PDA

View Full Version : Men Who've Murdered Their Wives: A Comprehensive List Compiled by Our Sleuthers

Pages : [1] 2

PrayersForMaura
02-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Hi there. Don't know where to put this thread. Thought I'd put it here, since this forum is public but feel free to move it.

There are an awful lot of stories of men killing their wives in the news in recent years, as I am sure there are in past years as well.
Some convicted, some standing trial .... some possibly getting away with murder. Some think OJ Simpson and Robert Blake are guilty.

Let's compile a list of convicted murderers of men who killed their wives and see how many are actually out there. I'm sure there are a lot more than we probably think there are ....

I'll start with the obvious

SCOTT PETERSON

PrayersForMaura
02-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Scott Peterson murdered Laci Peterson (and Conner)
Mark Hacking murdered Lori Hacking
Edited to add victim's names

concernedperson
02-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Neil Entwistle.

cheko1
02-10-2006, 07:41 PM
4. Shaun Rudy killed Christine Rudy

michelle
02-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Brad Cunningham
killed Cheryl Keeton

petra
02-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Shaun Rudy

Quinton Ray

michelle
02-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Alan Blackthorne
it was his ex wife, but still....This list is going to be long.....

michelle
02-10-2006, 07:45 PM
steven sherer

MrsMush99
02-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Jeffrey McDonald

petra
02-10-2006, 07:56 PM
JEFF ANDERSON

I am looking at the located/missing forum..and almost evey other woman is murdered by husband/bf...i have to take a break from it, because i want to:sick:
and just sit down and cry, thinking of all these lives snuffed out and children left motherless (and fatherless as they rot in prison)

michelle
02-10-2006, 08:00 PM
JEFF ANDERSON

I am looking at the located/missing forum..and almost evey other woman is murdered by husband/bf...i have to take a break from it, because i want to:sick:
and just sit down and cry, thinking of all these lives snuffed out and children left motherless (and fatherless as they rot in prison) I know its sick isnt it. These poor wives and mommys.Its heartbreaking...

concernedperson
02-10-2006, 08:02 PM
It is about a break in trust. It doesn't just occur in husband and wife situations.

michelle
02-10-2006, 08:07 PM
It is about a break in trust. It doesn't just occur in husband and wife situations. Oh it can occur in any situation, it is just that your spouse is the last person you would expect to do that. I am sure Laci never thought the man she loved so much would kill her. I know alot of these woman were fearful and had a feeling, and nothing stopped the spouses, once they made up their mind that was it....Its very horrifying....

michelle
02-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Scott Douglas, Killed Ann Scripps Douglas with a hammer.

concernedperson
02-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Oh it can occur in any situation, it is just that your spouse is the last person you would expect to do that. I am sure Laci never thought the man she loved so much would kill her. I know alot of these woman were fearful and had a feeling, and nothing stopped the spouses, once they made up their mind that was it....Its very horrifying....

I know that if I had gotten in the way I would have been next. When you know nothing but abuse it clouds your thinking. I knew that I was a trophy wife even though those terms were not used back then. I knew I had a hairline fracture of the skull. I knew that when he threw me on a friend's front lawn along with my children, there would be no going back. We all survived. With much hardship. I was a kid, I believe I was 19 years old. The best years are the ones after. When my kids get an award for the best salesperson on the east coast and when my daughter landed an especially large account. Things are rougher now for all of us but it is a family trying to survive, even it the odds aren't good.

GreenEyedGirl
02-10-2006, 08:38 PM
I know that if I had gotten in the way I would have been next. When you know nothing but abuse it clouds your thinking. I knew that I was a trophy wife even though those terms were not used back then. I knew I had a hairline fracture of the skull. I knew that when he threw me on a friend's front lawn along with my children, there would be no going back. We all survived. With much hardship. I was a kid, I believe I was 19 years old. The best years are the ones after. When my kids get an award for the best salesperson on the east coast and when my daughter landed an especially large account. Things are rougher now for all of us but it is a family trying to survive, even it the odds aren't good.]

Well, I'm glad you are still around to tell your story. Thank God you survived. I'm sure it has been a rough road, but you are so full of kindness and wisdom. Thank you for sharing that with us.

fran
02-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Melissa Mendoza,.......although her husband hasn't been convicted, he's indicted and admits killing her, he just says it was self defense, (sure, she was shot in the back of the head).

Perry March for killing Janet March in 1996. He's awaiting trial but since his dad has rolled over and knows where the body is, :eek: ......he's toast!

JMHO
fran

aussiegran
02-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Quinton Ray, murdered Sueann ray
Took them a while but they got him :loser:

Michael White murdered pregnant wife Liana White
Anselmo Ricardo Braffith III murdered pregnant wife Jamie Braffith

concernedperson
02-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Quinton Ray, murdered Sueann ray
Took them a while but they got him :loser:

Yes, but they did. Hooray for that.

indigomood
02-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Christian Longo murdered wife Mary Jane and their three children

blueclouds
02-10-2006, 11:13 PM
David Camm, currently on 2nd trial - killed wife & 2 kids, suspected in longterm molestation of 5 yr old daughter

mark hacking

robert blake

claus von bulow

cullen davis (who was aquitted) not only of murdering step daughter & wifes boyfriend and attempted murder of wife BUT ALSO HIRING HITMAN TO KILL PROSECUTOR AND JUDGE....

Robert Durst

John List

blueclouds
02-10-2006, 11:14 PM
JEFF ANDERSON

and just sit down and cry, thinking of all these lives snuffed out and children left motherless (and fatherless as they rot in prison)
not familiar with Jeff Anderson, elaborate?

blueclouds
02-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Michael White - currently charged in Edmonton Alberta - killing PREGNANT Liana, leaving daughter ashley without a mom :(

michelle
02-10-2006, 11:20 PM
I know that if I had gotten in the way I would have been next. When you know nothing but abuse it clouds your thinking. I knew that I was a trophy wife even though those terms were not used back then. I knew I had a hairline fracture of the skull. I knew that when he threw me on a friend's front lawn along with my children, there would be no going back. We all survived. With much hardship. I was a kid, I believe I was 19 years old. The best years are the ones after. When my kids get an award for the best salesperson on the east coast and when my daughter landed an especially large account. Things are rougher now for all of us but it is a family trying to survive, even it the odds aren't good. When i hear peoples stories like this, it makes me think of the burning bed and how woman have no options other then to murder them before they get killed. Its very scary, I am glad too you are still here...My MIL was beat like a dog for 26 years until she finally divorced the creep. I am glad that my DH doesnt talk to his father either, any man who treats a woman like that is NOT welcome in Our house.

kittykat1
02-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Help me out here . . . what is that guys name who lived in Colorado and killed his wife and child? It was just recently in the news. Maybe he was in the army?

kittykat1
02-10-2006, 11:28 PM
The other Peterson in Durham. Killed his wife by pushing her down the stairs.

kittykat1
02-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Does the rabbi count who had his wife killed in New Jersey? Fred Neulander is his name.

Gozgals
02-10-2006, 11:37 PM
John List murdered his mother, wife and three children in their home in Westfield, New Jersey in 1971.

May they all rest in peace.

cheko1
02-10-2006, 11:43 PM
OJ Simpson: killed Nicole Simpson got away with it!

indigomood
02-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Col. George Marecek (Green Beret) murdered his wife Viparet

indigomood
02-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Mick Fletcher murdered his pregnant wife Leann

In response to the slaying of Leann Fletcher who was pregnant at the time, the Michigan Legislature revised its penal code regarding assaults that result in the death of fetus.

altruist1000
02-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Charles Stuart murdered wife Carol Stuart, 8 months pregnant 1989 Boston, MA

chiefs_fan_4life
02-11-2006, 02:15 AM
In 2000, Raymond Wood shot to death his wife, Tina Wood, and shot her six young children (18 months to 10 years). The two youngest children survived.

michelle
02-11-2006, 06:39 AM
Does Robert Blake qualify in this category?:waitasec:

Shadow205
02-11-2006, 08:57 AM
DICKIE F. WIMMER

On the evening of January 15, 1979, the appellant, Dickie F. Wimmer, who was separated from his wife, and who had been drinking, visited an apartment where his wife and two infant children were staying with friends. After the appellant entered the apartment his wife's friends left, leaving her and the children alone with the appellant.

At around 9:00 p.m. a neighbor heard four or five shots coming from the apartment. Some fifteen minutes later an excited man, who was later identified as the appellant, appeared at another neighbor's door and asked the neighbor to call an ambulance. Upon arriving at the scene the ambulance driver found that the appellant's wife and two infant children were dead, apparently due to gunshot wounds. At around 9:30 p.m. the Chief of the Oceana Police arrived at the scene, and at that time, the appellant spontaneously told the chief, "I shot them all."

<snip>

In investigating the murders further, the police obtained other evidence tending to implicate the appellant. For instance, the appellant's girlfriend indicated, and later testified, that the appellant had told her that he had purchased a gun to kill his wife because he didn't want another man raising his children. His brother-in-law indicated that the appellant had threatened to kill his family about a week before the murders had occurred. The appellant's foreman at work stated that the appellant had told him about three weeks before the shooting that he was going to kill his wife. The appellant had repeated this about a week before the murders. A co-worker testified that the appellant, after receiving divorce papers, had become very upset and had threatened to kill his wife and her lawyer in court. The co-workers's wife testified that the appellant had again threatened to kill his wife on January 7, eight days before the killings occurred.

The above information is taken from THE SUPREME COURT OF APPEALS OF WEST VIRGINIA , STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA EX REL. DICKIE F. WIMMER

This case never got National attention as so many don't. I can't even find any old newspaper articles though I know it was in the local news. Mr. Shadow205, was the first Police Officer to arrive on the scene and what he found haunts him to this day. I remember him telling me that the babies were so cute, bathed & dressed in their jammies for the night. There are just some things that you never forget.

kittykat1
02-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Fred Tokars

'nuff said!

petra
02-11-2006, 09:48 AM
not familiar with Jeff Anderson, elaborate?
husband who just killed wife and she was found shot and stuffed in tool box of pickup....thread on board

luthersmama
02-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Andrew Byrne strangled his wife, Leona Caramanica in about 1992. He was convicted twice of first degree murder and sentenced twice to life in prison. Both convictions were overturned because of evidentiary issues. He has since pled guilty to third degree murder, and will be released from prison in a few more years. At the time of the murder, they had a two year old daughter and a 4 month old son. As part of the plea agreement, he relinquished all parental rights to the children, who have been raised by Leona's mother.

eve
02-11-2006, 01:05 PM
The other Peterson in Durham. Killed his wife by pushing her down the stairs.

Michael.

Eve

Sally
02-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Help me out here . . . what is that guys name who lived in Colorado and killed his wife and child? It was just recently in the news. Maybe he was in the army?
Michael Blagg? Wife was found in landfill, little girl has never been found.

luthersmama
02-11-2006, 01:47 PM
http://www.timewarner.com/corp/newsroom/pr/0,20812,666850,00.html

* The Mary Ann Powell Case - In the spring of 1996, a year and a half after a pregnant Mary Ann Powell was reported missing by her husband Warren, her body turned up in a bag embedded in an ice chunk floating in the Hudson River. Performing the autopsy, Dr. Barbara Chaitin determined that she had been strangled. Inside the bag were 90 pounds of rocks, as well as maple seed pods that Dr. Norman Weeden (an associate professor of plant genetics at Cornell) determined came from a tree at the apartment complex where the Powells lived. After Dr. Martin Glicksman discovered ribbed marks on a family boat seat matching those on the bag, Warren Powell was arrested. The professor for the criminal justice class Warren Powell had been taking at a community college remembered telling his class about a "perfect" crime: One fisherman kills another, weighs down the body, and waits for fish to devour the evidence. Warren Powell was found guilty of second-degree murder and sentenced to 25 years to life.

indigomood
02-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Ralf Panitz murdered ex wife Nancy Campbell

Nancy Campbell Panitz
Beaten to death in her home July 24, 2000,
following her appearance on The Jerry Springer Show.
Sarasota, Florida

A complicated love triangle may have been the subject of a segment on the controversial "Jerry Springer Show," but the show hardly compared to the drama that followed.

Less than three months after Ralf Panitz appeared with his wife, Eleanor, and ex-wife, Nancy Campbell, on the Chicago-based program, Nancy was found brutally murdered.

michelle
02-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Ralf Panitz murdered ex wife Nancy Campbell

Nancy Campbell Panitz
Beaten to death in her home July 24, 2000,
following her appearance on The Jerry Springer Show.
Sarasota, Florida

A complicated love triangle may have been the subject of a segment on the controversial "Jerry Springer Show," but the show hardly compared to the drama that followed.

Less than three months after Ralf Panitz appeared with his wife, Eleanor, and ex-wife, Nancy Campbell, on the Chicago-based program, Nancy was found brutally murdered. I hate that show...

indigomood
02-11-2006, 05:15 PM
I hate that show...
Me too!! I hate all of them including, Maury Povich, Jenny Jones etc :furious:

michelle
02-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Me too!! I hate all of them including, Maury Povich, Jenny Jones etc :furious: They provoke people too much, they set them up, i think it should be against the law!!

luthersmama
02-11-2006, 07:42 PM
http://www.th-record.com/1997/10-31-97/rabinowi.htm

Craig Rabinowitz strangled his wife, Stephanie, then tried to make it look like she drowned in the bathtub. He needed her life insurance proceeds to maintain his expensive relationship with a stripper.

concernedperson
02-11-2006, 07:49 PM
This list is incredible. No wonder the profilers say that most women are killed by their spouses/significant others. I am glad to be over the hill.

concernedperson
02-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Me too!! I hate all of them including, Maury Povich, Jenny Jones etc :furious:

And, that, is a very good point. The fine line while looking for ratings.The victims are there....whether it is loyality, economics or just plain survival. There is always someone to take advantage.

lostfaith
02-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Terry Anderson....

killed his wife in a shopping mall parking lot and blamed it on a black person. He was found to be lying and was convicted. He was eventually killed along with Jeffrey Dahmer in prison.

Shadow205
02-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Fifteen hundred American women are murdered by husbands or boyfriends each year. (FBI Uniform Crime Statistics-1996)
<snip>
A third of all women's injuries coming into our emergency rooms are no accident. Most are the result of deliberate, premeditated acts of violence. And frequently they occur over and over until the woman is killed. (Dr. Kevin Fullin, American Medical Association, public service ad, Time magazine)

Thirty-four percent of the women homicide victims over age 15 are killed by their husbands, ex-husbands or boyfriends. (National Women Abuse Prevention Project)

On average, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends in this country every day. In 1999, 1,642 murders were attributed to intimates; 74 percent of the murder victims (1,218 total) were women.
http://www.silentwitness.net/sub/violences.htm

Gozgals
02-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Fifteen hundred American women are murdered by husbands or boyfriends each year. (FBI Uniform Crime Statistics-1996)
<snip>
A third of all women's injuries coming into our emergency rooms are no accident. Most are the result of deliberate, premeditated acts of violence. And frequently they occur over and over until the woman is killed. (Dr. Kevin Fullin, American Medical Association, public service ad, Time magazine)

Thirty-four percent of the women homicide victims over age 15 are killed by their husbands, ex-husbands or boyfriends. (National Women Abuse Prevention Project)

On average, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends in this country every day. In 1999, 1,642 murders were attributed to intimates; 74 percent of the murder victims (1,218 total) were women.
http://www.silentwitness.net/sub/violences.htm

Rob Marshall killed his wife Maria.

Rob Marshall, a well-to-do New Jersey businessman, was knocked unconscious at a picnic area, and Maria, his wife, was killed. Police investigation led to Marshall's trial. Joe McGinnis penned "Blind Faith" after this story.

It is heartbreaking the loss of all these women and children!

