Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 39
Race: White
Height: 65 inches
Weight: 140 pounds
Hair Color: Lt. Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Complexion: Light
Identifying Characteristics: Tattoo of a "rose" on chest, tattoo of a "bear" on outer right ankle, partial with wire.
Clothing: Blue jeans, athletic shoes, blue jean jacket, carrying a purse with $80 cash.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Unknown. Star was last seen in the evening hours in the vicinity of the 4900 block of Metropolitan Ave. in Kansas City, KS.

Investigative Agency:
Kansas City Police Department
Phone: (913) 596-3000
Investigative Case #: 99023525
NCIC #: M-200313971

PonderingThings
02-15-2006, 07:42 PM
http://www.kansascitykansan.com/articles/2...local/news1.txt

After 7 years, murder victim still missing
By CARMEN CARDINAL

Kansan Staff Writer

Star Boomer would have been 46 years old today. Her family, especially her sister, Cynthia Hurtie will remember her bright, quick smile. Boomer's son, now 10, is being raised by his grandparents in Spring Hill.

"We believe she was murdered on my birthday, Feb. 23, 1999, seven years ago," Cynthia Hurtie said on Tuesday. It took her 10 years to pay for her sister's funeral. Now she is working on purchasing a tombstone. Boomer has never had a proper funeral because her body has never been found.

Boomer was a patron at Uncle Mike's Bar, 49th and Metropolitan, when she allegedly got into a violent fight with a man.

"There were about 13 witnesses who saw her get knocked to the ground and beaten until she was unconscious," said Hurtie. "No one lifted a finger to help her."

That was the last time anyone saw her.

Two men were arrested and charged with second degree murder by District Attorney Nick Tomasic, but were later released and charges dismissed because witnesses did not come forth.

Hurtie hopes that perhaps some of the witnesses will reconsider and agree to testify.

"There are people who know what happened," she said. Evidence also disappeared according to Hurtie. She said that the police were unable to search a truck owned by one of the suspects. Another vehicle, owned by the bartending girlfriend of one of the alleged perpetrators, was found burned, Hurtie said.

"I can only wonder if they burned it to destroy evidence, or maybe it was an attempt to intimidate her," she said. "He married her and she could not testify against him."

"The Kansas Bureau of Investigation and the KCK Police Department are continuing the investigation," Hurtie said.

A $6,000 Governor's Reward was put into effect by Gov. Bill Graves. People with information can call the KCKPD homicide and robbery unit at 913-673-6010 or the KBI, 1-800-KS CRIME. Persons can also call 4740-TIPS. She is listed with the National Center for Missing Adults.

Boomer had gone to the tavern with her friend and roommate, Carolyn Marshall, Hurtie said. A local news story reported that the tavern was near their home. Marshall had a drink and headed home, planning to return in a few hours to pick up her roommate. When she arrived at the bar, she was told that Boomer had left with two men. Investigators said it was believed that Boomer was killed in the bar and her body was dumped elsewhere.

Boomer grew up not far from the bar. She had attended Turner High School and had dropped out but was studying for a GED when she disappeared. She was planning to move to Spring Hill to live with her parents until she could get back on her feet.

Hurtie said she does not know if Boomer knew her attacker well, but in a newspaper article, Marshall said she saw a man knock her down to the floor, jerking off her bar stool, while she was there. Marshall reportedly said she didn't think they even said anything to each other. The man was hustled out the back door of the bar. Boomer got up and dusted herself off and sat at the bar, according to Marshall.

"The whole thing is horrifying," Hurtie said. "I still pursue it. I go to the media as much as I can. It has affected us a lot. Star's boy is 10 years old now and he does pretty well, but all our family wants to know where Star is. We would like to have a funeral for her."

She said the alleged perpetrators are still in the area.

"I will continue to pursue this until my family finds justice and closure," Hurtie said. "She was a human being and does not deserve to be thrown away like trash."

Hurtie said she has tried psychics, including the famous Sylvia Brown, but was very disappointed. She is now using the services of a detective with a cadaver-sniffing dog in the area.

"I have searched the woods in that area," Hurtie said. She hopes that someday, something will turn up, or a witness can come forth. Hurtie is in the nursing business with a few home health patients.

"I can't sleep and it is hard for me to hold an 8 to 5 job," she said. "I have to have flexible time to continue to be devoted to this. I can't give up. I don't mean for this to be an obsession but I want justice for her."

SuziQ
01-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Urgent! News reporter needs info today!

Bumping up as it may be related to the Renee Pernice case.
MO-Renee Pernice Missing since FRI., Mom of 3 in Kansas City (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77529)

A reporter in Kansas City if trying to verify a possible connection.

