View Full Version : Identified! Female, 30-45, Died Jan 1986-Jan 1987, El Dorado County, California- Robbin Simpson
02-08-2006, 07:12 PM
* The victim was discovered on June 12, 1987 in El Dorado County, California
* Estimated Date of Death: 6 - 18 months
* Severely Decomposed/Skeletal
* Estimated age: 30-45 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"-5'4".
* Distinguishing Characteristics: She had a pair of tattoos, one on each breast: one of a flower, possibly a rose; the other a bird design. A third tattoo on her hip possbily depicts a peace symbol about the size of a quarter.
* Clothing: The victim was clad only in a pair of jeans, but she was wearing distinctive jewelry. The jewelry is described as a necklace with an abalone-shell center surrounded by three silvercolored feathers. A single hoop earring is gold colored. A crucifix is silver-colored with white, sparkling stones. ***See link for scanned photos (bad scans) of jewelry.
The victim was located along Highway 50, near Greewnstone Road, in El Dorado County, California on June 12, 1987.
She may be a victim of the "I-5 Killer". Roger Kibbe was arrested for the slaying of 17-year old Darcie Renae Frackenpohl who's body was discovered September 17, 1987, off Highway 50 on the Lake Tahoe side of Echo Summit. Kibbe may be responsible for the deaths of at least seven women in the Northern California area. The only link detectives have with her death and the "I-5 Killer" is that her clothes were cut in a manner similar to the technique consistently used by the "I-5 Killer".
02-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Mary Darlene Evans
Missing since October 1, 1986 from Vacaville, Solano County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing
* Date Of Birth: September 15, 1943
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 43 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 140 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. She wears eyeglasses.
* AKA: Dolly Evans
* Clothing: She was last seen wearing a pink dress, false eye-lashes and high heels. She wore two or three rings, a gold bracelet and a white bracelet.
* Dentals: Available
1. I am the first to say the scans are BAD of the unidentified woman, but they do show the cheekbones, chin, eye shape, etc.. I find the photo a very close match.
2. Age and height (the two stats available) are a match.
3. There is no information about any tattoos Mary might have had. I did a google search and found an official site, and the Charley Project page, but they all had the same limited information as above.
4. There is only mention of earrings and necklaces on the Jane Doe - there is no mention of either for Mary.
5. The County where Jane Doe was found and the place where Mary disappeared are less than 1.5hrs apart
***I REALLY think this is a close match.
02-08-2006, 08:01 PM
**Note: Photo was taken around 1970
Patricia Lynn Thompson Barwarth Jarvis
Missing since 1986 from Arizona.
* Date Of Birth: December 19, 1950
* Age at Time of Disappearance: Early 30's
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 125 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair with auburn tint, has been colored blonde before
* Nickname: Kim
* AKA: Mathews, Lotsos, Dongoto, Cockrell & Anderson.
* Other: Alcoholism
Circumstances of Disappearance
Patricia last talked to her sister in the early 1980's. At that time, she said she was living in Arizona, and married to an Eric Karl Jarvis with five children.
It was recently learned that Eric has been in prison.
Kim Jarvis has used many aliases over the years, along with different birthdates.
In November of 1985, she was hospitalized in Price, Utah for acute alcoholism. In December of 1985, she was arrested in Contra Costa County, California. In February of 1986, she was again arrested in Price & Helper, Utah.
There is no record of Kim after 1986.
The family is attempting to file a police report.
1. Although the photo is dated, there is a resemblence around the chin area and possibly around the eye area.
2. She is within the age estimate, but is listed as 1" taller.
3. She was known to be in California in 1985. Contra Costa County (used San Francisco as a city), is about 2.5 hours away from where Jane Doe was found.
02-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Other possible people, but I don't think its them.
Valerie Ann Larkin
Missing since December 31, 1985 from Needles, San Bernardino County, California
Sue Woodrum Bean
Missing since December 21, 1985 from Silver Creek, Burnet County, Texas
**I had a hard time deciding... but ultimately I don't think its her.
Birdie Lucille Thomas Leonard
Missing since September 11, 1985 from Coleman, Coleman County, Texas.
Althea Lanelle Rogers
Missing since October 2, 1985 from Georgetown, Williamson County, Texas.