Mabel
02-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I wonder, in how many of these murders were there previous signs of violence by the husband? In many cases it's reported that no one had any idea there were problems in the marriage and the husband had never before been violent or even in trouble with the law.

Many of the Scotty supporters refuse to believe he's guilty because he was always known to be "kind and supportive" and had never had so much as a traffic ticket. How rare (or common) is that?

Gozgals
02-12-2006, 12:54 PM
DAVID BRAME

Tacoma, Washington Police April 2003

Chief Kills Wife Crystal and Self

Estranged Husband: Dept. says impending Divorce and stress
may be the cause....

violence was known to be a factor before!

Gozgals

Reader
02-12-2006, 04:15 PM
The stories are now only in archives that have to be purchased, but the memorial comments remain, search McGowan murders.

http://snipurl.com/mho2

11. Sheriff: 'He planned it'
May 12, 2005 •• 1884 words •• ID: plm2005051214250722
Police: Investigator who killed his family, self left bloody footprints, copy of song lyrics behind By Benjamin Spillman The Desert Sun RIVERSIDE - The man authorities say was behind one of the largest mass killings in Riverside County's history left behind bloody footprints, lyrics to a pop song and little else to indicate motive for the slayings. What is clear is that early Tuesday morning David McGowan, an investigator for the Riverside County district attorney and...................

David McGowan, Riverside, Ca. killed his mother, wife and 3 children while they were asleep in their beds, before committing suicide in May, 2005. He was a well respected investigator and former policeman; she previously worked as a fireman. Motive remains unknown as there were no known family or financial problems.

nanandjim
02-12-2006, 06:35 PM
On July 7, 1997, Pegye Bechler and her husband, Eric, rented a boat and headed out into the harbor. It was Eric's idea — a romantic cruise off the Newport Beach, CA coast to belatedly celebrate their anniversary and her birthday. But by nightfall, Pegye was missing and Eric was sobbing uncontrollably in front of local news cameras. Her body was never found and it appeared to be a tragic accident. As police investigated Pegye's disappearance, they began to suspect a boating accident might be a case of homicide.

...and the rest of the story...Eric Bechler murdered his wife, Pegye. He confessed to his girlfriend, Tina New, that he did it 'partly for the life insurance money and partly because of the kids...'

nanandjim
02-12-2006, 06:38 PM
The infamous Atlanta man's murder-suicide spree last week claimed his wife and two children as well as nine colleagues at All-Tech Investment and Momentum Securities, two of the industry's biggest players.

Mark Barton was the day trader. He later killed himself. He is also suspected of killing his first wife and her mother.

SewingDeb
02-12-2006, 07:02 PM
The infamous Atlanta man's murder-suicide spree last week claimed his wife and two children as well as nine colleagues at All-Tech Investment and Momentum Securities, two of the industry's biggest players.

Mark Barton was the day trader. He later killed himself. He is also suspected of killing his first wife and her mother.

Here's a link for that one:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9907/30/atlanta.shooting.08/

SewingDeb
02-12-2006, 07:05 PM
This is an interesting discussion about motives for Mark Barton:

http://www.csbsju.edu/uspp/Research/Barton.html

Part I: Personality Profile

concernedperson
02-12-2006, 07:10 PM
He reminds me of Neil Entwistle.

PrayersForMaura
02-13-2006, 10:05 AM
James Sullivan shot and killed his wife Lita Sullivan

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34398

KatiesMom
02-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Dr. Richard Illes killed his estranged wife, Miriam, in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Illes had visitation w/ his son on a Friday night, he drugged him and shot his wife through her kitchen window while the child slept in the car.

Illes was a cardiac-thoracic surgeon with a huge god-complex. He was ultimately convicted after police found a "novella" on his PC which he had written. The story was called "Heart Shot" and was a play by play of Miriam's murder.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/01/06/48hours/main665304_page4.shtml

jannuncutt
02-13-2006, 11:31 AM
1989 - Charles Stuart murdered his pregnant wife, Carol, in the family car, after attending childbirth classes.

Gozgals
02-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Dr Barry Corbin- I hope we didn't forget this monster.:behindbar

Dentist standing trial ----

Charged with the murders of wife Jennifer Corbin and Dolly Hearn

The State of Georgia vs. Dr. Barry Corbin.

Note: He may also be charged in relation to another death of a former dental student.

kittykat1
02-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Richard Sharpe, the cross-dressing dermatologist, killed his wife Karen.

He has been convicted and serving a life sentence for his wife's murder.

christine2448
02-13-2006, 03:14 PM

This guy killed my pediatricans wife, very sad story :(

christine2448
02-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Did anyone mention John Sharpe?

He killed his wife, Anna, and 18 month old daughter, Gracie, with a SPEAR GUN!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/I-killed-wife-and-daughter-with-speargun-husband/2005/02/01/1107228683406.html

cheko1
02-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Dr James Klindt

killed his wife Joyce in 1983
chopped her up into pieces / threw body parts into the Mississippi river / torso was found. First Iowa court case to be tried on DNA.

viking
02-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Scotty2.

Scott Dunn murdered Brandi Dunn. He is not arrested. . . yet.
The above is my opinion and many, many others. Divorce is always an option.

christine2448
02-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Here's another scumbag..

Five suspects, including the murder victim's husband and a 14-year-old boy suspected of being the shooter, were formally charged with murder Friday afternoon in the December shooting death of a 28-year-old pregnant Sacramento mother.

http://www.news10.net/storyfull2.aspx?storyid=15873

luthersmama
02-14-2006, 04:45 PM
How about Richard Greist:

"Greist, 53, was found not guilty by reason of insanity in 1980 of crimes that included fatally stabbing his pregnant wife, ripping his unborn son from her womb, mutilating the fetus, gouging the eye of his 6-year-old daughter, slashing his grandmother's throat, and butchering the family cat."

http://groups.msn.com/PRISONLONGHOUSE/testing.msnw

B

christine2448
02-14-2006, 04:49 PM
How about Richard Greist:

"Greist, 53, was found not guilty by reason of insanity in 1980 of crimes that included fatally stabbing his pregnant wife, ripping his unborn son from her womb, mutilating the fetus, gouging the eye of his 6-year-old daughter, slashing his grandmother's throat, and butchering the family cat."

http://groups.msn.com/PRISONLONGHOUSE/testing.msnw

B
HOLY SHAMOLIES!

PrayersForMaura
02-14-2006, 06:16 PM
JJ Mills shot and murdered by Barry Vick, her common law husband

Christina Bowersox, spokeswoman for the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office, says Mills was shot and killed by her common law husband, 31-year-old Barry Vick. Vick turned himself into authorities late Monday night. Authorities say the couple had been having domestic problems. “She recently told me she was pregnant,” Streetman said. Authorities say Mills had four other children.

More: http://www.wpmi.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=598633B0-AB9E-4213-A72D-B7FB8929C07C

WhiteWolf
02-14-2006, 06:38 PM
I wonder, in how many of these murders were there previous signs of violence by the husband? In many cases it's reported that no one had any idea there were problems in the marriage and the husband had never before been violent or even in trouble with the law.

Many of the Scotty supporters refuse to believe he's guilty because he was always known to be "kind and supportive" and had never had so much as a traffic ticket. How rare (or common) is that?

Mabel, I don't know the numbers for how many husbands kill their wives without previous PHYSICAL violence, but I would bet most (if not all) of the killers have used emotional and psychological abuse. How many women report verbal threats, emotional and psychological torture to the police without physical abuse to back up the claim?

nanandjim
02-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Rae Carruth murdered his pregnant girlfriend, Cherica to avoid paying child support for his child. His son has damage due to lack of oxygen from his mother being shot five times before she eventually died.

Since being sentenced to a 19- to 24-year term for conspiracy to commit murder, former Carolina Panther Rae Carruth has been hit with more bad news. His appeals were rejected, he and his co-defendants were ordered to pay $6 million to Cherica Adams' estate and a judge ruled his son, now 4, cannot be forced to visit him in prison.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/carruth/update_071304_ctv.html

Pepper
02-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Tom Boskowski (sp>) murdered two wives!

Gozgals
02-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Here's another two to slimbags to add to the list:

Dr. Yazeed Essa
Killed Wife Rosemarie Essa in Feb. 2005

Missing Doctor Charged in Wife's Death
Crime/Punishment Blog
From Charles Montaldo,
Your Guide to Crime / Punishment.

February 08, 2006
Missing Doctor Charged in Wife's Death
--- A Cleveland, Ohio doctor who disappeared three weeks after his wife's death a year ago has been indicted for aggravated murder for giving her cyanide in what she thought were calcium pills.Authorities say that Rosemarie Essa (pictured) took what she thought were calcium pills on Feb. 24, 2005 and later collapsed in her car crashing into an oncoming vehicle. Before she died, she called a friend and told her that her husband made her take pills and she didn't feel well. She was gasping for air.Dr. Yazeed Essa disappeared shortly after his wife's death and has been sighted in Greece, Syria and Lebanon. He has been declared a fugitive.

<snip

------------------------------------------------------

Dale Huebner
killed wife Carla Huebner Jan. 6, 2002 with a necktie she had given him for Christmas in WI.

Described as a controlling, obsessive father and husband facing a crumbling marriage, he strangled Carla Huebner Jan. 6, 2002, with the tie she'd given him for Christmas. Their then-16-year-old son stood by, refused her pleas for help while their 13-year-old son fled to the basement, covering his ears and crying. Huebner then tried to kill himself with a pill overdose, sending the boys away. They idled hours at a movie, a sandwich shop and elsewhere before returning home and, seven hours later, finally calling their grandparents and police.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wauk/apr05/314273.asp

My friends mom lived on this families block.

Blessings to all that were lost.

Gozgals

aussiegran
02-15-2006, 02:53 PM
:( I thought we should put a list of names we have remembered so far to make it easier .
Jeff Anderson
Terry Anderson
Mark Barton
Eric Bechler
Alan Blackthorne
Michael Blagg
robert blake
Tom Boskowski
Anselmo Ricardo Braffith III
David Brame
Andrew Byrne
David Camm
Rae Carruth
Barry Corbin
Brad Cunningham
Scott Douglas
Scott Dunn
Robert Durst
Neil Entwistle.
Yazeed Essa
Mick Fletcher
Richard Greist
Mark Hacking
Dale Huebner
Richard Illes
James Klindt
John List
Christian Longo
George Marecek
David McGowan
Ralf Panitz
Perry March
Rob Marshall
Jeffrey McDonald
Michael Peterson
Scott Peterson
Warren Powell
Craig Rabinowitz
Quinton Ray
Shaun Rudy
John Sharpe
Richard Sharpe
steven sherer
OJ Simpson
Charles Stuart
James Sullivan
Fred Tokars
Barry Vick
claus von bulow
Michael White
Dickie F. Wimmer
Raymond Wood

christine2448
02-15-2006, 03:47 PM
:( I thought we should put a list of names we have remembered so far to make it easier .

Great idea! Thanks for compiling!

Pepper
02-15-2006, 04:27 PM
aussiegran - great list! Can you edit to add Michael Peterson?

proadvocate
02-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Robert A Fratta.

Fratta hired a hitman to dispose of his wife Farrah during a rather nasty child custody suit.Seems he was into wierd sex acts(and I do mean wierd)can't post them here as I would be deleted for sick and obscene material.Mr Fratta currently resides on Deathrow in Texas,and is in the final stages of his Federal appeals.Odds are good that late this yr or early next we shall see his name on the scheduled execution list.A perfect place for him.....well ok the perfect place for this thug is on the Executed offenders list,but no use putting the cart before the horse is there?

Elias Syriani.This thug brutally stabbed his estranged wife with a screwdriver approx 30 times as she was pulling into her residence.Their 3 kids and her neighbors witnessed the rather grisly slaughter.Mrs Syriani never had the chance to turn the ignition of her car off.The State of North Carolina carried out Mr Syrianis death sentence in Nov of 2005 despite the pleas of his adult children who claimed he had made peace with them and God.Fortunately Gov Easley decided to allow the good christian to meet his maker as scheduled.

PrayersForMaura
02-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks for doing that Aussiegran! Maybe every few pages, we can update?

Here's another!

Mario Calderon shot his wife, Gina, and mother-in-law, Evelyn Banabe, during an argument early Tuesday morning before turning the gun on himself. Police found the gun lying next to his body.

More: http://www.local10.com/news/7037626/detail.html

natasha-cupcake
02-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Gregg Madigosky strangled his fiance Lynn Bossert to death with a dogleash sometime during the late night/early morning hours of September 11 and 12, 2003, in Southbury, Connecticut. He is currently on trial in Connecticut Superior Court in Waterbury, CT. Lynn was my friend. I started a post in The Jury Room a few days ago regarding the case.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=973055#post973055

SewingDeb
02-16-2006, 09:30 AM
We can add Mario Calderon:

http://www.local10.com/news/7037626/detail.html

Police: Man Shoots Wife, Mother-In-Law, Then Self

---
She was going to leave him. Children were in the home and the oldest boy called LE to report the shootings.

---OOOPS! Sorry, this has already been posted.

SewingDeb
02-16-2006, 10:50 AM
http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060215/NEWS0110/602150432/1085

As Donald Moringiello's murder conviction heads toward an appeal, the legal squabble over his slain wife's possessions is getting nasty.

Gozgals
02-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Thank you for doing the compiling list Aussiegran. It is so sad!

James Keown
charged with killing wife Julie in 2005.
The radio talk show host from MASS killed his wife by slowly poisoning her with antifreeze. I do not know any details of the court proceedings.

----------------------------------------

On 48 hours, or one of those shows, (they showed a repeat) of a Dr. who
killed his wife with, I think it was Cyanide, if anyone remembers his name.
He was a pathologist and was up for the death penalty and got life in
prison. He told authorities she had a heart attack!

The name escapes me.

Gozgals

indigomood
02-16-2006, 12:46 PM
off topic-My husband and I were on the crossover at Guana River State Park in Ponte Vedra, FL the day before this happened. It chills me to look at the photos of us just one day before something very bad happened there.

link to article (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=22044)

ST. AUGUSTINE, FL -- It didn't take long for investigators to focus in on the husband of April Barber in the Guana State Park killing two summers ago.

A grand jury earlier this month indicted Justin Barber, 32, in her murder.

The grand jury questioned Mr. Barber for three hours before the panel handed down an indictment.

aussiegran
02-16-2006, 02:11 PM
aussiegran - great list! Can you edit to add Michael Peterson?
Thanks .Added him.this is going to be a long list .

aussiegran
02-16-2006, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=PrayersForMaura]Thanks for doing that Aussiegran! Maybe every few pages, we can update?

:) Good idea .we can keep refering back this way.

Pepper
02-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks .Added him.this is going to be a long list .

Thanks! I did a similar list on the "Women who murder their husbands" thread. That list isn't nearly as long, but does have 37 "members."

When will these idiots (of both sexes) learn that murder is not a solution, but is instead a whole set of new problems?

Lesleegp
02-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Do boyfriends who've murdered their girlfriends fall under this category?

My husband's first cousin was murdered by her boyfriend in April of 1999. Her name is Sheri Campbell.....his name is Adrian something. Happened in Johnson City, TN.

aussiegran
02-16-2006, 02:44 PM

My husband's first cousin was murdered by her boyfriend in April of 1999. Her name is Sheri Campbell.....his name is Adrian something. Happened in Johnson City, TN.I think B/F are included because this thread is about men who murdered the one they are supposed to love and take care of.

Pepper
02-16-2006, 02:46 PM

My husband's first cousin was murdered by her boyfriend in April of 1999. Her name is Sheri Campbell.....his name is Adrian something. Happened in Johnson City, TN.
I would say it includes husbands, ex-husbands, boyfriends and ex-boyfriends.

