PDA

View Full Version : FL FL - Ali Gilmore, 30, Tallahassee, 3 Feb 2006

cdt0283
02-13-2006, 07:27 PM
State employee goes missing
No answers yet in disappearance of pregnant woman

It wasn't like Ali Gilmore to not show up to work - let alone not call. When Gilmore didn't show up Friday or Monday, her supervisor called the police department around 8 p.m. Monday. After talking to neighbors, co-workers and family members in her hometown of West Palm Beach, police are calling it a missing-person case, according to Tallahassee police Lt. Edward Smith, head of the criminal investigations unit.

"At this point, we don't know if there's foul play," Smith said. "But, we're ruling it as suspicious."

continued....
http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060208/NEWS01/602080326/1010

concernedperson
02-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Oh Lord, another one. The pregnant female is right up there with gang murders.She probably won't be found safe as they are almost never found safe. We have got to dig further.

Bobbisangel
02-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Oh Lord, another one. The pregnant female is right up there with gang murders.She probably won't be found safe as they are almost never found safe. We have got to dig further.

My thoughts exactally. Well so far we have a husband and wife who are seperated with the wife 4 months pregnant. I wonder why the couple are seperated and how long they've been seperated. Was there a boyfriend in the picture? Hate to say it but I hope LE take a good long look at any men in this gals life. It sure would be nice to get some good news instead of the way these cases usually turn out.

petra
02-14-2006, 08:47 AM
http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060211/NEWS01/602110335/1010

petra
02-14-2006, 08:50 AM
ALI has been missing since Feb 3.....

There are few clues in this case according to LE.

KatherineQ
02-14-2006, 09:38 AM
There's almost no information in those articles - she works at the Health Department, and Publix grocery store, and was well-loved by family and co-workers, and was pregnant.

No word about whether her car is missing, her purse, who the father of her baby is, when she was last seen, etc.

Prayers for her safe return.

Becba
02-14-2006, 06:03 PM
She didn't just up and leave. She has family and steady work. Lots of friends too it seems.

PonderingThings
02-18-2006, 09:06 AM
http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060218/NEWS01/602180320/1010

Ali is still missing. This article talks about the search and has some friends interviewed.

CrimeHater
02-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Anything new on Ali?
We are hoping for a safe return Ali! You are in our prayers.

fourboys
02-23-2006, 08:35 AM
Search for Gilmore continues
TPD offers $10,000 for information on missing woman

February 23, 2006

After three weeks of receiving few clues into the disappearance of a pregnant Tallahassee woman, the Tallahassee Police Department is offering $10,000 for information leading to her whereabouts.

Police are hoping that someone will come forward with solid information on 30-year-old Ali Gilmore, who worked for the Florida Department of Health and Publix.

This is the first time TPD has offered a reward in a missing-person investigation. Crime Stoppers also will pay $1,000 for information.

"We're going to give a 100-percent effort," TPD Chief Walt McNeil said. He said police have been working "around the clock" and looking into any leads.

Police are calling the case suspicious and now think there may be foul play involved because of how long Gilmore's been missing.

"You never have enough (tips), because you always want more," TPD spokesman John Newland said. "Until we find her, we're not going to let it go."

Her disappearance has triggered a strong, emotional reaction from friends and co-workers. More than 150 people attended a vigil in her Wilson Green neighborhood days after she was reported missing. Last Saturday, friends headed out to south-side neighborhoods and handed out fliers, hoping that their effort would generate information.

Gilmore and her husband, James Gilmore, were separated at the time of her disappearance. Newland said he's been cooperative during the investigation, but no one has been ruled out as a suspect.

Continued:

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060223/NEWS01/602230322/1010

aussiegran
02-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Oh Lord, another one. The pregnant female is right up there with gang murders.She probably won't be found safe as they are almost never found safe. We have got to dig further.:( I agree she has been missing to long now.I hope they find her soon either way.Our list is growing much longer .

strach304
02-25-2006, 06:06 AM
They even have an organization named Mothers Against Murder. This has to stop! :furious:

cdt0283
02-28-2006, 11:08 PM
National Media Attention

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060228/BREAKINGNEWS/602280352

Curious J
03-02-2006, 07:55 AM
http://www.tdo.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060302/NEWS01/603020321/1010

Curious J
03-04-2006, 09:57 AM
http://www.tdo.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060304/NEWS01/603040325/1010

cdt0283
03-04-2006, 08:27 PM
This case is very strange. She seems to have just vanished. I saw the billboard today over in the area where she lives. Hopefully they can get some more up and possibly create some leads.

fourboys
03-09-2006, 11:18 AM
South Florida firm helps

Originally published March 9, 2006

Efforts to get tips on Ali Gilmore's disappearance have trickled to her hometown of West Palm Beach.

In addition to the local Crime Stoppers' reward pool, another reward fund has been created by Catalfumo Construction and Development of Palm Beach Gardens. Gilmore's father, Carl McLawrence, works for the company. So far, employees have collected $2,200 for the reward, and they continue collecting money for travel and lodging expenses as the family goes from West Palm Beach to Tallahassee.

Continued at link with more information on reward and how to contribute:

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...330/1010/NEWS01 (http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060309/NEWS01/603090330/1010/NEWS01)

aussiegran
03-11-2006, 11:29 PM
:( I feel so sorry for her family ,its been so long since she dissappeared .

Bobbisangel
03-12-2006, 03:34 AM
So many women have just disappeared into thin air never to be seen or heard from again. I feel so bad for all of the families who have missing loved ones. It has to be so horrible not knowing where your loved one is and having all kinds of horrible things running through your mind day in and day out. I just don't know how the families get through it. I don't know if I could without just losing it altogether.

Anyone have any ideas about this husband? I listened to an interview with him and it sounded like they were working on getting back together. They were supposed to meet for couseling the morning she disappeared but he said he over slept and she didn't show. When he said that I thought....well if you were trying to put your marriage back together how could you over sleep? Didn't you set your alarm? I would have thought the appt. would have been pretty important. He said he didn't call the therapist after he woke up around 10:00-10:30 a.m. so he wasn't aware that Ali hadn't shown up either.
I guess I always suspect the husband, etc, because it usually is them.

fourboys
04-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Posted: April 4, 2006

<snip>

The Klaas Kids Foundation is coming to Tallahassee to help organize a massive search for Ali Gilmore. Gilmore has been missing for two months now, and friends and colleagues are hoping hundreds of people will turn out this weekend to help them search for clues.

Ali Gilmore's co-workers at the Florida Department of Health will pull on boots and gloves Saturday and join as many as 300 others in scouring the southside woods for signs of their friend.

The community search is being organized by the Klaas Kids Foundation, which is named after 12-year-old Polly Klaas who was kidnapped and murdered in California more than a decade ago. Foundation members now travel the country and coordinate searches primarily for missing children.

The Klaas Kids Foundation will begin its search at 9 a.m. Saturday morning with a second wave Saturday afternoon, and it'll do it all again on Sunday.
Continued:

http://www.wctv6.com/home/headlines/2578386.html

fran
04-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Ok, so her car was at home and it was impounded. But we don't know where she even disappeared from. We don't know when she disappeared as it was several days before anyone missed her.

Does her husband have a car? Have they impounded his car and checked it?

I hope LE has gone over her computer. Could there be a clue there?

I'm not ruling out the husband at this point. He missed an appointment that they were both supposed to be at. He doesn't call the counselor and he doesn't call his wife????????? IF they were trying to get back together, why wouldn't he have called her in all those days??????????

