PDA

View Full Version : Possible Matches for Anna - #1

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dr. Doogie
03-09-2006, 04:23 PM
This thread will be for the discussion of specific candidates for a match to Anna. I will copy forward the relevant material from the previous thread and re-post it her in a condensed form.

Dr. Doogie
03-10-2006, 03:55 PM
I first heard of Sharon Marshall in the mid-1990's when a story on her sad case appeared on Unsolved Mysteries. When I saw the show, my immediate thought was: "Could Sharon be Anna?" Unfortunately, I was not familiar with the details of my friend's missing daughter or Sharon Marshall and was reluctant to contact Anna's family with incomplete information on such a sensitive issue.

Years later, I rediscovered the Sharon Marshall case on the Doe Network website, which lead me to Matt Birkbeck's book and Websleuths. I now had a good grasp of the details of Sharon and started researching the information for Anna.

I first believed that the two could very well have been a match. Much to my surprise, others on WS had raised the same possibilty. However, further review showed me that Anna and Sharon are two separate people.

1) Anna has brown eyes, while Sharon had blue eyes.

2) Anna disappeared January 16, 1973. Franklin Floyd (Sharon's molester) was in prison on that day - he was paroled approximately one week later.

3) While some resemblence does exist between photos of Anna and Sharon, there is not a close resemblence.

Annasmom confered with Gerry Nance at the NCMEC and he directly said "Anna is not Sharon". I finally realised that trying to match up Anna and Sharon was a case of "trying to fit a square peg in to a round hole". Anna and Sharon are two different people.

Dr. Doogie
03-14-2006, 01:37 PM
We discovered an woman by the name of Anna Waters living in Georgia who was the correct age on the Reunion.com website. The picture included in her profile resembled the age progression of our Anna.

After a couple of months of hunting down current contact information, we contact this Anna Waters, only to discover that she was from a long line of Waters who had lived in the town for generations. She definitely knew her parents and was not our Anna.

Dr. Doogie
03-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Shortly after Anna was born, her birthfather (George Waters) and his "mentor" (George Brody) insisted that Anna's name be changed to add "Eifee" as a middle name. This word appears to have been nonsense, but was designed to bring Anna's name "numerologically" in line with Brody's. Annasmom relented on this issue only because she felt that there were more important battles to be fought than over a middle name that would never be used by anyone other than GW and GB.

Working on the hypothesis that if GW and GB were involved in Anna's disappearance, they might not have changed that middle name that was so important to them, I began an internet search for any references to "Eifee". I found a profile on a website for someone using the email address eifee_@hotmail.com. Most importantly, the profile showed that the users real first name was "Anna".

After several months of research and many false starts (there is an underline between "eifee" and the "@" sign that was not obvious on the website), I was able to locate and contact this person. It turns out that "Eifee" is a character in the Pokemon Card series and that she was an young Asian woman living in New Zealand named "Joanna". She had used the psuedonym "Anna" to protect her online privacy. She is not our Anna.

Dr. Doogie
03-14-2006, 03:37 PM
If Anna were taken by someone and raised as their child, the most logical explaination for her memories of an earlier family would be "you were adopted". On that basis, we began reviewing adoption reunion websites to see if Anna could be out there looking for her birth family.

I discovered postings on several sites from a "Susan Ward". She was born in San Francisco on Sept. 25, 1967 (both the same as Anna). With the possibility that George Waters and George Brody were involved with Anna's disappearance, it was conceivable that they would not have changed Anna's birth place and date due to an occult belief in the importance of those two items. Susan listed her hair color and eyes as brown - the same as Anna (Anna had blonde hair at the time of her disappearance, but her family has the trait of hair darkening over the years and her age-progressed photo reflects the darker hair).

Unfortunately, the postings were dated from 2001 and the contact information given was not current. I was able through court documents to establish a married name and was able to locate an avenue to contact her through Reunion.com. However, she did not review her emails for a few weeks, during which I continued my research of her as possibly being Anna.

I travelled to her hometown library and reviewed high school yearbook pictures to see if she could be Anna. The pictures were inconclusive - not close enough to break out the champagne, but not far enough off to dismiss her as a candidate.

Ultimately, she did respond to my communications. It turned out that she had been with her adopted family since shortly after birth. She had pictures with that family at an earlier age than could possible if she were Anna. And her adopted parents were very open and supportive of her attempt to locate her birth parents - something that abductors would not be.

Susan Ward is a very nice young lady who is desperately seeking her original family, but she is not Anna.

Dr. Doogie
03-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Delia Cly is a very nice lady who has a thread on Websleuths attempting to find her birth family. She believes that she was abducted at an early age and was raised by an abusive couple as their daughter. Because of the similarities between Delia's story and our theories of what had happened to Anna, I reviewed the details and concluded that Delia was too old to be Anna.

However, Annasmom pointed out the possibilty that if Delia were abducted, could it be possible that some or all of her siblings could have been abducted also? Delia has a "sister" named Annie Kaye who is listed as being born in March of 1967 (within six months of Anna). Further research into the whereabouts of Delia's "parents" placed the family in Modesto, CA in the early 1970's (within three hours of Half Moon Bay). They had previously lived in Washington state (which at that time had green and white license plates - see the thread concerning "Stranger Abduction - The Couple in the Car"). All of this seemed to lining up to being a possible match.

Delia was kind enough to forward pictures of Annie Kaye as a child and an adult. There were pictures of Annie Kaye at an age earlier than the age that Anna disappeared. The pictures also did not resemble Anna.

Neither Delia Cly or Annie Kaye Davis are Anna.

SherlockJr
03-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Dr. Doogie, What about the Australian?

Dr. Doogie
03-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Dr. Doogie, What about the Australian?
The entertainer?

PonderingThings
03-24-2006, 08:08 PM
There is a TV movie called "No Child of Mine" which has an actress by the name of Anna Waters, who played the role of Donna.

The subject matter is disturbing - its about child abuse.

The listing is here: http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt0119795/

I contacted the person who listed this on the IMDB website asking for any information about the actress (I couldn't find anything on the net). He was wonderful and replied right away, unfortunately he doesn't remember what the actress looked like as he saw the TV movie in 1997.

He did suggest I contact:

Meridian (the ITV franchise for the South of England) were one of the film's production companies and should have a copy in their archive - perhaps you could contact them for information. Their website is http://www.meridiantv.com

In case there was/is an international connection I've pursued this so far. Waters is not an unusual name in Europe though so I am not too excited about this lead.

Before trying to track this any further, Dr. Doogie have you checked out this actress before?

Annasmom
03-24-2006, 09:12 PM
When I tried the first link, I got a page of JavaScript information. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.

gardenmom
03-24-2006, 09:16 PM
When I tried the first link, I got a page of JavaScript information. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.
Me too.

PonderingThings
03-24-2006, 09:24 PM
I've corrected both links, and tested them. They appear to be working now.

I don't know why that keeps happening! Sorry.

Dr. Doogie
03-25-2006, 01:08 AM
PT:

Your resourcefullness is amazing as always. Thanks for the work - I'll check it out.

Alta
03-25-2006, 08:14 AM
I have seen this movie a couple of times on the Womans Television network.It has been about a year since I last watched it,they used to do a monday night movie and than have a panel of people after who would discuss the movie.It is quite a disturbing movie you may be able to find out something from their website I will go search and see what I can find also.

MagicRose99
03-25-2006, 08:48 PM
These are two different movies...

The one on Lifetime Network was: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107694/

The one that has "Anna Waters" in the cast was a documentary shown/made in the UK: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119795/

I have seen this movie a couple of times on the Womans Television network.It has been about a year since I last watched it,they used to do a monday night movie and than have a panel of people after who would discuss the movie.It is quite a disturbing movie you may be able to find out something from their website I will go search and see what I can find also.

Alta
03-26-2006, 08:15 AM
The one I watched was made in the UK.I don't get the lifetime network here I know which movie it is..lol

smile22
03-26-2006, 08:39 AM
i checked out both movies and although they may have been made in the uk the plots of the movies are diffrent one is about abuse the other is about a person with down syndrome. i checked out both cast and crew listings and the one on lifetime about the down syndrome didnt have anna listed in the cast of characters

PonderingThings
03-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Alta is in Alberta, Canada and they show a lot of U.K. programs in Canada.

Alta
03-26-2006, 09:11 AM
I remember it was a horrifying movie.The mother abused the daughter sexually.The father made her work the streets.And i remember the british accents.I know it horrified me because it was based on a true story,so I had to watch it twice.

gardenmom
03-26-2006, 12:10 PM
I had an idea to look for a copy of the movie that we could buy. I tried amazon, hollywood video, blockbuster, overstock, ebay, my local library. No luck. I enourage everyone to at least check your library. Especially our Canadian, and British members.

HeartofTexas
03-26-2006, 12:59 PM
I truly don't want to dampen anyone's efforts to find Anna, but feel strongly there is little to no chance that anyone abducting her would then give her the same name she had before. It doesn't make any sense for an abductor to do that, IMO.

PonderingThings
03-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Heart of Texas in the event that Anna was abducted by strangers I totally agree with you.

In the event that Anna was "rescued" by the Georges and adopted out, or placed with a family, it is possible that her actual name, and birth certificate, was used. Since George Waters had overseas connections (even studied there) Anna being spirited out of the country is a viable option.

At least it is in my mind. I respect your right to disagree.

HeartofTexas
03-26-2006, 01:14 PM
I hadn't thought about that possibility. I stand corrected!

PonderingThings
03-26-2006, 01:23 PM
With the "rescue" theory in mind I've also been searching for "Christina" Waters. Is a minor misspelling of Christian and an easy "talk around"

Dr. Doogie
03-26-2006, 01:38 PM
When I originally started looking for Anna, I was looking under her real name - not because it was the most likely, but because it provided the easiest line of investigation. I agree that the most likely scenario is that Anna's name was changed and she may not even remember the name "Anna". However, the idea that the two Georges may have been involved does leave open the possibility that she would have kept her original name (and original birthdate).

Unfortunately, "Anna Waters" is a relatively common name. Early on in the search, I paid a research company to compile a list of every "Anna" in the United States who was born on September 25, 1967. None had the last name of "Waters".

As we search the internet, we are going to find a lot of "Anna Waters". What we need is something additional to merely finding a name that would point toward it being our Anna (a picture that resembles the age-progression, an AW posting on an adoption site, etc.) Otherwise, we will spend a lot of time searching for needles in a haystack.

gardenmom
03-26-2006, 05:41 PM
When I originally started looking for Anna, I was looking under her real name - not because it was the most likely, but because it provided the easiest line of investigation. I agree that the most likely scenario is that Anna's name was changed and she may not even remember the name "Anna". However, the idea that the two Georges may have been involved does leave open the possibility that she would have kept her original name (and original birthdate).

Unfortunately, "Anna Waters" is a relatively common name. Early on in the search, I paid a research company to compile a list of every "Anna" in the United States who was born on September 25, 1967. None had the last name of "Waters".

As we search the internet, we are going to find a lot of "Anna Waters". What we need is something additional to merely finding a name that would point toward it being our Anna (a picture that resembles the age-progression, an AW posting on an adoption site, etc.) Otherwise, we will spend a lot of time searching for needles in a haystack.
Which is exactly why we cannot rule out the actress before looking at her. I realize the chance is slim, but stranger things have happened.

Dr. Doogie
03-27-2006, 03:39 PM
I received a good tip from a member concerning a possible match for Anna named Dr. Anna Waters, a sports psychologist in England. Besides having the same name, the woman's picture on her website strongly resembled the age-progressed photo of Anna. Here is the link to her website:

http://chrianna.co.uk/

I sent her an email and she was kind enough to respond promptly that she was born in 1972 in England and was not our Anna.

Dr. Doogie
03-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Which is exactly why we cannot rule out the actress before looking at her. I realize the chance is slim, but stranger things have happened.
I have been drawing a blank on finding out more about this Anna Waters. Googling, IMDB, everything that I can think of to try and find a picture or info of this woman is turning up zero. This actress appears only to have this one credit and no publicist.

Our Anna would be approximately 28 years old when this was filmed - if anybody has the opportunity to view this film, please see what age this Anna could be please. It may be that she is a child or a senior citizen - either of which would eliminate her. Short of somebody veiwing the film, I am stumped.

PonderingThings
03-28-2006, 08:33 PM
That is exactly why I am interested in this actress!

I am going to call a film buff friend of mine tomorrow - maybe he knows of a place in town that might have it for rent as it won quite a few awards....

Also, I think I'm going to email the "W Network" the new version of the Woman's Network to see if they are going to be showing it again anything soon.

I'll let you know what I find out.

PonderingThings
03-29-2006, 05:22 AM
I posted a thread on the W. Network message board explaining why I wanted the info, its here - anyone can read
http://forums.wnetwork.com/boards/index.php?act=ST&f=35&t=2280&st=0#entry19776

One of their members posted a question about Anna Waters on the IMDB message board. Unfortunately its a register to read board.

I registered and will let you know if anyone says anything interesting.

Nice people are everywhere!

georgiagirl
03-29-2006, 10:25 AM
I normally just lurk on this thread but I did find this.... Sorry if this has been posted already. It is a book with a character named Anna Waters...

Anna Waters is the main character and narrator is an eternal teenager. As the daughter of a child prodigy and Nobel Prize winner she had an intensive education but had no emotional support and no childhood or adolescence so is living out her lost youth now. She is man mad but can not get emotionally attached.

Lady Harriet Moresby is the poor little rich girl. Raised as the daughter of a Duke and her saintly well loved by the public Godiva Fawcett she is rebelling but becoming a 'Trustifarian;. She does experimental art, lives an old industrial space in the middle of prime real estate and dabbles with minimum wage jobs. She is like the girl Common People was written about. She's the character you think you might hate but you don't She finds it hard to get emotionally attached as she fears people only want to know her for her mother. She had a real love-hate relatio nship
with her mother being dragged around the world
and used as a photo opportunity. She craved the real love of her mother and still does not like anyone sharing in her grief.

The two share a flat, work as waitresses in a boarding school themed restaurant and share each other's lives. You know the type of girls they are. I know two sets of them. They are always seen together, have their own language, almost their own little world. Their friendship is so strong it is almost like a platonic love affair.

The other character that I think is worth mentioning is Grace Waters. She is cold, clinical and not interested in Anna as a person unless Anna is the person that Grace wants Anna to be. I think she is a masterpiece. She is almost monstrous, but there is a side of her you feel real pity.