ETA: I found this: http://womensissues.about.com/od/domesticviolence/a/dvstats2.htm

One-third of all female homicide victims are killed by husbands, ex-husbands, boyfriends or ex-boyfriends.

More than twice as many women are killed by their husbands or boyfriend as are murdered by strangers.

Am I missing something, or do these two statements in this article contradict each other? Either the ratio is 1/3 or it is 1/2, but it can't be both. :confused:

PrayersForMaura
02-20-2006, 08:28 PM
John Trevino kills wife Carol Trevino and self in front of 9 year old son
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=978098#post978098

AMC
02-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Jerry Anderson is the one who has been arrested in Granite Falls, NC (or Sawmills) for shooting his wife (Emily Anderson) and stuffing her in the toolbox of her truck. He then dumped the truck in South Carolina where it sat for over a week. Today the files were opened. There was 4.5 million dollars worth of insurance on her

Reader
02-21-2006, 09:36 PM
I don't know if this is the doctor that Gozgals is thinking about. This case was back and forth in the news for years. Kay Sybers died in 1991 in Panama City, Fl. where her husband was the medical examiner, and was involved with another woman; he married her soon after Kay's death. It was never definitively determined what he injected Kay with. It took years to get him charged. He only spent 3 years in prison after his first conviction in 2001. When that was overturned he and the new wife moved to Canada. A new trial was getting ready to start when he pleaded guilty to manslaughter in 2003.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/not_guilty/bill_sybers/index.html

"Some fervently believe that Bill Sybers, now 70 and suffering from a variety of illnesses, a man who had battled lung and bladder cancer as well as diabetes and heart problems, is a cold-blooded killer. Perhaps even his youngest son was one of them. He killed himself in 1993, and according to police, he did it after telling a girlfriend that he could not stand to live with the thought that his father might be a killer.

But there are others, among them Kay Sybers' own family in Iowa and her two surviving children, who believe that he is an innocent man who has been hounded and jailed and harassed and humiliated by a judicial system in Florida.

In the years since Kay Sybers' death, Bill Sybers has been tried and convicted for her murder, though a jury decided not to recommend the death penalty, sparing his life and sparing him the irony of dying from the same lethal cocktail of drugs that prosecutors insisted he used on his wife.

In early 2003, in a decision that thrust the case again into the headlines, Sybers' conviction was set aside by an appeals court, which ruled, among other things, that the science prosecutors used to convict him was perhaps flawed and was certainly unproven.

A few months ago, the ailing doctor pleaded guilty, not to murder, but to manslaughter in connection with her death.

But even that plea has not ended the controversy or the mystery. Through his attorney, the noted criminal lawyer Nathaniel Dershowitz, Sybers maintains that he had nothing to do with his wife's death, and that he pleaded guilty only to end what he sees as years of persecution by an overzealous prosecutor."
----------------------------------
"Sybers agreed to plead guilty to manslaughter. He was fined more than $500,000 and sentenced to ten years. Although he had spent less than three years behind bars on his original conviction, he was released."

PrayersForMaura
02-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Kemp Horton, 46, was sentenced in January to five life terms for killing his wife, 3-year old stepson, mother-in-law and two other family members in December 2002 in a county island in east Mesa.

carnation
02-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Edward Gingerich, supposedly the only Amish guy ever convicted of homicide. A book was written about the case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0425174336/sr=8-1/qid=1140578320/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-4422976-3250567?%5Fencoding=UTF8

The first reviewer claims to be a friend of Ed's.

~wildangel~
02-21-2006, 10:54 PM
John Lee in 1885, slit his wifes throat, one that never hung.

~wildangel~
02-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Ewww, in 1869 some creepy husband by the name of Jean-Baptiste-Troppman found out his wife was having an affair and cut her head off and all of their five childrens, found them all on sticks! Why kill the kids cause of her, like it's THEIR fault? It's soo sad:sick:

Jules
02-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Ewww, in 1869 some creepy husband by the name of Jean-Baptiste-Troppman found out his wife was having an affair and cut her head off and all of their five childrens, found them all on sticks! Why kill the kids cause of her, like it's THEIR fault? It's soo sad:sick:

They were a part of her. My guess is he killed the kids first and then her. He wanted the ultimate revenge for her affair.

Yes, it's very sad.

~wildangel~
02-21-2006, 11:35 PM
omg, yep, he was soo sick, i've heard of ppl doin this stuff before! Like people getting revenge by killing ENTIRE families, grandparents, parents AND wife and kids and even dogs and cats. Soooooooooo sad:mad: :banghead:

Gozgals
02-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Gerald Watkins

killed his girlfriend in PA July 20, 1994 - Beth Ann Anderson.

Also- killed her 18 month old baby Melanie, and Charles Kelly by multiple

gunshot wounds.

Date of his execution was 3-29-05. I do not know if he got a stay on his execution!

Such a sick person..

From: http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/Pending/05/mar05.htm

Jesstexas
02-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Richard McFarland, killed his wife Susan McFarland in November 2002 because she was planning to divorce him. He made up an elaborate story to cover his tracks, but the police knew he was an oddball from the start. This all happened in San Antonio, Texas. He pled guilty and was sentenced to 40 years. Now he's trying to prevent efforts to sever his parental rights to their 3 pre-teenage children (who I believe have been in foster care since their father's arrest). So sad.

More at link:

http://www.sanantoniolightning.com/mcpreface.html

fundiva
02-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Perry March

There also was a couple in California a few years ago where he took his wife out on a boat and she disappeared and never was found. She was an expert swimmer.

luvahgirl
02-23-2006, 05:12 PM
fun, this was the Eric & Pegye Bechler case that was already mentioned. What a creep!

Jenifred
02-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Do they have to be convicted?

Because I'd like to add Raven Abaroa to the list. His wife, Janet, was found stabbed to death in their Durham home on April 26, 2005. Luckily, their 6 month-old baby was unharmed. ME report showed she was in the early stages of pregnancy. Raven has since located to Utah and has nothing to do with the investigation. LE has not named a POI, but consider this crime "not random." No doubt in my mind that Raven killed his wife.

There's a forum here at WS: www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76

michelle
02-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Vincent Doan, convicted of killing Carrie Culberson, they just have not ever found her body.:(

michelle
02-23-2006, 06:58 PM
I also forgot that pig Jeff Cahill who killed Jill his wife first by beating her with a hammer in the head and when she lived he stalked the hospital and dressed up as a janitor and went in and shoved cyanide down her throat and in her face. Leaving their poor children without a mother and father now! He was convicted and is rotting in jail.

aussiegran
02-23-2006, 11:34 PM
:( I will make it 2 columns on the next update.
Jerry Anderson
Terry Anderson
Justin Barber
Mark Barton
Eric Bechler
Alan Blackthorne
Michael Blagg
robert blake
Tom Boskowski
David Brame
Andrew Byrne
Jeff Cahill
Mario Calderon
David Camm
Rae Carruth
Barry Corbin
Brad Cunningham
Vincent Doan
Scott Douglas
Scott Dunn
Robert Durst
Timothy Engh
Neil Entwistle.
Yazeed Essa
Mick Fletcher
Robert A Fratta
Edward Gingerich
Richard Greist
Mark Hacking
Kemp Horton
Dale Huebner
Richard Illes
James Keown
James Klindt
John Lee
John List
Christian Longo
Gregg Madigosky
George Marecek
Richard McFarland
David McGowan
Perry March
Rob Marshall
Jeffrey McDonald
Donald Moringiello
Ralf Panitz
Michael Peterson
Scott Peterson
Warren Powell
Craig Rabinowitz
Quinton Ray
Shaun Rudy
John Sharpe
Richard Sharpe
steven sherer
OJ Simpson
Charles Stuart
James Sullivan
William Sybers
Elias Syriani
Fred Tokars
John Trevino
Jean-Baptiste-Troppman
Barry Vick
claus von bulow
Gerald Watkins
Michael White
Dickie F. Wimmer
Raymond Wood

SewingDeb
02-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Add Timothy Engh:

http://www.komotv.com/news/story_m.asp?ID=41984

Man Found Guilty In Wife's Shooting Death

petra
02-25-2006, 06:39 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060223/ap_on_re_us/fort_lewis_killing

Iraq Vet accused of stabbing wife 71 times:hand:

aussiegran
02-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Brad Reay charged with murdering Tamara Reay

NewMom2003
02-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Can we add Steven Barbee to the list?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64

He was sentenced to death today in Fort Worth for the February 2005 murder of pregnant Lisa Underwood and her 7 year old son Jayden. Barbee murdered them because he thought he was the father of Lisa's unborn baby and he was afraid his wife would divorce him.

These murders were truly senseless. It turns out that Barbee was not the father of baby Marleigh afterall. All this monster achieved was the next 10-20 on Texas Death Row.

Gozgals
02-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Christopher Hampton
Murders x-girlfriend Tamika A. Huston in June 2004 in SC.:(

See link below.

Suspected Murderer Confesses Details To Local Paper

After being charged with the murder of Tamika Huston, 25-year-old Christopher Hampton confessed the details of the crime to a local Spartanburg, South Carolina paper. Tamika had been missing since June 2004. Police charged Hampton with her murder on Friday, August 12, 2005.
>>The Full Story (http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/recovered.cfm?id=27632)

William N
02-27-2006, 04:47 PM
L. Ewing Scott's wife, Evelyn, disappeared from their Beverly Hills home in May 1955. It was the first well-known missing body case, and was a very famous trial in it's time. Scott was found guilty in December 1957, and was sentenced to life imprisonment. The guilty verdict surprised many observers, and was the most famous trial of the legendary LA County prosecutor, J. Miller Leavy. Scott was released in 1978 because of his age, 82.

nanandjim
02-27-2006, 06:57 PM
:( I will make it 2 columns on the next update.

Thanks for the list, aussie. Sad but I'm sure that there are many, many more...

michelle
02-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Sad but I'm sure that there are many, many more... Unfortunatly there are.......

PrayersForMaura
03-06-2006, 06:40 AM
I just started a trial thread about this jerk ...

Joseph Morrow killed his wife Debra

Here's some info
14-year-old murder case opens in San Mateo court

REDWOOD CITY — After a police investigation that spanned 12 years, and after numerous delays in court, the murder trial for Joseph Morrow finally starts today in San Mateo County Superior Court.

Morrow, 57, is accused of killing his wife, Donna, 37, after a loud argument in their Menlo Park home on Dec. 19, 1991, and hiding her body.

Joseph Morrow used a fake name to flee the country not long after his wife's disappearance, while the couple's four young children were sent to live with relatives.

He was captured in the Philippines in January 2003. Nine months later, police acting on a tip from Morrow's sister were led by the family's former handyman to Donna Morrow's bones. She was buried 8-feet-deep on undeveloped property in Los Gatos that Joseph Morrow once owned.

Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe, who is prosecuting the case, said he plans to prove that Joseph Morrow killed his wife because the couple was headed for divorce, and the business owner didn't want to lose half of his assets under California's divorce law.

More: http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_3573846?source=rss

bostwick
03-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Simon Rios needs to be on the list. He's the Ft Wayne guy who murdered his wife and three daughters and also led police to the body of little Alejandra Gutierrez.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,178649,00.html

Simon Rios (http://javascript<b></b>:siteSearch('Simon%20Rios');), 33, was scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday on four counts of murder and two preliminary counts of moving a body. He was being held without bond in the Allen County Jail.
Allen County (http://javascript<b></b>:siteSearch('Allen%20County');) Coroner E. Jon Brandenberger said an autopsy found that Rios' wife, Ana L. Casas, 28, had died from blunt force trauma to the head and strangulation. One of the couple's three daughters, Katherinne G. Rios, 4, had been strangled, he said.

Autopsies on the two other victims, Liliana K. Rios Casas, 10, and Thannya Karolinna Rios, 20 months, were expected to be performed Wednesday.

SewingDeb
05-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Here's another:
http://www.cwbradio.com/news/inc/fullnews.php?id=1001

A Trempealeau County man has been charged in the death of his wife. A criminal complaint says 52-year-old Daniel Gunderson shot his wife Laurie in their Strum driveway on Saturday. He was charged today with first-degree homicide. A criminal complaint says Gunderson blew up after his wife came to take some of her belongings. He then allegedly called the sheriff's department and admitted he shot her in her car. Gunderson is being held on a 500-thousand dollar cash bond. He is facing life in prison.

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-17-2006, 03:14 PM
If you start adding boyfriends, the list would just be endless -

Steven Poaches murdered his girlfriend, LaToyia Figueroa, when she was five months pregnant with his child because he apparently had another girlfriend on the side.

Police: Remains of LaToyia Figueroa found - U.S. News - MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9016541/)

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-17-2006, 03:30 PM
David Michael Green - cheating husband strangles, kicks, and stabs his pregnant wife to death 6 days before her due date. He then proceeds to spend the night at his girlfriend's house watching election returns on tv while his 4 and 5 year old were asleep in the house with their dying/dead mother. The next morning, David calls home and asks one of the children to put Mommy on the phone - the child then finds Mommy deceased in a pool of blood, (if I'm remembering correctly). David claimed that Stacy had tried to stab HIM after finding out that he had been having an affair (his "strong religious background" made him realize that he needed to confess this to his wife, Stacy :rolleyes: ), that he was defending himself, and that he had blacked out the events - it wasn't until his son told him that Mommy was laying on the floor and that there was blood that David "remembered" what had happened:

Stacy's Kids - In The News (http://www.stacyskids.com/recentnews44722820.aspx) (tribute site with photos, etc.)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - Another pregnant mother murdered at the (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20257&highlight=pregnant+woman+murdered)

SewingDeb
05-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Add another one:

Anthony Bell

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060521/ap_on_re_us/church_shooting
Gunman Captured After Killing 5

SewingDeb
05-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Women in Brooklyn are 50% more likely to be killed by husbands or boyfriends than in other areas of New York City.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/419767p-354240c.html

BaltoMom
05-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Kenneth Fitzhugh -- pushed his wife down the stairs when she was going to tell their oldest son that Kenneth was not actually his father (Palo Alto, California)

Charles Whitman -- better known as the sniper in the University of Texas tower, killed his wife and mother before taking off for his murder spree from above

Dr. Dirk Greineder -- well respected doctor who murdered his wife in Massachusetts; their three children continue to support him

SewingDeb
05-21-2006, 11:01 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060223/ap_on_re_us/fort_lewis_killing

Iraq Vet accused of stabbing wife 71 times:hand:

Petra,
Your link no longer works. Is this the same one?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196350,00.html
May 21, 2006

FORT LEWIS, Wash. — A soldier was convicted Saturday of murdering and mutilating his teenage wife, a Fort Lewis spokesman said. An Army jury found Spc. Brandon Bare, 20, of Wilkesboro, N.C., guilty of premeditated murder and two counts of indecent acts for chopping his wife to death with a meat cleaver and desecrating her corpse.

After a five-day court martial, the jury deliberated about four hours Friday night before reaching the verdict shortly after midnight, said Fort Lewis spokesman Joseph Piek.

The same jury of five officers and three noncommissioned officers sentenced Bare Saturday evening to life in prison with the possibility of parole, Piek said. His rank was downgraded to private and Bare was dishonorably discharged. He must also forfeit all pay and allowances and be formally reprimanded.

Nabila Bare, 18, had been stabbed at least 71 times when she was found July 12, 2005, in the couple's kitchen.

Prosecutors portrayed Bare as a satanic, would-be serial killer who carefully plotted the time and place to slaughter his wife.

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-22-2006, 08:51 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196350,00.html
May 21, 2006

FORT LEWIS, Wash. — An Army jury found Spc. Brandon Bare, 20, of Wilkesboro, N.C., guilty of premeditated murder and two counts of indecent acts for chopping his wife to death with a meat cleaver and desecrating her corpse.