Makes absolutely no sense, IMHO.

FWIW, it's a bad sign when the first one to report the person missing is not the spouse. :eek:

JMHO
fran

PS......this is gone on way too long. IMO, something bad happened to her.

concernedperson
04-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Of course something bad happened to her. It is way too long. Put that husband under the scope until he breaks or is cleared

Bobbisangel
04-10-2006, 12:18 AM
I wonder if they had actually started going to therapy or if that was going to be their first appt. This is just so odd that she would just disappear like this.
I just find it very strange that he slept in on the day they were supposed to go to counseling...especially if he wanted to work on their problems and get back together. Odd that he didn't call her to say he was sorry for missing the appt. Didn't he think that she would be hurt or upset if she had shown up and waited and waited for him to show. Didn't he find it odd that she didn't call him and chew him out for not showing? I wonder if they had been going to get back together if counseling worked out and then something happened and she changed her mind or they had a fight and something happened. I would sure want an account of every minute of his time before she disappeared. Did he sleep in because he was up all night doing something?????

fran
04-11-2006, 03:51 PM
I wonder if they had actually started going to therapy or if that was going to be their first appt. This is just so odd that she would just disappear like this.

I just find it very strange that he slept in on the day they were supposed to go to counseling...especially if he wanted to work on their problems and get back together.

Odd that he didn't call her to say he was sorry for missing the appt. Didn't he think that she would be hurt or upset if she had shown up and waited and waited for him to show.

Didn't he find it odd that she didn't call him and chew him out for not showing? I wonder if they had been going to get back together if counseling worked out and then something happened and she changed her mind or they had a fight and something happened. I would sure want an account of every minute of his time before she disappeared.

Did he sleep in because he was up all night doing something?????

You've definitely had your thinking cap on! ;)

Her work called her in missing to LE when she missed her second day of work. First she missed Friday, then she missed Monday.

Four days of her missing and he hadn't tried to call his dear pregnant wife. :slap: We're not talking about one day here, we're talking about FOUR DAYS. :eek:

JMHO
fran

fran
04-12-2006, 11:05 PM
They just had about a five minute segment on Greta about Ali. They found nothing during the search this past weekend, headed by the Klass Foundation. They searched the area around her home, and I can't recall what the other area was.

The husband did not assist in the search. He didn't contact the searchers.LE said he's been extremely cooperative with them and even did a voice analyzer test.

They said her car was located in her driveway with her purse inside. They said this wasn't unusual for Ali, to leave her purse in the car. They did say it was unusual that she had left her car unlocked.

I wonder if they've found her keys???? Greta didn't ask.......hmmm

Ali's cell phone was turned off about a month before her disappearance. So there are no phone records. There has also been no credit card or bank transactions since she went missing.

Hmmmmmm..........does anyone know about the keys? OH, and if LE has her computer?

JMHO
fran

Brad Dennis
04-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the interest in Ali's case.

Her keys are still missing and LE does have her computer.

Please keep this family and Ali in your prayers.

Brad

monkalup
04-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Keeping the Porchlight on for Ali

fran
04-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the interest in Ali's case.

Her keys are still missing and LE does have her computer.

Please keep this family and Ali in your prayers.

Brad

Thank you Brad for the information about the keys and computer.

It seems she may have either left with someone for a minute, or was approached in the driveway as she got home and was getting out of her car as she forgot to lock her car (with her purse in it).

Now, if she willingly went with someone, she would have grabbed her purse and locked her car.

FWIW, IMHO
fran

Angels_Not_Forgotten
04-17-2006, 01:01 PM
just curious if any information about the computer has come in?

chicoliving
04-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Thank you Brad for the information about the keys and computer.

It seems she may have either left with someone for a minute, or was approached in the driveway as she got home and was getting out of her car as she forgot to lock her car (with her purse in it).

Now, if she willingly went with someone, she would have grabbed her purse and locked her car.

FWIW, IMHO
fran
Early on during a news show, possibly Nancy Grace, I heard someone (family I'm sure) mention that leaving her purse in the car was something that Ali did on a regular basis. Anyone else recall this??

Reader
04-23-2006, 01:04 PM
You've definitely had your thinking cap on! ;)

Her work called her in missing to LE when she missed her second day of work. First she missed Friday, then she missed Monday.

Four days of her missing and he hadn't tried to call his dear pregnant wife. :slap: We're not talking about one day here, we're talking about FOUR DAYS. :eek:

JMHO
fran

Good questions from you, fran and Bobbisangel. I also wonder if the police have discussed the relationship of Ali and her husband with the counselor, to see if there was any hope of their working out their problems. If not, the husband could have gotten upset or desperate, maybe?

That information would usually be confidential but I'm pretty sure when the person is missing, police can at least interview the counselor and get an idea of how things were going.

I also find it very suspicious that the husband was not concerned enough to keep the counseling appointment and did not try to contact Ali about it, and that she disappeared THAT DAY. Did he try to contact her before the appointment? It would have to be someone she knew or trusted to get her to go off with them. This was a responsible person with a good work record and a close family, I just don't believe she disappeared on her own. The husband also did not participate in the recent search. Doesn't sound like he's too worried to me. Unfortunately, there are miles and miles of woods and national forests in this area, she could be anywhere.

From living near this area, I do know that LE here are usually good at "getting their man". Some past cases were thought to be forgotten but when solved it was learned LE has been working on them for years very diligently.

No new articles or news on the case since the last posted here, so I feel sure that LE is working quietly to gather information, or hopefully to build a case.

Hope for Ali and her family there is a resolution soon.

fran
04-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Reader:

Ali is not forgotten. I'm sure LE is working on this case as we type.

Sometimes, it takes more time. I'm sure they'll get their man. ;)

JMHO
fran

cdt0283
04-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Saw a new billboard up with a big picture of Ali. Hope this generates some new leads.This is very strange for Tallahassee. But stuff like this is happening everywhere these days.

concernedperson
04-24-2006, 08:57 PM
There are so many glaring instances. I hope LE is on top of this. Bless her soul and may justice be served. I am tired of seeing this hatefulness being imposed on people. There has got to be a way to nip this in bud. I will keep thinking.

michelle
04-24-2006, 09:01 PM
I hope she is found soon!

GlitchWizard
04-28-2006, 07:57 AM
Looks like funding ran out for the billboard. I noticed this morning it had been taken down overnight by the fairgrounds. :-(

Bobbisangel
05-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Seems to me the fairgrounds could have given some time to the family for Ali's picture and info to stay up on that billboard....without charge. Is there something else up there now or is it just setting there empty?

Another thing that I would like to know is why Ali's work place called LE when she didn't show for work? I'm sure they were probably trying to contact her by Monday morning when she didn't show but why call the police? Did she not have a person to contact on her application? It just struck me as odd that they would call the police and that they called pretty early in the morning. Did they know something that we don't? Did they have a reason to feel that something might have happened to her? Had their been abuse by the husband before? I'm sure that LE has covered all of this but I sure would like to know more about the marriage problems and why the seperation.

Ali's been gone for way to long for her to just have decided to have a little time out. It doesn't sound like she was seeing anyone else if she was willing to go to therapy to try and mend her marriage. Her husband's behavior sets up a big ole red flag to me. It just doesn't make sense at all. I wonder if anything was out of order in her home. Was there any signs of a struggle.
Something has happened to this woman and to me everything points in one direction.