Can anyone locate and find contact info for Cynthia Hurtie, Star's sister? TIA.

SuziQ
01-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Update

The reporter was able to contact Star's family and the info is no longer needed. She's heard some info from LE and is also in contact with Shon's attorney.

dsntslp
01-31-2009, 12:59 AM
http://helpfindthelost.blogspot.com/

JaneInOz
01-31-2009, 01:12 AM

Actually as per the Renee Pernice thread we are not sure if this is valid
The email address is definitely not

dsntslp
01-31-2009, 02:08 AM
Helpfindthelost@yahoo.com

dsntslp
01-31-2009, 02:09 AM
That email on that blog works for me????

sohcnum
01-31-2009, 05:36 AM
only one place i have found the shon pernice name been mentioned with this case and thats a page that was created on 27th jan

and when trying to send email to ask question to the addy listed Helpfindthelost@yahoo.com the email came back delivery failed... undeliverable bad addy.

i dont think the man needs help proving guilt (imo and many others he IS) but am sure we would all like to know if this latest findings are fact.

SuziQ
01-31-2009, 02:00 PM
It would be cool if after all this time there is something that would lead to an answer in Star's case.

Suzan
01-31-2009, 03:06 PM
only one place i have found the shon pernice name been mentioned with this case and thats a page that was created on 27th jan

and when trying to send email to ask question to the addy listed Helpfindthelost@yahoo.com the email came back delivery failed... undeliverable bad addy.

i dont think the man needs help proving guilt (imo and many others he IS) but am sure we would all like to know if this latest findings are fact.

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-pernice-boomer-013009,0,1799219.story (http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-pernice-boomer-013009,0,1799219.story)

Suzan
01-31-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-pernice-boomer-013009,0,1799219.story (http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-pernice-boomer-013009,0,1799219.story)

And here--->> http://www.kmbz.com/Shon-Pernice-questioned-in-previous-missing-person/3758907 (http://www.kmbz.com/Shon-Pernice-questioned-in-previous-missing-person/3758907)

sohcnum
01-31-2009, 04:36 PM
ty so very much for the link to tie all in together..

was worried at first that it was someone trying to add in names to send all off on a wild goose chase.

hope with the new leads that justice is served and both families find closure.

JaneInOz
01-31-2009, 07:31 PM
ty so very much for the link to tie all in together..

was worried at first that it was someone trying to add in names to send all off on a wild goose chase.

hope with the new leads that justice is served and both families find closure.

Thanks so much also.
Ive resubmitted the new email - and it was just a email error to start with...

sohcnum
01-31-2009, 09:43 PM
could have been that addy was created several years ago when this case was new and purged because of inactivity?

hopefully now that they know addy wasnt working they will reactivate it or update the site with a working addy.

the addy i am referring to the Helpfindthelost@yahoo.com addy

just popped on quick to see if any new news so havent tried myself a second time to see if that addy has been possibly reactivated.

i sure hope the new lead will have the witnesses from before rethink things and come forward with what they saw before another innocent woman is victimized.

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by NRN:
Fair Use
Shon Pernice questioned in previous missing persons case
Jan. 30, 2009
KMBZ

Note Shon has never been charged or was a suspect but was the last to see Star.

http://www.kmbz.com/Shon-Pernice-que...person/3758907

Snip
KMBZ News has learned a Kansas City man was questioned in the disappearance of a woman almost 10 years ago. A source in the KCK Police Department says Shon Pernice was questioned in the disappearance of 48 year old Star Boomer. She's been missing since an altercation at a bar at 49th and Metropolitan in February of 1999. The source says Pernice was one of the last persons to see Boomer before she disappeared.

Click link for whole story

From the www.justiceforchandra.com site - interesting because it gives as source someone in the PD, which I did not catch in the FOX news report -

Originally posted by Boomer*Chick:

Hi all - this is my first post here - It is just horrible the way this whole story is unfolding- as far as the bar where star boomer was last seen- It was just a local scumbag watering hole back then as it is now. They have changed their name a couple of times in the last ten years - it was uncle mikes , then was changed to nobody's business . it has since changed again. I am praying for renee and her family- and know what they are going through, hopefully it will come to an end soon. below is a link to photos of where star was last seen - please take a look

http://www.slide.com/r/4R94IJl85z9uu...t_embedded_url

I brought these over from Renee's thread.

dsntslp
02-05-2009, 12:29 PM
That "Shhhhh Nobody's Business" name the bar was changed to is very curious. I wonder how long after Star went missing was the name of the bar changed?

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 12:37 PM
One thing I notice is if you drew a circle it would encompass the bar where Star was last seen, Independence where he worked, and Gladstone where his mother lives. This sounds like his "territory".

