Quincy
01-04-2004, 03:49 PM
This is Abby:

http://www.lrcf.net/LRCTeam.org/AbbyBlagg/AbbyBlagg.html

Another link:

http://www.rinokids.com/Children/Blagg/

Casshew
01-04-2004, 03:52 PM
Quincy.. wow thanks for posting this. I remember this story and I felt so sorry for the husband/dad.

I just read through and now see that HE was charged with the murder!!!!

The Mom has been found in a landfill.. but so sign of Abby. :(

WasBlind
01-30-2004, 05:23 PM
For Abby Jo

Quincy
01-31-2004, 01:53 PM
Thank you for posting that Was Blind. Abby has been on my mind a lot lately.

WasBlind
01-31-2004, 01:58 PM
Thank you, Quincy, for caring for the missing, and those left behind to search for them.

I saw the thread could soon be deleted, and started bumping. We lost all of the Molly Bish thread recently, and that made me sad. I hope when I am away on my trip to Texas someone can keep these threads bumped, so we do not lose them.

Even the ones who have been found, need to be remembered.

Blessings and hugs, Lanie

Quincy
01-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Quincy.. wow thanks for posting this. I remember this story and I felt so sorry for the husband/dad.

I just read through and now see that HE was charged with the murder!!!!

The Mom has been found in a landfill.. but so sign of Abby. :(

I've been following this case from the start. It's very intriquing, IMO. Almost like the "perfect murder". I believe that the right person is standing trial for Jennifer's murder. "If only" Abby's body could be found, then he would also be charged for her murder. "If" he is responsible, wouldn't you think he would want Abby to have peace? Instead of being "wherever" all alone. How selfish can one man be? It just angers me so much.

This interview was done with Blagg in February of 2002. Considering a few days after, he attempted suicide. Jennifer's body was found in the landfill the following June. It's a chilling interview.

Hope the link works:
http://9news.com/storyfull-9wtk.asp?id=340

Maybe So
02-02-2004, 12:45 PM
I've been following this case from the start. It's very intriquing, IMO. Almost like the "perfect murder". I believe that the right person is standing trial for Jennifer's murder. "If only" Abby's body could be found, then he would also be charged for her murder. "If" he is responsible, wouldn't you think he would want Abby to have peace? Instead of being "wherever" all alone. How selfish can one man be? It just angers me so much.

This interview was done with Blagg in February of 2002. Considering a few days after, he attempted suicide. Jennifer's body was found in the landfill the following June. It's a chilling interview.

Hope the link works:
http://9news.com/storyfull-9wtk.asp?id=340

I think this guy murdered his daughter in such an awful way that he will never admit that he did it.

People like this guy cannot face telling the truth and having their friends and families find out what they are really like....even after they are caught they like to pretend innocence and show no remorse.

This guy had a lot of people fooled that he was a great guy and he couldn't bear facing the truth and losing that admiration.....gee that sounds familiar....Peterson, Westerfield......

Quincy
02-03-2004, 01:14 PM
I think this guy murdered his daughter in such an awful way that he will never admit that he did it.

People like this guy cannot face telling the truth and having their friends and families find out what they are really like....even after they are caught they like to pretend innocence and show no remorse.

This guy had a lot of people fooled that he was a great guy and he couldn't bear facing the truth and losing that admiration.....gee that sounds familiar....Peterson, Westerfield......

I think he's got a sociopathic personality. Or at the very least is extremely narcisisitic (sp). He hid behind Christianity. Praying for them! Give me a break. He knew all along where they were. Why can't he let his little girl have peace? Selfish man!

And it does sound familiar to a few recent cases, doesn't it?

Trino
02-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Blagg is charged/guilty of killing his wife anyway. What's one more murder charge to clear his conscience?

It's interesting watching the video of him. If you saw him on the street, he might impress you with his looks, dress, etc. It would be hard to believe he, like SP, could kill his child.

febedallas
02-05-2004, 01:37 AM

i remember this case pretty well. was a motive ever established for why he killed his wife?

deb_thang
02-08-2004, 05:27 PM
My recollection of the case is that she was speaking to a divorce lawyer. I guess he had a hard time handling rejection.

You know how it is: if all else fails, kill those who won't cooperate with you. Anybody would do the same, right?

Quincy
02-10-2004, 12:42 AM
My recollection of the case is that she was speaking to a divorce lawyer. I guess he had a hard time handling rejection.

You know how it is: if all else fails, kill those who won't cooperate with you. Anybody would do the same, right?

Jennifer was likely planning on leaving him. She wasn't talking to a divorce lawyer as I recall, but there was trouble in paradise. Michael Blagg's little perfect world was not so perfect. He couldn't have her actually leave him so he made sure he would have the last word. Still bugs me so much that Abby has not been found.

