PDA

View Full Version : The Goody Challenge

Goody
01-01-2006, 11:48 PM
I have been watching several of these psychic detective shows and it got me to thinking. Surely there must be a reputable psychic in the Dallas area who has worked successfully with police there. If so, maybe one of our locals could find out how much someone like that would charge to go out the house on Eagle Drive, assuming it could be cleared with the current owner, to see what the psychic might see or feel. Some of them have pretty clear visions about things like that. Maybe they could tell us exactly what went down between Darin and Darlie and the kids that night. I would be willing to chip in on a project like that and I am sure there are others here who might also. Maybe Jeana could lead the project for us. I think it would be really interesting to see how many questions could be answered about things like what initiated the attacks on the kids? Was it methodical or angry and dramatic? Was Damon killed at the same time? Where was Darin when it happened?

What do you all think? Sound interesting?

j2mirish
01-02-2006, 12:28 AM
I have been watching several of these psychic detective shows and it got me to thinking. Surely there must be a reputable psychic in the Dallas area who has worked successfully with police there. If so, maybe one of our locals could find out how much someone like that would charge to go out the house on Eagle Drive, assuming it could be cleared with the current owner, to see what the psychic might see or feel. Some of them have pretty clear visions about things like that. Maybe they could tell us exactly what went down between Darin and Darlie and the kids that night. I would be willing to chip in on a project like that and I am sure there are others here who might also. Maybe Jeana could lead the project for us. I think it would be really interesting to see how many questions could be answered about things like what initiated the attacks on the kids? Was it methodical or angry and dramatic? Was Damon killed at the same time? Where was Darin when it happened?

What do you all think? Sound interesting? not this many years later.........

beesy
01-02-2006, 12:47 AM
not this many years later......... Oh, I think a house holds it's memories.

j2mirish
01-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Oh, I think a house holds it's memories.
could be-- I guess I wasnt thinking of the house holding onto what happened that much, as I was to the "stuff" that happened IN the house- if that makes sense

Goody
01-02-2006, 09:16 AM
could be-- I guess I wasnt thinking of the house holding onto what happened that much, as I was to the "stuff" that happened IN the house- if that makes sense
Well, we don't have any of Darlie's personal things. Even a picture doesn't work if it is computer image or something too far removed from the original print. So the only thing left is the house itself that we might have access to. The evidence would be gone, of course, but a psychic can go to a crime scene many years later and still pick up images of what happened.

cami
01-02-2006, 11:30 AM

What do you all think? Sound interesting?

Yes, it does sound interesting. I'm in if you ever get it set up. I think that a psychic could still pick up something from the house.

On our MacDonald forum, there's been posters who have visited the house, stood outside it. Some of them have said they can almost feel the pain and the sadness of what happened in that house that night.

j2mirish
01-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Well, we don't have any of Darlie's personal things. Even a picture doesn't work if it is computer image or something too far removed from the original print. So the only thing left is the house itself that we might have access to. The evidence would be gone, of course, but a psychic can go to a crime scene many years later and still pick up images of what happened.
I didnt mean to sound like I didnt believe in these folks, I was just thinking of the time that has passed, and differnet people having lived in the house since the murder occurred.- and like you are saying- none of the personal items, furniture, wine rack, etc still in the home--

Goody
01-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Yes, it does sound interesting. I'm in if you ever get it set up. I think that a psychic could still pick up something from the house.

On our MacDonald forum, there's been posters who have visited the house, stood outside it. Some of them have said they can almost feel the pain and the sadness of what happened in that house that night.
I once took a man to see a house and while there he got very upset, saying the house gave off bad vibes. He wanted to know if anyone had ever died there. I was sure no one had because it was a new house and only the builder had lived there. In fact, it was not totally completed when it was foreclosed on. Later I learned that the owner/builder had been so distrought over financial problems that he had hung himself in the unfinished room. My buyer was right on target with his ESP or whatever you want to call it. He said he had always been able to sense things like that.

I am thinking that a good psychic might be able to tell us what no one else can or will, what the physical evidence can't tell us. I sure would like to find out.

Goody
01-02-2006, 01:42 PM
I didnt mean to sound like I didnt believe in these folks, I was just thinking of the time that has passed, and differnet people having lived in the house since the murder occurred.- and like you are saying- none of the personal items, furniture, wine rack, etc still in the home--
Obviously it would be better if all those personal items were there, but if a psychic can pick up images of one's life by just feeling a photo, you would think being in the murder house even with new carpet, paint, and the current owners "vibes" present that they could pick up something interesting. It would be super if they could see the argument that night and pick up on the high points of how it escalated and what happened when. That period that Darlie can't remember.

Wonder when Jeana is gonna check in. I don't think she believes in psychics but she wouldn't have to to be in charge of the project. We need someone in the Dallas area that we can trust, preferrably someone who believes she is guilty so our psychic doesn't get sent on a wild goose chase after information to exonerate. That would definitely deter from the exercise. I would like to see them focus only on what happened between say 5:00 pm to 3:00 am.

beesy
01-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Obviously it would be better if all those personal items were there, but if a psychic can pick up images of one's life by just feeling a photo, you would think being in the murder house even with new carpet, paint, and the current owners "vibes" present that they could pick up something interesting. It would be super if they could see the argument that night and pick up on the high points of how it escalated and what happened when. That period that Darlie can't remember.

Wonder when Jeana is gonna check in. I don't think she believes in psychics but she wouldn't have to to be in charge of the project. We need someone in the Dallas area that we can trust, preferrably someone who believes she is guilty so our psychic doesn't get sent on a wild goose chase after information to exonerate. That would definitely deter from the exercise. I would like to see them focus only on what happened between say 5:00 pm to 3:00 am. We'd have to take up a pool, wouldn't we? There's that saying "if these wall could talk". Our house feels warm and cozy, it was built in the '20's, people were happy here. Psychics usually need personal items if they can't or before they go to the crime scene. If we put her right there in the room, she'd be able to feel it. I don't think she'd tell us what Darlie can't remember, but things she CAN, but won't confess to.

j2mirish
01-02-2006, 04:17 PM
We'd have to take up a pool, wouldn't we? There's that saying "if these wall could talk". Our house feels warm and cozy, it was built in the '20's, people were happy here. Psychics usually need personal items if they can't or before they go to the crime scene. If we put her right there in the room, she'd be able to feel it. I don't think she'd tell us what Darlie can't remember, but things she CAN, but won't confess to.
again- I agree houses can talk------there are alot of houses I feel sorry for, and if anyone remembers...quite awhile ago- I made the comment that I felt sorry for this house......I think it might have been in a discussion about the house being for sale again

deanws
01-02-2006, 10:43 PM
The first thing we have to do guys is find out if the new owners would allow it.

Goody
01-03-2006, 12:47 AM
We'd have to take up a pool, wouldn't we?

Eventually, but first I think we would have to find a reputable psychic and get an estimate on the cost. Once we know the cost, we can start collecting and someone can contact the owners to see if they would be in agreement. The most important part of this is that we get a REPUTABLE psychic who won't rip us off and who will impress the owners so they know we aren't a bunch of crazies trying to exploit their house or the crime that occurred in it.

There's that saying "if these wall could talk". Our house feels warm and cozy, it was built in the '20's, people were happy here. Psychics usually need personal items if they can't or before they go to the crime scene. If we put her right there in the room, she'd be able to feel it. I don't think she'd tell us what Darlie can't remember, but things she CAN, but won't confess to.
I think you misunderstood me. Darlie says she can't remember what happened during the murders. I am saying that maybe a psychic can tell us what happened in the family room during that period and hopefully what led up to it.

Goody
01-03-2006, 12:48 AM
again- I agree houses can talk------there are alot of houses I feel sorry for, and if anyone remembers...quite awhile ago- I made the comment that I felt sorry for this house......I think it might have been in a discussion about the house being for sale again
I remember your comment. So I can vouch for you.

Goody
01-03-2006, 12:52 AM
The first thing we have to do guys is find out if the new owners would allow it.
They might say no if they think this is just a parlor trick. I think it is best to get our ducks in a row first so we can show them our intentions are good and that we want to proceed with a reputable psychic who can serve some useful purpose to the case as a whole. I can't imagine them saying yes until we know who we want to bring into their house and exactly what we hope to gain.

deanws
01-03-2006, 12:55 AM
They might say no if they think this is just a parlor trick. I think it is best to get our ducks in a row first so we can show them our intentions are good and that we want to proceed with a reputable psychic who can serve some useful purpose to the case as a whole. I can't imagine them saying yes until we know who we want to bring into their house and exactly what we hope to gain. I agree. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_11_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS)

deanws
01-03-2006, 12:58 AM
We'd have to take up a pool, wouldn't we? There's that saying "if these wall could talk". Our house feels warm and cozy, it was built in the '20's, people were happy here. Psychics usually need personal items if they can't or before they go to the crime scene. If we put her right there in the room, she'd be able to feel it. I don't think she'd tell us what Darlie can't remember, but things she CAN, but won't confess to. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_5_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS)

cami
01-03-2006, 12:41 PM

Wonder when Jeana is gonna check in. I don't think she believes in psychics but she wouldn't have to to be in charge of the project. We need someone in the Dallas area that we can trust, preferrably someone who believes she is guilty so our psychic doesn't get sent on a wild goose chase after information to exonerate. That would definitely deter from the exercise. I would like to see them focus only on what happened between say 5:00 pm to 3:00 am.

they could use the CS photos to pick up things. I know they are grissly but they could probably pick up something from Devon and Damon.

Jeana (DP)
01-03-2006, 12:57 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
[color=darkolivegreen][b]I have been watching several of these psychic detective shows and it got me to thinking. Surely there must be a reputable psychic in the Dallas area who has worked successfully with police there.

"Reputable psychic"????? :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Goody, want me to look for a "ghost buster" too? :D :D :D :D :D

Goody
01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
they could use the CS photos to pick up things. I know they are grissly but they could probably pick up something from Devon and Damon.
Only if you have actual prints from the negatives. At least that is the way I understand it. I don't think they can use CWB's book or computer photos or xerox photos.

Goody
01-03-2006, 10:24 PM

Goody, want me to look for a "ghost buster" too? :D :D :D :D :D
Jeana, I know you are skeptical but police departments are starting to use psychics as an investigative tool. They don't solve cases but they can help turn a detective to the right path. The cops still have to do the legwork though. They have been successful in many cases across the country. Don't you watch psychic detectives?

Here is what I am thinking. These psychics often tell police what the victim felt at the time of death, if the killer was someone known to the victim, any distinguishing marks on the killer, etc. If they can do that, why couldn't one tell us what these two little boys saw just before death, who killed them, and how it all came about?

I figure if we can get a Dallas psychic, it would cut down on the cost, but we need a psychic who has a history of working with police, not just any psychic. And, yes, there are reputable psychics.

Of course, if we find out they can work with crime scene photos from CWB's book or off the computer, we can get one anywhere in the country. I just thought that surely there is a good psychic in Dallas who works with police who might help us out. So what do you say, kiddo? What have we got to loose? A few bucks? A little time? It is worth a try, isn't it?

You know DA's in the area and probably some detectives too. Might they recommend someone?

feenix
01-04-2006, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=Goody]I have been watching several of these psychic detective shows and it got me to thinking. Surely there must be a reputable psychic in the Dallas area who has worked successfully with police there. If so, maybe one of our locals could find out how much someone like that would charge to go out the house on Eagle Drive, assuming it could be cleared with the current owner, to see what the psychic might see or feel. Some of them have pretty clear visions about things like that. Maybe they could tell us exactly what went down between Darin and Darlie and the kids that night. Looks like someone else had the same idea as you Goody, they even wrote and asked Darlie herself what she thought of the idea!!
http://mommeez.homestead.com/darlie.html (http://mommeez.homestead.com/darlie.html)
You need to look at Thursday, 5/26/05 @ 1.12PM

beesy
01-04-2006, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE]Looks like someone else had the same idea as you Goody, they even wrote and asked Darlie herself what she thought of the idea!!
http://mommeez.homestead.com/darlie.html (http://mommeez.homestead.com/darlie.html)
You need to look at Thursday, 5/26/05 @ 1.12PM Great website. How can those people ignore all of the blood evidence? The stuff they don't like, they just ignore. psst...is that enough(hee)

feenix
01-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Great website. How can those people ignore all of the blood evidence? The stuff they don't like, they just ignore. psst...is that enough(hee)Looks like she has quite a few friends/supporters on there doesn't it, irrespective of any evidence?
Oh beesy, yall have a nice day now (did I say it right - he he he)!!!