The same jury of five officers and three noncommissioned officers sentenced Bare Saturday evening to life in prison with the possibility of parole, Piek said.With the possibility of parole?!?!?!

SewingDeb
05-22-2006, 11:11 AM
With the possibility of parole?!?!?!

I know. Isn't that unbelievable after what he did?!!

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-22-2006, 10:11 PM
I know. Isn't that unbelievable after what he did?!!I'm truly stunned. :confused:

lilsister
05-23-2006, 01:46 AM
Robert Marshall conspired to kill his wife Maria on September 7, 1984 in NJ very close to where I grew up. He did it for the insurance money (he 1.3 mil on her--by the way he was an insurance salesman). The case was made into a book by Joe McGinness and a 3 hr tele movie of the week. He is guilty IMOP but he may get the appeal he is waiting for...sickening.... ). The shooter he hired from Louisianna got immunity because he gave state's evidence against Marshall. IMOP he cold bloodily orchestrated the death of his wife (the youngest son of 3 :behindbar supported the father, Robert, and the other 2 resigned themselves to the fact that their father murdered their beloved mother.)This was a very horrific crime...so calculating. He was supposed to get the death penalty but due to his appeals The State has now , in the wake of the fact that seeking another death penalty plea would possibly result in several years of deliberation, abandoned this course of punishment hoping that he will again receive LIP (life in prison). I a me keeping my fingers crossed!

function NewWindow(height,width,url){window.open(url,"ShowProdWindow","menubars=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,height="+height+",width="+width);}http://www.thnt.com/graphics/icon_email.gif E-mail article (javascript:NewWindow(450,300,'/apps/pbcs.dll/art_tips?Date=20060513&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=605130319&SiteData=BI&SectionCat=');) http://www.ocobserver.com/graphics/images/spacer.gif http://www.ocobserver.com/graphics/printer2.gif Print article (http://www.ocobserver.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20060513&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=605130319&SectionCat=&Template=printart) http://www.ocobserver.com/graphics/images/spacer.gif http://www.ocobserver.com/graphics/subscription2.gif Subscribe (http://www.ocobserver.com/subscribe/) http://www.ocobserver.com/graphics/images/spacer.gif
Marshall timeline: How it all began
Posted by the Ocean County Observer (http://www.ocobserver.com/) on 05/13/06

STAFF REPORT

This chronology of the Robert O. Marshall case is based on sworn testimony, court action and investigators' reports.

May 24, 1984: Robert O. Marshall meets Robert Cumber of Bossier City, La., at a graduation party for a neighbor. He later contacts Cumber about hiring a private investigator from Louisiana to follow his wife, Maria.

June 18, 1984: Through Cumber, Marshall meets Billy Wayne McKinnon for the first time at an Atlantic City casino. Marshall, who had telegraphed $2,500 to McKinnon the week before as a deposit for what he claimed would be private investigatory work, gives him $7,000 more. A fee of $65,000 for the contract murder of Maria P. Marshall is agreed upon. McKinnon testified Marshall asked him to kill his wife "as soon as possible." But that night, McKinnon, who had been given a time and location where he could find Mrs. Marshall, fails to do so.

July 17, 1984: McKinnon returns to New Jersey. Marshall gives him $7,000 more and arranges for McKinnon to murder Maria Marshall in the parking lot of an Atlantic City diner where the couple would be later that night. McKinnon testified he waited in the diner's parking lot for 40 minutes, didn't see the Marshalls, then drove back to Louisiana. McKinnon considers taking Marshall's money without fulfilling Marshall's wishes.

August 1984: McKinnon is contacted by fellow Louisianan Larry Thompson about a contract Thompson says has been placed on McKinnon's life for failing to uphold his part of a deal.

Sept. 6, 1984 (morning): McKinnon meets Marshall at a restaurant rest area on the Garden State Parkway. Marshall takes him to several locations along the parkway and settles on the Oyster Creek Picnic Area as the locale where his wife can be killed.

Sept. 6, 1984 (evening): The Marshalls drive to Atlantic City for dinner and gambling.

Sept. 7, 1984 (early morning): At 12:45 a.m., McKinnon, waiting near a parkway toll plaza, sees Marshall's yellow Cadillac Eldorado pull through the toll gates. McKinnon, who has Thompson with him, follows the car. Minutes later, he enters the picnic area. He sees Marshall lying near the rear of the car. Thompson runs to McKinnon's car, throws a few items on the floor and returns to the Eldorado, apparently to slash a tire. They speed off southbound, discarding Mrs. Marshall's purse and a .45-caliber handgun along the way. Authorities summoned to the picnic area find Marshall with a blow to his head requiring five stitches. His wife is slumped across the car's front seat, dead from two gunshot wounds to the back. Marshall says he was mugged and robbed when he pulled over to check a flat tire.

Sept. 7, 1984 (daybreak): Marshall gives authorities at least four different accounts of when he began having car problems that forced him to pull into the picnic area.

Sept. 7-21, 1984: Ocean County Prosecutor's Office investigators establish that Marshall is having an affair with Sarann Kraushaar, a married acquaintance from the Toms River Country Club, and they see a link between Marshall and a group of men in Shreveport, La.

Sept. 22, 1984: Robert Cumber is arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit murder.

Sept. 25, 1984: Marshall receives a call from someone in Louisiana; the message is relayed to him via an answering machine at Kraushaar's apartment. Upon hearing Marshall's explanation that he was in contact with the Louisiana contingent because of gambling debts involving an NBA playoff game, Kraushaar — who said she never knew Marshall to bet on an athletic event and was aware of his dire financial straits — said she realized "the circumstances were so incriminating that I was appalled by the deception." With the exception of her court appearances, it was the last time she sees Marshall.

Sept. 27, 1984: Marshall checks into a Lakewood motel room and records a rambling, 40-minute "suicide tape." The suicide is never carried out.

Oct. 13, 1984: McKinnon and James Davis of Shreveport are arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit murder. All charges against Davis eventually are dropped.

Oct. 17, 1984: An Ocean County grand jury indicts Cumber, McKinnon and Davis on charges of conspiracy to commit murder. McKinnon is charged with committing the murder. Cumber and Davis are indicted as accomplices.

Mid-December 1984: McKinnon agrees to cooperate with authorities. He enters into a plea bargain that will result in five years in the prison of his choice and family visits. Defense lawyers later will label this the state's "pact with the devil." McKinnon says Larry Thompson shot Mrs. Marshall.

Dec. 19, 1984: Marshall is arrested and charged with murder by soliciting another to kill his wife and being an accomplice. He is held in lieu of $2 million bail. Thompson is arrested.

April 25, 1985: Citing an "inordinate and continuing interest" in the case, Superior Court Judge William H. Huber grants a defense motion and orders the trial be held in Atlantic County.

July 16, 1985: The charge that Cumber was an accomplice is dismissed by the trial judge in Atlantic County, Superior Court Judge Manuel H. Greenberg. Cumber still is charged with conspiracy.

Jan. 14, 1986: Jury selection in the state of New Jersey v. Robert O. Marshall and Larry N. Thompson begins in Courtroom One of the Atlantic City Courthouse in Mays Landing.

Jan. 20, 1986: Opening statements are made to a jury of 11 men and five women. Ocean County Assistant Prosecutor Kevin W. Kelly alleges Marshall had his wife killed to collect $1.3 million in insurance policies to offset a $300,000 debt and so he could continue his affair. Defense lawyer Glenn A. Zeitz of Philadelphia and Thompson's attorney, Francis J. Hartman of Mount Holly, charge the state's case is based on false statements by McKinnon.

Feb. 3-6, 1986: McKinnon testifies Marshall hired him to kill his wife.

Feb. 14, 1986: Insurance agents testify Marshall took out $1.3 million in policies on his wife's life — with more than half the policies initiated during the eight months before she was shot to death.

Feb. 23, 1986: Marshall, taking the stand in his defense, denies having any role in his wife's shooting. He admits to the extramarital affair. It is revealed Marshall had several love affairs immediately after his wife's death, and he had yet to inter his wife's ashes.

Feb. 24, 1986: Thompson testifies he was in Louisiana at the time of the slaying and produces witnesses to corroborate his story.

March 3, 1986: Kelly's summation labels Marshall a "coward," and perhaps, in the most memorable words of the trial, says: "And he has the audacity to bring his three boys in to testify. That's obscene . . . to put his boys on the witness stand is obscene, and for that there is a place in hell for him."

March 5, 1986: Marshall is convicted of capital murder. After 90 minutes of deliberation, the same jury sentences him to death. Thompson is acquitted.

June 23, 1986: Cumber, who had turned down an opportunity to plead guilty in exchange for time served in connection with his role in the case, opts for an Atlantic County jury trial. He is found guilty of being an accomplice to murder.

July 11, 1986: McKinnon pleads guilty to conspiracy to kill Mrs. Marshall and receives a five-year sentence. Because of time served, he receives his parole on Oct. 7, 1986.

Sept. 11, 1986: Cumber is sentenced to life imprisonment. He will not be eligible for parole for 30 years.

April 8, 2004: A U.S. District Court judge agrees with Marshall, on death row 18 years while appeal after appeal failed, that he did not have competent legal representation at the sentencing phase of his trial. The judge orders a new death penalty hearing.

Nov. 2, 2005: U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals affirms the reversal.

Nov. 18, 2005: Ocean County Prosecutor Thomas Kelaher sends a letter to acting Gov. Richard Codey urging him to abandon the death penalty and support a life without parole law.

Jan. 12: Codey signs death penalty moratorium, which immediately halts all executions and creates a study commission to examine all aspects of the state's death penalty system.

Jan. 17: Codey pardons Cumber.

Jan. 31: The state Attorney General's Office asks the U.S. Supreme Court to hear a ruling on the case.

March 20: The U.S. Supreme Court declined to reinstate Marshall's death sentence.

May 12: Kelaher announces he will no longer seek the death penalty for Marshall, and will ask for life without parole. Gannett New Jersey and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.thnt.com/graphics/icon_email.gif E-mail article (javascript:NewWindow(450,300,'/apps/pbcs.dll/art_tips?Date=20060513&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=605130319&SiteData=BI&SectionCat=');) http://www.ocobserver.com/graphics/images/spacer.gif http://www.ocobserver.com/graphics/printer2.gif Print article (http://www.ocobserver.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20060513&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=605130319&SectionCat=&Template=printart) http://www.ocobserver.com/graphics/images/spacer.gif http://www.ocobserver.com/graphics/subscription2.gif Subscribe (http://www.ocobserver.com/subscribe/) http://www.ocobserver.com/graphics/images/spacer.gif

SewingDeb
05-23-2006, 02:07 AM
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=140330
Prosecutor: Husband said he was ‘sorry’

FRAMINGHAM — After walking into the police station splattered with blood, a Framingham man admitted he killed his wife and stepson because she was spending too much time at church, prosecutors said this morning in Framingham District Court

~more at link~

SewingDeb
05-23-2006, 02:09 AM
This one killed himself after murdering his ex girlfriend.

Woman Shot To Death Outside Law Office
http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/9253052/detail.html?subid=22100413&qs=1;bp=t

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Police said a woman was fatally shot by her ex-boyfriend Monday morning near 89th Street and Wornall Road.

The shooting was reported at about 8:30 a.m. in the parking lot of the Crews, Waits, Brownlee and Berger law office.

Police said Lisa Slaughter worked at the law office as a paralegal. She was walking up to work when a man shot her in the face, officials said.

and

KMBC's Dan Weinbaum reported that Slaughter had filed a restraining order against her ex-boyfriend.

Slaughter moved into a Wyandotte County home with her child about six months ago, Weinbaum reported.

Neighbors told KMBC her ex-boyfriend stalked and harassed Slaughter. He also chose to move into a home just up the street from Slaughter.

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Robert Marshall conspired to kill his wife Maria on September 7, 1984 in NJ very close to where I grew up.When you see the sentence lengths and acquittals in this case, it's a real travesty of justice, IMO.

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-23-2006, 08:41 AM
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=140330
Prosecutor: Husband said he was ‘sorry’How awful!

"Bins wandered around after the murders and walked into the police station at about 1:30 Sunday morning carrying the couple’s 5-month-old son, Felipe Bins, who was unharmed.

“As he approached the police department,” said Hettinger, “all he said was that he was sorry.”

SewingDeb
05-26-2006, 01:30 AM
Here's another one.
http://www.charleston.net/stories/default_pf.aspx?newsID=89757

A 73-year-old North Charleston man has been charged with intentionally setting a fire that killed his wife at their Evanston Estates home, authorities said.

A warrant for first-degree arson accuses Bobby McCarn of using a flammable accelerant to start the blaze then afternoon of Feb. 2. McCarn was arrested Tuesday and a magistrate set his bond at $50,000, the warrant states.

snip

They discovered 53-year-old Deborah McCarn alive but unconscious in a rear bedroom. She was pronounced dead from smoke inhalation at Roper Hospital around 4:45 a.m. the next morning.

Fire investigators had traced the origin of the fire to the living- room sofa, according to a police report filed shortly after the incident.

Based on video surveillance, authorities concluded that the fire started right after Bobby McCarn left the home, the warrant states. Hours before, his wife had expressed fears that her husband would harm her, the warrant states.

maiseyjane
05-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Nashville, TN.........Troy Vaughn

Troy Vaughn shot and killed Julie Vaughn (29 yrs. old) and then killed himself in front of their 2 year old. Their 6 and 8 year old boys were not present at the time. Troy and Julie were in the process of a divorce. Divorce was to be final a month after the shooting. Julie had a restraining order against Troy.

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Local10.com - News - Sex Assault Suspect Kills Family, Self (http://www.local10.com/news/9274442/detail.html)

Authorities in New Jersey said a man standing trial on sexual assault charges killed himself, his wife and their two children just hours before he was scheduled to testify.

After Scott McCarter, 40, failed to show up for Thursday's court session, officials went to his house and found the bodies of McCarter, his wife, Wendy, his 12-year-old son and 7-year-old daughter. County Prosecutor Ronald Casella said the victims appear to have died from gunshot wounds...

SewingDeb
06-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Man Charged in Stabbing Death of His Estranged Wife (http://www.wxii12.com/news/9333721/detail.html?treets=gws&tid=2654350408813&tml=gws_12pm&tmi=gws_12pm_1_11000206072006&ts=H) Man Charged In Winston-Salem Stabbing Death

Jeffery Neal Garner, 27, was placed in the Forsyth County Detention Center with no bond allowed, according to a statement from Winston-Salem police.

Officers responded to 823 W. 7th Street just after 8 p.m. Tuesday. Ashley Mabe Garner had multiple stab wounds and was taken to Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, investigators said. She died at the hospital.

Garner was her estranged husband, police said. He will appear in court June 23.

SewingDeb
06-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Man charged with killing wife, kidnapping daughter
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/carrasco07.html

The man who disappeared with his 16-month-old daughter hours after his wife was found stabbed to death in their Little Village home Sunday night was charged Wednesday with murder and kidnapping.

Fidel Carrasco, also known as Daniel Medina, was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Maria Medina, 29, and aggravated kidnapping of a child under the age of 13, according to a release issued by Chicago Police News Affairs.