Other things I lied about the book was the parody of theme bars. There are several in this book with gimmicky interiors, and standard cocktails named to fit in with the theme of the bar. I thought this was nice touch.

It took me about a week to read this book but I was hooked and was dying o know how it ends, as unlike a fluffy chick lit book I had no idea what the ending was going to be like.
I would really recommend you buy this book if you like Kate Atkinson but don't be put off by the terrible front cover.
It is available in all good bookshops priced £6.99

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/printed-books/virtue-serena-mackesy/416029/

Dr. Doogie
03-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Welcome, georgiagirl. I was not aware of the book that you mention - I will keep an eye open for it.

Over the last 33 years, Annasmom has kept a diary of the search for Anna, partly as a means of documenting what had been done, partly as a personal therapy. I have read the ongoing manuscript and I must say that it is a fascinating read. It is much more than just a dry recitation of the events - Annasmom has a keen writer's eyes for literary parallels and weaves them into the narrative, giving the story a broader reference than just the search for one missing girl. The manuscript has characters as diverse as the Dali Lama to Richard Allen Davis and covers coinciding historical events from the Viet Nam war through today.

Annasmom and I are exploring the possibility of self-publishing the manuscript in small quantities initally in an effort to create media interest in Anna's case, with the hope that media coverage may at last create the one breakthrough needed to solve the mystery. The private investigator who has assisted the family over the years is also a NY Times best-selling author and he has offered his assistance in navigating the strange seas of the publishing world. I will keep everyone informed on our progress on this front.

Mr. E
03-29-2006, 03:09 PM
I went on the imdb message board and saw the message Pondering Things mentioned. It is just a general question asking about the actress Anna Waters and her age and what she looks like, but nobody has replied to it. Someone on the message board has a DVD of the movie, although I think it must be bootlegged/copied as I don't think it is available on DVD. Wouldn't it be nice to see a screen capture of this actress! The person who has the DVD has not replied as to where s/he got it.

SherlockJr
03-30-2006, 12:15 AM
I have listed every link that I (and another member) have found on the Australian Anna Waters. I sent an e-mail to the hotkey, but it was returned as undeliverable. This afternoon, I sent an e-mail to an internet friend who lives in Australia to find out if he lives near Tasmania. I am waiting for his reply. Not really up to date on international calling (its been 25+ years since I made an international call). I notice all pics of Anna here her hair being more thinner than the age progression. Age can have a lot to do with it along with hormones. :blushing:

http://www.hotkey.net.au/~watersworks/index.html

http://www.acadarts.utas.edu.au/events/centre_stage/history/misbehavin/

http://www.perform.utas.edu.au/events/centre_stage/history/sunday/index.html

Tasmanian Music Industry Association
Association for commercial music industry interests
Anna Waters,Managerc/o Suite 32A, Yorktown Square
Launceston TAS 7250
Ph 03 6334 4163, fax 03 6331 3636

THE WATERSWORKS ENTERTAINMENT AGENCY
9 Upper McEwans Road
Legana TAS 7277
Phone: (03) 6330 2411
Fax: (03) 6330 2408
Manager: Anna Waters

Alta
03-30-2006, 09:27 AM
That is exactly why I am interested in this actress!

I am going to call a film buff friend of mine tomorrow - maybe he knows of a place in town that might have it for rent as it won quite a few awards....

Also, I think I'm going to email the "W Network" the new version of the Woman's Network to see if they are going to be showing it again anything soon.

I'll let you know what I find out.
I emailed the W network on the weekend as well and have yet to hear back from anyone.I wish I could remember the the character she played,I have been racking my brain.I have not seen anywhere where a person can get a copy of this film,but I will check my local library today.I just had surgery last week so I have not been able to go have a look around,but if there is one around in Canada I will try and find it.

georgiagirl
03-30-2006, 09:42 AM
I emailed the W network on the weekend as well and have yet to hear back from anyone.I wish I could remember the the character she played,I have been racking my brain.I have not seen anywhere where a person can get a copy of this film,but I will check my local library today.I just had surgery last week so I have not been able to go have a look around,but if there is one around in Canada I will try and find it.
The character's name is "Donna".

Alta
03-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Yes i seen that,lol I guess I meant I wish i could remember her character,the age and what she looked like.I am actually surprised this was not made into a dvd or vhs copy for one reason or another, most t.v. movies/documentaries are nowadays.

SherlockJr
03-30-2006, 01:15 PM
My friend replied that he was about 2 hours away. He did find her listed at another address in Tasmania along with an e-mail address. Once again, that was returned also. He has friends who has family in Tas. and will try to locate this Anna.

Dr. Doogie
03-30-2006, 01:45 PM
My friend replied that he was about 2 hours away. He did find her listed at another address in Tasmania along with an e-mail address. Once again, that was returned also. He has friends who has family in Tas. and will try to locate this Anna.
Great work, SherlockJr! It is nice to have connections all across the globe. Everything I know about Tasmania I learned in Bugs Bunny cartoons.

aussie_mum
04-02-2006, 03:38 AM
Hi there! I have been following this story since finding this website. It has taken a LONG time to read thru all the threads. I live in Tasmania, about 2 hours drive from Launceston. I am in awe of all the info you guys in the states seem to have access to, just reading all the info you can find is amazing. If you could give me some tips for what to look for I might be able to help. I had a look in the phone book on line and there are a couple A Waters listed, but not much info other than that.

SherlockJr
04-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Hi there! I have been following this story since finding this website. It has taken a LONG time to read thru all the threads. I live in Tasmania, about 2 hours drive from Launceston. I am in awe of all the info you guys in the states seem to have access to, just reading all the info you can find is amazing. If you could give me some tips for what to look for I might be able to help. I had a look in the phone book on line and there are a couple A Waters listed, but not much info other than that.
Welcome Aussie_mum! I have heard this Anna also entertained at a casino regularly in Launceston. How many casinos are in Launceston? I could only find two. I checked their websites and could not find her, so she may have only done a show or two. Aussie_mum could you contact the University of Tasmania School of Visual and Performing Arts and inquire about the Anna Waters there? Maybe get an approximate age on her. Where to locate her today? It was between 1992-1995 when she was in the show "Never on a Sunday".

itsreenw
04-03-2006, 03:45 AM
My friend replied that he was about 2 hours away. He did find her listed at another address in Tasmania along with an e-mail address. Once again, that was returned also. He has friends who has family in Tas. and will try to locate this Anna.My aunt and uncle live in Tasmania too-I'll call them this week

viking
04-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Okay, how weird is this? I went to the state of California Death Index pages and did a search for Anna Waters. There were many, many Anna Waters that were born and died from 1850 to 1939. One had a middle name of "Eifee" or something rather close. I began to wonder if the Georges "borrowed" another Anna Water's S.S.N.

The cool thing is that it states where they were born, their birthday, and place of death. They have mother's maiden names and father's last names, too. So then my computer crashed!

I feel the time frame in which Anna disappeared was so minute, that this had to be a carefully executed plan. Therefore bringing me to reason it was definitely someone she knew or had recently met that knew her mom and Joe and she was comfortable with them. But then again, a promise of a puppy or candy can be pretty persuasive to a five year old.

I will continue to run checks on Anna through the California index. Also, I have been shooting this story to a lot of national media. Won't you all do the same?

Lastly, Anna'smom: Did George ever yell at you or threaten to take Anna 'cause "she was being raised by a hippie" or "an unfit mother'? If so, how often did he say this and to what extent, if any did he threaten to take her?
Sorry my post is so disjointed!
Peace,

Mary

viking
04-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Sorry, I forgot: the index for birth and death did not end in 1939; I just never got to continue because of my PC crashing.

mjak
04-04-2006, 06:09 AM
Okay, how weird is this? I went to the state of California Death Index pages and did a search for Anna Waters. There were many, many Anna Waters that were born and died from 1850 to 1939. One had a middle name of "Eifee" or something rather close. I began to wonder if the Georges "borrowed" another Anna Water's S.S.N.

The cool thing is that it states where they were born, their birthday, and place of death. They have mother's maiden names and father's last names, too. So then my computer crashed!

I feel the time frame in which Anna disappeared was so minute, that this had to be a carefully executed plan. Therefore bringing me to reason it was definitely someone she knew or had recently met that knew her mom and Joe and she was comfortable with them. But then again, a promise of a puppy or candy can be pretty persuasive to a five year old.

I will continue to run checks on Anna through the California index. Also, I have been shooting this story to a lot of national media. Won't you all do the same?

Lastly, Anna'smom: Did George ever yell at you or threaten to take Anna 'cause "she was being raised by a hippie" or "an unfit mother'? If so, how often did he say this and to what extent, if any did he threaten to take her?
Sorry my post is so disjointed!
Peace,

Mary
This is very intresting. How close was this other Anna Waters middle name to Eifee?

mjak

Dr. Doogie
04-04-2006, 11:51 AM
I went to the state of California Death Index pages and did a search for Anna Waters. There were many, many Anna Waters that were born and died from 1850 to 1939. One had a middle name of "Eifee" or something rather close. I began to wonder if the Georges "borrowed" another Anna Water's S.S.N.
This is very interesting. I tried to duplicate your research through Ancestry.com, but their CA Death Index only goes back to 1940. I did see an "Anna E. Waters", but it does not spell out the middle name. Please PM me with any links or info that you have. Great work!

I agree that it seems to be well planned, especially if it was the couple in the car that took Anna. Most predator abductions are crimes of opportunity, yet this had to occur in a perfect 5-10 minute window. Predators would not return to such a remote area one month later on the outside chance that a young girl could be available and alone. No, someone was waiting and watching for the right moment to act.

Also, I have been shooting this story to a lot of national media. Won't you all do the same?
Thanks for your efforts. Unfortunately, we need some sort of "hook" or "angle" to make this "newsworthy" and not just ancient history. I hope that the publishing of Annasmoms manuscript might light that fire to recreate interest in the case.

Annasmom can answer the specifics of this question, but I will say that as of 1969-1970, GW was using terms of "evil" and worse to describe Annasmom in letters to his family. Remember that this was in the heat of a seperation/divorce and GW saw that his parents were providing moral support to Annasmom, which he felt was a betrayal. However, his parents recognised that George's mental condition had worsened and that Annasmom had endured more than anyone could be expected to endure. All of George's accusations must be viewed through the filter of his paranoia to be understood.

PonderingThings
04-04-2006, 12:12 PM
This is from a site where a birth mother is searching for her stolen child. She came across an anomoly about a birth certificate and managed to track down the adoptee. It was not her daughter....

THE ODDS OF THIS PERSON BEING ANNA ARE EXTREMELY SLIM, HOWEVER, SINCE SOME OF THE INFORMATION DOES MATCH I THOUGHT I'D POST THE POSSIBILITY.

http://www.amfor.net/BabyTheft1968.html

Over the past 12 years, I had tracked down, spoken with, and eliminated every female born on February 14, 1968 at Cottage Hospital and in Santa Barbara County as possibly being my daughter. But there was a sealed birth certificate on Vital Records' 1968 roll of microfilm which eluded identification for several years. Only the local birth certificate number, #396, was displayed, on the microfilm, along with the 1972 delayed filing date, indicating an adoption. Although there were other sealed birth certificates in 1968, the fact that #396 was only 5 numbers away from my daughter's, #391 certificate, yet it wasn't filed until 1972, compelled me to try to find out who that record belonged to and the circumstances.
A) Anna was born in September of 1967 - Adoptee's birth certificate (filed 2 weeks out of sequence) say February 1968 - this is within the same "age range"B) The adoption occured in 1972 (doesn't say which month) - Anna disappeared in January of 1973 - This is possibly within a very short time frame "IF" it happened in December 1972.

We both felt that even if this adoptee was not my daughter, something was "not right.". Within hours Luanne informing me the adoptee's current identity is D M. V, I was speaking with D by phone and established that she could not be my daughter. D was "born blonde,"
C) The Adoptee was "born blonde" and so was Anna

Still a mystery, is the question of why my daughter's records do not match the baby I gave birth to, and why D birth certificate, indicating date of birth February 4, 1968, is filed out of sequence by 2 weeks. She says she never knew her father; that her mother remarried a year after her birth, and that her step-father then adopted her. She had searched for her biological father but was provided no information by anyone, even her mother. Yet, she says, when her biological father died, her step-father informed her about his obituary in the newspaper.
D) Why was the birth certificate filed "out of sequence" - is it possible it was "created"?

E) D biological father also died... although no date is given as to when she was told he died.

F) Although D knows she is adopted there is a lot of secrecy around her adoption.

G) D sounds a lot like Anna

H) This happened in Santa Barbara (5 hours away from Half Moon Bay) but with George's medical background is it possible he was aware/knew someone in the "baby stealing" business?

SherlockJr
04-04-2006, 12:17 PM
WTG Pondering!!! Is there any contact information for either one?

PonderingThings
04-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Yes - The woman who originally contacted the Adoptee can be reached through the website.

SherlockJr
04-04-2006, 12:32 PM
I found a D M V on Net Detective, shows a new phone listing. Called it and already been disconnected.

Dr. Doogie
04-04-2006, 02:42 PM
This may be the woman that we are looking for: D M. V (note the two n's) attended Fountain Valley High School 1981-1985 (the correct years to match Anna). Her married name is "S". A "D M. S" is listed as living in Anaheim, CA with her husband T. No phone number...yet.

Dr. Doogie
04-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Okay, now I have a phone number. I will try and make contact today. I'll post what I find.

Dr. Doogie
04-04-2006, 09:10 PM
D M. (V) S in Anaheim is not the same "D M.V" as mentioned in the previous article.

There is another D V listed as living in Pasadena, CA. This may be the correct one, but I do not know if the contact number listed is the one that others have tried and found disconnected.

PonderingThings
04-05-2006, 05:53 AM
Dr. Doogie thanks for checking this out. It could very well turn out that D was born to her mom and her birth certificate was simply filed out of sequence because of a bureaucratic snaffoo.

Then the snaffoo was highlited when her stepfather adopted her.

Don't know. I do hope she understands the interest when you finally do contact her (and I'm sure you will). :)

Dr. Doogie
04-05-2006, 11:12 AM
It could very well turn out that D was born to her mom and her birth certificate was simply filed out of sequence because of a bureaucratic snaffoo.

Then the snaffoo was highlited when her stepfather adopted her.
You are correct. All we know at this point is that there is something "funny" about the paperwork which could possibly (and most likely) be explained by bureacracy instead of criminal activity.