Jeana (DP)
01-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Jeana, I know you are skeptical but police departments are starting to use psychics as an investigative tool. They don't solve cases but they can help turn a detective to the right path. The cops still have to do the legwork though. They have been successful in many cases across the country. Don't you watch psychic detectives?

No, I don't watch psychic detectives Goody. The show did contact me about my sister's case though.

beesy
01-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Looks like she has quite a few friends/supporters on there doesn't it, irrespective of any evidence?
Oh beesy, yall have a nice day now (did I say it right - he he he)!!!Thanks for finding that site. I'll have to read more of it when I have time. I just skimmed it, but sounds like the same old brainwashing to mehttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/43.gif
Oh yeah, the Darlie supporters, or the Darlies as I refer to the them, are like people possessed They hate being called Darlies so of course I do it! Heh..
Ya'll is always plural so if you were saying it to all of us, then you're right. If it was just to me, sorry love, no cigar.
"I'm feeling rather knackered because I stayed up too late. I was chatting with my Oz friend whom I hadn't heard from in a yonk." Is that right? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_144_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZZ)

beesy
01-04-2006, 10:24 AM
I remember your comment. So I can vouch for you. Yeah, I remember it too. I feel sorry for it as well. It's now like a house built on old Indian graveyard, to use a cliche. It's scarred

beesy
01-04-2006, 10:28 AM
I think you misunderstood me. Darlie says she can't remember what happened during the murders. I am saying that maybe a psychic can tell us what happened in the family room during that period and hopefully what led up to it.
I don't think there's anything from that night Darlie doesn't remember, before, during or after. Of course after all this time, some of it could be a blur(like her attacker), but she remembers.

beesy
01-04-2006, 10:31 AM

Goody, want me to look for a "ghost buster" too? :D :D :D :D :D They went out http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_1v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZZ)of business years ago...hee

feenix
01-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks for finding that site. I'll have to read more of it when I have time. I just skimmed it, but sounds like the same old brainwashing to mehttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/43.gif
Oh yeah, the Darlie supporters, or the Darlies as I refer to the them, are like people possessed They hate being called Darlies so of course I do it! Heh..

Ya'll is always plural so if you were saying it to all of us, then you're right. If it was just to me, sorry love, no cigar.
"I'm feeling rather knackered because I stayed up too late. I was chatting with my Oz friend whom I hadn't heard from in a yonk." Is that right? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_144_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZZ)
beesy................ you are so funny!!!! Actually, it was a message for ya'll to have a nice day, and was for everyone and anyone who was reading it! I'm afraid I don't smoke cigars!
Sorry to hear you are 'feeling rather knackered', I assume you hadn't heard from your friend in 'yonks' - (British Slang, Measurement of Time).
:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

beesy
01-04-2006, 10:37 AM
beesy................ you are so funny!!!! Actually, it was a message for ya'll to have a nice day, and was for everyone and anyone who was reading it! I'm afraid I don't smoke cigars!
Sorry to hear you are 'feeling rather knackered', I assume you hadn't heard from your friend in 'yonks' - (British Slang, Measurement of Time).
:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

[/b][/color] Kimmie says it too, but dang if I get it wrong every time! It's in yonks not in a yonk! I'll have to write it down :blowkiss: At least I used "knackered" right.

j2mirish
01-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Thanks for finding that site. I'll have to read more of it when I have time. I just skimmed it, but sounds like the same old brainwashing to mehttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/43.gif
oh my god---- that "brainwashed" smiley is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cami
01-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Only if you have actual prints from the negatives. At least that is the way I understand it. I don't think they can use CWB's book or computer photos or xerox photos.

Yeah sorry that's what I meant, only the actual photos.

cami
01-04-2006, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE]Looks like someone else had the same idea as you Goody, they even wrote and asked Darlie herself what she thought of the idea!!

I think that is Jo Maxey's site. One of the Campfire girls.

cami
01-04-2006, 12:49 PM

OMG, 6/06/05 almost has me crying.

Jeana (DP)
01-04-2006, 12:49 PM
I think that is Jo Maxey's site. One of the Campfire girls.

http://bestsmileys.com/camping/1.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/halloween3/2.gif

j2mirish
01-04-2006, 01:13 PM
wHERE ARE THESE DATES EVERYONE IS PULLING UP? ALL i GET IS THE SHE'S INNOCENT COMMENTARY-- NO OTHER "LINKS" ON THE PAGE?

j2mirish
01-04-2006, 01:16 PM
wHERE ARE THESE DATES EVERYONE IS PULLING UP? ALL i GET IS THE SHE'S INNOCENT COMMENTARY-- NO OTHER "LINKS" ON THE PAGE?nevermind :blushing:

Goody
01-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the tip, feenix. So Darlie isn't interested in detective psychics? Hhahahahaha. Why is that not a surprise? Makes the project even more tempting.

Goody
01-04-2006, 02:08 PM
No, I don't watch psychic detectives Goody. The show did contact me about my sister's case though.
Don't tell me you turned them down? Please say it isn't so!!!!!!

Goody
01-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I remember it too. I feel sorry for it as well. It's now like a house built on old Indian graveyard, to use a cliche. It's scarred
You lost me. What or who is "it?"

christine2448
01-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the tip, feenix. So Darlie isn't interested in detective psychics? Hhahahahaha. Why is that not a surprise? Makes the project even more tempting. I agree...I'm in.....PM me when you get the psychic and cost, etc...I'll pitch for this :)

I don't have a clue how to find a psychic ect or I'd offer to help, but I'll through in some $$$ to see what the results they can come up with. How 'bout a famous one? Are there any in that area?

Jeana (DP)
01-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Don't tell me you turned them down? Please say it isn't so!!!!!!

Well, I did speak with them, but they only profile cases that are solved, so that was one thing against us. They just contacted me saying that the psychic that contacted police (who didn't find her by the way) died in September, so that doesn't help either. The lady who contacted me was nice enough, but the truth is that its "entertainment." They don't really care about the families.

christine2448
01-04-2006, 02:15 PM
You lost me. What or who is "it?"I think beesy is referring to the house as it.

Goody
01-04-2006, 02:16 PM
[/color]
I don't think there's anything from that night Darlie doesn't remember, before, during or after. Of course after all this time, some of it could be a blur(like her attacker), but she remembers.
Well, of course, she does, but she says she doesn't. I want to know what happened in that time period that she says she doesn't remember. You know, Darlie believes in psychics. They had one brought to the house in the first two weeks, I think it was. But I did not get the impression that one was very good. Darlie not wanting to bring in a psychic with a track record for working with police is a bit telling too. If she truly didn't remember what happened and truly wanted to know what happened, esp since knowing should exonerate her if she is innocent, you'd think she would jump at the chance to have a really good psychic on the case, esp since she believes in their powers to begin with.

Goody
01-04-2006, 02:19 PM
I agree...I'm in.....PM me when you get the psychic and cost, etc...I'll pitch for this :)

I don't have a clue how to find a psychic ect or I'd offer to help, but I'll through in some $$$ to see what the results they can come up with. How 'bout a famous one? Are there any in that area?
I would like to get one who has a successful track record of working with police on other cases. I think someone experienced would be better able to control their focus, etc.

Thanks for the offer to help out financially. That is great. I think this could be a fun project if we can just get one of our Texas regs like Jeana to help out on it.

Jeana (DP)
01-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I would like to get one who has a successful track record of working with police on other cases. I think someone experienced would be better able to control their focus, etc.

Thanks for the offer to help out financially. That is great. I think this could be a fun project if we can just get one of our Texas regs like Jeana to help out on it.

I'm not sure what I can do to help???? :confused: :confused:

Goody
01-04-2006, 02:40 PM
That is sad.

Goody
01-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Well, I did speak with them, but they only profile cases that are solved, so that was one thing against us. They just contacted me saying that the psychic that contacted police (who didn't find her by the way) died in September, so that doesn't help either. The lady who contacted me was nice enough, but the truth is that its "entertainment." They don't really care about the families.
I am sure that is true. That is why I wouldn't just want to take one they have profiled without knowing more about the successful cases they have worked on in the past. TV can slant things a bit when they want to. It would be great if a police detective who has had good results with one in the past could recommend someone. We'd have some idea of what we were getting then.

Many TV shows won't work with cases that are not solved. Ann Rule won't write about cases that aren't solved and with a conviction. She says for legal reasons.

Goody
01-04-2006, 02:46 PM
I think beesy is referring to the house as it.
Oh! Duh! LOL! Guess I am a little slow this morning. Sorrym bees.

Goody
01-04-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure what I can do to help???? :confused: :confused:
The first thing you could do is talk to Toby or one his detectives or a police detective friend of yours and find out who has worked with psychic detectives in the past, if they've had good results or at least satisfactory results. Then you could ask them if who they would recommend for our little project. I think that would be the best place to start. Don't you?

Jeana (DP)
01-04-2006, 02:54 PM
The first thing you could do is talk to Toby or one his detectives or a police detective friend of yours and find out who has worked with psychic detectives in the past, if they've had good results or at least satisfactory results. Then you could ask them if who they would recommend for our little project. I think that would be the best place to start. Don't you?

You MUST be joking. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

deanws
01-04-2006, 02:54 PM
They went out http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_1v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZZ)of business years ago...hee LOL...I can still remember my two year old saying goooah bubsterrrr!!!!!! as he was holding up his little plastic men. Oh my yes!!! We had the car...all the little characters and TONS of horrid ghost creatures. One year he even got some green gooo and a life size back pack sort of thing they wore on their backs to kill ghosts from his gramdmother! He was absolutely precious. He turned 21 in December. :o It made me tear up remembering how cute he was. Thanks for the memory JDP. I hadn't thought about a ghost buster in a long time. Ghost Busters are cool! Just ask my son. LOL!:D

j2mirish
01-04-2006, 03:29 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif ( JEANA ON THE GROUND)

beesy
01-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Oh! Duh! LOL! Guess I am a little slow this morning. Sorrym bees. Glad you got a little help there, grandma

Goody
01-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Well, I have already managed to get a lead on a Texas psychic who appears to be very experienced, but he is not in the Dallas area. Trying to avoid travelling expenses if we can.

Come on, now , Jeana. Where is your sense of adventure? If you don't want to contact your cop pals who may have worked with psychics, then email me their email addys and I will ask them myself. Shoot, a good psychic might be able to tell us if Darin is truly innocent or not.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Buck up, girl. It is a challenge!!

Goody
01-04-2006, 10:04 PM
LOL...I can still remember my two year old saying goooah bubsterrrr!!!!!! as he was holding up his little plastic men. Oh my yes!!! We had the car...all the little characters and TONS of horrid ghost creatures. One year he even got some green gooo and a life size back pack sort of thing they wore on their backs to kill ghosts from his gramdmother! He was absolutely precious. He turned 21 in December. :o It made me tear up remembering how cute he was. Thanks for the memory JDP. I hadn't thought about a ghost buster in a long time. Ghost Busters are cool! Just ask my son. LOL!:D
I know what you mean. One day we were driving down the road, and two little tow headed boys tumbled out of the front door of a house, giggling and laughing, and it reminded me of how precious my boys were at that age. Now such sights make me think of the Routier boys when no one knew what their future held. Either one will bring a tear to your eye, one of joy and the other of sadness.

deanws
01-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, I have already managed to get a lead on a Texas psychic who appears to be very experienced, but he is not in the Dallas area. Trying to avoid travelling expenses if we can.