~more at link~

SewingDeb
06-14-2006, 06:13 AM
I don't know if Justin Barber is on the list. He's on trial in St. Augustine for shooting his wife on the beach:

http://www.courttv.com/trials/barber/061306_ctv.html

Jurors see accused killer reenact the night his wife was slain in police video

SewingDeb
06-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Myron Britt is on trial for killing his wife Nancy.

http://www.wral.com/news/9360171/detail.html

nanandjim
06-14-2006, 12:08 PM
I don't know if Justin Barber is on the list. He's on trial in St. Augustine for shooting his wife on the beach:

SewingDeb - Although I think that Justin murdered his wife, I don't think that those accused should be added to this thread until they are convicted. That's just my opinion, though. :blushing:

SewingDeb
06-14-2006, 01:09 PM
SewingDeb - Although I think that Justin murdered his wife, I don't think that those accused should be added to this thread until they are convicted. That's just my opinion, though. :blushing:

Oh, I'm sorry. I guess we shouldn't add the guy who may have shot the judge in Reno and is now charged with stabbing his wife to death unless/until he's convicted.

nanandjim
06-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I guess we shouldn't add the guy who may have shot the judge in Reno and is now charged with stabbing his wife to death unless/until he's convicted.
SewingDeb - Like I said, that's just my opinion! I didn't start this thread, but I figured that we should at least let these guys have their day in court!!

Then, again, there are actually some murderers that did have their day in court and got off--like Blake and Simpson!! So, forget what I suggested!! :blowkiss:

SewingDeb
06-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Oh, I'm not arguing. I'm glad you posted that because I was finding all kinds of men on trial right now for the murder of their wives. I can wait to see if they're convicted before adding them.

LOL about Blake and Simpson. I know what you mean.

SewingDeb
06-17-2006, 07:15 AM
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=127323

A St. Paul man has been found guilty of killing his estranged wife back in July of 2004.

A jury found Moua Her guilty of murder one with a pattern of domestic abuse and guilty of three counts of murder in the second degree. He was found not guilty of premeditated murder.

Her was arrested at an Illinois motel after his wife, Sheng Vang, 21, was found murdered.

Reader
06-26-2006, 06:27 PM

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FL_PARK_SLAYING_FLOL-?SITE=FLTAL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) -- A jury recommended a death sentence Monday for a north Florida man who was convicted of gunning down his wife on a beach, then making up a story about a botched robbery.

After deliberating 30 hours before finding Justin Barber, 34, guilty Saturday of first-degree murder for killing his wife April Barber, 27, at Guana River State Park in August 2002, jurors spent just an hour before reaching an 8-4 death recommendation.
------------------------------
Prosecutors said Barber killed his wife to collect on a life insurance policy worth more than $2.1 million. They said Barber was facing mounting debt and his wife's allegations of infidelity. He was arrested in July 2004.

aussiegran
08-10-2006, 06:11 PM
:( Sadly there is a few more names to add .
Tracy Tribble is one .

SewingDeb
09-16-2006, 09:25 PM
http://www.10news.com/news/9858440/detail.html?subid=22100481&qs=1;bp=t

Polygamist, Former Youth Pastor Sentenced
Pastor Stabbed, Mutilated Wife

SAN DIEGO -- A former youth pastor was convicted of fatally stabbing one of his two wives, mutilating her body, then buring her in the Arizona desert, was sentenced with 26 years to life in state prison.

Sean Barclay Goff, 38, was convicted July 27 of first-degree murder in the Sept. 19, 2003, death of Joy Risker, the mother of two of his three sons.

TaylorJ4
09-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Richard Crafts, an airline pilot from Newtown, Connecticut, murdered his wife, Helle Crafts in 1986 and disposed of her body by freezing it and then using a woodchipper....

OneLostGrl
09-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Richard Crafts, an airline pilot from Newtown, Connecticut, murdered his wife, Helle Crafts in 1986 and disposed of her body by freezing it and then using a woodchipper....

I grew up in Connecticut and was 14 yrs. old when this happened but I will never forget this case!

SewingDeb
09-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Suspect in wife's murder is dead

Day after Dawn Roberts' body found in home, Kelly Roberts' body located in Vermont woods

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=517464&category=REGIONOTHER&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=9/16/2006

SewingDeb
09-23-2006, 12:50 PM
http://www.stacyskids.com/recentnews62995601.aspx

Sep 23, 2006 - Green gets 90 years for killing wife, unborn son

CROWN POINT | For what David Green referred to as a "series of bad decisions" he'll be spending 90 years in prison.

A jury found Green, 31, guilty of murdering his estranged wife, Stacy Green, 29, and their unborn son, Nathanael, in their Griffith home Nov. 2, 2004. Stacy Green was days from delivering the child.

At his sentencing Friday, Green told Lake Criminal Court Judge Thomas P. Stefaniak Jr. his first bad decision was moving out in February 2003, when Stacy Green asked him to leave.

That was followed by having an affair, telling Stacy Green about it after having dinner with her and their two children Nov. 2, 2004, and fighting back when she attacked him with a knife, he said.

Upon sentencing Green, Stefaniak added to that list of bad decisions "clearly wiping the knife" off on his dead wife's sweat shirt, washing it and putting it back in the kitchen drawer, walking to the car and driving back to his mistress, leaving his two children, age 4 and 5, to discover their mother dead in a pool of blood.

SewingDeb
10-18-2006, 09:51 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15214489/

Former Police Officer Convicted Of Murder Sentenced To Life

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - A former Birmingham police officer convicted of murdering his wife was sentenced to life behind bars Tuesday. Augustus Lundy admitted he shot and killed Tarakisha Hodo on Mother?s Day in 2005. Lundy shot Hodo three times with a shotgun while their children were still in the house.

Lundy pleaded guilty to the murder in August, saying his wife refused to divorce him after she revealed she was participating in an extramarital affair.

Gozgals
10-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Peter McFetridge murders girlfriend- August 1985

<Snip>
Peter McFetridge in 1988 on charges of murdering his girlfriend in August of 1985 even though her body hadn't been found.

Goodfellow said the girlfriend had kicked McFetridge out of the house the day before she disappeared.

He said there was blood on the carpet of the home the couple shared on Telegraph Avenue in Oakland and there were bullet holes on the floor and wall that he believed came from a rifle that McFetridge owned.

Goodfellow said he also introduced a statement by McFetridge's mother that McFetridge had admitted to her that he had shot his girlfriend.

In a dramatic development in the trial, McFetridge, who was represented by veteran defense lawyer Tony Serra, claimed that he shot his girlfriend in self-defense and revealed that he had buried her 3 feet under their house.

His trial was halted for nearly two weeks while authorities dug up her body.

Goodfellow said the girlfriend's body had five bullet wounds, which he said destroyed McFetridge's contention that he had shot her in self-defense.

McFetridge, who died in state prison last year, was convicted of second-degree murder.

However, Goodfellow said he thinks McFetridge would have been convicted of first-degree murder if his girlfriend's body hadn't been found.

He said because the body was found, McFetridge was able to give jurors "a plausible story" that the shooting occurred during a heat of the moment boyfriend-girlfriend argument.

"His story was that there had been a confrontation," Goodfellow said.

http://cbs5.com/localwire/localfsnews/bcn/2006/10/16/n/HeadlineNews/NOT-THE-NORM/resources_bcn_html

cinsbythesea
10-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Rick Williams

A friend of mine worked with Hetty Williams in the Grass Valley, CA area - I remember being horrified at the idea of being shot with a nailgun. So here's my contribution to this very long, sad list...

http://www.theunion.com/article/20060614/NEWS/106140135

SewingDeb
10-18-2006, 10:03 PM
How awful cins!

Here's another one for the list:

http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/1018/golden_ap.html

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — A youth minister who confessed to killing his wife and burying her body in the woods amid wild boar carcasses, pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced to life in prison.

Eric Brian Golden, 36, entered the plea Tuesday in the death of DeeDee Marie Golden, who had been his high school sweetheart.

SewingDeb
10-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Lubbock Man Gets Life In Prison For Murder of His Wife

http://www.kamc28.tv/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=1924

Steven Lovato, 36, plead guilty to killing his estranged wife. He will now spend the rest of his life in prison.

Lovato stabbed Michelle Lovato on November 12, 2005. Her body was discovered in an van parked in a field near 106th Street and Chicago Avenue.

The Lovatos had three kids, but were separated at the time of the murder. Authorities say they don`t know why Lovato killed his wife and say they may never know.

s_finch
10-24-2006, 10:51 PM

To paraphrase from John Douglas, "If the perp's character doesn't seem to match the crime, then you just didn't really know his character." I'll try to find the exact quote.

s_finch
10-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Seems like the main reasons husbands/boyfriends kill their wives/girlfriends are:

1- She's in the way and he wants out

2-She's pregnant and he doesn't want the burden of another child

3-Collecting on that life insurance policy is looking really good to him

4-She's decided to leave and he can't handle losing control of her (Kinda of like, "If I can't have her, no one else will")

SewingDeb
10-30-2006, 09:50 PM
I believe you've got it, s. finch.

Here's another one to add to the list:

http://www.wjactv.com/mostpopular/10188243/detail.html

NEW YORK -- A bitter husband with a shotgun hidden in his sweater sneaked up on his estranged wife as she was about to enter her new apartment Sunday.

As her new neighbors watched, the New York man shot his estranged wife in her head outside her apartment.

Witnesses said the man killed Karen Skellas while ignoring her screams for mercy. Neighbors said the husband, with his bleeding wife slumped at his feet, then shot himself in the face.

The couple had been in the process of getting a divorce. Skellas had lived in the apartment in Brooklyn for just a week.

and

Witnesses said they heard the 44-year-old woman screaming "No! No!" and then yelling in Greek while her husband, 48-year-old Ioannis Skellas, took aim at her head from inches away.

SewingDeb
11-05-2006, 10:23 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06309/735905-85.stm

Sunday, November 05, 2006

State police have identified a couple who died in apparent murder-suicide on Friday.

An autopsy determined that Tina M. Fluharty, 46, died of multiple gunshot wounds, police said Saturday. Ms. Fluharty was shot along with her father, William Bernadini, 70, and Trooper B.R. Henderson about noon Friday.

James P. Fluharty, 49, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said. His body was found inside the couple's burned out home, which police believe James Fluharty set on fire.

santos1014
11-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Sam Sheppard

SewingDeb
12-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Domestic Violence Led to Preston Murder-Suicide

snips from the article:

In September, witnesses say Steven Donald showed up at his wife's workplace in Richmond, Utah threatening to shoot her and himself. Deputies took him to Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello for a mental evaluation.

and

But Annette Donald did not leave. Preston police told us today in this statement, three days before Christmas, she asked to that the protective order be lifted. The couple went on a Christmas vacation and when it went sour, Mrs. Donald told police she didn't want any more contact with her husband.

By then, it was too late. Yesterday, police say Steven Donald shot his wife to death in her apartment then shot himself while on the phone with police.

Domestic violence experts say abusers need years of therapy. It's not going to get better in a few weeks or even a couple months.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=758205

lisafremont
12-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Sam Sheppard has been exonerated.

But here are some who truly are guilty:

Wayne Guidry Jr
killed gf Stephanie Pepper Sims

Jeff Krotine
killed wife Ramona

Jim Barton
killed wife Vickie

Dr. David Tipton
killed wife Karen

Prof. Thomas Murray
killed estranged wife Carmin

Jerry Jones Jr. thrice convicted of
killing wife Lee

John Maloney
killed wife Sandy

Robert Chambers
killed gf Jennifer Levin

Lewis Joyner
killed wife Ruby and her friend Halima Jones

Prof. Ed Sherman
killed pregnant wife Ellen

Christian Longo
killed his wife and three children

Jim Watson
killed wife Beverly

Patrick Bradford
killed gf Tammy Mohr

someone help me with the names of another case---
wife walks dogs in woods, mother finds her body, shot to death
husband convicted. "Marble man" finds the shell casings; husband gave wife's clothes to a coworker with a letter from the wife that he forged, it was called the "sweater letter" Can't remember the names!!
Oh, and he had tried to kill her previously with a cement block dropped from the roof but she survived!

And Rabbi Fred Neulander's name needs to be on the compiled list.

Pepper
12-28-2006, 01:16 PM
But what about the women who have killed their husbands? There are plenty of them too, but they usually get less harsh sentences.

There is one here in town that is about to go on trial for the most brutal and disgusting murder of her ex-husband that you could ever imagine. Larissa Schuster was a biochemist who owned a chemical lab. She broke into her ex's house, stunned him with a stun gun, chloroformed him, stuffed him head first into a drum, and poured hydrochloric acid on him WHILE HE WAS STILL ALIVE. After rigor set in, his feet popped open the drum, so she then sawed off his feet with a hacksaw so she could re-seal the drum.

Her accomplice has already been convicted of 1st degree murder, so there is no doubt she will also be convicted, and guess what?

THE D.A. IS NOT GOING FOR THE DEATH PENALTY! :banghead: :furious:

lisafremont
12-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Ah, pepper--- it turns out that you started a thread on the very subject. I found it, bumped it up and added a few more names.

lisafremont
12-28-2006, 04:29 PM
This just in...

http://www.1010wins.com/pages/15306...ontentId=264670

Rabbi Fred Neulander's conviction has been upheld. :clap:

lisafremont
12-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Adding...

Col. George Marecek
killed wife Viperat

lisafremont
12-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Fortunately and amazingly the wife survived this assault...

Joseph McLaughlin had hitmen
run down his wife, Mary Ann, in a Boston garage

lisafremont
12-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Richard Overton
killed wife Janet
a bigamist, he also poisoned previous wife Dorothy
with silenium but she survived.

Dan Willoughby
killed wife Trish
sent children into the house knowing they'd find their mother's body

lisafremont
12-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Bob Durrell
killed wife Sherry

lisafremont
01-06-2007, 03:28 PM
son of Episcopal bishop
Stephen Beckham
killed wife Vicki Landers

Waterlily
01-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Mark Lundy - murdered his wife, Christine and 7 year old daughter Amber using a tomahawk. He was away on a business trip for the weekend, called home in the early evening to say goodnight to his wife and daughter, then drove home at high speed in the dead of night to murder both of them, before returning to his motel room and hiring a hooker to spend the rest of the evening with.

Brian Schlaepfer - murdered his wife, three sons, daughter in law and grandson and finally himself in 1992. The only survivor was his 9 year old grand daughter, who survived by hiding in a wardrobe during the massacre.

Gozgals
01-06-2007, 10:08 PM
In Idaho---- December 26, 2006

Alofa Time, 51 years old, entered a guilty plea to first-degree murder for the beheading of his wife Teresa Time.

Gozgals

White Rain
01-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Dr. Ken Taylor Book: In a child's name
Ronald Gene Simmons, killed his wife, several children, and even grandchildren
Book: Zero at the bone
Wayne Chaney Book: Prisoners of fear
Jonathan Nyce: Book: Never leave me
Rob Marshall Book: Blind Faith
Peter Bergna Book: Over the edge
Todd Garton Book: Kill or be killed
Ken Fitzhugh Book: Blood will tell
Robert Bierenbaum Book: The surgeons wife

cami
01-08-2007, 11:33 AM
In Idaho---- December 26, 2006

Alofa Time, 51 years old, entered a guilty plea to first-degree murder for the beheading of his wife Teresa Time.

Gozgals

Colin Thatcher, a Canadian MLA and former Cabinet Minister. He was however, just granted parole after serving 23 years for the murder of his wife, JoAnn.

lisafremont
01-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Dr. Ken Taylor Book: In a child's name
Ronald Gene Simmons, killed his wife, several children, and even grandchildren
Book: Zero at the bone
Wayne Chaney Book: Prisoners of fear
Jonathan Nyce: Book: Never leave me
Rob Marshall Book: Blind Faith
Peter Bergna Book: Over the edge
Todd Garton Book: Kill or be killed
Ken Fitzhugh Book: Blood will tell
Robert Bierenbaum Book: The surgeons wife

No need to apologize. Good additions, if that word can be used, and only one had I added, namely Rob Marshall. How did I forget Dr. Robert Bierenbaum whose wife disappeared in my very neighborhood?? I remember the MISSING flyers all over, back when those were unusual.