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 12:39 PM
That "Shhhhh Nobody's Business" name the bar was changed to is very curious. I wonder how long after Star went missing was the name of the bar changed?I don't put a lot of stock into bar names. I can see a couple of guys sitting around with beers coming up with a new name for their dive and it could have been just as easily named, "Couple of guys sitting with beer". ;)

In ten years, that bar could have changed owners multiple times which frequently changes the crowd. The same people who hung out there 10 years ago are not likely to be found there.

dsntslp
02-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I think I heard the bar name was changed not long after Star went missing. I think that is very curious in that it seems almost a way to tell patrons to shut up...and not discuss Star. Just an idea...

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 12:48 PM
If they were afraid of those men enough not to testify against them, they probably weren't going to advertise it by naming the bar with overtones of connecting to a missing woman.

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Do we know where the other two men are now? Do we have those records?

dsntslp
02-05-2009, 12:50 PM
It just seems like a message to everyone to "shut up" to me. Where would we look to find the date the name changed?

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't get bogged down on such a small detail, but you can look under the Secretary Of State's office records (I think) to find when the name was secured. I am not sure of the records in KS or MO and how much online access we have to them.

Can someone local tell me more about the lake near Smithville? Is it a hang out for people? Ten years ago, what was it like?

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 01:06 PM
It just seems like a message to everyone to "shut up" to me. I think it means similar to "What happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas". Meaning we party hearty and anything goes...but we don't spread it around town if Bob is sleeping with Missy who is married to Joe who is sleeping with Bob's wife. :X

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Boomer*Chick~ You would have the most insight to Star. What was she like? Obviously, she liked to party a bit (nothing wrong with that). What were her normal habits? Occassional drug use? BF's? What were her friends like especially the girl that dropped her off?

darkstar105
02-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Seriously Searching, Smithville Lake is not very active in the winter. There is one campground that is open all winter with an honor system pay box. I have been there several times in the winter and been the ONLY campers in the entire campground. No Ranger Rick came by, but neither did any rowdy people. I was kind of surprised no teens went there to drink or smoke what-have-you. It has been completely quiet and empty every time I have gone there in the winter.

In the summer it's more of a boaters and jet-skier's paradise and not so much of a family campground because there is no shade (Just my experience--I could be wrong.)

Sometimes in the winter they have a controlled deer hunt, right around New Year's in fact. But if it wasn't the weekend of the controlled deer hunt, I am betting Shon or whoever could have had the whole place to himself.

But the river is a better bet to get rid of a body. I think.

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Could you check on that controlled deer hunt? I know it is a remote possibility, but the area is only 34 minutes from that bar where Star went missing and less from where Renee went missing. If it put Shon in a location where he is familiar and not afraid of being seen or noticed due to it being so isolated...I think this would be better than dumping her into a river where she could be found much easier by washing up.

Both women could be in or around the same location.

Were you around that area 10 years ago? I just wonder if the activity at the lake has decreased since then? A man like Shon, imo, would be one of those to gravitate towards hunting, boating, and fishing. (I could be wrong about that, but is a guess.)

Suzan
02-05-2009, 06:12 PM
jfy

The name of the bar 'was' changed/chosen in light of Star going missing.
The bartender/witness soon after 'married' Gino the man that hit Star.

goose13
02-05-2009, 06:21 PM
How do you know the bartender/witness married "Gino?" Where is that information coming from? Is the information on-line someplace???

Suzan
02-05-2009, 06:30 PM
How do you know the bartender/witness married "Gino?" Where is that information coming from? Is the information on-line someplace???

I followed the case closely way back when.

goose13
02-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Names?? We can do a search on public records. I know the two males in the bar names. Was GINO his real first name or was that a nickname. Did he marry in missouri or kansas?? Things like that. Then we can do a search and see if any names are coming up in star's case, and renee's case. I have a gut feeling that they are connected. Then we can see if we can get this women found so they can rest in peace.

Suzan
02-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Names?? We can do a search on public records. I know the two males in the bar names. Was GINO his real first name or was that a nickname. Did he marry in missouri or kansas?? Things like that. Then we can do a search and see if any names are coming up in star's case, and renee's case. I have a gut feeling that they are connected. Then we can see if we can get this women found so they can rest in peace.

darkstar105
02-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Looks like the managed deer hunt at Smithville Lake was Dec. 20. That gibes with my memory.

http://mdc.mo.gov/hunt/deer/mgndeer/

I would say that I have been familiar with Smithville Lake in the winter for more like 5 years not 10 years...but it is DEAD in the winter. Crow's Creek is the one that is open in the winter with an honor system box and no park ranger.

http://www.lasr.net/travel/lake.php?Lake_ID=MO02lk001&Attraction_ID=MO02lk001a003

dsntslp
02-05-2009, 11:31 PM
That is useful information darkstar105, ty ty.

