PDA

View Full Version : heard something I had never heard before on this case today...

amazing-sea-monkey
11-21-2005, 12:00 AM
I was watching a very old episode of Unsolved Mysteries today and they did a story on Darlie. I was shocked when the program stated that an intruder had been in the area and had raped several women in Darlie's surrounding neighborhoods while using a tube sock to cover their mouths. Darin said that he believed Darlie's mouth had been covered with the sock found outside and that she had passed out, and when she came to is when she said "I woke up..." I have always believed her guilty but this is the first I have heard of this. Does anyone know more about this? Darin stated that the intruder may have killed the boys because they had witnessed the rape, but again, why leave an adult woman alive and kill two children. Doesn't add up. Again, I have ALWAYS believed her to be guilty, but the show also stated and interviewed a juror that now believes her to be innocent. He said he would not have convicted had he seen the photos of the brusing. I am more intrigued about the rapist using tube socks... anyone hear that also?

armywife210
11-21-2005, 12:28 AM
I was watching a very old episode of Unsolved Mysteries today and they did a story on Darlie. I was shocked when the program stated that an intruder had been in the area and had raped several women in Darlie's surrounding neighborhoods while using a tube sock to cover their mouths. Darin said that he believed Darlie's mouth had been covered with the sock found outside and that she had passed out, and when she came to is when she said "I woke up..." I have always believed her guilty but this is the first I have heard of this. Does anyone know more about this? Darin stated that the intruder may have killed the boys because they had witnessed the rape, but again, why leave an adult woman alive and kill two children. Doesn't add up. Again, I have ALWAYS believed her to be guilty, but the show also stated and interviewed a juror that now believes her to be innocent. He said he would not have convicted had he seen the photos of the brusing. I am more intrigued about the rapist using tube socks... anyone hear that also?
Yep, I saw it, and as a believer in the distinct probability of innocence, I say BINGO

Dani_T
11-21-2005, 03:48 AM

From memory reports of a serial rapist using a tube sock in the area were either exagerrated or not quite right. I can't remember but know that someone else (Goody, DP, Mary?) will be able to clear it up.

SnootyVixen
11-21-2005, 09:34 AM
From memory reports of a serial rapist using a tube sock in the area were either exagerrated or not quite right. I can't remember but know that someone else (Goody, DP, Mary?) will be able to clear it up.

This was true. Much was talk about this on a prior board which I guess is gone now. Many years ago. He was working in the area of Dallas area where Darlie live during the time and before and after. He was caught and was in jail at time of Darlie trial. He enter home and use something from house as his weapoon. knife, even fork, sometimes scissors. Whatever he find. But he not kill. He just rape. But two times he grab the little child of the woman and say he will kill them if she don let him. I remember that on half of the times he left no trace. he use the sock on his hands like the glove and he use the condom. and he not leave any hair or things. But sometimes he not use the condom and that how they catch him. I am not sure about this part because of memory but ther was a pregnant woman near the end that he try to kill I think and maybe he stab her in the area of the womb? Do any one know if this is true or not? He try to kill her but she don die.

Jeana (DP)
11-21-2005, 10:01 AM
I lived five minutes from the murder house. Never heard of any rapist in the area.

Desilu
11-21-2005, 11:29 AM
From the Writ of Habeus Corpus:

Alan Brantley gave the jury the misimpression that he had investigated whether there had been similar crimes in the area. See C.R.R. Vol. 40, pp. 53:24-54:5. In fact, a spree of crimes that started in December 1995 and ended around the time of the attack at the Routiers’ residence was not disclosed to the jury. The assailant’s modus operandi included using implements from the homes of his victim as weapons and using tube socks – like the one found three houses down from the Routier’s home (C.R.R. Vol. 32, p. 71:3-6) – to gag his victims. Brantley misleadingly suggested that criminal offenders never use objects found in victims’ homes as weapons. See C.R.R. Vol. 40, p. 84:5-9.

At the time that Brantley was testifying, however, police had records of other crimes that resembled the Routier murders. On December 8, 1995, an intruder entered a nearby residence, obtained a small kitchen knife, and held that knife against the throat of a victim in preparation for a sexual assault. Exh. B. On March 28, 1996, an unknown assailant threatened a child with a kitchen fork. Exh. A. In a series of other crimes, an unknown assailant used a single tube sock – similar to the sock found in the alley behind the Routier residence – to gag his victims and to conceal fingerprints. Exh. B (using a sock from the victims drawer as a gag) (December 8, 1995); Exh. C (same) (February 1, 1996); Exh. D (assailant used a tube sock to cover his hands) (April 7, 1996); Exh. E (using a sock from the victims drawer as a gag) (May 7, 1996). Had defense counsel been given this information, they would have been able to impeach Brantley with evidence that his investigation into similar crimes was inadequate, and that his conclusions were not based on inaccurate assumptions.

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/writ.php

Jeana (DP)
11-21-2005, 11:43 AM
When they say "area," I'd like to know if they're talking about the City of Rowlett or Dallas. I don't think anything like that happened in Rowlett.