Come on, now , Jeana. Where is your sense of adventure? If you don't want to contact your cop pals who may have worked with psychics, then email me their email addys and I will ask them myself. Shoot, a good psychic might be able to tell us if Darin is truly innocent or not.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Buck up, girl. It is a challenge!! I am no psychic and I can tell you that loser is as guilty as she is. He helped...I think he did the last stab while she was on the phone. :sick:

Goody
01-04-2006, 10:22 PM
I am no psychic and I can tell you that loser is as guilty as she is. He helped...I think he did the last stab while she was on the phone. :sick:
I have a funny feeling about that, too. I am wondering where the cops were when he crawled over to check Damon's pulse just before paramedics were let in. It has always bothered me that he said the boy didn't have one and only minutes later he took his last breath. I know it is possible the pulse was just too weak to detect, but all he had to do is look in the child's eyes to see he was still alive. The paramedic did. Something about that picture makes me uneasy.

deanws
01-05-2006, 12:51 AM
I have a funny feeling about that, too. I am wondering where the cops were when he crawled over to check Damon's pulse just before paramedics were let in. It has always bothered me that he said the boy didn't have one and only minutes later he took his last breath. I know it is possible the pulse was just too weak to detect, but all he had to do is look in the child's eyes to see he was still alive. The paramedic did. Something about that picture makes me uneasy. How horrible to know that he still lived for several minutes knowing his parents were killing him. That makes me so very sad. :(

Goody
01-05-2006, 01:38 AM
How horrible to know that he still lived for several minutes knowing his parents were killing him. That makes me so very sad. :(
Yes, Damon is the one who suffered the most. He just laid there watching and slowly bleeding to death.

deanws
01-05-2006, 02:00 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Yes, Damon is the one who suffered the most. He just laid there watching and slowly bleeding to death.

beesy
01-05-2006, 02:40 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: The first cop on the scene had to watch Damon's eyes plead for help. Since he was the only cop there, he did his duty as a cop and guarded the family. You can hear him yelling for Darlie to get a rag for Damon. He had to stand there and watch Damon lay unattended by either parent. Darin over there "doing CPR" on a very obviously dead child, Darlie running around screaming like a banshee, both available, neither helped. Then when the medic got to him, he said Damon still had light in his eyes. These 2 witnesses make me believe Damon was aware enough to know his parents or parent, not only attacked him, but left him to die alone. If that is not a tortured soul, I don't know what is.

beesy
01-05-2006, 02:41 AM
I have a funny feeling about that, too. I am wondering where the cops were when he crawled over to check Damon's pulse just before paramedics were let in. It has always bothered me that he said the boy didn't have one and only minutes later he took his last breath. I know it is possible the pulse was just too weak to detect, but all he had to do is look in the child's eyes to see he was still alive. The paramedic did. Something about that picture makes me uneasy. Oh, he knew, he knew....

Jeana (DP)
01-05-2006, 10:54 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Buck up, girl. It is a challenge!!

Its not that I'm skeptable Goody. I don't believe in them. I don't believe that is possible. So, because I don't believe in them, I think anyone who wastes the time of law enforcement or the family by having time, energy or money diverted to them by trying to tell them that they can help an investigation should be shot, set on fire and then run out of town on a rail. So, why would I waste one minute of my time talking to anyone about who is an "experienced psychic," since it doesn't exist in the first place? They're snake oil salesmen who prey on desperate families.

beesy
01-05-2006, 11:50 AM
I have a funny feeling about that, too. I am wondering where the cops were when he crawled over to check Damon's pulse just before paramedics were let in. It has always bothered me that he said the boy didn't have one and only minutes later he took his last breath. I know it is possible the pulse was just too weak to detect, but all he had to do is look in the child's eyes to see he was still alive. The paramedic did. Something about that picture makes me uneasy. According to the first cop on the scene, Damon's eyes were following movements in the room, which means he was conscious. No way Darin missed that:furious:

christine2448
01-05-2006, 12:13 PM
According to the first cop on the scene, Damon's eyes were following movements in the room, which means he was conscious. No way Darin missed that:furious: Phew, that just boils my blood beesy.

I am new to the Darlie case...I have seen the thread but never really ventured in...so I am just learning of everything. All of this time seeing her thread there I thought it was because 'we' meaning most WSers, totally assuming, thought she was falsely accused, now, I am just shocked at what I am learning...and still have so much to read. This thread is the one I have read the most of so far. What are the opinons...more for or against her...I know, I know, read the thread, but I'd thought I'd ask cause I'm curious to know now...takes a lot of time to read this stuff! Right now I am reading "16 different stories"

Jeana (DP)
01-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Goody, check out this link from Christine:

. . .

Browne has been criticized before, but she’s never actually outed herself . In March 2004, James Randi, aka The Amazing Randi, called Browne a liar on Paul Harris' popular St. Louis radio show. Randi continues to run a Million Dollar Challenge to Browne and others who speak to the dead, like John Edwards and James van Praagh, to put up or shut up — and give proof of their miraculous work. So far, no one has accepted.

But Randi has turned the challenge into a million-dollar gambit for anyone who can prove they have paranormal abilities. After listening to Tuesday night’s radio show, I suppose Sylvia Browne is intuitive enough not to put herself to that challenge.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180681,00.html

justice2
01-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Phew, that just boils my blood beesy.

I am new to the Darlie case...I have seen the thread but never really ventured in...so I am just learning of everything. All of this time seeing her thread there I thought it was because 'we' meaning most WSers, totally assuming, thought she was falsely accused, now, I am just shocked at what I am learning...and still have so much to read. This thread is the one I have read the most of so far. What are the opinons...more for or against her...I know, I know, read the thread, but I'd thought I'd ask cause I'm curious to know now...takes a lot of time to read this stuff! Right now I am reading "16 different stories"
Christine I'm fairly new too. And yes there is so much reading. But the gals on here are good at helping out.

Be sure to read the transcripts and stuff at justicefordarlie.net. I'd say I'm maybe 1/4 way through the transcripts, they are hard to read but just way too much stuff in them to ignore. It's all real emotional so just do a little bit and come back to it when you can. The TV stuff on there is good for an introduction to the case and for studying her family, but I would look elsewhere for facts.

christine2448
01-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Christine I'm fairly new too. And yes there is so much reading. But the gals on here are good at helping out.

Be sure to read the transcripts and stuff at justicefordarlie.net. I'd say I'm maybe 1/4 way through the transcripts, they are hard to read but just way too much stuff in them to ignore. It's all real emotional so just do a little bit and come back to it when you can. The TV stuff on there is good for an introduction to the case and for studying her family, but I would look elsewhere for facts.
Thanks for the advice justice, and the link.

cami
01-05-2006, 06:22 PM

Hi Christine, nice name, it's mine too. some of us posters here have been discussing Darlie's case for years. We have researched everything available to us. I for one, started from a place of innocence and over the years, once I learned the forensics, I came to conclude that Darlie is guilty of the murder of her boys.

It's not based on her lifestye, her personality, her looks, the silly string tape or anything other than my knowledge of the blood evidence. I don't believe she deserves nor should she receive a new trial. I am not a proponent of the DP so I don't think she should have received it. Life in prison is what I believe her punishment should have been.

j2mirish
01-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi Christine, nice name, it's mine too. some of us posters here have been discussing Darlie's case for years. We have researched everything available to us. I for one, started from a place of innocence and over the years, once I learned the forensics, I came to conclude that Darlie is guilty of the murder of her boys.

It's not based on her lifestye, her personality, her looks, the silly string tape or anything other than my knowledge of the blood evidence. I don't believe she deserves nor should she receive a new trial. I am not a proponent of the DP so I don't think she should have received it. Life in prison is what I believe her punishment should have been.
ditto from me Christine--
ok--- except my name isnt Christine !, and I do believe in the dp--
the thread about all of her stories is wonderful in my opinion- I still go back thru the really old threads and read--
welcome to the case!!

Goody
01-05-2006, 10:26 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
So why are you knocking your head against a wall? Did I miss something?

Goody
01-05-2006, 10:37 PM
The first cop on the scene had to watch Damon's eyes plead for help. Since he was the only cop there, he did his duty as a cop and guarded the family. You can hear him yelling for Darlie to get a rag for Damon. He had to stand there and watch Damon lay unattended by either parent. Darin over there "doing CPR" on a very obviously dead child, Darlie running around screaming like a banshee, both available, neither helped. Then when the medic got to him, he said Damon still had light in his eyes. These 2 witnesses make me believe Damon was aware enough to know his parents or parent, not only attacked him, but left him to die alone. If that is not a tortured soul, I don't know what is.
I agree, beesy. That is the worst of the crime. Little Damon laying there all alone watching the activity around him, not knowing who to trust or maybe afraid of every one of them. Not one single person there applied pressure to his wounds or even tried to help him. But in Darin's defense, Waddell did tell him to help Devon. So he was doing what he was told. I think he should have told Waddell, Devon was gone and at least tried to help Damon. It stands out so much in my mind that he didn't. I have this uncomfortable feeling that Devon was his post and he did not want to leave it for reasons unknown, none of them good. I think Waddell was overwhelmed by the scene and torn about what to do, but Darin was Damon's father and I am amazed that he didn't feel a need to check both kids almost immediately and weigh the situation to see where his help would be most effective. I think I would have at least been screaming at the other adults in the house to help the other child if I felt I couldn't do it myself. Who knows? Maybe that is what Darin is yelling in the back ground.

Goody
01-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Its not that I'm skeptable Goody. I don't believe in them. I don't believe that is possible. So, because I don't believe in them, I think anyone who wastes the time of law enforcement or the family by having time, energy or money diverted to them by trying to tell them that they can help an investigation should be shot, set on fire and then run out of town on a rail. So, why would I waste one minute of my time talking to anyone about who is an "experienced psychic," since it doesn't exist in the first place? They're snake oil salesmen who prey on desperate families.
You are wrong, Jeana. We only use about 10% of our conscious mind. Psychics have just learned to use more of theirs. There are a lot of phonies out there, I agree, but a good, qualified psychic is just as valid as any other expert we turn to for help. They don't solve cases though. Any good psychic will tell you that. They use their impressions to help steer police in the right direction, then it is up to police what to do with the information.

Back in Illinois (my home town) a little boy was visiting his mother for summer vacation and while there, he and his brother rode their bikes down to the river to fish. When it was time to go home, the younger one would not leave so the other boy went home. When he returned later with family members,there was no sign of the little boy. There was the typical search and nothing turned up. They suspected foul play (I have forgotten why now) Anyway to make a long story short, they brought in a psychic from Pennsylvania and she led them (thru her descriptions and in person) to state park in a nearby community. They found the boy's body buried right where she directed them, and not long afterwards arrested the man who did it. I don't think she had anything to do with the arrest, but she did lead them to the body.

So how does a person who is not even from the area, doesn't know the area, has no link to the crime or the people involved, lead police to a wooded area and the grave?

Not believing in psychic powers makes about as much sense as not believing in God or life after death. I suppose you don't believe in ghosts either. :doh:

Goody
01-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Goody, check out this link from Christine:

. . .

Browne has been criticized before, but she’s never actually outed herself . In March 2004, James Randi, aka The Amazing Randi, called Browne a liar on Paul Harris' popular St. Louis radio show. Randi continues to run a Million Dollar Challenge to Browne and others who speak to the dead, like John Edwards and James van Praagh, to put up or shut up — and give proof of their miraculous work. So far, no one has accepted.

But Randi has turned the challenge into a million-dollar gambit for anyone who can prove they have paranormal abilities. After listening to Tuesday night’s radio show, I suppose Sylvia Browne is intuitive enough not to put herself to that challenge.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180681,00.html
Well, Sylvia Browne is not a psychic I would go to to work on a police case. I don't want to say anything about her because I don't know her, but I can't say that I feel real confident in her "gift." And I am not into those who talk to the dead . I guess it might bring some people comfort, but most every one of them only says they are happy where they are and I could figure that out by myself. If the dead would tell us where they left their winning lottery ticket, I would be impressed. hahahahaha.

I am more interested in psychics who make a real difference with their abilities. There are many of them who work with police and don't charge police anything. Their abilities are proven by how effective they are able to help police. If the phenonom does not exist, the details they provide would ALWAYS be proven wrong unless they had some kind of inside information from the killer. I don't get the aversion to them.

beesy
01-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Anyway to make a long story short, they brought in a psychic from Pennsylvania and she led them (thru her descriptions and in person) to state park in a nearby community. They found the boy's body buried right where she directed them, and not long afterwards arrested the man who did it. I don't think she had anything to do with the arrest, but she did lead them to the body.
So how does a person who is not even from the area, doesn't know the area, has no link to the crime or the people involved, lead police to a wooded area and the grave? Maybe she did it

Jeana (DP)
01-06-2006, 11:06 AM
You are wrong, Jeana. We only use about 10% of our conscious mind. Psychics have just learned to use more of theirs. There are a lot of phonies out there, I agree, but a good, qualified psychic is just as valid as any other expert we turn to for help. They don't solve cases though. Any good psychic will tell you that. They use their impressions to help steer police in the right direction, then it is up to police what to do with the information.

Back in Illinois (my home town) a little boy was visiting his mother for summer vacation and while there, he and his brother rode their bikes down to the river to fish. When it was time to go home, the younger one would not leave so the other boy went home. When he returned later with family members,there was no sign of the little boy. There was the typical search and nothing turned up. They suspected foul play (I have forgotten why now) Anyway to make a long story short, they brought in a psychic from Pennsylvania and she led them (thru her descriptions and in person) to state park in a nearby community. They found the boy's body buried right where she directed them, and not long afterwards arrested the man who did it. I don't think she had anything to do with the arrest, but she did lead them to the body.

So how does a person who is not even from the area, doesn't know the area, has no link to the crime or the people involved, lead police to a wooded area and the grave?