SuziQ
02-06-2009, 12:59 AM
jfy

The name of the bar 'was' changed/chosen in light of Star going missing.
The bartender/witness soon after 'married' Gino the man that hit Star.

Well isn't THAT interesting. Seems like Star was in enemy territory when she went missing. Do we know if Gino and the bartender are still married? Sometimes divorces cause people to talk.

MadeaBecBec
02-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Does anyone know if Star's DNA is entered in CODIS? If so, has it been checked lately? A Jane Doe that was found in 2004 at a rest area in Shawnee, has DNA (just entered) at FBI MPD, it's probably a long shot, but it wouldn't hurt to check! You may read the report here : https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=72

Jeremiah 29:11-14

dsntslp
02-06-2009, 10:51 AM

William Gene Spradlin and Robert Horn were both charged and the charges were later dropped. Presumably the charges were dropped because witnesses in the bar that night were not forthcoming.

BOOMER*CHICK
02-06-2009, 10:56 AM
hi to all - thank all for such a warm welcome here at ws- i will try to find as much info on my aunt star as i can , then i will post it here. I think that alot of you are right on - the name of the bar changed to nobodys business less than six months after star was reported missing. it has since changed names again it is called jamie's place now. I am pretty sure that all the same crowd hangs out there now. as far as the bardender still being married to geno- i know that they were still married in jan of 2007 but dont know if that has changed. genos full name is william geno spradlin- i know his wifes name but probably shouldnt mention it. it is public info though- I would check marriage records in wyandotte county kansas .as far as stars dna I think it is on codis but i will check for sure today-- thank you all for your support :)

SuziQ
02-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Welcome to WS Boomer*Chick!

There was something about seeing the pic of the bar sign that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. What a bold and arrogant move that was given the circumstances of Star's dissapearance.

SuziQ
02-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Below is a link to pics of Star and the bar. You can get a good look at the sign here.

http://www.slide.com/r/4R94IJl85z9uud5jKrUTPd1UpwIzEs1P?previous_view=lt_ embedded_url

dsntslp
02-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Boomer*Chick,
Wasn't it the bartenders car that was found burned 5 blocks away? The same bartender that later married Gino? Her name is CMW? Now CMWS?

BOOMER*CHICK
02-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Welcome to WS Boomer*Chick!

There was something about seeing the pic of the bar sign that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. What a bold and arrogant move that was given the circumstances of Star's dissapearance.

I agree with you that the sign was an arrogant move that was probably made to hurt our(stars) family and to put the message out there to witnesses to keep their mouths shut. I lived in the area for about seven years after star went missing, and it was horrible to see that sign. My family has kept a memorial on the telephone pole at the bar ,as seen in the link to pics of star and the bar. I just wish the 13 witnesses that were there on feb 23rd 1999 would testify- people think that telling LE what they know is snitching-it is only snitching until it happens to your family- yes dsntslp you are right about the car and cmws!!!!

SuziQ
02-06-2009, 12:31 PM
I agree with you that the sign was an arrogant move that was probably made to hurt our(stars) family and to put the message out there to witnesses to keep their mouths shut. I lived in the area for about seven years after star went missing, and it was horrible to see that sign. My family has kept a memorial on the telephone pole at the bar ,as seen in the link to pics of star and the bar. I just wish the 13 witnesses that were there on feb 23rd 1999 would testify- people think that telling LE what they know is snitching-it is only snitching until it happens to your family- yes dsntslp you are right about the car and cmws!!!!

I can't imagine how horrible it's been for Star's family and friends. I hope y'all put a sign on the memorial that said...."We'll never shut up!"

I'll never understand why people feel loyalty and keep alliances in cases like this. I've seen so many cases where someone has gotten a call for help moving or hiding a body and they did it like they were being asked to help someone move a couch. The great thing about years going by is friendships and alliances are broken, divorces happen and guilt gets to people. Cold cases are usually solved because of this. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Did your family ever get the sense that there was maybe one person in that crowd that wanted to speak but never did? Maybe they'll talk now?

Suzan
02-06-2009, 07:39 PM
http://mothersarevanishing.blogspot.com/

Check it out :)

JaneInOz
02-06-2009, 08:43 PM
http://mothersarevanishing.blogspot.com/

Check it out :)

I just did
Great piece, it made me cry - its so WRONG that these THIRTEEN Witnesses which I BET some are women who probably now have children of their own, have kept their mouths closed
But then I suppose it is because they have children and the threat from perpetrators against them

But SOMEONE needs to be brave. Someone needs to stand up and say I WAS THERE I saw what happened.

