaho Falls, 14 Sept 2001

WasBlind
12-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Amber was abducted 3 days after WTC, her family got NO media attention, from my understanding. Please help them get the answers they so desperately seek, and God bless you!

http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/kidnap/hoopes.htm

http://www.rinokids.com/Adults/Hoopes/

http://www.co.bonneville.id.us/911/missmn.html

Special thanks to Carol.......ur in my prayers!
Blessings, Lanie

BirdieBoo
12-21-2003, 07:22 PM
BUMPing this thread...this happened in my hometown, very close to where my parents live.

MissMisty
12-21-2003, 07:35 PM
WTC?

MissMisty
12-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Sounds like she left the house willingly. Wow, 2 years later and nothing. Did she have a cumputer in her room?
Misty

BirdieBoo
12-21-2003, 07:46 PM
According to what I've heard about this, someone showed up at the house, which is not very close to any other houses, and she went outside to investigate. One likely suspect is a man who kidnapped another little girl on the same night Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped, but this girl got away and the perp killed himself when the police caught up with him. (I can't remember the perp's name tho)

WasBlind
12-22-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by MissMisty
WTC?

World Trade Center (attacks, September 11, 2001)

FlowerGirl
12-29-2003, 04:56 AM
Amber Hoopes was ready for bed. She left behind her wallet and paycheck and was gone without any personal effects. Her grandpa's new truck was taken as well, and abandoned with 60 extra miles on it. Amber had a good reputation and wasn't the kind of girl to run off or make her family worry. There was a computer in the home, if I remember right. Her Grandpa had also fired a farm worker shortly before night, also.

Please view Ambers photos... you may be the one who is able to bring her home.

My girls went to Church with Amber, years ago and our hearts go out to her and her family. Our country is filled with missing people... we all must do what ever we can, to bring them home and end the suffering of their families.
And don't forget that the power of prayer is real.

I advocate stronger laws for those who abduct children or adults. We must stop the evil that is infecting America.

Flower Girl

BirdieBoo
12-29-2003, 11:14 PM
Keth Glenn Hescok or Hesscock (not sure of spelling) He had mentioned to this amazing girl that escaped from him that he had got another girl before if I remember correctly. He kidnapped a teen that was sleeping outside on her trampoline the same night as the Elizabeth Smart abduction, but about 200 miles away.

WasBlind
01-02-2004, 04:52 AM
Thanks to FlowerGirl and BirdieBoo for your interest in Amber.

Blessed 2004 to you both, and continue to pray for answers.

Hugs, Lanie

WasBlind
01-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Bumping for Amber.

WasBlind
03-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Bumping for Amber.

With love and hope, Lanie
Help For The Missing

WasBlind
04-24-2004, 04:36 PM
For Amber.

With love and hope, Lanie
Help For The Missing

FlowerGirl
09-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Missing since 4 days after the horror of Sept. 11th. Amber had not been seen and none of her posessions were taken.
She was missing from her home.

A young girl told of being kidnapped and taken to a remote cabin where another girl was being held captive. She told of the girl telling her to escape and run get help. She managed to get out, but the other girl couldn't flee due to her restraints. Wandering the rugged mountains of Idaho, the girl eventually found help, but couldn't tell police where the cabin was. The girl was able to describe the man and as he was tracked into the canyon, and cornered by police...he committed suicide.

This summer a family returned to their mountain cabin, after a 4 year span of not going there. There they found the remains of Amber.

Amber died a hero as she saved the child, and I believe she is now in a better place. Her family now has the knowledge that she is with God and is at peace.

There can never be closure for anyone who looses a loved one to a violent crime! There is only knowledge...and hopefully some peace.

FlowerGirl

BirdieBoo
09-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Thank you FlowerGirl. I am so Glad Amber's family may have some peace now, but sorry it turned out this way, but I had a feeling things did not go well for Amber. Amber is from my hometown where this happened, my family knows some of her family members. Could you give me any more information, or a link to the story? Was the man who did this Keith Hesscock? TIA

BirdieBoo
09-08-2004, 10:44 PM
There is a thread in the "Located" Forum that Amber has been found dead. :(

WasBlind
09-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Hi FlowerGirl, you have e-mail from me.

I have done tons of searches and cannot find a link to confirm this story.

Can someone try and find it, please?
FlowerGirl, where did you see this, pls ma'am?

I cannot post anything till I have confirmation.
Thanks for any and all help, y'all.