I'm just so sick of hearing about pregnant women being missing or found murdered. I don't remember it ever being so bad before Laci went missing and was found murdered. It seems like since Laci there has just been one woman after the other. I don't understand why it had to end in murder. Aren't any of these creeps big enough to just walk away? Are they all sociopaths who only think about what they want? Most of them end up getting arrested and spend years if not the rest of their lives in prison so where is the sense in murdering their wives and children. If this husband has done something to his wife and baby I pray that he doesn't get away with it.

GlitchWizard
05-02-2006, 02:39 PM
There is another ad in it's place. I do know this community did donate quite a bit to keep stuff up. There has been support, but as long as the board was up, perhaps they know they've reached the right people - the right people just haven't said anything. Keeping it up another 100 years wouldn't make any difference, in that case.

I want to blame the husband just because there isn't anyone else to blame. I don't know that his behavior is any different than anyone else's would be - I just feel uncomfortable leaving it up to "I don't have any idea."

Bobbisangel
05-04-2006, 12:44 AM
I guess I want to blame the husband because it usually is the husband. Just knowing that they were seperated causes me to wonder and then not knowing why they were seperated and if there was ever abuse in the marriage makes me wonder too. I wonder if LE have any idea what happened to Ali? I wonder what her phone records have to say...who called her last, etc. I wonder if the husband's time is accounted for the night before Ali disappeared. I wish we would hear something.

GlitchWizard
05-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Of course, if they were separated - maybe that makes me not really blame him because he was already out from under whatever stressed him. Okay, except for that maybe he didn't want to pay child support.

I don't know. My husband didn't pay child support for 9 years and I stayed alive. I wish I knew where she was.

Bobbisangel
05-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Of course, if they were separated - maybe that makes me not really blame him because he was already out from under whatever stressed him. Okay, except for that maybe he didn't want to pay child support.

I don't know. My husband didn't pay child support for 9 years and I stayed alive. I wish I knew where she was.

I left my ex when my kids were 9. 8. 7, and almost 5. He never paid a dime of child support but he was to drunk all the time to even think about killing me..LOL. Guys aren't getting away with not paying child support now days. The laws have changed a lot since my kids were small.

My money is still on the husband. I just wish Ali would be found.

Angels_Not_Forgotten
05-06-2006, 11:06 AM
i live in NC and around here, as long as your husband pays something once every three months there is nothing they can do. or at least thats what ive been told. so i dont see the money being an issue, now emotional things can happen and people never know why someone will do somehting....

Bobbisangel
05-07-2006, 03:06 AM
i live in NC and around here, as long as your husband pays something once every three months there is nothing they can do. or at least thats what ive been told. so i dont see the money being an issue, now emotional things can happen and people never know why someone will do somehting....

Once every three months is terrible. I guess they don't believe in putting the kids first.

I wish we knew more about the marriage and what caused the seperation. I just find it strange that the husband didn't go to their counseling session and didn't bother to call the counselor. I also find it strange that he didn't become concerned when Ali didn't call him or he couldn't get hold of her. I just wonder if they got into it the night she disappeared and he knew she wouldn't be at the counseling session. Wish we would find out something.

cdt0283
05-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Well..I haven't been over near by the fairgrounds recently but I have seen two more billboards up with Ali's Picture. Also I've seen a number of the small signs along the road and at intersections around Tallahassee.

Hope they find her soon and safe.

GlitchWizard
05-16-2006, 12:14 PM
I wonder how much good those little signs do. I've seen them too. Whoever knows anything isn't talking. :-(

Each time I see the signs, I think about how little comfort it would be if she were my family member missing.

Bobbisangel
05-18-2006, 01:00 AM
I wonder how much good those little signs do. I've seen them too. Whoever knows anything isn't talking. :-(

Each time I see the signs, I think about how little comfort it would be if she were my family member missing.

Hopfully who ever had something to do with Ali's disappearance has to drive by those signs everyday so that he will be constantly reminded of her. Maybe it will get to him enough that he will make a mistake of some kind.

I think it would be like a stab in my heart each time I saw it if my child was missing and her picture was on signs around town but on the other hand, I would hope that just that one person would make a phone call and end my nightmare. Her picture would be a constant reminder to everyone that she is missing and just maybe it would have an affect on someone.

dreamer
05-19-2006, 11:43 PM
I think one of the following three scenerios is what happened : 1)The husband killed her and the baby or 2) an unknown boyfriend killed her and the baby or 3) someonehas kidnapped her and is holding her against her will untill they can deliver the baby at which time they will dispose of her. Morbid, but a possibility.

Bobbisangel
05-20-2006, 02:37 AM
I think one of the following three scenerios is what happened : 1)The husband killed her and the baby or 2) an unknown boyfriend killed her and the baby or 3) someonehas kidnapped her and is holding her against her will untill they can deliver the baby at which time they will dispose of her. Morbid, but a possibility.

I'm still with #1. Trouble in the marriage....supposed to be going to therapy to work out their problems but he forgets to set his alarm....or so he says...he isn't aware that she didn't show for therapy and doesn't try to contact her.....to many red flags for me. I just wish they would find Ali and then they can work on who did it.

magpie
05-20-2006, 04:44 PM
I've got my eye on the husband too. I went googling and found some additional comments made by the husband (James Gilmore) on CNN March 6th. I feel that if what he is saying about wanting to mend the marriage is true, he should have made more of an effort to contact her. It's too much of a coincidence that he chose the day of the marriage counseling session to oversleep.

In the interview below with CNN, Gilmore states that he had been staying with his brother during the time of their seperation before Ali disappeared.

Gilmore has since moved into the home that he and Ali had shared before the seperation. This may not mean anything, I'm just sayin'.... Things aren't adding up for me.

The only thing apparently wrong with this picture is that Ali is missing and she was seperated from her husband who doesn't seem all that concerned for her whereabouts.

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:zIPH2W4eDVIJ:transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0603/06/lol.05.html+Ali+Gilmore&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=20
Aired March 6, 2006 - 15:00 ET
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There is no signs of a struggle inside. Ms. Gilmore is four-and-a-half months pregnant. She was very excited about the pregnancy. She had pregnancy books by her nightstand. She had a pregnancy book on her bed. She had baby clothes inside of another room.

ZARRELLA: Ali Gilmore left work at this Publix supermarket at 11:00 p.m. on February 2. That was the last time anyone saw her.

JAMES GILMORE, HUSBAND OF ALI GILMORE: We have been married for five years, been together for seven.

ZARRELLA: Gilmore and her husband, James, were supposed to meet the next morning, Friday, for a marriage counseling session. The two had been separated for a couple of months. Neither one showed up for the appointment. James Gilmore says he overslept. He tried reaching Ali to apologize, but she never answered the phone.

GILMORE: And I tried to get up with her over the weekend, but I kind of figured she was just upset with me, you know, she was avoiding me over the weekend because she was upset with me because I missed the marriage counseling appointment.

ZARRELLA: Police say James Gilmore says he was at his brother's house during the timeline for Ali's disappearance. He had been staying there since the separation.

GILMORE: I'm available for the police if they need me for anything. And, I mean, I don't have anything to hide from anyone, or the police, or nobody.

ZARRELLA: On Monday, February 6, when Ali didn't show up for work at her other job at the Department of Health, co-workers called police. They found her car at the house. Inside the house, nothing was out of place. Nothing had been stolen, no traces of blood. They searched a nearby construction site. Nothing.

TRACY SMITH, SISTER OF ALI GILMORE: Aliens swooped down with some radar beam and just perfectly took her off this planet, which I don't believe that.