Desilu
11-21-2005, 11:50 AM
If the suspect was indeed in jail during Darlie's trail, I was hoping someone would supply a name that could be researched a bit.

Jeana (DP)
11-21-2005, 11:52 AM
If the suspect was indeed in jail during Darlie's trail, I was hoping someone would supply a name that could be researched a bit.

I know Tommy Sells was talked about. He had a similar M.O.

CyberLaw
11-21-2005, 11:55 AM
The fact being, that there was no evidence of a second person ever at the crime scene. I find no relevance if another man was breaking into homes and harming women in or around this time. Because in Darlie's case, two boys were brutually murdered and their mother was not. if there was relevance to this "story", then the assiliant would use the boys as leverage as in a previous attack.

The only thing that does not lie is the evidence, and that is what convicted Darlie.

jubie
11-21-2005, 11:57 AM
BUT! Darlie was not sexually asaulted! The boys were not threatened, they were murdered!

SnootyVixen
11-21-2005, 05:14 PM
I know Tommy Sells was talked about. He had a similar M.O.

No not him. I can sort of remember but not name. But it was in the newspaper and people put those articles up on the forum. Where he did his rapes was in the little suburbs in part of Dallas where Rowlett is. Not just Rowlett. All around. Did many. Maybe some search can be done but I don know how.

Desilu
11-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Where he did his rapes was in the little suburbs in part of Dallas where Rowlett is. Not just Rowlett. All around. Did many.
Therein lies the problem. Darlie wasn't raped, and children weren't slaughtered in these prior incidents.

Jeana (DP)
11-21-2005, 05:46 PM
No not him. I can sort of remember but not name. But it was in the newspaper and people put those articles up on the forum. Where he did his rapes was in the little suburbs in part of Dallas where Rowlett is. Not just Rowlett. All around. Did many. Maybe some search can be done but I don know how.

Well there are break ins all over the place. The defense, and rightly so, is trying to come up with anything they can in order to shift focus. Didn't work during the trial and won't now. There was NO evidence of an intruder in the Routier house. That pretty much makes the issue moot.

Goody
11-23-2005, 10:53 PM
When they say "area," I'd like to know if they're talking about the City of Rowlett or Dallas. I don't think anything like that happened in Rowlett.
Unsolved Mysteries specifically stated that it was in the Dallas area which covers a whole lot of territory as you know. I think the house in Rowlett was an isolated incident. At least, it was not proven to be part of a serial rapist's crimes. In fact, I have never been able to even find any news coverage on it at all. Apparently there are court or police records though, contained in the Exhibits mentioned that we don't have access to.

Anyone who wants to see the Unsolved Mysteries show can see it at justicefordarlie.com.

Goody
11-23-2005, 10:58 PM
Therein lies the problem. Darlie wasn't raped, and children weren't slaughtered in these prior incidents.
Darlie's rapist just had wet dreams once he saw those melons on her chest! :boohoo: All he could do was drool and stab. It is amazing HIS DNA wasn't found on the knife. You know, maybe it was.....LE just didn't test enough to find it. :banghead:

accordn2me
12-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Darlie's rapist just had wet dreams once he saw those melons on her chest! :boohoo: All he could do was drool and stab. It is amazing HIS DNA wasn't found on the knife. You know, maybe it was.....LE just didn't test enough to find it. :banghead:
LE couldn't even find DEVON'S DNA on the knife, Goody. :doh:

Goody
12-20-2005, 12:09 AM
LE couldn't even find DEVON'S DNA on the knife, Goody. :doh:
Well, if it was rinsed thoroughly, maybe there was no DNA to be found. Of course, under the knife handle might prove differently if it were tested, which it wasn't. If there is no new trial, it probably won't be.

claudicici
04-26-2009, 10:59 AM
i know it's been years but i've never heard about this.....does anyone have any info on this....so the other woman were raped but the children were left alive,darlie was not and her sons were murdered...

mrshuie
04-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Darlie was and still is lying about being raped!! She is a baby killer and has been lying and boo hooing since she did it. The wounds were self inflicted, I am pretty sure that was proven (i could be wrong about that tho) and unless it has changed castoff blood was found on the back of her nightshirt, it couldnt have gotten there any other way but by stabbing. She also partied at the boys grave site. She was living a lifestyle she couldnt afford and didnt want to loose she was given the death penatly but has yet to die....because too many people are buying into her sad lying sob stories. She is a con plain and simple. I have said it many times and will again, I would pay to see her get the needle in her arm. I wish I could petition texas to do it and get it over with. Oh one more point, she tried to claim it was a robbery, but her purse, money and credit cards were left.

Mary456
04-26-2009, 08:35 PM
i know it's been years but i've never heard about this.....does anyone have any info on this....so the other woman were raped but the children were left alive,darlie was not and her sons were murdered...

Nope, never happened.

It was a rumor started by Darlie's supporters many years after she was convicted. No rapist in Rowlett.

SoSueMe
04-28-2009, 07:04 AM
The man convicted of the 5 Dallas rapes is Sammie Luckas Cook, Jr. (public record). If you will read the Court's Findings of Facts and Conclusions of Law in response to Darlie's First Application for Post-Conviction Write of Habeas Corpus they address the rapes in the Dallas area. Begin at #652.