Someone needs to put these scum buckets away for ever

And someone needs to put that POS Shon away for murdering his wife and being involved in the events that lead to Stars Death

No it has not been proven that either women are dead but I just know they are

And Shon Petrice is right in the thick of both of these women vanishing

I bet he's sweating right now that these lowlifes are going to come for him...

To Stars family I am so sorry for your loss, its so wrong what happened to star :(

Its so wrong what happened to her son, his mother being taken away from him

Star was doing the right thing that night by helping another woman, someone needs to step up to the plate now and HELP STAR

TELL THE TRUTH

Sources say that Star did not drink that much, but went to the aide of another woman who was being physically hit by a man. Star was the only one to step up only later to be hit her off her barstool, knocked unconsious and dragged out of the bar. It's at this point, witness have said, Shon Pernice injected her with something and Star was never seen again.

Glitterflits
02-06-2009, 10:16 PM
In Star's case there seems to be enough evidence to believe that she is no longer alive since they did charge two men with her murder. However, LE dropped those charges when none of the witnesses would testify. They said it was to avoid double jeopardy, I guess in case they ever do get other evidence or any witness does finally come forward they can charge them again. If they had brought the case to trial and lost due to no witnesses, then they would not be able to charge them again if new information came in or if one of the witnesses finally got a conscience and came forward.

JaneInOz
02-07-2009, 06:53 AM
In Star's case there seems to be enough evidence to believe that she is no longer alive since they did charge two men with her murder. However, LE dropped those charges when none of the witnesses would testify. They said it was to avoid double jeopardy, I guess in case they ever do get other evidence or any witness does finally come forward they can charge them again. If they had brought the case to trial and lost due to no witnesses, then they would not be able to charge them again if new information came in or if one of the witnesses finally got a conscience and came forward.

WEll then - someone needs to come forward and

TELL THE TRUTH

I cant believe that not one of those thirteen witnesses wont turn these low lifes in

Surely someone is able to step forward and speak out

Just think *you* could be helping in not just ONE disappearance/murder but TWO

Two women who have been stolen from their child/childrens lives, how do people tally that up in their brain as being ok ?

dsntslp
02-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the link to that blog Suzan. Very informative piece.

SeriouslySearching
02-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I agree with you that the sign was an arrogant move that was probably made to hurt our(stars) family and to put the message out there to witnesses to keep their mouths shut. I lived in the area for about seven years after star went missing, and it was horrible to see that sign. My family has kept a memorial on the telephone pole at the bar ,as seen in the link to pics of star and the bar. I just wish the 13 witnesses that were there on feb 23rd 1999 would testify- people think that telling LE what they know is snitching-it is only snitching until it happens to your family- yes dsntslp you are right about the car and cmws!!!!I am so sorry! I can't imagine the agony it must have caused the family and her friends to see that sign. (I didn't really think about that earlier and I apologize.) Boy, I was wrong about the sign. It certainly was a bold and horrible thing for them to do. Disgusting!!!

It does make a person wonder wth is wrong with people. How do they live with themselves?!

SeriouslySearching
02-07-2009, 06:48 PM
In Star's case there seems to be enough evidence to believe that she is no longer alive since they did charge two men with her murder. However, LE dropped those charges when none of the witnesses would testify. They said it was to avoid double jeopardy, I guess in case they ever do get other evidence or any witness does finally come forward they can charge them again. If they had brought the case to trial and lost due to no witnesses, then they would not be able to charge them again if new information came in or if one of the witnesses finally got a conscience and came forward.If they can uncover the truth now...then they did the right thing in dropping those charges at the time. The one thing they have to go on is the past investigation. They probably have evidence in the case which can now be retested with the advancements in forensics.

Btw~ A woman doesn't have to testify against her husband. Interesting since she was a witness and probably knows everything.

Glitterflits
02-08-2009, 12:48 AM
How convenient that the wife doesn't have to testify against her husband...I had forgotten about that.

dsntslp
02-09-2009, 04:06 AM
A plan?

Glitterflits
02-09-2009, 04:34 PM
That was my question, too!

Suzan
02-10-2009, 10:13 AM
http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=394&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&doc_num=397025&offender_book_id=212091&imageindex=2

Glitterflits
02-10-2009, 06:25 PM
http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=394&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&doc_num=397025&offender_book_id=212091&imageindex=2

Is the William Spradlin in the above record the "Gino" Spradlin initially charged with Star's murder?