ZARRELLA: Tracy, Ali's older sister, has led the effort to find her.

SMITH: I just have to believe every day that she's saying, Tracy, help me; come get me; help me.

ZARRELLA: Friends, family, police all say Ali Gilmore was not the type of person to just run off; she vanished, but not of her own will. Someone here, police say, knows what happened to Ali Gilmore.

John Zarrella, CNN, Tallahassee, Florida.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

magpie
05-20-2006, 04:58 PM
I found this article earlier in the thread and just thought it strange that he moved back into the home since they were seperated. He says they seperated to "give each other space". I admit, I am always suspicious of the husband.

This is a good article, insightful.

Husband breaks silence

http://www.tdo.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060302/NEWS01/603020321/1010

James Gilmore, a business student at Flagler College on the Tallahassee Community College campus, said he and Ali had been married for five years but separated two months ago "to give each other space." He said they had started marriage counseling.

James Gilmore, who works at a local grocery store, said he appreciated the efforts by police and Ali's friends. He recently moved back into their Wilson Green neighborhood home. He said it's been difficult living among the constant reminders of his wife.

"When I'm holding her favorite pillow, there's a certain level of comfort. This is bigger than anything, by far, that I've ever dealt with."

magpie
05-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Has anybody read anywhere that James Gilmore (Ali's husband) is 1 of 4 persons of interest in the case? :confused:

I found this article while googling, but the link doesn't work. I found the article on another forum. It's the last post on the bottom of the page, poster is Themis Eternal.

I haven't seen this info anywhere else, but the source looks good to me.

link to article: Riviera Mayor Pleads for Information on Missing Cousin (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/pbccentral/content/local_news/epaper/2006/03/04/s3b_rbMissing_0304.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=17)

Forum link: From Whispers to Roars (http://fromwhisperstor.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=6138&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15)

Riviera mayor pleads for information on missing cousin
By Dara Kam

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Saturday, March 04, 2006

TALLAHASSEE — Riviera Beach Mayor Michael Brown made a desperate plea Friday afternoon for help finding his missing cousin, Ali Gilmore, a Riviera Beach native who disappeared here a month ago.

"We're gravely concerned... this is very unlike her," Brown said at a short press conference after meeting with Tallahassee Mayor John Marks, the missing woman's mother, Laurvetta G. McLawrence, and McLawrence's husband, Carl.

"I want to urge all the persons of interest — and they know who they are — to step forward and to cooperate and to continue to cooperate with the police department here," Brown said.

Tallahassee police officials have identified "four persons of interest" in the case, including her estranged husband, James Gilmore, but currently have no suspects, said police spokesman John Newland.

dreamer
05-21-2006, 02:06 AM
I definately think the husband moving back into the home is a red flag. It is as if he is saying that he knows she isn't coming back.

Bobbisangel
05-25-2006, 12:59 AM
I definately think the husband moving back into the home is a red flag. It is as if he is saying that he knows she isn't coming back.

Kind of like Scott Peterson wanting to put their house up for sale...furnished. At least Ali's husband waited somewhat longer then a week to decide to move back into the house. I think Scott waited a week before he started contacting realators!

If Ali and her husband are buying the house then I can understand him moving into it and keeping the payments up so they don't lose it. I don't know if it was a rental or if they were buying it though. I guess it kind of bothers me because they were seperated when she went missing. She stayed in the house. After she goes missing he moves back into the house.
Hopfully he didn't move in because he knows that she isn't coming back. If I murdered someone I don't think I would want to live among their belongings but I never cease to be amazed at what some people do.

I would like to know who the other 3 persons of interest are. Thats a lot of people all total to be people of interest. I wonder what Ali's family have to say about her marriage. I wonder if there was ever any abuse of any kind. Was he as happy about the baby as she was. Darn I wish Ali would show up.
I wonder if this husband has been involved in any searches, putting up flyers, etc? I imagine he is pretty busy with college and work but it is his wife that is missing.

cdt0283
06-01-2006, 11:49 PM
I wonder if there is any surveillance footage from when she left work on Thursday at Publix or the pizza place she apparantely stopped at.

LinetteH
06-02-2006, 12:09 AM
They said the pizza boxes were inside--so she was not abducted by her car--I just have a hinky feeling about it! If she were a "single" woman heading home why would she have two pizzas? Even if I wanted leftovers one pizza would be plenty! I know it seems like a simple thing but it seems to me that she ordered two pizzas because someone was meeting her at the house! My money is still on the husband--he just gives me that vibe! I would like to think it wasn't him but so far nothing points to anything else! He would also be the only other person concerened with locking the house up since he wouldn't want anything to get stolen! Also--the keys to het car were not there--well, he wouldn't want that to get stolen either!

Bobbisangel
06-02-2006, 05:03 AM
They said the pizza boxes were inside--so she was not abducted by her car--I just have a hinky feeling about it! If she were a "single" woman heading home why would she have two pizzas? Even if I wanted leftovers one pizza would be plenty! I know it seems like a simple thing but it seems to me that she ordered two pizzas because someone was meeting her at the house! My money is still on the husband--he just gives me that vibe! I would like to think it wasn't him but so far nothing points to anything else! He would also be the only other person concerened with locking the house up since he wouldn't want anything to get stolen! Also--the keys to het car were not there--well, he wouldn't want that to get stolen either!

So she had gotten more than one pizza? I wonder what size they were? Still wouldn't make sense to buy more than one just for herself. If this couple were working on putting their marriage back together then it is doubtful that Ali had a male over for pizza. If a girlfriend had joined her for dinner it just makes sense the girlfriend would have talked to LE right away as she would have been the last person to have seen Ali.

I'm with you on the husband. Nothing else fits. Maybe they had pizza together and something happened. I'd like to know what their marriage problems were. He says they just needed some time away from each other. Just needing space wouldn't take them to a marriage counselor. There has never been anything said about the husband being abusive or Ali just didn't tell anyone. Which could very well be. I wonder if the husband has a solid alibi for the evening and night that Ali disappeared? His sleeping in instead of getting up for their counseling session bothers me. A person really serious about putting their marriage back together would be sure to set their alarm, I would think anyway. They had a baby on the way for pity sake. I think maybe he already knew that Ali wouldn't be there for the session.

LinetteH
06-02-2006, 04:17 PM
His sleeping in instead of getting up for their counseling session bothers me. A person really serious about putting their marriage back together would be sure to set their alarm, I would think anyway. They had a baby on the way for pity sake. I think maybe he already knew that Ali wouldn't be there for the session.
First, they keep saying pizzas and boxes in referring to the pizza. I am telling you--I do not know a single woman who orders more than one pizza at a time! Even a pregnant single woman. I am almost positive they must have agreed to meet at the house when she got off of work and talk etc...

Second, I believe you are SO right! What man, who wants to repair his marriage, sleeps through the alarm on a morning they are supposed to have counseling? I am sure he was exhausted from whatever he did the night before. He is not even the one who reported her missing! Surely he would have called to apologize/grovel/etc... for missing the appointment and when he never got in touch with her (for 4 days!!!) he should have called LE.

I would be shocked if it were determined he was not responsible for her disappearance.

Bobbisangel
06-04-2006, 03:32 AM
First, they keep saying pizzas and boxes in referring to the pizza. I am telling you--I do not know a single woman who orders more than one pizza at a time! Even a pregnant single woman. I am almost positive they must have agreed to meet at the house when she got off of work and talk etc...

