PDA

View Full Version : Toby Shook

Jeana (DP)
12-30-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure how many of you are registered voters in Dallas County, but Toby is going to be running as a republican for the office of Dallas County District Attorney. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Mountaineer
12-30-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm in Denton County - but I'd vote for him! :clap:

JimPence
12-30-2005, 11:04 PM
I live in Hunt County, but he'd get my vote, too. Can you talk him into running for Atty. General????

Jim

Jeana (DP)
12-31-2005, 12:40 PM
I live in Hunt County, but he'd get my vote, too. Can you talk him into running for Atty. General????

Jim

Wouldn't that be great??? Maybe one day. He's still young. He's got plenty of time. :cool:

Goody
01-01-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure how many of you are registered voters in Dallas County, but Toby is going to be running as a republican for the office of Dallas County District Attorney. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
That ought to make Darlie's day.

cami
01-02-2006, 10:42 AM
That ought to make Darlie's day.

LOL, hysterical. I'll vote for him...., LOL.

Goody
01-02-2006, 12:48 PM
LOL, hysterical. I'll vote for him...., LOL.
O, me, too. Why not? It is not like our votes will do him much good though. LOL!

cami
01-03-2006, 11:45 AM
O, me, too. Why not? It is not like our votes will do him much good though. LOL!

Nope, no good at all.

Jeana (DP)
01-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Bump!

Goody
01-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Bump!
Toby Shook prosecuted that other Rowlett murder case where the lawyer's husband was convicted of killing in a home invasion type killing his wife's business partner's husband and injuring the business partner. It was all very shady and laced with corruption as I recall. I think it is the case supporters like to use to show that home invasions really do happen in Rowlett, but, of course, this case had nothing to do with a stranger breakin like they like to promote.

Jeana (DP)
01-31-2006, 08:57 AM
Toby Shook prosecuted that other Rowlett murder case where the lawyer's husband was convicted of killing in a home invasion type killing his wife's business partner's husband and injuring the business partner. It was all very shady and laced with corruption as I recall. I think it is the case supporters like to use to show that home invasions really do happen in Rowlett, but, of course, this case had nothing to do with a stranger breakin like they like to promote.

You're talking about Catherine Shelton's husband, Clint. Yup, Toby put the dude away alright. And, of course, supporters did try to get on the band wagon, but all it did was prove that most murder victims know their killers.

Goody
02-01-2006, 07:27 PM
You're talking about Catherine Shelton's husband, Clint. Yup, Toby put the dude away alright. And, of course, supporters did try to get on the band wagon, but all it did was prove that most murder victims know their killers.
Exactly. And it really ticks off a newbie to the case when they do stuff like that. It makes you feel like they are trying to dupe you. :furious:

SnootyVixen
02-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Jeana,
When is this election? And how much damage would it do to his campaign if the Routier conviction is overturned?

Jeana (DP)
02-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Jeana,
When is this election? And how much damage would it do to his campaign if the Routier conviction is overturned?

Primary election is March 7; Early voting begins Feb. 21

Even if the impossible happened and her conviction was overturned, it sure ain't gonna happen before the election. :) He has little to fear - EVER - from the Routier case. :) :) :) :) :)

Goody
02-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Jeana,
Not enough to cause him to lose. Esp if it is overturned on a technicality he could not control.

Jeana (DP)
02-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Exactly. And it really ticks off a newbie to the case when they do stuff like that. It makes you feel like they are trying to dupe you. :furious:

We've heard story after story from posters who've either changed sides completely or fell off the fence on the "guilty" side once they've learned just how many times and how many "stories" they've been "duped" about. Like the Routiers' lies on the witness stand, bad choices one after the other since the conviction.

Goody
02-07-2006, 05:11 PM
We've heard story after story from posters who've either changed sides completely or fell off the fence on the "guilty" side once they've learned just how many times and how many "stories" they've been "duped" about. Like the Routiers' lies on the witness stand, bad choices one after the other since the conviction.
It is a common mistake for defendants to try to fix their story by trying to make it match the evidence as they learn what the cops have. Just like in the old Columbo shows, step by step they show their guilt. They might fool some of us in the beginning but eventually the evidence starts shining thru.

Jeana (DP)
02-20-2006, 04:34 PM
BUMPING UP. Primaries are tomorrow. Ya'll in Dallas County, get out there and vote for Toby.

JimPence
02-22-2006, 09:24 PM
BUMPING UP. Primaries are tomorrow. Ya'll in Dallas County, get out there and vote for Toby.
Go Toby! Wish I could "migrate" to Dallas Co. long enough to vote for him.

Jim

Jeana (DP)
02-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Go Toby! Wish I could "migrate" to Dallas Co. long enough to vote for him.