Ghostwheel
02-10-2004, 04:28 PM
I always assumed she was also in the landfill, perhaps dumped in a different box. Are you thinking she might be somewhere else?

WasBlind
03-11-2004, 04:34 AM
For Abby Jo

Praying for this little girl and for justice, Lanie

Quincy
03-11-2004, 11:55 AM
For Abby Jo

Praying for this little girl and for justice, Lanie

Thank you Lanie. Sweet Abby Jo, where are you??

Texana
03-17-2004, 10:13 PM
It sickens me to think of a child (or anyone, but especially a child) dumped in a landfill like yesterday's fast food wrapper, or an empty milk carton, just unwanted debris.

Abby, you deserved better, and the one who should have protected you the most, did you the most grievous wrong, I believe.

Not forgotten, Abby, we couldn't keep you from harm, but we can keep your memory alive here on earth.

Quincy
03-21-2004, 10:02 PM
Today would have been Abby's 9th birthday. Happy Birthday sweet angel wherever you are.

Quincy
04-16-2004, 11:39 PM
Today April 16, 2004 Abby Jo Blagg's father, Michael Francis Blagg was found GUILTY of the 1st degree MURDER of Jennifer Jo Loman Blagg.

There IS justice!!!

Abby, you will never be forgotten! I pray that someday, somehow you will be located wherever you may be.

MysteryMomma
04-16-2004, 11:51 PM
I hope she is found. Thanks for keeping her on our minds.

WasBlind
10-02-2004, 08:46 AM
For Abby Jo

Forever in our hearts.

With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

phylliyum
02-20-2007, 12:11 PM
for abby.

I still feel in my heart that Abby is alive. Maybe it's because I can't think of a father murdering his own child with no motive. Abby could very well have been asleep when the murder of her mother occured and the next day, dad could have taken her somewhere - a "friend" he met over the internet maybe??? And told her that the "friend" was her new mommy/daddy??? It is possible. Whenever I think about this little one being dead...i just can't fathom it. Correct me if i'm wrong, but there wasn't any of Abby's blood found in the house?? And i also seem to remember that there were no signs of Abby struggling. Which to me suggests that her dad led her out of the house and away from the area. I do remember a few of the jurors saying that although they convicted him of Jennifer's murder, they weren't sure they would have convicted him of Abby's murder if he had been up for it.
Abby, I pray you are found soon.

meggilyweggily
02-20-2007, 08:52 PM
I still feel in my heart that Abby is alive. Maybe it's because I can't think of a father murdering his own child with no motive. Unfortunately, I read about just that happening every day. Besides, if Abby witnessed her mother's murder, Dad had a motive to do her in too.

AMF
02-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Being from Colorado, I followed this story through the searchs and trial. I suggest the following scenerio: The father killed the mother in a fit of rage, but unfortunately little Abby saw the whole thing. Self preservation led him to kill his daughter. The hatred he felt for his wife was evident in dumping her body in a dumpster and having it end up in a landfill. But the sorrow and shame he felt for killing his daughter led him to carefully bury her somewhere he felt was special and safe. I'd bet that if they find her, she will have been carefully buried. Self preservation can be cruel to the ultimate. His is classic in my mind.

bykerladi
03-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Her disappearance is still a mystery...

http://cbs4denver.com/local/local_story_320105342.html

Salem
04-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Quoting from the article in the link posted above:

"Investigators tracked bank accounts of Blagg and family members for months after Abby's disappearance and saw no indication of any financial support being provided to someone who could be keeping her alive."

Isn't it possible he paid someone to take care of Abby before he killed her mother. Maybe there is a record of a large amount of money being transferred to another account 8, 6, or 2 months before the murder...... Do you think LE looked at that?

Salem

Quincy
04-28-2007, 05:52 PM
I so wish that Abby is still alive somewhere, but I've never felt she was. I do believe she was killed. Nothing was disturbed in her room. The covers were turned back and she was simply gone.

It's been so long now that there would be little left of her remains wherever he may have put her. I've always hoped against hope that Michael Blagg would grow a conscience and tell someone where she is.

chicoliving
03-17-2009, 09:37 PM
A Grand Junction man sentenced to life in prison for killing his wife says the refusal of a juror to disclose a disability damaged her credibility and prevented him from getting a fair trial.

~snip~

Blagg's lawyers say one of the jurors at his trial was legally blind but failed to tell attorneys, and that she was either unable to see several exhibits admitted into evidence or couldn't see them clearly.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys are due in court May 22.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509602,00.html

Brwnigirl
05-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Quoting from the article in the link posted above:

"Investigators tracked bank accounts of Blagg and family members for months after Abby's disappearance and saw no indication of any financial support being provided to someone who could be keeping her alive."