Not believing in psychic powers makes about as much sense as not believing in God or life after death. I suppose you don't believe in ghosts either. :doh:

Have one person you think is a psychic contact me and see if they can prove it to me.

No, I don't believe in ghosts, witches or the Loch Ness monster either.

Jeana (DP)
01-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Well, Sylvia Browne is not a psychic I would go to to work on a police case. I don't want to say anything about her because I don't know her, but I can't say that I feel real confident in her "gift." And I am not into those who talk to the dead . I guess it might bring some people comfort, but most every one of them only says they are happy where they are and I could figure that out by myself. If the dead would tell us where they left their winning lottery ticket, I would be impressed. hahahahaha.

I am more interested in psychics who make a real difference with their abilities. There are many of them who work with police and don't charge police anything. Their abilities are proven by how effective they are able to help police. If the phenonom does not exist, the details they provide would ALWAYS be proven wrong unless they had some kind of inside information from the killer. I don't get the aversion to them.

The million dollar offer is open to anyone. These so-called psychics obviously have no problem taking people's money to "help" them out. Why are none of them stepping forward to claim this cash?????

Mary456
01-06-2006, 08:22 PM
The million dollar offer is open to anyone. These so-called psychics obviously have no problem taking people's money to "help" them out. Why are none of them stepping forward to claim this cash?????

They're too busy getting big hair and acrylic nails (the claw type) for Montel Williams. Gotta look purty when you're on TV. :mad:

beesy
01-06-2006, 08:53 PM
They're too busy getting big hair and acrylic nails (the claw type) for Montel Williams. Gotta look purty when you're on TV. :mad: Oh I know! Brown calls herself a psychic no matter what others consider her. It's all parlor tricks, just a new medium now. These people are experts at body language. They say "I'm feeling an N". She watches for little changes in faces even if the person thinks they stood stock still. Interstingly enough, somehow that person remembers a friend or family member with an "N" in their name. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

beesy
01-06-2006, 10:21 PM

I am new to the Darlie case...I have seen the thread but never really ventured in...so I am just learning of everything. All of this time seeing her thread there I thought it was because 'we' meaning most WSers, totally assuming, thought she was falsely accused, now, I am just shocked at what I am learning...and still have so much to read. This thread is the one I have read the most of so far. What are the opinons...more for or against her...I know, I know, read the thread, but I'd thought I'd ask cause I'm curious to know now...takes a lot of time to read this stuff! Right now I am reading "16 different stories" Welcome to the forum. There are mostly Darlie-Did-Its on here. Ask away, it's always interesting to delve into things again. New people often bring up something that was discussed months ago. It's good to refresh the memory.

Mary456
01-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Oh I know! Brown calls herself a psychic no matter what others consider her. It's all parlor tricks, just a new media now. These people are experts at body language. They say "I'm feeling an N". She watches for little changes in faces even if the person thinks they stood stock still. Interstingly enough, somehow that person remembers a friend or family member with an "N" in their name. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

She's a charlatain. If you watch her closely, she answers lots of questions from people who have lost loved ones. They want to know if they're watching over them and she says, "Yes, he/she is watching over you."

Now, how can you prove her right or wrong? You can't. And as far as the Hollywood stars getting divorced, she has a 99% chance of being right, because less than 1% of them stay married.

I'm not fond of psychics. As far as I know, not a one of them has ever been proved legitimate.

cami
01-07-2006, 05:18 AM
[/color] Maybe she did it

Don't talk! There actually was a psychic arrested and charged with murder when she had visions of the body of a young nurse before she was reported missing. She led police to the body. They later arrested her and charged her with the murder! But not for long. It was actually three young fellows who committed the murder.

beesy
01-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Don't talk! There actually was a psychic arrested and charged with murder when she had visions of the body of a young nurse before she was reported missing. She led police to the body. They later arrested her and charged her with the murder! But not for long. It was actually three young fellows who committed the murder. Are you saying she really was psychic?

beesy
01-07-2006, 08:06 PM
She's a charlatain. If you watch her closely, she answers lots of questions from people who have lost loved ones. They want to know if they're watching over them and she says, "Yes, he/she is watching over you."

Now, how can you prove her right or wrong? You can't. And as far as the Hollywood stars getting divorced, she has a 99% chance of being right, because less than 1% of them stay married.

I'm not fond of psychics. As far as I know, not a one of them has ever been proved legitimate. Right, it's always, "yes, your mother is with you and wants you to be happy". Remember in "The 6th Sense" the little boy told his mother very specific things. It doesn't happen like that in real life. Psychologists say humans have forgotten their 6th sense and perhaps we have. Haven't you ever been thinking of somebody and then the phone rings? These other people are not doing simple things like that. They are playing on people's uncertainties about death.

Goody
01-07-2006, 10:46 PM
[/color]Maybe she did it
No she didn't do it. Some lowlife transient did it and he got caught. The psychic helped only to discover the boy's body. Good Lord, this woman wasn't even in the state when the murder happened.

Goody
01-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Have one person you think is a psychic contact me and see if they can prove it to me.

No, I don't believe in ghosts, witches or the Loch Ness monster either.
How can you be a Christian and not believe in ghosts?

Goody
01-07-2006, 10:49 PM
I suppose the ones who really are psychics don't do parlor tricks, not even for cash, and the ones who are fakes couldn't pass the test.

Goody
01-07-2006, 10:51 PM
They're too busy getting big hair and acrylic nails (the claw type) for Montel Williams. Gotta look purty when you're on TV. :mad:
There you go, putting a group of people in a box again. Not fair, Mary. Just because one does it, doesn't mean they all do.

Goody
01-07-2006, 10:59 PM

I'm not fond of psychics. As far as I know, not a one of them has ever been proved legitimate.
I agree with you post all except the last line. Many of them have been proven to be legit. That is why police detectives work with them. And they are the hardest to convince. Cops, I mean.

Forget about those who say they talk to the dead. The dead never say anything interesting anyway. If they talked to the dead and the dead could tell them who killed them that would be interesting. But most of them are just making a living making grieving people feel better. Whether is a true psychic talent or something else, it doesn;t matter if no one is being hurt. At least I don't want to waste my time worrying about it.

Give me something with some beef in it, like a psychic telling a cop what the killer looks like, what took place during the murder (like was it a home invasion or an argument with a family member), what initiated the killing, etc. And with cops being willing to come on camera and give the psychic credit for giving him some clues that would point him in the right direction, it is pretty hard to just diss......but you guys managed. Wow, remind me to bring an umbrella to the next parade I organize around here. Sheesh!

Goody
01-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Are you saying she really was psychic?
Yes, she really was psychic. She started having visions or dreams about the crime and the location of the body. The police wouldn't take her seriously, so she and her daughter went out looking for some sign of the missing nurse. They found the body right where she said it would be....on a canyon road in Los Angeles. This was years ago, in the 60s or 70s, and they arrested her for murder. It took a while but she was able to exonerate herself before the trial. Cami probably remembers more of the details, but, yeah, it is a true story.

beesy
01-07-2006, 11:38 PM
No she didn't do it. Some lowlife transient did it and he got caught. The psychic helped only to discover the boy's body. Good Lord, this woman wasn't even in the state when the murder happened. that was said tongue in cheek

beesy
01-07-2006, 11:41 PM
I suppose the ones who really are psychics don't do parlor tricks, not even for cash, and the ones who are fakes couldn't pass the test. You're fooling yourself if you think those people on Psychic Detectives don't get paid for what they do.

Jeana (DP)
01-08-2006, 12:37 PM
How can you be a Christian and not believe in ghosts?

I believe there is a spirit in the body that leaves once the body is dead. I beleive that spirit goes to Heaven. I don't believe there are ghosts moving around us and that sort of thing.

Goody
01-08-2006, 01:41 PM
You're fooling yourself if you think those people on Psychic Detectives don't get paid for what they do.
Lawyers get paid when they appear on TV, too. Doesn't make their information any less truthful.

If someone has the gift to visualize what most of us can't, why should they have to work slinging hash instead of devoting full time to it? We pay plumbers to fix our pipes; carpenters to build our houses. We pay doctors to cure us. We pay lawyers to represent us. We pay waitors to serve us. Hell, we even pay musicians and actors to entertain us. What on earth is wrong with psychics being paid for their services?

As for the big test, I am not sure I would want to take that thing either. Look at what that millionaire Pardo did to Darin? If Darin is to be believed, he was set up to fail those 5 questions. That has always seemed a little fishy to me, esp the way the guy just up and disappeared from the case. So if you were making a decent living doing what you want to do, why would you risk everything by taking a challenge that might not even be a fair assessment of your talents? A rigged result or unfair test could ruin your "career."

There are institutes around who test psychics without all the theatrics that are a lot more trustworthy. Or at least appear to be. I wonder how many they may have turned away (those offering the million dollars) because they are wanting to test Sylvia and people like her. No one has asked that question yet.

This discussion is getting to generalized for me anyway. It is not good to lump any group into one box and say they are all alike. I have no doubt that there are many phony psychics, but I also believe that there are many who are legit. Apparently I am not alone as more and more police departments are utiltizing them.

Goody
01-08-2006, 01:43 PM
I believe there is a spirit in the body that leaves once the body is dead. I beleive that spirit goes to Heaven. I don't believe there are ghosts moving around us and that sort of thing.
So do I, but I also believe that spirits can appear after death. I am not sure I buy all of the stuff about them being lost or not knowing they are dead, etc. But I definitely believe in ghosts.....or spirits walking amongst us if you prefer. They prove that life after death exists.

Jeana (DP)
01-09-2006, 12:43 PM
So do I, but I also believe that spirits can appear after death. I am not sure I buy all of the stuff about them being lost or not knowing they are dead, etc. But I definitely believe in ghosts.....or spirits walking amongst us if you prefer. They prove that life after death exists.

I'm the "proof" type of person. If there are psychics or ghosts, before I'll believe it, someone needs to provide it to me. As for spirits remaining after the body dies, is that life? I don't know. I don't think so. Its the same spirit that was in the body, its just moved on to heaven. I don't agree that's the same thing as "life."

bkdianne
01-09-2006, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=Jeana (DP)]I believe there is a spirit in the body that leaves once the body is dead. I beleive that spirit goes to Heaven. I don't believe there are ghosts moving around us and that sort of thing.

Hi DP I believe what you said is true, but I also believe there are spirits that come at your death to help you make the transition. My mother died in October, and I SAW WITH MY OWN EYES her talking to spirits, and trying to touch them. It was amazing. Basically, the same thing happened with my father. He was "talking" to his mother (my grandmother), and he could see her plain as day. I told him to tell her something, and he said, "you tell her, she's right there" (pointing to the ceiling)! Indians believe that 3:00am is the "spirit hour" thats when alot of people die, because they say, the veil is the thinnest between the natural world, and the spirit world. (Both of my parents died at that hour). Even if you dont believe it, its something to ponder :)

Goody
01-09-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm the "proof" type of person. If there are psychics or ghosts, before I'll believe it, someone needs to provide it to me. As for spirits remaining after the body dies, is that life? I don't know. I don't think so. Its the same spirit that was in the body, its just moved on to heaven. I don't agree that's the same thing as "life."
What isn't dead must be alive, is it not? Life after death may be a different form of life but it is still life. Spirits hanging around the earth after body death are not spirit dead. They just live in a different dimension and make themselves known to us for reasons of their own. We might THINK it lacks quality but we are thinking with our human brains that are programmed to hold onto earthly life no matter what the cost, so I am not sure that is a fair assessment. Or even an accurate one. At least these are the things I think about late at night when I can't sleep and there's nothing but infomercials on. :blowkiss:

Goody
01-09-2006, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=Jeana (DP)]I believe there is a spirit in the body that leaves once the body is dead. I beleive that spirit goes to Heaven. I don't believe there are ghosts moving around us and that sort of thing.

Hi DP I believe what you said is true, but I also believe there are spirits that come at your death to help you make the transition. My mother died in October, and I SAW WITH MY OWN EYES h er talking to spirits, and trying to touch them. It was amazing. Basically, the same thing happened with my father. He was "talking" to his mother (my grandmother), and he could see her plain as day. I told him to tell her something, and he said, "you tell her, she's right there" (pointing to the ceiling)! Indians believe that 3:00am is the "spirit hour" thats when alot of people die, because they say, the veil is the thinnest between the natural world, and the spirit world. (Both of my parents died at that hour). Even if you dont believe it, its something to ponder :)
Some interesting thoughts there, Dianne. ;)

bkdianne
01-09-2006, 11:37 PM
=Jeana (DP)]I'm the "proof" type of person. If there are psychics or ghosts, before I'll believe it, someone needs to provide it to me. As for spirits remaining after the body dies, is that life? I don't know. I don't think so. Its the same spirit that was in the body, its just moved on to heaven. I don't agree that's the same thing as "life

-How bout this: Maybe "they" are the ones alive, and "we" are the ones that are dead? Sounds weird, but ya never know :dance:

beesy
01-10-2006, 12:32 AM
I agree with you post all except the last line. Many of them have been proven to be legit. That is why police detectives work with them. And they are the hardest to convince. Cops, I mean.