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/tran...ncis-final.php

Basically, the mo was all wrong. This guy raped at apartments or apartment complexes. The Routier's home was some 12 miles from the closest sexual assault. Mr. Cook was black (Darlie maintained that the man she saw was white until the trial, then she couldn't be sure). Cook always robbed his victims; sexually assaulted the women with no additional bodily injury; did not harm the one child that was present during one of his rapes. Cook was also very threatening and vocal toward the women he raped.

This document also addresses the tube sock. I can't find it at the moment, but basically it said the tube sock was found in an area that would be opposite to someone fleeing the scene.

SoSueMe
04-28-2009, 07:17 AM
If you will go to #691 in this document it will outline the reasons why the court does not believe that Cook committed the murders at the Routier home. This includes the tube sock point I couldn't find in the above post.

Mary456
04-28-2009, 05:17 PM
This document also addresses the tube sock. I can't find it at the moment, but basically it said the tube sock was found in an area that would be opposite to someone fleeing the scene.

Yes, an intruder would actually be going deeper into the neighborhood, where he'd be trapped, rather than out of the neighborhood.

mrshuie
04-28-2009, 08:54 PM
It is interesting that they have a "justice for darlie" site but there isnt one for justice for devon and damon. Maybe it is because the family knows deep down that she did it and the only real justice for the boys would for her to actually admit it, stop this scam, and have her sentence carried out.

whitywendy
04-29-2009, 04:06 PM

I remember reading about this. I searched records after records trying to clarify it because this was at a time I was still on the fence.

However, the crimes that was mentioned was happening on the other side of Dallas (VERY BIG CITY) and was happening in Apartment buildings off the freeway. It was proven later that these incidents were NOT CONNECTED TO DARLIE WHAT SO EVER. Just like the black car. Everyone was pulled out of the car, searched , id'd and let go because they had nothing to connect them to scene of the crime and this was not hours after the crime, this was shortly after 911 was called and the PO arrived. The transcripts in regards to the DNA, the Shirt, the breakdown of Darlie on the stand because she found out the jail was reading her letters stating that she knew EXACTLY who killed her boys and attacked her. They called her out on it and she cried like a baby.

It is hard to believe that a mother could kill their children but it seems to happen almost at least once a month lately. We just have to understand that their brains or hearts don't operate the way ours do. Look at Casey Anthony. I am sure it is hard for some to believe she killed her precious baby but obviously she did..of course imo

whitywendy
04-29-2009, 04:07 PM
The man convicted of the 5 Dallas rapes is Sammie Luckas Cook, Jr. (public record). If you will read the Court's Findings of Facts and Conclusions of Law in response to Darlie's First Application for Post-Conviction Write of Habeas Corpus they address the rapes in the Dallas area. Begin at #652.

Basically, the mo was all wrong. This guy raped at apartments or apartment complexes. The Routier's home was some 12 miles from the closest sexual assault. Mr. Cook was black (Darlie maintained that the man she saw was white until the trial, then she couldn't be sure). Cook always robbed his victims; sexually assaulted the women with no additional bodily injury; did not harm the one child that was present during one of his rapes. Cook was also very threatening and vocal toward the women he raped.

sorry Sue I didn't read your post before I posted mine..

whitywendy
04-29-2009, 04:10 PM
It is interesting that they have a "justice for darlie" site but there isnt one for justice for devon and damon. Maybe it is because the family knows deep down that she did it and the only real justice for the boys would for her to actually admit it, stop this scam, and have her sentence carried out.

Someone at one time tried to start a justice for Devon and Damon site a couple of years ago. She was attacked by some pretty ugly Darlie supporters. So my question is, if you support Darlie, then why don't you support her sons. Anyhow, she took her down because of the rude posts directed at something nice she was trying to do.

febedallas
02-05-2010, 12:22 AM

I live there, too. She lived on my street and then she moved to the neighborhood of my family. We have all been here since 1992 and I can honestly say that I never once heard a story about a rapist. As obsessed as I am with bad guys, I would remember that, even all those years ago.

Was there any question that she had been raped that night? I have never heard that there was even an attempt to rape her.

cami
02-10-2010, 01:00 AM
I live there, too. She lived on my street and then she moved to the neighborhood of my family. We have all been here since 1992 and I can honestly say that I never once heard a story about a rapist. As obsessed as I am with bad guys, I would remember that, even all those years ago.

Was there any question that she had been raped that night? I have never heard that there was even an attempt to rape her.

No absolutely not, she was not raped and no attempt was made to rape her. Just a scam by her and Darin.

ssiegmund
02-19-2010, 03:18 PM
You know, this was actually the second time Darlie had used the "someone tried to rape me" story. She used that story to get a boyfriend to feel sorry for her earlier in her life, after they had had a disagreement of some kind, left the house and came back saying someone tried to rape her. That, and the fact that she kept changing her story (the kids were sleeping, no wait, her son was at her bedside trying to wake her) were all I needed.