Isn't it possible he paid someone to take care of Abby before he killed her mother. Maybe there is a record of a large amount of money being transferred to another account 8, 6, or 2 months before the murder...... Do you think LE looked at that?

Salem

Just watched this case on 48 hours. I wonder if he received any funds into his account, instead of paying someone to look after Abby, I was wondering if he was paid and sold her?

DairyGirl
06-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Just watched this case on 48 hours. I wonder if he received any funds into his account, instead of paying someone to look after Abby, I was wondering if he was paid and sold her?

I just saw this last night on a 48 hours repeat and I can't believe they convicted the man. If I had been on the jury I would have had so much reasonable doubt that I couldn't have voted guilty. I just don't see a motive. There was no other woman, no life insurance policies that I heard about, and he didn't act guilty. In one of his first interviews with the police he talked about how much he loves his wife and how happy they are. He didn't use past tense which I would have thought he would have subconsciencely if he had anything to do with their disappearance/death. Also, there was no attempt to clean up the blood, which I would think one would do if they just killed their wife in their home. It seems like the people in the town just assumed he was guilty and he didn't have a chance. Normally, I am the first one to look at the husband in a woman's death but I just do get it in this case.

phylliyum
09-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I just saw this last night on a 48 hours repeat and I can't believe they convicted the man. If I had been on the jury I would have had so much reasonable doubt that I couldn't have voted guilty. I just don't see a motive. There was no other woman, no life insurance policies that I heard about, and he didn't act guilty. In one of his first interviews with the police he talked about how much he loves his wife and how happy they are. He didn't use past tense which I would have thought he would have subconsciencely if he had anything to do with their disappearance/death. Also, there was no attempt to clean up the blood, which I would think one would do if they just killed their wife in their home. It seems like the people in the town just assumed he was guilty and he didn't have a chance. Normally, I am the first one to look at the husband in a woman's death but I just do get it in this case.

The motive they came up with was that she was planning on leaving him. But still, I do see your point of it being mostly circumstantial evidence. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did they find any fingerprints on Jennifer?
And still, I really feel that Abby is alive. When I first heard about this, I knew that Jennifer was dead, but still believed Abby was out there somewhere.
Maybe Jennifer feared something was going to happen, and hid Abby with friends and told them to hold onto her until she came for her.
Or Maybe Michael knew what he was planning to do, hid Abby away somewhere, or gave her away. Told her that Mommy and Daddy didn't want her anymore, or something like that.
I really feel like this little girl is alive and that she holds the key to what really happened.

MrsPoirot
09-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Poor dear Abby...you deserve the dignity of a proper resting spot. Shame on Father for not doing right by you at least now. We all know whatever he has done is such a wicked thing, I hope he gets no peace until he tells the truth and lets you rest with dignity beside your Mummy who would have protected you if she could. I am so sorry sweetie that you had such a evil Daddy. He was a sick man.

DaisyBill
09-20-2009, 06:17 AM

I was living in Grand Junction when this case happened. Abby went to the pre-school that my sister-in-law was the director of. I have watched the 48 Hours program twice. There are a lot of things left out of that report. I have no doubt that Michael Blagg is guilty and that Abby is gone, too. My husband is a former investigator (15 years) and when these kind of cases happen we always read between the lines, so to speak.

Jennifer was killed during the night. She was found in her pajama's and still had the retainer in her mouth that she wore at night. She was found in the landfill, surrounded by trash from Michael's place of work. Now what killer would go to the trouble of finding out where the husband worked and put Jennifer's body in the dumpster there? The family van was used to transport her body. It was found back in the garage, keys inside the house. Again, the killer transports the body and then brings the van back to the garage?

A co-worker saw Michael struggling with large boxes being taken to the dumpster and asked if they could help. The answer was a not so nice no. This was earlier in the day before he reported Jennifer and Abby missing.

Nothing was taken/stolen from the house, although Michael did report jewelry stolen. However, it was found hidden several months later in the house.

He stole equipment and furniture from his work place and then gave an interview on camera with those very items front and center. Not to smart, in my opinion.

I know there are more things not mentioned but it is late and I don't want to get it wrong.

mysterygirl
09-21-2009, 10:05 AM
I have no doubt that Abby is dead and her father killed her. It is so cruel to not disclose where her body is for the sake of closure. Sick. The whole case is heartbreaking.