Jim

Me too!!! I love hearing all the radio spots for him though!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Goody
02-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Me too!!! I love hearing all the radio spots for him though!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
So...are the primaries over yet? Did he win?

Jeana (DP)
03-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Congratulations to Toby! He won the Republican nomination and will be the party's candidate in November!!! From what I hear, he's favored to win.

Jeana (DP)
03-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Oh, by the way, this is the description of the democrat running against Toby:

In achieving his Tuesday victory, Mr. Watkins, a Dallas defense lawyer with no experience as a felony prosecutor, overcame disclosures that he has a history of failing to pay income taxes.

The government placed liens on his home in December and January. He has also been sued for failure to pay other debts. Mr. Watkins has said that he paid the liens and that his financial matters are not relevant to his campaign.

He has also acknowledged that his campaign literature inaccurately stated that he worked as a prosecutor in Tarrant County when he was more correctly a "prosecutor intern."
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Goody
03-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Oh, by the way, this is the description of the democrat running against Toby:

In achieving his Tuesday victory, Mr. Watkins, a Dallas defense lawyer with no experience as a felony prosecutor, overcame disclosures that he has a history of failing to pay income taxes.

The government placed liens on his home in December and January. He has also been sued for failure to pay other debts. Mr. Watkins has said that he paid the liens and that his financial matters are not relevant to his campaign.

He has also acknowledged that his campaign literature inaccurately stated that he worked as a prosecutor in Tarrant County when he was more correctly a "prosecutor intern."
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Looks like Toby has a win coming. hahahahahha!

Jeana (DP)
03-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Looks like Toby has a win coming. hahahahahha!

Its almost not fair, is it? :D I wonder if Darlie will send him a congratulations note. :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

Goody
03-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Its almost not fair, is it? :D I wonder if Darlie will send him a congratulations note. :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:
O, yeah, she wants to see him across the courtroom at her new trial! hahahahahah! It must be her worst nightmare. Maybe she will send him a congrats if he loses.

Jeana (DP)
03-09-2006, 09:08 AM
O, yeah, she wants to see him across the courtroom at her new trial! hahahahahah! It must be her worst nightmare. Maybe she will send him a congrats if he loses.

Well she'll have to settle for watching him in the news since she isn't getting a new trial. ;)

Goody
03-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Well she'll have to settle for watching him in the news since she isn't getting a new trial. ;)
hahahahahahahah! Maybe. I still hope she does so more evidence will come out, but I realize the odds are slim to none. Can't wait to read the state's answer to her appeal. If they don't post it, will you get a copy and share it with us????

Jeana (DP)
03-15-2006, 09:37 AM
ONLY NINE YEARS FROM CONVICTION TO EXECUTION! Texas is doing something right and we have Toby Shook to thank once again!!!!

Execution Wednesday for theater killer

Nearly nine years have passed since 25-year-old Foluke G. Erinkitola and her friend Roxanne Andrea Mendoza, 29, were robbed and killed in the parking lot of the AMC Grand theater at Interstate 35E and Northwest Highway.

The murders took place Aug. 13, 1997. The robbers fled in a car that undercover officers happened to see speeding away from the theater's parking lot before they knew about the shooting.

Patrol officers were soon able to stop the car. Inside, they found three people, Ms. Erinkitola's billfold, Ms. Mendoza's purse and two .38-caliber handguns.

It took a jury only 70 minutes to find Mr. Hughes guilty of capital murder in Ms. Erinkitola's death.

But during Mr. Hughes' trial, his cousin Hernando Palmer testified that he had asked Mr. Hughes why he thought the two women had to die.

"He said that the [expletive] could identify them," Mr. Palmer testified in 1998.

The lead prosecutor in Mr. Hughes' capital murder trial, Toby Shook, said he has been waiting for tonight's execution.
"I'm glad the day is finally here," said Mr. Shook, now chief of the felony trial division of the district attorney's office and the Republican candidate for district attorney.

"He deserves the punishment. It still makes me angry [to think of] the potential the two victims had," he said.

Mr. Erinkitola said that he had forgotten Mr. Hughes was scheduled to be executed tonight and that he's torn over the death penalty. He said the answers to two questions would determine whether justice was served:

"Does he now realize that killing someone is wrong? Does he really understand his crime? That's what I want to know."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/031506dnmetexecution.1225b0b7.html

PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS TO THE FAMILIES OF THE VICTIMS:

Foluke G. Erinkitola (25 years old)
and
Roxanne Andrea Mendoza (29 years old)

deanws
03-15-2006, 01:33 PM
ONLY NINE YEARS FROM CONVICTION TO EXECUTION! Texas is doing something right and we have Toby Shook to thank once again!!!!

Execution Wednesday for theater killer

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Jeana (DP)
06-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Bump :)