And Dr. Ken Taylor!! The dentist who beat his lovely wife, new mom Teressa, to death, cleaned up and dumped her body by a roadside in Pa.! He had their infant son in the car with the body!! He claimed in his trial that he caught her molesting the baby! This from a coke-fiend addicted to phone-porn and whose super-religious parents lied to the court in Indiana to fraudulently obtain custody of the baby who had been living with Teressa's sister and hubby on Staten Is. Peter Maas got involved and wrote an article, later the book. Ultimately justice prevailed. The baby went back to SI and Ken's butt is in prison and he was stripped of parental rights. Oh, and he had beaten an earlier wife. Scum.

White Rain
01-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Lisa, I haven't read the book about Dr. Robert Bierenbaum. Have you read the book and is it any good? I know nothing is good about murder but you know what I mean.

lisafremont
01-08-2007, 06:22 PM
It was a quickie book but contained much I didn't know. Get it second hand like on ebay or abe or even Barnes & Nobles sells used books. It fills in the gaps.

White Rain
01-08-2007, 06:24 PM
It was a quickie book but contained much I didn't know. Get it second hand like on ebay or abe or even Barnes & Nobles sells used books. It fills in the gaps.
thanks!

Mafitz
05-31-2007, 12:16 PM
I always thought men who murdered their wives/gf were abusers that took it the final step but then I was referred to this site by someone and the level of absolute hatred portrayed suggests it actually goes beyond the abuser mentality. Its almost sociopathic.

http://www.nomarriage.com/

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-31-2007, 12:30 PM
http://www.nomarriage.com/
OMG, that's some of the most disgusting stuff I've ever read! Simply shocking!

t93
05-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Yes, I was shocked,too!

Mafitz
05-31-2007, 01:07 PM
OMG, that's some of the most disgusting stuff I've ever read! Simply shocking!

I know my stomach went into knots when I saw it, but since I started with the online sleuthing I found myself thinking about that site more and more. I hope I don't upset anyone by them going to that site because it really is filled with a sociopathic hatred, and should not be taken personally. But this man's views on his site reflect very similarly to much of the behaviours we see in these men who kill their partners. Does that make sense? I mean if we were to profile many of these men they and this man would have common ground IMO.

Maybe I am just reading to much into that site? Or thinking too much. You know it is easy to spot when the man lost his mind and killed his wife in a fit of rage, etc., but then there are those that just do it as though they have some right to do it. Yet we are all raised with the "it is bad to take a life" lessons, so what is it in this particular group that makes them think they are above it?

How are you supposed to protect yourself from marrying someone like Ted Bundy wife killer when his darkside is not blatantly obvious? I have no doubt that most of these women never saw it coming until it was too late.

RiverRat
05-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Unfortunately, I must add Scott Huss to this select list.

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Maybe I am just reading to much into that site?
I personally think that this is a guy that's been constantly rejected by women, (gee, I wonder why), and/or finds it amusing to be deliberately offensive. I suppose that this is his 15 minutes of fame.

But I definitely know what you mean about protecting yourself against people like this. How DO you know when the person doesn't have a history? IMO, people like this usually do exhibit signs of sociopathy but so many people are blinded by love that they don't recognize the signs when they see them.

nanandjim
05-31-2007, 05:24 PM
...And Dr. Ken Taylor!! The dentist who beat his lovely wife, new mom Teressa, to death, cleaned up and dumped her body by a roadside in Pa.! He had their infant son in the car with the body!! He claimed in his trial that he caught her molesting the baby! This from a coke-fiend addicted to phone-porn and whose super-religious parents lied to the court in Indiana to fraudulently obtain custody of the baby who had been living with Teressa's sister and hubby on Staten Is. Peter Maas got involved and wrote an article, later the book. Ultimately justice prevailed. The baby went back to SI and Ken's butt is in prison and he was stripped of parental rights. Oh, and he had beaten an earlier wife. Scum.

Wasn't this the dentist whose wife was nearly beaten to death on their honeymoon in Mexico? The wife later discovered her earrings that were taken during the supposed room invasion in his briefcase and confronted him. He then beat her to death with barbells. If this is the same guy, there was a Lifetime movie starring Valerie Bertinelli as the sister who went through hell and back to get custody of her sister's child. The husband didn't care about the child. It was the control.

Didn't he also have a younger, pot smoking brother that he wanted to have custody if something happened to his parents? The brother that had never lived on his own and couldn't hold down a job?

I think that Louise Fletcher played his mother. Man, the parents were portrayed as real nuts in the movie.

In the movie, Teressa's sister discovered a videotape of her and the baby. It showed how loving a mother she was. It was supposedly played at trial to counter the claims that she was abusive to the baby.

SewingDeb
06-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Calvin Harris

Wife has been missing for years. Found guilty of murder

HARRIS TRIAL: Verdict surprises but pleases many in Owego

http://www.stargazettenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070608/UPDATE/306080001

aussiegran
06-11-2007, 07:19 PM
:( It has taken me a while to get back to this .I followed Christine Rudy's murder and it affected me badly ,its taken awhile but I am back to it now.
I think all of us have one persons sad story that really gets to us and mine was christine's.please add any names and I will put them on the list.

Jerry Anderson
Terry Anderson
Joe Andrews-Anna Synder
Steven Barbee
Justin Barber
Brandon Bare
Jim Barton
Mark Barton
Eric Bechler
Stephen Beckham
Anthony Bell
Jeremias Bins
Alan Blackthorne
Michael Blagg
robert blake
Tom Boskowski
Patrick Bradford
David Brame
Myron Britt
Andrew Byrne
Jeff Cahill
Mario Calderon
David Camm
Fidel Carrasco
Rae Carruth
Robert Chambers
David Collier-Lorainne Collier
Barry Corbin
Richard Crafts
Brad Cunningham
Willy Davis-Lashanya Hinnant
jeffery lynn Daily- Sheila Dillard
Vincent Doan
Steven Donald
Scott Douglas
Scott Dunn
Bob Durrell
Robert Durst
Timothy Engh
Neil Entwistle.
Yazeed Essa
Kenneth Fitzhugh
Mick Fletcher
James P. Fluharty
Robert A Fratta
Alonso Garibay-Carmen Rodrigez
jeffery Neal Garner
Bruce Giles
Edward Gingerich
Sean Barclay Goff
Eric Brian Golden
David Michael Green
Richard Greist
Wayne Guidry Jr
Daniel Gunderson
Mark Hacking
Christopher Hampton
Dennis Earl Handie-Shaneda Ricks
Calvin Harris
Alford L. “Al” Hendrix-Virginia Hendrix
Tom Hicks-Cindy Lynn Hicks
Kemp Horton
Dale Huebner
Scott Huss
Richard Illes
Leon Jackson-Kenya Thigpen
Jerry Jones Jr.
Lewis Joyner
James Keown
James Klindt
Jeff Krotine
Randell Larue-Joann Marie Queeny
John Lee
John List
Keniko Montel Logan-Loretta Releford
Christian Longo
Steven Lovato
Augustus Lundy
Gregg Madigosky
John Maloney
George Marecek
Bobby McCarn
Scott McCarter
Stephen McCoy-Betty McCoy
Richard McFarland
Peter McFetridge
David McGowan
Joseph McLaughlin
Perry March
Rob Marshall
Jeffrey McDonald
James Miller-Bridgette Barr
? Moua- murdered Sheng Vang
Donald Moringiello
Joseph Morrow
Prof. Thomas Murray
Rabbi Fred Neulander
Joseph Oliver-Saprina Oliver
Richard Overton
Ralf Panitz
Michael Peterson
Scott Peterson
Steven Poaches
Steven Potter-Jessica Morgan
Warren Powell
Simon Rios
Craig Rabinowitz
Quinton Ray
Brad Reay
Kelly Roberts'
James Rouse - Donna Rouse
Shaun Rudy
Brian Schlaepfer
L. Ewing Scott
John Sharpe
Richard Sharpe
Sam Sheppard
steven sherer
Prof. Ed Sherman
Ronald Gene Simmons
OJ Simpson
Ioannis Skellas
Charles Stuart
James Sullivan
William Sybers
Elias Syriani
Dr. Ken Taylor
Colin Thatcher
Dr. David Tipton
Alofa Time
Fred Tokars
John Trevino
Jean-Baptiste-Troppman
Troy Vaughn
Barry Vick
claus von bulow
James Dewey Waller-Cassandra Adney
Gerald Watkins
Jim Watson
Michael White
Rick Williams
Dan Willoughby
Dickie F. Wimmer
Raymond Wood

aussiegran
06-11-2007, 07:22 PM
does anyone know the name of the POS that murdered Lisa . it doesnt say in the article attatched to her name.
http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/9253052/detail.html?subid=22100413&qs=1;bp=t

dark_shadows
06-11-2007, 08:46 PM
does anyone know the name of the POS that murdered Lisa . it doesnt say in the article attatched to her name.
Hi Aussiegran,:blowkiss:
His name is Bruce Giles and he committed suicide. He was a convicted felon and he was not supposed to own a gun.

Here is something from 2000 about his divorce from a woman. link (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=mo&vol=/appeals/122000/&invol=9120500_2000)
Parts from the link;
Upon dissolution of the parties' marriage in 1991, the parties were awarded joint legal custody of their minor child with Ms. Beckwith receiving primary physical custody subject to Mr. Giles rights of reasonable visitation. Sometime after the parties dissolution, Mr. Giles was convicted on two counts of Assault in the second degree and two counts Armed Criminal Action. He was placed in the custody of the Missouri Department of Corrections on or about September 9, 1994.

Man shoots himself after killing woman. (http://www.accessmylibrary.com/comsite5/bin/pdinventory.pl?pdlanding=1&referid=2930&purchase_type=ITM&item_id=0286-15345821)

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

aussiegran
06-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi.dark shadows .
thanks for the link .I added his name .all these poor women, it makes me sick to think what they went through .I have been checking to see how many were pregnant like christine rudy and its just shocking how many were .I know there are more names to add since I made the list so I will do a bit more checking .

dark_shadows
06-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi.dark shadows .
thanks for the link .I added his name .all these poor women, it makes me sick to think what they went through .I have been checking to see how many were pregnant like christine rudy and its just shocking how many were .I know there are more names to add since I made the list so I will do a bit more checking .
Hi Aussiegran,:)
I do not know if you have read this article or not.
ABC news (http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=90678&page=4)

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

aussiegran
06-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi Aussiegran,:)
I do not know if you have read this article or not.
ABC news (http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=90678&page=4)

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

thanks for the link dark shadows. its just mind blowing what some men can be like when there wife or partner are pregnant .
here is a snip from it

Sometimes the desire to continue an extramarital affair, cover it up or make it go away can endanger a pregnant woman. In Ohio, Dr. Maynard Muntzing is serving a five-year prison sentence for contamination of a substance for human consumption and attempted felonious assault after dropping anti-ulcer medication in his pregnant girlfriend's drink.
Muntzing was still married when Michelle Baker told him she was pregnant with his child. Muntzing, who wanted to reconcile with his estranged wife, Tammy, asked Baker to get an abortion and she refused.
One of the side effects of the medication Muntzing put in Baker's drink was miscarriage, and two months later she lost the child she was carrying. Muntzing was arrested in August 2000 after police, observing him through a pinhole video camera, saw him tamper with another drink meant for Baker in her kitchen.

Saavy
06-11-2007, 10:22 PM
James Rouse-Donna Rouse
Jeffrey Lynn Daily-Sheila Dillard
Joe Andrews-Anna Synder

nanandjim
06-11-2007, 10:55 PM
We can add Cal Harris who was just convicted of murdering his wife, Michelle, in Owego, NY. Her body has never been found. They were going through a divorce and she stood to be set for life. He was worth several million as he and his family own several car lots in the area. Now, their four young children will be without a mother or father. He arranged for his family members to raise the children should he be convicted. I hope that her family fights for the kids.

aussiegran
06-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Thanks saavy.I have added them .
James Rouse-Donna Rouse
Jeffrey Lynn Daily-Sheila Dillard
Joe Andrews-Anna Synder

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Police: Suspect confessed (phillyBurbs.com) | Courier Times (http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-05192007-1349221.html)

Right before police read him his rights in February, Samuel Funk allegedly told a detective: "I killed the girl I love, the girl that I was going to marry, the girl that I was going to spend my life with..."

Funk and (Jacqueline) Goulding had broken up before her death, and that she was getting back together with her husband...

police said they found blood on the kitchen floor, counter and sink, as well as on the bedroom walls before finding Goulding’s body covered in bloodstains "from head to toe..."

(Funk) allegedly told police that during their struggle they both fell together, and Goulding landed on a knife.

The Trentonian - Husband speaks out over wife’s death (http://www.trentonian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17847970&BRD=1697&PAG=461&dept_id=44551&rfi=6)

Jacqueline Goulding had dumped Sam Funk Jr., her alleged killer, and was trying to patch things up with her husband, Rick Goulding said yesterday...

"We were trying to work things out," Rick Goulding said, "because of him being a jackass." Rick said the unit at Aspen Falls was in his wife’s name, with Funk staying there now and then.

Goulding, a heavy equipment mechanic, said he’d last talked to her on Saturday, about 1:30 p.m.

"She was going to come over Saturday ... and hang out," Rick Goulding said. "We’d been talking. She had split up with him about a month, month-and-a-half ago. We were trying to work our marriage back out."

Rick said others have told him what happened next: "She just got out of the shower. She was going to do make-up, and she was going to call me back. And she never did ...

"From what I heard, they ended up in a brawl in the apartment," Rick said. "They were fighting about her talking to me. She didn’t want nothing to do with the [guy]. She wanted to kind of work out our marriage. And ended up getting her killed..."

Bucks man is being held in girlfriend's fatal stabbing Philadelphia Inquirer, The - Find Articles (http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:DDWaUtYeTvcJ:findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_kmtpi/is_200702/ai_n18668428+%22jacqueline+goulding%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us&ie=UTF-8)

A Bucks County man, already under court sanctions for harassing a former girlfriend, was charged yesterday with fatally stabbing another woman, with whom he lived...

White Rain
06-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Wasn't this the dentist whose wife was nearly beaten to death on their honeymoon in Mexico? The wife later discovered her earrings that were taken during the supposed room invasion in his briefcase and confronted him. He then beat her to death with barbells. If this is the same guy, there was a Lifetime movie starring Valerie Bertinelli as the sister who went through hell and back to get custody of her sister's child. The husband didn't care about the child. It was the control.

Didn't he also have a younger, pot smoking brother that he wanted to have custody if something happened to his parents? The brother that had never lived on his own and couldn't hold down a job?

I think that Louise Fletcher played his mother. Man, the parents were portrayed as real nuts in the movie.

In the movie, Teressa's sister discovered a videotape of her and the baby. It showed how loving a mother she was. It was supposedly played at trial to counter the claims that she was abusive to the baby.

Yes, that was him, and all you mentioned was true. I have never seen the movie though, will definitely keep an eye out for it.

aussiegran
06-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Frank Simon -Tammy Simon
Roger McDowell-Dawna Wright -pregnant
Juan Mendez Jr., -Whitney Mendez
Jims Beneche -Mary Ravenell
Kristopher Parker -Tiffany Parker
Joshua Bean-Heather Norris
Tom Toolan-Beth Lochtefeld
Clinton Ray Egbert-Tami Egbert
Omar Mora-Lisa Mora
Valentin Luna-
Everette Simpson-Estelle Simpson-Virginia Hudson-Ruby Richardson
John Peek-Carol Marlin-kasi Peek
Jake Taylor-Rachel Pendray
Shundavian Brooks-Nefertiti Williams
Michael Nock-Danielle Apodaca
Victor Serrato-Miriam Carmona -pregnant
John W. Graves Jr., -Angela Readance
Mark Bowling-Julie Bowling

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Valentin Luna-
His wife's name is Mirna Argueta (some articles refer to her as Mirna Luna) and from what I've read, Valentin also shot to death his 7 year-old son, Christian. Mirna apparently had two children from a prior marriage that are now in the custody of their father. Sadly, one of those children was present during the conflict that took her mom and her brother's lives.

cbs11tv.com - Carrollton Murder-Suicide Shooter Identified (http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_141230352.html)

... The woman and child have been identified as Mirna Argueta and 7-year-old Christian.