Brwnigirl
01-24-2010, 12:10 AM
I was living in Grand Junction when this case happened. Abby went to the pre-school that my sister-in-law was the director of. I have watched the 48 Hours program twice. There are a lot of things left out of that report. I have no doubt that Michael Blagg is guilty and that Abby is gone, too. My husband is a former investigator (15 years) and when these kind of cases happen we always read between the lines, so to speak.

Jennifer was killed during the night. She was found in her pajama's and still had the retainer in her mouth that she wore at night. She was found in the landfill, surrounded by trash from Michael's place of work. Now what killer would go to the trouble of finding out where the husband worked and put Jennifer's body in the dumpster there? The family van was used to transport her body. It was found back in the garage, keys inside the house. Again, the killer transports the body and then brings the van back to the garage?

A co-worker saw Michael struggling with large boxes being taken to the dumpster and asked if they could help. The answer was a not so nice no. This was earlier in the day before he reported Jennifer and Abby missing.

Nothing was taken/stolen from the house, although Michael did report jewelry stolen. However, it was found hidden several months later in the house.

He stole equipment and furniture from his work place and then gave an interview on camera with those very items front and center. Not to smart, in my opinion.

I know there are more things not mentioned but it is late and I don't want to get it wrong.

Daisy, I didn't know about the garbage from his office. What do you think he did with Abby?

daisy7
01-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Just saw this case on 48 Hours. So sad. Daisy, thanks for the additional info.

Where is Abby?? Is it possible she is in the landfill and they just didn't find her? I hate even writing that:(

Melanie
01-24-2010, 01:36 PM
I watched it again last night - so sad. I knew (IMHO) the husband did it from the get go. Just a hunch I guess, but the blood on the bed (shot), the missing daughter, and blood spatter in the van. But what convinced me, is where her body was dumped - in his trash bin at work! He also showed no real concern or signs of emotion for someone he loved so dearly. In my heart of hearts I believe Abby was dumped alongside her mother - they just didn't find her.

Best,

Mel

DaisyBill
01-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Daisy, I didn't know about the garbage from his office. What do you think he did with Abby?

I agree with mgardner that he put Abby in the landfill, as well, and that they just were not able to find her.

And I have to give credit to the people who were searching in the landfill for not giving up when they very well could have. They searched for about 3 weeks and this was in June. Temps during that time reached well into the upper 90's, and in that heat and smell, oh my!!! There is nothing but desert around the landfill. They were heartsick that they could not find Abby, too.

justbeachy
01-26-2010, 04:31 PM
I have never had a doubt in my mind that he did it and that sweet Abby is in that landfill somewhere. I vaguely remember hearing that the investigators were heartbroken to have to stop searching for her after they found her mother. It would have been very difficult for me to walk away also, knowing in my heart that she was in there somewhere.

Quincy
04-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I agree with mgardner that he put Abby in the landfill, as well, and that they just were not able to find her.

And I have to give credit to the people who were searching in the landfill for not giving up when they very well could have. They searched for about 3 weeks and this was in June. Temps during that time reached well into the upper 90's, and in that heat and smell, oh my!!! There is nothing but desert around the landfill. They were heartsick that they could not find Abby, too.

I just wish that Blagg would finally find the decency in his heart to do the right thing and tell where he put Abby, be it the landfill or wherever. I still think of her and Jennifer from time to time after all these years. Abby's still out there somewhere all alone.

Blondie in Spokane
04-15-2010, 06:57 AM
I have followed this story from the beginning and have never questioned Michael Blagg's guilt. This guy just gave me the creeps. He just seemed slimey and his fakey phone calls home on the day of their disappearance really were over the top to me. Talk about a crummy acting job!

Also, the bit about the porn on the computer being something that he and Jennifer viewed to "spice up their sex life" just seemed like a load of BS. This guy is disgusting and totally makes my skin crawl. Yuck!!

Dejasade
04-15-2010, 09:44 AM
I have followed this story from the beginning and have never questioned Michael Blagg's guilt. This guy just gave me the creeps. He just seemed slimey and his fakey phone calls home on the day of their disappearance really were over the top to me. Talk about a crummy acting job!

Also, the bit about the porn on the computer being something that he and Jennifer viewed to "spice up their sex life" just seemed like a load of BS. This guy is disgusting and totally makes my skin crawl. Yuck!!

Totally agree! This guy IS a true disgusting CREEP, among other words I won't use here...
Poor Abby is in a landfill somewhere...rotting...alone and can't have the proper burial she deserves. This guy is a monster.

believe09
08-02-2010, 06:16 AM
I just watched 48 Hours Mystery on ID about this case and I think it is interesting that Jennifer's brother searches the Mesa for Abby. Given the testimony regarding the boxes and the fact that Jennifer was found in the landfill where investigators expected to find her...surrounded by garbage from Michael's work, I wonder why her brother is not searching there?