Forget about those who say they talk to the dead. The dead never say anything interesting anyway. If they talked to the dead and the dead could tell them who killed them that would be interesting. But most of them are just making a living making grieving people feel better. Whether is a true psychic talent or something else, it doesn;t matter if no one is being hurt. At least I don't want to waste my time worrying about it.

Give me something with some beef in it, like a psychic telling a cop what the killer looks like, what took place during the murder (like was it a home invasion or an argument with a family member), what initiated the killing, etc. And with cops being willing to come on camera and give the psychic credit for giving him some clues that would point him in the right direction, it is pretty hard to just diss......but you guys managed. Wow, remind me to bring an umbrella to the next parade I organize around here. Sheesh! Of course lawyers get paid Goody. I got the impression from your posts that you thought these psychics volunteer their time.

Goody
01-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Of course lawyers get paid Goody. I got the impression from your posts that you thought these psychics volunteer their time.
Many of them do to police departments, but we aren't cops and this is not an active case so no chance of that for our project.

Goody
01-10-2006, 11:04 AM
=Jeana (DP)]I'm the "proof" type of person. If there are psychics or ghosts, before I'll believe it, someone needs to provide it to me. As for spirits remaining after the body dies, is that life? I don't know. I don't think so. Its the same spirit that was in the body, its just moved on to heaven. I don't agree that's the same thing as "life

-How bout this: Maybe "they" are the ones alive, and "we" are the ones that are dead? Sounds weird, but ya never know :dance:
If that were true, Dianne, we live dead forever, and there'd be no way out via suicide.

Personally, I think earth is a halladeck (know I slaughtered the spelling so just sound it out and you'll be okay...hahah). I think we are all heavenly beings who decide for whatever reason to take the halladeck challenge (yes, just like they do on Star Trek) and once we meet our challenge or chicken out, we return to heaven from whence we came. :laugh: And don't ask me how hell figures in because I really don't know.

beesy
01-11-2006, 10:02 AM

-How bout this: Maybe "they" are the ones alive, and "we" are the ones that are dead? Sounds weird, but ya never know :dance: We could just be God's ant farm

bkdianne
01-11-2006, 01:48 PM
We could just be God's ant farm

-Could be... ;)

Jeana (DP)
01-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Lawyers get paid when they appear on TV, too. Doesn't make their information any less truthful.

If someone has the gift to visualize what most of us can't, why should they have to work slinging hash instead of devoting full time to it? We pay plumbers to fix our pipes; carpenters to build our houses. We pay doctors to cure us. We pay lawyers to represent us. We pay waitors to serve us. Hell, we even pay musicians and actors to entertain us. What on earth is wrong with psychics being paid for their services?

Lawyers don't get paid every time they're on television Goody. And, if psychics COULD do what they say they can do, why not take the dude up on the million dollars?

beesy
01-17-2006, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE]If someone has the gift to visualize what most of us can't, why should they have to work slinging hash instead of devoting full time to it? We pay plumbers to fix our pipes; carpenters to build our houses. We pay doctors to cure us. We pay lawyers to represent us. We pay waitors to serve us. Hell, we even pay musicians and actors to entertain us. What on earth is wrong with psychics being paid for their services Because there is proof that plumbers fix our pipes and carpenters build our houses and waiters serve our meals. And that musicians and actors are performing we can see them doing it, whether we like them or not, they are doing it.

Goody
01-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Lawyers don't get paid every time they're on television Goody. And, if psychics COULD do what they say they can do, why not take the dude up on the million dollars?
Because when you are testing an unknown, it is too easy to slant the results one way or the other....just like polygraphs...they are only as good as the tester. I can see why someone who is enjoying a good following would not want to jeopardize that by getting sucked into some test that may or may not be objective. I would say if this guy has never proven anyone psychic yet, it is because of the way he is manipulating the test, not because no psychic has stepped forward. Unknowns would jump at the chance because they have nothing to lose if they fail.

Jeana (DP)
01-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Because when you are testing an unknown, it is too easy to slant the results one way or the other....just like polygraphs...they are only as good as the tester. I can see why someone who is enjoying a good following would not want to jeopardize that by getting sucked into some test that may or may not be objective. I would say if this guy has never proven anyone psychic yet, it is because of the way he is manipulating the test, not because no psychic has stepped forward. Unknowns would jump at the chance because they have nothing to lose if they fail.

It said no one stepped forward, not that anyone had been shot down.

Goody
01-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Lawyers don't get paid every time they're on television Goody. .......
I know, but I also know that there is a union wage that must be paid for television appearances under most circumstances...think it is about $400.....and since I didn't know who was getting paid and who wasn't, (I assume people can sign a waiver but there might be other rules I am not aware of), it was safe to assume that if they get anything in most cases it is probably just the union's minimum. I am sure physics don't get paid all the time either. There are benefits to appearing on TV for most professions. Most couldn't afford to buy that kind of exposure. So almost all TV time has value to the professional appearing. ;)

Goody
01-18-2006, 01:46 PM
It said no one stepped forward, not that anyone had been shot down.
So not one single person has ever taken this guy's test? Doesn't that sound a little strange to you? How many do you suppose he has turned away? Surely someone who wants to make a name for themselves would set forward? I bet he will only take the famous ones or the ones he thinks are frauds.

Goody
01-18-2006, 01:48 PM
[/color] Because there is proof that plumbers fix our pipes and carpenters build our houses and waiters serve our meals. And that musicians and actors are performing we can see them doing it, whether we like them or not, they are doing it.
I can't believe it. A southerner who doesn't believe in psychics. I saw a stat the other day that said 60% of America believes in psychic phenonmen.

Jeana (DP)
01-18-2006, 02:16 PM
So not one single person has ever taken this guy's test? Doesn't that sound a little strange to you? How many do you suppose he has turned away? Surely someone who wants to make a name for themselves would set forward? I bet he will only take the famous ones or the ones he thinks are frauds.

That's what it said. I don't think it strange because I don't think its possible for anyone to pass the test and they know it. If they're making any sort of money at all with their fraud, why show the world that they're full of it and cut off all of their income?

Goody
01-18-2006, 09:08 PM
That's what it said. I don't think it strange because I don't think its possible for anyone to pass the test and they know it. If they're making any sort of money at all with their fraud, why show the world that they're full of it and cut off all of their income?
Well, that is a good reason to not do the test, I will agree. I just don't think it is the only one.

Do you think Darin was set up by Pardo to fail that polygraph?

Thinkoflaura
01-18-2006, 09:28 PM
We had a family poll about belief in psychics. The kids are having a good laugh about our old Ouija board tales, LOL.

Seriously, my daughter piped up and asked " If a person knows what's going to happen before it does, or can see what others don't, why doesn't that person go to Las Vegas and win millions? They should be able to beat the house every time".

Is her argument valid? I don't think I believe in psychics because I have never met one, and I think charging money for giving information which could save a life or find a dead person's body is unethical. I believe that we all probably have the ability to perceive things not seen or heard at times concerning our families and friends, especially mothers about their children.

Thinkoflaura
01-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Well, that is a good reason to not do the test, I will agree. I just don't think it is the only one.

How do you set someone up to fail a poly if the questions are answerable with yes or no? Did Pardo threaten Darin beforehand? Did he pay the person administering the test to make him nervous in some way, say by circling the graph, going " Hmm" or looking at him strangely? I hope I never have to take one, and if I do, I hope I will pass with flying colors as they say, but I would like to know how polys are rigged during the test.
I know that the results are somewhat subjective and can be misinterpreted in some cases, depending upon whose interest the results serve.
Thanks.

deanws
01-18-2006, 11:59 PM

Do you think Darin was set up by Pardo to fail that polygraph? I think Pardo thought Darlie was innocent and Darin was guilty. JMO though. Pardo was still speaking to Darlie after Darin failed the test...asking her not to have any contact with Darin for at least 30 days.

deanws
01-19-2006, 12:04 AM
How do you set someone up to fail a poly if the questions are answerable with yes or no? Did Pardo threaten Darin beforehand? Did he pay the person administering the test to make him nervous in some way, say by circling the graph, going " Hmm" or looking at him strangely? I hope I never have to take one, and if I do, I hope I will pass with flying colors as they say, but I would like to know how polys are rigged during the test.
I know that the results are somewhat subjective and can be misinterpreted in some cases, depending upon whose interest the results serve.
Thanks.Yeah, but Darin failed the four major questions that prove he was involved with the murders. Mainly the ones that asked if you know who killed your children...and did you stab Darlie. I think that within itself says what I wanted to know. That loser was involved too. He needs to be in jail also.:behindbar

beesy
01-19-2006, 01:59 AM
Yeah, but Darin failed the four major questions that prove he was involved with the murders. Mainly the ones that asked if you know who killed your children...and did you stab Darlie. I think that within itself says what I wanted to know. That loser was involved too. He needs to be in jail also.:behindbar He would be if there were any evidence. That guy lucked out

beesy
01-19-2006, 02:07 AM
I can't believe it. A southerner who doesn't believe in psychics. I saw a stat the other day that said 60% of America believes in psychic phenonmen. Haha Goody, you know my Achilles' heel quite well. Actually I sort of believe that most of us have our own 6th Sense. Pyschologist have OPINED(hee) that humans once had it and it disappeared over the years with evolution. I do not think these self-proclaimed psychics can read other people's minds or pick up vibrations or see the other people's dead relatives. So our 6th Sense would be like our other senses, we each taste and hear and speak and feel differently. And even that's a big maybe.

deanws
01-19-2006, 02:10 AM
He would be if there were any evidence. That guy lucked outI agree. Hey...I was reading Flesh and Blood. I then went back and reread the autopsy. You are correct..no exit wounds. But...would you believe that this book also has the same lie about the knife going through to the floor! I wonder why they both said that? Do you think they talked with each other when writing their books? Or maybe a cop was exaggerating when giving information? I know she didn't get the info from Darin because she said they refused to help with any info for the book or give any interviews to her. Strange isn't it that they both would carry the same lie. It will be interesting to see if MTJD has to same lie. I am going to be looking for it.

beesy
01-19-2006, 02:24 AM
I agree. Hey...I was reading Flesh and Blood. I then went back and reread the autopsy. You are correct..no exit wounds. But...would you believe that this book also has the same lie about the knife going through to the floor! I wonder why they both said that? Do you think they talked with each other when writing their books? Or maybe a cop was exaggerating when giving information? I know she didn't get the info from Darin because she said they refused to help with any info for the book or give any interviews to her. Strange isn't it that they both would carry the same lie. It will be interesting to see if MTJD has to same lie. I am going to be looking for it. I don't know, maybe just a rumor? Do you know what page that's on in Springer's book? I've always found hers to be the most truthful. MTJD doesn't say it.
Chris( MTJD) corrects Mr. Dan Michalski's( Dallas Family Magazine) statement on pages, 298, 325 and 326 that Devon had exit wounds. Meaning Chris actually got a very important fact right!
He taunts Barbara about her theory that Damon crawled after being stabbed on page, 390 "why wasn't there a blood trail of his blood on the carpet, hmmmmmm Barbara?" He doesn't call her "Babs" and he didn't taunt her about the exit wound. I don't know why considering she also so said it.

deanws
01-19-2006, 02:27 AM
I don't know, maybe just a rumor? Do you know what page that's on in Springer's book? I've always found hers to be the most truthful. MTJD doesn't say it. In fact he makes a big point under one of the photos of Devon that she is wrong. Calls her "Babs". Let me look....

beesy
01-19-2006, 03:55 AM
Let me look.... See my edit of post #124. Certainly don't want to be as bad as Chris when it comes to stating facts! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_7.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS)

deanws
01-19-2006, 04:22 AM
See my edit of post #124. Certainly don't want to be as bad as Chris when it comes to stating facts! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_7.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS) LOL! I finally found it...it is in her book on page 24...third paragraph down. Pat does say something about a blood trail too....I will have to find that. Also..did you notice that babs says they were buried in white tuxs and Pat says black? I remember reading somewhere they were buried in black ones because the white ones were in the house and they couldn't get to them. Not that it matters......:confused: BUT....Pat says that Darin was unfaithful to Darlie in the first year of marriage. I think I was totally over rating their relationship. It says that Darlie put another man on her visiting list and that she was heard yelling at Darin for seeing someone else while she has been in jail?!?!?! WTH!?!? Yep...seems I was way off base on their loyalty to each other. I am back to thinking that he is laying low and not dating completly out in the open for fear of Darlie telling something about him. They are a strange pair for sure.