Second, I believe you are SO right! What man, who wants to repair his marriage, sleeps through the alarm on a morning they are supposed to have counseling? I am sure he was exhausted from whatever he did the night before. He is not even the one who reported her missing! Surely he would have called to apologize/grovel/etc... for missing the appointment and when he never got in touch with her (for 4 days!!!) he should have called LE.

I would be shocked if it were determined he was not responsible for her disappearance.

I wonder if LE checked both of their phone records to see if either one called or tried to call the other the day of the counseling? If he didn't call her to apologize for not showing up that should be a big red flag for LE. It doesn't make sense that he would sleep until 10:00 or so unless he has a night job. If they were trying to put their marriage back together he shouldn't have been out partying...especially knowing that they had a morning counseling session.

I wonder if they suspect him but just haven't been able to put enough evidence together to prove it? I'm sure that LE must know a lot more then we do like why they really split in the first place. Her family should be able to fill them in about that. Wanting space is so much B.S. I wonder if either of them had been dating anyone else since they split.

I hope LE is still working on this case. And I hope they have checked out the husband's alibi upside down and inside out. To much just doesn't sound right to me.

GlitchWizard
06-09-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm a single woman and I'd order more than one pizza if I had a coupon and a refrigerator. :-( I guess I'm the only one. *sniffle*

Hey, in the parking lot of WalMart today, I overheard two women talking about that (some girl's name) had said that Ali had been found and the news was about to break all over the place.

Obviously I don't know these people, nor the girl they are talking about, and nothing is breaking all over the place at the moment - but it sure would be nice if this turns out to be the truth.

Bobbisangel
06-11-2006, 02:57 AM
I'm a single woman and I'd order more than one pizza if I had a coupon and a refrigerator. :-( I guess I'm the only one. *sniffle*

Hey, in the parking lot of WalMart today, I overheard two women talking about that (some girl's name) had said that Ali had been found and the news was about to break all over the place.

Obviously I don't know these people, nor the girl they are talking about, and nothing is breaking all over the place at the moment - but it sure would be nice if this turns out to be the truth.

I wonder if the boxes where both empty? Don't cry, you aren't the only one ...hugs to you...My 17 yr old granddaughter lives with me but she is gone a lot of the time so I'm pretty much alone...no sniffles here though I love being single and independant :D

Well I wonder if Ali has been found and they aren't letting the media know yet for some reason. I sure wish. I'd rather her be found alive but I have my doubts about that because of the length of time she's been gone. Keep your ears open wide...LOL

GlitchWizard
06-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Well, there hasn't been any breaking news around here, so I guess the people talking were just people talking and no one really "in the know." :-(

It's not looking good, though, that's for sure.

Bobbisangel
06-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Nothing yet. I just wish that they could find Ali.

Reader
06-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Just want to leave a message that I hope there will be an answer for Ali's family and friends soon. It would be wonderful if she is found safe. I was recently reading at Ali's site and many people love her and miss her.

There has been no news on her case locally in quite a while, however, I believe the case is still being worked on by the police dept. and they will get an answer eventually. I still think their best bet is the husband, too many inconsistencies in his story and he does not seem too worried about missing her except for the money she brought in. However, I hope I am wrong and that the person she loved and was having a baby with did not harm her.

There have not been any more searches that I've heard about in the area. The billboard is down and I rarely see a flyer anymore. This case needs more publicity and attention in the news.

GlitchWizard
06-23-2006, 01:47 PM
There is a search SOON, but I am not sure of the dates. I saw a sign about it and I think it's next weekend.

Reader
06-23-2006, 01:57 PM
There is a search SOON, but I am not sure of the dates. I saw a sign about it and I think it's next weekend.

Great news! Wonder why it has not been publicized more? Nothing in the paper that I've seen.

If you find out more please post about it. I'm also in the area and will try to participate.

Thanks

Bobbisangel
06-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Just checking to see if there has been a miracle and there is news of Ali.

Reader
07-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Unfortunately, no news on finding Ali, but the newspaper today has information on 2 commemorations for Ali.

A garden has been planted for her where she lived:

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060715/NEWS01/607150313/1010/NEWS01

Also, the City of Tallahassee parks division has planted a tree for Ali. On this link look midway down on the right for Video Reports, and click on "A Tree for Ali Gilmore". The video shows her mother and has a talk by Capt. Kelly Burke, Tallahassee Police Dept.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Bobbisangel
08-08-2006, 03:13 AM
I wonder if LE still thinks that Ali's husband is a suspect? All of these people can't just vanish into thin air. There has to be some evidence somewhere...like in her house or car. What about the others that they were looking at. I just hate when nothing happens. I just wish they would find Ali. I know to much time has gone by and she probably isn't alive but her family deserves to know what happened to her and who did it.

Bobbisangel
08-16-2006, 03:03 AM
No news on Ali?

Reader
08-26-2006, 11:26 PM
No news about progress on Ali's case. I'm posting some of a good article that answered some questions for me. It has some background information and a clear story of what happened before Ali disappeared:

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060723/NEWS01/607230314&theme=GILMORE

But sometime after 11 p.m. Feb. 2, a stormy night, Ali disappeared.

Police found no evidence of foul play. No blood. No signs of a struggle in her house. Nothing seemed stolen. Her car was in the driveway. Her purse was in the car, but her house keys and car keys were missing.

She had vanished.

After six months, more than 1,600 hours of investigating by police, a media campaign and numerous searches, the question still remains: Where is Ali Gilmore?
----------------------------
Some time after the separation, Ali began dating a man she met at FAMU's homecoming, Attalah said. Family members said his name was Dwight.

Ali's neighbor, Gary Merone, who described himself as being close to Ali, said the man Ali was dating was a truck driver, but the relationship wasn't serious.

Friends described him as light-skinned and muscular, with curly hair. Neighbors said they would see him washing Ali's car.

But Ali seemed to be determined to make her marriage work.

In January, Ali told her sister she wanted to reconcile with James.
-------------------------------
Neither Ali nor James attended the counseling session that Friday morning.

James said he overslept and woke up at about 11 a.m. He left a message at Ali's day job, apologizing for missing the counseling session.

Ali didn't show up at the Department of Health that day, nor did she call in to say she wouldn't be there. Co-workers knew about the counseling session set for 9 a.m., and they figured she'd be in later. Freeman, her supervisor and confidante, was out sick and did not know Ali wasn't there.

James called Ali's home Saturday morning. He went over there that afternoon, saw her car in the driveway and knocked on her door, but no one answered, he said.

"I'm thinking, she's really mad," James said.

On Monday, Denson and Freeman went to Ali's house, knocked on her door and window, but got no answer. They said her bedroom light and the front floodlight were on.

They called police.

Bobbisangel
08-27-2006, 09:15 PM
It sounds like someone was waiting for her as she returned home from work. I say that because of her purse being left in the car. If she had gotten into the house wouldn't she have taken her purse with her?

There is no way this gal left home on her own. With everything that was going on in her life she had every reason to stay right there and prepare for her baby.

It doesn't sound like the boyfriend or friend was anyone that would have been a threat unless he cared more for Ali then she did about him. You never know what someone else might think or feel though. I wonder if LE questioned him and if he had an alibi. He is one that they would need a solid alibi for.

With Ali being so worried about the property taxes that had gone up wouldn't she have talked to James about that? It sounds like their problem was her having to work two jobs while he wasn't carrying his weight financially. I remember him saying that the reason they seperated was because Ali said she needed her space. That is a world apart from financial problems.