What a heartbreaking case....They followed up the story with an update that Michael was beaten very, very badly by other prisoners due to the assumed murder of Abby.

Soulmagent
08-02-2010, 08:00 AM
I dont think he put Abby in the landfill. I think he buried her somewhere he was found of from his past or some where Abby liked to visit. I think Somebody should research his life and find out where he grew up and visited as a child or teen as a way of getting clues to finding Abby. I often wondered if his goal was to clean the house and van but he couldnt complete the task because of Abby. I am not trying to make him sound like less a monster either. I just think he felt like Abby was his and not her mothers so he kept Abby and did not keep Jennifer.

DaisyBill
08-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Soulmagent-----it is possible he put Abby somewhere else but he was seen putting 2 large boxes in the dumpster at his workplace. Jennifer's body was in an advanced state decomposition when found and Abby was just a little girl so she could have been easily missed. They were ready to call the search off when Jennifer's body was found.

The Blagg's were not from GJ and had only lived there a few years. They met in CA and had lived in TX and SC prior to coming to GJ. I'm not sure if they were into hiking or camping but Mesa County is a big outdoor sport area. The Grand Mesa, the Colorado National Monument (lots of hiking trails and canyons), hunting, fishing, biking, the Uncompahgre Plateau, I could go on and on.

A search was conducted by 200 volunteers on horseback for a 11-12 day period in a 45 mile wide area. Alot of places are only accessible by walking or on horseback. (Not sure if you are aware of the surrounding terrain in our area). I believe that search was because of the determination that about 45 miles were unaccounted for on the mini-van based on gas receipts and places Jennifer was known to be before the murder.

I think the extra miles came from him going back and forth to his workplace in order to get rid of the bodies and evidence(don't believe the gun was ever found--could have dumped it in the Colorado or Gunnison River). It is possible he did put Abby somewhere else but based on time/mileage I don't think he had much time to do that.

AMF
06-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Her Killer is in jail, but where was Abby buried.... Let's keep looking

ELEEOZ
06-29-2011, 07:54 PM
I saw on 'Darkside of the Mesa' on 48 hours (I think?) Abbys Blagg's uncle is still searching for her.....
I wish that man would just say something! It is maddening!

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-08-2013, 05:18 PM
‘Lie’ focus of Blagg’s new trial bid

[snip]

In a renewed motion for a new trial filed on behalf of convicted killer Michael Blagg, attorneys argue a juror, Marilyn Charlesworth, lied when she represented during jury selection before Blagg’s 2004 trial that she had never been a victim of domestic violence.

[snip]

Blagg, now 50, is serving life in prison without the possibility of parole for his conviction in the November 2001 murder of his wife, Jennifer, at the family’s Redlands home. Their daughter, Abby, 6, was reported missing and is presumed dead. No charges were filed in connection with her disappearance.

More: http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/lie-focus-of-blaggs-new-trial-bid/

FigTree
05-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Thoughts go out to Missing Child - Abby Blagg.

Source - video at link (http://www.nbc11news.com/localnews/headlines/Michael-Blagg-retrial-229775381.html)
News for Michael Blagg - convicted murdering Jennifer Blagg (wife)
From an article dated Oct 30, 2013

During a conference call, Blagg's defense, the prosecution and the judge's office settled on May 19th to hear motions for a re-trial of his case.

The body of Blagg's wife, Jennifer, was found in the Mesa County Landfill back in 2002.

His daughter, Abby Blagg, was never found.

Having trouble finding any recent news that doesn't ask for me to sign up :facepalm:

SeekingJana
05-10-2014, 08:08 AM
I remember the televised searches on national TV for Jennifer Blagg in the landfill. I never thought they would find HER remains, but they finally did. Those were some strong LEOs who went to a landfill and dug and dug so carefully for the woman and her child.

I do not fault them at all for not finding Abby's body. She was so small.

There is little doubt in my mind that she was in the landfill too, probably crushed into almost nothing by the weight of the trash heaped on top of her little bones.

If Michael Blagg gets a new trial and walks out from this, it will be unthinkable. He is as sick and depraved as they come to treat the bodies of the wife he loved at one time, and the daughter he created, the way he did.

FigTree
05-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Today is the 19th - so he is in court today...

http://www.krextv.com/story/michael-blagg-seeks-new-trial-20140519
Michael Blagg Seeks New Trial

Blagg will be back in court at 11:00 a.m.