Dr. Doogie
05-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Karen is a member of the Kukoda family who moved from back east to the San Francisco Bay area in the late 1990's. She is approximately the same age as Anna. There were some coincidental similarities in her activities/talents that matched up with Anna's siblings that made her a person of interest.

The detective with the San Mateo Sheriff's department who is handling Anna's case pulled up the DMV picture of Karen and compared it to the age-progression of Anna. It is the opinion of him and several other detectives who reviewed the photographs that Karen is not Anna.

Dr. Doogie
05-30-2006, 12:47 PM
There are four women that are members of the Kukoda family that are being examined as possible matches to Anna. Two have been eliminated since Kukoda is their married name (Kari and Anne M.). Two more are still being looked at. Updates to come.

Dr. Doogie
06-09-2006, 07:36 PM
As a result of the hardwork and dedication of SherlockJr, two adoptees were located on various adoption reunion sites whose details matched enough of Anna's story to make them people of interest (Great work, SherlockJr!)

The first is named Clarissa. Her listed birthday is one day off from Anna's. She has numerous memories that align with Anna's history, but enough is different to conclude that she is not Anna. Today, I received some pictures of her at around six years old and they seem to show too many differences when compared to Anna's pictures at five. I have forwarded them to Annasmom for her opinion, but am not optimistic for a match. Clarissa is a very nice lady who has been raised by a loving adopted family, but she is not Anna.

The second adoptee is named Carla (but she believes that her birth name is Anna). Details concerning this woman are sketchy, but SherlockJr had a long discussion with a friend of Clara (who had posted the original information) and they both have concluded that Carla is not Anna.

The best of wishes to these women in their search for their birthparents.

SherlockJr
07-14-2006, 12:37 AM
I would like to start this new thread to post findings that may have been written by Anna. I've been reading and searching many blogs. A family member will have to respond if these things have happened or not. Here is my first find:

Not my earliest memory, but definately one of my favorites!!
I remember when I was about 2 or 3 my brothers had the coolest treehouse in the backyard. They had taken off the bottom rung of the ladder so I couldn't climb up there. Being the smart li'l kid I was, I went down to the basement, grabbed a bucket, brought it out to the backyard, turned the bucket upside down so that it served as a stepstool, and climbed up to the treehouse. I can still remember the look of shock on my brother's faces.

reportertype
07-14-2006, 01:18 AM
This is a good example of out-of-the-box creative thinking. Cool idea, Sherlock!!

SherlockJr
07-14-2006, 01:30 AM
Something else I remember is that my mother made me some dresses with smocking across the top of the front, and bloomers to match with elastic in the legs. In winter I had to wear longunderwear, and long stockings fastened by some sort of garters.

Gina_M
07-14-2006, 04:43 AM
Great idea! I did a google blog search on childhood memories. Here's one:

getting attacked by a dog when I was three. I remember the blonde cocker spaniel barking and breaking free of his leash and knocking me down. After that…nothing.

More at:
http://jauntyquills.com/2006/06/03/childhood-memories/

Shadow205
07-14-2006, 07:51 AM
I would like to start this new thread to post findings that may have been written by Anna. I've been reading an searching many blogs. A family member will have to respond if these things have happened or not. Here is my first find:

I remember when I was about 2 or 3 my brothers had the coolest treehouse in the backyard. They had taken off the bottom rung of the ladder so I couldn't climb up there. Being the smart li'l kid I was, I went down to the basement, grabbed a bucket, brought it out to the backyard, turned the bucket upside down so that it served as a stepstool, and climbed up to the treehouse. I can still remember the look of shock on my brother's faces.
Good idea Sherlock. Could you please post the links to the blogs?

Jodibug
07-14-2006, 08:31 AM
So these are blogs from adopted children?

Shadow205
07-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Great idea! I did a google blog search on childhood memories. Here's one:

getting attacked by a dog when I was three. I remember the blonde cocker spaniel barking and breaking free of his leash and knocking me down. After that…nothing.

More at:
http://jauntyquills.com/2006/06/03/childhood-memories/
Here is a picture of the person who posted that childhood memory in the blog. Her name is Cindy Kirk. Cindy Kirk is a lifelong Nebraska resident who started writing after taking a class at a local community college. But her interest in the written word started years before when she was in her teens. At sixteen she wrote in her diary, “I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t be a writer.”

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/th_CindyClark2.jpg (http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/?action=view&current=CindyClark2.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1)http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/th_AWaters2.jpg (http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/?action=view&current=AWaters2.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch13)

Another picture of Cindy. In this one her eyes appear to be blue. Anna's eyes are brown.
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/th_CindyKirk3.jpg (http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/?action=view&current=CindyKirk3.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1)

Here is the link to here web page http://www.cindykirk.com/meet.html

Annasmom
07-14-2006, 10:10 AM
I would like to start this new thread to post findings that may have been written by Anna. I've been reading an searching many blogs. A family member will have to respond if these things have happened or not. Here is my first find:

I remember when I was about 2 or 3 my brothers had the coolest treehouse in the backyard. They had taken off the bottom rung of the ladder so I couldn't climb up there. Being the smart li'l kid I was, I went down to the basement, grabbed a bucket, brought it out to the backyard, turned the bucket upside down so that it served as a stepstool, and climbed up to the treehouse. I can still remember the look of shock on my brother's faces. Sherlock, what a brilliant idea! And although this is exactly the sort of thing Anna might have done, this first one wouldn't be her--we never lived in a house with a basement. Her brothers did, in fact, have a treehouse, but she was four by the time they built it and could go into it with no restriction (it was a partly-fallen tree and didn't have a ladder.) This is a close one, though; even the photograph is startling.

SherlockJr
07-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Shadow, there's no specific links. They are are search results searching for key words.

Annasmom, the pic goes with what Gina_M found about the dog attack, not the treehouse story.

SherlockJr
07-14-2006, 12:59 PM
These are taken from a blogger in northern CA whose dob is 9-28-67. She homeschools her children. I have not found anything written about her family she grew up with besides what she wrote that she rather not remember. Only way to contact her is making a "comment" on her blog... no e-mail, no first name, etc. Here's the link: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MotherHen/

I am from a purloined family genealogy, never to be returned. From scant baby pictures of the youngest child. I am from unlabeled photos, old and faded, diaries and journals never kept.

I debated about whether I should write this...there are many things about my life/childhood that I'd rather not remember....many dreams unrealized and promises broken...but the more I thought about it the more I realized maybe I nedded to write this...

Toward My Own Education

The Greek Way by Edith Hamilton

Watercolors in a Weekend--Flowers by Jill Bays

Cape Cod by Thoreau

Formation of Character by C.Mason

Augustine's Confessions

The Pleasures of God by John Piper

Tabletalk by Ligonier Ministries

To School Through the Fields by Alice Taylor

A Thomas Jefferson Education by Oliver Van DeMille

Poetry Selections

Robert Frost--The Road Not Taken

Robert Louis Stevenson--A Child's Garden Of Verses

A.A.Milne--Now We Are Six

SherlockJr
07-14-2006, 01:06 PM
I found it interesting she uses the word "purloined".

Annasmom
07-14-2006, 01:40 PM
These are taken from a blogger in northern CA whose dob is 9-28-67. She homeschools her children. I have not found anything written about her family she grew up with besides what she wrote that she rather not remember. Only way to contact her is making a "comment" on her blog... no e-mail, no first name, etc. Here's the link: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MotherHen/

I am from a purloined family genealogy, never to be returned. From scant baby pictures of the youngest child. I am from unlabeled photos, old and faded, diaries and journals never kept.

I debated about whether I should write this...there are many things about my life/childhood that I'd rather not remember....many dreams unrealized and promises broken...but the more I thought about it the more I realized maybe I nedded to write this...

Toward My Own Education

Cape Cod by Thoreau

Augustine's Confessions

Poetry Selections

There are many things on this blog which ring a bell. Anna's brothers were home-schooled the year before she disappeared. Some of the books on this list were books we used for home-schooling.

SherlockJr
07-14-2006, 01:50 PM
There are many things on this blog which ring a bell. Anna's brothers were home-schooled the year before she disappeared. Some of the books on this list were books we used for home-schooling.
Annasmom, maybe you might want to post a comment about homeschooling the boys... then possibly write about some things Anna would have remembered. This could lead into something. Kinda like putting the bait out there.

HeartofTexas
07-14-2006, 04:08 PM
I also found it interesting that one of the books she used was "The Greek Way".

Amazing work, Sherlock... and just at a time we needed a new path to discovery.

Shadow205
07-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Here is a picture of the young woman who wrote the blog. I am only going to post a link, not the picture. I have also located contact information for her. If someone wants to contact her send me a PM and I'll give you the info. Her husband is a photgrapher.

http://www.hitherandyonphotography.com/-/hitherandyonphotography/gallery.asp?cat=24145&pID=1&row=15&photoID=1755873&searchTerm=

Annasmom
07-14-2006, 07:44 PM

Cape Cod by Thoreau

Augustine's Confessions

Poetry Selections

[/font][/color][size=3]
I thought I'd write her regarding the books and our home-school experience, but I can't find this book list on her blog. Where did you find it? (And thanks again for this lead.)

MagicRose99
07-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Here is a picture of the young woman who wrote the blog. I am only going to post a link, not the picture. I have also located contact information for her. If someone wants to contact her send me a PM and I'll give you the info. Her husband is a photgrapher.

http://www.hitherandyonphotography.com/-/hitherandyonphotography/gallery.asp?cat=24145&pID=1&row=15&photoID=1755873&searchTerm=
That link doesn't work for me... :(

Gina_M
07-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Shadow205
Here is a picture of the person who posted that childhood memory in the blog. Her name is Cindy Kirk. Cindy Kirk is a lifelong Nebraska resident who started writing after taking a class at a local community college. But her interest in the written word started years before when she was in her teens. At sixteen she wrote in her diary, “I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t be a writer.”

In addition to Cindy's post on that page, there were also responses by 6 other people underneath it. I thought it would be a good idea to check responses and also other links that the bloggers have linked to, as that could also lead to something.

Gina_M
07-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by SherlockJr
These are taken from a blogger in northern CA whose dob is 9-28-67. She homeschools her children. I have not found anything written about her family she grew up with besides what she wrote that she rather not remember. Only way to contact her is making a "comment" on her blog... no e-mail, no first name, etc. Here's the link: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MotherHen/ (http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MotherHen/)

Great work, Sherlock! Sounds like a definite possibility.

Shadow205
07-14-2006, 08:56 PM
Sherlockjr,

The woman who posts under the name of Motherhen is the one that I think we need to concentrate on. I posted a link to a picture of her. I have been sitting here comparing it to Anna's and I must admit there is a likeness. Something about the mouth and the nose.
I know her husbands name and the link that I posted with the picture is the link to his photography web page. That is why I cannot post the picture on here, his photo's have a copyright and cannot be coppied.

MagicRose can't open the link to the picture, anyonelse having trouble with it?

smile22
07-14-2006, 09:47 PM
i opend it just fine

HeartofTexas
07-14-2006, 10:25 PM
It opened for me.

SherlockJr
07-15-2006, 12:26 AM
OK Annasmom, you have some bare feet to compare! I know she is a size 9. http://www.hitherandyonphotography.com/-/hitherandyonphotography/gallery.asp?cat=24145&pID=1&row=15&photoID=2378876&searchTerm=

SherlockJr
07-15-2006, 12:35 AM
I thought I'd write her regarding the books and our home-school experience, but I can't find this book list on her blog. Where did you find it? (And thanks again for this lead.)
Annasmom, sorry to take so loooong to get back to you. I just had to go to work today and unfortunately for me (fortunate for all taxpayers), we don't have the internet at work. Here is a link where she list the books. Slide all the way down the page on the right side.

http://sweetlife6.blogspot.com/ (http://sweetlife6.blogspot.com/)

Shadow205
07-15-2006, 09:38 AM
OK Annasmom, you have some bare feet to compare! I know she is a size 9. http://www.hitherandyonphotography.com/-/hitherandyonphotography/gallery.asp?cat=24145&pID=1&row=15&photoID=2378876&searchTerm=SherlockJr.

In her post called "100 Things About Me" she says that she wears a size 11 running shoe. There are a few things that I felt were worth mentioning on that post.

1. I am a native Californian
7. I lived for 18 months in New Mexico when I was in High School
12. I snort when I laugh
13. I sneeze in three's
18. I am the youngest of three kids
25. My hair was stick straight when I was young
26. My hair is very curly now
27. Each of my pregnancies has made my hair curlier
92. I wear a size 11 running shoe
97. I was named for my great grand-mother, great-great aunt, grandmother and mother

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MotherHen/95133/

Check out the link to read all 100.

Annasmom
07-15-2006, 12:22 PM
SherlockJr.

In her post called "100 Things About Me" she says that she wears a size 11 running shoe. There are a few things that I felt were worth mentioning on that post.

Check out the link to read all 100.
[/color][/size][/font]
There were several things in the 100 which caught my eye (perfumes giving her headaches, for instance), but it seems to me that she knows everything about herself. How does this fit for us?

smile22
07-15-2006, 01:26 PM
maybe she took the memories she had before granted she wasnt really part of that family and they stuck with her as she got older? does anyone in your family have big feet?

Gina_M
07-15-2006, 01:55 PM
I've been looking at the pics of our sweetlife blogger and her kids on her
husband's website...I think they all bear a resemblance to Anna.

I also thought some of these factoids were interesting:

44. I declared Criminal Justice as my Minor in college
79. I can hold my breath for almost a minute (well, at least I could as a kid)
88. I wish I could play the piano

Shadow205
07-15-2006, 02:17 PM
There were several things in the 100 which caught my eye (perfumes giving her headaches, for instance), but it seems to me that she knows everything about herself. How does this fit for us?
Annasmom,

It may not fit for us at all but is worth looking in to a little further. The 1st thing that got my attention was this young womans DOB. It is only off 3 days from Anna's. She was born in CA. The way that she speaks of her chilhood it seems to have been troubled. But the main thing is the resemblance that I see of Anna in her picture.
It may all turn out to be nothing but so as to leave no stone unturned, I think she is worth looking at a little closer.

Annasmom
07-15-2006, 02:25 PM
maybe she took the memories she had before granted she wasnt really part of that family and they stuck with her as she got older? does anyone in your family have big feet?Yep, we're all bigfeet. Anna's older brother is a marathon runner, and the perfume allergy runs in the family.