A Carrollton police spokesman says police received calls of shots fired in the neighborhood and arrived to find the bodies of Argueta in the front yard and Christian in a pickup truck in front of the house...

hoosierem
06-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately, this is another sad case to add to your list. Alan Matheny was in prison for battery of his ex-wife, Lisa Bianco, and was let out on an 8-hour furlough and went directly to his ex-wife's home, broke in, and when she escaped from the home, he chased her down the sidewalk and beat her to death with a shotgun. He apparently made comments while in prison that he wanted to kill her.

And he was released for an 8-hour "furlough" and he achieved his goal.
http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/oldrow/mathenya.htm

He was sentenced to death and was executed in September 2005.
http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~archives/ABOLISH/dec05/3140.html (http://sun.soci.niu.edu/%7Earchives/ABOLISH/dec05/3140.html)
INDIANA----execution
Matheney executed for killing ex-wife - Daniels opted against clemency for
murderer Alan Matheney, 54, one of the most notorious killers on Indiana's death row, was executed by lethal injection early today at the Indiana State Prison in Michigan City.

Gov. Mitch Daniels denied him clemency Tuesday without explanation.

Late Tuesday night, minutes before the execution took place, 7 people
stood outside the governor's residence with signs protesting the
execution. "I call it the murder penalty," said Jennifer Cobb, 47. "I believe the state taking a life because that person took a life makes the state a
hypocrite."

A Lake County jury, which recommended the death penalty, convicted
Matheney of murder for beating his ex-wife, Lisa Marie Bianco, 29, to
death in March 1989 with a rifle butt while on an 8-hour furlough from the
Correctional Industrial Facility near Pendleton.

Matheney traveled to Mishawaka, burst into Bianco's home, caught her as
she tried to run away and struck her in the head with a rifle so hard the
weapon broke.

At the time of his crime, Matheney was serving a 7-year sentence for
beating Bianco and trying to abduct their 2 daughters. Mental health
experts testified Matheney was delusional, falsely believing Bianco was
having an affair with a local prosecutor and the pair were conspiring to
keep him in prison for life. At trial, his legal team, including then-public defender Scott King, who's now mayor of Gary, mounted an unsuccessful insanity defense.

Bianco's murder made national headlines and prompted then-Gov. Evan Bayh, who was nearly 2 months into his 1st term, to scrap furloughs and deny nearly all requests for clemency during his 8 years in office.

Matheny becomes the the 5th condemned inmate to be executed in Indiana this year, and the 16th overall since the state resumed capital punishment
in 1981. Matheny becomes the 41st condemned inmate to be put to death this year in the USA and the 985th overall since America resumed executions on January 17, 1977.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-19-2007, 11:09 PM
What a horrible, horrible story.

aussiegran
06-20-2007, 07:56 PM
:mad: while I was researching I found these 2 links to some sad stories of soldiers who murdered their wives.
http://www.seattleweekly.com/2005-08-31/news/home-front-casualties.php

http://www.ufppc.org/content/view/3091/

SewingDeb
06-21-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't think this guy has been listed.

75-Year-Old Murder Suspect Ruled Incompetent

Albert Schuholz, 75 was found not competent to stand trial on charges he murdered his wife and her friend back in 1981.

Prosecutors say Schuholz murdered his wife Marie and her friend, Starla Burns.

In 1998 police arrested Schuholz for trying to hire a hitman to kill his wife Norma, but that hitman turned out to be an FBI informant.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=636fa221-dbda-47cb-a13c-4a91fcaa1fe2

SewingDeb
06-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Thomas Toolan III killed girlfriend Elizabeth Lochtefeld when she broke off the relationship.

Ex-bank exec guilty of Nantucket killing

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4909386.html

aussiegran
06-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Quite a few years ago I remember seeing an american 60minutes segment about a poor woman whose husband was let out of prison and he went straight to her place and murdered her ,she was on the phone to 911 and screaming for help when he killed her and it was all recorded by 911. this story stuck with me for a long time but sadly I cant remember her name .Does anyone remember it ?I would like to add her name to our list.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Is it Ronyale White? Her husband was under protective order but not in jail as far as I can tell.

ABC7Chicago.com: 911 tapes reveal horror of murdered woman's final moments (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=3484042)

Ronyale White was murdered by her husband on a May night three years ago. The tapes of her calls to 911 reveal both the horror of her final moments and the failure of police response...

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Pregnant Woman Shot To Death While Calling 911 - Local News Story - KPRC Houston (http://www.click2houston.com/news/5689238/detail.html?subid=22100412&qs=1;bp=t)

A pregnant woman was shot and killed while calling 911 in her southeast Harris County home Wednesday, officials told KPRC Local 2...

Arnold was three months pregnant.

Neighbors said they saw Arnold arguing with her husband, 46-year-old Howard Holmes, outside their home Tuesday...

aussiegran
06-22-2007, 02:18 AM
:( I didnt realise there would be more than one .niave of me wasnt it .Thanks for the links JerseyGirl .
I will add these if they arent on the list.
I think the woman I am thinking about was more like 7 years or more ago and her husband was let out of prison earlier than he was supposed too and he virtually went straight to her and killed her.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi aussiegran. The first one I posted, Ronyale White, is closer to what you're saying. I only posted the second because I came across it during my search. Sadly, there were many who died under these circumstances when I started searching around although Ronyale's story was the one where they mentioned her terror being on tape. It gives me a chill all over again just thinking of these poor women.

I came across so many new women that were murdered by their significant others that I decided not to start listing them or I would have been here all night, hogging the thread. When I have the time, I may start to go through and gather some names that I came across. The web search was truly startling.

NewMom2003
06-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Ira Einhorn murdered girlfriend, Holly Maddux.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/famous/einhorn/index_1.html

montana_16
06-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Is it Ronyale White? Her husband was under protective order but not in jail as far as I can tell.

ABC7Chicago.com: 911 tapes reveal horror of murdered woman's final moments (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=3484042)

Ronyale White was murdered by her husband on a May night three years ago. The tapes of her calls to 911 reveal both the horror of her final moments and the failure of police response...

OMG . I started crying when I heard her anguish when she was hiding in the bedroom just before the murder.

On this one we actually experienced the terror with her. I hope this guy gets the D.P. if they have it there. It's so obvious it was premeditated.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-22-2007, 06:17 PM
OMG . I started crying when I heard her anguish when she was hiding in the bedroom just before the murder.
It's the most horrific thing imaginable. I still can't get over her case. Here's some more info. and a picture of the low-life that murdered her:

ABC7Chicago.com: Tapes played on first day of murder trial (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=News&id=3381992)

"White called for help three times, but by the time police showed up she was dead.

With the marriage dissolving, White had taken to carrying a microcassette recorder to secretly record what she contended was her estranged husband's abusive physical treatment. White wound up tape recording her own death. That tape and three 911 calls have not yet been placed in the public domain, but they were played in court Thursday in all their chilling detail...

White's family had heard the 911 calls before, but they had never heard the contents of a microcassette player that White had turned on and put in her coat pocket. It recorded the last moment of her life with chilling clarity...

White's husband, Louis Drexel ... contends that her death resulted from a struggle over a gun ,and it was never his intention to kill her."

Apparently a wrongful death suit was filed - No. 1-03-2561, Moore v. Chicago Police Department Officer Green (http://www.state.il.us/court/Opinions/AppellateCourt/2004/1stDistrict/December/Html/1032651.htm)

Louis Drexel was found guilty - the jury deliberated less than an hour. I know that they were seeking the death penalty. I'm still checking to see what sentence he received.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-22-2007, 06:23 PM
ABC7Chicago.com: Estranged husband convicted in wife's shooting death (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=News&id=3393233)

...Drexel's defense was that White had produced the gun and that she was accidentally shot in a struggle. Prosecutors called that claim laughable if it weren't so sad. Ronyale White's tape tells a different story.

"That microcassette is invaluable. It's absolutely invaluable. And the idea that a woman would have the presence of mind that she did to actually push play, and actually end up recording her death, is a testament to what a wonderful woman and beautiful woman she was -- and so smart," said Beth Pfeiffer, assistant state's attorney...

City to pay more than $4 million to family of murdered woman Chicago Sun-Times - Find Articles (http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:8KHQv8bZleMJ:findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20060622/ai_n16509723+%22louis+drexel%22+sentence&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&ie=UTF-8)

Supervisors said the officers should have arrived in 5 to 7 minutes. The officers said they were inspecting their vehicle and then searching the neighborhood after hearing her husband, Louis Drexel, had fled the house.

They were suspended after attempts to fire them failed.

White had a restraining order against Drexel, who is in prison serving a life sentence for her murder...

reportertype
06-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Randy Roth -- killed two of his wives. Claimed one fell while hiking and the other, drowned, I think.

Paul Snider killed Dorothy Stratton.

aussiegran
06-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Lowell Amos-Roberta Amos
Jerry Anderson-Emily Anderson
Terry Anderson-
Joe Andrews-Anna Synder
Steven Barbee-Lisa Underwood (Pregnant)
Justin Barber-April Barber
Brandon Bare-Nabila Bare
Jim Barton- Vickie Barton
Mark Barton-Leigh Anne and Debra
Joshua Bean-Heather Norris
Eric Bechler -Pegye Bechler
Stephen Beckham-Vickie Beckham
Anthony Bell_ Erica Bell
Jims Beneche -Mary Ravenell
Jeremias Bins-Carla Souza
Alan Blackthorne-Sheila Belush
Michael Blagg-Jennifer Blagg
robert blake-Bonny Lee blake
Tom Boskowski-
Mark Bowling-Julie Bowling
Patrick Bradford-Tammy Lohr
Anselmo Ricardo Braffith III -Jamie Braffith (pregnant)
David Brame_Crystal Brame
Myron Britt-Nancy Britt
Shundavian Brooks-Nefertiti Williams
Andrew Byrne-Leona Caramanica
Jeff Cahill -Jill Cahill
Mario Calderon- Gina Calderon
David Camm-Kimm Camm
Fidel Carrasco-Maria Del Rocio Medina
Rae Carruth-Cherica Adams (pregnant)
Robert Chambers-Jennifer Levin
Barry Corbin
Richard Crafts-Helle Craft
Brad Cunningham-Cheryl Keeton
jeffery lynn Daily- Sheila Dillard
Vincent Doan-Carrie Culberson
Scott Douglas-Anne Douglas
Luis Drexel-Ronyale White
Scott Dunn -Brandi Dunn
Robert Durst_Kathleen Durst
Ira Einhorn-Holly Maddux
Timothy Engh-Brenda Engh
Neil Entwistle.-Rachel Entwistle
Yazeed Essa -Rosemarie Essa
Kenneth Fitzhugh-Kristine Fitzhugh
Mick Fletcher-Leanne Fletcher
Robert A Fratta-Farah Fratta
jeffery Neal Garner-Ashley garner
Munier Gattas-Laura Gattas(pregnant)
Bruce Giles_Lisa Slaughter
Edward Gingerich-Katie Gingerich
Sean Barclay Goff-Joy risker
Eric Brian Golden-Dee Dee Golden
John W. Graves Jr., -Angela Readance
David Michael Green-Stacy Green(pregnant)
Richard Greist -Janice greist (pregnant)
Wayne Guidry Jr-Stephanie Simms
Mark Hacking -Lori Hacking
Christopher Hampton-Tamika Huston
Calvin Harris-Michelle Harris
Howard Holmes-Sherry Arnold
Kemp Horton-Tammi Meininger
Dale Huebner -Carla Hueber
Scott Huss-Yana Huss
Richard Illes-Miriam Illes
Jerry Jones Jr.-Lee Jones
Lewis Joyner- Ruby Joyner
James Keown -Julie Keown
James Klindt-Joyce Klindt
Jeff Krotine--Ramona Krotine
John Lee-Emma Keyse
John List-Helen List
Christian Longo -MaryJane Longo
Steven Lovato-Michelle Lovato
Valentin Luna-Mirna Argueta
Augustus Lundy-Tarakisha Hodo
Gregg Madigosky-Lyn Bossert
John Maloney-Sandy Maloney
George Marecek-Viparet Maracek
Bobby McCarn
Scott McCarter-Wendy McCarter
Roger McDowell-Dawna Wright -pregnant
Richard McFarland-susan MaFarland
David McGowan-Karen McGowan
Perry March-Janet March
Rob Marshall -Maria Marshall
Alan Matheny-Lisa Bianco
Jeffrey McDonald-Collette Marshall
Juan Mendez Jr., -Whitney Mendez
? Moua- Sheng Vang
Donald Moringiello-Fern Moringiello
Kevin Morrissey-Mamiko Kawai
Joseph Morrow-Donna Morrow
Prof. Thomas Murray-Carmin Ross

hoosierem
06-22-2007, 10:49 PM
I think the woman I am thinking about was more like 7 years or more ago and her husband was let out of prison earlier than he was supposed too and he virtually went straight to her and killed her.

Aussiegran - is it the case in Indiana that I posted about? Alan Matheny was let out on an 8 hour furlough and went straight to his ex-wife's (Lisa Bianco) home, broke in and chased her through the neighborhood and then killed her by beating her with a shotgun? That's the only case I can think of.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi again, aussiegran. I'm not sure why some of the names have nothing next to them so I filled in those that I could figure out.

Terry Anderson-
Jeremias Bins - bludgeoned to death his wife, Carla Souza, 37, and her son, Caique; Mormon church leaders said Bins did not approve of the hours Souza, a housekeeper, spent worshipping at the downtown Framingham branch of the Church of Latter Day Saints.
Patrick Bradford- Bradford is in prison serving 80 years for murdering his girlfriend, Tammy Lohr. In August 1992, she was stabbed repeatedly in her back and neck, before her body was set afire. In the living room, her dog lay stabbed to death as well.
Andrew Byrne - convicted of first degree murder for the July 10, 1991 strangulation death of his wife, Leona Caramanica, who also was known as Leah. She was a 31-year-old attorney working with disadvantaged youth in Philadelphia when she died in July 1991.
Mario Calderon- Gina Calderon on Valentine's Day. Mario killed his wife, her mother, and then told his 8 year-old son to call 911 before killing himself. When the call went into 911, the boy said that he didn't expect it to be the day "daddy, mommy and nanny all died." The boy's 2 and 4 year-old siblings were also in the home.
Barry Corbin
Vincent Doan - Doan was convicted for the disappearance and presumed murder of his girlfriend Carrie Culberson on August 7, 1997. Culberson mysteriously disappeared in August 1996 and has been presumed dead. Her body has never been found. Several of Carrie's friends claimed that Doan was obsessed with her. Carrie's co-workers at the beauty salons where she worked said that Doan called her at work at least 5 times a day. Friends, former roommates, co-workers, and relatives also believed that Doan physically abused Carrie.
Mark Hacking - Lori Hacking
James Keown - a radio show host arrested during a commercial break on his show for the murder of his wife, Julie Keown. She had become very ill and ultimately died after consuming Gatorade containing anti-freeze. There was a $250,000 insurance policy and his stories of attending Harvard Business School proved to be false.
Bobby McCarn - A 73-year-old North Charleston man has been charged with intentionally setting a fire that killed his wife, Deborah McCarn, at their Evanston Estates home
Moua Her - murdered Sheng Vang - Sheng had been stabbed 63 times with a knife. She had gone to retrieve the remainder of her important documents from her estranged husband’s home in St. Paul. Her mother advised Sheng to request a police escort because she was well aware of the restraining order and the troubled relationship. Afraid of insulting her ex-in-laws by calling the police, Sheng felt she could quickly search for her paperwork and leave without having to call the police.

montana_16
06-22-2007, 11:10 PM
ABC7Chicago.com: Estranged husband convicted in wife's shooting death (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=News&id=3393233)

...Drexel's defense was that White had produced the gun and that she was accidentally shot in a struggle. Prosecutors called that claim laughable if it weren't so sad. Ronyale White's tape tells a different story.