BOOMER*CHICK
02-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Is the William Spradlin in the above record the "Gino" Spradlin initially charged with Star's murder?

yes that is him

Glitterflits
02-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Here is a link to more detailed information regarding the night Star disappeared:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boomer_star.html

And another link to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation and her case:
http://www.accesskansas.org/kbi/mostwanted/mw_sboomer1.shtml

sohcnum
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
second link isnt working for me.. anyone else have same problem or is it something on my end?

Glitterflits
02-11-2009, 05:27 PM
second link isnt working for me.. anyone else have same problem or is it something on my end?

I fixed the link in my earlier post. I had miss typed it. Here it is also:
http://www.accesskansas.org/kbi/mostwanted/mw_sboomer1.shtml

sohcnum
02-11-2009, 10:59 PM
must be my computer then.. that link dont work for me :(

Glitterflits
02-12-2009, 04:11 PM
must be my computer then.. that link dont work for me :(

It didn't work for me again, so I repaired it. Hopefully, it will work for you now. If not, try the link in the post above it. It worked for me. If not, try this link. It has a link to Star's page. Hope this helps.

http://www.accesskansas.org/kbi/mostwanted/governors_reward.shtml

sohcnum
02-13-2009, 11:29 AM
It didn't work for me again, so I repaired it. Hopefully, it will work for you now. If not, try the link in the post above it. It worked for me. If not, try this link. It has a link to Star's page. Hope this helps.

http://www.accesskansas.org/kbi/mostwanted/governors_reward.shtml
ty it worked :-)

SuziQ
02-14-2009, 06:49 AM
Bumping up for Star.

dsntslp
02-17-2009, 10:02 PM
It is way too quiet in here...

JaneInOz
02-18-2009, 07:15 AM
On the evening of February 23, 1999, Ms. Star Boomer was patron of Uncle Mike's Bar at 49th and Metropolitan in Kansas City, Kansas. Witnesses say she was involved in a violent altercation with a man believed to be lifelong criminal with a history of violent behavior, particularly toward women. At one point during the evening, Ms. Boomer allegedly was knocked to the ground, causing her to lose consciousness, Ms. Boomer has not been seen or heard from since that date.

I mean it amazes me that they didnt just arrest the guy that knocked her to the ground and causes her to be unconscious, even if they couldnt charge him for anything else at that stage

Or is this what ALL the witnesses denied seeing ?

Glitterflits
02-18-2009, 09:16 PM
All the witnesses refused to testify about anything. Although I have not heard about any charges against the men accept murder, I figure they would refuse to testify about any charges. Very suspicious if you ask me...

dsntslp
02-20-2009, 12:02 AM
I think that is why the charges were dropped, so when they could prove things later there would not be the problem of double jeopardy. Better to let them think they got away with it and hang them later than to try them without enough evidence and not be able to bring charges again later with more proof or eyewitness testimony.

dsntslp
06-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Article about Star Boomer but we can't read the whole thing unless we sign up and PAY $20. for a one year membership. I wrote a letter to them two days ago requesting just the one article and as yet have not received a response.

http://www.gardnernews.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=&wpage=&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1953&hn=gardnernews&he=.com

SH WOMAN SEARCHES FOR MISSING SISTER

Danedri Thompson

newera@kc.rr.com

Finding the lost has been something of an obsession for Cynthia Hurtie, Spring Hill. She’ll settle for finding just one missing person, but ideally, Hurtie, a recent graduate with a degree in forensic science, would like to find her sister, Star Boomer.

"If you have a person go missing in your life, it’s unrepairable," she said. "It does major damage to the family members."

The last people to see Boomer alive told police that Boomer got into an altercation on Feb. 23, 1999 at Uncle Mike’s Bar in Kansas City, Kan. She was allegedly knocked to the ground and where she lost consciousness.
Read More

dsntslp
06-30-2009, 10:58 AM
As promised, here is the complete article.
===========

The Gardner News & The Spring Hill New Era

http://www.gardnernews.com/default.a...ernews&he=.com

Danedri Thompson
[email address]