I wonder if he had talked to her at work and then showed up at her house when she got home. She might have gotten really upset because she didn't have the money for the property taxes and he wasn't financially able to help pay the taxes....kind of the same old story which led to their seperation. Maybe things got out of hand and something happened. Whoever did something to Ali had a 4 day lead on LE. I wonder if they will ever find her?

Thanks so much for posting that article. It does give more insight into what could have happened doesn't it?

cdt0283
09-05-2006, 02:59 AM
I haven't heard of anything new in the case. I do think they will solve this case. Lets hope it is soon.

GlitchWizard
09-05-2006, 03:14 PM
If she was going for a short drive with someone - someplace she didn't feel she needed a purse, such as a dinner date or movie where she knew the other person was paying - she might have only taken the keys.

I've left my wallet in the car on numerous occassions and only taken my keys when I thought it was a short trip. This person would have met her in her driveway, though, not picked her up from the house. This happens when two people are going somewhere and decide to only take one car.

Maybe the boyfriend didn't want her going back to her husband?

Reader
09-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Bobbisangel, glad you liked the article. I was glad to read more background on Ali's life and the timeline of what happened before and after she disappeared.

GlitchWizard, I'm also starting to think that way regarding the boyfriend. Just because someone else says the relationship was not serious does not mean that's how this person really felt. He may have been very upset that Ali wanted to return to her husband. The husband's account of what happened when he missed the appointment and trying to contact her after, but thinking she was mad, sounded more believeable.

I'm thinking she was not going on a planned date/outing that night, remembering about her bringing the 2 pizzas home with her. I can see that she may have taken the pizzas in first, carrying her keys but leaving her purse in the car for the moment.

With the lights that were on, it seems to me she turned on the outside lights as she came in, or had left them on before. I think someone was already in the house and surprised her, maybe by turning on the bedroom light? The boyfriend could very well have had his own key to the house. With his being a truck driver, if he was the one, he could have taken her anywhere before she was missed. A cabin in a big truck would be a very easy place to hide someone.

It would be interesting to know if someone saw his truck in the area at the
time or if he has another vehicle. Just throwing this out, since the police have probably verified he was out of the area, but what I think happened when Ali came home could still apply to someone else also.

Bobbisangel
09-08-2006, 02:01 AM
Yes I agree, the male friend could have cared a lot more then she even knew. He may have been really upset when she said she wanted to try again with her husband. But she told her sister in January that she wanted to try again with James and it was Feb when she disappeared. Almost a month after she told her sister. You would think that she would have told the male friend before the time she disappeared. Maybe he showed up and told her he wanted to talk and why don't they go for a ride or go grab something to eat.

It could have also been her husband. It seems to me that their financial situation hadn't bettered itself since they seperated. She was already working two jobs and still didn't have the money for the taxes. Maybe it was James that showed up and wanted to talk. Maybe Ali told him that she didn't see any sense in them trying to make it. Nothing had changed and it didn't look like anything would. She was probably pretty upset about not being able to pay the taxes....she could lose her home. Maybe James didn't like her attitude and lost it. I don't think it means anything that he called her at work and at home. If he is guilty that was a smart move on his part. I remember that Scott Peterson made calls to Laci after he knew exactly where she was...he was taking her there or had just dropped her off. I wonder what kind of temprement James has? I can't remember what the family has said.

Reader
09-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Bobbisangel, some good points you made about the problems with the husband. No, I haven't taken him off my list either. Agree, the calls could have just been to cover himself.

In fact, I think I read that there were 4 POIs, so I wonder who the other 2 are?

That story's information just make me think more about the BF being involved. As far as Ali telling him anything, maybe he had been off on a trip? Maybe she was waiting to see how the counseling went? The fact that he is a trucker would make it very easy for him to take Ali far away, and all the searches locally have not found anything, that we've heard about.

A good point about the money problems and Ali's worry over the taxes. I wonder if, as you said, the husband came over or she called him to come over and discuss this and if she asked him, or demanded, that he pay this bill or help pay it? He had lived there before and if they were getting back together, it should have been some of his responsibility also. This might have angered him. Now that he has moved back in the house, the taxes must have been paid somehow.

It is also still suspicious that the husband missed that appointment, since he professed to want the reconciliation also. Seems that would be a very important date to keep in mind and set your clock for. What was he doing so late the night before that he slept until 11am?

I wish we could hear something else from the investigators on what is going on.

Bobbisangel
09-09-2006, 12:34 AM
I wonder who the other 2 POI's are too. I wonder if that number has been narrowed down by now.

I wish we knew more about the marriage and what kind of temprement the husband has. It bothers me that he said they split because "she wanted some space." In reality it sounds like they split because of financial problems which is a world apart from a person wanting their space.

The daughter that I lost...was murdered...left her abusive husband when things started getting really bad in the marriage. To make a long story short she came home and almost right off the bat she realized that she was pregnant. She talked herself into going back to him and that everything would be different because she believed that a child needed a mom and a dad. He told her he would go to counseling with her, etc,etc. He didn't of course. Nothing changed. She stayed with him until their daughter was 4 1/2.
She filed for divorce and got it and a few weeks after that he murdered her. Altogether she lived 7 months after she left him.

I hope that this isn't what happened to Ali. I don't know if her mother and father were divorced when she was young or what her home life was like when she was growing up. I divorced my ex when my daughter was almost 5 and her brother and sisters were 9, 8, and 7. That is why she felt like a child needed a mom and a dad. She didn't understand that a bad dad is worse then no dad.

Ali and her husband split and then she finds out that she is pregnant. Maybe she felt the same way and wanted to try and make the marriage work. It's just a guess of course but it would be understandable. Maybe she already knew that it wasn't going to work before that first counseling session. Maybe she told him that and he lost it.

I'd like to know if the police have cleared that truck driver. When my two oldest kids were young I met a guy that I looked at as a friend. He was just so nice and good with my kids. He didn't appeal to me in the least but I liked talking to him and having him as a friend. He was kind of quiet and seemed like a good guy. One night we were at my apt and the kids were in bed. We were just sitting there talking and all of a sudden he grabbed me and carried me to the bedroom. He tried to rape me and to this day I don't know how I got away from him. He was on top of me and all I remember is saying "you son of a *****" and trying to push myself up. The next thing I knew I was outside of my apartment and I ran and hid. I was so scared. My little kids were upstairs. I didn't worry about him hurting them for some reason and thank God he didn't. After what seemed to be forever I heard his car start.
I never would have believed in a million years that he would do that. So much for nice quiet friendly guys! I wonder if that truck driver was one of those nice guys that really aren't nice guys. I know that it is possible for women to have male friends and that is all it is. But didn't we read that he would be out there washing her car, etc? You are right, if it was him she could be anywhere. If his route was through different states it is hard to tell where she would be. We would probably never know.

I wish we would hear something new on her case. I also wonder about Leslie Adams. Do you remember her? She disappeared around the same time that Tara did. Her husband or boyfriend had been abusive and she had just gotten a protection order. I've never heard that she has been found.

There are so many missing people that just vanished into thin air. People of all ages. It just breaks my heart.

Reader
09-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Good post, Bobbisangel, so many questions about what could have happened in this case, who is responsible and what is going on with the investigation.

It's possible that Ali wanted the family back together mainly due to her pregnancy, as you said for your daughter. Seems that getting pregnant and filing for protection orders are 2 of the most dangerous things a girlfriend/wife of an abuser can do. I'm very sorry about your daughter and glad they were able to get the one who did it and have a trial. I wish the same for Ali and others who are missing. I feel sorry for her mother, sisters and friends because the worst has to be not knowing what has happened or where she is.