Annasmom
07-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Annasmom, maybe you might want to post a comment about homeschooling the boys... then possibly write about some things Anna would have remembered. This could lead into something. Kinda like putting the bait out there.Sherlock, I posted a comment on her blog about home-schooling my two boys when their sister Anna was four and we were traveling around the country in a converted school bus. Gave her my e-mail address, but haven't had a response. Surely this would have set off some bells without being too threatening to her. What do you think>

Hollow
07-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Wow !!! I don't know if this was mentioned before , but does it look like there's a mole on her cheek under the child's hair ??

reportertype
07-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Yep, I see what looks like a mole also.

Annasmom
07-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Yep, I see what looks like a mole also.
It looks as if maybe the husband works for Apple, which would probably put them somewhere in the Bay Area. I looked in the nearby phone books for Bishop Bastien, the name on the husband's photography studio, but didn't find any listings.

SherlockJr
07-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Sherlock, I posted a comment on her blog about home-schooling my two boys when their sister Anna was four and we were traveling around the country in a converted school bus. Gave her my e-mail address, but haven't had a response. Surely this would have set off some bells without being too threatening to her. What do you think>

I hope she replies back to you. Where's Doogie at while all this is happening? Taking a trip to Roseville? :)

Do you think our blogger is wondering why her website counter is going crazy yet?

SherlockJr
07-15-2006, 10:16 PM
hmmmm, looks like more digging here. I just read this on SweetLife's blog.

So, as we plug away at the last remnants of this "school year"...we look forward to time off in August when my sister and her family visit and we take a much needed break from the daily grind.

Shadow205
07-15-2006, 10:29 PM
SherlockJr.,

In her post about 100 things she said:

18. I am the youngest of three kids

MagicRose99
07-15-2006, 10:47 PM
It looks as if maybe the husband works for Apple, which would probably put them somewhere in the Bay Area. I looked in the nearby phone books for Bishop Bastien, the name on the husband's photography studio, but didn't find any listings.We have an Apple plant here in Sacramento (Elk Grove actually I think...) But, from what I read on the homeschooling blog I had the impression she still lives in Roseville / Auburn area...

added this I found on her profile on the homeschooling blog:

SherlockJr
07-16-2006, 02:09 AM
It is now confirmed that SweetLife is not our Anna. How very disappointing again. I am working on a reply and apology to SweetLife, but my writing skills are not anywhere compared to hers. I have deleted any postings that I can delete. Maybe now would be a good time for me to take a rest from this case. :sick:

kyresearcher
07-16-2006, 02:27 AM
It is now confirmed that SweetLife is not our Anna. How very disappointing again. I am working on a reply and apology to SweetLife, but my writing skills are not anywhere compared to hers. I have deleted any postings that I can delete. Maybe now would be a good time for me to take a rest from this case. :sick: Bless your heart Sherlock, I know you are disappointed as we all are that this is not our Anna. Maybe you do need to take some rest from this case, like "one day" Lol If you are like me you can't stay away and will be back researching everything you can find to help bring closure. You are appreciated by all, especially Annasmom, I am sure. See you tomorrow.........

Annasmom
07-16-2006, 02:43 AM
It is now confirmed that SweetLife is not our Anna. How very disappointing again. I am working on a reply and apology to SweetLife, but my writing skills are not anywhere compared to hers. I have deleted any postings that I can delete. Maybe now would be a good time for me to take a rest from this case. :sick: Don't leave me. I'm not sure what went down here, but surely Sweetlife, a mother of five, would understand our searching for a lost child.

Annasmom
07-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Bless your heart Sherlock, I know you are disappointed as we all are that this is not our Anna. Maybe you do need to take some rest from this case, like "one day" Lol If you are like me you can't stay away and will be back researching everything you can find to help bring closure. You are appreciated by all, especially Annasmom, I am sure. See you tomorrow.........
Appreciation is hardly an adequate word for the gratitude I feel. But would someone please tell me what went down here? Surely the blogger didn't take offense at having her blog read?

smile22
07-16-2006, 11:02 AM
she has on her website info on us talks about how she is sorry than she is not anna you can access it at her blog she seemed a little upset but then i think understood what we were going through is what i deciphered her message.

HeartofTexas
07-16-2006, 11:27 AM
MotherHen not only wrote something on her blog, but she also wrote a comment to someone else's comment following the blog. I'll try to remember to come by later today and delete this, since I don't want to further invade her privacy by reprinting what she wrote... but I thought it would help people understand how she reacted and her own feelings on what transpired.

Anonymous---your perception couldn't be further from the truth. My heart goes out to the family of Anna. I was deeply saddened by their loss. It is an unfortunate reality of this medium that a reader can not see the writer's body language nor hear the writer's tone of voice and therefore cannot accurately perceive all the writer is trying to convey. If that were possible I do not believe you wouldn't have felt compelled to write what you did. The fact is, however, I needed to let them know that I am not Anna. I also tried to do so in a compassionate way and to clear up any misconceptions that my blog posts or the images from my husbands site created. There is no hostility on either my part or that of my husband. What disconcerted us so much was the amount of time people were obviously putting into researching me and the things they were focusing on as indications that I was Anna. Two come to mind immediately: the fact that Anna had two brothers and I have stated clearly that I have a sister, and the choice of reading books my family enjoys...all were classics that untold numbers of folks have read and as such should not have raised any redflags that I could be Anna. I can't even imagine Anna's mother reading the posts without there being a small glimmer of hope that I was, in fact, her long missing daughter. The heartache she must go through each and every time someone has a "lead" must be immeasurable. We asked that our posts or images from our websites not be posted at WebSleuths or anywhere else simply as a way perhaps to lessen the heartache that Anna's family must go through each time a "lead" doesn't pan out. But the fact remains that I needed to let them know I was not Anna. I simply chose to do so here as opposed to leaving a post on WebSleuth as a small measure of privacy.

Edited by MotherHen (http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MotherHen/profile/) on Jul. 16, 2006 at 7:26 AM• Permanent Link (http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MotherHen/167634/#c309779)

SherlockJr
07-16-2006, 01:15 PM
I have decided against posting my apology to Mother Hen on her blogsite. Even more, I decided against even making an apology to Mother Hen. Twelve hours ago, I was at a website to order a floral arrangement of Lavender to be delivered to her door. What is disconcerted with Mother Hen was the amount of time (less than 12 hours) spent researching her. She has no idea of the meaning of time. Anna has been missing 402 months now. Anna has been away from her friends from kindergarten for 1,748 weeks. Anna has been away from her brothers for 12,234 days. And not for one minute of the 17,617,731 she has not been in her mothers thoughts. This alone has changed my thoughts of resting from this case. Mother Hen, nor anyone else for that matter will cease my LookingForAnna.

HeartofTexas
07-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Try to remember, Sherlock, that most people are not internet sleuthers like we are. People that don't have any interest in true crime or searching for the lost and missing don't have a clue why those topics hold any interest to us. I don't think she meant anyone any harm in any way... she was just taken back by our uncommon interest in each word she had written.

SherlockJr
07-16-2006, 02:02 PM
I agree with what you are saying HoT. We were preparing to contact her with a phone call yesterday, but a lead member was not available till after midnite. So the phone call was going to be made today. Something tells me someone here from this forum had tipped her off last nite. She probably was freightened at first and took a defensive approach for as quickly as she responded. The good thing I have learned from this is people from all over the world read this forum and learn about Anna. I found this out by looking into her blog stats. ;)

HeartofTexas
07-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Actually, I find someone tipping her off in advance to be a bit upsetting. I certainly hope it didn't come from anyone here on WS.

Annasmom
07-16-2006, 03:17 PM
I have decided against posting my apology to Mother Hen on her blogsite. Even more, I decided against even making an apology to Mother Hen. Twelve hours ago, I was at a website to order a floral arrangement of Lavender to be delivered to her door. What is disconcerted with Mother Hen was the amount of time (less than 12 hours) spent researching her. She has no idea of the meaning of time. Anna has been missing 402 months now. Anna has been away from her friends from kindergarten for 1,748 weeks. Anna has been away from her brothers for 12,234 days. And not for one minute of the 17,617,731 she has not been in her mothers thoughts. This alone has changed my thoughts of resting from this case. Mother Hen, nor anyone else for that matter will cease my LookingForAnna.Sherlock, I truly don't see what you should apologize for. That Christian lady should understand the meaning of "Seek and ye shall find." As for the weeks and days and minutes, it's a staggering amount of time, isn't it? Thank you for everything, and especially your thoughts, empathy and concern.

Dr. Doogie
07-16-2006, 05:28 PM
So, did I miss anything?

Great work by everybody here. It obviously is unsettling for someone to sudden find out that their entire life history is the subject of research and conjecture by people that they have never met, and for that, I empathize with "MotherHen". However, when some chooses to post intimate details about themselves on the internet, they take the chance that something like this can happen. What occured here is not stalking or harrassment, and within the realm of courteous behavior when contacting those who voluntarily post personal information. Please do not let this false lead cause anyone to lose hope or become discouraged.

Annasmom
07-16-2006, 10:39 PM
So, did I miss anything?

Great work by everybody here. It obviously is unsettling for someone to sudden find out that their entire life history is the subject of research and conjecture by people that they have never met, and for that, I empathize with "MotherHen". However, when some chooses to post intimate details about themselves on the internet, they take the chance that something like this can happen. What occured here is not stalking or harrassment, and within the realm of courteous behavior when contacting those who voluntarily post personal information. Please do not let this false lead cause anyone to lose hope or become discouraged.Actually, I was irritated by all her references to my heartache, etc. It just sounded like words to me. My heart is fine, thank you, and I think she might have been a bit more generous to good people who have put so much time, effort, thought, and heart into finding someone else's little lost girl. "One Anna Waters", indeed. That was cold.

HeartofTexas
07-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Annasmom, you are a woman of unsurpassed dignity and spirit! It's a pleasure to "know" you.

MagicRose99
07-17-2006, 07:18 AM
Actually, I was irritated by all her references to my heartache, etc. It just sounded like words to me. My heart is fine, thank you, and I think she might have been a bit more generous to good people who have put so much time, effort, thought, and heart into finding someone else's little lost girl. "One Anna Waters", indeed. That was cold.
Mikie, you are an inspiration to all of us! I think those references she made in regards to you were actually kinda funny... she doesn't know you like we know you! You are a very strong person who doesn't fall apart at any little reference, etc., to Anna or possible matches.

I think if this young lady came over and read thru Anna's Forum, she'd realize how strong you are and how what we're doing here isn't hurting you but helping you in it's own way.

Don't let one person's comments get to you... We love you, understand you and your loss and know how much this is helping, not hindering your life!

Annasmom
07-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Annasmom, you are a woman of unsurpassed dignity and spirit! It's a pleasure to "know" you.You and Magic Rose made me feel good.

GraceBlue
07-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Thats sad that the woman with the blog got upset but she should've known she's putting personal information out there on the internet for everyone to read. Now we know she isnt Anna, we can move on and look for Anna.

I agree with you 100%, about Annasmom, MagicRose. I admire Annasmom's courage that she never gave up looking for Anna. I hope one day she will renuite with Anna.

Annasmom:

I'd love to hear more about Anna. I know you wrote a manuscript but what was Anna like? What was her favorite color, doll, song, toy, animal, and book? What is the funniest story you have of Anna? What did Anna want to be when she grew up?

Annasmom
07-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Annasmom:

I'd love to hear more about Anna. I know you wrote a manuscript but what was Anna like? What was her favorite color, doll, song, toy, animal, and book? What is the funniest story you have of Anna? What did Anna want to be when she grew up? If you believe in such things, I would say she was a very old soul. She was passionate about her family and friends, but could say very wise (and revealing) things about them. She was very generous and loved to give presents, even her favorite possessions. Her favorite song was the Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun". She liked all the animals, but especially liked a neighbor's cat which she had named Melon. One of her favorite books was Papa Snap's Stories. She had a green doll which I had made her which she liked pretty well, but she liked natural things like rocks better. I don't think she ever talked about what she wanted to be when she grew up. One of her favorite possessions was a ratty old leopard-print bathrobe which had belonged to her older brother. I don't think she had a particular favorite color, though she was fond of a red coat I made her. One funny story was when, after school, she stepped on both her kindergarten teacher's feet. The teacher, whom Anna loved and who loved Anna, asked her not to do that because her feet hurt. She didn't understand that this was an invitation to the dance! (Did you ever dance by putting your feet on your parents' feet?)

anthrobones
07-17-2006, 07:11 PM
I think that lady took her stuff down off her page. I guess she figured only her friends would likely read her journal. Of course, I've always assumed only my friends would see my myspace or facebook pages, but anyone can see myspace.

Shadow205
07-17-2006, 07:15 PM
This is for Anna

http://www.garyrog.50megs.com/midi/herecomesthesun.mid

Annasmom
07-17-2006, 09:12 PM
I think that lady took her stuff down off her page. I guess she figured only her friends would likely read her journal. Of course, I've always assumed only my friends would see my myspace or facebook pages, but anyone can see myspace.
Yep, the blog has been completely erased.

Annasmom
07-17-2006, 09:14 PM
This is for Anna

What fun, hearing this good old song again. Thank you!

reportertype
07-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Well, we may have freaked out one person, but I still think this is a good and creative idea. I was doing some googling earlier (found nothing of merit) and there are some really stranger blogs out there! Think I'm the only person that doesn't have one.

GraceBlue
07-18-2006, 08:11 AM
If you believe in such things, I would say she was a very old soul. She was passionate about her family and friends, but could say very wise (and revealing) things about them. She was very generous and loved to give presents, even her favorite possessions. Her favorite song was the Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun". She liked all the animals, but especially liked a neighbor's cat which she had named Melon. One of her favorite books was Papa Snap's Stories. She had a green doll which I had made her which she liked pretty well, but she liked natural things like rocks better. I don't think she ever talked about what she wanted to be when she grew up. One of her favorite possessions was a ratty old leopard-print bathrobe which had belonged to her older brother. I don't think she had a particular favorite color, though she was fond of a red coat I made her. One funny story was when, after school, she stepped on both her kindergarten teacher's feet. The teacher, whom Anna loved and who loved Anna, asked her not to do that because her feet hurt. She didn't understand that this was an invitation to the dance! (Did you ever dance by putting your feet on your parents' feet?)