Prayers for all missing, and justice for those harmed.
With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

yahoo matches
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22Amber+Hoopes%22&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-web-t&cop=mss&tab=

BirdieBoo
09-08-2004, 11:17 PM
Me too. I can't find confirmation, nor on any of the local news station sites.

Brains & NoBull
09-09-2004, 06:57 PM
This article contains the story of Amber's disappearace and mentions Keith Glenn Hescock. It does not include anything about her being found though.

http://www.rinokids.com/Adults/Hoopes/

Lady Sleuth
09-09-2004, 09:13 PM
I have searched extensively and I cannot find any reference to Amber Hoopes body being found either.

Lanie, have you been able to confirm if this is true?

Lady Sleuth

Ghostwheel
09-10-2004, 12:47 AM
I found this , which says she is still missing.
http://www.kpvi.com/index.cfm?page=nbcheadlines.cfm&ID=14958

This is from today, after this summer. :confused:

BirdieBoo
09-10-2004, 01:50 AM
Thank You Ghostwheel That's 1 year old but still more than I could find. I've been trying to get a hold of my sister, she knew Amber a little bit from school so I'm sure she'd know...but she's really busy with her kiddos, so she hasn't called me back yet. I didn't leave a message of what I was calling about, because I don't want to upset her needlessly if it isn't true.

Dark Knight
09-10-2004, 04:16 AM
I have also researched it and found nothing. When I searched the original stories about the 14 year old, it made no mention of Amber, it only said the girl could tell police where the man who kidnapped her's cabin was, which they found and waited for him to return, and when he did he fled again on a high speed chase, got corned in a dead end, and shot a policeman and his dog before killing himself. But no mentions of Amber then or now.

WasBlind
09-10-2004, 05:49 AM
Amber Hoopes was ready for bed. She left behind her wallet and paycheck and was gone without any personal effects. Her grandpa's new truck was taken as well, and abandoned with 60 extra miles on it. Amber had a good reputation and wasn't the kind of girl to run off or make her family worry. There was a computer in the home, if I remember right. Her Grandpa had also fired a farm worker shortly before night, also.

Please view Ambers photos... you may be the one who is able to bring her home.

My girls went to Church with Amber, years ago and our hearts go out to her and her family. Our country is filled with missing people... we all must do what ever we can, to bring them home and end the suffering of their families.
And don't forget that the power of prayer is real.

I advocate stronger laws for those who abduct children or adults. We must stop the evil that is infecting America.

Flower Girl

Perhaps, knowing the family, FlowerGirl has some inside information that has not been released to the press yet.

I know this poster on-line, and she is a nice lady. She sponsored the Laci Tribute Tree in Modesto for the Rocha family, and to honor Laci and her son, Conner. She has done quite a bit to aide the families of the missing, lost and abducted, and I feel certain I or someone will hear from her soon.

Prayers for Amber's family, and all who love and miss her so much.

With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing

emma l
09-10-2004, 09:34 AM
I also searched. Amber is no longer listed on the National Missing Childrens site as missing.

I went to the site- http://www.missingkids.com and just searched for all missing children under Amber- to account for spelling and she wasn't there.

And as this is the official site I guess shes been found. I couldn't find any articles confiming it though.

Its pretty weird......................

WasBlind
09-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Pls read this thread, as well.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3062

With HOPE, Lanie

WasBlind
09-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Amber is still listed on the National Center for Missing Adults.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200301200W

Thank you, emma!

Blessings, Lanie

FlowerGirl
09-10-2004, 01:03 PM
OKay...sorry for the confusion. My daughter's mother-in-law, Karen Ramey lives in Idaho Falls and is good friends with Amber's Grandparents. (They go to chruch together, also.) Karen was here for my daughters baby shower this month and related the news about Amber.

I guess I should have called the IF Police or something before I wrote the info. But since they speak to the grandparents weekly, I didn't think there was any mistake. Still don't.

But until this is confirmed completely...please disreguard my post until I can have it removed. Thank you.

Flower Girl

WasBlind
09-10-2004, 01:55 PM
I have just spoken to the Detective handling Amber's case, and she has NOT been found.

With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing

Dark Knight
09-10-2004, 01:59 PM
I have just spoken to the Detective handling Amber's case, and she has NOT been found.

With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing
Thanks for research, WasBlind!

WasBlind
09-10-2004, 02:02 PM

With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing

Can someone pls merge these threads?
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12439

MistyGirl
09-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Thank you for the update. What a very starnge post then that she was found.

