View Full Version : Identified! Female, 30-45, Died Jan 1986-Jan 1987, El Dorado County, California- Robbin Simpson
02-08-2006, 07:12 PM
* The victim was discovered on June 12, 1987 in El Dorado County, California
* Estimated Date of Death: 6 - 18 months
* Severely Decomposed/Skeletal
* Estimated age: 30-45 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"-5'4".
* Distinguishing Characteristics: She had a pair of tattoos, one on each breast: one of a flower, possibly a rose; the other a bird design. A third tattoo on her hip possbily depicts a peace symbol about the size of a quarter.
* Clothing: The victim was clad only in a pair of jeans, but she was wearing distinctive jewelry. The jewelry is described as a necklace with an abalone-shell center surrounded by three silvercolored feathers. A single hoop earring is gold colored. A crucifix is silver-colored with white, sparkling stones. ***See link for scanned photos (bad scans) of jewelry.
The victim was located along Highway 50, near Greewnstone Road, in El Dorado County, California on June 12, 1987.
She may be a victim of the "I-5 Killer". Roger Kibbe was arrested for the slaying of 17-year old Darcie Renae Frackenpohl who's body was discovered September 17, 1987, off Highway 50 on the Lake Tahoe side of Echo Summit. Kibbe may be responsible for the deaths of at least seven women in the Northern California area. The only link detectives have with her death and the "I-5 Killer" is that her clothes were cut in a manner similar to the technique consistently used by the "I-5 Killer".
02-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Mary Darlene Evans
Missing since October 1, 1986 from Vacaville, Solano County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing
* Date Of Birth: September 15, 1943
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 43 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 140 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. She wears eyeglasses.
* AKA: Dolly Evans
* Clothing: She was last seen wearing a pink dress, false eye-lashes and high heels. She wore two or three rings, a gold bracelet and a white bracelet.
* Dentals: Available
1. I am the first to say the scans are BAD of the unidentified woman, but they do show the cheekbones, chin, eye shape, etc.. I find the photo a very close match.
2. Age and height (the two stats available) are a match.
3. There is no information about any tattoos Mary might have had. I did a google search and found an official site, and the Charley Project page, but they all had the same limited information as above.
4. There is only mention of earrings and necklaces on the Jane Doe - there is no mention of either for Mary.
5. The County where Jane Doe was found and the place where Mary disappeared are less than 1.5hrs apart
***I REALLY think this is a close match.
02-08-2006, 08:01 PM
**Note: Photo was taken around 1970
Patricia Lynn Thompson Barwarth Jarvis
Missing since 1986 from Arizona.
* Date Of Birth: December 19, 1950
* Age at Time of Disappearance: Early 30's
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 125 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair with auburn tint, has been colored blonde before
* Nickname: Kim
* AKA: Mathews, Lotsos, Dongoto, Cockrell & Anderson.
* Other: Alcoholism
Circumstances of Disappearance
Patricia last talked to her sister in the early 1980's. At that time, she said she was living in Arizona, and married to an Eric Karl Jarvis with five children.
It was recently learned that Eric has been in prison.
Kim Jarvis has used many aliases over the years, along with different birthdates.
In November of 1985, she was hospitalized in Price, Utah for acute alcoholism. In December of 1985, she was arrested in Contra Costa County, California. In February of 1986, she was again arrested in Price & Helper, Utah.
There is no record of Kim after 1986.
The family is attempting to file a police report.
1. Although the photo is dated, there is a resemblence around the chin area and possibly around the eye area.
2. She is within the age estimate, but is listed as 1" taller.
3. She was known to be in California in 1985. Contra Costa County (used San Francisco as a city), is about 2.5 hours away from where Jane Doe was found.
02-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Other possible people, but I don't think its them.
Valerie Ann Larkin
Missing since December 31, 1985 from Needles, San Bernardino County, California
Sue Woodrum Bean
Missing since December 21, 1985 from Silver Creek, Burnet County, Texas
**I had a hard time deciding... but ultimately I don't think its her.
Birdie Lucille Thomas Leonard
Missing since September 11, 1985 from Coleman, Coleman County, Texas.
Althea Lanelle Rogers
Missing since October 2, 1985 from Georgetown, Williamson County, Texas.
Vernette Lorraine Wester
Missing since November 21, 1985 from Tempe, Maricopa County, Arizona.
***There is a resemblence, but apparently she had some obvious scars that would have been mentioned if it was her?
*** I looked through over two years from January 1987 back. I also checked out the National Center for missing people. These are the best possibilities I can come up with.
Perhaps, once there is a better photo available of the reconstruction there will be more to go on?
09-27-2009, 09:42 AM
According to 'doenetwork', the victim was finally identified:
"The victim was located on June 12, 1987 in El Dorado County, California. She was identified as Robbin Simpson. The case is still an open homicide investigation."
Bumping this, can a mod mark her as identified?
06-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Drop a PM to Cubby when you need board maintenance.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.