That was a terrible experience you went through with your so-called friend, and you are lucky not to be hurt worse. Sometimes people can really fool you about who they are and how they feel about you.

Yes, I remember Leslie Adams but have not seen anything new on her for a while. I think there is a thread on her in missing persons. The last I read, the husband had been arrested for violating the protection order, because they verified that he had called her.

Agree, I never knew so many children/adults went missing before looking into forums about it, because you only hear about certain ones in the news. But, they have not vanished, they are still on this earth somewhere and somebody knows where they are and what happened. It seems that sometimes it takes years for these people to come forward and tell the truth, or for some evidence to be found that leads to the answer. Hopefully, there will be an answer for Ali and her family one day.

cdt0283
10-08-2006, 09:48 PM
This may or may not be related. Let's hope it is not.
I'm trying to see if there are any other women missing in the area.

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061008/BREAKINGNEWS/610080345

Bobbisangel
10-09-2006, 07:25 AM
This may or may not be related. Let's hope it is not.
I'm trying to see if there are any other women missing in the area.

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061008/BREAKINGNEWS/610080345

I wish they had said what shape the body was in. By now there probably isn't much left of Ali but bones. If they could tell that it was a woman it probably isn't her. I wonder how many other women are missing in that area?

I still think the key here is Ali's husband. I wonder what hours he worked the night she disappeared. If he worked all night then he might not have had much time to go to far away. I would imagine that LE has all of that info though. I just wish she would be found.

Reader
10-11-2006, 03:01 PM
http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061011/NEWS01/610110327/1010/NEWS01

Sheriff: Death likely homicide

Gadsden County Sheriff's Office investigators suspect that the woman who was found in the Ochlockonee River is the victim of a homicide. She was identified Tuesday as Martha Carol Battles, 39, Maj. Tommy Haire said. Her body was found Sunday afternoon in the river near Iron Bridge Road outside Havana. Haire said Battles' mother didn't know she was missing until they got word of her death. Haire refused to comment on how Battles died or whether anything was missing. However, he said, "We have suspects. We have been questioning people."

Bobbisangel
10-12-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm glad that it wasn't Ali but on the other hand, it would have given her family some peace if it had been. I think it would be so hard not knowing where your daughter is and what happened to her.

4Angels
12-15-2006, 09:35 AM
The daughter that I lost...was murdered...left her abusive husband when things started getting really bad in the marriage. To make a long story short she came home and almost right off the bat she realized that she was pregnant. She talked herself into going back to him and that everything would be different because she believed that a child needed a mom and a dad. He told her he would go to counseling with her, etc,etc. He didn't of course. Nothing changed. She stayed with him until their daughter was 4 1/2.

She filed for divorce and got it and a few weeks after that he murdered her. Altogether she lived 7 months after she left him.
So sorry for the pain you and your granddaugther must endure because of his selfish actions.

Sadly, many people in the relationship don't realize the dangers of it until it's too late.

I had many problems leaving a guy a dated years ago and had to get a PFA from him. Which, of course, did no good because he didn't even respect it. Even the cops blew it off everytime I called. But that is another long drawn out story of it's own.

I believe that poor Ali is a victim of a very similiar situation as your daughter Bobbi.

It brings me to tears how many just "vanish". How can someone treat another human's life so callously?

fran
12-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Here it is, almost 2007, and still no Ali.

I sure hope LE hasn't forgotten her or her child.

Someone knows something..........:(

Let's hope with the coming of the new year, there will be some answers for Ali's family.

fran

Bobbisangel
01-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Here it is, almost 2007, and still no Ali.

I sure hope LE hasn't forgotten her or her child.

Someone knows something..........:(

Let's hope with the coming of the new year, there will be some answers for Ali's family.

fran

I hope Ali's family receive some answers this year too. I hope that this case hasn't grown cold and is stuck away somewhere like so many others.

FLMom
02-03-2007, 02:37 PM
The empty garden next to Kathy McGee's house reminds her daily that her friend and next-door neighbor, Ali Gilmore, an avid gardener, has been missing for a year this weekend.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070203/NEWS01/702030335/1010

FLMom
02-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Gospel music played in the background on a cold night Saturday as Laurvetta Grimsley- McLawrencepleaded with God to give her answers about her missing daughter, Ali Gilmore.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070204/NEWS01/702040330/1010

Bobbisangel
02-17-2007, 05:46 AM
Gospel music played in the background on a cold night Saturday as Laurvetta Grimsley- McLawrencepleaded with God to give her answers about her missing daughter, Ali Gilmore.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070204/NEWS01/702040330/1010

That is so sad. I hope and pray that this mother gets some answers too, Bless her mom.

fran
03-03-2007, 05:39 PM
What's the deal? They have no suspect or they just don't care?

I saw this case when it broke, checked in from time to time, and still no arrest.

Sorry, ALL POINTS lead to the HUSBAND!

Doesn't anyone care?

They need some NATIONAL exposure. Maybe that'll make the husband sweat enough to make a mistake.

Is there some way to get this on AMW or something?

This police department needs a fire lit under 'em to get their act in motion!

WHERE IS ALI!?!

JMHO
fran

cdt0283
03-10-2007, 02:08 AM
I live in the area. And I haven't heard even a mention of this for a while. I think I heard a quick something about it in early Feb. when she had been missing for 1 year. Thats all. Seems like Tally police have nothing to go on.

What's the deal? They have no suspect or they just don't care?

I saw this case when it broke, checked in from time to time, and still no arrest.

Sorry, ALL POINTS lead to the HUSBAND!

Doesn't anyone care?

They need some NATIONAL exposure. Maybe that'll make the husband sweat enough to make a mistake.

Is there some way to get this on AMW or something?

This police department needs a fire lit under 'em to get their act in motion!

WHERE IS ALI!?!

JMHO
fran

Bobbisangel
03-22-2007, 04:19 AM
It is just sickening that nothing has happened in this case. Ali didn't just take off never to be heard from again. I wonder how hard LE even looked at the husband. I wonder if he is living in her home now? I wonder if LE ever even checked the place where the husband was living or his vehicle. Did they check to see if he had an alibi for the time she went missing. Makes me wonder just how much effort they even put out on Ali missing.

cdt0283
07-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Want to keep this current. Ali made the national news on MSNBC/Dateline. Still no more info.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18561766/

cdt0283
07-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Here's what Ali's sister posted recently on her webpage:

Why Ali? I ask myself a hundred times a day why Ali? Why did my sister ever marry a sorry man? Why is her sorry husband and his brother living in my sister's house that they can't afford? Why did the judge give him sole ownership of my sister's property?
Why is my sister missing for 487 days, 22 hours, 43 mins. and 54 seconds? Why didn't my sister get the media coverage like Kelsey Smith?
Why did my sister meet a guy name Dwight that work at George Pacific Lumber Company? Why was he the last person to talk to my sister before she went missing? Why did he refuse to take a stress test? Why didn't her husband show up to marriage counseling? Why did her husband move out of the house? Why her husband never help search for my sister his wife?
Why did TPD give Ali's husband back the keys to her house after 5 days?
Why is this person(s) that had something to do with my sister is still on the street? Why haven't anyone came forward with informattion pertaining to my sister's case?
WHY??????????????????????????

~ Attallah McLawrence, Sister ~ 06-06-2007

FLMom
10-02-2007, 01:14 PM
I posted this in Ali's forum, but thought I'd cross post here.