Thank you for telling me a bit about Anna! It sounds like she'd be an interesting person to get to know! The reason I ask is because as we look for her, I just had to ask about her, what she was like. Also, if Anna ever googles something from her childhood, what you wrote could pop up like her favorite book, the cat, the song. I find myself googling old books and toys that I remember and I loved as a child. Never know!

GraceBlue
07-18-2006, 08:12 AM
This is for Anna

Thank you for posting this! My 1 year old daughter was screaming her head off and when I played this song, she stopped and smiled. ;) Now I must figure how to save this song on my computer so I can play it every time she cries.

Annasunc
07-18-2006, 10:30 AM
It is now confirmed that SweetLife is not our Anna. How very disappointing again.

Sherlock, I hope you don't let this negative reaction spoil what is, in fact, an excellent and creative idea and strategy. In another context her reaction would be downright funny, expecting privacy while voluntarily posting loads of personal information in a medium freely accessible by literally hundreds of millions of people. Maybe she'll incorporate her experience into her lesson plans.

In thirty years as a journalist I've done my fair share of invading other people's privacy, and had to decide for myself where the line was. In those 30 years I never did anything I couldn't live with or defend. It looks like you did everything correct here, and I'm glad you did what you did!

SherlockJr
07-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Sherlock, I hope you don't let this negative reaction spoil what is, in fact, an excellent and creative idea and strategy. In another context her reaction would be downright funny, expecting privacy while voluntarily posting loads of personal information in a medium freely accessible by literally hundreds of millions of people. Maybe she'll incorporate her experience into her lesson plans.

In thirty years as a journalist I've done my fair share of invading other people's privacy, and had to decide for myself where the line was. In those 30 years I never did anything I couldn't live with or defend. It looks like you did everything correct here, and I'm glad you did what you did!
Thanks for the words of encouragement Annasunc! It blows me away when I see all the homeschooling moms (especially with 5 children) having time in their busy days to write so much in a journal. And besides, she said she wrote it for family and friends to read. Are we not her friends? If she ever needed anything, there's not one person here who would not help her out. I, for one would help her.

Annasunc
07-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement Annasunc! It blows me away when I see all the homeschooling moms (especially with 5 children) having time in their busy days to write so much in a journal. And besides, she said she wrote it for family and friends to read. Are we not her friends? If she ever needed anything, there's not one person here who would not help her out. I, for one would help her.
If I give personal information to my doctor or accountant, I expect it to stay confidential. If I put pages from my diary on a supermarket or church bulletin board, I don't. The Internet is like a public bulletin board half a billion people walk by. You did a kindness by making her realize that, and I think on reflection she might realize how lucky she was that such a benign source brought it to her attention. :)

mjak
07-18-2006, 07:20 PM
I am sorry to read that the owner of the blog that we thought might have been Anna was upset by the inquiry. However, I am more upset about a little girl who has been missing for over 30 years. Looking for Anna in the public arena is not only appropriate, but esseential if we are ever going to find her. I hope this experiecne will not detur anyone from knocking on any public doors that may leed to Anna.

mjak

Gina_M
07-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Thank you for telling me a bit about Anna! It sounds like she'd be an interesting person to get to know! The reason I ask is because as we look for her, I just had to ask about her, what she was like. Also, if Anna ever googles something from her childhood, what you wrote could pop up like her favorite book, the cat, the song. I find myself googling old books and toys that I remember and I loved as a child. Never know!
I totally agree...I am always googling stuff from my childhood - places my parents used to take me, TV shows I liked to watch, etc. (I am also in my thirties, a bit younger than Anna...I wonder if it is common to get nostalgic about one's childhood at this age?) Even if Anna only remembers one or two things from early childhood, such as the song "Here Comes the Sun", it's possible she could google it and be connected to this board, and then have something else jog more memories. Great idea! :)

smile22
07-19-2006, 05:52 AM
its the little stuff i wonder if that womens child was missing would she do everything in her power to find the child? yes? some people just dont always understand what we do here at ws. there was a song on the radio the other day and i totaly cant remember the words to it. its a song i remember from my childhood. it felt good to hear it on the radio. maybe if we set up a blog or something with annas memories and then if she ever googled any of them that website would pop up?

Annasunc
07-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Yep, we're all bigfeet. Anna's older brother is a marathon runner, and the perfume allergy runs in the family.
:laugh: I admire your restraint in not saying "big feet run in the family." :doh:
... or "noses run in the family" ... :doh: :doh:

Dr. Doogie
07-19-2006, 06:22 PM
The first is named Clarissa. Her listed birthday is one day off from Anna's. She has numerous memories that align with Anna's history, but enough is different to conclude that she is not Anna. Today, I received some pictures of her at around six years old and they seem to show too many differences when compared to Anna's pictures at five. I have forwarded them to Annasmom for her opinion, but am not optimistic for a match. Clarissa is a very nice lady who has been raised by a loving adopted family, but she is not Anna.
I received an email today from Clarissa that with some information that we had passed on to her and with the help of adoption "search angels" that we directed her to, she was able to locate her brother and be reunited with her family. Thank you, SherlockJr, for discovering this potential match for Anna and creating the scenario that has allowed her to "return home". Great job, everyone!

Annasmom
07-20-2006, 11:27 AM
:laugh: I admire your restraint in not saying "big feet run in the family." :doh:
... or "noses run in the family" ... :doh: :doh: Why didn't I think of that?

GraceBlue
07-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Annasmom I dont know if this has already been covered but I was thinking about the day Anna dissappeared. You said a friend of yours stopped by to say hello to some horses when two men in a van drove by (an older and a younger man.) Has that friend seen a picture of GW and GB? If these two men indeed were GW and GB maybe your friend would recognize them if you are still in touch with this friend?

SherlockJr
07-21-2006, 02:16 AM
I found this one somewhat interesting to read. Vacationing in Athens Greece???

Written by a Adoptee: (Mar 2003)

I was about 13 when I was reading through some papers in the livingroom draw. I don't know why maybe I was just bored. Anyway I came across some papers that sais an adoption would be final when the family returned from a family vaction in Athen, Greece. Whatever I thought as I stuffed the paper back in the draw. It's just about my sister (We knew she was adopted.) The I thought for a second it was my name on the paper. I thought I was going crazy. I took the paper out again and sure enough. I was the one whose adoption was going to be final. I cried and thought about why they all lied to me but told the other children they were adopted. I was simply told that they tried to tell me when I was like two or three and I was crying and saying no. So they never told me again. But that is not the end of the lies. When I got older around 25 I asked my A/M if she knew who my mother was. She lied and said yes she was an older woman very tall and she had other children. Her husband did not want any more children So I was given up for adoption. Well at 35 i got my Non-identfying information and it says that my mom was 16 or 17 and her mother would not let her bring me home. So i was put up for adoption. My A/mother died in 1997 of lung cancer so i cannot ask her why she lied. All i can hope for is that was the last of them. For now i just look forward to finding whatever biologial family i can.

http://www.findme.org/findme/index.cfm?fuseaction=StoriesSecrets&StartRow=24

Annasmom
07-21-2006, 09:56 AM
I found this one somewhat interesting to read. Vacationing in Athens Greece???

Written by a Adoptee: (Mar 2003)

I was about 13 when I was reading through some papers in the livingroom draw. I don't know why maybe I was just bored. Anyway I came across some papers that sais an adoption would be final when the family returned from a family vaction in Athen, Greece. Whatever I thought as I stuffed the paper back in the draw. It's just about my sister (We knew she was adopted.) The I thought for a second it was my name on the paper. I thought I was going crazy. I took the paper out again and sure enough. I was the one whose adoption was going to be final. I cried and thought about why they all lied to me but told the other children they were adopted. I was simply told that they tried to tell me when I was like two or three and I was crying and saying no. So they never told me again. But that is not the end of the lies. When I got older around 25 I asked my A/M if she knew who my mother was. She lied and said yes she was an older woman very tall and she had other children. Her husband did not want any more children So I was given up for adoption. Well at 35 i got my Non-identfying information and it says that my mom was 16 or 17 and her mother would not let her bring me home. So i was put up for adoption. My A/mother died in 1997 of lung cancer so i cannot ask her why she lied. All i can hope for is that was the last of them. For now i just look forward to finding whatever biologial family i can.

http://www.findme.org/findme/index.cfm?fuseaction=StoriesSecrets&StartRow=24
I wonder if we could find out anything about "the others"--do you suppose they were in the same family? There used to be an odd thing about adoptions out of Greece in that inheritance could revert to the birth families of males, but not females--consequently only female children were usually adopted.

SherlockJr
07-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Unbelievable! People did name girls Effie! Her is a birth relative looking for an adoptee. Get this in Bakersfield!

11/22/1968 BR
AD
Effie Susan King (Susie)
Bakersfield, CA

SherlockJr
07-28-2006, 12:25 PM
.....I remember rosebushes in the back yard, a swingset for me, and a fig tree beside the stone stairs coming down into the back yard...

Dr. Doogie
08-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Susan Anderton is an adoptee who was searching for her birth family. Several details of her story matched up with Anna. Her listed birthday was within one day of Anna's. Susan's birth father was a doctor and the adoption was arranged by an older man who was a "friend of the family".

SherlockJr (who discovered this possible match) followed up by researching Susan's story. Through hard work and talent, SherlockJr was able to actually locate Susan's mother and has been facilitating a reunion between mother and daughter. Susan is not Anna.

(The adoptee's full name is listed here so that we can be aware that she has been looked at and is not Anna. With multiple researchers covering the same resources, there is always a chance of duplication. Hopefully this information will help prevent our researchers from covering leads that have already been examined.)

Special kudos to SherlockJr for doggedly persuing this lead and helping to reunite Susan with her family. :clap:

SherlockJr
08-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Susan Anderton is an adoptee who was searching for her birth family. Several details of her story matched up with Anna. Her listed birthday was within one day of Anna's. Susan's birth father was a doctor and the adoption was arranged by an older man who was a "friend of the family".

SherlockJr (who discovered this possible match) followed up by researching Susan's story. Through hard work and talent, SherlockJr was able to actually locate Susan's mother and has been facilitating a reunion between mother and daughter. Susan is not Anna.
I want to believe a pattern is forming here. During the search for Anna, the first adoptee was Gloria. Gloria was lives south of Los Angeles and was reunited with her birthfamily on Mothers Day this year. Next was Susan, her birth mother was found in Morro Bay this past week-end. I seem to be working up the coast of CA and hopefully the next will be Anna. ;)

LButler
08-10-2006, 11:57 AM
They say everything happens for a reason. This long search for Anna has done a lot of good for a lot of people - reuniting adoptees with parents, pulling people together to search for her ...

Maybe angels are doing some work before giving up their secrets??

Shadow205
08-10-2006, 12:06 PM
They say everything happens for a reason. This long search for Anna has done a lot of good for a lot of people - reuniting adoptees with parents, pulling people together to search for her ...

Maybe angels are doing some work before giving up their secrets??
I like that thought LButler:)

KJERVIS
08-10-2006, 05:18 PM
I love how whilst helping Anna you lot have been able to help other people. This makes my heart just swell with pride for everyone that is on this forum. Everyone truly has a unique gift that they have chosen to share with those who don’t have voices anymore. I think it is a beautiful thing to witness. I don’t often share much to keep the ball going but I just wanted to let everyone know how much I look up to each and every one of you as inspiration as to the goodness still left in the human race.

Kate

GraceBlue
08-10-2006, 05:51 PM
LButler- I agree with you 100%

Sherlock- Great job!!!!

I still hope this new 'lead' finds Anna. Not a day goes by that I dont think of Anna. I dont even know her family but as a mother I cant even imagine how hard it must be for Annasmom and her family. Because of this, it made me cherish every moment with my daughter even more. Somehow, Anna touched all of our lives in here and others (like the adoptees) as well.

Annasmom
08-10-2006, 08:55 PM
I love how whilst helping Anna you lot have been able to help other people. This makes my heart just swell with pride for everyone that is on this forum. Everyone truly has a unique gift that they have chosen to share with those who don’t have voices anymore. I think it is a beautiful thing to witness. I don’t often share much to keep the ball going but I just wanted to let everyone know how much I look up to each and every one of you as inspiration as to the goodness still left in the human race.

Kate
Kate, what a lovely thing to say.

HeartofTexas
08-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Kate, there are indeed some lovely people who post on Anna's forum... many of them Anna's very own family. This is probably the most special forum on Websleuths, IMO. I think a lot of the credit for that goes to Doogie who is another very special person.

Sherlock, congrats for such a great find. As always, I'm sad to hear it wasn't Anna. But it's so wonderful to have helped another family. I hope that gives you a great sense of accomplishment.

SherlockJr
08-28-2006, 01:31 PM
This neighbor Peggy who was in the dream was my neighbor from Germany. And I really liked her mother who would come over from Germany to visit Peggy sometimes, and she would also bring me presents. Once she brought me this fairy tale book which I just loved. It was written in German, but I loved the letters, and most of all I adored the pictures, they were like none I’d seen before, much more heartfelt and emotional than those I was used to seeing....

Shadow205
08-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Sherlockjr,

I'm sorry but you have me really confused with your last 2 posts. Are those written by someone that you think could be a match to Anna?

SherlockJr
08-28-2006, 01:42 PM
yes shadow, if you read the beginning of the thread.

Shadow205
08-28-2006, 03:50 PM
sherlockjr,

thanks, I must have really been having a blond moment when I read that. I have participated in this thread since the beginning of it. :doh:

Dr. Doogie
08-28-2006, 04:17 PM
sherlockjr,

thanks, I must have really been having a blond moment when I read that. I have participated in this thread since the beginning of it. :doh:
That's okay. I have bald moments all the time.

SherlockJr
09-27-2006, 01:59 AM
Can you explain this photo Dr. Doogie? I have searched and searched for a connection to Ronald McDonald. Maybe you need a short vacation (or is it a long vacation on the short bus?).

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/drdoogief/detail?.dir=aac9&.dnm=962bscd.jpg

Dr. Doogie
09-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Can you explain this photo Dr. Doogie? I have searched and searched for a connection to Ronald McDonald. Maybe you need a short vacation (or is it a long vacation on the short bus?).

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/drdoogief/detail?.dir=aac9&.dnm=962bscd.jpgDoes seem a little random, doesn't it? On another thread, a poster was describing someone who was "suspicious-looking" that she had seen at bingo recently and was convinced that he was probably "wanted". She described him as very pale with unnaturally red hair (probably a wig). I offered up this picture as a possible match (sometimes, I crack myself up...).

smile22
09-27-2006, 05:26 PM
now all you need with that picture is ronalds friends. grimice burgler and the rest of the gang

SherlockJr
10-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Did Anna wear any foot brace(s) at anytime?