Vernette Lorraine Wester
Missing since November 21, 1985 from Tempe, Maricopa County, Arizona.
***There is a resemblence, but apparently she had some obvious scars that would have been mentioned if it was her?
*** I looked through over two years from January 1987 back. I also checked out the National Center for missing people. These are the best possibilities I can come up with.
Perhaps, once there is a better photo available of the reconstruction there will be more to go on?
09-27-2009, 09:42 AM
According to 'doenetwork', the victim was finally identified:
"The victim was located on June 12, 1987 in El Dorado County, California. She was identified as Robbin Simpson. The case is still an open homicide investigation."
Bumping this, can a mod mark her as identified?
06-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Drop a PM to Cubby when you need board maintenance.
11-18-2014, 02:58 AM
Has anyone been able to find any information about this woman other than her name? I can't seem to find anything beyond what is here.
11-18-2014, 03:11 AM
I cannot find anything other than what has been posted here, that is is a homicide investigation. :(
11-18-2014, 04:21 AM
That's about all I found. :( I hope they're still working on this case after all this time. I know that they cut a deal with him in exchange for a guilty plea in six murders in 2008 or 2009, and I wonder if that means they have set this case aside.
11-25-2014, 12:03 AM
The only mention I found for her is as "Robin Simpson" on page 8 of this court filing by Kibbe's public defender asking the courts to dismiss charges: http://www.recordnet.com/assets/pdf/SR491531.PDF.
There is some detailed, possibly graphic for some, grand jury testimony in there in case some folks don't want to delve into what Kibbe admitted doing to his victims. The part that mentions Robin/Robbin is:
They showed him a picture of a Robin Simpson whose body was found near Placerville. (PHT 1367:24-25.) He said he didn't kill her. (PHT 1368:1-3.)
11-26-2014, 06:23 AM
He said he didn't kill Karen Finch, too, but he knew they couldn't prove it via DNA because she had a boyfriend at the time that she had seen the night before she was killed, so while they couldn't rule Kibbe out as the second DNA source, they also couldn't confirm it was him. That evidence would have had to be turned over to his defense attorney, so he could have refused to confess in her case with reasonable belief they wouldn't charge him. But police are almost certain he killed her, and he supposedly admitted it to a cellmate at one point (or so Bruce Henderson claimed in his book).
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here. If there wasn't a possibility of getting DNA or other forensic evidence in Robbin's case and he knew it (via his lawyer), I'm sure he wouldn't admit to it. He only admitted to any of his victims when they confronted him with DNA evidence in 2009, even though he confessed to his wife back in 1988 or so, when they first charged him with Darcie Frackenpohl's murder. He told her he killed four women total, which was a lie, but they could only connect Stephanie Brown, Charmaine Sabrah and Lora Heedick enough for the judge to let prosecutors use them in his 1991 trial (same book).
As far as I know, the only victim he ever admitted without forensic/DNA evidence linking him to her was Lou Ellen Burleigh, and if I remember correctly, that was because police knew he was the last person who had been seen with her, and made his revealing where he had left her body part of the plea bargain to avoid the death penalty. They wouldn't have been able to make the same deal with Robbin or Karen because they already had their remains. :( I am 100% convinced that he had more victims than the seven he confessed to, though, and I've even found a handful of possibilities in unsolved cases around the area he worked in (tips sent when I felt there was a strong enough possibility). The officers who investigated the case and the FBI both thought he might have 30 or more (again, same book). I would not be the least bit surprised to find out Robbin is one of them.
I just think it's sad that very little is known about some of his victims (Robbin, if she was one of his, along with Katherine Quinones and Barbara Scott). When he wasn't picking up stranded drivers and luring college girls, he targeted women who wouldn't be missed, so it's not too surprising, but I wish more was known about them. It seems so unfair that enough is known about Kibbe to write a book, but nothing is known about some of his victims/potential victims other than their names, and sometimes not even that.
11-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Just putting this out there: There is a birth record (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VLR7-D7Z) for someone with the unique spelling of "Robbin," last name "Simpson," born in 1965 in Placer, California - so the right general area. Placer County borders El Dorado County. The only thing is that this would put the victim in her early 20s when the UID was found, whereas the estimated age range is 30 to 45. The record has a mother's maiden name of Neblett listed.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.