WasBlind
09-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Welcome to WS, MistyGirl, and I pray you will join us here in the missing forums. You never know, you might recognize one and can reunite a family.

I think the post was fairly normal, and serves as a good example why we cannot work with anything but facts.

Reminds me of a childhood game, I think it is called postman...

Anyway, one is told a story and is to repeat it to the child next to them. By the time it is finally spoken from the last child, it is a VERY different story.

That's why I called the Detective to confirm it.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Lady Sleuth
09-10-2004, 03:13 PM
OKay...sorry for the confusion. My daughter's mother-in-law, Karen Ramey lives in Idaho Falls and is good friends with Amber's Grandparents. (They go to chruch together, also.) Karen was here for my daughters baby shower this month and related the news about Amber.

I guess I should have called the IF Police or something before I wrote the info. But since they speak to the grandparents weekly, I didn't think there was any mistake. Still don't.

But until this is confirmed completely...please disreguard my post until I can have it removed. Thank you.

Flower Girl

Flower Girl,
After reading your post and how you came by your information, I can see how you would have believed this to be reliable. I think I would have also.

Lady Sleuth
JMHO

WasBlind
09-10-2004, 03:28 PM
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3062

Please read post # 14

Thanks for coming in FlowerGirl. Thought you had fallen off the earth.
Praying for you, and your new little bundle coming soon.......YEY

Blessings to all, Lanie

MistyGirl
09-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Just a little back ground on me I have been lurking here on this forum for almost 2 years and my lurking started a few years before that on another form where I then end up here. I like to read the discussions and follow along in case I might have something to offer. I am a single mother of 12 year old girl and I always always keep my eyes open for things, you jsut never know what you might see or that can help someone one find a loved on.

My heart goes out to each and every family that has had to go through this experience. Thank you for the kind welcome to this site!

WasBlind
10-10-2004, 03:55 AM
For Amber

With prayers of HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing

BirdieBoo
10-10-2004, 04:20 AM
I asked my Mom about Amber the other day, she knows the Hoopes family, and as far as my Mom Knows. Amber has NOT been found, although the cabin scenario as posted before has been discussed as a possibility. Praying for Amber. May she come home safe and sound.....

WasBlind
10-10-2004, 04:31 AM
See post # 30, Birdie.
I spoke to the detective handling Amber's case.
He verified she has NOT been found.

Thanks for your continued interest in Amber.
Bless you, Birdie!

With HOPE, Lanie

ManzanaresA
11-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Amber is my half sister and I can confirm that she has not been found. Thank you for your prayers and support.

jodierenee
11-01-2005, 02:17 PM
http://www.kpvi.com/index.cfm?page=nbcstories.cfm&ID=2506Four years ago was the last time anyone saw Amber Hoopes alive.

She was abducted from her home in the early morning hours of September 15th.

Although her parents believe she was murdered and her body buried in the Heise area, there are still many unanswered questions.

Suzanne Hobbs talks with the family and investigators.

The day seems like a normal day at work at Classic Truck and Auto Body east of Idaho Falls. But the reminders of Amber Hoopes' 2001 abduction are everywhere. This was the last place she was seen by her parents before she disappeared.

Hevenlee Hoopes, Amber's mother: "Seems like forever that I've been able to talk with her, but time seems like it has passed really fast."

Brent and Hevenlee Hoopes are busy at work, but can't forget the fact that Amber will never walk through this door again.

She was living at her grandparents home, next to the family business when she was abducted. Hevenlee showed me her room is about the same as it was four years ago. Some of Ambers favorite possessions are left untouched.

Although Amber's body has not been found, the family created a monument at the nearby cemetery as a special place to pray and think about Amber. It's a place those who love and miss Amber visit often.

The Bonneville County Sheriff's office hasn't forgotten this case, it's considered active, and tips come in on a regular basis, most recently from California and Kansas. Those leads were ruled out. Sgt. Doug Metcalf her abduction is currently featured in a multi-state law enforcement magazine.

The Hoopes family is in constant contact with investigators trying to solve this case. Meanwhile, they're quite sure they know what happened.

Hevenlee Hoopes: "I think she came out to shut the computer off, and she ran into Mark out here, and then I think it just escalated from there. He just took her, and I think he took her up to Heise and killed her."

Mark Keith Hescock is the prime suspect, a former employee of Classic Truck and Auto Body. He died in a shootout with police after he abducted a 14 year old girl in June 2002.