SH WOMAN SEARCHES FOR MISSING SISTER

Finding the lost has been something of an obsession for Cynthia Hurtie, Spring Hill. She’ll settle for finding just one missing person, but ideally, Hurtie, a recent graduate with a degree in forensic science, would like to find her sister, Star Boomer.
"If you have a person go missing in your life, it’s unrepairable," she said. "It does major damage to the family members."
The last people to see Boomer alive told police that Boomer got into an altercation on Feb. 23, 1999 at Uncle Mike’s Bar in Kansas City, Kan. She was allegedly knocked to the ground and where she lost consciousness.
According to old news accounts, Boomer went to the local watering hole with friend and roommate, Carolyn Marshall. Marshall stayed for one drink and planned to return to pick up Boomer later in the evening. Marshall was told that Boomer had left with two men, when she returned to pick Boomer up. Investigators believe she was killed at the bar and her body was dumped.
It cut short future plans for mother of one. Boomer, along with her young son, were planning to move to Spring Hill to live with her parents when she disappeared.
Hurtie said someone knows what happened to her sister 10 years ago, and it’s time they came forward.
There were 13 witnesses in the bar, according to investigators, and the Kansas Bureau of Investigation is upping the ante in the case with a $5,000 reward for information.
"We need these witnesses to open up and say something," Hurtie said. "There were 13 witnesses in the bar, and nobody is saying anything."
One of those witnesses from the bar that night, Shon Pernice, was a regular on the news early this year, and Hurtie hopes that might trigger memories of others who may have seen something.
Pernice, who is being investigated for the January disappearance of his wife, Renee, was a patron at Uncle Mike’s Bar on the night of Boomer’s disappearance. He was not named as a person of interest or a suspect in the 10-year-old case.
In 1999, two men were arrested and charged with second degree murder, however, the men were released and charges were dismissed for lack of evidence.
Hurtie said police need to recover Boomer’s body for prosecution to move forward, but that’s a tall order after more than 10 years.
To that end, Hurtie is working with a private investigator who trains cadaver dogs. One dog, Jordan, was trained specifically to search for Boomer’s body. Hurtie, along with her private investigator, flew to Florida with Jordan to search for Caylee Anthony last summer.
Anthony, a 2-year-old, went missing last June. Her body was eventually recovered and her mother was charged with murder.
Hurtie said it’s now her life’s work to help find missing people. Hurtie was living in Lawrence and working in the nursing industry when Boomer was murdered, but she’s since moved to Spring Hill to be near her parents and pursue finding the lost.
"It’s really affected our family," she said. "And we need these witnesses to open up and say something."
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation and the Kansas City, Kan. Police Department are still pursuing the case. Those with information about the disappearance of Star Boomer are asked to contact the KBI at (800)-KS-CRIME.

=============
Special thanks to Danedri Thompson for providing the complete article at no charge and giving us permission to post the article in full. Thank you Ms. Thompson and The Gardner News and Spring Hill New Era.

slewis41
11-19-2009, 05:10 PM
1999 address for Shon Pernice: 1830 S 49TH STREET KANSAS CITY, KS 66106
(source - casenet case #: 7CV199002226)
1999 address for Star Gail Boomer: 1730 S 49th Street Kansas City, ks
(source - http://www.nampn.org/cases/boomer_star.html)

These two lived within a block of each other. Could have been some bad blood before the bar. I've lived in that area back in the 70's and it wasn't that good of an area back then.

dsntslp
12-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Wow! I didn't realize they lived THAT close. Ty

dsntslp
12-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Boomerchick,

Do you have the address to where the bartenders car was found burned out? I would like to add it to a map. Thanks.

Hugs,
Dsn

dsntslp
05-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Bones Found In Barrel.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/07/1932315/bones-found-in-barrel.html#ixzz0nL9zVdhJ

The barrel and remains were found less than a mile from where persons of interest in Star Boomers case lived when she went missing.

It is rumored that the remains are at least ten years old but at this point I have no online citation to quote so please consider it a rumor.

Also, this is in a very depressed area and could be almost anybody.

Please pray for Star Boomers family, as well as the Pernice and Kopetsky families during this difficult time.

There are soooo many missing from that area...so many families waiting for news every time a body is located, it's so sad..

Heart wrenching.

Pray for them all.

dsntslp
05-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Remains Found in Barrel are From Woman

http://www.kctv5.com/video/23511450/index.html

They are still not sure it is Star Boomer but the remains are from a female.

Please pray for Cindy Hurtie and her family and friends.

If it IS Star it will be hard and if it is NOT Star it will still be hard.

Dsn

dsntslp
05-11-2010, 06:29 PM
I have it on good authority (the family's PI) that the remains found in the barrel are not Star Boomer. I just got home and have not had time to look for an online source to back this up but will asap.

http://www.kctv5.com/video/23518895/index.html

dsntslp
05-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Police Release Photo In Case Of Body Found In Barrel
Necklace, Rings Found Along With Woman's Remains

http://www.kctv5.com/news/23519061/detail.html

Maybe a savvy net person here at Websleuths can capture and post the jewelry pic in a new thread for UID matches?

Soulmagent
05-20-2010, 02:26 AM
I Hope Shon Pernice starts talking anyway he think he can now that he is facing forever in prison. I pray this leads to the Star Boomer being located.