Worry Wart
05-19-2014, 10:26 PM
Here are some tweets from our local newspaper reporter attending today's hearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 9h

will Charlesworth take 5th Amendment & not testify? Nobody knows for sure. #blagghearing

News: Charlesworth on stand tomorrow, not today #blagghearing

Assistant DA Tuttle: "actual bias" is standard for new trial. Key phrase to remember. #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 6h

Judge: "you can bicker on your own time" things getting testy with lawyers. #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 5h

Dave Eisner, Blagg's attorney during trial, on witness stand. Things got heated with Asst. DA Tuttle. #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 4h

Explosive claims from ex coworker of Charlesworth. DA reacts with aggressive Cross exam #blagghearing

https://twitter.com/PaulShockleyGJ

Worry Wart
05-19-2014, 10:27 PM
And the evening news report.

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/Michael-Blagg-retrial-hearing-starts-259877481.html

Worry Wart
05-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Newspaper reporter tweets from today.

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 11h

Judge Bottger just told Lohmiller to shut the hell up, in his polite judicial way #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 10h

Charlesworth's dad, ex Eagle cop Ken Wilson, says daughter never told him about abuse by 2 husbands. #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 10h

Blagg lawyer Tina Fang: if she didn't perceive herself as DV victim in '91, why seek a restraining order? #blagghearing

Fang undercuts DA argument: that Charlesworth learned emotional abuse = DV after Brainard case #blagghearing

Judge: Clearly Charlesworth has lied. Issue debated: WHEN did she lie? #blagghearing

Charlesworth just called to the stand. #blagghearing

Judge advising her 5th Amendment, consequences including possible perjury charges. #blagghearing

"I refuse to take the 5th" she says #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 8h

Judge just told Charlesworth to watch her mouth in court, which is "not a back alley," #blagghearing

She had testified about an ex husband's "********" #blagghearing

Do direct exam over on Charlesw. Says she lied when she told cops in July 2013 that she lied to City Council #blagghearing

As she told us, testified didn't realize she was emotionally abused by prior husbands until Brainard last year #blagghearing

Denies being physically abused. But admits an ex hit her in the head with a full beer can. Says it 'didn't hurt' #blagghearing

Says felt like "victim" in her treatment by public defenders. Told a PD investigator in voicemail to "F*** Off" #blagghearing

"You have intruded into my personal life for 10 years," she tells public defender Tina Fang. "I'm not pleased" #blagghearing

As a friend observes, "If you lie about lying, is that the truth?" #blagghearing

Worry Wart
05-20-2014, 10:06 PM
And once again the evening news report.

http://www.kjct8.com/home/headlines/Marilyn-Charlesworth-takes-the-stand-in-Blagg-hearing-260039821.html

Worry Wart
05-20-2014, 10:24 PM
I pray this never gets to a new trial. If it does I pray for the same outcome. Anyway I am just ranting to myself. If it does get retried I will for sure be in the courthouse! ( maybe even on the jury haha)

Worry Wart
05-20-2014, 11:03 PM
I hope this link works from the local newspaper article. It gives a clearer description of the day.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/blagg-back-seeks-new-trial/

FigTree
05-20-2014, 11:14 PM
I hope this link works from the local newspaper article. It gives a clearer description of the day.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/blagg-back-seeks-new-trial/

I cant open the link without joining up - but thankyou for all the tweet reports. Great work.
What a debarcle this is!!

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. Before questioning began on day two, Judge David Bottger warned Marilyn Charlesworth if the statements she makes while on the witness stand contradict what she said under oath years ago about her ex-husbands abusing her she could incriminate herself and face perjury charges. She refused to plead the fifth because she said she has nothing to hide.
-----
The hearing continues Wednesday morning when the final witness will take the stand.
It could be weeks before the judge makes his ruling on the motion.

Worry Wart
05-20-2014, 11:57 PM
I cant open the link without joining up - but thankyou for all the tweet reports. Great work.
What a debarcle this is!!

I wasn't sure it would work. I am a local subscriber to the paper . I was not sure it was ok to quote from it without a link. So thanks for doing that. Dang I can't edit to remove my link now. Anyway, MB needs to stay behind bars forever!:jail:

Worry Wart
05-21-2014, 04:12 PM
May 21

1 witness, Mcso investigator Jim Hebenstreit, and we're done #blagghearing

judge says he'll allow closing arguments in writing; due 2 weeks or so from today. Written ruling follows #blagghearing

My Blagg story from 8-11-13 was just admitted into evidence by the judge #blagghearing

Well, turns out we have 1 more after Jim's brief testimony. Don't know this person. Stand by ... #blagghearing

Dave Thomas, ex husband of Charlesworth's, just called #blagghearing

Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 4h

We're done folks. Look for a ruling mid-June. Confident public defenders today. I'll get a new story up online. #blagghearing