Goody
01-19-2006, 09:41 AM
LOL! I finally found it...it is in her book on page 24...third paragraph down. Pat does say something about a blood trail too....I will have to find that. Also..did you notice that babs says they were buried in white tuxs and Pat says black? I remember reading somewhere they were buried in black ones because the white ones were in the house and they couldn't get to them. Not that it matters......:confused: BUT....Pat says that Darin was unfaithful to Darlie in the first year of marriage. I think I was totally over rating their relationship. It says that Darlie put another man on her visiting list and that she was heard yelling at Darin for seeing someone else while she has been in jail?!?!?! WTH!?!? Yep...seems I was way off base on their loyalty to each other. I am back to thinking that he is laying low and not dating completly out in the open for fear of Darlie telling something about him. They are a strange pair for sure.
Wow. That is interesting. I read the book too and missed that. I will have to go back and reread it.

Jeana (DP)
01-19-2006, 10:24 AM

I don't think its possible to set someone up to fail a polygraph test. I think if you're telling the truth and you're shaken up, the most that can happen is that it would be inconclusive.

Goody
01-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I don't think its possible to set someone up to fail a polygraph test. I think if you're telling the truth and you're shaken up, the most that can happen is that it would be inconclusive.
Okay. But then is it possible to set someone up to pass a polygraph?

Jeana (DP)
01-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Okay. But then is it possible to set someone up to pass a polygraph?

That's a good question. I honestly don't know. I think it would be easier to "set someone up" to pass one than to fail one, but you always do ask the good questions!!

Goody
01-19-2006, 01:17 PM
That's a good question. I honestly don't know. I think it would be easier to "set someone up" to pass one than to fail one, but you always do ask the good questions!!
Another thing to think of.....if Pardo kept Darin there for hours and hours....and then tested him over and over again, asking the same questions, might not Darin's impatience and irritation show up as "deceptive." When he came out of that session, he said they wanted to trade him for her and he wasn't willing to go to jail for her. What was Pardo's real motive? Did he truly believe her to be innocent or was he just exploiting the case for his own gain? I haven't seen him in the news since then. Has he been involved with other Texas cases or has he dropped true crime altogether.

Jeana (DP)
01-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Another thing to think of.....if Pardo kept Darin there for hours and hours....and then tested him over and over again, asking the same questions, might not Darin's impatience and irritation show up as "deceptive." When he came out of that session, he said they wanted to trade him for her and he wasn't willing to go to jail for her. What was Pardo's real motive? Did he truly believe her to be innocent or was he just exploiting the case for his own gain? I haven't seen him in the news since then. Has he been involved with other Texas cases or has he dropped true crime altogether.

I haven't heard anything about Pardo since. Maybe like so many others, he fell off the fence on the "guilty" side and slinked back under his rock. Can't answer your questions about the test. I guess anything is possible about them. Since we KNOW he was not telling the truth, I don't see how the test could have turned out any other way.

Goody
01-19-2006, 01:33 PM
I haven't heard anything about Pardo since. Maybe like so many others, he fell off the fence on the "guilty" side and slinked back under his rock. Can't answer your questions about the test. I guess anything is possible about them. Since we KNOW he was not telling the truth, I don't see how the test could have turned out any other way.
Found this online: (Anne Goode)

When the subject of the failed polygraph arises, Darin firmly states,
"That test, that was a joke. I was interrogated for over 90 minutes before taking the test and the examiner made his position quite clear. I mean this guy actually said things to me like, 'Why didn't you just divorce her instead of trying to kill her?' And once he started the test, his attitude didn't change any. It was a grueling experience. I did it to help Darlie, even though I was advised not to. I didn't have anything to hide so I didn't see any harm in taking it. Now I sure do."

"As for Pardo's so-called 'scientific evidence' -- that is all rubbish. Do
you know what this consists of? It is a handwriting analysis, a voice
analysis and a polygraph test! Is that scientific evidence? Hell, it's
not even recognized by the courts and we all know they are very liberal in this case as to what is deemed evidence. If people want to call that evidence, again, there is nothing I can do to stop them. Just keep this in mind when you hear there is actual 'evidence' to connect me to this crime. Next, people will be claiming information from the Psychic Hotline is 'scientific evidence.'
http://www.justicedenied.org/twomen.htm

Goody
01-19-2006, 01:36 PM
This sort of shoots down Darlie's US appellate claims, doesn't it?

With Pardo's theory attracting some media attention, I was interested
in what Darlie's attorney, Stephen Cooper, thought. Cooper, a court appointed appellate attorney who has become one of Darlie's greatest champions, knows more about this case than anyone, including Brian Pardo. By all accounts, he lives and breathes this case and his insights are profoundly significant. With access to all the evidence and Darlie Routier as his client, he has no motive to protect Darin or minimize the facts. Ultimately, it is the truth, and only the truth that will set his client free.

Cooper explains, "Anne, in my mind EVERBODY is a suspect except Darlie. But unlike others, I am constrained by the facts and the facts simply do not support Darin Routier's involvement in this crime. As far as I can tell, there is no basis for believing any of the theories concerning Darin's involvement. They certainly were not in financial trouble. We have done a thorough review of all the financial statements. I have no reason to believe the marriage was failing and as for the polygraph, frankly, I don't know that Darin really failed it. Numerous requests made by the media for independent review of the test data have been ignored. The refusal to produce the data is
troublesome. Why not let the actual test be examined by independent
polygraph experts? To publicly reveal the results and refuse to reveal the data is...well…it is just not evidence of any kind in any courtroom in this country."
http://www.justicedenied.org/twomen.htm

Jeana (DP)
01-19-2006, 02:49 PM

"That test, that was a joke. I was interrogated for over 90 minutes before taking the test and the examiner made his position quite clear. I mean this guy actually said things to me like, 'Why didn't you just divorce her instead of trying to kill her?' And once he started the test, his attitude didn't change any. It was a grueling experience. I did it to help Darlie, even though I was advised not to. I didn't have anything to hide so I didn't see any harm in taking it. Now I sure do."

I think people have been under worse stress-type situations without it affecting the results. The problem with Darin and the polygraph test is that he wasn't telling the truth. So, nothing they did and nothing he did was going to make the test come out any differently. I guess I'm just missing where you're going with this.

Amster
01-19-2006, 03:06 PM
I was confident that I was up to date on this case....it happened very close to where I live....

Last night, I watched the show "Against The Law" and was stunned. When did Darin make the statement about the fight and seperation discussion that happened that night...and that he had tried to hire someone to rob his house???? Seems like I better go read extensively before trying to post about "all that I know" LOL

I have no doubt about Darlie being the killer. Darin has always set off my hinky meter. Now more than ever!

I will try to catch up and enjoy all the great info I get here from such knowledgeable posters.

Jeana (DP)
01-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I was confident that I was up to date on this case....it happened very close to where I live....

Last night, I watched the show "Against The Law" and was stunned. When did Darin make the statement about the fight and seperation discussion that happened that night...and that he had tried to hire someone to rob his house???? Seems like I better go read extensively before trying to post about "all that I know" LOL

I have no doubt about Darlie being the killer. Darin has always set off my hinky meter. Now more than ever!

I will try to catch up and enjoy all the great info I get here from such knowledgeable posters.

Read the post-trial conviction documents in general, and Darin's affidavit, in particular. They can be found on Darlie's site. ;)

Amster
01-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Read the post-trial conviction documents in general, and Darin's affidavit, in particular. They can be found on Darlie's site. ;)
Thanks, Jeana

deanws
01-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Another thing to think of.....if Pardo kept Darin there for hours and hours....and then tested him over and over again, asking the same questions, might not Darin's impatience and irritation show up as "deceptive." When he came out of that session, he said they wanted to trade him for her and he wasn't willing to go to jail for her. What was Pardo's real motive? Did he truly believe her to be innocent or was he just exploiting the case for his own gain? I haven't seen him in the news since then. Has he been involved with other Texas cases or has he dropped true crime altogether. But..Goody...I think that is WHY he became irritated!! He knew he was being asked questions that would point to him being involved and knew that they could put him in jail also if the police looked closer at him and found some evidence against him. At the time, I believe Pardo thought Darlie was innocent, and Darin was the ONLY guilty party. I think Pardo became upset when he asked LE to open up the investigation again to look at Darin, and apparently they either didn't want to...or they did and couldn't find enough against him to do anything thing about it. Either way, Pardo wasn't satisfied with it and picked up his toys (money) and went home. Guys....the question...Were you involved in any plan to commit a crime in your home in June of 1996?" pretty much sums up that he did help! Let's review the questions Darin was asked.................. " Were you involved in any plan to commit a crime in your home in June of 1996?"; "Do you know who exactly left that sock in the alleyway?"; "Did you yourself stab Darlie on June 6, 1996?" and "Can you name the person who stabbed your sons?"
Now ....Do you see why he got upset!?!?! Heck, I would have been running out of the place too! He failed all four questions!!:eek:

deanws
01-19-2006, 04:56 PM

"As for Pardo's so-called 'scientific evidence' -- that is all rubbish. Do
you know what this consists of? It is a handwriting analysis, a voice
analysis and a polygraph test! Is that scientific evidence? Hell, it's
not even recognized by the courts and we all know they are very liberal in this case as to what is deemed evidence. If people want to call that evidence, again, there is nothing I can do to stop them. Just keep this in mind when you hear there is actual 'evidence' to connect me to this crime. Next, people will be claiming information from the Psychic Hotline is 'scientific evidence.'
http://www.justicedenied.org/twomen.htmI think if he had been wearing a shirt, the evidence might have told an interesting story! I know....would have, could have, should have.....:doh: don't help nuthin! LOL...just the Texas drawl in me! :slap: :slap: Really, I think Darin keeping his mouth shut about the "specifics" of the crime, and continuing to talk about Darlie's beauty, big double D's,:sick: :sick: :sick: made him look like a foolish country bumkin...worked to his advantage. He is not nearly as stupid as he played to be, and it all worked in his favor.

deanws
01-19-2006, 05:09 PM
This sort of shoots down Darlie's US appellate claims, doesn't it?

With Pardo's theory attracting some media attention, I was interested
in what Darlie's attorney, Stephen Cooper, thought. Cooper, a court appointed appellate attorney who has become one of Darlie's greatest champions, knows more about this case than anyone, including Brian Pardo. By all accounts, he lives and breathes this case and his insights are profoundly significant. With access to all the evidence and Darlie Routier as his client, he has no motive to protect Darin or minimize the facts. Ultimately, it is the truth, and only the truth that will set his client free.