Annasmom
10-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Did Anna wear any foot brace(s) at anytime? This is a really amazing question, because I had completely forgotten about this. I don't remember if she actually wore a brace (her older brother, Ed, did) when she was just beginning to walk, but we did have to reverse her shoes for a while (on the advice of her pediatrician)--I think it was to keep her from toeing in. And we used to tell her to "walk straight, like an Indian girl." I suppose that was because she sometimes toed in. What do you have here, Sherlock?

SherlockJr
10-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Someone has replied to one of my many message boards where I have Anna listed. She says she had to wear a foot brace around the age of 5 and that was her earliest memory. She also says she has a scar on her back and on the back of her head she was told was from a barbed-wired fence. Was there this type of fencing near the farm?

Annasmom
10-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Someone has replied to one of my many message boards where I have Anna listed. She says she had to wear a foot brace around the age of 5 and that was her earliest memory. She also says she has a scar on her back and on the back of her head she was told was from a barbed-wired fence. Was there this type of fencing near the farm?I think there was barbed wire at various places on the farm (not near the house), but Anna had no scars except a smallpox vaccination scar at the time she disappeared. (I can't remember if it was left or right arm.) She did have one other small identifying thing on one fingernail which I have not mentioned in the forum. This might be worth asking about.

SherlockJr
10-14-2006, 06:22 PM
I think there was barbed wire at various places on the farm (not near the house), but Anna had no scars except a smallpox vaccination scar at the time she disappeared. (I can't remember if it was left or right arm.) She did have one other small identifying thing on one fingernail which I have not mentioned in the forum. This might be worth asking about.
"At the time she had a small identifying thing on one fingernail." Wouldn't this have gone away within months when the nail grows out and then gone for good?

Dr. Doogie
10-15-2006, 04:41 AM
Someone has replied to one of my many message boards where I have Anna listed. She says she had to wear a foot brace around the age of 5 and that was her earliest memory. She also says she has a scar on her back and on the back of her head she was told was from a barbed-wired fence. Was there this type of fencing near the farm?
This lead just got a whole lot more interesting! You go, girl!:woohoo:

SherlockJr
10-16-2006, 12:25 AM
I believe I have eliminated this adoptee from our search. There were many similiarities with Anna, but after speaking with the foster mother who had her prior to her adoption in 1973-1974, I think it is safe to rule her out. She was told she was born in WA in July 1968. She has been in foster care from the beginning and the family who took her when she was 18 months old brought her to Arizona in early 70's. I was able to confirm that they had already moved to AZ prior to Anna's abduction thru property records in the county. She did have a vaccination scar on her upper left arm (so do I! Am I Anna?) But I do not feel that she was stolen or abducted like she felt she may have been. She was born with club feet and wore a foot brace before she even learned how to walk. I'm keeping this adoptee in my prayers that she finds her family.

Shadow205
10-29-2006, 10:00 AM
myspace for Anna
I thought that since so many people are setting myspace pages for Anna and others are adding her to their myspace a thread would be good. This way we can keep up with them better and monitor comments easier. I hope that this is OK with you Dr.Doogie.

Here is a start:

http://www.myspace.com/122132098 (Gina's)

http://www.myspace.com/72639185 (SherlockJr's)

Pharlap
10-29-2006, 10:15 AM
myspace for Anna
I thought that since so many people are setting myspace pages for Anna and others are adding her to their myspace a thread would be good. This way we can keep up with them better and monitor comments easier. I hope that this is OK with you Dr.Doogie.

Here is a start:

http://www.myspace.com/122132098 (Gina's):angel:

:angel: http://www.myspace.com/72639185 (http://www.myspace.com/72639185) (SherlockJr's):angel:

Nice sites....tks

Dr. Doogie
10-29-2006, 01:08 PM
I hope that this is OK with you Dr.Doogie.

I think that all of this effort by you guys is great! :clap:

Gina_M
10-30-2006, 01:36 AM
Great idea Shadow. I'd like to add a couple here. This person contacted me through Myspace and wants to help get Anna's info out there. She has already made a post in her Myspace blog about Anna, posted bulletins about Anna, and said that anything else she can do to help, let her know:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=107825819

Here is another one...this person was kind enough to repost a bulletin I had posted about Anna (bulletins go out to all your Myspace friends), and to add Anna to her Top Friends:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=92885554

And this person was kind enough to make an Anna banner for me:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=113959127

Shadow205
10-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Gina, you posted this: And this person was kind enough to make an Anna banner for me:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...endid=113959127

This is from her site:

"This site was established on 09/26/06. It is here to help find missing persons. I know this works, for I have searched for my sister since I first found out about her 14 years ago, I have done everything humanly possible to find her, and after posting her on MySpace, I had found my sister by other people recognizing her photo. These people on MySpace brought me and my sister together, and I know if we all pull together we can try and help find other missing people. If you have a friend or loved one you are searching for, send their photos and all info and it will be posted. Or if you want to send a childs photo and info from the news to try and help"

It is so great to hear of people who are found and reunited with those who love them. Looks like myspace might be a good idea for getting the word out on many of those here at WS's.

SherlockJr
10-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Gina, you posted this: And this person was kind enough to make an Anna banner for me:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...endid=113959127

This is from her site:

"This site was established on 09/26/06. It is here to help find missing persons. I know this works, for I have searched for my sister since I first found out about her 14 years ago, I have done everything humanly possible to find her, and after posting her on MySpace, I had found my sister by other people recognizing her photo. These people on MySpace brought me and my sister together, and I know if we all pull together we can try and help find other missing people. If you have a friend or loved one you are searching for, send their photos and all info and it will be posted. Or if you want to send a childs photo and info from the news to try and help"

We may be headed in the right direction? It was the tipster from the newspaper who suggested MySpace.com. She is not one who visits the internet very much either.

Dr. Doogie
10-30-2006, 01:47 PM
I was just informed by Annasmom that the unidentified girl located in Caledonia, NY has been ruled out as a match for Anna. We can scratch that possibility off the list.

Gina_M
10-31-2006, 02:35 AM
We may be headed in the right direction? It was the tipster from the newspaper who suggested MySpace.com. She is not one who visits the internet very much either.
I was just browsing around and found this info about MySpace:

MySpace is the internet's largest online community. 75 million plus users, 15 million daily unique logins, 240,000 new users per day, and nearly 30 billion monthly page views - that’s 10,593 page views per second.

Jodibug
11-01-2006, 02:29 PM
That's amazing! I have never thought of MySpace as a tool. In fact, I have it blocked at my house because I am terrified of my kids getting on it.

Maybe someday I'll be able to reconsider that. I am really glad that there are some positive uses for MySpace and I hope it brings forth some new leads in this search!

Dr. Doogie
11-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Like almost anything, MySpace can be used for good or bad. The media tells the stories of pedophiles trolling Myspace looking for victims, but rarely do you hear of positive uses of it.

Can you imagine if the the media only reported bomb threats and obscene calls when talking about the telephone? People would conclude that phones were inherently evil and ban them from their house too.

Shadow205
11-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Like almost anything, MySpace can be used for good or bad. The media tells the stories of pedophiles trolling Myspace looking for victims, but rarely do you hear of positive uses of it.

Can you imagine if the the media only reported bomb threats and obscene calls when talking about the telephone? People would conclude that phones were inherently evil and ban them from their house too.

I like that, very well said!

SherlockJr
11-02-2006, 12:16 AM
That's amazing! I have never thought of MySpace as a tool. In fact, I have it blocked at my house because I am terrified of my kids getting on it.

Maybe someday I'll be able to reconsider that. I am really glad that there are some positive uses for MySpace and I hope it brings forth some new leads in this search!The page I set up for Anna, I think is doing well. It is getting many visits, however some of the visits may be coming from members and visitors of Websleuths. It's more than a full time job to do searches and adding friends. If I searched for anyone with the name Anna within 100 miles of San Mateo, the results are over 450 pages with about 10-15 profiles per page. Then you have to go thru every page and look at the profiles of girls around Anna's age. Just think how simple this might be if Annasmom had agreed to change her first name to Eifee!

SherlockJr
11-07-2006, 10:22 AM
I spoke to an adoptee last nite on the phone. She was born 9-23-67 in California and was adopted when she was 8 years old. She informed me that she found her birthmother about 3 years ago. She was so sweet and offered Anna's family in her prayers.
We will chalk off another one!

Gina_M
11-07-2006, 08:30 PM
I've been in touch with someone on MySpace who used to work in law enforcement and still helps search for missing people. He said he's done some work on Anna's case and is still doing work on it. Here's the link to his profile:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=100990528

mfmangel1
11-08-2006, 02:13 AM
I've been in touch with someone on MySpace who used to work in law enforcement and still helps search for missing people. He said he's done some work on Anna's case and is still doing work on it. Here's the link to his profile:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=100990528
The myspace acct. profile is set as "private" and "he" is listed as a female. :waitasec:

Dr. Doogie
11-08-2006, 11:59 AM
As a result of the various MySpace sites that have been posted, we have been contacted by someone who thinks that her acquaintance may be Anna. I can only speak in generalities at this point due to our ongoing investigation, but I can say the following:

1) The woman strongly resembles the age-progression of Anna.

2) The woman's listed birthday is within seven months of Anna's.

3) The woman knows that she is adopted by her step-father, but suspects that her mother is also not her birth-mother. She does not resemble anyone else in her family.

4) She has no memories (or childhood pictures) of five or before.

5) When showed Anna's childhood pictures without an explaination, her reaction was "Where did you get pictures of me as child?"

We are frantically examining anything and everything that we can discover about this woman and her family, looking for any connections to what we know or suspect about Anna's disappearance. If nothing is discovered to exclude this possible match, we may be proceeding with a DNA test in the near future.

As it becomes appropriate, we will post updates to this information. The woman that we are looking at is understandably nervous and scared about the possibilities, so I want to limit the amount of information that we post here to protect her privacy.

Jodibug
11-08-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm praying that you've found Anna!

Shadow205
11-08-2006, 02:47 PM
I am holding my breath and praying!

mfmangel1
11-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Amazing! I am hoping and praying! :angel:

rideforfun
11-08-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm crying, praying and praying some more. Everyday I just know we are so close. As I've been checking the posts daily I keep having the feeling that I will log on and see that we have found her.

I will pray for all invovled. I just know our miracle is coming.

GraceBlue
11-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Wow fingers and toes and everything crossed. I hope you found Anna.

Dr. Doogie
11-08-2006, 08:06 PM
We have been to this point before, only to be disappointed. One thing though, it is usually about now that we find something that precludes these matches from being Anna. That has not happened yet. Everything we are finding seems to continue to not disprove the possibility (is that an extremely convoluted sentence? - LOL!)

A couple of other quick notes:

1) The woman's birth certificate has notable gaps in information that raises the question of its authenticity.

2) The woman's current picture shows birthmarks on her face that seem to exactly correspond with pictures of Anna as a child and her birthmarks.

itsreenw
11-08-2006, 08:34 PM
OMG, have you tallked to her about what she DOES recall as a child? Is she willing to do a DNA test? Has Annasmom seen her pics? Sorry for all the questions. Just excited & hopeful. Any word from that tipster?

Gina_M
11-08-2006, 09:31 PM
The myspace acct. profile is set as "private" and "he" is listed as a female. :waitasec:
That's weird, it doesn't appear as private when I look at it.
And yes, I looked at it from my other account, where this person is not on my friends list ;)

And oops...I guess I saw the name Chris and just assumed it was a guy :p

Gina_M
11-08-2006, 09:45 PM
We are frantically examining anything and everything that we can discover about this woman and her family, looking for any connections to what we know or suspect about Anna's disappearance. If nothing is discovered to exclude this possible match, we may be proceeding with a DNA test in the near future.

As it becomes appropriate, we will post updates to this information. The woman that we are looking at is understandably nervous and scared about the possibilities, so I want to limit the amount of information that we post here to protect her privacy.
Doogie,

I wait in anticipation to see how this pans out. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic. Crossing my fingers and praying... :)

Annasbro
11-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Hello Everyone - Dr Doogie- Do you know anything about the mole on Anna's cheek? I couldn't remember which side it was on. On the progressed photo I noticed they placed it on her left cheek. I couldn't quite see it in Anna's 5 year old picture. I noticed that the prospective match had an identical mole but on her right cheek. I was just wondering if we could somehow coordinate this if it could help the matching progress - Thanks

LisainWV
11-09-2006, 12:49 PM
How exciting!!

Annasmom
11-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Hello Everyone - Dr Doogie- Do you know anything about the mole on Anna's cheek? I couldn't remember which side it was on. On the progressed photo I noticed they placed it on her left cheek. I couldn't quite see it in Anna's 5 year old picture. I noticed that the prospective match had an identical mole but on her right cheek. I was just wondering if we could somehow coordinate this if it could help the matching progress - ThanksHi, Annasbro; we've been playing phone tag. My memory is that the mole was high on her right cheekbone. The NCMEC age-advanced picture placement of the mole is wrong. It's on the wrong side and not high enough. This doesn't quite match up with the stunning photo overlay we're looking at right now (we haven't been able to post this because of privacy issues, so I will tell you that though we have some doubts that this could be Anna, the resemblance is uncanny)--but moles can go away, change, be removed. Smallpox vaccination scars do not go away, and I wish we could learn about these a little more, since few people born after 1968 would have them (and Anna did.) Sherlock and I have had quite a correspondence about moles.

Annasbro
11-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Dr. Doogie and Slueths -Is there any kind of protocall that we have come up with as to making a prospective candidate aware of the case and the web site in a non-threatening way? I know that with our experiences in the past we need to figure out a way that protects an individual's privacy while informing them.

Rhett
11-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Moles can also appear after adulthood or after adolescence. "Our" Anna could have more moles than she did at the time of her abduction or she could have less so do not go on the moles alone for sure.

Annasmom
11-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Dr. Doogie and Sleuths -Is there any kind of protocol that we have come up with as to making a prospective candidate aware of the case and the web site in a non-threatening way? I know that with our experiences in the past we need to figure out a way that protects an individual's privacy while informing them. Annasbro, one thing that is hindering us is that our California tipster does not use a computer, and neither does the young woman we are looking at.