Sgt. Doug Metcalf, Bonneville County Sheriff's office: "Where mark isn't here to interview or that, we can't rule him out as being a suspect or rule him as being the only suspect, so every lead that we get we're gonna continue to investigate until we do get a closure or resolution in this case."

The Hoopes family would like to have her body found, to give closure.

Brent Hoopes, still has questions: "Because we know nothing there may be, ya know, if we found her body, bring it home that might help answer some questions."

Amber may be gone, but not forgotten.

Hevenlee Hoopes: "She just was really special to us, and ya know i just don't want anybody to forget and we'll never forget. Of course, we have our memories and we'll take that with us. No one can take that away."

Brent and Hevenlee say the first two years after Amber's abduction were the most difficult, but the last two years they've found peace knowing Amber wants them to be happy and not mourn her death.

Amber would have turned 24 years old this December.

BirdieBoo
12-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Bumping for Amber

Rle7
07-18-2007, 04:13 PM
A psychic's tip has led authorities in eastern Idaho to search a now defunct sugar factory for the body of a woman missing since 2001.

The Bonneville County Sheriff's Office yesterday didn't find any evidence of Amber Hoopes at the sugar factory.

Hoopes was 20 when she was last seen at her grandparents' house, just down the road from the former sugar factory.

http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=6807734

Rle7
09-16-2007, 12:42 PM
264 people are missing in Idaho and three of them are missing in Idaho Falls.

September 14 was the Sixth anniversary for the disappearance of Amber Hoopes.

In remembrance of that, Idaho Falls Mayor Jared Fuhriman signed a declaration calling September 14 as Idaho Missing Person's Day.

http://www.localnews8.com/global/story.asp?s=7078150

MaryLiz
09-23-2008, 05:45 PM
National Missing Persons Day Hits Home with Local Family

Sunday marked seven years since Amber Hoopes went missing from her grandfather's home in Ammon. On the anniversary of her disappearance, family members honored her memory as part of Missing Persons Day in the state of Idaho.

More at link.

http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=9007434&nav=menu554_11_6_3

imamaze
02-02-2009, 08:06 PM
The Charley Project
Amber Shawnell Hoopes
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hoopes_amber.html
Missing since: Sept. 14,2001 from Idaho Falls, Idaho
Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: Dec. 27,1980
Height and Weight: 5'5, 140 pounds
Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Hoopes wears diamond stud earrings in her upper left ear.
Clothing/Jewlry Description: A white t-shirt, gray and white boxer shorts and a short gray robe.
Medical Conditions: Hoopes has been diagnosed with vitaligo, a skin condition that causes white-colored spots to extend from her left thigh to her ankle.

National center for missing adults
If you believe you have any information regarding this case that will be helpful in this investigation please contact:
Bonneville County Sheriff's Office at (208) 529-1350
Amber was last known to be reading in her bedroom at approximately 10:30pm in the vicinity of the 2700 block of E. Lincoln Rd. in Idaho Falls, ID. At approximately 1:00am, a family member woke up and found the TV and light on, but she was no longer in her room. Her personal belongings, including a paycheck were still inside.
Investigative Case #: 2001-240248

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
05-30-2009, 05:46 PM
This is an older article but I didn't see it here...

Key Suspect in Hoopes Case is Dead

Keith Hescock has always been the main suspect police believe could have kidnapped Amber Hoopes.

It was June of 2002 when he kidnapped another teenager...14 year old Megan Kerr. He chained her to a bed and assaulted her. Then, when he went to work, Megan escaped by grabbing a fire extinguisher and smashing the chain around her waist.

Byron Stommel, Bonneville Co. Sheriff: "It had to have taken hours for her to beat on this chain until it broke and when you look at the bottom of the fire extinguisher you'd be amazed."

Newswatch 3 was on the scene when Megan called home telling her parents she was alive.

During this time, Hescock was at work. He returned home, saw officers in his driveway, then led police on a chase that ended with him shooting and killing himself in Heise.

More: http://www.kidk.com/news/8575387.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Amber's family will be part of a candlelight vigil tomorrow (Thursday, 8/20/09) in Idaho Falls. The vigil will be for both Amber Hoopes and Stephanie Eldridge. It is at 6:00 pm at the river in Idaho Falls.