"That microcassette is invaluable. It's absolutely invaluable. And the idea that a woman would have the presence of mind that she did to actually push play, and actually end up recording her death, is a testament to what a wonderful woman and beautiful woman she was -- and so smart," said Beth Pfeiffer, assistant state's attorney...

City to pay more than $4 million to family of murdered woman Chicago Sun-Times - Find Articles (http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:8KHQv8bZleMJ:findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20060622/ai_n16509723+%22louis+drexel%22+sentence&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&ie=UTF-8)

Supervisors said the officers should have arrived in 5 to 7 minutes. The officers said they were inspecting their vehicle and then searching the neighborhood after hearing her husband, Louis Drexel, had fled the house.

They were suspended after attempts to fire them failed.

White had a restraining order against Drexel, who is in prison serving a life sentence for her murder...

Thanks for all the information JerseyGirl.
I hope life in prison really means he spends his whole worthless life in prison. We know of so many cases where it really doesn't end up as truly life in prison at all.

aussiegran
06-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Aussiegran - is it the case in Indiana that I posted about? Alan Matheny was let out on an 8 hour furlough and went straight to his ex-wife's (Lisa Bianco) home, broke in and chased her through the neighborhood and then killed her by beating her with a shotgun? That's the only case I can think of.
Hi hoosierem
No it wasnt that one ,the one I'm thinking of happened in her house ,911 got it all on tape because she was talking to them begging for help.there are so many when you google murdered wife its awful .
thanks anyway
Aussie

aussiegran
06-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks JerseyGirl
I added the information you found,I couldnt find some of them in a few articles it doesnt name the wife for some reason?I am making 2 lists because there are so many.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-22-2007, 11:32 PM
I am making 2 lists because there are so many.
There REALLY are! I can't believe how I just keep finding more and more and more ... just like all of you. Just amazing how long these lists will be. :(

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-22-2007, 11:39 PM
In Colombia, life insurance often is a health hazard - murder-for-insurance scams Insight on the News - Find Articles (http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:3Z49Er5luzIJ:findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_n35_v13/ai_19807032+lowell+amos&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us&ie=UTF-8)

Even in more regulated countries, such as the United States, several recent cases have made the headlines. Last year, Lowell Amos of Detroit was convicted of first-degree murder for smothering his third wife with a pillow to collect a lucrative policy. During his trial, Amos was dubbed a modern Bluebeard because his first two wives and his mother also died under suspicious circumstances -- deaths that netted Amos more than $1 million in life-insurance benefits.

serial killer true crime library * serial killer news * list of serial killers * serial murder * female serial killers * crim... (http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:PTF833aDQ6gJ:www.crimezzz.net/serialkillers/A/AMOS_lowell.php+lowell+amos&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&ie=UTF-8)

Lowell, a former General Motors plant manager from Anderson, Indiana, claimed his wife, Roberta Mowery Amos, 37, died from an accidental drug overdose during sex play in which he was inserting cocaine into her body. However, a coroner's autopsy revealed that her body contained 15 times the amount of cocaine needed to kill a person...

aussiegran
06-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Rabbi Fred Neulander-Carol Neulander
Michael Nock-Danielle Apodaca
Richard Overton-Janet Overton
Ralf Panitz -Eleanor Panitz
Kristopher Parker -Tiffany Parker
John Peek-Carol Marlin-kasi Peek
Ismail Peltek-Hatice Peltek
Michael Peterson-Kathleen Peterson
Scott Peterson-Laci Peterson
Martwain Phillips-Lena Murphy Phillips
Steven Poaches -LatoyiaFiguero(pregnant)
Warren Powell_MaryAnn Powell
Simon Rios -Anna Casas
Craig Rabinowitz -Stephanie Newman
Quinton Ray-Sue Anne Ray
Brad Reay-Tammi Reay
Kelly Roberts' -Dawn Robert's
Randy Roth- -Cynthia Baumgartner-Janis Miranda
James Rouse - Donna Rouse
Shaun Rudy-Christine Rudy (pregnant)
Derek Sawyer -Gretchen Sawyer
Brian Schlaepfer-Jocelyn Schlaepfer
L. Ewing Scott-Evelyn Scott
Victor Serrato-Miriam Carmona -pregnant
John Sharpe-Anna Sharpe (pregnant)
Richard Sharpe-Karen Sharpe
Sam Sheppard-Marilyn Sheppard
steven sherer-Jami Sherer
Prof. Ed Sherman-
Frank Simon -Tammy Simon
Ronald Gene Simmons-Rebecca simmons
Everette Simpson-Estelle Simpson-Virginia Hudson-Ruby Richardson
OJ Simpson-Nicole Brown
Ioannis Skellas-Karen Skellas
Paul Snider-Dorothy Stratton
Charles Stuart-Carol Stuart
James Sullivan -Lita Sullivan
Christopher Swift- Amy Swift
William Sybers-Kay Sybers
Elias Syriani-Teresa Syriani
Jake Taylor-Rachel Pendray
Dr. Ken Taylor-Teresa Taylor
Colin Thatcher-JoAnne Thatcher
Dr. David Tipton-Karen Tipton
Alofa Time-Theresa Time
Tom Toolan-Beth Lochtefeld
Fred Tokars-Sara Tokars
John Trevino-Carol Trevino
Jean-Baptiste-Troppman-
Barry Vick-
claus von bulow-Sunny von bulow
Gerald Watkins-Beth Anne Anderson
Jim Watson-Beverly Watson
Michael White-Liana White (pregnant)
Rick Williams-Hetty Williams
Dan Willoughby-Patricia Willoughby
Dickie F. Wimmer-
Raymond Wood-Tina Wood

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Prof. Ed Sherman-
Alofa Time-Theresa Time. Killed her and then ran his car into another vehicle, killing a mother and her 4 year-old child. An 8 year-old child was injured but not killed. Mrs. Time's severed head was discovered at the scene of the car accident.
Jean-Baptiste-Troppman-
Barry Vick-
Dickie F. Wimmer- Wimmer was upset because his relationship with his wife was faltering, went to an Oceana apartment where she and their two children were staying January 15, 1979. After a confrontation with his estranged wife, Wimmer shot her to death. He also shot to death his 6-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son. I can't find their names. According to an article dated November 1988, Wimmer had escaped from prison with another inmate.
Raymond Wood- Tina Wood and her six young children (aged from 18 months to 10 years) had been shot. The two youngest children were wounded, but alive. The four other children, and their mother, were dead. Raymond Wood was arrested at the scene. Some articles state that Mr. Wood suffered serious mental illness.

aussiegran
06-23-2007, 05:11 PM
JerseyGirl -I just found this awful news article .
:furious: why was he charged with second degree murder?

An honor killing in Scottsville, New York. What was the dishonor? Well, part of it was that his four-year-old daughter had been "sullied" by a gynecological exam. For this she had to be killed. From the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/news/04244241FCB_news.shtml), with thanks to LGF (http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=10790_Honor_Killing_in_New_York#comments):A pril 24, 2004) — Ismail Peltek, who was indicted Friday on charges of second-degree murder in the April 15 slaying of his wife, Hatice Peltek, claimed he attacked his wife and daughters after learning that his brother had molested his wife and his 22-year-old daughter, according to court documents.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/001706.php

SewingDeb
06-23-2007, 06:16 PM
We will soon be adding Mr. Cutts and Mr. Vaughn to the list. Arrests of both this weekend.

aussiegran
06-23-2007, 06:17 PM
James Magee-Adrienne Magee,son Ashton
http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/2007/04/arrest_warrant_issued_for_man.html

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-23-2007, 10:13 PM
JerseyGirl -I just found this awful news article .
:furious: why was he charged with second degree murder?

An honor killing in Scottsville, New York. What was the dishonor? Well, part of it was that his four-year-old daughter had been "sullied" by a gynecological exam. For this she had to be killed.

These honor killings are something fairly new to me - I hadn't realized how common that seems to be. It just blows my mind and it's equally baffling to me how this can be considered second degree.

Until a couple of days ago, I didn't even realize this site existed:

International Campaign Against Honour Killings › News (http://stophonourkillings.com/)

Now I can't believe the stuff that I've read. Just when you think you've seen it all ... :(

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-23-2007, 10:14 PM
We will soon be adding Mr. Cutts and Mr. Vaughn to the list. Arrests of both this weekend.SewingDeb, who is Mr. Vaughn? It must be a case I'm not following.

ETA: Never mind, I just saw the sickening story on television. What a beautiful family - there's no end to these horrible stories, is there?

SewingDeb
06-24-2007, 11:06 PM
SewingDeb, who is Mr. Vaughn? It must be a case I'm not following.

ETA: Never mind, I just saw the sickening story on television. What a beautiful family - there's no end to these horrible stories, is there?

I couldn't remember his first name...so I addressed him as Mr. Vaughn. There really is no end to these horrible stories.

Here is a YouTube presentation....not all are spousal murders but many are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg3uDbVjUQw&mode=related&search=

The title is: Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1

aussiegran
06-25-2007, 06:35 PM
:( Raymond Eugene Johnson-Brooke Whitaker

Violence Against Women in the United States
MURDER. Every day four women die in this country as a result of domestic violence, the euphemism for murders and assaults by husbands and boyfriends. That's approximately 1,400 women a year, according to the FBI. The number of women who have been murdered by their intimate partners is greater than the number of soldiers killed in the Vietnam War.
http://www.now.org/issues/violence/stats.html

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-26-2007, 10:58 AM
1400 a year??? That number is astonishing. No wonder our lists go on and on ... :(

Dark Knight
06-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Chris Benoit - Nancy Benoit (I still can't believe I had to type that.)

aussiegran
06-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Cory Hall.-Autumn Collins

SewingDeb
06-27-2007, 02:04 AM
John Hightower was executed Tuesday in Georgia for the murder of his wife Dorothy Hightower, and his two stepdaughters, Evelyn Reaves and Sandra Reaves.

There's only a small blurb in this article about another execution:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/06/26/execution.joke.ap/index.html

Eta: Just found a longer article on him:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13576211/detail.html

Hightower made a brief final statement in which he apologized to the victims' family and asked for their forgiveness. "I want to say that I'm sorry for the grief I brought to the Reaves family," he said. He also thanked his family and friends for their support over the years. "Last but not least, I thank my mother for being by me for so long," Hightower said.

He declined a final prayer. His pastor, a friend and a paralegal were the only witnesses for him who attended the execution. There were no witnesses from his wife's family. Earlier Tuesday, he recorded a statement for prison officials in which he apologized for his crime and said he loved his wife then and still does.

aussiegran
07-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Terry Edwin Justus-Sharon Jeanne Acosta(pregnant)
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14990843&BRD=1211&PAG=461&dept_id=169689&rfi=6

aussiegran
07-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Manuel Sandoval-Samantha Thomason
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/0607/2902_couple_dead_counties.html

Malini2001
07-03-2007, 09:32 AM
David L. Miller - pregnant girlfriend Elizabeth Walters.

Just indicted in 1st use of Maryland's fetal homicide law. An eyewitness was also shot but not fatally, and has identified the gunman.

http://tinyurl.com/227fsk

OriginalJerseyGirl
07-06-2007, 12:09 AM
David L. Miller - pregnant girlfriend Elizabeth Walters.

Just indicted in 1st use of Maryland's fetal homicide law. An eyewitness was also shot but not fatally, and has identified the gunman.

http://tinyurl.com/227fsk
From the article:

"My daughter chose life for that baby," Vivian Walters said, adding that her daughter had enlisted a network of friends and family to help her care for the child.

The morning that she was killed, Elizabeth Walters was meeting with Miller (who was married to another woman) to see what role he wanted to play in the child's life, her mother said.

"If he didn't want to help out, she was prepared to raise the baby on her own," Vivian Walters said.

"She would not have wanted all the publicity that's going to surround this," Vivian Walters said of her daughter. "But she also would want to pave the way for any other women who are in the same position. If she could have helped other women, she would have chosen to do that."

SO very sad. :(

CaliKid
07-06-2007, 02:51 AM
Aaron Scot Finney shot and killed his wife Sadie then burned their condo to conceal the evidence.
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/04/20/news/californian/4_01_354_19_07.txt

lisag
07-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Dr. David Tipton-Karen Tipton

I am confused about this one.. I have read about it and see nothing about the husband being involved... ??? Maybe a few accusations, but other than that the police have cleared him and another man has been charged, tried and re-tried... I know there is still some court stuff going on with the accused, but nothing witht he husband.. Am I missing something??

CaliKid
07-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I remember from 2001- Oklahoma or Arkansas I think. Phillip Bond killed his wife Janice and two of their four children. I think the children's names were Megan and Nathan and they were in their teens. But I can't find any links.

aussiegran
07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Ryan Chronis -Brianna Wood

Jake Antonio Wilson -LaToya Pendergrass http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13644904/detail.html

OriginalJerseyGirl
07-09-2007, 08:13 PM
I remember from 2001- Oklahoma or Arkansas I think. Phillip Bond killed his wife Janice and two of their four children. I think the children's names were Megan and Nathan and they were in their teens. But I can't find any links.
It looks like her name is spelled "Janis" and you're right - they were from Oklahoma. Here are some links:

CrimeNews 2000 - crime news archive page (http://www.crimenews2000.com/archives/01081618.htm)

A man killed his wife and two children, then shot himself, officials said today, just days after the woman obtained a victim's protection order against him. Grady County sheriff's deputies went to the home of Phillip and Janis Bond at 8 a.m. this morning after a co-worker of Janis Bond reported that she'd failed to show up for work. (She apparently owned or ran a day care center that she usually opened at 5 a.m. When she wasn't there to open, the co-worker became concerned.)

ARDMOREITE.COM (http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:Q3LojhLMMZ0J:ardmoreite.com/stories/081701/new_chickasha.shtml+%22janis+bond%22+murder&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&ie=UTF-8)

... Inside a large, two-story home south of Chickasha, a father slit his son's throat and strangled his teen-age daughter. Phillip Bond, 43, murdered his wife of 23 years, then shot himself in the chest in the upstairs master bedroom early Thursday, said Kym Koch, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation...

Deputies went to the home Saturday morning after Janis Bond complained her husband kicked her with steel-toed boots and punched her in the face...

Janis Bond obtained a protective order against her husband, who posted bond Monday. The next day, escorted by a deputy, he went to the home to get some personal belongings, Koch said.

Phillip Bond walked to the house early Thursday after parking his sport utility vehicle about a mile away, apparently to make sure the family wouldn't hear him pull up...

The Bonds had two other children, ages 26 and 18, who did not live in the home.

Barrington said Janis Bond lived in Chickasha all her life and opened the Bee Hive Day-care Center in 1997. She was president of a local children's association and made costumes for the community theater...

Mohabi
07-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Stephen Grant murdered Tara Lynn Grant. This happened only in February of 2007. I did not want Tara to be forgotten.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Lynn_Grant

OriginalJerseyGirl
07-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Stephen Grant murdered Tara Lynn Grant. This happened only in February of 2007.[/IMG]
What a horrendous crime.

aussiegran
07-20-2007, 05:42 PM
David Munis- Robin Munis