Dr. Doogie
11-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Dr. Doogie and Slueths -Is there any kind of protocall that we have come up with as to making a prospective candidate aware of the case and the web site in a non-threatening way? I know that with our experiences in the past we need to figure out a way that protects an individual's privacy while informing them.
Hey, AB! Good to hear from you!

We have been kinda handling that situation by the seat of our pants. I have tried to pass along whatever relevant information directly to a possible match without necessarily directing them to the site (at least in the beginning), since there is so much information here that it can easily overwhelm someone.

We always have tried to handle the privacy issue with as delicate a touch as possible - that is why we have not posted even the first name of this new possible match until we feel that she would be okay with that info becoming public. I just spoke with SherlockJr about the possibility of posting some of the picture evidence we have and concluded that we will not post until we have permission of this woman to do so.

Dr. Doogie
11-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Moles can also appear after adulthood or after adolescence. "Our" Anna could have more moles than she did at the time of her abduction or she could have less so do not go on the moles alone for sure.
The picture that we have shows moles where Anna had hers and additional ones that Anna did not have - exactly what you would expect as someone ages.

smile22
11-09-2006, 07:33 PM
i saw the pictures and i was shocked so uncanny the resemblance. what struck me was when she said where did u get the pictures of me as a child

MagicRose99
11-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Hey Doogie? Any way to get a younger pic of this person that we could match up to Anna?

Dr. Doogie
11-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey Doogie? Any way to get a younger pic of this person that we could match up to Anna?
We're workin' on it.

gardenmom
11-10-2006, 12:27 AM
I will pray as well. :angel:

Dr. Doogie
11-10-2006, 01:27 PM
SherlockJr has been applying her ample geneaology skills at uncovering the family tree of this new woman who looks so much like Anna. She has discovered that the woman has four "full-siblings" and additional younger "half-siblings". Remembering that the woman says that she does not resemble anyone in her family, this is still problematic. It is a question of what would the motivation be for a couple who has several boys and girls to kidnap another child to call their own? We have been working on the assumption that Anna was taken by a childless couple (or at least a "girl-less" couple) to be raised as their daughter. This family does not fit that assumption. There may be additional unknown motives, but they are not obvious at this point.

We have been looking into any possible connections between this family and California (especially the SF Bay Area). The woman says that she has lived in one particular mid-western state (as best that she can remember). However, SherlockJr has uncovered that an older brother seems to have resided in Redwood City, CA at some point in his life (we have not been able to establish an exact timeframe). This brother would have been 18 years old in 1973, so it is possible that he was residing in the Bay Area at that time. Based on pure speculation, it is possible that his mother and father came to visit the brother and abducted Anna at that time. We have absolutely no evidence that this is what occured - it is just being mentioned as a possible scenario that would fit the known details of Anna's disappearance.

And in case anyone is thinking of this: I checked the coloring of license plates in the state that the family lived in and the only year that fits the green lettering / white background description given by Annasbro for the "couple in the car" would have been from the early 1960's, not the late 1960's that AB described the car as. There was a very destinctive change in car stylings during the 1960's that would eliminate the possibilty of a mis-identification of the era of the vehicle that AB saw. However, someone in one state could purchase a vehicle from another state (that does have the right coloring) and used the old plates until a new set arrived.

SherlockJr
11-10-2006, 01:33 PM
SherlockJr has been applying her ample geneaology skills at uncovering the family tree of this new woman who looks so much like Anna. She has discovered that the woman has four "full-siblings" and additional younger "half-siblings". Remembering that the woman says that she does not resemble anyone in her family, this is still problematic. It is a question of what would the motivation be for a couple who has several boys and girls to kidnap another child to call their own? We have been working on the assumption that Anna was taken by a childless couple (or at least a "girl-less" couple) to be raised as their daughter. This family does not fit that assumption. There may be additional unknown motives, but they are not obvious at this point.

We have been looking into any possible connections between this family and California (especially the SF Bay Area). The woman says that she has lived in one particular mid-western state (as best that she can remember). However, SherlockJr has uncovered that an older brother seems to have resided in Redwood City, CA at some point in his life (we have not been able to establish an exact timeframe). This brother would have been 18 years old in 1973, so it is possible that he was residing in the Bay Area at that time. Based on pure speculation, it is possible that his mother and father came to visit the brother and abducted Anna at that time. We have absolutely no evidence that this is what occured - it is just being mentioned as a possible scenario that would fit the known details of Anna's disappearance...
I have not confirmed this person to be the sibling yet. They share the same name.

Dr. Doogie
11-10-2006, 01:44 PM
I have not confirmed this person to be the sibling yet. They share the same name.
I stand corrected - I should have said that someone with the same name as sibling lived in Redwood City. Thanks, SJ!

Annasmom
11-10-2006, 01:52 PM
I stand corrected - I should have said that someone with the same name as sibling lived in Redwood City. Thanks, SJ! The reason we are left with so much speculation is that the individual who saw the picture on MySpace refuses to give us direct contact with the Anna lookalike, so that every little bit of information has to come through her. I am finding this maddening. Sherlock and Dr. D are wonderful sleuths, but they are having to work through an intermediary whose impressions are certainly not as immediate or helpful as direct contact. In addition to this problem, it now looks as if the intermediary is backing off the entire thing.

Annasbro
11-10-2006, 02:12 PM
One thing we can't discount in all of this is the criminal element. Whoever abducted Anna has commited a felony. Even though it was a long time ago -is there a statute of limitations? - as we get closer to any potential candidate, the people associated with the crime might still be in the picture somehow. I wouldn't speculate in this particular case about our tipster, but there could be any number or reasons she is getting cold feet including threats from someone who was involved with the crime not wanting her to reveal their identity.

natasha-cupcake
11-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Doogie, it's also possible that IF this is Anna, the "parents" who raised her may not be the original couple (or individual) who kidnapped her. I can see a situation where kidnapper(s) might turn over custody to someone else, especially if they thought they were in danger of being caught.

I haven't posted in a while, but I do check in daily to read. Anna's case is the one closest to my heart, here on Websleuths and I certainly hope that this is the big break. If not, we all stay strong and march on. God Bless everyone here who actively and tirelessly sleuth for Anna (Annasmom, Doogie, Sherlock and anyone else who deserves special mention.) I'm amazed at the resourcefulness and skill of the people on this board. I'm somewhat lacking in both, so I'm restricted to cheerleader status, I guess!

SherlockJr
11-10-2006, 02:28 PM
One thing we can't discount in all of this is the criminal element. Whoever abducted Anna has commited a felony. Even though it was a long time ago -is there a statute of limitations? - as we get closer to any potential candidate, the people associated with the crime might still be in the picture somehow. I wouldn't speculate in this particular case about our tipster, but there could be any number or reasons she is getting cold feet including threats from someone who was involved with the crime not wanting her to reveal their identity.
Speaking about the life of crime... the tipster from the newspaper article who contacted Dr Doogie believes when she was visited by a Bill and Anna, were there to rob the house. Could Bill taken this child with him during his robberies to keep anyone that was there occupied with the child while he searched the house? The robberies in the area soon stopped about the time the tipster was visited. They could have left the area and continued these crimes in other cities or states.
Could they have been caught? The child would be a ward of the state and not know her identity. Or without being caught early, continue robbing for years and then get busted at an age where she would have to spend time.

smile22
11-10-2006, 03:55 PM
something sounds fishy about this person that wont give us direct contact with the look alike.it sounds like she is starting to play a game and i think le should get involved if it does turn out that their is a 98% chance that she could be anna. just my opinons. i got taken for a ride when a man posting at a website was claming to be a missing child but fellow sleuthers were able to uncover his lies and he was also being watch by le

Shadow205
11-10-2006, 04:09 PM
something sounds fishy about this person that wont give us direct contact with the look alike.it sounds like she is starting to play a game and i think le should get involved if it does turn out that their is a 98% chance that she could be anna. just my opinons. i got taken for a ride when a man posting at a website was claming to be a missing child but fellow sleuthers were able to uncover his lies and he was also being watch by le
I can't believe I'm even saying this but I hope the contact person isn't Delia :eek:

Dr. Doogie
11-10-2006, 04:11 PM
We are a long way from 98% sure that this woman is Anna. More like 98% undecided.

I would caution everyone when they post here: the intermediary person does visit this website as an unregistered guest and her co-operation is crucial. Please be aware of that when posting. :)

Dr. Doogie
11-10-2006, 04:14 PM
I can't believe I'm even saying this but I hope the contact person isn't Delia :eek:
LOL - the thought entered my mind, but this is a long distance away from BFE, Texas or wherever it was that she lived. :D

Annasbro
11-10-2006, 05:29 PM
It is sobering to think about folks out there that have some kind of hidden agenda. I find encouragement though in all of the sleuths who work so hard to find the truth. I believe people are for the most part good. We just all need to proceed through life optimistcally, confidently, and deliberately but consciously knowing there is another small but potent negative element out there.

itsreenw
11-10-2006, 06:31 PM
However, someone in one state could purchase a vehicle from another state (that does have the right coloring) and used the old plates until a new set arrived.__________________
Or the license plates could have been stolen from another car. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the plates.

Shadow205, we think too much alike.

itsreenw
11-10-2006, 06:57 PM
One thing we can't discount in all of this is the criminal element. Whoever abducted Anna has commited a felony. Even though it was a long time ago -is there a statute of limitations? - as we get closer to any potential candidate, the people associated with the crime might still be in the picture somehow. I wouldn't speculate in this particular case about our tipster, but there could be any number or reasons she is getting cold feet including threats from someone who was involved with the crime not wanting her to reveal their identity.Annasbro, I just read an article about a kidnapping in Vallejo, CA where a baby was abducted, his mother shot and set on fire and the abductor, a teen girl, raised the boy as her own for 6 yrs.

Here is the part of the article that addresses the statute of limitations:

In the other defense challenge, Pendergast argues that the statute of limitations has run out for trying Brown on charges of kidnapping and arson of an inhabited dwelling. He said the statute of limitations for both crimes is six years, measured from the date the crime was committed to the commencement of prosecution. Given that Boyden was killed May 17, 1996, prosecutors would have needed to file charges by May 17 of last year.

In her response, Stashyn concedes that the statute of limitations has run out on the arson charge, but not on the kidnapping charge, which was an ongoing crime, starting from the day Le-Zhan was taken from his mother to this past December, when he was found by police. Stashyn said it's up to the court whether to dismiss the arson charges at Friday's hearing.

Shadow205
11-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I don't think that there is a statute of limitations for kidnapping. I found this:

Currently, charges in most criminal cases must be filed within six years -- with no statute of limitations applying on cases involving murder and kidnapping.

http://ca.rand.org/statebulls/bulletins/xstatebull306.html

itsreenw
11-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Speaking about the life of crime... the tipster from the newspaper article who contacted Dr Doogie believes when she was visited by a Bill and Anna, were there to rob the house. Could Bill taken this child with him during his robberies to keep anyone that was there occupied with the child while he searched the house? The robberies in the area soon stopped about the time the tipster was visited. They could have left the area and continued these crimes in other cities or states.
Could they have been caught? The child would be a ward of the state and not know her identity. Or without being caught early, continue robbing for years and then get busted at an age where she would have to spend time.SherlockJr, can you ask her what changed her mind to this theory? Did she remember more details? I thought she believed it was a tenant of one of her father's properties that came to pay rent. He would be pretty silly to rob his landlord knowing he could be identified.

Dr. Doogie
11-10-2006, 07:55 PM
SherlockJr, can you ask her what changed her mind to this theory? Did she remember more details? I thought she believed it was a tenant of one of her father's properties that came to pay rent. He would be pretty silly to rob his landlord knowing he could be identified.
The tipster originally stated that she thought that "Bill" knew her father and may have been a tenant. She later modified that statment to he knew her father and she didn't know if he was tenant. It is not necessarily a contradiction, just a different way of stating the same thing: he may have been a tenant, but she doesn't know for sure.

I believe that Bill may have been surprised that a high-school-aged girl was home on a school day. The tipster was sick and bedridden at the time of Bill and Anna's "visit".

mfmangel1
11-10-2006, 11:28 PM
It is sobering to think about folks out there that have some kind of hidden agenda. I find encouragement though in all of the sleuths who work so hard to find the truth. I believe people are for the most part good. We just all need to proceed through life optimistcally, confidently, and deliberately but consciously knowing there is another small but potent negative element out there.

Well said, Annasbro. It is obvious who raised you! I think all of us try to believe what you have stated so well.

LisainWV
11-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Whomever came up with the myspace idea is a genius by my standards.

I suggested doing a myspace for the Greys Harbor WA John Doe (gave you folks the credit for the idea) and my pet case of the Carbon County Pa Jane Doe may benefit as well.

Sorry for sidetracking this thread somewhat. Just wanted to give some "attaboys" to you folks. :woohoo: :clap: :dance:

SherlockJr
11-11-2006, 11:36 AM
We are a long way from 98% sure that this woman is Anna. More like 98% undecided.

I received a phone call from the intermediary person yesterday. She personally went to the public library and found a birth announcement in their local newspaper from 1967 for the Anna look-alike. The newspaper there or back then did not print the name of the child, only the name of the father or parents. She was told some time ago her fathers first name. The newspaper showed his first name along with a last name that has shown up in the look-alike and her siblings searches.

So we have confirmed that a person with the same name as the father had a baby girl at the time the look-alike was born.
We have a very slim chance that this woman is Anna. We may still consider a DNA on this person since the pros have heavily outweighed the cons. I have offered to find her father for her, but again this went through the intermediary person and I have not heard back from her on this.

Gina_M
11-11-2006, 04:33 PM
The discovery of the birth announcement does make it unlikely that this person is Anna. I suppose a possible scenario is that the original child died, maybe around the age of 4 or 5, and the grief stricken parents, who just happened to be vacationing in San Mateo County, spotted Anna and decided to take her as a replacement. Pretty unlikely though :waitasec:

Annasmom
11-11-2006, 06:46 PM
The discovery of the birth announcement does make it unlikely that this person is Anna. I suppose a possible scenario is that the original child died, maybe around the age of 4 or 5, and the grief stricken parents, who just happened to be vacationing in San Mateo County, spotted Anna and decided to take her as a replacement. Pretty unlikely though :waitasec: Actually, I believe SherlockJr. has found quite a lot of duplication of this family's not-too-unusual name both in the area the announcement appeared and elsewhere. The announcement is not really an official document, only a listing in a newspaper public records column which does not include the mother's name, hospital, specific date of birth, etc.

smile22
11-12-2006, 12:17 PM
was the birth announcement for the same day as anna was born? and what year was it put in the paper that year or was put in another year?