DaisyBill
08-29-2009, 03:27 PM
I have been reading this forum for awhile and when I saw this post I decided to register to try and clear up a bit of confusion in regards to this post. Thus my first post:

The 14 year girl kidnapped in June 2002 by Hescock is a member of my husband's family. She's the one who got away. When she talks of the other girl being there she is not speaking of it in the physical sense she is referring to it in the spiritual sense. She said that Amber was there in spirit helping her to get free. Hescock told her he was going to kill her and that he had killed before. Also, after getting free she able to find the address of the cabin (from mail) of where she was.

There is so much more to this story that hasn't been told. Thanks for letting me clear up this little bit.

Missing since 4 days after the horror of Sept. 11th. Amber had not been seen and none of her posessions were taken.

A young girl told of being kidnapped and taken to a remote cabin where another girl was being held captive. She told of the girl telling her to escape and run get help. She managed to get out, but the other girl couldn't flee due to her restraints. Wandering the rugged mountains of Idaho, the girl eventually found help, but couldn't tell police where the cabin was. The girl was able to describe the man and as he was tracked into the canyon, and cornered by police...he committed suicide.

This summer a family returned to their mountain cabin, after a 4 year span of not going there. There they found the remains of Amber.

Amber died a hero as she saved the child, and I believe she is now in a better place. Her family now has the knowledge that she is with God and is at peace.

There can never be closure for anyone who looses a loved one to a violent crime! There is only knowledge...and hopefully some peace.

FlowerGirl

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Welcome to WS, DaisyBill! And thanks for posting!

I'm very glad that the girl was able to escape. I hope she is doing okay today. It sounds like the original story changed as it travelled down the "grapevine". Thanks for clearing up what you can.

DaisyBill
08-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, the stories the media give out can be so not accurate. Or the rumor mill, friend of a friend sort of deal. The articles I have read online about the case don't jive too much with what I know. And yes, she is doing ok. She has married, and has started to speak out in public to tell her story. I will be seeing her grandmother shortly for a family reunion. We are meeting in CO for a birthday bash!

RubyRed
04-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Skeletal remains found in Bonneville county

http://kpvi.images.worldnow.com/images/12368629_BG1.jpghttp://kpvi.images.worldnow.com/images/12368629_BG2.jpg

Idaho Falls police say the body may be related to several missing persons cases, including Stephanie Eldridge, Darwin Vest, and Amber Hoopes.

http://www.kidk.com/news/local/92009554.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Amber's family is in my thoughts right now. I had the opportunity to meet some of them this past summer at a vigil for Amber and Stephanie. Great people. Hoping for a possible resolution to one of these cases.

Dr.Fessel
04-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Amber's family is in my thoughts right now. I had the opportunity to meet some of them this past summer at a vigil for Amber and Stephanie. Great people. Hoping for a possible resolution to one of these cases.

I moved away from Idaho falls about 11 years ago. I had done some drywall work years ago for Ambers parents. Very nice people.

I seem to remember reading the main suspect in her case died in a shootout with police.

RubyRed
04-25-2010, 02:08 PM
http://www.theyaremissed.org/gallery/photos/A200301200W_285.jpg

Skeletal remains found above the City of Ammon yesterday had detectives from two agencies working together with the hope of shedding light on who they found.

Found by a man working on the nearby wind turbines who as chance would have it, was stuck in his vehicle nearby.

SGT. Phil Grimes/IFPD: "When he was stuck - he was trying to get some cell phone reception and walked up a hill. As he was walking back down the hill to his vehicle he came across skeletal remains."

http://www.kpvi.com/Global/story.asp?S=12368629

RubyRed
04-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Grimes said enough “suspicious” evidence had been located at the scene to initiate an investigation into the possibility of foul play. He said the remains were in plain view when discovered Friday, but had no comment when asked whether or not they had ever been buried.
Amber Hoopes, age 20 when last seen, has been missing since September 2001.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/news/local/article_08df7096-503a-11df-a626-001cc4c03286.html

Noexcuse
04-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Praying for closure for one of the families.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Eldridge and Hoopes Family Speak About Body Found in Ammon

[snip]

Amber Hoopes has been missing for more than 8 years and Stephanie Eldridge has been missing since 2007. In both cases, hope has not been given up.

"You know it's tough," said Deb Rowbury, Stephanie Eldridge's aunt. "It's like opening an old wound. But it's also helping because somebody out there, if not Stephanie, it might be Amber Hoopes or somebody else that's missing."

Family members of Stephanie Eldridge say the past few days have been rough.

Investigators are saying it is a good possibility the body found might be Stephanie or Amber. An autopsy of the body is currently in progress at the state lab in Boise.