Worry Wart
05-21-2014, 04:16 PM
I hope I snipped 10%

David Thomas, an ex-husband of former Blagg juror Marilyn Charlesworth, testified this morning his ex-wife had confided to him that her previous husband had abused her. Thomas testified the admission happened “right after” Thomas and Charlesworth we were married in 1994. Thomas and Charlesworth divorced in 1996.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/breaking/articles/jurors-ex-husband-testifies-as-blagg-hearing-closes

Worry Wart
05-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Local evening news links.

http://www.kjct8.com/home/headlines/260197891.html

http://www.krextv.com/story/charlesworth-s-ex-husband-testifies-in-michael-blagg-motions-hearing-20140521

Worry Wart
06-11-2014, 12:44 PM
KKCO 11 News‏@KKCO11News·4 mins
BREAKING: Michael Blagg's motion for a re-trial granted by Judge Bottger http://bit.ly/1s5VOzl

Worry Wart
06-11-2014, 04:06 PM
KREX NewsChannel 5‏@NewsChannel5GJ·3 mins
Here is the very latest on the Michael Blagg retrial that was granted: http://fb.me/3sOR0lDAo

mikkismom
06-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Judge decides to give Michael Blagg new trial after juror lied

http://kdvr.com/2014/06/12/judge-decides-to-give-michael-blagg-new-trial-after-juror-lied/

FigTree
06-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Anyway, MB needs to stay behind bars forever!:jail:

I agree.
Thanks for the updates - been offline with 'puter problems - back now ;)

So he's going to get another trial.
This will be interesting.

Source: (http://www.krextv.com/story/michael-blagg-granted-retrial-20140611) Blagg's team recently filed a motion for a retrial, claiming that one of the jurors who ultimately found him guilty, was biased.

bearfossils
07-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Just watched the episode of “My Dirty Little Secret” on ID about this case. I can't believe he is getting a new trial, all because of some juror not being honest in jury selection (that is what I am inferring from the updates on here). How nauseating! This guy is the lowest of scum, and I am sure he will be found guilty again – I know a lot of the case is circumstantial, but it just seems beyond evident to me that all signs point to the husband being behind this horrendous crime. If anything, perhaps a new trial will give them a chance to find new evidence, clues, testimony, etc., that will help finally either find Abby or find out what actually happened to her.

This whole story is so heartbreaking. The husband seems like one of those "family annihilators"; a lot of the details in the case, at least, certainly paint him in the shape of one. Absolute worst of the worst. Anyway, whomever was keeping us updated with news about the motion for a retrial and all that: I hope you keep us informed about what is going on from here on out. Thanks for sharing the tweets and news and so forth!

FigTree
07-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Video news at link:
http://www.kjct8.com/home/headlines/Michael-Blaggs-retrial-grant-adds-possibility-of-posting-bond-263109611.html

Updated: Fri 10:32 PM, Jun 13, 2014
Michael Blagg's retrial grant adds possibility of posting bond
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo.- Once convicted murderer, Michael Blagg, was granted a retrial this week and could be released while he awaits his new trial.

bearfossils
07-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Updated: Fri 10:32 PM, Jun 13, 2014
Michael Blagg's retrial grant adds possibility of posting bond
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo.- Once convicted murderer, Michael Blagg, was granted a retrial this week and could be released while he awaits his new trial.

The idea of this guy being released on bond makes me want to puke. He should never see the outside of a jail cell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FigTree
07-11-2014, 03:18 PM
If anyone else is following the Baden-Clay case on WS which is now in the 'awaiting verdict' stage - after reading a bit more about this (Blegg) case and comparing it to that one - they are so similar, I am amazed. Right down to Jurors who just don't seem to understand their roles and responsibilities.
The BC case is not American - it is Australian - but in essence, the lies, the cover-ups, the sex addiction, the Police reporting, the voice when talking to Police, the tiny amount of blood in the car - so little evidence... but essentially and universally, husbands who kill their loved ones - and try and get away with it.

Im just appalled with both cases right now.

FigTree
07-11-2014, 03:48 PM
The headshake at 1 minute in and the taped phone call to 911....

30th June 2014

A re-trial?
He should stay where he's been for the past years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2q49SWy8bQ

FigTree
07-12-2014, 04:14 AM
Affidavit in support for the Arrest of Michael Blagg (2002)
Mesa County Colorado Court document:
Sargent Wayne Weyler

Original Document in PDF:
http://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/File/Court_Probation/5th_Judicial_District/Cases_of_Interest/People_v_Bryant/7-03/media7-29_7.pdf

Text Document:
http://www.angelfire.com/co/powerpraise/affidavit_for_michael_blagg.html

Worry Wart
08-30-2014, 10:50 PM
Well, he has been moved back to the Mesa County jail. This makes me sick and heartbroken. I read in the local paper a day or so ago that the DA is looking into charges for the juror that caused this. Anyway I do hope there is a re-trial , and a conviction.