Tallahassee Democrat

Officials try to identify remains found in woods
Originally published October 2, 2007

A representative from the Medical Examiner's Office is assisting Leon County detectives as they try to identify skeletal remains found in a wooded area off Tennessee Capital Boulevard.
The remains were found about 3 p.m. Monday.

Due to the condition of the remains, they cannot determine whether the body is a man or a woman," Leon County Sheriff's Office spokesman Chris Chase said. "It appears the remains have been here for some time."
A man walking through the woods came across the remains and called the Sheriff's Office, which determined it was a human body.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071002/NEWS01/710020346/1010

Extra thoughts and prayers for Ali's family today. . . .

(Edited to add: I did a MapQuest from Ali's home to the site. It's 10.5 miles, 14 minutes. )

Bobbisangel
10-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Thank you so much for posting that. I wonder if it could be Ali? It's just unbelievable that no one has ever been arrested or anything in her case. I can't even imagine how her poor family feel by now. The husband is still high on my list as he is the only person that had motive and the only person who raised red flags to me.

Do you know anything about the guy that Ali's sister said that she had met? Was that some one recently before she disappeared? I'd like to know more about that one. I just wish that this body was Ali's so that her family might find some peace. Please keep us posted on this body.

Can you please give my Ali's website? I've looked but can't seem to find it now.

FLMom
10-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Thank you so much for posting that. I wonder if it could be Ali? It's just unbelievable that no one has ever been arrested or anything in her case. I can't even imagine how her poor family feel by now. The husband is still high on my list as he is the only person that had motive and the only person who raised red flags to me.

Do you know anything about the guy that Ali's sister said that she had met? Was that some one recently before she disappeared? I'd like to know more about that one. I just wish that this body was Ali's so that her family might find some peace. Please keep us posted on this body.

Can you please give my Ali's website? I've looked but can't seem to find it now.

Sure. Ali's website is:
http://www.whereisaligilmore.com

I don't know if you remember, but a while back I sent you a PM about who I think it is and why I think it's them. I trust my source, that's for sure.

I wish I knew more about the new boyfriend. I remember reading somewhere that she still wanted to reconcile with her husband.

I'll keep you posted if anything else happens here.

Thanks for caring for Ali!

mom3dd
10-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the update Flmom hope it is Ali so that there may be closure and hopefully justice.

FLMom
10-11-2007, 02:22 PM
. . . but for another family, maybe the healing can begin.

TALLAHASSEE DEMOCRAT
October 11, 2007

Skeletal remains found Oct. 1 in a wooded area off Tennessee Capital Boulevard have been identified as Bobbi Jean Tew, a missing Jefferson County mother of three.

She was last seen more than two years ago, said Chris Chase, spokesman for the Leon County Sheriff's Office. A Midway car-repair-shop employee dropped her off at a west Tallahassee mobile-home park April 27, 2005.

The remains were found “relatively close” to where she was last seen in Tallahassee, said Investigator Scott Ivey of the Gadsden County Sheriff's Office. Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigators were able to identify the remains through dental records, Ivey said.

Investigators haven't released the cause of death or said how she died.

"They are piecing together the hours and days leading up to her death to determine the cause," Chase said.
http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071011/NEWS01/710110387/1010/NEWS01 (http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071011/NEWS01/710110387/1010/NEWS01)

Bobbisangel
10-12-2007, 05:22 AM
How is it that quite a few times the remains are found close to where the person was last seen? Didn't they search for this mother of three? You would think that the first place that would be searched would be the area that she disappeared from! I just don't understand that and it happens all to often.

In a way I'm glad that it wasn't Ali but we know that she is out there somewhere or she would have contacted her family. I can't imagine being in their shoes and what they must go through every time a body is found. I just pray that Ali is found soon and maybe her family can find some peace.

cdt0283
12-30-2007, 03:26 AM
Now with a recently murdered woman, Cheryl Hodges, I think about Ali Gilmore and hope someday she is found.

Bobbisangel
12-30-2007, 07:09 AM
Now with a recently murdered woman, Cheryl Hodges, I think about Ali Gilmore and hope someday she is found.

I hope that she is found too. So many women have disappeared never to be seen again or found. It seems like Tara Grimstead disappeared right about the time that Ali did and she hasn't been found either. My heart goes out to all families that have missing loved ones. I don't know how they keep on going.

thefox60
12-30-2007, 07:32 AM
I hope that she is found too. So many women have disappeared never to be seen again or found. It seems like Tara Grimstead disappeared right about the time that Ali did and she hasn't been found either. My heart goes out to all families that have missing loved ones. I don't know how they keep on going.

I so hope she is found too - when you have someone who has disappeared I think it is inner strength that somehow comes into play, to keep you going.

FLMom
12-30-2007, 09:24 AM
cdt, Bobbi and fox. . . .

You aren't the only ones that have been thinking about Ali. She was one of my first thoughts during the search for Cheryl Hodges. . . that maybe they'd find Ali out there in the national forrest.

Maybe the coming year will bring their family such much deserved peace, and this will be the year that she's found. I think finding her is all they're waiting for before they arrest who did it.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
02-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Four years later, Ali Gilmore still missing

Four years, and still no trace of Ali Gilmore.

The candlelight vigils and exhaustive searches are long over. Grief and frustration have turned her sister numb. Her mother, angry and bitter, has withered.

Though the case of the missing 30-year-old remains stone cold, Tallahassee police keep hoping the call will come and they'll finally learn what happened to the pregnant Department of Health analyst during the stormy early morning hours of Feb. 3, 2006.

Maybe today's the day.

More: http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20100203/NEWS0102/2030320/1010/news01

cluciano63
03-17-2010, 02:45 AM
This is such a sad, but sadly not untypical case. I recently read a book about wives who are murdered, especially when pregnant, and a study says that murder is the most common cause of death for pregnant women in our (fine) country. Isn't that the most sickening stat ever? Apparently pregnancy is a trigger for so many man who do not want another child...

Reader
02-04-2012, 12:27 AM
Where is Ali Gilmore?: 6 Years Later - SLIDESHOW

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/138639259.html

UPDATED 2.3.2012 by Julie Montanaro

A Tallahassee woman disappeared without a trace six years ago today.

Ali Gilmore has never been found - dead or alive - and police have never named a suspect in her disappearance.

Back in 2006, Her face loomed ten feet tall on billboards all over town.

Ali Gilmore. 30 years old, pregnant missing. She didn't show up for work one day and no one ever saw or heard from her again.

Her mother fears she's dead. She's convinced someone knows something and prays they won't be able to keep that secret forever.

"Everybody wants to know what happened to Ali. How could a person just get up and vanish?" Laurvetta McLawrence said on the phone from her home in West Palm Beach.

Gilmore disappeared on February 3, 2006. There were no signs of struggle in her home in Wilson Green. Her purse was untouched. Her car was still in the driveway.

Neighbors say people still stop by a memory garden nearby to light candles or leave flowers.

Tallahassee police consider this a missing persons case. It is not classified as a homicide.

More at link with video....

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
02-05-2012, 09:30 PM
February 3, 2012 marks 6 years when Ali Gilmore suddenly disappeared on her way home from work in Tallahassee.

http://www.wtxl.com/content/localnews/story/Two-years-later-still-few-clues-in-Danielle-Brown/fiTqCc1Pw062sgyfgFlElg.cspx

floridamomma
06-23-2013, 06:41 PM
bump for ali gilmore!