Cooper explains, "Anne, in my mind EVERBODY is a suspect except Darlie. But unlike others, I am constrained by the facts and the facts simply do not support Darin Routier's involvement in this crime. As far as I can tell, there is no basis for believing any of the theories concerning Darin's involvement. They certainly were not in financial trouble. We have done a thorough review of all the financial statements. I have no reason to believe the marriage was failing and as for the polygraph, frankly, I don't know that Darin really failed it. Numerous requests made by the media for independent review of the test data have been ignored. The refusal to produce the data is
troublesome. Why not let the actual test be examined by independent
polygraph experts? To publicly reveal the results and refuse to reveal the data is...well…it is just not evidence of any kind in any courtroom in this country."
http://www.justicedenied.org/twomen.htmThanks for the Link Goody! I will read this also. If anyone knows of any other good links I should read...please post them. I know where the transcripts are...and I have read may reviews on the evidence. I am just trying...like I said before....to get a good middle ground of the "many facts" that are out there! Like the MacDonald case...there are many "facts" from many sources, that all tell a different version of the "facts". Like I said guys...thanks for helping me try to sort this out. It's like the further I read...the more I get confused. :chicken: I am, at this moment, still standing firm in my ignorant bliss that Darlie and Darin were in this together. :doh: Straighten me out guys.:truce:

michelle
01-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the Link Goody! I will read this also. If anyone knows of any other good links I should read...please post them. I know where the transcripts are...and I have read may reviews on the evidence. I am just trying...like I said before....to get a good middle ground of the "many facts" that are out there! Like the McDonald case...there are many "facts" from many sources, that all tell a different version of the "facts". Like I said guys...thanks for helping me try to sort this out. It's like the further I read...the more I get confused. :chicken: I am, at this moment, still standing firm in my ignorant bliss that Darlie and Darin were in this together. :doh: Straighten me out guys.:truce: dean, do you think mcdonald is guilty??

deanws
01-19-2006, 05:29 PM
dean, do you think mcdonald is guilty??If I believe the "trail of blood" evidence, then yes, he is guilty. If that was really done correctly, and I have no reason to doubt that it wasn't done right, then one can't come to any other conclusion. As for the speculation about what they were fighting about???? That is, and will always be up in the air, not that it matters anyway. I do believe that he didn't mean to kill the first child. I think it was done by accident when he was killing Collette. Then of course he then had to kill the younger one to make the "hippy, acid is groovy" crap story work. This has to be one of the most horror killings around. He killed his pregnant wife and those precious baby girls!!!!! Geeze....what a freaking loser. It makes me cry to think about it.

michelle
01-19-2006, 05:36 PM
If I believe the "trail of blood" evidence, then yes, he is guilty. If that was really done correctly, and I have no reason to doubt that it wasn't done right, then one can't come to any other conclusion. As for the speculation about what they were fighting about???? That is, and will always be up in the air, not that it matters anyway. I do believe that he didn't mean to kill the first child. I think it was done by accident when he was killing Collette. Then of course he then had to kill the younger one to make the "hippy, acid is groovy" crap story work. This has to be one of the most horror killings around. He killed his pregnant wife and those precious baby girls!!!!! Geeze....what a freaking loser. It makes me cry to think about it. me too, he has a website i have lurked there before i am just as curious about that murder as i am darlie, but i havent read the evidence or anything so i feel like i am on the fence with both of those, they are similar though.....I need to get on amazon and get some books on those two murders and freshen up...I swear though it is unbelievable that a parent can do this, i remember reading in my psych class that parents who kill usually do a soft kill, or when they do kill them they wrap them in a blanket and put them in the woods but close to home ( which that reminds me of jacolyn dowalliby) or they drown them, but to brutally stab, that is rage....Its horrible...

deanws
01-19-2006, 05:51 PM
me too, he has a website i have lurked there before i am just as curious about that murder as i am darlie, but i havent read the evidence or anything so i feel like i am on the fence with both of those, they are similar though.....I need to get on amazon and get some books on those two murders and freshen up...I swear though it is unbelievable that a parent can do this, i remember reading in my psych class that parents who kill usually do a soft kill, or when they do kill them they wrap them in a blanket and put them in the woods but close to home ( which that reminds me of jacolyn dowalliby) or they drown them, but to brutally stab, that is rage....Its horrible...Yep...there was certainly rage directed at those poor Routier boys. :(

Goody
01-19-2006, 08:18 PM
I think if he had been wearing a shirt, the evidence might have told an interesting story! I know....would have, could have, should have.....:doh: don't help nuthin! LOL...just the Texas drawl in me! :slap: :slap: Really, I think Darin keeping his mouth shut about the "specifics" of the crime, and continuing to talk about Darlie's beauty, big double D's,:sick: :sick: :sick: made him look like a foolish country bumkin...worked to his advantage. He is not nearly as stupid as he played to be, and it all worked in his favor.
On this we totally agree!:clap:

Goody
01-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the Link Goody! I will read this also. If anyone knows of any other good links I should read...please post them. I know where the transcripts are...and I have read may reviews on the evidence. I am just trying...like I said before....to get a good middle ground of the "many facts" that are out there! Like the MacDonald case...there are many "facts" from many sources, that all tell a different version of the "facts". Like I said guys...thanks for helping me try to sort this out. It's like the further I read...the more I get confused. :chicken: I am, at this moment, still standing firm in my ignorant bliss that Darlie and Darin were in this together. :doh: Straighten me out guys.:truce:
One thing about Darin that you will just love is that you can put him on either side of the equation and come up with a list that supports it. He appears as innocent in some areas as he appears guilty in others, but nothing seals the deal either way.

Goody
01-19-2006, 08:23 PM
me too, he has a website i have lurked there before i am just as curious about that murder as i am darlie, but i havent read the evidence or anything so i feel like i am on the fence with both of those, they are similar though.....I need to get on amazon and get some books on those two murders and freshen up...I swear though it is unbelievable that a parent can do this, i remember reading in my psych class that parents who kill usually do a soft kill, or when they do kill them they wrap them in a blanket and put them in the woods but close to home ( which that reminds me of jacolyn dowalliby) or they drown them, but to brutally stab, that is rage....Its horrible...
Or just cold hearted indifference, which to me is worse than rage.

Goody
01-19-2006, 08:29 PM
If I believe the "trail of blood" evidence, then yes, he is guilty. If that was really done correctly, and I have no reason to doubt that it wasn't done right, then one can't come to any other conclusion. As for the speculation about what they were fighting about???? That is, and will always be up in the air, not that it matters anyway. I do believe that he didn't mean to kill the first child. I think it was done by accident when he was killing Collette. Then of course he then had to kill the younger one to make the "hippy, acid is groovy" crap story work. This has to be one of the most horror killings around. He killed his pregnant wife and those precious baby girls!!!!! Geeze....what a freaking loser. It makes me cry to think about it.
He probably wanted out from under the financial burden of a growing family and didn't want to pay child support. Maybe it all just came to a head that night and he did flip out but a lot more planning seems to have gone into that one than the Routier murders.

Goody
01-19-2006, 08:35 PM
I think people have been under worse stress-type situations without it affecting the results. The problem with Darin and the polygraph test is that he wasn't telling the truth. So, nothing they did and nothing he did was going to make the test come out any differently. I guess I'm just missing where you're going with this.
I can accept that. I see in that article he says he was only quetioned for 90 minutes before the tests. I thought it was a lot longer than that. Interestingly enough I was watching Forensic Files this evening and the Craft case was on. He's the guy in Connecticut who put his wife's frozen body through a woodchipper in the middle of a blizzard and became Connecticut's first conviction without a body, thanks to Dr Lee, I might add. Anyway, he was lying thru his teeth and he passed his polygraph. A policeman said people who believe they can get away with a crime and feel no remorse CAN pass a polygraph. They didn't get into the other end of it though.

Goody
01-19-2006, 08:42 PM
But..Goody...I think that is WHY he became irritated!! He knew he was being asked questions that would point to him being involved and knew that they could put him in jail also if the police looked closer at him and found some evidence against him. At the time, I believe Pardo thought Darlie was innocent, and Darin was the ONLY guilty party. I think Pardo became upset when he asked LE to open up the investigation again to look at Darin, and apparently they either didn't want to...or they did and couldn't find enough against him to do anything thing about it. Either way, Pardo wasn't satisfied with it and picked up his toys (money) and went home. Guys....the question...Were you involved in any plan to commit a crime in your home in June of 1996?" pretty much sums up that he did help! Let's review the questions Darin was asked.................. " Were you involved in any plan to commit a crime in your home in June of 1996?"; "Do you know who exactly left that sock in the alleyway?"; "Did you yourself stab Darlie on June 6, 1996?" and "Can you name the person who stabbed your sons?"
Now ....Do you see why he got upset!?!?! Heck, I would have been running out of the place too! He failed all four questions!!:eek:
Amazing that he was hoodwinked into doing it. I think the statements of Stephen Cooper pretty much give Darin a pass though, esp since he is Darlie's appellate atty who should be wanting to use Darin as a scapegoat. Instead he says the opposite. Like I've said before, you can find as many things to go to innocence as you can to go to guilt where this guy is concerned. I think the thing that makes him appear guilty the most is this misplaced, undying loyalty to Darlie when there is so much physical evidence against her. It defies reason unless he is guilty, too.

deanws
01-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Amazing that he was hoodwinked into doing it. I think the statements of Stephen Cooper pretty much give Darin a pass though, esp since he is Darlie's appellate atty who should be wanting to use Darin as a scapegoat. Instead he says the opposite. Like I've said before, you can find as many things to go to innocence as you can to go to guilt where this guy is concerned. I think the thing that makes him appear guilty the most is this misplaced, undying loyalty to Darlie when there is so much physical evidence against her. It defies reason unless he is guilty, too. Or scared that Darlie could say something that might send the police looking in the right direction for proof that he is involved. But...until she finds out that there is no escape...and that she IS going to go down on this...she isn't going to say anything important. IF..and that is IF she has ever said anything important regarding this murder.

beesy
01-20-2006, 12:16 AM
If I believe the "trail of blood" evidence, then yes, he is guilty. If that was really done correctly, and I have no reason to doubt that it wasn't done right, then one can't come to any other conclusion. As for the speculation about what they were fighting about???? That is, and will always be up in the air, not that it matters anyway. I do believe that he didn't mean to kill the first child. I think it was done by accident when he was killing Collette. Then of course he then had to kill the younger one to make the "hippy, acid is groovy" crap story work. This has to be one of the most horror killings around. He killed his pregnant wife and those precious baby girls!!!!! Geeze....what a freaking loser. It makes me cry to think about it. His story doesn't hold true. A group of crazed drugged hippies savagely killing 4 people and all they do is knock over a coffee table? The bodies were moved, Colette and Jeff's pj tops match blood smears on a sheet...on and on and on. Cami pointed out to me that the large gaping wound on Kim's face could not have come from the backswing of the club as Jeff nailed Colette. Nobody's backswing is that strong. McGinniss described her face wound as an aerial view of the Grand Canyon. http://www.thejeffreymacdonaldcase.com/ Have you seen this site? It's amazing the work she's done

Goody
01-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Or scared that Darlie could say something that might send the police looking in the right direction for proof that he is involved. But...until she finds out that there is no escape...and that she IS going to go down on this...she isn't going to say anything important. IF..and that is IF she has ever said anything important regarding this murder.
Darin is probably trapped between what he knows (or did) and Darlie's family who are expecting his loyalty and maybe even suspicious of him at this point. I will bet that he has confessed to Mom though. His mom, that is. And hers, too, if he had nothing to do with the actual murders. I know my boys would eventually tell me no matter how bad it was . I do think think out of the two Routiers, Darin is the one most likely to have enough conscience to be haunted by this.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane
02-04-2006, 11:29 AM
He has not confessed anything to Mama Darlie. She would have killed him on the spot and we would be discussing that instead.
The boys were her beloved grandsons and Darlie Lynn would not come before them. In fact if Mama Darlie thought Darlie Lynn did it---- stand back another murder to discuss.

deanws
02-04-2006, 03:22 PM
He has not confessed anything to Mama Darlie. She would have killed him on the spot and we would be discussing that instead.
The boys were her beloved grandsons and Darlie Lynn would not come before them. In fact if Mama Darlie thought Darlie Lynn did it---- stand back another murder to discuss.LMAO!!! I think she was talking about Darin's mother. But, I got a visual on Momma Kee smacking Darin upside the head! :slap: LOL...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That would be funny! This group is WT in their behavior.

Goody
02-05-2006, 10:31 PM
The boys were her beloved grandsons and Darlie Lynn would not come before them. In fact if Mama Darlie thought Darlie Lynn did it---- stand back another murder to discuss.
No, I meant his mother, Sarilda. But I am not so sure Mama Darlie does not know what happened,. Someone said that she said once that if Darlie did it, "we" would forgive her.

Goody
02-05-2006, 10:32 PM
LMAO!!! I think she was talking about Darin's mother. But, I got a visual on Momma Kee smacking Darin upside the head! :slap: LOL...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That would be funny! This group is WT in their behavior.
Goody is slow. What is WT? I want to know what I am.:waitasec:

Jeana (DP)
02-06-2006, 11:56 AM

I don't think so. She and I had emails back and forth and I didn't get this impression whatever. She's out to save her daughter's life and she basically said killing Darlie won't bring them back.

Goody
02-07-2006, 09:36 PM
I don't think so. She and I had emails back and forth and I didn't get this impression whatever. She's out to save her daughter's life and she basically said killing Darlie won't bring them back.
That's why I don't think she should be on death row. That and the fact that she probably will never be a threat to society.

deanws
02-08-2006, 01:32 AM
Goody is slow. What is WT? I want to know what I am.:waitasec: I was calling Darlie's family behavior at the trial WT...White Trash. I no call Goody WT. :D

Jeana (DP)
02-08-2006, 11:18 AM
That's why I don't think she should be on death row. That and the fact that she probably will never be a threat to society.

I think anyone who could slaughter two of her children in her sleep will ALWAYS be a threat to society.

Goody
02-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I was calling Darlie's family behavior at the trial WT...White Trash. I no call Goody WT. :D
Goody is relieved. hahahahahah.