Tricia
09-20-2010, 03:51 AM
Bump for Intimate Partner Homicide Investigation Radio

dsntslp
11-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Bump.

Hugs, prayers, keep the faith.
How hard it must be I can't even begin to imagine.

I love you Cindy. I am blessed to know you and your courage. Never give up.
I click every UID link I see to compare.

When I am ready to give up on my goals I always find myself here.
Never give up.

(((Cindy and family)))

Special shout out to Star's son - WOW! I saw your pic's on Cindy's FB, handsome young man there! Make your mom proud! Hugs

dsntslp
01-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Renee Pernice: The Details Lead to Murder

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot....to-murder.html

(Star Boomer mentioned.)

dsntslp
02-21-2011, 07:28 PM
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanmurphymilano/2010/09/21/intimate-partner-homicide-investigation

Host Name: Susan Murphy Milano
Show Name:
Intimate Partner Homicide Investigation: The Murders of Renee Pernice and Star Boomer
Date / Length: 9/20/2010 9:00 PM - 1 hr 1 min
Length: 1 hr 1 min

Description:
h:49726 s:1231005
Where is missing Kansas City mother Renee Pernice? And Star Boomer back in 1999? What is the connection between Shon Pernice and these two cases? Special guest: David Lohr, criminal jounalist. Profiling unsolved murders, susicious deaths and missing persons, those in the middle of a relationship break-up or divorce who suddenly vanished without a trace.

(More at Link)

dsntslp
02-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Cindy did great!
Praying the show generates some new leads or witnesses from the bar that night come forward!

dsntslp
02-21-2011, 07:46 PM
They discuss the name of the bar and the witnesses recanting etc.

A lot of good information in this radio show.

dsntslp
02-21-2011, 08:28 PM
OHHH, my apologies.
I thought that was a new show.
It was done back in September.

Well... it's still a good listen and packed full of info. :)

goose13
04-18-2011, 09:24 PM
I was looking at Shon Pernice custody case (Case.Net Missouri) with his first child. I noticed that his address at the time (1999) is in KCK, right down the street of Star Boomer, who went missing in 1999. Just a coincidence???

dsntslp
04-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Goose, in reading through the threads it has been alleged that Shon is the one who gave Star some sort of injection right before she was carried out of the bar.

AFAIK, Geno, Butchie and Star all lived in the same neighborhood and hung out at the same bar, the place Star was last seen.

Thanks, for the info, good skills, keep it coming! :)

Soulmagent
04-18-2011, 10:00 PM
I hope he confesses what happened to Star and his wife. He has no reason to protect other people now. Does he? Or they him.

Soulmagent
04-19-2011, 12:11 PM
They discuss the name of the bar and the witnesses recanting etc.

A lot of good information in this radio show.

I havent listened to the show yet but FWIR wasnt there a trial or charges bought and dismissed in Stars case or relating to the people involved? I can not remeber the details but I was wondering if those public records are arround somewhere?

dsntslp
06-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Soulmagent,

My apologies, not sure how I missed this for so long but yes, charges were levied and then dropped because all of the witnesses that night at the bar recanted or backed out.

I have some articles that may or may not be available online anymore. I plan to scan them tomorrow and post them here. :)

HTH

ETA: Mods, if I have to I will write to the original authors/reporters/newspapers and get permission to copy/post them in full.
They are Star's sister's copies from over the years.
Input appreciated. :)

JBean
06-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Soulmagent,

My apologies, not sure how I missed this for so long but yes, charges were levied and then dropped because all of the witnesses that night at the bar recanted or backed out.

I have some articles that may or may not be available online anymore. I plan to scan them tomorrow and post them here. :)

HTH

ETA: Mods, if I have to I will write to the original authors/reporters/newspapers and get permission to copy/post them in full.
They are Star's sister's copies from over the years.
Input appreciated. :)
Yes, please get permission prior to posting. Thank you!!

DippyBlonder
11-17-2012, 06:22 AM
I apologise in advance for not knowing anything about this case. I've had a quick read through the thread and can't see this mentioned:

I'm working on something else and have come across the skeletal remains a young lady found 3 miles away, six months later from where Star was last seen.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2436

Perhaps someone who is up on this case would take a look?

I see there is family in this thread - this young lady had "repair of fractured jaw with placement of surgical wire" - if family know Star did/didn't have this injury it would be a quick rule out.

Thanks and good luck, I hope you find her one day.

vermontaigne
01-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Just for closure in this thread, Shon Pernice guilty of killing his wife, February 2012: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/21/3443141/shon-pernice-pleads-guilty-in.html