Family members of Amber Hoopes say they expect to hear what the DNA results will be within a matter of days. But regardless of the results, Amber's family knows she is safe.

"We've come to grips with it," said Noris Burgener, Amber Hoopes' grandfather. "We have for 8 1/2 years. And so, we're okay with it. We know where she's at. We know she's with our Heavenly Father."

More: http://www.kpvi.com/Global/story.asp?S=12379838 (http://www.kpvi.com/Global/story.asp?S=12379838)

tfrohning
04-27-2010, 10:37 AM

FlowerGirl

Okay I am now totaly confused.

Was Amber found or was this a mistake? if so who was found in the cabin?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Okay I am now totaly confused.

Was Amber found or was this a mistake? if so who was found in the cabin?

No. Amber has not been found. Unless the latest remains are hers. That story was made up. I'm not sure if it was made up by the poster, or if she found it somewhere else online, or just got information confused. But Amber is still missing.

ETA: Another girl was kidnapped in the area, believed to be by the same guy that may have taken Amber. She was found. But no remains were found in a cabin that I know of.

RubyRed
04-27-2010, 10:08 PM
NG covering the finding of the remains.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-13-2010, 06:14 PM
The remains were those of Stephanie Eldridge. Amber is still missing.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-19-2011, 03:27 PM
More people than you may think vanish every year in and around Idaho

[snip]

Some families never get their loved one back.

Amber Hoopes’ family hasn’t seen the 20-year-old since she disappeared from her grandparents’ Idaho Falls home one night in 2001.

The primary suspect in Hoopes’ disappearance committed suicide in 2002 after kidnapping a 14-year-old girl and exchanging gunfire with police.

He had once worked at the Hoopes family’s automotive detailing shop.

Hoopes’ family held a memorial service in 2002 and pushed for the creation of Missing Persons Day in Idaho (observed on Sept. 14, the day Hoopes went missing).

Read more: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/04/19/1615217/still-missing.html#storylink=fb#ixzz1JzzjCYzo

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-14-2011, 12:30 AM
*bumping* for Amber.

She has been missing for 10 years tomorrow (Wednesday).

May she be found soon.

LMax
09-14-2011, 07:04 AM
I have been reading this forum for awhile and when I saw this post I decided to register to try and clear up a bit of confusion in regards to this post. Thus my first post:

The 14 year girl kidnapped in June 2002 by Hescock is a member of my husband's family. She's the one who got away. When she talks of the other girl being there she is not speaking of it in the physical sense she is referring to it in the spiritual sense. She said that Amber was there in spirit helping her to get free. Hescock told her he was going to kill her and that he had killed before. Also, after getting free she able to find the address of the cabin (from mail) of where she was.

There is so much more to this story that hasn't been told. Thanks for letting me clear up this little bit.

bumping this post

summer_breeze
09-15-2011, 06:50 PM
http://www.kpvi.com/content/news/local/story/Police-continue-search-for-Amber-Hoopes/v4f2NKK0g0qCCVvHWiJF2Q.cspx

Reported by: Phil Campbell Email:
pcampbell@kpvi.com
Published: 9/14 6:05 pm
Updated: 9/14 10:22 pm

While September 11th changed American history, a day just three days later changed the lives for one local family forever.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Idaho Missing Person's Day Recognized in Idaho Falls

It has been six years since the Idaho legislature passed the Idaho Missing Person’s Day. This is an event that’s very close to many people throughout the state, but in particular to the woman who worked hard to establish this day, she’s from Idaho Falls.

[snip]

11 years ago today, Amber Hoopes is still missing, but hope isn’t.

More: http://www.kpvi.com/content/news/local/story/Idaho-Missing-Persons-Day-Recognized-in-Idaho/SDj3KDlw7USnVJdYoP2KCA.cspx

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-07-2013, 02:50 AM
NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/94/0/

MagnoliaMountain
06-10-2013, 12:59 PM
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hoopes_amber.html

Where's Amber?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Bumping for Amber. Missing 12 years today.

STANDREID
11-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Keith Hescock has always been the main suspect police believe could have kidnapped Amber Hoopes.

Hescock does look like a very good suspect but I read somewhere that he had an alibi for the time of Amber's disappearance which satisfied police enough that they discounted him as a POI. Does anyone know what that alibi was? If his mother or girlfriend gave it then it wouldn't be worth much but if he was in Chicago or at work then that really would pretty much eliminate him.