Goody
02-08-2006, 11:12 PM
I think anyone who could slaughter two of her children in her sleep will ALWAYS be a threat to society.
I thought a threat to society was someone who might reoffend. Don't the stats show that women and children who commit these kinds of crimes do not reoffend if given freedom at some point? (Excluding the crazies)

Jeana (DP)
02-09-2006, 10:07 AM
I thought a threat to society was someone who might reoffend. Don't the stats show that women and children who commit these kinds of crimes do not reoffend if given freedom at some point? (Excluding the crazies)

I think we have to assume that its possible she could murder again.

deanws
02-09-2006, 04:30 PM
I think we have to assume that its possible she could murder again.I agree. There is the one child left and I am sure she can still have others. It would be a shame for her to be able to become free one day. I don't care if she was 90! I can't imagine what her poor boys thought as she, their MOM stabbed them to death. She deserves to be killed as sentenced.:behindbar IMO she was and still remains a threat to society.

Mary456
02-09-2006, 05:21 PM
I think we have to assume that its possible she could murder again.

Oh, come on. Look at Jeff MacDonald and Darlie and Deborah Green, Susan Smith, and a million other mother/fathers who have killed their children. What are the chances that those same circumstances will ever converge again to cause a lack of control?

None. They were young, and didn't realize that they had other choices. Sharon Rocha put it best: "Divorce was always an option." Of course, it is, but sometimes young people, pressured by family, religion, God, don't see any other way out.

I'm not making excuses for them. I just think we need to look at each case, and determine if they're capable of further violence. In Darlie's case, I would say "No", she's not capable of further violence. She doesn't deserve the death penalty. (Of course, imo, no one does :)

Jeana (DP)
02-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Oh, come on. Look at Jeff MacDonald and Darlie and Deborah Green, Susan Smith, and a million other mother/fathers who have killed their children. What are the chances that those same circumstances will ever converge again to cause a lack of control?

None. They were young, and didn't realize that they had other choices. Sharon Rocha put it best: "Divorce was always an option." Of course, it is, but sometimes young people, pressured by family, religion, God, don't see any other way out.

I'm not making excuses for them. I just think we need to look at each case, and determine if they're capable of further violence. In Darlie's case, I would say "No", she's not capable of further violence. She doesn't deserve the death penalty. (Of course, imo, no one does :)

They're in prison. Whose to say they wouldn't do something like that again? She slaughtered two little boys - her OWN little boys. I think once you've done something this horrendous, anything is possible. This is what the death penalty is for - cases just like this.

beesy
02-09-2006, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE]Oh, come on. Look at Jeff MacDonald and Darlie and Deborah Green, Susan Smith, and a million other mother/fathers who have killed their children. What are the chances that those same circumstances will ever converge again to cause a lack of control
Let's not put Dr. Mac in that group. What he did to his family took a long time to do. He smashed in his older girl's face and head. He hit Colette so hard her blood was inside the closet. Then he carried Kim to her bed and hit her some more. He raised that club so violently that it scraped the ceiling in her room! Her brain serum was on the master bedroom door. Then he stabbed his baby girl, caught his pregnant wife as she staggered in to help Kris and beat her to death. She fell across Kris' bed and bled out. He then picked her up, returned her to the bedroom and stabbed her so hard with an icepick it went to the hilt. He also stabbed Kim and cut her throat. So many wounds they couldn't count them. He then gave himself a boo-boo. This is was not any five minute thing. This man has been diagnosed with personality disorders. He has sexual issues. His father-in-law believed the fight started because he was molesting Kim. He is a bad person, to the core.

deanws
02-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Let's not put Dr. Mac in that group. What he did to his family took a long time to do. He smashed in his older girl's face and head. He hit Colette so hard her blood was inside the closet. Then he carried Kim to her bed and hit her some more. He raised that club so violently that it scraped the ceiling in her room! Her brain serum was on the master bedroom door. Then he stabbed his baby girl, caught his pregnant wife as she staggered in to help Kris and beat her to death. She fell across Kris' bed and bled out. He then picked her up, returned her to the bedroom and stabbed her so hard with an icepick it went to the hilt. He also stabbed Kim and cut her throat. So many wounds they couldn't count them. He then gave himself a boo-boo. This is was not any five minute thing. This man has been diagnosed with personality disorders. He has sexual issues. His father-in-law believed the fight started because he was molesting Kim. He is a bad person, to the core. He is a monster. It hurts to even think about that case. So very sad. It gives me nightmares everytime I study it again. I still wonder WTH is wrong with that stupid women that married him.:loser:

Goody
02-11-2006, 12:12 AM

I agree with everything except the last sentence. I think some people do deserve it, I even think Darlie deserves it, but there is this little thing called mercy that should kick in when the chances of rehab are high and reoffense is low.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane
02-11-2006, 12:23 AM
I ve always been skeptical but if it helps Sylvia Brown is well known for her abilities and she is a regular guest on Montel Williams. You could go take a trip to one of her seminars and ask her about your sister or Darlie. I think she has helped police catch criminal before. I think she already answered the Darlie question too.

Goody
02-11-2006, 12:25 AM
I ve always been skeptical but if it helps Sylvia Brown is well known for her abilities and she is a regular guest on Montel Williams. You could go take a trip to one of her seminars and ask her about your sister or Darlie. I think she has helped police catch criminal before. I think she already answered the Darlie question too.
What did she say?

I think I would want someone who works more often with police than Sylvia. Besides she charges hundred and hundreds of dollars. I think a phone reading is about $400. Too rich for my blood, that is for sure.

Say, Jane, how old did you say Darlie was when you babysat her? Just wondering.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane
02-13-2006, 03:32 PM
I would be guessing as to exact age it was in 78, 79 when I was a newlywed.
I was not her full time day care it was for going out in the evening mainly, that Mama Darlie had me sit her. I also would sit her playmate daughter of our mutual friend as both couples resided in the same complex and lived on top of each other. I lived on the same level and side as Darlie did but way down on the other end. I was childless and usually kept Darlie and her friend together at my home. I had no toys, no other children to play with, I didn't take them anywhere except maybe someplace free like the park or swimming at the complex pool. While I was never mean to them I would not say I was their favorite sitter, going to my house was boring.

Darlie, when she sat my kids however, would plan things to do with my kids, I felt so bad once she sat for me cause I could barely afford to pay for the sitter and going out and she took my kids to a movie, even the baby who couldn't have understood the Disney show she had taken them too. I know she spent more on them than I paid her. Taking a baby to a movie is very challenging for any adult let alone a high school age girl. You know how aggravating it gets when a baby cries in the theatre. She bought them popcorn cokes, candy too, when she sat for me she doted on my kids.
You guys should have seen her when her sister Dana was born. You would have thought Dana was Darlie Lynn's the way she doted on her too. Mama Darlie and I were pregnant at the same time so my daughter is close in age to Dana and my boys are close in age to Danielle.

I was around Darlie alot though as we visited and played cards, almost every night for many years.

Someone else had asked if she showed any depression as a child.
I never saw her do the stuff we associate with depression, be moody and withdrawn at the same time. Not want to be with friends, give up favorite activities to sulk, lack of motivation to enjoy activities previous enjoyed.

She was always very social and liked making friends and spending time with them. As I have stated before nothing I ever witnessed would lead to the conclusion that Darlie was . When she moved away to the Dallas area I didn't see her as often. If the family came down together I was more interested in seeing Mama Darlie than Darlie Lynn.
I was not a peer as someone erronously thought. Darlie was always a good kid she didn't get into trouble with the law ( early years, not now). I think she probably wrapped a few house with toilet paper. I have no specific story only assumptions cause it seems like every home on our block, even now, with Jr. High -Sr. High kids gets wrapped at some point in their adolescence. It happened that way when I was a kid back in the old Dirk West days when your dad would climb on the roof to adjust the antenna for better reception. It still goes on now. Typical stuff we might have all done ourselves. She went thru the phone is growing out of her ear stage in her teen years. Whose teenage daughter didn't. I know my mother thought at one point that she would have to have it ( the phone) amputated from my ear.

Goody
02-13-2006, 11:40 PM
I would be guessing as to exact age it was in 78, 79 when I was a newlywed.
That would have made her about 9 or 10.

Someone else had asked if she showed any depression as a child.
I never saw her do the stuff we associate with depression, be moody and withdrawn at the same time. Not want to be with friends, give up favorite activities to sulk, lack of motivation to enjoy activities previous enjoyed.
Depression gets worse as the years go by, so I would think that one who has it as a child would show very few outward signs if any. Even adults can hide it very successfully for many years. I would just be surprised with what Darlie went thru in her early years that she didn't suffer from depression.

.....Whose teenage daughter didn't. I know my mother thought at one point that she would have to have it ( the phone) amputated from my ear.
Mine just put a lock on the phone so I couldn't use it. LOL!

G.I.RattlesnakeJane
02-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Darlie was kinda normal so i know I'm boring you with this. She was very young when she and Mama Darlie left her dad. She didn't really miss something she never knew very well anyway. So their divorce was not a traumatic event for her. She adapted to the situation very well and her 2nd father was not an bad parent to her either despite was some folks have said about him.

Goody
02-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Darlie was kinda normal so i know I'm boring you with this. She was very young when she and Mama Darlie left her dad. She didn't really miss something she never knew very well anyway. So their divorce was not a traumatic event for her. She adapted to the situation very well and her 2nd father was not an bad parent to her either despite was some folks have said about him.
Darlie accused him of fondling her. That is not very good, is it?

Goody
02-14-2006, 12:30 AM
Unless she was under the age of three, it had to have an emotional impact on her, esp in light of the fact that they moved back and forth across the country disrupting her school life and friendships.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane
02-14-2006, 09:52 AM
I do believe she was a baby when she left Pennsylvania. She went to school mainly in Lubbock. Odessa for a year and back to Lubbock.

deanws
02-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Darlie accused him of fondling her. That is not very good, is it?That is what I was thinking also!:doh:

txsvicki
02-15-2006, 01:35 AM
GI Jane, I'd like to ask if you know anything about Darlie's junior high and high school experience here in Lubbock. You said that she never got into trouble so I assume that she didn't run with a tough crowd, and wasn't an honor society student. I'm sure you know and remember how Lubbock is and wonder if Darlie was one of the popular students who become cheerleaders, home coming queens, etc? How does Darlie's school life compare to someone, for instance, like Natalie Maines (one of the Dixie Chiks)? tks

Goody
02-15-2006, 08:14 PM
I do believe she was a baby when she left Pennsylvania. She went to school mainly in Lubbock. Odessa for a year and back to Lubbock.
She moved out of Pennsylvania twice and to Texas twice. The last time I think she was an early teen. I could look it up but I am too lazy. It is in her testimony, I think.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane
02-15-2006, 09:44 PM
GI Jane, I'd like to ask if you know anything about Darlie's junior high and high school experience here in Lubbock. You said that she never got into trouble so I assume that she didn't run with a tough crowd, and wasn't an honor society student. I'm sure you know and remember how Lubbock is and wonder if Darlie was one of the popular students who become cheerleaders, home coming queens, etc? How does Darlie's school life compare to someone, for instance, like Natalie Maines (one of the Dixie Chiks)? tks
Considering we all went to school with the Schultz sisters, future Dallas cowboys cheerleaders, and the youngest one was a Miss Teen Texas. If your daddy didn't have a lot of money or you weren't extremely talented she wouldn't have made cheerleader. LORD, the competition for those things is as bad as Channel View where the mother tried to hire hit men all about the football in Texas. My little sister and Darlie went to high school together I'll ask her which crowd she hung out with, Stoners, Nerds, Goths, Wanna Bees, Popular People, each generation has their own name for the cliques they form. My sister was a Nerd like her other sisters before her, if you played in the Orchestra, Band or were a memeber of the Science Club you were a Nerd.

Goody
02-17-2006, 01:26 AM
Considering we all went to school with the Schultz sisters, future Dallas cowboys cheerleaders, and the youngest one was a Miss Teen Texas. If your daddy didn't have a lot of money or you weren't extremely talented she wouldn't have made cheerleader. LORD, the competition for those things is as bad as Channel View where the mother tried to hire hit men all about the football in Texas. My little sister and Darlie went to high school together I'll ask her which crowd she hung out with, Stoners, Nerds, Goths, Wanna Bees, Popular People, each generation has their own name for the cliques they form. My sister was a Nerd like her other sisters before her, if you played in the Orchestra, Band or were a memeber of the Science Club you were a Nerd.
Please do. That would be interesting to know. Anything your sister can contribute about her perception of Darlie would be welcomed, too.