KJCT8.com‏@KJCTNews8·39 mins
Michael Blagg was transported back into Mesa County, and he is currently residing in the Mesa County jail as he... http://fb.me/3KU1SmTRj

FigTree
08-30-2014, 11:57 PM
Well, he has been moved back to the Mesa County jail. This makes me sick and heartbroken. I read in the local paper a day or so ago that the DA is looking into charges for the juror that caused this. Anyway I do hope there is a re-trial , and a conviction.

KJCT8.com‏@KJCTNews8·39 mins
Michael Blagg was transported back into Mesa County, and he is currently residing in the Mesa County jail as he... http://fb.me/3KU1SmTRj

Thanks for the link Worry Wart.
Yep, there are many in agreement in that thread that agree MBlagg shouldn't be anywhere else but in jail.
If anything, I'm sure the Justice system can deal with a Jurer who lied on the questionnaire without him being released.
The retrial is going to cost many dollars.

Source 30th August 2014 (http://www.kjct8.com/home/headlines/Michael-Blagg-back-in-Mesa-County-273342981.html)

The inquiry system states that he has open charges, and that he may have a hold or his bond has not been set yet.

Judge David Bottger granted Blagg a re-trial in June after a lengthy motions hearing.

He determined juror Marilyn Charlesworth lied on her juror questionnaire during the original trial back in 2004.

Worry Wart
09-04-2014, 05:30 PM

Judge Bottger has just vacated Michael Blagg's murder conviction. Bond hearing set Oct. 27. #gjco #mesacounty #gjsentinel

Blagg ordered held without bond at MC Jail until Oct. 27 bond hearing. That may change, however. #gjco #mesacounty #gjsentinel

https://twitter.com/PaulShockleyGJ

Worry Wart
09-04-2014, 05:34 PM
No trial date has been set. Blagg waived his right to a speedy trial. Oh blech, he blew kisses to people in the courtroom.

http://www.nbc11news.com/news/headlines/Blaggs-murder-conviction-vacated-remains-in-Mesa-Co-jail-273975101.html

Worry Wart
09-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Paul Shockley‏@PaulShockleyGJ·18 mins
Judge sets Blagg bond at $500K; DA seeks emergency stay. #gjco #mesacounty http://ow.ly/B6Tcm #gjsentinel

KKCO 11 News‏@KKCO11News·12 mins
DA says court didn't consider victims rights in bond decision, asks for emergency stay. #blagg #gjco

Worry Wart
09-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Paul Shockley‏@PaulShockleyGJ·10 mins
Judge denies stay on Blagg bond; DA to appeal to Colorado Supreme Court. #gjco #mesacounty http://ow.ly/B9LTu #gjsentinel

KJCT8.com‏@KJCTNews8·6 mins
UPDATE:

Judge David A. Bottger has denied the District Attorney's request for an emergency stay regarding... http://fb.me/4jlxnn2go

Worry Wart
09-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 43m

Co. Supreme Court last night blocked Blagg's release from jail as judge's order may be reversed. #gjco #mesacounty http://ow.ly/Bc40t

The court directed Blagg’s defense to file an argument about why the stay should not be granted — in effect arguing for the bond set by Bottger on Thursday — by a Sept. 17 deadline. The District Attorney’s office will have 10 days to reply to the defense’s answer after it’s filed.

Worry Wart
09-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 37m

Here's the DA's petition to Supreme Court, granted last night along with stay in Blagg's case. Interesting stuff. http://ow.ly/d/2tZ8

Worry Wart
09-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Paul Shockley@PaulShockleyGJ · 7m

And here's the Supreme Court's 'show cause' order, which came down about 7 p.m. Of note, DA appealed about 11 am. http://ow.ly/d/2tZf

FigTree
09-09-2014, 09:12 PM
The Supreme Court gave Blagg’s defense until Sept. 17 to argue against the stay.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/7/colorado-supreme-court-blocks-blaggs-jail-release/#ixzz3Cs1BCXPW

In seeking the emergency stay last week, Mesa County District Attorney Pete Hautzinger argued that the order letting Blagg post bond violated a portion of the state constitution intended to protect victims and their families. He argued that Jennifer Blagg’s mother was not given a chance to be present last week when Blagg’s bond was set, though she had planned to attend a bond hearing previously set for Oct. 27.
The Supreme Court gave Blagg’s defense until Sept. 17 to argue against the stay.