SherlockJr
11-12-2006, 12:21 PM
was the birth announcement for the same day as anna was born? and what year was it put in the paper that year or was put in another year?
The Anna look-alike was born in Feb 1967. The birth announcement was placed in the February 11, 1967 issue.

itsreenw
11-13-2006, 01:11 AM
The tipster originally stated that she thought that "Bill" knew her father and may have been a tenant. She later modified that statment to he knew her father and she didn't know if he was tenant. It is not necessarily a contradiction, just a different way of stating the same thing: he may have been a tenant, but she doesn't know for sure.

I believe that Bill may have been surprised that a high-school-aged girl was home on a school day. The tipster was sick and bedridden at the time of Bill and Anna's "visit".Hmmm...now that I understand the scenario better that does leave some questions. If it was a school day, the little girl should have been in school too. If he was there to pay the rent, the tipster, being a teen would've been old enough to accept the rent payment.

So she is almost 100% sure that the man knew her dad?? I wonder if she has any old photo albums. I know my parents had pics of daddy and his fishing buddies and friends from the military, etc... I wonder if she dusted the photo albums off if she might see this man.

Dr. Doogie
11-13-2006, 02:21 AM
...So she is almost 100% sure that the man knew her dad?? ...
She asked him if he knew her father and he said yes. She stated that this was the only time that she ever saw the man.

mjak
11-14-2006, 05:48 PM
I wish I felt more optomistic about both potential leeds but I have to admit neither seem very encouraging to me. The women who recalls a man and anna visiting her house when she was home sick seems to remember a lot of detail. However, this encounter took place so many years ago I have to be skeptical about what she recalls. Even if her recollection is correct how in the world do we follow up on something like this? The Anna look alike sounded very promising but we really need the intermediary to make it possible for this person to come forward herself. As long as there is an intermediary in the picture the scenerio remains doubtful to me. I was really excited about this look a like until I read about the intermedary situation. I read this thread almost everyday, although I don't post much. Latley I have been thinking a lot about Anna. I truly believe she is alive. As crazy as it may seem when I view her missing flyer her picture has a demension to it that is so filled with life. I often find this absent with other missing flyer photos. I might just be nuts, but I thought I would share that perception of mine with you all.

mjak

Dr. Doogie
11-14-2006, 06:00 PM
mjak:

Your observations and conclusions are accurate. We are working on both leads to either solidify or eliminate the evidence/testimony.

Annasmom
11-14-2006, 07:34 PM
I read this thread almost everyday, although I don't post much. Latley I have been thinking a lot about Anna. I truly believe she is alive. As crazy as it may seem when I view her missing flyer her picture has a dimension to it that is so filled with life. I often find this absent with other missing flyer photos. I might just be nuts, but I thought I would share that perception of mine with you all.
mjak
Thank you, mjak. I feel that way, too. And even though the look-alike we're trying to pin down may not be Anna, she has that same lively expression. It's hard to explain.

rideforfun
11-15-2006, 10:24 AM
I'd still like us to find a police officer who was involved in investigating the robberies and see if the police had any suspects that they could not charge.

The woman who recalls being home on a school day and meeting "Bill" is a very solid lead that has been backed up by the newspaper accounts of all the robberies.

I'm not sure I believe he rented from her dad, I think she surprised him and when she asked him if he knew her dad or was here to pay his rent or whatever the exact words were, I think that gave him the "out" of having to explain why he was at/in her home. I think her feelings of fear and the robbery deal are spot on. It is possible that when she offered a logical explanation of why he was at the home she saved herself from being harmed. She offered him something that he could agree to and that she would believe. It doesn't mean it was true. And "Bill" having a child with him would certainly make him less threatening than a man alone in an area that had experienced a crime wave.

If there is any way I can help follow up on this long distance please let me know. I'm hopeful with the recent publicity we can ask for the names of police that would have worked the robberies and follow up with them direct.

mjak
11-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Thank you, mjak. I feel that way, too. And even though the look-alike we're trying to pin down may not be Anna, she has that same lively expression. It's hard to explain.
I understand it completly!! When I first saw Anna's picture on the doe network before comming here I was blown away by what I can only describe as life energy reverbrating from Anna's picture. It was like most it not all of the other pictures I had seen were one dementional and Anna's was 3d. I have never forgotten that first impression and it still hits me today whenever I see her photos. Incidently I am not in to new age stuff or energy work or anything like that. So its not usual for me to feel these things and then to post them in a forum like this. Most people know my posts tend to me very concrete and logical and weak on the emotive part, lol. So this is out of character for me.

mjak

mjak
11-15-2006, 06:32 PM
I don't remember if I said this before or not but I think this myspace Idea is brilliant!!

mjak

Shadow205
11-15-2006, 07:52 PM
I got side tracked by the "Anna-lookalike" and never posted a link to my myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/rust205

Dr. Doogie
11-16-2006, 07:35 PM
I received a phone call today from the Anna "look-alike". This is the first direct contact that we have had with this woman.

There were a couple of important clarifications and revelations as a result of the phone call. One is that the name of the man who she knows as her birthfather matches the name of the birth announcement that SherlockJr mentioned. This does make it unlikely that this woman is Anna.

However, the other revelation is that the state records bureau where she lives has no record of her birth at all. The birth certificate that contains incomplete information was issued by the state recently because she needed a birth certificate and she did not have all of the details of her birth. It is possible that she was born in a different state than she believes she was and that state would have the records, but this does not fit with anything that she knows about her history. This is very curious and causes me to not dismiss the possibility that she may still be Anna.

I received her permission to post her picture on this site, so I will do that once I get home today. She has asked that we not post her name here, so if anyone posts the picture before I get a chance to, please make sure that the file name does not include any identifying names. Thanks!

One other interesting thing about her name is that her first name is a variation of "Christian" and her middle name is a variation of "Anna". I can think of no logical reason that an abductor would do this purposely, so it probably is nothing more than one more amazing coincidence in a case full of them. However, it is one heck of a coincidence.

Shadow205
11-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Well, well, I was ready to write her off as not being Anna, now I'm not so sure. That is a very strange coincidence about the name and add to it that there is something not right with her birth certificate. You got more going hmmm again.

I still want to see a pic of her when she was a young child.

Dr. Doogie
11-16-2006, 08:20 PM
I still want to see a pic of her when she was a young child.She has no pictures of herself as a young child. She no longer has contact with her mother, so she does not have any means of obtaining pictures of her as a child (if those exist at all). She did confirm the information that we received from the intermediary that her reaction to Anna's pictures was to ask, "Where did you get pictures of me as a child?" This confirms that she not only resembles what we believe Anna to look like today, but that she has looked like her throughout her life.

She stated that she has few memories before age ten and none earlier than age six. We have learned that this woman expressed traits that would be consistent with experiencing a major trauma as a child (bedwetting and thumbsucking that continued up until adolescence). This assumed trauma may explain the missing portion of her memories and that trauma may not have been that she was abducted. However, it also may be that she was and that she is Anna. We continue to explore that possibility.

Dr. Doogie
11-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Here is a picture of the "look-alike":
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/drdoogief/album/576460762341965337/photo/294928803617068050/0

Here is a comparison to the age-progression of Anna:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/drdoogief/album/576460762341965337/photo/294928803617068047/1

Shadow205
11-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Doogie,

I'm sure that you have already thought of this but just in case....If we can find out where she atended school, especially elementary school maybe we can find some childhood pictures. I would be more than willing to help explore that if you want to PM me with a location to start.

Shadow205
11-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Here is a picture of the "look-alike":
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/drdoogief/album/576460762341965337/photo/294928803617068050/0

Here is a comparison to the age-progression of Anna:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/drdoogief/album/576460762341965337/photo/294928803617068047/1
Might just be me but the links don't work.

Dr. Doogie
11-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Doogie,

I'm sure that you have already thought of this but just in case....If we can find out where she atended school, especially elementary school maybe we can find some childhood pictures. I would be more than willing to help explore that if you want to PM me with a location to start.
We have an elementary school name - I will PM you the information. There may be some old class pictures on file where we can find her. Fortunately, the school is relatively small with a student population below 200.

Dr. Doogie
11-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Might just be me but the links don't work.
Weird. I tried them and they do work for me. Is anyone else having trouble with them?

itsreenw
11-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Her father's name on the birth certificate isn't really proof enough to rule her out IMO. This is from an article on Ancestry.com

snip:
My mother was not married at the time (of writer's birth) When I went to get a copy of my birth certificate just a few years ago, there was nothing at all on file. I asked my mother about this and she told me that, since it was such an "improper" situation, the doctor didn't file a birth certificate when I was born. When she got married three years later, he filled out a form that I used all my life. It listed her husband as my father. It was not a birth certificate, but it was accepted by everyone who needed to see one.
I wanted to see how easy it would be to get a delayed birth certificate in the US and Canada since we are so close.

This list of requirements and acceptable forms of proof of birth is from Canada but look at how easy it is to obtain a delayed birth certificate:

[QUOTE]

(http://[quote]%20%3c/div%3E%3C/b%3E%3C/p%3E%3Cp%20style=%22margin:0px%22%3E%3Cb%3E%3Cdiv% 20align=%22left%22%3E%3Cb%3E)Examples of "Class A" Evidence:

To qualify as Class A evidence the document must be

dated before the individual's fourth birthday and,
contain all the following information:

full name of the individual
date of birth
place of birth
parent's names (father may not be listed)
date of record
NOTE: If the document contains all info above, no other documentation is needed

OTHER EXAMPLES OF CLASS A DOCUMENTS

A baptismal, christening, blessing, or similar church or religious record. If a baptismal certificate is obtained you will also be required to supply:
a letter with the name, location and phone number of the church or diocese who issued the certificate.

a photocopy of the page from the baptismal register where the birth information was recorded.

A document from the medical records department in the hospital where the person was born.
A letter or report from the doctor or midwife present at the person's birth
Class B Evidence (partial list)

Life insurance policies, employment records, health/medical records, army discharge records, etc.

All that would be easy enough to get. Here's a list of acceptable documents for NC. I just used a random state and it was from 1971 so I thought the requirements should have been about the same 2 yrs later.

THIS WAS IN AN ARTICLE WRITTEN BY A GENEALOGIST FROM NC

SNIP
My father’s Delayed Certificate of Birth was issued by the North Carolina State Board of Health, Office of Vital Statistics, on 5 October 1971. His three pieces of documentation were a little different.

1. Family Bible record in his possession, and his post office box mailing address was listed. The publication date of the Bible was listed as 1896.
2. An insurance policy (number included) issued to my father by the Pilot Life Insurance Company of Greensboro, North Carolina. The issue date was listed as 11 June 1940.

A 31 yr old insurance policy was accepted as proof of birth???

Dr. Doogie
11-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Class B Evidence
Life insurance policies...
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

itsreenw
11-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
[/left]EXACTLY WHAT I'M THINKING, DOOGIE.

MagicRose99
11-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Here are the pics:
Well... whoever did them pics did a good job, heh? ;) LOL!

MagicRose99
11-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Here are the pics:
Just a thought Doogie... who does Annasmom think Anna looks more like (or would resemble more?); her, George, someone else in the family? Do we have a pic of that person at this approximate age that we can compare this lady's pic to?

Annasmom
11-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Just a thought Doogie... who does Annasmom think Anna looks more like (or would resemble more?); her, George, someone else in the family? Do we have a pic of that person at this approximate age that we can compare this lady's pic to? The age-advanced picture from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (the one which is on the comparison Doogie posted) was made by consulting photographs of both parents at the approximate age Anna was depicted (30-something). The technicians who developed the software to make age-advanced pictures also looked at pictures of her half-brothers.

itsreenw
11-16-2006, 11:13 PM
and I think adding "Eiffee" was added so they could easily drop "Waters" from her real BC. I wouldn't be surprised if her abductors last name was something spelled similarly to "Eiffee". I don't buy that story GB told about being in alignment with Anna numerologically.

mjak
11-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Wow, I think the resembalance is amazing!! My discouragment of yesterday has just been replaced by new hope!! fingers crossed.

mjak

annemc2
11-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Wow is right! The photo comparison gives me chills - as soon as I saw the "look alike" I thought she looks just like the age-enhanced photo of Anna. If this woman is not Anna then this whole thing is one of the freakiest coincidences of all time.

eta: seriously, I am looking at the photos again and they're making me well up with tears (and I don't even have PMS!)

Dr. Doogie
11-16-2006, 11:22 PM
and I think adding "Eiffee" was added so they could easily drop "Waters" from her real BC. I wouldn't be surprised if her abductors last name was something spelled similarly to "Eiffee". I don't buy that story GB told about being in alignment with Anna numerologically.
"Eifee" was added within a couple of weeks after she was born, so it seems unlikely that it has any direct connection to Anna's disappearance. However, it may have some significance to Brody beyond the numerological aspect that we have yet to discover.

Dr. Doogie
11-16-2006, 11:36 PM
EXACTLY WHAT I'M THINKING, DOOGIE.
"The Plan" note that is detailed in another thread in this forum concerned the attaining of a life insurance policy on George Waters with Anna listed as the beneficiary. Something was going to occur in this plan on January 1973 (the month she disappeared). After this event, the policy was going to be rewritten with Brody as the beneficiary.

We have never been able to locate a copy of this policy with Anna's name as beneficiary (only Brody's). Could the name on the policy been something other than Anna's? In other words, the policy may have been to create a paper trail that could be used to establish a new identity for Anna under a different name. The Plan note lists the beneficiary as A.C.E. (Anna Christian Eifee), but who knows what is actually on the policy. Remeber, GW was meticulous is documenting everything, yet no copies of that policy exist with Anna's name on it. Could this be one of the things that he "sanatized" before his suicide?

Dr. Doogie
11-17-2006, 01:05 AM
In particular, compare the mole under Anna's left eye near the nose in the above picture posted by Sherlock to our look-alike.

Dr. Doogie
11-17-2006, 01:07 AM
Shadow205:

Remember that the mole depicted on the age progression is on the wrong side. It should be on her left side as we look at the picture.

Shadow205
11-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Shadow205:

Remember that the mole depicted on the age progression is on the wrong side. It should be on her left side as we look at the picture.
I deleted the last pictures. I cropped the wrong area. I am going to redo them and then I'll post them again. Thaks for that reminder Doogie :doh: